Speaker 1: Hey, Roobs.
Speaker 2: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one listener kfan each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choice.
Speaker 3: Set over to kfean dot comcuword contests to learn more and enter today. That's kfean dot com keyword Contests. Hi, welcome back to the powerto Morning Show. Let's let's dive into Fan five. But uh, we're gonna quickly transition to something else and saw us.
Speaker 1: The hotline is rain. Oh yeah, perfect?
Speaker 3: This might be.
Speaker 1: Perfect or terrible timing? Shall we see?
Speaker 3: Sure, it's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Remodelers. Thanks to buildings and Remodelers. Let's see who's on the hotline. Good morning, Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up? Hey on, how are you?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Perfect timing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you were listening to the Power Trip Morning Show, but uh, this is perfect timing because do you have any idea what we're about to do?
Speaker 4: It sounded like Fan five and I don't know. I just got a text from Chauncey billis telling me that he's not gonna able to meet us some planet planet Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Now, So no, she.
Speaker 5: Woke me up.
Speaker 3: John c will not be there, Terry Rochier will not be there. No, we just referenced right before the break, Chris that uh. Yesterday on Twitter, I saw Sauce about to watch Chad Powers. But then I never saw I never saw a review, and I couldn't tell that he was trolling, and just you know, took a screenshot of him on the home page there at Hulu. Sauce, did you in fact watch Hulu's Chad Powers?
Speaker 1: We did?
Speaker 3: Oh, we did.
Speaker 1: Kelly and I watching got kel to out on watched.
Speaker 6: Kelly and I watched it because I wanted to get somebody's unbiased, biased opinion on it, because shall have an open mind, because Hockey is right a lot of us when he says something is good, we immediately think it's.
Speaker 7: Bad, and that is unfair to Hawk. So Kelly is unbiased.
Speaker 6: Yes, Kelly got up thirty minutes in and water or twenty minutes in and walked out the first Now I'm not gonna watch anymore of it. The first episode is awful. It may get better, but like the mascot bit, it just fills parts quickly instead of like you know, it's only I think it's only a half hour. I don't know how many episodes. It is part like it gets to points quicker than like building the story, like how he becomes Chad powers is unbelievably weird. It's just he hung up, hang on, it's terrible, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: He just hung up. Yeah, it's terrible. But Kelly, who watched.
Speaker 6: It, who doesn't have an unfair, unbiased opinion on that, calls back zero.
Speaker 3: He just hung out.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be nice.
Speaker 3: List now tomorrow in Vegas is gonna be rough. Oh no, it's awful, awful.
Speaker 1: It's I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to review it because I didn't want to make him mad.
Speaker 3: It's it's horrible.
Speaker 6: He gets pepper sprayed, and then the mascot takes the head of the mask got off, and then says are you so and so?
Speaker 1: What are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: I can help, And then he automatically has all these things to disguise him.
Speaker 1: And he called back Okay, he called back, Hi, Chris, I.
Speaker 4: Threw my phone across the room.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Hawk, I love you dearly.
Speaker 8: It's bad.
Speaker 1: The first episode was I didn't got any.
Speaker 4: You all have such high caste because I'm just all billy hick from Nowhere's villain. I don't have good taste and you guys have highbrow humor and I like stupid things and I get it. But keep telling me more smarty pants, tell me about the intelligence and how it is and go ahead, got me more? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: So what did what did Kelly say?
Speaker 3: She didn't survive the whole first, but she walked away because what she said it was terrible.
Speaker 4: It's hard to watch something that with somebody who's already decided they don't like it. I understand, I get I wouldn't want to decide to either.
Speaker 6: You aren't correct. That's why I asked her for her opinion. It wouldn't have mattered if it was the best comedy of all time. I already have a disdain for it, so I'm I'm a tough critic. Hulu, whoever canceled your Hulu, Corey, did you afford?
Speaker 4: That's fine? No, it's good. It's good. It's completely good. It's good. No, I should have known better. I shouldn't. I should have known her. It's fine, it's fine. Story about I didn't write it. It's okay. I'm not sad. Powers the entire you know, the entire rest of the world is wrong too. Everybody loves it, but but not not not the smart guys, not not the not the geniuses. It's parts at morn show, not Martin Scorsese and David Spielberg. Nope, no, no, not you guys.
Speaker 3: Just cousin.
Speaker 1: Oh uh.
Speaker 3: You know we've we've mentioned multiple times that we all love the show task and I would admit that the first episode is the slowest, right, it's it's I still think it's very good, but it's the slowest of the seven.
Speaker 1: It's setting up the whole story.
Speaker 3: Saws. You just admitted you will not go back to Chad Powers probably not Chris.
Speaker 4: That fine. You shouldn't, George Carlin, you shouldn't. I mean, I mean you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Does it get better? Should he continue?
Speaker 4: I thought the first episode was very good. I thought the first episode was very good.
Speaker 3: Well, do you think the mascot thing was funny? Because he seems to be hung up on some mascot.
Speaker 4: Did the mascots like the key part of it? I mean the mascot It without the mascot, there's.
Speaker 3: No show, correct, But.
Speaker 4: That's the best, and it's fine. You know what. I'm glad you don't find join it. I'm glad you're a miserable, miserable prick. I think you all. It's it's completely fine. I'm glad you guys are miserable. Don't take joining things. It's fine, it's good. I'm god. At six am and I woke up and talk to you guys and make friends to me, that's great. I'm glad. I'm driving all the way to fourteen hours to be with you guys tomorrow. I can't wait. It's gonna be the best time I ever ran a lot of time.
Speaker 3: You're on his list now. I tried to my Hulu tone was inactive home. I tried to watch what.
Speaker 4: I hope. I hope your Hulu account burns your house. It's fine. I hope. I hope that you never get a chance to watch it. I hope that. I hope that that that Chad Powers and I become best friends or whoever the guy to plays it and and he wins Oscars and Emmies, and that he hears the show and decides you guys aren't worthy of them. I hope, but I hope that he's best friends with Josham and Josh and I hung out or hangout and and we all become best friends. I never tell you, guys, I hope that I get to go to Vegas and run into all of them and we go have a party together. And I'm just going to call you guys and say we'd love to invite you, but you don't understand humor. Your your too high brow for this party. That's what I hope. I hope you guys understand how low brow you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, as you guys have mentioned, Chad Powers has a connection to raising canes. Right, they're doing like commercials with each other or whatever they're promoting the show.
Speaker 4: You're not a lot of running anymore?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? Like, No, again, I'm not. I'm not in Sauces camp yet. I haven't seen it. I haven't gotten a chance to crap on it yet. But you're not allowed to watch it, Sauce. Will you give me whatever it costs for a month of Hulu to make me watch it? Will you pay the twenty two or twenty four dollars so I can get my Hulu back.
Speaker 7: Up and running and watch Chad Powers. Yes, you would pay me to do it? Yeah, because I want to. I don't want them just mad at me. I don't like when he's.
Speaker 3: To see it. It might be worth me never watching it just so he's mad at just you, because I was going to watch it with an open.
Speaker 1: Mind, as much as my mind can be open for Chad Powers.
Speaker 4: But there's no such thing as open mind. You there's it would take. I don't even know what kind of crowbar or juice or anything. I have no idea what would open your mind. There's no such thing. And his mind over there has already been closed, and you have the key to his mind, so you would not open his mind already close.
Speaker 3: If I watch, if I watched Chad Powers, sauce, Yes, I watched the whole season, and I freaking love it, And I say, dude, the first episode is the worst.
Speaker 1: It gets better, it finds its voice.
Speaker 3: You got to keep going. Would you watch it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Even if I said Chris is right, it's a home run. You just got to get past the first episode or two. No, you wouldn't go back now.
Speaker 4: You don't even trust yeah, because the half hour his time is so valuable.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that.
Speaker 4: You can't. You can't waste time on You got to read warm Piece. You've got real things to do. You got to watch I listen to the latest Dave Matthew's album and write down the lyrics and tattoo him on your leg. You got You've got things to do that are brows, that are real high brows. Come down here in the gutter with us.
Speaker 3: This is a true this is a true story. And Chris can back me up on this, and Zach can as well. We were all in Abbot's office a couple of days ago and that the book A Season on the Drink. Yeah right, Pat Harrison gave you a copy of the book. You were holding the book upside down in Abbot's office and you said, I'm going to read this, and all of us realized you had it upside down in your hands. This is I was heading on purpose. Yeah either way. Yeah, I don't think you're I don't think you're going to read that book. And I don't think you're reading more in Peace.
Speaker 6: No, probably not. I'll read that book top to bottom left, right, yes, hmm. By the way, Perish and Zach failed to make their survivor. I'm worried, man, I got hacked. I got I can't log into my account.
Speaker 3: Didn't we change the time to like seven pm? I thought we changed it. I thought we did too, But no, I don't think we did. I thought we all agreed on it be a text. I thought we agreed to bump it closer to the Thursday night football game.
Speaker 7: This thing's botched. We keep watching this stuff I made. I made just in case, I made mine. I'm out whatever.
Speaker 2: I swear to god, I made a pick and I can't even log into my account.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Chauncey billups hacked his account, Soil loses his survivor Pool.
Speaker 1: Didn't make one.
Speaker 3: On the flip side, Christopher, So I saw on social media last night, you saw the Wombats.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us how you threw a dart and found that band?
Speaker 4: They're playing literally like almost almost completely downstairs from the hotel that I'm laying right now. And I just was walking by and there was a long line waiting to go ahead, and we're a place we're staying on a place called La Live, and uh, it's right where the Lakers play, Like the arena is right there, and then you got LA Live and you got all these different cool things. It's kind of feels like Blockie if Blockie had worked, you know what I mean? Yeah, And so I walked by and I had nothing else to do, and so I listened to their music and I kind of dug it. So I bought a ticket and went to the GA and watched it and it was it was a really good concept. It's fun, it's fine. It was fun to find the band that, especially on a Wednesday night in LA didn't expect that at all. Had no idea what kind of music. I'm just all I was going to do anyway, was just come back and watch the greatest comedy of all time, Chad Powers, for the second time after I just started to beginning and watched the old thing, but instead of watching the Walmets, and it was good.
Speaker 3: What kind of vibe? What do they play?
Speaker 4: Gee, I'm trying to think of a BAM the very nineties feeling, maybe early two thousands feeling. Maybe. I guess the closest thing you could say is Oasis, only if they were having fun playing music?
Speaker 1: Is it like the Arctic Monkeys? Like Alt?
Speaker 4: I'm not talking, I'm talking. I'm talking to Corey. Why, I'm sorry, I'm talking to Corey. I'm sorry, I'm not I can't even who was that? Who was just talking Corey? Did you hear a voice just now?
Speaker 1: Jean ciscol, Jean Ciscle and something something.
Speaker 4: More like Geene Simmons.
Speaker 3: From You're on his list? Yeah, that's fine for you.
Speaker 4: It's a list of one.
Speaker 3: Now there's only one.
Speaker 4: Person on the list one two.
Speaker 1: So I say, I don't want to be in your list. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: You hated the trailer so much that you didn't even want to like the pilot? Yeah, because the trailer six months ago pissed you off so much. Yeah, how much of this has to do with your hatred of the Mannings? Is?
Speaker 1: It does? Didn't do with anything. I just didn't find it good.
Speaker 4: But what happened is he had to decide on his way into work this morning, do I want Corey to think I'm cool? Or how cay you think? Well, and it's way more important that you think he's cool. So he said, I don't like it. That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem.
Speaker 4: I know how it is. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: The problem, Paul is whether you like Chad Powers or not.
Speaker 3: It's not going to change my opinion on whether or not I think you're cool. You know, No, I get it. You know it's not going to help.
Speaker 4: She's not going to like you either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I screwed it up. Now, neither of you liked me.
Speaker 3: You loved task as much as I did. It didn't change my opinion of you at all.
Speaker 1: Help one.
Speaker 4: You know what happens. You know what happened, Corey. Can I tell you what happened? I'm not talking to him. Will you relate this to him?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: So he had this this homely. I admit I'm a homely, homely girlfriend. You know what I say that, I'm his homely boyfriend. Okay, but I love him, you know, and I treat him well, and you know, I make him dinner and he's a lot, you know. I I buy him new hats that Giant had his and and but I'm not I'm not attractive, I admit it. I'm you know, I'm a four. But but I'm such a good boyfriend that I'm a seventh. You know that kind of thing. You get what I'm saying, right, And then here you come with your giants uncors, right, just every physical trait exactly what he always wanted. But you treat him like dirt. You just treat him like dirt. But you know what, he's got the homely guy at home waiting on him, making him breakfast even though it's dinner time for the fourth time. And there you were making eyeballs at him, showing him you're us. And suddenly he forgot all about love and he just went to the giants uncors, and here I am homely hockey, the hillbilly.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is I look like Glenn Powell. You look like Chad Powers.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's exactly right. That's exactly right. I get it, And I'm gonna be here. I'm gonna be here.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 4: I'm back. I'm talking to you again. Now, you know what. I'm gonna be here for you, buddy. It's okay.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that I'm going to be here. Why don't you guys just look up in Vegas and make up we're in the same room. He is bad for you, hawk, don't go back.
Speaker 4: No, no, exactly, you know I can't. I can't. I can't resist him.
Speaker 3: Can't quit you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say that, but it's so too real.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate that I'm always here for you. All right, dude, dude, have fun the night at the game. Drive safely from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, Nevada, and we'll see you at what two thirty maybe three in the morning, something like that.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be nuts, I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep. I was talking to Spitzer. He's all said, he's got her gass up, and as long as we can get out of there with that traffic, we'll be on our way and it's gonna be Uh. It's like the Hangover Part four, yeah, which I know you guys hated all the Hangover movies too. There is the high brow humor.
Speaker 3: Kevin gord saw the second one twice opening weekend.
Speaker 4: I know you know what I like, Kevin Gordy.
Speaker 3: I love Kevin. What what snacks you bring in? Whoa road track?
Speaker 4: I haven't met any ladies here yet.
Speaker 1: Snacks?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know yet. I'm excited. Maybe no wafers? Oh?
Speaker 3: Good choice? All right, dude, see you tomorrow morning. Whatever U Tom Pella, Cyril. Thanks to Bell Bank after this power to you money join the fans you mentioned last segment.
Speaker 2: Bell Bank, Hey, forward one thousand dollars each week. More and more details on that KFA dot com keyword contest too potentially when an opportunity to give a thousand dollars to a charity of your choice. In this week's winner, Sarah Carrels, she chose Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota. When powers Minnesota is impacted by epilepsy through support, education, connection, and advocacy, so no one faces epilepsy alone.
Speaker 3: All right, well said, Let's get to a tablle bank and Tom Pelisaro dot com. Tom Tom Pelisaro joins every Thursday during the football season. You can listen to him on our show. You can also watch him on the NFL Network, and you can also watch him right now on KFA dot com slash watch. Good morning, Tom, How are you wonderful? Corey? How are you fantastic? All right, let's let's go with the breaking news and then let's swing it back to the NFL. This Chauncey Billups and Terry Rogier's story. We mentioned when the story broke a little bit ago that after the Jonte Porters story about potentially him altering his own games, you know, performing underperforming or overperforming with those player props, there was like some kind of weird national pushback going, this is the problem. Not necessarily sports gambling, but individual prop betting is a problem because that's the easiest thing to manipulate. All you need is one player to say, all right, I only have twenty yards. I'm just going to act like I have a knee injury and I'll sit out the rest of the game. And then everybody that I told the hammer the under is going to have this work out in their favor. That's the easiest thing to manipulate. So there was this pushback going, all right, this is what needs to be squashed. We got to find a way to minimize this. We mentioned it's swinging the other way. These predictive markets are blowing up. Everybody likes betting on anything that can possibly be bet on, and now it looks like Terry Rozier's in big trouble for potentially this and the Chauncey Billups thing is poker related and but possibly mob tizes it's crazy. But what is the NFL's plan moving forward with prop bets and watching this case unfold? Do you have any idea what their long term plan is to make sure this does not infiltrate the NFL more than it already maybe has well.
Speaker 5: I would start by saying that there are a lot of different things that the NFL has already done over a number of years to try to be proactive in terms of, you know, preventing anything like this from happening to the best degree that you can. Listen, people can make mistakes, and when that's happened, the NFL has come down hard. Their rules have evolved in terms of, you know, what players are allowed to do. You remember there was a series of suspensions a couple of years ago involving players who are betting on other sports, but they were doing it from the team facility, from in the locker room, which is against the rules. Those players got suspended, you know, Jamison Williams was suspended at length.
Speaker 8: Calvin Ridley was suspended for an entire.
Speaker 5: Cson for placing bets or or you know, combinations of different game results while they weren't playing. But it was still a violation, and there was this huge, you know pushback at least what I saw from fans. I know that social media response is a terrible way to judge the public's feelings on anything, but people just going how it's gambling. Everybody gambles It's like, this is literally the issue, which is if you, for instance, you know, developed gambling debts and then you might be under pressure from the people that you may have placed those bets with and they have potential undue influence over you. The NFL coming down as hard as they did on a Calvin Ridley, you know, for placing the bet on Hey, you know, I'm on injured reserve.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 5: I'm betting three different games, including the Falcons and betting on to win. I'm not even playing in the game. Well, you're still in the locker room, you're in the training room, and you might have information though.
Speaker 8: That's a bright line.
Speaker 5: And you know, I know that the NFL and the NFL Players Association have gone back and forth in terms of the difference between betting on NFL football in any capacity versus placing bets on other sports. They've lowered the the disciplinary rates for things that don't involve the NFL, but they've strengthened what would happen if you're betting on NFL games. And so, you know, the Terry Roseier case is not new. I mean, this has been going on for two years. I was reminded, you know, that there were stories out last summer involving you know, a high level of suspicious betting surrounding you know, his individual basically people betting me under at a bunch of different sports books across several different states. The NBA at the time did a investigation. Obviously, the government had done an investigation. There was no you know, wrongdoing found as implausible as that might seem, and the betters actually cashed out those tickets. So now the fact that the FBI has become involved is obviously something on you know, a different level entirely here in terms of Chauncey Billups, you know, getting allegedly and this is all you know, allegations, but allegedly being involved in illegal poker games. So this is not when you're talking about these types of things that draw the the ire of the federal government. You're not talking about you know, you and your buddies going and playing in the basement, you know, for you know, five dollars raises. This is like if you have an entity that is skimming off the top paying an entry fee, those are the things that make that illegal. I don't think that anybody is naive enough to think that there's not you know, professional athletes who gamble, they've got a lot of money, and in the case of NBA players in particular, they've got a lot of downtime. You know, I think that that's one thing that you know, nothing that none of this insulates NFL players from anything. But there's no ten day West Coast road trips in the NFL.
Speaker 8: You go in, you go out.
Speaker 5: You know, occasionally to Europe, you might go for several days. The Vikings just did obviously a longer stint, but by and large, you're flying in on a Saturday, you're flying out on a Sunday. There's much less time for you to get in trouble. There's there's much less idle time that you have. And so, you know, what the NFL has done is disciplined. The players who've run a follow the process. They've done extensive education, including and this is an important point that goes across all sports. The sports books are required to flag anybody that they see that's a professional athlete or that they think is suspiciously tied to a professional athlete.
Speaker 8: They flag it.
Speaker 5: If you sign up for a like for a book, as Calvin Ridley did, under your own name. It's immediately flagged. There's a one chance of you getting busted, and so they've tried to make that clear. You know, the NFL to this point is steered clear of, you know, anything rising to the level of what's alleged here against Terry Rozier and Chauncey Billups. But the NFL is not naive to the reality that, you know, things can always happen. It only takes one person to you know, get themselves in trouble. Roger Goodell said this years ago, back before the NFL had fully embraced legal gambling, which was, you know, the biggest thing is we want people to know that what they're seeing is real. We don't want every fumble, every penalty to be subject to scrutiny that maybe there's something untoward happening here.
Speaker 8: You know, if that happens, that can potentially impune the integrity of games.
Speaker 5: I'm already seeing people with the super cuts of Terry Rozier turning the ball over, bricking threes and all that stuff. That's the last thing you want is anybody going back and doing that. I would also say one more thing, which is it's probably easier for NBA players to manipulate, whether it's game results, you know, over unders their own personal props because you know, you individually can make a mistake. The NFL it's a lot harder because you got twenty two guys and all the parts fit together. Yeah, quarterback, you know, could just throw a bunch of incompletions or interceptions, you know, but for a lot of the players, it's harder to do that. But certainly this is a concern for everybody, and I would fully anticipate, you know, in every NFL building, NFL security people are going to be making presentations going guys, we know we've told you a hundred times, but if you ever wondered what can happen, look at what's happening in the NBA right now.
Speaker 3: Hey Tom.
Speaker 6: Earlier on your network, the NFL Network, Ian Rappaport was talking about some of the things that we can expect tonight in the game and Vikings wise. He said, there's a very realistic chance of Aaron Jones playing and Christian Dara saw his significant soreness in his knee is what he reported. What do you know about the significance of that Sorenus and are the Vikings going to be down? Both their tackles tonight, with Brian O'Neil only practicing in a limited fashion yesterday.
Speaker 8: The unique thing to.
Speaker 5: Us about these Thursday night games is Number one, you have far less recovery time than you do Sunday to Sunday. And for Christian Darrisaw who had not played one hundred percent of the snaps until this past Sunday, now you're asking him to come back from that four days later and be able to go out there and play again against the Chargers. The other thing that's unique is as much as you know, sometimes it's like, well, it's a game day decision, and teams will say that on a Friday, and they probably already know on Friday or late at Saturday morning. With Thursdays, a lot of times those final calls are made on the day of the game, particularly when you're talking about guys getting on a four hour flight going across two time zones. How do they wake up feeling? Are they dealing with any types of swelling? So in all those cases, you know, I believe that Ian's accurate in terms of you know, Aaron Jones, they you know, what's the what's the split in the backfield, what's his I don't know, but it does seem like he's got a chance to play tonight. And with Daris as well as O'Neill, it's going to be a matter of, you know, how are they feeling pregame. I don't know if they're going to put them through a pregame workout or not. Some of those are conversations with the medical staff that happened during the course of the day. Clearly, if one or both those guys are out, that is not an ideal situation against the Chargers team that's pretty good on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 8: But we'll get final answers sometime by this afternoon.
Speaker 6: The NFL trade deadline is a week from Tuesday. The Vikings are obviously on the road against the Chargers Tonight they play the Lions, who will be coming off of buy next Sunday. We've already seen like the oh to seven Jets have probably players that are available, and then we saw earlier this week that Dallas made a move for Max Crosby and the Raiders said, no, we talk about it all the time this time of year time, and you always say it's real tough to trade a big piece, do you expect any big pieces to be traded.
Speaker 5: Well, let's start with Max Crosby, because I know that somebody floated into the internet world that the Cowboys were inquiring.
Speaker 8: My understanding is they never called.
Speaker 5: Obviously it's Max Crosby, and you talk about who's available.
Speaker 8: Around the league, every team is thinking about this stuff.
Speaker 5: But it's funny to me, like I'll talk to gms and sometimes they'll say things like you think this guy's available, because if he's not, I don't even want to call because I'll just get yelled at by the other GM.
Speaker 8: Like that's a real thing.
Speaker 5: You do know what to just Hey, you want to trade Patrick Mahomes like, you don't generally make calls like that. Max Crosby, I mean, that's he's the face of the Raiders. And they actually after that that social media post went out a couple of days ago, they called in Max and sat him down and were like, listen, there's stuff out there like none of this is happening. We're not trading you, we're not shopping you. Not happening, And Max is like, great, I want to be here, so I'm not anticipating that he's on the move. I know that there's been some weirdness, you know, lingering really the entire season between AJ Brown and the Eagles to this point, when Howie Roseman has gotten calls, He's told people, I'm not doing anything. I would think the only way that you would even consider trading an AJ Brown or someone caliber on a team that's the you know, the defending Super Bowl champions and you fully expect you're going to come back and make another run of this thing. The only way would be if you think you can also acquire a comparable talent, and I just don't know that that's out there.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: I mentioned Calvin Ridley earlier, a guy who served a year long gambling suspension. He's in Tennessee right now. That's a team that is you know, they obviously fired their coach a week and a half ago. They're going to be looking for different ways that they can acquire draft capital. Is there somebody who's going to make it offer compelling enough that they would be willing to trade Calvin Ridley? I certainly think that's a possibility as this thing moves forward. They got a bunch of other guys, edge rushers, Draymond Jones, arden Key Corner Roger mccure, you know, names that probably aren't as familiar with people, but all those guys, if you make the right offer, I would at dissbate Tennessee. If you're not named cam wardor Jeff Simmons, they'll they'll probably listen on everybody on the roster. The Jets at Owen seven clearly have a bunch of players that people might be interested in, including guys in contract years. Breece Hall's in the contract or Quincy Williams is in a contract year. Alan Lizard's been available.
Speaker 8: For two years.
Speaker 5: You know, could somebody call on Quinn Williams. There's a bunch of different possibilities with the Jets. I don't get the sense that this is a fire stale and they're just gonna break it up. They're trying to, you know, build a culture and get this thing going in the right direction. But certainly I would anticipate the Jets would be, you know, actively listening as we get closer to the deadline. And that's what a lot of this comes down to, is a r the bad teams are they going to move some of their best players. The Saints, from everything I've heard, have no interest in moving. They're front line guys. Everyone's going to call on Chris Olave.
Speaker 8: I get no sense.
Speaker 5: Whatsoever that they are even willing to listen on him. The Raiders clearly again not listening at all. No intention of trading Max Crosby. They're flat out I've been flat out told by multiple people they are not going to trade Max. But you know, would they trade Jakobe Myers? Again, They're in a situation where you're trying to win some games and get something going in a positive direction here. If you trade your only veteran receiving threat, that you put yourself in a tougher spot. But jac Myers will be a guy who I anticipatill will draw some interest here. You know, there's gonna be other teams. But you know, in terms of those big time trades, I just you know, you never know. We still got what twelve days here until the trade deadline, you know, but you need that unique combination of a team that's going downhill, that knows they need to reboot and is willing to trade some of their guys that they're not going to resign. You remember Washington did it a couple of years ago. They traded both their edge rushers Chase Young and Montez Sweat, but they got significant draft capital for both those guys. I don't hear that anybody is in full fire sale mode, but we still got two more games to go, and the answers might be different when those calls are being made November third or four.
Speaker 3: All right, final question for Tom Pellisero of the NFL Network, thanks to our friends at bel Bank, and it's the big one Tom that everybody is investigating.
Speaker 1: And trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: How do you read into the JJ McCarthy Carson Wentz situation because everybody's trying to guess that if if you listen to what koc has said this week that if this had maybe been a Sunday game that JJ might have started. If that's the case, then does it almost matter at all how Carson Wentz performs tonight? Do you expect JJ McCarthy to play a week and a half from now?
Speaker 5: I expect might be a strong word, but certainly all the indications are pointing toward JJ McCarthy being available for that game against the Lions. You know, I think there's a bunch of different factors you have to take into account here, and you know, I know all the conspiracy theories and the soft bench.
Speaker 8: And all that.
Speaker 5: The bottom line is this the way that you ruin a young quarterback is you put him on the field if he's not healthy or he's not prepared. JJ McCarthy at this point is neither. And I don't mean that pejoratively in terms of his preparedness. It's the reality that he hasn't had a full practice. He hasn't practice on back to back days since.
Speaker 8: Before week one.
Speaker 5: The ankle's getting close, he's clearly, you know, very close to being able to do it. They want to make sure he's got all the movements available to him, and then the preparedness is going out and having a full week of practice. It wasn't realistic to say, you know, after last week's game and they put him through a workout. They at least we're considering it. But I'm short week. You don't even practice. Really, you might have sort of a practice on Tuesday, but it's not a you know, a full go type of practice off a long you know, the mini buy here off a Thursday night game. You can get him a full week of practice and put him onto the field, you know, I don't know, you know that we've seen anything to this point from Carson Wentz that makes you go that guy's a clear upgrade over JJ McCarthy. Boy, Carson Wentz is playing so well you can't pull him off the field. Carson Wentz, you know, for better or worse, He's not the only reason they lost to the Eagles last week, but he's definitely a reason why they lost to the Eagles last week. With JJ McCarthy, he is a young quarterback who needs reps. Kevin O'Connell continues to do the hard thing, which is there's all this you know, feur over why isn't he playing, and people speculating, and I see the top of cars every morning when I'm riding the peloton of a different debate shows, you know, talking about it.
Speaker 8: It's like it's not that complicated.
Speaker 5: He doesn't think to this point, the guy's been fully ready to go out there and play well and be in a group, you know, coming off this game again, you know, never say never. JJ could have a back, Carson could play lights out. You know, there's all sorts of different scenarios here, but this has never been, to my understanding, a situation where they're going, well, we might just Carson Wentz might be the quarterback. Like he's a thirty something year old guy who's on a different team every year.
Speaker 4: He is a.
Speaker 5: Classic backup quarterback and he's already played more games than you'd ideally like your backup quarterback to play. And you know, let the record show the Vikings right now, they are one to zero in the division. It is not a division anybody is running away with. The Bears have one four in a row. The Packers right now have the best record in the NFC, but that's partly by virtue of a tie. The Lions look really good, but.
Speaker 8: The Vikings are in this thing.
Speaker 5: So if you're going to make a run, you're going to need JJ McCarthy to be on the upward slope. The way that you do that is get him in a position where he's ready to go out there and play really well. It seems like that is going to be next week against the Lions, and then we can actually judge JJ McCarthy off what he's doing on the field on TV instead of what some dude on.
Speaker 8: Twitter is saying he's doing in the trade.
Speaker 3: You're the best, Please don't get arrested, Stay out of trouble. Stop texting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I'm going to stay in the house today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, perfect, Get back on the peloton.
Speaker 8: I don't gamble.
Speaker 1: Just for the record, No, you don't.
Speaker 8: I am barred. What do you what do you? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What do you do on the peloton? Do you do the classes?
Speaker 8: Do you do this?
Speaker 1: Scenic tours?
Speaker 3: Do you do? What do you do?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 8: I do the I do the rides, the studio rides predominantly.
Speaker 3: Who's your who's your instructor?
Speaker 5: Ali loves she's been she's been off for quite a while. Uh you know, had had a baby there, so waiting for her to come back with her and that. Yeah, Hannah Corban's that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We have one of those. I don't know what it does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sit on it and you're supposed to pedal and it's supposed to be good for your cardiovascular health.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, should look into it. Man, it's working for Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We switched shoes on it, so I don't. I didn't buy new shoes.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 1: You don't wear the same shoes as your wife.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 3: Tom, You're the best dude. See man, you guys, Tom pellis tarilfl Network. Thanks about bank every Thursday on the Power Trie Morning Chick. Now it's time for head lies. All right, this is impossible, but we're gonna try this. Thanks to Wolf River Electric and Wolf River Electric dot Com. Go solar in twenty five and beyond like I did almost a year ago, Solar panels. It's the best in Wolf River are awesome people, Wolf River Electric dot Com.
Speaker 1: Zachary, you're ready.
Speaker 3: This is impossible unless you're ready. Impossible right, I'm asking for the trifecta mad Lib style. All right, pay attention because I'm need I'm gonna need you to fill in three blanks. Ooh three. Usually I only have to worry about two. Sack your Mike's on. Just want to see if anybody gets even remotely close.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 1: A guy in blank.
Speaker 3: That's a location.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: A guy in blank was arrested for performing blank operations from his blank. Like I said, this is the trifect. It's impossib So a guy in blank and that is a location where he lives in the world. Okay. A guy in blank was arrested for performing blank operations. From his blank. Man, impossible, but let's see if anybody gets in the ballpark. Location is that kind of do a state or whatever you want. Let's go Florida. Zach's gonna say, Florida, saw, where are you going? For mad lipstyle? Where are you going with ssconsin? All right? So Florida and Wisconsin are the guesses performing blank operations. Zach man ooop job.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're going that's not bad rest augmentation.
Speaker 9: Uh, Sauce. I'm gonna say he was performing some kind of like heart surgery. You're going heart surgery in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Zach's going breast augmentation in Florida, and he was performing these operations from his blank Zach, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To think of a place that you wouldn't think is like it would be clean enough to where huh.
Speaker 1: Play along in your car garage. You're gonna go with the garage.
Speaker 3: So you're saying this is like clue in the garage in Florida, breast augmentation. Sauce, you have heart surgery in Wisconsin from his car. Car gonna be more specific, just for fun, the back seat of his car. Back seat of his car? What kind of cars? This guy drive a.
Speaker 7: KEI you tell you're right, Go and tell you Jeff Blazer Belzer and Blazer.
Speaker 3: That's his nickname because he loves weed.
Speaker 1: No, just a good dude.
Speaker 3: A guy in Thailand was arrested for performing illegal penis enlargement surgeries from his nineteen nine Toyota Corolla.
Speaker 1: You got the car part right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it just sounded the way you said. It sounded like it would be something with a car, So we got one out of six. You got the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't perform illegal penis enlargement surgeries in Thailand in a nineties Toyota Corolla.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, man, How do you even convince one person to exacho? Like nobody wants a bigger one than any of us. But I don't think any of us would do that, right.
Speaker 1: I would No.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't get in the back of a nineties Toyota Corolla and be like, you know, have at this thing in.
Speaker 3: Any country all alone Thailand. No, No, try this one. Archerd math lives here we go. A Turkish court ordered a man to pay his ex wife damages okay, after he saved her number in his phone's contact list as blank. What was her name in his phone, and somehow I can't believe this went the way of the female in this case, but he was ordered to pay his ex wife damages because her name in his phone was a bitch, Carole Baskin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the wicked witch was Zach right, bitch Caro.
Speaker 7: Her name in his phone was chubby. Oh that wasn't nice. That's not nice at all. Damages come on.
Speaker 3: Seems a little over the top, y, Yeah, I mean, approximately, what percent of employees in the United States of America last year said they took zero vacation days?
Speaker 1: Good question.
Speaker 3: What percentage of employees claimed they did not take a vacation day in twenty twenty four four percent?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ten. This is depressing and partially unbelievable. I don't know if I believe this much. Twenty three percent claim they didn't take one day of PTO or a single vacation day. Twenty three percent.
Speaker 7: Really, I don't know how that's possible, because like that's one in five people in the country right between one and five minutes or four anybody you hear or I mean, I hasn't taken any one.
Speaker 3: I didn't take one. I'm a workaholic. Yeah. Oh, Yeah, are you helplessly addicted to one hundred percent? All I want to do is help this company. I'm not taking any vacation days the rest of this year. Yeah, not one.
Speaker 1: You know That's that's brave of you.
Speaker 3: All Right. We say this all the time, and I'm going to say it again. I don't know if we've talked about this a thousand times on this showeh or zero, But when I read it this morning, I go, what So I learned this today, maybe for the tenth time, maybe for the first. Did you guys know this after you play eight years of Major League Baseball?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you know what you get? Do you know that? Does? How cool?
Speaker 4: Is? Go for it?
Speaker 2: It's it's a golden card that gets you you to tickets to any game you want.
Speaker 3: One rest of your life. You get a gold card to get you free and a guest free admission to any game for the rest of your life. Really, and we asked Jeffers about that or something.
Speaker 1: I don't I think we did. I think you're right. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying is my memory is terrible. That's why I don't take vacation days. I just want to keep working.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to say, like that Chipotle card that a few people have that would be cool.
Speaker 3: Doesn't Matt Burke have one of those? I think so? Yeah, or at least we made I think we asked the McDonald's one too, right. My wife thinks I have a Canes one. Yeah you should have a can Yeah you should if everything goes right. Ben Maller is playing Initials in Las Vegas with us. The Power Trip will be there tonight for a a purple watch party at Tom's Watch Bar. That'll be super fun, and then a broadcast live tomorrow five thirty to nine Central Time. But if you're in Las Vegas, swing by Tom's Watch Bar, New York, New York. Everybody open, anybody uh, swing by and see us. Bonus Zach Hawk and Sauce and Ben Maller playing Initials Game six hundred with one hundred and two thousand dollars up for grabs. That's tomorrow. That'll be super fun.
Speaker 1: That'll be great, dude, to see you guys in Vegas tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Sound good? Oh?
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I'll see you there. Bye. Come listen back to today's Power Trip Morning Show or to hear previous show that's The podcast is on the iHeartRadio app or KFAA dot com