Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Well, Hi everybody, and welcome in.
Speaker 6: To Maulrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this Tuesday night, May nineteenth, as you're back to back World Series champion Dodgers are in San Diego as they continue their series against the Padres Dodgers twenty nine and nineteen on this season, they had their five game winning streak come to an end last night at the hands of the Padres. So the Dodgers a half game back in the division. Going to end to action tonight and sheen on the mound. First pitch from Petco Park is coming up at six forty. Between now and then, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Coming up in twenty minutes. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup tonight with Griffin Cannon on the mound for the Padres. David Vassi joins us throughout the hour. He goes one on one with Miguel Roga Rojas. Coming up in about forty five minutes, we got your Dodgers' magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner Shortley Kirsten Watson. We'll check in live from the field at Petco Park, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallop of four broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick monday Well. Last night was a pitcher's duel as Michael King and Yoshinobu Yamamoto went toe to toe for seven innings each and both pitched really good. Michael King seven shutout Indians, scattered just four hits along the way, struck out nine through one hundred pitches. Yoshinobu Yama mo win seven innings as well, but he got into trouble with the second batter he faced in the bottom of the first.
Speaker 3: X Hills on the mound. Now into his wind up onto horror flies at the left field. He asker her Nado is drifting back. He's at the wall. It's gone. He got on Duha a solo home run in a two strike count. His fourth home run of the season makes it one nothing. Padres in the first man, just what you were talking about? Is it for Yamamoto and the home run department? That's number nine.
Speaker 6: He left the split finger up and Yamamoto couldn't get away with it. There to Miguel Andrew Harr who hits a solo home run and the Padres led one to nothing. Meanwhile, Yamamoto just got into a better group as he went along, had some runners on, but not a lot, just two walks, two more hits after that eight strikeouts. He threw one hundred and seven pitches and would go the seven Indians on the flip side. Michael for the San Diego Padres was really good. King allowed two base runners in the first five innings on a single on a walk, but catcher Rodolfo Duran threw out both of those base runners, Mookie Betts and Shohyotani when they tried to steal second. It was back and forth. In fact, we mentioned the groove Yamamoto got into. He had five strikeouts. As they get towards the bottom half of the six, then he make it six.
Speaker 2: Two balls, two strikes. Yamamoto x hales.
Speaker 3: And delivers that's three got them swinging fastball by him at ninety seven back to back case seven in the game, it's a one, two, three, six inning for Yamamoto.
Speaker 2: He keeps the Dodgers within a run number.
Speaker 6: Six and seven there as he would finish with eight after seven innings of work. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, could not get anything going against Michael King and then they bring in the bullpen and the Dodgers and the sixth had an opportunity with runners on, could not score, and the seventh had an opportunity, could not score.
Speaker 4: In the eighth they could not score.
Speaker 6: Mason Miller finished the Padre five hitter in the fourth consecutive.
Speaker 4: Victory by pitching the ninth inty.
Speaker 6: Not before, though he walked the first two batters on nine pitches, he recovered to get three straights out for his major league leading fifteen save. As Andy Pajez grounded out to third to end the game. Padres a one nothing shutout win last night over the Dodgers a quick game at Petco Park, as the Padres get the win. Michael Kings seven Indians shutout baseball Yoshinobu Yamamoto seven innings give It's just the one run on three hits. They went toe to toe, but in the end Padres get the win and now a half game lead in the NL West at twenty nine and eighteen Dodgers twenty nine and nineteen overall on this season. As the Dodgers look to bounce back tonight and retake first place, Emmett Sheen on the mound, Game two of this three game set. First pitch is six forty and with more, let's head out to the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, No right, tim.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are back at it here a pet cole Park, getting their pre game work in to try and get back on the winning track that their five game winning streak snapped last night as the Padres won their fourth in a row and they've won seven of nine games in Mote. It's now San Diego in first place in the division that was a beautifully pitched ball game. The Dodgers had a few chances to come up with a big hit. They just couldn't get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but breakfast did not taste as good this morning. Being in second place half game, yes, but it's still in second place. The Dodgers, I think last night didn't talk to the guys about how they left the ballpark, but I imagine frustrated, disappointed, disappointed, frustrated from the standpoint, he said, Okay, the game won nothing going to the top of the ninth. Then he got the ace reliever, Mason Miller comes into the ballpark and he very promptly on eight consecutive pitches walks the first two batters the Dodgers send up in the ninth then and down by one run, but they could not move the runner from second base over to third or even from second base to home to tie the game. And they're very frustrated. Loss in game one of this series. I have to come back and do a better job. They had not really been knocking the cover off the ball and not trying to play on words there with runners in scoring position, They've had opportunities, and they had six such opportunities last night. Did not have a base hit at all. Does not help their cans.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought the play of the game was actually the challenge from Rodolfo Duran, the catcher in the ninth in it because Mason Miller did not have it.
Speaker 2: It was very obvious his body.
Speaker 3: Language is making it clear that he's not feeling it. And his second pitch to Will smith after throwing ball one, it was called ball two. Duran challenges it. It gets a strike. After that pitch, Miller threw the final twelve pitches of the game four strikes.
Speaker 7: Not only that, but after that challenge, the next pitch was a fastball right down the middle to Will Smithy. The Dodgers, in fact, had a lot of called strike three. It's on the last night's ball game Max Munsey two different times and the three punchouts that he hit and not playing the blame on Maxie at opportunities, so did some other people. On top of that, this is a ball club being the Dodgers that now they're looking up at a team that's very aggressive. But you scratch your head because while we talk about the Dodgers maybe lack of timely hitting, the Padres as a team are not hitting a lot. In fact, average of the team, they're thirtieth of all thirty teams, but they've come up with timely basis.
Speaker 3: It's such a fascinating start to the year for San Diego because they are in first place despite getting nothing, virtually nothing, and that's not really that much of an exaggeration from Tatis, from Machado and from Jackson Merrill. The fact that they have won twenty nine games without contributions from those three is remarkable, and we saw the biggest reason why they're pitching staff, especially in the back end of the bullpen. If it's a one run game or a two run game, the Padres are fourteen and five in those games. Meanwhile, the Dodgers are seven to ten.
Speaker 7: Yeah, gets buried too the Dodgers bullpen. They've gone eighteen consecutive scoreless innings combined.
Speaker 3: Well, it's gonna be a matter of if the Dodger offense could get back to form that they showed in Anaheim against a former Angel in Griffin Canning.
Speaker 2: The former UCLA bruin.
Speaker 3: Though has had the Dodgers' numbers in his six starts in his career. We'll see up tonight's any different in game two of this three game series.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you Nelly, as we count you down to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Dodger fans, get that game game meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order that Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We check in, of course with our Dodger insider David Vess. Throughout the hour we'll break down this pitching matchup. We got your Otani and Rewine and sports in Las Kirsten Watson live from the field at Petco Park when we returned. As we lead, jump to Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: From Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Padres are squaring off game two of this three game set from San Diego. Padres took the opener last night with a one nothing victory. Image She and Griffin Cannon the pitching matchup tonight. First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 3: At him out of the stretch. Oltani with a groundball base hit on the right field. Kim is gonna head from first to third, Tatis up and throwing two thirds.
Speaker 4: The play is wake.
Speaker 3: Jim slides in headlong safely and the tying run ninety feet away after all Tawani's second hit of the night show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Otani last night goes two for three with the walk on base three times. The Dodgers had five hits in the game. He had two of them. Unfortunately, as a team last night, the Dodgers over seven with runners in scoring position as they get shut out by the Padres one to nothing.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Karson now joins us from Beto Park before game two of this three game set and brought to you by Cars for Kids Dot Org.
Speaker 4: All right, Kirson, Dodgers lost last night.
Speaker 6: One to nothing, but they had their opportunities. Four straight innings had runners on base, but they just could not get that hit last night they needed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what you look at last night? It was a true pitchers duel. Obviously we saw Yoshamil Moto. He was excellent, only giving up that one home run in the first inning, and then for the Padres, I mean, that was it. Truly, that's the only piece of damage that unfortunately had a little bit more impact than you would have hoped for with them. On the Dodgers side, they had ten base runners, five hits. They did out hit the Padres. And so Dave roberts Day when he was talking about the offense, because if you look at this season, we have seen a bit of a u been down from the offense. They break out, then they're quiet, but they've been looking to have that consistency. And so Dave did say that considering the epfa's that he saw last night, considering seeing guys get on base whether and yes, there was a few unlucky situations, for example, the Kyle Tucker ball that was hard hit fall, but unfortunately they made a really good defensive play on it, getting the force out. So those types of situations, that's where you know you can take the positive. And so he feels optimistic heading into this one. They're going up against Griffin Canning. There is some familiarity, but also just kind of trying to see how can they best get to him. So it should be they said, it should be interesting. But he feels good as where the offense is right.
Speaker 6: Now speaking a good good news, the best news I guess you can get for a guy having elbow surgery today. In Blake Snell, it's it's the nano scope that he had done.
Speaker 8: He did have the nanoscope, so that is the procedure that we were really all introduced to this. It's what terreed Skoue Will underwent and to clean up some loose bodies in his pitching elbow. And so from my doctor perspective to kidding and just my own personal understanding as to what this looks like, it's it's the smaller needle that allows for less it's a less time to heal, essentially, because you don't have to push as many fluids into the part of the body that you're working on, it creates less inflammation. It's been allows for a faster healing process. So from our understanding that Dave Roberts has shared with us and just at the front office has said, for Blake, it sounds like his timetable to return, well, there's something in specific they're optimistic that he potentially could be ready before Edwin Diez. Obviously, for Edwin Diaz are looking at a second half of the season return. That feels safe to say for Lake Snell as well, just considering us to where we are in the season. But they feel really good. The procedure went well, so, like you said, it is best case scenario, and by going with the nano procedure or the nano needle, it just allows for a faster recovery timeline.
Speaker 4: Let's hope he can get back soon and get back in this Dodger's rotation. Curst Diill. We appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, David Veassego's one on one with Miguel Ross. But up next we get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts says.
Speaker 6: We leads up to Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday night. First bitch from San Diego at six forty I've sent cases back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, contin Huss.
Speaker 6: We are leading you up to first pitch from San Diego on this Tuesday night, Dodgers taking on the Padres Marongo Casino Resort and Spy.
Speaker 4: It's a grand slam for good times.
Speaker 9: Immit.
Speaker 4: Sheen on the mount. First pitch, set first six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented my UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Jack Dryer on the IEL with the left shoulder discomfort. Good news is Blake Snell had the surgery today. Three bodies removed from his left elbow, three chips removed from that left elbow. Yeah, the nanoscope procedures, so that cuts off a month of the recovery time. But still going to miss time recovering from that. But the surgery checked out well. More on that with David Vasse coming up. Tyler Glass now on the IL lower back spasms. Brock Strewed on the IL with the bone spurs in his left foot. Ed when Diaz, Tommy edmunberws are a graderol Bobby Miller been consparius. The list is long right now. Still for Dodgers who are hurt, let's head back out to pet Coll Park and check out the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 9: Anything else. Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 10: Roberts, I think more optimistic. I think that King had good stuff yesterday and for us to still create some opportunities, and you know, you look at the munkey ball, the Tucker play obviously, the show. Hey, that kind of wide throw from the catcher, there's some opportunities. And even in the ninth inning, we we you know, stranded a couple of guys, So I think that's encouraging. You know, we've seen Canning here over the years a little bit, so uh, it'll be interesting to see, you know, how he's come back from his surgery and things like that. But for our guy, I think Emmett is trending in the right direction. I think his last outing was the best one he had he's had all year, So it's gonna be fun to see him tonight.
Speaker 8: And that last one for Emmett once stood out to you, just making it the best one of the seasons.
Speaker 10: I think holding the fastball velocity I thought was was was a good thing. I thought, uh, he used the curve ball when he needed to. I thought the slider was was really a big pitch for him that that that game. And then also just the commanding of the fast So I think all elements in total, we're good.
Speaker 6: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. So as we get ready for game two of this three game set. When we continue here, I'm Arango Casino Dodgers on deck. We will check in with the David vat say as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres. Dodgers looking to bounce back after getting shut out one to nothing last night.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up in six forty. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Padres, Game two of the three game set from San Diego coming up in six forty. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by El Pato, born in La Made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, all the sauces and hot sauces right to your table El Poto Gourmet and.
Speaker 1: Again joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Sick all right, DV.
Speaker 6: Before we get to Blake Snell. The newest Dodger, Eric Lawer, has arrived.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say Dodger killer. Eric Lawer has arrived because you remember how well he pitched in Game three of the World Series last year and during the regular season with the Padres and Brewers. In his career, Eric Lower has a seven and two record against the Dodgers with an.
Speaker 4: Elray of under three.
Speaker 5: I asked him if it's weird being back in San Diego but wearing a Dodger uniform, and he admitted, yeah, it's a little strange. But the Dodgers want to bring Lawer in to maintain their six man rotation. But Lower, in his six starts this year with the Blue Jays, has an elray of over six, so there is work to be done to get him back on track.
Speaker 11: I think it's a couple's slight adjustments. I think it's a little bit of a you know, a mental break, a change of scenery I think is good for everybody every once in a while. But there's a few mechanical things that I definitely want to work on and that they've already kind of thrown out there as possibilities. So I think there's a there's a few different things that we can try and you know, mess around with tinker a little bit, but hopefully it all works. And you know, that's what I'm here to help the team win and any way I can. So it's pretty spot on as far as like what I was thinking, what I was feeling, and you know what I'm looking to do, what I think can get me back to where I was and just being the best version of myself. And they're very he's very open to what I think too, and that's what that's kind of That's the nice thing is it's a conversation. It's not just like, hey, do this, it's not a drill sergeant or anything. It's very it's very based on how I feel and what I want and what I think. So I think that's gonna be very helpful for me.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 5: There's the connection between Eric Lauer and the Dodgers. It's not Rodgers pitching coach Mark Pryor, who was his pitching coordinator here with the Padres when he first started in the Major League. So Mark Pryor and Eric Lauer already have a relationship and that should make the transition that much easier for the newest left hander who will start Tuesday at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: Tim David is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends of North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP if its category. It is time to see Ford in a new light. Going to your Southern California for dealers today, real quick. Dave blank Snell good news as far as the surgery today.
Speaker 5: Right, very good news. Doctor Neil Elatroge removed three bone chips via the nanoscope, which he performed on Tarrek Schooble. So Dave Roberts said the recovery time will be significantly less than it would have been if they were not able to perform this procedure. That doctor elatrosh has perfected over the course of the last year, so all good. If you have to go under this time for procedure and August September is very realistic for Snail's return.
Speaker 6: That is certainly great news. Thank you very much. DV still to come here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Miguel Rojas. Will check in with Charlie Steiner. But up next your Dodger's Magical Moment. Don't you go anywhere? Dodgers and Padres coming up first pitch of six forty. I'm Tim Kates' is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Padres. Amid Shean Griffin canning the pitching matchup Game two of this three game set. Dodgers half came back in the division. Going in first pitch of six forty.
Speaker 1: Dog who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Times.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers take it on the Padres. We go back to June eighteenth, last year, Dodgers Stadium was the scene. Dodgers down to the Padres and the ninth inning, Will Smith had the day off. Bud Dave Roberts said, we need you will get out there and pinch it and guess what you want it for him.
Speaker 3: Allowed and long strike for sure is now the O two pitch. Smith pushes the fly ball right center field. Tatis on their own hit the warning track.
Speaker 5: Hit the wall.
Speaker 4: It's gone, It's gone, and this game is over.
Speaker 3: Just got beyond the reach of for No No Tatis.
Speaker 2: Junior.
Speaker 4: Will Smith comes home and now we go home.
Speaker 2: They celebrate in front of the plate.
Speaker 4: Oh walk up home run for Will Smith.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers went in the ninth four to three.
Speaker 6: After just missing a home run foul, he hits it fair for a walk off home run to give the Dodgers a four to three win. His third career pinch hit walk off home run, passing our own Rick Monday for the most in franchise history. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffy so Cow's local Treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offfey hot Dogs, Local and so great, but we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from Rick and I'm Charlie Steiner, so he leave you up to first pitch. I'm Tim kats Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Dep This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: And then she and Griffin Cannon the pitching matchup. Time now for the.
Speaker 6: Verizon startup as we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the variation in store today. Let's check you out with Charlie Stater.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, getting ready for the second game of this three game series of Dodgers and Padres at Petco. Dating back to April sixth, either the Dodgers or the Padres have been in first place or second place in the National League West. This after the Padres won nothing win last night. Something about the Dodgers. Looking over the last month or so, they're five and five in their last ten ten and ten in the twenty games and fifteen and fifteen in their last thirty. Padres are beginning to heat it up, and they're at twenty nine and eighteen the Dodgers twenty nine and nineteen. So what is your takeaway of where the Dodgers are in what is now becoming a rivalry game?
Speaker 7: Though, well it's a rivalry game because the Dodgers are looking up in second place in a Western division, And as you were saying, yes, the and Andres just continue to roll right along. They've won seven of their last nine. If you go back to last year, you know the Dodgers had a better time against San Diego, going nine and four last year, but that was last year. The Dodgers, I think, had to leave last night really disappointed because they were down one to nothing. They go to the top of the ninth inning, they received back to back walks from one of the best closers this year in baseball at being Mason Miller. He walked two guys in a row, and the Dodgers could not move around the potential tie run, much less the goal ahead run in that ninth inning. So they've got a regroup. I think the hitting has been inconsistent. The starting pitching has not been as good the last three or four games as the bullpen has been. In fact, the bullpen last night another inning is scoreless. That's eighteen consecutive scoreless innings that the bullpen has worked. And for the Dodgers overall, they have just not come up with the big runs and timely hints to this point in recent times.
Speaker 12: How about Mason Miller. Of course, he walked Freeman and Tucker to begin the ninth Smith flied to center months he struck out, has grounded out so far this year in twenty two innings, two urn runs, ten hits, forty five, strikeout, six walks. He has an ERAF eighty six. And yes, it's very early in the season, but you did start to envision the possibility that Mason Miller will be in the race of the Cy Young Award at the end of the year if.
Speaker 7: The Padres continued to get themselves in position. You know, here's the other thing about the Pres too, Charlie. They're in first place in the Western Division, and not on their hitting. They're dead last in the National League in that area. It has been their pitching. It's also been timely hitting here and there. But they've got a bunch of guys that are hitting well in the middle of the pack, to say, at best as far as batting average goes. But they're not basing it just on powering the ball out of the ballpark. They just keep coming at you. They're finding different ways to win. And if you look at Mason Miller last night, he said that he got away from who he is for a moment, but he wound up throwing the last twelve pitches in the strike zone and wound up getting the three biggest outs that he's had so far this season and closing out. The Dodgers are one to nothing lost.
Speaker 12: Facing the Padres, you better have a lead heading into the sixth than because the Padres are twenty and two when leading after six, twenty one and one when leading after seven, twenty two and zero and leading after eight, and they're ninth fitting and beyond urn run average is zero point four to two. So you got to get them quick and early or they've got your where they want them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and for this Dodger bofflob but their bullpen's not giving up a lot of runs and mentioned the fact that eighteen consecutive scoreless innings that they have worked. But the Dodgers they can hit better than they're doing at this present time. Dave Roberts not changing the lineup today. The Oscar Hernandez still remains down in the lineup. He's banning eighth in the today's ball game. First time in a long time really, since opening Day, Andy pat has now has dropped below the three hundred mark. Now he's right there on the edge. He's a two ninety nine. But are people beginning to understand how to better pitch to this Dodger lineup? We're gonna wait and see how it works out tonight too.
Speaker 12: We have the two teams who are the best statistically speaking on defense. They have made each just fifteen errors on the year. It's the fewest in Major League Baseball. Two best defensive teams happening at it tonight as well. Emmit Shean and Griffin Canning are the starters. Why ups at first pitch coming up?
Speaker 4: All right? Thank you, Charlie. Great to hear from you.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com. Slash us Ima Shean starting to get loose, Griffin Canning warm it up in the bullpen as we are getting closer to first pitch Dodgers m Padres from San Diego on this Tuesday night, I'm next. We go high and Tight with Miguel Rojas. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio numbers.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers ontach on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and San Diego as they continue to the series with the Padres image and Griffin Cannon. The pitching matchup Game two of this three game set Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Padres and San Diego. It's always exciting.
Speaker 9: Miguel Rojas has been.
Speaker 5: Part of this for a while now and he joins us as we get ready for first pitch. Mickey, thanks a lot for the time. You always got beautiful swag even during warm ups.
Speaker 13: Yeah, trying to trying to stay up with the with the style.
Speaker 9: But no, you said, we've been playing really good baseball.
Speaker 13: Excited to come here to San Diego and h and face the patters for the first time of the year.
Speaker 9: It's always a special series.
Speaker 13: We all know the river Y the last couple of years, and uh, obviously the fans get all excited and top two for these years.
Speaker 5: And you feel the energy in the streets when you're walking around in the afternoon or when you're coming to the ballpark.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's hard not to.
Speaker 13: You know, a lot of fans around it, a lot of excitement, you know. Uh, the whole media kind of like put it out there for us. It's obviously we're in the middle of May. We're trying to grind every single day, trying to get better, trying to take care of the things that we have to take care of inside the loger room and and everybody separately grinding to kind of get to the best place that they can be. But at the end of the day, we all live through the fence and the excitement around the league for this kind of series, and it's always it's always good to get a to get the excited the excited series during the during the middle of the year, because this is the only way that you can actually get ready for October and what you want to accomplish, which is winning our war series.
Speaker 5: Miguel Rojas is our guest before first pitch between the Dodgers and Padres. Dave Roberts has said this a couple of times during the last few days, how you guys are starting to earn the counts that you're getting and that's part of the reason why you're having success. Does that resonate with you as far as earning counts to be able to get into a hitter's advantage.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 13: I feel like we've been doing a better job understanding what the pitcher is trying to do to us, not trying to be one dimensional kind of offense, just so like waiting for one of our big guys to hit a home run and driving into runs and for us to win the game just because of pitching. It's being so good. We're being way more diligent on a student what he's doing in the game more than just a the approach that we have before the game starts, because sometimes we started this guy and see how they pitched the up the the like the different opponents. But it's not we are not the same. You know, sometimes he's gonna try to do something different, and watching the game and paying attention to what he's doing, it's being paid off. You know, we faced a really good pitcher on Saturday night and the guys did an amazing job.
Speaker 9: I was just watching on the bench and.
Speaker 13: How how good the approach was with when the game started to go to the third and fourteen, and you know, the guys have put better at bats in the second time through because they they see it. They saw that they were he wasn't gonna just give in and given strikes to hit early in the count, and you see a lot of guys walk, a lot of guys took.
Speaker 9: Hit by pitches.
Speaker 13: Uh extended at bats and then we just want hit later. We scored two runs and we blew the game open. So it was really good to see that series the last two games against San Francisco, and obviously when when we're winning, it's a little bit easier to talk about this stuff, but definitely dog is seen in the same way that we're feeling it when we're playing.
Speaker 5: I heard the Blue Jays say that there's being pitched so much differently this year than they were last year. Do you feel like you guys are being pitched differently than other teams or differently than a year ago.
Speaker 13: I just feel like everybody, everybody is different when they step up to a player, and I think these guys are trying not to make mistakes against us, and they're.
Speaker 9: Trying to be really careful, and sometimes they're.
Speaker 13: Not in son as much as we try.
Speaker 9: Them to be. Uh there, it seems like they don't care if they walk a couple of guys, you know, so.
Speaker 13: We need to be able to realize that that's what they're trying to do. Take our walks and then let the guy behind you kind of like swing the body if he needs to, you know. And that's what it's been joined. It's been joined way more people on base, and that's when you get the production, you know, not just because of the three room homer that Pah said, or or you know, like a back to back home runs here and there. It's just like constantly having meinum base and then you don't have that, you don't have to get a.
Speaker 9: Hit in that situation.
Speaker 13: You can get you can get a sackfly, you can walk, you can you can do so many things. And that's what I'm talking about when I'm talking about one dimensional way to to score runs. But right now it feels like it's.
Speaker 9: A little bit more complete offense, not.
Speaker 13: Just a guy that can actually leave the ball, PA or another couple guys that are having a good game, and that's why we're winning. But obviously hoving show here like getting better at bats, a talker and all those guys is obviously gonna help our offense get better.
Speaker 5: To Miguel Rojas is our guest. Before I let you go, I read that you've talked about maybe coming back next year off the Dodgers three peat. But I do follow you on Instagram, very popular Instagram account for Miguel Rojas. And after you put your collage photos, the caption at the end said last dance Mickey Row. So where do you stand on all that as far as leaving the door open for returning to playing next year.
Speaker 9: This is my last year.
Speaker 13: That's that's something that I that I always that I said last year, this is going to be my last year playing professional baseball, and kind of like that's the way that I want to see it, you know.
Speaker 9: I want to see us.
Speaker 13: Coming every single day knowing that that was my last time playing and then your stadium or or this is my last time playing in this series for you know, for for my career. Uh, there's one possibility, and it's like winning another championship. I'm gonna have to sit down with my wife and realize and see what is out there for me, especially with this organization, because I would I wouldn't play for any other team that is not the Dodgers. At this point of my life and my career, my decision is already made that I wanted to go. I wanted to go home, and I want to start pursuing the next chapter of my life and my my professional career, which is helping this team from another standpoint or from another role. So that's that's the signer, you know, the only way that I will have a conversation, and this is not one hundred percent, and it have to be both ways kind of like one in the same thing, you know, because I don't know, I don't know what the what the team is gonna want for next year in my position.
Speaker 9: And all that. And it's not just me saying that, yeah, I want to come.
Speaker 13: Back if we win, because they might have a different, you know, a different way to go.
Speaker 9: So for me, it's just like, if we win this year, it.
Speaker 13: Will be really hard not to have a conversation with my family.
Speaker 9: To trying to get something for next year.
Speaker 13: But I'm focusing on on this year and enjoying my last time playing baseball because something that I know, as hard as we want, as hard as we work, nothing is guaranteeing this work, and we have to earn everything that we.
Speaker 9: That we accomplished.
Speaker 13: So I'm really humble about that because I mean, even though we won the last couple of hours years, in one of them, we were one out away from losing it.
Speaker 9: And it will be a friend conversation.
Speaker 13: I might not have a job, you know, like if I if I didn't hit that homer. So I'd rather wait until like this the season is over and then make conclusions after you after.
Speaker 9: The year's old.
Speaker 5: Winning is addicting, that's for sure. Miguel Rojas knows all about that. A back to back World Series champion with the Dodgers. You've earned everything you've gotten, Miguel, and the game has rewarded you. And last dance, Mickey Row, I love it and we will all savor it. And you have it on the glove too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's on my glove.
Speaker 13: It's all over the place because I really wanna, I really want to enjoy it. And uh, I think I decided it too. I like, I like being humble and all that, but I feel like my career have been a little bit different than than what everybody expected. So I'm really proud of myself and I'm really.
Speaker 9: Enjoying this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometown's looking good, the game's looking good, the shoes are looking good. Everything's great for Miguel Rojas and the Dodgers. Thank you so much for the time.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you. There it goes.
Speaker 5: Miguel Rojas has been our guest, and go receive a gift card to Hobby Airs. You may see him in Pasadena, you may see him in downtown. You never know where. You may see Javiers and Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 9: We'll send it back to in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you, Miguel, Rojas as well. Lead you out to first pitch. Dodgers and Padres coming up. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. It's a battle for the NL West Dodgers and Padres from pet Go Park. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Padres squaring off Game two of this three game set. Dodgers half game back from San Diego, going into play and win.
Speaker 4: We'll put it back into first first pitch at six forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 4: Matchups brought to you. Buy your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Riffing Canyon on the Mount zero and two to ten sixty four ERA thirty year old right hander out of UCLA. He's an Orange County kid, change up four seeing fastball slider. His eighth season in the Big league's first six was with the Angels.
Speaker 4: Last year is with the Mets.
Speaker 6: It was the midst of a career season with New York but before he suffered a ruptured left achilles tendont last June missed the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: Missed the first six weeks of this season.
Speaker 6: Returning from that injury, making his fourth start last time out one and two third innings, six runs, five hits, four walks, and a tough loss to the Brewers. Making his seventh career start against the Dodgers, He's three to one with a two to twenty batting average against Dodgers. Faced some June fourth last year at Dodger Stadium, six innings, allowed three hits and struck out seven. Emmett Shean on the mound for the Blue three and one four to fifty four ERA twenty six year old right hander in his fourth season now and healthy and a part of this rotation, a big part, making his ninth start last time out six innings, two runs, two hit, six strikeouts in a win over the San Francisco Giants. He has faced the Padres just once in his career, that was June eighteenth last year. Did not factor in the decision after he went four innings, one run, ball, striking out six without issuing a walk. Emmett Shean, Griffin Canning Dodgers and Padres were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys in the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audi your network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hits the Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday nine. As we get closer to the first pitch, emit Shean and Griffin canning on the mound, both pitchers warming up at Petco Park as we speak, getting ready for first pitch at six point forty and the start of the game with Sapporo. Start, Yes, great moments, Start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference. Saporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Soaporo good with sushi, great with baseball. The Dodgers and Padres. One game separates them in the standings Padres twenty nine and eighteen, Dodgers twenty nine and nineteen. Dodgers half game back going into play tonight, but things can change with the win over the Padres. Before first pitch, let's heat back out to the booth, Steven Nelson, then Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, all right, TC, first pitch at Petco Park will be coming up in just a few moments. The Dodgers and Padres for the second time in this three game series. Obviously, San Diego won last night to leapfrog the Dodgers by a half game in the National League West. The Dodgers looking to punch back. It'll be emmachi In for the Dodgers and the former UCLA bruin Griffin Canning for the Padres. So mop as you survey the lineups, give me a key or a player to watch.
Speaker 7: I think the key today in both of these starting pitchers the first pitch of it at bat. Here's why I say that. If we look at Canning first pitch in the bat the last two years, a four to eighteen batting average against. That's the first pitch. Now, what about Emmett Shean. They say first pitch strike is the best thing. Does he throw too many first pitch strikes? He's done it seventy two percent of the time over the last three starts, and overall he's used the fast ball seventy three percent. Now, if you put the two numbers together. What tells me is a hit. I'm going to see first pitch fastball seventy three percent of the time. As a hitter, I would like those odds.
Speaker 3: We'll see if shohey Otani is looking to ambush for the very first pitch of the game, which is coming up in just a few moments.
Speaker 2: Tim will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, guys. Don't forget when this game is over.
Speaker 6: David Massy has got you cover with all the postgame festivities, all the reaction, the highlights, and of course Dodger talk as well. Dodgers a half game back going the division.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: Last night, a one nothing shutout over the Blue. The Padre's got to win. Great pitching matchup last night. We expect the same tonight, but the Dodgers offense needs to come alive over seven runners in scoring position last night. Let's get those runs in tonight and get a fake tree over the Padres first pinches coming up next, and join everybody. I'm Tim Kaanson, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network