Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the LA Todgers Audio network on the iHeartRadio app like I.
Speaker 2: Never leveled up another step?
Speaker 3: Who could do it lightly?
Speaker 4: They met another yea.
Speaker 1: Shows like the best player's ever seen.
Speaker 3: Welcome in to.
Speaker 1: A world series edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Time to finish this thing off your pregame. Look at the world champion La Todgers.
Speaker 5: Oh that show road still goes through LA.
Speaker 3: This is not an eslbition.
Speaker 2: My hotemius a position.
Speaker 3: If you want to go be king.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Valvelin instant oil change.
Speaker 2: Your fifteen minutes drive through Oil change.
Speaker 1: And by Spectrum now your host walking you up to first pitch, Golden Go. It's Tim Case.
Speaker 5: Hi everybody, and welcome into this world series edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. As your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers find themselves down oh one in this best of seven Fall Classic. Dodgers dropped the series opener last night. They look to bounce back and get out of Toronto, evening up this series at a game and piece, Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets the ball for Dave Roberts team first pitch from Rogers Center in Toronto is coming up at five h eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are going to hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts, get his thoughts before Game two, get his reaction to what happened last night and how they can bounce back tonight. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vasse, our Dodger insider, joins us throughout the hour. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. Coming up in about thirty minutes, we got your Dodgers World Series magical moment. Kirsten Watson from Sports in NLA, who you can see pre and post on TV, will join us as well in just a little bit. In just a couple of minutes, we'll check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, last night in Toronto, the Dodgers with their first real stinker of the postseason. Up until now, it has been really good for the Dodgers in the NLDS and the NLCS, and last night they dropped the series opener in Toronto, Blake Snell got the start.
Speaker 2: Snell Zilla didn't.
Speaker 5: Look like the dominant monster on the mound like we've seen in this previous three starts to this postseason. Instead, he had control issues, got hit around a little bit as the Dodgers offense gave Snell an early lead to work with. In the second, Dodgers, with some traffic on the base, bats two on one out for keyk Hernandez.
Speaker 6: The won one pitch Hernandez base hit up the middle Tioscar Hernandez gets the green light.
Speaker 2: There won't be a throw home.
Speaker 6: Kik Hernandez postseason player gives the Dodgers the first lead of the World Series.
Speaker 4: That's a big break and there are players that just really answered the bell when the brightest lights have been turned on and you don't get any brighter than the World Series.
Speaker 5: Harvey I single for keyk. Dodgers grabbed the early one to nothing lead, and then the fourth Dodgers took advantage of a pair of walks from Trey Savage, will Smith and Liver with an RBI single to write Dodgers up two to nothing.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell able to get around some.
Speaker 5: Traffic on the bass pass in the first three innings, he couldn't go. In the fourth, a leadoff single, then Dalton Varshow a two run home run to center that tied the game at two, and the six things went from bad to worse for Blake Snell. On the Dodgers first three batters reached, Snell left the game. Immit Sheen comes in single walk, single Blue Jays a five to two lead, and they weren't done. Anthony Bonda gives up a grand slam to the pitch hitter Addison barger As. The Blue Jays grabbed a nine to lead, and it got even worse. A two run home run for Alejandro kirk As. The Toronto Blue Jays scored nine runs in the sixth inning. Last Night jumped out to an eleven to two lead. The game was out of reach, but the Dodgers didn't go quietly. In the seventh, show Hey Otani.
Speaker 6: The one two pitch and o'tanis guys went high in the ear deep right field, carrying back this ball is out of here, sho Hey Oltani with a two run home run. The deficit is now seven.
Speaker 5: Two run home run from show Hey, that's the top tier play of the game brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers down eleven to four, They'd get no closer. As the Toronto Blue Jays take Game one of the World Series last night. Blake's now five plus innings, five runs, eight hits, three walks. He gets the loss. The Dodgers bullpen reared its ugly head. Sheehan Bonda give up six runs in the six Dodgers have to flush this game one out of their system. Turn the page. Get ready because today a new day, new game. Tonight, Game two of the twenty twenty five World Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound from Toronto with more. We head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, all right, Tim Kates the Dodgers and Blue Jays back at it at Rogers Center, and Rick Monday. This is a pivotal one for the Dodgers. After getting blitzed in won in a nine run sixth inning by the Blue Jays offense, they turned to Yoshinobu Yamamoto to try and be a stopper opposite Kevin Gossman. But Dodger fans that they weren't familiar with the Blue Jays offensive potency going into the World Series. They are certainly familiar.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, anyone that understole them lost the bet. That's just the fact of the matter. And we talked on the pregame show yesterday. I said, this is a ball club, being the Blue Jays. They make contact, they don't swing and missile whole lot. And that was evidence in last night's game because if you look at it, I mean, they only had fifteen swings and misses. The Dodgers, on the other hand, had twenty seven swings and misses during the ballgame. So, you know, don't worry about the other guy. I think the Dodgers have to worry about themselves. And that means, hey, timely hitting. And that's one of the things Dave Roberts we heard him say earlier this afternoon. He said, look, we mean the Dodgers, we've not been great at situational hitting during the postseason. That was evidence last night. They had a chance to get a basis loaded. It was a swing and a miss, strike three and a bad pitch out of the strike's own same inning, you'd run into an out, so you give up two outs of opportunity. The Dodgers had that great opportunity, as we mentioned earlier in the game, to blow out the Blue Jays early in the game that did not happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you look up and down the blue Jays starting lineup, which looks a little different here in Game two because the Dodgers are starting a right hander. No Bobashett, no David Schneider, Miles straws out as well, So it's Nathan Lucas Addison Barger at the first postseason pinch hit Grand Slam in history. He's starting tonight. But for the Dodgers, you know, in contrast to the Blue Jays, who seemingly have everybody clicking in that lineup, the Dodgers really only have maybe one or two guys who are swinging the bat right now, and that's Tommy Edmund and then maybe show Hey old Tani, but he's more slug He's seen a lot of swing, a miss, a lot of strikeouts from show Hey this postseason. Mookie Betts hasn't really gotten going. Freddy Freeman and Will Smith as does not have an extra base hit in this postseason to date at Taioscar Hernandez has gone ice cold, and Andy Piez. The struggles are well documented, so they need not just one guy or two guys, They need several guys to.
Speaker 4: Get going absolutely, and then they have to run the bases much better than that. There was some question about Andy Pyes, who's batting nine kies in the lineup again easier three for thirty nine in postseason, and Dave Roberts has asked, well, are you thinking about maybe taking him out of the lineup? Well, he's in there tonight, but the big question centered around what are the opportunities to make other decisions if they decide to go that way. Tommy Edmonds ankle is not going to allow him to play center field, not to the caliber that they need and expose him maybe the more injuries, So that is a question. But the Dodgers from top to bottom did not do a particularly good job last night in pitched selection and then also making contact on the flip side. That's exactly what the Blue Jays did and hopefully that's not going to be the case again tonight.
Speaker 6: More splitters, a lot of them on both sides. Kevin Gossman throws more of them than anybody in baseball, and then obviously donder Vin somewhere with Yoshinobu Young Moto. We'll talk about that pitching matchup in a couple of keys from mo next time we visit with you.
Speaker 5: Too, all right, Nelly, Dodger fans, as we count you down to first pitch, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. Yeah, get ready for first pitch, or to your Shaky's Pizza and Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. We're often running here on Dodgers on Deck coming up over the hour, or you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts, David Vesse checks in. But up next, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA.
Speaker 2: That's all coming up.
Speaker 5: As we lead you up to Dodgers in Blue Jays Game two of the twenty twenty five World Series.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 5: This is your World champion Los Angeles Dodgers a Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts game on.
Speaker 3: Your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers in Blue Jays Game two of the World Series for Toronto. Yoshinobu, ya'm a moto on the mound. Dodgers down oh one already in this series. First pitch coming up at five away.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson and Kirston out.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 5: Ready to donate that old car call eight sep and seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation.
Speaker 2: That's Cars with a k Well Dodgers down oh one.
Speaker 5: The offense last night was good early on Kirston, but didn't see much outside of Otawni late in that game last night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and with talking to Dave Roberts as well as just some of the guys how they have looked at it, looking at more of the offense as a collective this postseason. Dave Roberts was saying that what they've been missing is they haven't been very good situationally. They've been doing a really good job of building innings, which is not finishing them. And I think we saw examples of that last night leaving the bases loaded. We talked about how early in the game, you know, they were hassing the baton, taking their walks bring the ball in play. They did a very good job getting to Trey A. Savage, and it's gonna be a similar game plan going up against Gosman today. This stuff can look a little bit similar. Obviously, there's some familiarity with Kevin Gosman. They haven't seen him pretty recently, but they understand that he's a very good picture.
Speaker 1: He's the ace.
Speaker 7: Of this Blue Jays team, and so they're gonna have to find ways to get to him early. Even was talking to Mookie Betts last night, he was saying, you know, there's some positive. They did get to see a few of their arms out of the bullpen, not necessarily to any of their high leverage arms, just due to the score of the game, but getting an idea as to some looks that is huge for them. So the hope is just continue to pass the baton to take really just to continue the quality of a bats That's what Dave Roberts really does want to see. But it's looking for like that timely finish. That is the key for this group right now, just to get things going. But they have felt considering the layoff things like that, they do feel like the offense is there. It's in a really good spot. But it's just looking for a little bit more to take them to that next level that we have seen from this group considering how much talent there is up and down the line up.
Speaker 5: Now, as far as the Dodger pitching is concerned, they need Yoshi to be really good and that Dodger's bullpen Careerson really needs to bounce back tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they do, and I'm talking to the guys. That's very much to their mindset.
Speaker 2: Last night.
Speaker 7: They were just kind of like, you know, they did not they were not executing their pitchers. We know that this Blue Jays team is a very powerful lineup.
Speaker 2: They've got the long ball.
Speaker 7: We saw that last night with three home runs. This is a pitching staff that had only given up four home runs in the postseason in what the ten games that they've had coming into that game last night, and for them to give up three in one game, that's not where they want to be, and then one of them is a Grand Slam. So, especially without six inning, things built up very quickly, even from whether it was Blake Snell who just felt like he didn't really have his fastball command to set things up passing the baton then to Emmachian Anthony Bonda, they just didn't have their stuff coming out of the bullpen. So they recognize it's one game. You know, it was only game one of the World Series. They now understand what their back to ball skills really look like in person. And so the hope is today that really with Yoshinobu, just to set that tone early, and Will Smith was saying that, you know, he's locked in, he's focused. He's coming off of an outing in which he went a complete game only up that leadoff home run and then after that was lights out. You know, obviously you want to limit the leadoff home run tonight. But if he can put up a performance similar that would be ideal. Probably not the complete game like we saw, but if he can get deep into this one and really control there at bats on the Blue Jay side, that would be huge for this Dodgers team hopefully go back to Los Angeles in a one to one situation, not being down two.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. Curse appreciate it.
Speaker 5: We'll check out with you after the game still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. David Vets goes one on one with Kevin Pillar, former Blue Jay, former Dodger, now broadcaster. But up next we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and Blue Jays Game two of the World Series for Toronto. First pitch at five oh wait. I'm Tim Gates is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Moroango Casino Dodgers on decantus. As we lead jump to first pitch from Toronto Dodgers and Blue Jays, Morono Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for good times. It's Game two of the World Series. Dodgers looking to bounce back. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. First bitch coming up at five to oh eight. Let's head back out to Rogers Center and here the pregame thoughts from the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 3: Anything else the questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 3: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: Dave will Smith was in here earlier, and he was just talking about some of the offense and and yet Bats said he's either been having or been seeing from this team. What's got to be the key just to kind of having some of those pivotal moments and the timely hitting that you want to see from this group and see it quality that Bats has been there thus far.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what I thought. You know, first time through, I thought we were fantastic. I really did, you know. Tonight's going to be a similar test as far as pitcher, and then I felt the second time around we fell off as far as quality of a path. I think it's just sort of you know, being aggressive early, but then the ability to win pitches as we get deeper in the count. And I think if you look at early count hitting, they were better last night. And then as far as with two strikes, winning pitches late, fouling pitches off, they were better. And that's sort of, you know, the tail of the two offenses last night. So today it's a different day. The psyche, the mentality, the mindset is good from our guys. But yeah, I do feel good in the sense that similar type of profile, you know, with Gosman versus yes Savage last night.
Speaker 5: All right there he is Dodgers' manager. Day before Game two of this World Series. He gives the ball to Yoshinobu Yamamotos. The Dodgers look to head back to La tied at a game of peace. They got a lot of work ahead of him tonight. When we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck, we will check in with the David bass So we're leading you up to first pitch from Rogers Center in Toronto. I'm Tim kateson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays, Game two of the World Series from Toronto.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at five oh eight. Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger inside there, David Basse, all.
Speaker 2: Right, DV. What's it like at Rogers Center right now? Last night?
Speaker 5: It was explosive, it was loud, That crowd was into it. Imagine they're smelling blood up one to zero in this series. They're going into Game two tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a lot of Jay's fever on the streets of Toronto today. Fans were lined up five hours before first pitch to get into the buildings, so they are ready to go. And a couple of coaches and players asked me earlier this afternoon when I arrived, Hey, did you think last night was louder here than Game one in Philadelphia? I said no, I thought Philadelphia was louder, but certainly there was a lot of energy, and the roof being closed also amplifies things, so it was loud.
Speaker 2: It was loud.
Speaker 9: If the Dodgers were able to score a couple of runs in that first inning, it would have been a different story. So that's part of the equation for them to take this crowd out of the game early.
Speaker 5: Dave, do you think this Dodger seems filling the pressure to tie up one to one coming back home?
Speaker 9: Well, the first two guys I ran into on the field today when I arrived was Max Munsey and Mookie Bets, and their demeanor was exactly the same as I saw it when they were up two oh on Milwaukee or two to zero after beating the Phillies. And that's the strength of this Dodger team. And they were actually celebrated for the way they acted after sweeping the Brewers and advancing to the World Series. They didn't over celebrate, they didn't act like they had won the World Series. And that's what's going to serve them well in a situation tonight where, for all intensive purposes, tim this is.
Speaker 8: A must win game.
Speaker 9: If you go down oh two, it is going to be a steep mountain to climb. Tommy Yedman, who is back in the starting lineup at second base tonight, spoke about that earlier today.
Speaker 10: I mean, obviously we're surprised with how many runs they scored yesterday, with how good our pitching staff has been, but you know, it's really tough to go through a whole postseason without having, you know, a game or two like that. And we know with how good this offense is, that they can, you know, kind of explode at anytime. But you know, we've, like you said, we've been there last year, that series against against the Padres, where we're facing a couple elimination games, and we have pretty much the same group back that faced that situation last year. So you know, we've been there before.
Speaker 9: And look, the Dodgers understand they have to be better in situations with runners in scoring position or advancing the runner. They have not been very good this entire postseason in those situations. The home run has really saved them. So they've got to be able to do those little things to score runs in advance runners if they're going to be successful and get this thing on track again.
Speaker 5: David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five four f one to fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new light. David, great stuff. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dave's gonna go one on one with Kevin Polar, former Dodger, former Blue Jay, now working for Sports Net and a Canada for this World Series. It's Game two from Toronto as Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues. If we're leading you up to first pitch, you got your Dodgers magical moment. Don't forget Charlie Steiner is still to come. We'll break down this pitching matchup. We're halfway home here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck as we lead you up to Game two Dodgers and the Blue Jays from Toronto.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 5: This is the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Game two of the World Series from Toronto. Coming up, Dodgers and the Blue Jays. Blue Jays won Game one last night. Dodgers looking to bounce back tonight with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 1: Dog who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. It's magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: A lot of magical moments in the postseason and in the World Old Series for the Los Angeles Dodgers, none bigger, arguably than the nineteen eighty eight World Series Game one Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers in the Oakland Athletics, a moment every Dodger fan remembers and knows. The ninth inning, Dennis Eckersley on the mound, Dodgers down, but up came Kurt Gibson.
Speaker 3: Sack's waiting on deck.
Speaker 2: But the game right now is at the plate, high fly ball into right field.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 3: It's done.
Speaker 9: In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened.
Speaker 5: Kirk Gibson with the magical walk off home run into the right field pavilion at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers win Game one of the nineteen eighty eight World Series on their way to a World Series championship. This Hafey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffy hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Charlie Steiner as we lead up to first pitch and Rogers Center in Toronto. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 5: Good Law Dodgers and Blue Jays in Toronto, Game two of the twenty twenty five World Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Kevin Gosman the pitching matchup Dodgers looking even up this series at a game of peace. Time Now for the Verizon startup, as we're a little bit more than thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today and now welcome in Charlie Styner.
Speaker 11: All right, Tim, getting ready for game two, coming into the series more. The conventional wisdom was this is David versus Goliath, and after game one, which team is which?
Speaker 4: Well, I think the Dodgers have to recent and start to make better contact and make better pitches. If we're looking at last night's ball game, you know it got off to a very good start. Dodgers had a two to nothing lead after two and a half innings, and then well it went the opposite direction. Blake Snell really did not have a command of the striketh zone, did not have the changeup. And the other part too, is when he asked which team is which? Well, for the Blue Jays, they stayed within their own character. They did not expand the strength zone at all. In fact, they only struck out four times during the game. The Dodgers, unfortunately not only thirteen strikeouts, but they had twenty seven swings and misses and twenty nine called strengths on them last night. So the Dodgers have to play better, obviously, and they send Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who has been absolutely sensational if you look at the last seven starts, and they're going to need a very good start tonight because, no question about it, the Dodgers need a victory before they board their planes and hit the Los Angeles later tonight.
Speaker 11: Teams that begin or two on the road in the series come back and win eleven out of fifty seven nineteen percent. And so with the Dodger bullpen really in shambles at the moment, there is little or no margin of error for the Dodger starters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, having been one of those nineteen teams in eighty one, we were down no games to two against the Yankees in New York, able to come back and win that game, winning the next four. But you mentioned the bullpen. Other than those relievers named Sasaki, the bullpen has an era of seven point nine to four and that is not going to get it done at this particular stage of the events. And for Toronto, they're gonna come out fully charged, and they're going to stay within character, and that is, don't expand the strike zone and make the pitcher come to the hitter.
Speaker 11: The place sounded like it was crazy last night. I don't expect it to be much different tonight.
Speaker 4: No, especially with the roof that's closed. Charlie, you've been here and you understand exactly what it is. A sala crowd. In fact, you know, if we look at the Blue Jays media Guide, it says that this play seats thirty nine thousand, one and nine. Well, they were able to squeeze in forty four thousand plus last night, and all of them have a very strong voice. Oh, there's a contingency of a Dodger fans, there's no question about that. But this is the World Series, this is the biggest stage, and boy, they set the stage last night with a pregame ceremony. You and I were talking about that earlier off air that went very well and the Dodgers what they need to do tonight. It sounds easy, but they need to play Dodger baseball, which includes defense. They made base running blunder last night. They cost them dearly early in the game and strikeouts with opportunities to to get a run on a Basi's loaded walks. It's the ball club that they know what they have to do. Last night they did not do it.
Speaker 11: Snell through twenty nine pitches in the first inning last night, and that, sadly, it was a sign of things to come, because he was gone much sooner than he and the Dodgers had hoped and expected.
Speaker 2: And then along came the bullpen. Yeah, no question.
Speaker 4: And if we look at the Toronto I mean, if you look at postseason, here's a ball club that it hits very well, no question about that. Well in postseason as a team, they're hitting three to five. What about the opposing teams against them? Just two seventeen batting average against. So maybe overlooked is what the James have done offensively, defensively, and by the way, may be undersold by many teams they're pitching, but last night nobody undersold it.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers hitting two fifty in the postseason having scored fifty runs, Toronto is hitting three to five of the postseason, having scored eighty two.
Speaker 3: So offensive league Game one, the.
Speaker 11: Blue Jays certainly had a significant advantage. They got to turn things around Cosmon going for the Blue Jays, and of course Yamamoto, who was steadily the Dodgers' best pitcher from opening Day until today, getting a most important start tonight, Game two of the twenty twenty five World Series. Right around the corner. Tim all right, thank you, Charlie. As we get you closer to Game two of this World Series. Dodger fans join Angel CITYFC all October at BEMO as a host their final home games of the regular season. Tickets and info at Angelcity dot com. Plus plan ahead for the twenty twenty six season with season tickets for next year with angel CITYFC also available and on sale at Angelcity dot com.
Speaker 5: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this game two pitchy matchup. Steven and Rick will have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight. It's the Dodgers and Blue Jays Game two of the World Series coming up from Toronto. I'm Tim Kass, World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodger fans leading you up to Game two of the World Series in Toronto, Canada, Dodgers and Blue Jays Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount as the Dodgers look to bounce back after losing the series opener last night. First pitch coming up a little after five o'clock. Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high end.
Speaker 2: Touched, all right.
Speaker 9: It's a reunion at the World Series. We're just in front of Game two between the Dodgers and Blue Jays, and I'm joined right now by a man that made his bone in the eight one eight or the Great one eight in West Hills. He was with the Dodgers for a brief time, but obviously superman here in Toronto. And that's the one and only Kevin Pillar. Kevin, great to see you and awesome that you have chased your dream post playing career to be an established broadcaster.
Speaker 12: Now, yeah, it's pretty exciting. I mean it's something I've thought about. I mean, even back when we were together with the Dodgers, I picked your brain. You were great allowing me to come on and kind of get my feet wet in you know, media. But really I'm most excited about. You know, this is my first World Series. I know you're no stranger of the World Series, but it's been really exciting to just be on the field. I mean, it's what you dream of as a player, and you know, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do it as a player. So getting here kind of step into this role with Sportsnet and and kind of ride the coattails of the Blue Jays all the way the World Series has been really exciting for me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 9: So since you are a broadcaster, now, do you see the game the same way you did even from the dugout when you're with the Dodgers or laid in your playing career.
Speaker 12: I think it's a little bit different. I think people, you know, maybe in your shoes, people that sit in the stands or the press box or the audience, they always tell you the game slows down and it looks less difficult when you're in the you know, the press box or where I watch the game from. You know, I haven't lost kind of that mindset of a player from like a competitive aspect, from X's and o's, but the game definitely has slowed down, you know. It's it's a lot easier to be critical of decisions that are made throughout the game because you have a lot longer time to kind of process the information. You kind of lose a sense for how quick things have to be done in game. But I always promise myself when I got into media that I'd never forget how difficult the game is, decisions, you know, singing at pitches, you know, just the entirety of the game. And I promise myself I would never be too critical. And there's certain times throughout this postseason that you know, I've had to be honest, but I hope it comes from a good place and like it's never going to be pointed at, you know, individual, it's it's always going to be coming from a maybe a learning aspect because I hate it being criticized as a player because you know, much like I'm experiencing now, the game does seem a lot easier on TV or even in the stands. And I think that's the beauty of being a former player, and you know, jumping ship to the other side is you can offer the perspective of what it's like to be in the box, the emotions that would probably come with playing a game like this, and that's what I'm kind of here to share.
Speaker 9: You understand the method of the Dodgers. You know a lot of these players that are in this world series. What if anything should we make of a game like last night and how much it plays into Game two.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, it's kind of crazy to be standing here in a world series with these two teams. Obviously, the Blue Jays is, you know, kind of my baby where I grew up, and you know who I'm affiliated with. But I've also been in that dugout, in that clubhouse with a lot of those guys. Obviously there's some new characters here, but I know their process, I know what they're about, I know the competitiveness, I know the hunger, and honestly, I think, you know, what happened yesterday was a wake up call to the Dodgers, you know, not that they probably you know, took the Blue Jays lightly I don't think any team would ever take in a posing team lightly on this stage because you have to earn your way to the World Series. But I think it was a little bit of a wake up call for him. I think reality kind of set in where I don't want to say things had been easy for them, but it's been a smooth sailing for them, you know, even a lot of those games with the Phillies. The one game that they lost was still like a very competitive close game. But I think it woke him up a little bit, and I expect them to come out a little bit different than they were last night.
Speaker 9: Kevin, awesome analysis. I think you're a natural. I think you're ready to go foul Territory Sportsnet year in Canada. Hopefully we see you back in LA when the series shifts there. So thank you for the time and great to see you again.
Speaker 3: I will be there there.
Speaker 9: He is the man, Kevin Polar Watch out Ventura Boulevard. He's gonna be hitting those streets and Dan super subs very soon.
Speaker 2: We'll send it back to you, Tim, all right.
Speaker 5: Thank you, David. Getting closer to first pitch. Dodger fans, Well, we come back here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll break down this pitchy matchup. Don't go anywhere. Game two of the World Series from Toronto. I'm Tim Kayson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo.
Speaker 1: Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's Game two of the World Series from Toronto, Dodgers and Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinon, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Where's it about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard, play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck bill for the bolt. See your Toyota dealers today. They make it easy. Kevin Gosman on the mound for the Blue Jays, thirty four year old right hander. Thirteenth season in the Big Leagues, fourth with the Blue Jays. He was ten and eleven with a three to fifty nine ERA and thirty two starts during the regular season. This postseason, four games pitch, three starts, one in relief. In the three starts He's pitched into the sixth inning in all of them. His walks have been an issue, though in this postseason. He's issued nine and eighteen innings against the Dodgers. In his career two and three with a three fifty seven ERA forty seven strikeouts in nine appearances. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers second season with the Blue One of the best starters of the National League during the regular season, a two time NL Pitcher of the Month, including this September, where he was dominant sub one ERA almost had that no hitter in Baltimore. He was great during the regular season twelve and eight with the two to forty nine ERA and two hundred and one strikeouts. He's been really good in the postseason the last two years, two or fewer earned runs in five of his seven starts. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Kevin Gosman, Dodgers and Blue Jays were fifteen minutes away from Game two of the twenty twenty five World Series.
Speaker 2: Keys to the game are next.
Speaker 5: I'm sim kas Is the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Game two of the World Series from Toronto coming up, Dodgers and the Blue Jays, Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Kevin Gosman the pitching matchup. Before first pitch, though, let's head back out to the booth one final time to get the keys to the game from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: Tim Kates.
Speaker 6: First pitch in Game two the twenty twenty five World Series is just moments away. The Dodgers trying to avoid that terrifying two series whole. As we look through history, it is not kind of teams who lose the first two games of the World Series. But Mo, that was then and part of then your team of nineteen eighty one climbing back.
Speaker 3: Out of it.
Speaker 6: But even still they would like to avoid that predicament. Give me a key or two tonight. Well, I think the big key is the Dodgers. For an offensive standpoint, I think Moto is going to hold his own, no question about it. But if you look at Gosman, you mentioned earlier that both of these guys have an excellent split finger fastball.
Speaker 4: That's true. Gosman throws a higher percentage than anybody else. But here's the other part about Gosman. And I mentioned this because of the Dodger's going to be hunting first pitch strike, because he throws first pitch strike this year seventy percent of the time. And that might really play into the effect of Freddy Freeman because first pitch this year he's hit four sixty three. Is that a matchup that you say, hey, look, first pitch, we're going to go hunting. Even if you go hunting first pitch, it has to be selective first pitch, it has to be a strike.
Speaker 6: Speaking of pitches, Blake Snell did not have his best stuff in Game one. That much was evident pretty early. First speed bump for a Dodger starter in a long while. So now Yoshinobu Yamamoto is going to try and be the stopper. And this rag season more this year, twelve starts for Yamamoto following a Dodger loss, he has five wins, the team has seven wins, and is here a two point five to eight in that stretch. He is facing the Blue Jays though for the very first time in his career, and the Dodgers saw first hand last night you know just how potent that unit could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's talk about Blue Jays and what they've done postseason against the split finger fastball. Yes, different guys have thrown it, but it's still a pitch to be reckoned. With the Blue Jays in postseason against the splitters, as a team are hitting just one twenty five. That's three hits and twenty four advance. Thirty nine percent have been strikes as far as swings and misses against that splitter. So this kind of falls into the category of Yamamoto with that splitter, and for recent history, the Blue Jays have not handled pretty well. I would imagine if he can control the splitter, we will see a wheelbarrow full of them thrown tonight.
Speaker 6: It's been a long while since the Dodgers have lost back to back postseason games. It would be games two to three of the Division Series last year against San Diego. They have won nineteen games of the next twenty four postseason games played, and so they want to keep that streak alive and avoid an oh two hole in the fall class against against Toronto.
Speaker 5: All Right, Nelly, appreciate that coming up first pitch Game two the World Series, don't forget. Afterwards, I'll have all the postgame festivities including reaction from the clubhouse, all the highlights and postgame Dodger talk as well. Dodgers down one in this twenty twenty five world series Yoshinobu Yamamoto Kevin Gosman. The pitching matchup is the Dodgers look to leave Toronto even enough this best of seven series with a win.
Speaker 2: Tonight. First pitch is next. Enjoy it. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 5: This It's been Moronco Casino Dodgers on Deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network