Speaker 1: Listen up. The radies just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demogram super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Might a goo Nito gay? Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the third day of June twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Wednesday on the parch of Morning Show. Here we are ladies and gentlemen Midweek and h Parker Fox on his way in here and just a bit in a regular cast of characters. So we'll get a started with some county from Jim mcaffigan. Ladies and gentlemen, it's a Wednesday, a wild Wednesday without the wild.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 5: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: I stood in line for an hour and fifteen minutes for the Dumbo ride. After a minute, I was like, I'm the Dumbo. I'm waiting to see myself. At the end of the line. There's just gonna be a mirror and some guy going Dumbo.
Speaker 1: Some of those rides at.
Speaker 3: Disney they make you realize how far we've come with aims. Like I was on that ride. It's a small world. I was like, Wow, there was a time when people found this entertaining. You could be on acid. You're like, I'm not getting anything here. I think I'll go back to staring at my hand. Yeah, that's better. Only I had two of these because a lot of those rides at Disney, they were developed in the seventies.
Speaker 1: There was no competition. They were making up rides.
Speaker 3: It was just some guy going, all right, how about a bumper car goes into a dark room and there's a picture of Winnie the Poop.
Speaker 1: Oh, here I got another one. What if we.
Speaker 3: Hollow out a log and throw them over a waterfall?
Speaker 1: We got their money. What are they gonna do?
Speaker 6: Latin General Fires?
Speaker 1: Shit, I'm all the bumps, you're lagging the gears. I'm mean the tires. June tires jump up mat in the tags b.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're so.
Speaker 1: And you sew my heart.
Speaker 2: Wednesday, June third and twenty twenty six, it's the Power Trim Morning.
Speaker 1: Joe, I'm Corny.
Speaker 2: That's Chris, that's Paul, there's Zach to see Parker Fox later.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, Old Sauce is golfing today. You can tell, you know, you can tell.
Speaker 5: You can got a haircut.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're dressed like you're ready to golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't playing today but not till uh, like eleven thirties.
Speaker 1: If I saw myself in clothes like those that have to kick my own ash know.
Speaker 2: I totally understand. Yeah, I think I look good today.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I feel good. Things are great. What are you drinking there? That looks like a shake?
Speaker 2: Something like a fruit smoothie that I make the night before.
Speaker 1: Man, you're changing, you.
Speaker 5: Really, look at you. Everybody's changing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at you. I've lost ten pounds.
Speaker 5: I can tell you where we're at. My head, I would say that.
Speaker 1: You were gonna say it though, that's normally what you guys said.
Speaker 2: Think of Think of golf Sauce talking to younger Sauce about his daily smoothies. Yeah, that that guy would hate that guy. That guy hated everybody though. Sure, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the only person that loves me.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not the only one, but I'm I'm the one who loves you the most.
Speaker 1: Which is depressing or that's not great?
Speaker 5: Or he loves me more than I think he does. Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Maybe he loves me like a mel loved his ex wife.
Speaker 1: How much more of that did you get?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were married. I'm pretty sure I think so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh Jesus, all right, may fuck?
Speaker 1: Do you want to play golf again?
Speaker 5: That's going to get in here, they are do you want.
Speaker 1: To play golf ever? Again? Do you ever want to play golf again? A line? It's one of the Alzheimer's. You make me want to smoke. He's so pissed them What are you calling me for?
Speaker 2: The guy's a great actor because that's clearly acting. Right, that's so overly dramatic, over the top breathing.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, care you should just smile and me.
Speaker 4: Okay, but right, we know nobody's okay, nobody's doings.
Speaker 5: Have your daughter?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I know much? Yeah, that's Rosie, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, imagine not living through the mel Gibson breakdown. Zach's probably like, I don't really know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, it was a thing. Oh my god, was it a thing? And we couldn't stop on this show.
Speaker 5: I've been there though, that's part I can relate.
Speaker 1: And you don't even smile and you wanted to smell. No, nope, you make me want.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, you make me want to slowly kill my She's so mad?
Speaker 4: What what what did you notice? The subtle difference between and and.
Speaker 1: You mentioned it yesterday.
Speaker 2: But how calm she is because she knows she's recording him. She's like, what is your problem, mel What do you want?
Speaker 5: What am I.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be? And he's just, you know, doing a one man show. She's just trolling, right, trying to get him to show the emotional abuse.
Speaker 4: At the end of it, he actually does tell her he wants to take a shovel to the side of her head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I'm like, okay, well you got it, got him? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do I prove that this guy that I'm dating or married to is an absolute psychopath?
Speaker 1: How do I prove that I'm in an abusive relationship?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: How about I just keep.
Speaker 2: Him talking until he says I want to take a shovel to the side of your head?
Speaker 1: Does he talk about the jacuzzie bit? Did you do that far yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Of course I did.
Speaker 4: But I can't load must have it in, so must beep there. Now I'm just going through the buttons. I'll go to the beep and eventually, but uh, I mean, I just like and I wish I could load in you could just smile and be yellow mean, yeah.
Speaker 1: But no, all right, Okay. Remind me though, because obviously when he says this.
Speaker 5: Like to see you play a concert, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was being extremely sarcastic. Was she like a didn't she play like the violin?
Speaker 5: Or it wasn't her.
Speaker 1: Here's some kind of reference.
Speaker 2: To the fact that she plays some kind of an instrument and the most condescending.
Speaker 1: Tone, like to play a concert sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is not genuine. It's not man. I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: Please, there's no perform I'll pay to see it. I will support everything you do. He said, to play a concert like I dare you, because I dare you to go play a concert.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there's so.
Speaker 4: Many more calls than I remember there being I'm on, I'm on. I think number eight right now, but I didn't start at number one. There.
Speaker 5: I know there are at least nine, man, And in the very first one.
Speaker 4: He's talking about how she lied to him about having fake boobs, and he's like, you look glous, cusses so much because he don't know, you know, he doesn't know he's being recorded.
Speaker 5: So he's saying when he really takes you're walking around like a slip.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought we'd have just endless minutes of mel melting down and not one shot at the Jews.
Speaker 6: No one.
Speaker 5: Well, I know those phone calls at least those no, no, we had.
Speaker 4: We had to wait on him to get pulled over by the police officer when he saw somebody he thought maybe agreed with him.
Speaker 5: He was good with it.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, he seems fine met you.
Speaker 5: Like Jewish people.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've made that abundantly clear.
Speaker 1: We know.
Speaker 5: They should ask him again.
Speaker 1: We don't need to ask it again. We know, yes, we do.
Speaker 5: I mean we don't.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: People accuse us of just arguing with the rosy button bar. We did full shows talking to Mel Gibson. Star Love's straight of just asking Mel questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right here, we got nothing today. What are we going to do here?
Speaker 2: Nothing going on in the sports, and we just hit the Mel buttons for the first three.
Speaker 1: Three or four segments.
Speaker 2: That'll get us the seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: Oh man, we'd roll out of here. We're like, nice show with.
Speaker 1: That great pitch. Now, I need a woman.
Speaker 8: I think Star's common response is, why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: I need a woman? I do Love. Yeah, that's the only.
Speaker 5: One I can relate.
Speaker 1: That's the best one because he's so pissed.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's so angry.
Speaker 1: He needs to smoke.
Speaker 5: You said you want to go to Jacuzzi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna pick you up at the airport.
Speaker 1: Pick out. How little he thinks of her?
Speaker 2: Right, her entire role on earth for him is all she should do is smile and perform on him. That's it, Yeah, Jacuzzi. We should be so thankful that you're with Mel Gibson. Shut your mouth. Don't ever play a concert. I don't want to see that.
Speaker 1: Smile. Yeah, smile and then do that to me, by the way that.
Speaker 5: Shut her mouth and smile and b l o M. Yeah, that's impossible.
Speaker 6: Relax.
Speaker 1: Pick one, yeah, pick one Mel?
Speaker 5: Right, Zach? I mean how do you do that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, you make a choice at an early age.
Speaker 5: I guess what? Sorry, put you on the spot.
Speaker 4: There you are ready obviously, Now tell us something Zach's never said?
Speaker 1: What? What? What?
Speaker 5: What? Zach? You ever been this mad?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Time?
Speaker 1: All right? So tell me if this sounds right? AI says, this was from twenty ten. Does that sound about right?
Speaker 5: It seems earlier.
Speaker 1: I thought it was earlier than that as well, But this is twenty ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: Gibson reportedly called his X thirty times over a ten hour span.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going through.
Speaker 2: This is July twenty ten, according to The Today Show, Man Man, and do you remember, Like if I remember correctly, you can correct me from wrong.
Speaker 4: This was the first incident. So this was completely out of character. You're like, that can't be mel Gibson.
Speaker 2: Well, the the anti semitic rant was in two thousand and six.
Speaker 5: Oh so that was first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, never mind, Well hang on, say the.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was the only one, but sorry, yeah, no, that's what I mean. Oh yeah, I don't think it was a one time thing for me, but the one that was famous was the one.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's been sober for twenty years, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, just.
Speaker 2: Even reading this, So this is from the Today Show twenty ten Today the Today Show website, mel Gibson reportedly called Oxanna uh reg whoever you say her last name up to thirty times a night.
Speaker 1: She ended their relationship.
Speaker 2: According to Radar Online, released eight voicemail messages left by mel Gibson. The series of phone calls spanned ten hours, allegedly starting at eight pm.
Speaker 1: Let's just stop right there. Okay, ten hours.
Speaker 2: Starting at eight, that means it went into six in the morning. Yeah, he calls, but the calls appear calm and nature initially, but then spiral into a rage similar to previous released Gibson recordings.
Speaker 1: That would be the other ones, even in pretty check this out.
Speaker 2: You were a sour face bitch today.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be the last thing I'm playing on the show from now on.
Speaker 5: Yeh man, Hey, guys, nice job.
Speaker 2: Marney Gibson was talking, apparently referring to a tree planting ceremony that he and her had attended that day for their daughter. I forgot that there was a kid in well, did you not hear? I forgot it was her kid, though for sure, Okay, I got it. Said you were a sour faced bitch today.
Speaker 4: I'll get to that one and again. At first, I mean, they start calmly, but he's still terrible. He's like again when he's talking about how she fooled them by saying and that she had real breast when she didn't talk about it is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: She looks.
Speaker 4: It's just you're trapesing around like a a Las Vegas WHU how about.
Speaker 1: This I hear.
Speaker 2: There's the full transcript from the More Proof It's sarcastic. Gibson insults her musical talents, reportedly saying quote, you are just bleeping ordinary and echoes for the talent too. It's ordinary, it's not extraordinary, it's pretty bleeping common.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see you play a concert sometime. You can't do it. Wow, My done, And that is definitely sarcastic.
Speaker 2: He just fled on and said, you're not even remotely talented.
Speaker 5: I'd like to play a concert.
Speaker 1: You can't do it. Wow. I wonder what she played.
Speaker 6: Violent?
Speaker 1: I felt like something weird. Yeah, I don't remember what it was like the cello, man, I.
Speaker 4: Tell you what she played. She played those Courts for a lawyer, sleeps for a lawyer.
Speaker 8: Although it says here and to say he offered her fifteen million, she said no, well he had to be worth way more than that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah sure, oh yeah, she was in all the lethal weapons.
Speaker 5: She might be a sour face b but she ain't dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well yeah.
Speaker 2: It's never good when you're like, hey, have you ever heard the mel Gibson rant?
Speaker 1: And you have to say which one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The one that was abusive to his wife, the one that was against Jews, the one.
Speaker 1: That was racist. Which one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Which one are you talking about? Which leagued voicemail? Are you referring to my god?
Speaker 5: Jeez?
Speaker 1: Which is too bad because the guy can act?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lethal weapon movies are all share Braveheart's fantastic.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of movies from the nineties that he was in that were great eighties and nineties. Yeah, then he went nuts. We Have a Weapon too, was outstanding. It was probably nuts before that. He just hit it.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, well, I mean from we all learned about his dad later, you know, yeah, being basically, I mean, I don't want it well disparage anybody, but I'm pretty sure he was a Nazi from what I've been told.
Speaker 1: Oh great, for sure. Wat where you got it from?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, we do care.
Speaker 5: We do care. I don't care about that. We thought you were a good actor and then then we found out, uh, you were crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do want to go jacuzzi the chikuzzy line. But yeah, okay, yeah, I cut the breathing out so I just have the.
Speaker 1: You don't care. He's so pissed I love it, don't care.
Speaker 4: I left my wife because we didn't have anything together spiritually.
Speaker 1: Is that what he said? Yeah, well you don't care. You don't care, man. Yeah, there you go a lot of fun for us. Yeah, I bet for a lot of radio shows, a lot of played the hell her.
Speaker 5: I don't think she had the best time of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: Although I will say this, I would I would challenge any other show in the country. I'm sure almost every radio show in the country addressed it, maybe even hung.
Speaker 1: Onto it for a handful of days. We lived it. Yeah, we were all in on mel for years. That was the number one button we hit for a long long time. We just hammered Mel buttons.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I couldn't stop laughing about how funny some of those comments were.
Speaker 1: Hockey came to it, like two pages of it. Oh, we just uh. I don't think any show in the country played it more than us.
Speaker 5: I can top that. I can. I can get us way more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then we just leaned into Rosie.
Speaker 5: I mean, it may take me months, but I'll have them all in a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't care again, the one that we the other one that we've promised forever and we just need to find it and do it. Maybe this will be my project since you're working on that project. Is the Christian Bale one? Oh oh yeah, it's also and I love Christian Bale, but it's one of the all time great meltdowns. His meltdown on set of Terminator with his salvation I think, and some dude walked in front of the camera and he just freaking lost it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh god. For you all the.
Speaker 5: Actors that came out, it was like, well, you know, it's a lot of pressure on the set.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really, he had a he had a rough year for or for a couple of years. He got dragged as well. But I feel like Christian bales out of that now. I think almost everybody's forgotten it again.
Speaker 4: You know, he wasn't being abusive to his wife. You know, he's just yelling at a guy on set.
Speaker 5: Don't do that. That's mean. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: He was screaming at the key grip.
Speaker 5: He didn't do anything worse than Chad abb But does the sauce on.
Speaker 1: A daily a daily basis, right, Yeah, man, you guys.
Speaker 5: Make you want to smoke. Though, I've seen just lighting.
Speaker 2: Up long dark like what what he's just he's doing this bit.
Speaker 5: He's he'd put him between his toes if he could. Needs more cigarettes?
Speaker 2: You can want to smoke, yeah, good old lung dart. Maybe that would cure the drop foot. Just nicotine in between your toes.
Speaker 1: You never know, You just don't know. Maybe you can throw cigarettes onto your roof.
Speaker 2: Yeah I could, because they wouldn't get in my gutters because the gutter heelmet MN dot com.
Speaker 8: Yeah you don't care, gutner helmet MN dot com. Never clean your gutters again, gutter helmet MN dot com.
Speaker 2: No, yes, no, get them. You have gutter helmet I do. Yeah, Oh good for you. Sodas lawyer Lambert lawyer Lambert has them too. Yeah, oh good for you. Thanks man, Okay, yeah, I understand, right man.
Speaker 5: Big time.
Speaker 1: More of the Power Trip Morning Show after this on the FANI.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't think there's any reason we can't say what we know now about TI correct the update, I.
Speaker 5: Would say not hey, I mean I think yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeahs as of yesterday, the November fifth, twenty fifth, you know, birthday bash, anniversary show, whatever you want to call it, the twenty fifth anniversary bit at TI at November fifth, the birthday body. We had like a twenty five hundred and twenty eight hundred kind of range for capacity, and it sounds like we are at that, so it sounds like they're putting together a wait list, so it's going to be stacked and packed.
Speaker 1: It's going to be awesome.
Speaker 2: So yeah, huge thanks to everybody who register for those tickets that want to come out and see us for our twenty fifth and watch Chad Daniels, Kelsey Cook, Piametson and Tommy Ryman slay it right after us.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Can't wait, that's going to be awesome. And it's like what it's like five months await and it's already gonna be awesome.
Speaker 5: Can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be so be great man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, gotta be here before you drop food, though, has been like look, even though it sounds like it's already quote sold out, what you guys did twenty five straight years, it's historic.
Speaker 1: So make sure you mentioned every day for the next.
Speaker 2: Five months as often as possible, because the other three shows are so proud that you're leading the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are. Man. I can't I cannot stress.
Speaker 5: Burke couldn't even look at me that he was so proud that I.
Speaker 2: Cannot stress how supportive the other three shows are. Yeah, man, you were here like getting mel drops. Yeah, listen, they love when we do well. They love when we have huge parties for ourselves. They love when we go to Las Vegas. They love when we go to Europe. Yes, they're just so happy. They're like, go power trip, go the you know, they're just they know they're in our wake, but they just want to wake surf and follow our lead.
Speaker 5: And they say, you know what, thank you is what they say.
Speaker 1: They do say thank you all the time, thank you for building this thing up.
Speaker 5: We are their hailbop.
Speaker 2: Especially, so if the other three shows want to castrate themselves and jump on board feel free.
Speaker 5: In fact, I would encourage it.
Speaker 1: It might help. Wow. You never know.
Speaker 2: So anyway, shout out to the listeners that place is going to be stacked and packed. It's going to be tons of fun, and those four are killers. So we're going to give away Vegas trips. We're gonna go have fun, a bunch of games to play, initials, all that garbage, and then we turn into MC's and say here's so and so here's this person, here's that person, and they'll just be like, I don't don't make you laugh, and.
Speaker 1: Then you just it'll be so fun. It's gonna be the best. Yeah. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Yeah, looking forward to it. Man, it'll be here before you know.
Speaker 1: To you, I know, yeah, it'll be right after your speech. Hok, no it is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other worst part of having kids, Sauce, is you want them to grow up, and then the second they start growing up, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, how do you slow down time? And you can't.
Speaker 8: Mine starts daycare today, It sure does. Wow, yep, same spot. Your kiddos win hogs daddy, Yeah, yep. Harvard, Yeah, Harvard, Yeah, Harvard of daycare. Yeah, I mean two days ago he was a newborn. Now remember walking around?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you and Cal gonna knock some boots today.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna go play golf back in the old day. Yeah. No, thank you Friday to ourselves. So today though, first day all alone, all by yourself, and you're gonna go golfing, Yes, sir, thank you for your honesty. Yeah. Man, you mentioned Harvard.
Speaker 2: I won't waste a lot of time saying this, but I'll just give you the headline worth your time to go back and watch Conan's speech from this week from his he did the convincement speech at Harvard. He really good man went there, He sure did, and he basically makes the point about narcissism and society and how everybody thinks they're a star and everybody wants to have all the attention on them. But he basically is, like, your goal should be to have going to Harvard be about the least interesting thing about you, Like, don't make it about status or like you're at a great school and that's awesome, but hopefully.
Speaker 1: At some point in your life you can have that be at the bottom of your list. Who cares? I saw that. It's fantastic, very well done out.
Speaker 2: Basically, you know, stop caring so much about what's in your phone and just just go out and don't think you're the center of the universe.
Speaker 4: Considering yesterday show, did you find it ironic? Did he talked about pissing and troughs?
Speaker 1: He did. Yes, there's a lot of trough talk, but they only have troughs at Harvard. Yeah, in both bathrooms, men and women's.
Speaker 2: That is correct, Yes, little configuration difference in the women's bathroom.
Speaker 5: That's what the guests to do. Yeah, Zach, you okay back there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, my job it's hurting.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, Okay, what'd you do?
Speaker 9: I think I don't grinding my teeth or something last night, So I'm sorry, diddy. It's getting better.
Speaker 1: But your jaw left hurting, dropped wide open.
Speaker 2: Yea, just like the day, like to day I heard, Yes, why isn't rosen here? We could have done the entire verse chorus, verse, chorus bridge.
Speaker 5: You know, Zach, when you say your jaw hurts, I see it as being the same thing as me saying my hands are all so yeah.
Speaker 1: Well played my hips ache? Yeah, his hips hurt my I'm dehydrated. His kness hurts. Yeah, what happened to your jaw?
Speaker 5: I smell all?
Speaker 1: Do we dare ask or not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: I think I said, I think that might be from grinding. Thought you could have stopped it.
Speaker 1: Have you always been a grinder? I've been on it for like ten years?
Speaker 5: Has it done you good for you?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Thank you? Thank you for singing the last part that that's not a bad voice.
Speaker 5: I think we all would.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, that'd be nice.
Speaker 5: Be real good, real real good. Anyway, there you go. Congratulations, I hope you're hope you're what do you call it? Your jaw is good?
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 5: I go to an ear nose and throw doctor myself today.
Speaker 1: Oh that's today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, today, Yeah, I'm going to have my the old voice looked at him, worried about about having polyps. Oh really yeah, yeah, I've been abusing my voice for a long time and it's starting to get I get horse at the end of the show.
Speaker 5: It doesn't hurt anything like that.
Speaker 2: I just isn't getting horse the entire reason to be in a band. Oh you your voice gets Oh I got it? Yeah, yeah, got Maybe I need to get my ears checked.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now I'm going to going to having my throat looked at today. And from what I hear, it's it's uh, it's groady.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, it's it's fun.
Speaker 2: How they just pair those together, right, like, ear nose and throat doctor, Like that's a thing that you have to know all three of those. Who are you going to see today, the foot, elbow, and penis doctor?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no exact, I mean I know. Two weeks ago, Zach went to the button, balls and shaft doctor.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, at least it's all in the same area. That's all the same and beyond. Yeah, that's that makes sense.
Speaker 8: While you're down there, Yeah, look after the shaft, your your butt, your bus, are your saft?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, let me just do a handstand. Tell me what you see? I will, I will go with the works. Where's the discomfort all over?
Speaker 5: Listen, I don't look at that.
Speaker 2: Go see doctor tan his name is Yeah, he lucked into his profession.
Speaker 5: I guess I might as well go into this.
Speaker 1: Hey man, my theory that names matter.
Speaker 2: Right, If you're doctor Tane and you're a cardiologist and makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Sense, you gotta look at Tans. Yeah, you have to yea required name, the the poke doctor te No, I just say, but all right, Front Page Sports. We'll try to get this show on track.
Speaker 2: Barker Mark Jesus Man, I'm dodging bullets this week, Parker Fox, Geez, there we go.
Speaker 1: We'll be here at seven o'clock. He's the best. This is the Power Trip.
Speaker 2: Morning Show on event from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by gens Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical.
Speaker 9: Get closer to the action with caff and Breaking Sports near the exclusive contests and more follow at caff and One's zero zero three on Instagram, TikTok and acts to stay connected.
Speaker 1: Don't again?
Speaker 5: What'd you say, menain?
Speaker 1: Okay, don't ever sleep again? Okay, we don't do that in that leak.
Speaker 5: So that's what he asked her about the concert. You have to be flawless that you ain't in that league.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do front page Sports. There's actually again a lot going on for the second consecutive day.
Speaker 2: Some days we got nothing. Let's just call a spade of spade. Yeah, how come you don't call it a club a club or a harder harder, a diamond a diamond? Why is it a space of spade? Holiday Station Stores, we love Holiday For a limited time, you can buy two, get one free. When it comes to Monster sixteen ouncers, the original Ultra zero, the Juice Ones, the Rehab ones, mix and match any flavors of Monster Energy at Holiday.
Speaker 1: I went with the zero Ultra, the old white one. Oh yes, yeah, but get whatever you want.
Speaker 5: But Mel likes to caution people about drinking too many energy.
Speaker 1: Why, well that's why I drink these. Yeah, we're gonna kick me out.
Speaker 5: So yes, what you want to Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't yea yeah, relax mel.
Speaker 2: Twenty five seconds into Game one of the Stanley Cup Final, the Carolina Hurricanes got on the board. Eiler scored twice in the first twelve and change twenty five seconds in got the home team off to a one nothing start.
Speaker 1: So they led two rip and then Vegas scored three in a row.
Speaker 2: Took him to the second period to do it, but they got goals two and three in the second took the lead. Then it was back and forth, and then late in the game, Hurdle scored for Vegas to break the four to four tie in the Vegas Golden Knights went on the road in game one, Game two, also in Carolina Thursday.
Speaker 9: Well, we said it was going to be a good series and a good matchup and delivered. There was a hell of a start and then, of course the stat that every was talking about road teams were zero and fifty five went down multiple goals at any point in Game one of the Stanley Cup Final. Vegas was down two nothing in the first period. Became the first team to win in those circumstances. So can't wait till Thursday great start to the final and keep it up.
Speaker 2: If I heard this stack correctly last night, I thought the broadcast said something like this is the sixty eighth unique matchup in Stanley Cup Final history.
Speaker 1: I would not have guessed that. Yeah, me either, because you especially back in.
Speaker 2: The day when there were very few teams, you would think, well, those teams have faced each other a thousand times. Yeah in the finals, sixty eighth or unique matchup in Stanley Cup final history.
Speaker 8: The Golden Knights have won seven straight. They've only lost two postseason games. Was the reason, Zacho, they fired their head coaches because they were just kind of stuck in the mud.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they just didn't you know, they knew they had, you know, the talent and to make a run. And obviously this has more than proven them correct, but they just could not find the consistency from Broopper's cassidy. And somehow John Tortorella is has unlocked everything and has i mean got them a one nothing series lead on the road.
Speaker 1: So what a what a run for this Golden Knights team. They are shocking everybody.
Speaker 2: And it lost four that way, four playoff games not too oh really, Yeah, but that's still it's still very few though, but it's four because they lost two against Utah, two against Danaheim.
Speaker 1: The Hurricanes have lost two.
Speaker 4: It does suck, right, Like I have a friend who lives out in Vegas who is from here, and we were texting history bout music stuff, and I go, hey, by the way, I don't know, you know, go nights, And he went on a phil florn phil frant about how much he hates him because really yeah, because he's a huge Wild fan, and he's like, they came in here, they don't exist. Then they exist and they've won all these championships and here we are out here just with our ball in our hands.
Speaker 5: Well I'm paraphrasing, and I was like, okay, but you got to.
Speaker 1: Give credit to Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's because it's you know, the Kraken had the exact same formula and they haven't done it yet. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does drive you crazy the other day.
Speaker 2: Right, But I'm like, the expansion rules were like put in to make sure that it wasn't just well, we don't we don't want.
Speaker 1: To have an expansion team coming to Vegas and have them go zero to eighty two. You got to give them a chance. So they did, and they've been hot right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: And again the krack and have had a moment or two, but they haven't had Cup contention.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yet they made have they have?
Speaker 1: They made the playoffs? I think I'm staying over here.
Speaker 5: But it's that job that joh, you get it quick, get a quick.
Speaker 6: They have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've reached the postseason just one yes, twenty.
Speaker 2: So there you go, envy and jealousy. So it's not as easy as everybody thinks. Vegas has just done it right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, three nine years, three Stanley Cup final appearances in nine years, and there's a decent chance they're going to have their second Stanley Cup in nine years. So I totally get your guys saying, man, it is uh, it's I mean, it just that's how it works. But and that's why, like you know, people like, well, how could you be the stud of hockey? You know Stanley Cups? It's because the state hockey is so much more than just this. It's not about the Stanley Cup. It's about the love of hockey up here and the grassroots level. But yeah, I mean I want to say good for them, but yeah, there's definitely a lot of jealousy building up among not just Minnesota fans, just fans of teams across the NHL that haven't sniffed the Stanley Cup final and then watch a team in the Desert win possibly multiple play Cups less than a decade.
Speaker 5: I think that's the point.
Speaker 4: You know, that's you know, and again, you know, good for them, obviously nothing in fact giving them all the props that they deserve.
Speaker 5: But it does suck to be the state of hockey and not have a Stanley Cup.
Speaker 1: And do you know the only rink in the state of Nevada is the one at T Mobile Arena. That's it. That's it. They don't have any They're not allowed legally to have ice.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not even in troughs. So the only one is at T Mobile. So I know if they don't practice there.
Speaker 1: They can't practice. They have to just like walk up and down the Vegas Strip.
Speaker 5: And drives into the state boarders. I say, you better be head in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Sure, where are you going?
Speaker 9: I remember, didn't Jason Zucker's house get raided because they had a rink in the backyard?
Speaker 1: They Yeah, yeah, he got raided by ice looking for ice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a whole documentary called Rink on the Brink.
Speaker 1: Yea, you do a play on words with the word ice.
Speaker 5: Do we trust him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Good? I'm good. Sounds like a slippery situation. Huck's the only hype man I have. Try I do.
Speaker 2: The NBA Finals start tonight in San Antonio, Texas seven to thirty, Game one on DraftKings. San Antonio is a four and a half point favorite. The Knicks have won eleven straight basketball games, and they did beat the Spurs two out of the three times they squared off in the regular season and the NBA Cup again. This is also a nineteen to ninety nine Finals rematch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this this.
Speaker 2: Should be a very fun series. I can't wait to watch the first half of this game and fall asleep.
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be great. I mean Wemby is a generational talent. Yeah, yeah, I can't wait. Man, it'll be great. I don't know if I'll watch the whole thing because I'll probably fall asleep, but uh well, Corey's I can be here tomorrow, so I might watch the whole thing because you and I are and Zacho are gonna need to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, I gotta make a a textaday. Do you know who I ran in?
Speaker 4: I can't believe I forgot to the guys. This who I ran into a Randy Shaver's thing. Walked up to me out of nowhere, and I turn around and go, Marcus is Marcus Cheryls. Hadn't seen him in the years.
Speaker 1: Oh well, oh hell yeah.
Speaker 5: He shook my hand.
Speaker 4: He goes, man, I gotta thank you. Do you always have my back? I appreciate that? And I said absolutely. I said, what are you doing? He goes, I still live here.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't come play, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna try to get him in here while while you're gone on Thursday. Yeah, on Thursday is what I'm hoping, and then maybe'll get him back for the initials as well.
Speaker 2: But he looks like, I don't think he's available Thursday. He's only available on Friday at eight to fifteen.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll find out.
Speaker 4: We'll find out. But it was just so good to see him. And I didn't realize he still lived in town.
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 5: Just the best guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he always seems super nice. Yeah, obviously super well because he traveled with the team.
Speaker 4: He was just a good dude man. And still this seems like just a good dude man out of nowhere, Sauus.
Speaker 2: The nineteen ninety nine NBA Finals featured the San Antonio Spurs in the New York Knicks. Yes, sir, I'm nineteen ninety nine percent sure you're going to know this. Actually, just nine percent sure you're going to know this. One of the current players in this series had a father play in the last series.
Speaker 1: Do you know which one? Say it one more time?
Speaker 2: One of the players in this series Spurs Nicks twenty twenty six is fare Their father played in the ninety nine finals. Knicks Spurs name the father son Combofager.
Speaker 5: I have a problem with backpacks. I love them.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to know this. I don't know. Take a shot. I mean you can go through it, right. Does Wemby have a dad? Does Carl?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Faia it? Oh?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Scoochman two?
Speaker 1: Nope? Good guess. So is it on the Is he on the Spurs?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: It was my guest. Then was it?
Speaker 1: Did Bronson's dad play Rick Bronson?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He he's on the coaching staff of the Knicks, and I think he's been on every coaching staff his uh.
Speaker 1: Son has ever played on. I think that's part of.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, he's an assistant coach for the Knicks, but played in the ninety nine Finals four the Knicks.
Speaker 1: Wow, very cool, San Antonio one. They sure did. Yeah. With the Twin Towers, sure did. Yep, they were dominant. Sure yeah. That was a fun team. The Spurs Wolves rivalry in the early two thousands was also all.
Speaker 5: Right, calm down, Oh, I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 2: By that way, and by the way, if we asked for the Knicks starting lineup for nineteen ninety nine, Chris would probably go, well, I have no chance. But just because this is one of the ten people he randomly guesses once in a while. At one point, if we said we'll give you ten guesses for your life, you have to get one, right. I think after like missing the first seven, you go, I don't know grandmama, And then yes, Larry Johnson played for I think you just randomly guessing Grandmama would have saved your life.
Speaker 1: He loves Grandma. You love saying grandmama? Yeah me or him? Uh haw I do.
Speaker 5: But is was Patrick Ewing on that team?
Speaker 1: I think he was hurt. Yeah, I think he was.
Speaker 5: He was on the squad.
Speaker 2: I think it was Scott Skyles on there. I don't think Skyles was on that team. I just love that name because I think Marcus can be started. I remember that name, number one pick out of wake Forest. Uh no, okay, that was Tim Duncan whatever. Yeah, Patrick Ewing was hurt, so the it was Rick Brunton. Marcus can be Chris Childs.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Chris Dudley was also a center, Alan Houston. Oh the Trell Spree Latrelle Heisman Trophy winner Charlie warn was on that team.
Speaker 5: Remember that, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, here's another name you remember. Chris and Kurt Thomas. You can do it? Yeah, come on, you can do it. You can do it.
Speaker 5: Is Kurt Thomas.
Speaker 2: No, No, that was Larry Johnson's not Grandmam. He played for the Knicks. He played for the Knicks at this point, but later in his career he played for the San Antonio Spurs, Like specifically two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: That's the key. You can do this, Come on, hogs.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Kurt Thomas two thousand and eight. What are you asking me?
Speaker 1: Why do you know that name?
Speaker 2: Kuto no, not nope, it's a it's a it's a personal connection to you and me two thousand and eight.
Speaker 5: Come on, Hoggs, Why am I blanking on this?
Speaker 1: You and I were out of the state in two thousand and eight. Do you remember this story? You definitely do. You just not connecting it with Kurt Thomas.
Speaker 5: He's the guy at the strip club.
Speaker 2: He was that everyone in a New Orleans strip club knew Kurt Thomas when he when Kurt and Kurt played the next night, and he walked in at like one or two in the morning, and everybody's.
Speaker 1: Like it was norm from cheers.
Speaker 2: It was tired, oh that like every bouncer, every bartender, every stripper, they were so thrilled to see him.
Speaker 1: And I believe the Spurs lost by twenty five the next night, and he was walking in at what it was like one or two in the morning.
Speaker 5: Was absolutely it was.
Speaker 1: And he was walking in.
Speaker 5: If I remember correctly, that was just after the McDonald's incident.
Speaker 1: It might have been.
Speaker 2: I think that part of the timeline I don't remember. But Kurt Thomas, Wow, he was a New Orleans strip club legend there.
Speaker 1: But there's so many bits to that story. You two traveled together somewhere separately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you both went to three eleven Day in New Orleans in two thousand and eight, and.
Speaker 1: Both of you at some point on that trip were like, we should go to a strip club. Yeah, and us and that might have been I think I'm almost positive that was the last time I've been to one.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you too, I don't know that we've to go into a strip club. I don't think it looked like a strip club from the outside.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that. And we also were point two probably, so who No, you're wrong.
Speaker 4: I love the jugs, but I really don't remember. I think I remember what the place looked like. It was on the corner there in Wow, Arizona there.
Speaker 5: And then we walked. As we were walking out, everybody's like kudo.
Speaker 2: And I don't think we were there long, but man, Kurt Thomas was there I think for twenty four hours straight.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, did you guys by any chance read the Stephan Marbury story from June first, which was two days ago.
Speaker 2: It's the one yeah, where he talked about how Minnesota like almost killed it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The headline is I almost died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cold related right, he said.
Speaker 4: Marbury details how Minnesota winters drove him out. The speculation surrounding the reasoning of for why is steph On Marbury wanted out of Minnesota has persisted over over twenty years. The short lived Kevin Garnet stephf On Marbury do a remains one of the biggest what ifs and timber old history. It's the biggest. There's no bigger one than that. What could have been for the Wolves if Marbury had never demanded a trade? And why did Marbury want out? Rumors of speculation about Marbury's reasoning have persisted over twenty years. Was the jealousy over Garnett's contract and Marbury wanted to be the big star of the team. Other speculations assistant Marbury just wanted to be in a bigger market.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: In a recent interview, Marbury talked about what he said was his reasoning for getting out.
Speaker 5: I left flip, I'll never forget.
Speaker 4: He was like, the grass ain't always greener in other places, Stephan, I know how you feel and blah blah blah, Marbury recounted on a recent episode of Young Man in three podcasts, and I was like you know, this is not really about basketball. It was really about my mental It was more about like I almost died there several times on black ice while driving. According to Marbury, his decision to ask out of Minnesota had more to do with the winters than anything Garnett or market sized related. Marbury said he feels like he got tricked a little when first arriving in Minnesota after the draft, noting the vast difference between Minnesota summer and Minnesota winter.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 5: It's scary how much it changes.
Speaker 2: This might be revisionist history, though he might be altering what he actually thought thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: Probably correct yet and no offense, but it might have been part of it.
Speaker 5: There's some freezy freeze going on in New York as well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean right, yeah, and again, it's hard to spin it like this.
Speaker 2: When every source imaginable back in the day said he didn't want to play second fiddle, he wanted to play in a bigger market, didn't want to wait to get paid, it's hard to say thirty years later, Yeah, well, there's none of that weather. It was the weather, Come on, man, So I don't know if I buy that.
Speaker 4: I gotta believe that that he looks back on that every day as a giant mistake in his life.
Speaker 5: That is like losing a lottery ticket right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know again, Charles Barkley, who was still playing at the time, thought the league was in big trouble because of that combination, that Marbury and Garnett.
Speaker 1: We're going to be the next dynasty.
Speaker 2: Yep, like these two were the future and it never panned out because Stefan wanted out. And that's just how it rolls here in the state of Minnesota. You are correct, Although, like Marbury went on to play in what China or something and just he's like a legend. He was a I think he made a ton of money with the shoes and yeah, super famous, super rich.
Speaker 1: So he did Welcome Sharks or something like that. So shout out to Stephan Marks this man.
Speaker 4: It's a good article. Actually, I didn't read the whole thing till right now. He says he went to mister Taylor, Glenn Taylor. They burned some chickens today.
Speaker 2: Wow, to say one and off the black ice and they were doing a seance and he said, he told me he had to get out of there.
Speaker 4: And he said, mister Taylor said Stephan, thank you. I appreciate your telling me this. I'm coming to me like this. I'll never forget. A guy named Sid Hartman. He did radio there. He busted in the room. Marbury, don't leave, don't leave. I promise you, I'll make sure you have everything here. Sid said that crazy.
Speaker 1: That sounds like Sid.
Speaker 4: Though Marbury called the Hartman running as a traumatic experience. It's and the turning point in his status in Minnesota. And in one hour, I was the worst player, said mar Ray.
Speaker 5: I was selfish.
Speaker 1: I was this.
Speaker 6: I was that.
Speaker 5: You just offered me the max. What happened?
Speaker 4: I came to you one hundred and you're not used to people coming to you real it was, it was understandable, he said, I don't know what. I don't know what just happened to heap, So I guess he's saying that said turned the world against him after he decided to leave, that the.
Speaker 2: Public thought he was selfish and greedy and didn't want to be second fiddle.
Speaker 4: But if you just told us about the black Ice, we didn't know, like I hear you, I hear you. Or get an apartment on the skyline or what downtown or or you know fight through it. And you know, I don't know how much black ice there is in the cities. That's like, that's just called ice. Yeah you know what I mean, Like, I feel like, quote black ice. That's so much more dangerous when you're.
Speaker 2: Out like on country roads by yourself in the cities once in a while, the roads are just like that's just called ice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know again, I I I get what he's saying, but I would guarantee you, in his heart of hearts, I think his last words.
Speaker 5: Are going to be crap.
Speaker 4: Yeahrect Because no matter if he went to China and won every championship, made all the money in.
Speaker 5: The world, he never won an NBA championship. And what else do you want as a kid growing up playing basketball? Holy crap? At six twenty eight, what.
Speaker 1: Really matters after this? This is the power to Morning show on the Fan for the next chance to wing your.
Speaker 6: Way to Ark.
Speaker 9: I'm sure we're giving away tickets to the Outlaw Music Festival. Jack White, Guns N' Roses, Chris Stapleton, and plenty more entered today campaign dot com heword contests.
Speaker 4: When I tell you that I've spent the last two breaks editing f words out of the rant about how bad he has playing violin. I can't wait to play it for you, oh man, because some of the points he makes are very like, you know, he's being very blunt, but he's saying like, you're very ordinary.
Speaker 5: But there's so many efforts. Thank you for honesty, Mel Gibson. We're talking about not chat Abbitt.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's ranted like that though.
Speaker 4: Hey, by the way, Stephan Marbury, you know Steph Curry signed a deal with Lee Ning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: Well, can we get into that. Let's do what really matters? Because I wrote that down for a couple of interesting reasons.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, I get rid.
Speaker 1: Of that's what really matters.
Speaker 2: So what really matters has brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lenz Go get Lasik from doctor Mark Lovanop and doctor David White.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ovo, Lasi and lens Ye. Yeah, thank you. The best in Lasy is the best. So for thirteen years, Steph Curry was with under Armour thirteen years. That's one time the under Armour brand was falling apart.
Speaker 2: They had this giant lineup of up and coming athletes like Steph when he was popping Jordan's speeth. When he was popping, everything was trending the right way, and then slowly everything turned so even though Steph was winning titles, the brand was kind of falling apart, and he eventually said like, I don't I don't think this is working under armours, Like, yeah, we basically blew it. So they went their separate ways, I believe, semi mutually back in November, so he's been a brand slash shoe free agent for half a year. He signed a ten year, four hundred million dollar endorsement deal with Chinese sports apparel company Lee Ning. Here's why it's interesting, Chris, if this is where you were going to go. Yeah, their merch was banned in the US in twenty twenty two because they were identified by the US government and human rights group as using forced labor to make their stuff.
Speaker 5: So here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Though Steph Curry's not an idiot, his team and his people clearly know allegations. I'm sure they've done research. I doubt this is a live situation where he just took the money and he's like, I don't care about if there's like child labor laws being broken. My guess is he looked into it so I all I know is the headline is that this company's been flagged basically by the US government saying you're doing some terrible stuff here.
Speaker 1: We're not going to allow you to sell this in the US.
Speaker 2: The article I read yesterday at ESPN dot com was talking about how Steph Curry eventually they want like these Steph Curry Leaning brandage stores to start popping up in the US and beyond.
Speaker 1: Wow, So they think it's gonna work. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know, because like he's still Steph Curry, right, like Michael Jordan hasn't played in thirty years or however long it's been, and he has the most popular shoe in the world, right, But like, yeah, is this gonna work?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: And the shoes themselves, are you leaning forward, you're leaning backwards, you're leaning to left for the right? And is it good to have that kind of shoe when you're trying to play basketball?
Speaker 1: Right? Bro?
Speaker 5: Not good at sports stuff?
Speaker 1: Ten years, four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: No, you probably like you could say, man, I got it covered now, you know what I mean? If you had that kind of money, you could be like I think I'm all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's kind of my point though, right, I couldn't agree more. He's made so much money that well it's four hundred million dollars. Well, if he's getting forty million dollars a year from this company, he surely would have got thirty forty fifty from I don't know, Nike or somebody or somebody else. Right, So he chose this for a reason. It's not like it was this or nothing. He has been a free agent for six months. This was the deal that he thought was the best and the fairest, So I highly doubt they were the only one negotiating against themselves. So he took this for a reason. I just I just am very curious of why this is the one that it's going to include all products f leisure, lifestyle where and the ability to for Curry to sign athletes under his brand in a full golf line.
Speaker 1: That's the whole bit.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 1: I just it's a choice.
Speaker 4: It is it is because there any chance, and I know that the answer is no, But I'm gonna ask you, because nobody else has got the balls.
Speaker 5: They asked this. Is he for child labor?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Tonight at ten It is a really good point.
Speaker 5: I mean nobody's asked that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well nobody reports in this town.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I mean a lot of these you know, human rights violations, that's the years ago, like yeah, twenty twenty two, right, yeah, well that.
Speaker 1: Happened in ninety five.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, I think to Chris's point, think how much investigative time can be saved instead of looking into this company, what if we just go right to the source and go We forgot to ask you if you care?
Speaker 1: Are you cooing? And stuff? Was like, oh they told me that day one. Yeah, I said, what do I care? The check? Right?
Speaker 5: You know nothing all the time?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You setting them to China? Yeah, Louis could, Louis could get off his button work yet, Yeah, make some What really matters though.
Speaker 5: Is delicious curry shoes. Oh, by the way, sounding delicious?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 5: Uh second director?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry I keep forgetting that your jaw hurts from.
Speaker 1: From your just turned the wrong mic on. Okay, sorry, Mike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's that's how it all starts.
Speaker 1: That's how you have to hurt you. I would, I would.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna just gonna take amnut. I should thought this beforehand.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm gonna I'm gonna text you all a picture of a drink I had last night, Not an alcoholic drink, a drink like there.
Speaker 5: You know how the kids are all drinking dirty pops.
Speaker 4: Now, I had a dirty Doctor Pepper last night at Broadway Pizza and Rogers. And uh, because I read the ingredens, I was like, well, that sounds delicious, and I just text you a picture.
Speaker 5: Doesn't that look delicious?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So it had whipped cream and a cherry on tom perfect and then cherry but sure, yeah I don't. I don't either, man, I do I do not waste time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 4: And then it had like vanilla and it had all kinds of different ingredients and I like it right, it was awesome. So I'm I'm on the dirty, dirty drink train. Now dirty sodas. They had four different ones. And I love doctor Pepper and I like whipped cream and it kind of tastes like a cream soda kind of so zacho dirty doctor Pepper.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts, I'd be willing to give it a try. I don't. I don't love doctor Pepper, but I don't hate it.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm just you know, what's your new what's your new favorite drink? That's it dirty pop? They had a this for me, might like better, Zach. They had a meaty mister pib.
Speaker 5: Skage, mister meaty mister.
Speaker 1: Actually, did you try the slutties here a miss? I did not.
Speaker 5: I did not, but I didn't know a girl named Sluttie Sierra.
Speaker 1: We all did. Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 5: I would encourage you to try it.
Speaker 1: Can I do the next sports thing?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 5: My goodness?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Hey, hogs Daddy, Thursday, July ninth of twenty twenty six, or if you are a EA play Pro member, July sixth, College Football twenty twenty seven will be released.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hope I haven't. You know, I read the article.
Speaker 4: I didn't see any changes listed, which kind of is like, oh no, I just hope that they found a way to close the gap between too easy and too hard. Yeah, we talk about it all the time, but too easy gets boring quickly, and too hard, which is what the very next level is, is impossible for me at fifty five years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Zacho, you know, we talk about this a lot, like when it comes to the setting of a sports video game is the dynamic bit where it it's harder as you get better. On MLB the show like a trademark thing because I don't know why every video game.
Speaker 1: Does that have it shouldn't be no, because that's what you need MLB. The show gets harder as you get better at that's a good idea.
Speaker 5: I'd like that. That'd be fun.
Speaker 4: And by the way, did you see that Herb Street is not a part of College Football twenty seven?
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 5: No, they took him out for some I don't know if they couldn't reach a deal with him or what.
Speaker 2: But they announced the cover athletes as well, Oregon quarterback Dante More, Miami wide receiver Malachi Tony, and ole Miss running back is he won Lacy? How do you say this first? I think I think it's key one. Yeah, all three of them.
Speaker 1: Are on the same covers. You want say it either way.
Speaker 4: Every time Malachi scores a touchdown, they all standup go madic games.
Speaker 1: What do you think they get brilliant? Well, wasn't of those three get paid?
Speaker 4: That's a good question because wasn't that the thing that they didn't pay him? And Tommy finally got a check once they held it.
Speaker 1: His brother did because I think his brother was a captain on one of the teams.
Speaker 2: But now that they can be on the cover instead of a generic person like it was back in the day, right, Like now you can actually just say, well, sure a sports has to just not pay me to be in the game, but if I'm a cover athlete.
Speaker 1: You got to pay me. Well.
Speaker 8: I think wasn't the bit when the first one came out and Hawk and I were super excited about it.
Speaker 1: I'll get this one. It's a super fun game, me too.
Speaker 2: But wasn't the bit that the non cover athletes got like six hundred and fifty bucks and a copy of the game something And a lot of agents were like, you shouldn't you should get more than that, but like you know the third string guy that would rather have the six hundred and fifty bucks. I don't know the answer to your question, but it's got to be more than six hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Dare it sounds great?
Speaker 9: Promise? There's like thousands of these players. It's it's a huge pool they got. I mean, I know how you pay that a much like you mentioned the third string guy. More than that? I don't know, and herb straight up being and it is big because he was like the narrator of the game right now, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Know, and he is college football even though NFL.
Speaker 1: Now, I love that guy, which might be why he's not doing it. He's, you know, yeah, so big.
Speaker 5: He's got his own like Kirk curb Street, NFL or whatever.
Speaker 9: You now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: But do you ever play Joe Montana football? Because obviously Madden was a the bigger right out of the gate. But I love Joe Montana. Yeah, Joe Montana football was elite.
Speaker 1: That was second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought the cheap version, the Joe Montagna yeah football, that's the joke nobody got.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was an actor, he was, Yes, he was more of What really matters? After this on the fan Parker Fox in fifteen minutes, What really matters?
Speaker 5: Patrick Morning Show. As we continue, here's a Corey Cove.
Speaker 1: Sorry, let's do more going on vacation. Can't wait?
Speaker 5: Go to Vegas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, lucky landing there later today, can't wait? Do you bring anything like even like clan under or anything like that.
Speaker 5: No, that's what I figured.
Speaker 2: No, But in all seriousness, traveling to Vegas is the lightest travel possible. Right, it's I threw in like five hoodies, five undershirts, five boxers, pair of shorts, five pairs of socks.
Speaker 1: Let's call it whatever. There's a target on this trip. If I need something on his buy it. Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 2: It takes It takes four seconds to pack for a Vegas on a Ferrari Puma sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: You can get that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how he plays?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, who cares? I can't wait? Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 2: Greatest city on Earth again, the greatest achievement in Western culture is.
Speaker 1: Las Vegas, Nevada. You're I don't think you're wrong. I'm not. No, it's universally yeah, love love it considered a fact. Yeah. I can't wait till hogs Daddy and I go. Yeah, I know. Well, we're going to November. Details to come soon, very so.
Speaker 5: Very very soon. It's gonna be special. It's gonna be big. It's gonna huge. You're gonna want to be there. It's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 1: What are we celebrating again?
Speaker 5: Twenty five?
Speaker 2: The first show in cafe and history to go twenty five consecutive years. So it's our twenty fifth anniversary again, we believe it might even be the first in Twin Cities radio history, but it's definitively for sure. We voted fact checked that is the first KF fan show to last twenty five years.
Speaker 4: It's incredible too, because you know, the only people who believed in us were the other shows on the station the very beginning of you guys can do it, you guys can do what no one's ever done.
Speaker 1: A lot of other people wanted us out, but they stood up for us, that's right. Yea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those times back in the day, Chris, when we would have those big company meetings and they would mention the shows ratings like the other show's ratings, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we'd be like, oh, I wonder if they're going to mention us, and.
Speaker 2: Then they'd go all right, let's go on to K one O two and we'd be like, we didn't even get mentioned. And then a handful of years later it was, Hey, the Power Trips number one, and all the other shows in.
Speaker 1: The station were like they're getting mentioned. Yes, thank you for the support. That's what I'm saying from everybody else over the last twenty five years. They love when we do well.
Speaker 5: That's I want to say thank you to Gersey.
Speaker 2: That was one of my favorite bits of all time when we had to like dance around things because other people get hurt.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly think about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in all seriousness.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, Chris, when we were headed Stepchild, right, we all we heard was about how all their shows on the station were crushing. Yeah, and then when we got to number one, we were literally told by a couple of people, well, we can't keep talking about how good your numbers are otherwise so and so is going to feel like they're getting slighted, or so and so is going to feel like they're getting slighted.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why would I give a rats ask what they think?
Speaker 2: They didn't, they didn't care what we thought, right, and then when they asked, everybody gets a blue ribbon.
Speaker 1: Then when they accidentally threw up our podcast number, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, well yeah, because then they the other numbers were also shown comparatively, and we were like thirty times bigger than that show, and it was somebody was now they're going to be mad.
Speaker 1: It's like, well that's reality, too bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough unger tough as zungas, that's what you stood up and said, yeah I did.
Speaker 5: We're all doing well. Congratulations. We just happened to be doing mornings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, which is exactly not easy. Not easy.
Speaker 5: We're easy to use the big dogs.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Man, our friends done, ninth Rix put on a damn good show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those guys are great.
Speaker 5: They're great.
Speaker 2: And again to the other three shows in the station. When you turn twenty five, we'll be very proud of you as well.
Speaker 6: Tough.
Speaker 5: We got this first one for you.
Speaker 2: We got this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're rooting for we got you. I don't have to.
Speaker 2: So when we throw our thirteenth party for turning twenty five, just say, hey, we're gonna throw thirteen parties when we turn twenty five, and we'll say great.
Speaker 1: We'll be there and what do you see what we do? We turned twenty six, in twenty seven and twenty eight and twenty nine and thirty, it's a party. Yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 2: There's only one person that won't be celebrating us turning twenty five, and that is Mel Gibson. No, Mark Rosen because now we're out of the row zone.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good twenty hates that.
Speaker 2: Falcons wide receiver Drake London agreed to a four year, one hundred and forty one million dollar extension.
Speaker 1: One hundred million of that is guaranteed. So Saw, I'm sure you read this, but just in case.
Speaker 2: He's the third highest paid wide receiver on an annual basis in the NFL. Named the top two. Uh, Jamar second at forty million point twenty five forty point twenty five.
Speaker 1: Uh, Jackson Smith and Jigbo.
Speaker 2: JSN is number one JSN forty two point one five. Then Jamar Chase is second. Drake London now third, and then our guy, Justin Jefferson already fourth at thirty five million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a deal.
Speaker 8: I can't wait for the football season. It's right around the corner. We got sports video games coming out. Preseason football is two months from Friday. Hawk, try this on for size.
Speaker 1: I don't think it'll fiit.
Speaker 2: This guy gets the third most a year in the NFL. Right, Drake London for wide receivers, third most. Yeah, he's played four seasons. How many receiving touchdowns does Drake London have?
Speaker 1: High?
Speaker 2: Parker Fox take a shot at this one is Alaska again, because Parker's walking in Parker. You know, Drake London, You're familiar with Drake London. Drake London has played four seasons in the NFL. How many receiving touchdowns does Drake London have that makes him now the third highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Four seasons.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a good question because he's played with some really bad quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Twenty six, fifteen.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go and I'm gonna go thirty three.
Speaker 1: Sixty nine.
Speaker 2: You would think if you're the third highest paid, you should be in the ten or so a year, right, you should be somewhere near forty, right, twenty two. Yeah, he's played with like Desmond Ritter, he's played Kurko, chains of Penox, Pennox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's played with some bad quarterbacks. I'm saying it's strange right that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you should have monster numbers like Jackson Smith and Jig but like Jamar Chase, like Justin Jefferson. But they're just saying they to your point, they think he's that good, just needs a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but all right, that's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of money for a guy with very solid numbers, but not blow me away numbers.
Speaker 1: They have what I forgot about that? And our guys the head coach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he sure is. Kevin Stefanski nailed it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And this is essentially one of the first big moves for President of football matt Ryan.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot about that President of Football Ice. Yeah, Mattie Ice.
Speaker 5: I didn't vote for him, no, But what.
Speaker 1: Really matters, that's not my president of football. What really matters is this.
Speaker 4: This is a sweet little story, but it's also very sad. But it's good to see humanity being Humans nailed it.
Speaker 1: That's why we've been on for twenty five years only show.
Speaker 4: People from all over the world are stepping up to support but Mitchie. Teenager Miguel Schmurbeck, who recently graduated high school without any family members in his life or even a place to call home. Miguel documented the milestone in a mush emotional video shared on TikTok, and the moment went mega viral, generating over sixteen point six million views and three point one million likes in two days. He types as he has a video he's videoing himself walking across stage getting his diploma in tears. Everybody had someone waiting for them after they cross the stage. I had nobody, damn deceased mother absent father, no brothers, no grandparents, just me standing in a room full of celebrations, trying not to fall apart.
Speaker 1: Does the story say how long he's been on his own?
Speaker 5: H okay, I don't know his damn.
Speaker 4: The hardest part wasn't graduating, It was watching everyone else celebrate with the people who showed up for them. Schmrock's mother died when he was thirteen, and he's previously shared videos detailing his experience as being homeless at seventeen. Right now, I'm couch hopping and trying to build it stability for myself, he wrote on a GoFundMe page, which he created on after his TikTok viewers requested that they wanted to support him. Schmirbeck, who doesn't have a vehicle, said he works long hours and double shifts to cover basic expenses while also trying to save for college classes.
Speaker 2: Goal, what was his situation from thirteen to sixteen? But you know if his mom died at thirteen, absent father, but then he's homeless by seventeen?
Speaker 1: Man who was watching him? Or where was he from thirteen to seventeen?
Speaker 5: Good question. My goal isn't just to get through today. It's to build a life.
Speaker 4: I'm proud of good for him. The fundraisers collected over fourteen thousand dollars, which isn't enough.
Speaker 1: Let's know, right with sixteen million views? How is that on me? Not higher?
Speaker 4: And maybe it's more since this article. But for those that I able to donate, s Murbeck said, the kind of messages have meant just as much. The support I've received has shown me that there are people willing to help someone who they've never met. And I'll never forget that. Thank you for believing in me and helping me take the next step forward. As first June twentieth graduation party in the small town of Black Duck, everybody is welcome, he said. One supporter wrote on TikTok shared that he and his wife planned to drive eleven hours.
Speaker 5: To make that celebration. That'd be fun to go to, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Black Docum, Minnesota, which is up by Vimigi, which we have a lot of listeners up there. They're listen to us on kabon right now. June twentieth graduation party. Uh zacho, we did a favorite. I know you probably are doing it, but if you're not, would you find this kids to go fund me page and put it out on the parture page.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you Y twenty.
Speaker 5: Hey, Parker, be real careful because Zach's jaws real sword today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Don't ask questions.
Speaker 5: Don't even ask questions you don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was Mike, looks like you got some son. You've been golfing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the sticks, Yeah, hitting the sticks. Hey.
Speaker 2: The other day we were talking about you, Parker, and we mentioned your golf club's probably far too often. Uh sauce was was speculating, I was a word I was looking for. Speculating that your golf clubs essentially are the same price as everybody else. You just have to have them custom ordered. Is that accurate that they're in the same price range as well?
Speaker 1: Or do you pay extra?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: I think they're the same. Like the the actual head that's hitting the ball is the same. The shaft is just long.
Speaker 1: Calm down, turn your mic on. There goes jaw.
Speaker 5: Sorry, look at him.
Speaker 1: So they have to be custom ordered, but they are essentially the same price. Yeah. I got it for your graduation. Yeah, graduation gift present from my parents. Did we ever get Chris who gave you clubs to you? The other day. Was it raining himself?
Speaker 5: Rush Creek, Rush Creek?
Speaker 4: They were titleist, I think, And I'm gonna tell you the thing on the end of the stick for the driver is a Volkswagen bug. I don't know how anybody misses the ball. I did a few times though, I go.
Speaker 1: A large sweet spot huge. See he was angry, uh by, my friend? Is that a titleist? Well you survived it though, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you didn't get that bit of Parker.
Speaker 2: It was Seinfeld when when Kramer hits a ball into a blow hole of a whale and George was pretending to be a marine biologist.
Speaker 11: But there's a good one in Curb when they're gone The swan Swan, Yeah, swan, great episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the best. What about the club owner's favorite swan or whatever? What about when he takes me off the side of the road the roadside?
Speaker 2: Is that the same episode where he's eating an ice cream cone as funk Houser starts telling him he's an orphan, not an orphan.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 4: I'm almost done listening to the Curb Your Enthusiasm book. I was telling you guys about it's pretty damn fascinating.
Speaker 5: Man, It's so.
Speaker 11: Funny, there's the best given those flowers to the kindergarten or whatever that Susie's trying.
Speaker 1: To get into.
Speaker 11: I don't remember that part that I think he gives it to what's the what's his friend's name. I'm banking Jeff, Jeff's Jeff and his wife are trying to get their daughter into like a kindergarten or like a school or whatever, and I think he gives the flowers to her, and then he tries to get it back.
Speaker 1: And you know how that goes.
Speaker 5: Remember when when he is it is it? What is that he loves so much? He goes to the restaurant where they hate Jewish people.
Speaker 1: Oh, the chicken restaurant, the chicken man.
Speaker 8: If so and so can break bread with Ara fat, I can have chicken with one of these anti Semitic and it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's oh man, and you can't wear that. It's so good.
Speaker 5: He's getting on with that lady who hates him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember he was at that restaurant getting chicken with a whole bunch of anti Semites. You remember the guy right next to him was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the news next, Parker Fox is here. This is the power Troop Morning. Joe on the Fan from the one eight high