Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Top Sheldon five one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years and now postgames sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings, Liberty Township, sixty nine sixty three South Liberty Drive near Lakota East High School, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. This is Chick Ludwig and I'm alongside Bengals legendary strong safety David Fulcher nickname faux rock, and we are breaking down the Bengals twenty to eighteen loss to the Cleveland Browns in the regular season finale for both teams, like a wrecking ball. Mike mills Is are awesome on site engineer Shoeless. Joe Waddell is producing back in our Kenwood studios. Wings, rings, burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, Wings and Rings has it all. We're here at the Liberty Township location until eight thirty tonight and you are invited. And if you can't be here in person, join us by calling five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or one eight hundred the big one. Like a wrecking ball, Let's go big, like a wrecking ball, Let's go and faux rock. The Bengals lose twenty to eighteen. That's two points. Yes, they give up two defensive touchdowns, yes. Evan McPherson misses two extra point ticks.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And what hurts is the most that two rookies quarterbacks should Durre Sanders and place kicker Andre Smitt. And of course the veteran Miles Garrett helps beat the Bengals today. Man, I'm upset, you.
Speaker 4: Know, It's funny how you say this. I'm like, I hear all these. You know, we miss two field goals, we give up two touchdowns on offense, and then we lose by two. We should have played the numbers to two because we might win. The team didn't, but it was ugly.
Speaker 2: It was and Rock instead of a sweep, the Bengals have to settle for a split. Yeah, but there is a silver lining that all the folks out there want to know about. They've been rooting for it. The updated draft order has the Bengals selecting ninth with a six and eleven record instead of eleventh. Yes or lower.
Speaker 4: Yes, So that's the silver liner.
Speaker 2: But the Bengals defense Rock allowed only two field goals today the entire game. The defense was strong for fifty eight minutes and thirty one seconds, but it yielded a ten play forty yard drive the final one twenty nine after the Bengals scored and went ahead, and kicker Andre smit the goat Week one when he missed an extra point and a field goal, crushed the forty nine yard field goal at the gun for the walk off win.
Speaker 4: Just think about this. We talk about this football team and how the defense don't make the plays, the offense scores forty points and we wind up losing to forty. Today, the defense played their butts off and then we gave up fourteen twelve points in a sense, or kicked the field goal fourteen points on the offensive side of the ball. So once again, when they are working on all cylinders, that means offense, defensive, special teams are working together in sink, you're gonna win football games. And today offense defense, yes, offense, no special teams know, and guess what happens, we lose the game.
Speaker 2: Jim Schwartz, the defensive coordinator at the Cleveland Browns, he's due.
Speaker 4: I think you'll agree with me.
Speaker 2: Rock. He belongs as a head football coach in the National Football League. Once upon a time, he was with the Detroit Lions for five years.
Speaker 4: Yes, but he is.
Speaker 2: One of the best defensive coordinators in all of the foot all of football. And he's got Zach Taylor's number, Yes he does. He's got the Bengals number. Even though the Bengals one opening week man it was ugly low scoring and if Andre Schmid had kicked a field goal, the Browns would have won Week one.
Speaker 4: The Bengals could have got swept by the Browns. They probably they should have. The first game they should have lost, yes, but they didn't because of the missfield goals. Today's game, if the offense would do what they've been doing for the last couple of weeks, they could have ran Cleveland right out of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: We're on the the Bengals are on the door staff to take a two touchdown lead, but a tipped pass and then a ninety seven yard interception return picked six started the ball rolling. All of a sudden, the Browns are up seven to six, and then before you could go to the refrigerator from your living room.
Speaker 4: It's fourteen to six. Another of fumbles. He's done that twice this year. Man sold a game. This game rock.
Speaker 2: The Bengals have their big three on the field, Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase t Higgins and ed Chase Brown did the mix. They shouldn't lose to the Browns.
Speaker 4: No, they should with those studs on the field. And the Browns offense is really brutal. They're bad. They're not that good at all. And we offensively, we let the offensive team of the Cleveland Browns hang around for them to get what they did at the end of the game. We should have blown the Cleveland Browns right out of that stadium and none of that stuff that happened at the end should have ever happened. I want to read you rock.
Speaker 2: The stats at halftime, ugly, Bengals are trailing fourteen to twelve. The Bengals lead in first downs fourteen to two.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: They lead in the number of plays thirty eight to eighteen.
Speaker 4: They lead in total.
Speaker 2: Yards to thirty one forty wow yards per play. Bengals lead six point one to two point two, passing yards one twenty seven to twenty six, and rushing yards one oh four to fourteen. Time of possession twenty one minutes thirty one seconds to the Browns eight minutes and twenty nine seconds. And what's happening.
Speaker 4: It just goes Bengals are traveling. It just goes to show chick, stats don't mean nothing. Stats don't mean nothing. Is the number of the points that are on that board. And that's why this is an embarrassing loss, because you dominated every phase of the game outside of turnovers. You should have won this football game hands down.
Speaker 2: And even though this rivalry, this Battle of Ohio, that was a split this year, even though both teams.
Speaker 4: Have losing records. Yes, it was a good one.
Speaker 2: Brown's five and twelve Bengals six and eleven. It still matters. It does to the Browns family. It does man and to Paul Brown he's in his grave spin it.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you when we played Cleveland many many years ago, when Paul Brown was there, he used to tell us, you need to sleep in the basement, you need to stay away from your family because it's Brown's week or it's Steeler week. Yes, and let me tell you he didn't care about nothing.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't even let reporters come into the facility at spending Spennyfield. There you go, Spennyfield. He wouldn't let reporters come in and talk to us until we finished practice at three o'clock in the afternoon. Wow, because it wasn't about nothing but beating the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 2: And you know what.
Speaker 4: Today, You know, I don't know if I can't say Cleveland beat the team Cincinnati Bengals today, I think that since they Bengals beat themselves today.
Speaker 2: Before we go out to the phones and take our first break, I want to lay this on you faux rock. David Foulcher, all Pro strong safety, the biggest strong safety in the league at the time, six foot.
Speaker 4: Three, thirty eight and forty pounds. There you go.
Speaker 2: They don't make them like that no more. Jick on pregame Sports Talk Today Live from the Holy Grail with Ken Brew, Tony Pike, and Moeger, the paramount sports handicapper, came on yes and predicted let us to believe, yes, that today's game is Joe Burrow's last game is a Cincinnati Bengal.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: We will address this after the break, Yes, and we will take your calls. We are fired up. We are fired up today, are fired up. We are at Wings and Rings Liberty Township right near Lakota. East East is Beast and we are here at Wings and Rings Liberty Township. Come on out sixty nine sixty three South Liberty Drive. He's David Folcher. This is Chick Ludwig. You're listening to Bengals postgame sports Talk on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We are live at Wings and rings Liberty Township. He's David Folter. This is Chick Ludwig. And before we go out to the phones rock, what do you think of that prediction by the handicapper from Paramount sports Man, which today's last game Joe Burrows in a Bengals uniform.
Speaker 4: I just hope he's wrong. Me too, you know, talking to Jimmy Burrow, Joe is just upset like anybody else's upset because they're not winning. He just wants to win. And you know, the last two to three weeks he's been playing pretty well, come back from an injury. But for him to leave until I see it, I don't believe it. I don't believe it. And I hope that something happens dramatically during this offseason where things will get better for him and this football team. We talked about it a little bit on the out before we got on the air, about what I would do if I was the Bengals when they come to draft. And I'll talk about that as we go on. But yes, this is heartbreaking to hear that, and hopefully it's not true.
Speaker 2: The whole thrust today, when the game ends, it's not dissecting this game. It's looking forward. Yes, it's looking this is the last game of the season.
Speaker 4: Your team is six and eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what can you do to improve going into next year to make sure this doesn't happen for a fourth straight year, three straight years without the playoffs. Joe Burrow's upset. The whole organization should be and they've got to get this thing fixed. And we heard Joe after the game say, hey, we're not where we want to be. We're not where we expect to be. And things got to get fixed and things got to improve.
Speaker 4: And those are politically correct answers and things that he says, because nobody wants to be six and ten, six and eleven, five and twelve sitting at home watching everybody else play. When you've got the offensive firepower that the Cincinnati Bengals have, they should be in the playoffs every year, whether they get to the super Bowl or not. With that offense, they should be playing for championships every year. And here we are again, three years out and no playoffs.
Speaker 2: Fourteen of the thirty two teams are in the playoffs in the Bengals aren't one of them.
Speaker 4: No's just too much talent on offense, too many good things that the city deserves too many good things that this football team deserves and for so long that we are dying. We are thirsty for Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phones, Pat and Redding, are you there? Yes, I am Pat.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about the reasons that we lost this game. First, the extra point is lost, then when we scored again, we refuse to go for two, and then he missed extra point anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeaheah, Well I applaud, I applaud that decision because you do not go for two unless you have to, so pull within one plenty of time left.
Speaker 4: I don't go for two there. Yeah, I wouldn't go for two either, but you still got to make the kick. You got to make the kick.
Speaker 5: But we but yeah, you know we can get away with that stuff when we're playing Miami or Arizona.
Speaker 6: But we know it's going to be a close game.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Pick six.
Speaker 5: Does anybody know what the number of Joe's interceptions are related to the number of pick six he.
Speaker 4: Has this year?
Speaker 2: And I think this seventh the seventh career picked six.
Speaker 4: Of his career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seventh, and five of them were this year or what?
Speaker 4: No, no, he's got I think he's only half. I think he's got two of three this year, two or three this year, and he's got pick six.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: And then the fumble that was run back. How many times have we fumbled the ball and then they pick it up and run it back?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: That amazing?
Speaker 2: Hey, nice knowing you, Noah, thank you for your contribution this year.
Speaker 4: See you later, pink slip.
Speaker 2: Wish you well, let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. I wish I wish you wild.
Speaker 4: Noah, you fumbled.
Speaker 2: You fumbled twice this year at critical times. And another false start, which is our the Bengals m on offense.
Speaker 8: False start A.
Speaker 5: Cool Then what did almost every Bengal fan say when we scored our fine?
Speaker 3: No touchdown?
Speaker 4: Too much time?
Speaker 5: Why didn't we run the ball and take some time.
Speaker 9: Off the clock?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: I know they had.
Speaker 5: Time outs left, but made some use there, don't I don't get that?
Speaker 4: You know you know what, Pat, Pat I I kind of agree with you on this As far as clock management. We talked about that throughout the years that Zach Taylor's been here. But and you were in a sense of urgency to score, you had to put the ball in the end zone, hoping that your defense and the defense was playing well all all weekend and I'm sorry all games, but yet they're giving them too much time. Sometimes you you have to you have to bite the bullet you want to score to win the game, and then force them to come and beat you. And that's what they did. They came back and they beat us.
Speaker 5: But and I knew I knew that was going to happen too, because here's the story with our defense. Even if they probably said in the postgame show, oh, but the defense has played so well. No, they played so well until it really mattered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, Well, gods, they don't play well. And they let a rookie Insadure Sanders, uh, you know, continue to launch his career like they did with Caleb Williams in the second year earlier this year.
Speaker 4: So if it's a journeyman.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, if it's a rookie, the Bengals are launching their career. Man, I'm getting.
Speaker 4: Sick of that.
Speaker 5: Yes, And then ability inability to make two point conversions cost us last year against Baltimore taught this this this game because if they would have have done the field goal, it would have just been a tie and we could have taken it to overtime.
Speaker 4: It's very hard to it's two point conversions are very hard to doe. Yes, I mean, you know, you practice, you practice. I don't know if you've practiced two point conversions. You practice short yardage plays. But to have a two point conversion, I like to look at the record of how many successful two point conversions have been made on the ones that they have attempted to make. I think it's a very low percentages. All right, Pat, thank you, Pat?
Speaker 10: Pat?
Speaker 4: All right? Do we have Bryce and Anderson?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, you do?
Speaker 4: Hi? Bryce?
Speaker 11: Uh Hi?
Speaker 5: I mean the Bengals just dominated almost every stat line in this game, but they came up short, and the biggest stat of them.
Speaker 12: Always to turnover battle.
Speaker 2: You're right, Is there anything more meaningless than time of possession?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You do want it?
Speaker 2: You want to dominate that at the Bengals did.
Speaker 4: At the end of the game. Tick, when the lights go, the thing goes zero zero zero. Yes, it's who won the game, that's it. And you could win the game with less yardage than anybody else. It's just at the time of this game, what really mattered was that last possession that Cleveland had. Could the defense come up and make a play to send him home? And we could not make a play. That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if joebers three losses this season, he has thrown a pick six in every single loss.
Speaker 2: And he finished five five and three in his eight games. Five and three is his record in eight games. And yeah, you're right, Bryce, always good hearing from you.
Speaker 6: Man, Thank you.
Speaker 5: You have a great record of the night.
Speaker 2: Thank you do the same, yes, sir. And do we have Tim and Columbus where I went to school with fifty thousand of my closest friends. Okay, Tim, Hey, feel free to call back. Tim?
Speaker 4: And Hey.
Speaker 2: The numbers the dial five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand one, eight hundred, the Big when I'm changing things up here a little bit today. I've got my soda, soda, I've got my computer.
Speaker 4: All we need is you at.
Speaker 2: Five P one three seven four nine, seven thousand and one, eight hundred, the Big one. Matthew and Franklin, Matthew, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir?
Speaker 10: How are you doing?
Speaker 4: We're good man?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing all right outside of the loss today, But how are you doing well?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 13: Me and my wife was actually at the game that they experienced that so wonderful.
Speaker 4: What was it like?
Speaker 2: What was it like mingling with all those folks from up in northeast Ohio?
Speaker 13: I want too bad from where he was sitting today. But you know, with all the mistakes that the bank, you know, we can go on with the Bengals. I guess what gets me, and not just this game, but we have seen it multiple times this season. Season's past is again that time of possession, as in, they had the opportunity and the offense.
Speaker 6: To go down and win a game winning drive, in which they did. But what kills me is they.
Speaker 13: Always lead time on the clock for the team.
Speaker 2: To go down and lose at the very end.
Speaker 13: With no time to come back and try it.
Speaker 4: Except when t went down.
Speaker 2: We said against Pittsburgh, team went down on the ground, and yeah we went around, yeah close to.
Speaker 13: This season of demonstrating that, you know, yeah, I mean, but other than that game, I mean, how many times have they lost a game by giving the pupposing team too much time on the clock?
Speaker 4: You know, And I think I said it earlier. The well I said I said it earlier. You know, you you're you're in a sense of urgency because you want to go, you want to score the touchdown, but you don't want to leave a lot of time on the clock.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: The answer to that, because if you if you slow down and don't don't don't score the touchdown because you're trying to run the time off the clock and you don't score, then we're going to say, Wow, they didn't go down there and do what they're supposed to do. Your job on offenses, put the ball.
Speaker 2: In the end zone.
Speaker 4: Your job on defenses and stop the other people from putting the ball ends on and we just can't do it all the time. And with that, you've got to take a break. We've prechinked abut on top of the six o'clock hour. He's David Folter. This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL. Carriers were live at Wings and Rings, Liberty Township on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgames Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgames Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door, making life brighter, Pello now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turned to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five to one three five one three, TOPH Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years and now host games sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's David Foulter. This is Chick Ludwig. We're live at Wings and Rings, Liberty Township, sixty nine sixty three South Liberty Drive near Lakota East High School. Once again faux Rock David Folter, and we're breaking down the Bengals twenty to eighteen loss to the Cleveland Browns like a wrecking ball and rock. While before we go back out to the phones, let's review the delivery of the game Yes, brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit our LC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider. Well, how about the second drive for the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 4: It finished off.
Speaker 2: A after a turnover after the Bengals got the sack fumble and the turnover. There four plays, twenty nine yards, finished off by a four yard touchdown pass from Joe Burrow to Chase Brown. But it was set up by a twenty one yard pass to T Higgins. Yes, so to me, that combination there is the delivery of the game.
Speaker 4: T Higgins, you know something has happened to him. I think he's gotten better. I think he's starting to take care of his body a little bit better, and he's playing every game. I was worried when he got the new contract that the year before that, I think he played nine games or ten games, and he was always hurt. He has stepped up now he's had some concussions or some concussion protocol all that. I didn't think that he should have been playing because in one game he went into blue ten I think twice, two or three times, and they still let him play. So they knew what they were doing, but let me tell you something about T Man. You know, I hear Dan horror when he talks sometime on a grown man. Yes, full grown man, full grown man.
Speaker 2: That dude is.
Speaker 4: He's six five, could be six to six, and he can jump on top of the basketball rim. So when Joe Burrow throws that ball to T Higgins, there's a good possibility that he's gonna go up and get that ball. His reach is so incredible.
Speaker 2: He high points the ball and even in a tight window down that right sideline, he can box a guy out.
Speaker 4: He goes up and snatches the ball out. Well, the touchdown, the touchdown holding by the dB one hand and he caught it with one like the guy he's got his right arm and he can't get the arm out there and he wind up catching it with one hand. So when he plays man, he's at his best.
Speaker 2: So we could have picked that as the delivery of the game too, a thirteen yard touchdown pass to T Higgins at the twenty nine second mark, right before the end of the first half. Yes, so yeah, the dB is pulling his right arm, he yanks it in with his left.
Speaker 4: Paul. That was awesome, And these today's receivers are catching balls. Everybody is grabbing the ball out the air with one hand, and I'm like, well, what about the other hand, use the other hand if you can. But in this case t couldn't. But he caught the touchdown and we were kind of excited about that.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Let's go out to the phones. Do we have Jackson in Cincinnati?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 6: Anny Amy?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Hey, something we're not talking about.
Speaker 14: And I'm not sure why?
Speaker 6: What is going on with mc spears? Why is he missing this many kicks? And he's and we're still holding behind and we're still supporting. What's going on?
Speaker 10: You got?
Speaker 2: Well, he's head up until today, he's had a phenomenal season. I mean he has.
Speaker 4: I mean he he missed two kicks, so he's missed three extra points this year.
Speaker 6: He misses every kick that matters.
Speaker 9: You know, he might make a kick to Yader in a preseason game, but he's missing every kick that matters.
Speaker 2: Let's go back now.
Speaker 4: If we don't throw them two interceptions or the interception and the pick six the Fumbel recovery, nobody would be talking about McPherson's missus. So yes, when it counts. This year, on a few games he hasn't made those kicks. But I will go to battle with McPherson weekend and week out if we score points, if we if we do what we're supposed to do, if we don't give up the fourteen points off of turnovers that kick when none of that stuff would matter.
Speaker 2: I understand your point, Oh, Jackson, every direction.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, we can point fingers in every direction this year.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely to play their side of the ball, Jackson, I think you'll agree with me that this was the perfect ending to a miserable at six and eleven. Yeah, yeah, hey, appreciate the cary.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't make sense though. Here's the thing, you know, we we we talk about turnovers. If you win the turnover battle, you're most likely going to win the game. If you give up three turnovers and you get one, your your negative two, and guess what, you probably are not going to win the game. And today we did not win the Game's exactly right?
Speaker 2: How about Jim and Mason?
Speaker 4: Are you there? Jim? Yes, I'm here. What's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hey, get away from.
Speaker 15: A day's game and this year's uh, you know, the game's over, the years over. But let me throw this at you guys, as far as they're saying the fancy could be fired, I'm thinking that maybe mouth hurt might be set up.
Speaker 16: Well, do you think the Bangles are throwing two or three first round draft takes with the Browns to get him and go off from there? Because we're getting the point where Joe's gonna get set up, and I think getting Miles Garrett or something like that, well the grass this could be a big something to think about.
Speaker 6: Am I wrong or am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just can't see the Cleveland Browns giving up Miles Garrett too.
Speaker 2: I take a sufficient opponent to a divisional opponent. Remember Mike Tomlin already.
Speaker 4: Had a critical conversation about when Flacco left Cleveland going to Cincinnati, how do you do that?
Speaker 2: That makes sense?
Speaker 4: You don't trade inside your own division.
Speaker 2: So Miles Garrett, you.
Speaker 4: Know, remember Miles Garrett before the season started, didn't have a contract, and they were talking about quarterbacks and they didn't know what quarterback they were going to get, and Miles Garrett said, I don't have time to sit here and wait on the front a quarterback to come in here and make us look good. Until they gave him that that couple hundred million dollar contract and he said, I'll take that money.
Speaker 2: Over quarterbacks any day.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: So you have to be careful what you ask for.
Speaker 4: Because the timple fact is, I believe, and I'm I said this before, this year's draft should be nothing but defensive players. I would not go after an offensive player until late rounds if that, and then go out free agency to find an offensive guy. But this has to be a defensive draft. Picks for the Bengals this year, all defense.
Speaker 17: David, I agree, and I get, you know, trade within the big and I get that, but that usually was in the quarterback.
Speaker 7: But I just, uh, I'm kind of larry on draft.
Speaker 6: There is a really good quarterback.
Speaker 7: I don't think coming into craft as far as it's gonna make you break the team. But you know, I'm just saying, I'm defense side of the ball. We need to get h.
Speaker 17: I think somebody like Kik could really changed the whole game as far.
Speaker 7: As linebackers, Depik of back, stuff like that, Jim.
Speaker 2: Every phase of this defense needs to be addressed, the front, the middle, and the back. And thank you very much for your call, and that that got.
Speaker 4: To move on.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do thousands are waiting on hold Jeff and Tayton. Jeff, what's happening?
Speaker 11: Oh ye hey, it's a honor to talk to you, the great Jeff.
Speaker 2: It's an honor to talk to you in the Gem City.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've got a few things.
Speaker 14: I'll try to rattle them off real quick.
Speaker 11: These scoop sixes by fans. Didn't he have three this year?
Speaker 4: Oh you're talking about, oh fans fumbles?
Speaker 2: Oh, fumbles I think for a touchdown?
Speaker 4: Well, I think you I know he had to Minnesota earlier in the year and then this game today. As far as fumbles for pick six.
Speaker 6: He's got three.
Speaker 11: And I don't you know you talk about Miles Garrett and has torn three sacks being an all five records that could be broke. I don't think fans record of these three stoops.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're coupled with his coupled with his false starts too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Oh my god, he's just not a good not a good signing mirror.
Speaker 2: Here's here's here's the story. Here's the story.
Speaker 4: Here's the story that I brought up and the guy said about, you know, when it's come to quarterbacks, you can do that in your division listen. In nineteen ninety two, the Bengals released me and Dick Lebou was in Pittsburgh. Yeah, Shula, David Shula said, do you want me to call Dick Lebow and I go, Why the hell would I go to Pittsburgh. You don't go to Pittsburgh. You play for Cincinnati. You don't go to play in Pittsburgh. I don't care what position you play. You do not go on your division. You go outside your division and then you can play against those teams. But for us to go and grab just like we did Flako, I was shot that they grabbed Flaco. But they got Flaco because we needed a quarterback and experienced quarterback.
Speaker 2: But even that, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Never would have got Flaco because he come from the Cleveland Browns. There is so much incest.
Speaker 2: You know this, Oh, there is so much incest in the AFC. I know. I know.
Speaker 4: You've got to get released.
Speaker 2: First man, you gotta get released.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Travion and.
Speaker 2: Yeah Cleveland brown Yeah, oh yeah, so you don't do that, sick.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeff, you got one more thing for us quick before we break?
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, I want to say the last child is talking about and there's no quarterback to that. Nando Mendoza is six four or five five, got a rocket arm, and I don't know who's gonna draft him, but I think they got a franchise quarterback and that's probably the only one to draft.
Speaker 2: Thanks you, probably probably, thank you, probably the Las Vegas right number one pick. Number one pick is probably gonna be him. But Dante Moore is awfully talented. Yeah, or I will say this that Fernando Mendoza, that interview right after the Rose Bowl. Yes, it was the most impressive thing I've seen all year. Oh yeah, that dude is class from top to bottom. And even though I bleed Scarlett and Gray, my alma mater, the Ohio State University, I'm taking a bath in cream and Crimson for the IU.
Speaker 4: Who's yours unbelievable season? Amazing? Hey, we've got to take a break.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 4: He's David Foulter, This is.
Speaker 2: Chick Ludwig, and we are live at Wings and Rings, Liberty Township near Lacoona East High School. East is Beast on seven hundred WLW at Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig alongside Faux Rock David Fulcher. We've got vultures, vultures and the chick Magnets the Hack.
Speaker 4: The vultures are here and the tick Magnets in the house. Exactly right.
Speaker 2: We are at live at Wins and Rings, Liberty Township. Appreciate everybody coming out. We've got a great crowd here today. Man post mortem twenty to eighteen. The Bengals lose to the Cleveland Browns. If you're just now turn it, you know, joining us and you don't know what happened in the game. Two defensive touchdowns by the Cleveland Browns and two missed extra points by Evan nick Pherson. Brutal, very brutal man And okay, with five minutes and what eleven seconds to go in this game?
Speaker 4: Trying to find you stats man here you yes.
Speaker 2: Five eleven?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: The Browns celebrate Miles Garrett's a third sack of the season. It is a single season record.
Speaker 4: I would have.
Speaker 2: Thought, yeah, looking at the television, I know what you're about to say that the Browns hit just won the Super Bowl? Yes, how can they get penalized and they weren't for their celebration after their two defensive touchdowns to fifteen yard celebration penalties and not get penalized for that display of when the entire team comes out, lifts Miles carrot up in the air to the heavens, carries in to the sidelines in celebration and the referees do nothing.
Speaker 4: All I saw is the referees go like this like time out for them to celebrate, and no penalty flag disrupt The game is live.
Speaker 2: The game is live. That sag did not stop the clock disrupting. Did Bengals entire flow of their offense?
Speaker 4: That should have been a fifteen yard penalty unsportsmun like conduct. Bengals got the ball fifteen yards further and who knows whatd have happened then, But for them to come out there and celebrate and.
Speaker 2: Stop the game because of that.
Speaker 4: It ain't like baseball when somebody hits a home run and he runs around, everybody want to give him high five because you broke the record in baseball, Because the pischers got to Pisch the next picks.
Speaker 2: But this game is live and it's to be going. The clock is running.
Speaker 4: They stopped the clock for him to celebrate, and then they backed up and said, okay, let's wind it back up. They're off the field. That's a fifteen yard penalty.
Speaker 2: Chick did the Bengals hoist Corey Dillon. Today he rushed for two hundred and seventy eight yards against the Denver Broncos for a single game rushing record and National Football League history on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Corey came to the island after he did that and they were all high fiving him, but the game was still going on. Yes, and what they did today, the Bengals are probably gonna get a excuse me letter from the league. Yes, sorry, we should have called a flag on it, but it's kind of late to call the flag.
Speaker 2: Now, game's over. You're absolutely right. Oh where do we go?
Speaker 4: It's on the wrecking ball, man, We're on the recond ball and we can't even get it out.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. Hey, we've got is it? Anthony did Anthony Trupp?
Speaker 4: No, he's gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about Jeff in Indianapolis?
Speaker 9: Chick, sir to Rock what's going on to talk to you?
Speaker 4: All right, Jeff, We're good, man, We're good, Jeff. What's happening, chick You may remember week one?
Speaker 9: I called on my way back from Cleveland like a wrecking ball, like you guys say yes, and it's time to take the wrecking ball to the coaching staff. I'm sorry, Dak Taylor. He's had some great moments, but I to go to the next level. This team will be back, but Dak Taylor's not gonna take him there. I thank him for what he's done. He's not gonna take them there.
Speaker 8: I've seen enough.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: We can talk drafts, we can talk all this stuff. But too many mistakes, too many things. I've seen it too many times.
Speaker 2: I'm in Indiana.
Speaker 9: Who's regret by the way, Dana Mendoza, let's go. I'm trying to figure out a way to get to Miami. I'm ready to rock and roll, Chickster.
Speaker 2: I like how coach Sigg stands on the gas baby and he don't let up. No he doesn't. Oh no he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Man, that is impressive.
Speaker 9: Can I say one thing watching Signetty coach and then happen to watch Taylor coaches like watching Stranger Things if you're in the normal world and the upside down. And then so rock I got one thing and I'll take your comments off air. I remember when you guys used to travel around and play basketball.
Speaker 10: Yes, Nay's mil Kentucky.
Speaker 6: I probably met you when I was seven.
Speaker 9: Eight years old.
Speaker 3: I remember that you would.
Speaker 9: I think you were a part of that. So I thank you for coming out. I remember here with my seven year old son. We've leed orange and black in Indianapolis, right, I had the opportunity to go bea could never I'm orange block to the.
Speaker 2: Day I died. There you go.
Speaker 3: Some changes.
Speaker 4: I only wish.
Speaker 2: I only wish Indianapolis because it's two hours away.
Speaker 4: Is in the AFC North yep?
Speaker 2: Kick Baltimore into the east, yes, and then who Miami to the south?
Speaker 4: Yep, Miami to the south. And at one time they talked about that realignaw but they didn't do it. But I I can't see why the Bengals don't play Indy should be in the conference. I mean Indie, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati right in that little circle. What do you call that outside the two seventy five loop. I guess just.
Speaker 2: Because just because Baltimore was formerly the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 4: Doesn't mean and remember the Baltimore Coats back in the day, they didn't play. They were in the same division the Cincinnati Bengals were back in the day to Baltimore Coats. So why the Ravens got to be in that division? You're absolutely right?
Speaker 2: Hey, we've got is it Gary and Green Hills?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, Garry.
Speaker 19: Hey, I got a question. So Joe Burrow goes to the Bengals and say, you know, I want to trade, so you get whatever you can for me, and if you don't, I'm retiring. So if he puts him in a corner like that, he does retire. Let's say, does that make him through with the Bengal Is the Bengals no longer to proper have the property of Joe Burrow?
Speaker 4: Oh no, he remains.
Speaker 2: He remains property of the Cincinnati Bengals unless they would trade him. And that's what happened with Carsony.
Speaker 6: How long how long?
Speaker 2: Well he had the Bengals. The Bengals owned the right.
Speaker 4: To Joe Burrow based off of that last contract that he signed. So Joe Burrow, if if Joe Burrow decided to retire, he could not come back to another team unless the Bengals give him permission to do so. Yes, when you retire from a team, you just can't come out of retirement and go back to another.
Speaker 19: If his contract runs out, I don't know he's I think his contract runs.
Speaker 2: Out and he's got four years left.
Speaker 4: He's got four years left of the one that he just signed for two hundred and thirty something.
Speaker 19: It's a long time to be retired and then and wanting to come back and play football like riverts did.
Speaker 2: And and to pay back your pro rated signing bonus because you're not playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, the men want to do that, the Bengals. That structure of contract that Joe Burrow signed is not just one of them out of the window contract. There's a lot of ways inside of that contry.
Speaker 19: I don't I don't want to play for you guys anymore. Trade make and the Bengals don't trading? What happens then? Then?
Speaker 4: No, Then he's just sitting on the sideline and he's not going to get paid. No, if he doesn't show up, he's gonna get fined.
Speaker 19: I just wondering, you know, if how long ago I raise the team of how the retirement and you decide, you know, I'd like to come back and try to play some more football.
Speaker 4: Well, he won't be He won't get paid doing nothing. Meaning if he's out there, if he's out there fishing, if he's out there fishing, he won't be doing nothing. So hey, appreciate the call. We gotta we gotta run.
Speaker 19: I wonder how that worked, you know, all.
Speaker 4: Right, thank you very much. We got to run. Do we have Richard?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, let's hang on Dick in Dayton. We have reached the bottom of the hour break. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's David Foulch. This is Chick Ludwig. We are live at Wings and Rings in Liberty Township on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented by Arnell Carriers. We are live at Wings and Rings in Liberty Township, South Liberty Drive, right near Lakota East High School, and we're talking Bengals football. They lose today twenty to eighteen to the Cleveland Browns. Instead of a sweep, the Bengals have to settle.
Speaker 4: For a split.
Speaker 2: And yes, Miles Garrett got his twenty third sack of the season that sets a single season NFL record for sacks, although before they started recording them, Cooy Bacon of the Cincinnati Bengals, he's got he has it. He had twenty plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had plenty plus. And then they didn't record those sacks back then, And I wish they would have because Coy Bacon the sacks, he's probably had twenty five, twenty six of them, but they never counted them as sacks until after he started playing. So I still think that we've got the number one sack man right here in Cincinnati. But you know, Miles Garrett. I was shocked though, because I Miles Garrett after the Pittsburgh stee the game said the Pittsburgh was so concerned about him, that's why they lost the game. But then you go into the game today and I felt like the Bengals were so concerned about Miles Garrett getting that sash that everything was happening very fast. Joe got They showed a highlight up there. I'm watching them in the press box. He was getting out of getting out of his hand about second and a half two seconds. It was everything was quick. The sack. If Joe Burrow goes to the right, he's running the football, Miles Garrett doesn't get the sack. But Joe just went down because maybe he felt it coming. But you saw the one running play he had. Oh yeah, when you start looking around like where's Miles Garrett and Miles was right there on his back.
Speaker 2: So Joe, Joe was smart, you know.
Speaker 4: And and it wouldn't if Miles Garret would have got that sack in the first quarter. Do you think he had played the next three quarters because they took him out of the game. He still had a quarter left, So I don't know. I don't know if they were just getting that sack and trying to take him out, because they did.
Speaker 2: They took him out, I think for a play or two. He came back on. There was five minutes or eleven seconds to go in the game. I think you would have continued to play to give himself some.
Speaker 4: Room in some room.
Speaker 2: He needs a fack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 2: But anyway, when you have Miles Garrett breathing down you that's why the Bengals attempted to run the football today.
Speaker 4: They ran the ball quite often and ran it at him. Yes, you know, so a lot of people look at this say we go back to Trey Henderson. You know, Trey is a great pass rusher, grace airs rusher. He grated out about in the nineties last year as quarterback pressers, but against the run he was in the fifties. And this is coming from Andrew Whitworth. Whitworth did a study on pass rushers and edge rushers Miles Garrett. They ran the ball at Miles Garrett, and Miles Garrett wasn't making a lot of tackles, so running the football at Miles Garrett, they should have continued to keep doing that. They started doing it, they were getting away with it, and then they wanted to throw the football. When they throw the football, the Bengals will bring over a tight end, a wide receiver, and they tried to bump him. There were times that that guy was he's just if you were you're a professional, he's a game record.
Speaker 2: And on that play, Orlando Brown Junior had no chance because there was not help and was no help. He just blew right past him and got the jail.
Speaker 4: But the thing that gets me though, is this, You're a national football player, football football player, Okay, in the NFL. They pay you a lot of money to do your position. You shouldn't have to get help. Orlando Brown getting help from Chase Brown tight ends. There was one time one of the tight ends was blocking Miles Garret by himself, but Joe Burrow threw the ball really quick and Miles Garrett tried, almost got there, but he threw the ball away. So you shouldn't have to have help. But Miles Garrett is a wrecking ball. We talk about wrecking ball on this show. He's a wrecking ball. And I think the being could not do what they wanted to do. They threw the ball down the field maybe once or twice. Everything was dink and dunk underneath because of the presser that Miles Garrett brings to the offensive football teams.
Speaker 2: Both Jamar Chase and t Higgins caught twenty one yard passes.
Speaker 4: That was the longest pass play of the game for the Bengals.
Speaker 2: They wanted to run the ball and avoid getting sacked by Miles Garrett. And meanwhile, the Bengals defense sacked Shador Sanders six times.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: For negative twenty nine yards, So that's not bad. Bengals dominate. They dominated the game, dominated, and lose twenty to eighteen.
Speaker 4: And you know, you see this throughout the year. Teams get beat up, teams get dominated, and the teams that get dominated the other team scores more points. And at the end of the game, when it clock says zero zero zero, it's who win and who lost it, no matter what does that say.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right. Let's go out to the phones. We have Clayton. Is it in Mayfield? Yes, sir? How you guys going all right? Man up in northeast Ohio a Cleveland.
Speaker 12: Suburb, No, sir, Mainsville, Maysvilleayville, Kentuckysville, Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Thank you, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 12: I kind of have a different opinion, kind of unpopular opinion about how this season went to Borough and now the team played. I believe when Burrow had suffered that injury early on with the turf toe, allegedly he and he was slated to be down for pretty much the rest of the season, and we tried everything with brown and and then flat though, and we played terribly for multiple reasons on the defensive side and the offensive side, not as much as on the offensive side, but it could have been a little bit better. But we've had such a dumpster fire of a season. I'm surprised that they were so eager to rush Borough back in here, as if he was going to be the saving grace for our season, which was pretty much already by the time he got back, and warm Duck was already in the dumpster. I just feel like I was the only person saying, hey, look, whether he's ready or not, he needs to be disassociated with this dumpter fiver season. Let him come back next year, fresh ready for war. Let us make some changes in the offseason to accommodate him a little bit better, because now what we got is he didn't be rushed him back, and now he's unhappy, and now he has all that Garreton got his sack off on him.
Speaker 2: Clayton, and I don't think they rushed him back. He worked his tail off to get back. He is a competitor and he wanted to come back, and he was able to get healthy and play. I don't think no Borrow would.
Speaker 4: I don't think Joe Borow would have came back if he did not have the surgery.
Speaker 2: Turf told is.
Speaker 4: If you've ever had it before. Man, it's very painful. Yes, it's very painful. And for Joe I think I think once he had that surgery done because I said it too. Once he got the turf tow. I said, Joe's not coming back if he comes back and play, period, because turf tow is tough, especially the right turf toe that he's got to throw off of he's got to push off on. So but Joe wanted to come back, man, and I applaud him for one to come back. He said it. You paid me a lot of money to play this game. Let me go out and play and have because like these last three games, they're not going anywhere. So you got your franchise quarterback with the opportunity or a possibility of getting hurt again. And if he got hurt again in the day, he could be out for the rest of the season next year. But you know what, he wanted to play, and I applaud him for doing that.
Speaker 12: I know, and you know I'm not taking nothing from him for that.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 12: He's got that fire and even as part of making him such a such a stand up guy for us. But so none of y'all think that it should have been more talkspout. Hey, man, we want to we want to make for sure that we don't get him in here with season we've been having where it's pretty much game over and we want to make sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, if Flaco.
Speaker 12: Gets you know, hey, Garrett, get that sack out on flat though, all right.
Speaker 4: So be it.
Speaker 12: We don't really want Burrows racking up them type of stacks with the picks and the interceptions and the and the sack. We know it's kind of part of the it's kind of the nature of the monsters. But it's just been we got so much to fix as a team, and I mean.
Speaker 2: Especially Yeah, yeah, you're right. I mean you have Clayton. We got to move on. Appreciate, appreciate you. Uh we've got is it Bucky in uh in Taylor mil h Bucky are you there?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: What's on your mind? Welcome?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you?
Speaker 10: Him to talk to y'all.
Speaker 4: My thought is, come on, Bucky, talk to us now.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, y'all are in this on the offense and all McPherson, which agreed the offense.
Speaker 10: Doing that great didn't be that great.
Speaker 12: If Peerson had a bad game, but the defense needed one stop.
Speaker 3: And how many times this year is the defense not gotten that one stop that needed to win the game.
Speaker 4: Well, you're right, man, one stop, one stop. And you know, especially the way the game was played. Throughout the whole course of the game, Cleveland couldn't move the ball, throwing interceptions, getting sacks, all this stuff was happening three and a half quarters and then on the time that we really needed it, we couldn't come up with a player. So yeah, I would say, defense, if you make a play, we win the game. They didn't come up with the play. And time of possession. We gave them a little bit of time. And you know, you you one caller calls in and says we left him too much time. You know when when you win, when you go ahead with fifty seconds left in the game, and that's a very high percent. Normally some teams win those games, but for some reason we don't.
Speaker 3: As they score, I thought, we're gonna lose. There's too much time.
Speaker 4: Hey, Bucky, appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I I thought the same thing, there's too much time left on the clock. The defense played great for fifty eight and a half minutes that last one to twenty nine, Shador Sanders was able to go ten plays forty yards and get him in position for Andre Schmidt to go from goat to hero and beat the Bengals today twenty to eighteen. We've got to take a break and uh but before we do, a reminder to fans that postgames sport Stalk is brought to you by M and P Logistics. From first down to final mile, M and P delivers. You can depend on it. It weren't depending on the great fans coming out here too. We've got them man Rings in Liberty Township. He's David Fulter. This is Chick Ludwig. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by Rnel Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 4: We're having so much fun in your tick. We getting ready to go. Let's go tast it.
Speaker 2: We're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by Rnel Carriers. We're breaking down the Bengals twenty to eighteen loss to the Cleveland Browns today like a wrecking ball, and we're doing it at Wings and Rings Liberty Township, South Liberty Drive, good fights right near Lakota East High School. Good folks, home of the thunder Hawks.
Speaker 4: Thunderhawks love it here, and.
Speaker 2: David was this was a strange game, yea. Even Dan Horde and Lapp talked about how crazy it was to have two defensive scores within one minute and fifty seconds of each other.
Speaker 4: I started thinking, how many games have ever been played where two defensive touchdowns and an offense doesn't score a touchdown? And will they win that game?
Speaker 2: The Browns had forty yards of offense in the first half in their leading fourteen to twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was waiting. I was talking to my daughter. We go back and forth, and she's texting me about the game. I was waiting for something to happen for the Bengals, like, oh, you know, we're gonna come out of shell before you know it to be twenty eight to twelve and blah blah blah. And it never happened with that offense that we got. I was looking for something to happen, and it never happened today.
Speaker 2: And I've got to tip my cap to Jim schwartz Jim Schwartzman, defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns, former head coach of the did You Right Lions from two thousand and nine to twenty thirteen, but former defensive coordinator before that with the Titans, and then after the Lions with the Bills, Eagles and Browns.
Speaker 4: The guy is awesome. So someone just texted me, man and said, answer this nine aster, who it is, Answer me? How do you rush only four in the game on the winning drive against a rookie quarterback? And he had time? He confused, confusing, and you know what, once again, if you're putting more pressure as we were putting pressure on him, he got happy feet. He started running around doing things and throwing the ball away or getting sacked. And we going to that last and you know what's that that famous prevent defense preventing yourself from winning. Not the other team from beating you, but you're preventing yourself from winning the game.
Speaker 2: Keep throwing the dagger.
Speaker 4: At him, keep throwing bullets at him, you keep throwing everything you got at him. Because three and a half quarters you did that. And then in the last quarter, we last drive, we rush three, rush four. Don't put pressure on him, dropping back, trying to keep the ball in front of us, so we don't give up the big touchdown. But all they need is to feel go to win the game. And sure enough, that's what they did.
Speaker 2: Ten plays, forty yards and they got it in position for Andre Schmidt forty nine yards at the gun twenty to eighteen. Tough man, brutal, just brutal, rookie quarterback, and you give him all the time in the world to throw the football. And on that last drive, man, you bring the house.
Speaker 4: You if they're gonna beat me, I'm well, let me back this up because both of our starting corners went down, so now we had to bring in the back ends, the backups, and.
Speaker 2: The Browns were missing four fifths of their offensive line. Yes, and they're starting cornerbacks Caldwell and Denzel Ward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, both of those guys went down early. That's right, they went down early. One of them came back, and I think one did not come back.
Speaker 2: It was called Well with the shoulder War didn't come back, and denshell Ward with the neck injury, did not come back. To see you.
Speaker 4: You've you know the guy that just texted me? Is it poor coaching? Is it h players line up in the wrong position? I mean, what does it mean. First of all, I don't never blame anything on the coach. You know, miss the tackles that were missed this year was horrific. The guys that's missed so many tackles. So I can't blame the coach for that. That's that's the player. But when you got a system that these guys are running through the system, it took him a while earlier to get this system down and they got a little bit better. But as a professional athlete, when you're in the field, you had one job to do, that's tackle. You got one job to do on offense that's catch and block, hold on to the football. When you don't do that, you don't belong out there.
Speaker 2: Rock. What worries me about the Bengals is when they get nine yards and need one I know, second fifty nine to go, second and one, I know, third and one and then fourth and one they come out. That's a delay of game, a delay a game.
Speaker 15: What.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 4: If y'all out there listening, if Chick Lovewick could take some of this energy he had right here, Bengles would have won forty something nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I appreciate that rock. Okay, rock, while we're here. Uh, let's go out to the phones. Welcome to our friend Brandon in Indianapolis. Brandon House up man, Hi.
Speaker 8: Brandon, Hey hey check Hey foot Rock, Happy New Year.
Speaker 10: Do you mind if I call you a fault rock?
Speaker 4: That's my nickname. Man, it's all good. First, don't just don't call me late for dinner. So faux rock Rock.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 8: Uh, it's good to talk to you guys in that chickup. You know, I comment on your Facebook about the when you put the schedule out about the cults the other day. I mean, we're upset.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: I'm a Bengo fan too, but I would love but you know, because I don't know why I don't play each other well often. I mean, you're right, sometimes you can get you know, down there less than two hours. It just depends on traffic. But the Colts, you know, lost seven straight. But guys, what I'm going to say about the Bengals is, you know, I know that they were talk great writers talking about the Colts, and they were saying that the fans shouldn't make decisions.
Speaker 10: The owners have to.
Speaker 8: I understand that, but if it wasn't it for us.
Speaker 10: You know, we put butts to the seats.
Speaker 8: You know, if we don't like what we see, we don't have to put our butts in the seats. And I don't know how you feel about that day, But are Chicky the one? But I mean, I don't blame Joe Burrow. I mean, hopefully that was this, this rare or whatever that he's gonna leave.
Speaker 10: But I don't blame him in a way.
Speaker 8: The Bengals aren't getting anybody to play around him.
Speaker 5: Since that Super Bowl run, So I don't blame him.
Speaker 10: If he wants to go, I think I want to too.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think that Joe Burrow's going anywhere. I think a lot of it is, man, it's frustration. Yes, you do not let a friend. You don't let a franchise quarterback get out of here. That's why they signed into that big old contract. So once again, Joe Burrow's not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It's sounds like he's a little bit upset because he's tired of losing, but we all are too. And the problem is though they can't they can't interview the whole team after a game, right, So they're gonna interview the star players, and normally it's the quarterback, a wide receiver, and maybe a defensive guy. So if you ask everybody that same question, you're gonna get sixty seventy eighty percent of them saying, hey, listen, we just got to get better. Joe Burrow has a voice and an opinion to say what he says, and that's what he says. I'm not having fun. Well, when you're losing, that's not fun. I don't care whatever sport it is. But when you're winning, it's fun. Nobody wants to lose, and that guy does not want to lose.
Speaker 10: But Dave, I mean, I know, I'm sure you agree that. I mean, I know we can't go in there and help Mike. You got to get a new coach bike, you got it. I mean, that's his job. But if we're not.
Speaker 8: Happy, we don't have to come back. I mean, you know, I mean, I'm just saying the fans, I think you do have a lot to say.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying we rule the roost.
Speaker 8: But do you think Zach Taylor is back next year?
Speaker 10: I'm so many yes, you.
Speaker 2: Will be baby back a way because of the continuity with the offense, now all bets are off. He's an offensive deal. If this team starts one in four or two and five, two and six, it finishes below five hundred and misses the playoffs next year, ar McCaddon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might be absolute Army, Cad might be ton Yes, you know, and I think Joe Burrow said it to Joe Burrow said in his presconference today that I have all the faith in my coaches. Yes, they come out there, they work hard, they get us prepared. I can understand that. But playing in the NFL or any sport, if you don't win, it's time to move on. And I'm not saying that Zach Taylor should going towhere. I like Zach, but I also understand too. Winning solves a lot of problems. And if you're not winning, officially, somebody, and it may not be Mike, It might be the fans of Cincinnati. They might get tired of it. And you know what, when you get tired of it, you don't do it. And if it starts hurting Mike's pocketbook, things could change. That might be some of the things that Joe Burrow is talking about. We need change. Bring in players, bring in people that want to win that know how to win, and we want to win now, because that's the only reason why these guys play the sport is to win championships. You don't play the sport just because now they're making a whole lot of money today and those paychecks look pretty good. But the ultimate goal at the end of the year is to be a champion. And if you're not a champion, why are you playing the game? And that's why this is going to be a defensive draft.
Speaker 2: And even in free agency you're bringing in defensive place. Some are saying, oh, it's going to take a year or two or longer to get this defense straightened out. No, look at what the Texans have done, look at what the Jags have done, and the Chicago Bears have done. They've taken double digit losses and now they're going to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: And you have an offensive minded head coach. Most of the head coaches that are coaching in the National Football League, a lot of them are defensive minded coaches. So if I'm a defensive minding guy, that means I'm more important and concerned about my defense. Zach Taylor's an offensive minded guy who was in the Rams. Under the Rams head coach. Yes, now he comes here and he's offensive minded guy. So Zach Taylor wants to throw the football forty to fifty times. A defensive minded coach is saying, put it on the ground so my defense can get out there and stop your offense. Zach Taylor's not concerned about what I'm not saying that They back that up. He is concerned about his defense, but he's more concerned about scoring points than anything else.
Speaker 2: And with that, we've got to take a break. We've reached the top of the seven o'clock hour. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by R and L Carriers. He's David Foulcher. This is Chick Ludwig. We are live at Wings and Rings, Liberty Township till eight thirty tonight. The number to dial five one, three, seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, The Big One, Volters, Vultures, the Chick Magnets on seven hundred, WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is prompt to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier Dealers turned to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, TOPH Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers, the number one selling Brandon Cincinnati for nine straight years and now host games sports talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings, Liberty Township, sixty nine sixty three South Liberty Drive near Lakota East High School, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 4: This is Chick.
Speaker 2: Ludwig on alongside Bengals legendary strong safety David Foulcher Faux Rock, and we are breaking down the bengals twenty to eighteen loss to the Cleveland Browns like a wrecking ball. We really appreciate our on site engineer Mike Mills. He's awesome, Shoeless Joe Waddell shoes. Joe is producing back in our Kenwood studios. We love it here at Wings and Rings, Rings, Burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials. Wings and Rings has it all. And we are here in Liberty Township's location until eight thirty tonight, and you're invited. If you can't stop by, hope you'll tune in and call us at five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or one eight hundred the Big one and right now, rock, let's highlight the drive of the game, brought to you by the BMW Store. There are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where Passion Loves Company. I'd like to be driving a BMW now like Ken Brew and his wife. Oh yeah, all right, the drive of the game. How about saving Gosh the best for last? When the Bengals finally took a lead, yes, one twenty nine to go, it highlighted the seven place sixty one yard scoring Jamar Chase catches a four yard touchdown pass from Joe Burrow, giving the Bengals.
Speaker 4: A short lived eighteen to seventeen league.
Speaker 2: They went for the two point conversion, it got knocked down, didn't didn't get it, but the Bengals couldn't protect the final one twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and someone called about, you know, giving them time on the clock. It's you know, it's hard. It's hard to let cord. It's hard to let the clock run out. When you're down, you know, you have to go and score a touchdown. But then defensively, you've got to stop people. Other teams are doing it in the NFL, they're stopping them at certain times. So why are we struggling so much? That's why I believe that next year's additions to the Cincinnati Bengals should be all defense, because if you put all defense, and I'm not saying the defensive guys we got are bad. Some of them need to be better tackler, some of them need to be this and that. But you don't need you don't need another wide receiver, you don't need another running back.
Speaker 2: You don't need another this. You might need a lineman.
Speaker 4: But defensively, we're going we're stacking on defense. We need edge, we need interior, we need you know, we got some pretty good young young linebackers, but we need defensive guys because I think Joe Burrow would love to have a better defense than he had this year because of the stuff that he does on offense, no doubt.
Speaker 2: And Rock speaking from the defensive standpoint, what does the push up the middle by the defensive tackles, what does that do and the edge rushers? What does that do for the secondary? Well, it makes it easy to cover.
Speaker 4: It makes it it makes it easy to defend when you're back, when you're out there and you're chasing a man who's running around the field and you have no idea where he's going, it gives him all the opportunity in the world to do that. Even the day's game, there were a lot of times that Sanders was back there looking for somebody to throw the ball to and he couldn't find him. You know why, because those guys were covered. They were covered today, and then it gives an opportunity to make plays. And that defensive line made some plays today. Sacked in six times. Yes, when was the last time this defense sacked anybody six times in the game?
Speaker 2: Not this year?
Speaker 4: And they had opportunities for interceptions oh yeah, Ginalstone, there was one of them. Came right in front of genal Thtone. He was going for the hit. Ball comes right over the top.
Speaker 2: Of the guy.
Speaker 4: You intercept that ball, you're not gonna get every hit. And in this case Geno Stone, who's missing tackles anyway, go get the damn ball and.
Speaker 2: Go get the ball.
Speaker 4: And had he not, if he would have whiffed on it.
Speaker 2: The guy behind him, Yes, the Bengals interception, Yes, and he's laying there on the ground like, man, I had it. I had it, but Gino chipped it away.
Speaker 4: Now I just think that again, this football team is a good football team. It's probably one of the best non playoff teams that are not in there right now. So we got to figure out going forward, what's our next step.
Speaker 2: What do we do next?
Speaker 4: I think you're gonna have to find some free agency veterans out there. I'm not talking about a twelve year guy. I'm talking about somebody that playing that five to ten year range that could help a younger player develop and get where they need to be.
Speaker 2: We've got two young.
Speaker 4: Rookie linebackers that are pretty good except their green and they're running out of that they're running out of space.
Speaker 2: They're just running up and down the field.
Speaker 4: A veteran linebacker, Wilson that we got rid of and we send him the Dallas said. He's the captain of the defense. And you get rid of him, you bitch him because this guy runs the four to three and I run a four to six. But what Wilson is bringing to the table is knowledge, yes, And I'll take knowledge over speed in youth any day. But that guy who's learning from Wilson, I mean a couple of years from now, he'll be the new Wilson.
Speaker 2: See. And that's how you staff.
Speaker 4: That's how you build a football team by not just getting rid of the old guy, but letting the old guy help the young guy come along. And then now gonna be a better football team by that.
Speaker 2: And you know what that reminds me of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the way they do it. They know how to develop, they know how to go out and find if they if they go lose a linebacker, let me tell you next year's draft, they gonna go find that same guy that they lost and some college somewhere else. And when he comes in, he's playing in a system that he may have played in college, so they ran a three to four in college, or they ran a three three five in college, and we bring him in here as a linebacker and we're.
Speaker 2: Running that same defense.
Speaker 4: The only difference between that guy and the guy that was there before is the last name and the change of the number.
Speaker 2: Or he's already there and that he's ready.
Speaker 4: Experience.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they plug him right in, blug him right in.
Speaker 4: Man, we know, chick, wait, we needed the Bengals need a general manager? Can you get out of radio? And maybe I can get out of this and I'll be a general manager. You know, I just know a little bit about football, and I'm not trying to say they don't know. But as a former player, all I want to do is see this team win. And how can I make that happen by sitting up in the press box looking at uniforms when I can be helping this football team secondary do what they do. I missed a few tackles in my careers, not a whole lot of them, but I missed a few.
Speaker 2: But when it hurt.
Speaker 4: For someone who played the game to go up and say, hey, man, what are you looking at?
Speaker 2: What do you watch? When you back up in an extra set of eyes. Yeah, an extra set of eyes.
Speaker 4: I watched the secondary on the snap of the ball before pre snap. These guys are twenty five yards d and the ball ain't ben snap yet, and guess what tight ends to catch the ball across the middle.
Speaker 2: I would never let that allow that to happen. Troy Aikman's going down to what and advising the Dolphins and vicely Dolphins on a coach.
Speaker 4: Troy Aikman, who played for the Cowboys, who's on TV doing commentating, He's gonna be a head coach advisory for the Miami Dolphins. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: And Tom Brady is part owner of the Ross Vegas Raider.
Speaker 4: He's on TV and radio talking about games, and I'm going, are you kidding me? Why is it that everybody else wants to do that but we don't. How about inside information? Inside information? Man? I would love to be a scott. I would love to be a scout for the Bengals. Send me to tim Buck two or California. Let me watch some players, and I'm gonna come back with a football player. I guarantee I'll come back with somebody that can play from some college somewhere.
Speaker 2: David, you're going to the the blue turf at Hayes, Kansas. I'm on my way at Fort Hayes State. I'm on my way and I bumped into Duke Tobin when I covered the club. He says, yeah, I've been there. Yeah, leave no stone unturned.
Speaker 4: You've been there. But have you brought anybody from there to come for your team?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Not and not not Every uh uh National championship team has all the players that could play in the NFL. Is somebody out there and and and wherever that country is, that town is that can play from a small school. But you gotta go out there and see him. Look at the film develop and see what they got. Paul Brown saw film on me from Dick Lebow and bral Brown said, well, that's not a safety. That's a damn linebacker. He said, you dude, you know what Lebo told him. That's the best safety we probably will ever have on this football team. And when they drafted me, and Paul Brown looked at me face and face and he said, you're not a linebacker. I say, Coach, I'm a safety. I'm big as a linebacker. Just let me play. And you know what the rest is history? Absolutely it is.
Speaker 2: It's the rest of history.
Speaker 4: But you gotta know, you have to know your players. You got to know what's going on out there. Don't just look at TV and say, oh, that guy plays for Nebraska or he plays for Oklahoma. Oh that's the number one team in the country. Well what about the team that's forty fifth in the country. They got athletes. Look at the film. You want somebody to tackle them, a be around the football. I'm gonna go look at a guy who's around the football on every play. You know what, he's gonna become an athlete from me in the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's David Folts. That's the Rick and bow Man's exactly right. And this is Chick Ludwig. We're live at Wings and Rings in Liberty Township and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers following the bengals twenty to eighteen loss to the Cleveland Browns on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 4: Good to talk to you, man. What a great day, man, What a great day.
Speaker 2: Here in Ings and Me, you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers. Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers Chick Ludwig alongside Faux Rock, David Fulcher, Fultures, Vultures, and the Chick Magnets are here tonight at Wings and Rings Liberty Township. Man, we're having a blast and hey, we just had and what an eighth grader? Yes, come up to the table and ask David Fulcher, you got.
Speaker 4: Any tips for me? Tips?
Speaker 2: Can you give the listeners the cliffs notes version of what you told that young man? Well? I told him.
Speaker 4: I said, first of all, make it bead up when you get out in the morning. Got to make it beat up. Take care of your house, take care of clean go to class because you can't play sports with if you don't have the grades. And then number two, man play it from the heart. Don't play it from the money, because you know what You're gonna get paid no matter what you do. But if you play the game because you love playing it, people are gonna appreciate what you do. And if you do that daily, you're gonna be successful. I didn't say winners, wins and losses. I said take care of your business. And if they take care of theirs. You're doing your job. And that's what I tried to tell him. That's beautiful, man, that's beautiful. David. Yeah, great stuff.
Speaker 2: And I loved what Dion Sanders said about the name, image and likeness and guys opting out of their bowl games jumping into the transfer portal. And he said, a lot of guys are doing really the wrong thing.
Speaker 4: Oh they are.
Speaker 2: That could jeopardize their college careers and their future careers. He said, I never chased the money. I chased greatness. And when greatness came, here come the money. Here come the money. And that's how it is.
Speaker 4: Man. You play this game because you love playing it. My grandson is saying goodbye, bye bye man. See you, buddy, Papaul big Man. If you're chasing greatness, okay. And Paul Brown and Mike Brown said this to me many many years ago when I came into the league. He says, you keep doing your job. We're gonna keep paying you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, we got some pennies back in the day. They're making a whole lot of money today. When he told me that, I said, all you want me to do is hit people.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I'm gonna like my paycheck because I'm gonna go out there and hit you, and then Mike Brown's gonna pay me or Paul Brown's gonna pay me. And once again, I give all the the glory to obviously my Lord and Jesus Jesus Christ. But when they drafted me and they brought me in here, Dick la Boll said, I got a safety, but he don't look like one. But I got a guy that I'll tell you what his motor. He's gonna be around in football all the time. And that's what I wanted to give them, and I wanted to give the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Rock before we reached the bottom of the hour break the season ends. You walk in the locker room after the game, you're gonna look around and you're gonna say to all your teammates, you're gonna look around and some of you gentlemen are not going to be here.
Speaker 4: Then I be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's there's a lot of emotion that's got to be going through you the last game of the season.
Speaker 4: When you walk in that locker room, you know this is this game was not just a game against the Browns and against the Bengals. On the NFL. This was an audition for these guys, yes, for next year, because a lot of these guys won't be back. These guys are going to go other places. They need to have some film on them so people can see them. So and I heard Zach Taylor when they were in the locker room talking to him, and I thought I heard a little bit of tearness in his voice because he is so close to these guys for the last many years he's been here. That some of them won't be here, some of the coaches may not be here, because this is what happens in football. In sports, you lose players, you gain players. And when you go in there and you look at him, you know, like I would give an example of being on the defense and I'm playing on this defensive backfield and some of the guys who have struggled Gino Stone a lot of mistackles. You know, a lot of guys struggle that they may not be here. You could be my opponent next year, or you could be out of the NFL. So for all the love that I have for my brothers, now you gonna be on another team or in another city. Still love you, man. When we play for another team, I can't love you like I want to. I'm not gonna try to hurt you, but I'm trying to beat you. So this is probably the hardest thing to go in, especially when this is a playoff caliber type of football team atmosphere, and for three years in a row we have not gotten there.
Speaker 2: And that's hard.
Speaker 4: Chick. Oh, it's gotta be absolutely because you're not You're not gonna get that brotherly love anymore because they're gone. When them guys clean today, when they walked out of there, most of them clean out their lockers today, or they're gonna come on Monday and clean out their lockers because that locker room is gonna be closed down by tomorrow. So some of them guys already have their flights ready to go, and some of them may not be back. Some of them might even had their cars running. Yeah, cars probably are pushing the button get the car warmed up before they got out there. Man, exactly, home and home could be the west coast, the East coast, somewhere that you got to drive and go.
Speaker 2: Home, somewhere where the sun might be shin at I'm telling you some might be shigning little warmer. The hours have changed. You never know.
Speaker 4: It's six o'clock here, but it might be three o'clock where they come from.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 4: Man, Hey, hey, thanks so much for cost of coming out. Yes, yes, good to see it, man.
Speaker 2: And now, gosh, preparation really starts for next year.
Speaker 4: This is it, man, This is right now. What you're doing is you're getting rid of all this stuff. Football is over. You might want to. I don't even know if the players are gonna look at the game film from the day because it doesn't matter because when you look at the game field today, you're prepared and preparing for next week. So really it's you watch the game on your own. But right now, these coaches have to get themselves ready for the draft and any free agency that are out there, and the guys they want to come back. You know, Zach Taylor's gonna get with every position coach and they're gonna talk about all their players, and those players are hey, is he coming back? Do we keep him? Do we want him? What are we gonna do? And this is how you make up the draft, because you know you're gonna lose three dbs or two d linemen.
Speaker 2: At least a third, at least a third, if not half the roster.
Speaker 4: Taff of a roster could come out. It's the same way when they come in and they do the roster, they come out with eighty five, eighty five, ninety guys. They gotta get it down in fifty five, well sixty three and before you know it done thirty guys. Man, once you call you a friend, they're gone. They're gone, and you may see him again on another team, or they may be done with football. Period. It's a tough one. Man been there and done that. Man, been at that corner many times. Great stuff rock, Yeah, I appreciate it. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game sports Talk presented by Arnell Carriers. A little post mortem on the bengals.
Speaker 2: Twenty to eighteen loss to the Cleveland Browns today and a six and eleven season. When Joe Burrow went down, I said, oh my gosh, five and twelve is coming, and they went six and eleven. And the silver lining that we talked about at the top of the show. Some fans will appreciate it that the Bengals were drafting ninth instead of dropping to like eleven or twelve.
Speaker 4: You know, you know when you have a good season, man, when you're down in that twenty third, twenty fifth, twenty seventh pick in the draft because you're doing so well. But when you're picking early, this pick has to be a grand slam, not a base hit. This pick that the Bengals got to pick at number nine has to be a grand slam, somebody that could come in here and make a difference immediately. And then you just keep doing the same thing and each each pick, the second pick, the third pick, even when you go out and get free agents, you gotta get free agents men that are gonna be an impact player that makes a difference now, not three years from now. The rookies coming out of high college. They're gonna be playing behind veterans. Those guys we can rely on two and three and four years from now. But we have got to get a bona fide number one pick that is going to make an impact to this team right now on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: And you are listening to the tri Stage Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's David Folcher, this is Chick Ludwig. We're live at Wings and Rings and Liberty Township until eight thirty tonight the number to dial five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, the Big one seven hundred, WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty listening to the tri Stage Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We're live at Wings and Rings, Liberty Township. He's David Fulcher, this is Chick Ludwig. We're continuing to discuss the bengals twenty to eighteen loss to the Cleveland Browns and the Bengals season and a reminder of fans out there. The postgame sports talk has brought to you in part by a door window company. They sell the best and service the rest. Now rock lets a review the Guilty Windows Window of Opportunity brought to you by Guilty Windows. The key to quality windows is trusting the pros Gilkey Windows. The Bengals are up six to nothing after missing the after the first touchdown and the missister point.
Speaker 4: Ye okay, now they're on the.
Speaker 2: Doorstep of scoring again.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: They drive to the doorstep really of the Browns end zone.
Speaker 4: I think it was on a four yard line too. And for yard line Joe Burrow is aiming for was it t Higgins? T Higgins? Yeah? In the end zone?
Speaker 2: The ball gets deflected by is it Shelby Harris? And then Devin Bush takes it to the house, takes it ninety seven yards to the house. And it's just like that.
Speaker 4: It's seven to six, and think about it going and score a touchdown thirteen. Nothing looks a little bit better. Now Cleveland's really reeling. All of a sudden, we give him life.
Speaker 2: We're ready to run him out of the gym. Yeah, and everything changes, it does it And with another minute fifty seconds to go, it happens again. It happens again with Noahfense fumbling yep, and then running the ball into the end zone.
Speaker 4: You know, it's one thing that I could say about people who fumble. You know, you hit if you get a good shot on the guy and ball pops out. It happens. But he caught the football and now he's running for six to seven yards and what did they tell you? And Pop Warner football, Tuck it away, Tuck it away, squeeze it as tight as you can and don't let nobody take it out. And that's the second time he's done it. And both times that's what they were talking about. The both times that he fumbled, it was a touchdown. After the fumble in Minnesota, the guy picked it up, rand it back for a testdown, and then in this game he fled run back for a testdown. So the Browns just keep having it now.
Speaker 2: The brown scored with fifty six seconds to go in the first quarter on Devin Bush's ninety seven yard run back on the pick six, and then at the fourteen six mark of the second quarter, the Noah Fense fumble caused by Jerome Baker, the touchdown maker linebacker, and then Sam Webb scooped it up, it took it to the house forty seven yards and just like that, it's fourteen to six and the Bengals are fighting from behind.
Speaker 4: And when that's when we said this was a strange game. Very I looked at the emotion on the sideline, I heard the emotion up in the press box. It was very quiet, like no one was prepared or ready to play football than had really bad happen, which they did. Because two touchdowns gives the Browns fourteen points in their offense don't even have fourteen yards of offense and I'm thinking, this is a very weird game. When are we gonna get out of this funk? When are we gonna get out of this cloud? And we never got out of it until the last touchdown that we scored to put us up ahead, and then we were still in the cloud from our team, but we never really developed any kind of momentum in this football game at all.
Speaker 2: So early on the quick turnaround there, the Bengals are getting ready to go in and maybe go up thirteen to nothing. Yeah, that was the Guilty Windows window of opportunity once again brought to you by Guilty Windows. The key to quality windows is trusting the pros Kilkey Windows. And there was another one, that window of opportunity when that Bengals did take the lead and weren't able to stop the Browns on that final ten play forty yard drive that set up Andre Schmidt with the forty nine yard field goal.
Speaker 4: You know, we talked about, you know, cognunity, the cognunity, you know, the closeness of this team. When we scored that touchdown to go ahead. It would be nice because I've seen this happen before, especially on when I played on the teams the offense scored a touchdown Boomers. Sisin came in the defensive huddle before we ran out and gave us a little pep talk. Yes, like, okay, I put the ball in your hand down to win the game, don't let me down. Now, how many of those conversations do they have on this team. I'm not saying Joe Burrow go to the defensive huddle and say, hey, listen, it's time to clamp it up, shut them up, and get it done. But there's got to be somebody defensively, offensively, special teams coach that listen, it's in your hand. Now, take care of your business. Let's get off the field, Let's go home and have a good time. Let's go to the locker room and celebrate. But you got to take care of business. Does that happen? Someone text me and said, whatever happened to the no huddle offense? Like sense of urgency on offense? Yeah, we don't really have that sense of urgency on offense. I'm not saying that the offensive guys don't do it. But you see the Browns when they came out the second half. The Browns started the second half with running the football. Yes, no huddle trying to put the Bengals on the heels and trying to get them tired and wear them out. And what happened in that third court that first drive, the Browns went down the field. I don't think they scored, but they went down the field. They moved the ball a little bit. But you know what he was doing to the Bengals. It had the Bengals changing defensive players because they were getting tired. And when you do that, man, you have a sense of urgent. See someone text me and said, the difference between today's game and any other game was was there a sense of urgency on offense to attack the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 2: And the Browns did score on that first drive that chewed.
Speaker 4: Up seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Think about it, twelve plays, fifty six yards and Schmidt kicked a twenty seven yard field goal to make it seventeen to twelve.
Speaker 4: But think about that, though that drive took seven minutes long, and of that drive, if it was how many plays twelve places, twelve plays, I tell you seven or eight of those plays were come to the line of scrimmage and let's go. And then in our case, when the Bengals, we call it, we called her set alert, set alert. Boomer will get up there, real quick, set alert, and the guys get ready to go, and the defense starts falling on the ground because he's trying to slow us down. You know what, That's what the Browns did at that first drive. Where's the sense of urgency of attacking the Cleveland Browns instead of letting them sit back there and make calls.
Speaker 2: And when you mentioned Boomer, it brings back a bad memory of nineteen ninety seven, my first full year on the beat in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Yeh.
Speaker 2: Boomer led the team to a four and one finish that year, and the one loss in November was in Philly after Brian Milne scored a touchdown and Bobby hoyingg hit Irving Fryar marched them down and Chris Boniol hit it at thirty one yard field goal at the gun, and Boomer threw his helmet in the locker room at the defense and said, you guys don't deserve your paychecks.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, man, they that. How many people are saying that today? How many players are saying that today? I don't know. I'm not in the locker room. I'm not saying trying to start a feud or whatnot. But you know, as if I was a defensive guy and my offensive team was struggling on scoring, I'm gonna go say something to him, not negative. Come on, man, we worked hard this week. We worked hard on Wednesday beating each other up. Let's go out there and get this thing done. Let's bring this thing home them sixty eight thousand people that are screaming right now. Who's who pays part of our salary? They deserve better than what we're giving them. They know what it all change. Love it.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phones. Do we have Donald in Nashville still on the line.
Speaker 10: Hey Donald, Hey guys, how you doing good?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 10: Good? I always love hearing you two guys talk.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 20: Sure's it's a good good night on a bad day, I can tell you that. But uh, but uh, you guys are saying all the things I was calling about. One of the thing I was calling about is who's holding these people accountable for these in the states they continue to make I mean, even Joe Joe Burrow, it is like how many reachs in the road and if he throwing the pick sick or intercession that cost us the game?
Speaker 10: And no one's no one's hold him accountable. I want to hear them about the office in the line or the deeples to do this.
Speaker 3: The quarterback is is.
Speaker 10: Just throwing with state. You gotta stop that. I'm sorry, We're paying them too much money for us to be losing games.
Speaker 2: On pick six, I'm saying, seventh, seventh career pick six.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're right, And it stopped a.
Speaker 2: Streak of twelve consecutive possessions inside the red zone where the Bengals scored touchdowns.
Speaker 4: That was tough. They had twelve possessions.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's fat. That's the tight end. I mean, you said it's so perfectly man, you can learn this warning. Yeah, this guy, it's almost I'm scared to catch the ball because I feel like hes gonna give it right back to you.
Speaker 4: You put they tell us when we were kids and Pop Warner, you put two hands on the ball and you cover that ball. You grabbed that ball like you're holding on to dear life. And they should never take that ball away from it if you've got two hands on it. And I don't know, I'm telling you, man, he he.
Speaker 10: Was my last comment. I mean to catch a big, big, full I'm sorry, sir, my last time. My last comment is the person who should be holding by account who's getting paid the most on the team, quarterback. Okay, So the reason why Boomer did that because you know, he was getting paid the most of the team.
Speaker 4: He was man, he was a million dollar player on the team that only had one guy making a million bucks and that was Boomer Sizing. And he opened up his mouth and we had a we had a a non coaching meeting conversation amongst the team, and when they started talking, the first thing we said was, it's not on the coaches, y'all, it's on us. And if we don't make plays, we don't win. And it changed. We did that in eighty seven, the strike year. We talked about that and what happened the following year. We go to Super Bowl.
Speaker 10: We got Mehadi Biz, we got porches. I mean, look at wide receiver. Man, don't get better at what we got. We can't get better what we got, And here we are playing like we got you know, savetts or a picture or something on the side, you know what I mean, what the what the crazy?
Speaker 2: We love to have what we got, no doubt, no doubt Heydonald, You've got it.
Speaker 4: Take a break.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers, live from the Wings and Rings in Liberty Township.
Speaker 4: He's David Fulcher.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You are listening to the tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk with the Chickster, Chick Ludwig and Faux Rock David Fulcher picks. We're presented by RNL Carriers. We're live at Wings and Rings, Liberty Township and we're continuing to talk Cincinnati Bengals football twenty to eighteen loss today and then what the future holds. Let's go out to the phones. Matt in Springfield.
Speaker 18: Are you there, Matt, Hey, what's going on? Chicken and enjoy listening to y'all.
Speaker 2: Man, you all right appreciate it, say it that it's coming with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, last show the man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I knew though. My cousin who's a Browns fan, man, he went with me, and I knew.
Speaker 18: I even told him, you know, when the time was that much time up from the clock, I told him I was like, watch, you all are going to get into the range. You're gonna kick the game, winnings will go and you're gonna be He was even telling me too, because he knows how the Browns have put him down. He's like, Oh no, that's not gonna happen, you know, because the way it's been going for us. But it's just been the tail all season long with this team. Man, it's coming up short.
Speaker 3: Every time. It's like they get they getting range to.
Speaker 18: Win, they leave too much time on the clock, and every single time the defense does something to let the team down. Every single time. It's been that way since the Jets game, Bears game, I mean too many games the list. So it's just the same story to.
Speaker 3: A very dreadful season.
Speaker 18: At the end of the day, though, I mean, we're picking what tenth now because the Chiefs won, So let's hope they can at least draft somebody that you know, can potentially be a playmaker. But I am getting nervous though with Burrows comments. Man after the game, Man, I hope he doesn't try to do uh a old you know, Chrison Palmer and forced his way out of town. I mean, I wouldn't blame him if that was to happen with this the way this franchise has let him down on the you know, with the defensive side of the ball, and he is getting up there in age.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, guys.
Speaker 18: I mean, it was fun though, to go down.
Speaker 3: You know, one last time for the season.
Speaker 18: You know, freezing at that place was act for the mac coll has actually surprised how many Browns fanas actually traveled there. It sounded like a Browns game. I don't know if y'all heard on TV, like a Brown's home game. You're a people chanting Miles Garrett after you got that sack. Oh wow there.
Speaker 2: I was like, many appreciate the call. Yeah, the Browns backers really are a worldwide.
Speaker 4: They follow the follow they really do.
Speaker 2: They're an unbelievable fan base.
Speaker 4: And well, yeah, when Miles Garrett got the sack, it did go a little crazy. They were like Miles Garrett. They kept saying, they kept saying it, and you know, we we knew it was coming. I was hoping that it didn't happen, but we knew it was coming. When it came, you know, there's really nothing you can say, man, You just you know, it's a sack. He got the he got the he got the The generosity of the fans is letting him know what's going on.
Speaker 2: But the generosity of the officials that let him celebrate.
Speaker 4: Without that that right there, I'm shocked that you know, the guys, you know the guys on TV as I'm looking at some of these TV screens and I see straight handing their group on Fox that nobody is talking about. And maybe they have and maybe we didn't see him, but nobody's talking about that scenario, that situation. That's because he got the sack, doesn't mean that the game is supposed to stop that sack live play ball is still going. Joe Burrow gets off the ground and the clock is supposed to be running for Joe to cut the team on the line of scrimma, and they called.
Speaker 2: Time out for the Browns to celebrate.
Speaker 4: That's a fifteen yard penalty. They could they could throw extra penalties on that and move the ball down the field with the Biggles being into him. Because players left the field to go out there and celebrate him. They stopped play for no reason. It wasn't fourth down. It was a sack and the play clock still runs, and the officials stopped the clock and then rewind it after everybody got off the field. There's no way, Jack, that's both to happen, Unbelievabay, you're exactly right.
Speaker 2: And you wonder if before the game there was any understanding that if he gets the sack record there will be a celebration.
Speaker 4: Unless the Browns called time out after he gets the sack. That we don't know, right, but I don't think it was a timeout call, no, because they were just standing in The referees were looking everybody's clapping, and then as a Brown started getting off the field, they head referee backed up and he went like this whind the clock? So wait a minute, why did the clock stop?
Speaker 2: And Zach Taylor's reaction to all this what is going on here led me to believe that there was no understanding that the clock that the game would stop it with an officials time out and letting the Cleveland Brown sell it.
Speaker 4: So and you made the state the comment earlier about Corey Dillon when he got the two hundred and seventy five yards wrestling and broke Walter Payton singles game wrestler. So the King didn't stop, No, Corey Dillon came to the sideline. Everybody's high fiving and they're still playing football on the field. I don't get it, man, But you know what, don't it only happens the Cincinnadi. I know it doesn't happen nobody else. That's exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, Hey, let's go out to the phones. John and Cedarville.
Speaker 6: Hi, John, Hey, let's talk to you and chick.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it, John, we're here.
Speaker 6: Hey, Yeah, how are you guys doing it?
Speaker 4: We're doing okay, hanging in.
Speaker 21: Hey, today's game. I mean, Miles Garrett I mean, hats off to him, but but I'm a Bengals fan and I really don't give a crap about Miles garrett Ory's record.
Speaker 6: But needs to say. They talked about the celebrations. They should have flagged them guys after those touchdowns that run back.
Speaker 4: In that stoop and go oh grabbing, grabbing the crotch.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like they.
Speaker 21: Were doing the gritty or the dagg on crib walk or something. I mean, you know, but I mean that was funky.
Speaker 2: How about the Los Angeles rams on the blockfield goal and the guy returns it and as he's running to the end zone. He looks at the sideline and gives a peace sign. Yes, he could find eleven thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and well them two guys that grabbed their crotch. Hey, I was up there in the press box.
Speaker 6: What do you What do you guys think about cameo Joe Flacco?
Speaker 2: Oh the cameo where he came out and got a first down on a quarterbacks?
Speaker 4: The quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, I love.
Speaker 6: Plays in both games.
Speaker 22: Is Joe Burrow?
Speaker 6: I'd like to know the stasisitions from this.
Speaker 22: How many batted balls does Joe Burrow have under center compared to end the shotguns and if they're if there is a significant difference, he needs to stop one or the other and quit standing back there like your Doug flutyin't getting everything batted back at you or tipped and intercepted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, John appreciate the call as always, there are so many issues right now with this club.
Speaker 4: But I was just trying to figure out when I heard that this call is being recorded.
Speaker 6: I didn't know Next year they come out.
Speaker 21: Next year they got approve on every dag on play starting in mini camp. That why they are the Super Bowl champions and go out and play on every single play, proven why they are Super Bowl champions.
Speaker 2: Well, it would be nice, John, it would be nice if everybody on this franchise showed up for all the OTAs.
Speaker 4: But like they did Super Bowl season.
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody under contract, everybody on site instead of you know, bickering about their contracts. So there was a lot of a lot of that in the last couple of years. So hey, we've got to take a break. I appreciate the call, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 4: He's David Folcher.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig live from Wings and Rings in Liberty Township on seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's Post Games Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by r and L Carriers. Post Games Sports Talk is prompt to you in part by Hello Windows and Door Life Brighter, Pella Now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier Dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four Postman others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. And we are live at Wings and Rings Liberty Township, sixty nine, sixty three South Liberty Drive, right near.
Speaker 4: Lacody East High School.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig on alongside Bengals Ledge Dairy Strong Safety David Foulter, and we're continuing to discuss the Bengals and they're twenty to eighteen season finale loss to the Cleveland Browns like a wrecking ball. And Mike Mills are awesome on site engineer and back at our Kenwood studios. We appreciate the job of shoeless Joe Waddell.
Speaker 4: He's sooe this Joe.
Speaker 2: He's handed the baton to Danny Gleeson. He's going to take us home to the bottom of the hour. Wings and Rings Man. We absolutely love it here and Gosh everyone at iHeartMedia Rock appreciates the support and the gosh, the friendship in the camaraderie here with our new sponsor this year.
Speaker 4: Ohe Oh. Yeah, we've we've been very, very appreciative to this restaurant and all of them across the Ohio in Kentucky, and we definitely want to keep doing it. And you know, sign us up again for next year, that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: And hey, let's review today's Postman Law Injury report, brought to you by Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers. I think the Bengals were able to get out of today pretty well unscathed. But there were two Cleveland Browns that really got injured. Tyson Campbell cornerback with a shoulder injury. He exited but then came back. But Denzel Ward, the outstanding corner he had a pick six in his career against Joe Burrow, remembered act from a couple of years ago. But Denzel Ward went out with a neck injury and did not return.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there was a few Bengal players that would kind of beat up the two corners. Oh and Dax Hill dak Hill. Yeah, I think he got hurt banged up. I don't know if he came back in the game or not, but I know they were talking about him on my ride over here, and wasn't I'm not sure if it was good or bad, but it sounded like the Bengals kind of walked out of there with everybody walking on two feet instead of somebody carrying them out.
Speaker 2: And that is the Postman Law Injury Report, brought to you by Postman Law Injured Call eight four four Postman. Others promise Postman deliver.
Speaker 4: He delivers.
Speaker 2: And let's go back out to the phones. Do we have Jack and Dayton?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: How about Richard and Dayton? All right, gosh, is there anybody else left? Danny, I'll tell you what after Bill? We got a Bill, Well, we got Bill, I got Bill outstanding?
Speaker 4: Hi Bill, Hey.
Speaker 6: Guys, Hey, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 10: Hey David. Okay, so I saw.
Speaker 14: And was around three of the guys you played with.
Speaker 2: Great guys.
Speaker 17: I'm not going to say their name, but they all said the same thing.
Speaker 6: Me and all my buddies.
Speaker 14: Believe that, you know, Zach, Taylor, Tobin and Golden.
Speaker 2: They don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 17: I mean, when you have the kind of roster we have, we should be doing better than we're doing, you know.
Speaker 6: And I'm looking at the.
Speaker 17: Bengals thinking to myself, are the Bengals problems.
Speaker 6: Fixable in one year?
Speaker 10: And I don't think so. You know, there's just too.
Speaker 22: Many holes right now.
Speaker 6: The offense is amazing.
Speaker 8: But if we can't stop anybody, you know, what's what's our future look like?
Speaker 6: And if Joe Burrow do you know, do I want to stay here?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: You know, I I you know, some of the things you're saying I think is true. But you know, there when this is a draft, everybody's picking from the same group of players. You know, one guy was in here earlier talked about you know, when Patrick Mahomes was drafted, we went after another Ross, John Ross Ross, and we probably could have Patrick Mahomes. Well I'm really kind of glad we didn't get Patrick Mahomes. You know, I just you know, he he belongs in Kansas City. Let him stay there. But the simple fact that is, if all these teams, the thirty two teams are drafting from the same pool, they go to the Combine, they go to the Senior Games, they look at all these players, and how is it that we don't get you know, some of the best players being picked in the draft. Well, it goes back to your recruiting. You'r a scouting department. It goes back to the guy who's running that scouting department. I'm not saying Duke Tobin is not the best scout or best person for that position, but when you're scouting players like everybody else, it's hard to do. It's hard to do those things. So when I look back, I go, there is a lot of talent on this team. I think it's a lot of things that needs to be changed, and offensively, defensively, Offensively, I don't know how much more you can really do. But add some linemen offensive line, they help defensively, you know, pass rush, cover corners, linebackers that you know, the linebackers aren't bad. But if I'm going to be the guy that's running the scouting department or the draft, I'm going to after defense. What do they say, Defensive teams win, Defensive teams win championships. Offensive team put points on the board. We got an offensive team that put points on the board, but our defense is suspect. So how do we fix that. We have to fix it.
Speaker 10: Well we Yeah, I think we did.
Speaker 17: Okay, I think Miles Murphy looks like he can play Jamar Stewart.
Speaker 4: We you know, the jury's still out on him. You know.
Speaker 17: There's a lot of holes on this team, you know, and we need to figure that out.
Speaker 6: And they're going to have a lot of cap money.
Speaker 17: They need to figure out a way to spend the cap money effective.
Speaker 2: With me and Bill, a lot of decisions need to be made too, especially with this class of twenty twenty three. Miles Murphy still has what two more years? Really, I believe move was that Murphy? Yeah, if they if they give him a fifth year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's he's going the second year of his rookie contract.
Speaker 2: Yes, now, but DJ Turner, Jordan Battle, Charlie Jones, Chase Brown, you definitely want to keep, you know, going into his.
Speaker 4: You got to you gotta go ahead and sign Chase Brown now. Don't wait to absolutely, Yeah, you don't want Chase Brown in the offseason sitting around not playing preseason games because he's waiting on the contract extension. Go ahead and do it now, because the kid, the kid can play, The kid can.
Speaker 2: Work cam Taylor. Britt is due to be a free agent at the end of the year.
Speaker 4: He may not be here. He's hurt and he's coming off an injury. He's hurt right now, and so we'll figure that one out. But you know, I still think they need to go in the draft and go defense, you know, because it doesn't hurt to have, you know, three defensive tackles, and you know, and all three of them about the same. So you really don't lose nothing when you lose the first one, second, and third. But when you got some depth at those positions, then now you can work some things out. You can move people around and make some things happen. Because a lot of the problems that we have, we can't put pressure on the quarterback. That front four or front seven has to be better than it has been in the last couple of years, and that's what we're struggling, and our dvs look bad because the quarterback has all day to stand back then and throw the football. So you can put anybody that's like white receivers. You got a quarterback like Joe Burrow, Tom Brady, it was a quarterback that didn't have the big name white receivers but Tom Brady got the ball to him.
Speaker 2: The same way with our offense.
Speaker 4: We've got what we need on offense, the weapons, but defense it has to be the important part of our season for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: At Bill, Now, David, do you think now, David, do you think if the kid.
Speaker 6: From Ohio State is available that we take him?
Speaker 2: If he's there? Is that downs cale? Is that Caleb down.
Speaker 4: Downs If he's there, I take him. Yes, he's there. I'm taking a hardba. I mean, there's no doubt right now. Right now, I'm saying the Bengals on the clock right now, number one pick for the since day Bengals, the guy from Ohio State downs and then from there own we just started getting better and better with defense. All right, Bill, we got to run appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Let's check David on Cincinnati's defensive secondary coverage today, brought to you by Coversincy dot com, local health insurance experts for over twenty years. You know, I'm looking at the tackle the defensive statistics here, and it's nice not to see all the DB's at the top. Not supposed to be like that. Yeah, that's up. So we've got the BJ Hill with eight tackles. Cam Sample had the sack and the force fumble, and GJ. Slayton was very active up along with Miles Murpheet.
Speaker 4: So yes, that's how it's supposed to be. That is what your statistics succeeds to be like at the end of the game. He shouldn't be a safety a corner leading the team in tackles. They're right, because if that is what's happening, that means I'm tackling down there ten fifty yard down the field. They're getting to the second or third level. Well, when you put the pressure on your quarterback like we did today on Sanders, the guys up front were making plays and they were in his face and that's why the game wasn't as big of a blowout or big we give up too many points. The Bengals defense, a front seven, made plays and made it easy for the corners and safeties to do their job.
Speaker 2: And that's the defense's secondary coverage report brought to you by coversince he dot com cover since he has you covered with affordable health insurance plans for over twenty years. Well outstanding individual efforts you know on offense by the Bengals when you think of the Big Three with Joe Burrow, T Higgins and Jamar Chase, Jamar Chase going well over one thousand yards this year. T Higgins knocking on that door. How about Tea with with eleven with eleven is a ten or eleven touchdown receptions? I think he's at eleven, He's at eleven. And Jamar I believe had eight touchdown receptions but well over thirteen hundred yards in receptions.
Speaker 4: And he had almost one hundred and thirty something catches. So he leaves the lead again and catches. Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 2: And then how about Chase Brown really blossoming as a complete running back and how awesome is it to have both him the one two punch of Chase Brown and samij.
Speaker 4: P Ryan tomij p Ryan. Today I said, oh man, he's about to get a hundred yards because he was, he was picking him up, putting them down. Today, he is, he's a battering Rams he said, never left Cincinnati, but he went over to Kansas City, tested the water, got a Super Bowl and now he's.
Speaker 2: Back Denver for it Denver first, and then Casey Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: P Ryan, I'm telling you, man, he is. He is a force to be record one. He reminds me of the old full backs that played when the being when in back in the league, when they had a tight end, a true tight end and three two wide receivers, a full back and tailback. P Ryan's my guy. Oh absolutely, I'll go to world with p RN all day. And he rashed.
Speaker 2: He rushed for four hundred yards one game, you know, the single game NCAA record, I believe in Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: And he has the most rushing yards in Oklahoma football history. And they were mixing, was there too? That's right? Yeah, p Ryan is the leading russer And they say who was p Ryan when they always talk about Joe Mixon And p Ryan's the leading has the best rushing record or rushing yards in Oklahoma history.
Speaker 2: Just incredible. Well, rock lets up. Let's take a look at scores around the National Football League. Big One tonight the Ravens at the Steelers, winner take all AFC North champ.
Speaker 4: Who do you like? Oh my gosh, I don't like either one of them, idell, but somebody's gotta win. I don't know, man, I mean I don't like Pittsburgh. I mean I think it's more not liking Pittsburgh than it is Baltimore, because Baltimore is a I call him a retread tire that used to be the Browns and then he become the Ravens. So if I had to say, knock somebody out, Pittsburgh, you gotta go home. Amen to that.
Speaker 2: And even if they do lose, Pittsburgh still a nine and eight record.
Speaker 4: Mike Tomlin, Mike Tomlin again, he works, he works. I'm telling you you can be mad at Mike Tomlin, but Mike Tomlin. Them guys play for that dude.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Every time Mike Toman comes to Cincinnati and I'm with my uniform compliance and I don't do the visiting team anymore. Rodney heat does it now? I do the Bengals only, Tom and goes, where's that guy? At thirty three? Wants to say hi to me? Yes, he actually said to me, man, if if you were playing, I love to have you on my team. And I go, Mike, I can't play for Pittsburgh, man. Yeah, yeah, I love you, brother, but I can't play for Pittsburgh man. Amen to that.
Speaker 2: And how about the Falcons knocking off to Saints today nineteen to seventeen, and that catapults the Carolina Panthers to win a post game to win the division with an eight and nine record.
Speaker 4: Wow, eight and nine and winning your division.
Speaker 2: We almost had it here.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, we will because the winning team tonight is it ten wins or nine wins? I think Pittsburgh and Baltimore both are eight.
Speaker 2: And Ravens are eight and eight. Steelers are nine and seven. Wow, So if the Ravens win, there'll be nine and eight and AFC North Champs.
Speaker 4: Nine and eight to win the division. Yeah. Incredible, and that this this was and you think about this, this this was our turn, This was our year. The way that the division was beating each other up, this was our year. This was ours for the taking.
Speaker 2: And we're running out.
Speaker 4: Of this is our years. Yeah, I mean it's getting it's getting old. You're getting tired of saying that these guys are getting older. Joe Burrow's he's been getting beat up. Joe Burrow is is you know, three spare tires on a car that has one good will? Because he's been beat up, and he's been beat up. And how much longer can he play getting beat up? You can't.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 4: Joe Burrow cannot play in twenty twenty six and get hit and get beat up. He can't. He's got to play an injury free a season where he is not getting hit and beat up, because if he gets beat up, you know, I'm looking at Andrew Luck when Andrew Luck left early in Indy. I hate to see that happen to this young man, but it could.
Speaker 2: And that's what made last year so frustrated. He played the entire year and look at all these records of Sushion last year, and we wasted that year on him, wasted with a nine to eight record and sitting home.
Speaker 4: You know you throw for four forty five hundred yards, you got forty something, almost fifty something touchdowns. Dude, that guy is supposed to be playing in postseason. There's no offens and butt about it, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Vikings over the Packers sixteen to three. The New York Football Giants thirty four to seventeen winners over the Cowboys. The Jags absolutely destroyed the Tennessee Titans forty one to seven. The Texans go to twelve and five, defeating the Colts.
Speaker 4: Thirty eight to thirty.
Speaker 2: Bills are thirty five to eight winners over the New York Jets, the Lions upset the Bears nineteen to sixteen, Broncos over the Chargers nineteen to three, and the Chiefs fall to the Vegas Las Vegas Raiders fourteen to twelve.
Speaker 4: That's always a good Kansas.
Speaker 2: And the Los Angeles Rams are thirty seven to twenty winners over the Arizona Cardinals. Cardinals three and fourteen, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: When they lost Tyler Murray. It's just Kyler. Yes, he just went down in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Patriots are thirty eight to ten winners over the Miami Dolphins, and the Commanders defeat the Eagles twenty four to seventeen. So big game tonight, winner take all. And David, we've reached the end of the show. First of all, we want to thank all the fans. Oh yeah, who came out today, who called.
Speaker 4: In, who called in, Yes, who's stuck with this football team over the years, who listened to what we do here and we can't ask anything else.
Speaker 2: We appreciate all the loyal listeners. Yes, and on behalf of my partner Faux Rock, David Vulture, it's been an honor, pleasure and privilege you work with you, Jim Breach and Bruce Kazerski and an honorary partner.
Speaker 4: And Tim McGee.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, Oh, I've just had a fantastic time.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And to Mike Mills, our engineer, and our great producers back in the Kenwood studios from Lean Tomlinson and Sean McMahon and Shoeless Joe Waddell and Danny Gleeson.
Speaker 4: Man, all I can say about this this team right here, man is we went undefeated.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all right, appreciate that we went undefeated and until next time. We hope that will be next year. Yes, this is the Chickster Chick Ludwig on behalf of my partner David Foulcher. Thanks for listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers. Postgame Sports Talk live from Wings and Rings Liberty Township were presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty