Speaker 1: Smoke.
Speaker 2: Joe in the Morning show, cav is back this morning. Oh what was that? No, I'm excited, so listen. I'm gonna get to the topic because we'd have no time for your guys. Just shenanigans. Cavin, you found out that his son was being a little sneaky, Yeah, and hiding something from his mom.
Speaker 3: Yes, I didn't know that Josiah had this in him, but he does.
Speaker 1: Bus And so.
Speaker 3: I was at Joe's house peaking up from school. Went over there, chilled out, relaxed. Josiah starts to do his homework. He's like, oh, Dad, I got my math test back. And Josiah is very hard on himself, and he got a grade that was less than what he hoped for. Is under his standards, and it required apparent signature.
Speaker 1: So we reviewed it.
Speaker 3: It was like one of those like five or six question quizes, so if you get too wrong, you know it's over.
Speaker 1: Basically, So he's like, here's what.
Speaker 3: I did wrong. Here is what I know. Now, here's what I got to figure out. You know that I still don't understand it. Yeah, sood already better?
Speaker 1: I signed it? Boom boom.
Speaker 3: Esiah's mom comes home maybe about A half an hour later, he's in his room doing some stuff.
Speaker 1: I go talk to her.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, this is you know what happened at school? This is just I had a quiz. She's like okay, cool. Hours so goes by. I get ready to leave, get in the car, backing out of the driveway, Josiah runs to the front door.
Speaker 1: He's like wait, wait, wait, like what's going on?
Speaker 3: He grunts it back inside, puts on his jacket, his little boost or whatever. Comes outside with the test. He's like, I need you to sign this. I'm like, why don't you just ask your mom? He was like no, no, no, I want you to do it.
Speaker 1: And my mom. I'm like, he loves me.
Speaker 3: We've had this whole conversation. He wants it to be my signature. I'm like, no problem, Joe, take the pen, do the thing.
Speaker 4: Da da.
Speaker 3: Ten minutes later, his mom calls me. She's like, did you just how give you a test? A sign I'm like, yeah, why didn't you asked him to have me signed? I was like, I did ask him, don't know why. She said that, sneaky little boy. I asked him why. He said he didn't want me to see the test. She asked him, why did you run outside? He's like, I wanted my dad to sign his paper. What paper is it? It's a test? Let me see the test. She starts to grill him. He didn't want her to see the grade because quote unquote to him, I'm the cool apparent.
Speaker 1: And she trips too hard, she would have got supermass.
Speaker 3: I was like, whoa, Josiah's at this stage where he's choosing what he'll show his parents, and.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a Cooper show.
Speaker 2: I think that every kid has the one parent that they know they can get away with something with and the other parents that they know they can't. Yeah, and I would love to know from uh, you know you growing up and stuff as a when you were a kid, what was the thing that you would always hide from the not cool parent, the strict parent, and how.
Speaker 1: Would you go about doing it? But you did?
Speaker 2: You actually rated him out though, right you. I didn't know it was like a big secret. I didn't even realize it. I didn't think Josiah was operating like that. It's jasmine more like you got to study more, or like takes away video games from him.
Speaker 1: If he's got something like that.
Speaker 3: What Joe never runs into any issues, especially with his grades, like he on the Dean's List, Like he's good, he is not a problem. But she is definitely more strict, more organized, and more focused on what he's doing and how he's spending his time.
Speaker 1: Yeah than I am. Yeah, while watching the NBA and smart he get it. Yeah, the way he approached it though, like that was awesome. I can do better. Yeah, yeah, I like.
Speaker 3: But he's still hit it from her though. That's the whole that he wasn't going to tell her about it at all.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know, even bank robbers can come up with like a smile for you too, that that whole I can do better. I can do this thing. Dad signed this thing. Don't tell mom with my smile. I'm right now, he played. See that these guys fall for stuff like that. I look at that, and I go if I was, you know, interrogating him, your.
Speaker 1: Boys ever operate like this with you?
Speaker 2: First off, I signed pieces of paper that they would hide things on top of the stuff that I was, oh, yeah, Joe is the worst at this stuff Joe would get and then eventually it became me getting frustrated that they were always coming to me with all the just the bad news that then they would start going to Chelsea and tell her not to tell me because I was getting pissed off at stuff that they would do. I didn't mind so much necessarily that they did something, they had a bad grade or whatever. I just hated the conduct stuff, you know what I mean, like, because anybody can you know, anybody can be good, you know what I mean, anybody can not be a you know, a dickhead. But but you know, studying sometimes is not everybody's forte.
Speaker 1: What's up, Anthony? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Guys's and good morning?
Speaker 6: Hey, So Kevin, my dad was more so like you. My dad was the cool dad, and more so my mother was like the strict period and essentially the same thing happened. I'm thirty five, no, so I could tell the story.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So back when I was in the seventh grade, I got a practice support with a lesson in still a grade on it. I didn't want to show my mom because she was very physically strict.
Speaker 1: I just put it that way.
Speaker 6: I got, yeah, physically strict, you know. So I'm like, okay, well I'm going over my dad house. This weekend on my grandma. I'm gonna show him, and you know he had. He came in the house. I'm like, hey, Dad, I need you to sign this for me. He's like, what is it. I'm like, get to know. I got to get back to my teacher. He's like, oh, okay, all right, no problem, and I just slid it to him. Among yeah here, just sign right here, Just sign right here. And I kept pointing at it because I didn't want to like, I didn't want him to see the grade. So I'm pointing. I'm pointing at the area he has to sign. He pulls it away from me, just looks at it and then looks back up at me and go and then just signs it. Fast forward, fast forward. I give it back to my teacher, or I give it to the teacher. She calls my mother and I was like, uh, I don't know who signed this. I'm getting this his father. So yeah, I got called you got in trouble?
Speaker 2: Uh eight four four mojo live eight four four six sixty five sixty five for eight or text if you've got something with this one and say call me and Lydia will call you.
Speaker 1: Anthony.
Speaker 2: Now that you're thirty five years old and think that you can't get punished your mama.
Speaker 1: She she should come and get you your ass.
Speaker 6: I mean she No, I'm not worried.
Speaker 1: Your You're faster than she is now. I like it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she on the cane and I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm playing this for her. Uh look that he says, she's on the cane. Yeah the ca.
Speaker 2: Uh quick question for you when you talk to like with Josiah and stuff like this with Jasmine, does Jasmine ever get mad that you don't ever, like right away say something to her like where you guys sit down as a family.
Speaker 3: This is the first time that something like this has happened. Yeah, I think more so. She was a little taken aback by that, the fact that he came to me first. Yeah, especially if it has something to do with school. You know, she's primarily there working with him and doing all the school where she wants to be the person that he comes home to.
Speaker 2: We used to have family meetings, and we would have family meetings. I would have to sit next to Chelsea and the kids would look at me the entire time. She would get really mad because she's like, I want you focused, you know, on both of us, because they'd be waiting for me just to get bored with it and go.
Speaker 1: Come on, can we on? What's up, Katie? How you doing? I'm good? How are you good?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Who is the good? Who is the the the easy parent? And who is the na so easy parent in your house?
Speaker 1: I am the easy parent. My husband is the hard one. Really, So give us an example of something.
Speaker 4: So my son is notorious for not putting his name on his paper at school, so I can see his grades, and I see that he's missing an assignment. And I get in the car and I tell him and he starts sobbing. He says, I know I did that, Mom, I know I did. And I said, I promise I won't tell your dad if you make sure that you get it tomorrow at school and you get your.
Speaker 1: Name on it. No, man, why does he not put his name on it? What? I always wondered that with kids when they don't put their name on it.
Speaker 4: He's notorious, story, he does it all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they know his writing and they're able to figure it out that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's funny. Are those real tears or he just know that?
Speaker 2: That gets you every kid knows what's up Liz.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, good morning, Good morning. My comment for the school thing was when I was in high school. I'm thirty one now, so I can't get in trouble, or maybe I can. I don't know. My mom listens to your show. But I would take parchment paper, copy her signature and then trace.
Speaker 3: It on.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you get in more trouble if she found that out than actual grade.
Speaker 5: Yes, But I mean, for the most part, I was a pretty good student. It was just like one fuf fact that was always a hard one for me, which was math, and so I would just do that, you know. But I did have a girlfriend. She would take her whole progress report card. She would upload it into Microsoft Word and she would just erase the grade and then put another grade.
Speaker 2: Say you can't do that now because everything's online, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, exactly. Let's have a good morning.
Speaker 1: Should take to yourself.
Speaker 2: Twenty one year old Texter Noah says, I go to Oakland University and my parents still haven't seen my grades from last semester. I failed two classes. I like that hiding it from both of your parents. Shane, what's going on, hey, Mojo, How are you doing good?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 8: Hey, So it's kind of a different situation, but just hiding stuff from my mom. I'm thirty one. So we recently went on a vacation over the summer in Branson. They live in Texas, and I have three little brothers and I got the eldest when he's sixteen, stuper drunk on vacationation to where like he went and hid in their closet and like was like yelling at them like I'm not like drunk driving or nothing like that. And it was a very bad situation.
Speaker 1: You got your sixteen year old brother drunk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we and I think it was two pints of cosamigos about two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: Life is good when you're the little brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, having a brother like you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't get to be My brother wasn't like that. So it's like I want to be the brother you know that I didn't have, even though it was.
Speaker 1: Bad, but it was good. Oh my god, that's funny. What's up, Tina? How you doing?
Speaker 7: Hello? How are you good?
Speaker 1: Tina? Tina, you're the more strict parent.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm the more strict parent. Like, well, my kids if they have bad great and I'm looking at a great like okay, what happened here? Like how can we do better? I'll call they dead and he'd be like, oh, it's okay, Like it's cool. They it's it's gonna get better. They growing up. And I'm like, oh my god, like you are no help, Like I'm just I just deal with it on my own because I'm like, you know what, I.
Speaker 6: Can't deal with this.
Speaker 2: My wife Chelsea used to say she felt like a single parent once in a while.
Speaker 1: You ever feel like a single parent.
Speaker 7: Yes, I feel like a single parent. Yes, And it's so crazy because I'm the baby of four, so I didn't. I learned from day mistakes when they got in trouble with school, like I was the good child.
Speaker 1: What's your husband's name?
Speaker 7: No, they it's just my kids father.
Speaker 1: Just know what's his name?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: His name Carleton.
Speaker 1: Carlton's a Disney.
Speaker 7: Dad, right, exactly, fun dad, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, although Carlton's kind of fun. Give me fund all right, take care of yourself to that.
Speaker 7: Thank you, having good day everyone,