Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Showdon Roundtable Show where long Necks in Hebren presented by Postman Law. Hey, it's brought to you in Purpie ever dry waterproofing. It's not dry till let's ever dry. Let's talk high school football. Man, We've got so much to get to, no time to waste. You hear our next guest on Friday Nights with the award winning High School Football Tonight Show on ESPN and Fox Sports thirteen sixty. You read him, his content manager tri statefootball dot Com. Let's see I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take Indiana with him. You're gonna take Kentucky with him. Then we're gonna share the Ohio games with him. So let's welcome in, Greg Shoemaker. How are you guys? What a great week this is?
Speaker 2: I mean history and numbers and stats all over the place. This is a fun, fun week. I'm great. How are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: We are right, brother, great and ready to go. So let me let me take Indiana first. Let's go Class one, a semi state in mylin is looking to make some Hickory history and football explained.
Speaker 2: Yes, how about the Malond Indians, right you know, you know the story newser is all about Mylon Yicky. Mylon's sitting at seven and four right now. They just knocked off reigning state champion Providence down at Providence twenty two to seven, and it's Mylin's just their second regional championship in school history. The cool thing about this is head coach Ryan Langerman was a player on that ninety sixteen. Now he has two sons on this team. Grant is the junior east, the leader of the defense, and Beckett's a freshman who just went over a thousand yards rushing last week. So really good stuff. Man, I'm still rooting for this. One of the feel good stories of the year for sure. Mylond Man seven and four. Now they host South Putnam, who's eleven and two. So U but I think I think they're rolling. Then we talked to coach Langerman two weeks ago and he he was like, you know what, we're healthy on defense. Boys showed last week with a twenty two to seven win a Providence.
Speaker 3: Very good. I agree. We got what seven local teams left in the playoffs in Kentucky. Give us a brief synopsis of the Kentucky Action.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So here in Class one A Rocky, we have Newport Central Catholic and they are going down to Campbellsville. Third straight year that in this round of the tournament, NEWCAP has gone down to Campbellsville. Campbellsville's won those two games by three and five points. I liked them there. But the other game in Newport's playing at Kentucky Country Day. The Bearcats at Kentucky Country Day are very very good. If by somehow NEWCAF win these games on the road, they will face each other for a chance to go to the state championship game. The bad part about this for I'll be both these teams is Kentucky Country Days only lost to Campbellsville. Both of those teams are sitting at ten and one now. In Class two A in Kentucky Beachwood, they're going to host Preston Burg Prestonburg twelve and oh but Beachwood sitting at ten and one. They're averaging fifty points seven points per game. They are the running Class U A state championship or champions. I look for them to have another big game in this one. I don't think Preston I know they're twelve and oh, but I don't think prestonburg Hanks with its potent beachwood tiger offense. In Class three A in Kentucky, Lloyd is twelve and oh for the first time since nineteen ninety five, and they are hosting Russell Russell Red Devils and they're sitting at ten and two. This is up, big game, guys. If you want to go somewhere tomorrow and see a game, go over to Erlanger and the new stadium that they just redid over there at Lloyd two years ago. Fantastic place to see a game. One special and like I said, nineteen ninety five their last done or last time they were twelve and oh. I think those were the Chad Grendel years. So maybe you'll bring some luck to them again. The pretty good stuff there, guys. In Class four A in contraction, check this out. Last week. Cub CAP went down to Johnson City last Friday. They won that game in Johnson City thirty six to twenty nine. This is the group. When we were talking about great stats. Johnson City ran seventy eight plays. Last week, CUBCAF ran just nineteen and they went billion and out on their first two series. I mean, it's just crazy. This is the craziest stats, right. So after that they ended up running for three hundred and five yards on thirteen carries. Cash Horney had eight of those periods for one hundred and sixty one yards, had two touchdowns. Feeling Guyser had five piers for one hundred and fourteen and three touchdowns. So after those two first two three and outs, they ran six sure the thirteen plays the rest of the game, five of them for touchdowns. In fact, the last after those two three and outs, they ran for touchdowns on their next three plays, So crazy night for them. Now they're going to Boyle County where they beat Boyle County last year thirty one to twenty eight. If they win that game, they could play Highlands again for a state a chance to go to state championship. Highland's host is Corbin on or tomorrow night at Highlands over there in Fort Thomas, and then Ryle in Class six A they're down at Frederick Douglass. The common denominator between Ryley and Frederick Douglass is that Highlands has wins over both of those teams. Douglas by one and four over Ryle, so it's kind of interesting. Yeah, these two teams are playing for the Class six A state or semini finals, and yet here's Highlands at four A as wins over both of those teams. Crazy stats there again.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got Ohio and we've got four matchups to talk about. Let's go Division four Region sixteen one versus two one Indian Hill to Valleybue, Indian Hill trying to move to thirteen to zero.
Speaker 2: I was out at Indian Hill. They played Calf last week. Both teams were undefeated. Crazy game with some crazy things that went on there not during the game, and there was a play just so we remember, we talked about tast the last couple of weeks, Calf had outscored their opponents. I think it was like three hundred and ninety four to seven in the last eight week. Something ridiculous. First first series of the game, Indian Hill goes down and kicks a forty four yard field goal. Pretty good field goal with windy conditions on a high school field. Excellent. They go three to nothing. Calf comes back, they're scoring, they're on the way to score, they're inside the red zone and the inside the five and they fumbled the ball. Kid from Indian Hill picks the ball up, takes it all the way back. He's on his way to score a touchdown, and his knee pops and he bumbles the football. He's an agony in pain. The ball ends up on the two yard line. Next play, Taft comes down and scores on it, ninety eight yard touchdown. Run the other way, and it was it looks like it was gonna be defeating. But yet Indian Hill showed some really good moxie senior leadership. They weren't they weren't in awe of any of that, and didn't you know, they handled it like like really good, like a really good team would. And so and now they got value viewed values one eleven in a row after losing their opener to uh cold Water forty nine of forty eight. So two really really good teams. Andan Hill's never won a regional championship. So this is this is big for that school, all right.
Speaker 3: And here we go another big, big time high school game. Trotwood Madison at Anderson. You know, I love that coach over there at Anderson, Evan Dryer, talk about this one here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Trywood and Madison, they're loaded with uh, Division one talent. They This game's loaded on both sides of the fall. Defensively, Anderson has four players between fifty three and sixty six catches on the year. Fifty three and sixty six. That's that's crazy. And then here's the here's the here's another great stat tonight, and Anderson's punted the ball six times this season. But they've also returned six punts for touchdowns this year. So if they put the ball, kids are they're going to return to punt for a touchdown at one point. So it's just you can't make this stuff up. It's so fun there. So that one's really that's a good game. That's going to be interest. A game loaded with defensive talent and Division one talent. If you want to go see a game tomorrow Lakota West, that one will be fun to see for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, two more to squeeze in. Let's go Wayne Warriors in Middletown and Middletown trying to do something they've never done.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, another team trying to win their first ever regional title. Middletown. They have four shutouts in their last nine games. They're only giving up seven points six points per game. The last of the GMC teams remaining is Middletown. Out of all this year, it's crazy to think about. Wayne was in the finals of the regional finals last year and lost to Centerville. Centerville will go on the next week to lose the print to are at Princeton. But Way's been there. That's said. I don't know if they're good enough to beat Middletown. This team is really good defensively. It's gonna be a fun night there at that one's actually at Trotlin Madison High School for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, rock you ready, I'm ready, all right, let's get it. Xavier nine and two. They've won the last what five straight at twelve Elder twelve and oh for the first time in school history at pay Course Stadium. But it was there. Seventeen thousand, seven hundred fans have gotten tickets so far. Should be much more. What are you seen in this one?
Speaker 2: Greg? How about this Rock? Were you won the last time? The last time these two teams met in a regional championship was two thousand and one. Are you a little bit before that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: My last football season was ninety.
Speaker 2: Seven, ninety seven, Okay, so two thousand and one really started what has become a gcl out run in the twenty first century to just excellence and in Division one football. The last two times these teams met again in the regional championship was two thousand and one Saint They won that game twenty four to twenty one. Now, Elders won three out the last four in this series, and they played in twenty twenty, twenty twenty, and twenty twenty one, and Elder came away with the victory in twenty nineteen. I'm sorry, Saint X's won the last two in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, and then like you said, Saint X's won five in a row. They have not given up more than fourteen points in any of their nine victories this year. And Daniel Bulmer, their fine linebacker slash running back who's going to Vanderbilt, has averaged two hundred and twenty nine all purpose yards in three games in his career against the Elder, I expect more of the same thing. He'll return kicks, he'll return punts, he will punt, he will play linebacker, he will do it all for them. And Elder again, first time they've been twelve to zero school history twelve wins. This is this is why Elder's so impressive this year. Other twelve wins Bevin and Ben against teams that have won nine games or more. They have another win against a team with eight victories, another one against a team with seven wins, and two against teams that finished the year at six and six. They're winning. I mean, they just know how to win. It's a it's gonna it's gonna be a low scoring affair. I think the twenty seventeen sort of scores what you're looking for. And I'm not gonna predict which one's gonna win, but uh, it's it's gonna come down to the last the last couple of series, for sure. It always does in a game like this.
Speaker 1: I got less than a minute or show. Give us a preview of Tomorrow Night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tomorrow Night high school Football. Tonight got Tom Gamble along with us talking about pay Corps Stadium in the history of high school football. There really great interview with him. John Rodenberg from Indian Hill joins us, and Eddie Eviston from toub Cafe joins us too, and then Sefuan Alvin and myself Will be on in the post game show after the Saint Xavier Elder game right there on Fox Sports thirteen sixty n, ESPN fifteen thirty. Great stuff, guys, and try everything you're on. Try State football dot Com is up there. You don't miss any of it. And if you go to ats PS football you can find that gamble interview. I put it up a little bit early because it's fantastic, excellent.
Speaker 1: Well, Happy Thanksgiving to you. Enjoy the football, and happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Speaker 2: Hey, you two guys, have a great weekend.