Speaker 1: And you got that right.
Speaker 2: Welcome back back to your morning show. So many of you out there about to head out for spring break. My Abi Dab is down in Florida having a good time as we speak. As we get into the news.
Speaker 3: This is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 2: How would you feel if you were on a flight.
Speaker 1: And this happened?
Speaker 2: A Southwest flight I believe from Nashville to Florid.
Speaker 1: H I think I was.
Speaker 2: Boarded by police officers with guns pulled and ready to go. All the passengers told put their heads down in their hands up. A gentleman was taking off the plane. Question found to not have been a threat. Apparently one of the other passengers was reading texts over his shoulder and saw something that concerned her.
Speaker 1: Hm hm, that's all right, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like with you, Corey, when then when there's mechanical issues, are.
Speaker 1: Like, that's fine, Yeah, a little inconvenience.
Speaker 4: But I'd rather be on a safe plane than like a plane that's gonna have problems in the air.
Speaker 1: If you see something, say something, I guess in this day and age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm super curious what she saw though, But otherwise correct if you if you think something suspicious, you got to say something. It's better than getting on a flight that potentially has a bomb on it or whatever.
Speaker 1: Empting so much. Can we just tell you once? We don't need to.
Speaker 4: Just I think there's walking down the aisle just making sure that they're okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the I think that must be the policy of the the flight attendants to do that. They start the chance so you know exactly what you're supposed to do so nobody gets shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean the video that I saw, everybody has their hands on the back of the seat in front of them, just up in the air.
Speaker 6: Like yes, I put my head down, my a up spirit and I did it wrong. Well, they started playing two live crew didn't do it.
Speaker 1: I started shaking my just downward dogging.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, stand up dog is fun too.
Speaker 1: I was. I was happy baby in it. If you guys can picture what that is.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of it right now. I'm not the only ones I can't even talk.
Speaker 1: You say it again. I was in the happy baby post the whole time on the plane. Yeah, this time in a husky voice. Oh oh my god, jeepers out of him. I thought, that's what they meant.
Speaker 3: How do you get that in a air blind seat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How the hell do you do that? It must be at least in comfortably. Plus it's called stretching, zach O. Man, wow, so you're bendy.
Speaker 5: So if the threat was not real, right, So she saw the wrong thing or she saw something that she misunderstood.
Speaker 1: What what did she see?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't find it anywhere and I've looked, trust me.
Speaker 5: Because that's the thing is think of that line, because think of how terrified she made the entire flight, because she gambled and said, I.
Speaker 1: Think this is suspicious, which again I'm with you, Ben, If.
Speaker 5: You think it's suspicious, if something's wrong, you gotta say something. But man, what did she see? Well, you know, she profiled the guy.
Speaker 1: That's probably a good guess as well, that guy.
Speaker 7: Yeahs could you imagine if that was you and you're just like texting a buddy, Oh man, great weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah we killed it, and then all of a sudden, oh my god, yeah yeah it's this match? Was the bomb?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 1: Sir? What were you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm just sitting there and stupid ass Dove said, text me your three favorite rage against the machine songs. And the first one I said was calm like a bomb. And the next thing I know, the spirit gals are saying, face down, ass up.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on. There was this news story a few years ago in Kansas. I got audio here if you can hear it.
Speaker 8: Comments for customers at a Kansas home depot. Police responded to reports of a bomb threat at the store in Wichita. A customer alerted employees a man inside the bathroom said there was a bomb in the building. Police were able to locate the man responsible for those comments, and that man told police he warned other guests to leave the restroom because he was quote fixing to.
Speaker 1: Blow it up.
Speaker 8: But I managed to cause they're also others.
Speaker 1: In the room.
Speaker 8: Lap understanding his joke which I'm just not getting, says they will not be pressing charges.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you where now. You asked the producer for me to read you. Some guys just laugh. That's some police tape disaster.
Speaker 2: When I'm done, that lady sounds like she was five times asleep as she started that sentence that story. By the end of it, she's like finally figuring it out.
Speaker 9: Fixing to blowing out fixing the dance well, and the funny thing from that clip it goes on and the next story is like kind of a sad story that the other anchor has to like he's still laughing from the previous one.
Speaker 1: Transition is not easy, No, but he's blind anyway.
Speaker 2: A woman fired several shots at into the Beverly Hills area home of pop star Rihanna on Sunday and around penetrated a wall of the mansion. Law enforcement said police responded to a report of the shooting and went twenty one pm, right in the middle of the day Sunday in Beverly Hills. Thirty year old female suspect was taken into custody. Pop star was home. According to police, the suspect fired multiple rounds from inside her vehicle towards the celebrities home. I believe it was an AK forty seven. No idea why she did? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, don't do that to re read. Yeah, and she's got some bangers she did, Yeah she does. Umbrella is still the best, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's good. Diamond, Yeah she's a diamond. Certainly she's probably diamonds spades. Yeah, hearts.
Speaker 1: I bet you would stop the.
Speaker 2: Bullet the diamond.
Speaker 5: Wow, if somebody had just shot a bunch of bullets in the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where would it be.
Speaker 10: Good for Rihanna to stand under her umbrellabrellabrella?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Urse, she's gonna have a halo.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. No, you didn't whatever? Back to you must? Okay? The spring forward? It's really messing with him.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Is it really that much of a deal for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just a yeah, okay, Yeah, he's just that's brain.
Speaker 2: Timothe Shallabey grew up in an artistic home.
Speaker 1: Why was that so funny? I think, Sauce thought? He said autistic? Yeah, and I'm not laughing at autism. I'm not.
Speaker 2: But I can hear the I could hear your sphinter clinch again.
Speaker 5: It makes a lot of noise, it doesn't it's like a cow bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you really need some water. Sauce grew up in a artistic home. You sure did? What else? We all had pig guy all the time. Anyway? What about Sharlo May? What happened? His mother and sister both studied ballet.
Speaker 2: He'd have an appreciation you'd think about an interview with Matthew McConaughey Timothy shallow May a lot of Hay said, I don't want to be working in ballet or opera things where it's like, hey, keep this thing alive, even though no one cares about it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said, nobody cares about opera.
Speaker 2: He's catching hell for it. Come on, tim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tim.
Speaker 5: I saw some of that interview where shallow May and McConaughey are on the stage kind of interviewing each other, and the one clip that on semi viral was also McConaughey admitting that he has never seen any of his movies more than.
Speaker 2: Once, any of Timothy's his own, his own, really. Yeah.
Speaker 5: They're both in Interstellar and Interstellar is one of the best movies in the last twenty five years.
Speaker 1: He's like, come on, man, you've never seen it more than once, and he's like, nop. Once, Timothy's said, you're Interstellar. You've seen Interstellar once and he's like yeah once. And Timothy's like, I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: Do you hear what he said? No, He's seen Revenge of the Nerds thirty seven times.
Speaker 1: So he gets it. Yeah, he gets it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, all right, Robert, like three or four really busty women wearing helga horns being so upset about the opera.
Speaker 1: This yeah, yeah, well hawks on their side.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 1: You had me at horns?
Speaker 4: Would you guys watch? Would you guys watch your stuff? Though more than once? Do you listen to your own show?
Speaker 1: But yeah? Do you listen to your own showback? God?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, watch your own show?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: When it's in the cats in the Can? It would be weird to be like, hey, do you guys want to watch Dazed and Confused?
Speaker 4: For men?
Speaker 1: Look, no, Dad, we don't want to watch this again. I guess.
Speaker 5: The only part that intrigues me is if you work on a movie for six months or nine months or a year and it's it's the old school long form shooting. I can't imagine just seeing it be at the premiere and going, well, all right, that's enough, Like I would really be cure.
Speaker 1: I would I don't know. I think I would want to watch since I saw the magic being made.
Speaker 5: I would want to see every scene again and look for the details and know that that guy did this and that gal did this, And I don't know, I think I would kind of like self scout, but.
Speaker 1: You're already moving on to the next project. Yeah, so you're gonna go and spend more months on a.
Speaker 5: Different I'm not saying McConaughey sits on his couch and goes like, why don't you guys do come over and we'll watch Interstellar.
Speaker 1: I don't think he does that. That's psychotic. Dad, you like the house, right right? All right, all right, we'll watching it again? And that would be weird. I feel like, I do you want to watch Dad in all my movies? That's weird.
Speaker 5: But I get the whole idea of just like self scouting. That part makes sense to me. Did I do a good job? What did I like about this scene? What did I not like about this scene? Take that to the next film.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That movie's fantastic. It's so freaking good.
Speaker 4: I think I'd definitely be a one a one time watcher of any movie that I was in NFL was a movie star like that. There's actually a lot of movie stars.
Speaker 1: I admit, they don't watch it at all. Yeah, yeah, they don't.
Speaker 4: They can't stand the idea of sitting down to watch themselves perform.
Speaker 1: Hawk.
Speaker 10: How much did you love the two thousand and one movie The Wedding Planner with Matthew mcconne.
Speaker 2: So, you know what, that's a pretty good film. Actually, let's got that. Let's got that one lady in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's pretty How.
Speaker 5: About Interstellar on mister Z's favorite website seventy three?
Speaker 1: It's so much better than that.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's just trying to get mister Z hard right now, try that website.
Speaker 3: A Rotten Tomatoes score on The Wedding Planner is what one seventeen percent?
Speaker 1: People don't get good films anymore. Hawk loves it. It's a fun watch. It's a fun one.
Speaker 3: These friend well, Judy Greer is in it. But the audience reviews are better. It's at fifty nine percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah like that.
Speaker 3: Like Esther said, rewatching this movie made me regret the hour and minutes I wasted watching this trash movie.
Speaker 1: Oh movie is just straight up? Or oh yes, that's.
Speaker 2: Take a shower and relax.
Speaker 1: I can't say you're not raising your hand right now? He would. He's bagging plenty of Ester's.
Speaker 2: Yeah I don't think I have, but the days young.
Speaker 5: Seven six, Yeah, start cranking away, relaxed, brother. Okay, So also do sports after this. This is the power trip on Kafan's Bracket challenge has returned. Head to our contest page and locking your bracket today. A perfect bracket could land you one million dollars. Don't delay, get yours now at KFE dot com. Keyword contest driven by Dave Smith Motors, America's only national car dealer.
Speaker 1: Brackets for what.
Speaker 2: Mar madness?
Speaker 1: Yeah, selection Sunday on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I can't put my bracket in yet. I don't nose planned it.
Speaker 3: Head to our contest page and lock in your bracket. I guess uh Sunday, all right, I'll uh, I'll let the beautiful people on the other side of the building. Now up, bet puppy, I've.
Speaker 2: Got Butler versus North had a big community college in the final four.
Speaker 6: You don't know food.
Speaker 5: Saw if sauce, if every game was equal? Yeah, every game in the NCAA tournament was a fifty to fifty chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What are the odds of picking a bracket perfectly? Well, that's a good question, because you can.
Speaker 5: Get a million bucks if you pick it to perfectly, like one in three hundred million, one in nine point two quinn tillionnillion.
Speaker 1: They quote a knowledgeable.
Speaker 5: Bracket, which is not coin flips, right, is more like one in one hundred and twenty billion with a B. That's a lot of commas, but it's a free roll. Yeah, good luck to you, good luck, super fun. Nine point two quin tillion.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. But don't you fill them out? And then you just don't pay attention at all?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: That no, Becky in counting one.
Speaker 5: Well, if there's money in the line, you got to pay attention. Pull your hands out, Becky counting. We don't have an accounting department.
Speaker 1: What happened to that? Nope, nope, no, no, yeah, no, don't start a Monday like this. Let's selet's wait until tomorrow. Is bonus back tomorrow? No? Next?
Speaker 5: Oh god, all right, then we'll just pitch tomorrow by ourselves. He's still in Florida, Still in Florida.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 4: So I do with the World Baseball Classic. And by the way, where is that being played? Is that here in the States?
Speaker 3: All over the world, there's I think in Japan as well.
Speaker 1: I like World Baseball New Better.
Speaker 3: Miami, Houston, Japan and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Ben nice, Okay, okay, you love the Tokyo dumb and remind you where you used to play football?
Speaker 1: Thanks Steven right, yeah, my god, my god, you remember, and gain my dogs not remover. It's a lot like the Metro Dome. It was modeled after the Metro Dome. You guys remember the Metrodome. Yeah, yeah, yeah, barely du Yeah, but it was our dums. It was our dumb.
Speaker 5: It was sweet because it was I agree, But man, when you go to the concourse, you didn't even know there was a football or baseball game going on. That was such a weird bit though you were basically walking through the tunnels of the Pentagon. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was the actually, as somebody who has walked through the tunnels of the Pentagon, General Johnson, Gerald Johnson, John, General Johnson, everybody, it is actually really simpling.
Speaker 1: And I think about it, of course.
Speaker 5: Although I don't think they have pretzels and popcorn and peanuts.
Speaker 1: They do Pagon dogs. Yeah, they got they got a dunkin Donuts in a subway. Is judge Wapener you at the food court? I don't think he's you think you think fogel ever ate at the subway at the Pentagon. You need not a great judge of character. He seemed like that was wrong.
Speaker 5: You see lovely, he was the opposite. Doesn't he get out in a handful of years?
Speaker 1: Jesus, who knows what? Who cares? Hopefully not we? Who cares? He's gonna be out walking the streets? What do you guys? Pen Pounds.
Speaker 5: His first interview. I don't want him to get out. He should spend the rest of his life in jail.
Speaker 1: What don't you be killed? Yeah, it's time for.
Speaker 2: A fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around.
Speaker 1: But you're Zimbra Deech deck building contractor breaking news? Whoa more breaking news? The Miami Dolphins, I please have your attention. Are releasing to a uh talk about a low anyway? How do you know how to say? He's been playing for like a decade.
Speaker 10: Miami will take on an NFL record ninety nine million in dead money split over two years.
Speaker 1: Not a problem by own, not a problem? What do you dooop? Fixed? Yep, not a problem. Miami will figure it out.
Speaker 10: He's uh destined as a post June one ye whatever, yeah, post whatever?
Speaker 1: That's anna yeah, fixed ninety nine million in dead money? Just to how much you hate somebody or just out. Yeah, we'll take good for two of man. Yeah. Yeah, where is he going now?
Speaker 2: I hope he goes home that poor kid man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know the Jets, would you would you take man? I know that's the thing. I guess last sercussion was horrible looking man.
Speaker 3: Actually, with his concussions, why not just take the ninety nine mil and go do something else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I would say too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean it's hard.
Speaker 1: He likes to play ball. Though, he likes to play ball. Well, it's kind of like Kyler though.
Speaker 4: I mean, whatever team picks him up, sign him to a veteran minimum deal for one point three one point five and be like, hey, we'll take a flyer on the fact that he can he can still spin it as long as he can see straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to win it. Yeah.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be interesting because some of these guys now to a ken because he's been cut. But some of these guys can sign. At eleven o'clock today, that tampering bit starts. A lot of these big names are gonna come off the board in about three and a half hour.
Speaker 1: So is the report hold on?
Speaker 4: So is the report that he got released or is getting released because I don't think the releases are official until Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but how about this.
Speaker 10: Tom Pilliser over the weekend said, if a team releases like a hey, thanks for everything to a video, then he is technically can uh.
Speaker 1: Negotiate with other teams. It's like a new rule they came up with. But they have to do a sizzle reel. I guess, yeah, yeah, yeah, there's gotta be a real farewell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, yeah, but I guess it's I guess it's probably the same thing as the tampering stuff. It's just not official until Wednesday. Yeah, Wednesday, but they can start talking. Yeah, here is a Chris Hockey welcome video film. Are they technically signed to the new team?
Speaker 1: They have to go to that team? Yeah? And I get paid big manya okay uh. The Vikings and linebacker Eric Wilson.
Speaker 5: Have agreed on a three year two or let me start over man the Vikings if Eric Wilson have agreed to terms on a three year, twenty two point five million dollar deal, let's go. He will get twelve and a half million fully guaranteed.
Speaker 1: We like that.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 8: We love that.
Speaker 1: We love that.
Speaker 4: Love it, love it, love it obviously a big question mark coming into the off season. What we're gonna do with a guy that absolutely deserved some sort of contract for the way that he played in the system. And now that Flores is back, it makes sense that why not bring back one of the best defensive players that we had last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his flexibility is awesome, Jacks just doing everything.
Speaker 2: You know, it's flexible. His damn shirt sleeves because those arms.
Speaker 4: I have a bit it would be weird. It's odd how much we've talked about his face.
Speaker 1: No, but it can't help him.
Speaker 4: It's like Danil Hunter and Eric Wilson of the two bodies of like they were literally chiseled out of granite.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, unreal. Yeah, gosh, working out sucks though. Yeah.
Speaker 10: The Baltimore Ravens traded a twenty twenty six and a twenty twenty seven first round pick to the Raiders for Max Crosby.
Speaker 1: So this is the one thing that I'm not sure I understand.
Speaker 4: I obviously don't have the full story, but it sounds like the Cowboys had a very similar but.
Speaker 10: They only wanted to include a second round pick next year. They wouldn't give up. They wouldn't do two first. They wouldn't do two first.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The thing is though, yeah, I mean the two first obviously is much sweeter deal. But if you feel like the Ravens are gonna have like a high twenties pick, yeah, do you feel the same way about the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't remember who the who the head coaches for Baltimore?
Speaker 1: Now, oh yeah, who is it? Jesse Mintter? Oh yeah, they're old defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And by the way, this impacts us a little bit.
Speaker 5: And by us, I mean the Vikings, because now the hot rumor is is that the Cowboys, since they missed out on Max Crosby, now they are potentially targeting Jonathan Grenard.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Are the Eagles. I guess they're also talking about trading Jalen Carter. And I guess the Eagles have at least inquired about Jonathan Grenard.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 10: Why did they want to trade him? Because he's kind of a pain in the butt. It's possible. Who is possible Jalen Carter? Because I'd take him. He's a stud. He's a stud.
Speaker 4: But there's obviously a reason why the former world champions don't want this stud and they like, what is the Yeah, what is the red flag here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think you could get a late first round pick for Grenard. I think somebody like Seattle or even the Eagles would give you a first round pick for him.
Speaker 1: I think so too. Yeah, he's that good. I mean they might not like sweeten it with.
Speaker 4: A bigger compensation package than that, but I would take a first single first round pick for him.
Speaker 1: Yea. How amazing is that? Though? When he came here, he and Van Kinkle like, we were all like, we don't really know that much. I never heard of him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now all of a sudden, I mean, you got most of the NFL would love to have the guy.
Speaker 1: Yep, good for him, Zach go.
Speaker 10: The Wild lost in a shootout yesterday three two to the Aves. McKinnon scored the game winner for the Avalanche The Wild Battle of the Mammoth tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird afternoon? Why did I write tonight? Very slow start to that one for the while. But they found their game and we're leading the third. Avs tied it and forced an overtime, then a shootout. But hey, then top team in the league and you're on the road and you still get a point. You'll take that any day of the week. So Big one tomorrow back at home, starts a home stretch here where they got to get some points because I mean, this is it, boys. We have what a month and a half left of the season, maybe even less, so I got to get to the points where you can, especially when you're at the friendly confines of the Grand Casino Arena. Will be on the radio at six forty five tomorrow, joined Wilson.
Speaker 7: What a weekend of hockey? Yeah, I mean seriously, all shootouts. I mean, it was the state high school hockey tournament. That's the best Saturday I think I've ever seen with both Class A and Class two A.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fund grants to the Warriors and the Spuds.
Speaker 1: Spuds the Wolves battle to Lakers. What are you laughing out over there? Would you just read?
Speaker 2: I just read a terribly sad story. But the last line, this just proves I'm not a good man?
Speaker 1: All right? Share with the class. Are we all going to be terrible people for laughing at this too?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys will laugh Maybe you're not as bad as I am.
Speaker 7: Can you read just the last line that makes you giggle, and then we kind of figure out. I'll tell you a story.
Speaker 2: I'm going to leave some details out. This lady had her kids signed these documents when they turned eighteen, and they just signed hm, because it's her mommy, you know.
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 2: A few years later, both the kids started getting letters in the mail sands time to pay back your student debt, and neither one of them had gone to college. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Oh no.
Speaker 1: And then and one day.
Speaker 2: They confronted their mom Ta confront of their mom in the kitchen, and mom stood up and said, well the jig is up, and left and never talked to her family again. She literally stood up and said, I left the house. My god, I never spoke to the beginning.
Speaker 1: She's an actress. I'll do it. Hands off up that ace. Do you know who I.
Speaker 4: Picture in that moment is Ma for Telly. That's the type of woman I feel like would just stand up.
Speaker 2: Yep, man, this is it was gonna come.
Speaker 11: What a small show. So anyway, so they didn't say what she used the money for. No, I'm gonna guess I know, yeah, gambled probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scratch that ish yeah, gosh.
Speaker 5: So she didn't turn their college funds into lifetime supply of chocolate.
Speaker 1: Nope, didn't work out for she loves gambling.
Speaker 2: Man who doesn't never saw her again.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: The Texans and guard ed Ingram agreed to a three year, thirty seven and a half million dollars year. Fred he played real well last year was terrible with us.
Speaker 1: Terrible. Yeah, so he figured it out. Good for him. Wonder why it's not good here?
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is? Ben?
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's scheme and sometimes it's just flat out maturity. I mean, he just probably grew into his adult body.
Speaker 2: Finally, I don't know, stood up from the tables.
Speaker 1: With that good luck YEP shows Blackjack came and be taking over for me. Good luck. I'm gonna go on.
Speaker 5: By the way, this is insane, but I'm gonna ask I would I would love if Power Trip listeners today would film themselves sitting down a nice family dinner tonight, and in the middle of dinner, for absolutely no reason, just stand up and go, well the jig is up, and.
Speaker 1: Watch straight out the door.
Speaker 5: But then leave your phone to record it and then send it to the power to a morning show. Your family's reactions never return, just leave for like thirty minutes. Yeah, and don't answer their text now get to their call.
Speaker 1: Just where did dad go? What the hell the jig is up? Yeah, it's over. No explanation. That's a good bit. It's fun.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I wonder what she did.
Speaker 5: Hopefully it's nothing the farious. Hopefully it is something like gambling her drugs. I hope it's not something horrific drug you.
Speaker 1: Know, something else. Yeah, you know, let's not do like human trafficking or something.
Speaker 2: Right, she donated the charity, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's the same.
Speaker 5: The Vikings are in the news at a big weekend, lots of things to discuss, Vikings related with Ben Leeber and Michael J.
Speaker 1: Monsmon after this, I'm a bit in it.
Speaker 3: Join the Meat, Sauce and Miller Lite at Wild Boar and Hopkins this Thursday from five to seven. Stop by for drink specials, games and to register for a chance to win a spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament. Get the full details now at cafe dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 1: Hey sweet Saucy, Yes babe, will you roll in there?
Speaker 2: Get there, lawl and go over. Say hi to oak over at the record store.
Speaker 1: Oh sweet. I will for sure that place is awesome.
Speaker 2: I love Hopkins, man, Yeah, it'd be sweet too. U to live in Hopkins walk around all those bars and eat those restaurants.
Speaker 1: Nobody's stopping you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I'd rather live in Key Wes first, I guess, but then Hopkins a second.
Speaker 1: It's the hell of a list. What happened to you going to Florida? Hey?
Speaker 2: Were you writing a book?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, take the Kunan and trail just like Bonus. Did you know what jig is up? Just tell Yeah, he says, I'm just gonna do that sometime in the next.
Speaker 2: Hour and a half he did, just like in sex, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Is it better if you grab your plate of food and still walk out?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I get better because you don't know when you're going.
Speaker 4: You don't know what you're gonna eat again, you know, take the free meal. I'm not even just saying with a mouthful of food, well.
Speaker 1: Gotta go bread and chicken, drummy, and just walk out.
Speaker 2: I think he was having a stroke when he left.
Speaker 5: Okay, the way how gret would be if you have a buddy that's like a cop and like you just said, hey, I'm gonna leave. Ten minutes after I leave, just knock on the door and says, your husband home.
Speaker 10: Yeah, brilliant, Yeah, yeah, that'd be the best. PA's buddy swing by No, he just said that was up when we left. I don't even left his phone.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know where he's going. He's time for.
Speaker 5: Fighting, he cut us on the mister presented behind Joe Yes, Red Joe Yes.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go through the headlines Ben.
Speaker 5: When it comes to the Minnesota Vikings, center Ryan Kelly announced his retirement over the weekend. One season with the vikesh just layered with concussions, a couple of them in twenty twenty five, a handful in his career before that apparently as well. So Jurigens and Brandell basically started all the games that Kelly missed, so hell of a career man. And again, it just sucks because we never really got to see what he could have done with this group or with this team. Just basically played I don't know what it was, seven, eight or nine games. It was like half the season. Yeah, if that might be less than that, I mean, yeah, it's super unfortunate. I mean it seemed like at the time that we signed him, he and Will Fries, It's like, well, we're good, We're set for the next couple of years with their offensive line. Then all of a sudden, everything just quickly crumbled. I mean, part of that was the whole derisol thing not being back when they thought he's gonna be back, and a whole bunch of shuffling going around.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's unfortunate, you know, cut his career short.
Speaker 4: But everything that I've heard is, and I will only around just a little bit, was you know, great guy would have been a great locker room guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Feel like they had like one game that they all played together. I think there was only one game. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's been crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anybody would know this. Maybe it's the kind of thing we don't know. But is that a situation like with your knee, Like, if you know guy's got a bad knee, you know there's a chance on neill go bad again. If Guy's got like a history of concussions, is he more likely to get another concussion?
Speaker 1: Is that a stupid question?
Speaker 4: No, that's what they say, though they do say you know when you get when you start getting concussions, the likelihood of you getting another one is significantly higher if you've never had any, and so I think I think it does compound with every severe concussion that you have after that.
Speaker 1: That sucks. Man. Yeah, and this is would be the largest uh what is it the gladiator helmets? Is that what they call him? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's a different thing, the biggest one I've seen in the NFL.
Speaker 1: They take our lives.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing is there's no there's no research to actually say those guardian helmets actually work. So a lot of it I think it's just for optics and make you feel better as a player to go go back out there. But that's the same thing for Tua. I mean, yeah, you know he's going to be super cheap for some team, but you know, he takes one blindside hit or he scrambles and tries to pick up extra yards somewhere and falls and hits his head, it's like, well he's out, you know, So you can probably bring him on the team, but you better have a really, really good backup because he's probably going to be playing a lot of games.
Speaker 2: Can I ask him one more question real quick? While we're talking about suff like this. What is the vagus nerve?
Speaker 1: That's the bit that I stay with? What is this a bit that makes me black out all the time? Past us out right? Yeah, the vegas nerve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting I'm reading about it all the time. Now suddenly, does it have something to do with concussions or something like that?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think the vegas nerve is more of like the connection between like your your brain and your gut.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, that makes sense for you to right, I want.
Speaker 1: To gamble more, I think as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, way, so the time, the time that I collapsed here and then went to the hospital, that's what that's their best They don't know for sure. They just said their best guess is that I have an unbelievably sensitive one because again, small amounts of pain forty seconds later will make me drop like a rock. Yeah, it makes no sense, but it basically it feels like that little nerve gets triggered and then it just says, well, shut it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's like my body's like it just says, yeah, well it's weird. I don't I don't.
Speaker 5: I should know more about it, because again I've had multiple now doctors guess that that's what's going on with me, but I don't. They've never explained what triggers it. Maybe they're guessing as well. Maybe they don't know exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like hitting the funny bone in your elbow the off switch.
Speaker 1: And then somebody hits the off switch and then it all falls about. It sucks.
Speaker 5: It hasn't happened in a long time, though, it hasn't hasn't happened to me what.
Speaker 2: I started burying him? Wow, you woke up halfway through the brain.
Speaker 1: You're like, ah, damn it.
Speaker 5: That was the morning after the thirty five debut bridge collapse, so this this would make sense.
Speaker 1: Sure, hasn't happened to you yet.
Speaker 10: Go on.
Speaker 1: So it regulates heart rate. There you go. So if you if you're like fight or flight, it'll just shut it down.
Speaker 4: Shut it down. Controls your digestion. It's the main communication between the gut and the brain connection. Controls your breathing, It manages the rest and digest response. So basically, it carries since sensory information to the brain, including blood pressure, fullness, systemic inflammation, and organ status.
Speaker 2: Wow, crazy man, crazy, Yeah, I don't know why I keep getting it like on my feed telling me stories about the vegus nerve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you've pagus is Vegas? Is it just auto correct vegas nerve.
Speaker 2: The vegas nerves? Why I'm gonna leave my family?
Speaker 1: Algarithm Vegas or Vegas.
Speaker 5: I just can't believe Chris types in v A G and it auto fills vegas correct.
Speaker 1: Must be a new phone. The Vikings restructured T J.
Speaker 5: Hockinson's contract, creating five more million in cap space.
Speaker 1: Beat boo boop fixed Uh ben Uh.
Speaker 5: This honestly surprises all of us, though I know we talked to you a lot about Howkinson late in the year and then after this season that it just looked like he was the most obvious cap casualty. Right that he's getting older, they like Josh Oliver. Maybe they think Josh Oliver could be a more dynamic pass catcher. Maybe maybe not now because the kid had a free combot or combine, but maybe they find a dynamic tight end in the draft.
Speaker 1: It just looked like.
Speaker 5: Hockinson's time with the Vikings was over. Instead they restructure it and he's coming back.
Speaker 1: Likely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually when we were talking about this, a couple of months ago, I was like, well, I think if you look at just the way that the salary cap is the way for us, you know, to get below that was like, well, that's a kind of an obvious obvious, an obvious one. Just because of production and his high cap value, I thought that he would be you know, kind of first on the list. And this leads me to believe that in conjunction with C. J. Hamm retiring, you know, we made we found a spot for him with a with a fullback in this system, and not to say that there wouldn't be a fullback type, you know, a fullback ish player. It makes me think that we're going to be much more of a twelve personnel base going forward, that we're going to keep a pass catching tight end, and whether it's Josh Oliver or one of these young guys that we have or somebody else, you know, maybe maybe this wide receiver situation that we're looking at is not necessarily going to be filled by a wide receiver, but maybe by more of a pass catching tight end. And then we have more of a h back that can play a little full back but not have a true full back. And so I'm thinking that maybe the theory going forward is we're going to run it back with Hawkinson. He's gonna be much more healthy after you know, kind of using this last year as a as a knee recovery year, you know, hopefully that explosion can come back. And then do we just pair him up with more of a true pass catching tight end and then use Josh Oliver you know, in spots in thirteen personnel and otherwise maybe he's like a full back type guy.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's what we look like going forward, you know, going off last season and everything.
Speaker 7: Honestly, as you look back at it, I'm like, I didn't really feel like there was a huge impact that he had with this offense.
Speaker 1: But he has hit fifty one receptions. He's number two in receptions for the team last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's just the number of yards production though it's not necessarily the number of targets he got, because you do have to remember that, you know, we were breaking in multiple quarterbacks last year and a lot of new quarterbacks. Best friend is the easy checkdown, you know, whether it's running backs or tight ends, and you know he was doing a lot of chip and release, which is probably not you know, I'm sure he's not super happy about that, but because of our offensive line situation, he did have to stay in the core a little bit and chip guys and then and then go out for routes, and so he was there for some checkdowns. I think it's just the run after catch, it's the it seems like the lack of true separation on some of his routes. That's at least what I thought. They clearly see a guy that's going to be ultra productive going on the next year, enough to keep him around in.
Speaker 1: Restructure NFL news.
Speaker 5: But tell me if it's in any way relates to the Viking situation, or if it's just completely separate, that's fine. Rams and cornerback Trent McDuffie four years, one hundred and twenty four million. That makes him the highest paid cornerback in NFL history. He is twenty five years old, one hundred million dollars guaranteed. A Sauce Gardner is second at thirty point one million a year. Derek Ston, a Stingley junior thirty, is third, entering the final year of his rookie deal. So they just locked him up. So they traded for him last week. Locked them up to a long term deal thirty one million a year for a corner, yes or no. I mean I'm probably out on that on that type of money. I still just a bigger believer in pass rushers more than corners. But look, if they feel like that's what's gonna put him at the top, then then so be it. The I think the downstream effect of that is what they're gonna the Chiefs are gonna do with Jalen Watson, who's also the other corner that they have that's a free agent. You know, I know a lot of there's been a lot of Viking fans out there looking at Jalen Watson as like a possible free agent pickup if if we were going to actually spend some money in free agency, which, as you guys believe, there's there's no reason not to because the cap is a myth according to you guys, So we can just go out and sign anybody we want. I don't think that that's gonna be a guy that they're gonna let go. I mean, you trade Duffy, you have, you have Watson available in free agency, they're going to try to bring him back.
Speaker 1: So he's probably off the market.
Speaker 4: So I guess the point is, yes, the trade happens, but there'll be one less guy available in free agency because they're probably going to sign h Watson back to something.
Speaker 2: Hey Ben, Yeah, if you I'm gonna throw four positions at you.
Speaker 1: Oh get you only get a happy baby one of them? Yeah, yeah, yes, the cradle, yes, oh you off.
Speaker 2: If you only get to spend big money on one of these positions, which one is the most to spend money on?
Speaker 1: Is most important? Spend money on?
Speaker 12: Okay, center, cornerback, defensive lineman, running back, I say, into your defensive line. Yeah, yeah, I mean that's I don't really yeah, I think that we can.
Speaker 2: Bake it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the thing. Like, I think that with that.
Speaker 4: Position, Yes, it's important to have a cornerstone guy that you can basically the whole offensive line, you know, just rides with. I think it's an important position to have. But I think, of of the ones that we are given, you're probably not going to go out and be big spenders to find this offensive lineman the center position because there are very few of them, so there is going to be a bidding war. So I don't know if you want to get into that battle. I think that you it's we are in more desperate need to find an intier defensive lineman, whether you feel like he's a true run stuffer or he can he can play a lot of different positions and be a pass rusher as well. I just I think if you look at our struggles on offense, do we struggle with cornerbacks so we just struggle with guys hitting our quarterback in the face? Yeah, you know, do we struggle with do we struggle with interior pressure where the quarterback has to move or do we struggle with like, oh, we can't throw to that one side because that's lockdown island.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I think that our offense is create enough to where we can we can figure out ways to get guys open down the field if we have time. And so our biggest, our biggest struggles are exactly what I want to be putting on a people. Is not just pressure from the outside, but pressure on the interior. Is there anybody great still available that do we know anything?
Speaker 1: I'm at Well, that's that.
Speaker 4: Is the issue, because there's there's not a lot of centers to be to be bought, and there's not a lot of younger defensive linemen to go after as well. And if there's one area that I would spend money at, like I just said, it'd be interior defensive line. So John Franklin Myers from the Broncos projected around fifteen million dollars a year, probably a little bit more because it can be a bidding war. That'd be like the one guy that I'd really want to go after, de Kwon Jones from the Bills. You could go after him. He's thirty four years old, so it's kind of like the same thing with Jonathan Allen. It's like you could probably sign him to a one year deal. It'll be a cheaper option. He could give you a veteran presence. He has some pass rushing ability, but that wouldn't be like a long term answer. And then Sebastian Joseph Day from the Tennessee Titans. He's going to be available and I feel like he's in that pay him a little bit of money. He could stick around for three year So Franklin Myers Joseph Day, three year deals. Probably a guy like Daikwon Jones like a one year deal.
Speaker 2: You know, every person you just said, I'm looking at the list of free agents. There's only a couple under thirty, and they're both twenty eight and twenty nine. There's no young defensive lineman up for grabs right now.
Speaker 1: No, there's really not. There's really not.
Speaker 4: And then you know, you look at the center position and mcgovernor already signed. He resigned with the Bills, so he's off the market. And then Tyler Linderbaum, who everybody everybody wants. I mean, he's getting to get over twenty million dollars a year. So it was like, do you want to pay we have, we have Darrisaw, we just signed Fries, we just restructured O'Neill, and then we've got it. You know, the young second year guy at left guard. Do you want to sign another high end, high price offensive lineman. I would probably say no. So there's a guy like a guy like Cad May's out of Carolina.
Speaker 2: Out of Caroline, he's only twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he he could be got for a little a little much cheaper than Linderbaum.
Speaker 2: Manh yeah, Well, now we got money to spend because of well.
Speaker 1: This be boo boop fixed sounack.
Speaker 5: So I think I think that we had to run away. Oh wait again, I know, we say this all the time. I'm so sorry just to keep bringing this up. But imagine if you just tuned in twenty seconds ago and Chris is like, well, yeah, but we can fix it and sauces off the top rope bee boop bee boop fixed, and then we move on like nothing just happened, correct, you know, And this show's weird. That's why I got to listen to all three and a half hours podcast. Otherwise this show makes no sense, zero zero sense. This show makes zero point zero zero zero.
Speaker 1: Be bubbled good talk. Yep, we got it, we got it, we got it. We're just gonna have the draft again.
Speaker 5: The fight sucked during Quasi's run with the draft, right, that's the answer to fix all these holes cheaply is draft?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, there see beet bob boom boom fixed, got it, see draft? Well, and he's a cake.
Speaker 2: Keep Eric Wilson because of his his his his abs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jalen Redman. We got to figure out a way to keep him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we can match any offer, right, yes, sir, that is gonna be curious to see what he gets offered.
Speaker 1: Unless they just work out a deal with device, we'll see him
Speaker 5: Uh Fan five and a second headlines later, more the power of dreal morning chow after this on the fand