Speaker 1: Were at the same place that you were at this weekend with their their kids.
Speaker 2: It is so good. It is so competitive but so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a lot of people and a lot you were on a you had to take a shuttle to.
Speaker 3: The place, Like, yeah, you called me and I was on the shuttle.
Speaker 1: Had I had to call Shannon to ask her a question about the iHeartRadio Music Festival, and I go, why are you talking like that?
Speaker 4: She was like, Hey, how you doing? What's going on? I'm like, where are you right now?
Speaker 3: School bus?
Speaker 1: I thought she was in a toilet, you know what I mean. But she's like, I'm on a bus getting shuttled to Smith's swim meet. I'm like, I would not go to my kids meet if I had to get shuttled like that gives me anxiety.
Speaker 3: There are a lot, I mean, there are thousands of people.
Speaker 2: Smith and lou by the way, both swam and both did absolutely phenomenal, So so proud of them.
Speaker 3: They all the kids like do these fake tactoos?
Speaker 5: As I saw just Smith looked like Jason Moole, you know.
Speaker 3: But it was really fine. But we.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. I still am like very clueless with all this. I have no idea like where I'm supposed to be half the time, and like where I'm supposed to sit. So I get there. I left the show a little bit early on Friday. I get there on Friday morning, and normally I just go and like find a spot to stand or like sit in a bleachers or something and try to watch this thing. But it's you know, you could have like reserved seats, there are certain areas for different people. I do not subscribe to any of that. And so I get there and I'm like, okay, I'm trying to figure out where to go. And I see some of my friends who are sitting in this really sweet VIP section and I'm like, oh dang, like they paid for really good seats and they're all waving me over, and I'm thinking, okay, like I'm clearly not a VIP here. And so I had to like give security a story.
Speaker 3: Of like, oh see, I'm trying to go over there to.
Speaker 2: Talk to them, because it was like buttoned down with security. So I did, and I went over and hung out with them, and they were insistent that I sit with them for Friday and Saturday, because this was like an all day thing Friday, all day thing Saturday.
Speaker 3: Which is so nice.
Speaker 2: Anytime I left that area, I had to borrow their credentials, like their lanyard and stuff to go to the bathroom if I wanted to get a drink, to walk down and take a picture of the kids. So literally I was a fake and Wes too West was there with me, a fake VIP all weekend and just had to fake it until I made it to get wherever I wanted to be because we were legitimate VIPs.
Speaker 1: Give us a description of that is, did you fake you make a lanyard at home or what did you do?
Speaker 2: No, So like there were if you paid to sit in that section, you were given a lanyard. So we were able to get ourselves in there at the start of the day like before things got crazy. But if we ever left, like when Smith he won first in a race, well I wanted to go down and take a picture of him on the podium. Like I knew, I wasn't going to be able to get back into this area, so I had to take somebody's lanyard and say you stay here, I'm going to take it, go down and take a photo, bring it back up and then we would switch and that's what I did all weekend long.
Speaker 1: So flich you'd flash the badge. Yeah, they don't look at it, yeah specifically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which was so nice of our friends to let us do that.
Speaker 1: But I just felt like, was there room for you or what did like, did you guys have tight squeeze in? Because I would think it was yeah, because it's funny, you know what it reminds me of. It reminds me of when we do our jingle ball and people will want to come backstage and I'll be like, hey, can I borrow your you know, your pass I don't want to go out and get somebody, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, like you or you bring somebody best way better than mine.
Speaker 4: Well. The problem.
Speaker 1: The problem though, sometimes is when you when you're sitting there without the pass on and somebody sees it and then they call you out. Because I will say this to you. As much fun as it is to going to VIP, it's that much less fun when they say, hey, you you the hard time.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that because when we were sitting there, we didn't have any anything on us. Wes and I were like we stuck out like sore thumbs. Yeah, because we didn't have any of that stuff. Yes, I wish, I guess I could have somehow done it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's wild though that it's wild when you do have that where your kids are in some kind of an event, like you know, it's like this high school graduation. I remember high school graduation at the boys' school, Notre Dame. Prop They had seating that was like right up close and nice, and then they had everybody else sitting, you know, on the bleachers. And I remember one year for one of the boys, we bought it an auction, a chance to sit like in the vip, so to speak. And then it wasn't available for what I think it might have been for Jacob or Joe or for Luke and h I remember saying to Chelsea, were with the common people, we're hanging out here.
Speaker 2: Well then I always joke, I'm like, I always sit in Gen Pop. I always sit in Gen Pop at the swim meet.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, graduation, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Fifth grade, I bought seats at an auction, like a donation to the school to sit in the row.
Speaker 6: If you've been on the opposite end of it where I had the tickets and like I showed up late to a concert and there were two people in my seats and I was like, wait, these aren't my seats, and they're like, oh, oh, we just we snuck down here, and there can we just scooch over and all stand in the same row.
Speaker 4: And honestly, don't you feel bad when you have to kick them out?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: Or you are you good with it?
Speaker 6: I was too afraid to kick them out, but then none of us could sit down because we had ten people in.
Speaker 1: An ape person I've had I've had that at at games, at you know, Tigers games or Pistons games or Lions games, and you're there and you're like, please let an usher come over. Be the bad guy, because I don't want to be the guy kicking people. You just kick them out.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I got a group of ten people with me, there have been moments where if it's like a full row and they're in my seats, but a couple of seats next to me are open, and I'm like this.
Speaker 4: Just move down there.
Speaker 5: But I've had two situation too faked to make a situation when that went right and when that went wrong.
Speaker 4: When it went wrong. I went to a Pistons game.
Speaker 5: This is years ago, this back in Auburn Hills and I bought like a last minute seat.
Speaker 4: It was like high up ticket was cheapest.
Speaker 6: Hell.
Speaker 5: So I'm walking down and I'm drunk. I'm feeling I'm like I could do anything. So I walk all the way down. I get on the floor. The cheerleaders are in the back. I'm walking past the teerleaders.
Speaker 4: I'm waving.
Speaker 5: They all smiling, looking good. I'm thinking they like me. I see the course side right there. I'm like, oh, it's man. I'm about to go sit on the floor.
Speaker 4: I get my foot on the floor. I make it right. I don't know where this usher spawn from. Put his hand on my chest like hey, he's like, where's your ticket? I was like, yeah, my man's up there. Got He's like, nah, finger. Want to say what past? Go up?
Speaker 3: Now you're on the court for every.
Speaker 4: Wow, You've made it. Brittany. What's up, Brittany? How you doing?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 2: First time, long time? So Mom, Joe, I had Shannon. I wanted to tell you.
Speaker 6: I went through something similar. And this is with my own brother. My brother opened up for Hailstorm at art. Speak to me, it's one year, right, okay, and I'm a photographer and they said it doesn't matter, you have to have a pass and I said, this is my own brother. So they are very very strict. But I just wanted to say that I love you guys so much.
Speaker 3: And we're on our way to go see the Lions practice today.
Speaker 4: I love you. That's awesome. So you're you're going out to Ellan Park. That's going to be so much job.
Speaker 6: At the daycare Mojo and I'm doing instacart.
Speaker 4: Oh, Brittany, I'm sorry to hear about that, britt love you too. Brittany.
Speaker 1: You got to let us know when you're out there if Jamir Gibbs practices, because the rumor is he's showing up for uh, you know, all the stuff, but he's not putting pads on or practicing because he wants a new contract pay to man.
Speaker 4: So you got to you gotta let us know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Rumor is the Lions might trade him to the Dodgers. Dodgers are willing to pay for everybody at that time, So take care of yourself.
Speaker 4: You guys, We love you. I have to tell you that one of the.
Speaker 1: Worst feelings in the world is when you are in a place that you're not supposed to be anywhere, like you know what I mean, Like it's worse. The worst is though I don't I would have had complete nervous stomach the entire weekend that we were sitting there, thinking my child is getting ready to go swim. He's looking now, knowing where I'm at, and sees security escurity like I don't know what kind of the pool you know, police are.
Speaker 4: Do they cuff you?
Speaker 3: I'm just very thankful it did not happen.
Speaker 4: Man is sitting there going my mom is.
Speaker 3: Even the kids were like how did you get up here?
Speaker 1: Like do do the parents get vocal like to a point or are they pretty you know, contained.
Speaker 3: Like like I've been cheering for their kids?
Speaker 1: Well, well, I've been at events before where like you know, you go to sometimes you got dance moms or if you have travel basketball or whatever, baseball, Like the parents get a little crazy, like where they start chirping the other teams, do you guys chir.
Speaker 3: I mean the the.
Speaker 2: Kids mostly, do you know, It's not so much the parents, because I feel like a lot of the parents are friends outside of like the teams. But the kids get really competitive with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because it's it's interesting. Like the buddies of mine whose kids do this swim stuff there, they keep.
Speaker 3: Each other's houses all last week that was the thing.
Speaker 1: And one of I golfed with a with a buddy yesterday and I see his you know car that's there and it's like a nice he's got like a nice car.
Speaker 4: And they painted his wind windshield and windows.
Speaker 1: And all that Stuff'll be like, man, ain't painting my crap A bumper stick around my car.
Speaker 4: I will want to.
Speaker 5: If that's the point, then I'm down for retaliation as well. If somebody tags your stuff, because you're not just tagging the key and stuff.
Speaker 4: This is my house too.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think the parents draw on their own cars like I think they get so excited.
Speaker 5: See we go on paintball, guys.
Speaker 4: I'm down to witty. You know what you need though, is you need?
Speaker 1: I always say that you need like that ant that screams from the or a grandma that screen