Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 3: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and good morning.
Speaker 5: Welcome in to Molrongo Casino Dodgers on deck here Official Dodgers pregame show on this Sunday, June the fourteenth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers forty five and twenty six on the season, first place atop the NL West. After taking two of three in Pittsburgh to start the road trip, the Dodgers now go for the series winning Chicago today in the final game of this Roady Emmit she and on the Mount first pitching rate field, although the south side of Chicago's coming up at eleven ten between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from show Hey Otani. We'll preview this pitching matchup. Of course, David Vasego's one on what with Jason Hayward. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We got the latest Dodgers' injury news. Charlie Steiner will join us coming up at about thirty minutes. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA, and in just a few minutes we all head out to the Galloping Forward broadcast booth. And here from Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, yesterday, so close, Yamamoto came to be imperfect, but in the end the Dodgers still got the w and he got a lot of run support yesterday, something Yamamoto has not.
Speaker 4: Gotten a lot of over his brief career.
Speaker 5: Now in the major leagues, his third year with the Dodgers, and he got it instantly. Second pitch of the game, Show Hey Otani, a home run to right field as the Dodgers took a one to nothing lead on home run number fourteen for Otani. But they weren't done. A few batters later, up came Max Munsey.
Speaker 2: Stretching the three to zero pitch, Mounts swings.
Speaker 1: He hits a drive to right field and teeth this ball back. This ball's gone.
Speaker 2: Maxwell swinging the sober hammer in the Windy City and it's three nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 4: He ran number fifteen for Munsie.
Speaker 6: And evidently Max is feeling better as well.
Speaker 2: That was an absolute no doubter fastball right down the middle, four hundred and fifteen feet.
Speaker 5: Max Mounsey with the two run home run in the first inning, and that was home run number fifteen on this season. Dodgers an instant three to nothing lead before the White Sox would even batch, but the Chicago offense limited yesterday.
Speaker 4: More on that.
Speaker 5: In the second is Kyle Tucker and the third added to the Dodgers' lead with an RBI single, scoring Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: Dodgers with a four nothing lead, and then in the six.
Speaker 5: They basis loaded walk to Kyle Tucker brought him to the Dodgers' fifth run of the game. They were up five to nothing. Meanwhile, Yoshinobu Yamamoto was cruising. He was retiring batter after batter, putting Zeros up on the scoreboard, and he was working on a no no through four, working on a no no through five, then through six, then through seven. In the top of the eighth inning, Max Munsey would add to the Dodgers lead with his second home run of the game, a two run shot to center that made it a seven to nothing Dodgers lead. On the sixteenth home run of the season by Max Munsey. Yamamoto retired the first twenty three batters before Chase Mydraw reached on a two out air from shortstop Mookie Bets in the eighth inning.
Speaker 4: Perfect game over.
Speaker 5: Jacob Gonzalez then bounced out to second that into the eighth inning, so Yamamoto three outs away from a no Note it was electra electric in Chicago as the fans were anticipating possibly a no hitter for the Dodgers, the first solo no hitter since Clayton Kershaw did it back in twenty fourteen, when Tristan Peters led off the bottom of.
Speaker 2: The ninth the twenty three no hitter, he the most of any Major League franchise, the White Sox with the second most They've got twenty.
Speaker 1: This ball's hit.
Speaker 2: Hard and down the right field line, and it is gone. It's a home run for Peters. The no hitter is gone, the shutout is gone. As Peters hits his third home run of this season. He got a fastball middle middle and hit it out to make it a seven to one ball game.
Speaker 5: No hitter over on a solo home run from Tristan Peters just inside the foul pull down the right field line, a ninety six mile an hour fastball taken deep. As the no hit bid comes to an end, Yamamoto would go on to face one more batter, eight and a third one run, just the one hit, seven strikeouts, zero walks, one hundred and nine pitches for Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: Alex Vesi got the final two outs of the game.
Speaker 5: Yamamoto so close to perfection, so close to a no hitter, he gets the win, though he's now seven to four on this season. Dodgers get the seven to one victory as don't look now, Mookie Betts three for five, couple of home runs, show Hey Otani on base four different times with they hit three walks, and how about Mookie Betts three hits yesterday? Maybe he's starting to get closer to turn things around offensively. Dodgers now go for the series win today at Rate Field in Chicago. They said at forty five and twenty six. Emmitt Sheen on the mound. Quick turnaround from yesterday first pitch at eleven ten and with more we head out to the galpin Ford Broadcast booth as welcome in, Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Nice afternoon for baseball on the South side of Chicago, White Sox hosting the Dodgers in this interleague series, final game of it even at a game a piece rubber game. Today features emmittt Shean, the right hander, pitching against Brian Hudson. He will start as the opener. Eric Fetti will follow as the bulk guy. The White Sox thirty seven and thirty two, the Dodgers forty five and twenty six, remaining eight games in front of the pondres in the National League Western Division. Now, before we get more on today, got to really reflect on yesterday the absolute piece of art that Yoshinova Yamamoto put out there on the mound, retiring twenty three straight backed up to retiring twenty two straight angels in his previous start, so forty five in a row. That is the second best all time, tied with Mark Burley and Yosmera Petit in twenty fourteen had retired forty six in a row for the major league record. But Yamamoto was absolutely sensational in every way yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the crowd on the edge of the seats. I mean, there was an air with two outs in the bottom of the eighth inning that took away the possibility of the perfect game. And then the leadoff home run in the bottom of the ninth on the fastball of pretty much down the middle to Tristan Peters. But all in all, I mean just sensational what he was able to do. I mean we mentioned before the ballgame when Yamamoto has gotten a head in counts just a one thirty eight batting average against. Well, he was ahead and the count only four times he had to go a three ball count in the ballgame. And now you look at Yamamoto the last thirty five and two thirds innings, He's allowed just a one forty four batting average against. He is really something to watch.
Speaker 2: Sensational seven and four now for Yamamoto as he puts that game behind him and looks ahead to his next start, and the Dodgers looking ahead to today, show Hey Otani with a home run yesterday, got on base three other times. He's walked three times. Max Munsey had a multi home run game, his fourth multi home run game of the season, and Mookie Betts had three hits. Mooki's still under two hundred, but getting a little closer at one ninety four to start action today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and for BET's better swings. We made mention of that. Really on this road trip. Even in Pittsburgh, a couple of line drives hit right at people, so he had the three hissage in mintioned for Munsie. Besides the three hints had a couple. He should have been tired after the game because he's on base all five times. And I think also Otani answered the question how's your knee feel well the second pitch of the ballgame yesterday, hit the home run, walked three different times himself. So all in all, the Dodgers said, would love, obviously to have the victory and have a happy flight on the way home, although it would not be with Dave Roberts because Dave Roberts is attending the graduation of his daughter today.
Speaker 2: That's right, Amy Roberts is graduating from Stanford. Dave is there, He said, he's going to check in after the game. He's going to be checked out during the game, taking care of a family. But Danny Layman will have the rains this afternoon in Chicago. So the Dodgers taking all the Chicago White Sox, hoping to win a series on the road and come back with a four to two road record as they get set for a game tomorrow against the Tampa Bay Rays. But today it's the White Sox and the Dodgers from rate field.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we cut you down to first bitch on this guys, what are you doing for lunch? Start making those plans right now, so we count you down to first pitch. Get your game to a meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor or your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from show Hey Otani, we got your Otani. Rewind You're also gonna hear from Jason Hayward. He goes one on one with David Vez. Say, DV, of course we'll check.
Speaker 4: In with us. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner, your magical moment.
Speaker 5: Your injury report up next, So Kirsten Watson stops by. We're leaning up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers on the South side of Chicago as they finished up this road trip looking for a series win against the White Sox. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers in White Sox wrapping up this three game series, final game of this road trip.
Speaker 4: Im and Sheen will go for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Left hander Brian Hudson will serve as the opener for the White Sox. First pitch from Ryfield coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 2: Rewhy Bank of America, the official bank of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Otani swins Hammers.
Speaker 2: One deep right, failed con one nothing instant offense for shaw Hey O'tani. That is his twenty ninth career leadoff home run his fifth season, is twenty third with the Dodgers, and his two hundred and ninety second career home run in the blink of an eye. The Dodgers have a one nothing leave.
Speaker 4: I guess his knee feels better. I guess it does.
Speaker 5: Now hitting three h five on the season, his fourteenth home run of the year for show Hey o'tani as he goes one for three yesterday, but also on base three more times via the Walk Show. Hey Otani Now in the month of June is hitting four thirty six. He's got four home runs, three doubles of triple three or ten RBIs ten walks.
Speaker 4: He's got an on base.
Speaker 5: Percentage of five point fifty one and an ops of fourteen hundred.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kirston now joins us from Chicago. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Dont now Carsfrokids dot Org. That's Cars with the k Dodgers going for the series win today on the South Side, but without their manager Kirson.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's gonna look a little bit different than the Dodgers dug out today. So Dave Roberts, his youngest daughter, Emmy is going to be graduating. She is graduating from Stanford. So he left last night after the game was able to get to the Bay Area so that he could be there for his daughter and with his family as she graduates. So you know, he's made it so clear when it comes to this team and even now what we're seeing in the league, there is opportunity for very important moments in regard to their families. Obviously we don't have the attorney list guy step away for the birth of their children. There is a briefman of things. Obviously if somebody passes and their family, they need to be there. So for this, we've seen Dino Ebel be at the graduation in the high school graduation of his boys, and so now for Dave just to be at his daughters graduation so special. So that means that Danny Lehman is going to be stepping in as the manager. And Dave said he of course has got it under control. He will not be available during graduation, but he looks forward to opening up his phone and seeing a Dodgers win later today.
Speaker 5: Hopefully the Dodgers can get it out there with the series win like they did before that in Pittsburgh. And one guy really heating up and helping out this Dodgers' offense is Max Maisey.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Max has been essentially red hot. If you look at his last ten games. Last night he wins three for three with the two home runs. And you know, when I was talking to Max ahead of the game yesterday, not only were we talking about the All Star Game, but we were talking just about where things look like for him right now. Offensively, he's having one of his best career seasons ever. And you know, he was saying, there's been a few injuries, of course this year. We saw the collision in Arizona, of course, getting hit by a pitch on his wrist, and he said, after that hit by a pitch, it took a little bit of time for him to really kind of just get his wrist to feel better and to be healthy. And he said with that he felt like he was missing kind of like the flick of his wrist in his swing. Now that that is back, he's seeing just not only the power come back, to slug comeback, but everything just being more in sync. So he's someone who he put in a lot of work this offseason. We talked to it during spring how he came in slimmer. He's been doing so many things amazing defensively at third base. So he put himself in a position because not that he's typically someone who has personal goals, but this year he did set a goal to be named an All Star. He would love to share this experience with his three children now, and so he wants that vote. The voting is open. Let me say it again, the voting is open right now. He wants it, and he would love to also see Andy Pahez alongside him in the game. So you know, they're putting up amazing numbers and they're very deserving of it. But Max ultimately is feeling very very good right now. I'm looking to keep it going.
Speaker 5: Dodgers dot Com slash vote get all of them to if you have for the Midsummer Classic here so we appreciate it.
Speaker 4: We'll check out you after the game.
Speaker 5: Still they come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll preview this pitchy matchup. We'll also check in with David Veasy. Of course, Charlie Steiner joins us in just a little bit. We got your injury report though. Next and we'll hear from show A O Tawny Dodgers and White Sox on the final day from Chicago.
Speaker 4: First pitch at eleven ten.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 5: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday morning as we lead jump to first pitch from Chicago Dodgers and White Sox Marongo Casino Resort and spot a grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 4: Imman Sheena on the Mountain.
Speaker 5: Opener Brian Hudson will go for Chicago, follow by Eric Fetti. First pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 5: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Miguel Rojas says he's been playing through a shitty issue the last few days.
Speaker 4: Felt it yesterday.
Speaker 5: During the game. That's why he came out early, but he said he's available if needed today. Will Smith on the IEL the next inflammation Tasker. Hernandez on the IEL to the left hamstring strain, Key k Hernandez on the IL with the left oblique injury. Blake snell Is on the sixty day IL as he continues to work his way back from the bodies removed from his elbow. Brock Stewart on a minor league rehab assignment. He's working his way back. That is good news. Edwin Diaz also has started baseball activities, coming back from elbow surgery and keeping an eye on Tommy Edmund on the sixty day IL hasn't played in a game yet, still cover recovering from offseason ankle surgery. He's eligible to come off the IL on it Tuesday. Well, last night, the Dodgers got a big win over the White Sox. Of course, Yamamoto almost had a perfect game, almost had a no hitter, show Io Tani on base four times including the home run, and afterwards talk to the media.
Speaker 2: Do you know what consted and is it related at all to what he went through with the surgery.
Speaker 8: In twenty nineteen?
Speaker 9: Gain what the shoots cut up?
Speaker 4: Thank god?
Speaker 9: Game?
Speaker 5: And I know that.
Speaker 1: Skile also.
Speaker 9: That it's actually hard to pinpoint at what moment this happened. All I can really know for sure is that I think my mechanics wasn't quite great in terms of my pitching side, so I believe that had something to do with this.
Speaker 10: Did you feel anything throwing today, and what's your level of confidence that you'll be able to start on the mountain Wednesday.
Speaker 11: Tom is gone. It's juven uh. I'll city talking to them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it wasn't one hundred percent today, but I you know, with the next three four days, I feel pretty confident with enough recovery that I should be able to make the next start.
Speaker 4: All right, there's show.
Speaker 5: Hey Otani, He's gonna get his next start and should be good to go on Wednesday in the series finale coming up in the next series against the Tampa Bay Race. And the good news is that inflammation in the left knee sounds like it's not going to bother him. As we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we check out with David Bes say, we're leading you up to Dodgers and White Sox on this Sunday from the South side of Chicago. I'm Tim Kats, the back to back world champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers in White Sox on this Sundays. They wrap up this three game series wrap up this six game a road trip as well before heading home for a home stand.
Speaker 4: Imachine on the Mount. First pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 5: Todgers Baseball brought to by Al Patel, born in La and made for your game. Dale Potel brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas, and hot sauces right to your plate every single time, El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim kats On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse right, DV.
Speaker 5: It's happened one time in the history of the Dodgers, a perfect game that of course Andy Kofax, and we almost saw another one yesterday.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it came so close in the eighth inning to allow Yamamoto to take a perfect game into the ninth inning. No guarantees it would have happened, but Tristan Peters broke up the no hitter and the shutout as well in that ninth inning with the leadoff home run. Yamamoto phenomenal enough said as far as that goes, but you gotta give the catcher a little bit of the credit. Not getting in the way and being there with him, and that was Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean everything was on makes things little easier on you. He got to check one a lot from a heading side. That's very hard to battle lot of a hole against a guy like that with six different pitches. And yeah, obviously I can't say anything else other than it was really, really, really fun to work with him today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So Dalton Rushing obviously felt the weight of what was having, what was going on, and felt the weight of wanting it and being part of it. For Yama Moto, here's something else to remember. Tim Yamamoto pitched so great yesterday, taking that perfect game into the eighth inning, had the perfect game with two outs in the eighth inning. The last time the Dodgers played on the South side of Chicago was in twenty twenty four, and that's when Gavin Stone pitched a complete game shutout. So there's been two memorable pitching performances in recent Dodger history against the White.
Speaker 5: Sox certainly been impressive. What they've done on the South side. David, we appreciate it. We will check with you. I'm just a little bit David brought you by Ford here for those who build America. Thus, who will drive America four for two, hunred and fifty years to come? Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing everyone American value for American values. Go you're Southern California forty dealers today and visit by for now dot Com. Still they come here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from Jason Hayward. We'll break down this pitching match up. We got your Dodgers magical moment though, when we come back Dodgers and White Sox from Chicago.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 5: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers wrapping up this three game series in Chicago's they take on the White Sox going for the series win. Image She and leftender Brian Hudson will serve as the opener for Chicago. First pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 1: Dog at Dog, who wants the hot co It's time for the hawfing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented Bye he Hot till Well.
Speaker 5: With the Dodgers taking on the White Sox. We go back to nineteen fifty nine, when these two franchises squared off in the World Series Game six in Chicago. The Dodgers would win the championship.
Speaker 8: No pitch by ball left center. This might be it backing off as a short stop. Vally Moan is gonna got it, Moon is under and that's it. The Dodgers are the champions of the World. The Dodgers, for the second time in ten World Series meetings against America League competition, have come on to win and are the happy Gang. As a runout the pet Larry Sherry the winner on the back o ons no hits, nobody left on the final scar Los Angeles line the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 4: Three by Sam with the call.
Speaker 5: Relief pitcher Larry Sherry was voted Most Valuable Player of that World Series after finishing with the two to zero record, two saves, five strikeouts, a sub one ERA and only allowing one earned run off eight hits in twelve and two third Indians pitches. The Dodgers win Game six of the nineteen to fifty nine World Series by a final of nine to three. For the Dodgers, it was the franchise's second title in the first since moving out west from Brooklyn. That is your Hofey Magical moment, brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffey soak Ow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey Hot Talks local and so great. Well wait continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with Charlie Steiner for leading up to first pitch from the South Side of Chicago. Dodgers and White Sox. I'm Tim Kats' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. I'm your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 5: Law, Dodgers, White Sox from Chicago and and Sheen on the mound. Looking to bounce back from his last outing. Left hander Brian Hudson will serve as the opener for Chicago. Time now for the Brison startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cal Verizon store today. We say good morning to Charlie Steyner.
Speaker 13: All right, Tim, the Dodgers ready to go home after the final game of the series with the White Sox after the seven to one win last night. Story not so much the win, but Yoshi Yamamoto mo.
Speaker 6: Boll and that was just an incredible ballgame. I mean, you're three ounces away from a no hitter, the perfect game until the two outs in the eighth there was an air made behind him. So when you're on the road, Charlie's you know this is you're on the road, and you have silence in the crowd because they understood full well what was going on. Possibility first of all, the perfect game, and then the possibility of a no hitter, and then the leadoff home run hit by Tristan Peters the lead off the bottom of the ninth inning. So the no hitter was spoiled, But what was not spoiled was just just a fantastastic pitching performance by Yashinobu Yamamoto, who goes eight and a third, one run, only one hit, struck out seven, did not walk a single batter, And to say he was in control as an understatement.
Speaker 13: Not only was he in control yesterday, going back to his last start on June sixth, he had retired forty five batteries in a row until the bets Er, and in his last five starts going back to May eighteenth, Yallamoto's gone thirty five and two thirds four to one record, a one oh one er, opponents hitting one forty four against him, thirty two strikeouts, five walks. He had a couple of no hitters in Japan, and the way things are going, they'll have a couple of more, at least on this side of the Pacific.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's had pretty good statements of being able to kind of lead up to that. You start to look at also at the last five outings that he's had, He's given up a total of just four earned runs. So he has been abs undeniably a special product when he takes the mound.
Speaker 13: Did this game yesterday remind you of the Kershaw almost perfect game and eventual no hitter was twenty fourteen against the.
Speaker 6: Rockies, Well, it reminded me of that. It also reminded me talking about the Rockies if you look at Hideo no mo through the no hitter in Denver, which was unexpected, unexpected for a lot of different reasons. First of all, it was high altitude. Nobody realized that, you know, hey, can you throw a no hitter at then Coors Field, don't really think so. Then there was a rain delay on top of that. There are special games that you look at and you say, hey, look one inch here, one inch there. As far as the location of a pincher, maybe one good swing can either make a history and you look into record books, or it can be disappointment. And that's kind of what we saw both sides of that spectrum here yesterday and.
Speaker 13: Again the Kershaw game. It was an error by Hanley Ramirez, it broke up a per fit game, and a young third baseman filling in a sleek fielding third baseman Miguel Rojas made a spectacular play that maintained the no hitter for Kershaw. And so there were so many moments watching the game unfold yesterday reminding us of what eleven twelve years ago.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and the thing that we forget sometimes is like yesterday, there were a couple of rockets that were hit right at people, including in the seventh inning, the second out of that, Miguel Vargas hit a line drive to left field. Well, if it's five feet one way or another, is that a base hit? I mean, that's why pitching a no hitter much less deep into the ballgame with a perfect game is really has you on the edge of your seat. See if you followed baseball at all, and the big crowd yesterday of over thirty seven thousand, they were on the edge of the seat because they saw that there was, you know, maybe history of been in that ballgame.
Speaker 13: So the Dodgers begin the day at forty five and twenty six eight in front of San Diego, nine and a half in front of Arizona. The Dodgers have won nine of their last fourteen on the road. On the year, They've got the highest run differential of any team, plus one hundred and forty three. The White Sox fall to second place in the American League Central at thirty seven and thirty two, now a half a game behind the Cleveland Guardians, and so today hopefully a happy flight back home for a three game series beginning tomorrow night with Tampa.
Speaker 6: It's going to be that way. Before we go, I just want to say, very briefly, congratulations to your knicks, because I know since you were a kid in New York growing up, the New York Knickerbockers were your team, and to see them win the NBA Championship last night, Noah, had to be a special moment for you.
Speaker 1: It really was.
Speaker 13: And again, it's been a long time coming. Seventy two, seventy three, their last title sixty nine seventy. I think that team, for me was the most per perfectly constructed team of any sport I had ever seen at that point. And again, there are teams in the fifties and early sixties that simply weren't very good. But I do remember Carl Brawn and Richie Gern and Ray Felix, all of these old guys who never got a hint of a championship. They were always in the same division as the Celtics. But here the Knicks are and it became the eighth different world champion in the last eight years in the NBA. And that Jalen Brunson, he's something special, something special. Today, Dodgers wrapping it up with the White Sox, come home and begin a three game series with the Tampa Bay Rays. That's tomorrow, Dodger Stadium lineups, the first pitch coming for this afternoons game in just a moment.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclod Feel at Dodger Stadium is a uniclo dot Com slash us still to come here before first pitch, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Rid will be back with Tim Nevertt. They're both on the call today and they'll have the keys to the game. But up next, David Vassa goes high in time with Jason Hayward. It leads up to Dodgers and White Sox from the South Side of Chicago. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and White Socks from the South Side of Chicago. Image Shean goes for the blue. Left hander Brian Hudson will serve as the opener for Chicago. Former Dodger himself. Dodgers Baseball brought to buy a Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakys dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be Vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high end join right now by the newest Dodger employee. He's part of the Dodgers front office staff now with Andrew Freeman as his special assistant. And that is sixteen year veteran World Series Champion, All Star and great guy Jason Hayward back in the Dodgers family.
Speaker 14: First off, David, I appreciate it, man. It's so good to be back here, back around family, back around very familiar faces. And you know, we talk about being a part of the Dodgers organization. It's amazing to just know everyone's working together as the team. As our good friend Chris Archer here, what's just saying. But now it's good to be back and good to have an opportunity. No much appreciation on behalf of Andrew Gombs of carving out some space for me. Dave Roberts as well. I told him, I'm curious. I want to learn this side of the game. I like to work towards being in a front office member one day and contributing to a franchise. And here's an opportunity to get the ball rolling. So super grateful.
Speaker 3: Some of the best started from the ground up. As far as this part of the life, what will.
Speaker 9: You be doing.
Speaker 3: Will you be going to the minor leagues? Will you be just canvas seeing the entire organization.
Speaker 14: I will be going to the minor leagues. I'm talking about visiting every affiliate. The unfortunate thing for me in my mind is that then I'm starting now and the season's already be gone, but I will be doing my best to catch up. I'll be traveling around with the likes of David Finley, Chris Archer, Tyson Ross rabul lebon Is, of course communicating with Rock Oball Delhi, some of the outfeel people. Just doing whatever I can right now, present day, right like putting sixteen years of experience as an outfielder, as a defender, as a world champion, and all those things. And when I say that, it's you know, the sacrifice and contributing to the player development side, and at the same time going to affiliates, learning the scouting area, learning how to evaluate players and be a support system. You know, while I can right now, present day.
Speaker 3: Did you have this vision the last few years of playing or did you ever have this vision while you were in the thin of it.
Speaker 14: I don't want to say I had the vision because I don't think that's fair to say. I feel like I was heavily invested in doing whatever my role was, especially a latter part of the career. So maybe that's a start. Maybe that's coming off the bench, Maybe that's being a guy who's evaluating my teammates and doing my best to get the best out of them, to support them in a sense. But the more I looked at it, coming down to, like the last couple of years, it's like, man, don't turn the page on the game yet, you know, like, see what else you can get out of it? And what I know is is I enjoy having conversations about baseball. I enjoy having competitive conversations about how can we win, how can we do the best to put the right people in the right situation. And I know that sounds a lot like front office. It sounds a lot like building culture, building an organization and getting the best out of the players that are a part of the system. So that's that's that was my curious issue, and I appreciate them. Let me have a stab at it.
Speaker 3: Since you're not that far removed from playing, you just retired. I bet you have the appreciation or I should ask you, do you have the appreciation of the blend of the analytics and what makes a player tick and what their character and their makeup is.
Speaker 14: Oh, one hundred percent, one hundred percent. And I think that's a unique thing that I have as well. Starting in twenty ten, seeing the game change rapidly, going into that heavy analytic phase, and now we're starting to see it come out of it a bit. You know, it's still there, It's still a part of the DNA. It's still the terminology and how front offices, how coaching staffs, and how players now are learning to communicate every day. But you understand it. There needs to be the field, right, There needs to be those conversations of having someone who's had the experience, how do you handle this situation as a rookie, How do you handle this situation facing a closer right? How do you handle a situation like maybe a guy needs a day off, needs to breathe it? And I think that is very, very cool that the game is going to more of a collab between the field and analytics.
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 3: Jason Hayward is our guest. He's now part of the Dodgers' front office as a special assistant. When you started to explore this opportunity with the Dodgers. What was Andrew Friedman's reaction when you made that first phone call.
Speaker 14: The reaction was, well, first, honestly, it was a lot of texting and I'll give you know, Gomer and Andrew credit because the season at our started, like I said, and you know, they're on pace for you know, trying to have another championship season and that's that's winning three in a row. So a lot of responsibility on their end. But no, we we did a lot of texting back and forth. Andrew said, look like we're gonna pull up our sleeves here and see what we can do to find find space for you to come on and for one, contribute in ways we think you can help today. But I also give you that opportunity you're asking for, and that's to learn, and that's to see what this side of the game looks like. So again like super grateful for the opportunity. And then the rest of the way with Brandon Gomes, you know, doing what he's done of court, former player, so he has that perspective, he's been in my shoes, and he's been a great sounding board to talk to on like what this may look like, how this feels right? And and again like Tyson Ross Chris Archers. No same guys as well that have that have done the same thing, all sharing perspective, but no, our our two front office guys, like our head Honchos so to speak, they've been absolutely instrumental and just you know, creating an opportunity for me this year to do so love it.
Speaker 3: Team player. Jason Hayward, Thanks a lot and congratulations.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Good to be with you there.
Speaker 3: He is the man, Jason Hayward, a new special assistant with the Dodgers. They are better for it. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks love DV lead you out to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers in Chicago taking on the White Sox. When we come back, we'll break down this pitching matchup White Sox going with an opener.
Speaker 4: How long will leave you out there? We'll tell you.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kates, is the back to back world champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere, Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunted on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the eight Socks on this Sunday from the South Side. The Chicago Dodgers took two to three in Pittsburgh, won the series zero.
Speaker 4: Pimp PNC Park.
Speaker 5: Now trying to get this series win at Rate Field in Chicago. First pitch coming up at eleven ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 5: The White Sox going with an opener and Brian Hudson, twenty nine year old left hander. He's in his second season with the White Sox. The name sounds familiar.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Briefly he pitched with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: In fact, he made his major league debut with the Dodgers in twenty twenty three. Pitched two winnings at his debut back on June seventeenth, twenty twenty three. He was mostly in Oklahoma City all year. He allowed three runs on four hits and a walk. He pitched in six games at the big league level for the Dodgers that year. He allowed seven runs and eight plus innings. He owns a zero Eerra with one hit allowed in three times as an opener this season, He's pitched three and a third innings. Don't expect him to be out there too long. They'll come back with the right hander Eric Fetti, the thirty three year old veteran in his ten season, now the big league second stint with the White Sox, making his ninth appearance this season last time out, five innings, two runs, six hits, four strikeouts in a no decision against the Braves. Immitt Sheen looking to get back on track for the Dodgers, the big right hander three and three with four to seventy e twenty six year old and his four season now in the big leagues and finally healthy here in twenty twenty six, making his thirteenth start last time out, second shortest of his career. One in the third innings, two runs, three hits, two walks. They pulled them in the second inning and lost to the Angels because he was already a forty nine pitches. Dave Roberts had seen enough before that. Six and the third innings he was solid, two runs, only three hits, but a victim of no run support and the loss to the Diamondbacks. Looking for his first win this year since May fourteenth against the San Francisco Giants, so he is due for a victory today. Today his first time facing the Chicago White Sox ever in his career. So it's Immate Sheen going for the Dodgers. Brian Hudson, the left hander, will start as the opener. Should be out there just for the first inning or so of course the show. Hey O Tani leading off for the Dodgers and the Dodgers left handed.
Speaker 4: Here is the top the lineup.
Speaker 5: Then it'll be Eric Fetti the pitcher, right hander who hasn't been very good one in five with the four to sixty nine Era. To follow Dodgers and White Sox final game from Chicago. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Oh Audio that one.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season law long.
Speaker 5: Dodgers wrapping up this road trip in Chicago finals game, looking for the series win against the White Sox, and she and looking for her winners first since mid May. Left hander Brian Hudson will go for the White Sox as the opener, first pitch coming up at eleven ten. Getting you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos Great Moment Star with Supporo Beer whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo Goodwi Sushi, Great with Baseball. We head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tim never Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks again. We count you down to the first pitch of this ballgame here this afternoon, as the Dodgers take on the White Sox trying to win this three game series. Emmachian will pitch the rubber game three and three, his record four seventy the era Sheen had a short outing against the Angels last time out only and ending in a third face nine batters, five of them reached base. Dave Roberts said, just not his day took him out early, so Imachian should be plenty rested today to attack these White Sox.
Speaker 6: It may not have been his day, but he did not help himself, in particular with two strengths he kind of had somewhat early in the counts, but seven different batters he had two strengths on and four of the seven reach base. And that is really out of character for emasan who really thrives on I think, surprising hitters with that elevated fastball after he gets ahead early in account. So hopefully turns that around here this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Eric Fetti will pitch the bulk of the innings, at least that's the plan for the White Sox. Left hander Brian Hudson will start as the opener. The opener has been a decent formula though for the White Sox, because of the eighteen innings they've had an opener in there this year, they've only allowed three runs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I still flinch a little bit at the opener, because why not go with your quality guy to begin with instead of the opener. I get the transitions, Well, maybe the first time through the lineup, or at least the first inning, you've got one guy, then you bring in the other guy and you've got to make adjustments. I get all that, but I've had a couple of pitches that tell me former pitches, and why would you start with the guy that's coming out of the bullpen for a short period of time, instead of going with your known entity, this pitch well enough to be in your rotation.
Speaker 2: That's certainly a question around baseball. How do you make the starting pitcher just that much more important like it always was?
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: So we'll find out today if it works out for the White Sox or not. Emma Shean Brian Hudson the opener, with Eric Fetti to follow.
Speaker 5: Tim all Right, Dodgers forty five and twenty six, going into action, eight games up on the Padres, nine and a half games up on the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: Padres already in action. Don't look now.
Speaker 5: They got to two nothing to lead over the Baltimore Orioles in the top half of the second. Any Meanwhile, the Arizona Diamondbacks losing in Cincinnati, down one nothing as they go to the second. We'll keep you updated, of course, off the postgame show fort you all the reaction highlights and Dodger top when this game is over.
Speaker 4: Enjoyed everybody.
Speaker 5: Dodgers going for this series win on the South side of Chicago.
Speaker 4: First pitch is next. I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 5: This have been Morocco Casino Dodgers on Deck on your back to back world series. Champion Dodgers Audio Network