Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are back home after a great road trip, winning every single series. The bus rides must have been electric with Miguel Rojas and Kyle Tucker. Kyle Tucker joins us in the shadow a World Series hero Miguel Rojas. How you doing? Do you feel comfortable enough to continue this interview with Rojas right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I feel great. He makes it even more comfortable, So let's.
Speaker 2: Do it like that. What's it been like for you so far this season? We're in August now, there's only sixty games left in the season, so the feeling out part of you being part of this team is over with Tucker.
Speaker 1: I hope, so after what almost four months or whatever? But no, it's been great. I mean everyone here is awesome. I mean I love showing ups the field every day and being around these guys and everyone in the clubhouse. So it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Everybody always wants to know what's it like? What's so special about the Dodgers? Have you found out in your first season?
Speaker 1: I mean, everyone's super supportive of each other, whether it's stuff outside of baseball, or like off the field or everything. On the field, everyone's very like supportive of each other and everyone's just trying to, you know, achieve the same goal at the end of the year and help each other out with that. So that's a that's a big part of why this seems so good and why everyone's so close. And then I mean they do it a lot of the stuff, like for the families as well, whether it's starting the game for the wives and kids that comes to the games, or helping out with like travel stuff and everything, and it makes a lot easier for us not to have to worry about that. So they do a great job in all aspects.
Speaker 2: I was joking about Miguel Rojas, but his bus ride microphone speeches or whatever he says or legendary. We don't know exactly what he says, but how often is he on the mic on the bus.
Speaker 1: He's on the mic just about every time, and it just depends on like the road trip or what's going and whatnot, and we just come up with different topics and playing music and everything. So yeah, he's he's pretty much on the mic every time, but he does a good job at it. It's it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: What was this last road trip? Like, I'm not sure if you had your wife and newborn with you, but it seems like these extended road trips really brings teams together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, some of the guys in the like the coaching staff was already in Philly for the All Star Game, so I mean everyone else flew out separately than them.
Speaker 2: And I was with you, Tucker, I know, so.
Speaker 1: We all met them all in New York and then bust down to Philly and then you know, the team that was here last year went to the White House, and then everyone else went back to New York. So it was a lot more family time than team time on the like travel like flight or playing or anything. But that only happened so often. So most of the time it's just the guys on the boss and playing and everything. So but it's fun to include everyone.
Speaker 2: I thought this last road trip was amazing for you guys. Nine games, ten days, Like you said, some guys had a divert to Washington, DC for a handful of hours, and you won every single series, doubleheader, our twenty rain delay in Philly. How did you, guys, How did you guys maintain and be able to still raise your level of game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was tough. I mean, especially for the guys that were you know, didn't have an ulcer break at all, and they were on the road from the get go, so it was a long road trip in that and I mean, we got a job to do regardless of where we're at, or where we're at in the season, where we're at in the country playing or anything. So we try to come out and just win the games regardless of the situation. But yeah, a lot of the guys had a long road trip, and you know, everyone I think is very happy to be back back on the West Coast and in LA playing at home now.
Speaker 2: Everybody was so concerned about a so called letdown in the second half. Are you guys aware of the lead you have? And was that a statement that there won't be a letdown?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even know what the standings are right now. I mean, we we just focus on what we can control in the game at hand. For us, I mean, we try and come out and win every game regardless, So I don't know what the standings or anything are. I know we're in a good spot as a team, and you know as a clubhouse overall. So we're just gonna try and you know, focus on tonight's game and try and win that and move on to the next.
Speaker 2: Kyle Tucker is our guest to head a first pitch between the Dodgers and Mariners. A rare second half radio interview for Kyle Tucker Homer's and back to back games in New York, and all of a sudden, TV wants a piece of Tucker. He stopped, gave me a courtesy fist bump or handshake, and moved on to television. That's how I demand you are these days, Tucker.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, obviously I'd like to do a lot more interviews because it means I'm doing well. So I mean, I guess it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Where is the feel? I mean, there goes one of your hitting coach is. You could say whatever you want, but where is the feel right now? On the season.
Speaker 1: I feel good. I mean, just trying to put together competitive bats and just try and keep the line movement for everyone else. So just try and continue that. I felt like I had some really good at bats, especially at the end of the Phillies series and then going into the Mets series. So just try and carry that on.
Speaker 2: Are you looking at where the bat is and all that or is it more about your feet staying connected to the ground. See, you didn't know I knew all these things about hitting.
Speaker 1: I got I don't know. I'd kind of analyze everything this year. So just trying to analyze everything and then simplified as much as possible and just go out their heads. So it's some work in progress, but hopefully it's it's been a lot better recently.
Speaker 2: You want some David Vass say, hitting advice?
Speaker 1: Sure, what do you got?
Speaker 2: Seaball hit ball?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Perfect? I haven't thought of that one yet. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All Right, before I let Kyle Tucker go. He and his wife have formed the Kyle Tucker Foundation. They've got a great Instagram page and they have a great fundraiser coming up on August twentieth to help end of life families and also the caregivers. That's coming up on August twentieth. Tickets are available in their link of their bio on the Kyle Tucker Foundation. IG. Why is that such a special cause to you and your wife?
Speaker 1: Well, so my grandfather passed away a few years ago and he went through hospital scare, So that's kind of a where it all started, and then we came up with the foundation like a few months later going into the next following year, So we've kind of done some stuff throughout and I don't think, you know, the palliative care and hospitale scare facilities necessarily get the recognition for the work that they do and everything. So we try and help out with all the work that they do over there because it is a tough time having to go through that, and you never know if you're gonna have to go through her family member, loved one, so it's tough. So we just try and help out and recognize some of the workers and the stuff that they do and everyone. So and then that this will be like our first event out here in LA so that that's exciting for us and just to try and you know, build what we're trying to do in the community with everyone and just try and see where things take us.
Speaker 2: A lot of us can relate to that, And I always feel like the caregivers they're saints in their own rights, so much patience, so much care for strangers, and I feel like them nurses are they're always the forgotten people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they did great, great work. I mean it's it's a tough job having to go into work for them every single day and put a smile on their face and everything, even though it might be a tough situation for the patient. So we're just trying to show her some recognition. For them, they're gonna come out and think about bibblehead Night, yeah, later this week and kind of enjoy it just a day at the ballpark, maybe throw out a first pitch and stuff, and just kind of enjoy their time away from what they have to do. So yeah, it should be fun.
Speaker 2: I love it. Hey, speaking of your bibblehead Night, I'm available if you need me to throw out the first pitch perfect.
Speaker 1: Might might have to get out there. See what that arm's got.
Speaker 2: Okay, you ask KK what that arm's got. I still got my fastball, Tucker, Awesome, let's see it all right. Thanks a lot for the time. Always great to catch up with you, and always great to share this side of you, because you're more than a baseball player. You're more than your batting average, You're more than your home runs. You're a person. You're a great guy, and you're vast a endorsed thank
Speaker 1: You, appreciate it.