Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday, May thirty first, a beautiful day in Southern California, as your Los Angeles Dodgers thirty seven to twenty one on the season. After taking the series opener on Friday night, the Dodgers let one get away late last night, inning their six game winning streak. Today the rubber game of this three game weekend series against the Philadelphia Phillies. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound first pitch from Uniclo Field that Dodger stinium is coming up at one ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts on his birthday today. Happy birthday to Doc as he celebrates his fifty fourth birthday today and as the Dodger manager is getting here from him. Coming up at about twenty minutes later on, we'll hear from Adrian Gonzalez, former Dodger, now with sports net LA. David Vassi joins us throughout the hour. We got your Dodger's magical moment. Kirsten Watson from sports net LA. We'll stop buying just a little bit. We got your Otani rewind latest injury news, including the Dodger reliever activated today.
Speaker 2: So that is some good news.
Speaker 6: In just a few minutes, we'll head over to the gaping Ford broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Well, last night, Sasaki had.
Speaker 6: Another strong outing, unfortunately nothing to show for it. Rokie Susaki five and a third innings. He allowed one run while scattering just three hits, striking out seven along the way. The only mistake Sasaki made was in the second again a solo home run to Alec Baum, and the Phillies had an early one to nothing lead in the bottom of the second, Dodgers got that run right back. Will Smith the leadoff single, Then Miguel Rojas walked, then Alex Call answered the call.
Speaker 4: Another one to two call. With the ground ball base heading in the center field, will Smith has the green light, throw home cut off and Alex Call ties the game.
Speaker 2: A two strike single right up the gut.
Speaker 6: Harbi single from Alex Call that tied the game in one. Then the fourth Call was at it again. He doubled, advanced to third on an air and scored on a fly ball sackfly from Santiago Espinal, and the Dodgers had a two to one lead. The Phillies chased Sasaki in the sixth, loading the bases with the one out before Alex Vesier came in struck out. Sosa got boomed to ground out to Espinal at third. Dodgers avoided disaster there. Then the sevenths would add to their lead. Andy Pot has a one out double. Two batters later, Mookie Betts.
Speaker 2: Yo two pitch. Mookie flips one toward right field.
Speaker 1: It's a base hit.
Speaker 2: Here comes Pot.
Speaker 7: Here's Garcia's throw the play. Besides Bet, he safe. Mookie Betts with an opposite field RBIs single and a two strike chunt. It's three one Dodgers, but the Phillies are going to challenge, gonna get.
Speaker 8: The call Thurge.
Speaker 7: The call on the field stands runner a safe well not to.
Speaker 4: Loc a tell so the call stands in. Mookie Betts with a big insurance knock.
Speaker 6: Phillies challenged the outcoll or the safe call at home. He was continued to be called safe. Unsuccessful challenge. Mookie Betts drives in POZ. That's the top tier play the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers. With a three to one lead, the Dodgers bullpen given the task to hang on to that lead. Tanner Scott, riding a twelve and a third scoreless any streak, got the eighth inning leadoff single. Three batters later, Bryce Harper two strike, two out single.
Speaker 2: Scoring a run made it three to two.
Speaker 6: Then the next batter, Tanner Scott had ed Mundo Sosa one and two, but left a fastball down the middle of the plate. Sosa crushed it for a two run home run. The Phillies, with three runs in the eighth inning, took a four to three lead. The Dodgers' offense, looking for some late inning magic of their own, win quietly in the eighth, in quietly again in the ninth as the Dodgers last night last night four to three, their six game winning streak comes to an end, with the Padres also losing, though the Dodgers remained four and a half games up in.
Speaker 2: The NL West.
Speaker 6: Today, New day, new game and a chance to win the series against Philadelphia. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount in the series finale, first pitch at one ten and with more. We head over to the gaping Ford Broadcast booth on this Sunday afternoon as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: All right, tim Series Finale, Home stand finale and the rubber match for the Dodgers today as they take on the Phillies. Yoshinobu Yamamoto against Andrew Painter, the touted rookie who's been off to a little bit of a rocky start in his rookie year. But the Dodgers got punched in the mouth last night. The bullpen was sort of due for a speed bump in Tanner Scott, who had been really terrific all season long had his first real hiccup last night, and now the season, or the series rather.
Speaker 9: Is even, and it really came out of the out of the blue. I mean, Scott, you look at it. He had the hitter zero to two at one point, then at one two and the fastball it was elevated hit out of the ballpark. But you know, the Dodgers, they came from behind to begin with, in order to tie the game in the second ending after the Phillies took the lead with an Alec Bohm home run in the second inning. Overall, I mean, this has been a good home stand the Dodgers in the Phillies. The Phillies, by the way, did not take them for granted. You know, they may be nine and a half behind the Atlanta Raised in the Eastern Division of the National League. You start to look at what they've done recently. They have won now eleven of the last thirteen is says Don Manningly took over the helm of the Philadelphia Phillies. They've gone twenty one to nine, and last night was their eighth come from behind victory with Manningly at the helm as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've really kind of turned their season around and put themselves back in a position to be in the postseason, which is where everybody pictured them starting the year. So their thirty and twenty eight record is definitely misleading to those who maybe don't pay attention to Phillies Baseball. For the Dodgers, you know, there's still four and a half games clear in the National League West and have still won thirteen of their last sixteen games entering today, and the fact remains moved that the series is still in front of them. Well, Tani's on bay streak now at fifteen games. Andy Pajis continues to swing a good bat. Mookie bats had a three hit night. I know last night's stung, but certainly not the end.
Speaker 2: Of the world given where the Dodgers are at No.
Speaker 9: And I thought there was also some good defense really on both sides of the playing last night. There's been a terrific series in the first two games. Games expected a little bit more and it's going to be a little bit different as far as Dave Roberts lineup, because Ryan Ward is going to start in left field today, Dalton rushing behind the plate doing the catching, So a little bit of a different look in the Dodgers lineup real quick.
Speaker 4: Any word of advice you would give to Ryan Ward in his second sent We saw him make his debut in Colorado in the middle of April, had a couple of hits and showed a good presence. Then he went back down to OKAC and kind of struggled a little bit. So what would you tell him?
Speaker 9: You can't get four hits with one swing, one swing at a time, one pitches at a time.
Speaker 10: On top of.
Speaker 9: It, he's gotten a taste of what it takes here. He's gotten a taste of what he needed to improve upon. Now just be yourself. Don't feel that you have to be the game winner each and every time you go to home play.
Speaker 4: Excited for him all over again because this will be his Dodger Stadium debut today, in this series finale and the rubber game, which we'll get going in a little bit. Tim We'll be back a little bit later with a key from mo All right, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Nelly, We call you Dad. To first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal.
Speaker 6: On at Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken to Mojo's Right now, it's shakys dot com. We're off and running here on wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday afternoon. Coming up, you're gonna hear from Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Veasse of course throughout the hour, he'll go one on one with a drink and Zalez. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next, Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA stops by and we got your Otani rewind So we leads up to first pitch. Dodgers and Phillis. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Oh do you a network?
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Phillies on this Sunday afternoon, final game of this three game series, final game of the homestand Yoshinobi Ammoto and Andrew Painter.
Speaker 2: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind all.
Speaker 4: The lineup turns over ol Tani. First pitch to the groundball base hit in the right field. Oltani is on the board here in game two of this three game set. Beyond Bass streak now at fifteen games.
Speaker 6: Show hey Otani won for five last night, as Nelly mentioned, extending that on Bay streak to fifteen games with a single in the fourth. Otani currently with the third longest streak in the majors, hitting three ninety three during those fifteen games, with four home runs, five doubles, fifteen ribies, twelve walks, and twelve runs scored. Unfortunate the Dodgers filled to the Phillies last night in Game two of this three game series.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Karson out joints us here at the stadium right to buy Cars for Kids.
Speaker 2: That's Carsfrokids dot Org.
Speaker 6: The kids walking around the park here at Dodger Stadium. Eight thousand little leaguers and softball players hopefully going to enjoin a Dodger win today in the reubber game of.
Speaker 2: This three game series.
Speaker 6: And right guy on the mound in Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 11: He is he is the eighth of this pitching staff, and we know what he's been able to do when the tone that he sets me takes them out. Even Dave Roberts was saying that whenever he's out there, there is just a certainty of a performance that we have come to expect. We know he's going to get deep into the games. We know that he's going to find.
Speaker 1: Ways to be efficient.
Speaker 11: Even when he might have a tough first inning of work, he's going to bounce back. That's the tone that he has set for himself. That is the guy that he has shown us who he is. And so when you have a player who's looking at his numbers, he's now had thirteen appearances in which he has gone six or more in or seven or more innings of work, I should say he's done that four times this year already. And what that does is that just puts everyone in a really good spot when it comes to the rotation, when it comes to the pitching staff, it supports the bullpen, allowing for to see less guys come out of there to protect them, and so it just has such a bigger impact. And Dave was saying, you know, this is who Yoshinobu, who has made a name for himself as, and this is who he is moving forward. So The hope today is you can just set the tone seming up of a really strong outing in Milwaukee. He finally got that run support that we have been missing. But yeah, hopefully and keep it going today.
Speaker 2: Keep it going.
Speaker 6: What Rookie Sasaki did last night with his six plus innings was really strong. Had to lead left the game. The Dodgers bullpen gave it up. Unfortunately those three runs in the eighth inning. But you kind of feel like this rotation starting and getting into a groove.
Speaker 11: They are and what we were able to see from Rokie Sasaki not only has just his confidence evolved the last I think it's fair to say like four outings, but he's now in a position he's made some mechanical changes. He's worked through his pitch mix. He added the slider this offseason. He now has manipulated his forkball, which is his true, you know, splitter forkball that he had in Japan. He's now added a different version of that pitch, having a true splitter now and it's clear that he's able to land those secondary pitchers for strikes.
Speaker 2: That then makes his.
Speaker 11: Fastball more just impactful and more aggressive and in the zone, so it forces the hitters in different situation where you now have to prepare for his entire pitch mix. Last night, we saw just that. We saw how he was aggressive in the zone and how he was striking out guys, and so he even said afterwards that he feels like the pitcher we are seeing right now. This is who he wants to be in the big leagues. And now he's probably feeling the most complete that he has felt, and that is a huge sign for a guy where we saw success in October with some struggles in the regular season, and so now he's finally able to blend those two together.
Speaker 6: Well, the six game winning streak came to an end last night, but they're hoping to start a new one today and it begins with the Phillies and then it's off to Arizona for a huge four game series against the nine. Max Christ appreciatable check in with you after the game still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper of this pitching matchup. David Matzeg goes one on one with Adrian Gonzalez. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself on his birthday Dave Roberts. That's next, Dodgers and Phillies first pitch.
Speaker 2: At one ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kates' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Walk on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Rago Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as he leads up to first pitch. Dodgers in the Phillies Marogo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam of four good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Andrew Painter of the pitching matchup first pitch said for one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Probably some good news.
Speaker 6: Jack Dreyer, Dodger reliever activated off the injured list today. Paul Gervais optioned to Triple A Oklahoma City, so the Dodgers get a much needed left handed arm back in the bullpen. Tasker Hernandez on the IL with the left hamstring string Keiki Hernandez on the IL with the left oblique injury. Tyler Glasnow on the IL lower back spasms. Blake Snell sixty day il after surgery and removed the bodies from his elbow. Rock Stewart on the il with the left bone spur and and of course Edwin Dia is working his way back. Tommy Vans in Triple Oklahoma City now for almost a week playing in some minor league rehab the games as he is working his way back from that off season ankle surgery. All right, we head back downstairs. The birthday boy, the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: Dave, do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 10: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 12: You know what I like the prospects of winning a baseball game. Seems like I play all we always play on my birthday. Yeah, No, it's just like any other day. I think that it's kind of a little bit of gratitude, obviously, but I hope to win a series and then travel to travel to the desert.
Speaker 13: I should amount today when you look at what he's been able to do this year, as much as maybe he hasn't been a sharpest at times, but he's still able to provide quiet a lot of play. What does that just do not only on the start days before this rotation, and even especially when you're in a stretch like now, when you guys.
Speaker 1: Do have like test straight.
Speaker 10: You know, I think it's a certainty of performance.
Speaker 12: You know, it's uh, you know, having a guy like Yoshinobu, you know, take the ball, it just gives you that extra confidence. And you're trying to win a series against a good team in the midst of ten in a row. So there's just a lot of dependability with him. So yeah, I mean I think that just how he is as a person, how he is as a competitor, how he prepares.
Speaker 10: I mean, this guy is. You can't write up a person or an athlete any better, you really can't. You know.
Speaker 12: There's enough softness and discipline, but the toughness and the killer that we talk about.
Speaker 10: So I could go on for a long time about him.
Speaker 13: Do you think you saw or you learn a dependability about him?
Speaker 10: I think it happened a little bit a little bit last year.
Speaker 12: I started somewhere in the middle of last year where you could just I didn't have to I didn't feel like I had to protect him, you know, when it got hot third time through you know, stressful early and then stress again. Felt like he could get through it and weather it and keep going. And so I don't recall which moment it was, but at that point in time he felt like, Okay, you know, you can take the training moves off.
Speaker 6: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts down to the dugout talking to the media again. Happy birthday fifty four years old to Dave Roberts. So we continue here on Wrongco Casino Dodgers on deck. We will check out what David.
Speaker 2: Vatt say is.
Speaker 6: We are leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Phillies from Uniclo Field, a Dodger Stadium of Tim Katson is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies wrapping up this three game series. Yoshinoba Yamamoto Andrew Painter. The pitching MATCHUPLOK from Charlie Steiner coming up in just a little bit. Adrian Gonzales as well. First pitch coming up at one to ten Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alpto, born in la and made for your game day.
Speaker 2: El Poto brings.
Speaker 6: Authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salces and hot sauces.
Speaker 2: Right to your table. El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 6: All right, David before we get to today, and Yamamoto on the mountain his final start in the month of May.
Speaker 2: The month of May, pretty good month roll Rokie Sasaki.
Speaker 5: A really good month for Roki Sasaki considering where he was last year, where he started the year. This season, including spring training, he made five starts. He threw twenty eight innings and hitters only hit two hundred against Roki Sasaki, and the strikeout to walk ratio was phenomenal. He had twenty four strikeouts only six walks. Last night was indicative of that. Sasaki had seven strikeouts and one walk.
Speaker 2: And through eighty four pitches. Here's another part of the equation.
Speaker 5: The pace that he's pitching with is a lot better than where it was at the beginning of the year. Because I don't know if you looked into this the way we did, Tim, but early on in this season, virtually every Sasaki start was three hours long for a couple of reasons. He couldn't throw strikes, and his pace to pitch, even with a pitch clock, was extremely slow. Dave Roberts actually told Sasaki to look at some game tape of Kevin Gossman of the Blue Jays to be able to see how he pitches at a pace of play that is better for himself and the rest of the team.
Speaker 2: Part of the reason why.
Speaker 5: Dave told me that he had Gossman on his mind is because he all throws a splitter like Roki Sasaki does, and Day's been telling a few people about that, so I guess it works. I'm not sure if Roki actually went to go look at the Gosspling game tape, but maybe when you have confidence in what you're going to throw, in confidence that you can get hitters out, you're not trying to stall to deliver the pitch.
Speaker 2: Confidence has been his issue the last year and a half, no doubt.
Speaker 6: David is brought to by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow those who will drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to every one American value for American values. Get to your Centatetalent, California, at Ford Dealers today or visit by Ford Now dot com. All Right, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount his final start here in the month of May.
Speaker 2: He has given up a lot of home runs this year.
Speaker 6: DV Is this a good matchup against a Phillies team has got a lot of power.
Speaker 10: Well, here's two ways to look at it.
Speaker 5: The Phillies are top five in the National League as a team as far as home runs go. We know about Schwarber, but the Phillies as a team have hit seventy one home runs and Yamamoto has given up nine already this season. He's on pace to give up thirty home runs this year, something that Dave Roberts said he doesn't expect to continue to trend in that direction, but nonetheless it's been an issue now the Phillies, if you talk to anybody around their team, they are a team that swings at a lot of pitches outside the strike zones. So if Yamamoto has his split fingered fastball working, he can get a lot of chases from the Phillies, who, to put it kindly, Tim, are not very selective.
Speaker 2: All right, David.
Speaker 6: Looking at the lineup today, of course shoe Aotani leading off, the usual regulars in there with Mookie Bets, Freddie Freeman, Kyle Tucker, Max Munsey.
Speaker 2: But Ryan Ward gets to start in left field today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the twenty eight year old Pacific Coast League Player of the Year from a year ago will get the starting left field and quite honestly, Tim, he's not known for his defense, so we'll see how it goes out there. Earlier this morning, before the little leaguers were walking around the warning track, Ryan Ward got early work done with Dino Ebol, so we'll see whether or not he's able to handle himself out there in left field. But he's in there because the right hander painters on the mound, who has struggled this year. He's in there for his offense and that's what got him the Pacific Coast League Player of the Year last season. But left field, I'll say this, if the Dodgers have a lead in the seventh inning, Alex call better be ready for left field.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. All right, dude, appreciate. We'll check back in with you just a little bit.
Speaker 6: Dave's gonna go one on one with Adrian Gonzalez that's coming up in about fifteen minutes. But when we come back, we'll get you your Dodgers Magical moment. Dodgers and Phillies wrapping up this three games series. First pitch of one to ten. I'm Tim Kates at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio, Nework.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies as they wrap up this three game series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up at one ten, I go, who wants.
Speaker 1: A hot con? It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Ditch Magical by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers taking on the Phillies.
Speaker 6: We go back to July thirtieth, nineteen seventy, the Dodgers taking on the Phillies right here at Dodger Stadium. It was a four pm start, so you know, shadows were in play even back then. A day that Pomona's on. Bill Singer will never forget.
Speaker 14: Singer back of the rubber. Now, I'll both beat up on top, looks in to read Tawboarg round waiting the two to two bitches, fastball popped in the air, foul. It's Tabarg who has a play? It's Tabarg who's got it. They call Billy no No. The no no is because of the way he runs. When Bill Singer runs, his head shakes from side to side. And Don Drysdale one said, here comes Billy No No. And on the message board in left field, just underneath where it says twelve thousand, four hundred and fifty five, it says no no. And everybody here knows no hitter for Bill Seger.
Speaker 6: The great Vin Scully on the callback in nineteen seventy for Bill Singers no hitter against the Phillies, ten strikeouts, remarkable for a guy who met fifty two days on the disabled list. Then it's been three weeks in the hospital with hepatitis. He comes back a month later and throws a no hitter against the Phillies, the first no hitter for the Dodgers in Sandy Kopex's Perfect Game five years earlier. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Hafey Soko's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie's Diners. He leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim katz Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deap on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Phillies on this beautiful Sunday afternoon here at Dodger Stadium. Yoshinovayamamoto Andrew Painter.
Speaker 2: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at one tatle hit from Adrian Gonzales coming up in just a little bit time Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Calvil Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 15: All right, Tim, Happy birthday to Dave Roberts. Turns fifty four today. You know, his career winning percentage six twenty two is the highest in Major League his for any manager who's managed at least a thousand games. Som congratulations and a tip of the cap to Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's done a terrific job. I think really from day one when he took over his message, and you know, we were there in Glendale, Arizona spring training when he basically delivered a message to his new team, and what he said was, look, I was in the other dugout when he was in San Diego with Buddy Black as a Buddy's bench coach, and he said, hey, look I saw you guys play. You can play better. And I think that day that morning over in Arizona, he kind of challenged not only himself but the rest of the ball club. He said, hey, look, we can accomplish a heck of a lot more. And that theme song has really held true.
Speaker 15: And statistically simply better than anybody else. So the Dodgers begin the night or the afternoon in any case, at thirty seven and twenty one.
Speaker 2: The loss last night.
Speaker 15: They're in first place by four and a half over the Podres five and a half over Arizona. They have won eight of ten, thirteen of twenty eight, eighteen of their last thirty while outscoring their opponents by one hundred.
Speaker 10: And twenty one runs.
Speaker 15: Phillies with the win last night are thirty and twenty eight. They're in second place in the National League Geese, but they trail Atlanta by nine and a half. About last night, A couple of interesting notes to me. Sasaki pitched very well last night, and Tanner Scott with his first blown save of the year, and you know that's gonna happen, but he has been great up until the eighth inning last night.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Really, the entire pitching staff is really kind of a gelling at this particular point. For Susaki, very quickly, we saw a couple of returns. I think of two things, a velocity and not really chasing velocity. But it appeared to be much more free and easy for him. The other part too. He challenged hitters, he was not afraid to go ahead inside, he was not afraid to use the breaking stuff. Seven strikeouts in five and a third inning. So yes, the home run that he gave up to Alec Bohm leading off the second inning. That that was a fastball that was upstairs at ninety nine miles an hour. It just happened to connect. But if we look at the Phillies, we were just talking about Dave robertson moment ago, Charlie. If we look at the Phillies, they have really responded. Now with Don Mattingley the manager, since he took over for Rob Thompson. Since Mattingly has been at the Helm, the Phillies have gone twenty one and nine and last night their eighth comeback wins since Mattingly has taken over.
Speaker 15: And this afternoon, Yoshinobu Yamamoto four and four three nine ERA against Andrew Painter, who won his first decision of the year and has gone on to.
Speaker 10: Lose the last five.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's one of those guys the Dodgers will have to make an adjustment to all speed pitch, and especially if you look at the last start, he used the auf speed pitch about three quarters of the time, So yeah, he'll mix in the fastball here and there. He's a big drink of water six foot seven to begin with, rather intimidating and standing at home plate and you look at the elevation of the mound out there. But for the Dodgers, obviously, they like nothing better than to make a two out of three in this series and have what Dave Roberts refers to as a happy fight over to Phoenix tonight.
Speaker 2: Well a short flight to be sure.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers begin the day with the best batting average in the Major leagues, highest on base percentage in the Major Leagues, OPS highest in the Major League, second in the National League with ady home runs, third with one hundred and eighty three base hits. So the offense has been good and the pitching's been even better. The TM eer three to eleven best in the big starting pitchers three to ten best in the National League.
Speaker 2: The ERA three to one three is the second.
Speaker 15: Best in the National League. So right now, even though the loss last night, the Dodgers continue to fire on all cylinders.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I think from an offensive standpoint, with ti Oscar Hernandez now on the injury lift or we don't really know how long with that hamstring, there's going to be a door that is now open, opportunities for someone to stand up and say, hey, look count on me for the majority of the time until ti Oscar comes back and healthy and back in the lineup. In the meantime, this offense needs to figure things out and just continue to get on base as they have recently.
Speaker 15: Alex Kahl has been a very interesting addition. He did well last night. Not starting today, Ward is going to be and left, but call has been a very interesting edition.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think from both sides of the baseball, not only from offense but also with defense.
Speaker 10: You can use him if you need to.
Speaker 9: If he's not in the lineup, you use him also as a pinch runner, So kind of a multifacet And if we look at the Dodgers' success in recent years, Charlie, what we have witnessed is maneuverability. That Dave Roberts has options in different situations, either offensively, defensively, or even in the pitching.
Speaker 15: Dodgers have won thirteen of their last sixteen time for the Daily Otani Watch, he's hitting three ninety three in his fifteen game on base streak, so he's been hot. He's been on base half the time, ten extra base hits, fifteen RBIs and so he'll be did get off pas seems to be very comfortable in the two spot. Freeman third, and Bets clean up as a Dodgers and Phillies wrap up this three game set coming up.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball part said of my Uniclode field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com. Slash us still to come here on Dodgers on deck before first pitch, we're gonna get you. A previous pitching matchup, Steven and Wrinkle had the keys of the game, but up next we go high and tight with Adrian Gonzalez. So leads up to Dodgers and Phillies first pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Kats.
Speaker 2: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Paudio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and the Phillies on this Sunday afternoon, a beautiful Sunday here at Dodgers Stadium. Leading up to first pitch, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Andrew Painter the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at one ten d and now what.
Speaker 1: Will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: We had a chance to catch up with sports and at La Zone. Adrian Gonzalez Gonzo, thanks a lot for.
Speaker 1: The time, Dave.
Speaker 8: How are you doing. It's great to hear from you.
Speaker 5: It's great to hear your boy, Adrian.
Speaker 10: Where are you going?
Speaker 2: Adrian?
Speaker 10: Are you going from Thrace? Those Thrace to Slice area? Where are you going?
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 5: I mean you're you're really slinging pizzas and tacos now, And I feel like it's great because people, Uh, you're not just the owner of those places on Olympic at the block, but people will see you randomly in there behind the counter in the kitchen and sometimes enjoy the food.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I'm there. I'm there once or twice a week for sure. You know, making sure everything everything, and you gotta taste the food in order to make sure that you know the the customers are gonna like it, so you know, I gotta I gotta taste it. I gotta make sure the flavors are right so when the customers come, they come away. You know, they walk away satisfied.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So when you're there and people aren't expecting to see you, how surprised do some of the fans get when they show up and there's Adrian Gonzalez?
Speaker 8: You know some of them, some of them are super you know, hey, how's it going. Great to see and some people you can tell that they get a little shy. But you know, I'm always hoping to be able to give them, you know, a great welcoming and thank you for being there, and and you know, if they want to picture, I'm.
Speaker 1: There for that.
Speaker 8: So you know, it's it's it's always fun to see to see the fans.
Speaker 2: Adrian.
Speaker 5: You were the symbol of this Dodger ownership making a commitment to the fan base, to the city that they were here to win.
Speaker 2: All these years later.
Speaker 5: With all the success the Dodgers have had back to back World Series championships, a twenty twenty championship, does it still blow you away how the fans still appreciate what you did and how much you mean to Dodger fans even in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I mean, you know, I think I was fortunate that this ownership group, you know, thought of me to come in and be one of those players that you know was gonna was gonna, you know, do what they've set out to do, which is, you know, bringing a winning product and and continue to go and get the players that you know they thought would would be great for the organization. And so you know, they were able to make that trade happen, and you know, I was fortunate to to come in and and and be able to start a run that the team has has been able to sustain and maintain and and uh and gotten better as as as it went. Ownership continues to invest in the product, invest in the players, so so the fans can have a great, a great experience, and you know, the the ability for the ownership to go get show hey and and SNeW and you know the players that they've gone lately with Tucker and everything, it's it's it's pretty impressive and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you think about Kyle Tucker so far, Adrian?
Speaker 8: You know, I think he obviously got off to a slow start, but he's starting to pick it up. He's starting to have his his games where he shows, you know, the type of player he is. I really feel like he's going to continue to to show and and and get better as the season goes on. And you know, a guy like Tucker, you bring him in so he can get that big, big hit or two in the playoffs that you're gonna need. So you know, there when when we signed him and people were like super excited, I was like, well, what do you expect out of him? And a lot of the expectations were a little too.
Speaker 1: Much in my opinion.
Speaker 8: You know, they were thinking, oh, we're going to get a guy that hits close to three hundred with thirty five homers and one hundred and twenty everybody else. I was like, I don't think you're gonna get that out of him. I think you're gonna get, you know, a guy that that it protects your lineup, sits in the middle of the order and comes up with some big hits and uh. And so for me, I think, obviously he got off to this little start, but I think he's starting to show who he is and and and what we need out of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you I mean?
Speaker 5: It feels like, obviously the salary for one year is astronomical, but how unfair is that to him to say, well, you're making that so you should do X, Y and Z when that's something he's never done in his career.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think last year he got off to a great start which made people feel that way, but then you know he had a few injuries, but a lot of times, the salary is a big number and so like that is a part that you have to pay a pay attention to. But to me, you know, he is an all star, he is a great player. But I would not put that kind of pressure to say you need to go out there and hit three hundred with thirty five and one twenty on him, like that's that's that's that's putting a little too much spectations there. I think he's a great to eighty with twenty five homers and one hunterd RBI guy, And if you can put your mind on that, I think you'll enjoy the player he is and what he brings to the table, playing great defense, running the bases right, being a great teammate and helping the team win another championship.
Speaker 1: There he goes.
Speaker 5: Adrian Gonzalez was our guest. You can find him on sports and at a LA. Certainly a big part of this stretch of Dodger dominance since twenty thirteen.
Speaker 15: We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot DV.
Speaker 6: Some good insight there from Adrian Gonzalez about Kyle Tucker, now his first year in a Dodger uniform, of the expectations for Kyle Tucker. Todgers Baseball brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot com lead. You have to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Phillies up next, we'll dive deeper into this great pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Don't you go anywhere. Tim Kaates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Phillies, the rubber game of this three game series. First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodgers Stadium, coming up with one ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 6: Matchup presented by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy and Drew Painter on the mounta one in five five forty e r twenty three year old rookie right hander thirteenth overall pick of the Phillies back in twenty twenty eighty one out of high school in Florida fastball mid nineties sinker, slider, sweeper, splitter throws it all, making his tenth start eleventh appearance this year. He made his debut back on March thirty first against the Washington Nationals, striking out eight and five and a thirds in route to his first career win. Finn to be easy after that, right well, he hasn't won a game since last time out six and two third and he's two runs, six hits, three strikeouts in a loss to the Guardians. Don't let the record in era fool you. He's been pity better recently. Panter has earned back to back quality starts after tossing the career high six and the third last time out. In his last three starts, he has posted a two to sixty r ray in those outings. This is his first time facing the Dodgers. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the down on the mound for the Dodgers four and four with a three h nine Erra, the twenty seven year old right hander making his eleven start, making his fifth start of the month of May, where he's two and two with a three forty two r ray. Last time out, he snapped a two game losing straight with the victory over the Brewers last Sunday. He lost his only career regular season start to the Phillies last year at Citizens Bank Partner.
Speaker 2: Despite giving up this one earn run over six innings.
Speaker 6: In the postseason, he started Game three at the NLDS A Dodgers Stadium and suffered his only loss of the playoffs, giving him three runs and four innings. Dodgers and Phillies were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 2: Keys to the game.
Speaker 6: Our next, I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue Season Low.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies on this Sunday rubber game of this three game series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Andrew Painter the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo start Great moments start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered on this Sunday with the riety, crisp and refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. One final time, we head back over to the booth Stephen Nelson.
Speaker 4: Rick Monday guys TC first pitch, rapidly approaching here at Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium, and he'd be thrown out by Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who's four and four with a three point zero nine ERA. He'll start opposite Andrew Painter, a rookie who's one in five with a five point four zero e ER. All right, Rick Monday, before this game begins, I want you to give me a key or a player to watch.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 9: I think for the Phillies, how are they going to approach him? Yamamoto? And here's what I found this morning. Over the last two Joshinobu Yamamoto against leadoff hitters of an inning, it's the lowest banning average of any pitcher in baseball is just one sixty one. So not too many guys leading off innings have been on base and then with two strikes. Over the last two years, he has the eighth lowest banning average against, that being one thirty one. Okay, that's on the Dodgers side. What about the other side. Andrew Painter his last outing threw close to seventy percent of all speed pitches. Don't let the six foot seven the stature fool you on the mound. He's not afraid to throw a lot of off speed pitches, in particular to right handed batters.
Speaker 4: One thing I'm curious to see today Yoshinobu Young Moto day game here at Dodger Stadium against a team that can slug, specifically at the top of the order, right with the Phillies big guns. Of the nine home runs that Young Moto has allowed this year, seven have been here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: He's you look at last year splits. He was especially.
Speaker 4: Dominant on the road. But just something to pay attention to as the series finale gets underway quickly, All right, we'll join you.
Speaker 2: A little bit, tim first pitch is on tap. All right, thank you, Nelly.
Speaker 6: Dodgers going to play four and a half games up in the division over the San Diego Padres. Keeping an eye on what they're doing in Washington, DC.
Speaker 2: After the game.
Speaker 6: I'll be back with all the postgame festivities, reaction from the clubhouse, all the highlights in Dodger Talk as well, and joint Yoshinobu Yamamoda on the mountain when we come back, Dodgers and Phillies enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 6: This is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network