Speaker 1: Listen Beaverville.
Speaker 2: Come man, morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 1: How about those dolphins? Hey, Terry him great it was.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us bring it must start later, please, I could never know what the day was us Florida.
Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice way to gondo gay. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: Sauce. Remember when we could play music, Uh, remind me remember like somebody would say something and then somebody would go a great point or good point, and I would play that song because it fit whatever we were talking about. Like yesterday, when everybody kept saying from a distance and we could write, would pay bet Middler exactly today it would be in the dark.
Speaker 1: Bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum. How weird is this?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: This is not really for people that are listening, but we're in the dark. Yeah, the lights are not working in this part of the building. So exactly, I assume you're running the stream right now?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, caffe dot Com slash watch looks ridiculous.
Speaker 4: The computer screens are all on. The TV's on for whatever reason, none of the overhead lights in any of the studios here at iHeart are working.
Speaker 1: No, you can't even see me. Yeah, I can't pitch the down behind me. But sauce you're pretty well it's with that screen in front of you. Yeah, h yeah, just in the dark. So what's no idea how long this is going to take out? The subt'll come up pretty soon? Who cares? This is fine? What's the difference? Fine? Supposedly just is either here or on his way here, so he's figure it out. We only lost by thirty eight? Who cares? Man? What a difference like two days makes?
Speaker 2: And comes off the bench in game one hits that unbelievable fade away, comes back with that three.
Speaker 4: How crazy was that? I just heard somebody say, let there be a light. Yeah, somebody just yelled. It was the Lord that was quick shout out to the engineers. Figure shut out, Steve, and what that was? You were saying something about the wolves? Yeah, this isn't as fun now I can see you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like the dark. That was fun. What was different? The day makes or something? It comes out?
Speaker 2: He makes that fade away he barks at the bench of the Spurs.
Speaker 1: Then he comes back and hits that three.
Speaker 2: There's highlights of him hitting the three over Wemby in the second he lets it go. He back pedals because he knows it's good. His first five shots were awful last night. He just didn't have it last night. And that you know you will, and I mean this in a nice way. You will correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Did they did the starting five only make one three pointer?
Speaker 1: Did I read that correctly in the stats? One?
Speaker 2: I think they were nine of thirty from three, the whole team.
Speaker 1: The whole team.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure one starter made a three last night.
Speaker 1: That sounds fun.
Speaker 2: Let me double check here, but that's hideous. I checked out at halftimes because they just didn't have it. They they it looked like one of those preseason regular season games against name of bad NBA the Jazz in February. That's what that looked like last night. And that that can't be playoff basketball. Yep, one for ten the starters, Yeah, horrible, that good?
Speaker 1: No one three.
Speaker 4: Now, I did the same thing. I was watching the third quarter. It was like close to thirty points. The Wolves at one point made a little run and I think cut it to twenty and I said to myself, we can get this like fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 1: I'll stay up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then it was starting to pull back closer to thirty and I checked out with like three minutes to go in the third. I'm like, screw this. I got to work in the morning. This game sucks. Yeah, sucks. The eight forty seven start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks because, like, if a game was close, we could.
Speaker 4: Talk about a lot of different things, breakdown different aspects of what do you say about that garbage? They got blown out thirty eight points, biggest playoff defeat in Timberwolve's history, thirty eight points. Previous record was thirty shocking. I thought, wow, yeah, that's hideos. They just didn't have it, and the Spurs showed they why they won sixty two games, sixty two. They were sixty two and twenty. I mean, Wemby last night, let's see here, he had eleven defensive rebounds, four offensive rebounds.
Speaker 1: It was at just off the top, yeah, off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: How about that? Yeah, it was just bad, unbelievably bad. And you know they kind of have the guardsy and bump. We're talking about this. Last night, we're two years ago when I think they beat the Suns, Steven A. Smith came out and said they're going to win the whole thing. Well, then last night or yesterday after they won or whatever it was, Kendrick Perkins, who's outstanding on ESPN. I love Kendrick Perkins, said they're going to win the whole thing. Then they lay an absolute egg last night on National TV, the only basketball game on and they just roll over and die. And then sorry, I'm fired up about this. It seems like it. Then we have to listen to ESPN talk about how Wemby is the first guy to ever block a goddamn basketball. They made it seem like he invented the block. They wouldn't stop talking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm stay with me for a second. Let me go to Twitter. Man, Minnesota sports are frustrating. Yeah, that's unbelievable. You just said that. Eight hours ago.
Speaker 4: You tweeted a gift of Arnold Swarzenegger from kindergarten cot screaming shut up at the top of his lungs, and you tagged it with the caption ESPN is acting like Wemby is the only person who has ever blocked a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: They were acting like he invented the block, like it was the first time they'd ever seen it.
Speaker 1: Eight hours ago, you tweeted a gift of.
Speaker 4: Tom from Tom and Jerry trying to keep his eyes open. Oh yeah, that was me, and it said this game is over, good night. Yeah, and I went to bed yep eight hours ago after.
Speaker 1: That, by the way, so he didn't go quite to bed. Shots. Yes, you tweeted. Minnesota sports always let you down? What a joke? What they do? Name the last time they didn't ninety one?
Speaker 4: Just checking the comments, see if you get called any slurs.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure I did.
Speaker 3: Ummmmmm.
Speaker 1: Actually these are mostly supporting you. Really that one takes a shot at you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, overwhelmingly that wasn't that bad. What a blowout classic Minnesota sports. That was one hour ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I woke up. You woke up and still wanted to do it. What a blowout? Saw the score? Yeah? Interesting? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Eight hours ago you tweeted, that was an awful first quarter. It took thirty minutes. The shooting was horrible, that's all true. It took forever.
Speaker 2: Then we had the the end of the Sixers game took an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Eight hours ago, you tweeted the last three minutes of this stupid Sixers game has taken twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: And I should mention you typed the number six and then e rs. Yes, six six ers, sixers, Yeah, six ers in that how you'd say it, the number six and then ers that's how you say it?
Speaker 1: Is that wrong? That is how you would say it?
Speaker 2: Yes, So yeah, that's the old story.
Speaker 1: On the Wolves.
Speaker 4: If you went to bed, you missed absolutely nothing, absolute blow out.
Speaker 1: Game three is tomorrow.
Speaker 2: In Minneapolis and they are I think the Spurs are three and a half point favorites tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would have won money on game one because I thought the Wolves were gonna keep it within thirteen and a half or even nine and a half. With aunt, I was dead wrong. Yesterday, I'm like, I think the Wolves can win the night. They're definitely gonna stay within nine and a half, and they got blown out by thirty eight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Never get your hopes up for Minnesota sports. They always let you down. When was the last time they didn't? Twenty five years ago? No, thirty Jesus thirty five years ago. Don't count the late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ladies, the ladies never let you down. But go for hockey. Yeah, go for hockey. Sure, but the major fourth while that's ninety one, Yeah, ninety one. So it's fun, it's awesome. I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch tomorrow. I'm going to the wild game on Saturday. I can't wait. Hot ass Randy and I have a hot ass date. Can't wait for that. Wish it didn't start at eight o'clock. We should started at like four point thirty. Uh did you say zacho. They're like closing down Seventh Street and all that.
Speaker 1: LUs seventh right in front of Kellogg there. I should buy a parking pass. They're shutting that down. They're gonna put a big ass screen out there, and they're gonna have a watch party outside.
Speaker 5: So please. The weather's looking pretty good. If you're if you can't make it in the building, go down there and then party. That's that's I mean, it's gonna be a little chilly, but bring you out.
Speaker 1: But it's been Aesta Minnesota on air production meeting. Can you let the phone thing off? That drives me nuts? There isn't that weird? Why does it do? That is weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not the only one that hears that, Like that's like but it's like, what's the dog waterboarding?
Speaker 2: But it's like the what is the word I'm looking dripping? Sound like yeah, except whatever exactly.
Speaker 4: It's just it's like it's the hair on the back of my neck standing up because I was like, oh, it just there's no way people on the radio can hear that, but the three of us can hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now it sounds peaceful and calm and nice.
Speaker 4: Where the hell is Tommy speaking of the opposite of calm and peaceful? And he's supposed to be here. Tommy's supposed to be here. Liber will be here later because it is Thursday. I don't know what Chris is doing. Chris is probably watching sports somewhere.
Speaker 1: I think he's too upset about the loss. For sure.
Speaker 4: He's probably taken the day off to cover from a devastating Wolve's loss.
Speaker 1: One thirty three can't handle it to ninety five? Yeah, just hideous. What a waste of time.
Speaker 2: What a waste of time you stay? I mean, you're you're a better person than I am, but in so many ways, and you know, you're a professional at this.
Speaker 1: Job in so many ways I'm not. Is that the end of the sentence.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm trying to fire and buy a parking pass for the Wolves game or the Wild game on Saturday. But like you'd stay up, you stay up a lot, like watch these games way into the middle. Yes, the close the morning, sure, if they're close. Yeah, I just knew, Like from watching all the Minnesota sports I've watched, I knew I could shut it down at halftime.
Speaker 1: I knew there was no kind of a game one of the Wild.
Speaker 2: You shut it down early, and the Wild came back and took a five to four lead. So sure they ended up losing, but you missed a hell of a.
Speaker 1: Game even though they lost. Yeah, it has. Yeah, it's been a busy week for me.
Speaker 2: I'm always tired about four o'clock because you're moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, I have a hunch that's going to say the same next week.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of errands, like what, well yesterday you got up, Oh brilliant, brilliant. The only two errands I know, one of them you paid for their only fans. Yeah worth it?
Speaker 1: What did you do yesterday? That was so taxing me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went and got a Mother's Day gift at Arthur's Jewelers.
Speaker 1: Did you get her? I can't say no. I gave it to her yesterday. Oh wow, I know you do that almost year. I've never understood that. Well, here's why, here's my here's my reason. Three more days. Take a deep breath. It's just so weird. You live your life all live mine. I know.
Speaker 4: I just think that's such a strange choice you. You're so impatient. You can't give her a Mother's Day gift on Mother's Day. Take it so weird?
Speaker 1: Take a deep breath.
Speaker 2: I do weirder things, man, Man, I just don't know my thought theory. My thought was, we're moving into a new house. We're in a new house. We haven't really unpacked yet. I don't know where I can hide this without her finding it from doing some unpack you know what I mean. Car, I'm not leaving at my car.
Speaker 4: How about I don't know, if find a spot in the new house under your pants.
Speaker 1: Well that would hide a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you've done this in the past, when you didn't move into a new house all the time.
Speaker 1: Every year you give it to her like three or four days ahead.
Speaker 4: Of time, and you're like, I didn't want to wait till Sunday. Yeah, I just don't understand that. But again, you can live your life. Yes, you can make the choices you want to make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever you want. She's done a lot for us, so I want to do So today is Mother's Day or you gave it to her yesterday. I gave it to her yesterday, So yesterday was Mother's Day. I'll probably give it to her today. That's hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her mom just heard that anyway. And then we went to the old house.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then the guy who now owns that house technically right now, he was there, very nice man, said hi to him, chatted with him, grabbed a few last things. Then we went to home depot. Then we went to our new target looking for you. Didn't see you, wasn't there. Uh, got some stuff. Then I went home. Then I took both the dogs out. And my house has that bit where like the air conditioner is like on the side of the house but like raised up. I was taking Winny out yesterday and I ran right into it, not paying attention, and it hurts so goddang bad.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's what I did yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't want your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably true. Man, fifty four to park.
Speaker 2: I'll pay that. No, that's too fun. You're fascinating, thanks man, I appreciate that. So yeah, but I'll get her a nice card. You got one more day? No Sunday?
Speaker 1: Why would you?
Speaker 4: Why would you give it to her on Sunday? Give her the card today? Where are you gonna hide the card? It's always Mother's Day at our house?
Speaker 1: What a kiss ass? Thank you? Uh?
Speaker 4: You know one problem with you new house is that there's a whole bunch of leaves and walk not up on the roof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't have to worry about it, especially up north where uh my dad lives.
Speaker 1: Are you getting gut her helmet on the new house?
Speaker 2: Yes, working on that right now. But you know what her dad doesn't worry about up at his house. Don't know, leaves well and hockey.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Hawk might be with him, but he doesn't worrytch on the wolves again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what he's making him, he's punishing him. You know what that guy you ran into doesn't have to worry about with his new house. Hey, there's Tommy saying into somebody your old house.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right to run a house. Right, it's like a brand new house.
Speaker 2: Probably why you bought it. Yeah, he doesn't have to worry about anything. And the new guy that lives in my old house, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have to worry about anything.
Speaker 2: Gut her helmet, gut her helmet, doesn't have to waste a weekend getting up on a ladder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tommy, think about this. Maybe you heard the start of the show. The lights were out in these studios for the first I don't know for the last couple of hours, but for the first handful of minutes. Absolute dark, right, just broadcasting in the dark. Can you imagine if we had just brought cast.
Speaker 1: In the dark. At six thirty, when Lieber walks in, two more wishes, Tommy Yilsen is here. The wolves got absolutely boat raced.
Speaker 7: This is the Power trim Morning Chow on the fand.
Speaker 2: Man, it feels like it's been about nine years, but Tommy Yolsen returns to the Power for the morning show.
Speaker 1: What was the last time you wrong? Like three weeks ago?
Speaker 6: Yes, I went to Vegas for Easter and I came back. Yes, and I came back for like a Wednesday show. I've been gone four thursdays in a row for work.
Speaker 1: So one was New York.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I went Vegas, New York, Alabama, Scottsdale in the past.
Speaker 1: How many of those are work? How many of those are fun? All work? Vegas was work.
Speaker 6: The rest have been like work, training, so not as fun as you mean. Vegas was fun. Vegas was family, Yeah, family. Everything else has been work man. Yeah, a lot of traveling.
Speaker 2: It's been good though, must be rough being too dealing in New York City.
Speaker 1: But you guys, did you see what happened in the meantime? I did the spring game? Remember I called in. I heard you did well? You know, said you did well? Yeah? Whatever, here was fun. I feel good about her. Interviews were good. I felt like I did okay, like I connected with the guy. I just tried to do what you guys do. Just be normal, not be yourself, be yourself. You can't lie to yourself. Yeah, but they kind of just threw me in there, really have any prep?
Speaker 6: They're liked, Tim, you know all these guys fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: But yeah, sure you played with all these guys, right, Yeah, yeah, they look good.
Speaker 1: How was New York the best? You love New York? New York's probably my favorite city in the world. More than Vegas. Yeah, more than to really, do you know what New York is?
Speaker 6: New York is if Chicago and Vegas had a kid that was like ten times bigger, faster and stronger, like two alpha athletes created a monster, and that's New York.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: New York like twenty years ago. Yeah, I went like three years ago.
Speaker 6: The best, the best bar hopping you'll ever do in your entire life.
Speaker 1: Love it, love everything about it. Yeah, yeah, things. Yeah. The last I think, the last time I was there was nine Ruby.
Speaker 4: That was the Rubio Draft and the Dave Michael Jackson died Rosie.
Speaker 1: Oh have you seen Michael? No?
Speaker 4: Fantastic, ten out of ten. Loved it really, so good. It's doing very well, not with the critics but with the box office. It reminds me exactly of Selena.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Selena? No? But I know this story.
Speaker 2: Sure, great same film, Zach phenomenal, sad ending, horrible ending, but well, don't ruin it.
Speaker 1: Pull your hands up.
Speaker 2: The lady that shot Selena, yeah wood Hawk, she's dedicated.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah he would, it's the same same premise. It's fair. It was so I love it. It was so you know her name. Yeah, it's a random bull.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a few reasons, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's out, isn't she. I think she got out out of jail. Oh, I'm sorry now her petition was denied last year. Her next parole review is March twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: Wasn't she like the leader of her like fancase? Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: And then like, didn't Selena like hire her? Yes? Yeah, no she was. That's how she hired her to run her fan club.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought it was like a okay, god, No, I didn't know Selena existed until she died. Right, It's not like she had mainstream US success, you know what I mean. She she was a big deal other places, but I had never heard of her until she got killed.
Speaker 1: What's her best song? Dream? I can't name one?
Speaker 6: Bitty beaty bum bum excuse me, Sinco Day twelve or sometimes single Day twelve.
Speaker 1: No, I swear I believe you.
Speaker 2: Big Big and CSUS Massive, Well they love Selena.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Cess is obsessed with Selena Big in your Intact world two very.
Speaker 6: Big bitty beaty bum Bum's Massive down in the nineties, Huge.
Speaker 1: Off, No it's so good. You've never listened to Selena Dreaming of You? No, you probably heard my wife loves that movie.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, you give me one to watch. You have to watch Selena. I don't know if I want to trade. I don't have time for this.
Speaker 1: What else are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Over to watch Man. Yeah, Cory, you would probably hate it. It's a lot of songs. It's a lot of yeah like feel good stuff. Yeah, rather watched the Detectives. A lot of skin, a lot of j there's a ton of j Loo skin, a lot of j skin. Okay, tell you what the backup guitar guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, to the backup guitar guy in this Selena movies.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you last night was a waste of time. It was horrible. It was Yeah. I watched that on the way home. Haven't seen Point Break.
Speaker 2: I saw that you posted on a social that it was on the plane.
Speaker 1: So good. It's so good. It holds to it really does, no, it actually does. I actually love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I and I went down to Kiano. Yeah, deep Dive kept watching Kiano movies for a while. Speed, Speed all the matrixes, like you ever go through all the matrixes. Of course, it's good to go back to yeah and then hard The first matrix is elite, right, the other two are You think you have moments of awesomeness, but obviously.
Speaker 1: It gets ridiculous and convoluted.
Speaker 4: And yeah, third terrible, but there's still moments there are still it's cool to see him exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Hardball, and have you seen hard You've seen Hardball or Slena? I haven't seen that.
Speaker 4: He's holding up on men's What is that men's journal? Men's journal with Kiano Region on the cover.
Speaker 1: There you go if you want it. I don't know it. That's not mine.
Speaker 6: You're probably going to cry at both Selena and Hardball, but better chance to cry at Hardball. What Oh, you've never seen hard No?
Speaker 1: No, No.
Speaker 6: Top five soundtrack of any movie of all time? Maybe Mount Rushmore Top four.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 6: My mom used to play it in a Grand Prix all the time. First draveters off school. Wait what year grand Prix? It was a white Grand Prix. I'd say about a ninety eight. They have the big timers on there.
Speaker 2: You think they don't. Yeah, go through the soundtrack quickly. Ball Game by de Brat so good. Hardball by a Little Wayne and Bow Come on Yeah, Big Papa. Ten out of Ten by Biggie Play by Mob Deep, You Can't Break Me by Big Timers, Whaler, Whaler Ghetto by Jermaine Dupree, Whaler Who You Love by Rock Good Tune? Where are the Party at? By Bow Wow, You're gonna say where have all the cowboys gone? When you thought yesterday Hawk was gonna say Paula Cole or I was gonna say Paula Cole.
Speaker 1: That was a great moment. I need to Uh, the storm is over for now by r Kelly.
Speaker 2: I think he's just dehydrated and the rest of my life by Escape Great Okay, Yeah that's pretty fire.
Speaker 1: Pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, released it though. That's a tough one. Oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, wonder it got overshadowed. So yeah, that's what Eddie and I were getting dropped off to it. Uh sent you to the lake? Mmm dogs, dude? Badass church there man? Yeah. Oh yeah that's where I got married.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah, it was beautiful. Yeah, good spot. That's nice ceremony. Yeah that's where I went to kindergarten. Yeah yeah, full circle, but full circle. I'm telling you, please watch Hardball please. I'm going to be one hundred percent honest with you because I like you. I probably won't.
Speaker 1: Then I'll never watch What's what is it called? If you can't spot the sucker, you're the sucker. Rounders? Yeah, I don't watch that. Heartball's better than Rounders? I doubt it.
Speaker 4: Willing to bet a lot of money wrong, ask all the critics. Okay, hold on, call mister Z. What's the movie called Hardball? I would guess. I would guess Rounders is probably like seventy something.
Speaker 1: Hardball is forty two.
Speaker 4: I bet my house Rounders is higher than forty two. Bet yeah, underbucks, Come on, I know it's I don't want to take your money.
Speaker 2: It's definitely yeah. It was going to be in the sixth rounders?
Speaker 1: Like, really, good is it? I don't know if it's outstands outstanding? It's outstand really and it holds up again.
Speaker 4: The only thing that doesn't hold up is the first five minutes where Matt Damon literally.
Speaker 2: Explains Texas hold him because it was so.
Speaker 4: New to the masses, sure that people are like, how do you play?
Speaker 3: Hold them?
Speaker 1: How does this work for an outmaker? Yep?
Speaker 4: And now what almost thirty years later, I'm still asking, how do you play?
Speaker 2: Hold them?
Speaker 1: It's fun man, great movie.
Speaker 6: I played three card in Scottsdale and horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but gambling. God, they had roulette and I started shaking. I have a problem. When do you go back to Vegas? Nothing on the books. Yeah, there's rumors in the fall, but nothing on the books. Look at you, hey, Tommy Fourth of July is on a Saturday this year. I did see that.
Speaker 6: I did see my my baby cousin's thirtieth golden birthdays July thirtieth too.
Speaker 1: So we might go there, might go to the might go to Nashville. I don't know. I gotta go back. He's there. Miss you? I miss it. Yeah, yeah, it's just the energy. I just miss that. Yeah. And I miss not getting judged drinking at eight in the morning. Yeah, it's like New York, but better. You know, who doesn't judge you there? Dov Dov? Yeah, you know, I like the French there, Dov.
Speaker 2: We'll do front page Sports after this, including the Wolvespurs game.
Speaker 1: This is the power Trip morning Shoe on the Fan.
Speaker 5: I have sixty one today, by the way, Sunny Sky's thirty five right now and from tip off to the final buzzer. Carboni's Pizza Ria has your Game three playoff party covered. Visit one of our thirty locations, score big on great pizza and enjoy Game three Friday night. Find the Carbonies at carbonis Pizza dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do front page Sports because it's not fun to talk about what we have to it's our job.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I don't mean sports, I mean this specific game. Yeah, the game suck.
Speaker 2: Now for Front Page Sports, presented by Holiday Station Stares.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores. Check this out.
Speaker 2: You guys are familiar with Flavortown, right, yeah? Guy, guy, you kidding? One ticket straight to Flavortown. Please write all your hands up. You know who loves sky Fiery Please say Dove Yes?
Speaker 1: Does he really? Yeah? Yeah, he's flawless.
Speaker 2: Doob always will say that's out of bounds because that's like what you say. Well, you can start your day at Flavortown at Holiday Uh.
Speaker 4: You guys eat like normal human beings. What the hell's chariso? Because they got a chariso biscuit sandwich. That sounds amazing, is that right? Sausage?
Speaker 1: Yeah, on sausage, so shocking to no one. I did foods too twice in high school. No one cares about the story.
Speaker 6: Gave my final presentation both both semesters on Chariso, no kid swear you tell you all about it?
Speaker 2: Did you run the exact same presentation both times?
Speaker 1: All back the same?
Speaker 2: Yeah, brilliant flavor town at Holiday, go get that Cheriso biscuit sandwich.
Speaker 1: Thanks Holiday. I'd never heard of cheries until just now.
Speaker 8: So good.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 6: Every time you see that the menu, get it, especially with eggs and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, standy, yes, so good.
Speaker 4: These San Antonio Spurs won one thirty three to ninety five over the Timberwolves, evening up the series at one game apiece. Wemby nineteen points, fifteen boards, just two blocks.
Speaker 1: That's it. What's the ESPN two to talk about today?
Speaker 4: I know we lost by thirty eight, but when you score ninety five points in the playoffs, you would think that it would be a little more.
Speaker 2: Star driven. Do you don't know Wolf last night had more than twelve?
Speaker 1: It did him? Three of the starters have twelve?
Speaker 4: Yep, an Ant, so you had Randall and the Daniels, Shannon and Ant.
Speaker 1: Had a team high twelve points. Night twelve Bad Night.
Speaker 4: Wemby had eleven points in the first like nine minutes yep, and our high score for the entire game was twelve.
Speaker 1: I think Dearn Fox had ten in the first quarter.
Speaker 4: So largest playoff loss in Wolve's history thirty eight. Previous record was thirty I think against the Lakers a long time ago. That was also the Spurs' highest scoring playoff game one hundred and thirty three points since nineteen eighty three, saus What.
Speaker 1: You were you born eighty two? Sir? Do you remember that he Spurs scored one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, every detail, thirty whatever, so highest since then.
Speaker 1: No, you don't remember that game when you were one?
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember anything. When's your first memory?
Speaker 1: What age? That's a good question, that has a good cue.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was a kid, I had this's gonna have to have you to be a little more specific, I was probably two two and a half and we had this. Will here's what I has memories from two and a half go on, we'll not I do, Yeah, thank you. We had this, uh you know, like a thing that looked like the basically like a dashboard, like it was just like a car wheel, right.
Speaker 1: What had this like key thing?
Speaker 2: All toys in the eighties were could could harm you at any moment, right, Corey you I mean the the Tonka trucks that you're sweet would rust out and cut you in a second. And I was playing with it and I put like, probably I think I put my finger in like the keyhole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: My sister turned the wheel of the car and it locked in the key and it cut my hand.
Speaker 1: I remember that that.
Speaker 2: Was probably the only worst bad thing it's ever happened to me my childhood.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was funny, she laughed. Sure, that's probably it. I mean, like I feel like I should give her money for doing that. Yeah, she's flushed with network fund. Sure that's probably it.
Speaker 1: Your two Yeah, it's good. I just think I still have the scar.
Speaker 4: I don't think I have a memory earlier than like seven ish. I got nothing before that.
Speaker 1: Like first grade ish? Seven? Yeah, maybe don't you remember preschool show and tell her first day of preschool?
Speaker 4: I know I have see this is this. I don't want to immediately contradict myself. I remember being told that I did this over and over and over again. But I remember in preschool we had to think speaking of the eighties and being dangerous in the preschool I went to Again, I don't have a visual memory of this, I've just been I just remember my parents telling me that I did this all the time. We used to have to They would give us, like a map of app Africa and we had to take a pin, like a pin that you would use for sewing things, and you would you would have to pin the border of specific countries.
Speaker 1: And the idea was it takes you so.
Speaker 4: Long to poke holes to go all the way around the country that eventually you like, remember the geography. This is a preschool what oh yeah, So we would like pin countries out, And I'm like, you're giving.
Speaker 1: Four year olds pins and saying.
Speaker 2: Just hey, little corny, go go sit over there in the corner and just pin.
Speaker 4: The map of Africa until you, you know, pop the paper out.
Speaker 1: It sounds like punishment.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was punishment. But again, I don't remember. All your hands up is real.
Speaker 1: That was real. It's not like a story. No, that was not like the office. That was real. Yeah that sounds horrible. Yeah it worked out, but.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't remember the geography of Africa, But I know I did that. But I love the concept. But the concept is you have to spend so much time doing it that you hopefully remember it longer than just two seconds because it takes you.
Speaker 1: Like thirty minutes to do it. You're making that up. I'm not making it up. That's how they taught you. Well, I didn't retain it. Yeah, I had really bad fine motorsciles. I'd have been a nightmare. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Same, that suck again. This is like nineteen eighty four. Imagine giving a four year old a pin.
Speaker 2: But Tommy, you and I had four years old weighed eighty two pounds fifth grade.
Speaker 1: That away. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Game three Friday in Minneapolis, the Wolves held were held at just thirty five points in the first half.
Speaker 4: Somebody, I think the broadcast last night said that was the lowest total we had all year long in the first half, thirty five points.
Speaker 2: So they kept it close for a second. They were ice cold as bad as.
Speaker 6: They started, Like, I thought, oh, yeah, our defense will keep us in because it was like seventeen fourteen and no one could make a shot, nobody at all, nobody, And I was like, oh, we'll come back around.
Speaker 1: And then ant went what over six? I think just over five. I think he started over five and like we just could like all of our shots looked horrible. You know what's now? What's the deal with Ioh? Because none of us thought he was playing? He played?
Speaker 4: He played ten minutes and that was it? Over four?
Speaker 1: Well? Are we just did?
Speaker 2: We? Did?
Speaker 1: We? Rushing back? One game? Early rush? Great? I don't know. I'm not a doctor. What do I know? I just sit here and pin maps all day. Well, now now we're one and one. Now I'll go to and odd home, go back wolves and five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well said, if you had told me before the series started we were going to split in San Antonio, I would have been thrilled. Right, But don't you think sometimes when you know, we're not used to this because it's never happened, But don't you think, like because the wild they're getting their asses kicked? Two, it just feels like the entire sports market is crumbling. So it's it is just one loss, even though it's a thirty eight point ass kicking, but it feels like everything's just going south.
Speaker 1: So it's actually it feels way worse than it is, way worse.
Speaker 2: They stole home court advantage like, yeah, we should be pretty happy.
Speaker 4: But that was an absolute disaster last night. And that's not fun.
Speaker 1: No, that sucks. But what did we do last year? Remember we won't we down in Denver? Well one point? They were down? Weren't they down? Three to one? No, that was the hockey team. No didn't. He didn't ant say we'll see you in seven or something.
Speaker 2: And then he told her. Then they asked him, did you really tell? And he goes, hell, yeah I did.
Speaker 1: He's such a dog. We got to talk about Aunt already best Minnesota athlete of all time, Yes, already. I love him more than anyone's ever even close. He's the best timber wolf of all time. He's up there.
Speaker 6: It's him and Randy and if he wins, if he wins a championship, dead at Randy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all he's got to do. I love him. Yes, I got to get paired of the shoes. Yeah, his shoes are sweet. I just love how he's such a dog and he's turned this whole team into his dogs. And then Jayden that's the other thing. Jayden got in follow trouble, that's yeah, which Aunt called out after the game.
Speaker 2: You can't do that, Yeah, you got to call him Outah, the Twins got smoked fifteen to two.
Speaker 1: No they didn't.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, by the Washington Nationals. The Twins had three hits, Washington hit four home runs.
Speaker 2: The Twins bullpen gave up ten earned runs.
Speaker 1: That's so bad.
Speaker 2: The pitching's there, man, The hitting is kind of wishy washy, but the bullpen is so bad. They have I think I read somebody. I think it was one of like Bonus's guys tweeted like last week. They have a guy on their bullpen that was released by the Dodgers of like a seventy RA and the Twins use him in high leverage situations. That's not a shot at our guy, the manager who's a plus. He has nothing to work with. That's nothing to work with. You know, it's a bad night when the Twins lose fifteen to two and Sauce didn't tweet about him. Yeah, that's how bad The wars came one. Yeah, there was not. There wasn't a dumpster fire gift. There wasn't like way to spend money in free agency. There wasn't any of that. It was just all wolves.
Speaker 1: I don't have my TV's up yet because he doesn't put him up yet? Can he hang TV's? Oh yeah? Really yeah? Is he good at it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So they you gotta do it in the muscle to throw back, Oh yeah, god or straw?
Speaker 6: Yeah, please bring all your jerseys and coming up my TVs, ceter like.
Speaker 1: The guy's got to be good at something. He's good everything he touches. Yeah, he can hang TVs. I'll give him that. He can't start. He's good at it. He's so good at it. I'd listened to Saturday as a swab. If he had a show here he pitched that day? I don't I think you pitched that there?
Speaker 2: Well, Saturdays with Sauce doesn't even exist anymore. Sure that what happened to that show? I moved on?
Speaker 1: Our spring sports are now good? You know it's back when right?
Speaker 4: Didn't you do it in the spring? Well, we didn't even ask you about that. I mean, sure you did the sideline work, But what did you learn? What'd you see?
Speaker 1: Oh? Drake's a dog. I always saw what happened to him? Do you see that? Yeah? Stupid? Who cares? Who cares? Who cares? We all have we all we all have one who cares care. But he looked fantastic.
Speaker 6: He was five or six for ninety yards and they started the whole game off with a deep ball do or Auburn wide receiver transfer.
Speaker 1: Stud You guys, we got the weapons.
Speaker 6: We arguably have the best running back quarterback tannem in the Big Ten arguably.
Speaker 1: No, we really do, Drake.
Speaker 6: I mean Darius Taylor's back, you guys, and he's a top top five running back.
Speaker 1: Anthony Smith our d end.
Speaker 6: He'll be a top twenty draft pick, top twenty.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you come out with this year? Then? I think I got a lot of money to come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he made more. He would make more though as a up thirty pick. Yeah, Okay, he is good. He's really good. Would you guys bet me that he'll be a top twenty pick. Well, we already lost money to you with Athan Kelly. Finally, one way, I can't believe he got picked.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: Signed him as a agent.
Speaker 6: Correct, that was fantastic, But I will know, you guys, Anthony spant and then we have three uh D line transfers that are really good. And then John Nester the Iowa transfer. He's going to be really good d back. I think we got all the potential. Our linebackers are deep. We have six linebackers that are really good. It's going to come down to Drake. Yeah, it just comes down to Drake.
Speaker 1: Honestly. We need we need a quarterback. We we kind of had it with Brosmer.
Speaker 8: We did.
Speaker 2: We did the back half of Brozemer's season. It was like, Wow, we actually have a quarterback.
Speaker 4: We were a game because of bros And we've always we've said it, We said this to his face. Adam Weber had the potential, but he hit a million different offensive coordinat they changed everything. Like Weber was a very good quarterback, but Brozmer looked like he was the real deal.
Speaker 1: We need Drake Lindsay to look like he is a a well a guy that's draftable. Correct, Right, He's got the potential, he's got the size, he has it all on.
Speaker 2: We have like fIF Jeez Becauz Calik Manus doesn't count.
Speaker 1: He does not. He was Rutgers.
Speaker 4: So what has it been like fifty years since the Gophers have had a quarterback drafted.
Speaker 1: It's something like that, right, like the seventies. Yeah, I think it was Mike Ownsey was my dad's quarterback. He's a stud it's been fifty years. Yeah, eighties eighty two? Crazy eighty two? Is it fifty years sixty? If eighty two was fifty years ago, i'd be fifty. Okay, sorry mathematicians, it is forty four. Yeah, I think it goes back even further than I think it's in the seventies. Yeah, so I don't know. Yeah, Drake needs to be good, but not good, No, he needs to be great.
Speaker 4: We need we need if it's not Drake, somebody that the only way this program's ever going to change is to have a guy that's legitimately like a top ten quarterback in the country.
Speaker 2: You know what we need?
Speaker 1: We need to run the ball. Last year we were the last in the Big ten and rushing offense. Last You know how you run the ball? Well, you sling it correct, you sling it.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, instead of the run opening up the pass, let's have the pass open up the run.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 6: But like, we got to figure it out. And like that's what they're really leaning into, like really trying. And you know, I've said some crappy things about the football team.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that. It's it's an A plus environment. That's one thing I hate. Plus I said that one thing.
Speaker 2: It's fun to go to those games, a beautiful down there fall afternoon.
Speaker 1: It's it's fun. Man, It's the one thing I was really proud of what I said. Correct, But I just said what.
Speaker 6: He's done from when he got here till now, and that was like the killer till now people look forward to actually going to the game.
Speaker 1: It's actually a thing to do. Like it's it's it's like an event.
Speaker 2: I mean the game I was at, they almost lost to an awful Michigan State team, but did they know they didn't?
Speaker 1: They won, That's all that matters. It's a beautiful environment, it's so.
Speaker 6: Fun, and it's just they they yeah, what he's done there, and like the kids actually come, like the actual like the stadium is actually full.
Speaker 1: I mean Corey and may Era they played at the Dome. Nobody went to that because had a bust over there. Another State at Manning's was fantastic. Sounds a good dude scene, fantastic, dude. I do this for you, you guys. So I've been looking at the schedule. Remember we've been talking. I got it right here, daddy.
Speaker 6: So my family, my dad, he retired, so they're going to go over to Europe during the fall. So that means good for your two free tickets there, I got season tickets here.
Speaker 1: I'm loading up some tickets for the k fan squad. We'll make it a whole thing. So you're gonna bribe us to come back this game. Okay? Oh yeah, media, you have a job to Smole's birthday? Well good? Yeah, Oh you got to be there for smole My birthday?
Speaker 8: Go on?
Speaker 1: Is this the Airbnb? Oh, there's remember I talk I'll talk about the October twenty fourth. Yeah, it's my thirty fourth. Iowa comes to down Home, coming to We're gonna be up all night that NBA. That's like nb A. What do you got plans jesus? Yeah sure, Okay, Mississippi State comes to town. That's pretty good. In September. That'd be a good one to go to a September birthday. Either way. We got to do Manning's Yeah, I agree. We quacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a lot of lunch dates that we've never completed, and they're all fried food. Yeah, Norman Quacks kicks ass core MBA is the week before, It's the week before you're cash Yeah, you go, but I mean you're.
Speaker 1: Going depends on well they're gonna.
Speaker 2: It's different than we're going out in New Zealand, we're going to November or what really matters after this?
Speaker 4: Ben Leeber should be here in a second. Tommy Olsen is here. This is the Power Tram Morning show on the Fan. The Power Trip is headed to the Island.
Speaker 5: Join the guys at Treasure Island May twenty eighth and twenty ninth for two shows for the games, tons of laughs and great prizes, including trips to Las Vegas. Book your stay and say twenty percent of promo code KFA n plus a special announcement you will not want to miss. All the details at KFE dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 1: All right, Ben liber will be here in a second. It's time for What Really Matters.
Speaker 4: Though, scores and stats around the world of sports, and it's brought to you by Oh Though, Sick and Lens. Go get lights from doctor Mark lobman Off and doctor David White and the best. They're super nice. Sure they're going to change your life with Lasik, But Tommy, you know this right.
Speaker 6: The best guys in the world, the greatest dudes, underrated guy, Doctor loomis fantastic.
Speaker 1: Loomis the greatest guy. Yeah, great, call over there. Places he leave place is so nice you walk in, you know, it's just nice.
Speaker 2: That is the correct answer. It's right down here, right right over here. Yeah, by where the Embers used to be.
Speaker 4: If you're going to Perkins, you're gonna go get breakfast with Rosie at Perkins.
Speaker 1: You'll see it on the way. Oh, how's doing.
Speaker 2: He's coming in on the next Wednesday for the Golf Bet What Golf Bet PG Championship? You're in?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wait, Tommy, Ben, Ben, Tommy. Yeah, you guys been saying out of et.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: He's dead? Goodbye? Yeah, so like goodbye off to Yeah, he has so many slammers. Ten out of ten levels is a top five of all time. Yeah, it's super good. All right, Ben, let's come out of the gates hot. Yeah, yeah, possible.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 4: I want to go straight into the murky stuff. Let's just let's just I want to see what the room thinks.
Speaker 1: We're getting dirty and grimy right away. Six thirty Dianasini and Micro Oh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The latest update is they reportedly rented a private boat just the two of them for like three hours two months before the birth of.
Speaker 1: Her first son. And now there's people that have, like, you know, receipts and stuff. There's there's a paper trail. It's God.
Speaker 2: Anybody have a hot take on this, because I'm getting I'm all your hands up, I do go on.
Speaker 1: He's going to get fired. I think so too.
Speaker 2: He's going to get fired because I think what he did is it illegal, not even close. But he's going to get fired because if they hadn't if this team hadn't won the Super Bowl and they were just like an eight to nine team, he'd be fired already. It's too much heat. It's wade, it doesn't die out. He's gonna he's gonna get fired. Because there's also a rummer, and I'm not saying it's true, allegedly he might be the father of a child.
Speaker 1: That the kid's knowing is Mike. He's going to get fired. That's my should a movie on this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: They will ben the floor? Is yours hot take? I don't have a hot take on that.
Speaker 8: I think it's I mean, if it's not his kid, it's kind of gross, actually really gross. I mean, you know, he's he's bobbing and we even with some other some other kid in the oven. Yeah, listen, I think that there's a lot of different parts to this. When I when I look at the source of this new story, which I think came from TMZ some once, I think TMZ Sports is doing their very best to catch up and be the lead dog on the story. They passed up this story first. So this story, the initial story was floated to TMZ Sports. They said, we're good, don't want it. That's when what the New York Post ran at. So the New York Post runs it breaks the story. So now I just feel like everybody else is done with this story. But TMZ Sports, because they got their tail between their legs, they're trying to do anything they can to be the TMZ of sports and find other ways to dig up the story and show that they're the top dog and the rumor mill. So now they break this story, I don't think that he's going to get fired. The damage is done.
Speaker 1: Like we know that we all know that.
Speaker 8: There was an affair. We all know that this happened for years and a lot, probably a lot longer than you think. Even if they go on Mari povit Povich and they find out that the baby is his, and maybe both kids are his. I don't I don't think it further ruins his reputation. I think the reputation has already been kind of sullied. I think once Ota start, once Mini Camp starts, it's going to be a dead story. It's it's just the news cycle. It's gonna be a hot story for maybe a week, and that's it. I don't, guys, I don't think it's all that shocking that they rented a boat for two or three hours.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's just not that part is just hilarious, right, it just gets funny. Also, not that shocking that she was pregnant. I mean, it's a little shocking.
Speaker 4: That's a little weird if it's she's seven months seven months, so she's shown you.
Speaker 8: But I think everything I think, I think the court of public opinion already thinks that the child is his anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, that's a very hard by the way, That's my hot take on this thing is like, look, you know, twenty years ago on this show, I would have freaking loved this scandal, right Yeah, And I don't dislike this scandal anyway, because it's kind of just fun.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's fascinating.
Speaker 2: But the older I get and the softer I get, it's, uh, I just feel awful for that kid because at some point he's going to grow up and read that whether or not Mike brabels his dad, the fact that, like, you're seven months in there and your mom's hooking up with somebody else that's not your dad, or maybe he is your dad.
Speaker 4: It's like, I just I fear for that kid's mental state when he realizes that this was his situation.
Speaker 8: That part that is the other part of this is that it is that Yeah, it's a scandal between these two consenting adults, yep, But I feel terrible for the husband and I feel terrible for her two kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I feel the kids specifically more even more than the husband. Correct, I mean honestly the married Yeah yeah, yeah, oh yeah, but Ben snailed it again. Once you grow up and look again, they're consenting adults. Yeah, they can make any choice they want. It's their life, but they have to live in it, and they're both suffering the consequences.
Speaker 1: But the ones that don't make the choice of the kids and now they have to suffer that's what sucks.
Speaker 2: Then, I mean, yeah, no, for sure, I'm not saying the husband we shouldn't feel bet I feel like exactly I feel. I mean, that's still crushing marry. Somebody think you probably appropriated when it's public. Yep, yes, yes, but it's worse for the kids.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so I don't know, man, it's just uh, I don't think any opposing fan base is gonna not just let him.
Speaker 1: They're just gonna let him have it at every road game. They're gonna let him have it. But I think the other thing I saw is.
Speaker 2: Just wait until she does like a sit down interview podcasters, right, because she will because the cash it's unemployed. Yes, somebody like barstool would pay her. Somebody's gonna pay her to do a sit down tell them. Now, barstool might not because the owner of it is a huge Patriots fan, but like you know what I mean, somebody will pay her to sit down and do an interview with them, with them, and it might get even or greasy.
Speaker 1: Well okay, what if they're all okay with it? What if?
Speaker 9: Well, So the comeback to that is, we don't know, but into it. But the comeback here her husband is the Pinson alpha male coming just you know, have poor choice of words.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: The uh the comeback to that though, is is somebody pointed out the pictures when it all broke.
Speaker 1: Those aren't like iPhone pictures.
Speaker 2: Those are private and investigator pictures, like a long lens, long lens that somebody hired to find out what they were doing.
Speaker 1: So he had a hunch, yes, well got it.
Speaker 8: I thought the report was that he's come out and said like he did not hire the private investigator.
Speaker 1: It wasn't him. I think it's Vrabel's wife did oh really yes? Oh so this is like really bad. I guess, well, I mean.
Speaker 2: Reason six years ago at like a restaurant in New York, like making out in the bar.
Speaker 1: That why full affair. That's all a full affair.
Speaker 2: That's why they think he's the father of her seven year old child or six year old who's who's.
Speaker 1: Michael?
Speaker 2: Michael and her looks a little bit like Rabel, but the kid, so the kid kind of looks like both guys because they have similar kind of facial structures and features.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the whole thing is that.
Speaker 2: Sucks really matters is this you brought it up that's that's bad.
Speaker 1: It's a mess. Yikes.
Speaker 8: But I'm telling I'm telling you, if this unless unless T m Z or whoever is they just keep fishing and finding little stories like this, which they're going to keep it alive. If they keep it alive, I will probably agree with you. Maybe the pr is just too bad and they have to let Rabel go. But if if this is kind of the last story that they can find, O t A is gonna start. Guys are gonna be on the field. Football is just going to resume. We got we got other you know, all the playoffs are coming down under the wire and into the actual championship rounds.
Speaker 1: So, like, I think it's just gonna go with the only thing that's weird.
Speaker 4: You know, the people that said there was a double standard, Well, you know, he's a football coach. She's a journalist, right, So the New York Times, which owns the athletic has different journalistic integrities and standards, And that's what they basically were going to pincher on if she hadn't resigned, is we're going to do an investigation because if this is not on the up and up, you're going to.
Speaker 1: Be out of here.
Speaker 4: I would still argue that from a Patriots standpoint or Titans back in the day.
Speaker 1: If I'm the owner, are you are you giving out this gal?
Speaker 2: Are you giving her a whole bunch of company secrets just so you can.
Speaker 1: Sleep with her?
Speaker 2: Or you know what I'm saying, Like I'd be like, sure, you're winning us a lot of games, but like, quit telling her everything?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Keep it in house, buddy, Like you could see that being an out for I don't think Robert Kraft cares.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's maybe he's the wrong guy, but maybe a different owner would be like, this guy's got to go, like he's telling a reporter everything.
Speaker 1: I don't think Robert Kraft's gonna care about this much.
Speaker 2: But I saw something yesterday, and who knows if it's fake or made up, But it was that she floated the idea a few years ago when he was with Tennessee that somebody was going to trade a first round pick for Julio Jones, and the bit was is they got him for a second round pick. So she was out there selling the or pushing the information so then he could get Julio Jones on a discount.
Speaker 1: There was some story about that the other day, Well, that's the other thing.
Speaker 8: A lot of people are gonna hammer her for the PC for the ethics, for the ethics which as a journalist and a reporter you are held with the type of job that she has, she's got a higher standard of a higher bar to meet when it comes to ethics. With him, I could agree with you, Corey, that you could say, like, listen, we don't we don't want any coach, head coach or otherwise or anybody in the front office buddy buddy with journalists and floating stories in telling company secrets.
Speaker 1: But right now.
Speaker 8: She there's what two quote unquote major stories that had tied to her from when he was at Tennessee and now the the aj Brown thing with the Patriots. So you got two stories that I've come out that are like maybe because of their personal relationship, that's it. Like, that's actually not that bad considering I think we it wouldn't be shocking to hear how many stories are floated from mail to mail, easy head coach to like mail reports.
Speaker 1: Like think about Schefter.
Speaker 8: All schefter is a mouthpiece for all these all these companies and gms and head coaches and whatever.
Speaker 1: I guess that there's no romantic relationship going on. There was.
Speaker 4: I forget he posted this on Twitter, but somebody said, like somebody said something like that where it was like, all those guys do that, You don't think Schefter does that. And somebody on Twitter came back with, when I find out that said that Adam Schefter's banging Sean McVay, I'll finally admit.
Speaker 1: That you're correct. Yeah. God, they haven't gotten into it.
Speaker 8: These guys, the reporters and the coaches and everybody in the front office. They all leverage each other. It's all just a big shell game andwives it's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a mess.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was a time when the Manti tale thing broke and we literally talked about it for a week.
Speaker 4: We talked about it for I love sports scandals, and I loved when this one started. But now I'm just every every story that comes out now I feel worse and worse for the kids, especially Mike Jr. J.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this dete. Oh I'm not doing this. You thought you were doing it. You normally do it. Oh yeah, hold on, so you fell asleep.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 1: You're googling random facts football we all turned and looked at that.
Speaker 5: He's like, what, Yeah, Suss has always done Yeah, sorry, Zach, Oh that's my fault.
Speaker 1: Let's see here the longest. No, this is probably not up to do. Yeah, hold on, I got well tell you conspiracy from buds.
Speaker 2: The Seattle Seahawks name was decided by a public competition. In the seventies, the New to Seattle franchise opened a competition where the public could suggest the name and then vote. The team received about seventeen one hundred and fifty suggestions and twenty thousand entries.
Speaker 4: And we've talked about this in the past, right, but a seahawk is not a thing, correct, Well, I didn't know. It's not an actual osprey, right, Yeah, there isn't an actual bird called a seahawk. It's just like a yeah, like you said, it's like a well, I didn't know that. Yeah, I think that's correct. I don't think there's an actual bird named seahawks. Remember we named the wild and we could. Wasn't that a big thing?
Speaker 1: Think about it? Like, I swear we could have named them something else.
Speaker 2: Or the other options. Wasn't it like polars, Zach, wasn't that one of them? Zach.
Speaker 1: Do you remember There's something Bears the White Bears? Okay?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Actually? Yeah, I was one of the finalists. I kind of like that. Yeah, it is cool. Yeah, it'd be at least a different logo. You don't like the logo, Like one.
Speaker 5: Of the best logos that were the Blue Ox Freeze, Northern Lightsagers and Blue Sacky.
Speaker 4: Sweet Voyage is terrible, terrible, terrible. Blue Ox would have been cool. Anything like the Polar Bear logo would have been sweet. Yeah, because they're mean. The the Wild's green jerseys are thirty seven times better than the white jerseys. The one that just say I just don't like our white standard wild jersey. I like the ones with like the like essentially what we wore in Colorado, right, the whites. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that.
Speaker 1: I like the greens. I don't like our the white jerseys, predominantly white jerseys.
Speaker 8: I just like it when it just says the Minnesota across the front. I don't I'm not a big huge fan of the logo logo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's do more of what really matters after this, more of the Power Trim Morning Joe with Ben Lieber and Tommy Joson Ah No, Ben, never.
Speaker 5: Missed your chance to know what the latest sports news is and your town chances to win tickets and knowing what is all going on with all of your favorite kfan shows. Follow Cafan one, zerser three for all of our social media awesomeness including Instagram, TikTok, and x now stay connected and follow the sports leader kfe in.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do more of what really matters. I'll do scores and stats. I think SAWS will do the randomness. Yes, sir, you got stuff ready? Oh yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: The Spurs did win one, thirty three to ninety five over the Timberwolves.
Speaker 1: Again, there's not much to talk about.
Speaker 4: It was just about a quarter or so of competitive basketball, and that might be a little generous, but about a quarter, and then by halftime it looked like it was a slaughter.
Speaker 1: And by the end of the third I went to bed. There's a waste of time.
Speaker 4: Thirty eight points, largest playoff defeat in Wolves history.
Speaker 2: Game three is tomorrow in Minneapolis. Are you going, car I'm not, but thank you for asking. Yeah, it is available to anyone.
Speaker 1: Are you going many? Nope?
Speaker 2: No, nope, What really matters, though, is this, what year was the first year zero in NFL where the player where players had to wear helmets? What was the first year in NFL history players had to wear helmets? Seventy one, seventy forty five, twenty eight, thirty three. You're good at this story, nineteen forty three. Until until nineteen forty three, NFL players didn't need to wear helmets. Crazy, crazy, Let's go back to that. No, we have people dead, well they were you know, weak or slower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, no people have proposed it. Oh yeah, well let's true.
Speaker 8: Then it's like the NHL, right, they don't they they kind of self police themselves because they're not wearing face masks. They've always said if they go to the college model or the high school model where they all wear complete face mask with a cage, it's going to be a more violent game.
Speaker 1: Right, right, Zachos.
Speaker 5: And even in football, like the helmets give you license to pill be more aggressive and be more physical and people, I mean up until recently obviously they've they've sort of gotten rid of it with uh, you know, the head contact stuff, but they used to use them as weapons basically.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I'll look at rugby and Ozzie rules football h they were basically soft shells. I mean only a few were the soft shells. Most guys just don't wear any really.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, those guys are heroes and a half shell turtle power.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The Kentucky Derby winner, Golden Temple, will not run in the Preakness on May sixteenth, Rosie. This is the second straight year the Derby winner will skip the Preakness, third time in the last five years.
Speaker 1: That's not good for horse racing.
Speaker 4: How about this. I hope you guys didn't see this, but maybe you did. They were what eighteen horses that ran in the Derby? I just said Golden Temple will not run in the Preakness. Out of the other seventeen horses, how many of the seventeen will run the Preakness that ran in the Derby? Six six out of the other seventeen Tommy two two Sauce, fifteen, fifteen out of seventeen, Zachary, I'm going to go fourteen cores zero? What zero horses from the Kentucky Derby will run in the Preakness.
Speaker 1: Why, I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Why do they have that many horses so are these even the best of the best center were just thrown scratch.
Speaker 4: It's very very very very good horses, but not you know, derby level horses. It's that like one notch down. But so they man, I, you know, this is dangerous because I don't really know what I'm talking about, But I just read a couple of stories and I feel like I know that I can at least hit the highlights. The gist of it is is the derby winners in the last handfl of years feel like the turnaround time is too short. So that's why the derby winner doesn't get in there. They are worried about health concerns and what if we break this horse down and then load management and then don't get stud fees and stuff later.
Speaker 1: So they're protecting the horse.
Speaker 4: But then it's like, well, if Golden Tempo's not in there, then everybody else like, what's the point, Let's just take a month off and get ready for the Belmont if we're even going to run the Belmont. So the pet exactly, that's what everybody in the horse industry is arguing, is it would it be better to break tradition and bump the Preakness back a week or two. Horse racing people like Pa and Kevin goreg could explain to me why that would be problematic. But the story I write is basically that is what they're fighting is is tradition in history because traditionally it's been the same emounds. Yeah, exactly the same weekend. So do we break that to make sure that all these horses run because I don't know, like maybe the horse racing people don't care, but the casual people only care about the Triple Crown chase. You want to see Golden Tempo run it back in the Preakness to see if you can do it again and theoretically run it back.
Speaker 1: In the Belmont.
Speaker 2: Now, think if you're the Preakness, not only do you not have the Derby winner, none of the names that we got familiar to with a week ago zero will run in the Breakness.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nuts. Pumas out? What's great? Whites except didn't run in the dirty Oh good point.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like Secretariat back in the day, they weren't skipping their ball. I think it's thirteen Triple Crown winners. I think, yeah, Well, here's a plan. Get in better shape, right, Yeah, get horse accubi. These all were care about figure it out? Yeah, you're not wrong, right, No one cares about. No one is going to watch the Preakness. No casual person is going, not at all.
Speaker 1: No, that's that sucks. What really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys are all football officionados. The first game of football was played between what two teams?
Speaker 1: I'll give you a hint. They were college teams football ever ever, Well, I might know this one?
Speaker 2: Is it? Uh?
Speaker 1: It's IVY League, I think yeah, well, yeah, one of them.
Speaker 8: Okay, Harvard Princeton, Princeton Princeton and Yale Mission Princeton, Princeton, Navy.
Speaker 2: Nope, give us a region of the country. Well, it's a big ten team Minnesota, No, Maryland. Guess Rutgers Rutgers Inarkes sense to have him both be on the east.
Speaker 1: And the year like right next to your Princeton Rutgers in what year? Eight?
Speaker 6: Yeah, eighteen ninety four, eighteen eighty eight, eighteen forty eight.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go the year of Clint Eastwood eighteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: Zach, guess a different number after eighteen eighteen sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: November sixth, eighteen sixty nine was the first football game play?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, well, I'll be damned. Those were the ghosts good old days when we were dogs. Is that when you guys had your mythical national championship in a row?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Dominated? Yeah, name and other teams a three peat lately, not a lot dogs, absolute dog. We were Bama before Bama. They in the eighteen hundreds. I was like fifties. I think it was like nineteen nineteen six. Well, the sixties was the last one we did. Okay. Now the forties, forty forty one, forty two. God, we're dialed and we had a heisman. Bruce Smith, Tom Brown.
Speaker 5: All these Hall of famers, the good old days of in the early nineteen forties.
Speaker 2: Ok yeah, and the other Bruce Smith, the New York Knicks one one eight, one o two over the Sixers.
Speaker 4: The Knicks, you're up two games to zero. Cat almost a triple double, twenty points, ten boards, and seven assists.
Speaker 2: Well, what really matters quickly is this The longest college football game took place in the year two thousand and three between Kentucky and Arkansas. The game ran just a little short of four hours, included seven been overtime periods. The Razorbacks won seventy one sixty three.
Speaker 1: That's horrible. Who are the quarterbacks? Was that Lorenzo?
Speaker 3: Is that the big boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hefty lefty. Let's see. God, he was good. I loved him. Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 4: Was Gerald Lorenzen that far back? Or are we just making that up in our heads? I feel like that's too old?
Speaker 6: The only Kentucky It was the only Kentucky quarterback I can name, right, well, Tim.
Speaker 2: Couch, Tim Couch, but that was like four years before that, right, Uh? Yeah he was yeah ninety nine, he was the first pick or whatever. So it was it was Lorenzo nice core and then the quarterback for Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Who would that be? This computer's so slow one of us.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like Ryan Mallett. That was maybe that's too early for Mallet. Yeah, Mallet was like my wasn't like, oh it was like eleven, twelve, thirteen ish?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: The what's I verified the website? Worry for the website for Sports reference dot com? It was, Uh, the quarterback was Matt Jones. Oh yeah, that's right. Didn't he have a you actually remember I remember Jones?
Speaker 1: Wasn't he like a wide recit?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that was a dude that didn't you try to play wide receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Did you go to jackson Yeah, he was drafted twenty first overall in the two thousand and five draft by Jacksonville. And I think he went to wide receiver and I think he had some uh yeah, he had some substance substance issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the party Jones, that's so random I met I actually met him once. Okay, yeah, we were we were down at the New Amsterdam and uh, mister Jones stuck a conversation and uh.
Speaker 1: The news is next. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Ben