Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen and Saturday Midday nasty, rainy Saturday morning. Well, i'll tell you what it's all happening in Minnesota. The big story this week because a thirty nine year old mother and teacher, her name was Renee Nicole Good, because Ms Good didn't follow the instructions of a law enforcement Also, she is now dead tragically, and that is truly sad, but not surprising. I mean, these people were itching for a fight for the longest time. It's like the Vice President said, I'm going to quote him directly, it was a tragedy of her own making. And that's exactly what it was. And like I said, the left's been itching for this for months. And why you may ask yourself, why the hatred, why the contempt for ice officers they're simply doing their jobs. Why do these people continue to advocate for criminals who trespass into our country over ordinary citizens like you and I. That's something that I just can't figure out. We are citizens, they're not, but they're more concerned with them. Here's just an example of the type of person that they want to protect. These are the libs that you Sanctuary City the whole deal. And this is from the ICE website. US Immigration and Customs enforcement officers launched the targeted Enforcement Operation in Minnesota December thirty first to locate and apprehend a dude named Mahad I'm not even gonna try the middle name yousef. Illegal alien and convicted sex offender from Somaliam, but thanks to the sanctuary pract policies of Minnesota Governor Tim Waltz, assumed to be out the program. Governor Tim Waltz and this guy, he's getting on my last nerve Mayor Jacob Fry. This dan criminal was free to prowl the streets and victimize Minneapolis residents for years, and you know those are the people that they're concerned about.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: In addition, he committed a series of horrific crimes, including a conviction for criminal sexual conduct in the first degree, where he forced his victim to perform oral sex on him multiple times. He was also arrested in twenty sixteen for assaulting the first degree and has an active warrant from twenty twenty four to four obstructing police. Now again, why are we protecting this guy at the expense of ordinary citizens?
Speaker 3: I mean, why is he more important than us?
Speaker 1: I think a little civics lesson is in order here. You know, entering our country illegally, as we know, it's a crime. And I'll tell you exactly what crime it is. Eighteen United States Code thirteen twenty five. It's one of the rare federal statutes that's pretty damn simple. Basically, it prohibits entering the US at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers. And although they don't call it this, it's a trespass into our country. Pretty simple, one would think that. Well, continuing on the civics lessons here, Congress enacted that law eighteen USC. Thirteen to twenty back in nineteen fifty two, and they did it to keep people who did not want to become citizens the right way, to keep them the hell out of here. So again, it's been round since nineteen fifty two. So Congress in that year, made up then of Republicans and Democrats, as always, passed this legislation. Well, continuing in the civics lesson, the next question is who is going to enforce that statue that I just read. Of course it's ice it is their job, not just their job but their sworn duty to enforce federal law, and that's what they do, or at least try to do.
Speaker 3: And if the Democrats and the looney left.
Speaker 1: Don't like it, it's just like the Second Amendment, change it, change the law, repeal it, and just what the hell let everybody in. If they don't like the law, they can change it. Congress passed it, they can change it. But they don't want to do that because they know they won't get the votes needed. Again, just like the Second Amendment, repeal it. If you don't like it, good luck with that too. So ICE agents are demonized for the simple act of doing their job or doing the job Congress commands them to do by eighteen United States Code thirteen to twenty five. Instead, they're called Nazis, neo Nazis, Gestapo, racist, kidnappers, thugs. And here's one that I just found out about the other day that they're called slave members of the slave patrol.
Speaker 3: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 1: So you get members of Congress like Senator Chucky Schumer last week saying that I'm quoting him here.
Speaker 3: Ice causes death, ice death.
Speaker 1: You know, while people like you and I, you know, we're out working you got the pink haired, nose ring wearing crowd who all men and women, they all look like Marge Simpson to me, ended out doing their protest thing. And this week one of them said they were in an argument with somebody, and it must have been an ice officer said, well, you're gonna have to leave or whatever. She says, I'm working here, which I mean to me means she's getting paid. And that's what you got now. You know, when all the signs, not all of them, but many of the signs look exactly the same, somebody is paying for it. Everything on the left is performative. They sing their silly little songs, chant their infantile slogans with no substance whatsoever. I got a clip and I will not make you listen to it very long. Just a typical kind of democrat leftist hoot nanny at.
Speaker 3: I think this one was Minnesota. Could you play that please?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: That's enough, you get it. You know they love that song. But think about it. This land is your land, and if they're singing it to me, damn straight, it's my land. And if the person singing it saying this land is my land is the United States citizen. Fine, but it's not the land of illegal aliens. They are not supposed to be there. You know, you have about half of the elected leaders saying basically screw you.
Speaker 3: To us.
Speaker 1: And to the trespassers, we love you and we'll protect you because he's even though you snuck into our country. Kind of perplexes you, doesn't it at least it does me.
Speaker 3: And I'm telling you what, it's getting old. It really is.
Speaker 1: I mean, Trump, he cleaned up the mess that Biden left behind. I don't know how many hundreds of thousands of people he's gotten the hell out of there. He's got a hell of a lot more to go.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Another thing that honked me off and bought And I don't think I'm the only one this situation with the city of Cincinnati wanting to pay out a possible settlement for the family of eighteen year old Ryan Hinton.
Speaker 3: He's the guy that was shot in a police.
Speaker 1: Not a shootout, but they all had guns there. He came around, I guess besides a dumpster. Clearly from the video, he kind of pointed the gun at the cop and he lost his life for that. And again, it's not good when that happens to anybody. But again he put himself in that position. But the big brew haha this week, council wants to pay for that justifiable shooting or justified shooting. County pillach Our County prosecutor, I think wisely said that this is a legitimate police shooting. It's legal. You know, you had some on counsel though, and I gotta hand it to him. Jeff Kramerning has won. He said, I think the city's position is that the officer has not done anything wrong. Thank you so much, council Member Kramerding. I see nothing in the video contrary to that. I do not feel a settlement is warranted. I think that would send the wrong message to the Cincinnati police. And you know, really that statement from him is really important. There is another council member who's of the same ILK. I'm gonna tell you about him in a minute, but I commend Jeff Kramerding for that. He's going to catch all kinds of crap from his fellow council members and some of his constituents, but he took a position.
Speaker 3: Okay, Seth Walsh, he's another one.
Speaker 1: I met him a couple of weeks ago, pretty impressive young man. Here's what he said. He called the situation abhorrent. He talked to the inquirer and he said the community is owed an explanation about why the settlement with the Hitting family is even on the table and why deliberated apparently without Council's knowledge behind closed doors. Here's what council Member Wall said, quote, it's a tremendous disrespect to the families involved, and to make a public spectacle out of a tragedy.
Speaker 3: Oh, the left is real good at that.
Speaker 1: Council member, I think it is unconsonable for the City of Cincinnati to be considering a settlement.
Speaker 3: Without the full deliberation of council.
Speaker 1: The tragedy that unfolded in made devastated our community, and it is our responsibility to heal the wreckage.
Speaker 3: Not to create more division.
Speaker 1: You know what that statement, if there were any Republicans on council, could have come from a Republican. And again, I met him a couple of weeks ago at some event, and an impressive young man who obviously thinks for himself, so he got to at least sticking up for the cops. But and I was interviewed yesterday on the legal end of this thing. By Fox nineteen. I mean, here's the deal. Sometimes municipalities and companies whatever, will throw some money at somebody to get out of them, get around them filing a lawsuit. It's called a nuisance settlement. Something tells me they ain't talking nuisance settlement on this, and that's beside the point. And these two council members hit it right on the head. They hit the nail right on the head. You can't do that. You can't put that on the cops. Look, I did it. I was in this position. Connie Pillich made the right call. And it's one of the toughest things a prosecutor has to do, and that is that that shooting was constitutionally justified. Why in God's name the city of Cincinnati is ready willing and able apparently to h oh open up the vault down there on Plum Street and pour money out is beyond me.
Speaker 3: Well, I know why.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, the majority of counsel wants to appease a certain constituency. Hey, at eleven thirty today, we've got FOP President Ken kober Uh, We're gonna give me get him on the line to talk about this and boy, he is worked up about it. And I don't blame him. You know, the city gives out money like it's freaking candy. You know, they got they got bopped on the fire chief. They're gonna get if at the end of the day, if a chief Thiji does not keep her job, they're gonna have to roll the Brinks truck up to Plumb Street down there at City Hall because she's gonna hit the jackpot. But she and her family and I and I think a lot of other people want her to continue to be the police chief. Apparently, what happened the law firm that the city hired Frost Brown Todd. Apparently they said, well, we didn't find anything, and so the city managers said, well get out there. You got another month, you got till February. See what you can do. That is just outrageous, it really, but it's typical for the city and the left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing with these people. But you know, I just want to read one quote from Ken Kober and again we're going to have him at eleven thirty. This is what he said talking about this whole situation with paying the hinting family. This is an absolute outrage. Crime literally pays in Cincinnati under this city manager. It's a slap in the face to every law enforcement officer risking their lives, a betrayal of the public trust, and a disgusting messages that's that targeting cops has no consequences.
Speaker 3: And he is so right, he's so right about that.
Speaker 1: You just you can't do this, and you know, I mean, obviously it wasn't him, but his father the very next day killed a police officer brutally with his vehicle, killed a police officer, and the city wants to reward this family. No, no, I don't think so. They're going to bring down the FOP and others. These two council members that have the stones to do the right thing, council Member Walsh and Kramerding. I'll tell you they're going to bring a you know what storm down on the city if the city forks over anything. And they're trying to do it in secret to which is something the city's getting pretty darn good at.
Speaker 3: But again we'll talk to Ken. I'm gonna ask him about that.
Speaker 1: He is, from what you're ready here, obviously honked off about it and I don't blame them.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what. And we talk about this a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a tough, tough time to be a police officer, especially in a big city like the city of Cincinnati. I don't know that I would do it if I had it to do all over again in today's time.
Speaker 3: It's just it's not the same.
Speaker 1: They don't have the officers back, and the officers know that, and that's why they're not getting aggressive.
Speaker 3: We've been over that a thousand times.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, I'm losing my voice here, but we do have to take a break for the news and I'll get some water.
Speaker 3: I'll be okay, Mike Allen.
Speaker 1: Saturday Reds fans, get your tickets now for Reds Fest. Hey, just to kind of give you an idea of the show today. I'm going to get to the calls here in just a second. At ten o'clock, though, Jameis Heisel of the Epoch Times, she filed three counting three stories on the fraud scandal in Minnesota. She's all over that, like the proverbial white on. Rice Channis is going to update us on that at ten o'clock, then from ten thirty all the way to eleven thirty open lines, full hour of open lines, seven four nine, seven, one, eight hundred, the big one. Those are the numbers to call if you want to be a part. And then at eleven thirty I'm looking forward to this. Ken kober Fop Lodge sixty nine President on the nonsense going on was settling with the Hinton family, settling for what. I don't know, but we're going to talk to Ken about that. But for now, let's get to the phones. Louise, she's been on the hold I think before I even started today.
Speaker 3: Hey Louise, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Hi? Mike.
Speaker 7: I'm really anxious to talk today because even before this recent thing came out with Hinton's wanting a big hand out here, earlier in the week, they came out with the story that this man I don't even want to say his name because it would be a bail word right now, but anyway that they sent to him, the three shrinks who said he was came up with some fake mental case to try to, you know, lessen his sentence. Now, the thing that the media is leaving out I want your listeners to take note of this. The media is in no way when they're talking about this story, the media is leaving out the part that his delinquent son and I know earlier in the show, Mike, you're saying that kid was eighteen.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking that.
Speaker 7: Kid was fourteen. First of all, he stole the car. Don't forget this kid stole a vehicle. Then when the cops caught up with him, he tried to, you know, attack the cop. The cop was totally justifiable in that case. The prosecutor rolled that. So they're leaving out that part of the story. When they're talking about this guy, they send some fake shrinks and I hope they're all listening to because they're a bunch of fakes. And I had called into your show when this idiot ran over mister Henderson. Let's not forget the Henderson family. Let's not forget the Henderson family.
Speaker 9: I called into your show.
Speaker 7: The following week because that was the UC graduation. Were all these cops and this idiot passed by dozens of black cops and he attacked the white officer Henderson. And these fake shrinks that are calling this guy mentally unstable, I want them to add to that he's a racist. He passed by a bunch of black cops to attack officer White, Officer Henderson. So I want your listeners to realize that this is a two part story. This delinquent kids stole a car. And if mister Hinton's listening, what the hell kind of father is he that he raised the kid that he was fourteen? Mike, I'm almost positive this kid was fourteen, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna double check. You may be right about that. I'll double check.
Speaker 7: It, right, So let everyone know there's a two parts to this story, and this idiot is a racist on top of being a horrible father.
Speaker 10: That's all I got to say.
Speaker 1: And that's plenty. Luise, thank you so much for that call. Appreciate it. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. Maybe somebody can call and tell me how it makes sense to pay that family. You're welcome to drive you want. Let's talk to doctor Dennis in Annapolis. He wants to talk about Minnesota. Hey, good morning, Doc.
Speaker 11: Morning Mike. I would just want to make two points about this situation in Minneapolis and the ice state officer. One, if this if this woman that was in the vehicle that that got shot, Yeah, her relatives standing around the vehicle like as close as the Ice agents were. You can bet she'd have been more careful about moving the vehicle at all until they were away from they you know, their relatives were away from the vehicle. Ye, she would have not. He would have made sure they were safely away before she even you know, moved an inch right, right, and the other point I want to right, and the and the other. Yeah, she had no regard for the safety of the ice ice officers. And the other point I want to make is, you know this, these uh leftist protesters there, they all they and this has been probably made on other news programs, but they really wanted something to happen like what happened with this Renee Good.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 11: They Yeah, they needed a martyr. And the whole situations ginned up by the you know, the mayor and the walls and uh so I they're playing the game. I've called it, the leftist protester Russian roulette, and they hope that it happened something as shooting or something, but it just doesn't happen to them in them personally, you see, no I a protest about.
Speaker 1: It, and you know I heard one this week was being interviewed getting into it with a reporter probably a Fox reporter, and I mean something was said along the lines of a why are you here?
Speaker 3: Her response, I'm working.
Speaker 1: And again, if you look at it, a lot of them were carrying the exact same signs, which means, yeah, they don't do that for free.
Speaker 3: So I smelled George Soros in it.
Speaker 11: Of course, of course I read just finally I read something funny last night. There's a big reason the loon is the bird of the state bird of Minnesota.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. That's good. I appreciate that. Thank you for filling a suit. Okay, boy, I tell you what. Some things are just absolutely appropriate, the loon being the state bird for Minnesota. I don't know what those people are thinking, man. I mean it's on so many levels. I mean, you got the treatment of the ice officers, then you have this rampant, absolute wait to hear Janis give us an update, just rampant fraud up there that people's governor and attorney general seemed to know about but did nothing because they didn't want to be called racist. They didn't want to be are you ready for this called an islamophobe? Boy, how bad would that be? And the same thing with their local media up there. They ignored it too. I mean, it's it's the way of the world, unfortunately this time in history. Who's been on longest? Let me talk to Berry in Miamisburg. Hello, Berry, good morning.
Speaker 9: How's it going, sir?
Speaker 3: Pretty good? How about you?
Speaker 9: Pretty good?
Speaker 12: I have a legal question for you. I was, Yeah, someone who lives in Cincinnati could sue the city of Cincinnati to prevent that massive payout.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: And I saw that's what you wanted to talk about. I was thinking about it. There is provision I believe, for a taxpayer lawsuit against the municipality. But you know, during the break, if I can, I got my trustee Google here, I'll see what I can find out there. There might be, but I just don't know for certain.
Speaker 2: Berry.
Speaker 12: You know, I live in another part of the state, so I have no standing. But I was wondering if somebody could do that.
Speaker 1: Well, he it's if somebody can do it, I think they will do it if the city persists, because I mean, this just HiT's normal people, normies like us, the wrong way.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, giving that family money after what happened is just bull crap.
Speaker 6: That and giving those protesters money, Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk to mister Soros about that.
Speaker 12: Take your pick. You know, the city ought to prevent that from happening.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, and like I said, when I saw that, I was thinking about it. I'm gonna on a break. I'll double check and see what I can find out. But it's a very good, very timely and appropriate question.
Speaker 12: All right, Well, thank you, sir, and have a nice.
Speaker 1: Say Okay, thank you. All right, let's talk to Ransom up in Columbus. Hey, good morning, how you doing.
Speaker 13: You're more in Mike Kids always I love your programs and I'm I'm I'm sort of like incognito, your reporter from the Columbus area, connecting Cincinnati of.
Speaker 9: This every week, you know. So basically, I wanted to give your listeners a little history about you know, you know of all, you know, all of a sudden, Columbus, Ohio pops out the news about why we have so many Somalians. We have they're guestimating somewhere between forty and sixty thousand Somalians. So how did that happen to Columbus, Ohio. Well, we've had two Democratic mayors. It's all started with a guy.
Speaker 2: Named Mike Coleman.
Speaker 9: About going to it, probably about twenty five years ago. So the deal was, he comes up with this idea, we need to bring more people into Columbus to make it more you know, socially and culturally diverse, and even all the de Ice cuff was happening back in the twenty five years ago. So but the other thing is, and as you know most Democrats, what they're looking for is they're looking for the hidden the hidden candy, which was federal dollars. So it's been estimated that he was getting somewhere between eighteen hundred and thirty five thousand dollars of a person from Somalia to bring them in. So that's how basically we've grown into a large SMO community second to Minnesota. Here's here's the issue. This seems to be a cultural thing about most of them. Now I'm not going to generalize them. Is here's here's where the rub comes. As you talk very eloquently every week that the every man and woman, common person paying their taxes.
Speaker 14: We pay for everything.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's what makes everybody upset.
Speaker 14: And this is why it's.
Speaker 10: Hitting a fan.
Speaker 9: Now, if this money was going to people legitimately, we have no problem in the United States, taking care of the or friends, the prisoners, the widows, uh, kids without come to dead all. I mean, we're a very generous country. But if you're if you're going to screw us from people that don't want to assimilate to our culture. They don't want to learn how to speak English if they want to be on welfare. Well, like they were stating the Washington, uh meetings they're having right up there, the uh you know, the the the Republicans are doing a uh trying to get the facts basically about you know, what's.
Speaker 3: The congressional investigation. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is probably what Jane is going to be sharing with the lot of us too. And man, she's such a great report. I would love her to dig into Columbus because, uh, you know, we're not as bad as Minnesota, but we do have that stuff. And the current mayor he's just useless. His name is Andrew Gunther, and he is For instance, he has said we are a sanctuary city, uh, but yet has never come out and been bold enough to say worse sanctuary said so in other words, everything's under the rug, you know. And and he's patronizing this and then it is a political it's a political coup. These Democrats, they do this, letting them b Johnson told some of his cronies. He told anybody that was running for office back in his day, says, you got to learn how to pad the box.
Speaker 2: Yet the ballot box.
Speaker 3: They're padding it up there.
Speaker 1: Hey, Unfortunately, Ransom, I got to get some of these other callers. But okay, thanks for keeping us posted on Columbus. If you would continue to do that, I'll.
Speaker 3: Take your call every time, all right.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it's basically long story short is that we've probably got people that have been on welfare for over ten years or more and that abuse. If they could just get the abuse on accountability happening, then I think people would calm down a little bit more.
Speaker 2: You know, I got you got God bless you mana you Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean Ramson just said the word that it sums it all up as to the solution for this crap, and that's accountability. And Tampon Tim is not being accountable. Uh, and the Attorney General is not being accountable at all. And boy, I'm here, Ellison, Keith Ellison, I'm here, and there might be some stuff dropping on him. I'm gonna ask Janis about that when I talked to her in a little bit. Hey, let's talk to Ryan in Hamilton. Hey, how you doing Ryan?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 3: Are you good? Good?
Speaker 5: First off, I want to say rest Renane Nicole good.
Speaker 2: She was shot in the face three times point link Rains was turning the wheel away from an ice officer.
Speaker 1: She was no, no, no, no no no, I'm not gonna let you.
Speaker 2: Did you did you?
Speaker 3: Would you? Would you?
Speaker 6: Let me?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: If you don't let me talk, I'm gonna hang up on your ass. Did you see did you see the last video Ken, the one that came out.
Speaker 2: Yesterday talking to Celton footage.
Speaker 1: No, I might have been body caim. I don't know, it doesn't matter. He let me ask you something. How many of these kind of shootings did you have to rule it on?
Speaker 2: I actually nobody's ruled on any of these.
Speaker 1: I mean, the point I'm trying to make is I'm not a know at all, but I've been there, I've done that, and that is a good shooting.
Speaker 3: Now let me say this. Will you shut up, Let me say this. Let me say this.
Speaker 2: Please, okay, go back fine and talk about pampon tim and talking.
Speaker 1: Like you're out of here and you're out of here. You know what, learned how to be civil and you can. I love going back and forth with these guys, but they don't give you a chance.
Speaker 3: What I was gonna say before, you.
Speaker 1: Know, he the torrent of interruptions was I wasn't real sure about it until I saw that last video. And there's more evidence too, which makes it clear that that's what that woman intended to do. And it is a tragedy that she's gone. Apparently she has kids too, but it's a tragedy of her own making. Like the Vice president said, please, if you disagree with me, please call, but let's have a discussion going back and forth. Oh I'll tell you what. Hey, let's talk to Ken in Cincinnati. Hey, Ken, how you doing all right?
Speaker 14: Mike?
Speaker 15: I do want to say happy new Year and maybe prosperous and healthy to everyone out there real quick. When they call us islamophobe, I call them Christian phobes.
Speaker 3: Oh they can't do.
Speaker 14: That, Boby.
Speaker 11: So hey, you know what what they are.
Speaker 3: They're immune from criticism.
Speaker 1: Ken, don't you know that you're not a lot of criticize them.
Speaker 15: And the other thing too. The main reason why I was calling is in the insurance businesses. Someone gets killed while they're committing a crime, the insurance policy is not.
Speaker 3: Going to pay the family.
Speaker 15: So I'm tired of the city selling these cases with people who are involved in criminal activity. And that includes an eight point two million dollars settlement ugy so called people mostly peaceful riots we're doing. So I hope someone does folow a lawsuit uh to uh to contest that, because it's just really crazy.
Speaker 11: And then this whole thing with the latest with the hinting case.
Speaker 14: If the guy was involved.
Speaker 15: In still in a car in criminal activity, but for that, none of this will be happening.
Speaker 1: You're right, and I appreciate the call and bumping up against the news.
Speaker 3: All right, God bless you man, you too, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know getting back to that last caller, I mean, if you want a debate, let's debate. That's what makes the world go around. But it turned into a shouting match pretty quickly. Let's see, you know what we are bumping up against the news. When we get back, we're going to talk to Janis Heiseel. She's going to give us an update. She filed three different stories this week out of Minnesota. We'll get that, and then from ten thirty to eleven thirty open lines for those of you that are on hold. If you continue to hold, I'll get y'all first, and we'll do that. Like I said at ten thirty, we'll break for the news here and then come back with Janis Heisel from the Epoch Times seven hundred WLW, News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen with our two Saturday Midday. Well, our next stress is going to tell us that there's more going on in Minnesota than these protests. The investigation into the massive, unprecedented fraud in that case continues. Janie Heisel of the Epoch Times filed three stories on that subject this week, and she's here to talk with us.
Speaker 3: Janis, thanks so much for calling in.
Speaker 4: Absolutely Thank you so much, Mike for having me. Before we dive into the stories that I wrote, I would like to take just a quick minute and tell the listeners to please say a prayer for my colleagues who are actually in Minnesota right now and amid all.
Speaker 16: The character things that are going on, you.
Speaker 4: Know, they there are reports from some of my colleagues and other people there, other media people I've heard from that, you know, when they've been kind of collateral damage. There's been some less lethal munitions fired in the area when.
Speaker 2: It you know, then the.
Speaker 4: Shopner or actually the ubber bullets will hit some members of media, and.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's really tough.
Speaker 4: And I also wanted to point out the importance of responsible media coverage and how a lot of citizens are pushing back when things may not be that way. I would like to point out from the Cincinnat enquire I.
Speaker 16: Don't usually do something.
Speaker 4: Like this, but my husband pointed this one out. Here's the Facebook post. It says ice officers shot and killed a woman observing ice activity in Minneapolis. In response, Cincinnati joined national protests. Yeah, as you can imagine, citizens went off in the comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, and you're right, And usually I don't see that filtering down to local media.
Speaker 3: Jannis.
Speaker 1: I mean, in all my time, I think they've been overwhelmingly fair and unbiased.
Speaker 3: It's mainly the national media.
Speaker 1: But it's very appropriate for you to make that comment, and I appreciate you letting us know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just thought people would like to know that, you know, that's out there and there are people voiceeing their opinion about that. So if you look, if you're on Facebook, take a look at that, unless maybe and him changed it by now, but I have a screenshot of it. So anyway, Yeah, I'm glad to talk about the stories that I've written. And yes, I like to do more than just a sensational headline, right, I like to look into what really is happening below.
Speaker 16: The surface as much as I can.
Speaker 3: Yep, you do it. You do that. Well, let me ask you.
Speaker 1: Your first story that I read Medicaid will claw back fraud funds at doctor Oz. I guess had a press conference about it, and his was about Medicare Medicaid I forget which one. And they're digging into that one thing I saw in that story. Jannis his agency, Doctor Oz's agency can't find Ah, it's not really that much. Only five hundred million dollars in these Medicare slash Medicaid payments.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just one believable.
Speaker 4: Again, every time I think my jaw can't drop open anymore, ye, yeah, latest news coming out of here, it does. And actually Trump has pointed out that the fraud across our country, not just Minnesota. But one of the things about Minnesota. That does make it stand out is per capita, the suspected and documented fraud is really really high for a smaller state in parison to say California per person per capita, if we cost that out, I don't have those figures in front of me, and it's something we're still working on, and I don't know if I can even get my arms around it.
Speaker 2: It's too big.
Speaker 1: It's just hard to fathom at some point. And you know, you know, doctor Oz said, good for him for saying, is he's going to try to claw back the funds. I'll bet when it comes to restitution if there's a criminal conviction, there ain't gonna be a lot of money to give back, unfortunately, because they spend that already. But tell us a little bit more about what doctor Oz had to say this week.
Speaker 4: Well, he said that, look, you know, why should we give you any more money if you don't have the controls in place to make sure that this money is actually going for the intended purpose. That's the bottom line on that one.
Speaker 3: And is it Medicare or medicaid? Janis I should know medicaid Medicaid?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Yeah, the other all stories are good This is extremely interesting. Minnesota agency staff backdated records as auditors found failures. I mean, that's big time bad and probably criminal if they Ohio has a statue for tampering with records. What's the story on that, I mean, how how are they doing it backdating the records? If you know from within your story, Well, there was.
Speaker 4: A hearing where there's a person called the Office of the Legislative Auditor and this this is an agency. It's like a watchdog agency that's been within their Minnesota government for many years and their job is to kind of spot check different agencies, uh, to make sure that they have financial controls in place, things that again, make sure that the money is going for the intended purposes, that they have the t's crossed, eyes dotted, things like that, and uh so when they went into this agency, it's a division of the Department of Human Services, which is in essence the welfare department. Uh, the Department of Behavioral Health is supposed to uh take care of some needs for people who have substance abuse and things like that and uh disabled and things like mentally mentally, uh people with mental disorders and take care of those people.
Speaker 3: And I think all of us, you know.
Speaker 4: Would support those uses of funds. But when you go in there and you're trying to make sure that that money is going for those purposes, and then when you start asking for records and they go, okay, where's the proof that you visited and provided services or that the contractor? They administer grants and I think it was like between two hundred million and over three hundred million per year. This agency is in charge of doling out grant money to various providers. They go in and they go, well, where's the proof that this agency.
Speaker 2: Provided this service?
Speaker 4: Yea, And then they created a record and they said, well, we just forgot at the time of the visit to document that we were there, you know, making sure that this company was providing the contracted service under.
Speaker 2: The grant money.
Speaker 1: You know, you talked about the legislative auditor Judy Randall. She in your story, she's quoted in her twenty seven years of working for the watchdog agency. Randall said, quote, I have never seen this before. Multiple employees fabricated the records, she said, so we do believe it was a systemic effort. I mean, that's big time fraud. If you've got a bunch of people involved in it, which it looks like that's the case there.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember one fact is that it was in February of twenty twenty five that they were that a record was created after the audits began, and they were documented visits that happened several months prior, and so that is a huge concern. And one of the things that was surprising to me that I hope to have time to follow up on is they did not say during the hearing whether what kind of action, if any, would be taken against the multiple individuals that she the Legislative Auditor identified as being these backdating you know, creating.
Speaker 1: Records and at the same time they're going after whistleblowers. Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, but it's not surprising. Just one more thing from that story, Janus, I want to read just a short paragraph that you wrote talking about James Comber and the Congressional House Oversight Committee hearings and James Comer you're talking about Comber highlighted a specific concern. The report discloses one grantee received nearly seven hundred thousand dollars for a single month of work, yet couldn't provide auditors with documentation proving that amount was justified. I mean, it's just it's stunning in its brazenness.
Speaker 4: Did you note the part where it actually came up during a congressional hearing the head of the Oversite Committee, James Comber, pointed out, quote, here's the kicker. I remember he said that the employee who approved that particular grant left the government agency and took job later on with the place for which he said, you can have the money.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know, the blind leading the blind.
Speaker 1: You know, seven hundred thousand dollars kind of adds up, and I'd like to have a job where I can earn that for a single month of work.
Speaker 3: It just gets worse up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really, let's both go there, Mike what he say?
Speaker 1: I'm ready, man, I'm ready. Okay, the most comprehensive. You're all your stories are comprehensive, But boy, the one four takeaways from the fraud congressional hearing that we were just talking about, you break it down into four separate things, Janie. First one being national discussion.
Speaker 3: This is a key point. Can you kind of tell us what you're thinking on that?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 4: I think that you know, a representative Hudson. I don't have that story in front of me, but he really put it very well. He described and you know, if maybe you haven't it in front of you, Mikey, you can describe what is his exact words for because I don't want to misquote him.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Comber.
Speaker 4: Representative Hudson. He was from He's from Minnesota, and he was one of the three major witnesses who testified. There was a fourth witness, but he didn't say a whole lot. And Representative Hudson is on the fraud Prevention Committee in Minnesota, and I just I feel like.
Speaker 16: That he put it well. If you don't have it in front of you, we can you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would rather have him say it to me. I'm looking forward to here.
Speaker 1: Janis a lot with Comer and then the Republican lawmakers, Kristin Robbins, Walter Hudson, Marion Rerick.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're talking about the very first subhead and that is okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's he.
Speaker 4: Was amazing and I just want to, you know, I don't want to, you know, put any words in his mouth.
Speaker 1: Well, it says they testified at the hearing along with the fourth witness Brendan Belou, a former federal prosecutor and native Minnesota. So, I mean, obviously these people are legislative people and they're keeping an eye on it. I guess if you broke it down between good guys and bad guys, these people are the good guys.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you say, well, I don't want.
Speaker 4: To, you know, opine on that. You know, but I will tell you that this hearing ended up being kind of devolved into some shouting matches where some of the people on the other side of the political aisle were raising questions about things that were not relevant at all to Minnesota fraud. For example, they were bringing up January sixth, and I'm kind of like, what does that have to do with Minnesota product? That was what the witnesses were pushing back. And then then that ends up where the person in Congress is yelling at the witnesses thing.
Speaker 16: It's my time, I get my time back, and just.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, back and forth.
Speaker 4: And so anyway, the key point that you know, I found the quote he said, the national conversation has been fraught with distractions about personalities and parties and politics. They're trying to say this is all just Republicans coming after Democrats. He said that basically that they a lack of oversight for Minnesota's generous benefit programs. Maybe easy for people to quote certain benefits into business.
Speaker 16: That's the phrase I was hoping you would say.
Speaker 4: Because people need to know that is systemic. They want to turn benefits into business, according to Representative Hudson, and that the state developed a culture of profiting from government programs and perpetuity not as a safety net, but as an industry. He said it, and I could not put that any better.
Speaker 16: I am sorry.
Speaker 4: I wanted to give words because he is, you know, there in the state. I am not, And I just could not have put it any better than that. He sees it from the inside and had seen.
Speaker 2: It for years.
Speaker 16: I'm kind of trying to come lately on the scene.
Speaker 4: So and there's even a cottage industry where consultants earn living by helping people get benefits.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I saw that in your story.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure I get this in here.
Speaker 1: One of the things to me is just shocking your section about whistleblowers punished and intimidated.
Speaker 3: What do you know about that? Janis?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, the thing that stood out to me most that I had not heard yet. I heard about whistleblowers being punished and threatened in things, and reassigned different jobs, and all of that, you know, really bad enough. But then there were there's an email that was entered into the congressional record that shows that a leader of the Welfare Department sent out to several other people at least a veiled threat, if not actual statement. I don't have the email, I've asked for it that says we want to use military intelligence to have the exact.
Speaker 1: Locations I saw that, unbelieva. Let me just read a couple sentences here from your story. You are quoting Rareck here. Their collective message has been completely consistent. Instead of focusing on fraudsters, DHS leadership instead focuses its focus is its surveillance on employees. After one whistleblower raised concerns, she faced a lengthy investigation, was escorted out of the building and transferred involuntarily to another state agency. Just a couple more sentences here, Jess. Other employees have reported being threatened with being fired, being blacklisted from all state agencies.
Speaker 3: And this is what you just said.
Speaker 1: This floored me, and receiving a veiled threat of the use of military intelligence against them. Now that's got to be a federal crime in and of itself, I would think.
Speaker 4: Well, I did say a couple of congressmen at the hearing did raise the possibility that such actions have proven could constitute criminal conduct. So I don't even know, like if if there are enough prosecutors to look.
Speaker 3: Into all of this.
Speaker 4: The problems are so deep and wide that one of the prosecutors is the guy who has been kind of like the lead prosecutor on the Minnesota front. And this is the point I want to make sure people realize this didn't happen overnight. There have been alarms raised about this, and that's another key point that's been missed. Alarms have been raised about this for a decade or more, right, Yeah, and they get ignored and so literally they This prosecutor has been in charge of most of these cases, especially this main one called Feeding Our Future, which, to remind the listeners, was the case where people were claiming during the pandemic era, to provide meals to kids that they ordinarily would have gotten in schools that schools were closed because of the COVID pandemic, and they weren't providing the meals that they were just pocketing the money and doing other things with it.
Speaker 16: Basically up to the tune.
Speaker 4: Of now three hundred and ten million is the latest.
Speaker 16: Prosecutions are still.
Speaker 4: Continuing, and they began in twenty twenty two, after investigations started.
Speaker 16: The year prior. So that is this prosecutor that was in charge of.
Speaker 4: All of that said at one point he could have one thousand.
Speaker 16: Prosecutors and still stay busy.
Speaker 1: I'm reading it now and I read it last night. Let me ask It's impossible to answer. I guess I wonder if that was tongue in cheek or he actually believed that. I mean, with what's going on there and the lack of oversight, maybe they would need a thousand prosecutors. It's just it's incredible. Hey, we only have a couple minutes. I'm sorry, a couple of minutes. I thought I want I wanted to ask you a couple things. First, what's next in Minnesota? Secondly, what are you hearing about Columbus? Because I kind of thought last week there'd be a big week up there of discovery. There was a little bit of a blit, but then I didn't hear anything, so you have two and a half minutes.
Speaker 4: Janis okay. So what's next for Minnesota is that the Fraud Committee is probably going to have a hearing sometime this month. Now, who knows, they may not have it. It's this unrest and the clashes between the ICE and the protesters continue, so we'll see if they are going to have a hearing. I will be covering that for certain. I know there is an additional congressional hearing that is planned coming up in the month of February where Governor Wall of Minnesota, if people are aware, may remember that recently he announced he is not continuing his bid for reelection for a third term Darnick. He and the Attorney General Keith Ellison from Minnesota have been a subpoena or there.
Speaker 16: Have been seveena.
Speaker 4: They take it back, they may be subpoena, but they've been asked to come February tenth to a hearing in Congress before that oversight committee.
Speaker 16: So that's what's what's next on deck for Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Other than the crazy unrest. Now in Columbus, I actually did take a trip up there with a photographer on Tuesday. I have not finished my report on that, and I don't want to steal too much of my own thunder, but I will say I went into the Somali community and I was able to get a few interviews. Many Somalis were afraid to talk to me or would not or could not speak English very well. But the ones that I did speak to, I really got some pretty interesting stuff. And there's been some videos that have surface where people are, you know, doing kind of like the Nick Shurly thing and alleging this business. You know, But I, in my opinion to like need him to take one visit and a place. One place I went, for example.
Speaker 16: I could hear children inside, so I know there were children in there.
Speaker 4: Okay, but who knows, maybe there are five children in there and they're building for twenty you know. I don't have the authority to go barging into a place, and it did to me. Yeah, so that's kind of I will have a story coming up next.
Speaker 16: Week on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we will look forward. And again, this is invaluable, Janis. I mean, you're giving out information that I don't think a lot of reporters in this country know or have bothered to do the work on so and I can't tell you how many times I get Hey, you know, I listened to you and Janis Heisel's really got that story down.
Speaker 2: Pat.
Speaker 3: I guess that's all a long way of saying, I really appreciate what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I appreciate being on the air to talk about it because I do think that people in Cincinnati really need to be informed in back people across the country. So thank you again for the opportunity, and We're all going to definitely stay tuned and I'll keep working as.
Speaker 16: Hard as a can.
Speaker 1: That sounds good, Jans, thank you. All right, boy, I'll tell you what. That's some good information. It just it's frightening, it really is. And I think she would have said if I would have asked her, they've only scratched the serp. It's up there, but pretty bad. Hey, listen, we got to take a break. I'm already late for the news. When we get back. Your calls and those are the all hold I'm going to get them first. Mike Allen Saturday.
Speaker 4: Midday sixteen rules you would recruit Look.
Speaker 1: Gallen Saturday Midday as promising, I'm gonna get to the phones.
Speaker 3: This won't take long at all. I did do some research, some down and dirty research over the break about the question of whether a taxpayer can sue the City of Cincinnati to prevent them giving any money to the Hinton family.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about all morning, and I tell you the first thing that pops up is AI, and I have found AI to be accurate and fair. Okay, here's the short answer. Yes, an Olio taxpayer can potentially sue a municipality over a settlement, but it's complex. Usually requires showing misuse of funds well that would be right on the money, or illegal activity, and often depends on the law. Exceptions to this is this would be the problem. Two exceptions to sovereign immunity. Uh, that's you'd have to get around that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: When a taxpayer can sue a common basis is if the municipality is misusing taxpayer money, failing duties, engaging in illegal acts under the revised code. And then just one more thing on the sovereign immunity thing. Municipalities have immunity, meaning they can't be sued easily, requiring the taxpayer to fit it into a specific legal exception. And there there are quite a few exceptions to sovereign I you need, but you'd have to find one. So I think the answer is, yes, you can, but it won't be easy. So anyway, I wanted to make sure that I had that down. Hey, let's talk to Roger in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Hello, Roger, thank you.
Speaker 17: Hey, I'm in Columbus. First of all, on the insurance issue, Usually the insurance policies, I understand, have the ability to override what the city wants to do, so the city might not want to settle, but oftentimes the final decision is with the insurance company.
Speaker 2: So give some thought to that.
Speaker 3: That's that's interesting, Roger. I didn't know that. I mean, it's the city's money. But you sound like you know what you're talking about. Are these things, these kind of claims against the city, Usually they get the money from the insurance and not from the general fund.
Speaker 17: Well, Cincinnati could be self insured, you know, they might not even have an insurance company, and if it's viewed as an intentional tort, their policy may not cover. But I by no means I'm an expert, but general information. But you know, I wanted to get back to if I could just in the situation with the audit mobile and all one has to do is take a look at the world. How many people have used vehicles as weapons? Okay, it's an obvious issue of throughout Germany, you're wherever you want to look. Vehicles have always been used as weapons.
Speaker 1: It's at all and police officers have died in them, cars driven into it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry all the time.
Speaker 17: So split second decision making me. She put herself in this situation and unfortunately she.
Speaker 2: Paid a high price for it.
Speaker 17: And then my final comment, and wouldn't mind knowing a little bit of your.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on this.
Speaker 17: Let's assume Milwaukee is a city of what maybe two million people?
Speaker 2: Would you say, let's say two million, million and a half, So you have about five hundred people showing up to be worked up and so forth, and then.
Speaker 17: The media calls it chaos. Believe me, five hundred people, half who are on payroll is not chaos. I'm not diminishing the numbers. But what five hundred, seven hundred and fifty were out last night in Milwaukee out of a city of maybe two million?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I know, and I think it's safe to say that.
Speaker 17: It's orchestrated and the vast majority of the people are too busy, trying to make a living, going to work, raising kids. All that to be concerned about seven hundred and fifty people, half of whom are probably on some form of a payroll and picked up the same sign they got in Portland.
Speaker 2: Is the same sign they have in Milwaukee? Yep? Any sense for my thinking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'll tell you what I think you're I gotta let you go, but I'll answer your question. Thank you for that call. That was a good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you look at it, you do see a lot of them with the same kind of signs, the same thing. So they're on somebody's payroll. My guess it would be Soros or one of his. But you know, the thing of it is the media. It's an interesting thing to cover, it's an interesting thing to get film on. So that's why they flock to it. But he's right, people need to keep it in perspective. I mean, these are the college professors and the students that the college professors get all wound up. They're not I don't believe ordinary citizens like we are. You know, that's a statement that's pretty general. But uh, you know, they don't have real jobs that they have to go to So that's just me. Uh, I am going to talk to Terry who disagrees with me, which is which is fine. Hey Terry, how you doing?
Speaker 14: Hey? My, come on, I listen to you every week.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 14: I know you're not that bad a person because I see you on my my cousin's kids fundraising things all the time for their church.
Speaker 3: So okay, I think that's my alma mater.
Speaker 18: All right, well, I always see you whenever they got a fund raiser on there. With that said, a few thanks, I'll run to the quick pamp on tim. That came about because the small rural schools up there, sometimes girls had to use the boys locker rooms. I've got four daughters that play sports. I live in a rural neighborhood. Like, if that gets you guys that worked up, you don't care about girls sports that much. I know the nickname is funny, but well that's just that's just the truth of it.
Speaker 1: There, here's the thing that and that's the first I've ever heard of that, and I believe, well again, it's not really based on anything that I think the reason he did it was to play kate those who think that men should be in women's sports.
Speaker 3: But you know what, just for the heck of it. I'll drill down on that later. But it's an interesting question. Ah man, he took off. I wonder why he did that.
Speaker 1: I mean we were they having a decent discussion. Oh man, Well, anyway, I tried.
Speaker 3: Let's see, let's talk to Tim. Hey, how you doing, Tim? Good morning?
Speaker 1: Tim?
Speaker 5: Are you there?
Speaker 18: Buddy?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 9: Tim?
Speaker 19: Tim?
Speaker 1: All right, he's out here. Call back Tim if you can. Doug in northern Kentucky, Let's talk to him.
Speaker 3: Hey, Doug, how you doing.
Speaker 20: I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Just wonderful.
Speaker 21: Just an observation on my part. I was just at the post office in Florence, Kentucky, and there was probably thirty to forty African Americans, the elderly. There was an African guard applying for post or having a brain cramp.
Speaker 3: Post office sports, oh, passports okay, yeah.
Speaker 21: And that just seemed odd to me because I've never been to the post office, and I go there quite often. Were more than maybe one or two people were there trying to get passports.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. They usually I've gotten a passport. I had to a couple of times because of course I lost it the first time. You got to go jump through some hoops. But it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe it could be a sports team or something. I don't know, But you're right, that is a bit unusual.
Speaker 21: It's just that they had one line for general post office duties, and then they had another line which was out in the main lobby for passports, and they were all interested in American and again summoned African garb interesting. I just found that. And you just had that woman on there, the investigative reporter. I don't know her name, sorry, And I just thought that might be something shem want looking too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and what post off office was it, Doug, I don't remember if you say it was Florence, Florence.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, well I'll tell you what. If you hear anything more, call us back. But that does seem somewhat unusual.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and on your individual you had earlier that wouldn't let you talk. Yeah, I just seemed very similar to the conversation that the ice agent had with that woman who got shot and that guy. It just seemed the mind frame of them two people were very similar.
Speaker 3: It is it is, Hey, I appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Okay, Doug.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like I've said, I literally mean from the first show that I ever did here the arrogance of liberals. They're never wrong about anything. They will never consider the other person's point of view. They're right, and damn the torpedoes. They have a right to do anything that they want to further their cause, and that is a big part of the problem with these people.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see. Oh Terry's back. Hey, we lost you. How you doing good?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 14: I don't know what happened there. Sorry, Okay, second thing, I guess you can consider me an arrogant liberal. I don't consider myself.
Speaker 3: That, but you don't sound eric if you want to categorizing.
Speaker 14: We all agree we.
Speaker 2: Don't like fraud, right, don't like what?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, do you say fraud roud? Okay, yes, sir, we don't.
Speaker 14: Okay. Maybe James Heiseel can do an in depth reporting, like a twenty five item reporting on the twenty five people that have been convicted of fraud that Trump is pardoned this year.
Speaker 3: Fair story. I mean, that's a fair story. I don't know that it's twenty five.
Speaker 14: Some of his it might be twenty three.
Speaker 11: You might have me there.
Speaker 14: Okay, some of the people prosecuted, we're prosecuted by his own people, and then he parted them.
Speaker 1: I know there's a big one. There's a big fish that he pardoned and caught a lot of crap for it. I'm gonna drill.
Speaker 14: Down on it and see, all right, last thing, I'll go through this past. But you're uniquely qualified because you're a prosecutor and a defender. Right, yes, sir, if you're a prosecutor, and just say Trump's the head of police. And he comes on and says, this guy was so brave he got ran over. He's lucky to be alive. Everybody saw the video. We know that's not what happened. Wendy Vance comes out and says that he has immunity. Christy Numb comes out and says that this woman was a domestic Harris. There's a third camera, Mike that came out yesterday. That's across the street. That's the ring camera. Yeah, this woman had been sitting there for less than two or three minutes. She's waving the ice guy long. One ice guy says, get out a car. One ice guy tells her to keep going. There's witnesses that attest to that, and the video shows that the guy who shot her, who's using a cell phone for whatever reason. I'm sure that's not police standard issue. That that guy never was touched by that car. It's clear evidence. It's it's out there if you want to see it.
Speaker 1: No, I do, and let me ask you. You would never let me ask you, Terry. Did you see the last one that came out. I think it was last night. I mean that's the one that sensed it for me that I mean, that's what it looks like where.
Speaker 14: He's holding in his camera. I don't call there's one directly behind it is from like a ring doorbell that shows it.
Speaker 18: He's not he doesn't get hit.
Speaker 14: Mike, I'm not. I would never want to be a cop because I'd never want to be in this situation. Sure, but I think it's just really reckless for our leaders to come out and say all this stuff instead of just waiting, Like if you're the prosecutor, why don't you want them to say, like, hey, we're going to review all the evidence. You know what, you might be guy ran over.
Speaker 1: You might be surprised here, Darren. For the most part, I agree with you. I hated to see that. I mean, in those kind of things, they can be complex. I don't know that this one was. But you know, you got to gather the evidence, uh, and put the evidence against the law and see if it fits or not.
Speaker 3: I agree with you on that one, but I do have to go.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the call, and I appreciate I appreciate, I appreciate the stability.
Speaker 14: What's that, miss Glenn Mason?
Speaker 3: I know I missed him a lot.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what you debate with that guy, you better know what you're talking about. I missing you can be how about you be the new Glenn Terry.
Speaker 3: How's that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, you too? Thank you? Okay.
Speaker 1: As lawyers say, there's exhibit A as to how to conduct a debate, I mean, it wasn't really a debate, but back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. That's how you do it. And I appreciate that, and I appreciate his call. I think I got time for one more. Mark's been holding on forever.
Speaker 3: Hey Mark, Hey, good morning, Mike.
Speaker 14: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good? I'm good.
Speaker 2: What you got, hey?
Speaker 6: A couple of things, you know, I just past week got to experience the legal system sitting on a jury and making having to make a decision, and a jury where the focus of the whole thing and one of the key issues was intent, intent of the crime. And you know, when you sit there and think about it and you put the cop or the officer or whatever in that position intent, you know you have to make a split second decision of what the intent is. Is that person going to shoot you, is that person going to hit you?
Speaker 2: What are you going to do?
Speaker 6: And I think it's reckless for anybody to sit there and say make a point they knew what's going through somebody's mind, because you don't.
Speaker 11: And I think the bottom line.
Speaker 6: Here with all these problems, all these issues that we see is that the one one issue here is that we have a we have an officer of the law, be an ice agent or whatever, who basically gave an order to stop, and people not obeying the cop. And that's why, that's why we give police officers badges. When a cop asked you to do something, you have to do it. And if you don't comply, more times than not, bad things happen here. And I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand that if you have a problem, then that's why we have a legal system after the fact to go back and see if you were wrong. But if a cop tells you to stop, you stop. And I don't know how many of these instances we've seen, probably most of them, where an officer told somebody to do something and they didn't, then it escalated into a bigger issue. And that's what I experienced in the jury the past week. An officer was told told somebody to stop and do something, they didn't comply, It got, it got violent, and bad things happen.
Speaker 1: Are you comfortable. Are you comfortable saying what the verdict is. I'm just curious. You don't have to if you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: I would say that one, you know one uh one charge innocent, others charge guilty.
Speaker 16: Okay, so okay, But again, intent was the big.
Speaker 6: Issue on both of those where one you really couldn't determine what the intent was or was And I mean, I guess you know the old adages was it the unreasonable doubt? And you know, in my opinion, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta you gotta do what you gotta do. I gotta get going here, though, I appreciate you hanging in there. I appreciate you serving on a jury. You wouldn't believe how many people want to get out of doing that.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Michael, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I figured that that was going to come up sometime today. The way, there's a case I think it was in the late eighties, Graham versus Connor. That's the Supreme Court case that determines liability for police officers in these type of things.
Speaker 3: And the Supreme Court was smart enough to.
Speaker 1: Write into their decision you got to view it from the officer's perspective. What just like the College just said, what is in his mind at the time, and it is split second. So anyway, it's Graham versus Connor. It's really an unusual case and that it's readable even for attorneys.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Hey, you got to break for the news. When we get back, I'm going back to the phones.
Speaker 1: Mike Allen, Saturday Midday, our three of the Saturday Midday program got Ken Cobra FOP President coming up at eleven thirty. We've got open lines here, but if you would just please indulge me, I promise it won't take that long. This thing has been sticking in my craw from earlier in the week. Do you remember the judge in Milwaukee that there was an illegal immigrant in her courtroom. I don't even remember what that person was there for, but at any rate, the judge shepherded to this guy through her back door, and I guess somebody helped him escape and they got him. They got him a little bit later. But the judge, her actions were just abominable. Well, anyway, she lost her job, she left the band. She's trying to make herself a hero, saying I'm doing this for her exact words, and this is from an up ed in the Wall Street Journal. I am pursuing this fight for myself and for our independent judiciary, she says, I am the subject of unprecedented legal proceedings. I am pursuing this fight for myself and our independent judiciary.
Speaker 2: You know what that is?
Speaker 3: Such boy crap.
Speaker 1: She committed a crime, she I believe, went a trial, I think I'm not sure was a jury trial, and found guilty.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: You can't do it as a citizen. You certainly cannot do it as a judge.
Speaker 3: And she says.
Speaker 1: At the end of this thing, Judge Dugan says, her case threatens the quote independence of our judiciary. And again this is the Wall Street Journal op ed. But her actions intentionally helped a migrant accused of assault for federal law enforcement. Her example is a sad commentary, a sad but necessary lesson to other judges who let partisanship trump their obligations as officers of the court.
Speaker 3: Well done, Wall Street Journal. This woman is no hero. She's no hero whatsoever.
Speaker 1: She's not pursuing the fight for an our dependent judiciary. We do have an independent judiciary. Judges can't break the law, though, Judge Dugan, and and I'm sorry you lost your job. But uh, perhaps judges, if this ever happens again, or any elected official, public official is in a position to do that, they don't do it. So she's got nobody to blame it herself. Okay, let's see. Let's talk to fran In Mason. Hey, frank to good good?
Speaker 6: How you doing nor good?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 10: I was trying to call the three congress people that voted to continue to spend money wastelessly. And guess what if you try to call a US congress person you're.
Speaker 5: Not going to be able to do it.
Speaker 3: What was this locally, friend or Minnesota? That's this is here in Ohio.
Speaker 10: Really, Yeah, you try to call a congress person their quote voicemail isn't working.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 10: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Usually, I mean I've done it before, not for a while, and boom, I get a real human being right off the bat.
Speaker 3: That's an all three.
Speaker 14: Of them, huh, all three of them.
Speaker 10: So just as an fyi, hey, also, just your newscaps the news at ten thirty blames the measle epidemic.
Speaker 2: This is WLW reporting this, okay, on.
Speaker 10: People not vaccinating their kids of a disease that was eradicated years ago.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's our fault.
Speaker 10: His parents not to inject young babies for something that they didn't need. They didn't blame the twenty million people that came from the armpit of the world into our country who were not vaccinated, who may carry who knows what disease.
Speaker 1: No, I understand that, and I have in the course of doing this job a number of times people have not agreed with the newscast. The thing of it is that's separate from the talk radio part of it. I do hear what you're saying, and I appreciate you letting me know.
Speaker 2: Yep, Okay, thank you God bless man.
Speaker 3: Okay you two frand thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: There are two separate things, but I get what he's saying. Hey, how's about Jay in Centerville? Hey, good morning, Jay?
Speaker 3: How are you Jay there? I'm good, I'm good. What you got for me?
Speaker 20: Oh you know, I'm the I'm the one that's the people refugee from the people's public Portland. A lot of DejaVu with Minnesota. Yeah, craziness. I called it to respectfully disagree with your caller. Okay, So two things. I saw an overhead view camera where his leg was clearly brushed.
Speaker 3: By the car the police officer.
Speaker 20: So yeah, absolutely, and that's all over Facebook. It's I don't know where that shot came from, but it's definitely not AI. It's it's real and his leg was hit. So the other thing I keep hearing as well, her tires will turned to the right, Her tires were turned right.
Speaker 8: He doesn't know that.
Speaker 20: All he knows is that there's and they's been and then she's been told to get out to stop. I also read that she ran around harassing those guys all day for several days prior to this incident. That she's a social justice warrior, and you know it's it's her fault, but you don't impede a police officer. Now, if I saw if I saw a beat cop in downtown Cincinnati arresting somebody, and I didn't feel like it was the right thing, there's no way I'm getting in the middle of that. So why is an ice officer different than a beat cop?
Speaker 2: And since that they're not been.
Speaker 20: Brainwashed by the politicians that these people are hurt legitimate and she got herself killed.
Speaker 1: And it is a sad thing, But what did the Vice president say? It's a tragedy of her own making. And it's just obvious to me. And I wasn't convinced until last night when I saw that last video because the other ones weren't really good angles.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what she tried to do to hit the officer.
Speaker 1: And we talked about it just a minute ago, Graham versus Connor, that case stands for the proposition one proposition that you got to put yourself in the position of that cop at the time it's happening, at the time the cops got to make a split second decision.
Speaker 3: You can't second guess.
Speaker 20: So I think it's been he's been hit by a car before, exactly.
Speaker 1: I heard that, and you know what, that would be factored into it too. But you know, again, I wish people could turn the temperature down a litt little bit on this thing. But you know what, that's just not the way it is in today's day and.
Speaker 3: Age, you know.
Speaker 20: And and how irresponsible is she for having all those children go out on the road, leave Colorado, go to Minneapolis to go harass police officers, chase them around and impede their duties while she has three kids sitting at home.
Speaker 3: It's a hell of an example.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 20: It's a shame.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the call, Thanks Mike, Okay, thank you. Yeah. I mean I can't stress it enough. And I dealt with it. As a prosecutor.
Speaker 1: You have to put yourself in the position of the police officer at the time and at the place where the uh, the death happened. You kind of have to substitute what he's thinking for what you're thinking. He or she and the Supreme Court I think it was the mid eighties.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. Gave us some good guidance on that in that case.
Speaker 1: You know what, maybe someday we'll discuss that case, uh in detail, because it's interesting and obviously time worthy.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 1: Tim in Minnesota, Oh wants to talk about Minnesota. I'm sorry, sorry I put you in Minnesota?
Speaker 3: Tim? Are you there?
Speaker 4: Tim?
Speaker 3: All right? Hopefully you'll call back. Jeff and Zenia? Hey, Jeff, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Mike.
Speaker 16: Hey.
Speaker 11: Before I get started, I'd like to commend you on being one of the talk show hosts there that actually take calls, because there's quite.
Speaker 3: A number of them on there.
Speaker 11: I hear the all.
Speaker 3: I hear that a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, because also too, you know, we have a voice out here too, and everybody's got their opinion on things. And I just wish more of them did as much as you did, because a lot of them said, don't take calls at all, and they have different guests on, you know, every time, every day of the week, and it's just.
Speaker 1: You know, that's not what talk radio is about, exactly, And that's that's I agree with you on that. I mean, other guys can do what they want, but I enjoy taking calls. I think it's important I.
Speaker 2: Think it is too.
Speaker 11: Besides that, I got to I mean, I've got to compliment a couple of other callers too, because as a person who lives in the United States, when a cop gives you a command, you better listen to them, or, as Jdvan says, you put yourself in a position that may not turn out well for you and people. You know, we're growing up now where you know, all these YouTube videos show you what to do if a cop talks to you, what stops you, and what you can do, what you can't do. And the other thing is too. A lot of these people these protests, if they're being paid, you know, to do that. They're there for a specific reason, and it's not basically to promote happiness and well being. They're there to torment as well as agitate as well as basically confront the cops just to get a reaction so you can have a situation like they did in the Cincinnati where they get paid us nice substantial little stump some for doing so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and I'm sorry, go ahead, go ahead, No, go ahead, go ahead. Well I was just going to say, I mean, you're absolutely right about that. I wouldn't want to be a cop in today's world at all, with everything that's going on, and I believe they are getting paid. I think I mentioned earlier in the program. I'm watching somebody's coverage of it, probably Fox yesterday, and the u was a Fox reporter was talking to this person as Laura Ingram, that's right, that's right, that's right, And the lady said, or a little bit of an argument, and the protester said, well, I am working, which indicates to me somebody's paying her, probably a George Soros type.
Speaker 11: Person exactly, or she could be working for a company.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 11: Hey, you know you want to go out and protest, go ahead, just like a lot of the schools in the area too. That yeah, you know, they'll let the schools out to go have a little little protest parade, you know, because they don't like X, Y or Z.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 11: And wait a minute, I thought when we used to go to school, you know, that's what we were going too, not to basically go out and do a little parade down the street showing hey, we're supporting this or we're supporting that.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 11: It's yeah, it's and that shows direct proportion on the fact that the teachers now are the ones that are cheerleading these students and you know, tell them, Okay, you need to be justice warriors.
Speaker 14: You need to do this, and you need to do that.
Speaker 11: And that's another reason why are schools everything else are in such the position that they are, is because we're not teaching what people need to learn so that they go out and actually live life.
Speaker 3: You know, you are so right.
Speaker 1: About a month or so ago, I got on the website of the NEA and ac ANYA National Education Association at AFT American Federation and Teachers whatever they are.
Speaker 3: Two big unions.
Speaker 1: I did not see one thing about how are we going to get our kids to get their test scores up?
Speaker 3: How are we going to teach math? Every time they.
Speaker 1: Open their mouth, it's just all liberal radical politics. They ought to do their damn job and bring our math and our reading scores up. They are they're completely out of control. They don't They could care less about the kids they.
Speaker 11: Teach exactly one one quick thing on. I know you've got other people, so I'll get going. You know, the schools have been having this problem for a long time. You know, you've got kids going into college now that either can't read aren't up to the snuff of what where they should be, and the teachers are the schools are looking back. We'll wait a minute, it's not our fault all wayminute, bull crap. You're the ones that has the responsibility to be teaching these students and you should hold them back when they are like COVID, you pushed the whole generation through in two years that had no business even going up to the next grade because most of them are on advance or remote learning and at fourth or fifty percent of the time, none of them are even showing up for that. So we've got multiple problems.
Speaker 2: But I'll let you go.
Speaker 11: Great show, Mike. I appreciate the fact that you do take a lot of calls and you know, keep at it. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, jehank you for the call. Let's talk to Bill in Kentucky. He wants to talk about paid agitators. Pretty much on topic.
Speaker 3: Hey Bill, how you doing, Oh just fine, covering a good day.
Speaker 8: Good And but I'll tell you somebody needs to be looked into this. You're right, that's a good word. You've got a good word for it. And now look up against the law. Now, somebody why are these people not being investigated and locked up to shut this stuff down?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know that it's against the law, though, Bill.
Speaker 8: You know, well, I think it is because they're inciting agitating violence.
Speaker 1: Man, Well, inciting the violence. That's that's a crime in Ohio. But you've got to have a lot to be able to prevail on that. But I understand what you're saying, though.
Speaker 8: They somebody's kind of shut these people down. It's it's illegal. They could you know, they can all lawyers. They can always find a way to shut this stuff down.
Speaker 14: The government can.
Speaker 8: I mean, if anybody can do it, to be the government get these people and you know, penalize them. And if they find out they've been hire these people to go in the middle of the street and do all this stuff, they should be locked up there. They're complished, dude, they're in charge of.
Speaker 1: I hear you, Bill, I hear you. I appreciate the call. I got to try and get a couple more in thank you. Yeah, I don't know about that. There might be First Amendment issues there. I understand the frustration, believe me. And the first thing he asked, don't these people have jobs? Because this week It was a lot of it in the daytime too, so you know, I don't know that it's illegal, but it's very annoying. Let's talk to Randy. Hey, Randy, how you.
Speaker 2: Doing pretty good?
Speaker 6: And Mike, how were you good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 17: Go?
Speaker 14: First time I remember.
Speaker 5: Gotten through and it's nice to be you to get through to you because I've known you for years. You used to come in my businesses when I was downtown, in my Schuber prayer shops.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, I did a lot, Yes, you did.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I believe our problem is the Democrats is the largest criminal organization in the United States. They get away with everything they want to get away with.
Speaker 9: Don't we don't.
Speaker 5: Impeach their Democrat president that obviously needed impeached. We got Democrat women that come out and say, go do violence on the street, and then they get to stay in their congressional seats. I don't understand why we're not getting rid of these people and getting them out of our government. Why should they be allowed to do it? If Trump says one thing misleading, there's fifty million pece on it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's just media.
Speaker 5: The media is owned by the Democrats.
Speaker 1: But you know what, and you're right, about that, Randy. But it's starting to get a little bit better. The Washington Post, believe it or not, had an op ed this week. I think it was on the Minnesota riots or whatever the hell it was, but they actually took not a moderate tone. It was actually a conservative tone. Little cracks are starting to happen. Uh But boy, I tell you, it's that that comes on top of years and years and years of outright bias. And I've been watching this stuff for a long time. It's better now than it used to be. But hey, I'm bumping up against the news here though. I appreciate the call, Randy.
Speaker 5: All Micha, Well, thank you for taking my call. I have a great thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, you too, thank you. Yeah, it's better than it was. I think I've said before. Back in the day, all you had ABC, NBC, CBS, that's it, and all we had was the National Review. It's a lot better now, thank god for Fox News. All Right, we got to take a break, but when we get back, we're going to talk to FOP president Ken Kober. I got some questions for him about this whole situation with paying off a family that tried to kill a cop and did kill a cop, the young one I think tried, but Sergeant Henderson was brutally murdered in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: At least some of them want to give that family some money.
Speaker 1: No, no, anyway, I'm going to talk to Ken about that when we get back, Mike Allen, Saturday Midday.
Speaker 19: The war on drugs drives on first dope running votes intercepted. Now the capture of Venezuela's president, will there be any more regime changes, countries invaded or cartels contained? Cheap it Here for the latest news Radio.
Speaker 22: L W how Stephen Curry and this is gentleman's cut. I think what makes gentlemen's cut different is me being a part of, you know, developing the profile.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're back, Mike Allen, Saturday Midday. Well.
Speaker 1: Fox nineteen reported earlier in the week that FOP President Ken Kober says Cincinnati City Manager Cheryl Long is quote scheming to secretly pay close quote the family of Rodney Hinton quote potentially millions in a settlement close quote over.
Speaker 3: The death of his son Ryan.
Speaker 1: This thing's got the entire town talking and well, at the end of the day, in my opinion, at least it comes down to what's right and what's wrong.
Speaker 3: The president is here, Ken, thanks so much for calling in.
Speaker 2: Sure Mike, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Uh, can you say as much as you can say about how this how this whole thing went down, because the city manager denies that it happened. I think I know who I believe, but can you kind of give us an overview of that and then we'll talk about the substance of it.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 2: So, I had a source from city hall that called me Thursday afternoon. Uh, made me aware that this is what's going on. You know, the city managers trying to settle and they actually had a tentative agreement, and that the city managers trying to keep this quiet and they were just going to kind of get this done, you know, out of the view of the public, which obviously was confirmed by Councilman Cramerton where he said we're going to be getting an update. We're going to talk about this in executive session. For those that don't know what executive session is, they kick the public out, you know, they have an executive session literally means that it's it's all protected, there's there's notes taken. The people inside are not supposed to discuss what happened or what's going to happen, And they said, he confirmed that. And if you look at the city manager's statement that she put out, she didn't deny that there are negotiations. She claims there's a tentative agreement. However, I was able to confirm that as I spoke to one of the officers involved that was the law department reached out to them to let them know that a tentative agreement had been reached.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, I mean, are you in a position to say what that agreement was? I don't want you to violate any any kind of trust or anything, but I thought i'd ask no.
Speaker 2: And that's the problem is. I started reaching out to council members. I go, hey, I understand there's there's some agreements, settlement agreements and reached. What do we talk about? How much money is this? And these council members are like, what are you talking about? She has no idea, you know, so we could say, you say that it's not secretive, but why does the city council know about this?
Speaker 1: That is, I'm telling you what that they don't know what the hell is going on down there? The left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing. It's not just this, it's a hell of a lot of things. But I'm sure you know you've got two council members on that council that boy came out strongly in your favor, Jeff Kramerton and Seth Walsh. I mean, did you get to read what they had to say about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually, not not only those two, but Councilman Jefferies. He actually reached out to me Thursday night.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, And so.
Speaker 2: Ken, I'm completely against this. This is absolutely wrong and I'm against it. We shouldn't be doing this, and we're going to do what we have to do to stop this. And then, as well as I've been told, I haven't been able to confirm this yet that Scotti Johnson as well as against this. I don't know how any council member can be for this.
Speaker 3: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just want to read one or two sentences about what council Member Walsh said, because he said it so well. It is a tremendous disrespect to the families involved, and to make a public spectacle out of a tragedy, I think it's unconsionable for the City of Cincinnati to be considering a settlement without the full deliberation of council. The tragedy that unfolded and made devastated our community, and is our responsibility to heal the wreckage, not to create more division and kremiting. Statement was strong as well, So obviously you do have some support there. Let's talk about the guts of it, though, Ken, I mean, it's bizarre when you think about it. The legislative body, Cincinnati City Council and the city Manager are apparent, and some on Council, not all, are apparently thinking about giving a settlement to a family whose family member killed a police officer, a deputy sheriff up there at UC directing traffic, Sergeant Anderson in just the most horrible way possible. A lot of people are scratching their heads on this one, Ken, saying, what the hell are they thinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know, I've been around a police department near the twenty six years and one of the hardest things that I had to do Thursday before I went to the media to talk about this. What's contacting the Hendersons and letting them know, Hey, this, this is what's gonna happen. I didn't want them to see this in the media. First. I wanted them to be able to hear it before it got out there, that this was this is a potential, you know, thing that was going on, and that that they also had my support that I was going to do everything that I can to stop this from happening. And they, certainly you were thankful, and they're the same way. They're they're scratching their head, going how how can they possibly do this? It just doesn't make any sense. It only further, you know, you know, it has the emotions running high, victimizes, you know, the Henderson's even further, it's not enough. You know that Deputy Henderson was viciously murdered. Yep, and now on top of it, we're somehow going to give a settlement to this family if it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Do you think the votes are on enough votes are on council to stop it?
Speaker 2: I certainly hope.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My understanding talking to some of these council members is they're going to do everything they can uh to make sure if this gets brought to a vote, which I certainly hope it does, that they're going to have the moral compass to vote against us.
Speaker 1: They have to, and now I know some of them will, you know, they'll pontificate and say, hey, you know, we had to do this because we didn't want to go to trial and get hit with a huge judgment, which they would not.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: But it'll be interesting to see at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I hope that it all comes out that they said, well, that was a bad idea, We're not going to do it. Uh, they do go, as you mentioned, going to executive session. It's Monday. Do you expect to have some resolution or maybe getting close to a resolution by the.
Speaker 3: End of the day.
Speaker 2: I certainly hope. So, you know, I hope the resolution is we're going to fight. We're going to port these officers and we're going to fight this. And I'll be honest with you, you know, years down the day if they want to file aallsuit, file a lawsuit. Years down the road, if a judge somehow determines that the hint and family should be paid. Now, I can live with that, but I can't live with the city saying no, we're just going to settle. They should fight this. They should show the Cincinai police officers, especially when you had, you know, a new prosecutor that investigated this, went over all the evidence for weeks, and then determine that the officers did absolutely nothing wrong. They followed their training, they followed the law. That's what're fighting for.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right about.
Speaker 1: She obviously made the right call, and in some cases they'll send it to grand jury and let them decide the grand jury of course, you know, as a tool of a prosecutor. But she made a strong decision and for her and her party it may not have been particularly popular, but she did the right thing. I mean, I think overall, I think she's doing a really good job for whatever my opinion is worth. But she made the right call on this one. It should have been case closed. But you know how that goes in government, especially Cincinnati City Council. What's the feeling among the street cops can about this. I mean, let's just say a new officer on a couple of years or something like that, and they got to be scratching her head too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've had officers not only from the Cincinnati Police Department, but from the Sheriff's Department expressing their support for me to bring this to light, to fight this because they're they're they're beyond just being mad. I mean, they are absolutely just frustrated. I mean they can't believe that something like this would happen. And then the Sincinoni police officers they're saying the same thing, like wa just said, what are we doing? This isn't just this isn't just a criminal that was shot and killed by a police officer. This family the next day went out and viciously murdered a sheriff's deputy that had nothing to do with any of this. So this isn't just about paying somebody that was committing crimes that ended up dying because they made some really really poor choices and put an officer in danger who had to save their own life. It's what happened the next day that makes us even more egregious. And I can tell you there are a lot of officers that are absolutely furious that are paying attention to what's going on. And when we talk about you know, city council and the city administrations, and while we support the police that we've given you guys raises, we've done recruit classes, those are all things that they should be doing anyway. Yep, you're right, about that, but standing up now, standing up now and saying, you know what, if they want to sue a sue us, We're going to defend these officers and we're going to make sure that everything comes out. And at the end of the day it judge goes, I'm dismissing this case.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with this, you know, And at some point even politicians have to take a stand and make a principal decision. And boy, this is like exhibit A for that. And I guess we'll have to wait and see. I did want to ask you too about Chief Fiji. I guess the story now is the law firm that was hired, which is a good law firm, making no versions on casting those versions on them, said well we couldn't find anything. City council said, well, take about another month, you know, and see what she can do. I mean that's how it appears to me, and I think that's how it appears to the general public too. I mean she's getting screwed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I understand this isn't This isn't a city council saying take more time. This is my city administration. This is a city manager saying okay, well, We're going to take some more time to think about this. It's it's absolutely insane. I mean, they found nothing. All they found is, oh, there's a couple officers that don't like the chiefs. Well, you know that's been going on as long as police departments have existed. You know, there's some people are going to like the chief, some people are not going to like the chief. The bottom line is there is no just cause to fire her, and now they're in such a predicament that what are they going to do?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: The only answer for them to do is to pay her some kind of of retirement package.
Speaker 3: To retire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because anything short of that, there's no scenario where she's going to come back. You know, that's just who would want to work in these toxic canis after you know, they're questioning your effectiveness and all of a sudden they find nothing. How do you come back in and work for these same people?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: I get it, I get you know what, And if there is a settlement, they're going to have to back the Brinks truck up down at City Hall because she's going to tag them butt good. She's got great counsel on it. I mean, I hope and I had her family in here. Was it last week or maybe the weekend before talking about it. She's got a pretty darn good record too, is chief. And some of the things that she's done, it just it makes no sense. It makes the city look stupid, It makes the city look petty. And as you and I have talked a number of times, but for Issue five and taking away civil service protection for the chief and the lieutenant colonels, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, But if we can give eight point one million dollars to people that were violently protesting in twenty twenty, well, then certainly we can give somebody who has an impeccable record for thirty five years that has been treated wrong. We can certainly make sure that they can live a comfortable retirement. Yep, you would think so. You know, I was talking to somebody this week. I forget who it was, about being a police officer and recruitment and things like that. Today, I think ken and you correct me if I'm wrong. Last time we talked, I think you said that they had openings the city did have money for I don't know it was a class of thirty or something like that, and they couldn't fill that class, which just was mind boggling compared to how it used to be. Was the city able to find these police officers so they can put that class on?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: So, is this lateral class that they financed for thirty officers is going to start here at the end of the month. Oh good with seven officers?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say the full compliment. That is just the bizarro world for somebody who's as old as me, And you're not as old as me by any stretch, but I'm sure you remember it too.
Speaker 1: That damn convention center was backed to the gills. There are a couple thousand people there that wanted.
Speaker 3: To be cops.
Speaker 2: You know, when I took the test in early two thousands, there were about four thousand people that took the test, and out of the four thousand, they chiseled that down to a list of approximately one hundred officers. Out of four thousand, that's what they hired, one hundred. They had two classes of roughly fifty, and then they had another test the following year where they had another three or four thousand people take the test. And now if we can get four or five hundred people to take a test, we're lucky.
Speaker 3: And that's just sad.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously it's an honorable profession and it shouldn't be that way.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I don't blame young people at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, my goodness, look at the situation in Minneapolis, and I wanted to ask you. If you don't want to talk about this, I get it, but I wanted to ask you your thoughts on what went on out there this week and the decision with respect to the ice officer using deadly force. Uh A damn suv is headed right at you. Do you have any thoughts on that at all that you'd like to share?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's clear that now that more of these videos are coming out, that this officer was struck by this vehicle. You know, should that officer have been in front of the vehicle if you watch the video, at least some of the videos that I've seen, you know, he was going around the vehicle, looking at it, looking at the license plate, some of these things. I don't think he'd believed for a second that this person was just going to take off.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: You know there's certain situations where, of course you have to be mindful of somebody that's in a vehicle, but the vehicles parked, And I don't I don't believe in Like I said, I can't possibly know what was going through this officer's mind. But you know, one would assume, Okay, at the vehicle's park I'm walking around it, you know, I do I want to stay in front of it. He was clearly moving. Wasn't like he was just standing in front of it, putting his hand up like you should stop right, you know, But police thing, it is difficult. You know, things happened in a split second and before you know it, you have a vehicle coming at you and you're trying to get the heck out of the way exactly. So this officer did what he thought he had to do to save his own life. That's what he did. So we'll see what the interviews say. But ultimately, you know, these officers, they have a right to protect themselves, especially when you have a vehicle coming at you. Yeah, the Supreme Court has said this time after time. If you just look at the officer from Blendon Township that was just on trial for murder up in Franklin, County that was just acquitted by a jury for a very very similar circumstance. So clearly that jury said, no, we're falling the law. This officer fall the law. I don't see that this is any different.
Speaker 3: I don't either.
Speaker 1: And we talked earlier in the show with a caller about Graham versus Connor, which I'm sure you know is the Supreme Court case that says, among other things, that in judging these things, you have to put yourself in the position of that officer at the exact moment and before the death happened. You can't substitute your opinion for what he or she should have done. I mean, I can't imagine being in a split second thing like that, where you know, I'll wait a minute, what do I do while the car runs over you? But I want to ask you one more question. I'm just curious about this. Take Minnesota. You got Ice there aggressively but appropriately doing their job. Then you have the Minneapolis police who are, from what I can see, working against Ice, and they were interviewing the cheap the other day, and you know, I'm just thinking.
Speaker 3: These are cops. Cops stick up for each other, cops cover over for each other.
Speaker 1: Does that put those local police officers beat cops in Minneapolis in a bad place?
Speaker 3: I would think that it would.
Speaker 2: Well, sure it does, because you have what your oath says, what you swore to do, right, do you swore to protect the constitution? You swore to enforce laws, and then now you have politicians saying, well, I don't like this law, so I don't want you to enforce it. The answer is, if they don't like these laws, why don't they go petition these lawmakers and change the law. That's how it's done in a civilized society. It's not no, well we're not going to enforce this law because we don't like it. We don't get that. We don't get that opportunity. We don't get to be able to say I don't like this law, I'm not going to enforce it. That is absolutely wrong thing to do. They should be going to Washington, DC, on Capitol Hill and telling these lawmakers we don't like this, we don't like what's going on, we don't like these laws. We demand you change them. That's how things are done in a civilized society. Yeah, and it's the way it used to be done in this country. Too.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you think about the street cop, you know, getting directions from on high Hey, you can't cooperate with ICE blah blah blah. And police officers being who they are and what they are, they want to cover over for their fellow officers. But they're in a really difficult position.
Speaker 2: I guess well they are. But you know, thankfully, especially something like that here happened in Cincinnati, you have a collective bargaining agreement, you have the FOP that is going to stand up for you when you do the right thing, and it's just it's a shame that these things are even going on. And this is you know, we went through this earlier in twenty twenty five where Mayor Pureval came out and said, yeah, we're not helping ICE, and I immediately put out a press relief saying, oh, yes we will, we absolutely will, because we're sworn to do this.
Speaker 3: Yeh.
Speaker 2: And thankfully I will say. Mayor Pureval said, listen, if they're doing it within the confines of the wall, I get it. These officers should be doing these things. It's not like we're not going out looking for you undocumented people that are that aren't here that's just we have many, many other things to be doing, and that's not the mission of local law enforcement. However, if a federal agency comes and says, hey, we need help, you best believe ever since a police officer's work, and if they hear a call for help, they're going to go there. You get how it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. I just wish it was that way throughout the country.
Speaker 1: But hey, I really appreciate this, Ken, and I'm going to be watching this closely to see what happens with this whole situation with the settlement, and we'll talk again.
Speaker 16: Sure sounds good, Mike, thanks for having Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, that was FOP President Ken Kober. Well, I'll tell you what he is, really a good FOP president. He has the needs of his officers, puts it first and that sort of good FOP president has to do. CPD is lucky to have him. All Right, Well, that's it for me. I will be I think I'm in for Sloany on Tuesday this week, but of course i'll be back next Saturday for Saturday Midday.
Speaker 3: Mike Allen seven hundred WLW