Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's.
Speaker 2: Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. Don't hide the snake can see you.
Speaker 3: Gong Mi Yukes s Petros and Money AM five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Not a lot uh schedule talk to get to because the play by play is on hiatus. No Clipper games for a while. The All Star break has arrived. Dodger spring training does not start until a week from Saturday. We will have that game against the Angels right here on A five seven LA Sports, your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers pitchers and catchers have reported workouts have the gun and David Vassi has hit the ten and his end route to Camelback Ranch as we speak schedule.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Tim Kates will have Dodger talk tonight. Tim Kates at seven o'clock will get you the pictures and carouser rut shows.
Speaker 4: I'll see im baseball.
Speaker 2: Rycause everybody timk.
Speaker 1: Not only Tim Kates, will have everything you need. Dave Roberts has spoken some emotional stuff obviously from the Vesia family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of reaction tonight from the first day, guys, a lot of reaction. We're for o Tawi as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that is at seven o'clock and we look forward to that one.
Speaker 2: At show Tony say or do Well.
Speaker 4: Show, he threw on the backfields in front of a large crouch of Dodger fans who are already out there today, which is great to see, and then he spoke to the media about how he's feeling the start of spring training. They was asked about the speech in New York that he did in all English for a half so well you'll hear from Showy tonight at seven o'clock. Dave Roberts and Alex Vessia.
Speaker 1: So we will have that at seven o'clock and the first spring training game on the station. As we keep saying, February twenty first, a week from tomorrow on AM five seventy, we'll have a week of coverage. And Monday is President's Day, right, but we will be Yes, we have a four hour show on President's Day, so don't forget that at three o'clock, and today is a full Petros and Money show on a frog Man Fridayman, when beholding the train, quote beauty and brilliance of the ocean skin, Frogman, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it and would not willingly remember that this velvet palm but conceals a remorseless.
Speaker 5: Pain Frogman Frogmen on the.
Speaker 2: Petrelson Money Show.
Speaker 1: We also celebrate the greatness of the one and only Mike Nelson, a character molded indelibly into our memories by a great actor by the name of Lloyd Bridges. There is no one better than Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson, the King of the Sea in Sea Hunt.
Speaker 6: Well, that solves our mystery.
Speaker 7: Hey, sure looks like the box of an octopists, all right, what an octopist never attacks.
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: I know it's got a pretty bad reputation, but at least in my experience, it's just not aggressive.
Speaker 2: You ever tangled with one, No, they've never bothered me. You see the marks. It couldn't be anything else.
Speaker 1: What else would it be other than a cupping from a massage therapist that you have to pay for, Todd lights and.
Speaker 2: Tina Rule thirteen to five. What are you nuts? We still got to take that Florida man. You know what that's like? These days? You got the Navy everywhere, You got frogmen, you got the EC two's with the satellite trackies, you got the Spell two nine as salt choppers up the ass frog men loosing one out of every nine loads. That's no duck walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable?
Speaker 1: Dieter Roll, the greatest organists that ever lived with Sealer.
Speaker 4: Buk manuk Man.
Speaker 8: You know you're, oh, you you know you're.
Speaker 6: You know you're.
Speaker 1: Let the quest for a three peat begin today on the Petro sand Money Show into Dodger Talk featuring our executive producer, the one and only Tim kats I would also like to commend all of us us in studio here in the world of great sports.
Speaker 2: Talk, great sports Talk, that we have survived.
Speaker 1: One week of Fred Rogan in studio, one week of Fred Rogan's return to the station, because the Olympics are being covered on his Palm Springs NBC affiliate where he works, I would say, Matt, other than a few awkward exchanges, it could have been a lot worse personally.
Speaker 3: Personally, I have not run into Fred. I will not run into Fred. I'll be out of town the next couple of weeks, and I've heard However, you know, take from this what you will is he and I have not crossed paths. I heard us really enjoying it. You know, maybe maybe he's gonna make a permanent return to the studio. Do you think he really wants to make a go of it. I think he wants told. Yeah, I think he wants to make a gom here grew for Cleveland High.
Speaker 2: I think he.
Speaker 3: I think he's really taken to it, like, Hey, this studio thing, doing the show with Ronnie on the other side of the glass, and Kevin figures here to come in during the breaks and chat about how the show's going. And maybe what we should be doing and what we're not doing.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: I got a very good I don't crack. He's the under pressure idea of what was going on between Rogan and Rodney on Monday. And then when I came back on Tuesday and tried to figure it out even more, I ran into a stone wall of silence. As you know, Matt, you were here for that.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It was silence like a cancer grows, Simon and Garfunckel style.
Speaker 1: And I didn't get any more information regarding the relations between Ronnie, our own Ronnie Fossio and the once estranged prodigal sun of sports talk radio here in southern California. Fred wrote again, and I don't know if Ronnie is happy.
Speaker 2: Or Matt.
Speaker 1: If you could, and I know you'll notice, but for our listeners, if you could understand the minor nuances, I don't know if Ronnie is set weekend and I'm not, you know, Matt. I i'd been burned my skillet on the stove. I put my hand on the stove and asked Ronnie about it on Tuesday, and I got burned hard.
Speaker 2: Do you think I'm gonna do it again?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: So so, I'm not sure. But as far as what about you Kates, are you willing to speak on the subject.
Speaker 4: I'll talk about Fred. I saw Fred.
Speaker 2: How did your week with Fred? Did you have interaction?
Speaker 4: Well, I get it here way earlier than you guys, and I see.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're there the whole day and we're never here.
Speaker 4: Well, I see Fred every day this week, and it was good to see Fred. And sometimes we talked and other times it was just a head nod, you know, hey, I see you, I see you kind of a thing, and uh, that was it. But you know, good spirits from Fred. I think I would jump on board with your theory there, Petros, and that Fred is liking being back.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, Matt, I want credit for my theory.
Speaker 4: I apologize. That's that's my fault. I think you're right.
Speaker 2: I mean, not run into him at all and not having spoken a word to him. My theory is here.
Speaker 4: I think I think he is enjoying seeing people and smelling people, and being around people and.
Speaker 2: Being smelling people that's can't you smell that smell?
Speaker 4: But being around people again, soaking it in every day I.
Speaker 1: Walk in here. And here's how Fred's Cologne hits me. It's either him or the Duke of Sports.
Speaker 4: Fred has dialed it back this week, and I think something was said to him or he got the note. However he got the message, it was received and it does not smell anymore. But so good that Fred. Great to have him back. Hopefully the Olympics comes around sooner than the next four years.
Speaker 2: Well it will be in two years. Oh okay, that's summer ones then, and.
Speaker 1: That'll be the summer Olympics here in Los Angeles. That's going to be quite a to do. We got a lot of work to do. We got a lot of dishes to wash between then and now.
Speaker 3: Why and you got the new outlet, the California Post. They might want a piece of Fred Rogan, you know, hearing that he's hire John cole belt right.
Speaker 1: And they and they hired Shannon Farrin to at least do commercials for him exactly. So I don't see why they wouldn't hire Fred Rogan. He seems ripe for the picking almost almost and this is a swipe at his age.
Speaker 2: Overly ripe.
Speaker 1: Now, Ronnie, I think that you're I would imagine that Ronnie is maintaining his silence on the Rogan issue because I haven't heard him chime in.
Speaker 3: You just said you weren't going to put yourself out there, and now you haven't put just going to be here.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just saying I'm taking this silence as the same. Uh, just a an absolute a shutting down of the information active grades to.
Speaker 4: Be scared sports talk. Ask him again, what could happen? You get burned again?
Speaker 2: Personally? Yeah, personally, I'll get burned and build.
Speaker 3: Up callouses on those hands. All right, Well, we got a four hour show today, Kate. I'm still not need him getting burned in minute number eleven.
Speaker 4: Right, put him in a good mood for the next three hours and forties.
Speaker 1: And hey, you know what, maybe that I've had a few days, I think of what Ronnie's doing, you know, not piling on Fred, who's clearly a wounded animal. I think what maybe Ronnie's doing could be perceived by some as a class move. It's a classy move, you know. Ronnie sees that Fred is now after bludgeting Fred on Monday, he sees that Fred needs a personal standing eight count here at the station, and he's not going to pile on anybody have any reaction.
Speaker 4: I think that's I think that's accurate. Good job by you, Petros. I think Ronnie is there with bandages trying to wound him back to health here and nurse him, nurse him back to health.
Speaker 2: I think you.
Speaker 4: I think that's a good call by you.
Speaker 2: Both.
Speaker 4: You guys are spot on today. Both of you guys are spot on about this Fred Rogan thing.
Speaker 2: I like being spot on. I think Ronnie's having his Ronald McDonald miller moment, cools nerds your side, my side. It's all bully, it's just tough enough to be yourself. It's hard enough to do sports talk.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: You know where I sit in the studio, Matt, and it doesn't change when you're not here. So I can see Ronnie's hands, and his hands are doing like a phishing motion, like over the whole, like your fish behind fishing for information right, And I don't know. It could be that he's referring to Fred and Rodney's big fishing trip coming up and maybe they've made solidified a date on that, and maybe that's why he's not talking about them. But he's doing a fishing thing, So that would I would assume that means he doesn't. You know, he doesn't want it.
Speaker 2: He don't want you fishing in his private post, right.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to come out and play right. But I do feel like after Monday, it was fair to ask the question. And I do feel once again like my two hands, much like Johnny Tremaine, have been burned and welded and now I'm in a great deal of pain. So going forward on the radio show, we will have Don McClain in the hour here and in our final hour to talk about basketball. He is live from Oregon, as he has spent a great deal of time in the Pacific Northwest, and I believe because of David Vassay's trip up north or excuse me, to the desert, we are not going to have any other guest.
Speaker 6: So that is that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been told that David Vassay is out of pocket today travel day for Vassay.
Speaker 1: So one thing though, to keep an eye on, Matt if you'd like to continue to is the girl fight tonight. Basketball aggression that continues to go on. What I wanted yesterday has finally shown up today in the form of the well last night late in the form of the Tarik Fetelle Sports illustrated report on what happened between Dorsey High School and the City Playoffs and Downtown Magnet Sons in that playoff game. Did you see the final report, Matt or you too busy getting ready for the tour?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The world? You're supposed to say, what tour? Matt, I'm sorry, what tour? The world tour? I did not see it.
Speaker 3: I was under the impression that once Fatel did not meet our timeline that.
Speaker 2: We were going to issue the story.
Speaker 3: We needed to chew the story. I would have Sason like, hey, you got to work on our schedule, not on your own.
Speaker 2: I was trying to do that, and I was trying to bully Fatel into our schedule.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, with Ronnie's defiance here in the first segment, much like we ran into on Tuesday, I have to pivot to Fatel that we can no longer have that kind of attitude toward the tardy nature of the release of his story about the Dorsey High player that attacked the ref in the City Playoffs just a couple nights ago. As a recurring theme in the Petros and Money Basketball Aggression twenty twenty six Series.
Speaker 3: Twelve, is he did he not post it on Twitter. I went to his Twitter feed. It's not he posted it on the Sports Illustrated dot com.
Speaker 1: So what had happened was this Dorsey player, senior playing in the playoffs, fighting for his basketball life, gets fouled, removed from the game because he's a starter and they're trying to save him. And on the way to the bench he said something to the referee. He got teed up. That is his fifth foul. As Tim Kates liked to say, Boom, you're out of here. So then Dorsey ends up losing the game. A few minutes later, to downtown Magnet's High School, home of the Sons Magnets, it's the Suns. I told you yesterday, Suns. So they lose. The kid goes up to the RAF and starts to harass the ref like gets what you would say, gets in the ref's face is how you would say it. The ref not by that takes a dive, so the ref goes down and that's where the one video that I saw yesterday started. The ref on his back like a turtle that's been pushed over. Did the player touch him and then he went down or it didn't, Well, you know, maybe he touched him, but you know there was you know, he was in his face. It looked like the ref took a fall. There was no liver punch in there anything that I saw. I almost want to get Sammy Long or calling ye on to break it down, because it got really interesting from there. Then a bunch of people come to the ref's aid and to the kid's aid really to try to get him out of this bad situation he's created, and they pull the kid away from the ref, but the young man persists. The ref gets up, and the kid runs up on the refs and starts throwing a flurry of well three punches really, but a really nice look in combination the ref, who moments earlier looked as if he was crippled or unable to get up. Suddenly his body comes to life. He ducks a punch, slips another punch, throws a retaliatory jab as he's moving backwards. Just an amazing moment, and it was all caught by the cameras and.
Speaker 3: The multiple angles on the on the video. No wonder if Fateel needed to take a minute, you got drawing on the screen circling the participants. Bang up jobs kid, great breakdown. This kid figured, this is my last basketball game ever. I'm going all out. When he saw the ref take a fall, I think he was very strange fall. Yeah, he described it perfectly. He was further inflamed when he saw the ref take a fall. Then he said, you know what, I'm gonna throw my patented one two three combo at this fat raf. And then suddenly the fat raf became Michael Moore and slipped a bunchet like Duck the punch and then I mean, I looked pretty spry all of a sudden, and there was like backing up and like bouncing around like Apollo Creed, and it was just a very interesting moment. So, yeah, aggression. The young man put his right hand on the raft to try to slow him down to continue the argument, and that's when he was just like, f this man, I'm diving Koopa Troopers style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he took a fall, but when he pops up, he looks like a man who really knows how to fight. Yeah, he doesn't know how to fight. That's why I told him he used to fight.
Speaker 1: And also, last night, Matt, one of my favorite schools, Coastal Carolina, the Chanticleers, got into a fight with the raging Caguns. Four technical fouls called after pushing and shoving, and I've seen more pushing in the in the men's room. That is a lot of basketball aggression here to start twenty twenty six.
Speaker 7: Fuck it, he's got four and now he's got action on the floor. As Jorian finished her had a collision with Rashid Jones and then Finister had something to say to him while he was down on the floor. It's been a really physical game. Now you saw the pick that Dorian Finister tried to throw. Who it was from the shots that made the collision but then finished stood over the shot, declare player and that's something you never wanted to know you.
Speaker 5: That started the physicality.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good was that Colonel Sam.
Speaker 5: Gives the Showily that started the physicality.
Speaker 7: Is now the physicology the cler player and that's something you never wanted to leave.
Speaker 2: When Jones comes in and it gives the show.
Speaker 5: Initially that started the physicality.
Speaker 1: When he removed his glove and slapped him. You knew there would be a duel outside of the Citadels.
Speaker 2: Anyway. We do cover basketball aggression here on The Patterson Money Show.
Speaker 3: It's almost like a self fulfilling prophecy, like they know we're covering it and now they want to feed the beast.
Speaker 1: And it feels like they know that we're covering it locally, right, and then they also know that we're covering it nationally.
Speaker 3: Because of the iHeartRadio app, you can listen anywhere on Earth, and it could be just a signal in that app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it could have been they got a sniff of that aggression of that combat on Monday listening to the Midday show.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, they say everything is starts at the top, and you know, these kids mimic what they see with professionals, and that's why you gotta be careful as a professional. You know, you're a role model, as Charles Barkley said, he didn't want to be. But it started in the NBA, and it's trickled down down to college in the high.
Speaker 1: School lee, that's right, and who knows what's going to happen at the youth levels this weekend. Oh gosh, gerdiar loins, everybody get ready for a fight coming today and we'll return with more great sports talk on this frog Man Friday.
Speaker 2: We're all here.
Speaker 1: Don McClain is going to join us next. We're never going to know how that fight ended up between Fred and Rodney. We're gonna never gonna know what the conclusion.
Speaker 2: Was between Fred and Ronnie or Rodney or ron had a fight too? No Ronnie. Oh, I got excited. I was like, did I miss one?
Speaker 1: No, that's originally when the fight happened. I think it was Social Matt who said Ronnie really got after Fred today, And I said Rodney and Fred. He said no, Ronnie. So I guess we'll have the weekend to cool off. Don McClaine coming up next. More Petrosen Money on M five seventy.
Speaker 2: This is Petro Send money to man, demand.
Speaker 3: Petro saying money AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, no play by play, Clippers on All Star Break, and our first spring training game from the Dodgers will be a week from tomorrow. So a lot of great sports talk to carry you through the weekend here on your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: And joining us right now on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity hotline.
Speaker 2: A man who always tells the truth. A man who spent a.
Speaker 1: Good amount of time in the Northwest this year, sometime extending his stay, moving through the fog and the cold, shipping on full body beers and wines. He is the leading scorer in the history of the Pac twelve. He should be afforded that luxury and UCLA here to discuss the NBA. A guy that never stayed in the game unnecessarily to get a triple double. The baron of Box Canyon, the one and only Don McClean from FS one, Big Ten Network, CIA, and our correspondent right here in Great Sports. He's on your Southern California. Tell you to a celebrity hotline. Hello, Don, how are you?
Speaker 6: You got it right?
Speaker 2: Pete?
Speaker 6: Greetings from the Sweet Cheeks Winery in the South Willamette Valley.
Speaker 2: How's that? How's that juice in the wilambit these days?
Speaker 6: Don?
Speaker 2: How's it going out there?
Speaker 6: Well, I haven't got it started yet. I'm waiting till I finished with you guys, and then I will be in there and I'll let you know how it goes. But these Sweet Cheeks Winery, South Willammett Valley, I.
Speaker 1: Heard that they a lot of the glasses that they serve there are with a wine there and have holes in them, so you want to look.
Speaker 2: Out for that.
Speaker 6: Ironically, Ironically, getting off the elevator to get into our uber to come here, there's a guy and his son in the elevator and he literally said, I love you on Petros and money.
Speaker 2: Wow, sweet cheeks forever. We got the sweetest cheeks in the city.
Speaker 1: Now, Dona, UCLA and Michigan going at it tomorrow morning early Evil goateed a die mara on a top five Michigan team and are scrappy Bruins gonna gonna clash? What do you think's gonna happen? And that Michigan looks like a pretty good team, a big dan out, pretty good conference there.
Speaker 6: I think Michigan's best team in the country. I think I've told you guys that I think that'll play out. That doesn't mean they're gonna win a national championship, but just you look at their roster and just how many different ways they can play big, small, athletic, non athletic along. I just wonder though, and I thought about that, like, what where's Mar's head head at going into that game? Is he mad at Ucla? Is he mad at Mick Cronin? Is there nothing there is? UCLA like gonna play more motivated because Mara went to Michigan. I think it'll be interesting to see how that plays out tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: That no doubt a big one win there, and you almost feel like they punched their ticket into the tournament. But probably like the next two that I would guess don they do. They have to split between Michigan State in East Lancing in Illinois at home, Like these are their three big ones back to back to back where they can really do some damage to their resume to punch their ticket to the tournament.
Speaker 6: I would say, Matt, I always look at it the other way, like cause I think UCLA is in right now, and I think most people have them in. It's like you can't go zero to three because now the conversation starts. What does it do to your metrics? And so I think if they could win at least one of these next three, they're for sure in. I don't think anyone's going to talk about it anymore. The interesting thing it will be if they only win one, which is the one, because all three are tough, I mean Illinois at home. But even still, Illinois is really really talented, really good. So I think that's the job for UCLA is Look, and I know they don't think this way. Everybody wants to win every game, but they have to win at least one of these next three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I sorry to jump in there, don but then you know, the thing becomes the tournament, right, I mean the Big Ten Tournament. Every team makes it. It starts on Tuesday, it runs through freaking Saturday.
Speaker 2: Is is that you know?
Speaker 3: Because you hear about football and it's like, oh, the conference championship hurts more than it helps. Does the Big Ten Tournament hurt more than it helps? Or does it help more than it hurts? Because you've got a lot of really good teams that you're probably capable of running into as early as the second round.
Speaker 6: Well, I think if you're talking about the top level teams Matt like Michigan, Illinois, Nebraska, those teams that are fighting for one to two and three seeds, yeah, that can only hurt them the conference tournament. But if you're talking about teams like SC, UCLA, you know, Ohio State, Wisconsin, those teams they can help themselves if you knock off one of those top teams. It can really improve your net in your resume. But to me, for UCLA, the goal from here on out in the regular season is get into the top eight. So now you get a double by you only have to win four games to win the whole thing instead of five or six if you play on Tuesday. So I think if UCLA can can win one of these next three, secure a time each seed in the Big ten tournament. Now you've got a chance to help yourself in that tournament.
Speaker 2: What's the weather like in the Willamette this fine day, Don.
Speaker 6: It was beautiful yesterday sun was out sixty. Today sun not out but about low fifties. But this view I'm standing out here that you have, like this deck out here, it's a view of this huge valley. I'm gonna send you guys a picture. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'd love to see it now, Don.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago in the All Star Game, they had that light up floor with all kinds of stuff on it, and they're gonna do it now for the Big twelve Tournament. They're going to have a big light up floor and there's gonna be all kinds of stuff on it. I mean, I remember when Oregon painted their floor and it was a big, weird controversy and now it's kind of been amended a little bit. But I mean, you're a basketball player and you train high level basketball guys. Does it distract people running around on that stuff?
Speaker 2: Is that a problem? Or is it all good?
Speaker 6: Or I would say this, So, so the Matt Knight court was different, and so there's a lot of conversation about it. But if if nothing's moving, it doesn't matter. But this is just me as a former as a player, a former player. If I was playing on that court, I would fake an injury and leave the game like that. It would have really really bothered me. It would have like all that distraction moving around you're trying to concentrate make shots. It's it's really a dumb idea, it really is. And I'm not sure what like what they're getting out of it. Like the fans at home are like, wow, the court's blinking, like they don't care. They want to watch a good game, And so I don't. I don't like that stuff. And I think everyone's different. Some guys maybe doesn't bother but that would that would have really really distracted me.
Speaker 3: Lenardi, who doesn't know nearly as much as you do about college basketball, but he's got a wonderful platform, just posted his bracketology. Don tell me agree, disagree? Sounds about right. His one seeds are Michigan, Arizona, Yukon, and Duke. He's got UCLA as one of the last four buys as a ten seed against NC State, and USC sits in the last four in with San Diego State, Missouri, and Texas.
Speaker 6: Yeah that sc loss the other night, heard them. I mean, you know, look, Ohio State might get in, but they probably needed to win that game there at the point where they need to win the because they're there. I think their nets like fifty or forty nine something like that, and that's not really a lot to get in the tournament with a net that high, So they got some more to do. So all that sounds about right to me what you just said. But I think USC really they have the talent. We don't know about Baker Mazar what his status is, but they have Illinois on Wednesday, so they have a huge opportunity to help themselves.
Speaker 1: Live from the Sweet Cheeks Winery in the Wallabt Valley, it is don McClain joining us on the petros and Money showing he's about to get up.
Speaker 2: In their cheeks once this interview.
Speaker 8: So to.
Speaker 2: The Clippers, I mean, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: They traded their whole team off and and Kawhi's out there leading them, and they still have the ability to beat people, and they're going to probably get above five hundred after the All Star break, at least that's what we think here on the Petrosen Money Show. Matt and I and are Collective Mind has proclaimed that. So does it surprise you that they just keep seeming to to sort of overcome all this despite ending Chris Paul's career.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it is surprising, but I think it's surprising only because of the start they had and how bad they were. And who knows, if they didn't have that horrible start, would they have done the moves they did at the deadline. We don't know that. But to me, and I'm not saying this for any other reason than I've been around it for a long time, you continue to win, and let's say they stay in the play in and even if they win a plane and they get into the real playoffs, you're still in the middle, you're not contending, and so I think that's what they're setting up for by getting rid of hard and getting rid of some of these salaries as they are setting up build. And that means that Clipper fans probably aren't going to see the playoffs for a number of years. But that's what you have to do. It's watching this league for as long as we all have. The worst thing you can do is keep trying to add pieces, but yet you're still the seven, six, five seed every year and you're nowhere near winning a championship. Because that's the goal, is winning the whole thing, and so if you got to strip it down and start over, that's what you got to do, and it seems to me that's what the Clippers are likely going to do.
Speaker 3: I apologize, don I am easily distracted. So when I heard something as compelling as a winery called sweet Cheeks, I had to do a bit of a dive here. And while they have a glorious sound. The ninety one point twenty twenty one Sarah with notes of toasted ceedar, white pepper and vanilla. You mentioned it's in the sixties out there, and might I recommend the twenty twenty four. Rosy cheeks, the perfect wine when you need a burst of sunshine, harmonious flavors of melon and berries. That to me, screams Don McClain.
Speaker 2: Rose.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I haven't looked at the ben. I haven't looked at the menu yet. I do know that they don't have a cab so that's a problem. But what they do have is some beer selection, so I may go that route.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know the rose is there.
Speaker 6: Let the wife hit the wines, all hit the beers and everyone's happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rose could be for Brooke. Don.
Speaker 1: What about the Lakers in their situation here at the All Star break?
Speaker 2: I know Lebron really wanted that triple double.
Speaker 6: Dope, Yeah he did. Yeah, he wanted that triple double. And you know what, and I've said this forever on your show, he's he's earned the right to do kind of whatever he wants in the league, and if he wants a triple double at this stage of his career, let him have it. The good news is they want. I hate it when guys go for things like that when they're losing the game, so at least they were winning the game. Go for it, get your triple double. You've earned it.
Speaker 3: When you were you know, when we were younger, it was Dominique Wilkins versus Michael Jordan, even the contest even before Jordan, when it was like Stansbury versus Chambers, Like the dunk contest was fun. I mean, doctor Jay was in the dunk contest. Were you as a high level basketball player? Don did you get into the three point shootout and the dunk contest back in the day, And how do you feel about what it's become.
Speaker 6: I think the three point shooting things still legitimate. I don't know why. You know, injuries are such a big topic and guys don't want to exert themselves, so I know that's why the dunk contest has become what it's become. But I think the three point shooting contest is still worth watching. I think most of the guys that should be in it or in it, so that's compelling. But All Star weekend has just become These guys make so much money that they don't really want to do anything more than have time off during the All Star break, and so they can they can keep trying every different format, every different scenario they want. But until you incentivize guys to actually play. I don't think people are going to be that interested.
Speaker 1: Most of the Willamette Valley wineries feature a Pinot as there as their big red Dawn. That's a rough ticket for cab lovers out there.
Speaker 6: But hopefully, by the way, Pee, not to cut you off. I'm sorry, Matt, you were bringing up those names.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know what, one of the coolest things I've run into in a while, because I just started staying there the Graduate in Eugene, they have all the old Nike posters on a wall in their restaurant, the Iceman poster, Oh Wow, boardroom, Doctor duncan Stein poster, Chocolate Thunder. It was the cool because I had all those posters when I was a kid, and they have them all on this huge wall in their in their like restaurant bar area in the hotel. It's the coolest thing I've seen in forever.
Speaker 1: Hey, waiter, waiter, Yes, sir, I really like these posters, very good, sir.
Speaker 2: Do they have the Jordan Wings poster with the.
Speaker 6: Matt They have every single one of them. They have even the other.
Speaker 2: Sports Bo Jackson on a cycle.
Speaker 6: Yeh, bo Jackson they have. They have them all. They have John McEnroe's posters. They have everyone on there.
Speaker 2: That's super cool.
Speaker 1: It still doesn't beat the Valley river and down even if it burned down. Okay, you can't suck up.
Speaker 6: Oh, Valley rivers back up and running.
Speaker 2: Well, why aren't you over there?
Speaker 6: Because I don't know too far there, too.
Speaker 2: Far over there.
Speaker 1: It's literally two hundred yards, all right, No one and only DoD McClay, ladies and gentlemen. He's at the sweet cheeks and he's about to get into cheeks. And we'll see where he is later in the week up in the Northwest. But God bless him, and thank you for the inside down. Have a great weekend, and say hi to your lovely one.
Speaker 6: Yep, have a good weekend. Guys.
Speaker 1: There it goes Don McClain, and we'll be right back with more great sports talk on Petrosen Money on AMPI seventy LA Sports Back, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: On demand. Thank you to Don McClain checking in.
Speaker 3: Currently, Guzzlin beer, maybe Rose, maybe a nice reesling. Oh, I could see.
Speaker 2: They didn't have that available. That's not an organ wine, Matt.
Speaker 3: We are going until seven o'clock don will be our only guest today. Still plenty of content to get to. Look, when you are the oldest individual to have ever secured a triple double in the history of the NBA, you better believe The Petros Money Show is going to celebrate you accordingly.
Speaker 1: And there's no doubt that we want to celebrate. I love celebration, Matt. There's nothing like a celebration on a Frogman Friday. I hate people, but I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?
Speaker 2: Don't you think? All right?
Speaker 1: I got a few textosos for you, the old secret Textoso line on a Frogman Friday.
Speaker 4: Secret text us all.
Speaker 2: Fine and brought to you by your Sokel Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: This says.
Speaker 1: I was catching up on the podcast this morning during the Saved by the Bell segment, and it hit me, Petros, you eat bean and cheese burritos. You like tortos a Los Mila Mores. I do like a bigger girl. I would not say that about Los Mila Mores. You like a lighter shade of brown, and you like kid Frost, and you know a lot of Spanish for a wado.
Speaker 2: You're a Latino.
Speaker 5: Slater's an Anglo man, You're a Latino.
Speaker 1: You even went to USC, the University of Successful Chicanos.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, look at here's where it all started.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we got into the Saved by the Bell the College Year's episode called Slater's War, where Ac Slater, the Mario Lpez character, always just thought he was an Italian guy or something and realizes through his relationship with a young Chicana that he is in fact.
Speaker 2: A Latino everyone. And he can't speak Spanish, nothing like that.
Speaker 1: And Zach, his best friend Morris, shows some skepticism and Slater pushes back and says Chicano and I'm brown and proud and sings this is for Ladasa. And that was an episode that we discussed yesterday studies.
Speaker 8: Why do you care about that because I'm Chicano?
Speaker 2: Now I did get some push la all right, correction and retraction.
Speaker 1: Somebody was like, you played those those clips from the College years Saved by the Bell, but you played the song from the original Saved by the Bell. That's not the same essay, And it's like, okay, you know, we're just trying to make it familiar for everybody. Does anybody really remember Saved by the Bell the College Years with Bob Golic as the dorm ra No, Matt say you do well? I did the one that brought it up.
Speaker 2: Great sports talk. I did not bring it up. Somebody on the text Soso brought it off. Brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 1: I brought up the David Silver nine O two one oh solve racism at Washing it right because Irani and friends, by which I'm not allowed to hear about it anymore.
Speaker 2: This is the Saved by the Bell College Years theme song. What is it called? Like eyes on the.
Speaker 4: So much for me? Nobody knows this.
Speaker 2: One of the textosaurs called me out from here to the YouTube that guitar it's trek Away.
Speaker 1: Standing at the Edge of Tomorrow Kenny Loggins vibe. That is a that is a very forgettable tune. But there it is so just so everybody's happy. But that's the look I never wanted. If if Ronnie had just come clean and told us what happened. I mean he he got after friend's ass on the air, Matt am I wrong, like ten minutes worth right, and then we're like, hey, what happened that day? Ronnie, and he didn't want to talk about it, and we had to move on to other conflicts in our lives from nine to two on all and from say by the Bell. So if anybody's to blame here, it's lack of transparency from Ronnie Foss.
Speaker 3: And that's all we really care about is the tasty lick that lets you know it's time to learn something.
Speaker 1: It's time to learn something. My father, to get into a military academy, lied and changed his name from Sanchez to Slater.
Speaker 8: Meet a girl and you this isn't about a girl, It's about me. Till two days ago, I didn't even know my real name was Sanchez.
Speaker 2: Slater's father had changed.
Speaker 8: It twenty five years ago to get into the military academy.
Speaker 2: See an orphan?
Speaker 8: Can you believe it? Do you not have any if you had heritage to be except.
Speaker 2: Cousins, tas. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Anybody, nobody to help you out, to tell you why you're tan all year long.
Speaker 4: Apparently they didn't have family like Christmas parties or nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know it was before like FaceTime and different things like that, but.
Speaker 3: It was a different time. You know, you had to write a letter, you had to wait for a response.
Speaker 1: I also looked up today, Matt. There's some very very Native American insensitive Native Americans said by the Bell episodes where Zach's painting up screeches.
Speaker 2: Faith, Well, that's not okay. It's pretty okay.
Speaker 1: A different time, Zach goes to visit this Native American guy to help him out because it turns out Zach has a little bit of a Native American heritage in him. And Zach goes to this Indian guy to help him out, and the Indian guy has an La Dodgers hat on we are your Dodger station.
Speaker 2: And Zach goes to the guy, why are you wearing a Dodgers hat? And the guy goes because a Raiders' helmet's too hot. Hey, just because I'm Native American doesn't mean I have to wear a big ass head dress.
Speaker 4: By the way, thanks to say by the Bell Belt fandom page, they have the whole like Wikipedia family of Ac Slater, Dad, Major Slater, mother Loretta Slater, and brother excuse me, sister JB.
Speaker 2: Slater.
Speaker 4: Remember the episodehere JB midnute appearance and.
Speaker 2: What does JB stand for? It doesn't say Jan Juanita Breta.
Speaker 1: Look, I just Matt, this is me trying to figure out conflict, you know, trying to find our way through it by going back to our roots.
Speaker 3: And what we look like is just playing in fifteen nineties TV clip that's mat when television was in its golden era, as opposed to what kids currently constitute as entertainment through their YouTube feeds and people acting outrageously.
Speaker 2: I think it's outrageous for Slater to not know that he's Latino. You're Latino. We'll be back.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: No, let's Spaniel number word song of the day.
Speaker 8: Till two days ago. I didn't even know my real name was Sanchez. My dad changed it twenty five years ago to get into the military academy. Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ronnie, I turned it out. You're Latino.
Speaker 7: You're Latino.
Speaker 2: No one said Ronnie is still not doing his job. You're Latino, kid Frost crowd word number song of the day coming up back.
Speaker 8: My dad changed it twenty five years ago to get into the military academy. I didn't even know my real name was Sanchez.
Speaker 2: You're Latino. Yeah, it's not for you.