Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Vasse or Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: We're here right now with three time World Series champion, one of the veterans in that Dodger bullpen, and certainly a guy that loves David Vassey and that's why he's here with us on a beautiful Sunday. Thanks a lot, Blake trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, might I stressed the viewers? Those are your words, not mine.
Speaker 2: I love to hate. First question, Blake, this past week, you've done something that you haven't done all season long, pitch back to back games. Does that mean things are trending in a different direction for you? How much do you relish those opportunities?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean the fact that it's been a couple of times this week has been great, testing the body a little bit more and seeing how it bounces back, and you know, an unfortunate one and against the Giants, you know, not getting the quick outs like I was hoping to with the with the guys on base for Yama. But you know, yesterday was nice to check the box face some guys I've seen you a little bit. I had really good careers, obviously one of them being Mic. It's always fun facing against the guy who commands his own so well as he does and sucks that I've walked him now a couple of times. So but yeah, he's you know, getting back out there and having a back to back and slightly long one but efficient at the same time.
Speaker 2: It was nice to see you were needed and so we're so many of the other relievers set eight relievers used in that bullpaying game on Friday night. What's it like amongst the bullpen when you do have to have a bullpaying game and you guys pitch a shutout. How much celebration amongst all of you was there?
Speaker 1: You know, I think in the past it's been more celebrated between us. You know, this year's been so great because we've never really had to do that. Our starters were so good and we've always had great starters here, but you know, the season's tough, and sometimes guys performed to their ability and everyone in the five or of man rotations clicking right now, so you kind of forget, you know, like in twenty one we had some really good starters, but maybe not five deep that were healthy, and so we had to do some bullpen games. And back then it was like, yeah, we did it guys. You know, like last time it was you know, we're we're glad that we could pick up our team. You know it was it's whenever you can do your job and give the guys a break, and you know some guys are going through it, so to bless the team from our angle is always fun.
Speaker 2: How do you guys approach that? I know, from the outside looking in, it's a different type of pitch game. But for you as relievers to be successful, do you have to treat it like there's a starter in the game and you're just coming in whenever your group of hitters are coming to the plate. No.
Speaker 1: I think it's just same as it's been every year. Whenever your name's called, you just go get the house that you're asked of, that are asked of you, And if you try to make it more than that, it becomes harder. You don't need to add any more pressure to yourself. The game is already hard enough. And you know, like coming in, it's kind of cool to come in the fourth end and you know, I'm like, I haven't come in the fourth and along time and we showed up, We're like, hey, who's starting today, who's starting to you know, Investie on his typical rant, like.
Speaker 2: He goes, tryg's nervous, he's got to start.
Speaker 1: I said I would relish the moment to start a game again. I haven't done it since fourteen, So found out Will was doing it. He got the nod and then just kind of piecing it from there, just trying to figure out in my earlier later who's my run? You know a lot of rieties here, So it's more or less like at what point in the game that they want to throw me out there? So, yeah, just do your job when our name's called it. He keeps it simple and takes a stress off everything else.
Speaker 2: Some of the guys after the game, we're joking with Will Klein. He was acting a little different because he was the starter. He was had his chest puffed out a little differently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not everybody's made for the limelight, you know. I think he should be proud of how he threw. He had a bigger moment in the World Series. But he that guy's so talented and with his stuff, he can throw one of his five pitches per at bat and have a low pitch count and throw two plus innings if he has to, not that you ideally want him to do that, but you know he's more than capable. We got a guy falling.
Speaker 2: Over here, sorry, no harm, no foul over.
Speaker 1: There, had a tech guy over here. Just eat eat us.
Speaker 2: So back to Will Klein. Forget about the pitching. Blake Trining has been trying to get Will Kline to shave his mustache of his beard. Any success. I mean, he still's got the mustache. So anything getting closer to.
Speaker 1: That, well, it's not in my camp anymore. I put that on you and your viewers to make a vote when he was on your show, and it seemed like he kind of acknowledged if your viewers called in and the poll was, yeah, shave your mustache, it's probably gonna happen. Okay, So it's not on me.
Speaker 2: It's on me.
Speaker 1: Stop kicking the buckets to me. They have the balls in your court.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good. Thank you say okay, sounds good. So there you go. Let us know.
Speaker 1: I need a heavy vote, even if you don't think it'll look good, Just do it. Just say yes, one hundred percent. And on Will Cline shaving his mustache, keep the beard only a mustache, full amish, respect the people, hard workers. Will's a hard worker.
Speaker 2: So okay, before I let you go, another hard worker, Kirby Yates part of your bullpen last year. What a celebration yesterday before the game to present him with his World Series ring. It seemed like he was one of the more popular teammates. Why was he so special to the group last year?
Speaker 1: He had a couple guys who are veterans that came over, you know, Mikey, Comforto and Kirby and you know, amongst a couple other guys that I'm sure I'm gonna forget. But yeah, Curb being in the bullpen, having such a great career and then being with us as a you know, just a good teammate, you know, lightens the mood, jokester, phenomenal stuff, went through some injuries and whatnot. So having a chance to see someone who's had a long career win a World Series with you and being able to share that ring with him is pretty special.
Speaker 2: So he did a lot of things behind the scenes during the postseason. From what I understand, throwing live BPS that goes a long way, I would imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, he's he was no one's more frustrated than he was with having to go through those injuries. You know, he is to compete. We all work our whole careers to be at a point like this, and so from that point on, you know, you try to figure out a way to be involved in and he is. He was. I don't think there's anybody else who helped Boosom moralemore than he did from just keeping the guy's light when things were hard. And you know, it's also not easy from his standpoint to try to stay involved when you know you're not throwing. And so Kirby's, you know, just such a special dude. So we're we were honored to do that. And I'm hopefully going to be in contact with that guy the rest of my life from from you know, from from Afar. I don't know how many more years we both have in this game. So it's kind of cool to see a couple of guys still doing it.
Speaker 2: Blake, thanks a lot for the time. You've had a tremendous career, and just like the great Frank Stallone saying once you're far from over, thanks all right, there he goes Blake trying you want to show the hair.
Speaker 1: No, Dave, that's for you, Okay, made for the TV.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Blake, send it back to you.