Speaker 1: W Q Detroit Whiskey, three great stations, one stupid show.
Speaker 2: This is Mojo in.
Speaker 1: The Morning, Lie Mojo in the morning. When does deer hunting end? Like, is it end anytimes? Because I know, I think that's what I was wondering. Yeah, I think it's kind of close. All my buddies like are doing deer hunting. They go up north, they do mainly stuff I don't. I don't get along with these guys during this time of the year. I'm not manly enough to go.
Speaker 3: Does Tony hunt.
Speaker 1: Tony seems like he'd be a hunter, But I don't know. I think Tony likes to take them in and not kill them, like take them in that take them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I saw this and I thought this was damn funny and it actually could lead to a great topic.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Here is the topic after I tell you the story, and it deals with uh people who hunt in a different way deer. I saw a woman on the news over the weekend that I guarantee you has bagged more buck than any hunter has. She in one day hit three deer on ninety six with her car at three separate times.
Speaker 2: In one day. Her car has to be a hunk of metal.
Speaker 1: Her car is going over to Custom Collision right now and getting some work done on it. She hit the first deer, which caused for damage I guess to the right side of her vehicle because it came out of nowhere from the right. The next deer, as she drove further ahead, hit the left side of her car. Finally, the last one was in state. Police had to help her with this. One literally flew up and landed right on the foot of the car, causing for the radiator.
Speaker 4: I would be so heartbroken if I hit a deer with my car, deer bag, I don't even know what I would do.
Speaker 2: Have you ever almost? No, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: In my neighborhood, you almost every day they are all over the place. And when I drive the it was an old orchard trail on my way in. They just are out of nowhere. We'll jump off the golf course on you.
Speaker 5: She s used to had like some real obligations because after the second year, I'm probably going home.
Speaker 1: I think she had to get I think honestly she was going to work one after the other.
Speaker 4: Also, I would go home after the second year because I'd be like God is trying to tell me something.
Speaker 2: Stay my ass in.
Speaker 1: My house ninety six is a mess when you face this, when you go to Michigan, stay my god.
Speaker 5: Going to Michigan State this weekend, I probably saw four dear Yeah, on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: All right, So here's my question.
Speaker 1: I want to ask eight four to four Mojo live eight four four sixty six five sixty five four eight or text if you can relate to this one.
Speaker 2: If you've ever hit a dear, you'll have to.
Speaker 1: Tell us hit more with my car than a hunter has shot. I want to hear the stories from you of Howny you have you have hit with your car. You got a deer magnet, so to speak.
Speaker 2: That is there. My dog was.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys saw the video that I posted to our Instagram last week. There was a huge buck on my front porch that my ring camera caught overnight over the weekend. My dog Bow was barking, barking, barking, barking, bark. I thought he just needed to go outside. He was barking at my back door. There was a huge dough in my backyard, and my backyard's fenced.
Speaker 2: In where there's a buck, there is a dough.
Speaker 4: Someone's trying to tell me something all the deer and I'm like snow white at this point, or I'll come into my house.
Speaker 3: In high school, my sister had hit a deer and it was very traumatic for her. But it was during hunting season. So we had found a father who had recently shot a deer and we asked if we could just have the leg of it and we put it in my sister's car when she walked out of school one day, so she thought it was still stuck in the.
Speaker 2: Oh the heck is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: I know it was mean.
Speaker 2: It was mean, but it was a good prank. Wow, man, I got to tell you that.
Speaker 1: Uh, I wish that I was man enough to go hunting for deer like I would wish I could do it. You should think, no, you know what, it's not that I'm not man man enough. I can't be quiet for that long of a time. Like the idea that we're sitting in a fake fort, you know what I mean, Like we're sitting there.
Speaker 2: Going what are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Very nice blinds these days, Like my dad has a heat, A little bit of champagne.
Speaker 2: I got buddies.
Speaker 1: I got buddies that do things like guy things. They do ice fishing, which I don't get to me. That's really to me. There's nothing worse than sitting on ice with you know, in a tent again heated. Really, i'd be afraid that you're going to go through the ice too. Why do I Why do I feel like that ice is gonna crack? I don't know. I think you're trying to kill me. And then the guys who go hunting, and they do that, the deer hunting thing, I would hunt, that's rid.
Speaker 5: I think i'd be absolutely I think i'd be a great shot man.
Speaker 2: That's pure Michigan. Buddy. Are you a camper? You're not even a camp I.
Speaker 1: Can't camp either. Mike has been wanting me to camp for a long time. Tony Trovado thinks we should do a camping Fremit Live. That'd be fire. My idea of camping is the Hampton End compared to stand at the Hilton or Marriott.
Speaker 2: Well, give us some bush bean if I don't.
Speaker 1: Use my bonvoy points.
Speaker 2: That's my idea of camping. What's up, Taylor, are you doing?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 6: I guess I have to say, first time, long time, we got a topic that's perfect for you.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 6: Yes, Unfortunately it is perfect for me. I moved up to northern Michigan in like pre pandemic, right into the pandemic, and I had a tiny little ports, so not really prepared at all, and I hit three deer in one week, to the point where we almost bought the little deer whistles that you put on the front of your car can. Thankfully, I don't think we killed any so I wasn't as unlucky.
Speaker 7: As the lady that you're talking about.
Speaker 6: But one of the the one time I remember the most. You're driving down one of the back roads in Patawski and it was like a family herd of deer and they were all on one side and literally right as we're passing it, so we didn't have any other option. Like three of them just decided to cross the road right in front of us.
Speaker 7: And we tapped them.
Speaker 6: Thankfully, they all ran off, but we tapped them enough that we had to stop and check our car.
Speaker 1: Oh god, wow, I need one of those. I want one of those whistles. I want one of those things. I think the problem is, can you imagine nowadays with electric cars that sound like nothing, these poor deer can't figure out anything.
Speaker 5: I'm googling it now. This is the first time I've ever heard of deer whistles. They say they don't actually are.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, when you hit that many, you take anything, even if just to make you feel better.
Speaker 1: What do they call? What is that a call that you attracts deer X? No, No, there's you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: It's like deer P. It's like deer P. It's like dear urine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's dear P.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: But it's got a name to it. I'm going to get some of that and I'm going to put it on Kevin's car, on your What's up, Tammy? How you doing all right?
Speaker 7: At this point, I have deer radar.
Speaker 2: Yes, you you know where they all are?
Speaker 7: So many times by dear like that, I can pretty much spot them. I drive to work at night and I've had so many encounters with deer were like I've gotten hit and they can back and hit me. And if you honk your horn or sometimes like put your braids on, it does help. But like the color before me, dear whistles. They do work and you cheers them from coming by your car.
Speaker 1: Good to know, man, it's uh, it's so tough when you see them in the middle of the night all the time, and you work middle of the night like we do come into work. That's when they're out and they think that they're safe.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, there's so many of them in our neighborhoods because we pretty much built a bunch of homes on their property. But also they're reproducing like crazy. I mean they're they have sex more than literally cav like that.
Speaker 2: Seriously, they can't say hump my rabbits anymore. You got to say hoping like deer. It's amazing, like reproduce like crazy.
Speaker 5: Question for you because obviously they say deer in headlights, right, They see the headlights and they freeze if you turn off your hair lights or you flash them.
Speaker 2: Does that help it all? I don't. I think it's a sound that gets them.
Speaker 1: I think you got to really like get the horn going to kind of move them out of the way. I feel like I sometimes will roll my windows down and ye honestly have the music up. You know.
Speaker 2: Some deer though, they like Channel ninety five five on my heart radio. What's up, Marissa? How you doing?
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, how are you? I'm I'm I thought it was ironic that you guys were talking about this because Saturday night, I live in Holley and my fiance and I were driving back out to the Scentin area around seven point thirty, and of course where I was driving on Grange Hall, literally I saw Doe in front of me and he's like, you need to slow down, and I completely almost slowed down to nothing, and lo and behold, eight point bulk came in and blew out.
Speaker 9: My whole front of my brand new car.
Speaker 8: Oh he literally, he literally he was so big, he was at least over two hundred pounds. His abdomen completely went inside of the whole front of My grill is gone. He bent the inside of my radiator, everything gone, and he slid across the ground and just kept going, Oh my.
Speaker 4: Destroyed.
Speaker 8: So I'm without a car for a while.
Speaker 1: It sucks. I feel bad for you. And this is you know, this poor lady that hit three of them in one day. Your insurance company is going to have your car for a while. And nowadays you can't just go and get your car fixed over a weekend. I mean it takes months upon months, so you're gonna be without a car, Like you said, that sucks.
Speaker 2: Are you Have you ever called this before? Are you a first time long time?
Speaker 8: No, I'm a first time long time.
Speaker 2: Marissa.
Speaker 8: Marissa, yay for me?
Speaker 2: I know, yay for you.
Speaker 1: I get heard in your voice when you when we picked up the phone, it was like, crap, I got to talk about this, but it relates to me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I appreciate it. Thank you for the call. I'm sorry that that happened to you.
Speaker 6: All right, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Take care of yourself Lydia. There's some crazy ones here, Huh. Which one am I grabbing here and there?
Speaker 2: Austin? What's up? Austin the tow truck driver?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was towing the guys car.
Speaker 7: Uh last year actually and uh uh.
Speaker 2: He thought he hit a deer, but he looked to the right.
Speaker 6: He flew to the windshield and it was on his past. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I ended up telling him he got the deer out of still a lot of heel to.
Speaker 7: The door and it ran off.
Speaker 6: I ended up telling him to a windshield place that he got a new windshield and drove off.
Speaker 2: The deer was sitting next to him, and they're not cute. They're sitting next to you. They're past that you hit him. So they're like, I'm surprised, I think, didn't You don't understand how much I love?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what was the story. There's that one story where there's a nine one one guy where the deer went through his window in his car and then started attacking him while he was driving. It was like something out of like a horror movie, you know, and the deer was like in the backseat of the car, like coming after him and biting him from that behind. That person I saw in the news hit three deer in one day, Jenny, How many did you.
Speaker 6: Stop?
Speaker 2: Right now? Where are you driving?
Speaker 1: One day?
Speaker 10: Not all in one day?
Speaker 9: But what the thing is?
Speaker 10: The funny thing is I have a good friend. It's a hunter, and I killed more deer and every time I and I killed them all unfortunately, and totals every one of my cars when I've hit them, and I call him every time to come and get the deer because they can take the deer so they can process the meat. And so I've killed more deer with my car and given him more deer than he's ever hunted.
Speaker 1: That's insane, that's amazinger.
Speaker 2: Does he put their heads up on that?
Speaker 10: Every every hunting season he looks at me and he's like, he goes, okay, it's sunning season. Go get driving, Go.
Speaker 7: Get my deer party.
Speaker 2: Does he ever hang like the trophies on the wall.
Speaker 10: That you've hit, No, because I should hang them because I've gotten four of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow, you hit four total, But Misty, I like this one. Misty, tell everybody what you tell Lydia just a second ago?
Speaker 9: Me. Yeah, yeah, okay, okay. I hit three in the span of a year and a half. The first one I hit, I was going seventy five miles an hour down forty one in Wisconsin. I live in the up and I just I have a hummer, so I just plowed right through that, and I just I was scared to stop, so I drove a little further until I wanted to stop and see the damage. And then I hit two more after that. And then I was driving my daughter home from basketball practice and there was a deer in front of I'm like, oh my gosh, So I stop completely and it was just standing there. Well, it was waiting for its friend, and it jumped to snow bank and plowed right into the side of my car.
Speaker 2: Now, you stopped for him and it plowed to you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, his friend. Yeah, that's why he was standing there, waiting for his friend.
Speaker 3: And I could have cried.
Speaker 6: I'm like, my insurance.
Speaker 9: Company is never going to believe me.
Speaker 2: Wow, are you ready? Come on? Misty them all? Here we go. Do a dear a female? Dear ray my Misty.
Speaker 9: Golden Son myself.
Speaker 2: Do you hate the little bastards some long way to rap?
Speaker 6: I do all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for listening to us on the radio. App appreciate you. Yallo.
Speaker 9: A drink with jam and bread that would bring us back
Speaker 2: To dough, all right,