Speaker 1: The free iHeartRadio app has irresistible stations like Halloween Radio.
Speaker 2: Always screaming, I mean.
Speaker 1: Streaming commercial free plus Trickle Treat.
Speaker 3: Radio just for your little monsters on treat, and of course curated Halloween playlists perfect for your Halloween forty.
Speaker 4: You just opened the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Search Halloween and listen now.
Speaker 5: The following takes place between six pm and seven pm.
Speaker 2: You want answers.
Speaker 6: I think I'm entitled.
Speaker 2: You want answers the truth?
Speaker 4: You can't handle the truth?
Speaker 7: Truth?
Speaker 8: Well, you might not be able to handle the truth. Tonight. You're not gonna be able to handle Lance McAllister because he's not here. His weekend off to a great start, at least I think it is long weekend for him. Hi, my name is Moen. My show's on ESPN fifteen thirty from three to six weekday afternoons. Get the chance to fill in for Lance tonight. Hope your weekend is off to a great start. This is RNL Carryer Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet on seven hundred WLW with you till nine Sterling at nine o'clock. Let's do some sports headlines, right. So Bengals played the Jets on Sunday at one o'clock. Trey Hendrickson officially listed as questionable in today's injury report. We'll see if he is good to go for Sunday. There seems to be a real sense of optimism that he'll be on the field. We'll see how many snaps we'll see if he starts, but questionable would suggest there's a good chance he does play on Sunday. Bengals and Jets on seven hundred WLW pregame coverage on Sunday morning from the Holy Grail with Ken Brew with Tony Pike and Me starting at nine am. As for the Jets, no Sauce Gardner, no Garrett Wilson from New York, and the head coach there Aaron Glenn, who is zero to seven, still will not reveal who his team starting quarterback is going to be. The entire football world is waiting with anticipation. Is it gonna be Tyrod Taylor, Is it gonna be justin Fields? And ultimately will it matter? By the way, of course, Sunday's game not just an opportunity for the Bengals to get back to five hundred, but on Sunday it's a ring of Honor game, which means that Dave Lapham and Lamar Parrish will be honored and inducted into the Bengals Ring of Honor. Too well deserved honors to overdue honors. Meanwhile, tomorrow, it's the twenty first rate of UC Bearcats hosting Baylor at Nippert Stadium. That is a four o'clock homecoming kickoff. The game live on seven hundred WYLW. I have the pregame show at three o'clock. Cincinnati comes in with six consecutive victories, taking on a Baylor team that is four and three. Ten night at the University of Cincinnati. My guy, my colleague and friend, Tony Pike, is being inducted into the James P. Kelly Hall of Fame. Congratulations to him, along with Tom Marvaso and Mike Mickens, both instrumental parts of this football program. Merrity Glenn, longtime soccer head coach at UC. Jessica Nevitt, a volleyball player at the University of Cincinnati and a KB sharp women's basketball player, also being inducted this evening. Meanwhile, college football tomorrow, the Miami Radhawks have won four straight games. They take on Western Michigan. Kentucky battles seventeenth rae to Tennessee at its second rated Indiana taking on UCLA a full slate in the tri State of high school football games. As we inch closer to the playoffs, you can get a full rundown of all of tonight's action on high school football tonight on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Meanwhile, in Toronto, it's a game one of the World Series the LA Dodgers the Toronto Blue Jays. Blake Snell throws for Los Angeles. Trey Yasavage will throw for Toronto Games one and two tonight and tomorrow games three, four and five. In LA Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week. College basketball, the UC Bearcats on the road for an exhibition game tonight against Arkansas. That game will tip off at eight o'clock. And the Kentucky Wildcats are playing an exhibition game against Purdue tonight. And if my computer were working, I would give you the score of that game, but it's not, so there you go. I'm just being completely and totally honest. Ten to eight Kentucky five minutes into the game, So there you go. Game doesn't count, So who cares? FC Cincinnati is getting set for Round one of the MLS Cup Playoffs Monday night. It's Tilt at the Soccer Stadium on the West end of Cincinnati, the Orange and Blue hosting the Columbus Crew. Monday Night's game could be heard live on ESPN fifteen thirty. Also tonight, the Cincinnati Cyclones are in action, taking on Fort Wayne. I believe it's Peanuts Night at the Arena downtown and the Columbus Blue Jackets skate against Washington. There you go, we are loaded today. Coming up at about twenty minutes, we're gonna chat with Robert Weintraub, who writes a great Bengals column every single week for Cincinnati Magazine. You'll hear a conversation with Danny Canell on college football. We'll look at the FC Cincinnati Columbus Crew series with one of the guys who's going to be calling in for Apple TV. We'll get a Joe Burrow update of sorts from Ortho Cincy. Coming up a little bit later on, I'll tell you why you should root for the La Dodgers in the World Series. But first, Logan Wilson wants a trade. I want a snow cone machine for our studio. Chances are neither one of us are going to get what we want. But it's okay that Logan Wilson has requested a trade. It's okay that Logan Wilson's playing time has been diminished. We'll get to that coming up in five minutes. But first time for traffic and weather together. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center, Mammograham Safe Lives called five one three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with uc Health sex per Team five one three five eight four pink. On seventy five, we're sewing as you make your way southbound, buying up to the Brent Spence Bridge by a seven minute trip to seventy five. Traffic at the Carrol Cropper Bridge westbound slows back to the Petersburg exit. I'm going to roadwork here and then southbound traffic is a little sluggish back to you West fifteen. In Indiana, seventy five is sewing as you make your way northbound Norway LANDL to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway northbound seventy five Turfway to the Brent Spence about a twenty minute trip I'm Rich Remp News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: And the forecast for tonight, increasing clouds at seven am, temperature at thirty eight, and we may see some frost. As for our Saturday, mostly cloudy a high of fifty seven at night, it stays that way in a lower forty three Sunday, an early chance of a shower. And you guessed it, mostly cloudy a high at fifty eight. From your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Rising downtown violence and political pressure have catalyzed the chaos regarding the Cincinnati Police chief. While the interim chief steadies the ship, will community leaders turn to a tried and true veteran to become police chief permanently? Or will a fresh face rise from within the ranks to restore calm and credibility? As speculation is swirling, keep it here for the latest on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Kyle, founder of blindster dot com.
Speaker 8: I started Blindster in twenty ten to make cap by Kelsey Chevrolet. On seven hundred WLW. Moeger for Lance McAllister, who is going to be back on Monday Night with Bengals Line, Bengals and Jets on Sunday one o'clock. So stoked think about this. So we do the pregame show pregame Sports Talk on Sundays from the Holy Grail before Bengals home game. If it's like a four o'clock game, or you know, we had the Thursday night game last week, so I was on with Lance and Rocky Boyman. That was a lot of fun. Then the home game before that was like a four to twenty five game. And so when that's the case, Ken Brew does his show in the morning from nine to noon, and then Tony Pike and I take over from noon to three. When it's a one o'clock game, you get Ken, Me and Tony. It's a blast. I have fun no matter what. But it's a blast on Sunday Mornings with Ken, Tony and Mo the Bengals. I just spoke myself in the third person. Bengals haven't had a one o'clock home game since Week two. So think of everything that has changed with the Cincinnati Bengals and to a degree our radio station, but mainly everything that has happened to the Cincinnati Bengals since the last Sunday morning that Ken Brew, Tony Pike and I had a chance to sit down and do a show when we were getting ready for the Bengals Jags game, which was Week two. We're at the Holy Grail. We were talking about Joe Burrow playing against Jack and the opportunity to get off to a two and zero start, which was certainly going to set the stage for a great season. We know what has happened since Joe Flacco is going to play his third game for Cincinnati against god knows who a quarterback for the New York Jets. Big story this week, and really I think the big story last week that didn't involve Joe Flacco was what the Bengals are doing on defense, reducing the playing time for Logan Wilson and giving Barrett Carter, who they drafted out of Clemson this year, a chance to play every single snap. We all like Logan Wilson. Logan Wilson has requested a trade. My guess is Logan Wilson doesn't get traded, and I am also when Zach Taylor talked about this a little bit this week. You can request a trade like there's a lot of things you can request from your boss. You're still expected to show up, be professional, be a good teammate, get your work done, do what you need to do. And my expectation, I think our expectation for Logan Wilson is the same as the teams. He's certainly not happy with not playing as much. You cannot blame him. You can't blame him for requesting a trade. There's a lot of things I can request. I've requested a snow cone machine in our studio for the last seven years.
Speaker 2: I can request it.
Speaker 8: Doesn't mean I'm gonna get it, And so Logan Wilson can request a trade. I think what we've come to expect from Logan is that on Sunday he's not going to be thinking about the trade request when he is on the field. And by the way, he was on the field for forty six percent of the defensive snaps in the Pittsburgh game. When he is on the field, when he is getting ready to play on Sunday, that his job has his full and undivided attention, that's what we all expect. I don't think there should be any problem with this. The NFL is a league that's really all about two things. It's all about superstars and cheap labor. Bengals have superstars. Joe Burrow may hurt him. Jamar Chase reigning AFC Offensive Player of the Week, just spectacular against Pittsburgh eight days ago, Te Higgins, Trey Hendrickson. Those are stars, and you're seeing more and more stars are getting more and more guaranteed money. Right, you've seen that. What has become a common part of the way we talk about this league is the verbiage highest paid non quarterback in the NFL, which Jamar Chase was for about five minutes. So you have all this money going to stars, which puts a premium on cheap labor, the cheap labor in the NFL or draft picks, and the middle class player is to a degree kind of getting squeezed out. So all right, you're paying your stars, and then you need your cheap labor to produce, need your cheap labor to help, You need those guys to help Earlier than ever. We talked about this draft class this year for the Bengals making an immediate impact, making an instant impact, Right, that wasn't just Shamar Stewart. Shamar Stewart has yet to make much of an impact. Injuries are a major reason why. Hopefully he's on the field on Sunday better than he did against Pittsburgh when you could barely notice him. We talked about this draft class needing to make an immediate impact. The greater likelihood of that happening occurs when all the draft picks play. Now. You obviously don't want to run guys out there just to run them out there. You want to make them earn their playing time. You want to make them, you know, have a chance to actually succeed when he put them out there. But like, I don't know, I've watched the Bengals defense with Logan Wilson, and we all like Logan Wilson. Right. He was a big part of the twenty twenty one team. He's been a big part of whatever success the Bengals have had since they drafted him out of Wyoming. But the Bengals defense is stunk for a while. Logan Wilson's been on that defense for a while. Logan Wilson might not necessarily be a bad player, but he certainly hasn't played to the level that is helping this defense pull itself out of what has been a multi year funk. So you can't blame a defensive coordinator for looking for solutions. They believe Barrett Carter is a solution. They drafted him to be a solution. They looked at this draft class and understandably so is one where they need to get an immediate impact. So then what's the problem with playing Barrett Carter. Now, we talked about this on that show at the Grail last week with Rocky Boyman and Lance, and we had a good discussion about, well, you're playing against Aaron Rodgers with two rookie linebackers. Unfortunately, in a league that's all about cheap labor, and when you're a team that sits out free agency the way the Bengals did this offseason, it puts a heavier emphasis on draft picks. And when you emphasize draft picks, you are willing to deal with whatever mistakes they make. I think it's totally within reason to say to Barrett Carter, gain experience, make the mistakes, make the corrections, and by the second half of the season then we'll come to payoff. And like maybe Al Golden looks at it this way, maybe Zach Taylor does too. I don't know about you, but I'm kind of willing to put up with whatever growing pains there are in the context of a defense that needs more than just a different linebacker in order to be completely fixed. I'm kind of okay with putting up with the growing pains that come from gaining experience, the growing pains that come with giving a guy who just got drafted a chance to play every single snap. If I believe there's going to be a payoff a little bit later on, and so I think this is the hope, And this may not be what happens, but I think this is the hope. You take Barrett Carter and Demetrius Night, and obviously the Bengals are playing other rookies as well. Jalen Rivers got a chance to start against Pittsburgh and played okay, And you know, Dylan Fairchild obviously started the first game of the season. If playing these guys in October means that by the time we get to December, or maybe by the time that Joe Flacco turns into a pumpkin, or maybe by the time that Joe Burrow comes back, this defense can perform better and actually win games for them, I'm willing to put up with those short term mistakes now in real time.
Speaker 2: That's frustrating.
Speaker 8: In real time, watching Barrett Carter maybe not be in the right spot, frustrating, Watching Demetrius Knight misatackle frustrating.
Speaker 2: But you drafted those guys.
Speaker 8: You drafted those guys to play those guys, and you drafted those guys to play those guys asap understanding there were gonna be rookie mistakes. The inability to build a better defense around those guys, to me, doesn't mean you still don't give those guys a chance, especially if in Barrett Carter's case, he's replacing a guy who wasn't making a ton of plays. So this, to me becomes the story. I don't know about you. They're playing younger dudes, they're playing two rookie linebackers, and again, Logan Wilson still plays a lot, But they're going sink or swim with Demetrius Knight and Barrett Carter right now. And you understand that there's a downside that comes with that. Does the upside come later on this season? And when the upside does come later on this season, is that going to be enough to help make a difference We'll see six point thirty on seven hundred WLWR. Phone lines are open five to one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the Big One. You could also send me a tweet on Twitter, because I still call it Twitter at Moweger. My Twitter feed comes your way thanks to Delta Dental. Delta Dental is building healthy, smart, vibrant communities for all good at Delta Dental, oah dot com. Robert Wintraup is one of my favorite people to talk about the Bengals with. He writes a weekly Bengals column for Cincinnati Magazine. He is my guest after the six thirty news, which is happening right now. It's RNL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey chevroleon seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW SIN Senate almost hopeless.
Speaker 7: The notion of an end to the government's shutdown anytime soon.
Speaker 2: This is a six thirty report. I'm matt ree s breaking now.
Speaker 7: Day twenty five of the government shutdown comes tomorrow. A vote on a funding bill continues to flop in the Senate.
Speaker 4: Rinse and repeat.
Speaker 12: Government funding legislation goes to the Senate for the same bill that passed out of the House, and it gets three Senate Democrats to vote for, but nowhere near the needed number of Senate Democrats to get it over the goal line, and it fails. That has happened now twelve more times, and we expect that to start happening when the Senate returns here to Washington early.
Speaker 2: Next week as well.
Speaker 12: There's no deal insight, there are no negotiations happening, and there aren't really any signs of negotiations that might even start.
Speaker 7: ABC's j O'Brien. A half million federal workers missed a paycheck today. Air traffic controllers. They'll start to miss them next week, and the next round of payroll for US service members is Halloween. No plan how to cover those paychecks. Let's get to the roads on this Friday night, the weekend is here latest traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 9: The UC Health Traffic Center. Mammogram Safe Lives called five one three five eight four Pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health Sex per Team five one three five eight four pink. On seventy five. We're sawing. As you make your way southbound, buy up to the Brent Spence perch by a seven minute trip to seventy five. Traffic at the Carrol Cropper Bridge westbound slows back to the Petersburg exit. I'm going roadwork here and then southbound traffic is a little sluggish back to US fifty. In Indiana, seventy five is sewing as you make your way northbound Norway lateral Toronald Reagan Cross County Highway northbound seventy five turf Way to the Brent Spence about a twenty minute trip. I'm Rick SREMP News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Now the Ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 10: Tonight, increasing clouds, a seven AM temperature at thirty eight, and we may see some frost. As for our Saturday, mostly cloudy, a high of fifty seven at night. It stays that way in a low of forty three. Sunday, an early chance of a shower, and you guessed it, mostly cloudy, a high at fifty eight. From your Severe Weather Station AM nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLWY.
Speaker 7: Have fifty five degrees right now. Cincinnati game day forecasts built by American Home Tech storm ready roofs built to last. Americanhome Tech dot Com Bengals game Jets and Bengals at pay Course Stadium on Sunday again a slight chance of rain, mostly cloudy with a high fifty nine. Tropical Storm Melissa here's the update, expected to grow stronger into a major hurricane this weekend as it slams parts of the Caribbean National Hurricane Centers. As a storm could bring catastrophic flash flooding and landslides to Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic. At least three people have died in Haiti already because of the storm of Melissa's forecast to become a hurricane tomorrow hit category three status by Sunday. Sharonville the site of a sobriety checkpoint tonight. It's going to be at Lebanon Road near two seventy five. Starts at eight thirty, runs until ten thirty. They'll be looking for people who are intoxicated behind the wheel. Local teacher off the job over an accusation of improper behavior.
Speaker 13: A Little Miami middle school teacher is on leave as an investigation begins in the allegations of touching two female students with a yard stick. Surveillance footage shows the teacher approach one of the two females kneeling down at a locker, with the teacher using the ruler in question to tap the books on her lap before making her way to the second student, allegedly striking her on her lower backside. Despite the school investigating, Hamilton Township Police will no longer investigate. There is no crime nor criminal charges filed. I'mley Mawen News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: President Trump cutting off trade talks with Canada. Trump angry over an ad campaign that features former President Reagan. One of the people targeted by President Trump for a parent payback as a New York Attorney General Letitia James, and she today pleaded not guilty to mortgage fraud charges. James says the charges are baseless and says President Trump only has a goal of retribution. She's going to go to trial in late January. Record highs on Wall Street today after encouraging news about inflation and the expectation of the Fed may be cutting interest rates even more this year. The dowly s and P five hundred, Nasdaq all setting records. Dow up four seventy two to forty seven thousand and two oh seven s and P five hundred and fifty three nasdag up two sixty three six point thirty six, Next News at seven matt Reeese NewsRadio seven hundred WYLW.
Speaker 14: Studying pre law at Miami University College of Arts and Science gives you a world class education with an incredible return on investment, where ninety four percent of our law school applicants get accepted. With so many opportunities to discover, visit miamioh dot edu.
Speaker 4: Lucy here, get to Miami Valley Gaming. October twenty five.
Speaker 15: It's Skyline time, merely the microphone twenty three from US seven o'clock.
Speaker 8: Sorry about that. This is RNL Carrier Sports Talk. We're presented by Kelsey's Chevrolet on seven hundred wl W. Moeger Good college football guest coming up at seven twenty U see looking for a seventh consecutive victory. The Bearcats hosting Baylor tomorrow, a game you'll hear on seven hundred WLW at three pm. Three pm, I said, and kickoff from Nippert Stadium, sold out Nippert Stadium at four o'clock. I'm Moweger. My show is normally on ESPN fifteen thirty from three to six in the afternoon. Lances aug tonight. He's back on Monday for Bengals Line. Robert Wintrop is one of my regular guests. He joins me usually every Thursday, but I took Thursday off, but I'm working tonight and I thought, you know what, I'm still gonna get Robert on the show. He writes a weekly Bengals column for Cincinnati Magazine dot com. He also writes for FTN Fantasy. He contributes to their preseason almanac and writes about the Bengals every single year. And he's absolutely awesome. It's awesome to have you on a different day in different radio station. Let's start with this. It's it's twenty twenty five, and who knows who the Jets are going to play a quarterback, But we are dealing with the possibility that on Sunday we are going to watch a football game in twenty twenty five involving Joe Flacco and Tyrod Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Man, even appearing on a Friday might not be able to make up for that.
Speaker 17: I mean, how to a Gravens fans and thinking about that particular matchet. Yeah, it's it should be interesting.
Speaker 16: I mean, now that Joe Flacco is the is the hero by the banks of the Ohio, it's taken on a slightly different turn than we probably expected if we had heard that a couple of weeks ago when they first made the trade for him.
Speaker 17: And let's face it, I mean, it's.
Speaker 16: Given the team hope. He's given all of us fans something to look forward to. Instead of dreading a Bengals Jets encounter in mid October, we're actually fired up.
Speaker 17: It's the ring of on our weekend. I mean, you know, it's it's amazing how the season has turned yet again.
Speaker 16: Yeah, from incredible hope to incredible despair and then right back you know, on the on the royal coach to arrive upward again.
Speaker 17: So thank goodness for Joe Flacco. Never thought I'd say those words, but here we are.
Speaker 8: Here we are now. When the Bengals were getting set to play the Browns in the first game, which was going to be Burrow versus Flacco, I did not imagine I would be asking this question at any point, not just this season, at any point ever. But now I've got to ask it. What can Joe Burrow learn from watching Joe Flacco.
Speaker 17: It's very true, That's what I mean. Two months later and here we are.
Speaker 16: It's a crazy world. Well, there's a few things.
Speaker 17: I mean.
Speaker 16: Certainly when you saw those shots at Burrow watching from the bench looking pretty dejected on Thursday night against the Steelers, you had to be thinking about what was crossing Burrow's mind, Maybe his football mortality. You know, he's talked about how he's been the league for six seasons and he can't believe it's gone so fast. But you know, we don't think about it all that often, but we kind of assume in the back of our minds, Joe Burrow will still beat the Bengals quarterback at age thirty five plus, right, And you know, the only way that seems sustainable right now, after what's happened to him over the first part of his career is to maybe play a little bit more like Joe Flacco and to be you know, a little bit more self preservation in the pocket and a little bit quicker, to you know, get out of plays when they aren't ready for a superman ending and just move on to the next one.
Speaker 17: And perhaps even you know.
Speaker 16: Take a little bit of that Flacco humility and kind of I don't want to say gratefulness maybe is the right word, and and put that into his personality. We love Joe Burrow for his cockiness, confidence, you know, kind of mystique that he has.
Speaker 17: But you know, maybe he's thinking to himself, that's.
Speaker 16: A young man's thing, and being around Joe Flacco, who's just you know, has a smile on his face ever since he got the Cincinnati and you can see how just how amazing amazed he is to still be playing and playing.
Speaker 17: At such a high level at this age is a good thing. And you know it's not because he has.
Speaker 16: The the Tom Brady avocado ice cream diet or the Aaron Rodgers megl omania keeping him going at this point. You know, he's just kind of of even sustained himself by playing smart and doing.
Speaker 17: What he knows he can do and nothing more. And I think, you know, Burrow can probably hopefully take.
Speaker 16: A little bit from that. And you know, he's never really had a mentor in the room with him all this time. He stepped in and was the guy from day one, and you know, maybe there's a good opportunity for him even if been only last.
Speaker 17: A couple of months. To have an old hand like Joe Flacker around to learn from and learn about things, not just about playing quarterback, but about, you know, kind of being a professional football player overall. Be interesting to see if he takes any lessons from it, for sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree. It helps to have Jamar, Chase and t Higgins to throw to. It also helps when your team can run the ball. And to me, you know that for most of us at least was the outlier against Pittsburgh. The running game, which have been dormant, non existent, made us wonder should they even try to run the football? It made an appearance and made an appearance in a big way. Is that going to prove to be a one offer or that? Can that prove to be something sustainable?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it was so strange to see, you know, Chase Brown being from behind. I didn't you know, I don't know if he even recognized the feeling. It was so nice and long last you could just see all the players after the lineman and brought himself just kind of like screaming with relief after they finally got some decent plays.
Speaker 17: On the ground.
Speaker 16: It'll be tricky against the Jets, because the Jets have a really good run defense. That's about the only thing they do well right now, a third in the league in DBA against the run. And you know, the Panthers want a heater on the ground. And they didn't shut him down entirely, but they they held him under four yards of carry.
Speaker 17: Last week, and I think they'll look at it the same way.
Speaker 16: It's you know, we're playing without Sauce Gardner and we haven't had much success stopping teams passing the ball, and you know, we don't want the Bengals to be able to have a balance attack on So let's see if Joe Flacco can keep it up and make him throw forty times and you know, maybe he makes a mistake and reverts back to the old Joe Flacco, or that Joe Flacco hasn't been as effective as we've seen him in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 17: I think going forward, just the mere fact that they can run. They ran the ball twenty three times last week.
Speaker 16: It's it's the keeping to it and that's what having Flacco in the game, you know, it as good as he's.
Speaker 17: Been in the passing when full called him on the pass. You know, it's you get a balance.
Speaker 6: Out of him.
Speaker 16: You don't want to expose him as much as you would Joe Burrow. You don't want a default to the passing game quite as often as you were attempted to with Burrow because he's so great at it.
Speaker 17: And you know, just give.
Speaker 16: The lineman a little bit of rhythm. They're still playing with the young rookie guards and with you know, they barely have had the same five guys play all.
Speaker 17: You know, every snap for more than one week in a row.
Speaker 16: Give them a little rhythm, give them a little chance to establish a you know, kind of straight ahead style and not be backtracking constantly in pass protection.
Speaker 17: And maybe they give you a couple of games like this.
Speaker 16: I'm not saying they're going to all of a sudden turn into you know, Nicky woodch James Brooks style team where he can run.
Speaker 17: For three hundred yards week in and week out, but you know, you like to think they could at least sustain some relative.
Speaker 16: Success on the ground out, just make things much easier for Flata on the offense.
Speaker 8: Robert Win Trump is with this catches weekly Bengals column Cincinnati Magazine dot com. Is there a Joe Flacco for the Bengals defense. Who is it and is that player currently on the roster?
Speaker 16: You mean, like an old guy who likes to eat by himself in the restaurant reveling and this you found Freedom's exactly like that.
Speaker 17: Yeah. I mean there's guys out.
Speaker 16: There who are still you know, sitting on their couch show to speak, that might provide a little bit of help. Guys that we talked about at the safety even before the season, during the offseason. Justin Simmons is still unsigned. Marcus Williams who played for the Ravens uh and was released and is still out there. You know, guys like that. You might even you know, kick the tires on a guy like a Sante Samuel see if he's healthy. Christian Wilkins, who was really the name that always I think.
Speaker 17: About as a guy who if he's available to play.
Speaker 16: You know, he has a lawsuit going against the Raiders, I guess in the NFLPA, but you.
Speaker 17: Know, I know it ended badly there. But this is still a really talented guy who signed a humongous contract to go play in Las Vegas, and she's.
Speaker 16: Just kind of out there and available or knows the Bengals could use some interior defensive line help. I don't know if there's anybody who could be as transformative, whether he's on the team right now or not on the defense as Flacula has been just by the nature of the position. Obviously, get a quarterback who can control the game and everything looks so much different. It's not quite the same thing on defense, but you know, they obviously could use.
Speaker 17: Some extra players back there. What they have right now is not working.
Speaker 16: Particularly, they're the worst team, worst defense in the league by DVOA, so you know, even just bodies, and they haven't really been beat up yet. You know, that's what really scares me is if some of the front line players go down, obviously Trey Hendrickson notwithstanding, you know, they haven't really had the things that they've seen in the years past where an entire position group gets wiped out and you start to go with practice squad guys. So they couldn't hurt at least in these next couple of weeks before the trade in line to sniff around another squads, and also, you know, think about some of these other free agents who at least could bring some betteran savvy and know how that we talk about with Flaco to the defensive side of the ball and get some of these kids, you know, yeah, a little bit sorted out and not running around and being at a position quite so much like we saw say from Gino Stone.
Speaker 17: Oh last minutes of the game against the Steelers. I know we don't want to think about it, but I can't get that play out of my mind every time I close my eyes. What are you doing? Man?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've asked that about Genostone often during his year and a half with the With the Bengals, you talk about the kids, so like all of these draft picks are playing, which right we talked about in April. They need instant impact from their draft choices. They're trying to get it. You know, Shamar Stewart was physically on the field against Pittsburgh, didn't do much of anything. They've obviously given extensive playing times Dylan Fairchild and Demetrius Knight. Barrett Carter has obviously seen a huge uptick in his snap count. He's gotten all of them. The last couple of weeks, we saw Jalen Rivers and so I guess what I'm wondering is can can the growing pains that some of these guys are going through. Can that Can that pay dividends in November and December?
Speaker 16: I mean, boy, you'd like to think so. I mean, just from a sheer like mental where am I supposed to be? How do I take care of my body to get through from week to week? Where do I you know, who do I lean on in the huddle to figure.
Speaker 17: Out which which switch I'm supposed to make? In communications wise? All those things obviously require playing reps, and that's good that you want the young players to get that as much as possible. Then, on the other hand, there's.
Speaker 16: The dreaded rookie wall that we hear about so much, and the fact that a lot of these young players tend to fall off come the winter months because they're just now used to the grind of a long, long NFL season. I remember what lou An Rumo said about DJ Turner once was that.
Speaker 6: He didn't hit the rookie wall.
Speaker 17: The rookie wall hit him.
Speaker 16: And that was just an extreme example, but that happens all around the league. You rarely see rookie players have you know, a continue Game one, the game seventeen impact because of the sheer just mental and physical exhaustion and grind the weak tends to extol. So yes, in terms of that, I mean, I think, you know, if they can stay healthy and they can stay mentally and physically engaged, it should have a payoff.
Speaker 17: And they should be.
Speaker 16: Able to get more used to what they are expected to do, and they'll be more more used to playing with one another, and that can only help.
Speaker 17: But you know, inevitably.
Speaker 16: Injury set in, and you know, young players don't tend to be able to be consistent, and that's part of the issue. So and we've seen it already, it's hard to see it really improving over the course of a season.
Speaker 17: Maybe nominally, but you know, it's hard to see there's gonna be a real payoff for all of a sudden. Shamar Stewart is a is an All Pro level player by December.
Speaker 16: I'm not sure we're going to see that necessarily. But you know, as long as they can stay in the field and be healthy, all these reps can only help them.
Speaker 8: Going, no question and well said Robert Wintrop Bengals column. Read it now, Cincinnati Magazine dot Com, read it every week, and listen to him every week with me on the other station down the hall on Thursdays at four twenty on ESPN fifteen thirty. I understand you're gonna be in Cincinnati this weekends to travel safe and enjoy hopefully both Bearcats and Bengals victories.
Speaker 17: Thank you. I look forward to that myself, and no matter the day or the radio station mode, it's always a pleasure to be out with you.
Speaker 8: Awesome to have you. Robert Wintrop read his Bengals column right now, go there, Cincinnati Magazine dot read all the Bengals columns, he writes Cincinnati Magazine dot Com. Ten minutes away from the seven o'clock news, can we spend like five minutes on the single most fascinating story, not just in sports, but in all of news. We can, because it's my show, or at least tonight it is. So we'll do it next on seven hundred WLW with.
Speaker 1: Dve Lapham's encrimement into the Ring of Honor, we pay tribute to the life of lap presented by Skyline Feeling Good against Skyline Time.
Speaker 2: Now Here's Dan.
Speaker 18: And d Lap.
Speaker 19: You not only played all five offensive line positions during your career, you did it in the same game twice that's mind boggling to me.
Speaker 4: How did you know every assignment?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was interesting.
Speaker 20: I prided myself on, even in high school and college, kind of understanding exactly what everybody was doing on the field instead of just tunnel vision on my particular play. So knowing what's going on around you, knowing what from an environmental standpoint, you know what is happening around you, and not having that tunnel vision like I just spoke of, and understanding what all of your teammates are doing and why they're doing and how they're doing it, and that allowed me to play any place.
Speaker 1: For more on the life of lap keep it here on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals.
Speaker 21: Coverage, Genesis Diamond celebrates ten years in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Used to be a new business in town. Now we are at local institution.
Speaker 4: Genesis Vice president David Cooper. The m W two three to three BG Cincinnati seven.
Speaker 8: O'clock News is three and a half minutes away on seven hundred wl W. Al Moeger in for Lance McAllister. This is RNL Carrier Sports Talk. Seven hundred WLWW are presented by Kelsey Chevrolet. Game one of the World Series is tonight in Toronto, and I feel like outside of Southern California, all of America is rooting for a team from Canada, which is fine. David Bell works for the Blue Jays, which is kind of cool. He's got a chance to get a World Series ring.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 8: Like David Bell. Not unhappy that he's not the manager anymore, but I like David Bell. I'm rooting for a good series. I'm not rooting against the Dodgers, and I think I'm in the minority. We are going to get to that coming up at seven oh five. Lots more on the Bengals in a bit, and Danny Canell's going to talk some college football with us coming up at seven twenty as we get set for UC and Baylor and other area school tomorrow. I got like two and a half minutes here, I'll be honest with you. Logan Wilson asking for a trade is interesting in the Bengals and Jets, It's an interesting game. Joe Flacco's interesting. The Bengals are an interesting team right now. Hey not right now in sports happening, that's as interesting as the NBA betting scandal. And you know you've you've you've got players who are sharing inside information on injuries and taking themselves out of games. And if you you know, many are going to blame the fact that gambling is legal now, and that's the problem. That's the issue. The If you want to get rid of gambling scandals inside a sports league, what you do is you get rid of the draft, because if you get rid of the draft, you get rid of tanking at issue here with a lot of these teams that were involved in the games in question, we're talking about teams who are already out of playoff contention, who are doing nothing more than playing for the reward of the best possible draft pick or the best possible pass in the NBA's draft lottery. Get rid of the draft, you get rid of tanking. I promise you, you get rid of a lot of gambling improprieties. The bigger one, though, for me, is the one involving Portland Trailblazers head coach Chauncey Billips, where he was involved in a scheme backed and executed by the mafia, and like not the Mafia in like I don't know, Toledo, like the Five Families, the real Mafia New York. The coach of the Blazers, who's a Hall of Fame player, Chauncey Billups was involved in a poker scheme that targeted victims who were lord to participate in poker games because they were given the chance to play alongside professional athletes like Chauncey Billups and Damon Jones who played for a long time in the NBA. And the FBI says the defendants utilized altered shuffling machines to read the cards in the deck, and then they relead that information to an off site operator, and they called the off site operator the quarterback, who would send that information to somebody at the table. And they had poker chip trays that read cards through hidden cameras, special contact lenses, glasses that could read mark cards, X ray poker tables that could read cards face down. The FBI says that the defendants robbed a victim at gunpoint to acquired a rig shuffling machine. And so at the center of all this is an NBA head coach who, by the way, was a terrific player. Again, he's in the Hall of Fame, Chauncey Billups, who it seems to me, among others, has the ultimate choice call it Chauncey's choice where he could either save his hide by ratting out the mafia, and we know what happens when one does that, or he can go to jail for a very long time. I have never been more intrigued by like a sports scandal than I am this one. I am a sucker for mob stories. I'm a sucker for mob movies, mob books, and I love basketball.
Speaker 2: This combines two of my loves.
Speaker 8: The depths to which this may go, I don't know if it's gonna bring down an entire league. I think that's overly dramatic. It's not good for a league. It's just starting at season. It really ain't good for the guy or guys who are gonna have a choice between ratting out the mob going to jail for a very long time. You shouldn't root against the Dodgers for a simple reason that coming up after the seven o'clock news on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage news Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: News, Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: President Trump ramping up the pressure on Venezuela. This is the seven o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeese breaking now the White House ordering the Ford Carrier Strike Group and its aircraft to waters off Central and South America. President Trump threatening a direct attack on Venezuela. So far, the US military has struck ten alleged drug vessels in that region, eight near Venezuela.
Speaker 22: This has a significant amount of fire power to this region. We already have eight ships in the region plus a submarine. We are told that that is going to be up to about thirteen ships at least in the region, going from ten thousand troops to fifteen thousand troops.
Speaker 7: That ABCS and Flariday. Let's check the roads now for we're on this Friday night and the very latest traffic and weather together, and still have some continuing delays, especially getting into downtown Cincinnati from northern Kentucky. Slow traffic really from the river northbound seventy five all the way back to two seventy five, and very slow as it always is through the construction zone southbound seventy five at the Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. Those are really the biggest delays that we're seeing right now. I have some construction delays to seventy five is well in Boone County as you're heading toward Lawrence Burger gone two seventy five.
Speaker 23: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry, the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 4: We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com and.
Speaker 10: The Try State Weather Tonight, we're clouding up. We'll see a morning low of thirty eight degrees and maybe some frost on Saturday, early sun, then clouds in a high of fifty seven at night, mostly cloudy, a low down to forty three on Sunday and early chance of a shower. Otherwise mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 7: W fifty one degrees in Cincinnati. Game day forecast built by American Home Tech, storm ready roofs built to Lastamericanhome Tech dot com Slight chance of rain on Sunday for the Bengals and the Jets, Mostly cloudy in a high of fifty nine. This news brought to you by Postman Law thirty nine year old man whom police say jumped off the Purple people bridge and survived. Is suspected of stabbing a forty one year old woman on Homewood Place in Merrimont this morning. The victim is expected to recover. The man who jumped was rescued from the Ohio River and he is charged tonight with felonious assault and domestic violence. While on his route, a rumky driver found a body along Ohio Wins twenty five in Brown County earlier today. The Ohio State Highway patrel says the person found was twenty two year old Caleb Olbert of Russellville, and police believe he was struck by a vehicle which took off kid who goes to Williamstown Independent Schools in northern Kentucky removed from the campus earlier today for allegedly bringing a gun. There had to be a lockdown. Gun was found during a search, but not known which school in Williamstown the child attended, and not clear if there are any charges file. Cincinnati the target of some negative outdoor advertising. More from Brian Combs.
Speaker 24: It's hard to miss the twenty foot by twenty foot mobile billboard that's been driving the streets of downtown Cincinnati, especially in the area around city Hall pictures the Mayor of Cincinnati as a puppet master, accusing f tab Pure of all of putting politics over safety since i Police Officers Union paid for the mobile billboard, alleging the mayors behind the efforts to remove the police chief. They say he wants to make her the scapegoat for his failed policies. The FOB Queen City Lodge has endorsed Purerval's opponent in the upcoming race for mayor. The mayor denies he was behind the decision spend. The chief says it was not politically motivated, but he does add he supports the city manager's move. I'm Brian Comebs News Radio seven ever WLUB.
Speaker 7: Home Coming weekend for number twenty one in the nation University of Cincinnati Bearcats. Tonight, our own Tony Pike, former quarterback, will be inducted into the Bearcats Hall of Fame, and there is a homecoming parade tomorrow at noon. World Series Game one tonight Dodgers at Toronto Toe first pitch coming up an hour from now. Record highs on Wall Street today Dow gain four seventy two to forty seven and two seven s and p five hundred and fifty three NASDAC UP two hundred and sixty three.
Speaker 2: It's seven oh six.
Speaker 7: Our next news at seven thirty Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred WWW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Staples.
Speaker 5: Your local Staples has hot deals and super low prices throughout this store.
Speaker 4: And the following takes place between seven pm and eight.
Speaker 8: Pm bus right nine after seven. This is RNL Carrier Sports Talk, seven hundred WLW. My name is Meeger. I'm not Lance McAllister. He's off tonight. We know what Lance is doing, but he's not here. He's back on Monday for Bengals line, hopefully after a Bengals victory. On Sunday, Bengals and Jets Live at seven hundred WLWD pregame coverage from the Holy Grail Sunday morning at nine am. There is something that I wonder more than anything else about the Bengals, and we'll get to that coming up at seven thirty five. Plus, one of the biggest what ifs in all of sports has ties to the Tri State, and we'll talk some college football with a great guest, Danny Canell. Coming up in just about ten minutes. Game one of the World Series is tonight. It's in Toronto Dodgers and Blue Jays, and the month of October is awesome if you love a lot of different sports. This is some call it what the sports equinox, because in the month of October, you've obviously got the NFL, You've got college football, the NBA starts, the NHL is underway, there are college basketball exhibitions. By the way, you see plays Arkansas in about an hour, no radio coverage, so you can go watch it on the internet or something, and then the baseball playoffs happen.
Speaker 2: By the time we get to the World Series.
Speaker 8: I don't want to get into a discussion about ratings or anything like that, because at the end of the day, who among us cares it? Just this what used to be crown jewel events in all of sports gets so lost in the flood. And they've moved Game one to Friday so that games one and two don't run opposite college football in the NFL. Obviously college football is gonna happen tomorrow, but Game two is not gonna go on opposite the National Football League. I think from here baseball perspective, it's a pretty interesting series. The Dodgers pitching and as Reds fans We saw this first hand in Round one. The Dodgers starting pitchers starting pitching has been otherworldly. Bob Baschett is gonna come back for Toronto and play for the first time since September the sixth. That is a very good Toronto lineup. If you remember, in early September, the Blue Jays came here and there was a game where on a Wednesday night, the Reds hit jumped out to a five to nothing lead and the Blue Jays ended up winning that game by like four or five runs and hit five homers. That lineup just keeps coming. Vladimir Guerrero is one of the best two or three hitters in all of baseball. It's interesting. I know how this works, and I know how it works in a in a market where the baseball team is a small market team. The Dodgers spend and spend and spend and spend. By the way, for what it's worth, the Blue Jays have the fifth highest payroll in all of baseball. This isn't some mom and pop franch The Toronto Blue Jays spend. Hell, they came this close to signing show Heyo Tani and they would have spent even more to go get him. So it's the team with the biggest actually the second biggest payroll behind the Mets, and the fifth biggest payroll in the Toronto Blue Jays. If I asked one thousand people in Cincinnati, all right, you have to pick a team to cheer for in the World Series, my guess is nine hundred and ninety eight are going to say the Blue Jays, and most are going to say it's because they don't want the high spending, big market Dodgers to win. Now, you will find some who grew up in the seventies who will tell you, you know, the Reds and Dodgers had such a great rivalry back then, and then we'll tell you, like, I'm just not rooting for the Dodgers because of that younger fans. I'm forty eight. I consider myself a younger fan. Don't necessarily, for the most part, feel that way about LA. Here's my take. I don't understand rooting against teams who do everything they can to try to win, especially in a sport filled with owners who blatantly don't try to win. By the way, this is not even about the Reds. You want to root against the team, read about the owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates root against them. Now, you may hate baseball's economics, and there's a lot to not like about baseball's economics. There are clear advantages the teams like the Dodgers and Mets and Yankees have. By the way, it's been proven that having those advantages doesn't guarantee you anything. The two New York teams have combined to win one World Series this century. The Dodgers won a World Series in twenty twenty. It was their first since nineteen eighty eight. So you might spend a lot, it doesn't guarantee anything. It certainly doesn't. There's real there's no real sense of inevitability. But what I don't understand is the criticism of a team that has advantages that takes advantage of those advantages. The bigger issue would be, for me, if a big market team didn't spend by the way. The Chicago Cubs tried this, and maybe from a baseball perspective, did the right thing. But in the in the late twenty tens, after they won the World Series in twenty sixteen, despite making printing money hand over fist in Chicago, the Ricketts family, you know, basically pled poverty.
Speaker 2: We can't afford to keep our players.
Speaker 8: That is a thing in this sport, and it's such a thing in this sport that we just kind of nod along and accept it. If you could have root against the team, root against the team that doesn't try to win, the bigger story would be for me if the Dodgers didn't spend. So the rules say they can spend, they spend. If you were a Dodgers fan, wouldn't you want your team to take advantage of their financial advantages? Again, man, you think you might think baseball needs a salary cat, there's some validity to that. You might think baseball's economics are so out of whack that it would make sense for the sport to take a year off for them to kind of come up with a new way of structuring their economics. Maybe, but that's not the Dodgers' fault. It's not a big market team's fault. And look, I'm a fan of a Reds fan. I'm a fan of a small market team. But it's funny in college sports, you know, most of us root for a school, for big name schools, right, most of us route like I'm a UC fan from a football perspective, it's not Ohio State. In college sports, we love, we love financial inequity. We love it. Like if I said, if you're an Ohio State fan, and I'm not picking on OSU, I'll make it about Kentucky basketball. If you want Ohio State football can only spend the same amount of money on recruiting and facilities as Toledo or Miami or kent State, Buckeye fans would lose their minds. In college sports, we love the financial equity, especially in the era of paying players. By the way, we have all sorts of non traditional powers that are now competing. Indiana University as the second ranked team in college football right now. And I'm big on nil and revenue sharing because i want everybody to get paid. It's leveled the playing field in many ways. Hasn't it all ruined the sport. I think it's made the championship, the playoff more accessible to more fans, more teams. It's great. But in college sports, who have a lot of folks, they want the financial inequity. They don't love the fact that other schools can pay players. They want to hoard all the talent. They hate the transfer portal, which is why for decades you've had the same schools dominating in the college football playoff era when it was still just for teams, it was the same schools every single year. College football fans love that, and yet when it comes to baseball we hold it against the teams that have financial advantages that they use them. I'm rooting for a great World Series. I can't say that I'm rooting for the Dodgers' for six seven games. I'm running for a drama. I'm rooting for a series better than last years. Like there's a big part of me rooting for David Bell to get a World Series ring. Jeff Hoffman was here, Kevin Gosman was here, no real attachment to them. But still I just want a great series. Love great baseball. But I'm not going to root against the Dodgers because they try to win. And if that's what you're doing, Frankly, I don't understand. Sixteen minutes after seven o'clock five point three, seven four nine, seven thousand is our phone number. We could perhaps get to some phone calls a little bit later on. You see, is one of two teams in the Big twelve that doesn't have a conference loss. I think Tomorrow's game for Cincinnati is huge. Bearcats v. Baylor Stadium is going to be sold out. They've got a tough road tilt next week against Utah, some big games coming up later on in the season against TCU and BYU. You've got to win at home. This line has come down, by the way, from five and a half to three and a half. Danny Cannell joins my show All the Time to talk college football. We'll get his thoughts on the Bearcats and the Buckeyes and some Hoosiers and more when we come back. It's Rnel Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Listening to a man standing in the park isn't funny. Listening to a man standing in the park getting hit in the groin with a frisbee couch migroin is funny. Eddie and Rocky are also funny. So when you think of getting hit in the groin ouch migroin, think of Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 2: Eddie and Rocky. Monday afternoon at three seven hundred WLW at Duke Energy, We're making.
Speaker 8: All twenty one after seven o'clock. This is Rnel Carrier's Sports Talk on seven hundred wl W. We are presented tonight by Kelsey Chevrolet Mullaggar for Lance College Football Tomorrow. Cincinnati and Baylor Bearcats are are six and one. Danny Canell's with us thanks to a bet online. I got a bet online. I look right now, Danny, I see the Bearcats are plus seven hundred plus seven hundred to win the Big Twelve Conference.
Speaker 2: Talk me into it or out of it?
Speaker 25: Oh, man, I think it's pretty good value, right, I mean, I think people are still sleeping on the Bearcats.
Speaker 6: My man, Brandon Sorosby has been bawling.
Speaker 25: I don't think he's getting anywhere near the amount of attention that he should be getting.
Speaker 6: He has been awesome, and if.
Speaker 25: You take away, you know, one bad play against Nebraska, this team is really close to being undefeated. But Soorsby's got eighteen touchdowns in one interception, and he's got six rushing touchdowns. By my math, that's twenty four total touchdowns and one interception. Why isn't he getting any Heisman loved? And I get why because.
Speaker 6: You're not in the market, you know, or you're not a traditional blue blood.
Speaker 25: But I'm serious, he's playing quarterback as good as anybody in the country. They're playing some great football. And if the Big Twelve, I mean, we all we've been proven wrong all season long.
Speaker 6: We all thought, oh it's Texas Tech, head and shoulders above the field. Oh it's Texas Tech.
Speaker 25: Texas Tech goes and loses last week, I say, why not the Bearcats?
Speaker 6: So I am not trying to talk you out of that one.
Speaker 25: Of course, the Texas Tech game would be the only one that they would have to face in the Big Twelve championship. Don't have them the regular season. But we just saw Utah get beat by BYU. You can handle them BYU. You guys play at home, like, why not at the nip You could see it happening. Now you're thinking about I'm about to take a bet on the Bearcats here to win the Big Twelve.
Speaker 8: See there you go. You're speaking my language. By the way, two fifty to one to win the college football playoff. It's that's not something I thought I would be looking at. A long way to go, but it's been a fun season so far. We were talking about this yesterday. Ohio State gets talked about a lot in this part of the country. I'm not sure in recent years nationally there has been a less discussed number one team in the nation through this part of the season.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I would tend to agree. I think you saw this happen last year with Georgia. They were just everybody knew they'd be in the College Football Playoff and you're kind of like, yeah, we'll talk about them when it matters. But Georgia wasn't as dominant as Ohio State has been this year. I just was in Madison, Wisconsin, so I saw the buck guys in person. Of course, it was not a great game, completely lopsided, but that we haven't seen a lot of teams that are just handling their business every single week. We've seen a lot of teams overlook opponents, they underwhelm.
Speaker 6: Ohio State has not done that, and I think this team.
Speaker 25: I talked to Jeremiah Smith after the game and he said he thinks this team is better than last year's and it is really hard to argue against when you look at the totality of the roster. I think last year's run game was a little bit better and the offensive line was a little bit better, but outside of that, defense is putting up historic numbers. You know, they pitch another shutout last week, which was really impressive. My big concern for Ohio State, and this is similar to sort of some of those great teams that we've seen, you know, traditionally, it's do they get battle tested before they have to play against potentially Indiana and the Big Ten or if they have to play against Alabama and the College Football Playoff because they're so good, Like, it's just you wonder if that's gonna matter, because they won't have many opportunities to be in a fourth quarter game where you look up at the scoreboard it's.
Speaker 6: Like, oh crap, we got to get this thing going.
Speaker 25: They might not have to face that type of adversity, which is like rich people problems, right, Like it's a problem that everybody would love to have. But I cannot say enough about how impressed I was the Buckeyes, Julian saying is playing like a seasoned veteran. I love the way they've kind of they've taken you know, they kind of have slow played it.
Speaker 6: It's like a restaurant. They have a soft opening.
Speaker 25: I think that's what they did early in the season, and then now they're kind of just throwing everything at him, and he is flurshing. It has just been really, really impressive the Buckey's what they've been able to do.
Speaker 8: When you were in Madison, if I would have told you that at this time this week, Luke Fickle will still be employed, you would have said, what.
Speaker 25: I'm pretty astounded, especially considering the pulse. You know, you get a pretty good pulse.
Speaker 6: When you're on the ground.
Speaker 25: Even before the game, fans were like, yeah, we probably have to make a change, and then you know, at the airport after everyone's like, well, it's got to happen today, and then no, you get the statement of support from the athletic director. So I'm surprised, but I'm also surprised at how bad it's been. I thought Luke Fickle was an a higher you know when you grade the hires. I thought he was a great fit at Wisconsin. I do think they're starting to learn they have a lot of making up to do in the nil landscape, and their schedule has been.
Speaker 6: Brutal, and he's had horrible quarterback.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 25: So I know the athletic director said they're going to try to give him some more resources, give more money, but my goodness, I don't think it's gonna get I think it's gonna get worse before it gets better. And that's going to take a tremendous amount of fortitude for that athletic director to continue to back Luke Fickle the way they've lost the fan base.
Speaker 8: Danny Knell is with us thanks to bet Online again. Check out bet online dot ag for updated college Football, Playoff, Heisman and College Football Week nine lines. Stay in the Big ten with me. Last year, it felt like Indiana was a really neat story. This year, it feels like they're a powerhouse. Fernando Mendoza the odds on favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. Do you take the Hoosiers seriously as national championship contenders?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 25: And I would say why, like and maybe if they didn't do what they did to Oregon, you'd probably be waiting for them to prove.
Speaker 6: It one more time, like we need to see it.
Speaker 2: But they I thought of Oregon.
Speaker 25: I still think Oregon is a really good football team. That was a pretty convincing win. I mean, they won by ten, but I think the style of it, the way they were able to control both lines of scrimmage, that was really really impressive. Kirksey that he's a great football coach, and I still think it's very similar to what's going on at Vanderbilt. People need to erase everything you've known about Indiana for the last fifty years.
Speaker 6: There's a couple of reasons why.
Speaker 25: One, they've done a great job and they're going on their second season kind of putting a stampoint they did last year.
Speaker 6: But this is a new landscape of college football.
Speaker 25: Like you, you don't have just windows where you can win, where you get lucky with a good class or a good quarterback. They actually have resources, and they have the revenue share and they've got the portal. So I think Indiana is here to stay. And I do think Fernando Mendoza is pretty special. They still have a lot of players that were on last year's team that were holdovers from James Madison, which was a championship level player.
Speaker 6: So yes, I think Indiana is a team that could win the national championship.
Speaker 8: In college football, we've seen a lot of coaches get fired with large buyouts, most notably James Franklin, who's being paid nearly fifty million dollars to not work. Some view that as this is a sign that the sport is really, really healthy, And some view this as this is a sign that the sport is in trouble and it's not so the money going to the players.
Speaker 2: What's your take?
Speaker 25: No, all I know is I don't want to hear any athletic directors or school presidents complaining about finances, right Like, you've got to stop saying, oh, we're we're at a point of crisis. Well, if there is a crisis, it's on you guys, like you're the ones that are handing out these contracts with these ridiculous guarantees and ridiculous buyouts.
Speaker 6: And I don't think it changes. I think it's the sport is in a great spot. I mean it really is.
Speaker 25: The ratings are up, the players are making money, The expanded Playoff has brought a lot of hope to a lot of programs. So I think the sport is in a great spot. I mean, the coaches just have more pressure on them than ever before, in large part because of these salaries, because of the money that they're making. So I think until athletic directors start getting smarter and don't get raked over the coals by these agents with all the leverage that they have. You're just going to see these continue to escalate, and you're gonna see coaches make a lot of money, either to coach or to not coach.
Speaker 6: It's just a matter of what where.
Speaker 25: They're gonna be or on television, you know, talking about the sport. But either way, they're gonna make a lot a lot of money.
Speaker 8: All Right, one more, really quick. I ask you this every time look at that online. I don't want a favorite. Give me a dark horse. Give me a long shot with value, whether it's the National Championship or whether it's the Heisman Trophy.
Speaker 2: Give me one of those where I could get some value for my wager.
Speaker 25: Spend on how long you want to go? I would say the Miami Hurricanes, and I it was ugly right. They lost on the national stage was Friday night, kind of standalone game.
Speaker 6: I still thought they were National championship worthy before.
Speaker 25: And it's just you gotta really put a lot of trust in Carson Beck that he's not gonna have that type of game because he had four interceptions. The three of them were horrendous decisions, a couple of them were great plays. But I still think that team has an offensive and defensive line that are very special. I think Oregon I would put in that same category, but Oregon's only nine to one. If you want to go a little bit longer, fourteen to one. Like, I would not waste your money on Texas. Think arch Manning still has significant growth to go Texas Tech. I worry a little bit about their competition. Ole missus defense. I don't trust them. So I would say Miami at fourteen to one. And this is from a seminole, So you got to consider this like, this is me giving a lot of love to a program that I don't like.
Speaker 6: I'll say Miami's not bad value here at fourteen to one.
Speaker 8: Learn more bet online, dot ag get updated college Football Playoff, Heisman and college Football Week nine lines. Standy Canell kind enough to join us. Always awesome to have you. I hope we can do it before the season ends. Appreciate it, man, Thanks so much.
Speaker 6: Oh we will.
Speaker 25: We might be talking about Cincinnati and College Football Playoff cope season.
Speaker 8: Yes we will, and I might need a half hour with you if that happens, Danny.
Speaker 6: Thank you definitely. All right, Well let's see I look forward.
Speaker 8: To that, Danny Canel. It's time for the seven thirty news, We are late. This is seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: News Traffic and Weather News Radio WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Trump turning up the heat on Venezuela. Will there be an attack on their mainland? This is the seven thirty report. I'm matt Reee breaking Now America's largest aircraft carrier headed to the Caribbean. As American strikes on drug boats continue. Secretary of War ordering the USS Gerald R. Ford to the Caribbean to help quote dismantle transnational criminal organizations and counter narco terrorism in the defense of the homeland scums. As the US carried out an overnight strike on a suspected drug boat, it killed six people on board. President Trump has already threatened a direct attack on Venezuela in recent days, and our military has struck ten alleged drug vessels in the region, eight near Venezuela.
Speaker 22: The administration here says that they do not believe that the president in Venezuela is a legitimate president one declared himself a winner of a fraudulent election, and the driving force behind all of this is Secretary of State Marc Rubio, who has a lawn trek record of calling for that Venezuelan government to collapse and he wants a democratic government to take route.
Speaker 7: There's ABC's and flarerty Well reports this is an addition of a significant amount of firepower to the region and already eight ships there plus a submarine. She says it's going to be up to thirteen ships at least in the region, going from ten thousand troops to fifteen thousand American troops. All right, we have a lot of problems on the roads tonight, the latest traffic and weather together, and we begin on northbound seventy five at Northern Kentucky. Traffic is slow from the river all the way back to two seventy five. No recks there. But southbound seventy five through that construction zone at the Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway on the Ohio side, that is slow, and it is slow on west bound two seventy five and Coleraine Township coming up on twenty seven Coleraine Avenue. You're heading westbound, you'll be running into some construction delays. Otherwise looking pretty good. One more to add in there, northbound seventy one at the split with seventy five in Northern Kentucky and the Walton area.
Speaker 2: That is slow. Maybe an accident at that location.
Speaker 1: Now the lateies forecast from a train heating and cooling weather center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Tonight, increasing clouds, a seven am temperature a thirty eight and we may see some frost. As for our Saturday, mostly cloudy, a high of fifty seven at night.
Speaker 2: It stays that way in a low of forty three.
Speaker 10: Sunday, an early chance of a shower, and you guessed it, mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight from your severe weather station, a nine first warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 7: W l W, and again got that frost advisor in effect for tomorrow morning as a temperature could dip as low as thirty four degrees. We have forty nine right now in this game day forecast built by American Home Tech storm Ready roofs built to last americanhome Tech dot Com. Sunday again at pay Course Stadium, Bengals and Jets, slight chance of rain, otherwise mostly cloudy and fifty seven. There is a sobriety checkpoint. They're going to start in an hour from now in Sharonville on Levenon Road near two seventy five, starts at eight thirty, runs until ten thirty. The Hamilton County OVII Task Force on the scene. They'll be stopping cars and checking to see whether the drivers are intoxicated. Warning of flight delays disruptions only getting worse starting next week. Transportation Secretary says most air traffic controllers have been showing up for work despite knowing they're not going to be paid during the government shutdown, but Sean Duffy says he expects that's going to change Tuesday, the day the controllers were supposed to be getting a paycheck. Duffy expects far more disruptions starting on Tuesday. Former Alabama and Bengals quarterback A. J. Mccaren wants to be a lieutenant governor of Alabama, announcing he's going to run as a Republican in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Video posted on YouTube.
Speaker 13: Playing in the NFL reinforced importance of achieving goals bigger than ourselves.
Speaker 7: AJ McCarron, a native of Mobile, Alabama, says the state's conservative and cultural values have been under attack from every direction. First pitch of Game one of the World Series a half an hour from now in Toronto, the Dodgers and the Blue Jays. What a day on Wall Street record set across the board S and P five hundred the Dow Nasdaq. The Dow gained four seventy two to forty seven thousand, seven hundred and make that forty seven, two hundred and seven points seven thirty seven. Next News at eight Matt Reeves NewsRadio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Seven Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station. Make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free, new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Listen for all your music, radio and.
Speaker 3: Podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 2: Andy here for Loan Pronto. Are you trapped in a high rate mortgage? Hey, look stop right now at Loan Proce your name.
Speaker 8: I used to be on the Aaron Binghamton was Beef Talo Beef Talalle in the mornings. Thank you very much. A little bit later on, we're gonna preview FC Cincinnati's first round playoff series against the Columbus Crew that coming up at eight twenty. FC Cincinnati had a very good season. The Eastern Conference in Major League Soccer feels wide open. I don't know anybody who was excited about playing Columbus in round We don't want to play your rival in round one. We'll see, we'll see see if they can get there. Come up and so to speak for what happened in the Eastern Conference Final two years ago. That conversation coming up in just about forty minutes. Bengals and Jets on Sunday. Can the Joe Flacco magic continue? You know? I say this often on my show on ESPN fifteen thirty. By By the way, my name is Mollaggar. It's not Beef tallow In for Lance Lances back for Bengals line on Monday evening. Be interesting or be good? You gotta be one. From where I sit, you gotta be one. Be good or be interesting. Ideally be both? Right, Ideally your team is good and it's interesting, but it's got to be one of the other. It's got to be at least one of the other. Uh, the Joe Flacco thing interesting?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 8: Picking up the dude on Tuesday, playing a game on Sunday, By the way, that was the right decision in real time. It proved to be the right decision later on. For those who don't want to give Zach credit for anything. Zach Taylor credit for anything. They they took some heat now for like throwing him to the Wolves against against Green Bay. They did that so they could win the game against Pittsburgh. Good decision there, right decision there. Give the Bengals credit. The Joe Flacco story is interesting. It's been made more interesting by the fact that he helped beat the Pittsburgh Steelers and did so on a night where the defense did next to nothing in prime time eight days after joining the team. It has vaulted the Bengals back into the playoff hunt. I think it has opened the door for Cincinnati and Baltimore in the AFC North. Now it can close quickly. I think it closes that the Bengals loose to the Jets. I think it closes for Baltimore if they lose to Chicago this weekend. But it's interesting for as much as the season has evolved and there's been changes, we've gone from Burrow to Browning to Flacco, I still have the same question I had in April, May, June, July, and August. The question is when the offense dries up, when the quarterback isn't having a great day, When the offense came run the football when the other team's defense just has their number. Can the Bengals defense win a game now? To be fair? To be fair, the answer against Cleveland way back Week one, which feels like a lifetime ago, was yes against Joe Flacco. Now, it helped that the Browns kicker left four points on the field, but the defense answered the question in that week can they win a game for the Bengals Now? Cleveland's running back Quinn Shawn Judkins didn't play that game. He has been awesome since they've started using him beginning with Week two. But it's the question, right. I asked it all offseason because all off season you would hear, hey, look, the Bengals just need to be league average, right, Bengals just need a league average defense, and they're gonna be okay. And I get the basic premise, Hey, you've got Burrow and Chase and Higgins are gonna score a billion points. As long as the defense doesn't screw it up, as long as they're kind of middle of the pack, they're gonna be okay. My question was, fine, big picture, that might be the case anecdotally. Two things. One, what happens if there's a game where for the offense it's just not working. Number two, what happens when the defense has to get a stop in a game where the offense has put the team in a position to win. The Bengals are getting ready for their eighth game of the season. We're close to the midway point. I still wonder those things, like go back to last Thursday, Joe Flacco puts the team in a position to win Gino stone In the defense almost almost give up the game. Go back to the game against green Bay. The Bengals offense starts to click in the second half. On three different occasions, the defense took the field with the Bengals down by one possession, down one score, and in every instance they gave up points to the green Bay offense. The game against Detroit, say what you want about Jake Browning. They pulled within eleven points ten and a half minutes to go. It might not have been likely that they were going to come back and win the game, but ten and a half minutes is an eternity. Eleven points is not insurmountable. Get off the field and your team has at least a little bit more of a chance. Instead, Detroit went down the field and six plays never even got to a third down. And I could keep going. I could talk about the Denver game. I could talk about the Minnesota game. And so like, here's the question, and I don't know that I have the answer. I'll ask you at five point three seven four nine seven thousand. Let's say Sunday that Joe flacco magic runs out, and if it's not this Sunday, maybe it's against Chicago. Joe Flacco is is gonna play a lot more right. I mean, we're still talking like Burrow mid December, best case, we're not even to November yet. And those Burrow games, if he does come back for like the last three, only matter if they can win enough games to make them matter. So on Thursday, Joe Flacco plays very well and Jamar Chase's otherworldly, and T Higgins is good, and the offensive line was all right and they ran the ball effectively, which to me, that was the biggest offensive subplot to that entire game. What's gonna happen when that doesn't happen. What's gonna happen when Joe Flacco turns into a pumpkin. What's gonna happen when he turns into a forty year old backup quarterback, like he's the toast of the town right now, and he should be. And by the way, I've become a fan of Joe Flacco for life, and he's played forever in the NFL, He's played for two teams inside the AFC North, and yet I've never felt strongly about him either way. He's always just been there. I've respected him. It's had a very long career, made a ton of money, won a lot of games, Super Bowl, MVP, He's had a very good career. But I've never felt like strongly either way about him. Like if you're a Bengals fan like me, you loathe Ben Roethlisberger, how out Steelers stands low Ben Roethlisberger, But like Joe Flacco never elicited those sort of emotions. For me, I never felt strongly until I watched him here. And it was not just the fact that he's played well. It's how he's handled himself. That first Friday after he got traded here, you could tell he just he appreciated the absurdity and the humor of this situation that he's found himself in, learning his teammates, all that sort of stuff on the fly, and it's worked, and you know it's probably gonna work on Sunday because the Jets are terrible. But here we are in late October, we're still wondering the same thing that many of us were wondering back in August. When the defense has to get a stop, when the defense has to win you a game, can it And so far the answer has been no. And Al Golden, They've tried stuff right, They've benched Zach cam Taylor Britt, They've made him a healthy scratch. They've made a change at linebacker and let Barrett Carter play like. They've tried stuff, and there have been some decent things to happen on defense. DJ Turner has been unbelievable the last couple of games. But we're midway through the season, nearly midway through the season. I guess seven games in big, big sample size, and it's still an untrustworthy unit. It's still a unit that since losing the game on Sunday sounds far fetched, I'll make it about that Bears game, which is the one going into the bye. It's gonna be a big game. Bengals are at home. What if it is a situation like the one they had against Pittsburgh. They've taken the lead, they need to stop. It's thirty four to twenty two and a half to go. Can they get a stop? Now you might go, well, yeah, but it was Aaron Rodgers, Okay, but can they get a stop? Can they get a stop when they're down a score and need the ball back like they couldn't against Jordan Love and the Green Bay Packers. So like, I am all in on Flacco and I think Zach Taylor deserves a measure of credit for helping him get up to speed. And man, it's a fun story. And Jamar Chase was awesome and they've dumbed it down to a degree and it's like, dude, just throw the ball to Chase and Higgins, Like I get it.
Speaker 2: This is fun.
Speaker 8: And the Bengals at three and four, like if they're two and five, we're not talking about this. We're talking about who they trade, who they fire, what next year is going to look like. Some will say they should tank, but for the win on Thursday against the Steelers to genuinely vault this team into a position where it could remain in the playoff hunt, get a playoff spot, get to the postseason with Joe Burrow. Al Golden's unit's gonna have to do something that it hasn't been able to do, at least since Week one. Get off the field when needed, and that's win a game. And I'm not even talking necessarily about what happens if Joe Flacco just doesn't have it turns into a pumpkin. What happens if Joe Flacco's immobility puts him in harm's way and there's an injury, and now Browning's got to play and your offense is more limited. If the answer continues to be I don't know, or if the answer continues to be no, they can't get stops, this season goes nowhere, and we'll bring into sharper focus what Duke Tobin did and didn't do on that side of the football. Nine minutes away from eight o'clock at Mollegger on Twitter thanks to a Delta Dental, Delta Dental is building healthy, smart, vibrant communities for all good a Delta Dental age dot com News in nine minutes. This is RNL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrole on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: The Bengals are looking to install a new fly shone. The Jets touchdown in Cincinnati. Can the Orange and Black ground the Green and White? Or will New York take off with the win. One thing I do know, turbulence is guaranteed. I don't do well with turbulence. I may need a barf bag. Coverage begins Sunday at nine am, stream for free on the new and improved iHeartRadio app or on seven hundred WLW, home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 8: Tri State Chevrolet Buyers Together.
Speaker 4: Let's drop FMW two three three BG Cincinnati, A couple.
Speaker 8: Minutes away from the eight o'clock news on seven hundred WLW. This is Harnell carry Or Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet molegor for Lance McAllister Sterling coming up at nine pm. All the way till midnight, phone lines were open five one, three, seven, nine, seven thousand. By the way, good conversation with Danny Canelbe. He brought up Luke Fickle. Luke Fickle, I think, to the surprise of a lot of people, is still the coach on Wisconsin after his team was shut out back to back weeks. I'm not sure right now that there is a coach in college football who is who is as deeply disliked by his fan base as Luke Fickle is at Wisconsin, and it's it's a great what if? Right, Like I am a lifelong and diehard UC fan. I root for Luke Fickle. I root for, for the most part, all of the coaches who have come to UC and left U see, because I think most of them left it better than when they took it over. And you know, in particular Luke Fickle, like he was the coach when they were in the playoff man they had an undefeated season, Like, how could you root against that guy? And I think sometimes we focus so much on how it ends and not so much on the body of work. The body of work was incredible. So I root for him from afar, but I just wonder, Look, he's handsomely paid and when they fire him, he's gonna get a you know, years worth of buyout money, and so nobody is gonna feel sorry for him. But Scott Sadderfield at you See has things trending in the right direction. I don't think they're there quite yet, quite frankly, but he's got a football team that I don't think has a ton of weaknesses. I don't think they have any major glaring holes. They've got a good collection of talent, they're well coached, they're competing in the Big twelve. We'll see if they can avoid a second half meltdown like the one they saw last year. And I think they will because I just think they have more Big twelve caliber players and so we'll see. I just if you're Luke Fickle and you know, the Big ten that he joined at Wisconsin is not the Big ten that Wisconsin is playing now. The Big twelve that you see is in is not easy, but it's not the Big ten that Wisconsin is playing now. I just I wonder if deep down inside he's not asking himself, what if? What if he sees it through at you see? Is there for the leap to the Big twelve? Is here during the era of the college football playoff, where the championship tournament has never been more accessible. At a program where you can win, at a program where they have figured out some things. From an nil perspective, what would life be like instead of being in a job where it feels like you have no chance of winning big and where you are reviled by the fan base. I don't know, but by the way, I do think you see will avoid what happened last season. I'm not here to tell you they're gonna win the Big twelve. I'm not here to tell you that they're gonna win tomorrow. But you know, last year, I think the offense went into a shell in the second half of the season. They didn't have dudes on the outside. Now I think they have dudes on the outside. And while there are weaknesses and they've got to be better defensively, and they've got to get Dante Corleone on the field for a larger percentage of the snaps, I don't know that there are many glaring holes in that football team. And I certainly don't think that there's a game on the schedule between now and the end of the season that they cannot win. More on Logan Wilson, who's asked for a trade that plus will preview the first round series for FC Cincinnati coming up in the next half hour. Right now, though, time for the eight o'clock news on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: News, traffic and weather.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: President sending huge firepower to pressure Venezuela. This is the eight o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeves breaking now the USS Gerald R Ford heading to the Caribbean. It comes after an overnight strike by the US on an alleged drug boat that killed all six people on board. US has struck several suspected drug boats in the Caribbean as well as the Pacific Ocean strikes, drawing criticism from some Democratic lawmakers as well as presidents of Venezuela Lane Columbia. It's a dramatic escalation of what President Trump calls his war on drug cartels.
Speaker 27: The US has Ford Carriers strike group heading to the region. That carrier bristling was firepower including F eighteen fighter jets, missile launchers and attack submarines, adding some five thousand American forces to the ten thousand already.
Speaker 8: In the region.
Speaker 7: BBC's Martha Rabbits now we check the roads for you on this Friday night. We have the very latest traffic and weather together, and it has improved around almost the entire area where we said there were delays the last half hour. Still a little bit slow on westbound two seventy five at Coleraine Avenue. They have some construction delays there, but looking good for the most part. Across the rest of the tri State except four northbound seventy five at the seventy five seventy one split in Walton. There is a delay there, apparently a wreck involved. The rest of the tri State looking good now.
Speaker 23: The latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 10: In the Tri State weather Tonight, we're clouding up. We'll see a morning low of thirty eight degrees and maybe some frost. On Saturday, early sun, then clouds in a high of fifty seven at night, mostly cloudy, a low down to forty three on Sunday and early chance of a shower. Otherwise mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight from your Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLWR.
Speaker 7: Temperature right now forty five degrees. Game day forecasts built by American Home Tech storm ready roofs built to last. Americanhome Tech dot Com pay Course Stadium on Sunday the Bengals and the Jets. There is a slight chance of rain, but again mostly cloudy in a high of fifty seven. Speaking of weather, forecas as say Tropical Storm Melissa expected to intensify into a major hurricane this weekend, slamming parts of the Caribbean. Could bring catastrophic flash flooding and landslides to Jamaica, Haiti, and the Dominican industry. Wide shortage of semiconductors the reason the Honda plant in Marysville beginning to pull back on production. Honda not specific about the amount of reduction in the length of it. Honda says impacted employees have the option to continue working, use paid time off, or take time off without pay. Two Planned Parenthood affiliates challenging the Ohio Department of Medicaid from prohibiting their participation in the federal health insurance program. According to a news release, ODM sent letters to Planned Parenthood of Greater Cincinnati and Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region in late September informing them of the termination. The release says that the change would prevent over twenty seven thousand people from receiving affordable care across Ohio, and now both affiliates want an administrative hearing to challenge the state agency's decision. Day twenty five of the federal government shutdown comes tomorrow. Vote on a funding bill continues to flop in the Senate.
Speaker 6: Rints and repeat.
Speaker 12: Government funding legislation goes to the Senate for the same bill that passed out of the House, and it gets three Senate Democrats to vote for it, but nowhere near the needed number of Senate Democrats to get it over the goal line, and it fails. That has happened now twelve more times, and we expect that to start happening when the Senate returns here to Washington early next week as well. There's no deal insight, there are no negotiations happening, and there aren't really any signs of negotiations that might even start.
Speaker 7: On sabc'sjo'brien, half million federal workers missed the paycheck today air traffic controllers. They will start to miss those paychecks starting next week, and the next round of payroll for US service members is Halloween. There's no plan on how to cover those paychecks. Record highs on Wall Street today the Dow Game four seventy two to forty seven thousand and two oh seven s and P five hundred and fifty three Nasdaq Up two sixty three, First pitch game, Woman of the World Series starting right now in Toronto Dodgers in the Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: Eight oh six.
Speaker 7: Next news coming up at a thirty Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred double YLW.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by unbound dot org. Right now, there are young people across the world facing a tough choice. Continue their dream.
Speaker 4: Missus second of the greatest reality show on the planets.
Speaker 3: Sports play by play podcasts and local stations where you can join the conversation.
Speaker 2: With real people.
Speaker 4: How is he still our coach?
Speaker 25: Open the free iHeart app and search your favorite league and start listening.
Speaker 8: Course, Okay, it's time to start the eight o'clock out.
Speaker 4: The following takes place between eight pm.
Speaker 8: By the way, last Time twenty four TV. It's a nine at for eight. This is RNL Carrier Sports Talk on seven hundred WLW. I hope you're having an awesome Friday night. Thank you for making us a part of it. Hopefully the weekend is off to a great start. It is for Lance, I assume he is not here tonight. He's back for Bengals line on Monday. I'm Mowegar. My show's on ESPN fifteen thirty from three to six tonight. Though with the King of Centerville Alex Egan producing, I get a chance to fill in. Sterling is going to join us at nine o'clock. You know, by the way, I do not mean to come off and I don't come off as negative when it comes to the Bengals. Look, if they lose. If the Bengals lose to the Steelers and they're two and five, nobody cares about how they play against the Jets, and then nobody's talking about what they can do to keep the thing afloat make the postseason. But they did win, so the question becomes like, all right, what can they do better and what can they sustain By the way they ran the ball really well against Pittsburgh, is that an outlier? Does that proved to be something that was a on off or can they build upon that? Can they run it effectively? Moving forward the Joe Flacco thing, there's a part of you that wonders, like, Number one, why did this go so poorly? With Jake Browning? Number two. How bad would this have gotten had they stayed with him? So they didn't sit around and wait, they went They got a guy who was a quick study, a guy who knows how to throw the football to open guys like Jamar Chase and t Higgins. But you do wonder. You do wonder defensively, like when it's time for that unit to win a game, will they be able to? And there's a bunch of different ways to look at this. The only way it really gets better, though, is if these young guys end up paying dividends. Shamar Stewart. Shamar Stewart's obviously dealt with injury. Shamar Stewart had an eventful offseason, but when he got on the field during training camp, he was terrific. Wentn't very good against Pittsburgh. But Shamar Stewart's gonna have to make an impact this season. We said that the night they drafted him and Demetrius Knight and Barrett Carter, like it's gonna have to come from guys like that. It's gonna have to come from more guys who make the sudden leap that DJ Turner has made. A guy who at times has been in the Doghouse himself, and the last couple of weeks he's played like one of the best corners in the NFL. Like what Al Golden has decided to do with the backing of Zach Taylor and maybe the backing of the front office. Is gonna have to pay dividends at some point, and if it doesn't, then this team's defense will limit it. My take on the Bengals before the season, and I'm obviously not the only person who felt this way, was they're a team that can make the playoffs. I don't put him in the championship conversation because they have these two massive units that I do not trust. One is the offensive line, the other is the entire defense. Has the defense done anything through seven games to make you feel like it's trustworthy. I'm still watching Gino's Stone back there, and apparent like has the longest leash of all time. So these rookies are going to have to start paying dividends, and they're going to have to start doing it quickly. The only way that happens is for them to play.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: There's a whole other series of conversations about why Duke Tobin didn't do more to make the defense better. They literally didn't acquire another defensive back. They're the same at safety. They've run it back with a bunch of dbs, bunch of corners. But moving forward, if it ain't for the rookies, how does this unit get better and help them win games instead of getting in the way of winning games. More on that coming up here in just a bit. FC Cincinnati is the two seed in the Eastern Conference of the MLS Cup Playoffs. Dax McCarty's going to be calling the series The Orange and Blue and the Columbus Crew starting on Monday night. He's with Apple TV MLS Season Pass and he joins us next. It's RNL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey chevroleon seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: You can.
Speaker 28: There's no need to be scared of the stains in your carpet when you call Zero's carpet and air duct cleaning. Zero's cleans without the use of harsh soaps or spooky chemicals, leaving behind clean carpets safe for the entire family for a limited time. Three rooms are carpet cleaned only one twenty nine. When you mentioned me, Bill Cunningham easily scheduled cleaning online, I said easily schedule online as zero Sinsey dot com zero Sinsei dot com Zeroes. All they leave is clean zeroes, a smarter lasting clean zeroes.
Speaker 21: This Friday, the Cincinnati Cyclone Celebrate Peanuts Night see Snoopy in the Gang as the team rocks great pumpkin jerseys. Then bid to take one home plus It's five one three Friday with five dollar drafts, one dollar popcorn and three dollar burgners. Get tickets now at cyclones Hockey dot com. We're called five one, three, four to two one puck. Mike Mazel here from Legacy Financial.
Speaker 13: We want to say congratulations to Dave Lapham for being inducted in the Cincinnati Bengals Ring of Honor.
Speaker 4: Was an amazing fifty year career. Ten great ears on the feet.
Speaker 18: That was dumb and not follow my example.
Speaker 29: Listen to all episodes of Crime List Hillbilly Heist, available now exclusively on the iHeartRadio app. Open your free iHeartRadio app, search Crimeless Hillbilly hiestand listen now.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 8: Frying in beef tallow only it's steak and shake taste the difference. Have you ever fried in beef tallow? Oh?
Speaker 21: I have?
Speaker 8: It is eighteen minutes after eight o'clock. This is RNL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet on seven hundred wl W Mulwagger for Lance McAllister. You'll hear Lance on Monday for Bengals lines. Speaking of Monday, Game one, best of three MLS Cup first Round series, FC Cincinnati hosting the first game against Columbus six forty five at the Soccer Stadium on the West end of Cincinnati. You could watch it on Apple TV's MLS Season Pass. Dax McCarty, longtime MLS Stars, now a match analyst for MLS Season Pass. Awesome to have you. You've got the series one Monday. The Eastern Conference feels very wide open, much more wide open than last year, although the New York Red Bulls kind of came out of nowhere to represent the East this year. When you look at that half of the bracket, how many teams do you look at as legitimate threats to make.
Speaker 2: The final.
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 11: Legitimately, mo, I can make an argument for all eight teams on the Eastern side to make a run at MLS Cup. And I think that's what makes these playoffs so compelling, so interesting. Last year was crazy if you remember how how the playoffs went down last year. There were upsets everywhere in terms of quite frankly, the team that wasn't the clearly inferior team i e. My Atlanta United Team, i e. The New York Red Bulls and the Columbus versus the Columbus Crew. There were teams that just sprang upset left and right. If I go down the list of all the different matchup in the East, it's really hard for me to determine who a favorite is in any of these matchups. And that's what makes this year in MLS and specifically in the Eastern Conference so interesting, so chaotic, so drama filled, is that I legitimately see a world in which every one of these series can go to three games, and then in the third game it's anyone's It's anyone's game. So I tend to give the favoritism towards the home team and the teams that have home field advantaged off this first round. But as we saw last year, that didn't make a heck of a lot of difference with certain series. And so it's a totally new new season. As I'm sure all of you you and all your listeners know, you kind of have to throw out everything that happened in the regular season and just focus on the sprint that is the playoffs.
Speaker 8: FC Cincinnati, Chris Albright, the GM made a lot of moves during that lay transfer window, perhaps most notably bringing Brenner back. And you know what Chris said at the time was we are built to win. Now we're better built to win. How much did those acquisitions and moves better fortify them for a postseason run?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was the smart move and it was the right play from Chris Albright and Pat Noon and.
Speaker 6: Of that whole front office.
Speaker 11: Cincinnati is an extremely competitive team. I would say that they are in the upper echelon of best teams in MLS with the most consistency throughout the last three or four years. I believe it's actually the Columbus Crew and f C Cincinnati are the only two teams in MLS the last three years that have both hit fifty four points or above. And so they're in a club all on their own, and so you have to give credit that he's coaching staffs. You have to give credit to the front office for being able to constantly reload. I think it would have been really easy for Cincinnati to have a little bit of a down year after losing Lucho Acosta.
Speaker 8: But what do you do.
Speaker 11: You go out and you get one of the best players in Major League Soccer in Evander, and he repaid that faith instantly being one of the best players in the league's he's must CTV every time he's on the ball. But going out and getting a third scoring option, I think was key because for all the good things that Kai Kamara does, for all the good things that Dado Valenzuela do, for all the good things that Ya Yakubo has done when he's had to play in an attacking position, none of them is an out and out goal scorer. None of them are going to be able to get you ten twelve goals when you need them to. Kai Kamara has been excellent, but he hasn't scored. His hold up play, he opens up space for other players. It's all at a really high level, but Kai doesn't score at the same clip that he used to. Valezuela is more of a creative midfielder. So to go out and get a difference maker, a game changer in the attack in Brenner, and then you add that to Evander and Kevin Denk who are all match winners. That was a really shrewd move because the FT Cincinnati roster is built to win now and we've seen a supporter shield. We've seen a couple playoff runs, but we haven't seen enough in the postseason from FC Cincinnati. Adding Brenner, adding Dominic Marshuk on loan from Salt Lake, I think was a really smart and shrewd move to be able to add a little bit of depth at winger. But FT Cincinnati has game changers all over the field now. It would be a disappointment if they didn't make a deep playoff run.
Speaker 8: You know, you you mentioned a lot of guys that this club has acquired, and look, you you acquire a player like a Vander, you expect him to fit in just because he's going to score a bunch of goals. But it's always it's always stood out to me ever since Chris Albright and Pat Noonan took over this franchise that whenever they acquire a piece from outside, whether it's it's from another MLS club, whether it's an international signing, whether it's somebody who joins the team before the season, or whether it's somebody who joins the team once the season is underway. Almost every single time, it feels like that player just fits in seamlessly. From your perspective, having played in the league forever, how hard is it to do that nearly every single time you bring in somebody from outside.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's extremely hard. And I hope people, I hope people on the outside supporters of the club realize what a great job Chris Albright has done and what a great job Pat Noonon has done to be able to integrate players as quickly.
Speaker 8: As they have.
Speaker 11: That's not always the case, as you just mentioned. I've seen numerous players that have turned out to be good MLS players, it takes them three, four, five, sometimes even seven eight months to be able to acclimate and to be able to really contribute at a high level. So to go get Brenner was extra smart because he already knew the club. He already knew what the expectations were. He knows the training facility, he knows the stadium right, he knows Major League soccer and what it takes to be successful in Major League Soccer. To go bet Dominic Marshak, who already has an acclamation period, with salt Lake and now he's just coming to a new team and maybe fit in a system that is more suited to his talent and to his skill level. I think that was a really shrewd move right for this front office. So you just go up and down the roster and you see so many game changers, difference makers, players that are going to have a difference and make a difference in this roster. I've been really impressed every time I've seen Samuel Gide play. I really like his qualities and what he brings and can add into the midfield. So FC Cincinnati has depth, they have difference makers. They really need to put a stake in the ground in twenty twenty five. This is their year and it's the most competitive Eastern Conference that I've ever seen. And like I said at the top of the top of the show, any one of these eight teams can make a run. But I'm looking at FC Cincinnati as one of the favorites. I picked them before the season started to win MLS Cup, and They've made me kind of question myself a little bit throughout the season. But I'm sticking with my prediction because of the fact that they have so many game changers all.
Speaker 8: Right in the way right now, by the way. Dax McCarty MLS season pass Apple TV with us FC Cincinnati and Columbus on Monday night, Game one, six five on the West End of Cincinnati. I think most FC Cincinnati fans are really excited about the playoffs, all of them are. I think most go man Round one, anybody but Columbus. And yet here we are, where does the Crew pose the biggest threat?
Speaker 11: It's so funny that you say that mode because I made the argument once the playoffs were finalized on decision Day, I made the argument that f C Cincinnati the only team that they wouldn't want to see in Round one of the playoffs was the Columbus Crew. And I got a little bit of stick coming back from, you know, some of my co hosts and co analysts, and they were like, no, Cincinnati will be confident they're the better team, and I just said, look, I just wonder if because they play a similar formation, because they have that institutional know how of Wilford Nancy and his system and the way that they play, I think it's a really tough matchup for s C Cincinnati, and I think that this is going to be just as a as it was in twenty twenty three, where we all remember that epic playoff game that they played between the teams, And don't underestimate the power of a legend retiring in a team wanting to send him out on top. I think the power of Darlington Nagby in his statement that he made that he was going to be retiring when the season was over. His extra motivation for the Columbus Crew. I think the fact that they got a big win on decision Day and they got a little bit of confidence, because this is a Columbus Crew team that quite frankly, has been limping into the playoffs, but now that they've rediscovered their mojo a little bit. Daniel Gazdag got on the score sheet, Diego Rossi is rumored to be fit and available. This is a Columbus Crew team that e FC Cincinnati is going to have their hands full with. And so if I know Pat Noonan, I know that he's got scared. I know that he's going to be confident going in there and being able to win at TQL. But the Columbus Crew do a lot of things well and e FC Cincinnati they need to make sure that when they're in these close games they defend a little bit better than they've been defending recently, because towards the end of the season they conceded really sloppy goals. And if you're going to give the Columbus crew extra opportunities to punish you, they can certainly do that.
Speaker 8: At no point during the coverage on Monday, are you guys allowed to show highlights of that twenty twenty three Eastern Conference Final?
Speaker 11: Okay, hey, talk to the producers, Buddy, talk to the producers. That's not my will.
Speaker 8: Holse oh man, it still stings, hopefully, hopefully a measure of revenge in this best of three series which begins on Monday. Dak's awesome to have you love your work, appreciate the time man, enjoy the playoffs.
Speaker 11: Thanks so much anytime, Moe, that's the luck Epty Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Much appreciated. Dax McCarty played in the League Forever MLS match analyst for MLS Season Pass on Apple TV Monday Night. I was going to say, Sunday, Monday night at six forty five, Game one, FC Cincinnati hosting Columbus. It's a best of three series in round one of course, of course, you can listen to the match on ESPN fifteen thirty Monday evening. It is twenty nine minutes after eight o'clock. You know, it's interesting there's been a surge of optimism among Bengals fans and understandably so. Right Flacco team beat the Steelers mini by little time to breathe playing a terrible Jets team on Sunday optimism and I'm here for it. But also you're starting to look at like mid December doesn't seem so far away. In mid December is when we are hoping that Joe Burrow can come back. So I kind of wanted to get a sense of, you know, if that's still realistic and some of the obstacles he still has to overcome. And so we're going to get an expert because that's what we do from Ortho Sinsey to talk Joe Burrow with us coming up in just about twenty minutes. We are looking forward to that. Don't forget Sunday. It's the Bengals and Jets. The game's live on seven hundred WLW. One o'clock is your kickoff. Pregame coverage from The Holy Grail with Cambrew Tony Pike and Me Sunday morning, starting at nine am, It's time for the eight to thirty news on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Trump turns up the heat in the Caribbean as he targets drug dealers. This is the eight thirty report. I'm Matt Reeves breaking now. The huge US aircraft carrier Gerald R. Ford plus multiple warships are now steaming toward the Caribbean, dramatic escalation of what President Trump calls his war on drug cartels. There was a new air strike that obliterated a suspected drug boat in the Caribbean, announced by the Secretary of War Pete Hegseth today.
Speaker 27: Seth saying at least six people were killed, claiming without evidence, the boat was being operated by trend To Aragua, a designated terrorist organization. It's the tenth known military attack on alleged drug boats, including two in the eastern Pacific Ocean of Central America.
Speaker 7: That's ABC's Martha Rabbits time to check the roads for you on this Friday night. We have the latest traffic and weather together and we have a few delays right now.
Speaker 2: One popped up.
Speaker 7: This is construction delay southbound seventy five at the Norwood lateral five sixty two very slow, backed up almost to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. Got construction delays Colerain Township on two seventy five westbound and as you pass Colerain Avenue, and then there is an accident a little bit further west once you get past the Reagan Cross County Highway, there's an accident in the westbound lanes there that's causing a delay. And in northern Kentucky in the Walton area, the seventy five seventy one split north bound seventy one that has been slow all night long.
Speaker 1: Now the ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WLW in the Tri.
Speaker 10: State weather heading for daybreak Saturday, it's clouding up. Morning low of thirty eight and we could see a little scattered frost our Saturday, then early sunshine and then clouds, a high of fifty seven at night, mostly cloudy in a low of forty three Sunday and early chance of a shower, then mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight from your severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley News Radio seven hundred WL double.
Speaker 7: Temperature forty five degrees in Cincinnati. Game day forecast built by American Home Tech storm ready roofs built to last americanhome Tech dot Com Bengals at home against the Jets on Sunday afternoon. A slight chance of rain, mostly cloudy otherwise again, a high of fifty seven. Multi day hurricane event coming up for Jamaica. Melissa will soon become a monster hurricane.
Speaker 30: It's moving so slowly that little jump fire hoses of rain over parts of Hispaniel and Jamaica. Catastrophic flooding, landslides, and destructive winds. We could be measuring the rain in feet in parts of Haiti and Jamaica.
Speaker 7: Now that's ABC News Media ologius Lee Goldberg, who says a new forecast track is a worst case scenario for Jamaica, likely rapidly intensifying on Sunday into a major hurricane that goes near or right over Jamaica Monday into Tuesday. Thirty nine year old man whom police they jumped off the Purple People Bridge and survived, is suspected of stabbing a forty one year old woman on Homewood Place in Marrimount earlier today. Victim expected to survive and recover. The man who jumped was rescued from the Ohio River is charged with felonious assault and domestic violence. While on his route picking up trash, a rumkey driver found a body along Ohio one twenty five in Brown County. The Ohio State Highway of Patrol says the person was who was found was twenty two year old Caleb Holbert of Russellville, and police believe he was struck by a vehicle, which then took off a record highs on Wall Street Today, after encouraging news about inflation, the Dow, the S and P, Nasdaq all setting records. The Dow up four seventy two to forty seven thousand and two oh seven, SMP five hundred added fifty three. Nasdaq was up two sixty three. First inning Game one of the World Series in Toronto, Nos score between the Dodgers and the Blue Jays eight thirty five. Next News at nine Matt Reeves NewsRadio seven hundred WW for.
Speaker 19: Ten years has crafted the last upgrade Now with Pella Now pay later.
Speaker 4: Visit Pellow window Cincinnati dot com and make life brighter.
Speaker 2: Call Plump Tight for a fast, reliable fix.
Speaker 10: No leaks, no clogs, no miscalls, just perfect plays every time.
Speaker 8: Twenty three from nine o'clock on a Friday evening. This is Arnel Carrier's three game Sports Talk on seven hundred wl W. Lance McAllister is off. My name is Maegger. By the way, Monday afternoon, this is what you should do. Okay, you should join Tony Pike and me at Twin Peaks in Florence for the Tony and Moo Football Show, which is on from three to six on ESPN fifteen thirty. We'll talk about the Bengals Jets game, everything that will go down week eight, to the NFL, college football from this weekend, and so much more. Monday three to six, The Tony and Moo Football Show, starring Hall of Famer Tony Pike, who should be on stage right about now making his Hall of Fame induction speech at the University of Cincinnati, updates you on a couple of things happening or that have happened throughout the evening. You heard Matt Reeve's Game one of the World Series. They have played an inning Dodgers and Blue Jays are scoreless. College basketball. Earlier tonight, Kentucky and Purdue played really entertaining exhibition game and the Wildcats were winners seventy eight to sixty five at rupp Areta. Kentucky's going to be really good this year, really good this year. There's some deep analysis for me. You see as playing an exhibition game right now against Arkansas, obviously coached by former UK head man John Calipari, and the Bearcats are struggling from deep. Last I saw two of nine from behind the arc. Arkansas leads thirty three to twenty two. If you are a Bearcat fan, and first of all, I don't want you to stop listening to me. But if you're a Bearcat fan and you want to watch the game tonight, if you're an ESPN Plus subscriber, I just learned this this morning. You have access to SEC Network Plus and you can watch the game. Cincinnati just missed another three. It's thirty three to twenty two. I love the fact that we get these exhibition games. The college basketball preseason has evolved, right. It used to be you know, they play athletes in action, right, and another traveling team that sort of thing, and then you got a chance to play. You know, when NKU was still a Division two school, Cincinnati and nk you would play in a somewhat regular basis in the preseason and they would play maybe a team from Canada or something, and then they started doing secret scrimmages. Now we get a chance to watch these teams, and there is a part of me that wishes, like, Cincinnati played Michigan last week, why can't that be a regular season game. Cincinnati's playing Arkansas tonight, why can't that be a regular season game. At the same time, you get a chance to watch against good competition, players that you have to get to know and get used to, and they have to get the hang of each other in an era where there's never been more turnover, and the best way to do that is against teams that actually matter. It's thirty five to twenty two. Arkansas leads that game over UC Bearkatz played terrific in the first half of their exhibition game against Michigan last week, and we're all gonna remind ourselves that these games don't count. Richard Patino that obviously, the new head coach at Xavier, made that point on social media emphatically after his team lost to Murray State last Saturday. These games don't count. If you're a Bearcat fan and you watched the exhibition game last year against Ohio State. If you're like me, you walked away thinking like, holy crap, these guys are gonna be awesome, and then they ended up not being awesome. So take everything with a grain of salt, but still fun to watch college basketball. In mid October twenty away from nine o'clock are now Carrier Sports Talk on seven hundred WLW. We started the show by talking about the Logan Wilson situation. You know, like he makes a trade request. The Bengals have gotten a lot of trade requests. Right, t Higgins requested a trade, didn't happen. Trey Hendrickson twice now has requested a trade. Doesn't happen. The Bengals don't just trade you because you ask. Now, there have been players who have wanted out and the Bengals have said, Okay, we'll do it. They viewed trading Carlow's Dunlap a few years ago twenty nineteen, Zach's first season. As addition, by subtraction, they traded Carson Palmer fourteen years ago because an offer came their way, a great offer for a player who had decided that he was never gonna play for him again.
Speaker 2: Just because you.
Speaker 8: Request a trade, if there's among the handful of things we have learned about the Cincinnati Bengals and how they do things you could ask don't mean doesn't mean they're given it to you. I joke about this every single time. You know, we did this with Trey Hendricks, and we did this with t Higgins this offseason. Who t has asked for a trade? T t wants to be Trey wants to be traded, And I go, like, that's cool. I have requested a snow cone machine in my studio. I haven't gotten it yet. I still come to work with a good attitude and so like, I give these players the benefit of the doubt. And Zach Taylor has talked about this this week, addressing the fact that Logan has asked for a trade, Like, all right, he's made that request, and I understand he's not playing as much. He's hurt, he doesn't want to serve in a diminished role. Twenty nine years old, still thinks he has a lot of really good years left in him, like I get it. I would prefer to not play here anymore. I'd prefer to play for a team that you know is going to give me the playing time I was getting. But that trade request, I don't believe is going to at all preclude him from preparing the right way. By the way he played in I think the number was forty six percent of their defensive snaps against Pittsburgh. It's not like he didn't dress, not like they told him, dude, don't come to the stadium. He still had an active role in that game. And so I would expect as a fan exactly what I'm sure the coaches and I'm sure what his teammates expect, which is, dude, you're not happy, that's okay, but you still have to prepare. You still have to do what's needed to help the team one called upon. Any one of us can be discruddled in our jobs, and you may want out, you may want change, and you may have things you want the boss to give you, and you may want different working conditions. But as as long as you're still there, you have an obligation to everybody to still handle your business like a pro. And I expect Logan Wilson to do that. I just this is gonna sound harsh, because Logan Wilson has been really good here. Number One, I give the Bengals credit for not leaning on what Logan has meant. Instead, they're looking toward what's next and looking toward what's next with the defense that Logan Wilson was a part of and not really helping. Number two. Like, I watched the first four or five games in the season, and while I don't think you could say that Logan Wilson was playing poorly, how many times did you notice him? I'll be honest with you. I thought he played very well against the Browns the first game. Aside from that, like never, So, you've got a linebacker who's not making a lot of plays, You've got a team that drafted two of them this past April, and you've got a defensive coordinator who can only make change within the parameters of what he has. What he has as a rookie linebacker that they think highly of, that they think is a part of their future. They're looking for a spark, they're looking for something different than what they've been getting. They went to a place where they replaced one guy who wasn't doing all that much with another guy who knows so I don't know, man Logan Wilson. Somebody described him as a fan favorite, like we like Logan Wilson. I don't know that I've ever seen a Logan Wilson jersey. But they made this move. I think for pure football reasons, not sentimentality, not what he's been in the past, not because he's maybe a fan favorite. But we think there's more upside with the other guy, and at the very least, we think there's a possible payoff to the growing pains he may suffer in the short term.
Speaker 2: We will see.
Speaker 8: We'll also see if Joe Burrow is capable of coming back when everybody hopes, which is obviously mid December. We'll get a doctor's thoughts on that. As the Dodgers take a one nothing lead in the top of the second in Game one of the World Series, Doctor Nick gates from Ortho Sinsey on Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Next on ESPN fifteen to thirty.
Speaker 1: With Dve Lapham's and Triment into the Bengals Ring of Honor, we pay tribute to the life of lap presented by Skyline.
Speaker 4: Feeling Good against the Skyline time.
Speaker 2: Now here's Dan.
Speaker 19: Indeed, Lap, you are known for your boisterous enthusiasm in the booth, but there's no better x as and O's analyst in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Describe your approach as a broadcaster.
Speaker 18: It's probably a lot like yours, Dan.
Speaker 20: I mean, we both went to the new House School of Communications at Syracuse University. The best there is preparing people to enter the broadcast world knowing everything there is to know about what you're doing, what you're broadcasting.
Speaker 18: I don't care if it's Tiddleywinks or you know, the Super Bowl.
Speaker 20: Having an understanding of who the competitors are, what makes them great, and honestly, I mean it's just managing enthusiasm for the game just comes from love of the game and do it in a way that you know the audience appreciate.
Speaker 18: Oh man, he really likes the game.
Speaker 1: For more on the life of Lap, keep it here on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Spangles coverage.
Speaker 21: You save and save for retirement, then a financial advisor shaves one percent off the top.
Speaker 4: Every year for the rest of your life.
Speaker 8: Alex, he get heavy on the Michael Jackson tonight. You know this this album thriller, the first record I ever got six years old. My mom got it for him. Thanks Mom. Note away from nine o'clock in the news RNL Carrier Sports Talk on seven hundred WLW. You mentioned right before the break Dodgers with a run in the second inning on a key k Hernandez single have scored first in the World Series. They are batting right now. Show hey, Otani is at the plate, the greatest show in all the sports, at the plate with the bases loaded. Show Heyo Tani a week ago tonight excuse me had arguably we'll say, but I believe that the greatest single game performance of anybody in the history of the sport. With three homers in the game that he pitched, gave up just two hits and struck out ten. He is at the plate right now and threatening to you don't want to say, break it open in the second inning, but threatening to build on the Dodgers lead, which is one nothing in the top of the second ending Game one is in Toronto, first two games of the series north of the border before Games three, four, and five will be in La early through middle of next week, and then games six and seven in Toronto. The Blue Jays in the World Series for the first time since Joe Carter walked off the Philadelphia Phillies in nineteen ninety three. Also updates on that UC basketball exhibition. The Bearcats are playing Arkansas in Fayetteville right now and they're frankly getting clobbered. It's forty six to twenty six in the final minute of the first half. Bearcats have just scored to make it forty six to twenty eight, and Otani was re hired, and so the Blue Jays get out of the inning with only a run. So the Dodgers have an early one nothing lead over Toronto in Game one up North. Hey, if if you missed anything tonight or anything on our show, or if you want to listen to our show, you could do that by checking out the iHeartRadio app and when you go there, search for me mo Egger and then make us a preset just like your car stereo and check out our show. And you know, our show's on three to six, but you could listen to it anytime anywhere, as many times as you would like. If you just want to listen to the same show on loop, you are good to go. Podcasts of our show are a service of Long Neck Sports Grill. If you're looking for a place to watch football this weekend, or baseball or anything else, check out Long Next. They've got Wilder, they've got Hebren, they've got Richwood, they've got TVs all over the joint. They've got great wings, good menu, terrific beer selection, and so much more. Long Next we thank them for sponsoring the podcast of this show. So it's now late October. Next month is obviously November, and then soon it'll be mid December. Will Joe Burrow be back? I wanted to talk about where the Bengals quarterback might be in his progress coming off of surgery to fix his turf toe, and so I'm bringing in one of the experts from Orthos Sincy, doctor Nick Gates. I say this every week on ESPN fifteen thirty. The great think about Orthosincy is they've got specialist locations and services all across the tri state, including walk in orthopedic urgent care at five locations with extended evening and weekend hours in Edgewood and Anderson. Check out Orthosincy dot com to learn more. That's ortho ci Ncy dot com. Doctor Nick Gates from Orthosincy is with us. So we're still clinging to this timeline right mid December. Suffered the injury a little bit more than a month ago, then head surgery. We're still hoping for mid December? Is is is hopeful? Is hoping for Joe's return in mid December? Still? Is it still realistic?
Speaker 31: I think it's reasonable to hope, hope being a good word. I think it's it's realistic, but it's lofty. You use the word lofty goal three months when they first came out with that is a lofty goal relative to the statistics you see on this surgery. But it's possible, and it comes into play a lot of other things about what's going to be happening at that twelve week mark with the Cincinnati Bengals. So it's a lofty goal to play good, solid football three months.
Speaker 8: What is he likely doing at this stage of his rehab, and then what do the next six to seven weeks look like for him.
Speaker 31: He disappeared off the team for a bit because he was likely on crutches putting not much weight on his foot. He's now off the crutches, putting weight on his foot in a protective walking boot, that we've seen him out and about. He's doing what they call passive or active assisted motion of his toe, and that's a physical therapy term where they are starting to try to regain some motion, but it's in a very controlled environment. The ligamancy tore on the bottom of his toes have been surgically repaired. They're going through a healing process. They can handle some degree of motion, but they don't want to overstress those ligaments. At this stage, they're really mo they're trying to balance. We want to regain range of motion of this joint, but it has to be stable in the end. We don't want it to be super stiff. At the end, he needs to plant off his foot or not plant off this flip, but he needs to bear weight on this foot. So they're in that balance right now, what they call controlled range of motion therapy.
Speaker 8: If there is a setback knock on wood, hopefully there's not, but if there were to be one, what are some of the potential issues that may arise.
Speaker 2: Stiffness.
Speaker 31: He can get a repaired ligament, but struggle with the range of motion of his toe, and you do need a certain bit of comfortable range of motion to walk if you need a certain amount of comfortable range of motion, certainly to run, cut and play sports at a high level. He may have a stable ligament, but if the toe is stiff, that could be a holdback that takes longer to work as range of motion. That's probably the biggest holdback secondary to just soreness and pain. I'll draw the analogy to read a little bit about Rock Party. We've got an interesting analogy or comparison as Rock Party is going through nonsurgical treatment of his turf toe injury. And if you look at his timeline and the guesses you read about that he's he's sore. They tried to get him back early, and the reports are it just hurts too much to perform. So I think stiffness that's not painful, or just soreness and pain is going to be the two things that are going to determine whether or not Joe can come back.
Speaker 8: What can be done, because obviously the tow has to get better, he's got to recover, he's got to do rehab. He also has to maintain strength and conditioning. What sort of things can be done while you're coming back from this kind of injury.
Speaker 31: He certainly can get on a bicycle, get aerobic exercise, and get some minimal weight bearing or low impact aerobic and that's generally going to start with perhaps riding a bike. He's at a stage I think he's about four, maybe going on five weeks from his injury. There's some aquatic therapy where we can get an athlete into aquatics, into a swimming pool or a tank if you will, that's even shoulder high water. What that does is get buoyancy, takes weight off the foot. They're probably just now looking in that he's about the stage where that might be a possibility that they can do a little bit of conditioning that way. He certainly can do all the upper body and core things. He certainly could work out at this stage, but I think his aerobic capacity is the biggest challenge.
Speaker 2: Once he is back.
Speaker 8: Are there things that can be done to help protect the toe once he's actually back and playing, For.
Speaker 31: Sure, I'm certain that they would likely be looking into already fashioning him with what's called an orthodic or fiber plate or his shoe wear, And what that det is is basically a thin there are some inserts that are thick or this is going to be a thinner insert that's essentially going to splint or protect the big toe, his great toe where he just located and tore those ligaments. They're going to put a device into that shoe. They already have one in his boot. Would be not uncommon to kind of protect the stresses on that ligament. So you're going through this balancing act between protecting stress on the ligament while trying to do some controlled range of motion. So it's not it's fairly likely that that type of device inside of a shoe will be part of his rec.
Speaker 8: Doctor Nick Gates from Ortho Sincy talking Joe Burrow, tremendous expertise and inside as always, always appreciate the time.
Speaker 2: Man, thanks so much.
Speaker 31: You are quite welcome, how any hun, that's my guy.
Speaker 8: Doctor Nick Gates from Orthos. Since we do a segment with the experts from Ortho Sincy every week on ESPN fifteen thirty, and I say this every week because it's true. The great thing about Ortho Sincy is they have specialists on locations all over the Tri State including walk fucking Orthopedic Urgent Care weekdays nine a m To nine pm and Saturdays Tomorrow nine am to one PM at both Edgewood and Anderson. It's easy because you do not need an appointment, and it's definitely cheaper than going to an er. Whenever you have an urgent orthopedic injury, go to Orthosincy dot com. That's ortho ci Ncy dot com. Uh, we are done. Lance is back on Monday. I am on ESPN fifteen thirty Monday with Tony Pike from three to six Tony and Mo Football Show at Twin Peaks in Florence. My thanks to Alex Egan for producing this show. My radio career started twenty eight years ago and the very first board shift I ever worked as a young producer I produced for Starling and we're both still here. He is next after the nine o'clock news on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: News, Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Trump turning up the heat on Venezuela. Will there be an attack on their mainland? This is the nine o'clock Report. I'm Matt Reese breaking now America's largest aircraft carrier headed to the Caribbean as US strikes on drug boats continue. Secretary of War Pete Hegseth ordering the USS Gerald Ford to the Caribbean to help quote dismantle transnational criminal organizations and counter narco terrorism in defense of the homeland. This comes as the US carried out an overnight strike on a suspected drug both that killed all six on board. President has already threatened a direct attack on Venezuela. US military has struck ten alleged drug vessels in the region, eight near Venezuela.
Speaker 22: The administration here says that they do not believe that the president in Venezuela is a legitimate president. He had won declared himself a winner of a fraudulent election, and the driving force behind all of this is Secretary of State Mark Rubio, who has a long trek record of calling for that Venezuelan government to collapse and he wants a democratic government to take root there.
Speaker 7: That's ABC's and Flaarty reporting. This is an addition of significant amount of firepower to the region. There are already eight ships in the region plus a submarine, and Flariday reports it's going to be about thirteen ships at least in the region, going from ten thousand troops to fifteen thousand troops. Now we have the latest on the roads is Friday night, latest traffic and weather together and got some construction delays to seventy five westbound at col Raine Avenue and some construction delays as well northbound seventy five at the Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. You're going to be running into delays on the northbound side, and also we'll be getting some delays on the southbound side occasionally throughout the weekend. That stretches seventy five in both directions, always delays because of construction. Look at a little bit better on seventy one northbound at seventy five in the Walton area northern Kentucky. There have been slowdowns at that split northbound seventy one all evening. Looks like it is thinning out now.
Speaker 23: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advance Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 8: At the forecast. We're clouding up.
Speaker 10: We'll see a seven am temperature of thirty eight in the morning and a chance for some frost. The rest of our Saturday is going to be mostly cloudy, a high of fifty seven stays that way at night. We dropped to forty three on Sunday and early chance of a shower. Otherwise mostly cloudy, a high of fifty eight From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Forty two degrees right now.
Speaker 7: This game day forecast built by American Home Tech storm ready roofs built to last American home Tech dot Com again for the Bengals game on Sunday. A slight chance of rain, mostly cloudy, otherwise fifty seven. Sharonville the site of a sobriety checkpoint right now. It's on Lebanon Road near two seventy five. It's going to last until ten thirty. Hamilton County OVII task Force on the scene looking for people intoxicated behind the wheel. Warning of flight delays and disruptions only going to get worse starting next week. The Transportation Secretary says most air traffic controllers have been showing up for work despite knowing they're not going to be paid during the government shutdown. But Sean Duffy says he anticipates that's going to change. Tuesday, as the day the controllers were supposed to be getting a paycheck, he expects far more disruption starting on that day, Tuesday. Former Alabama and Bengals quarterback AJ mccaron wants to be the lieutenant governor of Alabama, announcing he's going to run as a Republican. In twenty twenty six, video posted on YouTube.
Speaker 13: Playing in the NFL reinforced importance of achieving goals bigger than ourselves.
Speaker 7: Mccaren, a native of Mobile, Alabama, says Alabama's conservative and cultural values are under attack from every direction. Let's check Wall Street for today. It was a record setter all across the board, the Dow, SMP, SMP, and Nasdaq all setting records. A Dow up four to seventy two, SB five hundred and fifty three, NASDAC up two hundred and sixty three points. It's nine oh six, Next News nine thirty, Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred, WYLLWD.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 14: Get ready for reliable home comfort in any season with Apollo Home for a limited