Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demograph, super duper. That's nice. Light to go, Nito, gay boy. That is good news. It's the eighth day of July twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. I finally made it to the radio station. Here we are. Every road in America's shut down. I'm gonna turn my attitude around, but first I'm gonna go punch the wall for a bit. Here's some comedy with Brian Reagans, the pout in Morning Show. Come on in. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 2: What is the smallest tiny teeny itty bitty it'sy bitsy teeny weenie or tenchy weenzie.
Speaker 1: Kind of stuff keeps me up late at night.
Speaker 3: Scientists need to know when they're looking in microscopes.
Speaker 4: I would describe this a me bob.
Speaker 3: As aty bitty professor.
Speaker 2: Come over here, see if you concur, See if you concur that this a me?
Speaker 1: But is Adie Betty? Let me take a look at that.
Speaker 3: That's not Anie Betty, that's taintsy waits. How come only small stuff gets cute nicknames? How come we don't say the planet Jupiter.
Speaker 1: Is Beggy Wiggy.
Speaker 5: The universe is you, Jima, groty.
Speaker 1: Us sweet feet us on your side, sauce you here in the sisty. I need a vacation. Why what happened? I have had it. I'm excited for the AI overlord to take over and destroy humanity. I'm excited for it. Why that I've had it? Nobody does anything right anymore? Nobody cares about anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is that. Nobody does care about anything.
Speaker 1: When you shut down an entire freeway so that there's no exit off of it, at least put up a F word sign saying, hey, before you get on this road, chuvesy, you're not gonna be able to get off of it until you're in downtown Minneapolis. Was on the fast pesslinge sus. You can't get off the fast pistolinge once you're on it. No A yeah, I said fast pistol and I don't care. And now I'm in down to Minneapolis and guess what, there's no way to get back here. I was. I was completely lost in a part of Minneapolis I've never been in, just trying to get to work. I've worked in a going for twenty plus years. I was so lost ied how to get here. I still don't know how I got here. If you're gonna shut down the whole road, you gotta let us know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't understand why the Louisiana exit is the A list. Then then this exit which is one hundred.
Speaker 1: But yeah, even worse, sus, do you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You can't come back down on three ninety four either.
Speaker 1: It's not just that you can't get off the fast pass lane, no, So it's it feeds you onto the fast past league and you can't get off of it. No. So I'm in downs Minneapolis.
Speaker 6: That Flora on sixteen hundred Utica, which is right over here.
Speaker 1: They have a police officer sit up there.
Speaker 6: So people, which I thought maybe you would do, drive over the median and just drive up that agg I thought.
Speaker 1: About driving into the bridge embankment. I thought about driving into a telephone pole. Yeah. I thought about hitting the gas and just letting God take the wheel. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how you didn't.
Speaker 1: And this after I find out this morning that one of my favorite bands of all time of all time is The Secret Show. Last night, and I asked those people five times who the secret and nobody would tell me like, I don't matter it all in this building at all. That Brothers Osborne played a free show for this company last night, one of my favorite bands of all time. Nobody would tell me I don't matter at all? What the hell is wrong with the world.
Speaker 6: I would hope if the Dave Matthews band was playing a free show, I would.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I guarantee you, Bugsy. Buggsy would have told a burb No, Marty or Corey or even Zach. I asked him. You were in the office when they asked him, that's my favorite band. Yeah, I've had it. I mean, I need a vacation.
Speaker 6: I know I can't keep a secret, but you think that if they said who the secret show was, I would like go on in the air and talk about it.
Speaker 1: When people respected what we do for a living within this building. No, and by the way, are both Max and Mark lost?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't say Mexican.
Speaker 6: Max isn't on the McDonald's Wednesday bit, so he's wandering around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know, yeah, because I understand my phone wouldn't let me in the building when I got here either, Yeah, it would let me in. Maybe I've been fired by God. I hope not.
Speaker 6: I thought for sure, because when I first moved over by you, and you're part of the town, I was ridiculed for taking fifty five.
Speaker 1: I take fifty.
Speaker 6: Five the whole way to a front and drone and then I come out over Utica and I just drive on in past the cub Foods and I'm here right.
Speaker 1: I watched video this morning. Oh the people we work with, just having the time of their life watching my favorite band last night. They all knew who it was. People who come to this office about once a month and sit in there and stare out the window knew who the secret artist was last night. It is my favorite band, and nobody would tell me. And I asked five times. Yeah, I get not telling me if I'm in the room, but tell you. They could at least whisper to you. Yeah, you guess what. Blah blah blah. No, No you didn't find him. No, he's at the glass door.
Speaker 4: He's at the glass doors.
Speaker 1: I was over there, that's what he says. I don't know. I think we should all just go home, he says, at the glass doors. Maybe it means all the way downstairs no, no.
Speaker 4: No, he can get in and he has the other key.
Speaker 1: You'd think Max is looking for you. Well, if you.
Speaker 6: Hadn't shown up, I'm not kidding. I probably would have just played Best of because I can't do it without you.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about just giving up. I don't want you to do that. Going home and playing my video game? Did you play? Yes? Of course I did. How's it going going pretty well? Yeah? He picked up some speed his first team now yeah, first team line? Yeah, Sam? Yeah, yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's fun. You know what happens in that game. You don't run into traffic.
Speaker 1: You don't run traffic, and people like you you've worked with us for twenty five years. Maybe it's me. Maybe that's what it is. Maybe it's me. I don't big parties. I don't think it's you. They're on big parties. Do you think like I don't know, you know, it doesn't matter. Oh, by the way, Cory's got a valor. Pest control is kind of missing the next break. Ye, But I bet the person who was supposed to change that was at the free party last night watching my favorite band. So they didn't do their job. I just can't believe it. I should change my attitude. I think the only way I'm gonna do that is if I banged my head against the wall for about a half time.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to punch the wall.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. The last straw was when my card wouldn't let me into the building. Yeah, I mean, I really thought that I might have been still dreaming if these doors weren't sound proof.
Speaker 4: I bet I would have heard you screaming.
Speaker 1: I was screaming the air for it at the top of my lungs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I found it.
Speaker 1: He made it. Hell. Yeah, Petty, look at that's that's Mark Parish. Now Mark Parrish is here because everybody else is on vacation in the whole wide world. Is that a devil raised that? Oh? Oh oh?
Speaker 6: I thought it was like parishes all of a sudden, the Tampa Bay raised fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, Perry, huge devilry him. Mark. Hi. Guys, you were stuck a brand new system that doesn't work the way it's supposed to. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I heard about your adventure this morning. I appreciated that I jumped up on one sixty nine and then took fifty five.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what That's.
Speaker 1: What I's That's that's what I'm have to do. Just go fifty five. There was a gentleman standing, I'm amongst the cones, whoa right where I had to get onto the fast pass lane, talking on his cell phone, and I wanted to say, please, sir, please call somebody and ask them how the hell I can get off this road. Call somebody with your cell phone and ask them whose idea was to close every exit?
Speaker 4: Did you end up down by Target Center?
Speaker 1: I swear to God, I swear to God on everything I own. The twelfth Street exit, okay, I got off over right where Max lives. I got off on the twelve Street exit owned by that LUNs. I don't know where the LUNs is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know exactly right.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve Street, Yeah, yeah, right, twelve Street exit. Turn the left, thinking well, I'll just get right back on three and eighty four. But guess what. Guess what? Three night fourth is closed going that way too, So then I had to take a right and go onto uh whatever road is gonna get you on ninety four going towards spring Lake Park. Yeah. So then I think to myself, I'm gonna turn by Dunwoody. Yeah. I turned by Dunwood. You think I'm gonna get on three and eighty four there, guess what, it's clo close. So that I turned right and I am over in north of Minneapolis. I I don't even know what road. And so then I finally find pen and I turn left on pin and I get to three and a four and guess what. So I go across three and eight four and I get not I'm over here somewhere over by the lakes. Yeah, yeah, and the front's road is closed. Can't even to round on the front of roads. So now I am in a ner neighborhood. Do it about one hundred.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're in uptown right right, and and there's not a road and every left and right turn I made that said dead end, no outlet.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's going to be a dead end for me literally pretty soon here. Yeah. So then I finally made my way all the way over. Do you know where the whatever the school is right over here, right across one hundred here? Yeah, yeah, somehow I ended up being killed. How the hell did you get over there? Still don't know, Still don't know. And boy, when I hit that front of the road, yeah, you know, if you wonder how fast my car goes Yep, it hits three days pretty quick.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a twenty five.
Speaker 1: I was hoping that i'd get pulled over. Well, have somebody to complain to, Yeah, just to cap it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might have gotten in a fight there.
Speaker 1: There is probably somebody reviewing video right now of me and looking for my license. Oh yeah, there's for sure.
Speaker 6: I know a listener who works for public works or whatever, and he has I met him at a brewery once and he had a camera.
Speaker 1: Footage of me going about eighty five dollars. Ye, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're definitely on camera going a hundred. I just can't believe it.
Speaker 6: So that today is the first day obviously that's been like that. Yeah, because hasn't that that Udica exit off three ninety four been closed for a while.
Speaker 1: Clover leaf around Either get off on Louisiana or one hundred. Yeah you can't. Louisiana's closed again. It's been a nightmare. It's closed. It's closed. So once I got on three ninety four, there's no way of except for to heaven. O Jesus, take a wheel. I'm telling you, Mark, Okay, I'm gonna hit the three, said button, because I have good news for you. Mark. Oh yeah, do you get to stay the whole show? I do good. Eric Stohansk is calling today.
Speaker 7: Oh my lord, Mink, buddy Mink. Yes, it has been a while. He's raising a couple of kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the best. He's the best. And I talked to him for a while yesterday because I noticed that there was a little like little vignette of Super Troopers three on Hulu for you to watch to get excited about Super super and so I said, hey, the movie bets come on and he goes, yeah, we want to bring the whole group of guys in in August. It's great. Said do you want to call the show to mart? He said sure, So he's calling the day A twenty five going. The movie comes out of the first week of August. And the I don't know five minute vignette that I watched was filthy and funny. Yeah, so looking for it. He'll call today. Marcus Cheryl's is coming in studio tomorrow. Oh sweet, so that'd be great. I haven't seen him in a long time. Looking forward to that. I got that done. Mark Parrish is here today him. Mark PRIs is good to see you. Thank you for coming. Great to see you guys too. So there are good things in your guys' world. I'd leave you guys with a few good things as I either go to prison or have it one of the two. What's the difference yet, So there you go.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Me too. Yeah.
Speaker 6: When I saw your text or your tweet, I was so glad that wasn't like one minute ago, because I'm counting down. I know, I had an idea of where you were, and I'm like, you see.
Speaker 1: Where I'm at right there? Right, yeah, I'm trying right there. That's there's you see the exit of ninety four up there. I'm on Penn Avenue at that point. And as you see in the picture that I that I tweeted or I texted? Which one did I tweet? Yeah, I tweeted that picture. That entire road is there's no option and left Wood said dead end. So the only option was turned right. Yeah, And then man.
Speaker 9: I could tell you because some words are in all caps and others are.
Speaker 1: Thinking where am I? How do I get right over there?
Speaker 4: I cut one guy's like drive through it.
Speaker 1: I thought about it. Yeah, I really did. I really did.
Speaker 7: As I was sitting at McDonald's, I got that text, and I was like, oh, thank you for that. Yeah, saved me at probably fifteen twenty minutes max, it'd still be looking for you those new glass doors.
Speaker 1: There was a moment I was like, you know, the only way that I know out of here is towards Rogers, Minnesota. I thought you didn't just get on ninety four and keep headings. If Zach hadn't been on vacation again today, yeah, and Corey wasn't playing poker, I might have just went home. That's how angry it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could tell yeah, I'm glad to show you.
Speaker 1: Might have put the top down and I don't have a convertible. I might have just sat on my hood, got about one hundred, got out of the window, crawl on the hood and like sons of anarchy. Yeah what, God takes the wheel? There you go. Okay, So I guess the moral of the story if you're in Minneapolis and this is making no sense to you all, unless I guess you're in the luth because my God, the construction in the Louth and make you to pull your hair out when you're trying to get off of thirty five there as well. So, but if you're in Minneapolis, don't get on three and night fours moral the story. Yeah, if you can avoid it, take fifty five. Yeah. Yeah, and maybe don't go as fast as I was going through small neighborhood. Yeah, probably don't. Yeah, please don't. I'm gonna I'm gonna go pound my head against the wall for a minute. I'm gonna be okay, all right, gonna come back, and we're checking with Mark Perce because it's been a long time, Yeah since we wreck and roll. Yeah, you go into Troit Lakes, right, of course, I am. It's gonna be fun in it. Can't wait. I think I talked Marni into going. So they got a tornado hit up there, I know, man, hope everybody's okay, yes, yeah, people in the neighborhood across the road here thought there was a tornado going through their neighborhood. Mascar race happening, Be all right, pack guess Patrick Moore. Soon, I'm an feel I'm gonna be much better. We can back a promise. We're gonna talk about amazing.
Speaker 4: Hot blot that's perfect.
Speaker 1: Starting stronger starts at auto zone. Bill's reporting on a card chase. Yeah, that has already ended, at least on my part of the ass. Okay, I'm back and I'm better than ever. Here we go, all right, all right, I'm taking a five day weekend next weekend, so it's okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna reset. You deserve it. I don't know about that, but I'm gonna try to to reset the old reset. But you know, I haven't decided yet, but I'm i I only work Monday through Wednesday next week. Oh sweet, and then I'm then I'm Gonnersville out.
Speaker 4: That'll be great.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun where you're going. As of right now, I'm riding my motorcycle around Lake Superior. Awesome. Yeah, by myself. The cool thing about riding my sleeping motorcycle is you can't answer the phone and uh, and you can't answer texts and uh. It's great. So I'm excited. So I'm looking forward to that. So if it sounds like I'm on the verge of catastrophe, don't worry.
Speaker 4: I'm He's help. He's gonna fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Or maybe maybe it's maybe you like having a front row seat, but we also have a front row seat ladies and gentlemen to a few things. A young man who's experiencing being a father for the first time and all the pressures that go along with that, and another young man whose oldest little girl it's about to go off to college. How did that go on Monday? Dude? Oh man, what Monday was? What orientation? Orientation? Yeah, yeah, it's I know.
Speaker 7: And the drive down there the last couple hours, my heart was in my throat and I was tearing up a few times, kind of realizing how close it was. The ride back, my heart was my throat the entire five hours. Yeah, it's it's real. It finally started to hit me on this trip down. But it was awesome. We got to meet her, her roommate from Chicago, and their parents.
Speaker 1: We went out to dinner. They're great people. Good, good, good. That's so brand new people, brand new people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's going She's actually going to IOA with a couple of her absolute best friends. But they decided maturely early on, right away, that that they weren't going to room together.
Speaker 1: They wanted a.
Speaker 7: Room with all different people. That's a very decision, right, They didn't want to burn out on their friends. And they wanted to meet new people. So yeah, it was it was great.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: When she went off on her own for the majority of Monday.
Speaker 1: NICKI was able to keep me calm.
Speaker 7: That's when it really started sinking in, Like, man, she's this is it. And I realized that moving date, I think August fifteenth or sixteen, something like that. Oh, it's gonna just Niagara Falls. I warned Nikki on the drive home, like, you know, you're gonna have to drive like the first hour or two away from here because I am going to lose my mind. My daddy's girl, you know, finally officially being on her own. But she's she's so ready. Her and her friends they're so they're great, they're so mature.
Speaker 1: And that means job well done for you, then, man, yeah, makes a great, great job. That's great though, man, I mean that's what that's what I hope for, right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's such a funny feeling of excited mixed with terror, missed with tears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, and I the the I don't know, the pressure to not show your emotions is there, you know, you don't want to make it harder for them and all that stuff. But once you drop her off. Let it go. Oh, just let it go. I mean, I yeah, there's I'm gonna be wailing in the car. Yeah, and it's okay, Yeah, that's that's part of the deal. You know, You're you're letting them, letting them here, here you go, Okay, go get it now, go get it. You know, I don't know. And I was telling him during the break, Saucy and and Max, so you're getting You're gonna know this soon too. Everybody tells you basically, when it comes to parenting, and when it comes to a lot of things, there are cliches for a reason, you know, because they're true. You know, you know, you hear you know, you guys used to play forever young and I was like, you guys, wait and see you guys remember right, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's gonna be worse now, right yeah yeah right we can't yeah right, exactly right. Yeah. Yeah. But but everybody told me, you know, it's the relationship is going to change, but it's going to be better in some ways, and it's going to be completely new and fun. And that is so true the conversations I have with Abigail now, you know, and Alex is in Seattle, And obviously he's thirty one, so it's it's a different thing. And and and again a boy and a girl. You know, yeah, you know, the daddy daughter relationship is different. There's no way around it, right, yep. But the conversations and the fun conversations and the fun I have with Abigail now it's like she's a like, like the little girl that part that that's over, but there's a new version of her who's an adult, and it's fun to watch her become who she is, right, you know, I miss the little girl. I always will. But we had that that was great. So now we get this and we talk about crazy things and and fun things, and she's learning things, and she lives in an apartment I'll buy herself for the first time now, and she's trying to refurbish an antique a footstool or something like that that has molded and she didn't know how to kill mold. And I'm like, I don't know why you called me. You know, I do not kill I don't kill anything on purpose ever, you know what I mean. But so it it's hard to admit and allow those memories to end, you know, because they do that part's over, but the new part's gonna be great. It really is. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be great. And then you get to find out who you are too, which is a whole thing that is underreported about becoming an empty nester and watching the kids grow up, because it's hard and it's sometimes shocking. But there will become a day when you get to say, oh, wait a minute, because there's a long period when you say, oh my god, there's nobody at the end of the hall, what do I do with myself? But eventually that period becomes there's nobody at end of the hall, what do I want to do with myself? It's a fun transition. It's part of life. How crazy, though, Yeah, you got one going off and yours is not even too yet.
Speaker 6: He is currently in his ninth hour of sleepy.
Speaker 1: He goes off to daycare, though, man and I that's tough enough. Even when I pick him up.
Speaker 6: Sometimes he'll turn around and they'll see me and be like, oh God, it's you, and then he'll walk away. But other times he just burst into tears. Being a parent's tough. I don't care anybody says.
Speaker 1: It's tough, hard, it's the most ridiculously hard, wonderful thing ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the hardest but most rewarding.
Speaker 1: It's the best ever and it's the hardest thing ever. Yes, it's very hard. It's the hardest thing ever. Yeah, I mean I can jeeh every stage and Max your stage, you know, I mean we're all in very different stages. Yeah. Yeah. Thirteen years old, thirteen year old? Yeah, two who are one is going off, one's about to go off before a long year. Yeah, and then mine are both grown adults. It's so crazy. Every stage it's it's a new adventure. It is.
Speaker 9: It's like you were saying, though, hockey, you just like you have to just appreciate the stage that you're in right now. Like I don't people ask me, like, what is your daughter going to be like in college?
Speaker 1: What does she want to I'm like, I don't even think about that. Yeah, don't.
Speaker 9: I try not to think about when she was a baby and everything, cause I actually enjoy this more. Like you said, howk like you get they're becoming their own person.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Me and her were having a whole conversation about real stuff the other day, and I'm like going off and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, You're thirteen, right, How do you know this? Right?
Speaker 9: And you just have to appreciate the kid that you have now. I can't like try to mold some future image that I have in my mind.
Speaker 1: It's her life.
Speaker 9: So I just try to gently guide her along the path that she wants to take, you know, and then just enjoy the stage that she's in right now. I had that me yesterday we went to go see Toy Story five, and I'm like, dude, I would have I would have rather jumped off the top of the movie theater than go to the movies with my parents when I was thirteen.
Speaker 4: She's not always.
Speaker 9: Gonna want to and not just we have a great relationship, but she's not always going to want to go to the movies with me, you know, and.
Speaker 1: What she should right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So it was like I got really emotional at the end of the movie.
Speaker 1: Had nothing to do with the movie.
Speaker 3: I'm going.
Speaker 9: She was like, did you cry, and I was like, yeah, it wasn't that sad, And I was like something, yeah, yeah, bad story.
Speaker 1: The movie was a good life is sad? I can't get off. Three ninety four, we were watching White Shakes, oh Man I'll tell you what, and this one's present. I might have mentioned it yesterday, but I don't know if I did or not. But this is a true story. When I made that cartoon version of Alex on the video game and Cuba twenty seven, watching him run out on the football field and it looks like him brought it here to my Yeah, oh yeah, it's my high school boy.
Speaker 6: When yeah, when I get it, it'll be my son because of course, and yeah, he'll be a five star recruit. He will probably go to Notre Dame. The quarterback start as a freshman. We're gonna sling sixty touchdowns. It's still fun, like that's half the bat. It's that game. That aspect of the game is like it's a little bit of glory days, like you can just play Bruce, but that part of it is awesome.
Speaker 1: It's fun. I can't wait to have him watch me play it for six albums. I tell you, wait till you you'll get to a point because you're gonna be old balls. But there's gonna be a version of n C Double A or Madden, and there's gonna be a day mark my words. It may only be ten years from now, but it will probably be twelve years from now where he beats your ass. Yeah you cannot beat him. Oh yeah, you know, but mostly because your fingers bar because yeah has real quick. I think it's for us training. Well, is you're acting like a spoiled brag because your son's beating your as.
Speaker 4: Letting them win, to like arguing.
Speaker 1: You're gonna run that same play again. You know, I can't stop it.
Speaker 9: My daughter the other day, we're playing scrabble and she said something.
Speaker 1: I'm like, buses aren't shiny. What are you talking about? You can't say a shiny thing is a bus?
Speaker 4: And my mom was just looking at us, like stop, what is wrong?
Speaker 1: Which is the kid? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So what was like a few years ago when my family spent Christmas three or four days putting together.
Speaker 4: The home alone thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like come in here and tell Parish and he goes, yeah, Turner did it like three hours.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what it took us four days to do it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Turner's got a singular focus. But that being said about the video games, when you do win.
Speaker 1: Hall Boy, it feels good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm celebrated, like I won the Cup a game so rare.
Speaker 1: I bet you're right. Anyway. I don't know, but it's congratulations a Parry. That's great.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very very proud of her. A great school and a great a great opportunity to go have fun and safely make mistakes, you know what I mean. You know, it's just learned from everything is just the best. I mean, how many isn't there a part amongst it, all of you that just envies her?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we're talking about that actually on our own and we were.
Speaker 1: Walking back the hotel. We're like, oh my gosh, she's gonna have so much. You gonna have so much, right, Yeah, And you want to, don't You want to like like be the little floating gizmo that floats beside her head going Okay, now I did this, don't do that. Don't please, don't don't do this, do this. This is you know, Yeah, but you got to learn it. Man. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be hard, but it's gonna be great.
Speaker 4: You know, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 6: September twelfth, Iowa hosting Iowa State.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, look at it. You're gonna go. We're looking at getting tickets. Yeah, that's awesome. Yeah, I got my hawk.
Speaker 7: Eye gear and and uh uh. We also noticed that Gopher's homecoming they play Iowa.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, so it is going to come back. That'll be great.
Speaker 7: A couple of buddies that played football there that I'm looking forward to wearing black and yellow their homecoming, and I said, I will be getting a picture with you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 6: They also host of Ohio State. Man, that's they got a tough schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's great, dude, man, Yeah, good for you. Yeah, congratulations, that's great. That is awesome stuff. Did we do got her home? By the way, yesterday it was too mad to talk about.
Speaker 6: Got her helmet MN dot com. It helps Perry, it helps lawyer Lambert. Yes, it's the absolute best. Don't worry about cleaning your gutters over the weekend. Gut her helmet MN dot com.
Speaker 1: Aren't you glad that you got got hermetcause there's no way for you to get home from here to clean your gutters.
Speaker 4: Good luck, Louis and Kelly. I live here now.
Speaker 1: Did you get bad weather again last night? Just a little rain in the moon we got.
Speaker 6: I don't if it was hailing or what we it was greasy at about one am.
Speaker 1: Great. Yeah, that was the pilot of your day and it was the one in the morning. The rest of it's gonna suck. Oh well, hey listen, Patrick Marshall, we'll break, we'll come back, and some sports happened, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we have a hot sports team. Uh oh that no one expected. You'll have to wait and see. Howks Daddy, No, No, that's the wrong thing, wrong.
Speaker 1: Thing, I know that. Honey. We'll be right back on the phone from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Dean's Home Services.
Speaker 9: Good morning we have.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back. All right, here we are and it is it's Wednesday. Still hanskiing a bit? I believe Parker Fox is a bit. Max is over there. Mark Parish is nice enough to come in. Hie, Dusty, thank you.
Speaker 4: Osborne.
Speaker 1: I wish I wish it were No, this isn't This is me and brothers Osborne and Warrentown last night to play free show that I was not invited to a play, making me mad again. That's feeling good from him.
Speaker 4: Well you should still feel good.
Speaker 1: Hey, free show. Imagine that. Imagine Dave, Dave matthews Man was playing a free show.
Speaker 6: I mean I I'd probably go. I didn't go the last time they were here.
Speaker 1: Is that? I asked? And they as if I am so untrustworthy that they couldn't tell me. I asked like five times and they were like, OK, can't tell you. I Who am I a sieve? I think it's guilty by association. I think it's because you know me. They would have told you if you'd ask Theyes, they would have. They would they like you. They would have told you Barb hates my guts.
Speaker 6: No, Barb loves me. She would not hate me, hates me. I cannot confirm. No, she doesn't hate you.
Speaker 1: Yes she does. They all do. I don't blame him. I hate me too. No, she wouldn't tell me. Barb does keep it really close. Yeah, yeah, and I get it.
Speaker 6: But like or somebody could have said to you, hey, Hawk, I know you really like a certain band. You should come to the secret show, even if.
Speaker 1: They don't know that I like the band. If I, you know, as a friend, say hey for the fifth Side, who's a secrete? They could have pulled me aside and just said I've been like, oh, that had been awesome. That's that's my favorite band in the world. Yeah, you probably, I would have definitely gone. Oh really, I definitely would have. I love that band. How would you have gotten there? Though, You're right, I'd have never made it?
Speaker 6: Time now for front paid Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars. Thank you, Holliday Meal deal for every taste in budget three dollars, five dollars, seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Choose your meal today.
Speaker 4: How about something hot off.
Speaker 6: The roller grill or a hot snack with a drink and chips for three bucks or a savory breakfast sandwich and hash brown drink for five bucks.
Speaker 1: It's only at Holiday in Circle K. Thank you Holiday.
Speaker 4: You're the best.
Speaker 1: They are the best.
Speaker 6: Oh you're Minnesota Twins. I've gotten hot. They beat the Guardians three to one. Taj Bradley was outstanding. He went seven scattered three hits, gave up one run, and he struck out ten. Taj Bradley is the youngest Twins pitcher with ten plus strikeouts in back to back.
Speaker 1: Start since who larry on them?
Speaker 4: You are correct?
Speaker 1: Nice, I believe it. When he came in he was crazy good.
Speaker 6: That was the year that I interned here and I would go and get twins sound and I'll never forget you would if you tie it right, you could get Santana into Lariano and it was I mean he the game against an O six when they went out and he beat Roger Clemens in Houston. Yeah, that slider that started at like two o'clock and then came all the way down to seven o'clock or wherever the clockworks. Was unbelievable. And then he blew out his arm and was kind of never the same. But he if they had if that team had made the they made the playoffs and lost in the first round, that team would have been an unbelievable force in the playoffs. At those two lefties. I remember Francisco Laro.
Speaker 7: Morno was so excited about that, like he was just the most dynamic pitcher they'd seen in.
Speaker 1: Years, and they had Santana.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Larry last night, Yeah, Carlos Uh the bit Marti was talking about yesterday where they did, like the All Analyst game last night.
Speaker 4: Was really good. It was great.
Speaker 6: Dennard's fan was exceptional, Gunn Perkins was good. Your guy Moreno is outstanding at that job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk about supertroopers.
Speaker 7: He threw a little supertroopers quote in there that it's free bar Man, open bar man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he had a few good lines when he talked about how they showed they were showing bloopers from these guys and there was a ball high up in the air and he said, yeah, it was too high.
Speaker 1: I couldn't see it. You know, it was a high sky.
Speaker 6: And he goes, well, it was in Colorado, was definitely high.
Speaker 4: It's so funny.
Speaker 6: But your twins, Hogs Daddy, are forty five and forty seven, two games back of five hundred. They played today at six forty. Connor pre Lip goes for your twin.
Speaker 1: What time is the apology to the pullets.
Speaker 6: I have no apology to the pollads, but I have a ton of respect and credit to our guy Shelty.
Speaker 4: The pollads deserve zero credit.
Speaker 1: Maybe this was the plan.
Speaker 4: No, they don't have a They don't have a plan.
Speaker 1: They have about as much of a plan as I have a plan.
Speaker 4: They have no plan.
Speaker 1: They were the pollides are responsible for three ninety four. That's why there was no exit. Well, now you're on my side.
Speaker 6: We talked about a little yesterday, but the MLB draft is on Saturday. Your Twins pick third, and the draft starts at noon on Cara Levin. It is on NBC, so a little prime time even though it's noon, but a primetime channel for the MLB Draft.
Speaker 1: Look you there, let's go. Cody has been hot lately.
Speaker 6: Well, he should be an All Star. They were saying that last Yeah, and they just picked him up off waivers.
Speaker 9: Right, Nothing's arguably been the best hitter over the last month.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it was all part of the plan. Yeah, they don't have a plan, and it's July.
Speaker 6: Let's see what if they if they make not that I'm gonna fully you know.
Speaker 1: Can I just give them a little bit of sunshow? You just want to I'm just trying to believe that something's happening in the world.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're fine. Yeah, Chelsea should get a ton of credit. They have no bullpen in that pitching staff with Toads, Bradley and.
Speaker 1: Who else Hawk? Who else is on the pitch? Oh no, I'm.
Speaker 6: Argentina was down two oh to Egypt. They came back to win three to MESSI was unbelievable. That was an unbelievable game, even though I didn't see a second of it.
Speaker 1: Dog it was nuts. Like, I could not believe Egypt.
Speaker 9: People in the in the crowd were crying, they were falling to their knees.
Speaker 1: They're up too ripped.
Speaker 9: That's a damn near death sentence a lot of the time in soccer, and I believe they were up to rip in.
Speaker 1: The eightieth minute. Yeah, and Argentina as soon.
Speaker 9: As they scored the one, you could tell like they immediately were like, all right, let's get back to business. You can see Egypt pissing down their leg and immediately Messy just gets he gets loose, ties it up and after that it was just an absolute avalanche. It was one of the most unbelievable choke jobs I've ever seen, in one of the most unbelievable comebacks that I've seen in soccer.
Speaker 4: The Reps played a hand, but.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I watched the second half, and I mean, that's the first soccer game I've ever watched where I was I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I was on my feet at the end of it. It was.
Speaker 7: It was incredible. I didn't know they could score three goals that fast in that game because there's so few and far between. Like you said that to another, like, oh my lord, there. There's an upset here, and yeah, the look on Egypt's.
Speaker 1: Face just they just knew it was going to happen.
Speaker 7: I luckily never you know, blew a lead like that and that important the tournament or anything like that.
Speaker 1: But I've been there and you just did that.
Speaker 7: The locker room is silent, the plane tomorrow will be silent, or today will be silent. It's just the worst feeling. You just trying to fear, like how that happened? And it's not like we do right.
Speaker 9: It's not like an eighty two game hockey season where you can just go, Okay, well we got another game on Wednesday, thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 9: It's like, no, four years was the next game, and it's not guaranteed or even going to be there, or you're gonna have the same level of talent.
Speaker 4: So that's one that might haunt.
Speaker 1: Him for the forest. Both sides. Well remember that for life.
Speaker 4: Take it over, end Fernandez.
Speaker 1: Can you believe this? It was unbelievable. Lose something. They lose the sandwich, I hope not. That's the sausage. That's all right. Five second, you've seen that.
Speaker 6: Argentina will battle Switzerland, who beat Columbia in a zero zero game that ended in penalty kicks.
Speaker 4: What a sport? Zero zero and was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Yes, I listened to that and it was so much. I think I had more fun listening to them watch it than I would have had watching it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 1: Having so much.
Speaker 6: Brett's good with it. His soccer coverage is really good. He's great because he's really good. He pays attention to it. He's a wee bit sensitive about it, but that's fine. He loves it, don't I don't blame him. Yeah, no, I didn't see a second, but it ended zero zero. Why don't they just keep playing soccer?
Speaker 1: Well they do.
Speaker 9: They do like an extra thirty and then it bands after that, then they do the penalty.
Speaker 6: I agree, thanks, yeah, but yeah, Argentina will battle Switzerland on Saturday at eight pm. There is no World Cup today.
Speaker 9: Columbia is a dark horse, thinking that they could possibly be Argentina, and then they lose to.
Speaker 4: Switzerland and this is zero zero. It's looking like we.
Speaker 9: Are barreling towards possibly a rematch from twenty twenty two, which was France versus Argentina. Yes, yeah, thanks, yeah, thanks that guy.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, what else here one of us.
Speaker 6: The All Star Game for Baseball is next Tuesday in Philly.
Speaker 1: I know that, honey.
Speaker 6: Oh uh, they will be without a twin.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you more about that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, a twin.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, bad luck for our guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or maybe just one of the time off there is that rest is the weapon? Yeah, well said mush.
Speaker 4: Is this brothers Osborne?
Speaker 1: Why do you do it? Why are you doing this to me? What do you see? He's sitting in Cory's here. Can't help it, You can't help it any good boy? All right, six nineteen, we'll break, We'll come back. We got what really matters and much much more is Mark Parrish and Maxo's over there with meat sauce about three ms FA starting Monday, Jimmy and grow along with big deck dot com. We were telling snake stories and Tommy's not here, so they were really about snakes.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, yeah, actual snakes.
Speaker 1: We go to China, ladies and gentlemen, where this is happening as we speak. There's flooding. It's the end of the world. And how do I know it's the end of the world because they're not just global flooding and people are losing their homes and lives. But there's also this.
Speaker 10: Amid China's worsening flood season. One image has captured the country's attention more than any other, hundreds of snakes slithering through the streets of a flooded village in Guangxi. The escape happened in Hengjo, where rising floodwaters caused a snake farm to collapse, releasing around nine hundred reptiles into the surrounding area. Footage that quickly went viral showed residents wading through waste deep water, armed with nothing more than bamboo sticks.
Speaker 1: Now, we watched a gentleman, and I'm watching it again. Oh my gosh, chasing a snake through the water, and the snake is trying to get away from it because the snake is confused. I'm supposed to be chasing you. I don't know how, No wonder this guy is like able to walk through the waters because his nuts must float again. But these are cobras, man, These are venomous, poisonous snakes, nine hundred of them, just swimming through the streets. And they're trying to rally and and.
Speaker 10: And gather them up with bamboo sticks, trying to corner the escapees before they vanished into flooded homes and alleyways. Village official Woocher told local media that most of the snakes were not venomous, and that a team of ten has since been organized to recapture them using fish nets and stun guns.
Speaker 1: Okay again, let me just say it. That cobra with its headstick in a bottle of water, that's a venomous snake.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it doesn't help to say most.
Speaker 1: Most, I don't know. Yeah, one warned, go ahead.
Speaker 7: The one guy in that video, as the one guy's chasing it, you can see him in the background, like he just dives after him, Like he just goes right after.
Speaker 1: Like what do you do?
Speaker 10: Snake must be so confused and trying to catch any stray snakes with their bare hands if they turned up inside houses. The snake scare unfolded against the backdrop of a far graver crisis.
Speaker 1: There's no graver crisis. There's nothing.
Speaker 4: There's nothing that could be worse than this.
Speaker 1: And I thought I hated snakes, but apparently, Perry I cannot stand them.
Speaker 6: Didn't your guy Brent Burns have like forty of them, a ton of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, when he when he sold his one of his houses here, there was a few that were unaccounted for.
Speaker 1: That that that's not could you imagine there is there is.
Speaker 7: Like they're probably dead, you know, they they got they got loose in the winter and into the walls.
Speaker 1: Like the probably is not good.
Speaker 7: If i'm if i'm Can you imagine if one of those things just pops out.
Speaker 1: Of the wall for the new owners?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I would burn the house down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, burn it down, not even calling the fire department. Let it go, boys, some chocolate and some marshmallows, Yeah, just let it go. Yeah, that's right. So anyway, if you're planning on going to China, don't Yeah, because it's flooding in their snakes? What more do you need to know? We're talking about water mooksins.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you just swim with them.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't want to, but that's what you know how we always say, like there, I was telling these guys this, like they always say, snakes are more afraid of you than you are of them. That's not true. With the watermarks, we'd be in the creek just wading through, cooling our feet's off, and you'd see a giant one and they're big snakes. These are big snakes. You guys call them copperheads up here. Yeah, and they he'd be just sunning himself on a rock and you could see them and you're like, okay, well, I'll just stay over here, and he'd get in the water and swim towards you, and you'd be like, you, son of a bitch. You don't understand the game. You're supposed to be afraid alone bigger than you. Yeah, come on, Yeah. I knew a guy in Florida.
Speaker 7: They were him and his buddy were in the army and the military, and when they were on and off day they were surfing kind of the inner coastals and the waterways and everything, uh, water skiing. And when they they're one of his buddies went down, like it took a while for his body to come back up, which is not normal. And when the body finally floated to the top, it was just covered and surrounded in watermoccts.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are you when you say body? Was he dead? Yeah? Really? Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh man, these bastards.
Speaker 1: Are they are dude. Yeah, some golf enormously.
Speaker 7: And like you hit your ball into the water and it could be in two three inches of water and you can see them just hovering like please please, please stay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come over around area, Come get this ball. No, thank you, this is yours, comarre. Yeah, you can have it. It's yours now. Yeah, And you were saying that.
Speaker 7: Down by Yeah when Nona, And this is literally twenty years ago. There's some farmers got some tax relief for some kind of right off for letting some of their farm lands like that was up on the top of the hills and everything get turned into rattlesnake habitat.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, are we are rattlesnakes nerve to Minnesota? No? Is it? How can it be warm enough? I don't think.
Speaker 9: I don't know, but that's I think that it says here that there was a limited amount in like remote.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he said he had killed one a couple of days before. I went down there and hunted on his land, and I told him I'm never going to come back here.
Speaker 1: And I've never gone back there. I don't know. A timber rattlesnake is the most common venomous snake in Minnesota. Designated as a threatened species and strictly protected, they are primarily found along forested bluffs south facing rock out crops and Steve Bluff's praise near the Mississippi. That's it, I mean, that is that's right exactly. Well, son of a bit, you got to worry about that too. Yeah, that's terrible. About about an hour and a half ago, I had laid down.
Speaker 4: Geart you here.
Speaker 1: That's what really matters to my friends at OVO, Lacy and I thank you OVO. You're Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 6: Putting Byron Buxton on the injured list, he will not play in the All Star Game, but the people who know better than I do think he will possibly be activated the first game back after the break, which is a week from Friday.
Speaker 1: Marti, if you're awake and listening, call us and tell us if that's true, because you know the inside scoop she passed away. Rest in peace, Marny. Man, that's guy's just injuries.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he was having he's having an unbelievable one of his best Yeah, man, I should know.
Speaker 1: This is somebody who was one of the main characters on a major market sports morning show. Is Royce Lewis on the team? Yeah, how's he doing? Really? Up and down? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Seeah, he got I mean he got sent down Triple A for a second thing. Yeah, but I mean just what I mean, Ludacris was here a week or.
Speaker 1: No close.
Speaker 9: Royce Lewis got the game winning right, I mean, the Twins did blow a seven zero lead, but still, I mean royce Lewis ended up getting the the game winning run there. So he's been he's been coming along a little bit, but I go for.
Speaker 4: Three last night. He's hitting two fourteen, So.
Speaker 1: Not great. Not great.
Speaker 9: Now, he's just not the savior we thought he was going to be for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he for a little bit there. Yeah, he seemed like he's going to be the man. Yeah, he hasn't quite hit his stride. And by that, I mean we haven't traded him to a team so we could win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the batting title.
Speaker 4: What really matters is.
Speaker 1: I'm not supposed to tell you about the snakes anymore. I mean you can't, please don't. I don't want to think about Okay, I'll tell you what more. A python owned by an Australian drug trafficker who ran a meth lab got addicted to crystal meth from the fumes and absorbs and through the skin. The very aggressive snake was put in a wildlife care program running a minimum security president Sydney and did recover from its addiction after seven months. Congratulations the recovery. Yeah, yeah, you know what. One step at a time, brother, One step at a time.
Speaker 9: Meth snakes sounds like straight to Netflix movie that you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I watched the Bear movie where you did cocaine Cocaine Bear, right, Yeah, that was pretty funning, pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was pretty Australia is just full of a man. It's oh yeah, it is terrifying. And when I was walking in the in the mountains, I had to legit at one point Google, like, what what do I do if if I actually see one, if I get bit by one? I have to have the number handy in case something happened, because, like I was telling you guys, off the air, I saw the sign that said snake habitat.
Speaker 1: I'm in their crib dog.
Speaker 4: Time to turn around.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my legs did the Scooby Doo circles.
Speaker 1: I was. I ran so fast. You don't wear the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood, you know, right? And what are you doing? What are you doing? Get going? Yeah? According to our guy Tom Pelacero.
Speaker 6: The NFL's free agency negotiation window opens March ninth, of twenty twenty seven. The reason that's significant is because it's one day after the twenty twenty seven Combine. According to him, it's the first time in years there isn't a one week gap in between. So this in this offseason, they'll roll right from the combine right into free agentcy.
Speaker 4: So there's that if you're into that.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what happened last night Texas A and m oh yeah, only four and three, not a great season. Alex is a rookie linebacker, you know, doing his best freshman vision. Thank you, thank you, and he's ascended now finally to starter. Yeah, and the undefeated Tennessee volunteers came to Texas. Let me tell you, I'm so proud Alex. He played his best game. We whipped the number two team in the nation. I think it was a coming out party for my young thirty one year old. Yeah. But he has eligibility, of course. Yeah, and he played great. He had five assistant tackles and three solo tackles in one sack for safety as a as a as a linebacker for the Aggies and things are looking up for him, and he's now projected to be a second round draft pick.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, do you go cowboy on it? Do you actually run the player? Do you just follow the ball carrier?
Speaker 1: No? I mean, I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 4: A cowboy means you just you do your own thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, it depends. I'm not great. Here's the thing. How tall is he in the game. He's six y four, yeah, and he's two fifty five, and he's I did make him a tad too slow. I must admit. I apologize. I made him so slow that he just can't cover a tight end of the backfield. But we're going to work on it. But you know what I have a hard time with, And maybe I'm not alone in this, but my left thumb is I'm gonna say, no, you can't say that. It just doesn't work. Right, left thumb? What's wrong? The little tiny joystick? Right? You have PlayStation? Yeah, the little tiny joystick you know you have? Right, and a left tiny joystick on the controller, and the left one controls the direction of the players going. And sometimes my left thumb. I'm gonna write a movie about it and have Daniel d. Lewis Star. My left thumb won't cooperate and I get so mad. And guess who threw his controller last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 1: There's you have.
Speaker 4: A lot I've broken.
Speaker 9: There's something when you do that, when you have to do the pump fake.
Speaker 4: The controllers cost too much these days.
Speaker 1: But if my dad's listening, I'm working on you're working on a yeah, and we're proud of you. But you have to do these practices.
Speaker 4: When you just take that thing and you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, those things are probably one hundred bucks. Oh yeah, I bet they're eighty bucks. I think. Yeah, the satisfaction.
Speaker 4: But the second you let go of it and it isn't broken, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh good, good, dude, there's a there's a drill you got to do as a linebacker. Drive and that's how you got it. That's how you got to keep you in your starting spot. You have to when the play starts. This is just practice. You have to have your guy turned left over and penetrate a circle and then come back and make the tackle on the ball carrier. Right. No, no, I needed to after this got you couldn't. I would turn my player left and my stupid thumb couldn't turn. I wanted to break my own thumb. I had to come in here this morning and my thumb and you guys have been like you've been playing in double again. I couldn't get it to happen. And it was his baddest punching my my Horsey and Red deveryd. I finally just was like, I can't do it. I can't do it. Nobody in the house but me and my cat. My cat wanted to say it. Yeah, your cat, your cat has it's a great game. Yeah it is. Yes, I got to figure out how to be better with my left thumb, That's what she said. Work it out, honestly, though, how he's six, he is, He's a huge, huge, and I don't freshman.
Speaker 6: I have small hands. So I played the big chunky Xbox controller.
Speaker 4: I like that controller better.
Speaker 1: It does not have little time joys. It does.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I like that controller better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if I can get a different controller, because I have the hardest time controlling that guy. So you go the wrong way in a drill, or you punch your horse at the hardest time with this thumb of mine, I'll tell you it's this thumb. Look at it. It's a little there, it's a little y. Yeah, this is the worst part of my body and I have a terrible PI. My boot was even all right, we'll break and come back. This more really matters. This a little bit from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center this week