Speaker 1: Hey, do we know anybody that's a magician?
Speaker 2: Well, like, I know Seth is a card magician, but he's learning. But do we know anybody that's like a magician magician? But I don't mean famous, no, but like somebody, like somebody who's like it's a side hustle.
Speaker 3: What was the name of the young entrepreneur who opened up that magic shop? Was it in Rockville?
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Didn't we talk to him?
Speaker 1: Or here we talk to him?
Speaker 3: I thought we did.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. That sounds right. What was his name?
Speaker 3: I have to look for it?
Speaker 1: Is he the only one?
Speaker 3: Is it Max?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, remember and I don't know if you still at it on your itinerary for next weekend. But a few weeks ago we talked about how there was a magic speakeasy opening up on the strip. That's right, that's right, I would check that out. Is it Maximum Magic Shop? Does that sound right?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. How do I find a magician?
Speaker 3: Well, just sell us it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But are there any well do they have to be making a career?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Expect you said not famous, but career's pretty tough too.
Speaker 2: I would bet that there's nobody listening that can make a career out of magic, unless you maybe own a shop that sells. Okay, but you make a career out of owning a shop, right, You don't make your career out of doing magic.
Speaker 1: So that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm not expecting to find anybody who's like, no, I mean listen, that would be impressive if you were that good. I love magic, I love magic, I can't do any of it.
Speaker 3: Would you accept somebody who does like children's birthday parties?
Speaker 1: Do they do magic?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying you're a magician.
Speaker 3: Well, they maybe do enough parties for a job.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, but your magic also needs to be I bet if you do children's parties, you don't just do exclusively kids parties, so you only learn like baby magic tricks? Or do you do like me watch me separate my finger? Corporate events that see that counts?
Speaker 1: That count?
Speaker 3: Then I bet you could find somebody.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's somebody that's their side hustle.
Speaker 3: If you're if you're able to get in front of big business, that will be your gig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll give you that if if you can do that, absolutely, but you got to be.
Speaker 1: Able to like, look right here, see how I separate my finger. Yeah, it's a good magic trick. What was that? Was it?
Speaker 3: The the link in Vegas? The speakeasy with the magicians that link promenade.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I wonder how that's going. I'll be opened by that.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know in a week. Right now, I'm making a torches taco disappear. Where am I going? Blanked?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Hi Ellie in the morning.
Speaker 5: Hey, Elia, and I used to perform for about a decade, about ten years.
Speaker 6: What do you want to know?
Speaker 1: Are you as a working magician?
Speaker 6: No, but I have my kids that do it, and I teach them.
Speaker 1: Wait what do you mean by that?
Speaker 6: Teach them the trade like they perform, not me.
Speaker 1: So you but you know how to do it. But you never did it to perform. You just did it for the out of love for the art form and then taught your kids and your kids perform.
Speaker 6: No, I used to do it and get paid when I was younger. Yes, I used to do shows.
Speaker 1: Did you really? That's awesome? Hey? What is your what is your and maybe you don't have what is your specialty?
Speaker 6: Like floating objects, levitations they used to float CDs, you know, like CD disc CD disc they you know, and flowers. Stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Is awesome and it's hard to perfect.
Speaker 6: Right, it just takes a lot of practice.
Speaker 1: What magic.
Speaker 2: Hey did you like when you said you were performing? Like what kind of stuff were you doing? Like corporate events and things like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would do like uh, companies, summer parties, you know, Christmas bashes and.
Speaker 7: Stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I also used to juggle to as well.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, Well, I mean I mean that's fine, you know, like that's that's that's like circus act.
Speaker 1: No, no, but I don't mean that in a bad way. I don't mean that in a bad way. But don't you don't you wish you could do magic? Like magic is impressive. Magic is impressive to be able to do that and do it well. Yeah, And I've never been one. I've never been one to seek the answer.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know the answers, you know, Like there was the what was it like the magician.
Speaker 1: That that told me secret? Yeah, I never would watch that because I don't want to know how they do it. And I love torturing torturing myself to try to figure out how they do it. Magic is very I love magic. I do. I think it's so impressive. I mean, some stuff is dumb, but the no, because it is. But there's all different kinds of magic. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I go to a lot of magic shows, and you know, as a family, we go and I intentionally try not to figure out how it's done because I like the sense of wonder is the magic you know that it brings, brings the childhood feeling?
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, have you ever been to Here's one of the reasons I was asking, have you ever been to the Magic Castle out in Los Angeles?
Speaker 6: In Los Angeles?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Have it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh they do.
Speaker 2: I guess they do a big swap meet every year where it's all, oh, do you know about it?
Speaker 6: Yes, I've heard about I've never been.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I guess it's coming up that it is a big it's a big deal and it's sometimes sometimes it's small things or big things or stuff that gets used in magic, or like old old.
Speaker 1: Props and things like that. It's yeah, it looks kind of cool.
Speaker 6: Props and paraphernalia yeah, just for collection or for continuing to use.
Speaker 2: Good question is that would I go there because I'm I'm a fan and I'm just collecting things, or would I go there because I'm a magician and I'm looking for things to use in my act.
Speaker 6: Now, some of the stuff's old, some of it's new. Some of the stuff it's old. Yeah, that you don't want to use, but most of it is.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: People are reusing it for their shows.
Speaker 1: One guy sold his entire act there.
Speaker 2: He had a bunch of VHS tapes of him doing his magic and he was I don't remember if he died or if he was really sick, but he sold his entire act at the swap meet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's expected. I think it's cool. Though, Well I wasn't there. Don't you have to be invited?
Speaker 5: I don't know about that, but we should have bought it started side hustle.
Speaker 1: There you go. All right, dude, I appreciate it. Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 3: By the way, with it, says. With restoration work on the historic Magic Castle building ongoing, this season's outing has been moved down the block to the landmark Hollywood United Methodist Church. Does that ring a bell to anyone? In the room.
Speaker 2: No, But isn't that isn't that a conflict of interest? Like, don't some people think magic is like the devil's work? And now you're bringing it into a church.
Speaker 3: Why do we know that church?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that like a John ostein something or other?
Speaker 3: Josh, do you know that church? There's your hint.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like Gorilla monsoon from there.
Speaker 3: In a random pull. Due to its convenient location near several Hollywood studios, the church has been frequently used as a filming location for movies Back to the Future, Thank You, Diane. They used the church's gymnasium for the Enchantment under the Sea dance. They also did the talent show scene and that thing you.
Speaker 1: Do What's the Bigger Loser one, Diane.
Speaker 3: Interior scenes for the movie Sister Act were filmed there.
Speaker 1: Oh, where am I going?
Speaker 3: My big Mama's house.
Speaker 1: That's a good show. Hi, Elliet in the morning.
Speaker 9: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey are you a magician?
Speaker 9: I am. I'm not doing it as much as I used to, but I used to perform for at bars, restaurants, corporate events. It was always a side gig, though it was never a time career for me.
Speaker 1: I think that's awesome, though, I think that were you good?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 9: I mean, not to toot my own horn. I feel like I'm was very good. And it was surprising to my fellow magicians who were making a career out of it that I didn't pursue it as a career. But I just thought once it turned into a job, I just wouldn't probably like it anymore. So that's why I chose not to really do it as a career.
Speaker 2: Is it is it a hard Is it a hard feel to break into?
Speaker 9: I think if you're older, yes, I mean I kind of got into it when I was about twelve years old. I kind of watched the first David Blaine special and then I was hooked. And then once I realized anybody could learn it, I just kind of it just kind of clicked for me. And it's a lot of work, it's a lot of practice, but anybody theoretically could learn it. It's really not that difficult. You just need time and patience and the willing to master it.
Speaker 1: Basically, can I ask you this is it? Like I do? I love magic. I think it is a very clever art form. Like I really like it, and.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know, like don't they always say, like you either make something disappear.
Speaker 1: Make something appear, or make something change. I don't know Melzer said it at some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's exactly.
Speaker 2: But there's there's a million different ways to accomplish I don't want to say the same thing. And much like being a comedian, like you don't want to steal someone else's joke, so you're not trying to steal someone else's bit, but I'm still making a quarter up here from behind your ear. But like if you're a fan of it and then you learn how to do it, is there is the same wonder there, you know what I mean? Like I love magic, but I don't want to know how it's done. But if I wanted to do it, I would have to know how it's done.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like it to building a house. You give somebody a hammer, nails, and some wood, and three different people are going to build three different houses. And once you have the tools and the basic building blocks, you can kind of start forming your own ideas and your own solutions to things.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: I was at the point I finally got to the point in magic where everything became so second nature. I was almost hoping that I would screw up in front of people and make a mistake so I could then figure out a way how to get out of it. Because doing just regular magic started to get boring. I was like, hey, I need a challenge here. So if I would make a mistake because they would pick the wrong card or whatever, I would have to kind of come up on the fly with ways to get out of it and you know, switch it around it and maybe go into something else. It would have no you know, the person I'm doing it too would have no idea. But it became a challenge for me because I was I'm a close up magician. I always do card magic, coin stuff, very close up, intimate kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Is what I do.
Speaker 1: Do you do?
Speaker 2: You still kind of keep abreast of the magic world.
Speaker 9: I'm not as in tune with the community as much, but I am still always shuffling a duck of cards. I got a deck of cards at my office on my desk and my desk at home. I'm always playing around, you know, maybe showing somebody at work something. But I don't I don't perform perform anymore like I used to. But when I do get asked to come to a birthday party or something, my friends having something to do, I'll bring a duck of cards and it all just kind of comes back to me like it's muscle memory. Yeah, like I'm telling me, I'll probably never forget but.
Speaker 2: The last time and now listen, I mean, you've got it as muscle memory. The only person I know is Seth who owns i MP.
Speaker 1: He like, if you go to dinner with him, he'll bring a deck of cards and he'll do magic while you eat the I mean, I'm sure he's gotten better than the last time that I saw him do it.
Speaker 2: But here's what I was going to ask you. Are you when when? When I say, do you keep up? Do you believe this hiring a magician has become a big thing at bachelorette parties.
Speaker 9: I do, actually, but but almost I feel like it's almost because I think I heard a similar story to this one. But they almost hire like a super old, corny magician, almost as a joke to the to the bride.
Speaker 1: Oh no, this doesn't I do. I do understand that you're expecting a stripper, but no, I do understand what you're saying. But here's what they said.
Speaker 2: It says the past couple of years, there's been a big shift away from traditional bachelorette entertainment. According to this one magician that they talk to every group of bridesmaid who books me says the same thing. They want something everyone can participate in and enjoy without being made to feel awkward or tacky.
Speaker 1: So if you said to.
Speaker 2: Your friends, hey, we're gonna bring over a stripper and we're all gonna drink out of penis straws and all that, there may be people in the group that are like, uh, so you're either pressured or bullied into doing it, or you're you're an outsider and you can't go. So they said, if we bring in something that is inclusive for everybody, and that magicians are making bank at at at bachelorette.
Speaker 4: Parties, I mean there is definitely some truth there.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, the past couple of years, there's been a resurgence of magic with with you know, magicians that are on America's Got Talent and all those types of shows and tell their fool us there's all those kinds of that are kind of there is a resurgence of magic. So I definitely don't disbelieve that that statement. I'd be curious to know what magician they talked to that said that is that. I don't know if that's in your article there.
Speaker 1: Tristan McLendon.
Speaker 9: Now, I don't know that name, and I know quite a I know quite a few magicians over the years i've been I've lived in a few different states over the country, so I've had a lot of magicians in a lot of different areas. But yeah, that's the name I don't I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 2: They also said magic is multi generational, so it's not like, yeah, so it's not like, hey, we're going to have a bachelorette party, so you know, it's all my you know, late twenty early thirty year olds and like maybe some answer or something who don't mind seeing some wang, But it's.
Speaker 1: Everybody can go. Everybody can enjoy.
Speaker 9: Magic, beauty of it, and that's that's what I like about it. And I can perform the same thing to a ninety year old at a senior's home or or a five year old kid, you know, and everything in between. And that's that's what I used to do. I used to do everything in between, and that that's what I like about it. It's just it's it's you can perform for somebody that's you can perform for somebody that doesn't speak to Lange speak.
Speaker 1: Your language is Mortgage.
Speaker 9: It's very multifaceted I've learned over the years.
Speaker 2: Love it, love it. Hey, you're a great ambassador for it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, guy, does he know I see so there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're you're there? Right? Yeah, yeah, I didn't make him disappear.
Speaker 3: Do you know the magician Eric Willzig?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 9: It's funny you say that because I actually am friends with him and I actually put together his promo video because my real job is I'm a video motion graphics designer.
Speaker 3: Well, I will say this. I saw him over the summer randomly at the Boardwalk Seaside Heights. He was incredible.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, he's fantastic. He does more of the stage type of magic. He also does do close up So I don't know what show he did for you, because he has two different shows. Was it close up magic like card stuff or was it stage magic?
Speaker 3: It was more stage because it was a large audience right there on the water right, do you know?
Speaker 1: Pika? All right? Very good, very good, Thank you sir, thank you. How random is that? I just like, wait, is he from here?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, he's a Jersey.
Speaker 3: I sat here the whole time. I'm like, what was that guy's name? He was so and I had just watched Justin Willman's special on Netflix at the rental and then so we told the kids like, oh, let's let's see what the entertainment schedule is for the week at Seaside and there was a magician listed there and they said, is this going to be like Justin Willman? And I said probably not. But he was great, like like and everything he did mystified me. Where you sit there and you're like, how the hell did.
Speaker 1: He do that? And that's the beauty of magic.
Speaker 3: I was really impressed. And it's funny. I probably watched the video that he produced, because afterwards I definitely checked out some of his stuff.
Speaker 1: But do you do you buy that it's a good bachelorette thing?
Speaker 2: If somebody said, you know what, if you were there and it happened they like brought out a magician, you would think it's fun because you would also think that they got somebody who like is making I'm making this up right, I'm not a magician, but like they're making garters disappear or you know, like they're making their titties up here like whatever. But it's not like but if they said, hey, what are you doing for your bachelorette party? I don't know that you would go, oh, we're getting a magician, because I think people would be like, that's lame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you did it, I bet people would like it.
Speaker 3: Well, you said this has been growing over the last couple of years. Yes, when Kristen was planning her bachelor party, did anyone suggest this or read this and some sort of brides magazine?
Speaker 1: That is an emphatic note?
Speaker 3: Why is she laughing?
Speaker 1: Because she's laughing at you that you would suggest that for her. You just said, I think it would have been We weren't invited, No, not at all.
Speaker 3: It's a fun dinner out and then everybody went karaoke. How'd you guys play miniature golf?
Speaker 1: They did that before?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the of the miniature idiots.
Speaker 1: Just where do we drink? Line three? Hi? Elliot the morning?
Speaker 11: Hey, how's it going guys?
Speaker 1: Good? Who's that? This is Andy?
Speaker 11: How y'all doing?
Speaker 1: I am doing great? Are you are? Are you a magician.
Speaker 11: I am not a magician, but I just was at my brother's bachelor party in LA and we hired a magician.
Speaker 1: For his bachelor party.
Speaker 11: For his bachelor party.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, was it good?
Speaker 11: It was amazing? Was it really amazing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: We definitely, you know, it was my brother's idea, and we all kind of made fun of him for it, of course, and yeah, but he actually ended up hiring a dude who actually works at Magic Castle there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's a good deal.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 11: He was a younger guy, I want to say, like late twenties, early thirties. His name was Magic John. He looked like a magician you think, you know, like came in with black clothes, long hair, and then just blew our minds with like up close stuff and then like long long form tricks like he at the end of the day, he basically had someone pull a card and then he was like, hey, go check out my Instagram and he was holding that car to being like, I know you're pulling those cards. He had like posted it like two hours before, sitting in front.
Speaker 1: Of the house. Dude, that's amazing. That's see. I love that. I love that.
Speaker 2: And it's probably the easiest thing in the world. But I loved that.
Speaker 3: Were they all into it? Oh, yeah, happening.
Speaker 1: No, they made fun of him, right, but.
Speaker 11: No, yeah, no, we definitely made fun of him for the idea and to.
Speaker 3: Make fun of magicians.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know. We're in Los Angeles. Are there any strip clubs here?
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, dude, But secretly, were you like this could be cool?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: They wanted to go see titties.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, we we wanted titties. But all we did was we never left the house. We just did drugs and brought a magician in.
Speaker 1: But afterwards everybody liked it.
Speaker 11: Oh, everyone loved it. We were We were trying to figure out how to get him to come to my brother's wedding a couple of weeks later, but he wasn't available.
Speaker 1: That's hysterical. That's hysterical.
Speaker 11: We You've told everyone we've known do this. It's super fun. It's kind of like, you know, going to a comedy club. You never think about doing it, but once you're there, he's like, why don't we do this more?
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, very good. Hey, I appreciate it, Thank you, sir, thank you. Yes, who is.
Speaker 3: The magician dressed like Reva McIntyre.
Speaker 1: No, who is Like.
Speaker 2: Who would the community say, the comic not comic, the magician community. Who is like in the area like d C Richmond, Baltimore, like this area, Like who's the dude right, Like who's the one.
Speaker 1: That they're like this guy's gonna make it like up and comer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like who's who is the guy or woman right now?
Speaker 1: Although you know what, we've talked about that before.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of women in magic there really are, that's friend, yeah and good the what does that mean?
Speaker 1: No, I just nothing that there aren't more women in magic or yeah, no, no, women are good at magic according to youear kind of one begets the other, doesn't it the h? No?
Speaker 2: No, but who is the like who is the king? Who's the goat light? Now of magic in the area?
Speaker 3: I have no idea?
Speaker 1: Don't you want to know? Like who is going?
Speaker 2: Like oh if I could be anybody, Like nobody's going who's killing it? It ain't Seth Heurwitz, Like nobody's like man if I could be Seth, But.
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know. I have no clue. I know there's something playing that I read about the other day in Bethesda. I think it's done this week, but there is an illusionist who's doing a show. They're called Nothing Up My Sleeve. I don't even know if he's local.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Roundhouse Theater. I was gonna try to get my family to go. Now you're making sounds. Oh, I was making stuff disappear. Hi in the morning, Dandy is his name?
Speaker 1: Oh? Works with Elvis's going.
Speaker 3: To work twice because he's a racist?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who is this? Hey?
Speaker 7: Is this name?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hi? Hi?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 7: This is Amy from Gaithersburg.
Speaker 1: Hi, Amy, Are you a magician?
Speaker 7: I am definitely not a magician. But my friends and I saw an illusionist magician last year in New York for a bachelorette.
Speaker 1: For a bachelorette party. Was it good?
Speaker 7: Uh, it was pretty good. It was definitely something we did spend like maybe six hours afterwards stalking him and then trying to figure out how he did.
Speaker 8: All his tricks.
Speaker 3: Oh, what do you mean stocking stalking him online?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Like like so it was very clear that he had plants like in his show, and so we were like, Okay, we're going to stalk his Instagram and we're going to see whose plans are We tried to buy like all like buy out one of his shows to see how many seats were in the like theater and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 1: Oh, so I'm sorry. I thought, hello, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I thought you was the ringleader.
Speaker 1: I thought you meant like he came to like your hotel and did it. But you will.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have I ever seen Magic Live? Yeah? Wait, you had a show.
Speaker 7: It was like it was like it was his show. It was like honestly, it was in a basement in Brooklyn, which makes it sound way sketchy than it was.
Speaker 1: No, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean listen, what what Oh, I'm sorry he didn't sell out Madison Square Garden like that's where No, that's where you play?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah it was awesome. I mean it was awesome. We definitely questioned like some of his we were like some of his tricks were less than good. But he had like he had a video segment. He went outside for a minute and like quote unquote talk to people on the street like he definitely had it like down pat Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean listen, you're downplaying him.
Speaker 2: But you spent six hours talking and thinking about buying out his whole show.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, no, totally.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: We well, but we're also summer readers, so we like have to figure out, like what's going on?
Speaker 1: Say no more?
Speaker 7: Like, oh, my friends are summer readers.
Speaker 1: No more, say no more. All right, very good, very good, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 3: Did we go ahead?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Did we know al Toto as a kids last team did magic at tracks? I don't know if he was saying that he's a local magician.
Speaker 1: No, he's not.
Speaker 3: I am the it.
Speaker 1: Guy in dope sic. I made some pills disappear and anyway. He chimed in, No, but you know what would be fun the magician's room in Vegas.
Speaker 2: No, the the No, No, I'm sure it would be fun, but that takes up time.
Speaker 3: No, it's you can pop and pop out. It's it's it's a speakeasy.
Speaker 1: So you don't have to go for a performance.
Speaker 3: Well, they have multiple shows, I guess throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go. We could stick our head in. I'll go for a drink designed for close viewing. Perfect, so you can catch every flourish faint and reveal.
Speaker 2: No, but wouldn't it be fun to do like an elliot in the morning, like magic night. Yes, No, I'm being serious.
Speaker 3: Kristen's laughing again with the person who is the person around here? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean anybody well sets available.
Speaker 2: The he's an opener, okay, Like if there's three openers, give you go in first, you got three minutes.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on my card, fell.
Speaker 2: No, But to do an Elliot in the morning like po Poker Magic Night, I think that would be fun too.
Speaker 1: I think it would be great.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I need a venue. Well, actually not true, I need magicians. I got a venue idea for you where Jersey Shore? Yeah, right, casino Pierre no, No, but it needs to be it needs to be indoors. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say it on.
Speaker 1: Oh because I'm thinking of a place.
Speaker 3: Also, okay, is yours realistic?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: We could host ours instantly. It sets up perfectly for it and has great food and drink as well.
Speaker 1: I got that also, Okay, where's yours?
Speaker 3: Mine is in one oh?
Speaker 1: Mine isn't Tyson's Hi Elliott the morning?
Speaker 10: Hey, good morning?
Speaker 1: Is this me? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey? There?
Speaker 10: This is Amanda. I'm an asset. There's a local magician named Brian Curry who specializes in mental magic. He's a mentalist and he performs probably about twice a month at once It's a Capital Hilton and once up the Hilton Washington. I tried to get him to call in, but he's out of tom out of family issue. But his website is a good Liar dot com and also Brian currymagic dot com. He's great.
Speaker 1: How do you know is this missus Curry?
Speaker 10: No, my husband is the works of the Capitol Hilton, dresser of events and catering, and he he comes in twice a month and has his shows there.
Speaker 1: Really and he's good.
Speaker 10: He's really good. It's it's like mental magic. So it's you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, like I've seen it on ESPN.
Speaker 10: Hey, what is hating anybody?
Speaker 7: In half?
Speaker 1: They have that guy that always like goes into the football team and does stuff and it like the whole team's the whole thing of Chris Berman. No, but like the whole team thinks it's like voodoo and they're like.
Speaker 2: Swami the Hey, so the the it's like and you said, but he's he's on tour right now.
Speaker 1: He's out of town.
Speaker 10: No, he's out of town on a family thing. I tried to get him a call in but he does twice, so twice a month, once once a month at the Capitol Hilton. I think his next show is on the twenty eighth, and then another once a month at the Hilton Washington.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent, Oh, very good.
Speaker 10: Liar dot com. It's his show and you can get so good?
Speaker 1: Got it? Got it all right? Very good? Thank you, ma'am, thank you. Maybe we put him on our bill, so.
Speaker 3: I got him and Seth. Seth can also drum. There's a house stand between sets.
Speaker 1: Can I go to line too? Hi? Ellie at the morning?
Speaker 8: Hey, elliot, it's Peter Wood. How are you?
Speaker 1: Hey, Peter Wood? I am well, thank you? How are you? That's a performer's name.
Speaker 8: Well that's why I'm calling it. I am a full time professional magician in the area.
Speaker 1: Are you really yes, sir?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 1: Are you? Would you agree? Let me go? Let me back up? Would you agree? Do you get hired for a lot of like bachelorette parties?
Speaker 8: It is crazy how much that has increased in the last five years. Really not just bachelorette but just you know, any sort of that whole millennial experiential crowd. It is no longer birthday parties and corporate stuff. There's this whole middle market that's opened up.
Speaker 2: Bachelor parties, bachelorette parties, baby showers, like what is that?
Speaker 1: Like Huggies and Chuggies and stuff like that, like all that stuff. Yeah, so you get hired for all of that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean and even like you know, I'm getting so many requests for twenty something birthday parties that you just would not expect that sort of thing.
Speaker 7: But they just.
Speaker 8: Want a cool hang, something that they can all be talking about the next day or the next week. You know, are you good? Well, I'm no. Brian Curry good Naturally, it's funny last caller recommending Brian Curry. I'm gonna give him a gold star as well. And then also there's a show called The Magic Duel that's two friends of mine. They also have a regular show in DC.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a really great community. We all sort of know each other. So if I can't do a gig, I'll throw it to Brian or he'll do likewise for me. So it's a real real great tight knit group.
Speaker 2: Hey, but can I ask you this, Like if you're a magician, and I'll just use you and Brian Curry Okay, if Brian does a trick or a magic.
Speaker 1: Trick, right, and you see it, do you.
Speaker 2: Like, do you ever see magic and go you understand how it's done, but the show around it? Or do you ever see something and go I don't have I have no idea how they would do that.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think as the more you get into magic, that's the high that you're chasing. Is you loved being fooled as a kid, but unfortunately the more you know, the harder it is to fool you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: If Brian shows me something and I don't know how it's done, it brings me so much joy because that's just such a special experience that you don't get as much the further you get into magic.
Speaker 1: And do you like, do you perform a lot around here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean, so it's my full time gig and I've been doing it since I was ten. So I'm a based about halfway between Baltimore and d C. So I do a lot of work in DC, but then also up in the Baltimore area.
Speaker 1: And it was Peter Wood, right, yes, sir, yep, right, yeah, maybe we put a.
Speaker 3: Magic show together, The Collector of the Impossible.
Speaker 8: Yes, I've gotten on Penn and Teller two times, which was awesome real for that sort of yes, sir, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 1: I thought you were pulling like a like like a scarf out of your sleeve or something.
Speaker 8: I mean I did that when I was ten, I guess. But yeah, no, I mean it's but it's also funny, like the more you get into it as a business, you were definitely running a small business. And a lot of my colleague legues are actually part time guys, like some of the folks you've had calling in right, and they just do it for the love of it, which is awesome as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it is. I mean it's an art art form.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's a lot of fun. But yeah, if you want to put something together, drop us a line, well, we'll get a line up together for you.
Speaker 1: All right, Very good, very good. I appreciate it. Hey, thank you, sir. I think it'd be awesome too. I think we should do it. I think we should, Dian, I mean not in lieu of going to Vegas.
Speaker 2: No, but the no, sorry, if you won, we're canceling. We're gonna do U magic with people you've never heard of.
Speaker 3: A the A lot of people are as we heard about Brian and Peter. They are saying, oh, I've seen them, They're great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh no, I brely. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think more people know Las Vegas than Peter would.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. But I want to do it. Line seven, Chris and I got to get you Vegas.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are also like, where the hell is the nine o'clock giveaway?
Speaker 1: It's coming, It's coming. Hi, Ellie in the morning.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is Chris. You guys were looking for some local magicians and I got a bunch of calls staying to call in.
Speaker 1: Are you good?
Speaker 5: I hope?
Speaker 4: So it is what I do. I'm actually in Philly right now working for a company up here.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, like, did you get hired to do like a corporate gig?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my that's my actual, my main thing.
Speaker 1: Good for you. What kind of magician are you?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm a mentalist. My actually went to college and got a degree in behavioral analysis, right and well, actually it's just a behavioral psyche major. And so I go and I train people on perception and negotiation. But I also will always throw a show in there too to kind of show off some of that stuff, which is half of it's real, half of it's bs. But it's fun to like mix the two and make them question what's real it's not.
Speaker 1: Two things.
Speaker 2: Number One, do you get hired for a lot of like bachelor, bachelorette, twenty somethings, birthday parties?
Speaker 1: Like have you seen a huge uptick in that? Dude?
Speaker 4: I bet because O's which I think you were talking about earlier, the guy who does all the football, Yeah, I think he made. Plus he's doing the White House correspondent to dinner, so he's like making it, really putting it on the map. So I've gotten some requests over the years for some of the weirdest stuff, even like I'm not even joking. I had a newdest colony reach out one time and asked me to do something I.
Speaker 1: Did not do it. Wait, did you have to be naked? Dude?
Speaker 4: I probably was a blackmail operation. And I'm not making this up. I really did get like an email asking about that. That was That was a weird one. And then of course i' back when I was younger, I got some bacheorette requests and stuff, but not as much anymore.
Speaker 1: That's cool, that's cool. Yeah, I think we're going to put something together. I think it would be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, well it's really it's really popping right now.
Speaker 1: Now is the time people love this stuff.
Speaker 2: That mental like the mentalist stuff has become really really popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man.
Speaker 4: You know when you could try with the with your audience is if you just have everybody that's listening just quickly in their minds just think of a vegetable, but don't say that loud, something something that pops in mind.
Speaker 1: Quick. Wait we're doing what now? We're doing what?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait, just okay, hold on, hold on, hold on, I wasn't ready. Okay, you want me.
Speaker 2: To think everybody, everybody listening needs to think of.
Speaker 4: Something, Yeah, think of a vegetable, just quickly in your mind as a quick vegetable.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 4: And this is just a cool showcase of the psychology here because of our culture. The first one, most people are going to have a broccoli pop in their mind. But that's not what I'm going for. I'm curious how many listeners were thinking of a carrot when I said think of a vegetable. You're going to get sixty four percent of any audience is going to think of one of those two vegetables either broccoli or carrot, and so may not affect you if that's not all what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: But no, I remember Ruini saw yeah, Bukini yeah. I said, so you got me. All right, dude, hey, I appreciate it. Thank you, my friend, thank you, sir. All right, let's agree we're going to do something.
Speaker 3: The worst part was I first was like, broccoli, No, that's too obvious. Karrot, damn it.
Speaker 1: I went zucchini. I went, honestly, my first one was cauliflower. But then I didn't know if that was a vegetable. I thought.
Speaker 3: Q cumbrany was like, he's definitely gonna guess that.
Speaker 1: No, by the way, he didn't get it. He got one.
Speaker 3: He actually got both of mine and only said to think of one, right,