Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again, Brigara running back to.
Speaker 4: Get in on the show called eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David vasselast day.
Speaker 3: Welcome the Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vasse with you until the top of the hour. Phone lines are open at eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. We have two lines open. After the Dodgers fall to the Angels today by a final score of thirteen to five. The Dodgers win five out of the six regular season matchups between them and the Halos this season, after dropping all six last year. But this was a very range game, more than you would believe in a thirteen to five type of game. Now, just to reset everything, the Dodgers now still in first place by a lot in the NLST with a forty two and twenty four record. There's seven and a half games ahead of the Diamondbacks, who were the only team in the NLS today to win. The Diamondbacks are seven and a half back, the Padres, who have lost eleven of thirteen, are eight back, The Giants are fifteen and a half games back, while the Rockies are eighteen back. But this was a weird game in more ways than one. Because let's start with the home played umpire, Dan Iosnia, who's a really good umpire but today just wasn't on his game, and a couple of things that impacted the game. Let's start in the second inning, when you know, Jose Siri foul tipped a ball into the glove of Dalton rushing. He was pretty certain and adamant, and the replay showed that, uh, you know, Dan i Asonia missed that one. Instead Jose Siri walks and then the number nine hitter, the catcher that everybody knows now, the backup catcher for the Angels, Sebastia, have hit a bleeder over the head of Alex Friedlin in no man's land to score two. If if Emit Sheen gets the call there, that inning is not what it turned out to be. Also, maybe a more egregious and more confusing chain of events involving the home played umpire was in the uh in the seventh inning, or excuse me, in the sixth inning where or I'm gonna reset that fourth inning?
Speaker 3: Uh, there should have been a.
Speaker 2: Swing appealed on a check swing that you know, quite honestly, there was some confusion with the ABS.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The ABS was something that you know, it's a great tool, but here is something where is a little bit of a gray area.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Nick Madrical at the plate working a twelve pitch at bat against Alex Vesia full count, a pitch that originally was called strike three that would have ended that inning in the fourth. Instead they go to the ABS and they say, no, it's a ball. So it is a full count, right, and that turns into a three to two count after the count coming into it was two to two. So on that pitch that was rule overruled and turned into from a strike to a ball, Nick Madrical actually swung. If you go back and look at the replay, it was a swing. And here's my question, Okay, on an ABS call like that, if you're if the call is overturned to a ball, but the hitter didn't check his swing, shouldn't that be strike three? That's a rule that I'm not sure about, and you heard Dave Roberts allude to it. There's gotta be a little bit more clarity on that, because whether or not the pitch was a strike or not, he swung at it, he offered at it, and that should have been strike three now as far as the game goes, And that's where it really is decided inexcusable for the Dodger pitching staff, which threw two hundred and six pitches to allow the Angels, who are not a very good hitting team. But the Angels six through nine hitters go thirteen for fifteen with ten RBIs and ten runs scored, including the Angels backup catcher Sebastian Rivero going five for five with six RBIs. Now, a couple of those hits were a product of luck with him, you know, just getting bat on ball and it finding some grass in the fourth inning. I still don't understand why the Dodgers had the infield in only being down a run with one out in the fourth and Blake Trinon on the mound with the number nine hitter, slow un running catcher Rivero at the plate. What the infield in tells me is you don't believe you're going to score a lot of runs today, which I find really.
Speaker 3: Hard to believe.
Speaker 2: And it turned out to be true, even against Jose Soriano, who has been very human the last few weeks, including against the Dodgers in Anaheim. So forget about whatever you think the play should be or what should have taken place there. Infield in is a signal to me that you don't believe you're going to score a lot of runs there. And if Alex Frielan's playing at normal depth, he makes the catch on a bleeder that barely hit grass in that fourth inning, and then all of a sudden, it's four to one turns into six to one, and the Dodgers come back big time against Soriano in the sixth inning thanks to back to back home runs by Dalton Rushing and Ryan Ward. So all of a sudden it's a six to five game. And I understand Dave Roberts was put in a bad spot with she and only going an inning and a third in him having to go to his bullpen and look, he's got to save Kyle Hurt and or Tanner Scott for the eighth and ninth innings, but I'm not questioning that part. Jonathan Hernandez goes out for a second inning and the Angels bashed him for six runs on seven hits in that seventh inning, and nobody went out for a mound visit. A six run seventh inning, a two run home run was hit, and then a few batters later, the lineup turns over for Zach Netto.
Speaker 3: In between Adele's two.
Speaker 2: Run home run and Neto's three run home run, somebody needed to go out to the mound to give this guy a breather. I mean, I'm not saying take the guy out, but how about Dalton rushing going out and just slowing the game down a mound visit. How about a mound visit to slow the game down if you need Hernandez to get through that seventh inning after that two run home run to Adele, you gotta go out there and settle him down. He's Jonathan Hernandez. I know he's pitched well in the first eight or nine games with the Dodgers, but he's Jonathan Hernandez. You gotta go out there and slow the game down for him. And I thought that was a big mistake, and that was part of the reason why that inning got away from the Dodgers. Eight six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day for heart pounding action and new experiences. Visit Santa Anita dot com and look, if you want to talk about the Dodger offense today, it was really good in that sixth inning, but far and few between outside of that sixth inning. And it's hard to continue to ignore the struggles of Kyle Tucker, who is ozer for four today, who is now hitting two thirty six with an OPI of seven sixteen. You know, you go back to the second half of last year with the Cubs, this has been Kyle Tucker. In fact, Kyle Tucker in the second half of last year, I guess he was dealing with the wrist injury, but nonetheless hit two thirty one and only slug three seventy eight. It's looking a little similar so far in his first few months with the Dodgers, and nobody can seem to give me any sort of real clear idea about why they believe Kyle Tucker has been playing so poorly to start the year. This year, Tucker is hitting two thirty six, he's getting on base at a three thirty two clip, and he's only sl three eighty four. I mean, at this point in time, it's becoming incredibly difficult to ignore what's going on with Kyle Tucker. Eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to the phones, Manny and Sam Miguel. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse. How you doing, Manny.
Speaker 5: I'm doing good day. Thanks for taking my call. Man Yeah, you just you know, you take the words kind of part of my call out of my mouth is at this stage, you know, the offensive struggles are hard to ignore. I think entering the game he was Kyle Tucker. That is is he was one ninety one average at home for a cleanup hitter, number three hitter is to me, he's inexcusable. You should not have that guy at the top of the order.
Speaker 3: The other thing that well, Nry Manny hold up.
Speaker 2: The reason why he was hitting that high today was because Will Smith and Mookie Betts were out of the lineup, so is Andy pot Has. So that's the reason why Kyle Tucker was hitting third today. And I don't think and by the way, I think it's that much to ask a player that is a pretty good hitter in his career, forget about the salary. I don't think it's that much to ask for one day for Kyle Tucker to hit third.
Speaker 5: I agree, but when when those guys are in the lineup, he shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the order and until hitting fifth, good good, well even fifth, maybe he should be you know, seventh Ray at this point. But but regardless of that, Dave, the defense today was also not what you want to see. He just looked a little lax. Of days ago. He missed, he missed the catch in foul territory that he any any outfielder should make. And then he had that like the one.
Speaker 2: Where he's sliding towards Uh, the one where he's sliding towards the wall.
Speaker 5: That was even it was half the slide. You should have got. The guys on TV said he should have that ball.
Speaker 3: Who said that just.
Speaker 5: Uh, Steve, Steven Nelson and Steve, the guys that were doing on the TV my beat. But they said, they said, any big ly outfielder should have that ball, And I agree. It didn't look that difficult.
Speaker 3: It hit his glows It hit his glove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I understand that, and look many that when things are not going good for you and you're missing balls like that, and let's face it, maybe he got a late jump on it too. I think we all want to see a little bit more from Kyle Tucker in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I agree percent David. Let's hope to turn this thing around, and let's let's get the train back on the tracks.
Speaker 2: Here for everybody, Okay, the train is not off the tracks. Man, you're making a lot of crazy statements here. The train is not off the tracks. The Dodgers won two out of three from the Angels. They beat them nine to two last night. They had a walk off home run from Freddie Freeman on the first night. They have forty two wins and are seven and a half games ahead of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Yeah, maybe Kyle Tucker needs to get the train back on the track, but his teammates are picking him up in a big way. He's the guy that needs to get the train back on the tracks, not the team as a whole. Let's go out to Mission Viejo. Bill, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Bill?
Speaker 6: Pretty good? Thanks for taking my call. I had one quick question for you. You said that the five arbis by a catcher hasn't happened since in Boston. Was that against the Dodgers or was that the Dodgers?
Speaker 2: I said, I said, I said, you see, you can't just hear. You have to listen to the show, my friend, I said, Sebastian Rivero not only five hits but also six RBIs in the same game for an Angel's catchers, the second time it's happened. The only other time the Angels have had a catcher with five hits and six RBIs in a game was a guy by the name of Carlos Perez against the Red Sox in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: So it's for the Angels.
Speaker 6: Also, I just wanted to point out that foul ball bumped up Shean's pitch count pretty good too.
Speaker 7: It did, was missed it did.
Speaker 2: But look, I'm not going to say that's a routine foul ball to catch. I mean he was sliding and oh you know, right against the short wall. But yeah, I mean he hit his gloves so in the sun. I'm not going to say it's routine. It's not like he was right camped underneath it. But yeah, he probably should have caught it. I'm not going to say it's routine. I think that's the least of the issues.
Speaker 7: Bill.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers need Kyle Tucker to start hitting. That's the bigger issue.
Speaker 6: Rad I was going to tell you the nineteen twenties is the last time the six three to ten batting order had that the thirteen for fifteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Bill, appreciate that. Were you there?
Speaker 2: Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number Angels beat the Dodgers today, thirteen to five. Let's go out to Glenn Dale. Robert, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Robert, Hey.
Speaker 7: Dave, thanks for taking my call. I was from to call with your comments on Kyle Tucker, and I just wanted to ask you because I got a couple of friends that are diehard Cubs fans and what they tell me about Kyle Tucker and I don't know if this is true or not. That's why I want to ask you, is that he doesn't have a reputation of being the most coachable player, that he doesn't necessarily want to look at the zapp bats on video or he kind of shows up to the bar park and does his thing and has his way of doing things. And as the doctor Insider, I just wanted to ask your insight on that. And for someone that on this particular show is talking about how he needs to get it going, what's your insight on how he can do that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Robert, don't hang up, so you should listen to this. Number One, Kyle Tucker is on the record in interviews with myself that has said he's not an iPad type of guy and watches the game and has his own routine when it comes to getting ready for the game. I got news for you, Robert, Freddie Freeman doesn't focus on an iPad. He's watching the picture, he's watching what's happening in the game, and he doesn't take a million swings before the game to get ready. So if you're going to criticize Kyle Tucker, that would not be one of the areas to criticize Kyle Tucker. There's a great I don't even know if Sports in at LA is going to post this robber. But a few days ago, Nomar Garcia Para did a great breakdown of Kyle Tucker when he was going really good in the first half for the Cubs last year compared to where he's at with the Dodgers right now. And basically what it comes down to is he's overstriding, is my takeaway from Nomar on what he's saying. He's overtriding, which is affecting the way his bat is coming through the strike zone. The barrel of the bat is flat, and that all starts with his stride. So a lot of times it's not that complicated. And again, Robert, here's my thing. No, mare Garcia Para is out here every day for batting practice for home games. One of these guys like Mookie Bets, who's not even hitting two hundred, or Kyle Tucker, if you they have the TVs on inside that clubhouse, if he sees that, or he sees no Maar and he's struggling and he can't find it, how about tapping into a different voice like that. And I think Mookie Bets at this point in time, even though his betting average is under two hundred. He's hitting the ball better than Kyle Tucker is even though they're for outs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm with you there, and that makes a lot of sense. I know that. You know, overstriding can cause issues with the head position, also if your head's moving while you're trying to see the pitch.
Speaker 3: So I need the green light from Nomar.
Speaker 2: I need the green light from Nomar to post the video that he had on Sports and at LA because I haven't seen it on their Twitter account. They should do that and maybe tag Kyle Tucker, you know, free free batting lesson from Nomar for Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 7: All right, well, I appreciate the input and I'll be hopoit to listen to the rest of the show on on my driving home from work.
Speaker 2: Okay, Robert, thanks a lot for calling in eight six six nine seven two five seventy. Yeah, I caught that the other night because they do replay the postgame shows, and I did catch Nomar's demo of what he believes is causing Kyle Tucker's struggles. It's not about watching an iPad. It's sometimes as simple as overstriding and that causing the back to lag through the strike zone. He made it so he made an idiot like me understand what he was saying. So that's how good it was. Let's go out to Valencia. Lawrence, you're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 8: You are demand Dave. I have a question for you. Yes, how long is it supposed to be for a review to happen?
Speaker 2: As far as an abs tapping the helmet challenge? Yeah, oh, it's got to be immediate, within the second or two. You got to tap the helmet. And that's where Ayas Sonia left his mic on. You could hear Rushing talking to him and you heard him say I didn't hear him because it's got to be verbal. And also tapping the helmet. So you know a lot of times the guys are adjusting their helmet and don't say, hey, I want to challenge that, and the umpire gets confused. So it's got to be verbal. And also, you know, tapping the top of the helmet.
Speaker 8: Do you remember that one, three and two count during the game. I want to say, what the seventh inning or sixth inning? Okay, it seems like about a minute later that they went to the challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think that's the play we were talking about with Nick Madrigal because there was some confusion about ball strike.
Speaker 3: Did he swing or didn't swing?
Speaker 2: And that's the issue I had in the fourth inning where they overturned the call, and that's the same play. In fact, that ISOs Sonia wasn't sure if if madriic Ole was asking for an ABS challenge, but okay, it was a ball. We saw that on the big screen. But he did swing. He should have been he should have been called out. It should have been strike three.
Speaker 8: There were two strikeouts, Dad did Dodger it can wait from them all because of league challenges.
Speaker 2: All right, Lawrence, Yeah, I just think it was a rough day behind the plate for Dan i Asnia, no doubt. And I think the other one you're talking about is what we addressed earlier in the show. Jose Siri foul tip. It was caught by Dalton Rushing and he said it was a foul ball. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we continue, we'll check in with Jose Mota and also take more of your phone calls until the top of the hour after the Angels beat the Dodgers today thirteen to five on A five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: On air at AM five to seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassay.
Speaker 3: It's the pitch.
Speaker 1: Rushing hangs back, lifted in the or to right field.
Speaker 3: A Dell is on the warning track.
Speaker 1: He's at the wall. Pit's gone.
Speaker 5: Dalton Rushing with a three year run homer, his eighth home.
Speaker 1: Run of the season, makes it six to four.
Speaker 2: Dodgers made it a game in the sixth in name Dalton Rushing and Ryan Ward hit back to back home runs. Three run shot by Dalton Rushing, who was four for four today. Catching the Dodger pitching staff, which threw two hundred and six pitches today. That's a long day for the catcher. Will Smith was not available for a second straight game with a bad neck. We'll see whether or not he plays Tuesday in Pittsburgh. Daniels Jewelers since the home run forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card visit AM five to seventy LA sports dot com, use the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream.
Speaker 3: How about this?
Speaker 2: The Dodgers take two out of three from the Angels, but the Angels outscore the Dodgers in these three games. If you could believe that the Dodgers scored nine runs last night, they only scored one the first night, and they score five today. So they fall to the Angels thirteen to five. They win five out of six head to head matchups and take two out of three from the Halos in this three game series. Let's check in with Jose Mota.
Speaker 1: It's tough to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: Jose, what a day at Dodgers Stadium. This was a wild game. What stood out to you the most as far as the way things played out the in the sixth the way things played out with the home played umpire dan Aya, Sonya and uh Ema. She's struggling in that second inning.
Speaker 9: Dave, There's a lot to dissect in this one, but I'm going to go back to the bottom of the order. Bad so badly here today and not being able to put those guys away. It's one in which you know it's gonna happen occasionally. Emit she and unfortunately by Matregal just took so much out of him. Fourteen pitches, and it seems like one thing after the other, you know, from those defensive lapses. I think some of the energy was missing today, the urgency of putting somebody away like the Angels team, and they brought it today. I mean, and every single way you saw in way in the way which you know Dave rob Roberts managed she in number one, number two of the defensive thing that you were talking about with the infield end, that type of situation, which it surprised me too, because you're allowing yourself to think that, hey, you know, I don't have a couple of guys in the lineup. Maybe I'm not gonna score so many oun But you can't think that way. That's that puts the picture in a very bad situation. It gives a hit or a big advantage. I'm just putting the ball in play and without taking anything away from the Angels, I mean, there was way too many opportunities given by the Dodgers and every single last pit year it's an inquitting at bats that to me just didn't go deep enough.
Speaker 2: What do you make of that seventh inning where Jonathan Hernandez is asked to go out and pitch a second inning. I'm a big believer in slowing down momentum, and not just by taking the picture out, but getting a mound visit by somebody when the snowball is going downhill against him. I was a little surprised nobody went out there to try to slow that inning down.
Speaker 9: Some one of those those things that happens in the game like this day. But yes, you're right. You want to be able to just allow this guy to take a breather. He been out there now for the third time on the mound. The one thing with Jonathan two is he hadna coming into today at one point thirteen, he allowed one hit in eight innings and it just went south. Why because he has been so good at being a pitcher. But it seems like I for hit a threshold there. He became a thrower. He's like, I'm out here, I'm not going to worry too much about making the right pitch. I just got to throw the ball out of the plate. Hopefully good things will happen.
Speaker 1: I just didn't.
Speaker 9: I mean there's a few leaders. Yeah, that's part of the game too. You got to take it with the good and the bad. But too many strange things happened to allow yourself to get that close and not being able to put it away. But it all stars the one thing. Your starting pitcher sets up everything out of the bullpen, good and bad when they go deep. Everything set up so nicely and slotted when it doesn't. These are the type of games that you know, kind of follow you more times than not.
Speaker 3: What do you make of that rule, Josea?
Speaker 2: How how are we supposed to kind of dissect the rule of the ABS. And when there's a check swing like we saw in that fourth inning with Nick Matricoll facing Alex Vessia, you know there's two strikes on him. I understand that. You know, the ABS challenge showed that that pitch should have been a ball. It was a ball, but he did swing. It was a complet swing. So why was he allowed to continue that bat? And what does baseball have to do to try to rectify that in between type of scenario?
Speaker 9: It is a tough scenario because as a hitter, you think you wait a minute, I didn't go, but there's the appeal at first base. The guy said he didn't go, But you're thinking about, okay, which one do I take here? Obviously you want the umpire first fast to get say hey he went. It doesn't matter where the pitch one. So baseball needs to find a way to say there's a pause here to get the appeal. And then if there's the appeal just favors you, then you go to the pitch challenge. And it could happen both ways too. It could happen on the defensive side to day, because it could be you asking on the defensive side catch or a pitcher swing no swing on the appeal, or then ask for the strike. But a lot of confusing things happened today, Madrigal. Nonetheless, with the toughest that bat overall, hopefully things will be cleaned up a little bit more. Also with the obviously the checkswing rule coming up with their own system too electronically. But I won the appeal first, and I want to swing a mint and that doesn't matter what ABS says he should have been struck out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point, Hose. So you're saying the Czech swing call should come first, and then if he didn't swing, then you can go to the ABS challenge.
Speaker 9: That is what I'm saying, because you cannot force a guy on either side, the defensive side or the offensive side, to say which one do you want? You go right to what's going to be the most instant thing, which is did he swing or not? And then I don't want the first base umpire on the right handed batter a left him or the third base umpire and left hand a batter to be persuaded by the fact that they're still waiting on a call to confirm what he did or to go out there and counteract that. So appeal number one to me because that's the quickest way to get out of it, and then you go to the second option, which is the ABS.
Speaker 2: I in my opinion, all right, Jose, Tomorrow will be a good reset day before the Dodgers head out to Pittsburgh to face Paul Skins of all people. Great way to start a road trip facing Paul Skeens.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 9: I mean you're gonna be challenged by the Angels. There's a little wake up call.
Speaker 5: Why not happen tonight?
Speaker 9: Well, you know you're handsful because the Pirates. Overall, you know, there's very well days have played good baseball against the Dodgers. Skins is a little more humor, but nonetheless he's gonna turn on the notch and you gotta go out there and beat him. Pitchwell, defenwill and make the most of the opportunities of the business.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose safe travels to the Steel City and we'll talk to you on Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Okay, I thank you, I've there there, he goes.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast, and speaking of the Pirates, there into second to last place, but they do have a winning record this year. They're thirty four and thirty two, seven and a half games back at the Brewers in the now Central.
Speaker 3: Their run differential, though.
Speaker 2: Is the second best in the Central.
Speaker 3: To only the Brewers.
Speaker 2: The Brewers are plus one oh five and run differential well, the Pirates are a plus thirty. But they have lost three in a row, so the may be catching them at a good time. Let's take another phone call Randy, who is at the ballpark today? Hi, Randy, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 10: Hey Dave, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: My pleasure. Did you have fun.
Speaker 10: He oh, I had a great time, had a great time. It was not too hot, it was it was just a you know, a nice little breeze going. Great day for a ball game.
Speaker 8: Hey, just want to.
Speaker 10: Let some of those Dodger guys know that, you know what, we are not in trouble. Hey, six at a seven is great that some of the bats are picking up. We'll be just buying come October. I do have a question, Dave. Yeah, what do you think about all those dogs at the park?
Speaker 3: I thought it was kind of cool. Late in the game.
Speaker 2: It was quiet, you know, and you hear the dogs barking coming from the pavilion.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it was kind of charming.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 10: It was really cool. I've been coming to Dodger stated for years and I've never seen that because they have the dogs in the park, of the puffs in the park, I've never seen that many dogs. And Dodger stayed him at one time.
Speaker 9: It was great.
Speaker 10: It's a great day for a ball game. You know, you're not gonna win every game, it's baseball. But it was a great day for a ball game. And you know what, a lot of people left early and I got out of the parking lot just fine. Today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was happy, you know, a day game.
Speaker 2: Even last the last day game here at Dodgers Stadium against the Phillies, the temperatures were getting closer to ninety, so I was happy it wasn't too hot for those dogs out there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was a great day, great day all around.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, the Dodgers come up short, thirteen to five to the Angels, and the thirteen runs that the Angels scored today is the most they have ever scored against a Dodge team. And the thirteen runs the Dodgers allowed today is the most runs they've allowed to any team since the fourth of July last year. Now, I promised a couple of updates on a couple of injured pitchers. Blake's Nell, who is throwing now from about sixty feet. I was standing next to Freddie Freeman when Snell was going through his play, his catch play today. It's the second time in three days that Blake Snell has been playing catch from about sixty to sixty five feet. He only had his left elbow nanoscope procedure two and a half weeks ago. Usually when you have bone chips removed, it takes a lot longer before you start playing catch, but that's a less invasive procedure. The holes where doctor Neil Elatrosh used to get into Blake Snell's left elbow were minimally invasive, and that was kind of his thought behind developing this procedure, same procedure that Derek Scuball had, but Schooble's procedure only took thirty minutes, while Blake Snell's procedure was a little bit more involved. More bone chips needed to be removed in different areas of his left to elbow tricep area, so that took about two and a half hours, which makes Blake Snell play ain't catch two out of three days after having that procedure two and a half weeks ago. That much more impressive all around. And Blake told me that he feels great and he was clocked at throwing about eighty miles an hour from sixty feet today, So things are moving in the right in the right direction for blake'snew I could see him coming back before August if this continues to trend in the right direction. And by the way, Trek Scouble made his first rehab start today, So both these guys can thank doctor Elatrosh for being able to come back as quickly. That was the thought behind this procedure to get pictures back on the field quicker than they normally would be under the old style of removing bone chips. Also, Evan Phillips, who is extremely close to returning, who underwent Tommy John's surgery last year. He made his second rehab appearance today for Oklahoma City and pitched a scoreless eighth inning. So that's great news as well as he's basically going through spring training and the Dodgers obviously would love to have Evan Pillows back in this bullpen. All right, Tomorrow we have off day Dodger Talk for you at seven o'clock. You know I always find a special guest. We'll have one tomorrow night as well, So we look forward to you joining us tomorrow night at seven o'clock for off day Dodger Talk. And then on Tuesday, the Dodgers will be back in action beginning a six game road trip, three in Pittsburgh and three more on the South side of Chicago. Tuesday, Eric Lower will be on the mound in Pittsburgh going up against Paul Skeens, who is six and five this year with an era at three zero nine. Eric Lower will be making his third start as a Dodger. Our coverage begins at two thirty on Tuesday with first pitch from P and C Park at three point forty with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett. That'll do it for us today from Dodgers Stadium. Thanks for hanging with us on this beautiful Sunday afternoon in the City of Angels. Thanks to calling me back at our Burbank studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at the ballpark. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. We had a great weekend here at Dodgers Stadium as we were joined by Alex Vesia on Friday, Mike Trout and Miles Garrett yesterday, and then twenty twenty four World Series Champion Kirby Yates today, So you can find all that on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Once again.
Speaker 2: The final score the Angels defeat the Dodgers thirteen to five.
Speaker 3: Have a great rescue day, Be safe, see you six Just