Speaker 1: Variety from the two thousands, the nineties, and today it's Star one on one three, it's Marcus back with second date Update. Let's just get right into it. This is our dating segment, so let's pull on Grant.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Grant, Hey, good morning guys.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I just want to talk about your date with Olivia before she ghosted, So, like, what do you guys do for your first date? I understand you met online, but like, what did you do for the first date, because I'm trying to figure some things out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, you know. We we hit up a wine bar in the neighborhood and Pale Alto, and it was it was a pretty great evening. I thought, you know, she was very pretty, very stylish, put together everything I love. We talked about our pets and traveling and our favorite comedians and stand up specials and stuff, and it was great. I really thought it was a great date and I wanted to see her again. And you know, then she just she just like stopped responding.
Speaker 2: So nothing at all. This is like a full good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a ghost like it goes, you know, it was just yeah, I don't know, it's very hurtful, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Sure I've got Grant on the phoney's standing by about to call his date Olivia. So very simple wine date in Palo Alto. But she has ghosted, Is that right, Grant?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, okay, and your estimation the date went fine, like good times.
Speaker 3: I thought it went great. I mean, yeah, we seem to have good conversation and you know connection, and yeah, I thought it was a great date.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead and give her a call, Go ahead and meet your phone bud. Here we go.
Speaker 3: You got got it?
Speaker 2: Well, is this Olivia? Olivia? This is Marcus from Star one O one three.
Speaker 4: From where?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I do a radio show for iHeartRadio on one on one point three in San Francisco. I wonder if you got a second to be.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 4: Sure, I don't know what is this show?
Speaker 1: Sorry, So we do a segment on the show called second Date Update, And I got sent your phone number by a guy who's been on a day with you recently said he had the best time. Feels like he's getting ghosted and we're just trying to figure out did my guy screw up? Did something happen? Maybe you've just been busy. Do you have a second to talk about your day with Grant. Sure, did you ghost and did something go wrong?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: I don't know about ghosting, but I don't know what to say. I mean, it was an okay dated.
Speaker 1: Okay date that was gonna be my question. Was it a good date? An okay date? Just at first?
Speaker 4: You said? Well, at first I thought yeah, At first it felt like it was going really well. Grant came off pretty put together, but sudden, you know, the little lad started kind of popping up.
Speaker 2: Okay, what happened?
Speaker 4: Well, early in the night he referred to his apart meant as the pod, and I kind of thought he was kidding, you know, like just that that's what he calls his apartment, but he wasn't. He explained that he lives in like a hyper efficient minimalist pod because unused space is wasted energy. So that was sort of interesting. Sure what to make of that? And then I guess I can only say that he sort of like moved into what I call like a lecture mode where he spent almost ten minutes explaining something that he calls the Alpha seating strategy. Strategy. To me, I've never heard of it before. Basically, he was talking about how where you sit on a gate affect attraction and power dynamics. And then like half thruit way through his explanation, he stood up and asked me to switch cares with him so that I would be angled better towards the room.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. Yeah, interesting, and did you did?
Speaker 4: You did? Like I wanted to keep things moving. Yeah, but it was weird. I felt really uncomfortable. Sure, so that was interesting and then much more. Yeah, that's when things really fell apart. When the check shut up, Grant reached into his jacket and he just starts pulling out all of this, like loose change to tip, like coins just kind of keep on coming, and a few roll on the floor and he's just gathering them up and then placed them on the check presenter. Okay, it was a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, I'm getting a visual now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Olivia. Part of the segment is Grant is actually listening in. We're trying to use this as a teachable moment. I'd like to bring him on so we can discuss if that's okay with you.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, Grant?
Speaker 2: Are you there right?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: This is a lot of stuff, man, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, listening to Olivia talk about this stuff. I didn't think it was a big issue at the time. And you know, I'm very true to who I am. You know, I live in a pod because you know, I'm a minimal minimalist.
Speaker 2: Is that actual pod?
Speaker 3: It's like the size of like, you know, like a walking closet, I'd say, you know, with the with the with a little bed and and very minimal things. And that's that's how I live.
Speaker 2: But also deal with change.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'm gonna say change is everywhere in our life right now, on the world climate, you know.
Speaker 2: And no, no, I mean I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Coins yeah, yeah, yeah, changes coins in my in my vision, you know, the cash currency is out there and we have to spread it around because you know, what are we going to do with it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And and the tip seems appropriate with with it's change. You know, I don't know what else to do with it besides paid forward.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about this alpha seating strategy, you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's it's more about posture and energy. I'm just trying to make the date go better for both of us. And you know where Olivia was seated, it just wasn't wasn't working for me.
Speaker 2: And I needed.
Speaker 3: I need to have better angles because when you have a when you have a correct angle, there's a better connection for everyone.
Speaker 2: Olivia, do you so? I ask, are you resonating with all of this now that we have some explanations or not.
Speaker 4: No, it just felt a lot less like a date and more like being coached. Didn't corrected all night. So it's not you weren't rude or anything, but like I just I didn't feel relaxed or myself or anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, our hang on, hang on. There were a lot of moving parts, sir. Second date update seven oh five, weekday mornings,