Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. On this Tuesday, April twenty first, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: You're back to back World Series.
Speaker 3: Champion Los Angeles Dodgers sixteen and six on the season. After leaving Denver with the split, the Dodgers now head to San Francisco for the start of a three game series against the Giants. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount in the series opener, first pitch from Oracle Park. He is coming up at six forty five. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. Amarago Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Coming up in a little over twenty minutes, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Charlie Steiner will join us. Coming up in about thirty plus minutes. David Vas is gonna go one on one with Alex Call. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson will join us live from the field in San Francisco on what was a rainy day this morning, mid morning until about noon, and then the clouds have started to blow away and now there's sunny skies in San Francisco. Coming up in just a few minutes, we'll head out to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday and the Galloping Ford Broadcast Booth with more details. Well, last night in Denver, the Dodgers needed a win to get the split of the four game series. No Bets, no Freeman, no Kyle Tucker in the lineup, no problem for the Dodgers offense, Justin Robleski. Meanwhile, in the mount seven innings, one run, eight hits, three strikeouts, ninety seven pitches, seventy two for strikes. Coming off eight scoreless innings against the New York Mets. He was fantastic last night. Got into a little bit of a trouble early in the first Breton Doyle and RBI double, but it was Zeros after that. In the second, Max Munsey home run tied the game at won. Then Miguel Rojas gave the Dodgers the lead.
Speaker 2: Of his seven home runs of the season, three of them have now come against left handed pitching, and swings and drills.
Speaker 7: One deep to left.
Speaker 2: This pass back back to back home runs, Rojas gives the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: A two to one lead. Oh, he did not wait a round.
Speaker 2: He got a pitch that was on the inner half but right in the wheelhouse, and.
Speaker 1: He turns on it for his.
Speaker 2: First home run of the season.
Speaker 3: Dodgers with back to back home runs in the second of two to one. Then they just kept tacking on Will Smith groundball the third misplayed by Kyle Caro so Tany scored. Dodgers up three to one to Oscar Hernandez grinded into a double play, Will Smith scored, I made it four to one. Then Mounsey scored on a bock Dodgers up five to one. Alex Call drew a bases loaded walk Monsey scored. Dodgers up six to one. Miguel Rojas sack, but Andy Pie has scored. Dodgers up seven to one. In the eighth, it was home run city again, Dalton rushing a home run, his six of the season. Dodgers up eight to one. Tay Oscar Hernandez in an RBI single, finally a traditional winn to score a run Besides the home run.
Speaker 5: Dodgers up nine to one.
Speaker 3: They're up ninety two in the ninth inning when Max Munsey did it again.
Speaker 2: Think Roberts sending a Ward up there to follow Munsey get him another at bat after he had a couple last night. Pitch swung, I'm well hit till lot field indep this Paul heading back toward the wall. This ball is gone. That's a home run per month. See it is his second one tonight. It is his twenty second career multi home run game. It is his second multi home run game.
Speaker 7: Of this series. Home run number eight.
Speaker 1: On the season from month mile high.
Speaker 3: Monsey with two home runs last night. He had four home runs in this series. That one a solo shot of the ninth Dodgers I've tended to Dalton, Russian said yeah, I want to do some more crushing as well. He hit a home run, a two run shot. Dodgers a twelve to two win over the Rockies, a lineup with no bets, no Freeman, no Kyle Tucker, twelve runs, fifteen hits, five home runs.
Speaker 5: Justin Robleski gets the win.
Speaker 3: Dodgers now sixteen and six overall on the season, first place atop the NL West. And now the road trip continues in rainy San Francisco. But the good news is the rain has gone away, the sun is out. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitch at six forty five, and with the latest, let's head up to the galloping Ford broadcast as we say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 8: All right, Tim Kates, it's always great when you get a chance to come up to Oracle Park and watch the Dodgers and Giants, one of the all time great rivalries in sports. Mo You are well aware of that, and teams at opposite ends of the standings in the early part of the season. Seven games already separating these two teams in the standings in twenty twenty six, but no games separating them in the all time standings against each other.
Speaker 9: No, it's head to head and the Winter tonight will have the series edge all time being able to do that. That being said, yeah, I agree with you. There's something magical I think the Doctors and Giants over so many different years, the fact that they both moved on to the West Coast from New York at the same time as well, And the story goes that, you know, the lay water O'Malley may have allowed the Giants to select Hey, wait a minute, Los Angeles or San Francisco, and they used to have in fact that they sent somebody up to kind of study where they might build the ballpark. Well, they built Candlestick Park, and they always took the representative from the Giants on to that point on Candlestick Point in the morning. Why, because the winds had not kicked up in the morning, they built that place and stood, Hey, the win kind of picks up about three o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Oops.
Speaker 8: But here we are, all these years later, get to watch them again. The Dodgers going to experience a little different hitting environment here at Oracle, certainly different from Candlestick than what they just came from at Coors Field, they had to fight for that series split just really came up empty too many times with runners in scoring position. That big hit eluded them far too often, but they still were able to salvage they split up the series, but they got the big horses lined up finishing.
Speaker 9: And you bring up a good point too, because I look at runners in scoring position, it's not an absolute guarantee that you're going to win the ball game. But the facts are what the facts are. In that four game series where they split against the Rockies, that itself was kind of a disappointing, no question about it. But the Dodgers hit below two hundred with runners in scoring position. Meanwhile, the Rockies hit almost three hundred in those four games and picking up opportunities. So now we're going to find out tonight. And at first blushed little breeze earlier on during Bannic rad is blowing out towards center field, right center, if you will find out. But the ball is not going to carry nearly as well here as they just experienced in the four days in Denver, even though the weather was rather.
Speaker 8: Cool, and two of the main culprits of those baseballs carrying cors field, Max Munsey and Dalton Rushing combined MO with Munzi's eight and Rushing seven, they have fifteen home runs. That is more than the entire San Francisco Giants roster.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly. Well, if you look at Rushing, the numbers are again he's only had eight games. It's twenty seven advants. He's hitting four forty four and those twenty seven at bats seven home runs, thirteen RBIs. How about Max Bunsey comes on hitting a three to oh three. People may blink a couple of different times three oh three. Tonight when the Dodgers played their first game on this road trip in Denver, he was hitting two twenty two. It's still kind of an oddity with with Munsei eight home runs but only driven in nine runs.
Speaker 8: Well, hitting homer is going to be a little bit tougher tonight to Kates as Landing Roop is on the mound for San Francisco and he's been excellent. Four starts, twenty two and two thirds innings. He has yet to allow a single home run. We'll see if the Dodgers can change that. We'll talk to you a little bit later and get a key from mom.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza Parlor one of your Shaky's Pizza Chicken emojos right now at Shakys dot Com. Coming up here at Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Alex Call. We'll dive deeper in to this game one pitching matchup. We got your Otani Rewind coming up, and Kirsten Watson from Sports in La is live on the field. That's coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Giants, one of the best rivalries in all of baseball. First pitch from San Francisco is at six to forty five. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Face.
Speaker 3: Bog Dodgers road trip continues in San Francisco now for the start of a three game series against the Giants. Yoshinobu Yamamoto landing roop of the pitching match. First pitch from Oracle Park set forst six forty five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani ree wide.
Speaker 2: I mean you gotta wait an extra beat find out if it's a ball or a strike. There comes a two to one pitch to call. There goes Otani his first stolen bas atip throw down not in time, stolen base for Otani.
Speaker 10: Oh, you got a good jump too.
Speaker 2: Here's the step back in Tana's pitch. Otani swings and a line set in the right field for a bass hip and for Otani, he now has a twenty game hitting streak at Coors Field.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani won for four a couple of walks on base three times, and that on Bay streak now at fifty two straight games, the longest active streak in Major League Baseball. Show Hey Otani is one away from Tiny s Sean Green for the second longest streak in Dodgers' franchise history.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joins us live from San Francisco before the Dodgers and the Giants. Kirsen Watson brought to you by Cars for Kids, The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a kay. The big news today, Kirston some good news.
Speaker 5: Freddy Freeman's back.
Speaker 1: With the team.
Speaker 11: He is back and he has the biggest smile on his face. He and his wife, Chelsea, they just welcomed their fourth child, a baby girl. Her name is London, Rosemary Joy Freeman London, after Chelsea's parents are actually from England. Then Rosemary Joy is the name of Freddy's late mother, so to pay tribute to her. So Freddy, he and Chelsea they are just over the moon. He did say that the boys are. They're really happy. They're still adjusting to having a little sister just like she is. He has shared with us, you know, he's the type of daddy wants to be on diaper duty. And he was laughing. He goes, it's a little bit different with the girl. I feel like with the boys, I could just you know, like, oh, they got it, they're boys, They'll be fine. And I was laughing with Freddick cause I said, oh, you already she is wrapped around or she has you wrapped around her fingers. So he is all smiles, but he's also excited to be getting back to baseball. And Teddy took a couple of swings off the tee yesterday in his backyard, so he feels good. And but yeah, all smiles because another We've got two more Dodger babies that are here and this time another baby girl.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the world of being a girl, Dad, Freddie Freeman, no doubt. Speaking of bag, it feels like we're getting closer to get Blake Snell back.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we are so. Blake Sells actually currently here in San Francisco with the team, so he is going to be starting his rehab assignment tomorrow. He's going to be playing with the Ontario Tower Buzzers, but they happen to be playing here in and San Jose again to the Giants minor league team, so it worked out perfectly.
Speaker 1: So he was out.
Speaker 11: You're kind of in the outfield this afternoon and talking to the guys. He'll start his rehabit time at tomorrow. Dave Roberts. It's a plan. It's for him to get through three innings, three innings of word start just continuing with his build up. So they did say the floor is going to be that five and seventy five when it comes to where they want him to be in regard to this build up. So if that's maybe three before rehab outings, they're not rushing him in his returns, but they just want him to continue to have a steady build up and continue to feel healthy, which he does.
Speaker 5: Kirsty, we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game.
Speaker 3: Still they come here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into.
Speaker 5: This pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: David Vetsego's one on one with Alex Call, who last night was Batty's second behind show. Hey Otani, we'll hear from Alex Call coming up, we'll get you an injury report, and we'll check in with the manager Dave robertson next. As we lead up to Dodgers and Giants first pitch from San Francisco's at six forty five, I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead jump to first pitch Dodgers and the Giants Marogo Casino Resort and spot a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshiinobu Yamamoto Landing Roup. The pitching matchup. First pitch in this three game series coming up. It's six forty five.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Edwin Diaz on the IL, having loose bodies removed from his right throwing elbow tomorrow surgery in Los Angeles. He'll be out three months. Been Cosparius on the IL with right shoulder inflammation. Mookie Bets on the IL with your right oblique strain. Tommy Edmond on the IL, recovering from off season ankle surgery. Blake Snell is going to go on a minor league rehab assignment. As Kirsten alluded to. He's going to pitch for the Terrio Tower Buzzers up in San Jose tomorrow. Blake Snell, that is good news for him. Brock Stewart in a minor league rehab assignment as well in Triple Ay Oklahoma City. He's getting closer. Landing Net Gavin Stone Evan Phillips, Key Hernandez, Bruce Dark Grout are also all on the mend. Let's head back up to Oracle Park and check out with the Dodger Skipper anything else?
Speaker 6: D questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 10: It does?
Speaker 12: It does, It's I think the expectation is for him to go three innings and then probably six days later do another three innings and go from there. But yeah, it's good to see him around and with the guys, and I know he's chomping.
Speaker 10: At the bed.
Speaker 13: What is the floor for him when it comes to his rehab assignment?
Speaker 12: I would say the floor is getting to five innings for sure, you know, And you know how we get there is obviously up. You know, we're gonna talk about that as far as you know the three four, repeat the three or I'm not sure you know how we have the progression, but you know the floor is getting to five innings for sure.
Speaker 13: Obviously, looking at this lineup today, you've got Dalton rushing catching. Is it part of that more just seeing Will Smith take down three or four in Denver or is it what you've been seeing from him at the play and wanting to get him some opportunity.
Speaker 12: Here combo, but more so just appreciating that Will caught three or four there in Denver, and you know, so Dalton will catch today and then Thursday, and then Will will catch Wednesday, and then he'll catch the two games, the first two games and we get home.
Speaker 14: It didn'tely get to this point even a little quicker than you guys were thinking initially.
Speaker 7: I think he's right on track.
Speaker 12: I think that we were very methodical about this whole process, and so I think even from the outset, we were pretty conservative as far as when he's going to come back. So this is kind of what we had hope.
Speaker 7: Hey, look at three or four appearances.
Speaker 12: Oh, it'll for sure be three, but most likely four. Yeah.
Speaker 9: This I just wanted to get him a break after Foreign Colorado.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think this is his first day off, so we're in the middle of thirteen in a row. So I thought this would be a good time for in Colorado. Getting in late last night, and he was certainly trying to plead a case to play tonight. But it's still I just felt it was the right decision.
Speaker 3: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. Well, we continue here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with the David Vaza as we lead up to first pitch.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and the Giants were.
Speaker 3: The best rivalries in all of sports, reunited tonight for the first of three from Oracle Park. We'll continue right here on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Morongo Casino on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Giants, Yoshinobu Yamamodo Landing Group. The pitching matchup game one of those three games that after the Dodgers split four games in Denver. First pitch, coming up at six forty five. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Al Poto, born in LA and Maine. For your game day, El Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate.
Speaker 5: El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David BASSI.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers made to San Francisco and they got their first baseman rejoined them as well.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: Freddy Freeman is here in the starting lineup. As you know, Ryan Ward sent to Oklahoma City after making his major league debut, getting his first major league hit and run driven in. But it's great to have Freddy Freeman back and all as well with the family after receiving their first baby girl. And here's what Freddy had to say as far as the name of their brand new baby girl.
Speaker 7: Can you sure the meaning of her name and just honoring your mom?
Speaker 14: Yes, So London is her first name. Obviously, Chelsea. My wife my in laws are from England, born and raised there. She's always loved the name London. So ever since I've known Chelsea, it felt like we're gonna have a girl. The girl's name is gonna be London. And she has two middle names. Rosemary Joy. My mom's name was Rosemary Joy Freeman, so our daughter's name is London Rosemary Joy Freeman after my mom.
Speaker 6: Preddy, you going on the paternity list kind of set a chain of events that allowed Ryan Ward to have his first major league start and hit and all that were you watching.
Speaker 14: Unfortunately, London was born at eleven fifty two, so no, I was not watching the game. I did not see any visual game on Sunday. I did watch the game last night, London's first game she got to watch with me. But I I am happy. I've got to know Ryan over the last few years, and he's an.
Speaker 10: Incredibly hard worker.
Speaker 14: He's worked so hard for that moment and to go out there and get two hits and RBI and his big league debut, I was special, So we all know he can do it. So I'm sure there'll be another opportunity at some point for him to get back here.
Speaker 7: Did you hear about Dalton giving up that start for him?
Speaker 14: I just heard about it, yeah, so I for me, I thought Dalton was starting Sunday, So when I heard that he wasn't, I did have a smile and I faced was like, oh good because Ryan will get to play. But awesome for Dalton to do that, and dalton'sent off to a great start, So I'm just happy they both got to play. Because he played the next day and hit to him run, so first face was well taken care of.
Speaker 6: So everybody's happy. The Freeman family, the Dodger family. And if you remember over the weekend, Tim when we spoke to Dave Roberts, I asked him, how did the Dodgers have all these really good players yet everybody checks their egos at the door. He said, it starts with Freddie Freeman. So certainly Dalton Rushing was following his example.
Speaker 3: In Denver, David is brought to by the Forton Maverick Motor trends in the North American Truck of the Year, The fort and Maverick everything you need to them is a most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. As time, as he forded in a new light, go to you so Southern California, four dealers today speaking of Dalton Rushing, David last night first base tonight, back in the lineup.
Speaker 7: Yeah, last night, two more home runs.
Speaker 6: He has seven home runs in his first twenty seven at bats. And we talk about the game rewarding you. Well, we just talked about the karma he had giving up a start that he doesn't rarely get at first base and hits two home runs last night in Denver and Will Smith gets the day off. In the first game of this series in Dalton, rushing behind the plate, and Dave Roberts said, when he went to rushing, Rushing finished his sentence when he was explaining to him that Ryan Ward was going to have the start on Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 10: I did he was.
Speaker 15: He came up from approached me and said, Hey, this is what I'm thinking. And before he even told me what he was thinking, I was like, I know where your head's at, and he deserves it. And he was like, I appreciate you being so open minded about it and obviously giving him that opportunity. And like I said, he made the most of his opportunity. And I was just so happy for him to be able to see him get his first one at this level. Every single first one at this level is pretty special, and uh, just for him to get it after so many years of grinding in the minor leagues was pretty special.
Speaker 7: How well do you know Ryan Ward?
Speaker 10: I've played.
Speaker 15: I've played a good hand but or a handful of games with him. He's one of my favorite teammates that I've actually got to play with. He's such a good dude, same guy on the field off the field, always down to have a good time, whether we're on.
Speaker 10: The field or off the field.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 15: I think that's what you love most about players, the openness to just be themselves regardless of how the game's going, how things are going personally. And that's something I'll never forget about him as a teammate.
Speaker 6: That's so great to hear from a young player like Dalton Rushing, who's a bat up right now, despite having seven home runs in his first twenty seven at bats. We'll see if he can get number eight tonight. It is raining here at Oracle Park, but it is expected to let up at first pitch, which is coming up at six forty five.
Speaker 5: All right, David Gray, stuffill chip back in with you in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Alex Call. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Giants first pitch.
Speaker 5: Of six forty five. I'm Tim kas Is the back to.
Speaker 3: Back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in San Francisco on this Tuesday night as they start a three game series against the Giants, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and landin Roupe.
Speaker 5: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: First pitch from Oracle Park is coming up at six forty five.
Speaker 1: Hot Dog, who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well the Dodgers taking on the Giants. We go back to April third, twenty twenty four, Dodger Stadium, Dodgers taking on the Giants. Tyler Glass Now would go six innings, allowed three runs on four hits while striking out seven. The Dodgers would score one in the second, two more in the third, a run in the fourth. Dodgers were up four to three going to the bottom of the seventh inning when show Hailed Tani hit his first home run in Dodger Blue three and.
Speaker 2: One to Otani. Rogers set the pitch one hot a trilled.
Speaker 7: Deep right field.
Speaker 10: There it is the.
Speaker 2: First home runners a Los Angeles Dodger for show Hal Toney and it's five to three.
Speaker 1: Oh, no doubt.
Speaker 7: A whole pavilion high center.
Speaker 1: Show Hey showed.
Speaker 3: Him solo home run for show Hey and the seventh inning against the Giants back in twenty twenty four. Dodgers would go on and win the game five to four. Show Hey Otani would go on to have.
Speaker 5: An MVP season.
Speaker 3: He won a Silver Slugger Award, and of course set a record with a fifty to fifty season, fifty four home runs and fifty nine stolen basis. As the Dodgers won the World Series in twenty twenty four. That the first home run of fifty four that he set two years ago. The Hafey Magical Moment brought to you by Haffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you the keys to the game. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Giants. On this Tuesday night rain earlier in in the Bay Area that has since blown through. We got a game to get ready for Yoshinobu Yamamoto landing root. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at six forty five time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are about forty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 16: All right, tim, a change of venue for the Dodgers after splitting four in Denver, now the first of three with the Giants in San Francisco. The Dodgers at sixteen and six, winners of seven of the last ten, a one game lead over second place San Diego, and they are playing the Rockies tonight. Now, the Dodgers had a chance, now at least in the last twenty four to forty eight hours, to take a deep breath and figure out who's closing, what's going to be next. Out of the bullpen where it appears that Diaz is going to be out for not weeks.
Speaker 9: But months exactly undergoing a surgery is we understand tomorrow to remove loose bodies. And I think it caught most of us by surprise too, Charlie, because we kept reading as well with Diaz, maybe a drop off the velocity because of a knee issue. Well, all of a sudden the knee went to the elbow and the elbow is going to be surgically repaired tomorrow. And meanwhile everybody else understands is look, we need to pick up the slack in the bullpen. Interesting note, very quickly found this a note earlier today. If we look at the bullpen, they have four different relievers that they have used. You know, combine those four relievers just to one point three era. And here's the other part too. Some people say, well, too many lefties in the bullpen right handed batters against the Dodgers. Lefties out of the bullpen are just four hits and fifty one at bats. So they're really taking care of business on that end.
Speaker 16: All right, the old question who's on first, who's the first out of the bullpen? Or perhaps the last last year, the Dodgers used twelve different picture to earn a save, not including Sasaki. Of course, it was great in the postseason.
Speaker 7: So who do you go to?
Speaker 10: You go to Vesio, you go to Scott.
Speaker 16: Of course, twenty twenty three and twenty four we had up in Phillips twenty twenty two Cid Kimberl. Ten years before that ken Lee Jansen, So there was some sense of continuity. But now a flip of the coin, I guess.
Speaker 9: I would think that it could be Alex Vesi. And it's particular right now because he's not been overused. Unfortunately, the guys in a bullpen have not been overused in the early goings of this season. So yeah, and the other part two is who's throwing the best? I think that's gonna been. Then, of course the situation the ballgame, who threw up against? In what the opposing lineup is going to be when it comes down to the end of a ball game trying to wrap up a victory.
Speaker 16: Last night, the old question who's up well bottoms up last night. The first five hitters in the lineup of Tani, Carl Smith, Pey Oscar and Pie has combined to.
Speaker 7: Go four for twenty four.
Speaker 16: The bottom four in the lineup went eleven for sixteen months. E four for four, couple of home runs, Rojas three for three, a home run and two rbiss Alton Rushing continues to hit and that's been all had a big night.
Speaker 7: So the Dodgers.
Speaker 16: The offense is there and what's been fascinating and really through the first twenty two games of the year, it's been the bottom half of the lineup that has really done most of the damage.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they've gotten on base to kind of set the stage for the tough part of the lineup. It Two, how about these numbers on rushing as you were alluding to. First of all, he's hitting a four to forty four. It's only in eight games twenty seven advanced. But in those twenty seven at bats, how about seven home runs and thirteen RBIs. The other guy that you mentioned is Max Munsey, who comes on hitting at three oh three tonight the batting ends.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is.
Speaker 9: Only April, but if you look at the beginning of the road trip Max Munsey was hitting two twenty it gives you an indication that he too, has been red hot in recent days.
Speaker 1: Here's a question about Russian.
Speaker 7: What do you do with him?
Speaker 1: Where do you play him?
Speaker 16: He's hitting unbelievably well. How long do you stay with him? How often does he go out? Every team would like to have a problem like that.
Speaker 1: To solve, but you thinking about it, you got to.
Speaker 16: Get him some time somewhere somehow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just watching him very closely in Denver. He was working just about before every ball came during battic practice. Is working at first base, on the footwork, receiving throws, taking ground balls. That is an area I don't think we'll ever see him in the outfield by any chance. And he's in there doing the catching tonight, will Smith will get a breather to begin with, and he can't just automatically say well, we'll put Rushing as the designated hitter. Hey, they've got a pretty good one already in show. Hey, Otani, the DH who.
Speaker 16: Was one for four last night.
Speaker 7: A couple of walks.
Speaker 16: Extending is on Bay Street to fifty two. He's been on base ninety eight times in those fifty two games. By the way, the all time record for on base streak Ted Williams eighty four straight in nineteen forty nine. In forty nine he hit three p forty three. His on base percentage was four ninety. His career on base percentage splendid splitter Ted Williams was for eighty two. So Toddy's got some work to do with a base hit tonight or a walkie gets on base He'll get up there right with Sean Green at fifty three consecutive games. Whole lot to watch tonight, the first of three Dodgers in the Giants.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie, Dodgers fans. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by City of Hope. Preparation, precision, an unrelenting commitment to being the best at what they do.
Speaker 5: That's what makes a champion. A City of Hope.
Speaker 3: That commitment has one focus, curing cancer.
Speaker 5: City of Hope.
Speaker 3: Champions of Hope, make an appointment today at Cityofhope dot org.
Speaker 5: Still to come here on Dodgers on.
Speaker 3: As we lead up to first pitch from San Francisco, we'll preview this pitching matchup Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday of the Keys to the Game. But up next we go high and tight it with David Vasse. It's the Dodgers and Giants. First pitch is six forty five. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Giants on this Tuesday nights, the first of three from Oracle Park in San Francisco. Dodgers got in early this morning after split in a four game series in Colorado. Yoshinobu Yamamoto got their day early. He has rested ready to go. First pitch set for six forty five. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: David, now, what will likely be vasse fielding, and so it's from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers are in San Francisco and we're joined right now by today's starting center fielder. No, not Andy pae Has, but the versatile Alex Call.
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot for the time. I appreciate it always.
Speaker 6: They always great to have Alison Chains in the background when we're doing this interview too. And why not, Hey, the first seven games of the season, you did not get a single at bat, but Dave Roberts has started.
Speaker 7: To incorporate you more and more.
Speaker 6: How did you look at the first week of the season, and how did you stay ready?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, of course you want to play.
Speaker 4: I love to play baseball, you know, and praise God, I'm blessed the opportunity to play the game that I love and also beyond, you know, the one of the best teams ever. So you know, I I know I'm a great player. I know that I am capable of playing in the major leagues, you know, even on a on a on a daily basis.
Speaker 10: I believe that.
Speaker 4: But this is where I'm at right now, and I couldn't be happier to be here and in the role that I'm in, doing whatever Doc needs me, whatever the Dodgers need me to do, whether it's just being ready every night to come in or to give guys a blow or whatever it may be. You know, I'm just extremely grateful to be here and to be playing Major League baseball. And yeah, it's all about being ready. I mean, it's the name of the game. You have to make sure that you're ready to perform whatever your name is called. Because this is major League Baseball. Everybody wants your spot. You know, everybody would die to be in the position that I'm in. And so, you know, just remembering that and just making sure that I'm focused and prepared to be the best Major League Baseball player that I can be on a nightly basis, whether I'm in the lineup or not.
Speaker 6: Is the mindset to be able to perform when you are called upon? Does it have to be a certain level of embracing this role.
Speaker 7: If you don't embrace this role, can you excel?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean it's you know, it's interesting because it's like, yeah, obviously you want to play every day, like it to everybody's goal. Everybody wants to play every day, be an All Star, win a World Series like whatever. Like for me, right now, this is what I've been given.
Speaker 10: And when not what you're.
Speaker 4: Given, just do it and execute it to the best of your ability. And so all that comes in with just like understanding the innate like pressure that there is with playing major League baseball. Like I just said, like every little kid wants to take my job. They want to be where I'm at, playing the game that I love that they love. So there's only so many spots though, and if I want to hold onto that spot, it doesn't matter whether I get to play every day or whether I get to play it once a week, like you got to go out there and perform and show that you are a major league baseball player, that you're an asset for the team and that you make the team better and that you you know, do the thing little things the right way. So that's my focus and that's my mindset every day.
Speaker 6: How much of a badge of honor is it when Dave Roberts calls upon Alex's call, you know you're going to get a quality at bat. That picture knows he's not going to get a three pitch at bat when he's facing Alex call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's I think why they they went out and got me. You know, they said they wanted guys that are just gonna grind the pitcher.
Speaker 10: You know, I think.
Speaker 4: About my first at bat the other day in Colorado, you know against Lorenzen was a you know, three to two, you know, seven to eight pitch at bat with two outs, nobody on base, two outs, nobody on base, and the I think his second inning, you know, grind.
Speaker 10: It out, had a good at bat, took some good swings.
Speaker 4: You know, I ended up putting the ball in play to right field. You know, that wasn't super significant but it's just like that's a great at bat, Like that's a that's exactly. I just made him a little bit more tired and made him have to exert a little bit more energy. And then the next inning, sure enough, we we go out there and put runs up on the board. And you know that doesn't happen every time. But it's just like that mindset of of of making the picture, grind it out.
Speaker 10: But also I'm ready to hit, you.
Speaker 4: Know, so like if I get a cookie, if I get I'm looking for a first pitch, you know, like it all goes into it. So like I'm ready to hit, you know, especially with kind of the more aggressive mindset that I've had this year.
Speaker 10: I'm ready to hit, but I'm only gonna hit my pitch.
Speaker 4: And uh so that's the bottom line, and that's kind of how I go about it.
Speaker 7: What do you mean having a more aggressive mindset this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think when you look at Alex called the baseball player, uh you know, you're getting basically one of the best two strike hitters in baseball, and I that is something that I work on, I train on. You know, two strike is the worst average count for everybody, but for me, I'm I take I'm comfortable there. I'm comfortable there. I know that I can put the bat on the ball. I know what I can put the ball in play, And so when you do that, there's just a comfort level with that. So that's ultimately you know what you're getting without it's called but the first couple pitches, the oh count, the two oh count, the one oh count, the three one count, that is where I believe as the Dodgers came to me and I as I look at myself from last year, that's like, hey, we can improve there, Like we can improve there, Like that's a time for you to sit on that heater and take a great swing at it, like be ready for it, be ready to rip it. And if you can just do that and you know, add a little bit more slug to your profile, well that just improves my value as a player, my value for the team, and just you know helps helps in any way possible. So when you look at like what do I do best and where can we improve, we identified like if I can be just a little bit more aggressive on pitches that I can handle, expect them, expect to drive them, then there's opportunity for me to have more production, which is good for the for everybody.
Speaker 6: And that's a mindset, right, you have to go up to the plate with that type of preparation exactly.
Speaker 4: It's that type of preparation, the approach with that, and then also the staff and the team being on the same page, like, hey, this is what Alex is trying to do.
Speaker 10: This is where he's trying to improve.
Speaker 4: We worked on that through spring training and the results are pretty solid. So we're taking it into the season and I've had the aggressive mindset to be ready on pitch one. That doesn't mean that I, you know, take a week swing like no, I'm trying to get my best swing off. And you know, at the same time, if I end up chasing a pitch or if like you know, it doesn't look great, well, who cares because I'm still the best two strike hit or there is is how I think in my head, And so that's just kind of building myself as a player in a way to help our team get better. If every individual can get better, then therefore the team gets better by default.
Speaker 6: Alex calls our guest in front of first pitch Dodgers Giants Game one of this three game series, alex is starting in center field. You're a great guy to ask this question too, because yesterday you're hitting second behind Shoeyotani at Corus Field, and then today and some other days you're hitting more towards the middle third, bottom third of the order. Do you believe that every spot in lineup has a certain responsibility or do you believe you just have to be everything that you describe.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a good question.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, my objective is to get to first base. Like the name's baseball, you got to get on base. So however I can get on base, however I can take it good at bat.
Speaker 10: It's kind of my mindset.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's some other intricacies and nuances to where you hit in the order, but for the most part, the objective is just gonna stay the same and get on first base.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: In a unique situation like yesterday when Rushing was up with one out and runners on second and third, nobody was on first. I was thinking in my head, I'm in the hole right now. But if Rushing gets out here, they are walking, show hey to pitch to me, and so like being ready for that is really important because it can happen really quick. It's like, Oh, all of a sudden, I'm in the hole. Well now I'm not on deck. I'm up because they're putting it right on, so I don't have any you're ready, So like yesterday, I switched my mindset to Okay, I'm preparing for this situation to go out if rushing gets out right here, they're walking show ay, So I'm on deck right now and I'm getting ready to walk up to the plate. And it sounds very small, but like the psychology of that is something that's unique and doesn't happen a lot. So it actually just having that extra three four five seconds of realization of prep actually puts you in a better, more prepared mindset. And then I was able to do that and have a good at bat yesterday and get the walk walk a guy in.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's amazing because some of the best hitters have said, you're at bat doesn't start when you're in the batter's box or even on the on deck circle. It starts in the dugout. It sounds like you've already won that game.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, definitely, from understanding what the pitcher's doing, what he's throwing. How he's going to try to attack us to seeing is he is? You know, where's he throwing? What's his stuff that day? But then even your your mindset in the hole is different when it's on deck, and so there's just a whole bevy of things that go into it, and you know, everything is very important. It all contributes to having the best chance at success when you're up at the plate.
Speaker 6: I know you were loving and embracing hitting behind Otani yesterday. Did you get the lineup card by chance?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I told Alex to say, give me that lineup card, and so he said, yeah, when we get to LA, I'll put it in your locker.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I mean, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 4: Hitting behind showho Tani at the top of the Dodgers lineup on the greatest team ever. It's like, there's Alex call you know, same thing when I was in Game five of the World Series.
Speaker 10: Starting lineup last year.
Speaker 4: It's just like just ultimate praise God moments, so grateful and super fun.
Speaker 7: Hey, fun to watch you play.
Speaker 6: We'll have fun watching you play center field tonight here at Oracle Park. They call it now another phone company. Thanks a lot, Thanks a lot for the time Alex and awesome talking baseball with you. I think you've opened up a lot of our eyes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thank you, Dave, appreciate it.
Speaker 7: There he is the man.
Speaker 6: Alex call and he'll receive a gift card to Javieris. They have a brand new location in Pasadena. You never know who you might see there, Alex cal Miguel Rojas, you never know.
Speaker 7: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot. DV.
Speaker 3: Coming up, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. We got the keys of the game still to come. Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com. Slash US Dodgers and Giants on this Tuesday night, coming back with more.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 3: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Giants.
Speaker 3: First pitch from Oracle Park on this Tuesday night in San Francisco's coming up at six forty five.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Landing Roop on the mat three and one, two thirty eight ERA, twenty seven year old right hander, twelfth round pick of the Giants back in twenty twenty one out of the UNC Wilmington. Third season out in the Big League, second as the starter. He has been used primarily now as a starter after being a reliever back in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Making his fifth start this season.
Speaker 3: Last time out five shutout innings while striking out six you'll win over the Cincinnati Reds. His last two starts to combine twelve innings, one ear in run, that's it, ten strikeouts.
Speaker 5: He's two to zero in those two starts.
Speaker 3: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers, two to one with the two ten ERA. The twenty seven year old right hander his third season with the Dodgers, making his fifth start, and so far, Yamamoto has picked up right where he left off. Last October, he went twelve and eight and twenty twenty five with a two to forty nine ERORA. Through four starts, the native of Japan has posted a two to ten Erora, striking out twenty one just three walks over twenty five and two third innings, and now his third year in the big leagues, he's seen the Giants already five times. This will be appearance number six ohen one with a three H three e RA thirty.
Speaker 5: Four strikeouts against San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Yoshinobu Yamamoto Landing Roop the pitching matchup in this series opener. Keys to the Game with Steven and Rick are coming up next. I'm Tim kats and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers a Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Giants from San Francisco, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Landing Roop the pitching matchup in the series. Opener tonight, as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Ah Great Moments.
Speaker 5: Start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 3: Soporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi great with baseball before first mentioned before the start of the game. Let's head back up to the booth one final time, Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys, all.
Speaker 8: Right, TC first pitch, fast approaching by the bay. Yoshinobu Yamamoto for the Dodgers, land and Roope for the San Francisco Giants. He has been really the ace of San Francisco's staff to start the year, as Logan Webb has struggled to get things going. But give me a key tonight or perhaps a player to watch them.
Speaker 9: Well, I think with Rufe, you've got to be able to a adjust to the curb ball. Why it's got the biggest horizontal break of any starting pitchers so far, and he throws it forty two percent of the time so far this season. The other part two is is he can just stayed the same pattern with two strikes. I mentioned that because so far in the four starts when he's had two strikes on the hitter, he's come up with a changeup over seventy percent of the pitches he's thrown.
Speaker 8: Will The Giants, coming off a tough road trip where they dropped five of nine games through Baltimore, Cincinnati, and Washington, DC. The Dodgers two and two on their current trip. You're going to try and take this opener against their longtime rivals. It's the Dodgers and the Giants, Game one. We'll see you shortly, all.
Speaker 5: Right, thank you, Nelly.
Speaker 3: Dodgers going to play tonight, sixteen and six overall first place atop the NL West of San Francisco Giants nine and thirteen. They are one game ahead of the Colorado Rockies, who are bringing up last place in the division. Dodgers Giants, first time they're meeting this season, the first to three from Oracle Park in San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Don't forget after the game is over.
Speaker 3: David Vassid's got you covered with all the postgame highlights and reaction in the Dodgers' Clubout Show, then of course Dodger Talk as well.
Speaker 5: Enjoy it. First pitch is next.
Speaker 3: This has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm Tim Kains and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network