Speaker 1: Good morning, lighty gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with us free of us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us Florida.
Speaker 2: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram, super duper. That's nice. Fight a goo, Nito gay, Yes boy, that is good.
Speaker 4: Is the thirteenth day of February twenty twenty sixth Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Friday the thirteenth, on the part of Morning Show. Hi, my name is Chris Hockey, and here we are. We're gonna play the initials game. I'm leaving a little early today, but the guys, obviously everybody else is here. Paris is gonna come in, and Marns will be here and a cast of thousands to play the initials game and so much more.
Speaker 5: So let's get her started.
Speaker 4: Here's some comedy, some comedy from Doug Millard about Valentine's Da, which is tomorrow on the partrip Come on in.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 2: Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Anybody anybody love Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Who here hates Valentine's Day? Yes, yes, these are my people. Yes, I hate that.
Speaker 1: If Cupid we're here, rip up his wings and punch him in the diaper.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you why I ate Valentine's Day because a few years ago, on Valentine's Night, I thought I would have a nice romantic evening in with the lady. But little did I know that that same night, her ex boyfriend thought he would try to win her heart back, and being the sweet romantic guy that he is, he thought the best way to do this would be to get all coked up and then jump through a window and tried to murder me. Don't move that, I.
Speaker 2: Know you can.
Speaker 1: Fellas are thinking like, why didn't I think of it? I know there's always next year, because you know what, it works, They're still together.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: Don't feel sorry for me.
Speaker 1: Though, because you know I got a cash settlement out of the deal. And I'll tell you this right now, getting stabbed actually pays better than comedy.
Speaker 6: So is on your side?
Speaker 2: You here the distance under this in you stray.
Speaker 7: Friday the thirteenth, feb twenty twenty six, Power Trip morning, Joe, I'm Corey Coove. That's Chris Hockey, that's Meat Sauce, Paul Lambert, there's Zach Halperson and there is the gentleman John Freesoul.
Speaker 2: What good morning? Hi, Hi, Hi, good morning. What's uh?
Speaker 3: Friday the thirteenth today Valentine's Day Tomorrow Feb.
Speaker 7: Fifteenth on Sunday. Geez, what an unbelievable weekend.
Speaker 8: I should watch him Friday the thirteenth tonight. You love it part six, especially when he gets what.
Speaker 2: Happens in the sixth one. That's where they dig him up.
Speaker 5: That's versus Freddy.
Speaker 2: Oh that this one's called Jason Lives.
Speaker 8: It's where Tommy is back from the insane asylum, brings his buddy to the greatest opening scene in horror cinema.
Speaker 2: We watch it like once a month game at a minimum.
Speaker 8: So then they dig him up to just Tommy needs to verify that he's dead. He's dead, Doc right, he did, and then before he got mixed up with Jason, and then he wants to re kill him just to make sure, so he dumps gasoline on him, goes to light a match. Of course, it starts raining and lightning at the time he takes a metal rod from the fence, stabs Jason a bunch of times, cussing Adham, then walks away.
Speaker 2: Lightning strikes the rod.
Speaker 8: Jason's eyes open, and shortly after that, Jason gets up punches through Tommy's friend's heart. It is the best. Then he goes puts his mask. It is find it on YouTube otherwise paramount plus. Obviously, just that opening scene is the freaking greatest. It's outstanding.
Speaker 2: Diamond hard. Yeah, that's so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good.
Speaker 9: Happy Friday the thirteenth, Yeah right, yeah, okay, what a beautiful day.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be in the high forties today, the seventies, yes, d yeah, it was beautiful yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great day.
Speaker 2: We might have. We might be on the other end of it, the long, long term one.
Speaker 8: It's gonna get chilly again, but I think we're obviously done with the below zero stuff, and we could get some more snow. But the sooner we melt this, the sooner spring will be here.
Speaker 9: And then the sooner we can get back to football season. Golf first back too. Yeah, yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: We should slow time down, not speeded up.
Speaker 9: I would yeah with my thirteen month old Yeah, oh just wait yeah, oh yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Think it's warm here.
Speaker 7: There's a guy that just finished the cross country skiing ten kilometer in Italy. Tank topped it the whole way. Good, must be warm there. If you look down into the town, it looks like there's not a lot of snow on the ground, but up in the mountain there is. But yeah, I don't think he cared. No, no, no, I wasn't looking at that area. But I don't think he cared either way. Tank top the whole way. I was, and I didn't say a lot on EPP you were looking, well, yeah, to make sure rocks. Yeah, that's what we're looking for. Well, you're watching cross country skiing, you have a chance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, you never know, I'll collapse. You want to come over here and sit between us. You can go cross country.
Speaker 3: Sat very slowly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Norwegians just dominate this boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how they get places, right, Yep.
Speaker 7: There's no public transportation, that's just ski everywhere.
Speaker 5: You get to the finish line, they collapse like they died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really forgot them out of the air.
Speaker 8: I think that was one of the first times I thought this might have been a mistake joining the military. Was when we had to do one of my first rills, even before I had been to basic training. We had to like cross country ski with our gear, weapons and everything.
Speaker 2: I was like, this sucks. I don't ever want to fight in a winter war.
Speaker 3: Did you ever do that? No, Rex thing, I didn't. Okay, No, the trees and.
Speaker 8: The exchange between the Norwegian military and the Minnesota National Guards.
Speaker 2: So we'll send people over. They send people over.
Speaker 3: Remember when I went to Norway, Yeah, and cheese a wise man, beautiful country. But then you get up to where they do the training and stuff and they're building these like snow hut things in the into the mountain. Not even I don't know what the odds. I think they might might be the word, but man, you stay warming them though.
Speaker 2: We weren't that impression there for a second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We weren't to that point yet. We would have though if we had to.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there weren't a lot of animals though.
Speaker 2: Whatever you gotta do to st live, man, it's part of your training. Beautiful people.
Speaker 5: Thanks Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just nothing.
Speaker 3: But no on the podium. Hell yeah, that's another Norwegian jeez.
Speaker 4: About uh well I saw the second chase. Elliott won the second, and see who won the.
Speaker 2: First one, My guy Joey Leaves. Yes, but that's yeah man.
Speaker 3: Then there was they do one of the few races that in the year where they actually have too many people who want to race and only so many spots, and some guy Anthony Alfredo worked his ass off some very limited equipment. Yeah, great, positive made the race. Had like an interview where he's crying and he's so I mean, it was a big deal. And then like an hour later they inspected his car and I guess there was a loose hose or something.
Speaker 7: And if Anthony Alfredo was on the Sopranos that series would have been cancer.
Speaker 2: What are we doing that? That could have been his nickname.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, I could have been Tony would have broken the fourth wall and just looked at the camera like but instead we got.
Speaker 2: Big P word.
Speaker 8: Yeah, greatest nickname of all time. Holly Walnuts the best character in the Home I love. I just loved that he does this all the time. Always, yeah, he always, always, always business always.
Speaker 2: His logic is great too.
Speaker 8: When he's explaining how the world works, You're like, this is It's.
Speaker 10: Like when your dad was doing it. Yeah, that shows so good. Yeah, that's a good show man one American. No, nobody even close. The top five Norwegian, some random French guys.
Speaker 8: French white, Yeah even do it? Look this one King Clo that's his name.
Speaker 2: If you name your king, did the Heisman Trophy? You they back to greatness? You can't.
Speaker 8: You can't name your child king and have that end up on unemployment.
Speaker 2: I think that's his name. I think I think it's his nickname.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure it's his nickname because it's j H. King. The King's a cool nickname if you're that dominant. But if it is his real name, and I don't think it is, but if it is, that.
Speaker 2: Would be badass. Maybe he's the actual King of Norway. Who is John Hunter Claibo. Maybe he won so much.
Speaker 7: Like Johannes Splotoga.
Speaker 2: Those lines through it.
Speaker 4: How about the guy from Sorry? I got a text last night and Surjeye said, I went to high school with that guy, that rich Ruin, the fifty four year old.
Speaker 2: Yeah broke the record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, she went to high school with them.
Speaker 2: He is from He was born in Brooklyn Park.
Speaker 3: I guess he lives in the white bear now where Lake I shout out, which I was like, oh that's nice. Yeah, well stolen valor, but we'll take it.
Speaker 4: Fifty four years old, graduating eighty nine, he was on the Olympic team. It's never too late. Well broke the record too late. And and I don't know if you guys watched that curling match at all, but it's u it's kind.
Speaker 7: Of weird or rare because we were getting smoked that's why he got in there. But afterwards it was kind of awesome because he got in as a sub. Afterwards they were explaining if he didn't get in a game, he would not have been officially an Olympian. Oh oh, so you got to get in. You just can't be the alternate on the on the team. You have to get in or you're not technically an Olympian. So the fact that we were getting smoked and the game was over and the US team was like, look, this might be our only chance to get him in a game, so let's get him in the game.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool, cool man, good, Yeah, that's we br thing.
Speaker 3: From now on, we should just get like the oldest, like put a baby in there as a sub next time.
Speaker 2: Have the youngest Olympian ever.
Speaker 8: Fill Yeah, well yeah, Clo will say thanks for choos to me, Yeah you choosed. Did you see the I reposted it on Twitter or on x The video from like the nineteen seventies curling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all smoking there, smoking blun.
Speaker 8: Guards, sweeping like Tim deer Camp getting the dirt out of the entryway.
Speaker 4: Just like yeah, yeah, like literally a cigarette hanging from his lass.
Speaker 2: He's ready business.
Speaker 5: And then we'dn't want a gold if he'd been smoking.
Speaker 2: Yeah this year.
Speaker 8: And then someone had in the comment someone pointed out that there is a documentary on the Canadian curling team from back then and one of the one of the guys in the documentary had said that they when they decided to get serious, they said no more than two beers the night before.
Speaker 3: That's so good.
Speaker 2: How did that end up?
Speaker 8: Because back in the seventies, obviously all the sports looked different than they do today because the training and whatnot.
Speaker 2: But you still had the hardcore.
Speaker 8: The cross country skiing and all where you have to be a top physical condition.
Speaker 9: The one guy in this video they it looks like the US scores a point, he celebrates falls down on his back, but doesn't drop his cigarette.
Speaker 2: He puts it back in his priorities back up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the side where the mutton shops are just illy.
Speaker 5: He respects the ice yea.
Speaker 2: Cigarette he doesn't want to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everybody that watches curling for the first time asked this question. But now that we've still kind of watched this for the last eight years, right since the eighteen Go Metal squad, and at least kind of known what's going on barely but kind of. I still watch those games and I cannot believe that one of them hasn't accidentally kicked stones or tripped over stones with sweeping like maniacs, And there's a whole bunch of stones down in the end or whatever it's called, and they somehow just tap dance around it. They know exactly where the stones are at all times. Not one of them is ever bumped it, I say.
Speaker 3: Ever, I'm sure curlers would say, yeah, that actually happens once in a while.
Speaker 7: But I've never seen it an Olympic play. Nuts, How do they miss it every time?
Speaker 3: How about this?
Speaker 2: Fascinating?
Speaker 4: The other day we were watching the team's speed skating and they were doing the thing in the circle the coming out how does nobody ever get their their faces cut by fallings? I'm sure that I do, like you said, but I've just never seen at the Olympics. That's the only time I ever watched that sport. It's super cool looking, But those are blades on the bottom of your feet, and you're I mean, obviously they're not wearing all the hockey equipment all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Crazy. The speed skating blades look aggress they do.
Speaker 5: They're fifteen feet a long.
Speaker 8: Yeah, katanas, you could lop someone's head off with Yeah, yeah, you can do.
Speaker 5: That'd be a hell of a story, isn't it. Jason would use one of those.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, oh yeah, you just here Friday the thirteenth the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's cutting people's head off.
Speaker 8: He'd win every event. I'd be the only one standing up in the stadium. Jesus, you're Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 7: Sound effects sound an awful lot like when Saustas play by play for alpine skiing. Woo whoa remember that's I means somebody fell yeh woa, god this looks pretty.
Speaker 2: I know. Definitely makes me want to go to Italy.
Speaker 8: We're going to uh most likely going to Switzerland for my wife's fortieth This wheat, I hope the I hope the plane has seat back entertainment. Yeah, finally made up preposter, I say ridiculous stuff all the time. Finally made the tournament. Anyway, raw dog in it. We realized. Only it's like a three and a half hour train ride to Milan, and we've got the train pass we're going to get. So I want to go now I've seen it. Seeing it in August would just be Yeah, it's sunny.
Speaker 5: I hear the place I'm going today.
Speaker 4: The city is called Valcourt or something like this by Montreal. Apparently it looks like that, Like it's like they made a Disney village come to life just outside of Montreal.
Speaker 5: I'm looking. I mean, i'll be there in a few hours. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You'll be posting pictures obviously, right.
Speaker 5: Look, have you been in Montreal?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I don't know anybody this except hockey players that have been in Montreal.
Speaker 3: Ryan Donalds is awesome. Yeah, they should tack to Donaldson. He didn't point you at the right place.
Speaker 5: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: He can.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I might have like a water finder myself, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think you'll know where you're going, right.
Speaker 7: First segment brought to you by our friends at Builders and Remodelers. Thanks, Builders and Remodelers, Remodelers. All right, so Marnie in a little bit perishing a little bit. Initials at eight point fifteen with one hundred and nine thousand, five hundred dollars is up for grabs potentially with the Sant Paul Federal Credit Union initials. Jack Pot will talk movies with mister z at like six twenty lots to get to between now and nine on the Power Tip Morning Show on the Fane.
Speaker 5: All right, welcome back to Ship Morning Show. Here we are.
Speaker 2: Chris is over there, high high, Hi.
Speaker 5: What's new? Any any big things coming up with you soon?
Speaker 8: So no, nope, just keeping it real busy with work. Wife is traveling a bunch the next couple weeks. So yeah, we got to talk about perhaps some different days that I'll be in.
Speaker 5: But or Cloak can come on in do the morning show.
Speaker 8: She would just be honest, she would love it. That precious little things. She's great, she is great.
Speaker 3: Really is.
Speaker 5: Your your wife's kick. But for me, by the way, awesome good she is.
Speaker 3: She's great.
Speaker 2: She's very, very good at what she does.
Speaker 5: Yes, she is.
Speaker 2: You look at you.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do with that football season though.
Speaker 2: I know sucks.
Speaker 8: It does suck, but we're turning towards golf, so doing starting to schedule some indoor golf and then, uh, I mean it'll be here before we know it.
Speaker 2: Ludicris right, is Luda coming to town?
Speaker 5: No, he's playing the NBA All Star Game this weekend.
Speaker 4: The headline. I didn't really, I thought. I hate to say this. I thought he had passed.
Speaker 2: Is he playing musically or is he in a celebrity game? I think he's the headline a little bit of both.
Speaker 4: He's the headline performer for the NBA All Star weekend.
Speaker 7: Is he really let me do this? For a second, I haven't, I swear I haven't looked. Let's go to let's find the rosters for the quote celebrity game, and let's see as a group the percentage of these people that we know.
Speaker 2: Good idea, How do.
Speaker 4: I find took fort when it said headline performer that he was actually performing?
Speaker 2: Maybe you're right, Maybe it's both both.
Speaker 5: The big name for the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a million hits, which you're watching.
Speaker 5: I just I thought that he was. I thought he passed.
Speaker 2: You'll watch the Celebrity game, right.
Speaker 5: I'm actually flying. I'm not going to Montreal.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're going to l A.
Speaker 5: Go in LA for the NBA l start.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm such a huge fan.
Speaker 3: Okay, here it is the Ruffles. Oh yeah, Ruffles NBA All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, that sounds awesome. You're a Ruffles guy. Sure.
Speaker 7: I just like chips in general, like flavor is just original.
Speaker 2: You're not like sour cream. And when I go.
Speaker 7: With Lays, I like sour kreman on, which is ridiculous because I don't like sour cream.
Speaker 3: And I don't like bring my bag in okay or barbecue your bag. I got my fresh Lays bag. Player rosters for the.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty six Ruffles NBA All Star Celebrity Game will include Keegan Michael Key.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, all right, I know that is love that guy. Yeah bad Shaw, no idea, no idea? Icho is it bad show?
Speaker 3: Yep? No Mustard? Oh my least favorite economy multi platinum producer, Mustard.
Speaker 8: They had to put that before it, knowing that our age group doesn't You don't know, do you know Mustard.
Speaker 2: No, if it's.
Speaker 4: Just like an animated character that comes out or like a what do you call him? Yeah, this mascot.
Speaker 2: Is a mask. Glorilla, Oh yeah, I remember that guy, like the band right by the way Gorilla is.
Speaker 7: Did you see that they're going to be on SNL with the Baby Goose Ryan Gosling. Yeah, Jeremy Lynn, all right, I know who that is? Lynn Sanity? Something called Taylor Frankie Paul.
Speaker 5: Nope, it's not another one but the Paul Brothers, is it?
Speaker 7: This says, oh, ABC's the Bachelorette. There's the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives?
Speaker 2: Which one? What's the name Taylor Frankie Paul? Yeah, I don't know. That is my wife, Nicholas van's Burgie. What the hell? The kind of name is that?
Speaker 7: That's a Love Island us A standout van Steinbergie.
Speaker 5: It's who are celebrities?
Speaker 3: Are they?
Speaker 2: Reality show?
Speaker 3: Who's the Mormon Lady?
Speaker 2: Taylor Frankie Paul?
Speaker 8: My wife watches that show? So the the Mormon Wives, they're all quite fetching.
Speaker 7: Here's a handful we know sham Sharaniae, NBA Insider, Aman Ross Saint Brown know him, Yeah, I know his work.
Speaker 2: Keenan Allen. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Cofu No who Brazilian soccer legend and two time FIFA World Cup champion Coffu.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that's a big deal in the world.
Speaker 7: Cody Jones Okay, creator and co founder of Dude Perfect.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, he'll be there. I recordized the face o. Jenna Bandy Who you know?
Speaker 7: Social media creator and basketball personality Jenna Bandy Good.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Adrian Nunez that name?
Speaker 5: How do I know that name?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Singer, songwriter and viral hit maker. Know who that is?
Speaker 5: I'm such a TikTok guy.
Speaker 2: Taco Fall.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well that's what you had like in your junior year.
Speaker 2: I love talk. Matt Ishbia.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's available as.
Speaker 7: That is Phoenix Ow's chairman and governor, matt Ishbia. And who doesn't want to see Charlotte Hornet Charlotte Hornets co chairman and governor Rick Schnall.
Speaker 2: Who really, if.
Speaker 3: You're going to get somebody from the Charlotte Hornets, go with the big guy, the mascotard. Then Grandmama Rome Flynn.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you that we could have put together a better with the Campan staff for Surelet.
Speaker 7: Honestly, if the NBA had just slipped in tackle Terry Tuman, no one would have noticed. Nobody couldn't get him iconic outdoorsman tackle Terry Tuma. I'd be like, Oh, he's an icon warrior, holes for herpes or whatever on Twitter, sim Lou, is that how you say it? The guy from uh the Marvel movies he was in the shang Chi movies or uh Andre de Grasse.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 7: The he's a sprinter, I guess scientists Dylan Wang, Chinese actor and singer, and then Jason White Chocolate Williams White Chok. The coaches are Giannis and his brothers, and then Mookie Betts uh and world renowned NBA shooting coach lethal shooter.
Speaker 2: That had to have been one of the Wow, somebody, I do cheel, I mean.
Speaker 3: One of the n one guys.
Speaker 4: I feel like I should be sitting by the fire in my wheelchair waiting for my grandkids to come over with their kids right now.
Speaker 5: That's how old I feel.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I should be sitting by the fire in my wheelchair and Chloe will come up and say that I choose this. Yeah, and here Dad do you want me to push you into the fire, I'll wheel you in. You chose, you choose this.
Speaker 5: That's it's terrible what I just moved on without me.
Speaker 8: Obviously, football is my favorite sport. The Pro Bowl festivities they make somewhat fun, but I'm not going out of my way to watch it. But it's mostly a miss. This is a complete miss. Does this excite anybody?
Speaker 2: No? Not a And tonight.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't basketball be the best of the All Star games? Because there's like, well, no, maybe baseball, but it's like the least likely you'll get injured, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in Los Angeles, is it not? Yes?
Speaker 5: And they're just playing basketball and people love playing basketball.
Speaker 3: He should be a list. This should be monster playing basketball for sure. Dusty Mont, Dusty Mont, Terris.
Speaker 5: Adam Sandler, everybody would here do these.
Speaker 4: Basketball now that I would watch?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it shouldn't be reality stars, it should be actual A listers.
Speaker 8: What they're trying to do is clearly get because of some of these names. I would not be surprised if my wife watches some of this celebrity game. I will not, but that must be what they're trying to do. I don't know what makes no sense.
Speaker 7: I'm going to watch for Charlotte's chairman and co owner Rick Schnall.
Speaker 5: Worldwide shooting coaches name again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's one of the coaches. He's world renowned NBA shooting coach, lethal shooter.
Speaker 5: Is that his real name?
Speaker 2: What his real name is?
Speaker 3: It was Lee Harvey Allis Walts. His real name is? Where is it? I just had Chris Matthews.
Speaker 2: Oh hard, He's a shooting coach. He's got from from baseball to basketball. I would never have known.
Speaker 5: Well, there you go, that happens.
Speaker 2: That happened, Go see it to night.
Speaker 7: And then four guys you've probably never heard of try to dunk tomorrow night. And none of them are Mac McClung, which has never heard of him, b s Lethal mcslammer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Tomorrow's you've googled that legal Nick Slammer.
Speaker 2: That's nickname.
Speaker 7: Nice appearance by Tim during the NASCAR got that the the video bombed our stream on KFA dot com slash watch.
Speaker 2: There he was.
Speaker 8: He was in the office with me yesterday, so he said over and say hi, and then he hung out with Paul at his appearance.
Speaker 2: Two or one Tavern and Anoka great spot.
Speaker 5: Headed that way and I got there too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Tim's a man of the people. He likes to get out in world, you know he does. It's always good to see him.
Speaker 5: Does he live out that way?
Speaker 2: Is that why he was out there? No? No, we uh we work up there.
Speaker 5: I of course die.
Speaker 7: Is he Are there any slaw Michiones to dry hump up there?
Speaker 8: No, that's the thing we talked about it. Yeah, he's going to Wisconsin this weekend, so he'll he'll find one.
Speaker 7: Yea yeah, hell yeah, good for them, all right. Front Page Sports is next. Lots to talk about a lot of Olympic news. This is the Power Trim Morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 5: Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Yet he just said it can be real warmed and I was just reading next week looks very interesting. There could be a system that brings a snowstorm in the middle of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if it was any colder, it probably could have been like hadistraphic.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Woward, a lot of it might be just rain. Yeah, good snow, let's get some snow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, yeah, a little bit, come on a little bit. Yeah, what do you want?
Speaker 4: And I'm sure the answer is very easy but what do you think the agent is in Nike Will that knocks you on your a word to the point that you can barely say your name. It does feel like that, doesn't It took a half a dose and I felt like I was on another planet.
Speaker 2: It's the best drug.
Speaker 7: It is the best drug, is the best advertising.
Speaker 4: Can they focus it in and you know, maybe take it down just a notch and use it as a sleep aid so that you can actually wake up the next day and be a part of the world.
Speaker 2: I feel like I did Nike Will last night.
Speaker 8: I felt like I was at the tail end of this little cold and I was extra congested last night. I wanted to make sure I was good for I'm a seven hour max guy. That's it. Seven hours of sleep and I'm good. I went to bad at seven pm last night, and so so whatever's in that. Honest to god, I was in a coma like I thought I was gonna wake up at Walter Reed.
Speaker 5: Ye, I'll tell you, I know it happened again.
Speaker 2: That's not the hell of a groundhog's day.
Speaker 4: They need to just take it down a couple of notches, make a little bit of mic like you say, a microdose Nike Will and I think that'd be about perfect.
Speaker 5: A full dose put me out for a week.
Speaker 3: You need a diet Nike Quill Night, Quill Light. I feel I feel too relaxed.
Speaker 2: I almost don't. Shouldn't have came in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, baby, for sure, speaking of diet neg Will. Yesterday, Zach on social media, cross cafe and platforms, there was a video of you trying to do the diet coke challenge. Yeah, uh a. What was about eight options right? A blind taste test. There was an RBS in there, and the Burger King, McDonald's, a diet coke can, a diet coke bottle. There's a diet pepsi in there that you immediately almost threw up.
Speaker 2: Horrible.
Speaker 7: There was one from I think the coke Freestyle over here at the theater or something either way, So it was it was how many could you get right without being able to see the diet coke? You weren't shockingly good? Like knowing the difference between Burger King and Arby's is insane, insane. I gotta think you're kicking yourself or missing McDonald's though, right like that seems almost impossible that you missed the mcinn.
Speaker 3: After like seeing it and like having it. It was a it was a bad, rare, badatch. It was a very flat that's the worst gross. I'm not too kicking myself too hard because even if I mean, that would have been one where I would have been like, oh this sucks and maybe.
Speaker 2: Not even drank it. So you were damn good though.
Speaker 7: That was kind of insane how you were like at first with the Burger King Arby's bit, when you drank the Burger King like, oh, that's RB's. Then you drank the Arby's one. Next you're like, oh, wait a minute, this might be Urb's. That means the other that might be Burger Like you solved the puzzle. That's awesome, impressive and depressing, all in the same sentence.
Speaker 3: Right, and shops Burger King for acknowledging their mistake because they went freestyle nationwide and have now gone back to.
Speaker 2: Their old ways, and that.
Speaker 7: Was there were multiple congressional hearings to make sure they went bad.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 8: If you haven't seen this, go on Instagram and check it out. It was I was proud of you. And obviously we know your diet coke guy, but it is it's the same product. So that's extra difficult to notice the difference, and not just notice the difference, but know where it's from.
Speaker 2: That's insane. It's worth watching.
Speaker 7: Just when he hits the diet PEPSI, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: That's terrible. Immediately knows it sucks. I literally almost threw it up. I saw it was not good. Yeah, and there's some button bar stuff that people have been.
Speaker 7: Yep, the gigging thing at the anim save that. Also, your video reminded me how much I hate as MR because your microphone of like every sip and gulp, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh man, yeah, really it makes it tough. I hate that stuff.
Speaker 3: I realized going through it that I needed to really get a good like sure, feel it tasted, get it down. I initially first started to like, sip on. I'm like, this is not enough information I need to I'm pretty much dead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your face.
Speaker 3: Get it deep in there, swallow it, yes, all right, swish it around a little bit in there on the phone. It well done by Cara who put that whole thing together.
Speaker 7: And yeah, she's the best. I don't know why she never asked me to be involved in her videos. She asked everybody else.
Speaker 2: Probably okay that happens.
Speaker 7: All right, let's do a front page sports time now for front page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stares all day station stores. Well, what an organic transition. You can get three for six fifty when it comes to twenty ounce coke products, whether it's.
Speaker 2: A Coca Cola diet coke.
Speaker 7: Mix and Mattheney flavors of Coca Cola products, you want, sprite or whatnot. Get whatever you want three for six fifty for a limited time with our friends at holiday.
Speaker 2: Thanks Holiday.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, shout out to our our gal Leslie. A couple of days ago we were like, we're hungry, somebody should stop and get donuts to holiday.
Speaker 2: And then she brought donuts. Yeahs, that was super cool.
Speaker 7: All right, let's start with US men's hockey five to one over Latvia. The us Men had two goals wiped away by replay review in the first period, one with an off sides one with a goalie interference.
Speaker 2: That sounds like the goalie one was a little questionable, but I thought it was fairly questionable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in international hockey, it's different. Like if you are anywhere in that blue pain you make any contact they are I don't like it.
Speaker 2: It's lame. Yeah, late brock Nelson scored twice. Four players had two assists a piece. The US player is Denmark Saturday at two ten.
Speaker 11: Four.
Speaker 4: Oh, it should be a great name for a band, yeah, especially a band that only did the opening set or the fluffers. Oh yeah, yeah, they should be before the four players.
Speaker 2: Or the band has five guys playing in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh who's this fifth? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, he's just the guy that dances like.
Speaker 2: In the Mighty Mighty Boston.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then the headliner's got to be train right. Oh, dear god, I'm gonna leave after the opener.
Speaker 8: Then I love the four players, but the record is the record label for this group. The work conferences talk stand for training.
Speaker 7: US women's hockey takes on Italy at two ten. That is a quarter final. Italy's two and two, the US women four and oh with our friend Taylor Heisei and twenty to one.
Speaker 2: So far total goal.
Speaker 7: Scorers between the four games combined, twenty for the US, one for the other four teams. So good luck, Italy. You're gonna get smoked.
Speaker 2: What time is it live?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Sweet too? Right after passwords?
Speaker 2: Yes? Ye oh? Who's playing today?
Speaker 3: No, I was asked, but I have to babysit everybody. Oh no, you just everybody in town was asked. I don't think they've even I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. Wow, I don't talk to Tenna. Oh it's too late now. Now I have plans. What do you have plans?
Speaker 12: He is, no, he has no plans. That supposed to mean why can't I have friday? It's a friday. Why can't I have a planner? Wouldn't matter? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: I'm busy.
Speaker 5: Well, you're in the book.
Speaker 7: Maybe somebody parking in the hallway you wish there?
Speaker 2: He got unleashed once he left here? What the heck happened?
Speaker 9: Green shot all the pictures staring at Parish's cross.
Speaker 5: And he put his mouth right by the screen. That'll do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, something happened between the time he left to Yes said in the time he got to that Lifetime Fitness parking lot, I think his coffee kicked in.
Speaker 5: Maybe are some of the residue off the dash of his car?
Speaker 2: He got to hit him?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was Jones and so Nick Castellanos? Is that how he say his last name sounds about right? The Phillies released him. I've seen his name in print a thousand times, but I don't watch enough baseball to know how to say it.
Speaker 2: I think that's say I say it or class.
Speaker 7: So they were unable to trade him, so they just released him. He was in the final year of a five year, one hundred million dollar contract, so they still owe him twenty million dollars. Do you guys follow this story yesterday? No, you're gonna like this one increase. So last year he gets benched for what the team at the time said quote was an inappropriate comment. Well, Thursday, he posted a handwritten note on social media basically saying, Hey, I want to get this story out in front of like, here's my said the story.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened. Before you hear from somebody else, just hear it from me.
Speaker 7: He admitted he was benched last season, not for an inappropriate comment, but for bringing beer into the dugout during a game.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 7: Here's what's funny, though, He said teammates took the beer away before he drank, and he like, what are you doing, buddy?
Speaker 2: But the team was.
Speaker 7: So pissed like that he had meat sauce, like you know, he got bench during the game, He's like, whatever, then I'm just bringing beer into the dugout.
Speaker 2: So he turned thirty four in March.
Speaker 7: He can basically sign with anybody now for dirt sheep, because he's still getting twenty million from the Phillies. But didn't even get to drink the beer and he gown devastating.
Speaker 2: So the game has changed too much. So here's what I have to ask you guys.
Speaker 7: As guys, none of us are giant baseball fans here.
Speaker 3: Right, No, you know it was.
Speaker 7: I would say, let's throw some beer in the dugout and see what happens. Let's spice it up a little bit, like maybe he's just ahead of the curve.
Speaker 5: Bring one of the biggest sponsors of baseball into the.
Speaker 2: Right right, correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah, did he have to pay fifteen bucks for him?
Speaker 7: But what about uh, what about a couple of guys having four, five, six and they're round in second base and just a trip over themselves, like it.
Speaker 2: Might be kind of funny. Yeah, don't need to get greased.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's your buddy, Especially like let's say you're a guy that gets, you know, pinch hit for in the seventh you got nothing to do the last three innings, throw a couple back. You're already doing seeds and chew andrink to have a couple of beers, have some fun.
Speaker 2: You don't have to wait to the locker room.
Speaker 8: The sport that takes the sport that takes itself way too serious, would would help sort of reverse that my theory.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think that was a huge thing.
Speaker 9: And one of the Red Sox teams that won the World Series that whatever, came back down three or whatever to the Yankees. They were a big drinking team, and I think a few of the guys maybe I think, left after drinking and gotten a little into some trouble, so they put the kaibosh on.
Speaker 8: Yeah it be an adult, but don't get in. Don't how about this get hammered you drive home.
Speaker 9: But this team called the Portland Pickles tweeted at Nick and said, hey, we have an open roster spot for you, unlimited pickles, and you can drink on the field because that's what they do.
Speaker 3: For their bid. That's brilliant, that's great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, are there any rumors with the Twins connected to this dude or not?
Speaker 2: Now that they could probably pay him very little?
Speaker 8: Honestly, don't know, I know, will give you mentally boycotted the Twins. It's they're not They're honestly not even worth talking about or thinking about.
Speaker 5: Johnny Bean's poem didn't get you.
Speaker 2: All riled up, that's not wrong. No, but think about this.
Speaker 7: This is this, This Yahoo story flat out says he is now a free agent and it's unlikely teams would need to pay any more than the league minimum seven hundred and eighty thousand dollars. You can get a quote twenty million a year player for seven eighty that's the Twins playbook.
Speaker 2: That yeah, right right, a real how how do we not get this guy on the team? What is he play? Outfielder?
Speaker 3: Do we need it?
Speaker 7: Do we need an outfielder? I mean we have bused in Yeah, I mean what does he play? He dropped last center right, I thinks, no idea. I think he s to the bar right field? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Seventeen home runs last year. Seventeen home runs, two fifty batting averages the league minimum.
Speaker 9: Take him up, yeah, pick him one? Yeah, a couple of zemas he's here.
Speaker 4: Tickets to the Budweiser Decky's good.
Speaker 7: Oh you're out of here now all right there, he goes. All right, so Chris is running off to the airport. Marnie should be here shortly, Parish should be here shortly.
Speaker 2: Save travels, Chris, Love.
Speaker 5: You, buddy, love you too.
Speaker 2: Messy like mister c is.
Speaker 7: Next, this is the Power to Good Morning Joe on the fan. All right, welcome back to the Power to Good Morning Joe. Friday, feb thirteenth. It is Friday the thirteenth. That's why Cris was in a great mood. You can't wait to watch.
Speaker 2: Jason.
Speaker 9: Did you guys ever play the Friday the thirteenth Nintendo game?
Speaker 3: Awful?
Speaker 2: I don't think you played the other one though, right? Yeah?
Speaker 8: It was fun as hell, right, super fun. I just wasn't any good at it, but yeah you will. They'll randomly pick one person is Jason, and then the rest are the camp counselors.
Speaker 2: And the one time I felt.
Speaker 8: Like I was starting to get decent at the game, I was selected as Jason. I was like, I'm gonna just sot. They absolutely whooped the hell out of me. It was they just ganged up, no problem, It.
Speaker 2: Was no fun, no fun. You wanted to be Jason?
Speaker 11: I did, fish, guys, Good morning are we doing?
Speaker 2: Is that that side in my house? Is that the Death by Daylight or whatever? That is? Video game?
Speaker 3: The game?
Speaker 2: No, it was, it was the name of it. It was Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, my son's got like a Dead by Daylight or Death by Daylight And you can be all kinds of get different characters. You go a space from Oh Serry movie Jason, I know, a whole bunch of other different guys creepy and ny kill sound fun.
Speaker 8: This was love it so out of a sort of a crowd funding bit. They did a good job. The graphics were great, and I think ultimately at the end you needed to fill up the gas tank of the vehicle and escape the camp because of course the vehicles aren't empty.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he appreciating anybody else saw that, Like, whistle, here we go.
Speaker 3: What was that, zach phone? That's the Oh that's the phone line before I even pull them up. That's crazy. Well I doubt the listeners can hear it. But no, we're good, mister Z. What's up, mister Z?
Speaker 2: Big guys not much up and at them.
Speaker 7: Let's talk. Let's talk some films here, Let's talk some films.
Speaker 3: Weathering Heights is supposed to be a huge deal, right, Uh, Margot, Robbie, Jacob Elordi, the kids love Jacob Elordi.
Speaker 2: Uh, mixed reviews. But what's the vibe on Weathering Heights.
Speaker 13: Well, the Weathering Heights the pushing kind of as a Valentine's Day movie, you know, the greatest love story ever told. Which here's here's the thing about Weathering Heights. It's a movie that I maybe wouldn't go to just personally, just on my own, because it's you know, I prefer the you know, sillier movies. But I'm really glad I saw it. It was really interesting. It's really beautifully shot, but it's weird as a love story. I didn't I guess I didn't know Wathering Heights was a story about It isn't just your standard you know, two people fall in love and you have a happy ending. It's more of two people fall in love and then one of them feels rejected and gets really angry and uh and becomes it becomes a lot of this love splash mean thing for each other. But with that all being said, I thought, I'm glad I saw it and it sticks with me. I think there's a lot of movies that you see and then a month later you don't can't remember a thing about it because it just was not necessarily bad, but disforgettable or boring, and this is not either of those. So so yeah, it's gonna do pretty well. Let's rate it R with Margot Robbie and Jacob Elordi.
Speaker 7: A movie whose title is terrible, but the movie looks really good and it's right in my wheelhouse climb one on one. Yeah, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo plays another detective, just like he did in Zodiac, just.
Speaker 2: Like he did in Task Who Cares.
Speaker 7: He's great at that role, right, being the detective guy Barry Kyogan.
Speaker 2: But it's like a string of jewel heists.
Speaker 13: Right, Yeah, yeah, Helle Barry we haven't seen for a while. Timeless beautiful as ever.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it is.
Speaker 13: It's a it's a heist movie with yes where Hemsworth up kind of deciding to team up with halle Berry's character and yeah, and Ruffalo as the as the cop, and it's it doesn't it's not going to stand out as one of the great movies of all time, but it's absolutely perfectly passable as a fun movie to go see in that and it's and it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's it's good us your hands utter.
Speaker 9: See what's our first like big blockbuster of this.
Speaker 13: Year, Well, we have coming up. Well, the big big one in about a month and a half is Super Mario Galaxy is going to be a monster film. But before that we have I'm trying to remember Michael. I'm trying to remember the street in and Michael.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I don't know if you guys have seen that. We talked about that once before the trailer for the Michael movie. Everyone thinks it's going to be a huge movie. You haven't seen the trailer.
Speaker 2: Watch it.
Speaker 13: And then Hoppers is going to be a big kids movie in March. But Super Mario Galaxy will be the next, you know, quarter billion dollar.
Speaker 7: Movie, a movie I had never heard of until this morning. Good Luck, Have Fun, Don't Die. And the only reason I'm bringing it up is I love Sam Rockwell. Apparently he's the star of a Gore for Binsky movie calls that good Luck, have Fun, don't die. Rockwell's the best man. What the hell is this movie? What is it about?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm glad you, glad you brought it up because I do get to see that movie. There's certain movies that I don't have time to and depending on how wide of a release it is, and so some of the smaller pictures don't come into my wheelhouse. So I'm obviously very familiar with it, and it's going to be limited. It appeals to, I don't want to say, an art house crowd, but it's a little more of a different, weird movie, and so it's not playing in as many theaters as as a Goat and Weathering Heights and then Crime one to one a little less big, and then the gorp of a Minsky film is playing a little smaller. So I can't I can't give you a recommendation one way or another, but I know it is from people who have seen it. I know it is weird and unusual.
Speaker 7: And son so and Goat is supposed to do well, the animated movie about basketball, a goat playing basketball.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Goat is a it's gonna do well because kids movies, they stopped making good kids movies or even bad kids movies for that matter, And so anytime anyone look at what happens Zutopia Too, which is a perfectly fine kids movie, or animated movie, and it became the highest grossing anime movie all time. Because studios aren't super bright sometimes and so if you for the last eight weeks, if you want to take your kids to movie, you've had to go to Zutopia too, and so go more limited because it's it's it's more like space It's it's it feels a lot like Space Jam with a kind of a cool animation. But you know, a bunch of animals playing against each other in roar Ball, and yeah, it's fun. But if you don't like sports movies, if you have kids who hate sports movies, well then you're sort of out of luck.
Speaker 7: On that that movie we talked about a week or two ago, Send Help Stell ninety four on Rotten Tomatoes. That Rachel McAdams you where she gets stuck on an island with that great.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Sam Raimi loved that film and uh, and then we also talked about Iron Long at the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've been watching that all.
Speaker 13: Remember we kind of was saying, what, this is a big deal, and uh, if you noticed it, it did a ton of money and uh, and the fact that no Hollywood connection at all, just the guy who wrote, produced, directed, and distributed his own movie to that number is crazy. I'm really happy about that.
Speaker 7: Anything else we need to keep an eye on in the next week or two or is that about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Pretty pretty quiet. We have Scream six or seventh in the month, and that's I like, I love horror movies and so I can't wait. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it, and then Hoppers after that, and I can't wait to tackle Hoppers.
Speaker 2: So right, yeah, thanks mister Z. Appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Man, guys, have you guys seen the trailer for Psycho Killer?
Speaker 2: So you're gonna want to look that up. It's uh, how do you spell psycho? How do you think you spell it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Good starch? Why? No, it's the I think it's the What did I say? It's like the writer of seven.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's not the director because that would be Fincher, right, So it's got to be the writer.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: It looks like a crazy serial killer kind of a film's Oh yeah, Andrew Kevin Walker is the screenwriter, and I believe he was attached to seven back in the day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, looks terrifying. Yeah, no, thank you. What do you mean? No, thank you? That's your kind of movie. It's not real. No, I know, but you would watch the documentary I would. Yeah, those are real.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, fake stuff freaks me out. Real stuff is whatever.
Speaker 8: What about boobs? I love boobs, Fake boobs are real boots both. I don't discriminate.
Speaker 3: I just like boobs.
Speaker 2: A couple of hot takes over there. Thank you. We'll do what really matters after this.
Speaker 7: Mark Parrish is here, Marnie in like thirty plus minutes initials at eight fifteen.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trim Morning Shoe on the Fan Fan Cafan.
Speaker 3: Welcome some great shows to Grand Casino Arena this year, including Dave Chappelle on February twenty sixth and Lionel Richie on.
Speaker 2: June twenty fourth. Tickets are on sale now.
Speaker 3: Get the complete details on our upcoming shows on the concert page at kfan dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 7: All right, welcome back to the Power Chip. Want to tell Mark Parrish is here, John Kriesel is here. We're gonna do what really matters. Brought to you by my friends at Ovo, Lasik and Lens. Get your vision checked and get Lasik find out your options at ovoi dot com.
Speaker 2: Thanks Ovo, Lacy can lens. Those guys are the best. Big fans, big fans. Right over here, you'd be a full building. Yeah, you could walk. I could even hear there. All right, let's go around the old world of sports, shall we? Yeah? Yeah, let's see here. That's interesting and that's interesting. That's interesting. What I lead with? Who cares? Let's just start then Minnesota and Jesse Diggins.
Speaker 7: We watched this yesterday, one bronze in the women's ten k cross country, battling a rib injury, thirty four years old. I think she I think she's claiming she's done after this. I think somebody double checked that. If that's the correct answer for career Olympic goal or sorry, medals, I should say not golds for Jesse Diggins. She got a gold of silver and now a couple of bronze. Lives in Massachusetts, trains in Vermont according to a Wikipedia, but grew up in Afton, graduated from Stillwater in twenty ten.
Speaker 3: So she's one of us. Shout out to one of the greats. Jesse Diggins got a bronze. What really matters, though, is this. Here are some.
Speaker 9: Video game facts for were you a game boy survived a bombing during the Gulf War.
Speaker 2: It climbed into a refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: It's currently on display at the Nintendo World Store in New York.
Speaker 7: So say that again, during the Gulf War it survived a bomb.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, yeah, it survived bombing during the Gulf War and it still functions to the stage. That's crazy, that's incredible, although it's not shocking.
Speaker 2: Those things were heavy, powerful, just oh they were just a game changing.
Speaker 8: Should aligned my humvy with those things?
Speaker 7: What percentage of your game boy minutes were spent on Tetris?
Speaker 2: Probably seventy five was fun.
Speaker 7: Mario was fun, but I bet mine was at least fifty is percent was Tetris.
Speaker 8: There was a Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior game that I played a lot, and that obviously it's a dragged out type game, but I played Tetris a ton, but I'd say twenty five percent.
Speaker 7: The Gopher women, all they do is win. They win their seventh consecutive game. They win eighty four sixty seven over Nebraska.
Speaker 2: That game was here.
Speaker 7: They are now ten and four in the Big Ten, nineteen and six overall. We mentioned it a day or two ago, but in both the AP and coaches poll they were ranked twenty sixth. Right, they were the highest in the others receiving votes category.
Speaker 2: You know, a couple of.
Speaker 7: People were a little surprised they didn't sneak into the top twenty five rankings. But man, all they do is continue to win. So this is going to be an NCAA tournament team.
Speaker 2: This is good. Hell I got one.
Speaker 7: Let's do something here. Yeah, pretty cool, So shout out to the GOP women.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 9: What is as of twenty twenty four, what is the most selling video game of all time? With over three hundred million copies? We sports? No not according to.
Speaker 3: The Strand Theft Auto five Nope, were a million.
Speaker 8: It's got to be just a single, whatnot a series? Because I would say, Mario Kart, is.
Speaker 2: It a Pokemon related game?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: If you give us the system does a tip it off? I don't know the system. It's four.
Speaker 8: I think it's like that PC. I mean, I think it's for everything the album. I've never played it. Same City, you bring it up a lot, Same City.
Speaker 2: I bring it up a lot. Skyrim, No, I bring it up a lot. Roadblocks.
Speaker 3: No Minecraft mine Craft with over three hundred million cops twenty twenty four.
Speaker 9: Now I haven't fact checked this, but that's what this says on this thing I google lit.
Speaker 2: I have bought it twice there, I've never played it.
Speaker 3: Kids play it all the time and have forever. Yeah, my kid I went through a Minecraft phase. Now she's on roadblocks. Can you say the movie was not good? No, your kid will not even like it. She thought it was okay at best. I thought it was a gigantic waste of time.
Speaker 7: And I like a lot of people in that movie, like Jack Black's the goat, right.
Speaker 2: He's awesome. I love that guy. But that was a pretty boring movie, flashy and colorful and things that kids like. But yeah, no, Cloe.
Speaker 7: Might like it because she's six, you know, like Harper's a preteen here, she's twelve, Like, so what was that about a year ago? Like that's she's starting to get to the point where like, what's what, what's even going on here? So you know, she's starting to get the critical eye wonder where she gets after that happened. So yeah, I think she was like that was kind of boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids loved it. The movie.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they loved it, and it was like, I, you know, going in there, the kids were going crazy before things happened, and Chicken Jackey and Jackey, Yeah, they just went I had no idea what any that was even remotely close about, and I would just started laughing with how loud the.
Speaker 7: Movie theater just erupt it. Yeah, there was definitely a minor eruption. I think we saw a couple of weeks after it came out, So the Chicken Jackey Fervor had like died down a little bit. It wasn't that bad, but there were still some cheers and some collaps.
Speaker 2: Chicken Josie.
Speaker 7: Snowboarder Chloe Kim won silver in the halfpipe, ending her bit to become the first Olympic snowboarder to win three straight golds. Still pretty cool to win a couple of goals in the silver. Yeah, she lost to a seventeen year old gal from South Korea, but in the crowd Sean White, Snoop and her boyfriend Miles Garrett.
Speaker 3: Who is arguably one of the greatest defensive players to ever play football.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Just a physical specimen.
Speaker 11: Can you argue that now since he's got a record. I mean, that's he's just one of the best all the time, isn't he.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, yeah, he is one of the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. I don't know if he's the best. But it's tough.
Speaker 8: Because the players now are they're better trained, better equipped, all of those things. Imagine him, you put him a few years back against offensive lines that are not what they are today, he would just he'd have fifty sacks, Yeah, he would. It would be tough to walk around with fifty sacks.
Speaker 7: That would you just you might have just made next year's for Posteros Statement Tournament fifty Welcome aboard, just like raw dogging it without in Seda Entertainments, love it on your way with what quotes you have in round one?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I don't against sauce. What do you you have? Two in right? The I think too Deeply.
Speaker 3: Which I think has a good shot to win, and the Dion Sanders is one of the most polarizing people in the history of Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what polarizing means, obviously.
Speaker 11: I just I love the fact they're finally listening to my brother because he's going to make this year after after your year.
Speaker 9: Now, but you said it after the bitcore. How did Rosie not make it?
Speaker 7: That's why I thought the whole tournament should just be thrown out. If we go an entire year and there are sixty eight quotes that are preposterous and none of them are mark, then it should count.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't count. Yeah, Geno made the tournament.
Speaker 7: He said that the goal post was six to seven hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Yep, And we did a quick.
Speaker 7: Google start it's closer to like seventy five to one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 3: Hockey goal post.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, fair like No, not NFL goal posts.
Speaker 9: I think hockey thought it. I think common thought it was. Yes, like football goal posts like super light. No they were, they were that heavy. You didn't know that he was talking about hockey. Yeah, oh there they cracked him. Yeah, JJ reddick. But I don't know what the quote is. I can't find it. It just says the.
Speaker 2: Names le Bron not or the Lucas. Lucas fall over on his own. That might win, that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I grew up at White Bear like, so I'm used to first round exits.
Speaker 2: Oh, brilliant Minnesota sportsman Yeah.
Speaker 7: Johnny, thank you, thank you well, Parish. I assume you're cheering for your brother to win the whole thing. Absolutely, I'm cheering for Zach. Absolutely, Zax is my favorite.
Speaker 2: What was that? Zax said?
Speaker 7: It takeshim two to three weeks to recover from daylight savings. See great lie like the Dennis Shrewder quote about modern day slavery in the NBA trade that, like, that's not fun. Of course it's the most preposterous, but it's not fun. That's a tough one, right, Who wants Who wants that to win?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I get Zacho to win, and we can make a big deal about it twice a year, which it's coming up. It is coming up. We got to make a big deal about it, Okay, Zacho? Uh Paris. The US men's hockey squad looked like they were going to score ninety goals, but a couple of the goals got wiped away after replay reviews in the first period, but they go on to beat five to one.
Speaker 2: Brock Nelson scored twice.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the old man, oldest man on the team, Minnesota Boy, War road Boy, brock Nelson bearing and he's done this his whole career is he's just a natural goal scorer. You put him with passers and he's going to find the back of the net. And man, the US looked awesome. Yeah, they got two disloved goals. Mean, gold differential does matter, but as long as you win your games, you won't have to.
Speaker 2: Worry about the gold differential.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was good to see coming out the first game can be tough. You know, you're going overseas, your legs might not be you're probably not quite under your underneath.
Speaker 2: You yet used to the time change all that I feel so.
Speaker 11: So, you know, the boys look great and obviously got to give a big shout out to the girls for just jumping to the favorite in the women's hockey. They're like love for them. They got them going. And man, they just routed Canada. And this US hockey player always loves that.
Speaker 7: One of one of the goals that got wiped away for team, he was saying, it was Quinnesota, our guy Quinn Hughes one taking off.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you know, and I you know, and I heard drabbing in and I've heard from other people are questionable goalie interference call. Yeah, that's they all are working those When there's a goalie interference call and I'm working the game, I'm miserable.
Speaker 2: I what, you just don't know.
Speaker 11: It can be so obvious to certain hockey minds that it's not and then somehow you you know, like, well there's goalie interference out and you just kind of got to throw your hands up.
Speaker 3: So that's that's how I feel.
Speaker 11: Every time I'm working a game and they go to the they go to review, I'm just like, oh, I just don't want to announce it.
Speaker 2: And it ended up not mattering, so that's good.
Speaker 8: But in the Zach brought it up earlier in the international game, that goalie interference one, that is you would say, trying to be objective, not as a goal scorer that you were No, no, no, was that more of a goalie interference than not?
Speaker 2: Or did you think it was ridiculous? I mean, I always think it's ridiculous to be honest with.
Speaker 11: That, especially especially with me when I'm was playing like there was room for that. There was some bumping, you know, if you if you were on the same if you were skating on a line and the goalie tends like there was just a lot more gray area. Uh and and and obviously I didn't get too many penalties because that was part of my job, was kind of the goalie to get them, get them off his game a little bit. But yeah, like they they irritate me, honestly. There's there's too many tiki taki in a game that has been trying to score more goals and get more exciting and then to kind of take steps to take away some of the old school grinding goals are going hard to the net, and you're going hard to the net and defenseman's pushing you from behind, You're probably going to catch that goalie if you try to go far post.
Speaker 2: It's it's just going to happen.
Speaker 3: When you guys go over there and you you play under the i HF rules.
Speaker 2: Do they have like an explainer?
Speaker 3: Is there some official thing that kind of breaks it all down, how they're going to call penalties, how they're going to call stuff like that, or you just expected.
Speaker 2: To know that on your own. You got to be you just know what.
Speaker 11: You got to be more careful in the i h For the most part, everything they call is uh, yeah, there was safe I guess maybe is what they prefer to call it with their calls, you know, the headshots, all the checking, all that. They kind of brought that stuff in first. But then it's funny because you turn around and you watch certain games and like you'll see the one handed slash in the NHL, like on top of somebody's hands, and that's an automatic penalty.
Speaker 3: And yet the IHF just looks the.
Speaker 2: Other way on that one.
Speaker 11: So it's it's just you just got to know that that they're going to call it different than the NHL, and you're not going to be able to get away with as much as you do in the NHL.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is this, Uh, this is a two part one. Okay.
Speaker 9: World of Warcraft has its own language course. If you want to speak orch the game offers you a language course is total RC.
Speaker 3: No, it's O R C I s h Orkish, Orkish, Orkish, not ORC. The game is a language course.
Speaker 9: This is a true story about the game of World of Warcraft. Many moons ago, my friends and I were gonna run an intervention on Randy because he played it too much, like way too much. He loved World of Warcraft. He would play it all. We'd go over to his house to hang out and party, and he would just sit at his computer and play it while we were hanging out.
Speaker 7: Do you think there's a chance he believes in aliens and dragons and all these things because he was so immersed in the world of warcraft that he believes all those creatures might actually exist in our world.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that is part of it.
Speaker 7: Or maybe there's some kind of a portal from the world of warcraft to Earth.
Speaker 3: Yea, and he speaks orch He liked it because it was so realistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, right, because.
Speaker 7: Of the minotaurs, because he believes those are real centaurs.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a video we showed us that of a real centaur.
Speaker 7: Sausif outside of your lovely wife, Kel, give me a celebrity that you think is extremely attractive, female celebrity extremely attractive, Well.
Speaker 2: Marco Robbie is okay attractive.
Speaker 3: What if Margot Robbie from the waist up and then a horse from the waist down, female horse, would you make out with the top half? That's a good question.
Speaker 9: I mean I would probably be in pure shock that this is after a couple of days of talking to her, So the the initial shock has worn off.
Speaker 7: Now you know this is real. You're not hallucinating. You and Margot the horse are just roaming the countryside.
Speaker 2: Probably, Yeah, would you make out with the top half? Sure, isn't that kind of beast? It's no, it's.
Speaker 3: Isn't that too much anyway? If you want to round up, I'm more of a half best reality empty kind of guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sauce sauce, Yes, sir, I need to ask the obvious follow up. Yeah, if you make out with the top half, yeah, would you consummate with the bottom half? Probably not? Because probably not. Just say definitively no.
Speaker 8: That is your chance to say to say brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 7: If Kel's listening, she needs to ask you about the word probably when.
Speaker 2: You get up.
Speaker 7: Okay, well that should have been one definitively a horse you said, probably not.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm watching a Donkey Kong country speed run right now, so.
Speaker 2: That gets you never mind. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The US men's curling team lost eight to three to Switzerland, but because they were getting their butts kicked, they're like, look, this is our chance. So they put in fifty four year old Minnesotan Rich ruin In, which is awesome. Good for him, so check this out. Though that officially then makes him an Olympian. Like we talked about earlier, he actually had to get into a game otherwise it doesn't count good for him. So he gets in officially the oldest US Olympian in Winter Olympic history. That beats a nearly one hundred year old record, a fifty two year old figure skater named Joseph Savage in the nineteen thirty two Olympic Games. He was a figure skater and that year was the first time that figure skating was.
Speaker 3: Held indoors for the Olympics. Crazy, that's all far back.
Speaker 7: So we had a fifty two year old I think he was a pairs skater, but still even so, fifty two year old figure skater in nineteen thirty two, and that record is beaten by a fifty four year old Minnesota and one.
Speaker 2: Of us sweet gone to hell. Ye still with us two year old in nineteen thirty two.
Speaker 3: They were born in eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 8: Wow, he looks yes, all business.
Speaker 2: Oh look at Joe Savage. The last name Savage is pretty awesome if you yeah, great name of a town too.
Speaker 7: Figure skating is not the sport I would have guessed if your name was Joe Savage, I would have assumed there was a little more of a hand to hand combat kind of a maybe maybe a boxer.
Speaker 8: Maybe it was back then, though maybe you could figure skating.
Speaker 3: You should just beat up your He was the original mancho man.
Speaker 8: He finished first in the ice dance in nineteen thirty six.
Speaker 2: Wow did.
Speaker 8: I was pissed the other night because I spent like an hour watching not the sort of the ice dance where it's the couple's doing.
Speaker 2: It yeah, chock and baits, yeah yeah, and then robbed. I guess they robbed.
Speaker 8: I spent an hour of my life. I will never get that hour back watching figure skating. And then I was like, awesome, they're getting the gold and the note they got robbed.
Speaker 14: One of the judges was from France exactly, and they gave the Shockingly, they gave the US team a bad score, which allowed you guessed it, Frank Stallone, I'm kidding France win.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: Stupid, preposterous. Yeah, that which is why it's fine. They got to do stuff like that to beat America. We are the greatest, so we'll just keep you keep dumping it on them. So in hockey, that's why I wanted it to be twenty to zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't. The gals are holding up their ends.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, they are the deals flying. Grace is flying.
Speaker 8: They're flying now that the guys are getting their legs under them.
Speaker 2: When's the next game tomorrow? Man men? Is tomorrow against Denmark? Yeah? Two ten?
Speaker 11: Yeah they today perfect that pretty good team. I mean, Denmark's come along. They got some very good hockey players, Larzela. They got Freddy Anderson from Carolina. Lars Ler phone Carolina.
Speaker 2: Now he's signed. Do your Lars impression?
Speaker 3: Quick? Talk about hockey though, Talk about the game against the US. I think the US has won the game five to one. It's not bad. It's not it's not as it used to.
Speaker 2: It's not bad. It's uh.
Speaker 7: I don't think people would know what you're trying to do if we didn't tell them. But when you say he's doing Lars from Metallica, you're like, it's kind of there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just paused between every word.
Speaker 7: Right, But if you went on stage at like an I don't know, comedy club or an improv state you started doing that, people go, I.
Speaker 2: Don't understand what he's doing is that guy. Okay, no, he's doing a Metallica impression.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, continue, I guess well, boom them off the stage, all right?
Speaker 7: The News in a second, Marnie Gellner in like twenty minutes. Initials a little over an hour from now. One final segment with John Kriesel. Don't forget at eight fifteen the initials jackpot now one hundred and nine thousand, five hundred dollars one hundred Let me say that again, one hundred and nine thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Potentially credible. Hey, the guy last week almost had it right. What did he guess? L N?
Speaker 7: And it was LP Yes, sir, I mean miracles can happen. It's Friday, the thirteenth. Something weird could happen.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 7: An hour and fifteen minutes from now, one of you will get a crack at over one hundred thousand dollars thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 2: The News is next