Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Have you ever called somebody by the wrong name and you had been doing it for a good period of time. This happened to me on Friday. It's Mojo from Mojo in the Morning. Here phone Umbrade four four Mojo Live text nine five five zero zero. Of course we are your home of War the Roses, the second Date, Update five Lives to tell your Mom, Phone Scams, thirty on the thirty, Throwback, throw Down on the A Hole, all the hits, they just keep on coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I ran into a guy that I've known for at least three years. I was trying to figure out like when it was that I met him for the first time. It's been maybe three years, possibly even longer. And saw him over the weekend at a big event that we were doing. We had a cool event with a whole bunch of people getting together, a little charity thing on Friday, and walked right up to him because I saw him right away. We made eye contact, and I was so excited to see him, and I was like, you know, hey, it's good to see. How's everything been going, you know, how's the family, what's been going going on with you, and uh, you know, blah blah blah blah and uh and he said I'm good And I said, well, listen, Cole, I gotta get going.
Speaker 1: I got to go do a stage announcement. Why are you laughing at this? Cole? This is how how you said?
Speaker 2: It was just so easy, Like he just was just like, yeah, hey, Cole, let's go, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Said to him.
Speaker 2: He goes, Hey, by the way, I just wanted to just to let you know, I go. What's that? He goes, My name is actually Colton?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with Coldon?
Speaker 2: I was calling him Cole and his real name is Colton for more than three years. I feel like you were okay and he never No, I called him Cole. It's Cole and Colton are not the same name. That's okay, No, it's not. That's that's literally.
Speaker 1: The same thing.
Speaker 3: It's like, your name is Tom and Thomas, okay, the same thing as cold.
Speaker 2: It would be like if your name was Cavendrius and I called you Kevin.
Speaker 3: I don't know that inane, you know what I mean? It's Kevin and you said keV. That's the same as Colton and Cole. No, this is not it's not the short he's put in his ass. How do you get convenurious?
Speaker 1: Listen? First time, long time for Covender.
Speaker 2: But I was calling him for I was calling him the wrong name for this long of a time, and I was in there going why would.
Speaker 3: You not correct me a year and a half, two three years ago? You know?
Speaker 4: I know, dude, you know this from you who called you well, same thing with ma Sean. But I just had the same thing happened to me this weekend. Went to Vinyl Fest at Eastern Market, right, and there's this guy I see probably once a month, and I'm like, what's I'm not going to say his name, but he says to me he's with his wife. He's like, oh my god, I haven't seen you in so long. And I'm like, that's weird. And he's introduced me to his wife. He's like, this is Jason.
Speaker 1: He has a whole family.
Speaker 4: His wife is super great.
Speaker 1: I am, yeah, I needed.
Speaker 4: He thought you were completely the wrong person in person. I'm like, dude, I just saw you last week. How do you not want Why did you put your hands? I don't want him to see that I didn't have a race.
Speaker 2: Zach by the way he's at Vinyl Fest. Guarantee that guy's high.
Speaker 1: Shannon, what's going on? How are you? God?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: I am so embarrassed. I'm embarrassed because you know, at least say something to me. That's why Chelsea always gets mad at me when I call everybody buddy, Hey, buddy, I'll are you buddy because I don't know names that will what's happening?
Speaker 5: Mine's like, mine is the opposite. I worked in healthcare and my name is Shannon. I had an elderly patient who was hard of hearing, and I let him call me Janet.
Speaker 1: Wait, why did you go fifteen years on that?
Speaker 5: Because he I tried correcting him once or twice, and every time he called he just asked for Janet, and everyone in the office knew that he was asking for actually Shannon. His daughter fun day was like, who is Janet? And he pointed to me and said she's right here, and she is like, no, Dad, her name is Shannon. And he's like, you never corrected me, and I'm like, I did, but you didn't hear me, so I just.
Speaker 4: Left it alone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That's see. That's the thing. You guys who are getting called the wrong names. It's not going to be bad for you to just go hey, by the way, or or you know, subtly say it.
Speaker 1: I don't if it's an elder in the old folks, all let it ride. Really, he's been through.
Speaker 2: Is that why you felt that way was.
Speaker 5: The nicest guy ever?
Speaker 1: He'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Also, first time, you're the best. Take care of yourself. Appreciated, Jacqueline, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Hi? Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: I hate it when people call me Jackie and my name is Jacqueline.
Speaker 2: You know what it is is that people people want to feel like they know you and they're friends with you.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, like that's why a lot of people when they call my name, when.
Speaker 4: They say Jackie, I just ignore.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you're not a first time long time? Are you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Good?
Speaker 2: You don't want to say uh no, I I could see where you get, you know, upset by that, especially if you know a Jackie and that Jackie is not somebody that you like.
Speaker 1: That's probably what the thing.
Speaker 6: Is with you.
Speaker 4: Can I be honest with you, I'm a little lazy. That's too many syllables.
Speaker 1: That is Jacquelin, jack Olin, Jackie. I just say Jackie, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Text her hair says to keV that Colt is short for Colton, not Coal, and that you're completely wrong.
Speaker 3: If you getting off on one letter, you can go to hill.
Speaker 2: Has anybody ever had the person that you were on a date with, because there's so much dating that goes on, call you the wrong name throughout the date or even longer.
Speaker 1: What's up, Mala, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: Since kindergarten, my name has always been pronounced wrong.
Speaker 1: It's spelt m a y La, and I've been called Mayla, Marla, Miley, Milo.
Speaker 3: The list goes on as a kindergartener, as a kindergartener, Oh, I was angry, angry, the little kindergartener.
Speaker 1: Now it's just like it's it's Mala. But that's okay, pretty name.
Speaker 2: Just deal with it right After a while, it's like, I'm not going to get too angry over what's up, Carissa?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Good morning? Hi? So my name is Carissa, obviously.
Speaker 4: And I'm a coworker that calls me Clarissa with an L and.
Speaker 1: I've corrected her.
Speaker 5: I've corrected her.
Speaker 4: So many times and now i just am like whatever, I'll respond.
Speaker 1: To it, but she goes back and forth now between Carissa and Clarissa. Do you think she does it on purpose? Though? No, I really don't. I just think that her mind is just.
Speaker 2: Elsewhere, because I wonder sometimes when people do that, if they're doing it on purpose, just as a way to kind of like mess with you a little bit.
Speaker 3: At this point, if you've corrected her several times, she's doing it on purpose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's probably something. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Call her up Selma, We're gonna call her bitch, right?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Katie?
Speaker 3: High?
Speaker 1: Is Mojo in the morning? H Katie?
Speaker 2: Or did I say I thought for a second there, I said your name wrong? What's going on?
Speaker 6: Monday morning?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're doing good? We're talking about my buddy. Uh and now I don't even know what his name is. Uh, Colton, We're talking about Colton.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 6: So I was a assistant manager of a of a place and we had hired a girl named Sasha s A s A h A was what she applied on her application. And after three months she decided that the job wasn't for her, and it was kind of data typical, this isn't working out, And by the way, my name.
Speaker 7: Is Sasha out us until she just decided no, this isn't for me.
Speaker 6: So now I'm going to just be upfront and say, look.
Speaker 1: When you're firing her, tell her you'll learn her name. That will be the time that you do it for me.
Speaker 6: And now let's voluntarily.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's going on? Letitia? Is that with us right now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: You told me have to take the she out of it?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: Let do you have guys that have hard time understanding how to say that?
Speaker 5: Well, they called me Latitia and.
Speaker 3: I just do not rock with that.
Speaker 1: What do you rough? Okay?
Speaker 2: All ahead, chum off, you know what's funny? No, No, you got to do it in a sexy way. Uh, take care of yourself. We we love you. Take and by the way, a texture here that said mojo, you're absolutely right. Met a guy on a date was calling him Tom the entire time. His name was Tim.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: That's how I am with these two in our office.
Speaker 1: Where were you saying? Lydia? In my head, I was telling you to take Elizabeth? Elizabeth? Elizabeth? What's up?
Speaker 3: Hi? My mom? Well? First time on time?
Speaker 1: Hey on the.
Speaker 5: Pot my mom word associate.
Speaker 1: Certain things to remember things, and she.
Speaker 3: Was calling a woman that's name.
Speaker 1: Was down or fawn.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, f a w n Bambi for an entire
Speaker 2: Sport that's totally different that that that's off the table than the good day bye