Speaker 1: We're celebrating in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: What join Corey can join Hot can join sauce I cast one thousand so November eighteenth to twenty third at Circa Resort and Casino Live shows, a Friday Night Bash and Purple Football at Stadium. Swim book with promo code power Trip Pray special room rate. All the details at cafe dot com slash Vegas.
Speaker 1: Hey Cory, Yes, sir, hold.
Speaker 3: I want to say you.
Speaker 4: Have the odds changed for your beloved Minnesota Vikings since they named a starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: My guess is no, I'm just saying that it should ever shouldn't have I'm just wondering, you know.
Speaker 5: No, My guess is no, because again, this is this was essentially a fore gun conclusion, right JJ would have been a massive upset. So I think all the sports betters that know what they're doing, I think they knew this was the the path.
Speaker 1: But let me look it up quickly.
Speaker 5: But my guess is it's I don't know if it's changed, but my guess is it's still right around fifty to one.
Speaker 1: That's what it was, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think any was eight and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Minnesota Viking drinking kinking. Just stay out of their way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this can't be right, can I can't imagine there he is wholave he's in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's hanging out.
Speaker 3: I'll good to see your buddy.
Speaker 1: You're banging. Life is going over under still eight and a half.
Speaker 6: All the.
Speaker 5: Yep, they're still fifty to one to win the Super Bowl and they are still eight and a half for the overunder nothing Draft Kings. So no, again, this is if this was If if this was Wentce or Brosema or JJ, I think the line would have moved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, but this was the obvious choice. All right, should we do the news?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, I think yeah, it's time to do the news. Here it is month like.
Speaker 7: This is k news Chris Hockey presented by the St.
Speaker 3: Paul St.
Speaker 4: Paul Saints, who, by the way, played at the Field of Dreams last night.
Speaker 1: How that go? Did they win? Did they lose? Was it fun?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 4: I'm sure that a fun time was had by all. I haven't talked to Jess Frasper about it today, but I do believe he was there.
Speaker 3: Looks like Saints gave up.
Speaker 4: Four homers, fell six to three to the Cubs. Minor League in the Field of Dreams game. But that's okay a twenty five they'll be back here at shs Field, a couple of weeks on the road, and then they'll be back.
Speaker 3: Get your tickets at Saints Baseball dot com.
Speaker 5: You can ask an obvious concessions question. Don't doesn't the Field of Dreams game have to have like the best roasted corn on the planet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that sounds just a couple.
Speaker 5: Of weeks away from the roasted corn at the State Fair sauce.
Speaker 1: Two weeks from tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Man Parker, if we asked you, are you pro State Fair or anti State Fair?
Speaker 1: I grew up not really going too much, So lucky you're in the middle. In the middle.
Speaker 8: Actually, it wasn't really until I would hang out with you guys there that I came back. Unfortunately will not be around this year as I will be on honeymoon.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's like Rosie having knee surgery right before the fair.
Speaker 5: You just happen to have a honeymoon to get you out of the safe fair.
Speaker 7: You had knee surgery.
Speaker 1: What do I believe he's on the men though? I think it's going the right way.
Speaker 3: Have you guys seen any video of the Field of Dreams, what the field looks like.
Speaker 1: I watched the a little bit of the Saints.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 4: It's bigger than I ever would have thought it was. But I do love that there is corn right up.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, they'll play Ray. That game tomorrow is on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Nice Netflix, the home of Brooklyn nine nine and Seinfeld and Beavis and butt Head and Stranger things and stuff.
Speaker 1: But still in baseball and baseball, I guess, like the Home Run Derby and the Field of Dreams.
Speaker 3: Game Baseball, Ray Baseball.
Speaker 1: Great film they never saw I probably should have. Oh it's so good.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you've never seen it.
Speaker 1: And I've never seen Hoosiers.
Speaker 5: There a lot of those, like eighties classic eighties sports movies.
Speaker 1: I was watching teen Wolf for the ninetieth time.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a sports film.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: By the way, I saw the funniest take on Teenwolf the other day on Instagram that I had never thought of. We always talk about how coach Bobby Finstock, famously, after he turns into.
Speaker 7: A were wolf, goes, let's play a little ball there, right.
Speaker 5: His immediate reaction is not shoot it, don't kill that, don't kill the whreof his immediate.
Speaker 7: Reaction is let's play a little ball, right, because it looks like.
Speaker 5: Scott Howard can spin the ball in his finger and he can dunk. And he's like, I'm a you know, a narcissistic, self centered coach.
Speaker 1: I want to win.
Speaker 6: I want to win.
Speaker 7: I watched this guy on Instagram say the coach for the opposing team needs to be fired.
Speaker 1: How does that guy, I'd never thought of it. How does that guy go, wait a minute, yeah, this game is over. I'm not playing against the werewolf. I'm not sending my kids out there.
Speaker 5: But he's like the fact that that guy doesn't raise his voice and say we're walking out, Yeah, that's a fireable offense. How do you let that game continue?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Like if there was a kid that was ineligible because his grades weren't good enough, or you're like, hey, that kid doesn't go to that school. Yeah, we're not playing this game that that kid can't play. This opposing coach lets a freak werewolf who can dunk, just dominate his teammate and doesn't say a word.
Speaker 1: You know, we fire that coach.
Speaker 4: We know because we've been watching the film, But that coach hasn't been watching this film with us, that where wolf might eat somebody.
Speaker 5: Exactly has no idea that it's a really nice guy just struggling to go through a transformation that is a horrifically scary event. And not one person runs for the exit, not one person in that small town. You know they're concealing him, Garyan. Not one of them shoots Scott through the chest.
Speaker 1: They just let him.
Speaker 5: Even Parker Fox, Harlem Globetrotter tricks and dunk the ball, and he scored.
Speaker 1: A thousand points that game.
Speaker 5: And the opposing coach said, as Rosie would say, nearly a whisper of wind, not one word out of that coach's mouth.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna tell you what else. Even though the crowd's not big when that happens, if I were in that stands, I wouldn't be thinking there's a werewolf.
Speaker 4: I'd be thinking I should probably go to beat the crowd. I should probably leave.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, because people get more than this. This place is gonna.
Speaker 3: Be packed, and I don't want to be stuck in traffic.
Speaker 4: I always feel that there is an itch inside me as soon as I get anywhere.
Speaker 3: Tell me it might be time to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we should back up.
Speaker 7: Wrong with we just got here?
Speaker 3: Just wrong with me? I know, I know you get married, abb but I gotta.
Speaker 1: Beat the traffic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with traffic? So much talk amongst yourself? Okay, which one is it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: This one?
Speaker 1: I think it's this one?
Speaker 3: You want to forfeit the Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 7: No? No, my players have league scoring records of state.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be fair to them. I just thought if we quit now, you could beat the five o'clock traffic. There's a lot to learn from losing. I will play.
Speaker 3: If it's that a big a deal to you, that's me, that's me.
Speaker 1: That's so good. So he wants to four fit before he has the wolf ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to beat the five o'clock traffic. Jeez, got I feel that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel it.
Speaker 4: Get ready for the heavens put on a show as the pre sde meteor shower reaches its peak this week. Happens as the Earth passes through the trail of debris left behind by the swift tuttle comet, debris that burns up on hitting the atmosphere. The best time to watch will be overnight. Imagine that Wednesday into Thursday August.
Speaker 3: I went a moon offers darker skies.
Speaker 5: You know what's insane? So you ever's been around for like four point five billion years? Right, the moon crashed into us, Right, the ye meteor that killed the dinosaurs crash into us. But in general, because space is a whole lot of nothing. Isn't it nuts that we don't get hit hard more often? But there's just nothing. There's nothing to hit us. There's just so much nothingness. You know what I just realized, can't wait?
Speaker 3: Life is meanings.
Speaker 7: Today is the day Randy said, We're gonna lose gravity for seven seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wonder how that's gonna work out for Randy. He's supposed to come over today, so I hope.
Speaker 7: He will float away, probably, I hope not. I'd miss Randy. He had he's working text me over the weekend in the city. Was at one of his kids hockey bits and one of the parents looked down with seven seconds of no gravity and then just moved on.
Speaker 1: So what do you think would happen? We'd all die, but in what way?
Speaker 7: I mean, we'd all get crushed right by what the ceilings we just float away like if you went think about it so hand, there's no gravity, but the ceilings would rush us. Why would the ceilings be coming towards the earth? Think about it, though, that was a mistake, a panic. The answer here's the real answer. If we all right now went outside, we all stood there. First off, I'd probably not lift off the grounds.
Speaker 3: Yea, science isn't gonna get But.
Speaker 7: If for seven seconds we lifted up into the air like we had fizzy lifting drinks. The second that seven seconds was over, the crash down to the ground would kill most of us. You get pretty high in seven seconds, man, you.
Speaker 1: Can tell me. But yeah, daddy, think about it. Core, Yeah, cor thanks Maxwell.
Speaker 5: If Earth's gravity suddenly disappear for seven seconds, the results would be catastrophic. This according to chpt not Randy. Everything would become weightless immediately. People in cars, oceans, buildings, and the atmosphere would no longer be pulled towards Earth. Unless something was attacked to the ground, it would start moving in a straight line of whatever speed Earth was already carrying it at the atmosphere would also begin escaping. Air molecules would no longer be held to the planet would start expanding outward towards space. That's a problem. Yeah, So in just seven seconds, Earth wouldn't lose all of its atmosphere, but enough air near the surface would begin moving upward, creating violent winds and pressure changes. So the oceans would lift off the Earth's surface. The Earth would also stop orbiting the Sun. That's a huge problem.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't buy it.
Speaker 5: And when gravity returned after seven seconds, everything that.
Speaker 1: Had risen would fall back.
Speaker 5: A person who had drifted upward could hit the ground at an extremely high speed. Buildings, trees, vehicles, water and debris would slam back down, producing devastations similar to countless simultaneous impacts. The returning oceans and atmosphere would generate enormous shock waves and flooding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what Saustus said.
Speaker 5: Thank you, maxel So could humanity survive chat GPT says probably not without enormous casualties?
Speaker 1: Shat GPT, Sure you mean co pilot.
Speaker 7: Look, I know you've missed the last two shows, but we've had Molly Ringwold and Calista Flockhart reporting, and trust me, if we can give up on the guaranteed human we can.
Speaker 1: Give up on the co pilot thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wow, what did I miss?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: Molly Ringwald and Calista Flockhart have both reported from Vikings training camp.
Speaker 9: Not those one the ones you're thinking of, though, different ones, no relation.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a questions? Was it like their birthday yesterday or the day before? Not sure?
Speaker 3: Nope, I just couldn't think of any other names.
Speaker 5: So is Randy gonna, you know, harness himself to the Earth's surface so he doesn't float away today?
Speaker 7: I mean I think so.
Speaker 1: And what time is it supposed to happen the seven seconds of no gravity?
Speaker 7: I don't know. He doesn't know exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, he's got to be close to like a mailbox at all times. You can grab on, hold on to something. Yeah, hold on.
Speaker 7: For one more day, I think is what they were singing about. Yeah, what's said Manbyop? They're dumb? I mean, I'm not smart, and it's okay. It's okay to not be smart, true, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But you shouldn't like aimed for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you should try to think you know that seven seconds of gravitation?
Speaker 7: I mean I do think it's nonsense. It would be over everything would be gone.
Speaker 1: I think it.
Speaker 7: I think we would be kill if that was really a thing. Let's say that was actually going to happen today. I think we have enough scientists in the world that would have pre warned us months and months ago.
Speaker 5: Well, isn't that the I never saw the movie, But isn't that the plot of Don't Look Up? Isn't that the the Leo movie on Netflix where they're basically on TV saying like we're all gonna die and uh, nobody believes them at the point of the movie that it kind of sucks.
Speaker 1: I heard it wasn't great. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm depending on Carl and Princess Donut to get us to this thing. You heard what I said?
Speaker 1: Who's that like? You don't know?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: California Senators Adam Schiff and Alex Padilla are calling on online trading platforms to stop offering betting markets connected with wildfires.
Speaker 1: Oh yikes, yikes.
Speaker 4: They are among nine centators who apparently had to do so, claiming it profits off of disaster and could create harmful incentives like motivating people.
Speaker 3: To start fires.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people, I'm.
Speaker 3: Calling for gravity to go ahead and get out of here.
Speaker 5: I love gambling. But again, this thing is a problem. Yeah, this is just there's there's too many bad.
Speaker 1: Pass that this prediction market stuff can take.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I.
Speaker 3: Know you do.
Speaker 4: It follows a report saying more than one point two million dollars in bets were placed during the twenty twenty five Palisades and Eating fires.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yikes. Did you guys do the story on that hole in one.
Speaker 7: H No, but I read it. The guy that rigged the all that, yeah, got kicked out.
Speaker 1: Insane.
Speaker 5: Insane by the way, Hey, man, if there's something to be one, people will cheat.
Speaker 1: I ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
Speaker 4: The thing I just talked about, the Palisades and eating fires was nearly ten times more than what was bet on a recent San Francisco Giants game. So people are betting. They were betting more on these wildfires than they are on just sports.
Speaker 5: That's great, But we had Trump's teleprompter guy right that knew the speeches, was betting on prop bets based on speech, like there's just so much inside information or like you said, Chris, even more dangerous than how many words you could start a fire and win a giant bet I.
Speaker 9: Mean at one point there was about whether we were there would be a nuclear bomb involved in the Iran that that was on one of those predictions.
Speaker 3: How do you collect on that?
Speaker 7: I was right, Yeah, I'm alive.
Speaker 1: What over that guy? This is catastrophic for everyone button me.
Speaker 5: I would like to if you know, I don't want to immediately contradict everything I just said, But if Randy wants to bet me about the seven seconds of gravity, he can reach out to me. I'll give him any odds he wants. I think you said your house, Well, yeah, until nine, but then after that.
Speaker 7: I don't know how to get hold of him.
Speaker 1: Is at your house?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: At nine? I think somehow we live close?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: What time do you get home? Oh it depends what time were you told to get home today? Ten thirty? Sure, it's a good hour and a half to loiter around bad man.
Speaker 4: Speaking of loitering, we're going to go through one more segment with sports and saucy, and then we'll I've been laber at seven forty Streamyard, so you can look at.
Speaker 3: Him as well at Cafe dot com. Slash Watch brought to you by whom Hans that go.
Speaker 1: Unto Fiber Internet.
Speaker 3: That's right, you can check that out to watch Ben breakdown. Kyler, you're starting quarterback. Your home of all things purple is the Fan Corey.
Speaker 1: All the Power tim Morning Show.
Speaker 7: After this, Hey, it's meat sauce here for my friends at Connectico. I talk a lot about the things I love on the three. Prize is back.
Speaker 2: Grab one at any of our cafe and events, or anytime you see the Kfan Street Team this summer. Then redeem it at Mall of America for discounts and exciting prizes. Check out upcoming events at KFA dot com. Just make the keyword calendar.
Speaker 4: So much left to learn here we are seven twenty seven. Sports is what we do. We are the Power Trip Morning Show. Better Libraban soon, but right now we gotta go to Saucy.
Speaker 3: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 7: Rot you my.
Speaker 4: Friends at the Circa Casino Circa Casino dot com celebrate with us in Vegas. Why wouldn't you twenty five years?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Cafe dot com slash, I don't know, probably Cowertrip or maybe Vegas or maybe Circa I don't know.
Speaker 7: Uh, we'll talk about it with Lieber in about ten minutes. But your Vikings announce that Kyler Murray will be their starting QB. He will play this Saturday in their first preseason game against the Giants at tent or excuse me, neon pregame at ten. You can hear all of that right here on the fan of a after some New York.
Speaker 10: Some dialogue in house, and just kind of daily you know, analyzing the overall of where we're at right now. We did name Kyler Murray our starting quarterback.
Speaker 5: So when did he say that Kyler will definitively play on Saturday? And did he say or hints how much he'll play? How do you know he's going to play on Saturday?
Speaker 7: I say that was announced because I saw yesterday Partrick Betts tweeted something that the line went from like four and a half to the Giants and then it went back to the Vikings being one and a half point favorites because Kyler is going to play.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Okay, that's what I saw.
Speaker 7: I would assume me'll play, right.
Speaker 3: That's what i'd heard too, But I don't remember now that you asked me that correct. I can't remember where I heard that.
Speaker 5: You know, it's crazy because if he was a he's twenty nine, he was an established twenty nine year old quarterback.
Speaker 7: He shouldn't be playing in the preseason, you know what I mean. Yeah, but it's a new offense, Yeah, new teammates.
Speaker 8: ESPN did announce that Kyler Murrays expected to play on Saturday's preseason game against the New York Giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe he did say it in the pressure.
Speaker 7: I think he did, Yeah, because I mean, he'll play for.
Speaker 1: Series.
Speaker 7: I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Doubt I've been total see now, I'm not sure I'm remembering that he's that he was going to pay.
Speaker 3: For a half.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Yeah, that's way too much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because then you got to the starting offensive line out there for a half.
Speaker 6: Dad that said it.
Speaker 3: I think Ben said it on Monday on this show.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry Ben if I'm wrong about that, But I thought that he said on this show that he thought, and again things have changed since then, but I thought he said that he thought one would play one half and the other would play the second half, and he thought those would be the only two quarterbacks that will play.
Speaker 3: Could I have dreamt that?
Speaker 5: I think, like you said, that was before they announced he's the starter. That was if there was quotes so competition.
Speaker 7: I can't believe Kyler would play half of a preseason game. Yeah, I don't if you're the starting quarterback because at twenty nine years old.
Speaker 1: That's because you.
Speaker 4: Remember Corey I said, we gotta be careful because will the first offensive.
Speaker 1: Line be out there right?
Speaker 6: No way?
Speaker 4: And you know JJ, Justin Jefferson is not going to play. Nope, probably at all.
Speaker 1: Right, so that's you name him.
Speaker 5: So you can have a full month at camp to get number one reps and that's why.
Speaker 7: And he can get all the reps or ninety nine percent of the reps next week against the Ravens exactly.
Speaker 5: So if he does plan Saturday, and I don't disbelieve you guys, if he does play on Saturday, I still think it's going to be very short, right, maybe a couple of series, like half the first quarter and get the hell out.
Speaker 1: Of there before then that's enough.
Speaker 7: We do have a full slate of preseason games this weekend starting till tomorrow. That Packers will play, the Lions will play. It'll be great. Can't wait football. The NFL season starts twenty eight days from today with the Pats at the Seahawks on a Wednesday night opener because the Niners play Week one that Thursday in Australia.
Speaker 1: Nice and they play who do they play?
Speaker 11: Hawk?
Speaker 3: They play the Minnesota Primaries.
Speaker 5: Did anybody watch episode one of Hard Knocks with the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 3: I've been watching QB one. I forgot about her.
Speaker 7: I just saw clips anything good because I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: It was just like the head clips.
Speaker 8: The head coach was mad at a d n for like bull rushing Sam Donald and then he kicked him out of the street.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 1: That's the only clips that I really saw that's hard, not pissed.
Speaker 7: Hard Knock.
Speaker 3: You don't bull rush our quarterback.
Speaker 1: Get close to Sam Donald, don't touch here's went of a super Bowl?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Be careful with the guy my sources, Koc said. Kyler is playing in the pre season game.
Speaker 1: Okay, they go still on in a how long?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: Again, if it's more than a quarter, that's insane.
Speaker 8: Wouldn't be, especially like with the Ravensky game next week where he can't get hit.
Speaker 1: That's another well.
Speaker 3: And and we have joint practices next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, uh.
Speaker 7: The NBA will announce its full schedule for the regular season. Hogs Daddy tomorrow at two o'clock, let's go and your Wolves all open at the Heat and then they will host a Christmas Day game against the Thunder at seven o'clock. Have you seen people on social media laying out that sports Day Basketball great games all day? In basketball, you have a Packers Bears game, give another NFL game, and then I think you have Seattle and the Rams as the nightcap.
Speaker 1: And it's elite sports Day.
Speaker 8: With where we sit right now with nothing on sports you get a little baseball here there to see that, to look cord to that, like, yeah, fires me up.
Speaker 1: The NBA slate his nuts too for Christmas Day. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's almost too much. Plus you got football. I mean, what are you guys gonna do. I don't know what I'm gonna Don't enough TV in the world for me to watch all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the ratings for the NBA is going to be terrible because that's that's again we talked about it yesterday. The NFL a couple of years ago said you're done, it's our day now move. Yeah, Basketball's day went full Captain Phillips and goes I'm the captain, correct, this is my day.
Speaker 1: Nothing the NBA could do either, And Max is right.
Speaker 5: The five matchups if you love basketball, those are five A plus matchups and like two dozen people are going to watch it because there's three giant NFL targets.
Speaker 1: To stay games that are competing with the NBA.
Speaker 7: Packers at Bears, Mass Great Game, Bills at Broncos, Rams at Seahawks, Good luck NB.
Speaker 1: I mean it could be Dolphin's Browns and still than it's Wolves at home on Christmas Day the first time. You guys, it's Chris's birthday.
Speaker 7: Why doesn't somebody get him those tickets for his birthday?
Speaker 4: Exactly why they're doing all these basketball games because it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, Target Center got that right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love it. They know I love it.
Speaker 4: They don't even do basketball unless I'm out there because they know.
Speaker 1: That I don't even do the basketball. The bast do it for me. Yeah, you deserve it for Paul for Paul turn Oh yeah me.
Speaker 7: That's the twenty seven and seven Links battle to the Portland Fire tonight at nine. Yeah, the Links are twelve and a half point favorites.
Speaker 8: They lost to the Sparks last week, and that was a big upset because they were.
Speaker 1: On a back to back.
Speaker 8: They played Chicago and then they came to Minnesota and they beat the Links. But Taylor and I were at the game the other night and Kaylen McBride hit ten threes and forty three points at a WNBA record. It was the craziest thing I'd ever seen. Like she would catch the ball and it was like that Klay Thompson game where he had thirty seven points in a quarter and she got him up fire and hit ten of them. And defensively, she was guarding Page Beckers, so she was kind of doing double duty and set that w A records.
Speaker 1: That was pretty sweet.
Speaker 7: The Minnesota Twins lost five too to the Orioles last night. The Twins are fifty nine and sixty two. Hold on, excuse me, same two teams today at twelve forties. Zebbie Matthews goes for your twins. They will play the Field of Dreams game against the Phillies tomorrow. Yeah yeah, man.
Speaker 1: Duh, that's really about all I got. Sports.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I covered it. You did it, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you college football.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they the Gophers, I think three weeks from tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna have a squad.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm looking forward to talking to Fargoing those guys about this because I feel like I've got incomplete information about your Golden Golfer football squad, Corse. Yeah, in terms of what I just I've been told that we have some really great players, but I don't know how great the team is.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Are we top heavy? Are we going to have standouts who are being held back by the rest of the squad.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean if you want those if you want those questions answered objectively and fairly, then Tommy Yolsen and Justin Conzemius for the two to ask, who else could you ask? They'll definitely give you the straight you know, date.
Speaker 11: Well one of them will, so yeah, Cargo will. I think the amount of money either of them can, they should be good. They should have a good year. I mean, the Big ten is the Big ten.
Speaker 8: It's you're not going to be able to compete with the Michigan's, the Ohio States in Oregon, but they have a tough schedule too. So but Drake Lindsay is he's ready to take that take that next step.
Speaker 1: Let's hope.
Speaker 7: So they should win the first three games. I mean against.
Speaker 3: Tommy listen State at a joke.
Speaker 1: That I think Mississippi State this year is really.
Speaker 3: Are they joke this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know who plays tight end for them? No, I believe Hutch's son.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know, somebody's birthday. But then they go on the road to Washington. Then they miss in. You know, they got as Parker said, they got some tough games.
Speaker 3: It would be so cool to go to Washington to see a.
Speaker 7: Football Yeah, it would be I think Tommy is going to that game for the day. I think there's a flight that leaves and he can get there in time and then fly home all in the Sash.
Speaker 1: It's a tough schedule.
Speaker 8: At Indiana, that's a hard I mean yeah, at Penn State, Penn State that could be the whiteout game too. Yeah, three games left. Yeah, it's a tough schedule. And then you're at Wisconsin. What's you over under five and a half and you hammered the under. I mean they're gonna win the first three games, right.
Speaker 3: Do you want the under? Because I'll put one hundred dollars right now in.
Speaker 7: The open I already.
Speaker 3: Have we already do?
Speaker 1: I think you already? But then you must not believe in it that much. I swear you guys already. I think we did l a at home. You're not convinced that they're they're they're not going to get there. You think they might. This is the swing game, right there.
Speaker 3: Hey, everything's a swingers game.
Speaker 1: Tell Tommy, let's see.
Speaker 7: I mean, are you sure we do?
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's please let me know.
Speaker 1: You've a bet on the Twins over under?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know we had hit for you last week.
Speaker 1: You guys bet on the Gopher.
Speaker 3: That sounds right, doesn't it? But maybe we bet on the something else.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think they're forty four and a half point favorites to open this against Eastern Illinois, you.
Speaker 12: Know, hideous, and you took the points. Oh yeah, yeah, man, preseason football tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yep. Oh that's what it was.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at parts of beds Twitter and you guys bet on the Cardinals over under.
Speaker 3: That's what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Because he said he saw Sports Center, remember, and they were dropping the balls and stuff like that, and he's just like, well, they're never going to catch the ball ever. And then they came out and played in the Hall of Fame game and they look pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many times they were really good about it?
Speaker 3: I watched there what the Hall of thing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I watched it live.
Speaker 4: I watched it the next day, and then I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold, sweat naked watching it again the other day, and I don't know where I was.
Speaker 3: I had to wander home.
Speaker 5: What Saucess Carson back. Make you nervous that you're going to lose that money?
Speaker 7: No? No, not at all. You don't think I can go four and thirteen or if you lose the bat I think they are.
Speaker 3: I think that was the easiest money I ever made. I mean, well, second year.
Speaker 5: It's pretty rare when a team goes one in sixteen or two in fifteen, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's super rare.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, do you guys have any idea who's going to be the starting quarterback? I'm asking, not that I care that much, but did I read that it looks like the Sanders kid might start a quarterback?
Speaker 1: He should? Yeah, I hope so screwed de shan Watse.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with you. Could he possibly be better than DeShawn.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a Pro Bowl quarterback.
Speaker 9: Yeah, at this point he is. Is he really Shawn Watson? Is he played the Pro Bowl last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Of course.
Speaker 3: When's the last time DeShawn actually played a football game?
Speaker 1: Then? Busy?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, Ben Leeber.
Speaker 5: In a second, let's talk about Kyler Murray, his thoughts on the future of JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 1: What do the Vikings do with Kyler? With JJ?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: What's what's the situation looking like in the mind of Ben Lieber will ask him for this power to Morning show.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I asked us to do one thing.
Speaker 4: Sauce come up with one question that literally makes Ben go that's a good question.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll try Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'll try it.
Speaker 7: Good load.
Speaker 1: You from the one it.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back.
Speaker 4: We got lots going on, Dave Swartz being here at the moment with a big announcement. I'm not sure I can say what the announcement is until eight o'clock, but our good friend Dave Schwartz will be here moments earlier. But but meanwhile, if you like me, love to not only listen to Ben Leeber, but to watch him talk, you need to go to KFE dot com slash watch right now.
Speaker 1: He's a beautiful man, not.
Speaker 4: Just that, he's a wealth of information and when he speaks, uh, he speaks with authority special when he's talking about the Minnesota Vikings and it is Vikings news brought to buy our friends at Radco right now. And believe it or not, you might not have heard, but there is some Vikings news to cover that right now. Here is kafans Ben Lieber, Hi Ben, how are you?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 13: I don't know if anybody likes to watch other people talk directly, do you?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's what social media is, right And speaking of that, it looks like you're set up with that awesome the footballs in the back. It looks exactly like the Sound the Horn podcast already great, Yeah, good start for guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, thank you. It's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 13: You know, if you saw the way my office is set up, this is about the only place I could do any.
Speaker 6: Sort of podcast or video deal. So this is it. This is all I got.
Speaker 4: Well, I would like to at some point, and we don't have to do right now because we have so much big news to get to. And I came to you late, because that's how I roll. You got a lot of footballs behind you, and I like every one of those is a game ball? Is that like one that's handed to you a game ball?
Speaker 3: Is that? Is that what's going on behind you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? That that is what they are.
Speaker 13: And I do have several downstairs that are just in a box, but uh yeah, these are these are like officially made up. So basically after the after the game, actually on Mondays at least, Childress would like basically come in the team media and say, okay, well here's the breakdown of the game, and here's here's a couple of Ada boys from the game, and he'd kind of goes through your stats and then they'd.
Speaker 6: Give you a game ball that they would.
Speaker 13: Officially make up, so it's not like technically a game ball, but you you know what I'm saying. Yeah, so they'd paint it up and kind of put your stats on there and put the date and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: So yeah, BENJ you hear that, uh Hawk had about a thirty minute conversation with your former coach the other day at TCO.
Speaker 6: Did he know, Yeah, wow, I'm sure that was really enlightening.
Speaker 13: Actually, did he blame. Did he blame you for getting fired as well?
Speaker 4: He did not, And we had a very nice conversation, and I really I think that you guys should have a talk.
Speaker 6: Oh, I tried.
Speaker 13: He basically, he basically stood his ground on being bitter towards me for some reason. And you know, we haven't talked since we were actually at the Hall of Fame ceremony.
Speaker 6: For Jared Allen last year.
Speaker 13: And you know, we basically did one of these like from across the room, like see ya, I see you, you see me. We have mutually no reason to talk to each other.
Speaker 6: I've tried. I've tried to take the high road. I've tried to explain.
Speaker 13: Actually I've tried to figure out why he wants to blame me, specifically for him making the decisions to get himself fired. But he doesn't want to hear it for some reason. Stuck in his head that the reason that he got fired.
Speaker 3: Then I have to do this. I don't know why. Something about how I was raised, I'm talking about it in therapy all the time. But I have to admit to you.
Speaker 4: I told Ben, I told Coach Children's I was on his side the entire time. I'm I took I took his side. I said, I think you're right and Ben is wrong. I couldn't help it. I was in a moment and I needed to be his friend and I needed him to like me.
Speaker 1: Did it work, Nope, I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, so I didn't realize, you know, at the time. You know, we all have perspective in life.
Speaker 13: Sure, I did not realize that when I told Randy Moss that he was fired and I was cutting him, I didn't realize that I had that power. Yeah, and then I didn't realize that I had to actually go and talk to management in the front office and say, hey, you know that guy that's like going to be in our Ring of honor in a Pro Football Hall of Famer, I'm just gonna go ahead and make the decision to cut him myself without talking to you guys.
Speaker 6: I did not realize.
Speaker 13: Again, we all live, we all learn about from past mistakes. So if I had to do it all over again, I probably would have talked to the front office and the ownership before I did that.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of ring of honor future ring of honor, remember Kyler Marius now your starting quarterback. And I had listened to your podcast, yes with Psiamisen, and I was excited to hear your perspective. But I thought the lovely listeners would love to give you twelve hours, let you sleep on it, and have you talked about it again.
Speaker 3: So give us your initial thoughts please.
Speaker 13: Well, I don't think anybody's surprised by the actual decision. I'm not surprised.
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't think anybody around there's paid attention to this thing is surprised by the actual decision. I am surprised by the timing.
Speaker 13: I really did think that they were going to carry this, this pseudo competition out longer. It clearly makes a lot of sense as to why they would do it now. I mean, you can make arguments two and four both sides, But I was on the side that thinking that they were going to push this competition really into the preseason games. See how they look when they actually have a small game plan, and actually how they look against a real opponent.
Speaker 6: That's not the case.
Speaker 13: And so you know, if you're looking at this from the other side of it, where I wasn't, it does make a lot of sense to stop splitting reps, to develop that chemistry and that rhythm with the wide receivers, to just really let the organization and the team in the locker room know that this is our guy, this is our leader for right now going forward, and you know, kind of put all your energies into getting to know you know, the way that he plays and the other way that he calls things, and just kind of get to know him as as your number one guy. And I think it makes a lot of sense. Ben Leber, Yes, is this the Is this the question that's going to stump me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I would never do that warm up one first, Yeah, I have a warm up?
Speaker 13: Well this is this is Is this the fluffer question before you get into the like, great.
Speaker 7: Question, you're mad at Brad Shoulders, You're not mad at me?
Speaker 6: Are you in the same campus?
Speaker 7: HOWK I'm on your side all the time?
Speaker 1: Go on?
Speaker 7: You know that. Anyway, What do you think the future of JJ McCarthy is, Because you know he's gonna to be the backup here, but like it'll be he'll be what four years into the league by the time next season starts. If he doesn't play at all this season he had the injury, He's only played ten games.
Speaker 1: Like, what do you think the future is for.
Speaker 6: Him, Sauce. That is a great question.
Speaker 5: I think it is just kissing ask because he's on your side in the children's battle.
Speaker 7: Say it, Come on, can't say it.
Speaker 13: It is a It's a great question because it is. It is the biggest question I think that the media and the fans are going to be asking about.
Speaker 7: UH.
Speaker 13: I think until we get actual closure or a conclusion on this, whether it happens one way or it doesn't happen at all, UH, and he rides through as the backup quarterback for the rest of the season. But I think that's a huge important question at the front office and Nolan Teely Teasley has to answer is where does he fit with the chemistry of this football team. And we all understand that locker room dynamics are very important, team and player alliances are very important, and you don't want those things to be distraction in any of those things. So you know, I I don't know what's going to happen. I mean, I don't think anybody really knows definitively for sure what's going to happen. I do understand from a really good connection that.
Speaker 6: JJ is not stupid. He understood what the the odds are of.
Speaker 13: Him winning this competition were. I think he knew what he was getting himself into. Uh, he understood what was kind of presented for him, and he attacked at the best way that he could. And with that understanding, he also knew that it was it was not going to go his way in the end, and he was not going to be a bad He's not going to be a bad teammate about it. He's not going to mope, he's not going to pout, he's not gonna create division within the locker room. He's going to do everything he can to support when the decision was made, and the decision was made yesterday. So you know, if it's if anybody's out there thinking that it's there's going to be movement with JJ McCarthy, I've been pretty assured.
Speaker 6: That it's not going to come from JJ and his camp.
Speaker 13: So I don't think that you're going to get any reports of him saying I'm so disgruntled, I'm so shocked, I'm so surprised, I'm so upset. I mean, sure, you're going to be upset that you are not the starting quarterback, but I don't think it's going to be so much where I'm going to run to the front office and Nolan Teasley and say, hey, get me out of here and trade me. So, if something like that does happen, I think it's going to come directly from the new the new leadership thinking that it's the best direction for the team.
Speaker 1: Hey Ben, that's Parker. Hey Parker, how are you, buddy? I know you doing. I'm good.
Speaker 6: You can put your hand down.
Speaker 8: Been You've been at camp a bunch. We've talked quarterbacks a lot. Forget the quarterbacks for a second. What is one position, one position group that is that you think can make or break this Viking season?
Speaker 1: Ah Man, question, that is that is a god?
Speaker 6: That is that is an excellent question.
Speaker 1: Oh you got excellent sauce. Some to think about.
Speaker 13: Yeah, let's stick with the offense. I think there are there are some question marks I think on defense, and I think we got some of those things answered on Sunday night, at least just in the one practice.
Speaker 6: I think the defensive backs look look pretty good.
Speaker 13: Uh, probably need some work at the safety position a little bit still, But I would say offensive line, that is the one position group that I think that we have to keep an eye on. Because of what happened last year. You can't predict injuries. Injuries just happen. And if injuries do happen, what's the what's the backup situation?
Speaker 1: Look like?
Speaker 13: We know that both quarter cannot be successful, No quarterback can be successful if you don't have a good offensive line, and we.
Speaker 6: Saw that firsthand last year.
Speaker 13: And you know, part of what we keep talking about with Frank Smith in this run game is, yeah, it's gonna look different. We all understand this, this wide zone scheme, It is going to be different philosophically. But I think more importantly it's where we lacked last year in the short yardage, goal line situations when we were trying to run the football. We we as an offensive line just never established a new line of scrimmage on some of those really tough rundowns. And I think for us to be successful, we have to have those small moments in games where we can rely on the offensive line in the run game to just plow through, to just be be the force, be the intimidator and move the chains in that capacity and not always rely on your quarterback to have to move the chains. So I think that's one position group that's I mean, our offense for sure is going to ride or die power offensive line plays.
Speaker 7: Ben.
Speaker 5: I just typed into chat GPT, what's a profound interesting question that would make an NFL analyst radio guests say, good question?
Speaker 1: And it said this, Uh, Ben, what's uh?
Speaker 5: What's a statistic you could create that doesn't exist today that would better explain winning football?
Speaker 1: And what would it measure?
Speaker 3: I'm going to disagree with that, Chad GBT, I don't think that's a good question.
Speaker 1: What do we not try?
Speaker 13: I don't think, Ben, I think we track everything at this point. My goodness, I thought it's got it's got to be something with quarterbacks and just some of the I know that we have like air yards and run after catch for wide receivers, but there I feel like when I'm looking at quarterback stats, there's always like a missing element of like, yeah, but you can't really give that credit to the quarterback that was kind of given to somebody else.
Speaker 5: So well about how about can I can I answer that for you and maybe you can help me. You go ahead, how about since Kyler has almost as well, Kyler has like a dead set two to one touchdown interception ratio, we were talking about that, like thirty minutes ago. What if we change you know, just like they sometimes take an error to a specific player in baseball, how about if like the wide receiver drops the football, the quarterback doesn't get credit for the interception like that, if it's a.
Speaker 1: Flat out drop, Yeah, we shouldn't give that to the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 13: And I think that's been talked about a lot too, that any sort of catch that you deem that you know, whether it's two hands or it was any sort of catchable ball that that turnover goes to call it the wide receiver or whoever it is, versus going to the quarterback.
Speaker 6: So I do like that one a lot.
Speaker 5: So how many of Kyler's sixty interceptions are somebody else's fault?
Speaker 1: All of them? Most of them? Yeah, all of them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, yeah, go with that.
Speaker 13: The other one that I was thinking that when I was actually breaking down and watching some of Kyler's film was how many how many yards you know, targets, you know, completions, attempts, all of that stuff is within the framework of the actual play, And I feel like that that's probably more of a pro football focus or whoever these these real analytic companies are. But when you watch the play, if he throws the ball down the down the field sixty yards for a touchdown, but yet he scrambled around in Patrick Mahomes's style and Kyler Murray's style and then through the ball, it's like, well, okay, that's that's an extension play. You know that was that was a creative play like we should have like a creative quarterback metric versus like what's within the system.
Speaker 3: One more thing, Ben, before we let you go, and I appreciate you stepping in because you didn't have to do this some thanks. Go be here tomorrow. Everybody wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: No I know, but I love I love you guys and whatever.
Speaker 13: Whenever you text me, I try to text back as fast as possible.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Ben.
Speaker 4: Here's a maybe an unanswerable question, but I want you to look into the future for me, and I want.
Speaker 3: You to guess. I want you to guess.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows that Ko is the quarterback whisperer, that he wants people to work within his system, but we also know he's a very very smart man. I heard mister Ben Gestling talking about this on his podcast yesterday, How much different will this offense be because Kyler is our quarterback?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? What the question?
Speaker 4: I mean, how many called runs where they'll be? How much how many different scrambling out of the pocket and then making a decision passes will they'll be that are actually called that didn't exist in this offense last year.
Speaker 6: First of all, Hi, Dave Schwartz, he's.
Speaker 11: Waving out you know, down, Hi buddy, Hi buddy, buddy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well you I actually heard a little bit of that when KOC was talking in his press conference yesterday just about I think there is this mutual understanding of really emphasizing what Kyler does best within the offense and not forcing Kyler to just run my offense.
Speaker 6: You know, in his words.
Speaker 13: So, I think it is going to look different, and I don't think that you're going to see a lot of quarterback run game in the in the field of play.
Speaker 6: I think you'll see it more in the red zone. You'll see it more in.
Speaker 13: The in the sort of the the tight red zone, and as you get inside the ten yard line. I think that's where he can be used in a more dynamic sense. But you know, you didn't see a ton. You didn't see a ton of real quarterback run game when when Jonathan Gannon was the head coach and Drew Petsen was the offensive coordinator, they used it a little bit, but not not probably as much as you think. And I don't think that you really want to use him in that capacity either. I think you just want to use his athleticism as a more as a creator an extender of plays versus true quarterback run game. So I think you are going to see quite a bit more shotgun. I think some of this wide zone scheme can be melted into the shotgun formations a little bit more. So I think you will see a little bit more of that and a little bit less under center. But again, I think it's going to be a mutual negotiation between the two.
Speaker 1: All right, final question, Ben, because and it's a two parter.
Speaker 5: The first one can be quick, the second one needs to be a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: First part of the question.
Speaker 5: Is if you're if you're married, is it okay to take like an ex girlfriend out to dinner.
Speaker 1: Just to catch you up? Yes?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 1: I would say no, okay because the reason why I said that's a bad idea.
Speaker 5: The reason why I ask is you know you you and I are married, But according to Chris Childress might want to play initials.
Speaker 1: Is it wrong for me to invite him?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 6: I mean he doesn't. He likes you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is a relief, right. I didn't want to break up with you. I didn't want to break up with you, all right, that was my final No.
Speaker 6: No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 13: Well, the funny thing is, the odd thing is, and I know I'm being I'm being hard on him because I feel like I've tried to mend this fence and he wasn't.
Speaker 6: He was really to.
Speaker 13: Try to mend the fence. So uh, thus my attitude towards him. But I really, I really liked him, you know, for you know, I was with the Vikings for five years, and Brad and I got along for the better part of four pleasure years.
Speaker 6: You know, I know that.
Speaker 13: You know, I was one of his guys that he would call randomly after practice or when I'm at home just to get a vibe, check on kind of what's going on. And you know, I trusted him, and I think he trusted me, and I actually liked a lot of his like dorky analogies, you know, for like motivational speeches. They were kind of they were kind of funny, and I appreciated the fact of how much work he put into, like you know, finding out different different things to kind of motivate us. So no, there was a there was I think a mutual appreciation until it just came to a screeching halt and uh. And since then there's been a reluctance to even try to mend that fence.
Speaker 6: So here we are then.
Speaker 4: One last thing, I promise you, then we're done. But I just had this thought when you were talking there momentarily. Can you imagine a scenario where it is August twelfth, twenty twenty six, and we're sitting here and our three quarterbacks are Carson Wentz, JJ McCarthy and Max Prosmer, And don't you feel so much more excitement sitting here on August twelfth, twenty twenty six with Kyler Murray, JJ McCarthy, Carson Wentz and Max Prosmer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I really do much.
Speaker 3: I mean I think this this is awesome.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's funny because you know, in some of the comments even on just on the sound the Horn Channel, and I'm looking through how many Viking fans are like not happy about this or maybe maybe not understanding that this was kind of inevitable.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 13: I'm a little shocked by that. Look, Kyler Murray gives this offense a dimension that it's never happen. Yeah, look at any quarterback that KOC has outside of the.
Speaker 6: Pastronaut, and I think that he's just like his own unique thing, you know.
Speaker 13: I think that was just like it was exciting for about four games and then we really saw what he was and what he could do and his limitations. But he gives he gives this offense a huge dynamic in a in a bigger weapon than that we had ever before in this offense. So I'm excited to see it. And by no means do I look at J. J. McCarthy and think that his career is over, Like I still I still think that he can have a long NFL career, And I think this is just a small little hurdle that he's got to get over and as long as he kind of stays true to himself and keeps grinding, I think it's going to be fine. But yeah, I think for this offense, This will be very, very exciting to see what a very athletic and talented Kyler Murray can do with our receivers, with our offensive line, and just with the way our defense is playing.
Speaker 3: Thank you for honesty, Thank you, Ben.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ben.
Speaker 4: I want to broadcast from your house. From now on, we should all come to you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't have the space.
Speaker 6: You guys, we're gonna be We're gonna be nuts to butts.
Speaker 7: Okay, calm down, all right, Ben, you're the best dude. Thanks man, all right, love you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, there's Ben Labor. All Right. We're way late for break, Yes we are.
Speaker 5: Dave Schwartz has an announcement after this talk, Dave our buddy Dave, after this power trip morning show on the fan Girl neversode
Speaker 1: From the one