Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: It's Mojo in the morning show. I want to bring something up because I was having this discussion. Chelsea and I went out last night. We were going out to celebrate Chelsea's one year of cancer free a year ago yesterday. Chelsea had the tumor removed and thank God everything is, you know, is good with us. God is good with us. So we go out and I was noticing around the place that we were at, we were at a bar where there was a bunch of guys hanging out. Chelsea was like the only girl. She was loving every minute of it, loving the attention. You know how you get that attention when you're the only girl in an entire bar?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like fresh meat.
Speaker 4: I didn't know she would love that.
Speaker 2: I think she does because she likes to guy talk with these guys. Well, I looked at all the guys and all the guys were drinking drinks that to me are kind of guy drinks. And I know Shannon recently talked about Wes ordering, is it Prosecco's or what is it?
Speaker 5: Oh, any.
Speaker 6: specialty drink that is on the menu that has like a girly feel to it, has some girly accoutrements.
Speaker 2: You said adorned with purple flowers.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 8: It was a bubbly drink in a champagne flute adorned with purple flowers. That was the most recent one.
Speaker 2: By the way, when you say the word flute, that right there should say you should not order that. Unless it's preceded by champagne. My drink is completely different. So I went out with guys a few days ago and a group of guys that we were with, it was five of us. And I even told the story about the bar, the chair, and stuff from that. Well, this was another thing that happened. They went around the room to do an order, and there were, I think, two beer orders. There was two beer orders, a bourbon on the rocks, and then I did an old-fashioned. And then it came down to the last guy, Paul Clem. The famous. And what do you think Paul Clem ordered? An old-fashioned. An espresso martini.
Speaker 7: Oh, did he?
Speaker 2: He says... He said, we're all like, one guy's like, what do you got on tap? He's like, I'm Molson. I'll take that. You know, the other guy, I'll take that too. You know, I would like to have, you know, old Forrester on the rocks. And I'm like, I love an old-fashioned. And then Paul, I'll have an espresso martini. His voice did not do that. Explain something to me. What is the fascination of espresso martinis? And I have to be quite honest with you. I've tried them and I think they're wonderful. Maybe at the end of the night as an after dinner drink. You can't start the evening as a man with a group of guys drinking men's drinks with an espresso martini.
Speaker 4: I disagree.
Speaker 9: I think the caffeine in it will get you going for the rest of the night. If you're drinking that at the end of the night, you're not going to bed.
Speaker 8: Well, I do still feel like an espresso martini is a girl's drink.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, for sure. That part. I don't know what he was doing.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they serve? Serve the espresso. So they bring all our drinks out and they got every one of the things there, you know, and they serve his espresso martini in one of those martini glasses with the longest stem on the thing.
Speaker 8: And they're like kind of rounded with the three beans on top.
Speaker 2: And the poor waitress is bringing it out there and she's like trying to make sure it doesn't like spill all over the place. And then Paul is all the way over to this side and we have to hand it over. Here, hold on. Let me get you your espresso martini, Mr. Clem.
Speaker 7: Extra time.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I want to ask, who's the obsessed espresso martini for people on the show?
Speaker 8: Oh, Lydia.
Speaker 2: Lydia? She used to go hard for that.
Speaker 4: I like them because you can't taste the liquor.
Speaker 2: All you taste is espresso.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Lydia loves them so much, she was going to create an Instagram account dedicated to the best espresso martinis in the country.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Interesting.
Speaker 10: I just never did it, but I still drink them pretty fairly often. I like to try the mixed espresso martinis now. So they do like the caramel espresso martinis, the mint, like all these guys.
Speaker 2: They actually have different flavors of this. Don't tell Paul.
Speaker 8: Some restaurants even have them on tap now.
Speaker 2: Wow. The funniest is looking at the bartender that's making the espresso martini. They hate it. And all they look, he had to find coffee or espresso. He had to, you know, do all this stuff there. You sure?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went out last night.
Speaker 13: I didn't get an espresso martini, but I ended the night at Moods with a friend, and I forgot what she ordered, but it looked kind of old-fashioned. It was a darker drink. Had like some, I don't know, some moss to it. I don't know why that word's in my mind.
Speaker 2: But I ordered an Aperol Spritz. Oh, did you?
Speaker 13: When the lady brought it to the table, she definitely almost gave the girl the Aperol Spritz instead of me, and I'm like, no, that's coming this way.
Speaker 2: That's when you know that maybe the drink is not appropriate when they don't know who the drink goes to. The funny thing was that with the espresso martini, it almost looked like it should have gone to the table next to us when we were sitting there because there was a bunch of women that were sitting there.
Speaker 8: That's what I always say.
Speaker 6: They always put the girlier drink in front of me and I slide it right over to my husband.
Speaker 2: The flute.
Speaker 8: Every time. It never fails.
Speaker 2: Wes, when there's a piece of fruit On the side of the actual cup as the accoutrement. You know what I mean? Big ass orange slice. Like I will tell you this. Bloody Marys. Sometimes I'll have a Bloody Mary. I like a Bloody Mary in the morning. I like a Bloody Mary and I like a lot of beef sticks in it. I like celery. Lots of spice. Pickles are great. I like olives, big old juicy olives.
Speaker 8: The more stuffing it, cheese cubes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want a meal. I want a drink and a meal all together. 844-MOJO-LIVE, 844-665-6548. The text is 95500. All right, I got to ask this question. I want to know, who are my espresso martini people? I just want a real quick one. If you're an espresso martini. And would it make a difference if Paul... if the Clemmer would have ordered the espresso martini and had it in a rock glass. Like sometimes they'll do that. Sometimes they'll manly it up a little bit for you.
Speaker 13: Y'all said I was doing too much when I did that. When I asked for my, like in a Mason jar, I'm like, bring me, remember when we had our first like daddy daughter dance? Y'all made fun of me. Cause I said, no, bring it in a Mason jar.
Speaker 2: Bring me in. I don't like the long stem stuff. Do you like the, when you say Mason jar, you mean literally like a Mason jar?
Speaker 13: Like bring it in something other than the long stem. It reminds me of my grandma watching Sex and the City. Whenever I see those martini glasses, that's what I think of.
Speaker 8: Cosmos, made famous from that.
Speaker 2: Great memory. What are those glasses or what are those drinks where they come in like the copper cups and stuff like that?
Speaker 14: A mule.
Speaker 2: A Moscow mule. Like maybe that. Maybe you need an espresso martini and a mule cup so nobody can see that you ordered an espresso martini. Are mules not big anymore? Because I don't see many mules.
Speaker 8: I don't either. I actually kind of forgot about them until you just said that.
Speaker 2: What's up, Jeff? How you doing?
Speaker 15: Hey, what's up, everybody?
Speaker 16: Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 15: Mojo, do you like Dark Spirit?
Speaker 17: Do you like bourbon?
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with bourbon. Do I like bourbon? Yeah, absolutely. I got tons of it at home if you want to come over to my house. I would love to.
Speaker 17: But you've got to try the espresso martini.
Speaker 18: Make sure you get it from the right bartender who knows what they're doing.
Speaker 19: Espresso martini with bourbon.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of that. So instead of vodka.
Speaker 20: Tequila.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: I have seen the espresso martinis with tequila. Lydia, have you tried the tequila espresso martinis?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's good, but it's still not as good as the vodka.
Speaker 2: So you like the original. You like the OG espresso martinis.
Speaker 7: But like the cut water kind.
Speaker 2: Shannon, do you remember?
Speaker 7: I was so twisted off of two of those.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 8: Those are, I have some in my fridge right now. They're in the can.
Speaker 6: They are delicious, and they have a very high alcohol content.
Speaker 2: Do they? Those cut waters are big?
Speaker 8: Do not mess around with those espresso martini cut waters.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeff, quick question for you. Is there any drinks that you'll drink, but you don't like having people see you drink them? Like there's certain drinks that you don't like?
Speaker 21: Probably that, like the bubbly cocktails that have the dry ice at the bottom.
Speaker 2: That would be like the local cultures. I hate smoky old fashions. I don't like them for some reason. I don't like the taste.
Speaker 22: Oh, no.
Speaker 2: But I hate when they bring out the thing and they make it a big deal, like they pop the top off of it. I feel like I'm the guy that ordered the dessert at the restaurant and they're going to sing happy birthday to the Red Robin song or something. What's up, Gemma?
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: Gemma.
Speaker 19: Hi.
Speaker 23: So my aunt actually considers herself a martini cook. expert and my husband one night sat there to see how many times she would make up one he started making up the dirty viking and making up all these things she's like yeah he's like yeah you got to make it extra dirty and he just kept going on and.
Speaker 24: On and making it up filthy going with oh yeah and another thing mojo if you like um bloody mary's you should check out it's in manchester michigan.
Speaker 23: They have a bloody mary special.
Speaker 2: If you just google it so manchester michigan bloody mary all right i'm going to check that out there's there's one place down by us in detroit at eastern market videos yeah is the place i went to with your family yeah that was a good place Oh.
Speaker 23: You can literally make a meal for two people out of this Bloody Mary.
Speaker 25: It has burgers.
Speaker 23: It has everything out of it. You're going to be in line for like a half.
Speaker 2: Hour to get in. There's a place in Vegas that does chicken and waffles in their Bloody Marys, pizza, cheeseburgers in the Bloody Mary.
Speaker 4: That's what this looks like.
Speaker 2: This is the one I think she's talking about. Oh, you don't think that looks good? It's like a grocery store in the country. Oh, my God, you guys, I want to go. Really?
Speaker 4: That's lunch and dinner.
Speaker 2: How do they keep it all in there? It's a good nap. What's up, Autumn?
Speaker 26: Good morning.
Speaker 5: First time long time.
Speaker 27: Yay!
Speaker 28: Good morning.
Speaker 29: So my drink is the cut water, the espresso martini, but you got to do it with the Cardi B whip shot.
Speaker 2: Oh, jeez.
Speaker 8: Wait, what's that?
Speaker 2: Enlighten us.
Speaker 29: So Cardi B has some whipped cream shots, and they are vodka infused.
Speaker 22: Mm.
Speaker 2: OK. Cardi B whip shot. That's not like you got to go home with somebody after that. Have you?
Speaker 29: Well, I'm married, but yes.
Speaker 2: I love it, Autumn. All right, we're going out drinking sometime, Autumn. We're going to have some fun with you, okay?
Speaker 16: Absolutely.
Speaker 26: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Call more often. We'll talk to you later.
Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning's Back in the Day.
Speaker 5: Let's go!
Speaker 2: Back in the day.
Speaker 1: What year did this stuff happen?
Speaker 2: This was the year that Serena Williams won her 23rd Grand Slam.
Speaker 30: As Williams held up the trophy, she was also holding on to a secret. She was two months pregnant. In September, Williams and then-fiancé, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian welcomed a baby girl.
Speaker 2: Tiffany Haddish starred in the movie Girls Trip. I got drugs in my booty.
Speaker 31: You know what?
Speaker 8: It can cause a lot of infection.
Speaker 2: Girl, you can't get no infection in your booty hole. It's a booty hole. Okay. And the big song. Love it. Chainsmokers and Halsey played it yesterday in that little welcome back to school mix. By the way, I think I might do a four fingers mix today of Dolly Parton songs. Come on, it's Dolly Parton. She's a legend.
Speaker 1: You're smart.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: You remember the year that stuff happened.
Speaker 2: 844-MOJO-LIVE. Aries on with us right now. Aries, what's up? Let's go, Aries. How you doing?
Speaker 3: How you doing, Mojo?
Speaker 2: Fantastic, Aries. What year is that? And I'll set you up with the baby tickets. 2017. It is, sir. Yeah. I'm going to try to do the beats. Congratulations to you. The baby tickets are yours. We'll set you up with a pair of those, okay?
Speaker 32: All right, man.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot. Let me throw this out there. I've got to give them a quick plug because I forgot to do it yesterday. Going through. Oh, look at this. Hold on a second. Oh, I got paperwork in here from June. I should probably go through and get more organized. I know. This is my grandma going through all her mail. Hold on, where is that? My grandma's couch is a one-seater now because the rest of it is just covered with mail. All right, here we go. DaBaby at Fox Theater, October the 4th. Tickets are on sale right now. Ticketmaster.com. Aries, you got them for free. Congratulations.
Speaker 5: Oh, man.
Speaker 32: Thanks, y'all.
Speaker 2: Thanks, y'all. Have a great morning, man. We got Ed Sheeran for this weekend. Saturday is when Ed Sheeran is going to be at Ford Field. And your chance to go text the word shape, like I'm in love with the shape of you, to 95500. And you could be going to the show. Standard text and data rates to apply.
Speaker 1: Mojo in the mornings, dirty on the 30.
Speaker 2: Be honest with you uh i was in the dentist chair yesterday when uh i saw the alerts going off and the alerts were like non-stop i've never gotten more alerts i think the last time that i saw something like this with alerts was when uh prince died like i remembered that specifically like where i was yeah michael jackson yeah but this was this is a big one so shannon leading off with dolly parton.
Speaker 6: My birthday twin january 19th 1946 I wasn't born in 1946, but January 19th. Country music legend Dolly Parton passed away at 80 years old, ending just a remarkable seven decade career that took her from dirt, dirt, poor beginnings in Tennessee to being one of the most beloved entertainers in the whole entire world. So her family said she died peacefully in Nashville after a very quiet battle with cancer. And we don't know what kind of cancer she was battling. I know she was admitted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center on Friday with some kidney and autoimmune issues. And then she passed away in the hospital yesterday morning. Her health, though, and we've kind of been reporting this, had been declining over the past year. She was dealing with kidney stones, some medicine complications, immune and digestive issues, and most recently, dehydration and dizziness, forcing her to cancel a Vegas residency and several different appearances, including one at her beloved Dollywood.
Speaker 11: I've told you before, all my fans, that I've had a few little health issues recently. And sometimes I get a little dizzy and I get dehydrated. And I'm dehydrated. And so my natural doctor has kind of clipped my wings saying, you ain't traveling this week. So I guess if your doctor tells you you ain't traveling this week, you ain't traveling this week. But I like to keep all of you in the loop, like I said I would, on everything.
Speaker 8: I mean, just a little spitfire. So positive. Everybody said she was just so kind, no matter who you were.
Speaker 2: They say one of the most philanthropic people.
Speaker 8: Oh, yeah. Her library, her imagination library.
Speaker 2: Many kids learn. Martha Reeves was on our local ABC affiliate. saying that if it wasn't for Dolly Parton, there'd be many kids in the city of Detroit that would not have books.
Speaker 6: You ready for some stats about her? 25 number one country singles, including all the ones we know. Jolene, 95, Islands in the Stream, I Will Always Love You. She actually famously refused to give Elvis Presley half of the publishing rights to I Will Always Love You, a decision that eventually earned her millions and millions of dollars after Whitney Houston then, you know, turned it into a worldwide hit. But her nephew, Brian, who made the announcement yesterday, also her longtime security, made the announcement yesterday about her passing, said that He was given very specific instructions for her burial. She asked to be laid to rest in a beautiful bed of plush cotton. And last night he did an interview and he said, after a life wearing heavy rhinestones, she finally deserves to be comfortable.
Speaker 2: It's a private funeral, too. Just close family. one thing about Dolly Dolly's husband was sick for many many years and she took care of him she didn't have people taking care of him she literally kind of how my sister was with my brother-in-law Scott and he died last year yeah Carl Dean and they say that she never took care of herself yeah so.
Speaker 6: That was it so many of her friends and family said she neglected to take care of herself because she she spent so much of her energy caring for him so 80 years old man In Other Dirty Today, both of Kanye's upcoming shows in Russia have been canceled. A post on the venue's social media said a contract was never signed for the show, so therefore, they ain't happening. The shows were supposed to take place on October 10th and 11th. Promoters are now trying to find a new venue so that the shows can happen. And if they do end up happening, by the way, he will be the first rapper to perform in Russia since Russia invaded Ukraine.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago. I didn't think that we could, with an American passport, travel to Russia. He can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 6: And lastly, we have this year's America's Thanksgiving Day Parade Grand Marshal guy by the name of Dan Gilbert.
Speaker 2: We're so honored, and I mean elated.
Speaker 1: To have Dan Gilbert as the Grand Marshal of the 100th Parade. And everyone kept saying, Dan Gilbert, Dan Gilbert, Pryor.
Speaker 8: I said, no, it's got to be about the 100th Parade coming down Woodward Avenue in the city that he is literally in.
Speaker 2: There were others, but.
Speaker 1: My God, what he has done for us and for the city.
Speaker 2: And the people.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: Well, I have Dan Gilbert right here.
Speaker 17: We're actually in the department overlooking Woodward and what you've done to this part of Woodward and erecting the Hudson Tower.
Speaker 8: It's been so exciting to watch over the years.
Speaker 33: You've accomplished so much, but being named the Grand Marshal of a parade you grew up watching, what is that like for you?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a big honor. I've never been a Grand Marshal. I've been a Marshal, but not a Grand Marshal, so... I'm very excited about it. I'm very honored to do it. And I mean, the parade's been such a big thing of Detroit for 100 years now. And it's always been there. So through good times, bad times, there's always the parade. That's his city, man. I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: That's wild.
Speaker 2: Dan looked good when I was watching that. on Local 4. So shout out to Rhonda Walker and Karen Drew and everybody at Local 4. But he actually looked good. I hadn't seen him in a while.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 34: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, if you miss anything from today, you can always catch up by listening to the podcasts on the totally free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning's 5 at 655. 5 at 655, yo.
Speaker 2: 5 at 655, yo, now. It is time now for the legendary 5 at 655 to test your pop culture knowledge. Stephanie has been perfect for the last six times that she has been with us. She's going for seven wins today. We have never... And I went back to the archives, and the history of the 5 of 655 had a contestant go perfect this long. Come on, Steph!
Speaker 1: Get out! Get the heck out of here!
Speaker 28: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: I'm a legend. The most was five, okay? So we've never gone past five. You have gotten six. So that means you are now in the record books, and you can call it quits.
Speaker 32: No.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 20: Oh, my God.
Speaker 29: Oh, my God.
Speaker 35: No, I have to exceed five a little.
Speaker 23: Bit longer, so that way I'm like the reigning champ for life.
Speaker 20: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think so. And I got it today.
Speaker 36: Today we're going for seven.
Speaker 2: Here's your challenger this morning from Dearborn Heights, works in the medical field in brain trauma.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 2: Hi, Sarah. How you doing?
Speaker 12: I'm good.
Speaker 23: How are you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic. You know, they always say, You know, you don't have to be a brain surgeon, you know what I mean? Like, whatever the deal is.
Speaker 23: I definitely am not a brain surgeon.
Speaker 20: I actually take care of all the patients that are recovering from brain surgery.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 5: Oh, my God.
Speaker 27: My son has had three brain surgeries, Sarah.
Speaker 2: This is ironic. Stephanie, is everything okay?
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 34: He's good.
Speaker 37: He was actually, like, in 2020, like, right before COVID hit.
Speaker 20: He actually was paralyzed at two from his neck down.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 28: Yeah, so he got diagnosed with Chiari and acute flaccid myelitis. So he's had three brain surgeries, two nerve transfers, but this kid is playing travel soccer.
Speaker 35: No way!
Speaker 8: Oh my God, what a story.
Speaker 17: Great story.
Speaker 2: All right, Sarah's going to go first. Stephanie's going to go into a soundproof area. So thank you for being on with us, ladies. And we'll begin. Five questions. Whoever gets the most right wins. Ty always goes to the champions. Question number one, the world is mourning the loss of Dolly Parton this morning. She was 80 years old. True or false, Dolly was not actually her real first name.
Speaker 8: True.
Speaker 2: Question number two, speaking of Dolly, she famously wrote the song, I Will Always Love You. I almost want to sing it.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: I will always love you. Hit the dumb button. Who had the enormous... 1992 hit version of that song.
Speaker 38: Whitney Houston.
Speaker 2: Question number three. Hello Kitty is trending today thanks to a new collab with Starbucks. What country was Hello Kitty created in?
Speaker 39: Japan.
Speaker 2: Question number four. Simon Cowell is taking a break from America's Got Talent to have another back surgery. What's the other America singing competition show that he was once a judge on? Three seconds.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 35: Two.
Speaker 2: Simon Cowell. One. Come on. You're done.
Speaker 32: Really?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 29: And question.
Speaker 2: That's okay. And question number five. Are you ready to feel old? Macaulay Culkin is celebrating his 46th birthday today. What was his annoying older brother's name in the classic movie Home Alone?
Speaker 32: Buzz.
Speaker 2: Let's bring the champ back from a soundproof area.
Speaker 8: Okay, Sarah, you got three out of five.
Speaker 20: Three, okay, Sarah, okay.
Speaker 2: Stephanie's basically like, I got that.
Speaker 8: I got this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 39: You got it.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Stephanie. Question number one. The world is mourning the loss of Dolly Parton this morning. She was 80 years old. True or false? Dolly was not actually her real first name.
Speaker 1: False.
Speaker 2: That's right. It was actually her real first name.
Speaker 40: Yep.
Speaker 2: One to nothing. Taking the lead. Question number two. Speaking of Dolly, she famously wrote the song, I Will Always Love You. Who had the enormous 1992 hit version of that song?
Speaker 16: Whitney Houston.
Speaker 41: Yes.
Speaker 2: Two to one. Question three. Hello Kitty is trending today thanks to a new collab with Starbucks. What country was Hello Kitty created in? Japan.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Three to two. Shut up.
Speaker 26: Oh, my God.
Speaker 18: Sorry.
Speaker 2: By the way, that was a loud shut up. Nobody's sleeping in that house, I can tell you. I'm at work already.
Speaker 5: Jesus.
Speaker 2: All right. Question number four. Simon Cowell is taking a break from America's Got Talent to have back surgery. What was the other American singing competition show that he was once a judge on?
Speaker 23: American Idol.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 8: Four to two.
Speaker 2: And last question. You got to get this one right to have another perfect score.
Speaker 22: We're going to make it really tough.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 42: Okay.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's not really that tough. Don't worry about it. Are you ready to feel old? Macaulay Culkin is celebrating his 46th birthday today. What was his annoying older brother's name in the classic movie Home Alone?
Speaker 7: Buzz!
Speaker 14: Yeah!
Speaker 3: Buzz!
Speaker 22: Buzz!
Speaker 2: Sarah, Kroger gift card for you. Please enjoy that. Thank you, guys. Get all the details on Kroger delivery when you go to and download the Kroger app or go to Kroger.com. Kroger delivery makes things so much more convenient. And you can do Kroger delivery everywhere that you hear my voice. Hang on the phone for just one second. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the mornings, 5 at 655.
Speaker 40: WKQI Detroit WSNX Mesquite Grand Rapids WVGS Toledo Channel 955 1045 SNX and 92.5 KISS FM and iHeart Radio Station guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Human alright time now for the phone scam it's our five lies tell your mom phone scam if you would like to do this to your mom text mom to 95500 Bianca's looking for you to do this you got to Give her a good idea of what you want to do to kind of set off your mom. Something kind of like this one.
Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 4: Sweet.
Speaker 1: Five lies to tell your mom.
Speaker 2: Ashley.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 2: Ashley is one of those that work two jobs, very, very hardworking, but your mom doesn't like your nighttime job.
Speaker 35: Correct.
Speaker 2: Ashley works at a strip club at night.
Speaker 42: Oh, boy.
Speaker 2: All right. So the daytime job she's okay with, the nighttime job, tell us why she doesn't like it.
Speaker 25: She just wants me to focus on developing my career, but obviously I like to bartend.
Speaker 20: She hates that I bartend, but I like.
Speaker 2: To do it. So you're a bartender, so there's nothing to worry about. Are you bartending close on or close off?
Speaker 7: Close on, 100%.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's get her scared about that nighttime job that you have. Here we go. Five lies. Tell your mom. Lie number one. You're going to say, mom, I got a promotion. Lie number two.
Speaker 8: Say, yeah, the managers really see the potential in me. Okay.
Speaker 2: Lie number three, especially with my bottle tricks. Okay. Lie number four.
Speaker 8: Say, and I've been practicing and doing my squats.
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 2: And lie number five, because I'm going to be a stripper bartender.
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 2: All right, here we.
Speaker 35: Go.
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 38: Hey, Mom.
Speaker 36: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 25: I got some good news.
Speaker 36: Oh, sure.
Speaker 25: So, you know, I got my promotion.
Speaker 22: You did?
Speaker 5: Uh-huh.
Speaker 27: Congratulations.
Speaker 25: Yeah, they saw a lot of potential in me.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 25: I know, but it's not at the strip club.
Speaker 21: Huh?
Speaker 25: They just texted me.
Speaker 18: You're a bitch.
Speaker 20: No, I swear.
Speaker 25: They asked me because I would make way more money doing what I do there.
Speaker 43: Because they saw my bottle trick.
Speaker 29: Stop, Ashley.
Speaker 25: And, you know, I've been working out a lot, too, so.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 32: That's not it.
Speaker 43: Yeah. You know, I've been practicing my squats and just really lifting and stuff like that. So they just, like, texted me and asked me if I could be a stripper bartender No, you're.
Speaker 44: F * * * ing not.
Speaker 41: Why?
Speaker 15: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 25: I would make so much more money. F * * * ing saw a lot of potential in me, and I could do really good bottle tricks and stuff, you know.
Speaker 43: The f * * * you are.
Speaker 36: You could do the bottle.
Speaker 24: Tricks at home and entertain us.
Speaker 26: Yeah, but I'm going to do them with my butt.
Speaker 43: You are not showing off.
Speaker 27: Your to anyone.
Speaker 2: Yes. You are on the Mojo in the morning show right now for five lies to tell your mom.
Speaker 26: There's no way.
Speaker 2: Yes, there is. Unless it's more believable that we're hanging out at a strip club right now with your daughter. This is Mojo in the morning and Ashley had you on five lies to tell your mom.
Speaker 27: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: Mom, Ashley won you a prize. Congratulations.
Speaker 25: I'm going to go find the radio.
Speaker 2: We got you on right now so you can say hi to everybody that just heard you and your first strip ever.
Speaker 27: Mojo in the morning. Stripping in the morning.
Speaker 2: I like it. You give me a shout out. I love uncontrollable mom laughs.
Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning. five lies to tell your mom.
Speaker 2: I love it. All right. Mojo in the morning show. Hey, we're doing a more Mojo podcast live. It's our third year, the annual, we go live to a great location. This time we're going to be doing it and it's going to be at a place called rock and brew, which is a really cool bar that is in Royal Oak, Michigan. Uh, it's going to be on a Thursday night, September the 24th. The entire show is going to be there. And we want you to be part of the studio audience and obviously be part of the podcast. If you're somebody that would like to come and hang out with us, we're raising money for breaking and entering Christmas Wish by selling tickets for this for just the small price of like, I don't know, it's under like $ 40 or $ 50 or something like that. $ 40? Go to, where did it go?
Speaker 7: MojoInTheMorning.com?
Speaker 2: MojoInTheMorning.com. MojoInTheMorning.com. I can't tell you the last time I've gone to our website. I usually just go to the Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and stuff like that. That's great.
Speaker 7: That's so nice to know that I worked so hard on it, and then you don't even look at it.
Speaker 2: That website, by the way, is trash. No offense.
Speaker 4: I did not think he.
Speaker 2: Was going to say that. It's not your responsibility. It's the iHeart people. It's Alex and all those goofballs that work for National. That website used to be when I owned I owned the domain. But when I had it and I used to keep it going back in the days, you know, when Joey and those guys were here and then they took it away from us. That website was fire. It was awesome. It had all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 4: What was different?
Speaker 8: He's in a mood today.
Speaker 22: I like it.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, the best part about that is our Instagram and our TikTok and all that look good and you can buy tickets on those platforms.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Thank you, Leah. And Bianca does a great job. Bianca, you know that it's bad. Yeah, it's mid, but.
Speaker 7: I had like a cool video in there.
Speaker 2: Oh, you did?
Speaker 7: So I was like, oh, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Okay. Bianca does a great job with all of our social game. She puts together the best TikToks, even though I hate what she says. All right.
Speaker 7: Now you're just trying to make me feel better about myself. You don't got to do all that.
Speaker 6: Can I say something about Bianca, though? We had a meeting. I don't know what day it was, Monday or Friday, whatever day it was. We had like a social media, a national social media meeting where they like meet with every single morning show and they like try to pick apart your media, your social media and give you you know, feedback and, oh, you should fix this. You could tell that this team could not pick apart what Bianca has done to our social media.
Speaker 2: They had no notes.
Speaker 8: They were looking for... for something and they couldn't find anything.
Speaker 7: They pointed out, they're like, you know, they should start using captions. I'm like, they picked the one TikTok where I did not have captions. I have captions in all these videos.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something about captions? What's that editing tool? Is it CapCut or whatever the heck it's called? You know what I think looks cheesy? When I look at people post something on social media and that CapCut comes up at the end.
Speaker 8: You're supposed to edit that out.
Speaker 2: Jason Coulthrop, the guy from... Local 4, the news guy from Local 4 does it all the time. I'm like, Jason, edit that out. It looks so bad when it comes up at the end. You know what it reminds me of? It reminds me of when people go and buy like other radio stations and stuff. They'll go buy cameos of celebrities saying their name so they can play them on their radio shows or their own podcast. And then it will come up at the end. Cameo at the end of the deal. I'm like, oh, so bad. Would you pay for that? All right, so the podcast live, September the 24th. Get your tickets today. You can also, like Lydia said, go to MojoInTheMorning.com, but text also podcast, and Lydia will send you. It's so much easier when you just text podcast to 95500, and she'll send you back the link to be able to buy those tickets.
Speaker 7: Mojo, we are about like 100 tickets left now.
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh. Y'all better go now.
Speaker 7: How many did we have?
Speaker 15: 200.
Speaker 7: We literally sold 100 in two days.
Speaker 1: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 2: That's great. That is, that's, that's incredible. It's going to be a really good setting, a good intimate setting because the, the event room where it is, isn't a room where a bunch of bands play and stuff. And I think it's more set up for us. We've done it in the past at great places. Like we did it at imagine theater and we had theater full of people there. We've done it at, you know, other establishments too, like some bars and things. And it was, the room was a little too big and there was too many, like, With pillars and things Like you couldn't see people Behind things Yeah It was kind of like This.
Speaker 6: Is cool Because there's bar seats Hide taps Regular tables Regular seats And afford to.
Speaker 2: It And that place has been Been amazing Stephanie Before I get to anything else You want Stephanie's a Florida listener What do you Are on the iHeartRadio app?
Speaker 20: I am I listen to you guys On the way to work So it's my first time Long time.
Speaker 2: Hey Stephanie Welcome What part What part of Florida?
Speaker 20: So I live over in Daytona, but I drive to Orlando every day for work.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Is that far? Do you ever take, yeah. What is that about?
Speaker 20: A couple hours.
Speaker 2: That's a commute. I like it though. She's listening to our show the whole time. Do you ever take a wrong turn and end up right in Disney world?
Speaker 20: It's literally right in the backyard of Disney and SeaWorld and everything's right around in that area.
Speaker 2: That'd be cool. Yeah. Is it, is it hot like hell then down there right now?
Speaker 20: Oh, it's been, we're over 100 days of over 90-plus weather every day.
Speaker 2: It's hot. Joe, Chad, and Ashley and Katie were telling me from the Joe show that there's a heat dome or something like that. What does that mean? Oh, yeah. Like a cooling center? No, I think it's like there's no cool down at night at all.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 20: We're at 79 right now. That's just this morning, so we'll be up.
Speaker 26: In the 90s again.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 2: What are you calling for? What can I do for you?
Speaker 20: I just wanted to tell you, you literally had me in tears and I, my respect for you just went through the roof. And I know that you guys are not a country station, but thank you so much for playing that song of Dolly. Like you had me in tears.
Speaker 2: Dolly meant something to you, huh?
Speaker 20: Yeah. I have family in Tennessee. Um, that was my grandfather's favorite singer. Um, yeah, she, she's an amazing person. And, You know, thank you so much. And I did want to tell you, if you guys consider going to Dolly World, because I grew up in Detroit, the executive chef there, Bobby Brown, cooks. He's the executive chef at Dolly World.
Speaker 2: Bobby, not the Bobby Brown.
Speaker 20: And he's from here?
Speaker 2: Bobby Brown from Detroit.
Speaker 7: That's very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really cool. Man, play another Dolly song. We got people calling from Florida. You know what?
Speaker 45: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Wait, here's the deal. If you're going to cry over that, then I'm going to do this for you. Oh, gosh. Are you ready?
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, Dolly meant a lot to you and your family. She was your grandpa's favorite artist, right?
Speaker 20: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: This one's for him.
Speaker 20: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Stay on the phone.
Speaker 2: I want to see if you cry.
Speaker 20: Okay. I'm already crying.
Speaker 46: So I'll go But I know I'll think of you Each step of.
Speaker 47: The way And I will always love you I will always love you.
Speaker 2: So do you remember being a little girl and your grandpa playing you Dolly music?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 20: I would ride around on this truck and listen to her. That was his absolute favorite.
Speaker 2: Did you ever at one point go, Grandpa, put on some other music here? Where the hell did you go?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 20: Say that one more time.
Speaker 2: No, I was just kidding. When I would drive around with my grandfather and we would listen to, he always liked listening to old Elvis. My granddad used to listen to jazz. He used to listen to jazz all the time.
Speaker 35: Jazz?
Speaker 8: I never met my grandpas.
Speaker 2: Oh, now I'm going to cry. Love you. Will always. Go ahead, take it away, Shannon. Oh, my gosh. Somebody check on Jerry Jones. Why, Jerry? He probably can't get out of bed. That's his girl. Is it really his girl?
Speaker 20: I thought, yeah.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys. Really?
Speaker 8: How do you know that?
Speaker 2: I'm just guessing. Stephanie, I love you. Thank you for listening to us. We miss you in Detroit.
Speaker 8: Stay cool today.
Speaker 2: We'll come visit you in Orlando. Thank you so much.
Speaker 32: We will.
Speaker 20: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, your chance coming up here next to win Dolly Parton breasts. love it the contest is this the b's and c's get degrees.
Speaker 10: Upgrade available for your phone no for your computer.
Speaker 1: Also no we're talking a much more exciting upgrade mojo.
Speaker 31: In the mornings b's and c's get degrees we'll make you forget where you put your phone get a chest upgrade brought to you by allure medical b's and c's get Listen to 730 and 830 to Mojo for your available upgrade. Must be 21 or older to win. Don't want to wait to win? Get breast augmentation from Allure Medical starting at $ 49.
Speaker 5: 95.
Speaker 31: Schedule your consultation at alluremedical.com. From the D-minus students, oh, and Shannon, the teacher's pet, who got all A's, this is Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: All right, we're giving you a chance to win breast augmentation. B's and C's get degrees 844-MOJO-LIVE 844-665-6548 your chance to win a $ 200 Allure Med Spa gift card and then qualify for breast augmentation that we'll give away on Friday you'll have a great chance of winning breast augmentation for free from Allure Med Spa so call now 844-MOJO-LIVE 95th caller 844-665-6548 you know what I would love if we could And I know we can't specifically do this because we got to randomly grab the 95th caller, but do we have any teachers that would like this? You know, back to school time? That's obviously the reason why we're doing this contest. I would love for a teacher to get some boobs. Or back-to-school college kids. Yeah. It's not appropriate, I don't think, for high school kids, right? I mean, no.
Speaker 4: Well, you have to be 18.
Speaker 2: You got to be 18?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 2: What if you're a kid that flunked a few years? What if you're one that was a late starter?
Speaker 4: As long as you're 18.
Speaker 2: That would be an interesting topic in general to bring up and say, I got boobs in high school.
Speaker 4: The oldest senior.
Speaker 2: I know some people that we've talked to before on the air that that was their graduation present. A high school graduation? Yeah. Or they use their grad money for doing something like that. All right. 844-MOJO-LOT. All right, Shannon, with what's trending in the Dirty on the 30s?
Speaker 6: Well, tributes are pouring in following the death of Dolly Parton with some of the biggest names in music and Hollywood, remembering her talent, kindness, and one-of-a-kind personality. And my favorite tribute came from fellow country singer Kacey Musgraves.
Speaker 8: Who wrote, the world feels a lot less sparkly all of a sudden.
Speaker 6: Even the Empire State Building I saw last night was all lit up in hot pink. Passed away at Vanderbilt University Medical Center yesterday morning where she'd been hospitalized since Friday. And behind the scenes, we just learned she had been battling cancer. I remember when one of the many times she was a guest on Jimmy Fallon's show and they were talking about Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 11: You know, I love her to death. My husband is crazy about her.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah? Yes.
Speaker 11: And he was more excited that I was going to do a movie with her than he was that I got the chance to write all this music. See, I think he kind of fantasizes like a threesome.
Speaker 19: Hey, Carl, go to bed.
Speaker 2: Hey, Carl, go to bed. Oh.
Speaker 11: I mean, I think he can't even get it off the pavement, so let's get it off the pavement.
Speaker 6: That's so great.
Speaker 4: That's so great.
Speaker 6: 80 years old, did not look nor act a day over, I don't know, 30.
Speaker 8: I feel like. Everybody said, well, you're 80 years old.
Speaker 7: You're going to be 80 years old.
Speaker 1: I said, well, so what?
Speaker 7: Look at all I've done.
Speaker 8: In 80 years.
Speaker 11: I just feel like I'm just getting started. I know that sounds stupid, but I think there's a lot.
Speaker 2: To be said. about age.
Speaker 11: If you allow yourself to get old, you will. And people say, well, how come you don't seem to get old? I say, because I ain't got time to get old. I ain't got time to dwell on that. That's not what I'm thinking about.
Speaker 2: I think, what?
Speaker 8: I'm going to be 80?
Speaker 11: They're going to celebrate me being 80? You know, not that anybody would want to celebrate that, but there is a celebration in the fact that I have done so much in that time and that I'm still doing it.
Speaker 8: I'm grateful for that. That actually makes me tear up because that wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Did she ever have kids?
Speaker 22: No.
Speaker 2: No, you want to hear about that?
Speaker 42: No.
Speaker 2: She and her husband never had kids, but she loved children so much, especially with that reading program that she had.
Speaker 8: Imagination Library. Imagination Library.
Speaker 30: You have the tree houses, you have the parks, you have the nieces and nephews, but you never had children yourself.
Speaker 11: Well, we always thought we wanted children, and we were on the road. When we first got married, I figured we'd have kids. We had names for them, you know, as you do when you're dating and when.
Speaker 7: You're first married.
Speaker 27: Years went by.
Speaker 11: You know, we would try to plan when we were going to have it. And then life caught up and, you know, we just never got pregnant. And then I got too old to do it. And so it just never happened. But I really honestly believe that some things like that are meant to be because now everybody's kids are mine.
Speaker 8: Something else while we're talking about her.
Speaker 6: Years before she passed, she revealed the song that she hoped her family would sing at her funeral. And it's not I Will Always Love You. She actually talked about how she was at Whitney Houston's funeral. She said she sobbed when they played that song at Whitney's funeral. But for her own funeral, which, by the way, will be very small, only close family attending, she wanted the old country gospel song, If We Never Met Again. And it's about being separated from your loved ones on earth, but then reuniting with them in heaven. That song had really deep meaning for Dolly because it was her daddy's favorite song. And her family sang it at his funeral after his death in 2000. And she said, then my family will be singing this at mine too.
Speaker 2: Listen, I look at all these videos of Dolly Parton, even one that was just recent of her talking about 80. And I got to be honest, she is still so attractive, like she's an attractive older woman. Like you look at what she looked like when she was younger and a younger girl. She's, and this is take the boobs aside. Cause obviously she was famous for her boobs. She had a beautiful face. I mean, she was, but I think that her, her beauty was, Her inner, you know, beauty of a human being.
Speaker 8: Her kindness.
Speaker 2: I mean, her personality is funny as hell. That Fallon clip is hysterical.
Speaker 13: I'm glad she rested in peace, though, because there have been several stories recently that have come out where the family or whoever have, like, tried to make it sound like.
Speaker 2: It wasn't what it was.
Speaker 8: Something was going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I think we all kind of thought something was up, so I'm glad she's resting in peace.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And real quick, one more dirty story to tell you about this morning.
Speaker 6: Simon Cowell, if you're an AGT fan, is stepping away from America's Got Talent for a couple of weeks to undergo another back surgery. I don't know if you remember this, but in 2020, he was thrown off of his brand new e-bike.
Speaker 2: Those are dangerous.
Speaker 8: Landed on his back.
Speaker 6: Had like a five-hour operation six years ago. Was super close to shattering his spine and not walking again. But he did suffer some long-term nerve damage.
Speaker 2: He was fine.
Speaker 6: So now this this time around, the surgery is routine. He is expected to return to the show in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm blown away at how many parents let their kids ride those things with how dangerous those things are.
Speaker 35: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like you like I would never get my parents would never like buy me a motorcycle or something. It basically is a motorcycle that you're letting your kids get on. And those things are crazy dangerous. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 48: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If you miss anything from today, go back and listen to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hi, this is Simon Cowell. More of Mojo in the Morning is next.
Speaker 1: Celebrity dirt.
Speaker 2: Directly from the source.
Speaker 31: It's Mojo in the Morning's Dirty on the 30.
Speaker 2: All right. We are giving you a chance to win. So we have had, what do we got here? Four qualifiers so far. This is our fifth. We'll only do 10 for the week. So you have a 1 in 10 chance of winning. And Renee, you're in. Congratulations to you. Yeah!
Speaker 15: Woo-hoo!
Speaker 22: Yeah!
Speaker 28: Woo-hoo!
Speaker 2: Mojo in the mornings. B's and C's get degrees. We're giving away breast augmentation from Allure Med Spa. And tell us, Renee from Lapeer, about you.
Speaker 48: I'm 48.
Speaker 39: I have three almost grown children.
Speaker 25: And I would just like a fresh look.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: Go dolly on them. Wouldn't that be amazing?
Speaker 34: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I'm not going to. These contests make me. Like, when we do Breast Christmas Ever in the past, I used to get so uncomfortable asking women about their breasts. Well, I'm a saggy C.
Speaker 49: How's that?
Speaker 4: A saggy C.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think I'm a saggy D. Hey, congratulations to you. You got a $ 200 gift card to Allure. Thank you. Med Spa. Congratulations.
Speaker 43: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Awesome. 47 minutes away from doing another giveaway. so make sure that you're listening, okay, for everybody else.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Love you, Renee. Okay.
Speaker 37: Love you, too.
Speaker 26: First time all the time.
Speaker 47: Hey.
Speaker 2: Hang on one second. All right, it's Mojo in the morning show. It is interesting how you look at your parents' And then you start seeing your life kind of almost modeling what their life was. Even though I used to always say, I will never be my parent. You know what I mean? Like, I would do that all the time. I remember one thing when I was growing up. I used to hate when my mom would lick her fingers and she would wipe things off my face. I'm like, that was so disgusting. And I find myself, or I found myself doing that just to random kids I walked by.
Speaker 14: Yuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not even my kids. Not to get you six to ten. Actually, when I... I remember it might have been Jacob. Jacob had like jelly on his, you know, his thing. And he had, and I'm like, I'm going to do it. And he was so grossed out. And Chelsea's like, would you want somebody to do that? And she starts doing it to me, getting back at me. But Kev wants to bring up something that deals with his parents, but about their relationship. Well, I want to ask a question. Okay.
Speaker 13: And kind of let me set the scene. So my friend Lindsey threw an event this past weekend. A beautiful event was called Love at Last. It was like a talent showcase where she had different artists and they all were singers and they told a story through love songs. And she brought up some people from Memphis and she brought up this guy from Florida.
Speaker 2: And the guy from Florida.
Speaker 13: Sang a cover of a bunch of popular songs, but then he did an original piece and he dedicated to his wife who was in the crowd.
Speaker 2: And he said, man, my wife, I thank her so much. This is her favorite song.
Speaker 13: When I was done with music and put everything up in the closet, she was the one that told me to keep going. He said all these beautiful things. And then he said, and today is my parents' 26th anniversary. And it's because of their love that I saw growing up, that.
Speaker 2: I love my wife. And he drew that connection.
Speaker 13: And when he said that, it made me think like, man, like he feels as though in his relationship, he's the husband that he is because of the love that he saw between his parents.
Speaker 2: And it made me think in that very moment, I was like, wow. What in my life, in.
Speaker 13: Terms of how I deal with women and my relationships, how much of that is because of what I saw and experienced growing up between my mom and my dad? And I just wanted to ask the question, like, do you feel like your relationships. How much of it is impacted by what you experienced growing up between your mom and dad?
Speaker 2: Tell the listeners about your mom and your dad's relationship.
Speaker 3: Oh, man.
Speaker 2: Or what you believe.
Speaker 13: Man, my mom and my dad, I think they were married 30 years. They had a big, beautiful wedding. I was at my mom's house yesterday going through photo albums.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 13: Biggest wedding I've ever seen. Beautiful gown. Rolls Royce. About 15, 11 bridesmaids and grooms. They had an incredible wedding, incredible marriage. And at some point, That fairy tale turned into a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Uh-oh.
Speaker 13: And it eventually resulted in them being divorced.
Speaker 8: How old were you when your parents got divorced?
Speaker 2: I was grown. I was probably like 18. But like the marriage, you know, it wasn't like it was perfect and then one day they got divorced.
Speaker 13: You know what I mean? Like it was falling apart, so to speak, a few years up until that.
Speaker 2: Um, your dad, your dad went to jail when you were younger though, much younger.
Speaker 13: The way he said it on air, like it was three years. I remember it being five, but how are you going to tell the man that was in jail?
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 13: But your, but your parents' relationship survived that. Yeah, my mom held it down. She for sure was ride or die. Allowed us to go, took us to go see him many times. And when he came out, they got together. Yeah, they got back together and, you know, whatever happened between them is what happened between them that ultimately dissolved the relationship. But I just, I was thinking like, man, how do I show up in relationships and how is that a byproduct of maybe something that I experienced?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: Are you finding similarities, do you think?
Speaker 13: I don't know what to look for. You know what I mean? And say it was like, you know, any similarities in that regard.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 13: I think that there are people and I've heard this many times. People are like, yeah, my parents have been married 40 or 50 years and they saw a love in their household that they grew up with.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if.
Speaker 13: They try to emulate that or mirror that, but it aids them and guides them in their relationship.
Speaker 8: I'm always jealous when people can say that.
Speaker 6: Well, when when I meet people that are like, oh, I love like my parents, you know, I love I love their love. I want to model, you know, my my relationship, my marriage after their marriage. My parents have been married for 40 years or 50 years. I'm like, oh, that's really cool. I did not have that. My parents got divorced when I was in kindergarten. And so I like it's so weird. I was thinking I kind of zoned out when you were talking because I'm like, I don't know what my parents were like when they were married. because I was five and a half when they got divorced, so I don't know what they were like as a married couple.
Speaker 2: Do you ever see your parents in either your past relationship or this relationship? Do you ever see anything? You don't remember anything about your mom and dad being together?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 13: Did you feel like when you got divorced that you was repeating the cycle that you saw?
Speaker 33: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that played a part.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And it's interesting because I feel like and Wes would agree with me, and actually my ex-husband I know agrees with me, we are all very cognizant of now wanting to model a healthy, not perfect, but a healthy relationship for the kids.
Speaker 2: My dad and mom, they loved each other, but it's funny, I never saw, like, my dad was kind of like a little bit of a flirt and stuff like that, and I used to see, my mom was sick my whole life. I saw my dad taking care of my mom. So when I saw my dad taking care of my mom, to me, that was like a really big thing for me to realize how amazing of a husband he was because he had to take care of her through her cancer and stuff like that. But it's wild because I think I only remember my parents having sex once and they had six kids. And I think my mom had like two miscarriages. So I think they definitely had sex a lot. But I remember one time, and I know this is weird, for this and going this way. But I remember one time my mom used to let me watch TV with her in her bedroom. Like we would watch TV and I couldn't watch TV in the bedroom. Cause my dad said the TV was off limits that night. And I think my dad was.
Speaker 13: But let me ask you, when you talk about your dad taking care of your mom through cancer, did you think about that when you were taking care of Chelsea?
Speaker 2: Um, I think that I, I think I was the cancer thing when Chelsea told me she had cancer or when the doctor told us that she had cancer. it brought back so many memories of me as a, you know, a kid dealing with that. So that was tough. But, um, I, I don't think I was as good as my dad. Like my dad was, he, my dad was amazing. Like he was, he did everything. I remember my dad picking my mom up and carrying her because she was in a wheelchair and couldn't, her legs, you know, towards the end, which didn't function. And he's carrying her in like, it was honestly one of the most beautiful things that you remember as a, as a kid.
Speaker 6: But, I think there are a lot of people too that take whatever they saw in.
Speaker 8: Their parents' marriage and want to do the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like I look at Wes and he, his mom and his dad, his dad was not a nice man.
Speaker 8: He was abusive. He was cruel.
Speaker 6: He was a terrible husband and a terrible dad. And Wes has always said, like, I want to be the opposite of that. I want to have the opposite marriage of that.
Speaker 2: We've, we've said this numerous times with Chelsea and I talked about this. Cause I think, I think, you know, we're happy with the fact that we have, have stayed together. But we also think that it wasn't healthy for the kids to see what we want. And I think there are some times when you're in a bad relationship, you have to say to yourself, if my son or daughter was in this type of relationship, would you want them to stay in that relationship? And so there are times when Chelsea and I's relationship was not great at all. And we would say that and say, you know, if the boys were in a relationship with somebody that, their relationship was like this, we wouldn't want them to stay in it. And sometimes, honestly, sometimes that's the best thing you can do for your kids. Um, you know, cause I think with Joe getting married, I just don't want him to all, all of a sudden, I don't want him to give up, like don't ever give up. But if you get married and something crazy goes on at all, you have, you have ability to be able to make a choice, you know, but Becky, what'd you want to say?
Speaker 39: Hey, how are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: This is deep. We're deep today.
Speaker 23: Yeah, for real.
Speaker 27: And honestly, like, I feel like as far as that goes, no matter what your experience was with, like, your parents' dynamic or who raised you, it's going to impact how you do your relationships regardless.
Speaker 18: For sure.
Speaker 27: It might be negatively.
Speaker 2: It might be positive.
Speaker 20: It might teach you what you should do. It might teach you what you shouldn't do.
Speaker 18: It might teach you what you shouldn't do, and you may still do things.
Speaker 5: The same things that they do, you know, like repeat.
Speaker 27: Patterns and stuff like that.
Speaker 20: But there's no way.
Speaker 27: That you have these parents or whatever adults are in your formative years and stuff. It's going to affect your relationships as an adult and otherwise. So, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, thank you. Thank you for the call. I think you, you see, you see that as your example, right? Des, what's up Des?
Speaker 29: Hey, how you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Doing good, Des. What's up?
Speaker 44: So I definitely think that seeing what my.
Speaker 20: Parents did and went through affected me.
Speaker 44: So I grew up with four dads. I remember having four dads my entire life.
Speaker 29: What do you mean? I have my biological dad. He has an identical twin brother.
Speaker 44: I have a stepdad and an adoptive dad. So I have four dads, and they've always been there. And my relationship today, I can't really be in a monogamous relationship because if four men who love me enough, like they came together, like these men took care of me together and they were all OK with it.
Speaker 29: Like I can't one person.
Speaker 2: It's just it's.
Speaker 20: It doesn't fit how I was raised to share love.
Speaker 44: Like I share love openly because of how I was like the man that, that taught me.
Speaker 2: Get Des's number for us. How many guys are in your life now?
Speaker 22: How many?
Speaker 29: I'm, I'm a free spirit, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 44: I mean, I don't, I go have fun where I want. I don't... There's not, like... I don't do relationships. I just do fun.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 50: I have fun.
Speaker 13: And you say that's because you had all of these male figures in your life.
Speaker 2: That's because of... No.
Speaker 44: I mean, them being in my life played a role, but it just taught me that, like, I don't.
Speaker 34: Being self, I don't know.
Speaker 44: I think, like, kind of wanting one person to love you only a way is kind of selfish. Because I learned, like, these people all loved me in the way that they could, which all made a part in my life.
Speaker 29: Like, so.
Speaker 2: Your mom with multiple guys?
Speaker 20: Well, my mom has multiple children.
Speaker 2: No, okay, from different men. Okay. So it's interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 32: Hey.
Speaker 2: That's what you went.
Speaker 4: Whatever works for you.
Speaker 2: That's right. Nicole, what's up?
Speaker 20: Hi, Rojo.
Speaker 35: Hi.
Speaker 23: So I thought you were divorced.
Speaker 51: So I had my parents after 42 years, they divorced.
Speaker 2: Wow. I'm always blown away when I hear that people are getting divorced and they've been together for 42 years. What took them so long?
Speaker 39: I wish it would have happened.
Speaker 51: When I was five to be honest with you. I don't know. They say it's the kids and then they all get married and it's like, then it's what, what are you doing after we all got married?
Speaker 20: I don't know.
Speaker 51: But the most messed up part was I was trying to tell Lydia was my parents got the divorce and then my brother got a divorce and then I got a divorce.
Speaker 2: Oh my God.
Speaker 51: And it's like, and it was all within like two years.
Speaker 2: Do you say that?
Speaker 51: And it makes you wonder like.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, I was going to say what you're going to make me wonder and I'll ask you the question.
Speaker 20: It makes me want to wonder, like, does it affect me?
Speaker 51: Like if they would have got divorced when I was younger, would I have maybe looked at life and situations in a little bit differently and not been like.
Speaker 20: Wow, just fight the whole time.
Speaker 51: And, or, or maybe I should stay with them because they'll get married or because I have kids.
Speaker 2: Here's my question. Here's my question. It seems like after they got divorced, it made all of you and your family go, you know what? I'm not happy either. And I wonder if them staying together through an unhappy situation, was a bad example of what you guys decided that you were going to do as your relationships. You know?
Speaker 18: That is the.
Speaker 20: Best way you could have put it.
Speaker 51: I think that's honestly the best way to think about it because it did. I mean, like, my brother had a perfect marriage, I thought.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 51: Like, I was so jealous and envious of the relationship.
Speaker 17: And then I'm like, they got divorced too.
Speaker 50: I'm like, wow.
Speaker 26: What the hell am I doing over here?
Speaker 6: It's like your parents doing that gave you guys the permission to go, yeah, we are unhappy.
Speaker 28: Right.
Speaker 25: And then.
Speaker 29: Correct.
Speaker 51: And then I said that I married this person. I was married for three years, and now I'm dating a woman.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 51: It was like, you know, right.
Speaker 2: That took a turn.
Speaker 26: Right, Kevin?
Speaker 20: Let's bring it differently.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, thank you for the call. I appreciate it. So, Kev, when you listen to this and you do this, you ever think that you should talk to your parents about that? Like, say, hey, tell me. I think that if I'm being.
Speaker 13: Completely honest, I don't think my dad was a great husband to my mom. And he shared certain things with me that I look back and say, you know, I'll never do. I do think he loved my mom. I think he was a great dad to myself and my sister. But I don't think he loved her the way that she needed and deserved to be loved. And I think in order for me to transition from single Kev to being married Kev, Whatever woman that is, I need to take my time, my patience, and be extremely intentional with how I show up in that relationship.
Speaker 2: That's good. Well, then that means that he was, as crazy as it sounds, a good example for you. Because you saw the example of what you didn't want and don't want. That's why I'm the type of father I am, too. Oh, I like that. It's a good topic. This is deep. No, this is really good. It gets deep. I love my dad, though. That is, yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 8: Both your mom and your dad are so great.
Speaker 2: They are. One of the things you don't realize until you become a parent is parents are not perfect. And we all looked that parents were perfect. And when our parents did something, you know, when we experienced what, you know, they are going through by trying to parent our kids, we realized, oh, my God, this is harder than we thought. So, all right.
Speaker 1: One and done on the dating, eh? Why no second date? Second date update happens at 820.
Speaker 5: On Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, before I kick off the second half of the show.
Speaker 8: Someone's home.
Speaker 2: My garage door just opened. I think I forgot to put the garbage out for garbage day, so Chelsea's doing that now. All right, it's Mojo in the Morning show. Shannon had... Something happened to her. Was this yesterday that this happened? That now she's looking back on and she wishes she would have done something different.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I just wonder, like, what do you guys do in this situation? So Smith and I, Smith is my almost third grader. We were running some errands yesterday.
Speaker 8: We were in Target.
Speaker 6: And this very kind man approached me in an aisle. He was with his son who was maybe like three or four years old.
Speaker 8: And he said, hey, compliment in my hat. And he said, can I ask you a question? And I said, sure.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking he's going to be like, where can I find the peanut butter or whatever? Well, he explained to me very quietly that he and his son were homeless and he was wondering if I could help them out. And I felt bad because truly he looked like he needed help. I did not have a single dollar on me. I very rarely carry cash on me. And so I said, hey, like truly, I don't have any money on me, but how about this? We have a lot of shopping left to do, but when I go up to the front to check out, if I see you up there, I will very happily pay for all of the items in your cart.
Speaker 8: And he was like, okay, great. So Smith and I continue shopping.
Speaker 6: I can kind of see him as we go throughout the store approaching other people as well, probably telling them the same thing. It's time for Smith and I to check out. We go through self-checkout. I don't see this man anywhere. or his son up there. And I'm like, okay, you know, whatever. I wasn't going to go back through the store to look for him at that point to then bring him up and use my card.
Speaker 8: But if it worked out, it worked out and that would be great.
Speaker 6: Well, when we were pushing our cart out to the parking lot, I see him and his son and they're being escorted out by asset protection security.
Speaker 8: So I don't know what happened.
Speaker 6: He had a cart that was filled with a few items and they made him leave his car and escorted him out. So I don't know if somebody got upset that he was Approaching them, asking for money or what the deal was, but they were escorting them out.
Speaker 2: So what do you wish that would have happened?
Speaker 6: Well, so what ended up happening was, unbeknownst to me, my sweet little boy had a $ 20 bill in his pocket that he.
Speaker 8: Brought from his stash.
Speaker 2: His dad's wallet? Probably.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 8: He went up to them and gave it to him.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God. That's awesome.
Speaker 6: I truly had no idea. I truly did not tell him to do that. It was the sweetest thing. And this man was so appreciative. And we got in the car and I looked at him and I said, Smith. Like you don't even understand how proud mama is because one, I didn't know you had that in your pocket. And he was like, well, I was kind of scared to give it to him when he asked because I didn't know if it was a scam or not.
Speaker 2: He's so smart.
Speaker 8: But he goes, I felt bad when they were kicking them out of the store. But it's like, what do you do? That worked out beautifully.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It worked.
Speaker 6: That worked out so beautifully yesterday. It was such a good thing for Smith.
Speaker 2: And he was so happy. Did the guy use that money then to go do something or you just didn't see that? You guys.
Speaker 8: I don't know, because this this happened in the parking lot.
Speaker 37: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So he was already at a target. And like I said, he had been escorted out.
Speaker 8: So I don't know. Like, I hope I hope.
Speaker 6: It wasn't a case where he was like, got caught taking something or I don't know.
Speaker 2: But has anybody ever had this happen to them before? Like where they have had like I've had people come up to me all the time and they'll want You know, I want to, can I get money for food or whatever?
Speaker 8: Or like at the gas station it happens.
Speaker 2: Oh, it happens a lot. Chelsea actually, you know, Chelsea used to do intake for a homeless shelter. And she worked there for a number of years. And she used to say that one of the things that their training always taught was it's okay to go buy food for somebody, but you don't know what's going to go.
Speaker 8: Which is why I said what I said to this man. I mean, also, I really didn't have any money on me, but.
Speaker 2: But I but you look at this case like of, hey, I'll I'll take care of this for you. And if you look at what he's got inside of his cart and it's all stuff that is a necessity that he needs. And he was with a kid.
Speaker 35: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And he had like bottled water cereal milk.
Speaker 2: Oh my god yeah if he's buying that anybody buying milk nowadays you know what I mean if they're buying milk I'll buy the milk cause nobody buys milk anymore.
Speaker 13: I always try to let the lure use me like whatever I feel cause I don't give to everybody you know what I mean but when I feel led to give to somebody if I rarely like you I rarely have cash I started to carry around, it was like a summer, randomly, I had, like, oranges. And I started to, like, I would give, I was like, I don't got no money, would you like an orange? Some people would turn me down, some people would take it. Water, some people would take it, some people would turn you down for it. I used to carry water in the back of my car for that reason.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I remember one time, though, this was back at Quicken, they used to buy lunch crazy. So they had Jimmy John's, and they had, like, the little sandwiches. And at the end of the work shift, it was like a whole... catering tray. So I took it because I had an event I was about to go to. I'm like, let me feed the homies. So I'm walking down in Greektown and I see a guy, you know, he had his palette, you know, all the things. And I'm like, would you like some food? And I gave him the whole thing. He was like, thank you so much. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I went to my event, came out, it was thrown up all over the sidewalk. What do you mean? You got sick? I guess.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 22: Oh.
Speaker 4: Poor guy. This happens to me.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Jimmy John's fault, but the guy might have had something else besides that. I just want to make sure.
Speaker 9: This happens to me often downtown, and I do buy them food, but then I realize that's what everyone's doing for them, and I'm like, what else could they need? So I saved some numbers in my phone, and now I'll be like, hey, do you want me to call? There's a shelter around the corner. See if they have a space for you to sleep or something or a shower. Because truly everyone is giving them food and they just have like all this food piled up.
Speaker 2: Next to them. My story that I want to bring up, and it's totally different than this one. When I lived in Tucson, Arizona, there was an infamous guy that used to go out and he would... They had... In Arizona, there was somebody on a street corner everywhere. They had them in the middle median. Like people would be just standing there with their signs and sitting there for hours and hours and hours, even in the heat. And this guy... was caught by the local TV station as being a guy that didn't need the money. Like it wasn't one of those situations and they busted him. I'll never forget. It was like, I think it was KVO, a TV for the NBC affiliate did a hidden thing, seeing him get into with his kid. Cause he would be out there with his kid. Like the nicest brand new Mercedes that was out at that time. And I'm looking at that going, don't be a menace. But you can't let a moment, like one guy like that steal your joy of helping.
Speaker 20: I agree.
Speaker 6: And Smith even said yesterday, because I said, what do you mean you thought it might be a scam?
Speaker 8: And he's like, well, what if he uses it to buy like wine? He thinks wine.
Speaker 6: And I said, you know what? We leave it up to God at this point. You give him, you did something so nice.
Speaker 2: If he buys a Bordeaux or a Malbec, I don't even know wines. What's up, Shannon? How you doing? Listener Shannon.
Speaker 33: Hey, I'm good.
Speaker 20: How are you guys? Good.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 28: So we were in downtown Las Vegas, Fremont street. And this homeless man approached me for money for food.
Speaker 20: We didn't have any cash.
Speaker 28: We were going on to dinner. Went to dinner, had a ton of leftover food, tracked him down to give him this food, and he pushed it back at me and said, I don't want your.
Speaker 26: Food, bish.
Speaker 2: Oh, man. Oh, damn.
Speaker 20: I felt like it.
Speaker 28: Was almost like I offended him.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's crazy. What did you do? Just walked off or what?
Speaker 28: So, yeah, so then I found another homeless person and offered it to him, and he literally took it, and we watched him stand.
Speaker 20: There and eat it.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 36: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's the right guy. That's great.
Speaker 19: So it worked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thank you for the call. What's up, Anissa?
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 39: So I also work downtown. I've worked downtown since 2015. A couple of things I do to help the homeless is I'll carry like water bottles in my car. I carry hand warmers for the winter.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 39: Sometimes I'll carry like, yeah, because it's too cold. I'll carry individual like snacks. And then I haven't done it recently, but there were times where I would collect donations from people like hats, gloves and everything. And if I just saw someone laying on the ground, I would just leave like a surprise, like a little goodie.
Speaker 2: Bag for them. If you've never done this before, volunteer at one of the shelters or organizations in town, but I did count day a couple of times. So we'd basically go out in the streets and find all those people and, you know, get a kind of account of that. And I don't even know if they still do it anymore because I feel like the Our government doesn't help anybody anymore. But long story. I agree. Long story short, that was something that some of the people on the county would do. And they would pass out like little goodie bags and stuff. And honestly, they were they looked like the goodie bags that you would have like your kid's birthday party. But they would have all the essentials like toothbrushes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's up, Maha?
Speaker 16: What's up?
Speaker 33: First time, long time. Yeah, Maha on the phone.
Speaker 34: So I go to Costco all the time, and there's this homeless man that sits on the corner of Warren and Southfield. And I bring him pizza all the time.
Speaker 29: Two slices, a pop, and some water.
Speaker 34: Takes it.
Speaker 20: Very grateful.
Speaker 29: So I was like, he's probably sick of pizza. I said, what do you like?
Speaker 34: What are you in the mood for? And he goes, I want.
Speaker 33: I want.
Speaker 34: A breakfast sandwich from Burger King.
Speaker 2: I miss those.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 34: He goes, but please, no cheese. I'm lactose intolerant. And I look at him and I go, I've been bringing you pizza all this time and you never said anything. And he goes, beggars can't be choosers. I just pick it off and I'm just grateful for whatever.
Speaker 19: You bring me.
Speaker 8: Oh, what a sweet man.
Speaker 34: And I just never brought him pizza again.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's awesome. That's dope. That's incredible that you do that. Thank you for the call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 20: There's no problem.
Speaker 13: I remember one time, because I used to buy two bowls at Chipotle, and there was this guy like on the, what was it, like nine mile coming off the lodge? And I was like, reluctantly, but I felt led.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, man. Would you like my bowl? He was like, it don't have chives on it.
Speaker 13: Do it.
Speaker 2: I was like, you can't win, bro. Hold on, real quick. Jennifer, you work for a nonprofit, and you wanted to give people information on how they can help.
Speaker 50: Yes, I work for a nonprofit called Community Housing Network in Troy, and they can call us and we can provide them with resources to get food or give them a link to go to a shelter. And sometimes if they are truly homeless, they can provide a homeless verification letter from one of our approved agencies, and we can possibly.
Speaker 52: do a.
Speaker 50: Screening for them, and if they qualify, get them on a list to get them housing.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's great.
Speaker 50: Of course, there's no, like, guarantee or timeline. Yeah, of, like, if or when they'll be called, but it's a step towards getting them housing.
Speaker 1: What's it called again?
Speaker 50: Community Housing Network in Troy.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 50: It's been there for 25 years, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's truly an amazing organization. Quick question for you. I've seen some homeless people, they're homeless with cell phones.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: How do they have the ability to pay for the cell phones?
Speaker 50: So sometimes those are government phones. So if you're on Medicaid or receiving SNAP benefits, it's a free phone. The government pays for it.
Speaker 2: All right, good. Well, thank you. Appreciate you. WKQI Detroit.
Speaker 40: WSNX Muskegon Grand Rapids.
Speaker 2: WVKS Toledo.
Speaker 1: An iHeart radio station. Guaranteed human. Real stories. Real laughs. Real dog.
Speaker 2: Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 28: Live.
Speaker 12: Mojo. 5, 4, 3, 2... One.
Speaker 45: Ignition sequence start.
Speaker 1: Let me take y'all back to the beginning.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: All right, are you ready? You're listening to Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: You're a doo-doo hat.
Speaker 9: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Second date update coming up here in moments on the Mojo in the Morning show. We're going to find out why you're not getting a call back after you went on a date. They met on Hinge and they actually have been out on a couple of dates and they went for dinner and drinks and Had a sleepover only to have now no call afterwards. So we'll find out what's going on. That's on the way. Also coming up this hour on the show, you'll hear within the next hour, UFOs and deep X. I'll have that topic for you. Anna with what did you do on the clock? Call yourself out. And Mike's going to join us this morning with a topic. Mike brought something up on his B93 country morning show in Grand Rapids that his listeners went crazy off on him. They told Mike that they thought he was nuts. And I'll tell you what this story is, and then I want you to respond. So Mike's kids just went back to school like a week ago, and Mike already wants to pull them out for a vacation. And all of his listeners on B93, the country station, number one country station in the state of Michigan, by the way, biggest radians in Michigan, They all went nuts on Mike. Like, you're a bad parent. So I want to see if our listeners feel the same way. Or maybe we have more horrible parents on our station. My kind of dad. Um, all right. Mojo in the morning show. So went out, uh, for dinner last night or went out, Chelsea nights, went to go grab something. And we were sitting at, uh, a bar eating, uh, some wings. And we ordered, uh, some other stuff. I don't, I don't know why when I tell a story, I'm the worst. I sit there and I'll give you like too much of the information. I know it's horrible. Well, We started talking to these guys that were sitting across from us at the bar. And the guys were like asking us questions and I wasn't feeling great. And they said, they said, oh, you got something? I said, I don't know, but we just got back from Ireland and I wasn't feeling good. This guy goes crazy. Oh my God. I just, I went to Ireland like a week, you know, he's like going through this whole thing. I think it was like a couple of years ago or a year ago. And he took his wife and kids and they went all the Ireland. They traveled the whole country. They did the whole country in eight days. It was amazing driving around, which, by the way, you could probably do it because it's not a huge country. So he's telling us, he's like, I got to show you. I saw UFOs in Ireland. And I was like, I try to like think that I believe in UFOs, but there's times where I sit there and I go.
Speaker 8: I mean, I do.
Speaker 2: There's something. I do. OK. So he's telling how he took these pictures in Ireland and there's UFOs all over the place. All right. Well, this is where the because I titled this topic. UFOs and D-pics. The guy comes walking over to Chelsea and I, and he's a really nice guy. And he comes walking over, he's friends with our friend, Steve Gans. So he comes over and he's got his phone. And he says, as he's looking in these pictures in Ireland, and you know how you can pull up like pictures on your iPhone. This guy's iPhone in his palm of his hand and Chelsea's right next to him, like wanting to see these UFOs. And he goes, you know, I didn't bring my glasses with, so I really can't see. And he's, like, going through and scrolling. All of a sudden, the guy's got, like, a D-pick.
Speaker 8: Why do people do that?
Speaker 2: What did Chelsea do? Chelsea turned away. Chelsea just turned away at that moment. And it was, like, see? An unidentified flying object. But it was pretty funny how she reacted to it. Like, she... was really good about it. But then he showed us these pictures and these pictures where it was like some, there's a castle in the background, but then there's like, the sky is all like cloudy and stuff. And you literally see multiple, what it, it are specs in the sky that in a perfectly blue and then fluffy, cloudy, white sky, these specs are, And he showed us the live photos.
Speaker 8: It's not drone.
Speaker 2: Like, you know how you see the photos? Can I tell you something? That would be a million drones. Like, there'd be a lot of drones to have, like, right next to each other. They were black. They looked like little flying saucers. You know what I mean? It's real, bro.
Speaker 13: You've seen those, or maybe you haven't, but, like, not Supreme Court. What do they call it when all the senators are there? Like, what Fauci just went through.
Speaker 2: A Senate hearing. Like, a Senate hearing?
Speaker 13: I've seen those Senate hearings where you have individuals... who are from government agencies, high-ranking officers in the Army, or I think this particular one was the Air Force, Where they're starting to uncover and testify under oath, people be lying, whatever the case is, that these things are not make believe. These are actual events that have occurred. And some often say it is not just happening in space, but it's happening in the ocean as well. The Navy has said that they've seen large objects that go underwater that move at a speed in which nothing that they've ever documented could potentially go that fast. no ship can move as fast as some things that they've seen underwater.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear like where you saw a, you know, your, your UFO or where, you know, where you were. Cause I, you hear these stories all the time and then you hear the crazy stories of the people that say, I met an alien.
Speaker 6: No, I want to hear those stories. I am not going to judge. I just want to listen.
Speaker 2: I'm fascinated. I love, I was sitting in my garage and they just sat there and questioned me. You know what I mean? Um, But I also do think that it's funny to go back to the deep head thing. Has that ever happened to you where somebody, a friend or whatever, is showing you something in their phone? And then here comes, you know, either naked in front of the mirror. You scroll a little bit too many times to the left. The greatest is this guy. I'm guessing this guy is like 50 something. You know what I mean? And he's just a dude just sitting there.
Speaker 4: Did he know Chelsea saw it?
Speaker 30: Was he like, oh, sorry.
Speaker 2: No, but the funny thing is, and this is the part that I think is quite humorous with this whole thing, is you don't picture guys like that. You don't picture guys taking pictures of their pud, you know? Their pud?
Speaker 35: What?
Speaker 2: What is that word?
Speaker 6: Jesus, please never use that again. Do not use that word again.
Speaker 2: It alliterates.
Speaker 8: What is that?
Speaker 2: What's up? What's the alliteration? Pictures with puds. What's going on, Sam? How you doing?
Speaker 8: Have you ever heard that word before?
Speaker 1: Never in my life.
Speaker 13: What's up, man?
Speaker 2: Hey, I seen a UFO, man.
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 18: I was a little wasted, but I was flying in it.
Speaker 44: Oh, you were flying in it?
Speaker 50: Man, I looked out the window.
Speaker 20: I started screaming and everything, and.
Speaker 2: Nobody believed me. What did it look like?
Speaker 18: It was silver, and it was glowing.
Speaker 20: I promise you, as soon as we was coming into Houston, it was outside.
Speaker 38: The window, man.
Speaker 2: It wasn't mosquitoes.
Speaker 22: It wasn't mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: I promise you. I believe him. Come on. Are you serious? I'm dead ass, bro.
Speaker 38: I was flying into Houston a few years ago, and I looked out the window, and there was, like, a little saucer that was, like, right in parallel with the plane.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Wow, did you slap the person sitting next to you and say, look out there?
Speaker 20: I was like, yo, look at this, look at this.
Speaker 2: Nobody believe me. That's wild. They're all like, this guy's crazy. That's not. I loved how you set it up, though, at the beginning. Like, I was drunk.
Speaker 8: It wasn't the Tito's.
Speaker 2: What's up, Haley? How you doing?
Speaker 45: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 22: Good.
Speaker 2: Did you have an encounter with an alien?
Speaker 35: So when I was 19, we were driving back from my ex-husband's military ball, and my phone suddenly just went dead on GPS.
Speaker 20: Last we saw, we.
Speaker 27: Still had about an hour and a half left to get there.
Speaker 35: Then we see this bright streak of light go across the sky, and we're like, oh, that's kind of cool, whatever.
Speaker 20: Brush it off.
Speaker 35: Two minutes later, we're right outside of base when we still had an hour and a half left.
Speaker 4: Right outside of what?
Speaker 20: What?
Speaker 35: Space?
Speaker 2: Base.
Speaker 39: The military base where we live.
Speaker 35: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 32: Wow.
Speaker 2: So they say that around these military bases, this happens a lot. See? You know? They monitor in us. Like, somebody called me one time that wanted to go on the air, and then they chickened out. And it was by Selfridge. that there was an issue by Selfridge. So, yeah, that's craziness. It's real. There are aliens walking amongst us.
Speaker 4: You think they're in, like, a little suit, like a human suit?
Speaker 2: I can see that. I can see that.
Speaker 13: I don't know, but I do believe that, obviously, I don't think that we're the only beings in this universe.
Speaker 2: There's no way. I'm trying to find a video somebody sent me one time. There was a video that I was sent of a guy videotaping a spaceship going across the sky out in Arizona. I cannot find the damn thing.
Speaker 6: It's so hard now because when you see something like that, I'm immediately like, AI.
Speaker 1: Or drone.
Speaker 8: It's fake. Or it's a drone. But I'm certain that some of them are real.
Speaker 2: Tamara, what's up, Tamara?
Speaker 34: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So I don't know what mine was. A couple of years ago, I was going to Florida in January for vacation. And the night before we were supposed to leave, I found out that our flights were canceled the following morning.
Speaker 20: So I'm like, well, OK, I don't care.
Speaker 34: I'm going.
Speaker 20: So I'm driving.
Speaker 18: So I left that night and we're just about into Kentucky. So close to getting close to Louisville.
Speaker 20: And we could see these lights in the sky.
Speaker 18: We thought they were planes. And as we're getting closer, though, they were not moving. And there were just dozens of them for miles all over. I'm like, what the heck is going on? I thought there has to be like an air show or they're promoting something. It has to be something. So when we got to Florida the next day, I Googled. And I looked everywhere for information trying to find out what these things were, but nothing. I mean, they were everywhere, just a couple hundred feet up.
Speaker 20: In the air.
Speaker 22: Ah. Wow.
Speaker 2: That's insane. It was crazy. I got to tell you, I want aliens to be true. And I want to experience what it would be like. You know what I mean? Like in another place. Like to me, it would be kind of wild. And I almost want them to be like, You know what I mean?
Speaker 26: Like, I want that.
Speaker 2: Like, I want them to, like, have, like... Like, I want them to be a little green, you know? And I want them to be, like... You know what I mean? Stuff like that. Like, I don't want it to all of a sudden be, hey, how you doing there? You know what's going on? But they say they're far more... advanced than we are. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Obviously, because of their technology, that's one indicator. Here's a question for you.
Speaker 2: Why do you think, and we have not seen this, why do you think the government won't disclose this and hasn't disclosed this up until like the last few years? I don't think we're ready for it. What are we not ready for? We're going to one day find out that they're.
Speaker 13: Because that's when all hell is going to break loose. And hopefully it's a way where us as humans band together at that point and stop being so divisive because it's us versus them.
Speaker 2: But why can't we live with them?
Speaker 13: Well, because I think that America's history, we haven't been so kind to things we don't understand, especially other beings.
Speaker 2: We feel threatened.
Speaker 13: That's why our military is so extensive, expansive, and we're ready to drop bombs on whoever. But I feel like the next major event that we're all tuned into, like if you think of 9-11, when that happened, not a TV screen showed anything else. The entire world was glued to that. I feel like when we have an alien type of situation, that's what it's going to be like, bro. It's going to set down the world like aliens in Montana. Like I, like why did they come down?
Speaker 2: Why is, but also the other thing too is why is it that whenever this happens, it only happens in areas that often like they don't go to big cities. Like they're, you know, they don't want to deal with, uh, you know, Dallas or anything like that. I guess area 51. Yeah. Uh, hold on a second. Uh, Joey, your girlfriend interviewed an alien?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 38: No, I didn't say that. Her cousin, I was talking so fast. Her cousin, they went to like a family reunion down in Arizona somewhere. Her cousin is a retired. He wouldn't say what department he worked for. He said that in the department he worked for, so many secrets, but he found out that one of the ones that they captured, they interviewed, and The alien said that they are from the future, and they started appearing because they didn't want– the world is supposed to be destroyed by nuclear arms. And they said once that started, they started monitoring the earth. And he said one of the aliens told– and it was a rumor in their department that that's what he told the agents, that– They are from the future. And he said that they start monitoring the Earth once the nuclear bomb starts.
Speaker 2: Were they sitting next to that dude on the airplane that was drinking all that Tito's? Exactly. No, man. That's our first caller. I'm telling you. By the way, what happens if the aliens come down to this Earth and says... First time, long time. I will love it.
Speaker 1: I will love it.
Speaker 2: Shannon's Dirty Under 30.
Speaker 1: In minutes. A mojo in the morning. Guaranteed human.
Speaker 2: All right, time now for second date update.
Speaker 1: It's the second date update. A mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: Why are you not getting a call after you went out on a date? We're going to find out here right now. Olivia, you guys have been on a couple of dates. I know that you guys met on Hinge, but you guys have gone out on a couple of dates. And tell everybody... where you guys spent the last time that you guys were together. Where'd you guys go?
Speaker 17: Well, we actually ended up going back to his place.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 17: Um, after we had like dinner and drinks, um, yeah, we hooked up and went back.
Speaker 2: To his place. And you spend the night.
Speaker 17: Oh, absolutely.
Speaker 2: We spent the night.
Speaker 17: We had, we went, The full third base.
Speaker 2: Third base.
Speaker 20: Really?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 17: We fully hooked up.
Speaker 4: Like we made.
Speaker 9: Nothing like happened unusual when you were at his house?
Speaker 17: No, I mean, we literally just went right into having sex and everything was fine. There was nothing weird or anything.
Speaker 2: And forgive me for asking this question, but was the sex good? I thought so.
Speaker 35: Yeah.
Speaker 17: And he seemed pretty happy.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, let's find out what's going on.
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's now not calling you back. He's not returning any calls or texts or anything. You guys haven't had another date since.
Speaker 8: No, nothing.
Speaker 2: All right. Olivia, say hi to Jared.
Speaker 17: Hi, Jared.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Olivia. Jared, you could hear on hold, obviously, Olivia talking to us. What's going on? Why the no call? What's going on?
Speaker 12: Well, she just, she has expectations, I think, that I'm just not ready to address.
Speaker 2: What are they? Did you hear me? What are the expectations?
Speaker 53: Yeah, yeah, she's just, she, okay, she's really pushy.
Speaker 2: She's really pushy.
Speaker 8: Like in what way?
Speaker 53: The morning, yeah, the morning after everything that she just talked about, she started deleting Hinge and changing all of her socials and stuff.
Speaker 12: And then she's pushing me to do the same thing. And it's just a lot.
Speaker 2: So the next, so hold on, the next morning she was doing what?
Speaker 53: Deleting her dating app and she wanted me to delete it. hinge as well and talking about getting serious and we're together and we're a couple and it was it was too much too quickly so Olivia why'd.
Speaker 2: You do that.
Speaker 17: Well why wouldn't I have done that I mean we had sex we've been on two dates like we solidified our relationship like we're going exclusive now you should be deleting the app I deleted my app because now I'm only.
Speaker 2: Seeing you so you think that by you guys going back and having sex that you were now exclusive with Jared?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 9: Is that something you talked about prior? Like once we do this, we're committed or is this an assumption?
Speaker 2: No, I thought it was obvious.
Speaker 6: This is screaming to me that you want to be in a relationship so bad that this, this is like, Very, very, very fast.
Speaker 2: What do you think about this, Lydia? What do you think of her doing that?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, I've done that before.
Speaker 2: Wait, what?
Speaker 10: So I went out with this guy. We probably went out on four dates, and we met on Hinge. And I was like, are you going to delete your profile or not? And he was kind of awkward about it, but then he did it right then and there, so I did it. But I'll never know if he redownloaded it.
Speaker 4: See, I kind of get that. Like, four dates.
Speaker 9: you should know if you want to be committed to me or this is just something.
Speaker 10: Well, then like three months in, he ended things with me and was like, I'm not over my ex. And I think I still want to date around with other people. So I shouldn't have jumped the gun. Cause I feel like I saw his character right then and there.
Speaker 13: I don't think you can identify that somebody is your one in four.
Speaker 26: Right.
Speaker 9: But like, it's more serious to me. Like if we're still going out after four dates, this.
Speaker 2: Is, I need to, I need to not date anybody else after four dates. We're together.
Speaker 4: No, but it's moving in that direction.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: You don't start deleting stuff. I don't know. Four dates is a little early for me. Am I crazy? I'm not crazy. I think four dates is a lot of dates. I mean, it's more dates than two dates and then sleeping with each other. But I think that the idea that the next morning you're sitting there in bed and you're like, hey, let's do it here. I think I would wait maybe a date or so and go. hey, where do you see us? Like, you know what I mean? Like, ask that question before you all of a sudden go, I'm going to start deleting all my apps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a different way to phrase it.
Speaker 6: I would also hope that I don't have to ask my person to delete the apps. That they would just delete the apps.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ashton wants to comment. What's up, Ashton? Second date update.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 14: I was just saying, I think he just immediately went to, or just immediately thought that having sex would make him be a thing.
Speaker 22: And in his mind, it's not working in that way. There's got to be some other things established before we be a couple. Just because we're hooking up doesn't mean we're a couple.
Speaker 2: Some people feel differently, though.
Speaker 13: There are some women out there that when they give themselves to you in that way, that that means you've been solidified as their mate and their partner.
Speaker 2: I think that's what she's on.
Speaker 9: I feel like a lot of women lean that way, but also that's a conversation that you have. Like, hey, if we're going to do this and move in this direction, then this is what I expect.
Speaker 2: Agree. Hey, Olivia, have you done this with any other guys that you've hooked up with? I'm not asking you how many guys you've hooked up with, but when you hook up with a guy, do you say the same thing to them?
Speaker 17: I would say this is the first one that I met on Hinge, so.
Speaker 37: No.
Speaker 17: I mean, it's the first time using a dating app for me. So it's like, okay, we found each other. This worked. Now we delete it.
Speaker 2: Now you get rid of the dating processes.
Speaker 32: Right.
Speaker 2: Okay. Hold on. Aaron, what's up, Aaron?
Speaker 21: Olivia sounds like a great woman to be with. Pushy and that would be a great attribute in a person.
Speaker 2: You're being joking, obviously, right? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 21: I'm being dead serious, Mojo.
Speaker 2: You like a girl that tells you what she wants you to do.
Speaker 21: A woman that can be down?
Speaker 17: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay. He's a little freaky. What are you talking on, by the way? Your phone sounds like you're off in the distance. Where are you?
Speaker 21: No, I'm on my headset because I'm driving.
Speaker 2: Okay. Okay. All right. Listening to us on the iHeartRadio app. I appreciate that. Fifty Shades of Grey. What's up, Brittany? Hi.
Speaker 33: So I was just, you know, kind of piggybacking off of, you know, Lydia's situation and the, I didn't get her name.
Speaker 2: It's Olivia.
Speaker 20: Olivia.
Speaker 14: Yes.
Speaker 20: So I just feel.
Speaker 33: Like communication is key in everything. You can't just go on and assume things that just, you know, I mean, what does everybody say?
Speaker 20: You know, assuming makes a so-and-so out of you and me.
Speaker 33: I feel like you're just setting yourself up for.
Speaker 4: Failure at this point.
Speaker 2: So, Brittany, if you were in the shoes of Olivia, you were at Jared's place. You just got done hooking up. Are you just going to say goodbye and that's it? And we'll get another date going? Like, when will you tell him, hey, what's going on with our relationship?
Speaker 33: I mean, as soon as you're feeling the need to then, you know, delete your hinge profiles and delete all of your, you know, chats with people and whatnot, you know, cut them in half, you know, just cut them for later. I just feel like you need to have that communication right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so say that right off the bat.
Speaker 29: And it saves you in the long run.
Speaker 2: Olivia, maybe you needed to talk about that instead of just starting to do it and make him do it right in front of you, which is, you know, probably better. Yeah.
Speaker 17: It just seemed right to delete it right off the bat. And I mean, everything just moved so well that it just made sense to like, why would you want to see somebody else after that?
Speaker 8: But what if on the third date, like spit hits the fan?
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He, he, he turns into a total, you.
Speaker 6: Know, you guys have a deep conversation and you're like, wait a minute. We don't have anything in common actually.
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 17: Everything had been moving so well, I guess. I don't know. Maybe I didn't see it. He played a good game.
Speaker 2: And again, you went on a couple of dates together, but I'm assuming you guys have been talking for a while, too, though.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dan wants to comment. What's up, Dan?
Speaker 22: Hello, Morgan.
Speaker 17: First time, long time.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dan. Dan on the phone.
Speaker 45: I agree with, like, deleting the app and your date maps and stuff like that because how are you going to know if someone's the one if you're not giving them your full and undivided attention?
Speaker 4: I like you, Dan.
Speaker 2: Dan, are you in a relationship, Dan?
Speaker 45: No, currently, recently single, last three months of a 13-year relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh, Dan. We got to get you back on. Get on Hinge so you can meet Olivia.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: She doesn't have the app anymore.
Speaker 2: Olivia, get back on. Darius, what's up, Darius?
Speaker 26: How's it going on?
Speaker 2: What's happening? What did you want to say?
Speaker 20: Oh, how you doing?
Speaker 37: Yes, sir.
Speaker 54: From my experience on messing with women that jump the gun like that so fast, they usually end up being kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: You think so?
Speaker 26: Why are we moving so fast? I know you gave me the draw. It's been two days, but damn.
Speaker 2: What have you experienced, Dan? What gives you that perspective, Darius?
Speaker 54: Well, my brother, I have my fair share of women in my time, and usually when they jump the gun that fast, it's usually why. I always ask the question why, and then they always end up being controlling or some type.
Speaker 2: Of pushy like that.
Speaker 19: It just never ends up well.
Speaker 26: Because why are we moving so fast? I know you gave me the draws and all, but like.
Speaker 2: You know what, though? Man, sometimes guys like you, Darius, and Jared that have this happen to them, you guys really are good and bad. Maybe they're like, this is the best I've ever had. How was it, Olivia? Was Jared great?
Speaker 51: Yeah.
Speaker 17: And that's what I knew.
Speaker 2: What a compliment, Jared.
Speaker 20: I want what I want, so delete it.
Speaker 2: Such a compliment. She says you right away. I won't say no to that. That sounds good to me. Okay.
Speaker 24: Hey.
Speaker 2: So let's... Why don't we do this? Why don't we at least explore another date with each other and then you guys slowly decide if this is going to be something longer. Could you guys do that?
Speaker 17: I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Jared?
Speaker 41: I would say, yeah, except for what happened, what we're discussing here, I think everything's been great with Olivia.
Speaker 2: Okay, then what? Then give her a call when we get off and you guys restart up the relationship and Olivia... Talk a little bit more instead of just all of a sudden doing the action stuff.
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 8: I'll try.
Speaker 17: Yes.
Speaker 2: I'll do that.
Speaker 20: All right.
Speaker 8: And everything doesn't have to happen so fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like, just let it breathe.
Speaker 2: Good luck, you guys.
Speaker 16: I want what I want.
Speaker 2: I get it. I like this woman. Forget it, Jared. We want her. All right. Hold on one second.
Speaker 27: Who is Lee?
Speaker 1: Me and my family. Where's PL at? Mojo in the morning. S & S Kiss 955.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what time it is.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 1: You waking up with Mojo.
Speaker 2: These other morning shows are no-go. They love us like the iHeart logo.
Speaker 13: We got five at 655 if you were looking for Modo.
Speaker 2: Water roses, catch them creeping on the low-low. Weekdays, 5 to 10, 30, it goes down.
Speaker 13: Hey, who you picking for the throwback throwdown? Dirty on the 30 for the news on your timeline.
Speaker 2: Only on Kiss, S & S and 955. Let's go. That is PLOfficial. Follow him, by the way, Terry Woods on Instagram. And you can see a guy who literally, like, in a year became, like, a sixth handicap in golf. The guy's, like, such a good golfer. Your chance right now here on Mojo in the Morning to win breast augmentation from a lower med spa. B's and C's get degrees here on Mojo in the Morning as we go back to school. A lower med spa. So they offer breast augmentation at what price?
Speaker 22: $ 4, 995.
Speaker 4: Look at that. You know what? That is ideal.
Speaker 2: Is it two boobs? Yes, two boobs. So it's not like Dr. Yelda where it's like both eyes? I want to make sure. So wait a second.
Speaker 11: Dr.
Speaker 2: Yelda is $ 1, 995 per eye.
Speaker 30: Per eye.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to make sure. 1,900. Isn't it? Am I right on there? Now I'm second guessing myself. I'm going to Yeldo for the eyes. I'm going to Allure for the breast augmentation. And you're going to win for free right now. 844-MOJO-LIVE.
Speaker 3: 844-665-6548.
Speaker 2: 95th caller wins a $ 200 Allure Med Spa gift card to use towards services. Qualifies to win a breast augmentation. Winner announced Friday on the show.
Speaker 1: Mojo in the mornings.
Speaker 5: Dirty on the 30s.
Speaker 2: Shannon with what's trending in the Dirty on the 30s. Shannon.
Speaker 6: Of course, we are starting with the death of the legendary Dolly Parton, who passed away 80 years young yesterday.
Speaker 8: One of the most beloved entertainers, I would say, in the world. Not just in the country.
Speaker 6: Her nephew and longtime head of security, Brian Seaver, making that announcement.
Speaker 55: I'm representing the Parton and Owens family today, announcing the passing of my Aunt Dolly Rebecca Parton Dean. Sister, sis, Aunt Granny to one generation and Gigi to the next. Dolly has lived in the light and is in the arms of Jesus, surely met by Carl, her parents, and countless others who have watched her and longed for her to meet them in the heavens.
Speaker 8: By the way, you should watch his announcement.
Speaker 6: His story is kind of cool because his dad was her head of security.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 8: And then him.
Speaker 6: And he said he's been out on the road with Dolly since he was a little boy. But 25 number one country singles, sold more than 100 million records worldwide, built the Dollywood empire, starred in several huge movies, including one of my favorites, Steel Magnolias.
Speaker 8: I cry still every time I see it. And became a major philanthropist.
Speaker 6: Her imagination library has given hundreds of millions.
Speaker 8: Of books to kids around the world.
Speaker 6: But her family said she died peacefully in Nashville after a very, very quiet battle with cancer. She had been admitted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center early Friday. She was having some kidney and autoimmune issues, and then she passed away at the hospital early yesterday morning.
Speaker 11: I've told you before, all my fans, that I've had a few little health issues before. And sometimes I get a little dizzy and I get dehydrated. And I'm dehydrated. And so my natural doctor has kind of clipped my wings saying, you ain't traveling this week.
Speaker 2: Man, it's wild that she kept cancer from everybody.
Speaker 8: And we don't know what kind of cancer.
Speaker 2: That really is, I always, I mean, interested in that because it makes me think that she just didn't want the spotlight on her being sick, you know? Yep.
Speaker 6: Lydia just sent to the group chat this video of something happening in Brentwood, Tennessee, where she lived.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's got to be hours-long line of cars waiting to drive by her home.
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 8: Right now, it's crazy to see.
Speaker 2: They say her star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, they had to shut the street off because there were so many people going to the star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Speaker 6: In other dirty today, the Big Ten passing a rule yesterday that will not allow players returning from the NFL to play for any of the teams in the conference. The conference shared that any player who has declared for the NFL draft and did not withdraw appeared on an NFL roster or signed a contract with the pro league cannot.
Speaker 8: Be on a Big Ten roster.
Speaker 6: And any team who violates that rule will have their head coach suspended for 50% of its remaining games.
Speaker 8: Plus, they'll have to pay a fine.
Speaker 6: Now, this ruling comes just a few days after Cleveland Browns tight end Daquan Wright and New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Zavion Harris were caught by their teams. We learned that they're signing with head coach Lane Kiffin over at LSU. And I believe both of them played for Kiffin at Ole Miss last year, right?
Speaker 35: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Before he left.
Speaker 2: Left them during the playoffs. Crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hayden Vanity Year's representatives are pushing back against a lot of the rumors surrounding her very sudden death, saying there is much more to the story than what is currently being discussed publicly. Now, my eyebrows raised there because I want to know what that means. But they're saying, look, they are blasting people who are not close to Hayden for fueling the gossip, calling it deeply disrespectful to her memory. They're urging anybody with legitimate information to take it to law enforcement rather than to social media. That investigation remains very active. The DEA is now assisting local authorities in Greenville, South Carolina, where she died. And just a day after Michigan's cell phone ban in schools went into effect, there are some moms and dads, specifically in the Birmingham Public School District, that have some worries that are sounding off against some of these changes.
Speaker 56: Why not embrace the positives of technology in the classroom and get the high schoolers ready for college where technology is used every day? My junior in college, I don't believe he's purchased a physical book or used a piece of paper in the two plus years he's.
Speaker 11: Been in school.
Speaker 8: Now, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 6: The ban is you are not allowed to have cell phones, I believe in Birmingham Public School District, at all.
Speaker 2: So Birmingham Public School District is definitely stricter than... Detroit and some of the other school districts that are saying bell to bell, you cannot have your phones out.
Speaker 22: Right.
Speaker 2: Birmingham, I don't think you can have your phones, period.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 6: And so I was watching this last night. One of the moms was like, look, I want to make it really clear. I'm 100 percent with phones being put away during instructional times. She's like, I don't want my daughter to text me while she's in class. But during lunch, if she needs to text me about a change in her day or like during an after school sports practice, I want her to have her phone. So she can keep me updated throughout the day, which I do understand that.
Speaker 2: This is going to go back to the day where, remember the office, the front office would call down to the classroom? Excuse me. Go call your mom. I used to love that.
Speaker 34: Mrs.
Speaker 42: Rob.
Speaker 2: Yes, hi. Is Kevin Irwin there? His mom says that he's taking the bus home. Do you remember that? I used to love it. I used to love it when my nan get caught on intercom.
Speaker 5: Oh, hey.
Speaker 2: Um, Kevin Irwin needs to come down to the office right now.
Speaker 6: If you miss anything from today's show, you could always catch up on the podcast on that free.
Speaker 31: I get more dirt at Mojo in the morning on social media.
Speaker 2: The latest craze is Mojo in the mornings.
Speaker 1: Dirty on the 30.
Speaker 2: All right. We got Tess on the phone with us right now. And I asked for it last hour. We got it this hour. She's a teacher. Tess, the teacher with us right now. How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a winner. Congratulations. Oh, my God. We were talking about it's B's and C's get degrees for back to school. We're giving away breast augmentation, allure, med spot. And I said, are there any teachers that want to win this?
Speaker 4: Right here.
Speaker 33: I was listening. I teach middle school, mainly sixth grade.
Speaker 4: Brother, those boys are going to love that.
Speaker 2: No, come on. Let's not go there. Come on. This will be good for you, though, right? You'll be happy? Oh, my God.
Speaker 33: Life-changing.
Speaker 29: Absolutely.
Speaker 18: I have gone to get breast augmentation consultations two or three times.
Speaker 10: I've never been able to afford it.
Speaker 39: This has been on my list of.
Speaker 17: Something I have been wanting for so long.
Speaker 16: I'm... I have no words.
Speaker 17: I'm shaking right now.
Speaker 33: It's my planning period right now.
Speaker 29: Thank God I don't have students.
Speaker 2: But I am like shaking. Here's what we got.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: A $ 200 gift card to Allure Med Spa so you can go get some services there. You're now qualified. And on Friday, we'll announce the winner. And it could be you, Tess. Make sure that you have your phone ready so we can call you in the classroom and tell you you won.
Speaker 43: It will be so ready.
Speaker 20: Ringer on.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. I love you guys so much.
Speaker 8: We love you, Tess.
Speaker 1: We love you, too.
Speaker 2: Hang on the phone for a second. We'll be right back, okay?
Speaker 22: All right.
Speaker 20: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right. What did you do on the clock? What did you do during work time? We'll be back.
Speaker 1: Teachers, two weeks ago, you had your freedom. Now it's nine months of prison. Welcome back to school.
Speaker 2: This is Mojo in the morning. All right. Mojo in the morning show. Stand for a second. My legs need to stretch a little bit. So I'm going to do that just for a second.
Speaker 4: Should we all stand and do a power hour?
Speaker 2: The problem is our cameras move.
Speaker 4: All right, never mind.
Speaker 2: My camera moves as it begins with because.
Speaker 8: Mine doesn't need to move.
Speaker 6: I'm the same height sitting as I am sitting.
Speaker 11: Mr.
Speaker 2: Pushy over there. I know. I do my best not to hit it, but I guess I don't know my own strength. You don't. You would think, though, that after we've been here for, what, two years, that they would find some way to- solidly put it in there but I have no idea alright we got more Mojo podcast coming up on September the 24th I got my teeth cleaned yesterday let me see them he has something in them I do have something in them oh yeah next to your incisor on your left side it looks like a speck like a black speck is it pepper from one of your egg bites do you put pepper on your egg bites You might have got it. Is it gone? It's hard to test. The other side.
Speaker 4: I think it's the other side, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Oh, for real? He got it in both dead.
Speaker 13: I think it's just the space.
Speaker 2: You're good. My teeth are moving from my spark clear aligners. But I got my teeth cleaned in the guy who cleans my teeth at Dr. DePilla's office. Shout out Dr. D. He is the brother of the guys who own, his family owns Fifth Avenue and they own Rock and Brew.
Speaker 6: Oh, cool.
Speaker 2: So they were, so we were sitting there having this conversation and talking about how they're all excited about us coming to Rock and Brew in Royal Oak. That's going to be fun. It'll be a fun one. Very dope.
Speaker 8: I like the change of venue.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Rock and Brew. Me neither. It's nice. Speaking of the Egg Bites. I left my egg bites in the car. Would I still want to eat them at 8.56?
Speaker 8: I would go get them so fast, your car's going to smell like farts.
Speaker 28: Oh, really?
Speaker 2: Zach, could you go to my car? It might already be smelling like farts. Could you go to my car, and I'll open my car from my app here if you need me to. Eat them on the way back, Zach. Yeah, could you grab my egg bites on the front seat of the car? I don't think I brought any.
Speaker 7: We heard.
Speaker 2: Usually I do. You just thought about them? Literally, you were like, I'm thinking to myself, God, I don't think I ate my egg bites yet this morning.
Speaker 8: Aren't they just cold and rubbery by this point?
Speaker 2: I like to get some protein in.
Speaker 6: I understand, but why don't you just eat them when you first get in in the morning?
Speaker 2: I don't like to eat until nine. I like to get my body. I take aminos. I really want to get skinny.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Why do you want to be skinny? Because I don't like the idea of looking at myself in the mirror and seeing my fat body. Do you love yourself? Seriously, do you love yourself? I love who I am as a person. I don't necessarily love my looks.
Speaker 9: Out of all your phases, because I've seen some pictures of you, when were you happiest with your looks?
Speaker 2: Uh sixth grade honestly the last time i felt like i looked great was uh you know and i did not not necessarily like the skinniest i was when i did uh the uh doctor when i did dr um stanley's diet uh so i was on.
Speaker 6: Were you okay that's what i was gonna show you i a picture came up in my memories yesterday now i don't know what year it was because it And we were at the iHeartRadio Music Festival, and we presented on tape.
Speaker 8: You were so, this, okay, here's one of them, but you were so skinny. Listen, I- Like, I feel like, like, it just doesn't even look like you.
Speaker 2: I was wearing John Varvatos. Shut up, John Varvatos. I had John Varvatos clothes at that time that I could fit into. I was, like, feeling good. I gotta be honest, man.
Speaker 13: I don't like everybody being on these shots. I like a diverse world. If everybody is skinny, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. It is funny though. Everybody's on them.
Speaker 9: But what if everybody's healthy?
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 13: I think you, I think there are people who may weigh more than I do that are probably more healthier than I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think like size is the determining factor.
Speaker 44: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: If you're healthy or not.
Speaker 4: I just think if the shot helps someone get healthier.
Speaker 2: I'm for that. I'm for that.
Speaker 6: They said, they said that there are certain clothing brands now. I know H & M was on the list. I heard this story coming in this morning. That are going to start to phase out or at least scale down their plus size offerings.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 7: I don't like that either.
Speaker 6: One of the reasons is so many people are taking these weight loss drugs and shots that they're like, our audience, our market isn't as big. And I don't even mean as big weight-wise.
Speaker 2: Population-wise.
Speaker 8: Population-wise, yeah.
Speaker 13: We talked about aliens earlier today. We're starting to mirror them. When you think about aliens, they all look the same. You can't tell gender, you can't tell size, You can't tell age.
Speaker 2: Everybody looks the same. That's what we're turning into. Listen, I'm fine with that. I'm fine with that.
Speaker 6: I don't care if you're on the weight loss shot or I don't care what you do. If it makes you so happy, then please do it. But it really doesn't. I do think, no, okay.
Speaker 2: But I do think.
Speaker 6: That there are some people that look, do you know what I'm saying? They look really, really weird when they're too skinny.
Speaker 2: It doesn't, they're too skinny. Hollywood going through it right now. Yeah. I just think, I think, you know, Kevin, you like your girls thick. And I think you're hoping that the girls that you like to be with That they don't do the shot because they're going to lose their butt. And I will say this to you. I will say this to you. There is something called Ozempic butt. And it's happening to a number of women that are taking this thing. Where women are taking it and they're losing the big old juicy booty. Juicy peach. And they're... juicy peaches starting to not look the same.
Speaker 13: One of my favorite things to do was to play with the fat behind my grandma's arms. If we grew up in a society where there's no more fat behind the arms, what are.
Speaker 2: We going to do?
Speaker 8: That is so funny you say that. Last night, we were sitting out around the fire in the backyard.
Speaker 6: And Smith kept doing this to me.
Speaker 8: I was like, What in the actual hell are you doing? Because I used to do that to my grandma.
Speaker 2: Shannon, your arms look incredible.
Speaker 8: Smith literally was going like this and he's like, wow.
Speaker 2: No, yours are goals. Shannon, today you've been talking. Me too.
Speaker 4: And you've been going like this.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 8: Well, when I'm not doing that, this is what we got.
Speaker 2: And he did that.
Speaker 8: And I used to do that to my grandma too. She had the softest skin right there.
Speaker 2: I used to love. I got a little wing. It's funny that you talk about that. I used to love, like, My family's a fat family, right? Okay. And I used to love when we had family couch night. And it was family couch night, and we all would get on the couch together, which is amazing. We could put six of us on the couch. I mean, that was, by the way, wherever that couch was, we should... Lazy boy, I think it was. But we would all get on the couch together, and we would all cuddle together, and I'd just be sitting there, like, putting my... resting my head on my.
Speaker 4: Aunt Pat.
Speaker 2: On Aunt Pat's bosom.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 15: Yes.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, but there was, there is something about, I get the idea of what you're saying, but remember, this is also for health purposes. Like I wasn't really like as focused on losing weight until my heart, I started getting like this arrhythmia with my heart where they said, Hey, we think that you might have to have a pacemaker. And, uh, and Dr. Wanamaker sent me to a, an expert over at a U of M health. And I went to this doctor and this doctor basically said, you know, This is common. There's a lot of people that have this stuff. You should probably lose the weight and do all the rest of that stuff. Some people are doing it for hell. A lot of people are doing it for vanity.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it, too.
Speaker 8: There are a lot of people, though, who are doing it for other reasons, too. All I get served on Instagram now is perimenopause stuff. Perimenopause stuff, bob haircuts, and skin care.
Speaker 2: They say that it helps with perimenopause. For sure.
Speaker 8: Trust me. It piques my interest.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you, Kevin? One of the things that I... Yesterday, I was... went and got my teeth cleaned again. I went to go to Dr. DePilla. I look at the way that that guy dresses and how good looking of a guy he is. And I just sit there and I go some, I look at Wes is another one too. Shannon.
Speaker 8: Oh, you just made his whole year.
Speaker 2: Like, honestly, I will say this to you. I'd give up my height for Wes's height and.
Speaker 8: And, uh, height, height, height, height, his looks.
Speaker 2: You can wear different clothes though. No, no clothes where me, I don't wear clothes. No, like, I feel like Dr. D, he don't shop off the rack. He looks amazing. All his stuff tailored. His stuff is tailored. He's not shopping off the rack. He was wearing a pair of pants yesterday that were, like, they came up, they were, like, you know, came up to, like, the middle of his calf or something. I don't know what the hell.
Speaker 24: A breeze?
Speaker 8: You got to show some ankle.
Speaker 2: And he had these shoes on. He has these. Freaking fancy glasses. He's got hair that looks like he's a movie star. You can do that, though.
Speaker 8: I guarantee we get you a stylist.
Speaker 6: By the way, when you dress up, you are very fashionable, actually.
Speaker 2: What is dress up?
Speaker 4: Barbados.
Speaker 8: But I'm just saying, we went to the Yacht Rock thing.
Speaker 1: You looked great.
Speaker 8: You had a whole outfit going.
Speaker 2: My problem is I find one outfit and I wear it to that.
Speaker 8: You were on the panel and you looked great.
Speaker 2: Why don't you get you a stylist?
Speaker 8: Does all of us look like slobs when we come in here? Because we don't care.
Speaker 2: And it's 4 a.m. You don't be looking slobby, though. You be fitted up, too.
Speaker 8: That's really nice. I literally wear a sweatshirt and jeans every day.
Speaker 2: Who looks like slob? Probably me. I'm the one that don't care. No, Kevin can wear anything.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 8: It's not fair. You wear MRI shorts. And made them into an outfit. And it looked cool.
Speaker 2: Shout out the MRI shorts. All right, so the conversation that we're having right now, like we're just... we're just shooting this, you know, this bit and we, we are going to do this. We're going to do it on September the 24th at the more mojo podcast live at rock and brew. So to get everything all tied up with a nice bow, if you would like to come, we're selling tickets for a very small fee. Money goes a hundred percent to break and entering Christmas wish. They're even going to do drinks that night where they're going to give us the proceeds of the drinks for breaking and entering to grant wishes for people. If you want to buy them, Text podcast to nine five five zero zero. It is a Thursday night, September 24th. Promise you guys it will be the most up close that you'll be with all the members of this radio show. That night is a great night. Like we do jingle ball. We got to be on stage and do stuff. And sometimes we don't get as much time with you in the, you know, where you're sitting and stuff. This one, we get time with you. It's our event. Rock and brew has been great to us.
Speaker 13: And Lydia said they're going to have three specialty drinks that in some way, shape, or form have to do with the show.
Speaker 2: I'm having all three.
Speaker 4: Thursday, Thursday.
Speaker 2: All three. We do have a show on Friday, though. Remember that. All right. WKQI Detroit. WSNX Muskegon Grand Rapids. WVPS Toledo. And iHeart Radio Station. Guaranteed human.
Speaker 1: Melly and real dumb. Sometimes Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: Mojo in the morning. Sometimes I see radio audiences completely different. Like you could listen to our show and hear the Mojo in the morning, misfits on our show, and then listen down the dial to J towers. And you would probably hear a totally different group of audience people. Well, on our show, we have Mike in grand Rapids, Mike is on with us for Throwback Throwdown. He also comes on with us and does some topics with us. But Mike has his own radio show. It's Allie and Mike in the Morning on B93 in Grand Rapids. Mike brought something up on the air there and got a wild reaction from his audience at B93. I want to see if the Mojo in the Morning audience feels the same way. Mike, welcome to the show. How are you?
Speaker 27: Hi, Mike.
Speaker 22: Hi.
Speaker 5: So, Mike.
Speaker 2: I understand that you brought something up on B93. I don't know what day of the week it was, but you brought it up about the kids going back to school in something that you were exploring to do. Yeah, so this is their first full week.
Speaker 57: And we asked the question, in the first full week, is it too early to take your kids out like a couple hours early? Because we're going camping this weekend. We got this big RV and boat giveaway we're doing on Saturday in Nuego. And so they put us up in a campsite for the weekend. And it's like one of the last camping trips we're going to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 57: So I was like, let's take Cess out and Milo out a couple hours early from school. And my wife was like, nah, I don't think it's a good idea the first week. So it went on the air with it. And I was like, hey, is it too early the first week to take the kids out of school or even miss a day for something that isn't serious, like fun, like camping? And it went from... yes, that's a great idea. You absolutely should soak in this, this time. Then a couple people called in and were like, no, it's not really a good thing to teach, you know, to teach your daughter. She's got to learn responsibility. Teachers called in and they said, like, it was all over the place. And then one guy, and he wasn't, he's, I think he was from like South Carolina or something like that, was like, immediately started off with Mike is a bad dad.
Speaker 3: Oh, man.
Speaker 2: Judgmental. Woo.
Speaker 8: What was his reason?
Speaker 57: He said that he said it was a bad dad because she is, again, supposed to be learning responsibility. And he said he was a teacher for like 10 years. But he's again, he's not from here. He's from South Carolina or something like that. And that's what he started with. It wasn't like, hey, you know, I think you should try to teach.
Speaker 2: You know, this is. She should really focus on school.
Speaker 57: I know it's the first week, but it's really important to, especially in middle school, none of that. It was, Mike is not a great parent. And I made it 30 seconds in and almost forgot.
Speaker 2: I was on the radio.
Speaker 57: I was like, hold up, hold up, hold up. We're not starting with that. Dial it back and tried to have a conversation, but he didn't want to.
Speaker 32: All right.
Speaker 2: So I want to ask our listeners the same thing. So, Mike, your kids just went back to school. Mm-hmm. And you're thinking maybe, what, Friday that you're going to take them out early so that you guys could go and do some camping. Is Mike a bad dad if he wants to do that? I would take the whole day. Are you working that morning?
Speaker 35: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay. Or at least pick them up at noon. Take them at lunchtime.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't take the whole day.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 8: No, I would take the last couple hours.
Speaker 2: Well, if he's working, you don't, I mean, them being at the last couple of hours, the kids learn it anyway. Come on, man. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 31: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A couple hours. I can't believe somebody would think that Mike's a bad dad.
Speaker 6: I do think though, I will say like you are. And I say we too, because loose is going to seventh grade. we are teetering on the time when it's going to, it's going to become difficult to do that because they're going to have stuff they don't want to miss. They're going to have a test that they can't miss, you know? And, and I, I've started to notice, well, I already noticed it with my stepdaughter who is a senior in high school, but like there are days when we'll say, okay, we're going to leave a day early for vacation. And she's like, I can't, I can't, I have a test and a, you know, cross country me. I don't want to miss. So while you can do it, I mean, a couple hours is harmless.
Speaker 2: Mike, I called Luke up. He just started college back up again. And I called him up and I said, hey, why don't you miss class today and go golfing with me? I was like, literally, I was pushing. I mean, what is he going to come on? It's one class. You know what I mean? It's a couple hours. Chat GPT is taking his test anyway.
Speaker 6: I always say what Mojo has said to me so many times. What is Seth going to remember? The last two hours of Friday, you know. August, whatever, or this one last camping weekend for your family when she started seventh grade.
Speaker 57: And that's always my intentions with it all. Like I'm not doing it just to get to camping early. Like it does save me time and it is like, I like to camp, but like mostly it's for the memories. And if we, like you were saying, if we were in high school, I don't even know that I'd have this conversation because you know, then we're focused.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mike, I had a guy that I went to high school with Tom Barrett is his name. He missed 162 days. of high school. I don't think they go 170 days.
Speaker 6: But also, isn't he a successful guy now?
Speaker 2: Tom? Well, yeah. Okay.
Speaker 8: Nevermind.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, he does mortgages for a living.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's very successful guy. Um, all right. Text her here right now says, Mike, your listeners on B93 are way too judgmental. That is, it's interesting. Formats are different to country format might be a little different than this, right?
Speaker 57: Yes, but no, because when we got that and this was what I was blown away by when we got that phone call, the one guy who was like that, who was judgmental, I feel like we had more calls that we couldn't air because it was like people sticking up for me and saying things we couldn't put on the air. And that part of it to me was I was also blown away because I didn't expect that after only two years.
Speaker 2: What was Ali, your morning show partner, not your wife's reaction to these calls? She's got no kids, right? She's not married with the kids?
Speaker 57: Yeah, so that's what she kind of She kind of sat back a little But her parents are teachers And so she kind of came from that That environment And her whole idea was go Her parents always said that Family's more important than school School's important, it can't be a habit Like I couldn't do this all the time But the first.
Speaker 2: Week is not a big deal Hey, Norm, what's up? You wanted to make a comment to Mike This is Norm. What's up?
Speaker 26: First time, long time.
Speaker 35: What up?
Speaker 26: What's up, Anna?
Speaker 15: What up, Sandra?
Speaker 35: What up?
Speaker 2: What up, Morgan?
Speaker 7: What up, Karen?
Speaker 21: Love y'all, man.
Speaker 2: What up, Mike, too? Say hi to Mike.
Speaker 22: What's up, Mike?
Speaker 8: Big Mike.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 38: Hey, man, I think you're a great dad.
Speaker 2: Forget that school, man.
Speaker 50: I'm kidding, bro.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, I'm telling you. I've been through 36 years of this.
Speaker 22: My daughter just started middle school today.
Speaker 2: Today is her first day.
Speaker 8: Oh, big day.
Speaker 2: And I wasn't sure she even wanted to go.
Speaker 20: I was ready to say, hey, come on, you want to go to see the Spider-Man again?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 37: For sure.
Speaker 15: Because you got to think about it, bro.
Speaker 37: When I get... No, real quick.
Speaker 45: Last thing, real quick.
Speaker 38: Because when they come home, all she's going to do is tell me that she watched the movie, she went around, and, you know, it's like.
Speaker 50: They're not even doing nothing in school nowadays, man.
Speaker 18: These kids are not even doing anything.
Speaker 2: I teach them more.
Speaker 38: I teach my daughter more at home than we do in school.
Speaker 2: Every day is.
Speaker 18: We had Twizzlers and watched.
Speaker 2: A new movie.
Speaker 57: I did ask the kids, too, like, what do you guys think of this? Milo was like, yeah, absolutely. Cess, she's like, let me see what classes I have.
Speaker 2: It's math and science. And she's like, no. She loves school.
Speaker 8: How has middle school been for her so far?
Speaker 2: So far, so good.
Speaker 57: A couple stressors in the beginning because she couldn't remember her locker code or password or whatever. And then she missed a bunch of classes because she was going in the wrong direction because they had half days and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: But she loves, like she likes school. So she doesn't want to miss Friday. Hey, Donnie, what's up?
Speaker 37: Not too much.
Speaker 20: How are you?
Speaker 2: Fantastic. What do you think about Mike wanting to take the kids out of school the first week?
Speaker 5: He absolutely should. They're not in high school.
Speaker 19: It's going to affect their GPA.
Speaker 5: And the memories for little kids like that to be with dad and the family is more important than anything they're going to cover in middle school that they couldn't recover from.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I agree 100% with you. Your dad too, right, Donnie?
Speaker 20: Correct.
Speaker 5: I have four kids, a couple grandkids.
Speaker 2: Oh, man. Okay.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love, my favorite thing is, I don't know if your grandkids have Grandparents Day. I always loved Grandparents Day at this school. I never had that. Me neither. Chelsea's parents would fly in because they live in Arizona. Yeah, for Grandparents Day. What's up, Ricky? How you doing?
Speaker 17: How's it going, Mojo and the crew?
Speaker 22: Hey, man, tell Mike don't feel bad.
Speaker 26: Mike, my kids start school.
Speaker 22: A week later, we're on a seven-day cruise vacation.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 45: I'm serious, Cal.
Speaker 14: Okay, I'm serious, man.
Speaker 26: Like, every other year, you know, they start school September.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're on a cruise.
Speaker 22: I mean, they're in elementary school.
Speaker 2: It's not going to hurt. What do the teachers say?
Speaker 17: I wish the teacher would say anything.
Speaker 2: Earl Lester, what's up, Earl Lester?
Speaker 16: Hi, it's Earl Lester, Josiah's grandma, not Kevin's Josiah.
Speaker 2: The other Josiah, yes. Oh, that's right. Who's that?
Speaker 37: Mike, my son's name is Mike.
Speaker 16: He just got up this morning.
Speaker 2: He's a little grumpy this morning.
Speaker 4: But anywho, my kids never.
Speaker 16: Really miss school, but when they did have to miss school for a trip, I would contact the teacher. And I would ask, was there anything special going on? And then if they say, well, yes, then, you know, I would wait a little bit longer before I took them out of school. But if they was like, no, nothing's really going on, then I would take them out of school early. But I don't, you know, feel that you're... Right. I don't feel that you're, you know, a bad dad. You know, everybody has, what's that thing people say, everybody has opinion like an a-hole or something like that.
Speaker 31: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 16: Not everybody's opinion matters when it comes to you and parenting your child. As long as you know you're a good dad and you're doing what you're supposed to do, it doesn't matter what someone else thinks.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 57: And when we put it out there, when we put it out there, I knew there was, people weren't going to agree with it. That's why, like, I asked the question. Because I like hearing different opinions and I like that. But he didn't come with an opinion. He came to judge immediately and started off with, you're a bad dad.
Speaker 2: And I went, all right.
Speaker 6: And if there's anything you could say to me to hurt my feelings, the thing that really stings is if you call me a bad mom, you could call me anything else.
Speaker 8: I don't care. But that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Hold on. Austin, when you were younger, your parents took you out of school all the time for like what kind of stuff?
Speaker 19: Oh, we'd go.
Speaker 22: Camping all the time and like pull us out of school.
Speaker 21: And it's just one of those, as a kid, it just makes you feel like your parents want to spend that more time.
Speaker 19: With you while you're younger versus by.
Speaker 2: The time you get older. Were you also in a household where you'd wake up in the morning and go, I don't feel like going to school and dad would go, go back to bed? Oh no.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 2: All right. Hold on a second here. What's up, Brittany? How you doing?
Speaker 35: Hi.
Speaker 58: Um, no, I was just saying that I personally have no problems taking kids out of school, but I think that as they get into middle school and high school, it's just making sure that they are mentally prepared with like, okay, I know I'm going to have all this makeup work to do.
Speaker 39: And are they mentally prepared to be able to do that? Cause that stress is going to be on them.
Speaker 11: To do it.
Speaker 57: And so my wife was saying to my wife is, my wife is anti this and she just goes, she's like, it's only a couple hours.
Speaker 2: It's her first week.
Speaker 57: Like, she doesn't want to take her out of school early, and I think we should, but probably go with the smart person of the two and go with her.
Speaker 2: I like that our listeners are all people who think school is not important.
Speaker 6: See, you need to flip it. They think family is the most important.
Speaker 2: Hold on. Robin, Robin, here's what Mike needs to do. What's that, Robin?
Speaker 28: Well, so I would call the school and tell them that my daughter had an appointment, which I.
Speaker 1: Didn't lie, really.
Speaker 20: And she'd say, mommy, where are we going?
Speaker 25: And, um, we went and got her nails done.
Speaker 29: And we went to a mommy.
Speaker 6: I love that so much.
Speaker 2: Take care, Robin. We appreciate it. Mike, great having you on tell Allie and everybody over at, uh, At the house and at work that we said hi. Tell Tim and everybody over there. Will you give Charlie a big kiss for us right now? Right now? Yeah. Come here, Charlie. Come here, Charlie.
Speaker 32: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: Come here. Don't care. Come on. I love you, buddy. I'll talk to you. Love you guys. See ya.
Speaker 1: See ya.
Speaker 31: It's Mojo in the morning's road to our iHeartRadio music festival in Vegas.
Speaker 2: All right. Did you hear who we added to the iHeartRadio music festival? Remind me.
Speaker 5: Era.
Speaker 2: Sierra, Smashing Pumpkins, and then Stella Lefty, the Boston song, along with. BTS, Cardi B, Zara Larson, Goo Goo Dolls, Kenny Chesney, Lainey Wilson. We also have Snoop Dogg is going to be there, so that's going to be fun to see. Your chance to go right now win a trip for you and a friend. With tickets to both nights of the iHeartRadio Music Festival, September 18th and 19th in Las Vegas, and $ 1, 000 spending cash, text the word LUCKY to 200-200. That is LUCKY to 200-200 right now for a chance to win a trip to the iHeartRadio Music Festival. All right, so text the number 200-200, the word lucky, and pick up your phone if you get a call from an out-of-area number. You could be going to the iHeartRadio Music Festival with tickets on sale right now, AXS.com.
Speaker 1: You'll get a text-confirming entry, plus iHeartRadio info. Standard data and message rates apply.
Speaker 2: Somebody told me that the first night tickets on the StubHubs of the world and SeatGeeks and stuff are like triple the price. Should have bought them early. Because everybody wanted to go see, everybody wants to see BTS.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right. Mojo in the morning. What's the the thing that you do on the clock? What's going on, Anna?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I want to know things that you get done while you're working, because this weekend I was walking into a well-known building. I won't say which one because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. But the security guard for the building was sitting right outside of the door and had a full hookah set up like the one with the hoses, the fruit on top. And was just sitting there smoking. I was like, maybe they just got off work. They're waiting to get picked up. But then when I went to get in, they're like, oh, let me unlock the door for you. So like they were still very much on the clock smoking hookah.
Speaker 2: He brought his own hookah.
Speaker 4: Right outside of the building.
Speaker 2: So does he have like a setup? Yeah.
Speaker 9: A chair with a hookah on the ground. But it was like the ones with the hoses.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the fruit on top.
Speaker 9: And they were just sitting there puffing away. As they were doing security for the door, which didn't bother me because you're still watching the door.
Speaker 4: You're standing outside.
Speaker 2: Real quick, though. Just say what you say.
Speaker 4: Say where it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'll say it.
Speaker 4: It was outside of our building.
Speaker 8: I cannot believe it.
Speaker 37: I know.
Speaker 2: Our security guards here are very interesting. I'm going to say this to you. Majeeb is very good. It wasn't Majeeb. It wasn't Majeeb. No, Majeeb is very good. And Dale, the overnight guy, is very good. There's some times where I walk by some of these security guards, and I'm going, this person's supposed to keep people from... Well, the.
Speaker 8: One little teeny tiny girl.
Speaker 2: I'm small.
Speaker 8: I'm five feet tall. She's got to be shorter than me. And I'm like, no.
Speaker 6: A security guard, though, you are not stopping anybody from coming in this building, God forbid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're basically opening and closing the door for you. I actually heard about this hookah security guard that we have here, and I heard that it is a like, eye-opener on the weekends. They're just sitting there smoking hookah.
Speaker 4: It's a guy?
Speaker 8: I thought it was a girl.
Speaker 35: It is a girl.
Speaker 4: It is a girl.
Speaker 9: But the funny thing is, is I texted all of you. I was like, you guys, our security guard is hookah-ing. And Zach was like, yeah, she does this every weekend. She's just chilling.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, good for her.
Speaker 9: I also know people, though, that work at, like, the plant that, like, get a full workout in. Like, this guy brought weights, and, like, he'll take an hour where he'll just duck off and, like, do a whole workout.
Speaker 4: In the middle of his shift.
Speaker 13: I know a girl who, I think she does billing for a medical company. And she bought one of those, like, computer pads or a mice. She bought a mouse.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 13: That she can set up to just move on a timer so that her screen doesn't look idle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it stays active. And she be at the movies. She don't went to the movies.
Speaker 13: She don't went and got her nails done. Like, she gets her work done extremely quickly. And as opposed to just sitting here doing nothing, she'll just like go off and do whatever.
Speaker 2: Dude, I golfed with a guy one time that was on a team's meeting and he left us for a little bit and he hung out in an area where it looked like it was his backyard. He sat in a chair and goes, yeah, I'm just hanging in the backyard here right now. And he was on the actual golf course with us and he was doing a whatever. We call it our, on ours teams, but it was, I think it was zoom zoom.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then he came up with this later, and I go, they think that you're at home right now? And he goes, yeah. I'm with that. I think that's crazy. If you can work from home. All you need is Wi-Fi.
Speaker 13: If you can get your work done, what's the difference from me working at home or working on a resort in Cancun?
Speaker 2: The work is getting done. What about the security guard? That's different.
Speaker 8: But they're sitting right in.
Speaker 2: Front of the door. Come on, dog. What you going to do? Got to unlock the car? What if something goes wrong? She's going to strangle the guy with the hookah pipe.
Speaker 8: Do you get a little baby high when you smoke hookah or no?
Speaker 4: I think it's like a head buzz. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I threw up one time. I had hookah one time. It was not a good night for me.
Speaker 4: Lydia?
Speaker 2: Boy, oh my God. I came into the studio one time years and years ago when you actually had to do your shows. Like you couldn't record the shows. And there was a dude there that, it was crazy, had video games. He was sitting there. So in between songs, like, you know, the songs are four minutes at that time. So four minutes, whatever. And he's sitting there with his Sega Genesis or his PlayStation 2 at the time or something. And he's playing video games. I'm like, oh, hold on a second. 93.7 KRQ. He's doing breaks. And I'm going, the PD walks in and sees that.
Speaker 9: Zach and I thought about doing that when you were out last week. We were like, what if we hooked up a switch to one of these TVs? So while we were doing commercial breaks, we could still be like.
Speaker 2: Playing Mario Kart. I'm really glad that you actually fingered Zach for that. Because you and Zach screwing around on company time.
Speaker 50: We didn't.
Speaker 2: She narked on you, Zach. What's up, Brianna? How you doing?
Speaker 54: Hi, good.
Speaker 37: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: What do you do on company time?
Speaker 44: So I worked.
Speaker 37: At lifetime and when someone used to come cover the desk for me while I was on the clock, I used to go work out while I was on my shift.
Speaker 4: I feel like that should be allowed. You work at a gym.
Speaker 9: You gotta, you gotta experience the gym.
Speaker 2: Nobody ever, nobody ever said anything to you. Like no, managers or district managers ever came in and saw something.
Speaker 37: Like that well it technically wasn't allowed so i kind of used to like sneak off a little bit like when they weren't around and go do it so but it was nice it was.
Speaker 29: A good like segue yeah.
Speaker 2: That when you guys worked for the big company for uh danny uh danny gilbert's company i never called him danny before but i wonder if any of his friends call him danny when you worked for him That place was so big. Could you screw around or would they know that you were screwing around?
Speaker 8: Oh, people literally screwed around. I understand.
Speaker 2: I've done that on the clock there. You did?
Speaker 14: Oh, my God.
Speaker 2: You went and had sex on the clock?
Speaker 4: There's cameras everywhere.
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 2: It was in a parking lot. Oh, my God.
Speaker 6: Didn't you say that was such a thing? Or, like, there were tons of people that would go in that parking garage?
Speaker 2: Potentially. I only did it once.
Speaker 13: That week was a wild week. That was just one of the things that happened. It wasn't a regular thing.
Speaker 2: It's so wild. My favorite was the old radio studios that we were in Farmington. When you would ever see the guys that would smoke weed and like stick and all those guys that used to work here, they would all just get high out in the parking lot too. Some people would do that. Yeah. Go drink. What's up? Toya, what's going on, Toya?
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Toya? What are you doing on company time?
Speaker 29: Listen, I'm calling y'all.
Speaker 26: No, I was.
Speaker 49: Telling Lydia that when, like during the pandemic, our company used to let us work remote.
Speaker 29: But then over the last year, they started, they changed it and said, we have to work from home.
Speaker 49: And they actually have location active to.
Speaker 2: Show where we're working from. So it's no longer remote.
Speaker 49: It's specifically you have to work from home now. So that was, I was just thinking about that.
Speaker 4: When y'all were saying, Tim was saying, his.
Speaker 49: Home girl would like go and like do her nails or be on the island or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because your remote could be at the nail lady's house. You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How does that matter? Because you're not fully concentrating. You're getting your nails done.
Speaker 13: How many people are fully concentrated at home? How about the people, though, that worked for you?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right. Because I watched Game of Thrones all six seasons while I was working from home.
Speaker 29: I concentrate better at home than in the office.
Speaker 20: Like, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Why are y'all talking to me?
Speaker 29: These people in the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're concentrating right now talking to us right now, aren't you?
Speaker 29: I know, but you know I love y'all, so I got a car. And I'm about to be on birthday vacation, so I wanted to get my car in for the week.
Speaker 2: How about, by the way, how about the people that moved to Florida that worked for GM and all the other big auto companies, and they moved down there, and the company said, yeah, you guys got to come back, and they're all like, oh, crap. That's crazy. What's up, Abe? How you doing?
Speaker 1: Doing good.
Speaker 32: How are you?
Speaker 2: Good. What's going on?
Speaker 22: First time, long.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 45: I just wanted to confirm what Kev was saying.
Speaker 15: I used to work at Rocket.
Speaker 19: A lot of people do.
Speaker 22: Have sex on the clock.
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 22: The parking structure.
Speaker 2: Detroit, too. Is it the parking structure across from the Chase building? Is that where they're at? No. That's where mine was.
Speaker 3: Detroit, too.
Speaker 2: That's not a crosswalk.
Speaker 1: There's like five or six different ones.
Speaker 2: I've parked in that building when I've gone to the townhouse for months. Yeah, that's the one. Yeah. That's Detroit, too.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm going to look in windows now. See what's going on.
Speaker 54: You can walk around the office and literally see everybody watching, like, cool.
Speaker 17: Or Netflix, whatever their favorite show was.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they're loving this. What's up, Laura. Laura works in a hospital. What are you guys doing on company time?
Speaker 17: Um, so it's not so much me and I hope no one's listening.
Speaker 36: I pray to God, no one's listening, but, um, Some of the doctors on night shift will, like, bring in their gaming systems and, like, play in between patients.
Speaker 2: These are emergency room doctors playing video game systems in the middle of the night?
Speaker 20: I hope I'm not going to get fired for saying that.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God. You got to get that VC. Nobody's dying, though, right? And I'm talking in the video game and off the video game.
Speaker 39: No one's dying.
Speaker 2: It's just in between patients.
Speaker 35: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's a bunch of video games about to drop this quarter, too. Hey, Sarah, what's up?
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 20: I just wanted to say it's okay to tan on company.
Speaker 26: Time, right?
Speaker 32: Tan?
Speaker 2: What do you mean tan? Like outside in the sun or going to a tanning place?
Speaker 16: I go to a tanning booth.
Speaker 23: It's like 15 minutes, get a little nap.
Speaker 4: It's like your break.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's the break.
Speaker 2: Where do they think you are? They think you're... I.
Speaker 20: Ran to the bank or I had to run to my mom's house.
Speaker 1: Oh, man.
Speaker 2: You come back like, you look a little different. That's right.
Speaker 28: I come back in and I'm like, it's super hot.
Speaker 23: Everybody's like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 20: I was like, oh, just a hot flash.
Speaker 2: It's like the background. I always love the people that put cool backgrounds on their I hate that.
Speaker 8: Me too.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like, what are you trying to hide?
Speaker 2: All right. Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 1: Don't miss this in Mojo in the mornings. Dirty on the 30 in minutes.
Speaker 6: Remembering Dolly, the tributes are pouring in.
Speaker 8: We will talk.
Speaker 2: We got to talk about Eminem.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was a big one.
Speaker 6: Eminem, Taylor Swift, the president, some big ones. Also, if you are following the Lindsay Clancy murder trial, green dress lady, you know who I'm talking about. We're going to talk about her coming up.
Speaker 2: In the dirty. And, um, There was an emergency landing at Detroit Metro Airport for a plane that was supposed to land in Boston because somebody needed to be rushed to the hospital. It was the pilot. Wow. It's crazy. Story's next.
Speaker 1: Who was seen with who? Who's banging who?
Speaker 31: And what will you be talking about all day?
Speaker 1: Mojo in the Morning's Dirty on the 30 in minutes.
Speaker 5: On Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 20: All right.
Speaker 2: We are giving you a chance to win Ed Sheeran tickets. Ed Sheeran's going to be here Saturday. Actually, it's funny. I thought he was here last Saturday because. He was. Oh, he was?
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was he doing?
Speaker 6: He was doing some karaoke, had dinner at Hiroki-san inside the Book Tower Hotel.
Speaker 2: So you think he's been here all week?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Was he doing a private show? Do you know that there was.
Speaker 4: Why isn't he here?
Speaker 2: Speaking. Well, here, I'm going to give you the Ed Sheeran tickets and I'll explain this other one. So Ed Sheeran tickets, text to win, text Sheeran, S-H-E-E-R-A-N, to 95500 for your chance to win a pair of tickets. Did the hookah security guard allow some screamer in the hall?
Speaker 4: I know. What was that?
Speaker 2: Some screamer. I heard some screamer there. Maybe it's the.
Speaker 4: I got scared for a second.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that was. Zach, is that anybody from us? We have an intruder. Or somebody yelling. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cody's laughing.
Speaker 2: We work at a great company, guys. They're having fun. They're having fun out there. Soulja Boy was in town this past weekend.
Speaker 8: I saw that, too.
Speaker 2: What was he doing? Soulja Boy was at a 16-year-old girl's birthday party. Oh, he's getting paid. Yeah. It was a birthday. It was a birthday. It was her sweet 16. It was some kid from, I think, Oakland County somewhere. But Soulja Boy was hanging out. Can you imagine? I remember when my kids had birthday parties, we had the balloon animal guy that literally would just sit there for whatever, a couple hundred dollars, give them like balloon animals. And then we had the clown at the one that my father-in-law, Joe, was hitting on and got in trouble for my mother-in-law, Mary. It's no joke on that one. He said, that clown has the greatest ass I've ever seen.
Speaker 44: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You are not a good parent if you don't hire Soulja Boy to come here. You know you got some money. That's some bucks, huh? A lot of people go, I don't think Soulja Boy must cost very much. I looked up how much he costs.
Speaker 4: How much?
Speaker 2: Between $ 100, 000 and $ 120, 000. For how long? Google it. I don't care what Google says. He's not commanding.
Speaker 4: He's $ 100, 000.
Speaker 38: $ 40, 000.
Speaker 8: He was just at SeaWorld.
Speaker 12: No disrespect.
Speaker 2: He's not $ 100, 000.
Speaker 1: Who is worth $ 100, 000?
Speaker 2: Drake would be $ 100, 000.
Speaker 12: Easy.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Taylor would be. Taylor would be millions.
Speaker 7: So does Drake. And like Kanye.
Speaker 2: Where's Travato? Is Travato here today? Yeah, he's in the office. No, I'm going to call him right now.
Speaker 9: AI says that Soulja Boy is between $ 40, 000.
Speaker 8: And $ 100, 000.
Speaker 2: Tony, quick question for you. Soulja Boy was just here doing a birthday party for a 16-year-old kid. How much money does Soulja Boy get for a performance, do you think? idea, but it's probably a lot.
Speaker 3: Hey, if it was a 16-year-old, their parents probably.
Speaker 2: Have some money. So when you guys have artists, though, for like Jingle Balls and stuff, isn't it like almost minimum $ 100, 000 for these artists?
Speaker 3: It's different for every artist.
Speaker 2: It depends on who it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, somebody like that that people would know, yeah, he probably does quite well, and that's all he's doing. It's not like he's selling... These artists have a lot of different. Revenue streams they're selling music they're you know merch and all that stuff soldier boy is probably just touring these days ain't no.
Speaker 2: Way a hill tony soldier boy getting a hundred thousand.
Speaker 9: Dollars for a full live show he does it said for a club appearance 50 000.
Speaker 2: Tony what are you gonna do for emily's birthday you got anything planned at all i'm gonna have cab come over and do an intro we're gonna do the remix cab would you do that by the way mason used to do that Would I do what?
Speaker 4: House calls?
Speaker 2: Mason did Jeff Sack was daughter Blair's bat mitzvah and Ian's bar mitzvah.
Speaker 13: I don't like hosting parties. I turn down a lot of this.
Speaker 7: For 100K, would you do it?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah. Bring the air horns.
Speaker 8: Hell even do Soulja Boy.
Speaker 2: I'll put on costumes, balloon animals.
Speaker 8: Whatever you want.
Speaker 22: Great.
Speaker 2: All right. We'll talk to you later, Tony. What's all that noise, Tony? What is that? Is that still Cody?
Speaker 4: Should I go investigate?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: Open the door.
Speaker 9: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 16: I have FOMO.
Speaker 7: Cody's left from Mars.
Speaker 2: What are they having so much fun doing over there? I want to know. It's a great day at iHeart. They're having more fun than we're having.
Speaker 12: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Why is it so loud?
Speaker 8: What's the fun?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a radio station. Oh, I like it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 1: Mojo in the mornings, dirty on the 30.
Speaker 2: All right, Shannon, what do you got in the dirty?
Speaker 6: Well, President Trump is ordering American flags nationwide, not just at the White House, to be flown at half staff for the next week following the death of Dolly Parton.
Speaker 8: He wrote on Truth Social, this is a true loss for millions of people.
Speaker 6: There has never been anyone like her and never will. He said, rest in peace, Dolly. The world loves you. Now, here's what's interesting to me. Dolly very famously stayed out of politics. Because she's like, I have fans on both sides of the fence. She also revealed in an interview one time that she twice declined President Trump's offers of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Once because her husband was ill, once because it was COVID. And then she said the Biden administration later approached her about the same thing, and she was worried that it was too political.
Speaker 8: So she just very... graciously declined.
Speaker 6: But 80 years old, never looked 80, never acted 80, and she says she never felt like she was 80.
Speaker 11: Everybody said, well, you're 80 years old. You're going to be 80 years old. I said, well, so what? Look at all I've done in 80 years. I just feel like I'm just getting started. I know that sounds stupid, but I think there's a lot to be said about age. If you allow yourself to get old, you will. And people say, how come you don't seem to get old? I say, because I ain't got time to get old. I ain't got time to dwell on that. That's not what I'm thinking about.
Speaker 2: I think, what?
Speaker 8: I'm going to be 80?
Speaker 11: They're going to celebrate me being 80?
Speaker 8: You know, not that anybody would want to celebrate that.
Speaker 11: But there is a celebration in the fact that I have done so much in that time and that I'm still doing it.
Speaker 8: I'm grateful for that.
Speaker 6: She was so iconic, everything about her, including her look. I mean, you never saw Dolly Parton wearing anything plain. And what did she model her look after?
Speaker 2: She talked about that.
Speaker 11: The woman that I was most impressed with when I was a little girl was the town tramp. But I didn't know what that meant.
Speaker 25: This woman had.
Speaker 11: The yellow peroxide hair. She had the red nails, the red lipstick, the beautiful eyes, the high heels, short skirt. And I thought she was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen. And whoever I was with said, oh, she ain't nothing but trash.
Speaker 8: And I'd make the joke, and I would say, well, that's.
Speaker 11: What I'm going to be when I grow up, meaning that's how I want to look.
Speaker 32: When you started out with whatever you want to call it, that look, did people really get the wrong idea in the sense that they didn't know that beneath that look there is maybe one of the smartest women around?
Speaker 11: Well, I certainly got hit on a lot, and a lot of men thought I was as silly as it looked, I guess. You know, I look like a woman, but I think like a man. And in this world of business, that has helped me a lot, because by the time they think that I don't know what's going on, I done got the money and gone.
Speaker 8: I loved her.
Speaker 13: I think that Dolly, instead of, you know, lowering our flags to half-mast, she would much rather. Have us have a conversation about the mass killings of wild horses. I think that's what Dolly would want.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Are there mass killings of wild horses? Do your Googles.
Speaker 13: There's a federal bill and proposal that's going on right now where there are wild horses.
Speaker 9: Was she passionate about horses?
Speaker 2: I feel like all country people like horses. Oh, so you're just assuming.
Speaker 8: The tributes are pouring in.
Speaker 2: I know she loved reading. She was very big on reading. Read up on the horse slaughters.
Speaker 8: Tributes are pouring in.
Speaker 6: Taylor Swift writing, A world without Dolly doesn't feel possible, real, or right.
Speaker 8: Eminem writing, paying very.
Speaker 6: Special tribute yesterday by sharing a note that he received from her back in 2022. Now, that's the year that they were both inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, if you remember, along with Lionel Richie, Duran Duran, Pat Benatar, Carly Simon, the Rhythmics.
Speaker 8: All inducted that year.
Speaker 6: And after the ceremony, Dolly wrote Eminem a very heartfelt note. And Part of it read, even though I don't know a lot about rap music, I've come to know that you are the very best at it. Aside from that, I hope what I have to say will not seem weird or strange to you, but I have always felt some unexplained connection to you.
Speaker 8: Like I know you somehow.
Speaker 6: She continued, I'd hope to meet you at the show, but you know how nuts these things are. Personally, I hate them and I missed my chance, but someday we'll meet. She writes, in the meantime, keep doing what you're doing because you do it so well. And no matter how complex your world may be, just know you are very special and touch people in ways you don't even know.
Speaker 8: With love and respect, Dolly Parton.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dolly was flirting.
Speaker 8: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Dolly was running gang.
Speaker 22: You see?
Speaker 2: Absolutely. That is such a great lesson, though, of sending notes like that.
Speaker 8: Just taking the time.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. And he saved it. Because, I mean, gosh, she's iconic to be able to have that. I see what you're doing, Dolly.
Speaker 8: Green dress lady.
Speaker 6: If you are watching the murder trial of Lindsay Clancy, you know who she is. She was wearing a green dress, sitting, standing in the front row of the courtroom this week and like posing for the cameras. She was like doing her angles. She was laughing, smiling, winking at one point.
Speaker 8: Who is she? Her name is Brittany Romano. She worked.
Speaker 6: For Vanity Fair, I say past tense because she is no longer credentialed by the company following that behavior. She actually wrote an essay for the magazine about her experience growing.
Speaker 8: Up with Lindsay Clancy.
Speaker 7: Knew her.
Speaker 8: Not going to be published any longer.
Speaker 6: She got on her social media to address all of the backlash that she's been getting for her behavior in the courtroom. And she said, smiling's not a crime. She doesn't feel like she needs to apologize for anything. I mean, it was weird and uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: She's an awkward winker, too.
Speaker 6: She said she smiles through anxiety. She smiles when she's uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: And poses.
Speaker 2: It was weird. It was. Like in the murder trial of these children.
Speaker 6: And she was not the only one. I don't know why people are only calling out her because there were several people, women, who were doing that. Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, and their kids, Lilibet and Archie, have landed in the UK. They landed just a couple of hours ago. The kids set to begin school in England next week. They're going to be there for an extended period of time. I don't know how long. They will not be returning to royal life. They will continue to pursue their independent business deals. And I'm hearing that King Charles is really, really hoping that Harry's return to the UK will eventually help bring his two sons back together. This is the best opportunity in years for the family together.
Speaker 8: To begin healing.
Speaker 6: So we'll see if Harry and William actually develop some sort of relationship from this. And lastly, a Delta captain falling ill during a mid-flight or during a flight yesterday, excuse me, the flight was from LA to Boston, had to divert to Detroit because of this.
Speaker 2: This is the captain. I'm the one that's ill. I'm going to taxi the jet to the gate and then I need to go to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: He did something good. I don't know what happened. Do you know what happened?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I hope he's okay, but that's scary.
Speaker 1: Don't you have a co-pilot?
Speaker 16: Well, yeah.
Speaker 22: Why are you even talking?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Good question.
Speaker 2: Take the wheel.
Speaker 8: I don't know, but you can hear in his voice. I mean, he, something is very, very wrong.
Speaker 6: All right, if you miss anything from today, you can always re-listen on the podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 40: Detroit WSNX Mesquite Grand Rapids WVPS Toledo and iHeart radio station guaranteed human three great radio stations one stupid show Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: Live Mojo in the morning show do kids still egg houses when they you know want to get back at people that they don't like or does that to happen? Because Shannon is under the belief that her house is going to get egged.
Speaker 8: Or vandalized or TP'd or I don't know.
Speaker 2: TP usually now is a celebration. I said, who'd you piss off?
Speaker 6: Well, I didn't piss off anybody, but yesterday Wes and I were taking the dogs for a walk and out of nowhere, and I live in a neighborhood that has a bajillion kids always on bikes, rollerblades, scooters, playing basketball, like everywhere all the time.
Speaker 8: So we're on this walk.
Speaker 6: Out of nowhere, this teenager comes flying down the street in a gray SUV, almost hits two little boys on bicycles in the process.
Speaker 8: And so Wes like stops.
Speaker 6: The walk and he like very briskly walks up to this car. We see the SUV like park in front of somebody's house. And he confronted this kid. I get so nervous in this situation.
Speaker 8: Mojo, you know this. So I like walked. down to the other side of the street.
Speaker 2: I'm not with him. I'm not with him.
Speaker 6: I literally was like, as he's going, I can see him. He's like, he was walking, you know, and I was like, Wes, Wes, Wes, Wes, Wes, because I knew he was upset. So I walked away, but I could still hear the interaction. And Wes was like, dude, what are you doing? You almost hit those two kids. And this teenage boy was just an absolute a-hole to Wes. Like right away, copped an attitude, was like, I was going crazy. I was going, you know, maybe 35 miles per hour. And Wes is like, this is a neighborhood. There are kids everywhere. The speed limit is 20. You know, and Wes would not back down. And the kid just like kept going at him and they're back and forth, back and forth. And this went on for, I don't know, like five, six, seven minutes. And at one point, Wes was like, do you need me to make a phone call? Like threatening to call the police because the kid was just being such.
Speaker 8: A jerk about it. And how old is this kid again?
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe seven, 16, 17, like looks like, you know, a newer driver. Well, I know for a fact he doesn't live at this house because I know who lives there. So I think it was this girl's maybe boyfriend or friend or whatever. So after it's all said and done, Wes walks back over to where I am with the dogs. We continue our walk, but then we see this Bronco driving around and Wes is like, that's the kid in the passenger seat. And it must've been his girlfriend, uh, driving so I think they were looking for us but I said to Wes well great now they're probably trying to figure out which house we live in and I'm like dude they're gonna like egg our house or something tonight I don't disagree with what what Wes did by the way because I'll yell at cars if they fly down our street we're like I really do and now I have the kids doing it too but um.
Speaker 8: But he, like, got into.
Speaker 2: It with his kid.
Speaker 7: Come on, man.
Speaker 4: You gotta drive.
Speaker 8: I'm like, our tires are gonna get slashed. Something's gonna happen. So hopefully they don't know where we live.
Speaker 2: We had a poop on your door. We had the neighbor, well, yeah, the poop bag, right? Where they stomp it out and there's poop. We had a neighbor that If you would drive like an a-hole down the street, like the teenagers drove like an a-hole down the street, he would pick things up and throw it at the guy's car. Wow. That's crazy. One time, he had his keys to his car. He just got out of his car in his driveway. He had keys. He threw his keys and hit that guy's car.
Speaker 22: Pow!
Speaker 2: I think you could get in trouble for that. I would grab the keys and keep driving. What is a kid going to do? Stop and say nothing? Hey, you hit my car while I was driving 90 miles an hour down the street and almost hitting kids. Yanni wanted those speed bumps. That's it. Or the little Fisher Price sign that says slow down. That works all the time.
Speaker 8: There are a hundred of those in my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: The speed bumpings?
Speaker 8: No, the plastic signs or the flags.
Speaker 26: I had one.
Speaker 8: The day I put it out, it got stolen.
Speaker 6: And I watched it back on my cameras get stolen by a group of teenagers who threw it in their car.
Speaker 2: Probably the kid in the Bronco. You need a flock cam. That's what you need, a little flock cam. By the way, I've changed my opinion on the flock cams.
Speaker 14: Really?
Speaker 2: I saw a documentary on why they're using the flock cameras. You know how they're making money off these flock cameras?
Speaker 22: Oh, wow.
Speaker 2: They get your information of where you drive all the time. They're selling your information to advertisers and to people that... And they also said that there's a possibility it's not so much the rogue cop that you're hearing stories about all the time that's trying to find his girlfriend or his ex-wife or whatever the deal is. They say that eventually they'll know exactly where you are at all times to know where you're spending money at all times, where your cyber... Like they can actually get in your credit card for that already.
Speaker 6: Honestly, if they're going to give me a promo code to get a discount on somewhere, I already shopped fine.
Speaker 2: Your phone doesn't give them your name, address, social security number, everything like your driver's light or driver's tags. The state has all that info. What's up, Kyle? How you doing?
Speaker 25: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing okay, Kyle. I'm, uh, I'm wondering, what do you think? Do you think Shannon's house is going to get egged? Will she go home today to a surprise?
Speaker 45: I believe it might, but I feel like kids nowadays are kind of more scared to.
Speaker 50: Do stuff like that because like all the ring cameras that houses have now and they might feel like they might get caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's what a lot of people will do on our neighborhood Facebook page, for example, or they'll take a picture of like. vehicle and they'll upload it and be like if this is your teenage son.
Speaker 48: That's what I would do you know blah blah blah public shame I would post that like the kid like Wes instead of even Wes confronting him take a picture of the kid and throw the kid's picture who does this guy belong to.
Speaker 8: I think Wes just went up to him to be like, dude, slow. Like, do you understand? You just almost hit these kids. And the kid got lippy right away.
Speaker 6: And Wes does not do well in those situations.
Speaker 2: So what did he do? Did he turn it up a little?
Speaker 32: No.
Speaker 2: He punched him.
Speaker 8: You know Wes. Of course he turned it up a little bit. And that's when I was like, I am walking away here.
Speaker 2: I am an American ninja warrior. And I will jump over you.
Speaker 13: I remember one time we egged this girl house. And then years later, like over a decade later, I'm out with some people, and then I see a friend of mine.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, my God, it's been so long since I saw you. Remember we egged that girl's house? She's like, I never egged a house with you. I was like, what? She was like, but somebody egged my house.
Speaker 35: Oh, no.
Speaker 2: I was like, mm, mm, yeah. I was like, I was just, man. It was her house, though. Destiny says, Shannon, you do not need to worry. What's that, Destiny?
Speaker 18: I was saying that I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially with that, because groceries are too expensive these.
Speaker 2: Days, guys. They cost too much to eat.
Speaker 39: We're taking nobody's house.
Speaker 2: That is true. The egg prices.
Speaker 28: No one can afford to do that anymore.
Speaker 2: You are not throwing. They got to find other ways to vandalize. I remember there was one neighbor of mine. We used to do lawn jobs. You know what a lawn job is?
Speaker 22: Oh.
Speaker 2: Lawn jobs where you drive across their lawn and leave skid marks and things like that. Yeah.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that was good old-fashioned subdivision fun. TPing was celebratory.
Speaker 8: I've never TPed.
Speaker 2: TP, yeah. Like the coach down the street from our house, John, he was the track coach over at Harrison High School in Farmington Hills. He would get his house TPed by the team when they won state championships. I'm like, if I won a state championship and I got to go clean the toilet paper off my house.
Speaker 6: TPing is a big thing because we just went through this with all of the different swim teams and for swim finals and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And Lucy was with a group.
Speaker 6: This year because they kind of like branch off and group up to do it. And the dad who was driving the car got pulled over and got a ticket for littering.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: Because the police officer saw them teeping.
Speaker 2: That's no fun.
Speaker 8: There's a hundred houses.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: More than that that have toilet paper out. It's like a fun thing.
Speaker 35: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And they got a ticket for littering. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: He was an a-hole trying to reach quota. But how do y'all get the paper towel off the trees?
Speaker 2: I think it just, well, no, I think it's.
Speaker 8: It gets wet.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: So y'all not out there ladders and stuff, grabbing mother nature.
Speaker 2: You know what I saw yesterday? What I saw yesterday, speaking of neighborhoods and the Metro Detroit news, they had, where's, uh, let me find it. One of the towns, the big, the big thing that people are upset, upset by is their welcome sign. Welcome.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was the Birmingham. Welcome to Birmingham. Yes. So there's a town in the Detroit area called Birmingham, and they say that their sign that says, you know, like when you officially cross over the intersection that puts you now in Birmingham, it says, welcome to Birmingham. And they say that the sign is ugly. It is. I saw it. They don't like this ugly sign.
Speaker 8: Looks like there's like. spikes coming up out of the underworld.
Speaker 2: It's like burgundy brown poop. And people are saying that it reminds them of the horrible art, the butt.
Speaker 8: The golden butt hole.
Speaker 6: There's so many welcome signs around here that are just bad.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Farmington Hills got a new sign. I like theirs. What do they have? It's like right off the freeway. It says Farmington Hills. It's like you're going to the airport.
Speaker 14: Oh!
Speaker 7: Is it like the Detroit one?
Speaker 6: There's, I think there's another city that I just saw that it's just like the Detroit one.
Speaker 2: This is the Birmingham sign. So people can see it there.
Speaker 9: It's a, uh, it does, it look, it honestly, it's very underwhelming.
Speaker 2: For a town, for a town that has a lot of money. They got all this money and it's beauty. It's got this beauty. It does look like a little underwhelming. Like you would think that they would have, I don't know. Cartier, you know, something fancy.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not very impressive at all to, uh, to see that there. Oh my gosh. It's funny though. When people get crazy about, I love it. Do you ever read some of the comments that people will.
Speaker 8: Make on these things?
Speaker 6: As soon as I see something fishy about a photo or video, I'm like, Oh, I'm just reading the comments.
Speaker 2: The comments are amazing.
Speaker 8: Goodbye to the next 10 minutes of my life.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 2: Birmingham welcomes you. If you are white or Chaldean. That's one of their ones. Another one here. They don't like dollar stores, apparently.
Speaker 37: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's another one.
Speaker 17: Ready?
Speaker 2: You just mentioned the same one. Birmingham welcomes you as long as you're not a dollar store. These are all these comments that people are putting up. That's funny, though. Now let's read some of our comments.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: See, I read the comments, and I don't see the ones that you guys are. Sometimes I'll see they'll get a tacky and stuff on some of the comments. But it's the same people, though. I click on them, and they've got no friends at all or followers. What's up, Chad? How you doing?
Speaker 20: Good.
Speaker 2: How are you doing? Doing okay. What's happening? Me and my buddy used to go out all the time leaving lawn jobs. I had to crack up when you said that. Yeah, Kev never heard of lawn jobs before, like where you drive on the lawn.
Speaker 19: Oh, they're great, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you were young, you would love it.
Speaker 13: Did y'all... I've only seen it in movies, but did y'all have baseball bats hanging out the passenger side and knock down mailboxes?
Speaker 2: Mailbox baseball. Y'all used to do that for real?
Speaker 32: Yes, we used to do that, too.
Speaker 2: We got called by the police, I think, in Macomb County one time that our son Joe was part of a crew that was mailbox baseballing. I remember Joe. Joe dated a girl in high school, and then they broke up, and then Joe and his friends all went and did something, and the... They did it, and the dad goes, I recognize Joe by his eyeballs. Like, you actually could see him in the car. He recognized his eyes. Joe had big blue eyes. And he said, I always wanted to do that.
Speaker 32: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mailbox baseball is a federal offense.
Speaker 19: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's a federal crime to ruin somebody or do something with somebody's mailbox. What's going on? How you doing, Tina?
Speaker 11: Good.
Speaker 22: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: We're doing okay. What's happening?
Speaker 11: Good.
Speaker 42: I was just saying that hopefully the kid in Shannon's neighborhood doesn't listen to the radio to this show because he's getting all kinds of ideas now.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 8: Hopefully they just don't know what house I live in.
Speaker 2: Do your neighbors know who you are? Like, do they know what you do and everything like that?
Speaker 8: I think some of them do.
Speaker 2: Do you get worried? Like, I'm non-confrontational only because of what we do.
Speaker 6: That's also part of the reason I walked away. I get really nervous in those situations.
Speaker 2: Like, I would not want Wes to say anything only because I'd be like, oh, crap, now they're going to go and they're going to say that Shannon and stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but also.
Speaker 6: I don't disagree with what he did or had to say.
Speaker 8: So there's part of me that was, that's like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you think your kids will be like that someday? Do you ever think like sometimes out sometimes Tina, I don't know if you have kids or they're older kids. My kids are older. And I sit there and I go, I sit there and I go, my kids would never do that. And you're like, Oh crap. Joe's playing mailbox baseball. You know? Right.
Speaker 29: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Not very proud of you, Joe. What's up? Speaking of Joe, what's up, Joseph?
Speaker 22: Hi.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 15: Hey, I never got into any of that stuff, but I grew up with three nasty redneck sisters that did stuff like that.
Speaker 4: What kind of stuff did they do?
Speaker 15: And they didn't mess around.
Speaker 19: They put M 80s in people's countryside mailboxes.
Speaker 2: Oh my God.
Speaker 8: Like a firework.
Speaker 2: It's almost like, it's like less than a stick of dynamite, but it's, it's a lot.
Speaker 15: They would gauge toilet paper, uh, toilet papering people's houses by the weather.
Speaker 19: So, you know, if it was going to rain, they would do it before so it was hard to get cleaned up.
Speaker 2: Oh, man.
Speaker 19: They wouldn't egg people's houses.
Speaker 15: They'd drive around and find people walking alone.
Speaker 19: At night, and they'd egg bomb the people.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God. Who were your parents? Maybe they were looking for you guys walking. Could you imagine? What are you going to do if you're walking down the street one day and these guys start egging you guys?
Speaker 35: Oh, man.
Speaker 19: No, and they wouldn't use soap. They wouldn't use soap to soap windows. They would use a candle because wax is hard to get off.
Speaker 8: Okay, your sisters were evil. Hillbilly and evil.
Speaker 19: They were. And, you know, they would do stuff to each other. Like one got pissed off at the other one, and she was leaving to go away for college to check in the dorms. So she got a baby's cramp diaper and stuck it in her luggage.
Speaker 2: So her luggage fell when she got there. What are your sisters doing nowadays? Are they reputable people or are they in jail?
Speaker 19: Now, they're train rats, but, you know. But we still love them. They had a really good start.
Speaker 15: Oh, and they did the burning poop bag on people's doorsteps, too.
Speaker 2: That poop bag. Where were your parents? One of my favorite Instagram posts is the little kid who goes up to the door to go ding-dong ditch the door. And the person goes, Hey, I can see that you're right there on the ring camera. And he goes... He goes, oh, crap, I'm so sorry I was going to do that. And you ever see that one at all? And then he turns and you hear his dad go, hurry up! His dad took him to Ding Dong Ditch. Hold on, this is kind of serious. Julie, what did your grandma find in her mailbox?
Speaker 5: They had wires connected to it.
Speaker 15: So she was thinking, like, what is this?
Speaker 37: And she called the fire.
Speaker 29: Department, and it was a bomb.
Speaker 16: Oh, my God.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 5: And they had to disarm it because they were having kids.
Speaker 42: Vandalize the mailboxes up in my grandmother lived in Mayville at that time. They were running people's mailboxes over and that and they connected.
Speaker 17: They made like a.
Speaker 42: Little homemade like bomb mailbox if she'd opened it.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 8: That is crazy. Did they ever figure out who it was?
Speaker 38: No, no.
Speaker 42: This was like back in the like early 80s.
Speaker 35: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow. Way back then. That's crazy. Hold on. Here's something that is more interesting to do to somebody's front yard. If the kid in Shannon's neighborhood is listening, do this to Shannon. Allie, what was the thing?
Speaker 17: Where I live in rural.
Speaker 18: Ohio, the big thing is to plant forks in people's yards, like plastic, silverware.
Speaker 8: Oh, the wieners are funnier. Have you seen the wieners?
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 39: When they pull the.
Speaker 17: Forks out, all the little pieces of plastic break off in the yards, and.
Speaker 23: It apparently caused a huge problem for the.
Speaker 8: Yards around the town.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God. They would fork your yard. Hold on. Tina, what would you guys do, or what would your son do?
Speaker 15: Hi.
Speaker 52: Well, my son didn't do it, but the girls that they hung around with, this is terrible, they put tampons in our pool.
Speaker 27: Whoa.
Speaker 12: And then they put.
Speaker 52: Maxi pads, sticky maxi pads, on our garage door. And the little smokies on the back of his car, which my giant labs got up there, scratched the car to get the little smokies.
Speaker 4: Oh, the little sausages.
Speaker 8: The little sausages. That's a bunch of random stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, well, the.
Speaker 52: pads on the door we get morning sun so that adhesive really stuck but my husband made all the boys come out of the basement go upstairs take them all off get in the pool and the girls mom found out so they all had to write a letter to apologize and because it could have done some damage you know but.
Speaker 2: Yeah there come the cops yeah uh thanks thanks for the call we'll talk to you later all right second date update next.
Speaker 31: Add Mojo in the Morning to your presets on our free iHeartRadio app. And never miss War of the Roses, the Second Date Update, M.I.D.A. Hole, or the Throwback Throwdown. Michigan's most listened to podcast is the Mojo in the Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Hard to believe, huh?
Speaker 31: Download the podcast and listen on our free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's the second date update on Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Why are you not getting a call after you went out on a date? We're going to find out here right now. Olivia, you guys have been on a couple of dates. I know that you guys met on Hinge, but you guys have gone out on a couple of dates. And tell everybody where you guys spent the last time that you guys were together. Where did you guys go?
Speaker 17: Well, we actually ended up going back to his place. Okay. Um, after we had like dinner and drinks, um, yeah, we hooked up and went back to his place.
Speaker 2: And you spend the night.
Speaker 20: Oh, absolutely.
Speaker 50: We spent the night.
Speaker 17: We had, we went to full third base.
Speaker 2: Third base. Really? Okay.
Speaker 17: We fully hooked up.
Speaker 4: Like we made. Nothing like happened unusual when you were at his house.
Speaker 17: No, I mean, we literally just went right into having sex, and everything was fine. There was nothing weird or anything.
Speaker 2: And forgive me for asking this question, but was the sex good? I thought so. Yeah.
Speaker 17: And he seemed pretty happy, so.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's find out what's going on.
Speaker 16: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's now not calling you back? He's not returning any calls or texts or anything? You guys haven't had another date since? No, nothing. All right. Olivia, say hi to Jared.
Speaker 51: Hi, Jared.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Olivia. Jared, you could hear on hold, obviously, Olivia talking to us. What's going on? Why the no call? What's going on?
Speaker 12: Well, she just, she has expectations, I think, that I'm just.
Speaker 1: Not ready to address.
Speaker 2: What are they? Did you hear me? What are the expectations? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: She's just, she, okay.
Speaker 2: She's, she's really pushy. She's really pushy.
Speaker 8: Like in what way?
Speaker 1: The morning, the, yeah, the.
Speaker 53: Morning after everything that she just talked about, she started deleting hinge and changing all of her.
Speaker 12: Socials and stuff. And then she's pushing me to do the same thing. And it's, it was just a lot.
Speaker 2: So the next, so hold on the next morning she was doing what?
Speaker 53: Deleting her dating app, and she wanted me to delete Hinge as well, and talking about getting serious, and we're together, and we're a.
Speaker 2: Couple, and it was too much too quickly. So, Olivia, why'd you do that?
Speaker 17: Well, why wouldn't I have done that? I mean, we had sex. We've been on two dates. Like, we solidified our relationship. Like, we're going exclusive now. You should be deleting the app.
Speaker 20: I deleted my app. Because now I'm only seeing you.
Speaker 2: So you think that by you guys going back and having sex that you were now exclusive with Jared?
Speaker 25: Yes.
Speaker 9: Is that something you talked about prior? Like once we do this, we're committed? Or is this an assumption?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I thought it was obvious.
Speaker 6: This is screaming to me that you want to be in a relationship so bad. that this is like very, very, very fast.
Speaker 2: What do you think about this, Lydia? What do you think of her doing that?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, I've done that before.
Speaker 2: Wait, what?
Speaker 7: So I went out with this guy.
Speaker 10: We probably went out like on four dates, and we met on Hinge, and I was like, are you going to delete your profile or not? And he was kind of awkward about it, but then he did it right then and there, so I did it, but I'll never know if he redownloaded it.
Speaker 9: See, I kind of get that. Like four dates... you should know if you want to be committed to me or this is just something.
Speaker 10: Well, then like three months in, he ended things with me and was like, I'm not over my ex. And I think I still want to date around with other people. So I shouldn't have jumped the gun. Cause I feel like I saw his character right then and there.
Speaker 13: I don't think you can identify that somebody is your one in four. Right.
Speaker 9: But like, it's more serious to me. Like if we're still going out after four dates.
Speaker 2: This is, I need to, I need to not date anybody else after four dates. We're together.
Speaker 4: No, but it's moving in that direction.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: You don't start deleting stuff. I don't know. Four dates is a little early for me. Am I crazy? I'm not crazy. I think four dates is a lot of dates. I mean, it's more dates than two dates and then sleeping with each other. But I think that the idea that the next morning you're sitting there in bed and you're like, hey, let's do it here. I think I would wait maybe a date or so and go. Hey, where do you see us? You know what I mean? Ask that question before you all of a sudden go, I'm going to start deleting all my apps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a different way to phrase it.
Speaker 6: I would also hope that I don't have to ask my person. to delete the apps, that they would just delete the apps.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ashton wants to comment. What's up, Ashton? Second date update. What's up?
Speaker 14: I was just saying, I think she just immediately went to, or just immediately thought that having sex would make them be a thing.
Speaker 22: And in his mind, it's not working in that way. There's got to be some other things established before we be a couple. Just because we're hooking up doesn't mean we're a couple.
Speaker 2: Some people feel differently, though.
Speaker 13: There are some women out there that when they give themselves to you in that way, that that means you've been solidified as their mate and their partner.
Speaker 2: I think that's what she's on.
Speaker 4: I feel like a lot of.
Speaker 9: Women lean that way, but also that's a conversation that you have. Like, hey, if we're going to do this and move in this direction, then this is what I expect.
Speaker 2: Agree. Hey, Olivia, have you done this with any other guys that you've hooked up with? I'm not asking you how many guys you've hooked up with, but when you hook up with a guy, do you say the same thing to them?
Speaker 17: I would say this is the first one that I met on Hinge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No.
Speaker 17: I mean, it's the first time using a dating app for me. So it's like, okay, we found each other.
Speaker 16: This worked.
Speaker 17: Now we delete it.
Speaker 2: Now you get rid of the dating processes. Right. Okay. Hold on. Aaron, what's up, Aaron?
Speaker 21: Olivia sounds like a great woman to be with. Pushy and that would be a great attribute in a person.
Speaker 2: You're being joking, obviously, right? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 21: I'm being dead serious, Mojo.
Speaker 2: You like a girl that tells you what she wants you to do.
Speaker 38: A woman that can be down?
Speaker 20: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay. What are you talking on, by the way? Your phone sounds like you're off in the distance.
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 21: No, I'm on my headset because I'm driving.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: All right. Listening to us on the iHeartRadio app. I appreciate that. What's up, Brittany?
Speaker 29: Hi.
Speaker 33: So I was just, you know, kind of piggybacking off of, you know, Lydia's situation and the... I didn't.
Speaker 4: Get her name.
Speaker 1: It's Olivia.
Speaker 50: Olivia, yes.
Speaker 33: So I just feel like communication is key in everything. You can't just go on and assume things that just, you know... I mean, what does everybody say? You know, assuming makes a so-and-so out of you and me. I feel like you're just setting yourself up for failure at this point.
Speaker 35: So.
Speaker 2: Brittany, if you were in the shoes of Olivia, you were at Jared's place, you just got done hooking up. Are you just going to say goodbye and that's it? And we'll get another date going? Like, when will you tell him, hey, what's going on with our relationship?
Speaker 33: I mean, as soon as you're feeling the need to then, you know, delete your Hinge profiles and delete all of your, you know, chats with people and whatnot, you know, cut them in half, you know, just cut them for later. I just feel like you need to have that communication right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so say that right off the bat.
Speaker 4: And it saves you in the long run.
Speaker 2: Livia, maybe you needed to talk about that instead of just starting to do it and make him do it right in front of you. Which is, you know, probably better.
Speaker 17: It just seemed right to delete it right off the bat. And, I mean, everything just moved so well that it just made sense to. Like, why would you want to see somebody else after that?
Speaker 8: But what if on the third date, like, spit hits the fan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he turns into a total.
Speaker 6: You know, you guys have a deep conversation and you're like, wait a minute.
Speaker 8: We don't have anything in common, actually.
Speaker 2: Caught up in that rapture of love.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 17: Everything had been moving so well, I guess. I don't know. Maybe I didn't see it. He played a good game.
Speaker 2: And again, you went on a couple of dates together, but I'm assuming you guys have been talking for a while, too, though.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dan wants to comment. What's up, Dan? Hello, Morgan.
Speaker 17: First time, long time.
Speaker 42: Hey, Dan.
Speaker 6: Dan on the phone.
Speaker 45: I agree with deleting the app and your date maps and stuff like that because how are you going to know someone's the one if you're not giving them your full and undivided attention?
Speaker 4: I like you, Dan.
Speaker 2: Dan, are you in a relationship, Dan?
Speaker 45: No, currently recently single, last three months of a 13-year relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh, Dan. We got to get you back on. Get on Hinge so you can meet Olivia.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: She doesn't have the app anymore.
Speaker 2: Olivia, get back on. Darius, what's up, Darius?
Speaker 26: How's it going on?
Speaker 2: What's happening? What do you want to say?
Speaker 26: Oh, how you doing?
Speaker 37: Yes, sir.
Speaker 54: From my experience on messing with women that jump the gun like that so fast, they usually end up being kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: You think so?
Speaker 26: Why are we moving so fast? I know you gave me the draw. It's been two days, but damn.
Speaker 2: What have you experienced, man? What gives you that perspective, Darius?
Speaker 54: Well, my brother, I have my fair share of women in my time, and usually when they jump the gun that.
Speaker 26: Fast, it's usually why.
Speaker 54: I always ask the question why, and then they always end up being controlling or some type of pushy like that.
Speaker 26: It just never ends up well, because why are we moving so fast? I know you gave me the draws and all, but like.
Speaker 2: You know what, though? Man, sometimes guys like you, Darius, and Jared that have this happen to them, you guys really are good and bad. Maybe they're like, this is the best I've ever had. How was it, Olivia? Was Jared great?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 17: And that's what I knew.
Speaker 2: What a compliment, Jared. I want what I want, so delete it. Such a compliment. She says you right away. I won't say no to that. That sounds good to me. Okay.
Speaker 17: Hey.
Speaker 2: So let's... Why don't we do this? Why don't we at least explore another date with each other, and then you guys slowly decide if this is going to be something longer. Could you guys do that?
Speaker 17: I'm here for it.
Speaker 45: Jared?
Speaker 41: I would say, yeah, except for what happened, what we're discussing here, I think everything's been great with Olivia.
Speaker 2: Okay, then what? Then give her a call when we get off, and you guys restart up the relationship, and Olivia... Talk a little bit more instead of just all of a sudden doing the action stuff.
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 8: I'll try.
Speaker 17: Yes.
Speaker 7: I'll do that.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: And everything doesn't have to happen so fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like, just let it breathe.
Speaker 2: Good luck, you guys.
Speaker 16: Listen, I want what I want.
Speaker 2: I get it. I like this woman. Forget it, Jared. We want her. All right. Hold on one second.
Speaker 48: All right, that does it for today.
Speaker 1: We will be leaving.
Speaker 2: The studios here in maybe an hour or so, a couple hours, heading off to Comerica Park where the Tigers are going to be taking on the Rays. We're going to win! And a special thanks to Azolaw for sponsoring us hanging with the Mojo in the Morning listeners and getting to watch the Tigers play. Have a great day, you guys. We'll be back tomorrow. War of the Roses tomorrow morning. Make sure you're listening. 7 and 9 o'clock. It's already Thursday. Is that crazy? 20-plus years of idiocy and still going in Detroit, Toledo, and West Michigan.
Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning.