Speaker 1: All right, it is a mojo in the morning. Almost the weekend, busy weekend in store for everybody. We were talking earlier this morning a little bit about that cav You got a weekend in store. You're actually planning, and this is cool. You're planning something big that's going to be happening this summer. Yeah, and this weekend you're getting some of the final pieces together for this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a group of friends shut up, my boy Kuwaiku and my boy JG. Back in twenty eighteen, we threw a kind of like a small ish music festival in a place called idle Wild, Michigan, which is up north, maybe about two and a half hours from where we are, and some things happen whatever. But this year we are bringing it back. So we're doing the return of idlewa and we've been planning this adult retreat slash music festival. It'll have like water sports, it'll have like real estate opportunity, it'll have music, games, fun all the and we've been planning it for I would say about four or five months at this point, and it's taking place in July. I believe it's July twenty six through whatever. That Sunday is so a Thursday to Sunday thing theme?
Speaker 1: Is this just a group of guys getting together and doing something or is it like an event that people buy them theirselves into.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so, it'll be an event that people can matter. Yeah, people are going to be able to buy tickets. So be able to buy tickets, and it's like a weekend. I mean you can either buy like a day pass and come up if you just want to hit the concert and buy about with the vendors and the food and alcohol and the weed and all of that.
Speaker 3: And I know I'm not the only one thinking it it's Giving Fire festival.
Speaker 4: Why would it be Giving Fire.
Speaker 3: I don't know, just a concert put on by some Not that nothing's wrong with you, Kevin, but like it's not a big corporation or a backed company putting this on.
Speaker 2: Well that's said that you got to be a big back corporation in order for people to believe in you. But hopefully people don't hear this and immediately turn their nose to it because it's not sponsored by boost Mobi or miss you Bishi in the morning.
Speaker 1: Every but it could be sponsored by them if yeah, for sure, absolutely so.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you want to go look at the website. It's return of Idelwild dot Com. We ain't even like really yeah, I mean, we ain't even really put it out out yet, but the website is up. So I mean, if y'all want to go look, y'all can go check it out. Turn how do you sell id I D L E W I L D. So what does idlewild mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, words have loud. I don't know if I to define it. It's like detrait, you know what I mean. It's a city. This is legit the city. Yeah, the city is out of wold. And that's why I said it's an Idlewild Michigan.
Speaker 3: I take back the Fire Festival. You already have more done than them on this website.
Speaker 2: It's okay, knowledge helps I get it. But yeah, so we it's gonna happen in July. But so this weekend, when I leave the show, I'm going up there because we're you know, doing our walk throughs of our locations and all that kind of stuff, getting everything finalizing in order. But the festival again isn't until July. So of course I was gonna put my time in because that week of the festival I'm gonna be up there getting everything, you know together on the actual grounds. But all of a sudden, I get an email request from our wonderful Chris Carson who says that one of our biggest events of the year up in Gordon's Chevrolet, when we do Mojo's Cars Cash and Gas giveaway, is the very Friday that I need to be up in Idawa. So immediately I'm like, dog, how terrible of timing is that the one weekend of the year I'm throwing this festival is the same weekend we having this event. So I guess I'm gonna have to figure something out man and drive back so I can be present Friday morning and in drive back up to idlewhile so I can end the weekend the right way.
Speaker 3: That's dedication.
Speaker 1: We'll get this site. This is a This is way better than Firefight. Why would you say that there is even fire festival when you see this thing. This is like when you talk about a professional thing, very professional. You're actually one of the people that that will be sponsoring this and putting it on.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I'm part of the team.
Speaker 2: My boy JG and Kuwaiku round out the three of us that are putting this together.
Speaker 3: And tickets are not expensive. It says like twenty eight dollars, twenty dollars fifty cents.
Speaker 2: The food looks good if well, I mean, depending upon what package you have. So we want to provide a camping experience, so to speak. So people can either buy a tint and you know it'll have your your seat, your betting area in there. You don't got to bring away cuts and all that kind of stuff. So it's a it's a weekend. If you buy a weekend pass, it got food included, you get your drinks and flooded that whole thing, all the concert, water sports, all that.
Speaker 1: Come. Look at you in the tent. There's a picture of you in the tent, and we're looking at it right now. So wait, wait, wait, wait, hold on a second. I'll got to ask this question. Am I not invited to something like that? If you want to, I've just put it. Well, no, I'm looking you're trying to sleep now, I'm looking at the pictures. There's not a white guy in this place.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, you go most country clubs, is probably not a black guy in there. Sure they'll take you.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering though, I come to it absolutely, if you pay, If you pay your money pull up right.
Speaker 1: So wait, so you said this is the same week as the Cars, Cash and Gas Finale. Yeah, So would that mean that when we play, because we always do a throwback throw down at the end, would it be that Tony would have to fill in for you, kind of like how he did for Mike last year.
Speaker 2: No, well, I mean I don't want to miss it, you know what I mean, Like I said, this is one of the bigger moments of our show throughout the year, and I feel like, you know, attendance, you know isn't mandatory, but it's you know, cordially required. So it's one of them things I definitely don't want to miss and I want to pull up for I'm just have to do what I can to make it here and then make it back in time to fulfill those obligations as well.
Speaker 1: How long is Idle Wild from Uh, it's a half hours. Oh my god, that's coming. You don't have to do that, that's no, no, no no. But I'm what I'm saying is like, you know, can't we move the date of the Gordon Chevrolet Grand Finale, Lydia? Can we move it like a week or something.
Speaker 3: I can talk to the team and see if we can.
Speaker 4: That would be great.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest with you, I would rather that HAVEV not you know, ruining his big moment here. But also, this is kind of a little vacation for you too, right, this is like you're taking vacation time.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I mean I'm treat Yeah, I'm not going to be relaxing so much like you know, I'm not a participant. I'm gonna be up there trying to make sure that the people who paid they money to come are are the ones that's relaxing.
Speaker 1: I did not know. Idle Wild, Michigan is a is a It says here. What does it say? It says historic Black resort town. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So back in the nineteen early nineteen hundred, specifically like around nineteen twelve, when black people didn't have a lot of spaces to go to and feel welcomed and appreciated, Idawua, Michigan was that place, specifically Idlewild, this beach resort and Paradise Paradise area. Aretha Franklin, James Brown, the BDB, the voice like a bunch of people will go up there and this will be their opportunity to feel love, seeing appreciated and community.
Speaker 4: I love seeing and respected them. So how did we want to bring that back?
Speaker 3: Get the idea to do this? Like, truly, I had no idea that it was this put together? This is amazing. What made you guys want to do this?
Speaker 2: I think I think your dad might have said yesterday, like if you want to arm somebody with something, arm them with knowledge. And I think once we started to understand what Idlewow was, because we had to educate ourselves. It's not something that was in the books, not something that was taught, you know, to us. I'll cast did a movie called Idlewow and it was kind of ish made on this, but it wasn't at all shot at Idlewow. And then just starting to understand more of you know, our history and what we're connected to. It was like, Okay, not only am my knowledgeable about this new area, but how can I be a part of this new area. How can we celebrate this new area and enlighten other people to come up there, purchase property and become aware of it.
Speaker 1: I like this and I think we should move our date. I call for you know how they do resolutions I would like to call for a vote on this. I would like to.
Speaker 3: Would you like us to do a life broadcast for mital while.
Speaker 2: Do we have do we have the capabilities to even do it at co America.
Speaker 1: Park for over That would be fun though, That would honestly, that would be a really fun thing. Although I don't know how much of you I would even have time to do something like that. If you're putting a whole event on and you're the main guy. What'd you want to say? Antoinette, Hey, I just.
Speaker 5: Wanted to say what a great job Kevin is doing. Idlewild is such an important part of Black history and there's so many many of us trying to bring it back, just spread knowledge about it. And I think, you know, providing art is a way of educating, in a way of getting people together and spreading knowledge.
Speaker 3: So I'm just really.
Speaker 5: Proud of you, Kevin. I love the idea. I will definitely be getting a group together to come and support. And I'm a local politician, so I definitely want to bring more knowledge to the event.
Speaker 1: What do you do you where are your politician?
Speaker 5: Macome County. I'm a county commissioner.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool and your name is Antoinette.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's what at Wallace. I'm one of the first black female county commissioners.
Speaker 2: Hang hang on the line real quick Lydia. If you can't, can you get information from me? Connect with you when we get out. Yeah, kind of appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys. Have a great day you too.
Speaker 1: Take care hold one secon. Jessica, do you remember when we would do the trips to Canadian Lakes where we would give away We gave away Mojo's lakehouse up at Canadian Lakes. It was like a couple like summer or so ago. Jessica from there says. Idle Wild is literally in our Canadian Lakes neck of the woods. And Kevin welcome. We're gonna have some fun if you want to come over towards us. Okay, I like it, So that's cool. Let's see here. Skip is on the phone with us right now. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Skip?
Speaker 1: What's going on? How you doing? Bud?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 6: You've touched on it a little bit, but I was looking at the website when you guys was talking about it.
Speaker 4: Cav can a season cracker like myself.
Speaker 1: Pull up there.
Speaker 3: Season.
Speaker 4: As long as you got some.
Speaker 1: I'm white, but I'm not that white.
Speaker 4: As long as you got some season bro, come.
Speaker 1: On, Oh I'm seasoned. It looks fun, doesn't it. Did you do at that website? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was looking at the website because an it was like, you know, it's talking about the fire things.
Speaker 1: I was like, let me check this out. I was like, oh, look at keV. I was like and instantly I was like, man, I was like, this is heaven for me.
Speaker 4: Come on, broll, we'll be announcing heart is soon.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Hold on, mo, what's up?
Speaker 3: Mo?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 6: Mo?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 6: Though? Good morning?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Not much?
Speaker 1: Nothing much.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to call the teale keV. Great job. I've been going up to Idlewild, Michigan since like nineteen eighty six doing deer hunting season. Okay, so we got a crib up there in over forty acres, So, keV, I'd definitely be up there. This is more unique.
Speaker 1: I'll definitely be up.
Speaker 6: There in July.
Speaker 2: More unique, my man, July twenty third through the twenty six. And I see you there the website.
Speaker 1: No doubt.
Speaker 6: I shot you at DM two.
Speaker 4: Okay, Ben.
Speaker 1: The website is no doctor, but the.
Speaker 6: Great work, y'all. S all, y'all at the Mojo in the Morning show, Beyon here Lydia Shinnon mojo Ah, y'all.
Speaker 1: Turn of idlewild dot com, Return of Idylwild dot Com. And I, because I have naming rights of Mojo in the Morning, I say we move the event date. So come on, let's just move it. Are you good with that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know you got to talk to Mike Angel and get some things going.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we can. Please, let's do it. Because I didn't realize this, and actually we when we planned the dates, do we I don't even remember did we say as everybody got a free moment? We probably should have done that off the air, but that's we Uh. Sometimes I don't even realize it. But it's funny because I know exactly Cav's feeling, because like, my son's getting married at the end of the year, and all I keep thinking of is conflicts with the break, honoring Christmas wish and all the rest of that stuff. So but we have lives, and I think our lives should play priority over you know, certain things that we have at the radio station. Right, So this is cool and it it is grabbing onto a lot of people, a lot of people going to that site.