Speaker 1: Fifth Birthday Bash at Frasier Island, November fifth and sixth, Thursday Night's comedy show has reached passive, but the waitlist is still open, and you can make sure to listen to the Power Trip for chances to win your way in. Then you can be there Friday morning when no registration needed for a live broadcast any Vegas Trip at November What the show off for grahps details a KFA dot com slash P five.
Speaker 2: That's right, Ben Lever, John Griesel, John Grieslo, Ben.
Speaker 3: Lever, Oh, Chris, it's good to see you, man, Good to see you. I don't even know the last time that we've been on the radio together. It's been a long time. It has too long. Yeah, it'd be really weird if you actually remember the date. So let's just kind of leave it arbitrary.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, Yeah, deal, Hi guys, it's almost here. Brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's full bubble gut season for you, Ben already for sure?
Speaker 2: Ready? I know when do they officially check in? Isn't like next Tuesday? Sunday is the Rookies? Right? Oh? Sundays the Rookies? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Tuesdays, everybody, Yeah, Tuesdays, everybody but big stitchers will be here on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Cascotti Scheffler yesterday on the during the press conference, said he didn't really give Kevin O'Connell any tips. He said he was hitting the ball well. But he said this is the last time he's going to see a golf course for six months, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Yes, or it is it should be it should better be better be yeah, better men. He can play during the you can play during the film. Yeah, but you gotta you know, you gotta watch the film.
Speaker 3: You gotta watch you know, self scout right, self scouted and then spend some time with your well. You know what though is he's his kids are getting old done. He can take them on the course. That's an easy way. That's get out of the house. Like I'll take the kids to the course.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they want to. They want to play golf. They want to let's go. Yeah they want to. Yeah, they want to do they want to do what I do.
Speaker 5: Benjamin, we saw you on Monday Initials Invitational on Monday late run for you right to make it close, but Linda Genten gets to win. I appreciate the initial shout out on Twin City's life on Monday. But what that reminded me of, and I've gotten a couple of texts from her this week as well, is Elizabeth is not the only one that gets anxious. She's legitimately nervous for tomorrow. Is she's freaking out?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I had a couple of people decline invitations.
Speaker 2: To the tournament because they're like, that game makes me too anxious. I can't do it really. Oh yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 5: I hate that I'm making people anxious, but I love that people take the game so seriously, where Elizabeth a week out was like.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm already nervous about next Friday.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I think it's interesting how the human condition for a lot of us is you just don't want to be embarrassed, you know, And you've made the game so difficult that it does feel like a challenge to your your mental state, and obviously you feel like people are judging your intellect. And I mean, if you can get past that, it's fun. But it's hard because you know, you put a lot of pressure on yourself. You try to play free, You're trying to do this, and when you don't play consistently, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Is that why Kim Jong un turned down then turned it down? Yes, turned it down. Yeah, number but if you're nervous.
Speaker 5: About getting embarrassed because you're gonna look dumb, the all time wins leader and the all time points leader, is this gay?
Speaker 7: By the way, Kim John got twelve out of twelve first game one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Elizabeth threes tomorrow though, right, so far we've had two two Lady winners, Kelsey Cook and Belinda Jensen. When we have two ladies playing tomorrow, Tatum Everett of the.
Speaker 2: Two Lady two, he's not here.
Speaker 5: The Tatum ever to the Vikings Entertainment Network and Elizabeth rees twins Ady's Live. They're facing Kevin Faulness, Greg Sweatberg.
Speaker 2: And Dust tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So we have a Michael A lady's going for Michael Grimm.
Speaker 2: Michael Grimm.
Speaker 6: The way you said that you should almost pause between it was almost sounded like Mike's rim.
Speaker 5: And tomorrow is one hundred and twenty thousand, five hundred dollars tomorrow.
Speaker 2: No, he couldn't make it. He chugged it down. He said he was too anxious. What about Keenan And Ivory went, no, we're not a big Keenan fan. We like Marlon. Happy birthday Marlin. Yeah, very very bummed out that Elizabeth is anxious about it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I know that she's very excited that children she saw us.
Speaker 2: If there's anybody I think that.
Speaker 3: Has bubble guts right now, it's definitely her for initials.
Speaker 2: But she is more excited than she is nervous. That's good. Yeah, she's the best. It's fun. Fun.
Speaker 8: Corey will remember this, but anybody else remember who they were talking about? I believe I'm right about this. Who Pa and to bab were talking about when they said when they or who said the glove coovy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who was it? Do you guys remember Gary Page? That's right?
Speaker 8: It was Okay, I'm right about that. He's fifty eight years old today. The glove, the glove covie? Yeah yeah, second overall draft pick in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: He was awesome. He was awesome. Man. Do you remember who drafted him? I assume Seattle, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, seventeen seasons in the NBA's run.
Speaker 4: Him and Malone, didn't they go to the Lakers late in their career and try and come up with a super yep, they lost the ted Danson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lost to the Pistons. I think I was malone yesterday.
Speaker 6: Waffle fries Man, Yeah, waffle so good, great season, sour cream. There is just you don't do the season.
Speaker 2: So yeah. The honey Mustard is a plus two always in season.
Speaker 5: That place, though, it's they must just print money, is packed. Yeah, it's always packed because it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great. You don't want it to be unpacked because it's bad. It's it's there's a reason why there's a line because everybody wants to go there. Yeah for sure. It's so you want to go where everybody knows your name, you know what I mean? Yeah, I do not for my father.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Well that's why it's called Gambler's anonymous.
Speaker 2: I want to go to eaters anonymously. That's why I'll do on the road by myself. Man. Solo Dinners are the best. They really are.
Speaker 9: Cafe in News with Chris Hockey presented by the Saint Paul Saint.
Speaker 2: That's right, c HS Field. Just wait now and you get down to watch these same fall. Saints played baseball tonight. Get your tickets at Saints baseball dot com.
Speaker 8: That's Saints Baseball dot com and don't forget this weekend celebrating the Prohibition era of Saint Paul. Lots of fun things going on Saints baseball dot com.
Speaker 5: Ben, you guys just mentioned Prohibition on the on your TV show a day or two ago. You know, we were just h didn't we just talk yesterday about like Dyllinger and Capone and all that kind of stuff and the whole Prohibition thing. It just doesn't that feel like it should be three hundred years ago. Unbelievable, it really, It just feels so outdated. But it's not that long ago in our country's history.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't we We did a bourb tour last year when we're in Louisville, and there was a place Bardstown, which is freaking awesome. They they had a room that they had a bunch of old bourbons, very very old, and there were some that were so old they had the prescription label for during Prohibition because that's what kept the industry alive there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, think about all the things that came about because of Prohibition and hawk isn't it just modern stock car racing was because of Prohibition.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the thing. Yeah, they shooped up their cars to run from the regulators. You know what were they called revenuers? From the revenuers?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, no, even the right era, about fifteen years too early.
Speaker 8: Oh no, anyway, yeah, so, but that's not the news. Let me tell you about the news, if you wouldn't mind, Ben, I have a question for you. Sure the rage now is peptides. Sure is, and a Food and Drug Administration Advisor panels considering whether the peptides can be made by licensed pharmacies and sold with a prescription. Peptides are compounds that are often marketed as wellness treatments, and they've grown in popularity. I know quite a few people who literally swear by them. They've been touted to help everything from wound healing to weight loss. They were initially popular among bodybuilders and so called biohackers, but they've been pushed hard by social media influence influencers. FDA scientists said there's not much evidence supporting the safety and effectiveness of these seven peptides up for consideration.
Speaker 2: They're taking a look at it. What are your thoughts on peptides.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of them, actually, I think there's a lot of myths around peptides, and of course everything in this world can be manipulated, and you can find the wrong place and you can take a bad batch, right. I mean, I think part of the reason why a lot of these people have or a lot of people have negative side effects, is that it's the sourcing.
Speaker 2: Where are you getting it from.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I've heard of high school kids getting this stuff from pharmacies in Mexico.
Speaker 2: They're ordering stuff online.
Speaker 3: They're not going to an actual compounding pharmacy which has a lot more regulations.
Speaker 2: Go to game day, Yeah, Sauce and I go to game day. You go to game day and.
Speaker 3: It's you know, a lot of people think it's it's just for one or two things. There's there's peptides for everything. And peptides are a naturally occurring thing in your body. They're just like short little branches of amino acids, which are just the building blocks of proteins. So they're not manufacturing anything synthetic. It is already something that your body produces. You're just kind of it's just a supplement like anything else. So this big ruling that's coming about what the FDA is going to be it's gonna be huge. I mean, if they can, it's not all all bad for all these peptide manufacturers. But I think everybody in the in the whole wellness space and the peptide manufacturing are definitely paying attention to what's going on with the FDA.
Speaker 2: Neil did, Yeah, there you go. Of course, good good. I was knowledge right there. Yeah, I appreciate good over expence. That's why I asked, Yeah, well, he knows things. He does.
Speaker 8: Similarly, GLP one weight loss drugs are apparently saving companies money. A new study shows those on the weight loss drugs took seventy percent less long term sick leave than people who didn't use the medications.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 8: The study by the National Bureau of Economic Research shows the reduction in sick time used has led to savings for companies equal to one point three to one point five percent of an employee salary.
Speaker 6: Not to mention, if that company is self insured that obviously there's other health benefits that then prevent them from having to be such a burden on the health insurance.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at the downstream effects of just GLP ones and people lose using it to lose weight and get their and get their insulin in check. I mean you're talking about not being on, not being diagnosed with diabetes, not being on those drugs, not having long term health effects and all of the chain reaction of drugs that you'd have to take because of lifestyle choices like that. Now, that doesn't that doesn't mean that you don't change your lifestyle because you know, you still have to change your lifestyle. So then it's not like a magic pill, but it is bigger, but it definitely is. It has to be saving the healthcare. I mean in the next you know, ten to fifteen, twenty years, I mean, it'll be interesting to see how much money the healthcare is saving by these people not being you know, on all these medications.
Speaker 5: Saus when you were going to start taking this, our boss chat abit was like, Sauce.
Speaker 2: You got to start lifting weights.
Speaker 5: Get you can't just take the pills or the shots. You gotta do something. You got you gotta do something. Yeah, you gotta do something. And you were like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I will. You've lost a lot of weight, look right, started anything yet?
Speaker 4: I mean I pick up twenty five to thirty pounds, about fifty times a day.
Speaker 2: Think are you are you lifting with your legs? Oh, he's got calves is steel? That's true. We don't. We don't need to improve the calves. Thank you. That's what. That's very kind of you.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 2: You go for walks, though, don't you? Sometimes? No, not really, I don't do a little kitchen and back. Yeah, down to my video games. Yeah I should, but I yeah, I get outside. Maybe I set out on the deck, lift weights. I can Is that lifting weights or is that what? Look at him? You just go to lifetime to do that? Not go there? Uh? Well played? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We uh yeah, I'm fine. I've lost almost twenty five pounds. Yeah it looks great, brother, Yeah you do look good. Yest time since wrestling. I can see my six pack, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really can't. In probably I've never had one of those. I haven't either.
Speaker 4: Hockey's currently at what I waighed in fourth grade?
Speaker 2: He weighs two twenty. Yeah. Yeah, it's uh, it's great. It's a miracle. Yeah, it's a miracle. It's good. You look great. Appreciate it. You want to kiss you? Okay? Likes when you had bigger boobs though, To be honest, yeah, surgery for your Yeah, and I are I put money where my mouth is. And I also like to see your tolers. Thank you just seeing gravity goblins. And for the important news.
Speaker 8: A proposed hotel that would be shaped like a heart now has the approval of Clark County.
Speaker 2: It's the iHeart Hotel.
Speaker 8: What it'd be near the Mandolit Bay and would replace the so called match sticks.
Speaker 2: What that is? Excuse me, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Those are the two concrete columns that have stood for years.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be like the high roller. It was supposed to be. Yeah, yeah, of a flow. I know where that is? Okay? Interesting, developer says.
Speaker 8: The proposed hotel will include restaurants and retail, as well as an outdoor recreation area.
Speaker 2: We don't need that. It was about that.
Speaker 5: It was about one week ago where our boss chat Habit told me, he goes, how many people do you think care about Las Vegas construction?
Speaker 2: You guys did multiple.
Speaker 5: Segments about about like the hard rock guitar progress and the A's stadium, and I go, I don't know, I go.
Speaker 2: A lot of our listeners like Vegas. Do you think they care? I care? So then now we keep bringing it up, Paul again, don't encourage it, right, don't encourage it. Don't encourage it.
Speaker 4: We did two segments yesterday on the Grim Reaper lead singer and hammered into.
Speaker 5: We had two segments city on South Dakota tourists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we can talk about whatever we want, and we.
Speaker 5: Like Las Vegas construction and architecture and layouts and city planning and ladies of the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and tell me why so. Look if if they changed the hours on a lot of places are twenty four hours?
Speaker 5: If they if they change, like White Castle now is open till two in Vegas.
Speaker 2: I hate White Castle.
Speaker 5: I want to know how much I like that town. I would rather know everything about Las Vegas than I don't know Maple Grove.
Speaker 2: I don't care Vegas or should see it for themselves in November exactly see full Circle nailed it every time. It's a sad story.
Speaker 5: In fact, we should just do an entire submit daily instead of vikings news like the off season when we can't find it's just to be Vegas construction news presented by Radco.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have we have a news source, AP News, and as I'm putting my news together every day, I do Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Las Vegas, Nevada. Yeah, just to see what's going on, just in case what's going on there.
Speaker 2: I gotta know.
Speaker 5: Well, Ben, did you hear the thirty minutes we were heavy into South Dakota.
Speaker 2: I really miss that. I'm going a.
Speaker 5: Lot of dead would love in the first thirty minutes Rapid City.
Speaker 3: I know you are. You say that all the time, and I actually believe you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it. Try to maybe go to rehab No no, no, no, no no, moved South Dakota. So you would go to what you'd go to where Deadwood? You said, yeah, I might, I mean Rapid City might be easier.
Speaker 6: I would say Rapid City because it has everything you need and you're still in the Black Hills.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, I just need a good radio station where people think I'm in this studio.
Speaker 3: This sounds silly, Thank you, This sounds silly. But I would probably have my primary residence in Rapid City. But then still a cabin and Custer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, baby, Custer's the jam of customer, the rates man, damn it, Piste, damn it.
Speaker 2: That whole area is just fantastic.
Speaker 5: Second here let me google current construction projects in Custer, brought to you.
Speaker 2: By Red hang On. Oh yeah, I've been there. We'll see what's going on Custer. I'll see if we can tell the people. Yeah, you move there? Oh yeah, I love Who doesn't? Who does? Come on?
Speaker 3: I want to know what Abbot wants us to talk about. Would he talk about fishing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, shooting animals, ripping rosie.
Speaker 6: I think you want us to talk about going to John creesl dot bok me for your next speaking engagement. Thanks to the City of a Diner for doing that for me. Beautiful spot, great people. But yeah, anyway, I love you guys. I will see you sometime next week. Can't be Friday, but yeah, John criesyl dot com. Let's get it on the calendar.
Speaker 2: Ben and JK.
Speaker 5: You guys are in that wild card hovering spot right for the initial invitation that you guys both put up threes? Correct, So you guys got a outside chance? Is still sneaking through to round two?
Speaker 2: Roll in a leg Russell Ford or what you win? Hey? You know what they always say? Three doing a pinch brother, That's cool, Mike.
Speaker 6: Son what I absolutely went against my own advice and didn't pull the trigger on two of them that I was pretty sure, don't you hate that?
Speaker 2: And that would have gotten me to four?
Speaker 5: Or and that maybe five four gets you through wild Card for sure?
Speaker 2: Right, but but you never know. I will I might be enough.
Speaker 6: Watching with excitement, Love you guys, Go Lovelator.
Speaker 2: Chris Sauce with sports after this on the Van.
Speaker 9: Cheaper Machine, Kimi fan, Welcome to a great show so Treasure Island this year, including Gabriel Glacies and July thirty first, Joe Bonamasa on August fifteenth, and Soup Dog on September fifth, as well as Rod and White on October seventeenth. All details on all of our upcoming shows in the concert page campaign dot com.
Speaker 2: Your calendar, Fluffy, Fluffy, that's right? Nice you like Johnny kay lo love you buddy. Were gonna share a house.
Speaker 8: We're gonna get one of those what do you call those houses that you get for like three months of the year. We're going share a place in the gilhood. Let's do it, brother, Yeah, listen to the Okay, listen, Sauce. Everything you said up here was bothered and I hope she's okay.
Speaker 2: You acted it out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, but I could, I could picture it. Yeah, and I think it's rude that when she comes home your spreading gone.
Speaker 2: I did not say that propped up like that. I can't get propped up. That's that's what we thought. But then you showed us that's not true. They got Gilbert Grapes Mom out of that house. I know that.
Speaker 5: Pull your hands up, Gilbert Grapes Mom. What hawk Well, yeah, she was in a movie. She's famous. Pull your hand still up.
Speaker 2: Rocky Dennis is a woman and can't be like that. Man. That's just mean. That's just mean.
Speaker 5: That's over the line. You don't know where the line is. A line you've never known.
Speaker 2: Where the line is. Listen, listen, I need to see the whole picture. You know what I mean. All Right, he's raw dogging it for seven hours. Who got some sat hats brought to you by your friends at Circa Casino. We'll be there to month. You should with us in November Circa rules. Okay the best.
Speaker 4: The Twins snapped their four game losing streak by smashing the Guardians ten to six. They played today at twelve oh five. Taj Bradley will go for your Minnesota Twin.
Speaker 2: Here's Tas Bradley.
Speaker 5: Okay, fantastic man.
Speaker 2: We will cheer for you today. And I don't know who ding from Derek Shelton. Sure are you gonna hear it? Yeah? Yeah, he's the best. I didn't know. All right, that's it, Shelty, Yeah, that's all they had.
Speaker 5: What if the greatest coach or manager in the history of sports talked like bobcat natural voice was check. It was like or either, but just like in general, like I just can you imagine, like, coach Man, that is your fifth super Bowl win, You're the best of all time?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about how do we take this guy seriously? But he's a genius. Or Mike McDaniel, but like Bobcat.
Speaker 3: Or imagine a potential Hall of Fame quarterback that sounds like Kermit the Front.
Speaker 5: I mean imagine that, Imagine imagine that. How do your Mahome's impression?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, board els.
Speaker 5: A kid from Overboard. We can't even say. We can't even say it's a good pee wee herman impression. It's more of the kid from Overboard trying to do a.
Speaker 2: Pee wee herd. It's like exactly how that kid sounds. Yeah, God, I love that movie. Yeah, defin't want to play all right. God.
Speaker 4: Gopher head basketball coach Nico medved signed a contract extension through the twenty thirty one twenty thirty two season.
Speaker 2: Here's Nico, thank you. Oh you're welcome me bro, good for you.
Speaker 5: Dumb take of the day, because I know it's twenty twenty six, doesn't it sound like that's not even a year. Yeah, that twenty thirty two is like, not a sci fi novel.
Speaker 2: That's not that far away. Oh it's not at all. What is happening to time? Oh not away? I got him? I got him? That was funny. Sorry I laughed. You know which button's gonna work? No? I know, No, I like it. It's like, it's good we play that again. Probably, let's see here.
Speaker 4: The Lynx beef the Storm eighty six seventy six for their twenty second victory of the season, and a fista Collier came back.
Speaker 2: She had twenty four in her return.
Speaker 4: They battled the tempo next Tuesday after the All Star break.
Speaker 2: She's good, many, she's back. She never lest I know happen?
Speaker 3: They didn't really, they didn't really put a whole lot of restrictions on her.
Speaker 2: Did they No.
Speaker 3: I mean they was like, all right, you're healthy, get out there and go play.
Speaker 2: It was nine of twenty, so took it to the Yeah.
Speaker 5: Olivia Miles thirteen point six assists, McBride had twenty.
Speaker 2: We got a big three in Minnesota, right, big three? Yeah? Man, I mean we are the clear for to win. Right.
Speaker 5: The Aces are in the mix as well, but I think I think the Links in the Aces are considered the two front runners. I feel a little bit like back in the day when I used to name high school girls that I went to uh that I went to high school with as like the Lynx names during sports reports to see if I cant sneak it by certain someone. I feel that way about the Lynx bench, Like we have an all star lineup, like five starters. Then you look at the bench, I'm like, oh, man, I don't I don't watch enough Links basketball because I don't know any of the names on the bench. But our starters are legit. Yeah, oh yeah, I'm sure, especially the big three. Right, that's all we need. And that's not even counting. According to Williams, we're just talking McBride and Nafisa and Olivia and misty Mind and Misty Mond.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Red Sox fifteen game winning streak came to an end after they lost five one to the Orioles yesterday, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell of a run though, Yeah, good for them?
Speaker 5: All right, dude, I watched Point Break last night as background noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So when I turn on my TV, like before, I pick which streaming app I want, Like, the TV gives me like, you know, these movies are available for free, and then they wait, it was not because you know, it's one of those bits where it's a free movie, but every fifteen minutes you have to watch like a minute and a half of ads or as we used to call them, commercials, Right, but now it feels so foreign to click on a movie and demand and have to watch commercials. But I'm like, I need background noise. What am I doing here? And I picked Point Break and I watched it all. It's freaking amazing.
Speaker 2: I freaking zy. Did it stay background noise? Or did this distract you?
Speaker 5: So there were times they full on distracted me, There's no doubt about it. I got very little work done during multiple bank robbing scenes.
Speaker 2: Why did body get so greedy? Yeah? Why did he go for the vault. I don't know. I don't understand it.
Speaker 5: And you know, Pappus makes the point when they're throwing those bricks into the pool and he's got the blindfold, He's like, I've been in the field for twenty two years. No, somebody's got to explain to me why diving into a pool with a blindfold and retrieving bricks is going to impact my day at all, because I get in there.
Speaker 2: How long do you want us good live in Deadwood? All right? He's great?
Speaker 4: How much ler can you put up with the rest of us?
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this, Ben, I like to nitpick movies from time to time, and that's one of my all time favorite movies. So so Body, so Body and uh and Johnny Utah are playing night football, right remember, and then h and Johnny Utah tackles Body into the water. Yeah, don't, don't, just just slams him, right he just like he tracks him down and slams him into the water twice.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's not even close to enough.
Speaker 5: And all of Bodie's buddies are about to kick the hell out of Kiana reads like, what are you doing? You're taking this night game of football too seriously, you just tackled him into the water and uh, Patrick Swayze's body goes, you don't know who this is.
Speaker 2: This is Johnny Utah quarterback Ohio State Buckeyes.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, everybody's like, oh yeah, number nine or whatever, like they have like.
Speaker 7: These four surfers don't watch college football.
Speaker 2: They don't know who the hell Johnny Utah is. Great movie. Hey, hey, high school hockey? How late is she? What are you thinking to yourself? So much longer till that microphone gets fixed three months late? Es, Yes, she's pregnant. Hawk man, Hey, that girl's dad. What do you think about hawk? He's not coming back. Hey, Anthony Ketis. Didn't Chris and that gal she get married? That would be three months?
Speaker 8: Hey, tell TV guy who wants to check out the hockey shige school girlfriend?
Speaker 5: No rosie, no rosie?
Speaker 2: Okay, so what is this that point about three months?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's when they bust the wrong group of surfers and the anti Ketis group. The the papist in Utah think is it's them, So they stake out the house and then the guy one of the guys that's in the house was an undercover agent that had been working that case for a specific amount of time. Forget how long it was. I wanted to be it. He'd been undercover for like it was three months? Yes, and then Utah and Papist ruined the whole.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you put that in there. Three months. Let's see here the brand.
Speaker 5: Well, before we get back to sports, does anybody have any updates on Las Vegas construction projects that you're interested in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that guy does.
Speaker 5: Why don't you just tell you your theory will go get these guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how much longer should we talk about Vegas construction?
Speaker 2: Twenty two years? Perfect, so long he's been in the field, can you guys? Can you guys? Honestly?
Speaker 5: Is there any better Bucy movie though than Point Break?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: No, Rookie of the Year, No, right, it's good though.
Speaker 2: Obviously the Buddy Holly movies. But that's that's real. Yea.
Speaker 5: His best movie is Point Break, right, of course. And he's awesome, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is good. No, he's I mean he's super old, super weird. I mean he's kind of brain dead. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Two weeks from tonight, Yeah, the NFL Hall of Fame game, Yeah, baby.
Speaker 2: Two weeks from We're gonna talk about Viking said we come back.
Speaker 10: Sure, she's a little late. This is just three months late. Saya condios kinda.
Speaker 2: You don't reach can act, man, I don't care what anybody says. That do is great.
Speaker 5: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by Denz Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, good morning everybody. Here we are Power Trip Morning, and it is time for a little biking's news.
Speaker 2: Because it is almost time for a little biking season.
Speaker 5: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented by Joe Dude. Shout out to Radco so they sponsored Vikings News and Las Vegas Construction.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, I love I love their support.
Speaker 5: Man. They're all over the Power To Morning show. That's fantastic. Thanks Radco. Yeah, thank you Radco.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 5: We talked earlier about the Chiefs renderings of their new three billion dollars Sam, have you seen it? Yeah, it looks spectacular. It's great, but it's domed. Right, you're a you're a football purist. How do you feel about the Kansas City Chiefs potentially playing indoors?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Actually, let me ask in a different way, since the Vikings are also an indoor team. Let's say you're the commissioner of the NFL and you have absolute power. You don't have to ask anybody else for advice. You just get to make the call. There's thirty two NFL teams. If it was up to Ben Lieber, how many of the thirty two would play indoors? How many would play outdoors? Want to be universal? Would all thirty two be indoors? We'll all what all thirty two be outdoors? How would you do it?
Speaker 2: Gosh?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I would push for as many out or games. But the older I get, the more I believe.
Speaker 2: And I know that you feel this way, Corey, that the postseason, especially the super Bowl controlled environment has to be.
Speaker 3: Inside Dome Stadium. Don't have the weather be a part of it. That that just sort of neuters a lot of the team's strengths.
Speaker 2: And we would just want to see good on good.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I want to get to the super Bowl. I want to get to playoffs, and.
Speaker 3: Like I want to see who the best team is not because of a guy that's slipped on a.
Speaker 2: Rainy day or a snowy day.
Speaker 3: Or guys are missing tackles because it's too cold outside. Whatever, Like, I want the I want these guys at their absolute best.
Speaker 2: So I would probably say.
Speaker 3: More more domed than I would say open air, because you don't know which teams are going to make the to the playoffs, and I want good playoff football.
Speaker 5: Well, and again, the money trumps everything, right, And the Chiefs have already basically said the reason why they're doing this is they want to be in the mix for Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: They want to be in the mix for Final four, is World Cups. They want all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a long the end they're doing. Yeah, control the weather, arenas and stadiums. And I get that.
Speaker 4: That's a that's how you get a lot of tax money, right, because if you have a single use place, the tax money won't Yeah, people won't.
Speaker 3: You can't use it to get around the thing that Kansas City is in that zone climate wise?
Speaker 2: Will they?
Speaker 3: And I know that it's a giant cost to do a retractable roof for some version of that, but if they if they're going to build a new stadium, make it retractable, make it to that to the point where you could have an open air for most of the season, you could grow natural grass. And then if you have to close it because of the elements and you want to close it for the final four, then you close it up.
Speaker 5: Shout out to again US Bank Stadium. How often is it that they thought of, like, well, what if we do a dome? It's Minnesota. We got to have a dome, right we Hey, this is nuts, We've got to do that. How do we have the equivalent of a screen door? Well, why don't we just have one side of the stadium literally open up that sweet awesome? Yeah, it's awesome, fresh air. The light still comes in. The air comes in. They don't if it's domed, but you can still open the door.
Speaker 4: They don't have it open a tundering games maybe early season, but once like still clumber.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is cool again once it's cold, shut the door. Yeah yeah, same way we're doing our actual home. You don't have a screen door opening? Well I might because I like the house at like sixties degrees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, looks sweet and it'll be it'll be great that where they're building it, because if I understand this correctly, it's out by the speedway, which is now on the Kansas side of the state line, so no longer. I don't know why Missouri couldn't get it together, but Missouri's going to miss out on a whole bunch of tax revenue. But everything's moving over to Kansas. In that area of Kansas City, which they call the Dot for Yan Dot County, it has everything casino, racetrack, go on, the the soccer both soccer clubs play there.
Speaker 2: And now the Chiefs are going to play there.
Speaker 5: I just mentioned the Chiefs Stadium is going to be around three billion dollars right expected to open up in twenty thirty one. Does anybody remember the exact price of US Bank Stadium which opened up ten years ago?
Speaker 2: You guys, remember what the cost of US Bank Stadium was like? It was shoe point one one point eight. I thought it was three point eight one point nine. That was one point five one point one two nine. What. Yeah. The vikings in private entities contributed.
Speaker 5: Around six hundred and twenty million, while the state and the city covered around five hundred million. So just over one point one billion ten years ago, and now the Chiefs are looking at three billion dollars for their new one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and didn't they pay it off way quicker than Yes, the World Stadium. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: The other part about Kansas City and you know this, Ben and Huck do you know this is when you're up in that radio booth and uh area, it's so far up in the air, bless you. You feel so far up in the air, like when we went there and watched that game. It's you're like it, I can't believe a high up in the air you are because it's it domes out so high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or bulls out so high. Yeah, it's cool. Yeah. I like that stadium, sweet man. The whole bit around it.
Speaker 4: With the baseball stadiums that have the baseball and football stadium like in the same parking lot, that's a cool vibe.
Speaker 2: I mean just having a parking lot alone. Yeah, I mean it's and this one has to because that's half their bit. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know exactly know where they're where they're gonna put. I know it's in the area, but they they should keep it true to form what makes them special because it's the best collegiate atmosphere for a professional game I've ever been to.
Speaker 2: So if they can.
Speaker 3: Replicate that on the Kansas side of things, where it's a giant parking lot and nothing but smokers and grills of kids playing football and flags and RVs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 8: Hey, I've been Yeah, when I was listening to you and Nordo talk about your football career, I texted to you guys, Yeah, and you were talking about being a spinner, which I was kind.
Speaker 2: Of I sent your Yeah, thank you for sure did do that.
Speaker 8: You were talking about Christan Darsaw and the season he's about to have. Weill you expanded upon about the formula bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think that, you know, we kind of talked about this was a Monday. Corey brought up a really good topic talking about just players that have a lot to gain the most to gain this the season. And I just feel like dar saw because of the year that he had last year in and out of the lineup, injuries obviously affected probably his his mental approach and just kind of his headspace, and it just seems like reading between the lines that he just wasn't very happy. And I know there was some, you know, some brief rumors this offseason just like Okay, where's he at with the team, and is he truly happy?
Speaker 2: Was it all just a health thing? Was it? You know?
Speaker 3: Is he disgruntled for other reasons? And I just feel like if he wants to capitalize on a second contract, which he's going to be young enough to get another fat contract, if you're going to be you know, a starting left tackle and one of the premier left tackles in this league, then he's got to have a huge year. I mean this, I think I think you know, sneakily, there's a lot of other guys we all know the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: That's a huge thing. That's what areas watching.
Speaker 3: Both of those guys their careers sort of are hinging on this season. But I think that Darrisaw is one of these guys that needs to come out and start every single game, prove that he's healthy, prove that he can remain healthy, and and go out there and kill it and prove once again that he's going to bounce back and be at the top of the list in a top five left tackle in this league. And we need it, I mean, not just selfishly for him, but like this offensive line and whoever is going to be playing quarterback for us, they need him to.
Speaker 2: Be healthy as well. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we also need to have a better running game. H when Claiborne comes in. I don't know if you've done much research on this kid yet. We know he's very very fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe. I think it is it Demand.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm sorry, I said Desmond, You're right Demand Claiborne. Sorry, I'll get better about that. I'm getting to know him better. Aaron Jones Senior. Obviously we love Aaron. He's great, but he's had some injuries and Jordan Mason's a completely different kind of running back. What do you think Demand will do with this offense? Do you think he'll see much playing time?
Speaker 2: You know, I kind of I do. I don't know if I would.
Speaker 3: You would see it early on because you want to see what Aaron Jones and Mason can do in this this new run scheme.
Speaker 2: You know, we keep hearing about this new you.
Speaker 3: Know, outside zone, this kind of stretch, single cut, get vertical, you know, watch for a lot of backside stuff. You know, if that's the new implementation of this run game, you obviously want to see what your two veterans can do. But you look at Claiborne and you look at his skill set. It sort of seems tailor made for what they want to do. And it might not be early on, you know, it might just be because of injury or whatever, just kind of keeping especially Aaron Jones maybe in a little bit of a pitch count. But Claiborne's got top end speed. I think he's a high four to three guy. When it comes to forty, it seems like he's a one cut guy. He can use his vision. If he can get vertical and understand this blocking scheme and understand the NFL defenses and the speed and make all these adjustments, then I think that he's going to make an impact. Probably after the bye week, you know, we can start maybe seeing him get a little bit more of the offensive snaps.
Speaker 5: How about the Goldilocks factor for the three running backs for the Minnesota Vikings. Claiborne's one eight, Jones two to eight, Mason two thirty, just completely three different sizes, right, They're all about the same hype, but just you're just getting three different sized running backs, three different looks. Yeah, Clayborne is blazing fast, correct, Isn't that vague? The gist of a I don't know much about him as it. I guess he's supposed to be very shifty and very fast.
Speaker 2: He's very fast. You know.
Speaker 3: The guy that I worry about is Mason. We know that he can get downhill, we know that he's got some wiggle unit. We all know that he can break tackles. But when I think about a wide zone scheme, an outside zone scheme run scheme, so much of the so much of the setup is that forty five degree angle and sometimes steeper than that, of getting sort of wide and then using your vision to cut down hill. So you might be taking let's say, twice as many steps before you get to the line of scrimmage as you did in the past, when you have much more of a vertical run game where you had a full back in front of you, you're hitting the A and B gaps downhill, you're getting to the line of scrimmage in three to four steps.
Speaker 2: You might be taking eight to ten steps before you even get to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: And that just doesn't seem like to me that's going to fit Jordan Mason very well. I know what he can do when he gets vertical, and I do trust that he has good vision. It's just it kind of seems like it's if Clayborne is the right fit. I don't think Mason is the right fit. He's kind of on the other side of that.
Speaker 8: One last question roster wise, I know we are everybody asked the question. Nobody has the answer to you yet, but are you concerned about safety if Harrison does not come back?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I mean absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean we don't really know who's going to start there, So the fact that Mattelis is there and all that stuff, I think the thing is, I think that we need to have kind of two safety step up for us, because I think where Mattelis is the best is where he's at the line of scrimmage. He's more of a linebacker type player. He's more of a middle box player, and he can roll back and play a little of that safety, but he's not a deep safety.
Speaker 2: He's not a center fielder.
Speaker 3: He's much much more productive when he's aggressive going downhill. And I think if he has to play that that typical too high safety look and he's and he is more of a safety than is the hybrid player, I don't think that fits his strengths as well. So I kind of think that we need two safeties to really step up to be that that alternate where you can replicate what Harrison Smith did to a point, but also we need a guy that can play the deep center field.
Speaker 2: As well possible to pick somebody up.
Speaker 3: Still, I wouldn't put it as high likelihood. I still think that we're in play for a veteran pass rusher. Probably halfway through training camp.
Speaker 2: Well, SA, anybody got your eye on anybody? You know?
Speaker 3: How was kind of on the Kyle Van nou thing. I think it sounds like he has really close personal ties to San Francisco. It sounds like there's mutual respect there and if there, if he's going to get picked up, it sounds like he might go there.
Speaker 2: So he was kind of at the top of my list.
Speaker 3: I'm not holding I'm not like giving up on him, but I feel like he's kind of a good fit for what we're doing here. He's he's played with b Flow before in New England. He knows how to drop, he knows how to get after the quarterback. He's proven it time and time again, and he kind of he's like one of those clutch players. To me that of a lot of the guys that are available right now. He just seems like to have the clutch gene. Whenever they need to make a play on defense, he's going to be making them play late.
Speaker 2: In the game. There you go, ladies and gentlemen. News. Yeah, it's almost time, guys. Hell yeah, the rookies report on Sunday. Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want to get to I don't know who we're going to get to replace mister Gernard this year, but I'm thinking I'd love to have either Cashman or Wilson.
Speaker 2: As the morning show guest. That's what I'm talking about. Yeah, I'm sorry. Sorry, you see that Grenard posted.
Speaker 5: H it was a day or two ago of his actual move, like he was truly moving out of Minnesota. Oh really said the old farewell to Minnesota. Yeah, the moving trucks were in the front, was in the air. No, it was like, this is the home away from home.
Speaker 2: And you guys are the best and we're going to miss him. Yeah, he's the best. Ye, he was awesome house the way out of the town. What did he say? That is the wrong way to Philadelphia. I know he was lost. That's the nine that you put him in the right direction. No, I didn't. I didn't. He's not one of us anymore. He's in Canada right now.
Speaker 8: No, it wouldn't be great though. I mean, Wilson's great, Cashman's great. I like having linebackers on no nonsense spoke, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get a linebacker, a linebacker man, Yeah, either one of.
Speaker 3: Them would be great. I think I think cash would be. He's really good. I mean of all of our postgame interview as yeah, yeah, that's right. Fuck you know this, you're there, you're standing next to me. A lot of the times. I mean, he gives