Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, June eleventh to twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Lots to get you today, from.
Speaker 2: Things just Got Crazy to mayhem in New York City after a shocking Nicks win and another huge opportunity for mailbox money from Google Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam More Seelan is here Lo, so are you? You can join us on the show, send us a dispatch over at the Neewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: Your message is rolling a right at the studio in real time. Hows everybody doing on a Thursday? No, not that, it's just you know a lot of times the the the thumbnail and the title on the stream for the show is exaggerated or a lie.
Speaker 1: I mean, everything's.
Speaker 2: Falling apart, like it's just it's just absolute and utter chaos right now.
Speaker 1: Just you know, like systems down. I feel like we're gonna you can check it and all of a sudden there's gonna be like, uh uh ah, you didn't say the magic work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what you know they say all systems go, We're at all systems. No, all systems go straight to hell. That's where we're at right now. Just to be clear, I'll rattle through a couple of things. We've got some hardware that's down that helps to run the show, so Seelane can only do some very basic switching and stuff that's just on the video side.
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter quite as much. I'm doing this with my iPhone.
Speaker 2: He's literally switching the show on his iPhone at the moment.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: The AC in my studio is apparently our IP. I guess that happened to occur on the very same day that all this is happening. Austin is in here working on to get everything booted back up and fixing all the stuff that's going on everywhere. Well, and that's where we are on a Thursday, all right. So I'm gonna be a sweaty, heated mess. I'm in the middle of what I call a streak of Sean luck. And this doesn't happen to anybody else like me. It's just things start coming up against me over and over and over and over again, and this is the worst time for it. I'll explain more in a second. But let's start off as we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers in the pulse. Let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours, and we go to well, let's go to baseball first, everybody. Indeed, we got the tee team and the case team also known as the Kansas City Royals, and the tea team. Wow, Texas Rangers. Maybe, yeah, I'll never know.
Speaker 1: We will never know. Somebody on chat will tell me.
Speaker 2: Actually, but let's go to the mound here and see what's happening during this baseball game. As the stringers the Texas Rangers, I told you, as the pitch heads towards the catcher, here goes nothing.
Speaker 1: Most of them are pretty pretty in tune to it. This one.
Speaker 3: Back up the middle, right in the heads heading in the right field, and that is awful.
Speaker 2: I mean, even the batter, even the batter who gets to first base is doing time out.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey, you know, we got it.
Speaker 2: We gotta stop this year because the ball just came off his bat and hit the pitcher directly in the head line drive in tune to it.
Speaker 3: This one, Oh my goodness, back up the middle, off of Logo's heading in the right field, and that is awful. Nemo is out of his mind, concerned, gotta time out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Race is over to check on him. He got back up.
Speaker 2: You know what the craziest thing is it bounced off his head and went all the way into the outfield.
Speaker 1: Like that's pretty nuts in and of itself.
Speaker 2: The ball hit the picture off the bat and then it flew into the outfield.
Speaker 1: I know that the ball that you want is the home run ball, but don't you also kind of want the ball off the picture's head ball. I gotta tell you, I don't not want that one. You know, you think that they should give it to the picture, Like, sorry, you have this giant welt on your head for a little bit. But here's the ball. Picture that.
Speaker 2: Here is the picture just here is long, long, just and end of the world. Noises going on inside the picture's head at the moment. Well, there you go. He's okay. Allegedly, allegedly he's okay. Things are going well. They are not, as I said, going well. Here in my world, it's hot. I'm already starting to sweat a little bit over the lip, and we've got everything ripped apart here, Austin is working on fixing things. I got drama everywhere. I got my contract ticking down to nineteen days or something close to that. I got people mad at me as of late. I don't even know why. I don't know what's I don't know what's going on. Pisenberg is at least back in TNJ chat. But Pisenberg, I took the time yesterday to send you an email responding to my drama with you, and I was like, hey, you know, sorry, I pulled the trigger a little too fast. I didn't know who was in shadow. Was a little pissed off at somebody's reaction. Nothing nothing, no response, No, hey man, all good, all good, we're good over here, none of that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're still battling. I don't know what's going on. I figure he texted me yesterday. He's a texter. Yeah, is he didn't text me? Huh, he didn't need it have your number? No, Apparently he's mad about my America takes. There's like he's the only one, him and the some guy on YouTube, which I'm like, I don't know what do I do about that. I'm not gonna apologize for saying, I think America is overall some place to be. I'm gonna be fine with that. He says, I don't read emails. You sent me an email. It's what I was responding to. He sent me an email. He was mad about what happened yesterday, and I said, you know what, now that I have some time after the show, I'm sorry. And I pulled the trigger a little too quick. I was just reacting to somebody who was annoying over on the YouTube side of things. But here we are. Well, we'll figure it out. We'll try to at least we'll try to figure it out. I will tell you this. We may hear from him with an angry, anonymous dispatch because after Silane mentioned this on the show yesterday, I made it a reality nice made the Great Codorritos strikes again. Baby, the Great Coturrito strikes again, and he says he's not mad at all. He says, I think America is decent. Also see that. I just see the bad as well.
Speaker 1: Well we all do. That's one of the great things about America. That's it. That was you guys made up on the air like that.
Speaker 2: That's one of my point. My points is one of the best things about Americas were very self critical, and we look at all the good and the bad and the ugly, and then we try to work it out all right, back to it because Seelan said, we need to be able to do anonymous dispatches, which you were able to do on the website, but you weren't able to do anywhere else. And then it only just stripped your name off of it. But now we already got our first one. We already have our first anonymous dispatch coming in.
Speaker 1: You want me to play it? Yeah, let's here. See what happens here.
Speaker 4: He goes, Hey, this is Anonymous. I just wanted to say, this is the greatest show ever, the most unbelievable show of all time.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And the idea that you can just like that, the anonymous dispatch.
Speaker 1: And he's going to call you a cot arena.
Speaker 4: It's mine blowing to me. Well, no one's ever going to know who this is, but I do hope you have a great day. Goodbye, keep up.
Speaker 2: Thank you, goodbye, Thank you Anonymous. That's that's really fantastic to hear. A holy cow, Now here's how this works.
Speaker 1: I think Anonymous sounds like a woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that, he would you not want me to do that. Here's here's how this works. You can send an anonymous dispatch just like that. All you have to do is use it through the website or Android.
Speaker 1: Android is also updated.
Speaker 2: The iPhone update with anonymous dispatching isn't yet out there and accepted, but we'll probably be in the next couple of days. But on the website and on of course, on the Android app, you could send an anonymous dispatches now, so I'll probably make it so you could shift it around and bring it into the high pitched or the low pitch strange.
Speaker 1: Give it a couple you know, a little presets or op Yeah, yeah, a couple of them. Have you figured it out yet, Sean? Has? Have you has the light bulb turned on yet? Which one? Which light bulb? The one where in the middle of a war? Okay, calm down, the light bulb where you say, like, I'm gonna make this app. I'm gonna revamp the app. I'm just gonna push a couple updates and then it's gonna be done. No, it's not. No, No, you're gonna get more ideas. The Great Coat a Reno is gonna and then and then I slid you that little voice changing thing and you're like, I can do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: More up.
Speaker 2: For those of you who didn't figure it out, that was me testing out the anonymous just more. Yeah, yeah, that that was indeed me. But you can try it out.
Speaker 1: One with all the compliments for you.
Speaker 2: I was gonna lather it on a bit more, but I was in the middle of a tornado of nonsense, so I was just trying to make sure everything actually worked. And it looks like it does. But no, I'm not gonna do what you think I'm gonna do like a I am gonna flip out because I'm already starting to sweat a little bit in the studio here. But what I am going to do is just every once in a while, little improvements.
Speaker 1: And I agreed.
Speaker 2: I thought when we did our confessions yesterday, I was like, one of the things that will be absolutely cool is if these confessions were audio based and you couldn't hear what the person said and you sort of you know, we used to have this technology in the studio. I think we still do, where you can make it really deep or really high pitched or whatever. Adventure Seeker on YouTube set. It sounded like that anonymous dispatch was about a book about to book a hotel room at the plaza.
Speaker 1: I thought too, the father.
Speaker 6: Got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really.
Speaker 4: This is anonymous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you too could be anonymous. I want to see what it sounds like everybody else's voice. So if you're on the website or Android, give that a shot today. Be patient so we can figure out whether or not this is this is going to work correctly across the board. And it's a day where all hell could break loose at any point in time. But we shall see how that goes as we roll on with the show today. So send us your dispatches on Android and on the web site. You can now try out being anonymous on iPhone. That'll be real soon. And I hate to do this, Pisenberg, I do. I hate to do this, but I'm even more love in love with America than ever before after seeing a brand new American invention. Now Cores is an American company, correct, is that believe?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, course cold and at least started as one. I don't know if a foreign company has bought it up or not, but I hope not. You know, they merged with the miller.
Speaker 2: Right, they just really launched maybe the most American thing I've seen in a while. The new cores like, can have you seen this yet?
Speaker 1: Or no, I'm not?
Speaker 2: Oh god, here it is ready watch, here's the debut. Cold is the Rockies.
Speaker 1: This is Americas are getting bigger. It's a big beer can, all right.
Speaker 5: Cor cheering.
Speaker 1: Talk? Is it tall? Can holler introducing the Taller Boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Taller Boy has been launched by cors Light. I don't know if it's a foot tall, but as sure as s looks like it, it absolutely we are living in the best timeline anybody could absolutely imagine.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's a great uh great commercial. It's it's pretty funny. Are they really making this? I believe they are. There is a little twist that I do not like. I don't like, but I think is revealed here. I'll explain here the can that can any other can?
Speaker 2: So I think it might be just a can with a twist top that you can fit a six pack of coarse hands in.
Speaker 1: But you could still do what's that thing called.
Speaker 2: Where you uh used to tape the beers to your hand Edward forty hands. You can like Edward forty hands yourself through this process. You couldn't with that because you, I mean, unless you filled that thing with beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you do. You open the top.
Speaker 2: One and then you poke a hole I think, and the top of the gigantic cores light can.
Speaker 1: It's got so many o's on it. C o o o o o o o oh.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, it goes on for a while. Core is light. It's about up to my knee tall, maybe tall or Robbie's got to be six beer cans tall, right, I would that's how big it is. A six pack says, this is a collectible item for me. Yeah, if you can get your hands on one, it's a fun novelty I was. I was a little worried that it was going to be that big of just a can of beer. I wonder if they tried it and realized that aluminum cans kind of have a max height before they start, you know, losing the structural integrity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it could. Paul. So, the problem with Edward forty hands for me is that I can't drink a forty fast enough that the rest, you know, at some point, all that beer is just going to be warm.
Speaker 2: Wow, And gross. Wow, how how sad? Empathetic and Unamericana. Yeah, forty show, I could if I watched forty. I don't actually because I don't think we can buy them and not in Florida. That's a real way freedom summer Florida. I thought this was America. Hold on, maybe I'm turning the corner on this. All right, We're going to take quick break. When we come back, we'll rip it a things full speed. I have no idea what's going to happen on the show today, literally no clue. Meltdowns galore, probably sweating, Sean angry and screaming in the studio. I don't know, but it's gonna be a ride, and hopefully you'll come along with so make your day go by a little bit faster.
Speaker 1: We have some mayhem in New York City.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about what happened after the nixt game because there was some moments on the street that were I think we're just out of control, man.
Speaker 1: And we'll get into that.
Speaker 2: And your dispatch is anonymous and otherwise all of that coming up next in the news key so much to get into it a very very busy Thursday. We'll get into your dispatches. Of course, your emails.
Speaker 1: All of that good stuff is rolling into the show.
Speaker 2: I still have, believe it or not, Sea laid confessions coming in. But just so you guys know, we're not doing that every day. No, it's not in every We might do that on Wednesdays or something just to break the week up and have a little bit of fun, but we're not doing that every day, So hold your confessions for now. I just wanted to tell you at the beginning of the show that I added the ability for you guys to send anonymous dispatches like it anonymizes your voice, and those are available on the Android app and on the news junkie dot com, but not yet in the update on iOS. I submitted it, but it's gonna take like maybe a day or so before that gets approved. So check it out, explore see if it works for you, et cetera, et cetera. I think it's fun and I think you'll like it as well. The New York Knicks where the big winners Game four, they said, one of the greatest comebacks in NBA finals. All right, one of the greatest comebacks in NBA finals since Kim Kardashian. There hasn't been one quite like this I hear. And they said the New York Knicks pulled off the greatest comeback in NBA Finals history.
Speaker 1: They said, ever on CNN.
Speaker 2: They rallied from a twenty nine point deficit to beat the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, san Antonio Spores. San Antonio Spores. Their their mascot is a giant mushroom. No, it's not it.
Speaker 2: San Antonio Spurs. They beat them one oh seven to what oh six, and now they're ahead three to one with a chance to clinch the title this weekend. That's in Sana, So maybe it'll be a little more difficult. But before we get into the inevitable, which is always Hey, guys, our team won the really amazing thing. And when our team won the really amazing thing the game and we had the ultimate comeback, what we need to do is obviously burn our city to the ground. Yeah, definitely, because the way to celebrate, as any good football team knows, I'm looking at you, Philadelphia, all right, I'm looking at you Philly, as every good football, baseball, hockey, whatever, basketball fanos, when your team wins, you obviously need to break a couple of stoplights. You need to knock down some signs. You need to obviously break the window of some local establishments that are completely unrelated to the game.
Speaker 1: That's how you do it.
Speaker 2: But it was a big, big comeback victory.
Speaker 1: It was electric.
Speaker 2: In fact, Josh Group texted Sea Lana and I mean Josh is in New York City and he says, Manhattan is electric right now, So you know it was electric.
Speaker 3: Man, go right at the top, one on one, Brumston gets it fires up at three shut no, God, but tip, let's go.
Speaker 1: He tipped it in.
Speaker 2: He tipped it in right there, and everybody just reacted.
Speaker 3: God, it's gone with one point two perman it nest take the lead.
Speaker 1: Oh geeab that's one of time. I mean, the place is just mayhem.
Speaker 2: Man, all of these mega rich people, you know, because obviously every seat is seven eight, twenty thousand dollars. All of them are like, yeah, all our bills are paid off. And also the Knicks just won, so let's explode. It was instant barbarians. Man inside the arena. There, that's Madison Square Garden right correct, Man, Madison Square Arden is on one right now because Madison Square Garden has that Then the Taylor Swift wedding, I guess for some reason, is held there such an odd choice.
Speaker 1: I think I can't imagine getting married in an arena like that unless you're a super big basketball fan, right, I mean, if I got married in an arena like that, the amount of people that I would be able to fill it with would be just embarrassing, no matter what I mean.
Speaker 2: When your Taylor Swift and yeah, I think they said they're expecting only like a thousand, Yeah, only a thousand people at their wedding. Well, I mean compared to the capacity of Madison Square Garden, right, would you have people sit like every other row or how do you know they're all on the floor maybe or the lower big potential for failure there. This is a moment, though, and I wanted to point this out, even though, as you know from listening to the show, like I'm not the biggest sports fan or nowhere even close to it.
Speaker 1: I don't watch sports regularly.
Speaker 2: But I love all things viral, and so every once in a while the sports breaks through into viral. That's happening right now with the NBA, believe it or not, This back and forth between the San Antonio Spurs, the Texas team, and the New York team, The New York Knicks is really really popping off right now. For instance, ABC and ESPNS broadcast average twenty three point seventy nine million viewers. That is the biggest TV audience for an NBA Finals game in thirty years, Okay, in three decades. Count them, baby, you got to go back to the nineteen nineties. Michael Jordan was playing the last time they had ratings like this in a NBA Finals game like they just had last night. That's kind of cool. People are tuning in. The game peaked with twenty six point three million viewers at about eleven to fifteen PM at the closing minutes of the contest as that final tip went through. People who aren't even basketball fans, you men, women, grandma's, grandpa's, everybody out there was involved in this.
Speaker 1: And I've seen so many cool things.
Speaker 2: Here's some examples I'll give you for you folks watching the stream today as a basic bitch as it might be, all right, there's people this guy who's in New York and Ceilan will tell me what he used, But he used some sort of projector sure to project the Knicks game on a giant building, the fantastic idea. He just put the Knicks game. And I gotta tell you, are projectors just this good now? Or does this guy have like a particularly good woman? Would you think you have two things going on? Projectors are a lot better than they used to be. They're cheaper.
Speaker 1: Although all these rich New York people, I guess this is the last guy that didn't get in the game, so he spent he could have spent his money on a really good projector and having something like ESPN quality like that, and showing it at night and anything that happens at night in the dark is gonna look just phenomenal like that.
Speaker 2: It's really good quality. I mean, this is on the side of a building. Yes, it's like maybe a thirty foot tall projection that this person has done out of their apartment onto the side of this building. And it looks clear like you would sit there on the sidewalk and watch the game if you were just walking by or something. So they're doing fun stuff like that. There's a lot of craziness happening. There was a photo that I'll put up on see it now. This is of an entire plane and everybody is watching the Knicks game live on the plane at thirty thousand feet save for one guy who's watching Avatar. There's one in the middle, one dude watching the Blue Folks over on Avatar, and everybody else on this plane is watching the Knicks game as they go through the NBA Final. This is breaking through to the normies. And that's cool. That's awesome. I dig that. I think that's a really really cool thing. Let me get a screen show. I do also love the think different side of the guy who's like basketball. Nah, you know, I'm okay, I'm going to pass on that one, which I hate to say, would have probably been me. I watched the first like five minutes of the game. Did you watch any of it?
Speaker 8: Se light?
Speaker 1: I didn't. I forgot it was happening last night. Yeah. I would watch the first like five minutes or so, which was fun.
Speaker 2: I had a good time. I mean, it's really really really cool Nick's game on a flight. Soba on YouTube says that's at least a ten thousand lumen projector so it could be like a pretty like it could be pretty expensive. Yeah, how much would that cost? Because I see these all the time and it's say, hey, there's a special deal on Amazon, and you could get this projector, and I think, oh, I'm gonna get that. I don't know what the hell I'm going to project and where I'm going to project it. But I look at technology like that, as I'm sure Sea Line does too sometimes and I go.
Speaker 1: I want that. I want that thing. But how much would that cost? That's not a couple hundred bucks, right, Sony. These don't say ten thousand lumens. The first thing says fifteen hundred dollars. I don't but the rest of them are like thirty two thousand dollars, thirteen fourteen thousand dollars DLP projector, ten thousand lumen four K laser DLP projector from Panasonic, twenty one thousand, nine hundred and twenty nine dollars and ninety nine cents.
Speaker 2: He's given that to the neighbors for free. Well, this guy should be charging admission or something down there, if that's what he could be charged. Yeah, that too, Yeah, for God's sake.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So that was going on the plane. Almost everybody was watching the Knicks game. And then here's one of my favorite moments. Here on the streets, people were just pouring out, and they were excited after the Knicks one, but they didn't know yet how to channel their excite. Everything in the world as Celane so obviously knows right now with a young son, Okay, Jackson is just a little tyke, all right, he's almost he's always way to be three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at this.
Speaker 2: Point in time and al long know, everything is about channeling energy. When when a little kid gets all like freaking out and they're all revved up and stuff, you have to channel their energy.
Speaker 1: It's like a classroom.
Speaker 2: You want to know, some of the smartest people dealing with this ask to ask elementary school teachers about this, because the elementary school teachers will go, oh yeah, yeah, at this time of day, you got to be smart. You got to take your whole class, and you have to redirect them so they don't freak out. Now, the people after the Knicks game, they're on the streets of New York City. They don't know what to do with this energy. But they got the energy and they're pumped up, and they see a UPS truck in the street, so they just start chanting ups.
Speaker 1: They just around this UPS truck. They just saw it started changing like they're just not I mean, they're not just particularly big vans of the United Parcel System Service, whichever one it is. I don't know if it's that.
Speaker 2: I literally think they were just looking for something to cheer. They wanted to cheer something whatever.
Speaker 1: It was like when they started chanting speech in the rest of the development, but they realized speech speech. Nobody gave us speech, and then.
Speaker 2: They got jeez, I thought after all that somebody might give a speech. But yeah, they're all channing ups at the UPS truck out there on the streets.
Speaker 1: United Parcel Service. There you go.
Speaker 2: I knew you'd get it eventually, and we'll get into some more of the drama that was happening at the top of the hour, including the celebrities, et cetera, et cetera. But a couple of emails to fire things off here on the show because your feedback matters, of course, I want to hear from you tips tips at the news junkie dot com. If you want to be anonymous on that side, put it on the top of your email. Justin didn't, so here is Justin's email to tips at thenewsjunkie dot com, subject property taxes. He says I agree with you about your opinion on property taxes. I have paid off a house and I feel I should be rewarded at some point by not paying any more property taxes. You reference the story on speeding tickets being given from a new camera being put in a school zone. They will find the money. That's very true. I forgot how much it was, but it was like several hundred thousand dollars. I think in twenty four hours or forty eight hours that they could have ticketed.
Speaker 1: From one speeding camera in one school zone.
Speaker 2: Trust me when I say they'll find the money, and they'll find it from places that make more sense. A social punishment of ticketing people in a speeding zone or a school zone. What's the worst that's going to happen? That revenue is going to dry up because people are no longer speeding around the school. Awesome, we'll find it somewhere else, you know what I mean. I think that's a really, really good thing personally. But he says example, the serve tax in Allale is an automotive testing facility that's funded by turnpike tolls, though through my employer, I visit the site often and it's a massive waste of tax payer dollars. There's waste all over the place. There always is, and there always will be. We won't be able to fix that stuff too much. But with the property taxes, the problem is they assess the value of your house even if you're not selling it. I don't believe that should be the case. I think your house, your home value should be assessed even if they're low balling. I don't care. Your home value should only be assessed upon sale. So when somebody buys a house, you purchase the house, and then they assess the value, and that's the property taxes that you start getting taxed at. The idea that they could just keep raising it forever because well, your neighbors all sold their houses and we're giving you a deal here, we could make this even more is unhinged.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. That's lunacy.
Speaker 2: And the idea that you just keep paying forever and ever and ever, and then all of a sudden, your property tax bill becomes as big as.
Speaker 1: A rent or a mortgage bill.
Speaker 2: Not only is that bad, but it's untenable over time. And I'll tell you my favorite side effect over this. The best thing that can happen if they push this through and a lot of people who own their homes outright will no longer have to pay property taxes in the state of Florida. This is really really good news for renters because if people have homes and they no longer have to pay property taxes on them, they can pass that along to you and you'll say, well, if they won't sean, they'll just keep the money. I think that the competition will increase because people will start lowering this because they're paying out less. And once things start to go in that direction, no, that's like a dog chase in its tail. It goes around and round round, and you might get something out of that. So this could be good for renters. It could be good for people who own it. It's going to be it's good for renters. If you're shopping, I feel yeah.
Speaker 1: I had to explain this to an Uber driver once because I was like, uh, he said, you know, I heard the the rent is supposed to be going down. You know it's been going down around here, but nothing's happened to me. I go, but the rent only goes down. You're looking for a new place, like new renters. Your landlord's never gonna call you up and go, guess what, Yeah, news you know. It's just like the thing with your pool guy, where your your pool guy said that his his chemicals were going up in price over the pandemic. Yes, so so is mine. And then and then your price went up, and so you were like, well, I don't think I'm gonna get that phone call where the pool guy goes good news chlorine. Chlorine futures have improved and the prices are going down. You don't usually get it.
Speaker 2: On the other side, somebody says a landowner who is renting out their primary residence, even if it's only on your primary residence, which is where it should stay and where it should be of that lowers costs for the person if they have a couple of other properties like that.
Speaker 1: That they're able to rent out.
Speaker 2: So if you have your home and it's paid off and you're paying less on your own property taxes, your expenditures are going to go down dramatically. Now that's only for a smaller percentage of rental units, or actually that the vast majority of places that you rent are from not from big corporations and stuff. They're from people who have just a handful of homes, So I really think that that could be a side effect that we see from this. Overall, it's good for people who have houses that are worth less one hundred and twenty five hundred and fifty thousand dollars houses.
Speaker 1: This should not be for rich people, you know.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't expect that, like even my whole house would be a situation where they'd go, well, Seanda that property taxes, I don't I wouldn't think they'd go Shawna, don't have to be any property taxes.
Speaker 1: I don't expect this is going to hit me.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to hit lower and mid lower middle income houses, and I find that to be a good thing. So that person seems to be in agreement. All right, we're going to take quick break. I had more emails to get to when we come back, I don't care what's happening. I don't care if we got chaos breaking out. I'm going back on a plane. I am going back on a plane. You can hit me with this song when it's time, if that's necessary, but we'll see that it up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: I don't care if stee Lane hits me with a plane song.
Speaker 2: I know that I get mocked from time to time about talking about too many plane related stories on the news. Junkie, I know, what is this? The plane junkie. I've heard it all.
Speaker 1: I've heard all of the things.
Speaker 2: But what I have to tell you is this story is crazy enough that I think we absolutely need to include this in our coverage here today. And it's going about as viral as you could get because people freak out and go, hold on, is that happening with my pilot?
Speaker 1: Two? So just hit me with the back on the plane song, Get go, I want a checker.
Speaker 9: Fly surprise if the temp story as long as it.
Speaker 7: Flies wild, insane and as you met a guest.
Speaker 1: We're back on a plane.
Speaker 4: So what?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So what?
Speaker 2: A former pilot has been accused of flying thousands of passengers on flights without a proper license. This guy worked for Air Canada. Jeffrey Wall, fifty nine years old. This guy has been flying for seventeen years. Nice, and it turns out he never even had a pilot's license. This guy catched me if he canned himself onto this Air Canada flying team.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how you do that? Like, shouldn't that be the first thing they asked to take a picture of to make a photo copy. Yeah, I would think so. I would think so.
Speaker 2: He had been misrepresenting his credentials from two thousand and nine onwards.
Speaker 1: The story says, okay, is that the seventeen Yeah that seventeen years mah. So did he have previously a pilot's license and didn't renew it? Did he never have a pilot's license and use somebody else's your imagine being a pilot and not renewing your license. So this is the most important thing in my life, like the key thing that I need to do. Let's see what ABC said about this. Heelen, here we go.
Speaker 6: You're doctor licensed in family medicine showing up at the hospital to perform brain surgery. Police in Canada said that's what it was like for tens of thousands of airline passengers under the control of a pilot flying without the proper license. This morning, a veteran Air Canada pilot, Jeffrey Wall, seen here in his LinkedIn profile, is facing criminal charges after police said he flew hundreds of flights and tens of thousands of passengers jesus fraudulent license.
Speaker 1: The allegations, and.
Speaker 2: So they're saying a fake license, like a fraudulent license. This guy was using like you driving with a fake driver's license. But this guy was flying thousands and thousands of people for seventeen years on these Air Canada flights and he just, trust me, broded his way right into the cockpit and somehow they didn't notice for seventeen years. So they finally busted this guy. I think he's going to jails.
Speaker 7: So just a deliberate effort to circumvent systems designed to safe card the public.
Speaker 10: Wall was promoted to captain in two thousand and nine, and since then, police said Air Canada assigned him to nine hundred domestic and international flights, each one carrying as many as five hundred passengers.
Speaker 11: Wow, I was licensed to fly. He was a commercial pilot. He was not licensed to fly passengers, not licensed to fly passengers internationally. On seven triple seven, seven sixty seven second little more sence.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on.
Speaker 2: So he was licensed to fly, but not to fly people, yes, And somehow they didn't notice that that was a problem.
Speaker 1: See. I tend to think that the levels at which you can fly and which planes gets very convoluted and confusing. For example, I am trying to get to the bottom of this in the reddit r slash flying and they they had like a link to one of the stories about this. Yeah, and they're like doing all the comments and I have no clue what the hell they're talking about here. Like, so you didn't have ATPL, but somehow was hired in passenger check rides, that might be possible. CPL is blue, ATPL is green, So you know you know the license just by looking at it. You should know. I have CPL helicopter and ATPL airplane. They're in the same booklet. I'm surprised the CPL would be surprises CPL would be hired by ac there's hope for me yet, How hold on, how is it?
Speaker 2: How is it that you are able to fly a plane without shouldn't you have to show your license every time or something?
Speaker 1: No talent? Hey, all right, we're getting on the show to show it to whom.
Speaker 2: This is still the level where you could just put on a little pilot's hat and well, I'm here to fly the plane, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: When you're the captain of the airplane and you think you should have to show your license to somebody. The person who would be checking your license is way beneath you and probably has no idea what the difference is between them.
Speaker 2: Well, nobody can exactly pull you over. So when did they check? Apparently never?
Speaker 1: Not in seventeen YEARSVPL is Commercial Pilot's license. It's your first professional license, allowing you to get paid to fly the ATPL is Airline Transport pilot license. That's the highest level certification. So it sounds like he just didn't finish his schooling. Oh yeah, it could be. Hold on, let's see what else, say, said.
Speaker 12: Tens of thousands of passengers poll He said Wall was caught after Canadian transportation officials detected anomalies and documents he presented in March twenty twenty five during a random check at Toronto's Pearson International Airport. Eric Canada insisted safety was not compromised. Pilots undergo mandatory recurrent training every six months.
Speaker 1: Wellise aren't so sure.
Speaker 11: This is very similar to a doctor that is licensed to practice family medicine but is doing brain surgery in their office.
Speaker 2: Is it don't think that will low that plane? Yeah, this is an airport where they come in real low. Yeah, showing as b roll here. But I don't think what the cops said was right because it's more what it actually is, and a lot of people pointing this out in chat. What it actually is is somebody who knows how to fly a plane and knows who how to fly a big plane, but doesn't have the particular license classification to fly that plane and fly it with passengers. And the person is still passing training and stuff that's going on. So it's not like just some random doctor going I'll be doing the brain surgery today.
Speaker 1: Like if you took a class on how to ride a motorcycle, you have a license to drive a regular vehicle, right, four wheels, doors, enclosed vehicle. But you took a motorcycle class and you learn to ride the motorcycle and you're pretty damn good at it. But you know what, you never did. You never got that endorsement.
Speaker 2: But you still know how to drive the motorcycle.
Speaker 1: The guy flew nine hundred flights yeah in Canada.
Speaker 2: Honest to god, I think I'm turning the corner on this. Maybe they should just give him the license. Yeah, it's like, what more do you want from this guy? If this guy had zero pilot's license and pulled this off. I would be shocked, but I would also be vindicated in my whole I can land a plane thing that I've done for many years on this show. Yeah, this was almost almost like the story where the guy stole the plane and was joy riding it and doing the barrel roll and stuff, and he said, do you guys think I could land this thing? And they're like, I don't know, and we could do our best to tell you. He how much trouble will I be and if I land this thing, and like, we don't worry. We're gonna figure that out afterwards. And he was so worried about getting in trouble because he had stolen the plane and went for a joy ride. And all I can think of afterwards was like, if you successfully pulled off a safe landing, there are certain feats where I go, there should be some minor reward for that, like maybe less of a punishment that guy stole the plane to begin with. Yeah, I know you did the bad thing, but then like, you know, you did something pretty impressive on the other side, and I think that it's not all bad.
Speaker 1: It's not all bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, Skyking is the documentary that I was talking about. But let us know what you think and we'll see how they handle this. But Air Canada says a pilot has been arrested after authorities alleged he spent at least seventeen years flying over five hundred commercial flights without a valid pilot's license.
Speaker 1: Give us your thoughts over at thenewsjunki dot com with the dispatch or an email. I thought you were going to say more than out Yeah, yeah, no this per I was letting you finish. This per on the texting service used a much better analogy than I did with my motorcycle crap. It's like a CDL for planes. Okay, so it's like if you had a license but you're driving big trucks, you know, like long haul trucking, and you didn't get your CDL. That's a lot better of a comparison.
Speaker 2: I wonder why this guy didn't just go get it done. There's a story like this. Remember the nurse that we talked about We got to go to break. Remember the nurse we talked about, and she was practicing for years and years and years and years, and she had used one of her friend's names, yeah, and she her friend had a license, but she did not. She was using that other person's name. And I said, at some point, you've done the work. Yeah, but if you just look back for you hurt anybody. You can't go back and change your paperwork because then they then they know you lied. So it's like you, you love this job and you don't want to get caught in the lie. But I could do with things the right way, and I will not be rewarded for doing that, eggs because I did them the wrong way to begin.
Speaker 1: With, exactly. Give us your thoughts on all of this good stuff. Send your dispatch over at thenewschunkie dot com right now quick break. When we come back, we'll get it to more of the drummer on the Knicks win and the mayhem afterwards.
Speaker 2: I've got some lego updates. I got emails, some people are firing off some interesting.
Speaker 1: Ones, and we'll get to your feedback as well. It's all coming up next on the news Chunky.
Speaker 2: All right, lots of emails coming in. I'll get to a couple of those here in just a moment. The big story last night was everybody freaking out after the Knicks game. Everybody freaking out during the next game. Either you're not a sports fan. This has become like a big kind of breakthrough thing. You got Taylor Swift out there for some reason. I have no idea she's an insta basketball fan.
Speaker 1: I guess You've.
Speaker 2: Got all these incredibly rich people spending a crazy amount of money purchasing tickets to go see a bunch of rich people play basketball.
Speaker 1: You know how it goes. Maybe she carried to rent out Madison Square Garden for three days. If she got one Knicks.
Speaker 2: Ticket, yeah please, they might be able to get more than that for for what she paid. But I did see her at the game, and there were a lot of people who are annoyed, and.
Speaker 1: Everything was so over top, over the top.
Speaker 2: It can't just be like, hey, I am here at the basketball game.
Speaker 1: It has to be like I'm the biggest fan of the River was. It has to be like some they cute little theme for their their shirts, their shirts.
Speaker 2: Stevie Nicks, Yeah, I have it here, it's hers, says Stevie Nicks. Like hey, the Knicks, but Stevie Nicks, Yeah, then they got worse. One of her friends was Nickelback, which is that's just weak, and then nick Nick Cole Kidman is one of the other ones, which is not Nicole Kidman wearing the shirt.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hate people for just going to watch a basketball game, but it seems like I knew somebody one time who Actually I'm not gonna tell that story never mind, because every once in a while I realize we're on in markets where if I tell the story, the story will be heard by the person who the story is about. But suffice you ever know, sometimes you see people who are are hanging out and watching these games, and you go, do you actually really like this? At least I'm consistent you wouldn't see me at the game.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I'm the biggest Nicks fan ever.
Speaker 2: Because if you did, you'd go, well, that's not right. But she's she's over the top. This is the greatest they have. I know they're having fun. I know, I know I am letting them have fun. I don't really care that much about it, but it is a little much. Sometimes they go, Okay, are you really the guy next to you is at every game?
Speaker 1: That's what I think about.
Speaker 2: I go, the guy next to you goes to every single game and he's a big fan and he knows who all the players are. And I don't want to do that moment where I go, hey, here's the deal. You're wearing a Nirvana shirt and you're fourteen. Name four Nirvana songs or I'm going to beat you up right now.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. I don't want to do that. But it's kind of the mood that I think you get, you know, I think there could be a different version of this, where like I would rather Taylor Swift and her friends make some custom shirts and get into the game and have fun. Then Ariana Grande sit on her phone the whole time and I just made that name up. I'm like, I don't know that that's what she would do, but like that, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't need them to be one radical example of the other. But there's just something about when you when you're well.
Speaker 1: This is why people.
Speaker 2: Say everybody in the exactly the same way as it's Snoop Froggy. But there's a reason why things like fair weather fan and bandwagoner and those those terms exist. They exist for stuff like this because do you think that this person otherwise was going to be watching this game, and if they're not, then it kind of feels a little bit phony.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't care. This doesn't let me lose any sleep.
Speaker 2: But and I'm not looking for the angry Swifties Abraham Dragonfred No, I'm just saying that if you were going to point out bandwaggoners, that does look like it. And I'm not the only one suggesting this. Listen, I would be a bandwagoner too. She would just be a much richer one than me. Yeah, she's good at being a bandwaggoner with that much money, Sean, we don't want gatekeeping, remember, let them enjoy. Yeah, sure, sure, this is not a hard take from here. There was other people who were weighing in on this, like the sports broadcaster guys. Let's see what they said.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 10: No, I think Gray was just saying her name for no reason to distract me.
Speaker 1: No, that's I'm aware with that long pony tew Ain't that her in the blue? Yeah? This is the radio broadcast, I guess for the Knicks. Why does it sound like but I don't know this during a break, I think it is this guy.
Speaker 2: Does this guy have to google Taylor Swift live at the basketball game to see if she is watching the game, if she's really the person who's there. That's that's more upsetting than the nickelback shirt. You don't know who Taylor is Swift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, he's taking a picture for his wife. They said he trashed her. Okay that the other person says, she's not a Knicks fan. Get out of here, girl. So these were the radio broadcasters.
Speaker 2: Monica McNutt is broadcaster's name, and Monica McNutt wants Taylor Swift out of the game. All right, name h.
Speaker 1: McNutt. She's already Monica McNutt.
Speaker 2: So Monica McNutt and Tyler Murray were doing the coverage I guess for the Nick's radio feed, and they were at least one of them, at least the mcnuts side not very thrilled about that. Some of the actual bad behavior was somebody threw an egg at Wemby. That's the big tall guy that they call the alien. I saw him. He's walking along the sidewalk out there by the team boss and somebody just drills them. They just they throw an egg from across the venue and it drilled them right in the head. I guess they threw a couple of them. Not impressive. He's a big target.
Speaker 1: Throw an egg at Kevin Harden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is is easier to wallop them when you're throwing an egg at at the Wemby guy because he's seven foot six or something.
Speaker 1: But people do this.
Speaker 2: This is sort of the sort of mayhem that things boiled down into sometimes where you go, you're.
Speaker 1: From the other two, We're gonna throw stuff at you. Did they actually hit him because he didn't seem to react. The second one he did get hit. I think his head lowered a little bit. They threw two eggs at him, at least there's one missed him. Second one right there hit him in the back of the head and brakes, and there's other eggs flying by him at that moment in time, and they're they're flicking them off middle fingers, and holy cow, everybody gets so serious about all this stuff all of a sudden. What else do we have?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: I guess somebody was hectoring Jerry Seinfeld, who also was there hectoring. Yeah, yeah, you know, they were like heckling them on the on the sidewalk. Hectoring works too, I think, right, look up hectoring. If I'm yeah, you can call me out. But if I'm right, you have to say I'm sorry, I don't know words. If I use the correct word and you try to correct me, maybe I got it wrong, I'll apologize.
Speaker 1: See hectoring hectoring, talking or behaving an allowed aggressively, forceful or bullying manner to intimidate someone into doing what you want. All right, say it. I don't know words. My name is Celan, and I don't know words. I think I know words. I've never heard you just because you don't know that word, Well, that's my proof that you don't know the words.
Speaker 2: Don't Sean uses eighteen hundreds vocab from the it was hectoringham.
Speaker 1: See I think eighteen hundreds is a bit late for that. The origin of hectoring stems from Hector, the valiant trojan prince in Homer's Iliad. Okay, get bat here. You could do that for any word.
Speaker 2: The origin of lunch probably goes back to some really old time too, but that doesn't mean that it's an old word.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Let me get to the Seinfeld thing.
Speaker 2: So anyways, as I probably see, as I properly said, mister Jerry Seinfeld was being hectored by by some some na're do well on the sidewalk who was looking to engage in fisticuffs. If I'm honest, Uh huh. It looked like there was some you know, particularly bad tendencies going on with this individual.
Speaker 1: And they find another word tend wasn't old enough. I don't have your sexel, your satchel of old man terminology. I was just moving past.
Speaker 2: And why that that wasn't necessary? Okay, I was the one who had hectoring that. I had multiple other words afterwards, fisticuffs by the way, I had fisticuffs as well.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And then I dropped it at that. I could have gone further. Okay, here's the hectoring of Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 1: Can we get a preprestent? Can we get a pre come give? It doesn't exist?
Speaker 2: So the guy comes up, he's got the annoying wireless mic that he's holding in his hands like every YouTube or ever, and they always try to get Jerry Seinfeld to do the jew stuff.
Speaker 1: They're like, you're a Jewish guy, I want you to say free Palestine.
Speaker 2: And he says it doesn't exist, which is going to I'm sure make people react very calmly. At least he didn't get egged on the street though he didn't have that also out there being a Knicks fan for the moment, Sydney Sweeney, all of the people's were there, All of the people Sidney Sweeney was on Instagram. She also revelation only has four toes on each foot. Here she showed her feet in a picture that she ended up doing and there you go, so that picture was saved a lot, you think, so, yeah, I mean, she doesn't really have interesting feet? Is Sidney Sweeney's pose?
Speaker 1: Are wearing basketballs? How is that not? I'm saying they're not.
Speaker 2: Interesting in like a sexy way. There's nothing a lot of them. I don't think feet are interesting in a sexy way. But the people that do.
Speaker 1: They like feet, like all kinds of feet. This is a run of the mill foot.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I don't know enough about feet in what I should be into, but I just see a run of the bill foot and the little basketball things are you know, not for me, but somebody likes it. I'm sure I'm not gonna put the feet on.
Speaker 1: See it. Now, for your feet, people, you'll have to you have to look for that yourself over on the internets, so you can rate your your view of how you feel about all of this. Sean tell us, who has.
Speaker 2: Sexy feet, don't. I don't have anybody with sexy feet in mind. I'm just saying those didn't look like particularly sexy feet. Corney has sexier feet than that by a wide stretch, way better ten out of ten in comparison.
Speaker 1: This just looks like a regular feet. Are we gonna pretend? Everybody? Why are we pretending? Is that what we're doing? Because we all know.
Speaker 2: That there obviously has to be like sexy feet and ugly feet, right Like, you know, somebody wops out of foot and you go, holy cap, look at those Look at those, man, those are bad. And then somebody pops out of foot and you're like, oh god, those are nice. Those are nice looking feet. Mahaviorrossa says feet are not sexy. Some of them have to be. It just has to be like everything you think of to you don't get me too distracted here, all right, But but the fact is every body part that you pick, there's a sexy version of it. In an ugly version. Yes, there's absolutely a sexy nose and an ugly nose. You don't believe that I'm talking about body parts that I pick. Oh no, I see, I see when I look at you, I go, okay, Sea, Len's got a nice beard, right, but I don't even know if I would call it sexy, But one hundred percent there's somebody out there with an ugly beard. Right, So you have like all different sides of all of this stuff. And I think that that's you know, I think that's worth pointing out. I've already done it, so it doesn't matter. Let us know what you think. Sen Us a dispatch over thenews junkie dot com. All right, lots of emails coming in. Let's see here Kurt was talking about the pilot and he says that pilot that didn't have a license. The guy could be qualified in the seven fifty seven et cetera planes for cargo, but not passengers. Betty got down the line too far and then he couldn't own up, says Kurt, exactly. Yeah, that's kind of what we were saying, Like you get too trapped in it, like the nurse did, or like the pilot did, and then going legit is kind of impossible because if you try to fix what you were lying about, fix your license, fix your credentials. Then they'll know that you were lying to begin with, and that makes it a hell of a lot harder.
Speaker 1: Especially when you're lying about something that it's a pretty big deal to lie about. Yeah, whether or not you are licensed to operate a plane and fly paying customers from you know, continent to continent, country to country, that's a that's a big deal to the people who are inside that plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I think so for sure if they knew, Like just if you announced in the middle of the flight, that's how you know. If you stood up in the middle of flight, You're like, ladies and gentlemen, this pilot does not have a license. How are people going to react? People are you're at.
Speaker 1: This point because you're passing the plane.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't believe you you're at thirty thousand Is he plying to flying the plane? Then your cruising at thirty thousand feet? They go, ladies and gentleman, I have an announcement. The pilot does not have a pilot's license. I think I would be inconsolable. I would say, I don't care how he got us this far. I'm freaking out right now. Another email coming in Anonymous says the tips of the news Junkie dot com rental properties will still have to pay property taxes. Sean I mentioned that somebody brought that up earlier. A bunch of people did. I mentioned that, So I think, first of all, I think the idea of people paying less property taxes is good for lower income people or lower middle class people. Those are going to be the people most affected by the lowering of property taxes.
Speaker 1: Anywhere, So I think that's good.
Speaker 2: I think we should give people who are on the lower rungs a break as much as we can. In fact, this is only going to impact people with homes that are about one hundred and fifty thousand to two hundred maybe two hundred fifty thousand if they get the most that they were looking for, which is not people who are rich to say the very least. So yes, it only affects your main home when they say you don't have to pay property taxes on it. But what it can do that is really really good is it can be the tipping point that pushes people from saying, well, if I can do that, maybe I won't keep renting, maybe I will buy a house and I'll switch over into be an owner instead of a renter, and then all of a sudden, the rental market starts to open up more, and that changes the landscape that you're seeing out there of rental costs. Also, I do think it matters that the person is probably going to have a primary residence in the state of Florida, and if that person has to pay no property taxes at their primary residence, at least to a certain amount, it's going to free up money for that person. I just don't see how this makes things more expensive, right. I think this could be good. Not as good for renters, but I think there could be a little side effect that could be good for them, And certainly for people who own houses one hundred and fifty thousand dollars or so, you could be in a nice little spot, especially if you can figure out a way to pay that off. I haven't heard a single compelling argument against doing this, if I'm honest with you. But yeah, I mean, I happen to think people who don't have a lot of money paying less taxes is a net win for everybody. You can feel free to disagree. Give me your thoughts over at the Neewsyunkie dot Com. A couple of things real quick.
Speaker 1: We have some people nice enough to gift some subscriptions. Thank you to Brad Wallace. We appreciate it. Ten gifted subs.
Speaker 2: Over them, Bradwallace realtor with ten gifted subs, sun State John with twelve gifted subs. Thank you for that, sun Stage John. That's twenty two up there. And then DJ Rage with ten gifted subs.
Speaker 1: My god, look at them.
Speaker 2: Go subscriptions for your premium access to the website and the app courtesy of DJ Rage, Sun State John, and of course Bradwallace. I really appreciate the support on a day when everything is broken in the studio and I probably have some bills to pay, so thank you for that. Go grab those as you have an opportunity to do so, and you'll be able to unlock the website, the app, premium access, and even unlock secret shows. Claim yours courtesy of those. Find people over at the neewsjunkie dot com quick break. When we come back more of your emails, we'll see what you have going on with those. Some people excited about different things we've been talking about.
Speaker 1: On the show.
Speaker 2: Also, an old man goes viral for the best reason you could think of. Why, I'll tell you and play it for you, because that is coming up next in the news junk Kie. We can now take your dispatches, which will disguise your voice. Now, we can't guarantee that you're not able to know what the person says or you know what their identity actually is, but there are dispatches coming in like I'll give you example. This is somebody I don't know, anonymous, but they want to have their thoughts on the show, so they hit the anonymous button.
Speaker 1: Here it is ALLU Sean.
Speaker 8: I highly recommend you implement some sort of a text to speech feature, but only for score mics and maybe secret shows, as if you play them on the Earth, you're liable to have to dump off of them.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's true. I appreciate that, Anonymous. I don't know if we'll add that right now. We're working on just one thing at a time, but we do have the ability for you to at least do what you just did and join us with your thoughts on anything happening on the show. Here with an anonymous dispatch. I had to point this out I love dogs. I love dog people. I think that is the ultimate green flag. If you like animals, I think it usually signals that you at least care about living beings in a way that I want to engage with you on other things. And when I saw this story, I was just imagining, just imagine what my dog Lady would be going through se Lane's dog Lexi, you know the dogs in our lives. This was a German shepherd, Cealin, and the German shepherd was out with its family and they were at the beach and there was an inflatable kayak and the German shepherd jumped in it and he's just They're.
Speaker 1: Like, ah, look at him, he's got he's chilling in the kayak.
Speaker 2: And then it got pulled out a little further and then a little further and they're like.
Speaker 1: Where's Bruce going. Bruce the German shepherd is out.
Speaker 2: To see and he ended up drifting miles and miles away on the kayak.
Speaker 1: I made it to Cuba. That's crazy, you know, with a little Bruce, the German shepherd.
Speaker 2: He was in the kayak, inflatable kayak, and now Bruce is looking around going I have made a mistake.
Speaker 1: This was a big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fear that I have made a mistake here and he's in this inflatable and they had to send the coast Guard in some other places out to rescue this dog.
Speaker 1: It was off the coast.
Speaker 2: Of Northumberland and they had a bunch of volunteers go out and finally they caught up with the dog miles out to sea, still in the inflatable kayak you can see here, and just kind of wandering along.
Speaker 1: Hello, buddy, Hey, buddy, there he is. How are you hello?
Speaker 4: You to head off the longster the then Norway.
Speaker 5: They got him.
Speaker 1: We're gonna keep you on some warm.
Speaker 2: It was two full miles two full miles off shore because he just got dragged out there after jumping in this little inflatable kayak.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine what the dog was thinking the harbor.
Speaker 9: Yeah, have you drink?
Speaker 1: Have you drink? This is his honor with the boy's a good boy.
Speaker 12: Get it back on you.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 1: He was out to see for a little while.
Speaker 2: He was returned to his owner, who was overjoyed to see him again, which is just kind of adorable in many different ways.
Speaker 1: But they ended up finding him.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this I thought about this happening with Lady my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, but it would never happen because she would not get near the water to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have to, I mean you could. You could do this and still stay dry. I think that's part of the problem. Yeah, I mean depends on where the kayak was to begin with. But I think the kayak was in the water and it got in it somehow. But even if even if kayak was on land, I don't think Lady would jump in it. I don't think Lady the dog would hop up in that thing. This sucker was. That might be a game changer.
Speaker 2: You put a couple of cheeseballs in that thing, and she does go nuts for those, no matter how old they actually are. All right, we'll get some more of your responses, your feedback, all of that good stuff. In just a moment on the show, I tease this thing about this man who's been going viral, and I think he's pretty adorable. And this guy's alle hundred years old, one hundred years old. He's been going viral. He's living at a care home, which is a version in England of like an assisted living facility.
Speaker 1: And he's in good spirits.
Speaker 2: This has been viewed one point five times on one point five million times, excuse me on social media. One point five wouldn't be enough to escalate it to be talking about here on the show.
Speaker 1: If you could be viewed a half a time on social media, I.
Speaker 2: Would have pulled that off by now, if if that was a possibility. But Bernard Gilbert, here he is. We watched the video. I think here, oh, here he is. He's dancing. Yeah, okay, all right, yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: In his room. He's still breaking it down at one hundred years old.
Speaker 2: Rate his dance moves yeah, oh look they're a little bit further now rate his dance moves over on chat out of ten, what we think about Bernard Gilbert, one hundred years old, still kicking it and he's posting dance videos online just to show off a little bit and going viral this week. Bless your soul, sir, still got it at one hundred. All of his friends are dead, but man, he's dancing. Yeah, he's got that going on out there. One hundred year old minute from Worcestershire? Did I say that right? I always stumble on that one now Worcestershire has gone viral for his dance videos, with more than one point five million views on social media. Bernard Gilbert began dancing in the nineteen forties at just sixteen years old, and it said despite being reluctant to swap the soccer field for the ballroom, he went on to win awards and he even became a dance teacher at the age of seventy four years old. He says, I love dancing. Once I get on the floor, I forget about everything else. I just concentrate about what I'm doing and it brings me alive, he said, still out there and dancing at one hundred years old. You guys are giving him a six point four. It's a little brutal. He is a hundred. Yeah, somebody gives him one hundred out of one hundred, all right, Okay, seven out of ten broken hips. Okay, seven's not bad. I think a seven is fair. You got to factor in this man's age, after all. But he's a sweet man. I'll link this up on see it now because whenever we have visuals on the show, you're listening, I know, so I want to make sure you'll be able to access these and you can over on the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Just click that little.
Speaker 2: See it Now button in the menu and presto, you'll see it just like everybody else. One hundred year old man breaks it down and dances. That's what I'm gonna give you. That's ready for you over on the neewsjunky dot com right now, hit to see it Now.
Speaker 1: Menu and you're good to go.
Speaker 2: We got so many more things to get to do, clips to play here on the show, a lot of big stories popping off out there, and of course, your feedback is going to be an important part of the show, as it always is. You can send emails tips at the Newsjunkie dot com, tips at the Newsjunkie dot com, or as I prove to you, you can join the show with what we call dispatches. Record your messages on the website, the newsjunki dot com or the app.
Speaker 1: Couple of addendums here.
Speaker 2: Thanks to me for the three gifted so I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, really really really kind of you.
Speaker 2: And one more coming in believe it or not, because people see that everything's breaking in the studio today and they're being generous. Thank you for your generosity and support. Cat B CAT believe you cat B with ten gifted subscriptions Over there. There is a plethora of gifted subscriptions to the website and the app. Now's your time to jump on board and claim those. Big thanks to everybody doing this. Big bills for me to fix all the broken things around me, so that certainly helps out. It's the best way for you to support the show. God bless you for doing it. Go over to the Newsjunkie dot com and claim those now. All right, quick break, we're back with the Hot Sheet. In a moment, we will work in one of the most viral clips of the day that a lot of people are talking about.
Speaker 1: I want to get your thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: I'll play it for you because that is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Quick notes.
Speaker 2: Before we do the Hot Sheet, all you have to do is the following. Go to your app store on your phone, search for the News Junkie with an ie the News Junkie and download the app. It's free, create an account, takes a matter of seconds, and claim the gifted subscriptions to give you premium access right now.
Speaker 1: You could do that.
Speaker 2: There's like seventeen of them are I think or something, so you could get yours right now. You can alternatively go to the newsjunkie dot com, create an account like five seconds, and then claim those accounts.
Speaker 1: Then you're on board and see if you like it.
Speaker 2: I think you'll like the advanced access and the secret shows, uncensored access and all that good stuff. Even the ad free live stream could be yours. Claim it now at the newsjunkie dot com. And let's do the hot sheet.
Speaker 1: It's in new news, but not like important news. That's invest again. Every parting on the planet.
Speaker 7: Book top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on a hot sheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 1: That's right, the top five stories in the nonsense news, brought to you by that mortgage guy Don. And we start with Mackenzie Shirrilla because we heard from her or you know, a week or two ago, that she's been a little bored. She's been bored in prison. Prison is so boring for McKenzie. But she's not going to be bored to tears anymore because they've they've given her a new job. They say, she's finally landed a new job behind bars. And this just doesn't seem like she's something she would have done had she been a free woman. But Mackenzie is employed as a food service where worker at the Ohio Reformatory for Women in Marysville. According to a prison spokesperson, is that lunch lady. Is she a lunch late It sounds lunch lady adjacent? Ask for how much she's making. That's not a matter of public record per Ohio law, but they say, in general, how much do you think inmates can make per month? It's not a lot.
Speaker 2: I think it's really really low. But fifty bucks is that too high?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too high. They say in general, inmates can make up to twenty four dollars a month. Wooo, got some. But I mean she probably does have access to more food. I guess if you're the food service worker, I don't know if they write you up for eating the food. But she's got something to occupy her time. After telling her mom Natalie, she was bored as hell. During the same call, she told her mom she didn't think prison officials were to allow her to work because of her criminal charges, but it looks like she had them all wrong. So you know, get to work. Mackenzie and make them jelly sandwiches or whatever. There is a ex pro wrestler and actor by the name of Tyler Mayne. He's been an X Men. He also played Michael Myers in one of the Rob Zombie movies, and he has announced sadly that he just started chemo. He is now one of the one in seven hundred and fifty men that will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Very rare male breast cancer. Anyhow, he said it was kind of embarrassed to reveal it, you know, in his social media and stuff. He said, it's rarely talked about. It's usually found at later stages and has worse outcomes. I want to change that. Yeah, I think that stuff is good. I'm sure you do too.
Speaker 2: Like women feel this way sometimes about breast cancer or other sorts of cancer that are maybe more private, and guys feel this same way, and it's like, hey, you know, what better to be alive than anything, So it's important.
Speaker 1: The actor who gosh does it say which part he played? He was one of the X Men in one of the X Men movies, but it doesn't say in the article I think got scrubbed out come along for my journey to kick this thing, and they asked, send this to ten of your friends and have them follow me because people need to hear. So he's getting followers out of it too, all right, But yeah, he was I think a little embarrassed because of the breast cancer part. Most people think of that as a woman's disease, but it does affect men. It just says, let's start in talking about it. One in seven hundred and fifty five men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime and if caught early, very treatable. So good luck to mister Tyler Maine. Tim Allen was caught in an not caught because that sounds like he did something bad, but they got him in an interview and they asked him, Hey, when are we finally going to see you know, they've done it with all these other shows. Why are we going to finally see a reboot of Home Improvement? And I go, have you been paying attention to the news as of the last I don't know, a couple years more than twenty five years after Home Improvement, Tim the Toolman Taylor is attempting to make that reunion happen, but He recently gave an update on the potential follow up, noting the actors who played his sons on the nineteen ninety one to ninety nine ABC sitcom or too preoccupied dealing with their own issues their roles.
Speaker 2: Now one of them's got a bit of a dui problem, you might say, yeah.
Speaker 1: Zachary ty Bryant, who played the oldest son, Brad, is serving sixteen months in a California prison due to several violation probations. Meanwhile, Patricia Richardson, who played Tim's wife Jill, said their on screen son, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, has not acted since he left the show. He's just Dude's not an actor anymore. He didn't. I don't think he needed to write.
Speaker 2: I think he stacked cash doing that show Home Improved.
Speaker 1: He must have invested wisely or did something, because the guy was huge when he was on Home Improvement. He was in a couple of movies. He was all over teen beat. That guy had it going. And then tarn Noah Smith, the young one who had the little emo phase. He has not appeared on screen since the nineteen ninety nine season finale either. I think he would probably be the one to be like, hey, guys, I'm ready to get let's do it. Plead for the reboot. Please give me a call.
Speaker 2: There's always somebody on the cast who is more eager to do the re Yeah, everybody else, like one person like, what'd.
Speaker 1: You say reboot? Yeah? Yeah, remove me. Uh. Tim Allen said he was hoping that they could do something that would be more focused on the kids, but the kids are a little preoccupied. Meanwhile, Patricia Richardson, Richard carn and Debbie Dunning have all reunited with Alan on season two of ABC's Shifting Gears, which is just not great. It's yeah, it's yeah. But uh, I'm excited about this because they've been talking about this for a while and and it's been what, I don't know, seventeen years that fake gass pilot was just getting started in his fakery. But we're going to get a sequel to the Social Network, and they've just dropped the trailer. Every Revolution begins with a reckoning, the companion piece to twenty ten's Oscar Winning The Social Network teases as actor Jeremy Strong offers an uncanny take on Facebook co founder Mark Zuckerberg. Movie also stars Mikey Madison, Jeremy Allen White, and Bill Burr. It tells the story of a young Facebook engineer who enlists the help of Jeff Horwitz, a Wall Street Journal reporter, to go on a dangerous journey that ends up blowing the whistle on the social network's most guarded secrets. The Social Reckoning is based on all that Cambridge Analytica stuff that Facebook went through, So the first time that they've they've actually made any moves with this because they've been talking about doing a sequel, doing more social network for a while and just has not come to fruition. And last, but not least, there is a person who not too happy with his baby mama's lawyer. Oh No DeAndre Cortes Way aka mister Soldier Boyd. He did not mince words in an email with the lawyer, according to new court documents which were obtained by TMZ, including an alleged email Soldier sent to Jackie Martinez legal team, and it is laced with profanity. The team contacted Soldier after he called to discuss the paternity suit she filed against him. Her lawyer wrote, Soldier, based on your conversation, it sounds like you want to resolve the lawsuit amicably, expeditiously and privately, and said Soldier please, just sir, mister boy, Soldier Boy, have your lawyer call me. According to the docs, the rapper replied, f stop stop emailing me, dumb bitch. There will be no litigation or settlement. I don't know who the f you think you're talking to. I was supposed to play one more time and afy where Jacklin said she tried to serve Soldier Boy at one of his concerts. What was unsuccessful? That seems like it would be hard to do as a process server. You're like, no, no, no, I need to get backstage to talk to mister Soljia boy. I have papers to serve him. Hey, it's Thursday. Let's take a look at what's coming up in the box office for this weekend. And other than a handful of foreign movies, we have Time of Death with Kevin Pollock and Mina Suvari, a name that I have not heard in a very long time. That's a horror mystery thriller that's getting a limited release this weekend. But it's the big weekend for Steven Spielberg. Everybody's talking about Disclosure Day. I've seen some really good reviews and some really bad ones. But the drama mystery sci fi thriller from Steven Spielberg starring Emily Blunt, Josh O'Connor, Colin Firth, and Eve Houston drops this weekend, along with later in the weekend for all the K pop fans BTS World Tour the live viewing. It's a music special three hours and fifteen minutes long. If you are that into be that should be just nothing for you. You'll be fine with a three hour movie there. Hey, if you have some bills to pay, maybe, uh, you know, you got some car things going on, some ac things going on.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I feel like you're talking to me. Are you talking to me? I feel like you're talking.
Speaker 1: I mean, if the things are piling up, there's things you could do. You know, you could take some money out. You can get a home equity line of credit. You could unlock the equity in your homework, keeping your super low rate intact on your mortgage, get cash out for home improvements, sean decans, insolidation, back taxes, all kinds of stuff, And unlike the corner banks, that mortgage Guy Done has helock options for people as low as a six forty credit score, So you're good man. Wow, I don't have much of a choice. It's either that mortgage guide on or just you know, buy a suckers right, pick don Please pick Don. Yeah, I'll choose Don. You get a quote with no heart inquiry today at that mortgage guy done dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna try to stay on time today quick break. When we come back. We got some really good feedback to get to that clip that I said was going viral today. I have it queued up and we're gonna play that. It's coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh it. Fritz on the Street too, is coming up next.
Speaker 2: If you want to play along with us, we have to pick a person to fight for all of us. So get our attention right now, and Fritz on the Street. The greatest game in all of radio will be coming up with possibly us fighting for you. If you win, you get a great prize that's coming up next on the news junk key. What we're gonna do now is the greatest game.
Speaker 1: In all of radios.
Speaker 2: All right, it is time to really fire things up. No better time than now for something like Fritz on the Street, everybody, And to do that, we need a couple of things. We need one mortgage guy, Don. Do we have one of those around?
Speaker 5: We do?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Good, good, We've got one mortgage guy Don. This is important here. Do we have one Fritz?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a Fritz. All right, that's good. We're doing well here. Now we need somebody to play for, and I am choosing to mend fences here.
Speaker 1: I am playing for.
Speaker 2: Actually, I don't know if this is a I'm helping you out or taking away from you Pisenberg, but I'm playing for Pisenberg tooray Fritz on the street, Seelane, who are you playing?
Speaker 1: I am scratching out the word Pisenberg. He can't take that from me. I had I had told him that I would do it like before you guys had your little weird tiff thing. So I'm gonna go with Sarah on the texting service. Okay, Sarah, and also that mortgage guy Don. By the way, you're starting to get tons of emails on my side. People are emailing like don pick me, pick me, and I'm gone. Don.
Speaker 2: Don can't see the tips emails unfortunately, But if you've got somebody else and we'll just push these emailers aside.
Speaker 1: I was going to pick the same person you picked, Sean. Yeah, triple Pisenberg is what they call it.
Speaker 7: Now I'm gonna go with the on the YouTube channel, Kurt. I don't know if it's Kurt Studman or Kurt Studman.
Speaker 1: Or stud Man. The stud Man is there?
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 1: We're ready for the rito.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got a shot at this, but there's only one way to get going.
Speaker 1: Fritz, you're ready to do this?
Speaker 9: Selan one more time? Who are you playing for him?
Speaker 1: I am playing for Sarah from the texting.
Speaker 9: Sir, All right now I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Now he's ready to go. Let's do Fritz on the Street.
Speaker 9: Hello, That Mortgage Guy, Don, Helloland, Hello Sean. Hi on the Street is sponsored by That Mortgage Guy Don and Home Loans at Radio. Each Saturday morning here on Real Radio one of four point one from nine to ten thirty am. You can get your question answered if it pertains to buying a home, selling your house, refinancing, heelock loans. Maybe you just want to know if you can get a better rate. You can listen to the show from nine to ten thirty am textus and then also follow Don on Instagram at That Mortgage Guy Don very very funny witty content, and that's that mortgage guy Don.
Speaker 2: Dum dot com in first place with one hundred and fifty seven points.
Speaker 9: On Fritz on the Street, that would be mister Christopher Lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, In.
Speaker 9: Second place with one hundred and forty four points, that would be that mortgage guy Don. And in third place with one hundred twenty two points.
Speaker 1: Oh, mister Shawn Watson. All right, today's my day.
Speaker 2: Though today is my day, I'm feeling we'll see.
Speaker 9: It's eight questions, four current event questions for general knowledge trivia questions. I go to the bar, so you do not have to. Each Tuesday night, I'm at Cavos Bar and Kitchen. We had ten participants, so of course each question only has eight answers. Your mission. Do you have to chime in for that bonus point and then guess how many out of eight got it right? All right, sounds easy. Peasy's show number one a seven point eight magnitude earthquakes Don Philippines. That is correct, damn.
Speaker 1: It, damn well.
Speaker 9: Question is seven point eight magnitude earthquake has left at least thirty seven dead in which South Asian country? Don you got that right? The Philippines. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said the Philippines six six.
Speaker 1: It's kind of confused people because we had the Cuba one too, which wasn't as big. But I'm gonna say for me five for Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: I wasn't done, Sea Lang, I wasn't I was still yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't do this in order. Just the person's answers right gets to go for it.
Speaker 9: I'll take four and four four sean question number one with answers of four, five and six.
Speaker 5: Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 9: I mean someone is picking up two points. They got it right on the money. Who is a seven point eight magnitude earthquake has left at least thirty seven dead? In which South Asian country Philippines, Philippines, Philippines, Philippines, Japan, India, Philippines, Philippines. That would be six. So Don is hitting a three pointer to start the match, and ceiling with a guess of five picking up one point.
Speaker 1: Calibrate, recal It's a smart panel. We have to recalibrate, all.
Speaker 9: Right, Juggle some stuff around. Question two, in which city is the CN Tower shan Shanghai is incorrect? Celan Ceilian Atlanta is incorrect.
Speaker 1: That's a CNN tower. Uh you said.
Speaker 9: CNN, Don Dubai, that would be Toronto. It's right next to the stadium the Blue Jays plate. You got a question, and right, we will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you thinks in Toronto.
Speaker 1: One, I'll say two.
Speaker 9: Two for Sean. I will also say two and two for ceiling question two. The answers of one and in which city is the sea in tower?
Speaker 2: Taiwan, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Atlanta.
Speaker 9: Geez, that would be five.
Speaker 1: OK. We got the MENSA panel today. What's going on here?
Speaker 2: Were they not serving alcohol? Tee total or night? Everybody's completely sober? Brains firing on all all cylinders.
Speaker 1: Pats with Canadians.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know the answer your question ceiling. I don't recall question three. Recently, Central Floridians felt trimmers from a ceiling. Wow, Celian. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Cuba?
Speaker 1: The full question?
Speaker 9: Recently, Central Floridians felt trimmers from a rare earthquake off of which country?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go seven, seven, five.
Speaker 9: Five for Sean, seven and seven for Don. Question three, with answers of five and seven. Recently, Central Floridians felt trimmers from a rare earthquake off of which country.
Speaker 1: Cuba, Cuba, Cuba, Cuba, Cuba, Cuba.
Speaker 5: Cuba, Cuba.
Speaker 1: It would be eight.
Speaker 9: So Don and Sea Land with the guests of seven each picking up one point. Question number four is up next. After question four, I will tell you who is winning so far on Fritz on the street, question numero quatro. On a map, the vertical lines are called longitude, lultitude is correct?
Speaker 2: What were you just had a little mnemonic device or something?
Speaker 1: He was? The way that I remember them is that the wide ones are latitude or flatitude. I saw you moving your hands around, was like, is he working? Attitude? A lot launched? Got it? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 10: See Land.
Speaker 9: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said longitude?
Speaker 1: Seven, seven, six.
Speaker 9: Six, six and six for Don? Question four with answers of six and seven.
Speaker 5: Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 9: Someone knows their maps, or at least Jimmy Buffett. On a map, the vertical lines.
Speaker 1: Are called what latitude, longitude.
Speaker 12: Longitude, longitude longitudelis are longity?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: That would be six, So Sean and Don picking up two points each Anson with I guess of seven picking up one point that means for are down four remaining question wise in first place so far with six points, Don slash her Studman, in second place with five point Sea Lane slash Sarah, and in third place with two points Sean slash Pisenberger.
Speaker 1: I thought I was doing better than that. I need to Yeah, I did, I was.
Speaker 2: I had a goose sag and I didn't know it all my confidence level and attack all right, here we.
Speaker 9: Go Question five, with four questions remaining. On Monday, six people were stabbed during a knife attack in which US subway trains at Hub one Sean.
Speaker 1: Penn Plaza. I'll give it to you.
Speaker 9: It's Penn Station.
Speaker 1: I'll get you Sewan.
Speaker 9: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Penn Station in New York City.
Speaker 1: Penn Station four, four, three.
Speaker 9: Three, four, Sea Lane gonna go four also and four or don. Question five with answers of three.
Speaker 5: And four Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 9: Somebody knows they're Penn Station. Monday, six people were stabbed during a knife attack in which US subway trainsit Hub.
Speaker 2: Central Station, OH Plenn Station, Penn Penn Station, Marna, Grand Central Penn Station, Grand Central Station.
Speaker 9: Well, that would be three, So Sea Land pick up two points, and Don and Sean with a guess of four, each picking up one point.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: Question six now October twenty second, sixteen ninety two marked the last time a person in America was hanged for what crime?
Speaker 1: See Lane Seilane witchcraft?
Speaker 9: That is correct, Oh, good Sea Lane. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said witchcraft?
Speaker 4: Five?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 2: Oh is six, six for Seawn, five and five for down.
Speaker 9: Question six with answers of five and six.
Speaker 5: Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 9: Somebody knows there's spooky. October twenty second, sixteen ninety two marked the last time a person in America was hanged for what crimes?
Speaker 1: Steal chicken? So trial witchcrafts I'd say witchery, witchcraft? What was that stuff up in witchcraft? Adultry? That would be six.
Speaker 9: So sewn is picking up two points, and Celane and Don I guess it's a five each picking up one point each. Two questions remaining. Now it's really anyone's game. Question seven after nearly after nearly four years away, which tennis star won her first match Serena Williams. Serena Williams is correct.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 9: Question after nearly four years away, which tennis star won her first match at the Queen's Club Championship. She said she was bored and the kids are home for the summer, so why not go and play a major champions champion? She won don out of eight answers, how many do you think that's Serena Williams.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go, eight, eight, six, six, Sean guess, I'll thread the middle, seven.
Speaker 9: For me and seven for sea Lane. Question seven with answers of six, seven and eight, after nearly four years away, which tennis starr won her first match at the Queen's Club Championships.
Speaker 12: Serena Williams, Serena Williams, pass, Serena Williams uh, Serena.
Speaker 2: Williams Cornicova because of Glaciers level.
Speaker 9: To Louva Serena Williams. That would be five, So Sean the guess of six, picking up one point.
Speaker 2: What the hell did that guy say?
Speaker 1: He was all he was heated about something.
Speaker 9: I have no idea. Question eight is the very last question, but before we do that, let's go over the leaderboard.
Speaker 1: In first place, we have.
Speaker 9: A tie nine points each for Sea Lane, Slash Sarah and Don Slash Kurt Studman and third place with seven points just to remove Sewn slash Heisenberg.
Speaker 1: The second half was better than my first.
Speaker 9: All right, question, yeah, goes like this, Dhaka d h a k A is the capital of which Asian country.
Speaker 1: Sean, Sean, Indonesia. That is incorrect, banglades that is correct? What God about it here? Sea Lan.
Speaker 9: Out of eight answers, how many do you think that Bangladesh?
Speaker 1: Three? Three? Uh?
Speaker 9: I'll say one one for Sean two and two for Don. Question eight with answers of one.
Speaker 5: Two and three, Ding ding Ding Ding ding ding?
Speaker 9: Is this gonna be the reckoning? And Dhaka Dhaka is the capital of which Asian country Bergluda, Bangladesh, Krgistan, Malaysia.
Speaker 1: Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka. That would be three.
Speaker 9: Sea Lane hits a three point rat and Don with a guest of two picking up one point. That means the final points for the day in.
Speaker 1: Sorry, He's back to mad, He's angry on it.
Speaker 9: In first place with twelve points. Sea Lane Slash Sarah Congratulations in second place with ten points Don slash Kirk Studman and in third place with seven points Sean slash Paisenberg. That means in first place and still leading on Fritz on the Street with one hundred and sixty nine points, mister in second place with one hundred and fifty four points. That mortgage guy done. And in third place with one hundred and twenty nine points mister Sean Lawson, And that is Frits on the Street.
Speaker 1: You Fritz there.
Speaker 2: He is an amazing host, the best of the best. Even when he doesn't bring me good news in the victory, call him. He's still just a pleasure to be around. So make sure you're part of Fritz's world and certainly for Fritz's fun house Trivia, which you can get involved in every single week. Go follow him in all social media platforms. You can follow him on or at the news Junkie dot Com slash share. Fritz always a pleasure to see you. Go go Tampa Bay Rays. Hell Yeah, go raise are they?
Speaker 1: Are they still in the baseball is still happening? Or is that we're on off season?
Speaker 9: It's gonna be going on until October.
Speaker 1: Okay, a long season and raiser number one right now and nic grats.
Speaker 9: But Trump is all fixed up right now, right, It's all fixed up, And I'm going to my first game next month. They are retiring number three, Evan Longoria. So me and Darcy and my brother were sitting right behind the dugout ceremony.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't know Eva Longoria played for them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you did for a long time.
Speaker 2: For the folks who don't know, the the Tropic Canna place where the Tampa Bay Race play, it was destroyed.
Speaker 1: Was it a hurricane or the hurricane really roughed up the roof. But they've they've fixed the Troup but that poor amphitheater over by the casino still has no roof. All the people that get the seats, they're still uh, they're getting rained on. Can I remember Fritz?
Speaker 2: At some point, I thought they were saying that they wanted to completely move because that place was causing them issue.
Speaker 1: They've been saying that for years. They've been threatening to go to Eborg, go to Orlando, all kinds of place. There was a big move to bring him to Orlando for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And now is the time for them to try to pull off whatever they can if they're doing as good as Fritz is saying, that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 9: I would try to see every game.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I'm glad they're doing well. And go go Tampa Race.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: When we come back, Don, you gotta hang out with us, absolutely, sir, excellent.
Speaker 1: Let's spend some time with Donn.
Speaker 2: I got some questions for him, and we'll see where this goes. Because one of them has people a little fired up today, and I want to see what Don thinks about it. I want to see what everybody thinks about him. We'll find out what's happening, because that is.
Speaker 1: Coming up next on the news, Chunky Easy.
Speaker 2: Is that our friend, that mortgage guy Don hanging out with us here on the show today?
Speaker 1: Don Earnest master Control. I know it's it's dark and mysterious Master Control.
Speaker 2: At our video feed, it always looks like Don is in witness protection program or something. It's like, yeah, like if he gets just even a little thread of sun on his face, he'll completely melt right now. But we've we got Don with this today. Don, I was talking earlier, I don't know what you think about this whole thing that we've seen with the property taxes in Florida, and they're trying to make something happen with this, And for me, I said, it looks like this could affect people who are on the lower end of the income spectrum. I'm talking about lower maybe even lower middle class people. These are people who have houses that are around two hundred thousand maybe like not even up to two fifty. Yet they're trying to get it up to two fifty or a little bit beyond. But as far as that works for just the housing market in general, do you think that.
Speaker 1: Would be bad? Good?
Speaker 2: Does it have no noticeable effect? Do we just not know because something like this hasn't been tried before.
Speaker 1: Well, what they're looking at doing is reducing the assessed value of the homes by by you know, first one hundred and fifty thousand, So it will affect everybody in their primary residence. Like if your house is assessed for four to fifty now, then you're assessed value and tax value would go down. So it's going to affect everybody across the board. I think it.
Speaker 7: I think across the board, it's going to make home buying a little more palatable because every time you make your payment, you're paying you know, your principal interest, taxes and insurance. So if the taxes are somewhere between twenty five and seventy five percent lower, that's going to make house payments lower. So I think it could help for sure with making you know, how buying a house a little more affordable. There's some other parts of it that are a little worrisome though. Well, first let's stay on this. You know, I do want to get to that.
Speaker 2: But when you stay on that front, that could be the thing that is a trigger point for somebody who would say, like, hey, I've been renting, and I know people who swear by renting, people like I think actually renting is a better financial decision. I disagree with that, but you know, whatever, to each their own. But that could be a thing that would trigger more people to go from renting to buying a house, which would like definitely inject more people into the buying market possible.
Speaker 7: I think the effect would be where you mentioned, you know, at the beginning, because people that are buying on the lower end of houses two hundred and three hundred thousand dollars houses, first time home buyers, you know, that's going to lower their payment or the cost of entry by two three four hundred dollars a month. So that's definitely going to make it more appealing to buy.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal. You know that helps. What's your problem with? What would be the things you would be concerned about.
Speaker 7: Well, they haven't really figured it out, you know, a way to make up the money that's not being collected. There was an article in the Sentinel today that the Seminal Counties, I think it was, they said they're going to have they're going to lose about two hundred and twenty million in their budget if this were to go through the way that it is, and you know that affects what they can do a lot of these small cities that our bedroom community is, like Deltna for example, or the Berry those areas that you know, the only resources they really have. They don't have any factories there or anything. Everything comes from the revenue from taxes.
Speaker 1: So they're going to see a lot more red light cameras at a lot of the Yeah, you got.
Speaker 7: To make up that money somehow. So that's the concern. Everybody wants lower taxes. I want lower taxes, but you know it could cause other services to be to decline or to be got rid of.
Speaker 2: One thing that I think we've seen, though, and I've seen a lot of evidence to back this up, is in the last ten years or you know, you get stretch it out further than this, the expenditures in a lot of these counties have just exploded. So it seems like they just want to take more and more money from the average taxpayer and then nothing really seems to change for most people. I think that's where people get frustrated, just like they just continue to take more, their budgets get bigger and bigger and bigger. I know, I saw to back up your point down. I saw that West Palm Beach and Palm Beach County were saying, well, we're gonna fall short, and then they started talking about what their police budget and their fire department budget were, and in just that county it was unbelievable. I mean, hundreds of millions of dollars. And I look at some of this and I go to me, it looks like the budgeting is out of control. Although I do think they should be careful so we make sure that there are plenty of things that can fill the gap, because especially smaller counties could suffer from this. However, I think that a lot of the reaction to this is probably all for not because it's a lot of hoops to jump through before this can happen, because I think it needs to get sixty percent of the vote. It's one of those things I believe if it's on the ballot, it has to get sixty percent to pass. Man And it's been tried before, different forms of it that didn't pass in the States, so who knows. Yeah, it's such a big hurdle with sea land. And I always talk about when this comes up, it's so hilarious that the thing that made it so you have to get sixty percent to pass something didn't get sixty percent to ass The change that made that miss necessary was something that didn't even pass by sixty percent itself.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean it would be interesting. I think it would be good.
Speaker 2: Like like you said, it's good for everybody because it takes away that first smaller chunk if you have a house that's worth let's say a couple of million dollars. Now for me, I think that they should pin these costs on people who are at the highest end of earning and these these folks can pay more. And these folks who are at one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, I mean, what's your average house in the state of Florida. One hundred and fifty thousand is is on the low end of housing costs, I think now, right.
Speaker 7: Average hell sides around high three hundred and three eighty something or like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So the people will benefit the most are definitely on the lower end of this, which is what you know. Those are the kind of programs that I'm looking for that I think will be best. Those are the people who I think are are most stressed out. And obviously it sucks man when you don't have enough money to pay all your bills.
Speaker 1: This is kind of a stupid question, but that's based on what the house is appraised at, right, Like, if I get somebody to sell me a really nice house for the very stupid price of one hundred thousand dollars, that's not going to exempt me from property taxes, right, Well, when.
Speaker 7: The house would you buy a house? When house is purchased the next year, the next tax bill, it's assessed by the tax assessor, and it's usually not like if you pay five hundred for it, it's usually going to be assessed around you know, four hundred or you know a little bit less than that, So it's never the same as what you pay for it, and then it can go up over time, but they're going to assess the value of it regardless of what you paid for it, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, here's the story I was talking about, just the idea the here's a story I was talking about. Known badger on Twitch says, does Shawn not realize that the reason Pombach County has such a high budget of police and fires because the President goes there so often. No, Historically they have had massive budgets in pom Beach County. You're I think you're trying to tell me this from a level of knowledge where I grew up in Palm Beach County. I know, I know the situation there I grew up. I used to do talk radio on the Beach County.
Speaker 1: Sewn has been arrested by those very police have, so you know what he's talking about, what to fund them?
Speaker 2: Okay, and they also you know, led to my or my arrest at one point in a strip club parking lot. But this story says, go ahead.
Speaker 7: And I was gonna say, this sounds like this could defund the police in some ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pom Beach County officials are bracing This is from WPTV. Pombage County officials are bracing for what could be the largest budget cuts in the county's history. Has been proposed property tax reductions threaten to eliminate nearly four hundred million from county operations over the next two years. So they start talking about this and they said, the pom Beach County Fire Department alone stands to lose just under two hundred million in funding. That's how much they stand to lose. Two hundred million in funding. I'm like, holy cow, they said. A major concern raise during the budget meeting centers on the proposed two hundred and fifty thousand dollars homestead exemption, which may not represent the final figure. The exemption could potentially increase to five hundred further deepening the budget shortfall. So a lot of these articles that are factoring in what they think the damage done is going to be are factoring in that it is going to go higher. We don't even know that it's going to be able to pass. To begin with and they're like they're going higher with it as for now. This as county leaders are examining mileage or millage rates and identifying cost saving opportunities. Were particularly attention to Pombage County Sheriff's Office. The Pombage County Sheriff's office budget, which has increased more than two hundred and sixteen percent over the past twenty years, according to county records, would be a problem. In particular, Commissioners agree they would like staff to negotiate with all constitutional officers, including the Sheriff's office, which was one of the biggest points of discussion during the meeting.
Speaker 1: So I mean that, like, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: This isn't during just you know, the time that Trump has been in office, or because of marro A Lago or anything like that. These are the Pombage County Sheriff's office is only an example, but this is happening at a lot of police station's fire station. The budget's just balloon everywhere. Nobody wants the budget to go down. Ever ever, they always want the budget to go up. Nobody ever goes. You know what, we can buckle up around here. We can reduce a couple of things we can change the way we're spending here. Nobody ever does that. They always want to just keep their hand out taking more of your money. And that's why I like things that put the money back in the pocket of the tax payer. But let us know what you thinks in a dispatch or an email. How are things looking in the housing market as of this moment.
Speaker 1: I mean, things are busy, really busy.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 7: It's the busiest month we've had. It's busier than the last couple Junes that we've had, So, I mean, we're on track for a record year and things are booming. Even though the rates are a little bit up right now because of the stuff and Oran, they're still close to three year lows. You know, these are just they're up a little bit depending on what headlines and what tweets go out, But everything's staying pretty stable and business is booming.
Speaker 2: Man, it's so crazy to me when you go to buy your house, because we're messing around in Iran right now, you have to worry about things getting more expensive.
Speaker 1: That rocks my world. But when you first heard of the idea of Twitter, though, and you're like, oh, it's this weird, this new little kind of thing. It's a cute little social experiment. You can only do one hundred and forty characters, oh whatever you want. Nobody fathomed the idea that one tweet could have that much effect on things, right, you know. It's like like the story about that agent that was like at the baseball game and he was about to land some super huge deal and he's like, wait, I'm going to interrupt this game by sending a text message because they're gonna Now everybody's going to know that, I know, some superstar just signed millions of dollar contract, right, and you know they got plenty of time to talk in between plays. So that's what's going to happen next. Yeah, it's crazy, it is.
Speaker 7: It's really crazy how much impact you know, some comments can make, and stock trading in you know, the bond markets, all kinds of things can be affected by simple comments now, which is pretty bananas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just trying to buy a house, trying to get into a whole ownership. Well, the one thing you can do is if you are trying to navigate all of this and all of the craziness that clearly we're talking about here, you can pick somebody who's going to make it a more affordable journey for you, and make sure you're not making all the mistakes that you'll make if you don't have the massive knowledge base that Don has, because he's.
Speaker 1: Not done this one or two times.
Speaker 2: He's done this a lot of times more time than anybody ever will do it on their own, So make sure you're using him. He's the expert that mortgage guy Don dot com. If you're just kind of flirting around with it, one great way to start expanding your knowledge base is to flirt with doms. But if you don't want to try that, then you could listen to the radio show. And I think all the past episodes are even available on the website.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, everywhere you get a Spotify spreaker or on the website, you can listen to you over if you want to, over three hundred past episodes.
Speaker 2: M you can make you a genius on this right thing. To take it all in all right, thank you so much. He's the best that mortgage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Sean, Thanks Chilane.
Speaker 2: Make sure when you're in need of the expertise that he definitely has and puts on display here, you reach out.
Speaker 1: It's really easy to do. Go to that mortgage guy down dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're in a position where you already have some number that they've sent over to you, just check to see it's the right number.
Speaker 1: Just check.
Speaker 2: Don't waste money, just check. Send it over to that mortgage guy down dot com. Don we'll see you next week, but see you next week. There he goes, all right, we're gonna take a quick break when we come back. Jury duty is on the way. We got some stories that we've been following over the months. I still have this clip to get into. I'll play that when we come back. That'll be the first one. Six point six million views. This thing is blowing up.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear it? That's coming up next on the news chunk key no skull mic on a Thursday.
Speaker 1: There's been a couple doll mics that thank God, thank God for do Mike.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's somebody who sent in a dispatch one of the first ones after I added the whole anonymous feature, and their username was school do mic is better than skull Mic, And I was like, oh man, look at that. Do Mike greater than skull Mike was was their particular dispatch user username please.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 2: I also wanted to tell you there are people who are just testing out the anonymous dispatch feature Sea Lamb, and they wanted to see if it works, and they want to see if it hides their identity properly. Okay, I'll give you an example of that. Because now, when you're sending a dispatch on the website or the android app right now, but it's it's going to be released on the iOS app in the next couple of days here too, you could just hit the little button that says anonymous you don't really want it your voice or whatever on the show, and I get that, well, they're less likely to get played by the way in the future. I want people who are going to put their name behind it and stuff usually, but I do want this as an option for people. And this person said, I want to see if this works here go.
Speaker 4: I guess. I hope you guys will do well. I wonder if you guys will be able to figure out who this is anonymous sleep. I just wanted to things by.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, I'm not gonna say who it is.
Speaker 1: No, No, that would would be uncouth. I'm not going to say who it is.
Speaker 2: That's not on me, but I could tell maybe other people couldn't. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag with that one. But thank you for your dispatch. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 5: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to win your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the noose Junkie.
Speaker 2: Jury duty brought to you by the one the only modu WD of the DeWit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just CALLMO eight eight hundred, eight hundred Calmo or go to just call eight hundred Calmo, or go to just Calmo dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. There's a few stories we need to hit on here.
Speaker 2: Speaking of hitting on, a Delta Airlines passenger has been arrested and charged with a federal offense after a flight attendant alleged he slapped her on the ass during in flight service. And this occurred back in May. Cody Maluk Cody what are you doing? Thirty two years old, was indicted by a federal grand jury in Atlanta on June ninth for interference with crew member or a crew members or attendants consider a federal crime that carries I want you to think about this. You creepers, you weirdos, you drunkards, You people who are out there flying around on planes thinking I've had a couple too many.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna grab this flight attendants. I'm gonna slap their ass.
Speaker 2: This guy is facing twenty years in federal prisons, allright. He is facing because it's a federal offense, what he did and what he's charged with, and I think they might want to make an example out of somebody doing this. All you have to do is not be a weirdo to not face this punishment. But he is facing up to twenty years in prison if convicted on this, So Cody Maluck would probably like to take this back, I would think. According to the complaint, the flight attendant believed that he was asleep and initially passed by his seat and began assisting a nearby passenger when she felt a slap on her buttocks area with sufficient force to cause her body to move forward. She then turned around immediately and saw Maluck raising his hands and stating words to the effect of I didn't do anything, and he was trying to pretend like it wasn't him, but she knew what was going on. According to the complaint, Mluck said he didn't hear anyone asking if he wanted a beverage because he was wearing headphones. He said he didn't mean harm or disrespect. He was just trying to get her attention. He said he did touch her buttocks area, but he didn't slap her hard enough to move her forward.
Speaker 1: So many ways of getting attention that aren't that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you, but how about this, if you're the person who's going Sure, I slapped the flight attendant's ass, but I didn't slap it hard enough that she would be moving forward. What exactly do you think that argument's going to do? Do you think that's gonna win normies over because it's not. They're gonna be like, Okay, I think that this is an issue and you're probably not going to come out on the winning side of it.
Speaker 1: But there we go.
Speaker 2: Also in courtrooms right now, Costco is firing back at these lawsuit claims that they have been fake advertising their chicken prices. Costco's firing back at a class action lawsuit that accused its popular five dollars rotissary chicken of being falsely advertised. Two Costco customers said the Kirkland signature season rotisserie chicken mmmm good contains preservatives despite being marketed as preservative free. Costco said that is nonsense. They said the according to the lawsuit, they said it contained karagian karagenin and a little bit of carried genin in there. Costco says that the lawsuit is fatally fawed. These are not preservatives that they're talking about, and get out of here your I hope that if they lose the lawsuit they get rid of the memberships. I think if you see Costco and you lose, I think they should.
Speaker 1: Take your Costco membership. I think they should take it away from you because you don't deserve the glory of Costco in those four ninety nine those things are freakishly large, by the way, because of all the.
Speaker 2: Naga Naga, Yeah, all of that hopped up in there. And finally, injury duty today, mailbox money from our friends at Google. I want you to search for something in your email. I know it's a handful of words, words, but don't worry. It could pay off. This is a sixty eight million dollars settlement of mailbox money and you were supposed to get an email, So Google Email search the following Google Assistant Privacy Litigation settlement one more time, Google Assistant Privacy Litigation settlement. If you search for your Google Emails or your Gmail as it were, for that Google Assistant Privacy litigation settlement, you will see the email that you most likely miss and that is about having one of these Google Assistant devices and they were listening in to you over a ten year period on multiple device that you If you had a Google device that had a Google Assistant from May eighteenth, twenty sixteen to March nineteenth, twenty twenty six that's a decade.
Speaker 1: If you had one of these.
Speaker 2: You're entitled to a piece of that sixty eight million dollar settlement.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a Vice assistant? I have. I've had one.
Speaker 2: I think, think I gotta I gotta dig it up. But if you've had more than one device, you get a bigger share of the money. Depending on how many devices you have you have, I've never had a Google Assistant.
Speaker 1: I just lie. That's what well, I've already said it on the air now, so that's probably a little hard for me. As soon as the words came out of my mouth. I went, Nah, should a lot about that when we come back. We got a bunch of feedback to get to.
Speaker 2: We have a new website that is causing chaos because of what allows people to do. I'll tell you what it is and how it's impacting people, and we'll do the Power Hour because that's coming up next on the news junk key. A lot of stuff freaking me out today. I got to get to some of these clips though. First things first, I guess this was something coming up. What's coming up? We were talking about a different things like the property taxes stuff and et cetera, et cetera. We've been talking about how expensive things are. I got some emails on that. But here is the President talking about this. I guess at the White House yesterday.
Speaker 1: The right people come into our everybody want you can serve us?
Speaker 3: The president about the latest inflation number which came out this morning.
Speaker 1: Could that be a no?
Speaker 5: I love it the numbers, you know what, I really loved I love it.
Speaker 13: You know what because as soon as this war is over, you know, I can say it now something you didn't know?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 13: We've been taking out millions of barrels of oil. Nobody knows it.
Speaker 9: You know who does what I do now until right now?
Speaker 2: So I did he say he loved I don't know if he said he loved inflation or if love inflation.
Speaker 1: He said he loved the numbers. But it sounded like I love inflation. Let me go back when the latest.
Speaker 3: Inflation number which came out this morning.
Speaker 1: Could that be a no, I love it numbers.
Speaker 5: You know what I really love.
Speaker 1: I love the inflation.
Speaker 13: You know what, because as soon as this war is over, you know, I can say it.
Speaker 2: It sounded like I said I love inflation. Maybe he was trying to say I love the inflation numbers, but I love inflation. I don't love inflation. No, I'm I'm not a big fan necessarily. And then I also something about we've been taking some oil or doing something and telling the press for the first time with the cameras.
Speaker 1: Rolling, so nobody knows.
Speaker 2: I don't see if any of that means anything. I also wanted to share this with you. Hang on, let me see if I can find the particular clip, because this was nightmare material.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: This is in Russia, and I'll put this up on see it now in case you want to just freak somebody out. A biblical swarm of mosquitoes. Those are mosquitos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over.
Speaker 2: Has taken over this town in Russia, and I'm talking about I think there are billions of.
Speaker 1: The whole town has malaria.
Speaker 2: The whole old town has been infected with all of these mosquitoes. And the swarm is so big it looks like something out of the Bible. And they don't know what to do. They don't know how to get rid of them. They're like clouds of mosquitoes. Again, I'm gonna put this up.
Speaker 1: Let me get a screenshot of this so after I play it, I could put it up in the Sea It Now section of the website and the app, and you can peek at this. But here it is.
Speaker 2: Look how crazy You can't even see anything.
Speaker 1: I'll mute this, but you can't even see anything.
Speaker 2: There's so many mosquitoes that are flying around this area. It's so dense with mosquitoes that you you would probably just drop dead just by a million pin pricks if you wandered through this area. Does anybody there have any blood left? It doesn't look like it. If I lived here, I'd say, well, we're moving. Yeah, this is it. Yeah, this is it. We're going to go somewhere else. The inflation numbers don't matter anymore. We're going to wherever they don't have this many mosquitoes at this particular time. But that is in Russia where bury Yadia, b U Ryatia at this place in Russia has been swarmed with so many mosquitoes that they're trying to figure out how to deal with it. They're just in clouds that have been hitting all of them. A massive cloud of mosquitoes in Russia is what we're looking at, and you could check it out for yourself over on.
Speaker 1: See it now.
Speaker 2: It's over on cn now in the news Junkie app. Take a peek of that. It says a massive cloud of mosquitos in Russia. You'll be able to see it when you click the link over there on the website. I want nothing to do with that, and I think you probably feel the same way. But give it a shot. We'll get to more of your dispatches here. In a moment, I talked about this new viral website that a lot of people were discussing. I mentioned this not that long ago. We actually mentioned this, I think on secret shows at some point in time. But there is this new website and it's a it's on a sort of controversial domain. I think pump dot fun or something is the actual name of it.
Speaker 1: And dot fun is controversial house fun, controversial fun.
Speaker 2: Well not not not necessarily like the what is it called the TLD which is the dot com, dot net, dot gov, dot org, whatever nerd. Not necessarily that part. But the pump dot funwebsite is a weird uh crypto pumping website.
Speaker 1: It's the one that like just lets you make your own crypto coin or something like.
Speaker 2: You can generate a cryptocin, you can stream to the audience and do some wild crazy stuff. You can post things to drawing attention, and when you draw an attention to your completely worthless cryptocurrency, people can bet to see if that goes up, and then you try to make money before the bottom falls out and everybody gets screwed.
Speaker 1: I guess that's fine. Pump dot fun just walks away with all the millions, says sealers. Has been a good time.
Speaker 2: So they added a section of their website. And I don't even know if I should be visiting this, but I will. Pump dot fun. They added a section of the website called callouts, and they are offering people money to do all sorts of stuff. I'll give you some examples of some of the bounties that are out there right now.
Speaker 1: Here's one. This is quite a bit.
Speaker 2: If you use the betting website, I don't care whatever, dot Com and you place a bet at the peak of Mount Everest, they are willing to pay you fifty three five and forty seven dollars.
Speaker 1: It's a little out of reach for me.
Speaker 2: I won't be placing a bet at the peak of Mount Everest. That one's not going to do it for me. This is somebody at the World Cup. A twenty three thousand dollars bounty for somebody who will go to every World Cup match from the opening game through the quarterfinals and produce and submit qualifying videos from every match played. So that's like somebody trying to get content out of it. I guess, like video content.
Speaker 1: Do you know how much it costs to climb Mount Everst? Is it more than fifty thousand dollars? I mean once you tack on all of the I mean probably the trip there and all the gear you're gonna need. But before taking a single step on the mountain, you must pay government and administrative fees. The Nepal South Side permit is fifteen thousand dollars per climber. Oh my god, well it makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty particular thing, and they have to all the people get stuck up there cost them a lot of money.
Speaker 1: The Tibet North Side permit, depending on team size and operator, can cost nineteen to fifty five thousand dollars. Wow. Other fees include liaison officers, icefall doctors, and mandatory garbage and waste deposits approximately four thousand, partially refundable. Then there's guides and logistics. That's a lot of money. International Western operators, private guide sherpas, unlimited oxygen, high altitude helicopter support. Stupid expensive to climb Mount Everest. And I'm gonna say it right here and right now. I don't care how controversial this is. I'm not doing it, all right, I am not doing it. I'm turning down the offer. Writ down six eleven. Here's an easier one for some of you. Host a best butt contest in real life. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: Minimum twenty willing adult participants, and you will get eight and forty seven dollars. I feel like that's doable. All you need to do is find twenty people willing to be in a best butt contest.
Speaker 1: Everybody gets that's that's not bad. Yeah, and reality.
Speaker 2: If you have the best butt content with one thousand dollars prize and you get twenty other dopes to join in, then you've made yourself some pretty big change there.
Speaker 1: They have to be good butts or like, can you and I just find eighteen other you know people contest, organize and host the best but Beauty contest with a minimum of twenty willing adult participants, think fun, high energy event vibes. Contestants are judged by live audience appause or a panel vote. Film the full event from intro to winter announcement. All participants must be consenting adults and comfortable on camera. The more entertaining and well produced video, the better. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's the best butt contests.
Speaker 1: Tests. That's not bad.
Speaker 2: That is I might get into this. I'll participate too, So I only need nineteen more people. Let me know if you're going to take place or take you if you'll participate this with them? No, no, no, not you because you've you mocked me, so you are out of the competition.
Speaker 1: I would have given you two hundred dollars too. I would have done that.
Speaker 2: The splits four hundred, well, you know, I would have given you two hundred dollars. I would have done that for you. I would have given you two hundred dollars. And then everybody else who's participating all the fine butts in chat right now? Oh my god, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: All the production I'm gonna have to do for the best butt contest and it's only two hundred bucks? All right?
Speaker 2: Two fifty? Well, I'll do two fifty. Two hundred and fifty dollars. Bingo bango. We got ourselves a deal. This is kind of a recipe for disaster in a way to set up a website where you pay people for prank monkey stuff. But they're doing it regardless, So make some money if you have the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Who's the address on pump dot fund? Is that the tips at the news junkie dot com?
Speaker 2: No? No, what do you mean? Who's address on pump doves? You used to be the prank monkey guy? You think I'm paying somebody seven thousand dollars for a best booty competition.
Speaker 1: Hell no, noah, no, Look, your price keeps going down. It might be you. I can't do that.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of these up there, though, that are very very I would say lucrative really if you're able to pull it off. But you know, godspeed Pump dot Fun beware over there. It's a very very weird website. A couple of emails coming in tips at the news Junkie dot com. Mike says, you were talking about pizza prices on the show recently. He says, can you get a pizza for ten bucks?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: The question is do you want to eat a ten dollars pizza? Doubtful. I can't think of a single place that has a pie at that price point that doesn't suck. Maybe a frozen pizza at the grocery store. You could definitely get some of the cheaper frozen ones. The good frozen ones are a little more expensive. I'm down with loving pizza though. Pizza, yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. But what I want to I'll show you what I was saying yesterday is if you go even I'm not talking about some weird place here, choose any two mix and match for six ninety.
Speaker 1: Nine a piece. I don't know if these are me or not.
Speaker 2: Carry Out seven ninety nine, a large, one topping pizza and eight wings or boneless chicken seven ninety nine.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy stuff. Cruss ten ninety nine. So you can get stuff for cheaper than ten bucks. You just have to be smart and sort of bargain shop. And when it comes to the pizza, if you're going to do that for dinner for your family, what I was saying was you got to do the carryout to keep it as some sort of a deal, because the moment you start adding delivered to the equation, well, you're piling money on money on money. Then all of a sudden, it's thirty bucks, thirty five bucks, forty bucks, God only knows from there. This is Anthony emailing tips of the news Junkie dot com. He's talking about that guy yesterday, Selane, who had the general store that was overrun by sex offenders. And this guy had a big property and all these sex offenders started to use it as their address and they set up shop in the woods and they're they're not able to leave because if they leave their ankle monitors will go off they do their meetings with their probation or probation hearings and stuff like that at this particular place. And this guy's like, I just want to get the sex offenders out of here. This is my property right now. Anthony says, this guy has a five acre lot. Could he not donate let's say, a quarter acre to the city or county to build a playground. I'm pretty sure sex offenders cannot work. I was like, why is he donating to the sex offenders? No, that's not a terrible idea. He said that might be a worthy investment. I don't know if that would work, like Anthony says, but he said, if you build a playground, they can't come.
Speaker 1: Can you build your own playground on okay? Can you build your own playground on your own property that you don't donate it? But you're like, all right, this is a playground. I don't know the logistics of this, but that's his idea. He's saying that the guy with the general store and the sex offender problem could possibly build a playground and then work them out of this equation like you're not allowed to be here. He could really do that for anybody, I guess all right, quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll get to your thoughts, what's going on in your world and your emails and dispatch and all of that.
Speaker 1: Are you listening to me? Can I go to I can't go to break. I've been telling you like three times in your ear that we haven't started the power Hour.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I didn't hear that. I didn't hear any of that. OK, yeah, yeah, do you want to do that?
Speaker 1: We have to ruined. It was just about to do. I was literally just about to do. They said done.
Speaker 2: Then they said, what's the worst thing that could happen?
Speaker 1: Well, I get infested with sex offenders around here or something.
Speaker 4: On the news.
Speaker 1: Chuk That's why I waited. That's why I waited.
Speaker 2: I knew that was coming, and I said, well, I can't just let him play this out of context. It won't say anything that makes sense. So I'll set it up like a good broadcaster. Presto bango. We're good to go. By the way, did you put the you had a note for me? You know I'm sweating in here. You know I got problems in this studio today. Did you put the note for me on the screen?
Speaker 8: On?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I said it in your ear. That's the thing I used the screen. Oh now I heard you, Yeah you did, of course. Oh do we need to do the power hours? How we already did the power out? Okay, we'll take a quick break. We'll come back with the more power hour and we'll also find out what happened to somebody who was just sentenced to four years. But four years does not seem enough for what was done here, what happened?
Speaker 1: Wait till you hear this. It's coming up next on the news Junkie. We want to hear from you.
Speaker 2: We got your dispatches and emails all cueued up before the end of the show. Well, absolutely work those in. I promise you as much. We will also see what's going on with various other clips that need to be worked in before the end of the show. Today, I'm sweating. I'm starting to sweat here. Oh no, yeah, Still Austin is still working away. Oh stood, still working away in the studio.
Speaker 1: Still has not fixed the problem that has had us limping along today. I mean ever, seems like he hasn't fixed the AC either.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no. He comes back in and he's like, I think it's this, and I go how do I fix that? You know that it doesn't matter. I got to get mills there, got to get that going on, just piling on today. Man, I am telling you, I don't say this lightly. When I get into a route of bad luck, it just piles on me. I told you about Courtney's car, right and her car all of a sudden went into this weird limp mode.
Speaker 1: And her car is not even.
Speaker 2: Mercedes. Right on the features, Eric Carr goes into limp motors. The car is only like a couple years old. It's almost a brand new car. And her car goes.
Speaker 1: Just outside of warranty.
Speaker 2: It's a limp mode. Well that's the thing. So I go, what what's going on with this? And they said, don't worry, it's covered by a warranty. It's a problem that these cars can have. And the mechanic I brought it to said, I'll get it towed over to the Mercedes dealership. It's like a ten to twelve thousand dollars fix, but they pick it up because it's you know, there's a warranty on this. And I said, okay, good, great, fantastic. And then they I called them and I go, hey, you've had my car for a while and they go, yeah, it's done.
Speaker 1: It's done. It's ready to go. Come pick it up.
Speaker 2: And I said, all right, how much is it and they said two hundred and fifty dollars And I said, okay, what's that for? And they said, we did a computer update. We had to do a software update for your car. You can only do those here. So we did that for you, and we updated the software. Sorry, what we can only do them here. And they cost two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Fifty dollars for a software update, Kiss my ass.
Speaker 2: And I said, did you do all the thing that you brought the car there to fix? And they said, oh, we didn't have to. Now that was a name mechanic doesn't know what he's talking about. This is the real problem. And we got it fixed. Don't worry, Come pick up your car. So we drove all the way to pick up the car this weekend. Courty was all excited. We're driving the car around. We're like, we're back in action, baby, things are happening for us here. And they didn't do the actual work. So a day and a half later, all of a sudden, check engine light goes on again, I scanned the check engine light thing, and I'm getting the same exact codes for cylinder three that I was getting beforehand, causing me to have to bring the car all the way back to the Mercedes dealership. Now, it's my theory, and I don't know if this is true or not. You mechanics can tell me whether or not I'm right about this or if this is a crazy conspiracy theory. My theory is that they didn't want to do the work that was covered and they wanted to send me home with a quick update that was two hundred and fifty bucks so that they didn't get hooked in for the labor or whatever that they thought they were going to get screwed on. And they said, maybe he'll go to a Mercedes dealership that's closer to them. We'll give it back to him, and then they'll go, oh, it's still broken, I'll go to one that's closer to me this time. Well, kiss my ass, I'm coming right back to you. I'm going to the same dealership that I was supposed to do this to begin with. I'm bringing the car right back there until we get this fixed. But I felt like they were like, uh, let's dodge a bullet here. We don't want to have to do the work. And the dealership was like, we still want to charge him.
Speaker 1: We can't.
Speaker 2: We're not sending out of here with no money. You know, we're taking some money from him, but we'll do it for this And now the car's back. Check engine line is back on this car. Two hundred and fifty bucks for a software update is wild, crazy, crazy, And they say, yeah, it's been waiting. He's just been waiting the whole time. And I don't know enough about any of this. My mechanic guy said he had it handled for me, and he did, but then they just did something different. They even told my mechanic they fixed the cylinder. They told him that they did the work. So now I have to have my mechanic tell me what to say, and then go there and tell them do the work. For God's sake, do what you're supposed to do. I don't have to go back and forth. I got enough things going on in my life. Kurt says, correct. They're often lazy about doing real, actual thorough diagnosignostics of the dealership because the low level guys can't do that. Just one or two Master Texts. Yeah, I mean I think that it would have had to sit there for a while and then the Mercedes picks up the tab. But the dealership probably doesn't make money like they do off all of the other cars, so they wanted to push it away.
Speaker 1: That's what my feeling was.
Speaker 2: Again, I might be wrong with that's just the vibe IY gone on what was going on at this dealership. And so I've got to get that fixed and bring that back and do all of that stuff. And that is adding to a massive, massive pile of things that are just going wrong in the world of Sean. All Things Sean, All Things the News Junkie, and now AC is not working in the studio. That's problem. The one of the big things in the control tower is not work. We're able to do the show.
Speaker 1: You guys probably aren't even noticing that much, but for.
Speaker 2: Us, we're not able to do it the way that we want to do it, and it requires a little bit more work. The whole thing is just frustrating. I just get in these routes. I don't know if that happens anybody else. We're all of a sudden, you're just like in a bad luck route and you have all these annoying problems that.
Speaker 1: Are piling up. I'm hoping I get out of it soon.
Speaker 2: Let's see a big thanks by the way, big giant thanks to cat B for another five gifted subscriptions.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Those are subscriptions you can claim at the newsjunky dot com right now. Thanks to all the people who have gifted subscriptions unlocking secret shows for you, so create an account. Grab those subscriptions courtesy at cat be. We appreciate that. Claim them while you can right now. Here are a few people emailing tips to the neews junky dot com. This is from m who says the Palm Beach Sheriff's office they're out of control. Budget has caused a great deal by Sheriff Rick Bradshaw. He's been in that office way too long and his outrageous budget requests or legendary Not too long ago, they moved into a glass office center and a very expensive building with luxury offices in a full gym that a lot of commercial facilities would envy. Some smaller communities have pulled away from paying them and are setting up their own police forces due to expensive bills from the sheriff's office. Definitely too much money allowed for them. For Palm Beach County, says this person, Well, don't worry. You never can think about this. You're never allowed to complain about this.
Speaker 1: You're not. You just have to be a good citizen and just keep paying and paying and paying. And pang and pang and pang and pang and pang, and the people who don't complain about it, whether they tend to be on the winning end of this, Tom says, the issue with property.
Speaker 2: Taxes is that they never go away. Eighty year old pensioners on a fixed income still have to pay. I would support a graduate to decrease to zero based on age. Maybe it starts around sixty and goes down every year until it reaches zero. I'd be fine with that too. These people don't have kids draining the system. But it's absolutely wrong that a person is eternally renting their home from their local governm eternally renting your home from a local government and without a choice. To me, one of the most American things that could be out there in the marketplace is choice. But we still have things where we can't choose, Like you can't choose where you're getting your power from most places. Most places you just have to get the power or don't get the power.
Speaker 1: We're not all the way.
Speaker 2: Some of you got solar setups and stuff, but were for me. I'm not all the way where I could power my house like that and not notice the difference. So for now, we have to make these choices like this, and with your police and you're with your fire department, with your budget, whether these things you really you don't have any control over. It just kind of sucks. And then the idea that they're like, well if you do this, we're gonna lose a lot of our budget.
Speaker 1: Okay, well then let's talk.
Speaker 2: It's time now for a lot of these counties, a lot of these places to say we need to rethink things. Maybe we've gone a bit too far with the budget. We can't just balloon the budget endlessly upwards. Sometimes we're going to have to reduce the budget. Sometimes we're gonna have to reduce taxes. Otherwise, you have a new generation that pops on and they're frustrated as they are.
Speaker 1: They are frustrated right now.
Speaker 2: You know why they're frustrated because over the years, all the taxes that are built up, all the budgets that have built up, all the increases in home values that are built up, the increase in the price of cars, regulations and a million different reasons, and all the feature sets that are included in all these things make buying a car and a house and anything else much more difficult. They're just saddled with all that, and the government never says, Okay, we've been a little bit greedy. We'll dial it down. They go, if this doesn't happen, you won't get the fire department at your house when your house is on fire. They use fear tactics to handle stuff like that. You better keep paying for the rest of your life. You better keep paying. And it's going to get more expensive and more expensive for you and your kids and all this stuff. You better keep paying forever and don't complain. Otherwise the fire department won't show up at your house when it happens to catch you on like that. That's a really untenable long term situation. I say all these counties should be on the hook for any additional expenditures. We should monitor their budget incredibly close to make sure they're not wasting our money, because it's our money, and I say we should get a lot more benefits out of the money we are paying in.
Speaker 1: That's what I want.
Speaker 2: If you think that's crazy, well, I mean I don't think normal people do. I think a lot of people hear that and they go yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that sounds about right to me. But let me know on the way out, because we got to do the final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Thank you for your patience today. Thank you, by the way, for all your gifted subscriptions today. Let me see if there's any of those left, because there were so many that were gifted, there are about sixteen. Out of all of those, there are about sixteen left, so that means one for you. So go over to the news Junkie dot com, take like a second of year time at create an account and you'll have a premium subscription giving you access to uncentered secret shows for free courtesy of the folks like Brad Wallace, Some State, John Kat b Meep and DJ Rage and everybody else who was generous today.
Speaker 1: So that is greatly appreciated.
Speaker 2: The work on the studio continues, and that's one of the great ways you can help out, So thank you for that. Go claim those while you can, while you have time. It literally takes you two seconds to go to the news junkie dot com, or if you download the app, it takes you a couple of seconds to create an account. Then you'll see that there are subscriptions available and hit claim and that's it done. Your access is granted, just like that, courtesy of those fine people. All right, here's the story I tease, let me pay this off. The California woman who was an OnlyFans fetish star who ended up killing this guy, a fifty six year old named Michael Dale because he had a fetish to be glued up.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you heard anything about this glued up to something.
Speaker 2: He wanted to be wrapped in plastic like a mummy, and then he wanted her to glue women's boots to his feet. That was his fetish. She did it, and the guy died, and they just sentenced her. She got four years for this. Four years And.
Speaker 1: You don't think that's enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's kind of crazy, but he was willing he was a willing participant. He just happened to die during it. He paid more than eleven thousand dollars to do this fetish back and forth stuff, this role play. It's sure as hell is it was two consenting adults and it was BDSM. But the guy died and they said, you know, the guy was drunk when she got there, and she proceeded anyway, So maybe that was one of the reasons.
Speaker 1: But four years is what she got for that. You can tell us if you think that was enough or no, no, no. And with that, I think it's time to get the hell out of here. Here we go, friends, let's do today.
Speaker 2: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 1: How it's done. What we call today learn.
Speaker 2: Today I learned for a Thursday, June eleventh, twenty twenty six. Thanks for being with us today. Honest to God, it is you. Thanks for sticking around.
Speaker 1: It is you. You are the reason for this season.
Speaker 2: You are the reason why we wake up and do this every day, and God bless you for it.
Speaker 1: Here we go today learned this show.
Speaker 2: Full house is right full house and Friends were shot on the exact same stage. When Full House wrap production, they almost immediately started redesigning things for a new set where it was going to be apartments in New York's City, and they said, this show will never catch on.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Those two shows did not overlap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that show's friends turned out to be the massive show Friends. So they learned this guy right here marked up Jordan's that's right, mister Montel Jordan of This Is How We Do It and his other relevant hits as well.
Speaker 1: He was also a Rhodes Scholarship finalist. Smart guy, big brain, big old brain.
Speaker 2: He can help me out with that ass shaking competition so I can get six or seven thousand dollars to go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need that. Thank you b hanging having with us. We do appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow, same time, same place, Miss Eddy of the show. Get the podcast over at the Newsjunkie dot com. We'll see you next time, everybody.
Speaker 1: I take the keys to the mock frunt, get the fade. Honey's in the street. Same money, do we need it