Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: Adapt, improvise, Overcome.
Speaker 3: Gong me utes, Petros and Money Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app back and our familiar Burnbank digs for a full four hour show.
Speaker 2: There's a Tired of the List Tuesday Talals Mendina Best Telemundo Tallest Mendina Love it.
Speaker 3: Not an exceptional power lunch yesterday. We cannot thank the people enough for turning out.
Speaker 2: That worked out pretty well. People showed up eight. You never know when you do a show at one o'clock and your show usually starts at three, and you do a show at one o'clock and you expect people to show up the middle of the workday.
Speaker 4: You just don't.
Speaker 2: You just don't know. You drink a glass of water, but you just don't know. And people came and filled the bar, and there was enough people to give prizes away too. There was enough people to have the show sound exuberant, and the Petros and Money Power Lunch at BJ's Restaurant in brew House and Irvine was a great success. As you would say, Matt.
Speaker 3: I found myself in an elongated conversation with longtime listener Karen the elderly.
Speaker 2: In the Pink, in the Pink. She had quite an outfit, she really did. She had just not San Tazabell showed up. Have we had the city of Orange or excuse me, yeah, the city of brew reactions, reactions in Anaheim? Have we had such a festooned guest?
Speaker 3: She had just moved down to Irvine from the Hollywood Hills and never found herself in a close enough vicinity to our remotes, But said she, we don't do a lot of We don't.
Speaker 2: Do a lot of Hollywood Hill and we don't go to Big Wang's Wing or anything like that, or the Powerhouse. So it was a believable tale. Like, yeah, I listened to you guys forever, I've just not been able to I don't like to drive on the freeways, so it was hard for me to finally this right in my neighborhood. I live right up the street. I came down to see it, and by the time I finished our conversation Pee, or maybe she finished it with me, that place was empty. That's Petros and Money, the restaurant, the bar. What about the two people dressed up like Denver Broncos, the whole they left. I watched them walking out all gone. They were dressed as Denver Broncos to represent the Broncos to you, right, the voice of the Bolts in It's the kickoff is at like five, and they were long gone. We were done three.
Speaker 3: We're not not here for football. They were there for the Petros and Money show. So big thank you to miss January for having the trust and belief that the Petros and Money could pull a power lunch off. And I'd say we did it with flying colors. I said so much so that we're going to have another power Lunch at Downey December. First, the BJ's and Downy December first, and that's another one o'clock show. And how about the benevolence of Steven Segall haircutted listener Bob Bob Yeah, won the tickets to Chargers Raiders and said, and he could have sold those on the market, said, I can't make it. He's like, put them back in the hoppa. So we put them back in the hopper and gave them away to a family, a husband and a wife, husband Raider fan, wife Charger fan.
Speaker 2: How about that? So it all worked out. That is going to be great and we did have a great time. Thank you to everybody who came out to BJ's Restaurant in brew House in Irvine. And we're looking to have another party in Downey on December first at the BJS, so look forward to that. Another illustrious Oh Petro sent money Power lunch, Yes.
Speaker 3: Matt, and talk about class. You know, there's class and then there's high class. We had that beautiful couple sit behind us, Adam and Christine. Lovely people. And uh when they got up, I gave him a Brewery X button down and a BJ's button down.
Speaker 2: You gave them free goods. There was a lot of free clothes I gave away used free clothing and Bert gave away a used puzzuki. They ate half of his Perzooki that he had already eaten. Said, I don't want to finish the rest of this, but do buy chocolate pazoki and they took that on. They'd had a few drinks. Kates, you know they their inhibitions were were lessened. Same spoon, same fork.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, They ate it right out of his mouth like birds. He regurgitates like Alicia Silverstone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like Alicia Silverstone feeding her child at that Beverly Hills park.
Speaker 3: And Adam was like, ay, time for me to pack up. We had a great time. I need the bill, and Miss January is like I got you about that?
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 2: Miss January took care of Adam and Christine our cups because we don't eat right. We're too busy doing great sports talk to be weighed down. Bert did or the menu to take home. He ordered a fetacini and chicken to take home for his wife.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I feel like by us not eating evens it all evens out. But they put a dent in it though, Yes, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: I saw a big stack of mozzarella sticks that looked like Jenga being served to the promotions guys.
Speaker 3: Well, when you got to give up your woots, when you're going through the different wrappers of note, you know, you got to make sure you have a little energy, little food in that belly of yours to keep you going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They had the One Legendary Remix pizza delivered right as I was leaving, so they were, oh wow, I think they were going to hang out, watch a little bit of the game, maybe have a few pops, eat some of that one Legendary Remix pizza, and then hit the road a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Like, are we really in a hurry to get back? I guess not.
Speaker 3: I missed January and all his free food right here. Let's just get another pizza, a couple pops and hang out. I asked those guys for a lighter on my way out.
Speaker 2: You would have thought I asked him for a space shuttle or something that I would assume each of them had one to offer up, you know, you would assume, right, But they didn't know. I made my backpack my car. It became a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just use the one in your car and you just pushed that thing in. Let it get nice and hot, and I'm gonna pops just that thing moveing, Matt. Yesterday was not just today that we had prizes to give away. We have prizes to give away today, courtesy of the NFL.
Speaker 2: You work with that league, I did till they fire. How do you work with the team in the league.
Speaker 3: Yes, I work with a team in the league. I worked for the network that we're promoting right now until I was summarily fired. Unsummarily fired. Every day we're giving away.
Speaker 2: He just didn't bring you back.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I did have an option though that they could have picked up. Oh so, technically, h one hundred dollars NFL Shop gift card is what we have to give away every single day. We gave one yesterday, gave one away yesterday, We're going to give one away today between four between now and seven pm are five winners, So one per day this week, one hundred dollars NFL Shop Gift card, five winners. Grand prize going to be pulled on Friday, two Nights Day Resorts World, Las Vegas, and you get a four pack of tickets to see the Raiders and Broncos on Sunday, December seventh at Allegiance Stadium in Las Vegas. So a hell of a grand prize. Two nights stay and tickets to Allegiant, four of them, no less to Raiders Broncos. It's all thanks to our friends at Good Morning Football Overtime that runs weekdays at If you don't have NFL Network, no worries. You got Fox NFL Plus to watch it weekdays at four pm. They know the NFL. They're great covering the NFL. Kyle Brand, Jimmy Airdohl, Mantitao, you can watch that Good Morning Football Overtime weekdays.
Speaker 2: Sit Mantitaalo is supposed to come on the show tomorrow or something. See Kate's left the room. I believe Mantitao is supposed to join us tomorrow to promote it.
Speaker 3: Kates, Yeah, tomorrow, mantile be on the show, so we're gonna be able to promote it. There we go with Mantitao to hear the Football Analysis delivers what the NFL Network did to you.
Speaker 2: Matt, Hey, don't get too comfortable there, man. Tie Sandy gave me the acts and I didn't even know where I was gonna get up on my way home and she's like, hey, I think you saw the writing on the wall. I heard they just didn't re up your contract. There was an option, man, tie, that's an option, and they didn't bring it back. Instead they sent her my way. Hey, hey, we're going in a different direction. What direction? You don't have any hosts, not a Walt goal in the last five years. Look in the mirror. You're a white guy. Yeah, you're out. Well you kind of know what we're talking about, don't you. I guess I do. I guess I do. You're out? Who are you replacing me with? Bridget Fonda?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, Barno? No, not like no, Didget No, speaking of that. Matt Mac Matt's taking a real surfing step today that he thought we might not notice.
Speaker 4: But it is.
Speaker 2: Notice what it is?
Speaker 3: Notice walking around here, Like Matt's walking around here like he just walked out of the sand wearing his ug boots.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got my ugs on. Matt is wearing ug boots like a teenage girl just out of the ocean. Today. I saw him walking around with skinny jeans and ugboots and I was like, Wow, what the hell happened at this guy? Yes, I forgot I had my ugs on. Look at you, Matt. It was cold. It's cold outside, Matt, fifty two degrees when I walked the dog this morning, So I threw the uggs off. Not only is Matt wearing his ug boots, he's also wearing his complimentary City of Coast to Mesa socks. It's a real pair I got. Everybody loves the City of Coasta Mesas socks high fashion. So whatever happened to that guy from Chicago used to work at Krock, Well, now he's wearing skinny gee ug boots and Coasta Mesa California socks. I do say it.
Speaker 3: Listen, there's a lot of things that are new that I don't like. But the new jeans with the stretch in them, that's just a game changer.
Speaker 2: Well that's been for some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know before we had the levies.
Speaker 2: Well, when you buy a pair of jeans and they're all staffed now and you can't even get into your car. You try to lift your leg and it's like, oh my god, what is this. You try to get a leg over and you can't do it. Get these Travis Matthews with the stretch and your boots feels good. So tomorrow our featured guest will be Manti Taoay and Matt will be able to tell him tales of whoa I was on the five at the Commerce casino on my phone rang and it's an NFL network. I thought it was going to be about my assignment. The next day I was told I was finished Brady Quinn, who's finished playing football but not being an announcer. No, we'll join us in the very next segment and we will talk. He's great about Notre Dame. We will talk.
Speaker 3: Now, will you feel like you're going to ruin any of your stuff you got for him? Tomorrow? I'm going to be asking him question I got you right? How are you gonna feel if he asks you the same questions tomorrow, Like wait a minute, what Petross, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Are you gay? It's like no, no, he was doing it to me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be asking questions to him. I'm gonna be servicing Brady right, So we're gonna get his opinion and then tomorrow and he is the most opinionated of all the people on that panel for Big New. On the Big New, he comes the strongest. He got all of them like he comes strong. It's my favorite when him and Ingram gang up on Matt Liner, which is every week because Liner can't take it.
Speaker 2: No, he can't. He doesn't want any he doesn't want to be bullied. He just wants to do the commercials Now, Okay, I don't want to do this this analysis. Can't watch with you, guys. I can't watch college football. I've got to do the commercial. It's killing me. But Brady Quinn a lot will join us in the very next segment and we will talk about Kiffin, usc Organ, Dame, the college playoff rankings, and all the different stuff that comes along with the great Brady Quinn and Matt A real treat we do have because we recognize we might even need a timfany herekay. We recognize.
Speaker 3: That people still even though they drank through a fire hose with Scam and the playoffs and the parade, the replay of Game seven, all the great stuff on am FI, seventy, Instagram, every companion piece.
Speaker 2: You could ever want to enjoy. The Dodger champion as.
Speaker 3: That World Series championships in a Game seven, one of the finest World Series ever played.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of football.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of Clippers going on right now, which isn't really that great.
Speaker 2: War and ten blew a ten point lead last night in fridal to three minutes.
Speaker 3: David Vasse and Tim Kats made an obligate tory appearance together on Spectrum Sports.
Speaker 2: Net last week, but put it fast at is on Smokeo.
Speaker 3: And Jim Kates is doing a bunch of college and pro football, let alone the Pettersen money stuff.
Speaker 1: But we have.
Speaker 3: In lieu of just Fox Sports Radio coming up at seven o'clock to night, in our five o'clock hour, we are.
Speaker 1: Going to have.
Speaker 2: A Los Angeles Dodger Hour of Power, featuring a top story of the day by the one and only Matt money Smith Dodger observer.
Speaker 3: That's accurate. I do observe the Dodgers right, and I don't just observe them in season. I observe them out of season as well, observationally all year long. And then in our second segment of the Hour of Power is Ross Porter, legendary broadcast are in town thirty years almost calling Dodger games, and Ross has very interesting. He's got a book out called The Ross Porter Chronicles, and the first one that's out is called volume one appropriately.
Speaker 2: That would lend you to believe that there will be a volume two? Right or else? Why you call them this? Just like one when you hear the Petrosen Money show, would you would assume it's petros and Money. You're gonna do the show? Ross Porter Chronicles Volume one, you would assume here comes volume two, right, and Ross Porter, who has interviewed everybody you could ever think of and done a great job chroniclizing it. Hence the name very obvious names here, But Ross has interviewed everybody from Vince Scully to Lesorta to Sandy Cofax. And the interviews are all in the book. And then there and then yeah, no there is. There's a companion piece QR code where you can watch the interviews on YouTube after you read the interviews. Really interesting stuff from a guy that we all love and respect, Ross Porter, who's going to come on and let some perspective to it.
Speaker 3: Iconic delivery, Oh yeah, hell of a storyteller and an incredible interviewer who was part of you know, the This Week in Baseball era of getting those big interviews once a week that were appointment listening or appointment viewing. So I'm sure, it's going to be great to kind of get an idea of why he did it, what he's sharing, why he chose these interviews.
Speaker 2: And a nice gift for the holidays, right that you could purchase.
Speaker 3: I mean, how much Dodger stuff can you get?
Speaker 2: Not enough? Not enough? Not After back to back World Series championships. Who's tired of the Dodgers? Nobody? Here's Ross Porter nineteen seventy four, ANBC Channel four news acre with Paul Moyer.
Speaker 5: Good evening once again, everybody that was long awaited news for the Dodger Faithful it finally came tonight unless we stealed Ross Porter thunder.
Speaker 2: Here with the happy details is mister Porter, Ross Paul.
Speaker 5: Although they had taken the division lead for good on April the fourteenth, had been a long tenth summer for the Dodgers, and her largest margin was eleven games on the afternoon of July the tenth, and that advantage was chopped to one and a half games on September the fourteenth, But eight years of frustration ended the night when Cincinnati lost to Atlanta eight to one. An hour and forty minutes later, the Dodgers wrapped up a meaningless eight to five victory in Houston, and it was time to celebrate. A group of players who had remained subdued throughout the season, as serene in victory as in defeat. Finally could let loose in the locker room at the Astrodome in Texas.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 5: After one hundred and one wins and one hundred and sixty one games, the Dodgers had cleansed the flag. On the next to last day of the season. Their manager, whose last winner had come in nineteen sixty six, spraised his squad.
Speaker 6: I'm proud of this club.
Speaker 4: Races.
Speaker 6: We've been in a lot of tight places, you know, in during the city where we had where we had to win some games. We'll beat Cincinnati when we had to and and uh all we postponed a little longer than I would like to have. I'm still very.
Speaker 4: Same, right.
Speaker 5: Jerry Doggan wasn't crying. He couldn't get the champagne out of his eyes. The Dodgers now opened the best of five playoff series Saturday, and either Pittsburgh or Saint Louis. The Pirates are one game ahead of the Cardinals in the Eastern Division with one to play. Pittsburgh rallied to win the night, while Saint Louis squandered the lead and lost. Baltimore also wrapped up the American League East later this evening, and we'll have all the details later as one of baseball's most exciting seasons enters at final days. Ross Porter that the KNBC News Service with Paul Moyer and Ross Porter.
Speaker 3: Nice, no proper, Oh no, it's script on the desk, I'll tell you, glancing down and glancing up, locking eyes with that camera.
Speaker 2: When Fred took over the job at KNBC, it looks like Ross just took off his hair helmet and put it on Fred, like they're having the anchor hair. They have exact same hair, except for Ross's head is three times the size of Fred.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would, honestly, I would pay thousands of dollars to watch Ross Porter beat the crap out of Fred. Well, it wouldn't be a it wouldn't be long. No, I'd love to see bit ten seconds any time. Ross Porter is alive, just throwing haymakers at punkass. Fred and Fred like going out, Oh god, ow oh, that would be great.
Speaker 3: And that's a real Oklahoma outfit he's wearing. You got like a tweed jacket with a check shirt and a power tie seventies, I mean beautiful. So we're going to talk to Ross.
Speaker 7: By the way, Paul Moyer looks the same in nineteen seventy four that he didn't.
Speaker 2: Two Moyer well preserved, no doubt about that petrified petroglyph. It's just like he's stuffed the Ross Porter chronicles embalmed. So we are looking forward to talking to Ross. I think that'll be a lot of fun. Ross Porter a great guy and a lot of great memories. I just got a text from Isabelle who writes, I'm so excited, Pee, I love Ross. I think you should have never left. Some people believe that and feel that way, still a lot of people to this day, Isabelle. And let me also say this. I talked to Isabelle yesterday and she wanted me to let you know that you talked to her, that I spoke with her. Yes, And she also wanted you to know Kates that I spoke with her. And she also wanted to extend an olive branch to the concierge of the sports Lodge and tell Trent Rush, who I spent the weekend with, that she would like to talk to him.
Speaker 7: Oh, I give her Trend's number.
Speaker 2: Give her Trend's number. I think that that goes without saying that needs to happen, like right now? Is that right? Does Trent? Is Trent aware of Isabelle? Well, he was in the car with Isabel call. Does she has she ever checked into the line. I don't believe so, I don't believe. So they don't allow her admission to the lot. And Isabel told me that she hates the Angels and I was like, well, weren't you happy when they won in.
Speaker 3: Two or whatever? And she was like, yeah, yeah, I was happy when they won. I was like, okay, well you don't hate a little something there? Right, what do you think she wants to talk to Trent about? She wants to tell him her perspective on the Angels. That's exactly what she said. Okay, so well that's valuable for Trent. I would recommend he accept that call.
Speaker 2: Well, how do you not you get a call from somebody confused? It says it's Manny. They're like, why's Manny calling me mine? I always just says Isabel, Oh, yes, because.
Speaker 3: It's pro granted it. I'm not programmed it.
Speaker 2: Well, we kind of need her from the launch pad matter. It's production oriented for me. Very true. But Isabelle wanted everybody to know that we spoke, and she also wanted everybody to know that she's available to talk to Trent Rush, and she wanted everybody to know that she's excited about the Ross Porter interview coming up at five o'clock. I can see that I am two. Is Ross five or five thirty today? Five thirty?
Speaker 3: Okay? What if a hour five o'clock?
Speaker 7: What if is he and Trent at a show together and called it here to fix the angels? Isabelle and Trent it the IT department. This kind of flows, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, not like scam.
Speaker 3: Believe it scam flows. I think you're trying to sell it to an audience that doesn't want to have anything to do with it. Them old people don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: You know, Ross Porter does. He's got QR codes in his book. Their point right, we'll be back.
Speaker 3: What you're gonna do is you're gonn go at QR code, gonna snap it with your cell phone camera.
Speaker 7: We'll talk some college football with our friend Brady Quinn. How many punches before Fred goes down from Ross.
Speaker 2: Ross is a big oaklahue hand, a backhand, a jab. Ross throws one backhanded Fred and he goes down. And then Ross picks him up by Fred's lego hair and starts to kick him in the gut while he's holding his hair, and then he stands him up and really rears back and just punches Fred to where Fred turns and like kind of does like a little bit of a sway before he goes down. We made up all is forgiven. Yeah, I would pay to see Ros's porter beat Fred's ass and not just a little bit. Does Fred's still I'm talking like high end hooker money. I would pay to see Ross Porter be.
Speaker 3: Fred, not hooker money, escort money. Yeah, does Fred still have the whole great thing going?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I didn't remember if it?
Speaker 3: Well, you should have never done that. I've never we should have never revealed or seen them so upset, truly, I've never seen.
Speaker 2: We'll discuss that in our final segment of this hour.
Speaker 4: We need to go.
Speaker 2: We need to go because Brady's waiting. We'll be right back with more. Stay with us. We've made it even easier to take La sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto road Trip all summer with.
Speaker 2: LA Sports Petro some money.
Speaker 3: AM five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app giving away that one hundred dollars NFL Shop gift card today. If you're one of the five winners Friday, you could be the grand prize winner. That is a trip to Vegas. We're going to give you two nights at the Resorts World and a four pack of tickets to see Raiders and Broncos. It's courtesy of our friends over at Good Morning Football over Time weekdays four pm on Fox eleven plus, so keep listening between now and seven pm. Will give away that one hundred dollars card to the NFL Shop.
Speaker 2: Joining us now.
Speaker 3: On the Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline.
Speaker 2: It is one of our favorite people in the world. Is the best, and he is our favorite talking head when it comes to the very popular college football Saturday shows. He's our favorite college football talking head. An overall sports host on Fox Sports Radio, he is a man with a gigantic family of great looking young people, and overall a wonderful friend to have in the world. Not just because the whole Catholic world bends the need of Brady Quinn and his Notre Dame roots, but great perspective, really great perspective, and a very candid football analyst. Longtime friend of the show, Two Pros and a cup of Joe every day here on Fox Sports Radio three to six am. I'll be on there tomorrow. This is my intro song, I hate it little. Maybe Brady likes you. Yeah, turn turn about his fair play you like, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: For playing this. Yeah, I might. I might swerve her do whatever Jellous saying in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I swerve in the corner. Whoa sunglasses?
Speaker 4: Hard bro? And you pumped that in the car. I remember back in the day, my sister because she was, you know, you're ahead of me. She got her license and she'd be flying up because she was always late, and I'd be sitting there waiting in the driveway for you go to school, and she'd be like blaring, bling, bling, you know every time I come on on, Yes said, and I was like, I was so embarrassed. I would just like lead the seatbag as far as possible and roll out of the car and be like, hope, no one saw me coming in with my football mess bag full of smelly gear.
Speaker 2: The Great Brady Queen.
Speaker 4: By the way, are we not going to talk about some maxim tonight? I mean, come on, We've got two quarterbacks who combined have been to seven schools. They're like the Van Wilder of college football. Probably moving in the wrong direction tonight, but Bowling Green by boy Drew Pine started Notre Dame and made a bunch of stuffs in between. Now he's at Bowling Green State for old Eddie George and Ben Finley started and she stayed at Cow. Now he's back to Akron. I mean this stuff, you can't It doesn't get much better than well, I mean Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I mean we could talk maction Brady, but this is a Southern California show.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but I.
Speaker 2: I do want to ask you.
Speaker 4: We've seen you in the point lay the points of Akron.
Speaker 2: Use code Quinn twenty, Quinn twenty, We've.
Speaker 4: Seen the points of Ohio University are gonna They're gonna bolow out you mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Bobcats took it hard on the chin from my Uh, well, who's who's my team? Western Michigan last week?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I like my bad. Oh that's fine. You masses O ten and they're the worst team in college football, so I think we'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about USC, Brady. I know that you have to do it all the time on your show and it's probably annoying on the Big Noon and all that. But USC is in a good position in the Big Ten. And I know they look like they don't play nine on seven at all in practice, but they beat Iowa and they've beat Nebraska in Nebraska after they knocked the quarterback out. What's going to happen in autsin stadium? Do you see a world where USC makes the college football Playoff?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: They've got to win this one, though, I think in order to assure themselves a spot. I don't know that the resume is strong enough without a win at Oregon. I think if you look at two the teams they'd be in competition with. I mean, I've said all along, you know, I don't know why Miami is ranked behind Notre Dame. They played, we watched it. Their name might be playing better football right now, but they have the same record, and it doesn't make any sense they've even played the same opponent might beat it by more. So you know, even if they you know, even if they beat Oregon, like, there's still going to be some of those teams that they lost to that are gonna be buying for spots as well as far as that large bid, because it seems unlikely that they would be the team that ultimately goes to the Big N Championship Game. So we obviously know How State Indiana, if they continue, they should be playing for it. So it's really about those that large bids. Now I would say this, I would take SC over Michigan, Like that's for sure, Michigan's still alive, but it seems like they're constantly, you know, hanging on by a thread. However, you know, last year we thought, you know, they would get blown out by how State Columbus, and that was not the case. So look, SC has all the components. You've got a quarterback in Jade mileb who I is a tremendous player, you know, Lemon laying their playmakers, they can run the football to. This is a much better SC team that I think really probably if we're being honest, what we've seen under Lincoln Riley at SC, it's much improved and in the place where it needs to improve them and in particularly in the trenches. My biggest concern with this matchup versus Oregon is that they have the depth, They have the ability to sustain upfront for four quarters and be the more physical team. Well, here's all the one to say, I'm willing to let the game play itself out, because Oregon also has had its moments where you know, they haven't been very physical or they haven't been able to be consistently physical versus teams they had no business playing close games against. And their wide receivers are banged up to Cory Moore's missed now I think a couple of weeks Scarry Bryant Junior has been out. They've got some concerns too about you know, some of those stars on the outside. So if they don't have as much firepower, Uh, the offense could look a little different for Oregon and that could obviously play to the advantage of SC.
Speaker 3: I know you kind of you mentioned it there, h Brady, just kind of trying to get a read on how they're looking at this playoff. This year, and what they're valuing is it eye test is I mean it's a head to head and and you've got Notre Dame, like you said, ahead of Miami, it doesn't really make a lot of sense. But in terms of like how you think they're gonna put this thing together, you already know the SEC people are screaming and yelling like what are we looking at in the Big Ten? Is there a magic number of losses you can't have? How do you see it sort of coming together?
Speaker 4: You can't have three, I can promise you that. And if you're a Big Ten team and you've got two, you better have beat a couple of ranked teams. I think because what the Committee has done is they have valued the SEC the entire season, and obviously with these super conferences there's a better chance to get more teams ranked in the top twenty five. But you know that's what you're leaning on. If you're the committee, you're saying, well, look at how many you know wins the adversus ranked opponents. Well, if you play in the SEC and you have a few wins, I mean, based on your schedule, you're gonna have a number of teams are gonna be ranked. They've got eight to nine depending on the week, ranked in the top twenty five. So there's gonna be a lot of those matchups and opportunities. So the problem is your resume is not gonna stack up as well to a two loss sc team who's won three games four games versus ranked opponents. And that's just the reality of the Big Ten or Big twelve of that matter in an ACC So there's no doubt the SEC has gotten the benefit of the doubt. And I think if you're looking at how the committee has viewed the rankings, it is without an eye test because the very first rankings, I mean, Indiana had done more at that point time the season than Ohio State had and they're both undefeated, and you're saying to yourselves, Okay, you know why is the highest state ranked number one? Because they think they are the best, and by the way, they might be right, Like Ohio State has been dominant. They haven't trailed a second in the second half of any game this season. Now, granted, you know, maybe you'll say, you know, the Indiana and the Big Ten championship or even Michigan because they've given them fits. Maybe that's when that will happen. I don't think it's happened this week versus Rutgers. But you know, there's a number of teams I mentioned Notre Dame you could throw. Utah, for example, is one that I don't really quite understand why they have them ranked as high as they do. There's not many quality wins there, but they seem to like Utah because they're playing much better football since they lost to Texas Tech earlier in the season and then where they kind of struggle. I think dam Pier's back healthy again. They're giving him credit for that. So it's all I tested at this point. Now. I do think head ed will come into play, but I don't think it's going to be until the final rankings, and that's when they can basically do their job and wave goodbye and there's twelve teams are going to play for national championship.
Speaker 3: The way you talk about it, it's almost like it's not a perfect system. The one and only Braden Quinn is our guest, a media conglomerate and a great guy.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you I follow his wife on Instagram now and that's a weird thing to say, but she's pretty funny. She tells all kinds of She tells all kinds of mom jokes and stuff like if you're like, you know for somebody that you could tell Like she cares about her Instagram, like she's got some production value and stuff. And if you a team maybe I don't know, but if you put it up against the guy that I know has a team, Matt Lionert, Alicia Quinn is killing. I mean, we're not.
Speaker 4: We're not allowing her to do trending. She's dasky about this whole thing because she's like, hey, I'm maybe look going to do on some social media stuff. And I said, yeah, that's fine. I said, just try to keep me out of it, and then try to make sure it's like good humor, you know, like unique, genuine stuff that's funny. So I think she's an all right so far. But yeah, I mean I liked it. She let's do a trending dance. Let's let's be a poser. But back in the day, no, we're like that was the worst thing to be called. And you walked in and you did something that someone else had on or you did something that they're like, oh, you're a poser, and you're like, oh, I don't want be that. That's all what social media is. Everyone's just falling with someone else. We all look like idiots. You're right, we look like idiots.
Speaker 2: But I liked I. I saw well the one that stuck with me the other day, because you know, she's clearly an Olympic athlete and decorated off. Yeah, decorated Olympic athlete. And she was like, yeah, I go to pilates or whatever, and I freaked out. I'm in competition with the old moms. I'm in competition with the teenage girls. I go into that class and I want to kill those people. And it was very wonderfully delivered. I thought it was great. Let me ask you, Brady Brady Quinn from Two Pros and a Cup of Joe and Big Noon and all that stuff joining us right now on the Petrosen Money Show. We only bother him once every few months around this time of year, or if there's a story we need him for.
Speaker 4: I would come on every week if you guys ask.
Speaker 2: But Tim Kates our producers like great, I think you've even co hosted on an occasion or two.
Speaker 4: He'll fly for that.
Speaker 2: But we wouldn't even need to get the conference we can't afford to. Let's let's talk about Lane Kiffin. Do you think, uh, what do you think is gonna happen with Lane Kiffin?
Speaker 4: I mean, what do you think like he would have made the commitment to old miss by now if he was saying I mean, it just it feels like it's kind of like the guy who's dating her for forever, and it's like it's almost like he's way for something better to come along, always waiting for to mess up. I guess, right, Like, isn't that how we view that situation? How is this really any different? Now? Look, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe what he's doing is he's making sure he does his due diligence. And I think it's Florida by the way. I don't think he wants to, you know, take his family, you know down to family family, his family. I don't think he wants to go down there and deal with a mess all the stuff going on down there. But I do I do think that there's a reason why he's waiting and like like Mike Elco, like Matt Ruhle, like anyone else, he's been up for another job or room for it. They signed extensions and for some reason, he has not done that, and uh, I do think that that maybe it means he's leaning towards Florida. It's going to be Florida. He just wants to maybe get through the season, if that's possible.
Speaker 3: What about the NFL, he's big, you know, the the Lane Kiffins who's coaching in the NFL. I know it went horribly with the Raiders, but but do you think the guys that are at the top of this list if the NFL came calling, do you think they'd want to get out of this sort of nil? I don't know, rat race, if that's the right term. And would they want to go to Miami? Would they want to go to Tennessee one of those spots and not have to deal with this anymore?
Speaker 4: It's a great question, and I think it leads to maybe one of the reasons why someone or you know, maybe his agents telling him that he be patient. You know, the New York Giants job just came open, like that'd be fun, right, So there's a number of I think reasons why you'd want to be patient with it. And by the way, is asking price only probably continually goes up and up and up. As there'll be more firings, I'm sure as the college football season goes along, but also the NFL, so there's there's probably sim ability to that. My thing with the difference between the NFL and college football is you are the most powerful man oftentimes in the state as the head coach of the college football team, but you are the top paid state employee. You can lobby, you can do it. I've always said the next head coach at Penn State, I don't care who they hire, go a lobby and get your damn airport figured out. They get bigger planes in there be way better for recruiting because otherwise, like they're flying into Harrisburg, they gotta drive an hour. It's a mess. Like no parent wants to do that or recruit I mean, in all seriousness, like these are little things that when you think about how if everyone's paying now, then everyone's off from the same thing, Like you, how are you gonna get there? And your experience getting there that plays a role. And so like these college coaches have so much power. You see how big the buyouts are too, Like you know, halftime they get fired, they can just still retire. They don't have to do they don't even have to coach again. So I think for a guy who's been really successful in college, it probably makes sense that he stays there instead of, you know, going into the NFL where they can pull the rug out from underneath you within a year or two. And especially if you've got poor ownership. I mean Brian Callahan, who is a good guy, good coach, and what's really set up to because I don't know why the Titans ever got rid of Mike Gravel in the first place. Look at what he's doing New England now. I mean they didn't give Brian Callahan two full years. And mind you, he's starting the you know, really the bulk of everything with a rookie in the past two years, Cambore this year, will levels in the past. So you kind of break down the whole situation and go, why would I want to go to that dumpster fire, you know, and then have to have that on my resume and then resort myself to figuring out what's there in college football? Make kiffn' is the hottest commodity right now in college football, I would think you'd want to stay in college strike while the iron's hot, it's it's trending more towards the structure that I think you have at the NFL, and that's coming sooner than later. I mean, I think we've gotten through probably some of the toughest times in regards to how things are being handled in regards to the payment of players.
Speaker 3: Last thing, Brady, and we appreciate it. UCLA is going to be looking for a coach. It's not going to be Lane Kiffing.
Speaker 2: Damee Madison Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about Bob Chesney or the guy uh North Texas? Eric exactly, Like are those.
Speaker 4: Here's what's fascinating to me about this now, Like Eric Morris is going to bring mess to makers quarterback, Like that's just how this works. They are there are head coaches that are going to be hired from places that have a quarterback they're going to bring with them. You know, it's not so much to Kurt Signetti, like let's go to a school and then we've got the ability to identify Chris Warker, you know, Mendoza Fromanda Mendoz who came from cal Like you look at ben Arbuckle and bringing Matier, you look at Devin Danpira Utah and then bringing their O c like that's becoming the trend. It's kind of wild and it's almost like a package deal now, so I would be shocked at all if Eric Morris, who by the way, I know he's in the running for the Oklam State job two, so we'll see what I mean. I think U c LA is a better job minus the stadium situation, which is a debacle. But uh, he's gonna bring a quarterback with him too, which and then the quarterbacks gonna get a pay day as well, so it makes everyone happy. And the quarterbacks a hell of a player, like he's got a really bright future. But I just think that trend, I mean, I don't know if you guys viewers alarming. I just think it's really interesting. That's not even just about the head coach ATATA. They're like the quarterbacks. I'm with you, right, all right, I will make sure because uh you're okay. But that kid that kids the start.
Speaker 2: Maris didn't wasn't it him and cam Ward that went up to Washington State together from Incarnate Word?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then uh so he's been doing it for a while. The one and only Brady Quinn. Ladies and gentlemen, we are honored to have him Max, Max, we're gonna get it on. It's on thirteen minutes. Acron in the points, right on the acron in the point.
Speaker 4: All right, well there, I think there there should be uh labor. I think right now the Midwest it should be lay Well, I'll put it this way. You can. It's a big number for Ohio University, laid the points of the high University. I don't think you Mass will score.
Speaker 2: So Brady's neighborhood comes alive when Max's on. No doubt, Brady, we love you.
Speaker 4: There's nothing better than a Tuesday night finding some some football out there. It's there, I would agree.
Speaker 2: I was looking for the maction last night and I was like, oh, it's NFL. Damn. I wanted the seriously, I wanted the maction. We love you, Brady, and I'll talk to you in the morning.
Speaker 3: All right, there he goes, There he goes. Kate's is talking to him. So really every week, Hello, hello, hello, good luck finding something to talk about tomorrow morning. We went through it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: No Now we'll just talk about how Lvar is jealous that he's not on the show. But we asked LaVar once to come to the show. And he never got back to us. Oh, p you never called me, That's what he says.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jonas fills in. Brady comes on.
Speaker 2: We asked him to come on once and he didn't do it.
Speaker 7: Brady, did it be as comrades from Florida?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But now that he has eight kids or something, he had to move back to Ohio in laws to help take care of his kids.
Speaker 7: He's not in Florida anymore.
Speaker 2: No, he went back to Ohio because his family was on my family is gone. Get married a gymnastics Uh great, Alicia sacrimony? Yeah, wow you okay, all right there, Dan, what happened in there? Just put your hand on a stove? What happened back there? I'm oky, Dan, We'll be right back. Put up the poll question? Would you with reaction?
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener? Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Roddee.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk with aud A Musk, follow us all, and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: That's trust, some money and five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeart Radio, big thanking of Brady Quinn talking college football. Maybe Kenny Chesney going to be the next head coach of the u c l A Bruins. Brandy g you talk about pulling it? I mean you thought Rick Newheisel could get a recruit with a yet r t he starts.
Speaker 2: I just saw Kenny Tasty blow the roof off the Tacoma Dome. Things are going well for Pete by the way, Pete Carroll, Yeah, what are they having a rough year? A little bit? But he's won everywhere he's ever been. Two and eight traded for Gino. Why would he trade for a guy that got him fired in Seattle? Hey, this guy got me fired in Seattle. Let me trade for him here. I mean, I'm not that smart. I know the NFL is very complicated.
Speaker 3: They quarterbacks are hard to find. Why is the new head coach in Seattle getting rid of the quarterback that I want? Is that a red flag for me at all? Should I be worried about that?
Speaker 2: I have some text ussles for you, Matt.
Speaker 3: The secret text does.
Speaker 2: A fine brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy plus one on Ross Porter pounding Fred Rogan. Yes, yes, I would pay a lot of a million pesos to see Ross Porter beat the crap out of Fred just Rear and Ryan Robinventori pod Yeah, bloody Fred up. Oh god, oh no, oh god. Ross Porter should be the voice of the audio book.
Speaker 4: Well he is.
Speaker 2: There's a component we explained that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: There, it's just a transcription of the interviews and when you click the QR code, it takes you to the interview.
Speaker 2: Now, Matt, we know we were just talking about it off air with our boss. We know that there's a great thirst for Dodger content most definitely, we know where our bread is buttered. But not everybody wants the Dodger Power Hour at five o'clock. Some people, they like, they grab ass and pet chicken f and Olympics, so that's what they want tomorrow.
Speaker 3: This says, you guys are now management bitch punks, pouring the Dodgers down our closed mouths like we're in Guantanamo and we're prisoners.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true. That is the equivalent of putting Ross Porter on and having a Dodger's top story of the day, water boarding you to get information about potential terror attacks in Guantanamo Bay.
Speaker 3: You're gonna listen to this Dodger story and you're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Open your mouth, take it. Somebody sent me a picture of the four old ladies that were at Irvine yesterday. They were having lunch when our show started, and they're standing outside talking and the picture has a caption and it says, these old ladies hated you and Matt, I'm outside and they're talking ass.
Speaker 3: Well, why didn't you let us know in the moment? I'd have rolled out there and be like, yeah, bitches, Hey, what's you're talking?
Speaker 2: What you saying?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: You can't say that to those women? Well, you know what, Karen loved us. Yeah, she was an old lady. She'd been waiting twenty years to see us, but she came to see us. Those old ladies came to have lunch, right, and we disturbed their lunch. Well, then don't take the raffle ticket that. If that makes them the B word, Matt, then God bless those poor old ladies.
Speaker 3: They win those Clippers tickets against the Rockets and they're singing a different too.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed, and it shocked me. I thought I was doing a radio show with d'Artagnan. Matt is wearing ug boots today and skinny jeans. S getting cold, which makes you know, the jeans go into the boot, which makes him look like he's in the Count of Monte Cristo. But my brother has boots like that. He's an artist. But this says the Arts of conversation. It sounds like Matt dipped into his wife's wardrobe or maybe his daughter's beach.
Speaker 3: Buddy money, that is, I am the last member of my family to purchase hugs.
Speaker 2: You're the only man.
Speaker 3: The girl, Well, I'm the only man in my family. All the girls, the wife, they have all had multiple pairs of ugs. I finally, I finally bit the bullet and got it.
Speaker 2: This year, this is about the man. Couldn't be happier. Uh yeah, you can see you're having a great day. Great day. A feeder war Another mayor pumped you guys again, that's not true. Punk bitch show of record is what you guys are now for Shame Dance Monthly.
Speaker 3: Had the Mayor's office not sent a very thoughtful, detailed response to Tim Kate's request, pointing out that we've been in Irvine seven times, that they need a two week heads up before they can come out, and that the next time we're in Irvine the mayor will join us. I'd feel a lot more like we got punked.
Speaker 2: Kate.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like that was lip service? So do you feel like they were sincere that, Hey, Larry's gonna come see you guys. I know he's eighty, but he's coming to see you.
Speaker 7: Oh, it was very sincere, and I appreciate the executive assistant there inside the Mayor's office for sending that very detailed and specific email back. My only pushback would be, hey, Chad GBT can write a proclamation in like ten seconds.
Speaker 2: We don't want that, No, we want a heartfelt one.
Speaker 3: But remember that same office sent us Farah Khan and Con had a great time with the petros and money show she did. She gave us pens that said from the office of far Con, we were very excited about that.
Speaker 2: This is in regards to the Brady Quinn interview we did. USC is not winning an aunts. Dan Lanning is crazy and we'll have that team on coke like cocaine cats. I don't think you put a whole football team on cocaine. I don't think you're gonna get the result that you think you're gonna get. Guys, it's gonna be just to be honest, I mean, I'm not saying I have a lot of experience with the drug, but just trust me. Well, are they continually doing cocaine through the entire game? Like a gummer? That's what I'm saying, Like, can we can we not?
Speaker 4: Just? Hey?
Speaker 3: Can I can I get a little gummer here for the third? You know cocaine IV, you could do it like the Knick style liquid cocaine. Oh, like an eye drop. Yes, this guy tackled me and then he tried to make out with me. He lost his inhibitions. We'll be right back with more great sports talk on m FI seventy l A sports word number, Song of the day, Hanging there, everybody, It's two Edamano Tuesday,