Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeart Radio app. This is the Petrosen Money Show. You are one of the kind hosted by.
Speaker 2: Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts not money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the petros In Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Silence makes idiots seem wise, even for a minute. Gong the Yukes, Petro saying money.
Speaker 3: Full four hour show getting started here at three oh one thirty two seconds. Time check moving forward till seven, David, where.
Speaker 4: Some stats padded Lebron style in the second half?
Speaker 3: Padded stats? Padded stats. I'm not a numbers guy, but where the stats? Where the stats padded?
Speaker 4: A little bit? A little bit, not a lot, a little bit.
Speaker 3: But when we heard about when we hear about stat Patty, I think it's only fair.
Speaker 4: Cards face up on a table. Stats.
Speaker 3: Let's put our cards on the table face up. Stats are padded, today's stats we're padded. But we will make our way till seven. David Bassey, will you cheeze?
Speaker 4: Two and a half minute? That's all thought? It was sixty seconds? Man, one hundred and fifty seconds. What happened to your radio show? Well, we stop being able to finish it? Bye? How much a couple of minutes? You No, I don't know. They usually figured it out after I left and was on to another thing. You couldn't just I don't know, dude, two more minutes. I'll tell you though, Fred was really engaged for that week and two days that he was here when the Olympics were going on. Though he really was. Yeah, And I don't want to be bitter or sound bitter. I wonder why I didn't stay. That's a great question. It's Crunching Group Thursday on the Petros and Money Show, and we are happy to be with you joining us in the very next segment of a great sports talk will be our sports talk b FF Standard Fair. Today our b FF Don McClain will join us for the latest on usc uc l A the Lakers. I don't think we'll ask about the Clippers. So Don McClain will be on in the three o'clock hour as the conference tournament, and the tournament bears down upon us. It looks Matt as if today we have an only Kate's cares tim kaits riled up, filled with urine and vinegar, ready to pop off.
Speaker 5: These producer rush shows a CIA ninety six.
Speaker 4: Everybody, Dodgers are in Vassie's least favorite place, good Year, Arizona. In the Cactus League. It is the Pullman Washington of the Cactus League, the Lubbock Texas of the Cactus League, the Starkville of the Cactus League.
Speaker 3: It is the Starkville good Year. It's like going to stark Vegas. They got bells out here.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is be like, well, what's the most remote place in every conference back in the day. Well, you say, well where did Mike Leach coach? Okay, Pullman, that's the furthest out post of the old PAC twelve PAC ten, Stark Vegas the furthest outpost of the SEC. And Lubbock Texas the furthest outpost of the Big twelve. Although you could argue, you could argue for Ames is that right? But Ames is technically closer to a bigger city in Des Moines than Lubbock. There is nothing by Lubbock. You've got to get a plane to Dallas to go anywhere. If if you're trying to get what's the drive to Lubbock, civilization, the drive from Dallas? How do you get to Lubbock. You have to fly from Downas.
Speaker 3: So there is a like a southwest that goes in like a half hour, right, and.
Speaker 4: A lot of people commute on it, some said Clint Kingsbury did when he was the coach at Lubbock. And I think you can also fly from Phoenix and places like that that are closed because it's West. I got all that energy industry there West Texas. You got to work the furthest outpost of every conference I can think of. I mean, what's the furthest outpost of the Big Ten. Now it's Piscataway, it's Rutgers. But other than that, everything else you could Arguegene, well, yeah, I mean, well that's the West coast. But you know, I mean it was never I mean, if it was Pullman, you know, right, that's a horse of a different color. And flights are easier to get to Eugene. You can't say that about Tracktown, USA, but you certainly can't about Star Vegas.
Speaker 6: Yes, Tim having made that drive on Sunday leaving Phoenix in the Greater Phoenix area on the westbound ten, you get to good Year, you're like, Okay, this is it, and then it's like, nope, you used to get the Buckeye. And then you get to Buck.
Speaker 4: Guye who lives at Buck is the mayor of Buckeye, Brutus the Buck Eye. I don't know if he was.
Speaker 6: There's an exit. I think it's a rado way where we get off. Is the last exit or the first one if you're coming eastbound on the ten, that you can get gas because literally it's housing and then it's just a backyard and then it's just desert for the next three and a half hours. Well, how far is Goodyear from Phoenix? H twenty minutes? Twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: That's not but it's the place it is. That's what Camelback Ranch used to be, right. It's like you're building a freaking ballpark out in Glendale and people were pissed because it was like dropping a Stark Vegas into the Cactus League.
Speaker 4: So that's where the Dodgers are to go. That's what David Vassay will be addressing that they're still playing.
Speaker 6: And the World Baseball Classic Matt Yeah, to combine for twenty two runs and twenty three hits.
Speaker 3: We'd have been covered up right now, just the bottom of the eighth. Oh, we'd be sitting here laughing. Wait till they spring forward? When is daylight savings?
Speaker 4: This is scheduled talk on the Petrosen Money Show on AMFI somebody la sport Saturday night. So next week we're going to be covered up maybe early by Dodgers Baseball and that's okay. So we'll have David Vassay, we'll have Don McClain. There's an only Kate's cares because Kate's wants to talk about Arizona and the landscape. And there's a three things Thursday that we're all excited about. So there's a lot of dishes to wash, and there's a lot going on in the world of great sports talk.
Speaker 6: Yes, we're on Crosby Watch, guys. Max Crosby could be traded at any moment, or.
Speaker 4: He might not. Well he might or he might or he might not. Orry might not, but he could be.
Speaker 6: He could.
Speaker 4: Is this what Adam Schefter is fighting about with Mike Florio. No, that was Carnel Tate's forty time at the combine. They both have it on a handtime.
Speaker 3: They had multiple hand times in the four to four to six range. The laser timer clocked him at four five three, which led to a lot of people going, oh, you're in a draft of four or five three, guy in the top ten, and some people saying, well, Schefter's now just doing the agent's bidding, trying to make sure that Carnal Taitus square coming out of Indianapolis claiming hand times of four four six to four four eight.
Speaker 4: Sho, you're telling me that Florio called Schefter a cuck for the agent.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly right, which he has done before. And I do think if you were to aggregate Adam Schefter's tweets, you would probably find seventy five percent inside information from Drew Rosenhaus. It seems like, you know, if if Scham's is a rich Paul cuck, then Schefter has been accused repeatedly of being a Drew Rosenhaus mouthpiece, and.
Speaker 4: Everything's connected to somebody. Yes, Matt, this text just came in and I hate to address it, but it came on the secret text us SOO line and.
Speaker 5: Secret text line brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 4: We make it easy. I am going to answer this. How many days in the rogue can Fred and Rodney cook you before you stand up out of the cuck chair and say enough is enough? And he did send an emoji of a little chair. Is the cock the leaving their show early? Handy? Okay? And we and we come in, yeah, and pick up the slack. But but actually we don't. Ronnie does. And Ronnie, as we have discussed in the past, guys, Ronnie covers for he's too professional and it's his job to not let the ball hit the ground. Or if this was one of those egg drop you know, eggs with a spoon or whatever, those relay races, it's Rodney's job to not let that egg hit the grass.
Speaker 5: The Petros and Money show starts at three o'clock, not at two fifty seven fifty right.
Speaker 3: Even though we would prefer to be petty and just play two and a half minutes of silence. And when the boss comes down and says, what's going on, you say, I don't know. Those guys just left early.
Speaker 4: I try not to pull back the curtain too much. I gently, gently am pushing back on Matt.
Speaker 3: I don't think that we I think Matt he can say what he wants to say, and he could act super flippant about it.
Speaker 4: But I don't believe Matt in his place silence his moral heart of hearts. I don't think Matt would allow that to happen to the radio station that we have worked twenty years together on. I don't believe that he would allow to be better. I believe Matt would not let dead air make us die on the vine. You're right, I believe I'm all talking. We would run down the hall and have like watching a man burn to death. We would try to cover him with a sheet and smother out the flames, no matter how much our hair and our arms got singed.
Speaker 3: I believe you think we could do it for like ten seconds and then come on and go are bad? Didn't realize that Rogan and Rodney left two and a half minutes early. But it makes us so as quickly as we could.
Speaker 4: It makes us sound bad, and we cannot have the station's college exactly, and we can't have that. But Ronnie's already there, like a catcher in the rye or a safety net under the trapeze.
Speaker 5: Taking a lot of hits, a lot of hits behind the plate daily. I'm black and blue by the time the show starts.
Speaker 4: Taking hits daily. David Vasse, I believe has Will Smith? Is that what is promoted David Vass interesting? David Vass has Will Smith? Tonight on Dodger Talk. There is Dodger t He's on the WBC team. So Dave maybe now finally with the WBC upon us for Team USA leaning into it, the one Dodger that's on the stars and stripes, putting them on. I would assume to promote the WBC to all the Dodger fans that'll be listening, I guess.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna find out at seven o'clock and we'll have Davon as well. And there's a schedule adjustment.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, Matt. We've been on at three all week, but tomorrow no time.
Speaker 6: There's never any time.
Speaker 4: I don't have time to study. I'm never get to schedule talk.
Speaker 3: We are flexed back tomorrow, first flex of the week, two pm start, but we get three and a half because it goes all the way to five thirty a six thirty PM tip against the Spurs could be a good one. Clippers making a run at five hundred. Your prediction of five hundred by the end of the year could come over a month sooner if they can knock off one of the three best teams in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs. So is that game here, Kates?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Is it here? Is it san Antonio? Talk that San Antonio? Hence the flax Matt. You know they get started out there in Texas. Now you got all these like Tonight's the Amazon Prime game, Tomorrow's they got all these partners now, and they're running so many national games with the NBC, the ESPN, the ABC, the Peacock, the Amazon Prime, and sometimes I just don't know if they're trying to fit them into those streaming windows. Hence the six thirty tip as opposed to it being eight thirty.
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest, I don't know if David Vasse has Will Smith on Dodger Talk tonight. It's a very misleading tweet. About an hour ago, David vass posted on X Dodger Talk tonight seven to eight at seventy, and he posted an emoji of Will Smith doing double thumbs up, but it doesn't promise Will Smith's coming on. Right.
Speaker 3: Oh, so I'm just gonna go with Will Smith's coming on until I am corrected by David Vace. It would make sense. It feels like they're making the Team USA players available. I saw Aaron Judge making the rounds with some of the media to promote the fact the games are starting, so it would, you know, seems like it would check out. Oh look at that Nick Senzel with a big home run. Did you have that on your bingo?
Speaker 1: Car?
Speaker 4: No, Matt.
Speaker 3: The spring training is a terrible slog, and it's a bunch of people that we've never heard of and won't hear of again. And it was bad enough the other day going through the reliever index and just having to live through all the stuff that we've forgotten over the last twenty years. I forgot that we had honeywell on and he had that sweet mullet and cool turtle.
Speaker 4: Mat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't worries. The last time we were doing that, it didn't go very well with some people. One guy on Twitter said he didn't like it. One guy on x said that Kate's ruined the first hour when we went through all the relievers. One guy and Kate's is walking around like Javert before he jumped into the Seine.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, that's we have to have a meeting. I got an email and I want to read it to you.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna over an going to change who we are just because some horse shakes her ass. Come on, Tim, don't get down. I thought they.
Speaker 7: Just because some horse shakes her ass.
Speaker 4: Petros and Money Dodger reliever roll call was very telling and a good reset for us as far as how many years have gone underneath the bridge downtown since we've had the Dodgers and all the different relievers that have relieved themselves on this show. I think it's fine, and I I don't like the fact that you're down because one guy on Twin blamed you for making the hour a slog. I don't think it was a slog at all. And I attacked that guy on Twitter. I attacked him back. I told him to eat it, and you're still not happy.
Speaker 6: I did appreciate that the snarky reply to Bob on Twitter who had that comment about so slog of an hour.
Speaker 4: That being said, have you thought of any other relievers that we've had on that we haven't thought of since we did that segment last Tuesday.
Speaker 6: None that I can think of, English speaking or Spanish speaking. No, I can't think of anybody. Tony Graziano, was he all with you guys at one point?
Speaker 4: No, that's a good one. The Robleski got through the wickets. That one got through the wickets. I totally forgot about that, but anyway we have.
Speaker 3: I think for the diehard Dodger fans, that was a hell of a segment. I mean, one of the truly best that the Petrosen Money Show has done in.
Speaker 4: A long while. Well, I think they don't do Dodger deep dives offten. I think what it is the reliever roll call. What it was was a really nice reset to be like, how much do you really know about what you do every day? And how much do you remember about great sports talk? Great sports talk? And I don't agree with the snarky guy on Twitter. So tonight Dodger Talk Dave is Dave is at least halfway feigning that he has Will Smith with the tweet. Otherwise I would say the tweet is misleading with Will Smith with the spring training style, I don't think he would do it if he didn't have him, you think he would If he had him, he'd write Will Smith is joining us? You think just the thumbs up. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to wait. Dave's not coming on till four thirty hour and fifteen minutes. He'll join us Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Is a flex alert clippers and sent atone and Sunday Big Ten College hoops right here on AM five Tim kits with the pre half and post chitching number three Michigan versus number. Is this an East Lansing?
Speaker 6: This is from the Chrysler Center and an arbor Michigan, oh.
Speaker 4: And Michigan sold out crowd h Michigan State Mission Tomzo and has chiseled out face tip off at one thirty.
Speaker 6: I would say it was for the Big Ten title, But the Wolverines have just absolutely run away with the conference.
Speaker 4: How are they so much better than everybody else on the conference? Is so good?
Speaker 6: In il there spent a lot of money going out and getting dudes, including dudes dudes on dudes zorro adiemorrow.
Speaker 4: That is a different a Daimara than we were used to seeing last year at UCLA, A more benign a die Mara. This a Daimara has more of a sinister goatee and a bizarro angry an arbor dark Michigan I vape and drink light beer type of look. Was it Arizona that just blew them out? Like the last big showdown that Michigan had. Kates, you're doing the pregame. You know this stuff, you know, Matt, I should know that off the top of my head. But unfortunately it was Duke who beat them by five last time out. Before that, Wisconsin handed them a loss, and other than that, they've only got to what two losses On.
Speaker 3: The end, they played that Duke team in d C. Its like a neutral site celebration. Good on both those two teams were doing that in the middle of conference, right, you better bone up on the big ten mat. I've tried. Hence then there was something going on there. It's like, wait a minute, but you said there was categorically fault. I believe I will have that Michigan game on It'll be Friday as they get the triple by Yeah, which makes sense, you know in a basketball tournament, you my friend, the triple.
Speaker 4: I mean, I gotta be honest. I was watching the game last night and this time of year in college sports or any sport really, when you're getting closer to whatever the tournament is or the playoffs, they throw up the standings on the screen. It's like a you know, big old thing, full screen standings, and it's like there's so many damn teams in the Big Ten. I can't even find it. It's like, come on, it's like throwing an encyclopedia page up on the screen. I don't care. Oh, Matt, we need the timpany. We need the timpany. I texted David fast saying two minutes ago, which is two minutes that Roman and Rodney could not give us. Do you have Will Smith day his return text? No, I just used that dumb gift.
Speaker 6: Oh oh oh.
Speaker 4: You know what make sense? Come on, promote the Baseball Classic hair judge Megan the Roads, beating him up, booping him up, booping to beat me to be beating him up. We will have we patrolled by Dave say well, I mean it was misleading, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Usually as a guest Will Smith on the World Baseball Classic Team USA, it made sense they play tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And this text to make you feel better. Kates the reliever roll call was off the hook. When the hell else are you gonna ever mention that noodle armed over priced Brandon League on the radio? Ever again? I think Brandon League. It's about twice a year he sticks his head out of the hole and gets mentioned around here as one of the relievers that that Andrew Friedman brought in that did not work out, That did not work out, Brandon Lee one of our favorite relievers that did not work and usually there is one a year. Last year was Kirby.
Speaker 3: Yates the way I remember him being super tatted up, Yeah, real tatted up, look hard.
Speaker 6: He had the Ricky Vaughan back of the hair like get in hard.
Speaker 4: Tanner Scott wasn't good either. No, Don McClain will join us next, Ronnie will Uh salves Bruson hits and blocking Blue only Kate's cares David Vasse Three Things Thursday, Matt says, there's a big surprise in the second hour.
Speaker 3: Big surprise, huge surprise coming something we have not done. I don't know how long it's been. Well, whatever it is, it's always incredibly popular.
Speaker 4: It'll be better than that first hour on Tuesday that create it's real slog that Kate's created there.
Speaker 6: Geez, thanks pe, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: You know you produce the show you like to think you give your your players the tools to work with to make radio magic.
Speaker 3: Not a slog, marta com Don mcclan is next. It's good looking Blazer.
Speaker 1: This is Petro Send Money, Demand Demand Money.
Speaker 3: AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app had clips last night. Took care of the Pacers. They will play again tomorrow, step up in competition with the Spurs, tipping off at six thirty right here on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Last night he was just hanging around. But the night before that UC LA Nebraska he was calling it our dear friend Don McClain, the leading score in the history of the University of California and Los Angeles, a hero to us all to discuss basketball. He's been joining us for the twenty years that the show has been on. Pat Wearing Snake is his Twitter. Maybe we'll effort a post FS one c AA, Big ten Network, not in that order. Southern California, Toyota neither Celebrity High or Toyota SOAKA. I'm not sure which one goes first. Don We hope you're well, how are you?
Speaker 7: How dare you say? I was just hanging around last night? I had your alma mater in Seattle?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? How did they look without the site? You bob?
Speaker 7: Uh, not so much?
Speaker 4: No, fight, don't fight out what happened? Don what happened up there in the Emerald City.
Speaker 7: It was actually a really good game for about twenty five minutes, and then Washington blew him out at the end.
Speaker 4: Oh, sprinkle sprinkled his fairy dust all over?
Speaker 3: Hey, what has to happen for? You know, I don't know if you want to share the details. If you know the details, But how bad does it have to get if you've paid a guy, you know, a million bucks or something. He's twenty six and he's your leading scorer and Big ten tournaments about to start and he decided to move on from him.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, it's more than a million bucks. Second of all, I think there's been stuff going on all year, like we don't know exactly what, but just kind of being around the program and doing as many of their games as I have. There's he's an emotional player, and I think an emotional kid, and he's been he's at a sixth school. He's twenty six years old, and I just think that, you know, it had to have been something that or some some things, because before they let it, you know, let him go. I mean, they were squarely on the bubble and had a chance to get into the NCAA tournament, and losing last night pretty much takes him out of it. It'd have to beat UCLA and then on Saturday and then probably win three or four games at least in the Big Ten tournament to get in. So unfortunate situation. But I guess they just had enough of them and.
Speaker 3: I would assume on the flip side of that showdown on Saturday, UCLA feels like they punched their ticket with that victory over Nebraska, to go with the wins over Purdue and Illinois at home.
Speaker 4: Does that feel right, No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 7: I did that game the other night, I said it. They won that game, they were in, they were already in. But I think that just made it so there wouldn't be any nervousness on selection Sunday. That went over Nebraska. But to me, more importantly, that was their best game of the year for forty minutes. Nebraska is a really good team and they handled them defensively. Offensively, they look great. And the biggest thing for me on the offensive side is bill it oh only I think had six points and they still blew out Nebraska. So that's a good sign that everybody else playing well. And you hope they can keep the momentum going into the Big Well Saturday against UFC and then into the Big Ten Tournament and then hopefully in the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 4: One off the menu there don outside of the Big Ten, UCLA USC the big story in college basketball is Miami of Ohio and do they have to win their tournament? And how can you keep a team that's gonna win thirty games out of the tournament. And people are saying it's the problem with the super conferences and the Big ten's now got to get eight teams and the SEC has to get ten teams. Hey, Wally Serbiak's now walking through that tunnel, Matt, where do you come out on the shade being thrown at Miami of Ohio versus a team like, you know, Auburn or whatever Big Ten team you want to choose, getting in with like eighteen wins.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just such a hard argument. Because you'd love to see Miami of Ohio play one of those teams and just see what it looks like. Are they overmatched? Like if they played a Big ten team or an SEC team, would it not look right? Because you know that's the argument. Well, Auburn and whoever plays a much difficult schedule, the conference schedule, and so they're a better team. But I think you have to reward this Miami of Ohio team for the season they've had. You know, and you know this, The selections now are so data driven, and we had a call a couple of weeks ago in like it was way over my head all this stuff. There's so many analytics and metrics and and all this stuff and that, and I guess that point's away from Miami of Ohio. But if they don't lose a game, like you have to put them in the tournament. I don't care what the metrics say.
Speaker 4: Me too, I feel the same way. It's also the Cradle of coaches football. They have a statue of Sean McVay. It's three feet high. The great Don McClain as our guest, the one and only leading scorer in the history of the Pac twelve and everybody knows. McClain knows who's in or out of the tournament. UCLA's in, USC's out. North Ridge never had a chance.
Speaker 6: Hey, Don, you're going to the Big ten tournament next weekend next week? What is that like for you? Have you gotten used to going to the Big ten conference tournament as opposed to Vegas and all those years for the back twelve.
Speaker 7: It's different. But I will say, you know, and this is no knock against the old PAC twelve because I love the conference and played it in property.
Speaker 4: You had a pool party, Don, You had a pool party. Yeah, annual pool party.
Speaker 7: Last year. It felt different than a PAC twelve tournament because in the old PAC twelve there were a few teams that traveled pretty well, but not like this man like Arizona travel like when Arizona was playing t mobile was full last year, Every game was full, and so in the proximity it was an indie last year. This year it's in Chicago. I get it that. Maybe it's a little closer, but it's just it's it's bigger, it feels bigger, it's louder. Some could argue there's more on the line for more teams. Why I mean that's not even an argument there is versus the old Pac twelve. But it's fun. Last year I did studio. This year, I'm to be doing games, so I'm looking forward to that on Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 4: Look, hey, you know, maybe a drink out with Matt money Smith. You know a lot of people want to be with Matt, but I'm sure he could fit you in. We had a drink last year, and I'm sure he could fit you into his schedule this year. Don I mean, very exciting for everybody involved.
Speaker 7: I don't mind. I don't mind grabbing a drink. You can say that, all right, Well we'll have that clip.
Speaker 4: I thought he was gonna follow, but I'm not having dinner with that kid. Yeah, well, you know, maybe if you take him to the pump room. Don The Lakers seem to be just as good as whoever they're playing, right or or or if they're or as bad as whoever they're playing. If it's somebody good, they're bad. If it's somebody bad, they're good. Are we just gonna toil like this for the rest of the season with nothing to talk about until they started fighting?
Speaker 7: You say that, that's interesting. You say that piece so If that is the case, what you just said, what's the denominator that makes that happen? Defense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there we go. That was I was going to say it, but you said it first.
Speaker 7: Defense. When you're when you're not great defensively, you beat the crap out of they're not so good teams. But when you run into good teams, you have problems because you have to rely on your defense when playing the upper echelon in the NBA, and they're just we've been talking about all year, they're just not consistently good enough on the defensive end to be consistently beating the good teams.
Speaker 4: Does Luca like, does he have a disease about complaining to the refs? I mean, it's almost like he's lost his mind, like he can't control himself at all. Is that how he always was?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: I think so. I think it's gotten a little I feel like it's gotten a little worse. But coaches are like that too, you know. I Mean there's guys that that get after the officials no matter what, whether you know, any call that goes against them, They're going crazy on the officials, and it's like every call against your team can't be wrong, and the same with Luca, Like every time you go to the basket, you can't expect a foul, and so I just think that's that's the way they do it, that's the way they've always done it, and that's who they are.
Speaker 4: Does it surprise you?
Speaker 3: And I don't know how much because you're so deep into the college basketball season, don and I don't know if you have time to watch the talking heads as it pertains to the NBA. But does it surprise you that Luca is taking the amount of incoming that he's taking this season? People, you know, talking about how much he complains about the officials, talking about how he doesn't play defense, that his teams aren't beating other great teams.
Speaker 4: Is that fair? Is it not fair?
Speaker 3: Is this still a team that was built around Lebron and the pieces don't fit around Luca? Or are these things that maybe the Mavericks had figured out and decided they just didn't want to be in business with him anymore.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you this, Matt, and I don't watch a lot of the talking heads, but I kind of what they say. But I will tell you this, and I never talk about when I played, but sometimes it's appropriate so I was a guy that got after the officials. A lot people don't like it. They don't like watching it, they don't like you doing it. And on a much lower scale I did it. But at UCLA, you know, I got technicals and all that, and it really turned a lot of people off. And so I think that's why nobody wants to watch a great player play great but bitch at the officials the entire game, like literally, And so I kind of know that from my own experience. Now I got better at it because I had to. I never played at the level Lucas is in the NBA, but I have a feeling that's what it is. Is guys are really turned off watching him complain the entire game. That's not once in a while, it is literally the entire game turn us off.
Speaker 4: Don you would have to go full Sharon More, which is a pregnant, a fat white girl break into her house. I don't know if I would say fast, geeol, she's got a winter coat on and it's called out there, and hold a buttery knife to your throat and threaten to kill yourself and her, and then we only push you on every other Yeah, and then we'd be like, I don't know if Don could be a weekly, we might have to cut his pay, But I mean that's what you would have to do, Don, to turn us off. We don't care how much you complain to the officials. But but how do you make a guy stop if he can't control himself? You don't.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's the thing. When when players get to that level in the NBA, his level, there's nothing you can do. What are you going to find him twenty grand every time he gets a tech? I mean, I don't even know what techs are anymore, what they find players for, but it's probably laughable compared to what they make. It used to be five grid, Like it was two grand, and it was five grand for the next whatever, for the next one in a game. I don't know what it is anymore, but I'm sure guys making fifty million aren't even flinching when they get ten grand taken out of their check for a technical.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: So, I don't know how you stop it.
Speaker 4: To be honest, no matter.
Speaker 3: How bad it gets, no matter where it is, you can always say it's not as bad as cal State Bakersfield.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Don? What do you mean fixed? Don did you hear about cal State Baco Don I did not. Yeah. One of their assistant coaches was pimping cross for State State. He had a bunch of math and weed and old coach Barnes had to step down.
Speaker 7: Really yeah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: So I'm glad that they I'm glad that they have.
Speaker 7: Look in his defense. An assistant at cal State Bakersfield doesn't make very much money.
Speaker 4: Three thousand a month, that's what it was.
Speaker 7: You get your side hustle on.
Speaker 4: You got to supplement that income. So this was a very very questionable side hustle, and I'm just glad Tramp didn't end up as a roadrunner. Appreciate you, don have a great night, Don McClain. Ladies and gentlemen, The best of the mask coming up next. My reaction only Kate's cares. How about that? On Petros and Money.
Speaker 1: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show, This is Petro Money on demand.
Speaker 3: That shows some money in five seventy eli sports thanks to Don McClain self admitted referee Harasser not liked and he said, you know what, by the fans turned a lot.
Speaker 4: Of people off, a lot of people didn't like me because of that right, felt like a little bit of a self admission.
Speaker 3: It was kind of a little therapeutic session between us and Dominic.
Speaker 4: Definitely, David Massey will join us. Dodgers are in good year today. Thing I walked off like a bunch of bitches, But it was I believe fourteen to thirteen the final score. Espinal hit a couple of jacks, so did mount Seat. Well, you'll get into that. Yeah, more number song will be in the four o'clong hour. Three Things Thursday, Matt Mundy, NFL Trade Smith and free agency talk. But right now, a segment that has been more prevalent in the last few weeks and months, Only.
Speaker 1: Kate's care Now for a segment that I've already lost interest in before this open is finished.
Speaker 4: Only Kates.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, I have a couple of things to bounce off you. Something that just kind of jumped out at me was Ellie Deli Cruse. You mentioned the Dodgers just got walk off.
Speaker 4: The long and strong Cincinnati Red grand theft auto Cincinnati Red shortstop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is really good and he is not playing right. He does, but he also hits bombs and he hit a two run home run in the third or second first inning today, first inning in Goodyear, and as he ran rounded third base. This is kind of just hirting me a little bit. He did the gritty with the third base coach for like fifteen feet.
Speaker 4: Like the kids used to do it in my son's little league. Well they're five years ago. They're still dated, right, they're.
Speaker 6: Still doing it. He did the gritty rounding third. The old third base coach did it right back at him as he was rounding third.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's something specially has with that elderly man.
Speaker 6: It's the spring training game. What are we doing? You hit a home run off a guy who's not going to be.
Speaker 3: Because it's spring training, right, Like I would never do this in a regular game, but hey, it's good Year, it's a dust bowl. All these people are out here in one hundred degree whether let's give him a gritty, that's what they came here for.
Speaker 6: I mean, why isn't this guy playing interesting?
Speaker 4: I wonder if that was his thought process.
Speaker 6: Man, I don't think it was his process thinking at all. But why isn't this guy playing in the World Baseball Classic dr Right, Yeah, he's from the Dominican Republic. How was he not on their team.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but we were wrong about Trout what we said that he wasn't out there because he was going to use a giant churo as a bat. Again, it's Mexico, right, But the truth is Trout's not out there. He can't play because of insurance. Remember, Oh, he's not out there at all. He said he can't get I think he's there just to hang out. But I don't think he can get the any shot of Miguel Rojas treatment. I think so Miguel's too old. Trout's just too brittle. I think it's an insurance issue.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. Making fifty million bucks a year progressive Geico.
Speaker 6: Nobody would insure this guy. No, not even the Geck. I mean, they'll ensure you're ATV, but they won't ensure Mike Trout.
Speaker 4: No, you lean on the general. Now, Actually, who is the uh? Who is the manager of US Baseball? Sam the Eagle? Sam the Eagle is the secretary? Oh got it? Mark de Rose is the manager.
Speaker 3: So I do have it on good authority that Mike Trout was like, I'm ready to play DeRosa and he said, are you insured?
Speaker 4: Trout said yeah, he said by survival. He said no, he said, I can't take you in the outfield. That looks like Howie Kendrick's going to be out there? Oh with Kendrick?
Speaker 1: All right? What else?
Speaker 6: You moving on? A little college athletic.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Kate's doesn't l like a black guy celebration, not since that guy wore his hat crooked for his dead brother. You got all pissed off about that.
Speaker 6: I love the celebration in the WBC. I love what's happening there. It's celebrating baseball, but but not in my white man league. In a spring training game in good Year, in the first inning off, some.
Speaker 4: Dude Fernando Rodney de la Cruz like that, who's.
Speaker 6: Gonna be working at Enterprise? Rent a car at Sky Harbor next month? And all of a sudden, we're doing the gritty around Third Bay.
Speaker 4: Lucky Day, we got you a full size.
Speaker 6: Up Gretty you for free. Cal Pauly, Matt, you've got ties to cal Pauly.
Speaker 4: My daughter Parker's a senior there.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know how much eligibility she's got left. But they have a d one women's flag football team that they have launched. They're gonna start playing. Maybe in twenty twenty seven, maybe in twenty twenty eight, they don't know yet. But it is the first Division one women's flag football program in the nation. And who are they're gonna play That is still TBD. When they're gonna start playing, got to start it TVD. But you know what, they have a head coach.
Speaker 4: They already have a head coach.
Speaker 6: Yes, A friend of the Petros and Money Show, Rod Sherman, formerly of Orange Lutheran High School, was named yesterday as the first ever head coach foot Wash Rod Sherman. Rod Sherman, from Orange lou won a CIF Division title back in twenty twenty one, was playing and coaching the Trinity the League forever five seasons after. He was at what Valor Christian with the McCaffrey brothers out there. Before that, he was a coordinator. He's an OLU guy through and through. He got let go for some reason despite a really good football year.
Speaker 4: For Hulu instead of just watched. No, that's not true.
Speaker 6: So he is gonna coach. His wife is going to be an assistant coach because she coaches high school girl flag football team. But he has been named the first ever. They're moving Sam Listen Vitel. They're moving up the coast and.
Speaker 4: They don't have They just gonna sit around for years while they wait for somebody else to get a teat. Now you're gonna start recruiting.
Speaker 6: Man Athlete director Carter Henderson acknowledge recruit to play a heads too. There are still questions about the time.
Speaker 4: You're recruiting against they'll.
Speaker 6: Be coming, he says. They're recruiting is prioritized with girls in California since it is the fastest growing sport in the country and California is the biggest.
Speaker 4: Signed my daughter up because she's such an aggressive and mean person in many ways. And I tried to sign her up for flag football in the fall and she's chirping like she wants to do cheer and I don't.
Speaker 6: I can't put the flags on her. Let's go.
Speaker 4: I have enough. It's hard enough for me to go to the you football games that my son plays in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, infrastructure and scheduling, ill you got an in it. Cal Poly, there you go. Hey, listen, Cali, you show up next thing, you know you're gonna be.
Speaker 4: A Tell you what, Matt, she doesn't wash your feet enough. She is dirty.
Speaker 6: I know somebody will do it for her. You have another story, Yeah, I got one more for you, and this is you know, I.
Speaker 4: Bet sax State's gonna shout out some money and get a team. I can see that.
Speaker 6: Of course they can do that. How about this soccer, the World Cup? Yeah, less than a stingers days until the World Cup starts here in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The US will face Paraguay on June twelfth. It's so far, so fine. On June twelve, Fox will have all the coverage FIFA. Did you know they announced hydration breaks during this year's FIFA World Cup. Soft hydration breaks will take place halfway through the first half and halfway through the second half of all matches.
Speaker 4: Orange slices and capricide.
Speaker 6: Now, if you're wondering why, weather has part of the factor of this, but the big reason playing cutter.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: FIFA is saying that the hydration breaks are player welfare induced. But they are three minute long breaks minutes And here's the catch. They have left it up to the broadcasting networks Fox in the States to determine if they want to one do no break, a break or no break with just advertising on the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got news for it. It's going to be a three minute commercial break. Here's why I get about.
Speaker 6: And they can go outside the normal FIFA advertisers and get new advertisers during those three minutes.
Speaker 4: Has nothing to do with hydration.
Speaker 6: If they elect to keep it there on the field and just put up ads on the screen, they have to use FIFA advertisers that are art built in screen. So if they want to make more money, which they all do three minutes.
Speaker 4: You want to make sure money? No, sure, we all do. So get ready for hydration breaks. Hey, cup games a coach, Can I have it a water for the hydration break? No, you idiot, it's just a commercial break. Gets your ass back out there. Get out there, Pablo hibration, drake my ass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've played in cutter Or it's one hundred and ninety degrees. Yeah, it's gonna be one hundred and one and well we all know what to do when you when you need water, salt salt pills, right, everybody knows that stupid ass FIFA. By the way, have you guys got any notices from FIFA on tickets? Think it's around that time where they're gonna start emailing people if you got tickets or.
Speaker 4: Not, you have a point one chance of getting tickets.
Speaker 3: You're registered, you're registered, right, yes, yes, I'm just gonna ask Petros to ask Barry for four?
Speaker 4: Sure thing naked? Four? It's done.
Speaker 6: What's the over under amount of people? Actually, we'll ask you, Petro. I'm gonna put it in three.
Speaker 4: I stopped taking anybody's calls. I don't have any more friends.
Speaker 6: It's coming for the World Cup. It is a highly demanded ticket and people are gonna ask you for Hey, Paratros, click at four for so far only?
Speaker 4: If you ask for four? Can I get six? More? Less? They don't have to be together? Oh? Two? Three?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: It's okay? What about five and one? How about four and two? Okay? It would be great?
Speaker 6: Paint concerts tonight? Can you get four for that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: That was the Michelle mo I really want to see pink. Can I get four? Four? Huh no? Why don't we work on two? How about just leave me alone?
Speaker 6: It's coming, Petros. You're gonna get those execs and always text you for tickets.
Speaker 4: So that's it.
Speaker 6: Now they have the one litigator Dad, they have the prison warn Dad.
Speaker 4: Nobody at Fox will ask me they have one.
Speaker 6: Food Guy Dad. They're all gonna start texting you.
Speaker 4: Food Guy Dad. I can't wait for fgd's coming, all right, So Tim, that's cal Poly starts flag football coach Sherman like the black Eye celebration.
Speaker 6: Yeah, timing place.
Speaker 4: And World Cup tickets are coming and they're gonna have place.
Speaker 3: The hot celebration is fine, but not in Goodyear, Arizona during a Cactus League game.
Speaker 4: Elly, remember what Fernando Rodney did with his hat. We'll never forgive him water.
Speaker 6: Hydration break, Everybody take a break.
Speaker 4: That was only Kate's cares. Everybody arousing success word number saw coming up there