Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 4: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion LA Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Friday nights, May fifteenth.
Speaker 5: Hope you're well as you're.
Speaker 3: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers twenty six and eighteen on this season. Go ahead and going to play first place atop the NL West tonight as they begin a nine game road trip, first stop Anaheim, as the Dodgers make the thirty thirty nine mile trek down the five Freeway to the Big for the Freeways series. Will climb on the mountain tonight for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Yes, he will be the opener. What happened to Blake Snell?
Speaker 3: You asked, Well, he was scratched a few hours ago, and about thirty minutes ago, the Dodgers announced that Blake Snell is going back on the injured list with bodies in his left throwing elbow. More on that throughout the hour. As we lead you up to first pitch. Coming up, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll get the very latest from the Dodgers skipper on Blake Snell. What this means for the rotation, How long will Blake Snell be out? Does this mean surgery? All those questions we hope to get answers from the manager. Coming up in about twenty minutes, we'll dive deeper in his pitching matchup as the Dodgers now go with a bullpen game, David Vas say, we'll join us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Dalton Rushing. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We will check it with Charlie Steiner coming up in thirty minutes, and of course it will head out to the Galloping Ford broadcast be with with Tim Neverdaan and Rick Monday in just.
Speaker 5: A few minutes.
Speaker 3: Well, last night out at the Revine, Emmett Shean was exactly what the Dodgers needed gave him six inning. He's allowed two runs on two hits while striking out six along the way behind him, a lineup that didn't look like the usual Dodgers lineup. No Mookie Bets, no show Hey Otani both. At the night off, the Dodgers went with Will Smith as the leadoff batter. He was your designated here last night, and Will Smith delivered right away.
Speaker 2: Also, keep an eye out for the sinker and the changeup. Throws one here and Will hits it high and deep tour in right center field.
Speaker 1: It's caring, it is back to the wall. It is over the wall.
Speaker 2: A home run for Will Smith, the first time he's ever let off a major league game. He leads it off with a home run and the Dodgers lead it one nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh how do you like that? Well?
Speaker 6: Do you think Will is saying, geez, hitting this leadoff spot is really easy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It made it look easy with that solo home run, his fourth of the year, first home run since April twenty fourth. In just like that, the Dodgers a one nothing lead. Then in the second heis on Kim in RBI single mid the Dodgers a two to nothing in the lead. Image She and didn't give up his first hit until the fourth inning and Rafield devers bloop single to left. Then in the fifth inning, a one out walk two batters later, Hung You Hung Jung Hu lead with a two run inside the park home run on a ball that just dropped fair down the left field line, got past Teoscar Hernandez and all around the basis went Lee to score two runs and tie the game at two.
Speaker 5: Image she would go the six innings.
Speaker 3: In the bottom of the six a little two out magic from the Dodgers thanks to the pinch hit or Alex call.
Speaker 2: It's from Gage and Carl loops into the right field. That's a base hit. Here comes Monthly into score, rounding thirds. Taoscar throw to the plate too late, he slides in safely down the second and safe.
Speaker 1: At second his call.
Speaker 2: Dodgers lead at four to two.
Speaker 3: Alex Call answered the call from the bench with a pinch hit, two out, two run single as the Dodgers took a four to two lead. Then Miguel Rojas a ten pitch at bat with two outs.
Speaker 5: On the tenth pitch, he delivered.
Speaker 2: Three two is looked at the center field. That's a base hit. Paul touches third. He is speeding hold he will score standing up. It's a two on RBI single from the gall Rojas and the Dodgers lead at five to two.
Speaker 6: Man. It's the bottom part of the order tonight that has produced the runs other than the leadoff home run by Will Smith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bottom of the lineup delivering Kim Call Rojas four hits for RBI. Immachine went the six innings, turned it over to the bullpen, who was fantastic and Gardo Nriquez a shutout seventh Inny. Alex Vessi put up a zero in the eighth, and then ten Or Scott, who has been really good this year, a one two three ninth, including two punch outs. He gets to save his third of the season. Imacheen gets to win his third of the season. Dodgers get the win, five to two over the Giant. They've now won two in a row. They're twenty six and eighteen, and they are sitting atop the NL West going into play tonight, a half game above the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 5: Blake Snell was scheduled to get the start.
Speaker 3: He is going on the IL with loose bodies in his left elbow. I remember he pitched on Saturday, three innings, seventy seven pitches in his first start of the year. But back to the il goes Snell Zilla Will Klein will get the start as the opener. First pitch is six thirty eight, and with more we head out to the galloping Ford Broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverd and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous night here in Anaheim as the Angels host the Dodgers in Game one of the Freeways Series. Dodgers twenty six and eighteen. They've lost nine of the last fifteen, scoring only three and a half runs per game during that period of time. But anytime's a good time like tonight to get out of that drought against the Angels, who have the worst record in Major League Baseball sixteen and twenty eight, and they're coming off a three game sweep by Cleveland. The Guardians up to him in three Angels were off yesterday, lying in wait. The big story today, though, has to do with pitching and Blake Snell loose bodies in his left elbow. Looks like he's going to be out for quite some time.
Speaker 6: Well, It took everyone by surprise, found out today was scheduled to pitch tonight, but found out a little after noon today that that was not going to be the case. Interesting we start to look, you know, Snell pitched on Saturday, and that was on Blake Snell bobblehead night. By the way, they were hoping seventy five pitches and maybe five innings. Well they got seventy seven pitches, but only three innings of work and gave up five runs on six hits in that ballgame. Also a couple of stolen bases against him. But you know, just kind of meandering around different conversations. He supposedly felt good a couple of days ago, but you know, loose bodies. It's a nice way of saying, maybe bone chips in the elbows, that something is going to be addressed. It may take a while, whatever it is, but that I just have to rebound as a game that starts in just a few minutes here.
Speaker 2: Dave Robert It said that they, of course, the staff in the front office have been talking about Snelling in his situation. They don't know if it's a surgical procedure yet or not. As we talk right now, but either way they are confident that he will be back at some point this season, which indicates that he could be out for a while. You look at the lineup tonight, Freddy Freeman not in there. This is just a night off, Dodgers giving him a break every now and then. I guess now that we live in the era of load management. It affects the lineup here with the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: And really nothing new. Dave Roberts actually addressed this as recently as yesterday when asked about it, I said, look, we're going to talk with Freddy, and yes, Freddy, if you look at the person tivot, none of us are getting any younger, and for Freeman a chance at least at the beginning of the game. Of course, Roberts had a pretty good bench to go to yesterday if needed, you had show Hey, Tony, Mookie Betz and Max Munsey, none of whom had to be called upon. And hopefully tonight it'll be Freddie Freeman get the entire night off and maybe they will not need him.
Speaker 2: So with the scratch of Blake Snell, Will Klein, it's tag, You're it and Will we'll get the start here tonight. A few innings out of will they're expecting, certainly, and then a bullpen game. Jack Kohanowitz two and two for the Angels will get the start. The Angels getting catcher Logan o' hoppy back tonight. He'd been out with a wrist injury, so he comes off the injury list tonight for the Angels. Angels and Dodgers, Game one of the Freeway series from Anahei coming up. Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch on this Friday night, Dodger fans starting getting a little hungry, getting little hungry in the studio here. How about get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza parlor. You get order that Shaky's Pizza Shaken Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. All right, we're off and running here. I'm ronggo Casino. Dodgers on deck coming up. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. Got a lot to hear from from the Dodger skipper, especially on this Blake Snell elbow injury. What is the latest, David? I say, we'll check him throughout the hour. He goes one on one with Dalton rushing. We'll break down this pitchy matchup which is now a bullpen game for the Dodgers. But up next we'll get your Otani rewind and we'll hear from Will Smith, who delivered last night as the dh should lead you up to Dodgers and Angels from the Big A in Anaheim. Thanks for being with us on this Friday night. I'm Tim kase As the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Friday night. Is the Freeway Series gets under away from the Big A and Anaheim. Blake Snell was scheduled to get the start, but he has been scratched going to the IL with bodies in his left throwing elbow. Will Klein will be the opener tonight against Jack o'hannowitch first pitch from the Big A coming up at six point thirty eight. The Dodgers bullpen has done a lot of covering for Dodgers starters this last week, and tonight they're gonna have to cover twenty seven outs, all nine innings going into tonight. In the last seven games, the Dodgers bullpen twenty two and a third innings a combined three sixty three r with twenty one strikeouts and eleven walks. Last night, the Dodgers bullpen had three guys come through the gate at Guardo Enriquez, Alex Vesia, and Tanner Scott pitching the seventh, eighth and ninth inning Image She and six innings, two runs, two hits. Dodgers got the five to two win, and a big reason why was the offense jumping out to an early lead on Landin Roupe thanks to Will Smith and his solo home run to lead off the bottom of the first and afterwards caught up with their own David Vesse, all.
Speaker 4: Right, well, you said it was just another at bat, first game, leading off, and you really stole the thunder there hitting a home run. How did that feel good?
Speaker 5: Felt good?
Speaker 7: Just trying to be like show leading off with a homer. But yeah, just another anb and.
Speaker 4: You're up there in that situation, you have no chance to see what Roupe has. You're the first guy to face him. How does that change as far as the way you're going about the at bat.
Speaker 7: I didn't honestly, you know, it's just another you know, leading off the inning base because just leading off the game, you know, we know what pitches he's got, we know what works for on what he's trying to do out there. So yeah, I just put together good at bat, picking the right fishes, swings that, and keeping the bound the ball.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing is, you guys have been playing from behind a lot lately. To even get a one nothing lead, how big was that to change kind of the vibe in the dugout and give Emmett even one run to work with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he fished so well tonight. But yeah, yeah, I just jump out ahead. I feel like we're calling back. They did a good job tyd it up, but we were able to respond right away and get the win.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like Day's going to keep you in the leadoff spot tomorrow night?
Speaker 5: In Anaheim? I have no idea. We'll see, hey, when you're the DH too.
Speaker 4: You have time for antics like putting gum in yamamudo sudi too.
Speaker 7: I got eight in there, Yeah, exactly, he has no idea.
Speaker 4: Thanks for stopping congratulations things there, he goes, Hey, Will Smith, I like the free and easy dh leadoff hitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Will Smith putting gum into Yamamoto's hoodie on his sweatshirt last night. As you just heard, he got up to eight pieces of gum. Not eight home runs, but four already for Will Smith this season his first last night since April twenty fourth. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David base goes one on one with the other Dodger catcher Dalphin rushing. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Robbers.
Speaker 5: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: We're gonna find out what's going on with Blake Snell and this injury next. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Angels, I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Yeah, on your home for the Blue all season locked.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deckontinues on this Friday, nineties. We leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Angels, the Freeways Series, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Will Klein will serve as the opener for the Dodgers as Blake Snell was scratched and now go into the injured list. First pitch coming up at six thirty eight.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake Snell goes to the IL with bodies and his left throwing elbow. More from the manager, Dave robertson just the second, Tyler Glastow on the IEL at the lower back spasms. He is throwing off flat ground, but doesn't look like he's gonna come off the injured list when he's able to come off next weekend. Brock strewed on the IL with the left bone spur. Edwin Diaz on the IL recovering from elbow surgery. Tommy Edmond on the sixty day IL recovering from offseason ankle surgery. Bruce dar Graterols and True play Oklahoma City as is keyk Hernandez on a rehab Assigmon working his way back from offseason elbow surgery on his non throwing arm. Bank A Sparius Land and Nat Gavinstone, Evan Phillips all on the il with arm injuries. All right, we've been waiting to hear from the Dodger manager. What is the latest on Blake Snell. Let's head back out to the Big A and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 4: Any questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in the.
Speaker 1: Dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 4: Dave, when did you realize that Blake was not going to be able to make this start and that he was having issues with his left elbow?
Speaker 8: Found out about it yesterday during his CATX play playing catch fill a bullpen a few days ago, I think, and then during his catch play just felt something in the back of his elbow and just couldn't continue.
Speaker 4: You've had another picture Edwin Diaz have something similar. He underwent to remove those loose bodies. Will Blake have to do the same?
Speaker 8: Well, I think right now anything's on the table. We're still trying to uh because obviously we have the tests to determine that there were loose bodies, and so we're kind of talking through potential, you know, what's next. I think at the end of the day, we feel confident that he's going to be back with us this year either path, but I think right now, no definitive you know, process has been made, decisions when.
Speaker 9: Made yet what a non rout a non surgical route would probably be some type of you know, rest cor zone shot, some type of to try to the inflammation down or whatever kind of thing like that, and you know, wait a little bit to see how it responds.
Speaker 8: What's that, you know what I think he's been he is disappointed. I haven't personally talked to him. The front office has chat with him, A couple of coaches have chatted with him. I haven't talked to him. So I'm I'm going to reach out to him today.
Speaker 10: Though a couple of months or two at least, probably be like a couple of months at least.
Speaker 8: Well that that's depending on how you which path we took.
Speaker 5: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: So still don't know the severity of the elbow chips that are floating around in there those bodies. Hopefully it is on the shorter time as far as the recovery is concerned. All right, good to hear from the Dodger manager. A little clarity there from the skipper. Well we continue here. I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check out with David Vase, so leads you up to first pitch from the Big A and Anaheim. It's the Freeway Series, Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on you know what.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Angels on this Friday night, first game of the Freeways Series. Blake Snell scratch Dodgers going with the opener and we'll climb Jack o'hanawyz. We'll go for the Halos. First pitch coming up at six thirty eight. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Al Pato, born in La and made for your game day. El Pato brings an authentic Mexican style tomato, sauce, salsa and all the hot sauces right to your table.
Speaker 5: El Pato Gourmet in a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: And David now joins us from the Big A and Anaheim. Freddie Freeman not in the lineup. David, what's going on.
Speaker 5: And not happy about it?
Speaker 4: Him hoony Freeman does not want days off, But the Dodgers felt like they have to manage Freddy. They're in the middle of thirteen in a row. They got six more games to go before they end this trip, and also are in this stretch before they get a day off, which is this coming Thursday, as they will travel to Milwaukee from San Diego. So look, Freddy's thirty six years old. He's played seventeen years. Every single day, Let's not forget. He's played more games than any other first baseman the last two years on three different continents or two different continents, three different countries in South Korea, in Tokyo, Japan, and obviously the World Series each of the last two years. So the Dodgers have got to manage him, and whether or not he likes it, he needs to be managed. And that's part of being a manager doing things that sometimes players don't like for the betterment of their long term health. And the Dodgers need Freddy Freeman. They don't just need him in May, they need him in October obviously, So Dave Roberts doing what he believes he needs to do to keep Freddy fresh, especially during these stretches of playing thirteen in a row.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor trends to North American Truck of the Year, the Ford Maverick Everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon of the best MSRP. If it's category, it's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California Ford Dealers today. Now that it's a bullpen game tonight. Last night we had three relievers come in after the great performance last night from Himachian. So the bullpen, I guess is rested. But game one of a nine game road trip.
Speaker 5: How does this affect the bullpen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going back to Justin Robleski's start, even though he gave up seven runs, he went the distance against the Braves, I would say the Dodger bullpen is in a better spot to handle this type of bullpen game than it was even as recently as last week. So we'll kleinb We'll be the opener and the Dodgers will empty out the bullets there and figure out a way to get through nine innings tonight. The good news is the Angels are not one of the good teams in baseball. So I guess if there's a silver lining and you had to have an emergency bullpen game, this would be the team.
Speaker 5: To have it against, no doubt.
Speaker 3: All Right, Dave, time out to pick the Dodger Derby, brought to you by Santa Anita Park. As we pick head to head during the racing season out of Santa Anita, We're gonna pick Tomorrow's Preakness Stakes, the second leg of the Triple Crown. Unfortunately, the Kentucky Derby winner, Golden Tempo, is not racing, so no possible Triple Crown winner this year.
Speaker 5: It's a fourteen horse field. Who do you like tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Dv Well, since this is a fake gambling here, Tim, I'm just going for the long shot here. Let's go with the number three horse Crupper, all right, thirty to one odds.
Speaker 3: I'll go with the twelve horse, then INCREDIBLELT five to one on So good luck to your DV. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts every single race day. Got the Preakness Stakes tomorrow at Santa Anita. You can watch it and then bet on all the races tomorrow. Santa Anita's the second Jewel, the Triple Crown. Ticcads at Santa Anita dot Com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup, but up next to your Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers and Angels First pitch is six thirty eight. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Angels squaring off the Freeways series from the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 5: First is three this weekend.
Speaker 3: Blake's now scratch go through the injureless bodies in his left elbow. It'll be a bullpen game for the Dodgers. Who go with Will Klein as the opener. First pitch coming up at six thirty eight.
Speaker 1: A hot dog who wants a hot dog? It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment, Ditch Magical Phone, present it by Hawpy hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Now we go back one year the calendar, May fifteenth, twenty twenty five. Dodgers taken on the Sacramento A's. The game turned into a boat race. The Dodgers had five home runs, including two by Otani.
Speaker 2: Here's a three to one pitch and Otani just hammers won the center failed. It is back, it is gone, his second home run of the night. Show, Hey Otani, getting a ton for the home run the center field. It is fifteen to two, and for show, Hey Otani, he has just tied the Phillies Kyle Schwarber for the National League lead at home runs.
Speaker 3: That home run of two run home run made it fifteen to two in the fourth inning against the Sacramento A's. Dodgers go on and win it by a final of nineteen to two. They hit five home runs, the most run for the Dodgers that they have scored against an A L opponent. How about that that Hofey magical bum brought to you by Haffey hot Dogs, Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Charlie Steiner leads up to first pitch from the Big A and Anaheim. It's the Freeway Series Dodgers Angels. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Friday nights. Blake Snell scratch goes to the injured list with bodies in his left throwing elbow. It'll be a bullpen game. We'll climb, We'll get the start for the Dodgers. It's time down for the prison startup as we are thirty three minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years. Yeah, that's easy. You can say big by doing it. Visit the so Cal Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 10: All right, Tim and his rivalry Weekend as the Dodgers begin the first of a three game series with the Angels down in Anaheim. After Anaheim is onto San Diego for three and three more with Milwaukee. So this is rivalry weekend. Are the Dodgers and the Angels.
Speaker 4: Really a rivalry?
Speaker 10: I asked, because since two thousand and fifteen, the Dodgers have won one thousand and sixty two games and lost six hundred and sixty three. The Angels have won seven hundred and ninety one and lost nine hundred and thirty three. The Dodgers winning percentage six sixteen. The Angels winning percentage is four fifty nine, or two hundred and seventy one games behind the Dodgers. So I ask you, doctor Monday, is this a rivalry?
Speaker 6: I think the Angels would love for it to be a rivalry. No, it's it's just a game and the series that's scheduled for the Dodgers. But they still have to play much better than they have, Charlie, doesn't matter who they're benched up against. They have not played particularly well in back to back games. The last home stand proves at the last road trip, unfortunately, raises some questions about this Dodger ball club not that they can't win, not that they can't turn around. At least from the standpoint is that when are they going to get it going? And not only is there a change in the starting pitcher that we found out earlier today with Blake Snell being canceled from his start today, it's also a sit down day for Freddie Freeman. You know, a couple of days ago, Dave Roberts was eluding the fact. Look he was going to talk to him, to Freddy and say, hey, look, there may be some times here and there that the opportunity presents himself. Let's just sit down, at least at the beginning of the game.
Speaker 10: We ain't getting any younger, none of us. So the Dodgers begin play tonight in first place in the West, a half a game in front of the Padres. They're up in Seattle, the Dodgers coming off a three and four homestand twenty six and eighteen on the year. And then there are the Angels at sixteen and twenty eight, six and a half behind the Athletics in the American League West, is the worst record in Major League Baseball, and they have lost seventeen of their last twenty two and they've earned it. Their team batting average two thirty two ranks twenty fifth. ERA four fifty five ranks twenty fifth. As the offense goes, they have struck out four hundred and thirty two times and that's first. Now back to the Dodgers and back to Otani, who's back in the lineup tonight.
Speaker 6: He will be the dh BO. Yeah, he's going to be the DH back in the leadoff spot. As you're mentioning, Bets, will bat second. Will Smith, who for the first time in his career, batted in the leadop position in last night's Bowl game, and by the way, he homered after being down zero to two. He homered in his very first at BET as a leadoff hitter. So he's hitting third. Kyle Tucker will move up for the four spot, so it's going to be interesting to see what happens Freeman. He's available. Don't know if you'll see action in the today's game, but it's going to be Dalton Rushing who will be at first base tonight for this Dodger ball club.
Speaker 10: Rushing got off to the great start heading three eighty five through April to twenty seventh, but since then, last nine games hitting a buck forty eight. The bat of Pa has has begun to slow down a little bit, but Bets is back in the lineup. And as you mentioned, Will Smith, first time you ever hit laid off first at bat. He hit one out last night.
Speaker 6: And Tiascar Hernandez with three hits in last night's Bawl game, a couple of them doubles. He's beginning to swing the bat much better. He's still batting the seventh spot tonight, rushing him about eighth, and it has sunk him as at the second base position, and he'll bat in the nine position. But you know, this is the three city trip, as you were mentioning here, then down to San Diego that's going to be interesting on top of it. And then the Milwaukee Brewers. The Brewers a team that they're trying to find out exactly which direction they're going in right now. You know, they get a hot streak and then they get a cold streak. We'll find out, but that's a week away from tonight. The Dodgers lost all.
Speaker 10: Six games against the Angels last year, but there were nine and four against the Padres, and then the Dodgers were zero and six against Milwaukee during the regular season last year, but four and zero in the postseason, soh you throw all that stuff out as we get ready for the first of this nine game road trip three and nine a him, three in San Diego and then three in Milwaukee before heading back home. The Dodgers and the Angels, the first of three coming up.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash us.
Speaker 5: Still to come.
Speaker 3: Before first pitch, we'll get you the keys to the game with Tim and Rick. We'll also preview this pitching matchup. But up next we go high and tight with Dalton rushing Dodger catcher as he leads up to Dodgers and Angels from the Big A and Anna.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Friday nights. Dodgers starting a nine game roach of three in Anaheim, three in San Diego, then three in Milwaukee. Next weekend. First pitch of the Big A's coming up at six thirty eight. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night and shakys dot Com.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: We're hearing my guy, Dalton Rushing, who's starting at first base today after catching for the Dodgers last night. What's it like on Well, First of all, I gotta say thank you for the time. How rude of me?
Speaker 11: No, it's not rude of your bass. You know I'm always here for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you. I appreciate it, Anaheim and the Big A. What's the smallpark like for you coming here knowing how many great players that played here before?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's sweet. I got to play here last year. Obviously, you have trouts in the lineup today and guys throughout the years. It's cool to play against these guys each and every year. Hopefully we can take something from them this year like we didn't last year.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna bring up they beat you all six times last year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's fine, it's we won a World Series. We got our end goal. But now we need to take care of business this year.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: I know you're a young player, but can you feel it too. Other teams are bringing a lot more energy. They're bringing their best shot at you guys this year.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I think it's kind of what you sign up for with things we do off season moves, free agent signings, all these things you sign up for every team to treat it like their World Series. And anytime a team can come in and take two out of three from the Dodgers, they're gonna take it and run with it. You know, we have to say pride in that we need to understand the importance of every game. We need to understand the importance of every win. That even this early in the season, I think we're getting on the track to play really good baseball in the next six, ten, fifteen, twenty games, however many it is. But I think the team's in a really good spot. The arms of really well, the starting pitching has been really good. It's all starting to come together, and I think it's a good thing for us.
Speaker 4: Were you able to avoid the sickness that was going through the clubhouse, because it feels like that did take a while for all of you to get over.
Speaker 11: I was patient zero, So yeah, I was patient zero back in Toronto, and yeah, that was tough. I guess you could say sickness weekend for me. I was all over the place. And I guess physically I played really well being sick, So maybe I need to get sick more often, you know. But yeah, no, I was patient zero. So I hate that I brought that upon all the boys, But I'm glad we're all kind of past that.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: You're playing first base tonight. What's it like to transition from behind the plate to first base? Obviously the footwork, but just the mental part of the game. Do you see the game the same way at first base as you would when you're behind the plate. Are you trying to play along with Will and the bullpen tonight?
Speaker 11: The game in itself? I would say it's a little different. You're not managing pitch to pitch, you're not thinking three innings ahead of time. You're really just owning the moment, owning what's in front of you. First base To me, I played there a lot in college. I played there a little bit through the miners coming up, so it's not like completely foreign to me. I feel comfortable over there. I got a lot of early working today and just to make sure I'm already for the game tonight. But no, I'm not gonna think with well, I'm gonna leave that up to Will. I'm gonna let him do his thing. I do my thing when I'm back there, and we kind of we kind of have the same end goal every single night that we're back there behind the plate. We call the best pitches and win the baseball game.
Speaker 4: That's a you know, I'm a man of the people, right, so I touched the people, the fans, and the fans love your care factor, how high it is. What's the balance for you as far as caring as much as you do but also keeping your emotions and check.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think it's for me. It's a maturity thing that I really want to fix. By no means do I ever want to stop playing with passion and love, embracing and showing how much that I care about this game, how much I love to win. But at the same time, there's there's always a maturity piece to it, and I think there's been immaturity in the past, there's been immaturity in the present as of recently, and that's something I have to fix. I have to grow on as a.
Speaker 4: Player I loved and stretch where Tao's giving you a big brother headlock, Mookie Betts is talking to you. How much have those guys help you grow and understand the game and understand, you know, just their process.
Speaker 11: It's all the older guys on this team. You know, veteran, We have veteran after veteran. They all care and I think to me that means more than anything. They see potential, they see what I can do over the stretch of ten fifteen years in this game, and I think they're just looking out for my best interests. They want me to be a player that's known in this league for however long that I play and respected in this league for that same amount of time. So yeah, it's it's just them being good teammates. Wre We're surrounded by great guys in this clubhouse. Each and every person cares about everyone else, and yeah, to have those guys obviously have my back through dups, the down, the good, the bad and the social media world, the on field world. You know, it means a lotay, well, he really does.
Speaker 4: I think that goes to your character and who you are as a person for them to care as much about you as they do about themselves. So that's a testament to Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 11: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 11: I make sure these guys know that I love them. I do anything for them. Sometimes I don't do the same for the opposing team, but I plan to in the future, and obviously I want to get everything past me.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's competition, right. Everybody wants you to be friends until they don't want you to be friends. So thank you for the time. I'll handle everything from here.
Speaker 11: I appreciate you.
Speaker 8: Mas.
Speaker 11: She always have my back there.
Speaker 4: He is the man, Dalton Rushing. He's at first base tonight and he certainly is going to have a huge care factor.
Speaker 3: No doubt about Adulton Rushing looking to have a big night tonight at first base. As we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Angels first pitch coming up at six thirty eight, don't forget we're gonna get you this. Keys to the game coming up and up natural dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Don't you go Anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home.
Speaker 3: For La Dodgers Baseball Hits the Dodgers and the Angels. The Freeway Series for the Big A and Anaheim coming up at six thirty.
Speaker 1: Eight, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 5: Brought to you. Buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Jackohonowitz on the mound for the Angels, twenty five year old right hander, third season in the Big.
Speaker 5: Leagues, making his ninth start last time out.
Speaker 3: Four innings, allowed seven runs on night hits and a loss to Toronto. He has pitched to a one fifty three ERA and three home starts this season. Hasn't been so good on the road, seeking his first winning decision since April tenth and Cincinnati, but has allowed three or fewer runs and four of his last five starts.
Speaker 5: His last outing.
Speaker 3: Well, he well pitched well against Toronto, but did not factor in getting a win.
Speaker 5: He earned his only win and his only.
Speaker 3: Start against the Dodgers May sixteenth, last year, almost a year to the date, against the Dodgers, he went six to two third innings. He gave up one run on five hits while striking out five. Will Kleinb we'll get the start as the opener for the Dodgers one and two with the two seventy six era.
Speaker 5: We all know Will Kleinb.
Speaker 3: He fell in love with him last year in Game three of the World Series, where he faced fifteen batters, retiring twelve of them a lot of hitting, two walks in the winning Game three. That long eighteen eighting affair, twelve relief appearances this season, get his first start.
Speaker 5: He's the opener again.
Speaker 3: He pitched one plus innings and six of his twelve outings so far this year, striking striking out seventeen over sixteen and a third innings. Again, Will Kliinb will be the opener, take in the spot of Blake Snell, who was scratched a few hours ago and then placed on the injured list afterwards with chips bodies in his elbow. Dodgers Angels, we're fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 5: Keys to the game bar next. I'm Tim Kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 5: Season log Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 3: Let's get the freeway series going from the Big A and Anaheim. As Blake Snell has been scratched Will Klein, it will be the opener in a bullpen game. Snell has gone to the injured list. Chekhuanawitz, We'll get the start for the Halo's getting ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start, A great moments start with Saporo Beer, whatever your taste preference to. Poro has you cover with the variety crisp and refreshing Loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo, good with sushi, great with baseball. Back out to the booth one final time, Tim never Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Tim.
Speaker 2: We count you down to the first pitch of the ball game tonight in Anaheim Dodgers and Angels. And it's the first of a three city road trip for the Dodgers as well. They'll head down to San Diego after the three games here, then off to Milwaukee after that. Before returning to Dodgers Stadium. But the Angels sixteen and twenty eight worst record in Major League Baseball, they actually lead this all time series eighty one to seventy three. The Dodgers have won nineteen of the last thirty in this series, but the Angels have won seven in a row, including sweeping the season series last year. Will kleinb getting the start with Blake Snell being scratched due to loose bodies in his left elbow. Blake goes to the il and Climb goes to the mountain tonight.
Speaker 6: And for Will Climb, come out, throw strikes, go as long as you can, and the bullpen is going to see some action tonight, and hopefully it's going to be the Angels that are forced to use their bullpen. But if you look at Jackhanowitz, like two different pitchers at home era barely at one and a half on the road, it's just over five and a half runs every nine innings of work. So the Dodgers no full well, Angels having difficulties scoring runs as you were alluding to a little bit earlier. So the Angels have now just won five of the last twenty three. The Dodgers can care less. They had their own boat that they need to row.
Speaker 2: With Blake Snell going on the injured list, the Dodgers making a roster move. They've selected the contract of left handed pitcher Charlie Barnes from TRIPAA Oklahoma City. Barnes was just picked up by the Dodgers last week after he was defaed by the Chicago Cubs, so he's only been in the Dodger organization a week or so. He's got a little bit of major league experience one game this year with the Cubs and going back a few years, a couple of games with the Minnesota Twins. So Charlie Barnes is in the Dodger bullpen tonight as they add another left handed Will Klein and Jack Ohonowitz your starters as if the Dodgers and Angels get set for Game one of the Freeway Series.
Speaker 5: Tip all right, don't forget afterwards.
Speaker 3: I got you covered with all the postgame festivities, but first pinches next, enjoy it. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network