Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Well, the last twenty hours, I've spent a lot of time with Will kleinb Will Klein and I.
Speaker 1: We're on a bus to the Senate Building.
Speaker 2: Will Klein and I were together at the Oval Office, the White House, and Will Klein.
Speaker 1: Is in the clubhouse at City Field.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Will, thanks a lot for the time, and I apologize for spending so much time with you the last twenty hours.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me ahead of Blast hanging out.
Speaker 2: What was it like, I mean, here we are in the middle of July. You guys are trying to th repeete, and yesterday was a pause, kind of an out of body experience where you're being celebrated for last year's championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 4: I mean getting to kind of come together, like look back at it because we're i mean so focused on doing again this year, but to kind of reminisce I mean, Kersh was there and we kind of got to, you know, celebrate that all together again. So that was, you know, cool to be able to like take our minds off this year a little bit. You know, it's kind of flown by already and just kind of reminisced about, you know, how cool and fun and you know stressful last year was, and you know, celebrate a little bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, you guys are so good at being in the moment and where your feet are. You never allow yourselves to look back at last year. So what was it like a team that is so in the moment to allow yourselves for a day to look back to last October?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was weird because I mean it's hard to even look back at you know, a month, a week ago, like you're so caught up in like what do we.
Speaker 3: Have to do today?
Speaker 4: And so yeah, just take a step away and like appreciate. It's kind of like everything around us was like frozen for a little bit, and you're like able to you know, be with those guys and you know talk about kind of you know how last year was, and you know, relive a little bit.
Speaker 3: And so that was that was cool.
Speaker 4: And kind of like a little break from the season a little bit.
Speaker 2: Like you said, one of the highlights of yesterday was getting to see Clayton Krushaw again. What was it like to hang out and talk shop and catch up on this year with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was great to see him and talk to him a little bit. I know he's i mean, he watches our games and you know, one of the first things he asked me is why I was throwing side arm this year.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna work on not doing that. I think.
Speaker 4: I think that just means my arms soft dropped a little bit, so you're gonna definitely. I mean, that was good to hear because it's i mean, might help throwing over.
Speaker 3: The top again, so that'll be good.
Speaker 4: But just I'm just hearing him and like getting to hear like what he's been doing. You know, now he's away from playing baseball and you know everything, Like I'm sure it's a lot less stress, uh, you know, being away, being away, but I'm sure I'm sure he missed it and stuff. But it's cool to have him around and you know, see him with the guys again.
Speaker 2: Once he gives you like that cue about where your arm slot is, did you go in to look at it right away today?
Speaker 3: I mean I see, like, I definitely drop it.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know when I try to throw my sweeper sometimes and that's like kind of takes me out of my throat a little bit, and so I think that's you know, that can contribute to some issues on other pitches as well if it if it, you know, messes with that, and so I think that's one thing that like, it's I have to fight when I throw that pitch, stay in my natural and so for him to notice it and like say something like must mean it's going definitely the wrong way. And so just being able to like hear that and say okay, like I was doing like it correctly, you know early on. I think I just got a little bit away from it now and so just hearing that and be like, all right, you really need to focus on getting.
Speaker 3: Back to it. Well, I mean that'll that'll help us to get to hear love it.
Speaker 2: Clayton Kershaw doing some pitching coaching at the White House yesterday. Will Klein is our guest as we get ready for first pitch between the Dodgers and Mets. Has it hit you and your teammates that you've been in three different cities within twenty four hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The travel, The travel is definitely a lot, uh. I mean, because if you had the night game and Philly flew to DC, woke up, did the Senate White House and then flew back here last night, so it's kind of a whirlwind. But I mean I feel like yesterday kind of kind of flew by all we already kind of forgot about it a little bit, but and now we're now we're here ready to play another game. So yeah, it's it's kind of crazy getting to travel all over the place. And you know, I don't if I wasn't playing baseball, would be kind of like my wife traveled with us for like one of the first times and she's like, I don't know how you guys do it. Yeah, I think it's just like part of the game now, Like I mean, just bouncing all over the place, and so I don't even think about it until you mentioned. Yeah, three cities in like twenty four hours, So it's it's pretty crazy, but you know it's fun. They're cool cities.
Speaker 2: Hey, I love being with the rock Stars, the back to back world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Will climb before I let you go.
Speaker 2: Your bullpen Mets, Tanner Scott and Alex Vesia are trying to get me to agree on Sunday before the game for an hour to put on this like icy hot, red hot thing on.
Speaker 3: My back they're asking you to put cheese on your back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you advise me to take that bet or to stay away?
Speaker 3: Would they offer.
Speaker 2: You, uh, you know a certain amount of money that's less than a thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I would love to see you try it. I think it'd be really funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but painful and bad for my health.
Speaker 4: No, they put I mean we all put it on for a reason. It helps you know, it helps you feel better. Okay, it's pain relief.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I got some pain today.
Speaker 2: Will climb. Thank you for the advice. I'm not sure I'm sold yet, but I'll let you know.
Speaker 3: You might as well it be. I mean, it'd be funny regardless.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm here for your amusement to keep things light on the final leg of this nine game road trip. Thanks a lot for the time, and it was great hanging out yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well I had a blast.