Speaker 1: On air at a M five seventy l A Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind hosted by Petros, Papaday guests, left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith.
Speaker 2: The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. That's the truth. That's the truth.
Speaker 4: I'm believable, unbelievable.
Speaker 5: No, my, that's that's not cool. Not much. No, that's that's not cool.
Speaker 2: Not much.
Speaker 1: It's just hard because it's hard.
Speaker 5: And it's hard.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it's hard.
Speaker 1: It's just hard. Yeah it's hard. Yeah it's hard. Yeah it's hard. Yeah, it's hard. Yeah it's hard. Yeah it's hard. Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 1: Be a poet even in pros. Hello, everybody, what's cracking? A welcome back? It's Petro send Money on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We're in a good mood today because our old friend Jonas Knocks is in the house. Jonas Knocks always happy to be with us here on m five seventy to chop it up. You can hear him on two Pros and a Cup of Joe with LaVar Arrington and Brady Quinn every single morning. I got a special story for you in the next segment. Jonas from the Middle East. And it has nothing to do with getting a page and having your face blow off the good old day. Yeah's nothing to do with Masad or the Iran or anything like that, but I think it is a Middle Eastern story that everybody will find interesting.
Speaker 3: Guys at the produce isle and he's got a Verizon pipe bomb, say what do we talking about here?
Speaker 1: So we are We're gonna do that in the next segment. We're also gonna have some burgers as Bert's Burgers from Bert's Burgers and Bert's Burger's Catering is gonna be here. Old friend Ryan van Tyle. I'm sure that'll upset some of the old PMS Twitter types that get all well, people get angry, you know, they get jealous when Ryan Ventile comes in the building with his special burgers and he's representing Burt's Burgers in Newport. Now they have one down there by the fund Zone. I think they have one in Huntington Beach and they cater Burt's burgersoc dot com. So we will talk to him a little later this hour. He was around the building today. I think he got pushed off KFI because of the shooting. But that doesn't happen here in Great Sports Talk. I'll tell you why Great Sports Talk. This is the toy department. Maybe, but we do have a Middle Eastern story coming up next. What I'd just say, that's one of the perks. Well, you came in here trying to be all international with your talking, with your Etallo, dirty Italian gift.
Speaker 2: I've never worn this. I thought i'd break out the good stuff for you.
Speaker 1: They milked ned Coletti to dam man On Rogan and Rodney today.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you it was you guys that believed in me. No one else believed in me for years, and Rogan and Rodney still brought me on and asked me about the Dodgers eighteen minutes at a time, once a week for years. And now I'll be back to getting a job.
Speaker 3: By the way, have you seen some of the requirements to be considered a qualified candidate?
Speaker 1: For some of the internet. I have once eaten pasta fashu am I perhaps quality five. I have a old friend whose grandfather's name was Giuseppe. Do you think perhaps I can swing to salami? For Italian team USA.
Speaker 3: Baseball, Francisco Cervelli was born in Venezuela and he's managing the Italian team.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I have relatives. My uncle Nick married to Venezuelan woman, Alexandra and and and she was not of h of Venezuelan heritage, even though she's Venezuelan, but she was Italian. A lot ofalos down there, correct. Yeah, And what about that center fielder they got, Mike Mordidello. He's one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, man is like one of the one of the young on the.
Speaker 5: War the jersey.
Speaker 1: You're trying to act like Bosio.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the one of the things. I guess.
Speaker 3: You don't actually need a passport from the country. You just need to be approved to be able to get one from the countrys Like when I was a kid, there was this old man that used to hang around USC and he was an old USC track star and he was old.
Speaker 1: We're talking about like early two thousands, and this guy's in his nineties, but he was swole as f and he went to Manual Arts High School and his name was Pete Cleansos. He was a very popular Greek around town and old and swol and I used to be like, what's the secret, Pete. You know you're so old and you're so swollen. He's like, I left waits every day. But cleanse Us. When the Olympics came to la in nineteen thirty two, not eighty four. In thirty two, cleanse Us pole vaulted for Greece because they didn't have anybody, and he was like, hey, I'm Greek, hud Pete Cleansos. They're like, come on down to the coliseal. Let's crossed the street from your house. And he's like, all right, went over there and he pole vaulted for for Team Grease. So it's not like it's a new thing. I doubt that he'd ever been to Greece at that point in his life. Maybe he had, but but there's always been a little bit of it. Look this a loose affiliation, so they can put this on TV and Major League Baseball can grease their own puzzo with their ratings and that's fine, right. Can't we all just say that's okay? Can we be? I mean, obviously it's not that important. If the team USA, whole franchise, the GM and the manager don't even know the rules on how to advance, how important could it really be?
Speaker 3: And do you know who Mario Balatelli is? He's black soccer Yeah, Italian soccer player. Here his own house. You hear the like burned down his house and he was seen down the street.
Speaker 1: Like, ah, you hear the name?
Speaker 5: You like?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: You most don't.
Speaker 3: Machelli's no, go look it up, go look it up.
Speaker 2: That is uh he was Italian?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think if you. I mean, I've been to Shaquille O'Neill's, that great Irish pub. One of the great irishmen around town is Shaquille O'Neill.
Speaker 2: What should the headline be today?
Speaker 5: Sports?
Speaker 2: That's all we think about.
Speaker 6: Here's the other story.
Speaker 1: Nobody's talking to you know, I'm not a racist. I mean, I hope you do. What's your reaction he's a bad headline? What are the headlines? What are the headlines? You didn't listen well enough to that, Jonas, You didn't hear you had your headset off for a second. There. Play that again for him? Please, I want you to hear it. There's a padd O'Brien drop in here.
Speaker 2: What should the headline be today?
Speaker 5: Sports?
Speaker 1: That's all we think about.
Speaker 6: Here's the other story nobody's talking about.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not a racist. I mean, I hope you do.
Speaker 2: What's your reaction He's a bad headline?
Speaker 1: Are the headlines? What are the headlines? Jonas Travis Kelcey, everybody's favorite, is coming back for his fourteenth season with the Kansas City Chefs. But that's not his only gig for twenty twenty six. Are you ready for what's new with Travis Kelsey? Give it to me. Travis Kelcey is the new face of six Flags right why? I don't know why. He He will serve as a brand ambassador for six Flags and collaborate with the amusement park operator to share digital content across his social media platforms. Said he grew up going to Cedar Point, which is pretty big time. I've heard those are the people that run notts Berry Farm. Now I'm a big nuts and it says that's remy, this guy, the old man, I like this guy way better than Travis Kelsey, the old man that did the Running Man. He used to love riding the roller coasters of Cedar Point in Cleveland, he said. Six Flags also has the right to incorporate Kelsey's name, image, and likeness NIL across a variety of approved channels, including broadcast media, streaming platforms in park marketing like a giant, Kelsey sasquatch walking her ound. He does have a financial interest in six Flags. Kelsey is part of a group of investors that owns a small percentage of six Flags, like Serena Williams with the Miami Dolphins and Gloria Estefan. In the last two years, the company has gone through some financial restructuring, basically closing parks because they suck, but still plans to sell seven of their amusement parks and an effort to reduce its debt.
Speaker 2: Now have you been to the one in Valencia? Have you been over to that one magic Mountain?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Recently? Yeah? Defined recently?
Speaker 2: Well, last twenty years?
Speaker 3: No, okay, say thirty years, No, there is maybe thirty There used to be a minute.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was there in my in my twenty I.
Speaker 3: Don't think there used to be a miniature golf course that you could drink at next to Magic Mountain?
Speaker 1: What did they build there? In extent her Kane Harmer.
Speaker 3: It was called the Greens and it was awesome. Bucket of beers, go out there, do a little midigg.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the water slide? Bachulism Park next to knots Berry Farm, and what's the one next Soak City? Is the is the Bochulism Park next to Knots and the Bochelism Park next to the Six Flags as Hurricane Heart?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Raging Waters is the one in San Dimos Right, Well, that's a different story filling Ted's excellent adventure Sant Dimas High school football rule where they threw Napoleon went down the stort.
Speaker 1: Let's go Saints. He didn't just go down the slide, he went down dropout. We had a great listener quote once whose grandma used to say at Raging Waters, the water is in the water, the rage is in you. The amusement park company, which joins forces with Cedar Fair in twenty twenty four, announced the three time Super Bowl champ as their newest ambassador. On Thursday. Travis Kelcey I guess makes sense. After all, he's invested in six flags last year because he loves Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. Unfortunate name. It's unclear if he's gonna go full mister six dance all over with the commercials, like we enjoyed it back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he had a a different taste, it would be great content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like what do you mean a different taste when Kelsey was more of like a gene short wearing black dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically he just seemed like he shopped at a different aisle. Then all of a sudden, Now it's like you wouldn't be surprised to see.
Speaker 1: Him on the view. Yeah, like you know, he holding his hands in like a you know, like a prayer and like, oh, so great to see you ladies.
Speaker 3: Like he used to DVR the Source Awards and I was just cleared all that out and he's watching all white stuff.
Speaker 1: I was. I was at you know that restaurant, Hobber's, Yeah that everybody thinks is really cool. I've never been to the one here in Newport or whatever, but we were in Detroit for one of them games. The last game was at ford Field Downtown Detroit and it's the last game. So we did like a crew dinner with our camera people and a lot of those people. And as the guy in the booth, if you don't show up to that, you're real a hole. So of course we're going to go to the crew dinner. And it was at downtown Detroit's Javiers, nice place, I felt as if, and it was very nice and everything was beautiful and everybody, the clientele, all the waiters, everybody was awesome. It was the Source Awards. Oh really, I never felt like I was at the Source Awards ever before in my life. I felt very I was like, oh my god, this is yeah, He's coast. They got no love for Death Bro, He's coast. They got no love for Snoop Dogg and Doctor Drey. That's what I felt like saying when when I walked out. It was that. I mean, we had a few black people on our crew, so it wasn't like we staid up, we didn't stand at what we said. We were the only white people there. The white people were the only white people there at the Source Awards.
Speaker 2: Down so so all black at Javier's.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting in Detroit. Actually, every place I went downtown Detroit was like the Source Award anyway. Good luck to Kelsey in six Flags. Actually not really, I don't like him that much. All Right, We'll be back with more Petrosen Money on M five seventy. I have a special international story for you, Jonas.
Speaker 2: This is Petrosen.
Speaker 6: Money to Mad Demand.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being here everybody. It is a crunchy groove and Thursday Petrosen Money Show. Happy to be on AM five seventy LA Sports. Remember the Fanatics Flag Football Classic. He's coming to Bemo Stadium in La Saturday, March twenty first, at one. The historic tournament brings together Tom Brady, Jalen Hurtz, Jayden Daniels, Saquon Barkley, Stretch, arm Odell Beckham, Rob Grunkowski and his giant jaw, Joe Burrow who was robbed, Logan Paul and many others to finally crown a new champion in flag football. The event has brought to you my Fanatics studios. Get your tickets now at ticketmaster dot com and at a m I seven Ela Sports. There is a thing up on you on Instagram. I did a video earlier with the same ready to promote it because nothing says, flag football like a fat short yard. It's tailbag.
Speaker 2: You out of the backfield on a wheel route. You couldn't get get some work in.
Speaker 1: I nothing discussed me more than like when my son played flag football. People be like, hey, what do you think we should do? I'd be like, what the hell do I know? This isn't football? You guys are what you're doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna sign I was actually gonna sign my son up for flag football. And it's good to do. I mean, it's it's fun to just have out there just run around. They run around and they learn how to move with a football. It's I'm a terrible person, is the point. Not the flag football people me. But when you're an adult, what are we doing well? I mean what age though? Are you sending them out to do bowl in the ring? Like when do you put the pads on and start card? Thirteen years old?
Speaker 1: Thirteen? Well yeah, because you can't look your brain needs to develop a little more. Obviously, in a perfect world football wouldn't exist. But if we're gonna strap on the pads and get our puzzo out, then we're gonna let's do it right. So I don't like you just showing up for high school and putting pads on and getting destroyed, because then you probably don't have a chance at all. So you should probably learn to hit and be hit somewhere around thirteen twelve years old, so you can go into high school if you're going to play football with some experience. Looking through a.
Speaker 3: Facebook like some of these drills, they'll show these little kids getting lit up and people are posting them on social media, and you.
Speaker 1: Got all the parents horribly irresponsible. Yeah, but not very other than the social media element, a lot better than what we used to have to do. Right, I have a very big moment for you as a story that I saw you know what, I'm coming over here, and I'm even gonna play the sound of this story is about a month old, but it's still a number one story read. Let's go now. We've done a lot of animal stories recently. You might notice that I'm a little bit bored with the sports world after all these years doing this job. Yeah sometime and never really being that interested in the first place. But recently we've had a lot of animal activity. We had a guy that tried to choke out one of the flamingos at the Flamingo. I saw that the flamingo kidnapping at the drunk Canadian tourist, of course. And we had the two can that was lost in Las Vegas for a couple of week months. You heard about that chickens have overrun a neighborhood in North Sacramento and the city shockingly refuses to do anything for them. But this is a way way different animal story from a different part of the world. Oh, we also had a guy in Pennsylvania abusing a parakeet in a bar, but it was terrible. He was arrested.
Speaker 3: What about that dude in o Hi. I think it it might have been Kentucky. He had sex with a roadkill. Yeah, I draw a line somewhere. I saw that story and that's where I drew the line.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are they going to do with it?
Speaker 1: I also drew the line with the guy that bled to death when he cut his penis off the other day. I drew the line there, and that's the story. Everybody thought like, oh, this will be perfect for Pedro's No, no, I'm not. I'm not doing that one. So I do have a limit, all right. I did draw the line up. I did not draw the line with the big foot sidings in Ohio. Those are pretty I mean there's been six in like a week. So I did not draw the line there that yesterday. Can't They just say, you call it what it is.
Speaker 3: It's, you know, some Lithuanian basketball player that didn't didn't pass the smell test for Ohio State and now he's trying to look for work, and.
Speaker 1: So they had brown and black.
Speaker 2: They say, well, listen, you know.
Speaker 1: Jamaican. Sorry, this is about Patrick Ewing. This is about a camel pageant. Oh right, a camel literally, and this is not odd in the Middle East, a camel beauty patchant. Aw man, they're prevalent in the Middle East in Oman. This story took a month to get here, but the twenty twenty six camel beauty pageant show in Oman at all Musana plummeted into chaos. It was very orderly, but then it plummeted. It don't look it up, plummeted into chaos when the veterinary inspectors found that several camels had undergone cosmetic procedures all to pump their humps. Injectibles to pump up their humps. Also poudy lip injectables like Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. And the stretching of the nose. This is uh how many? How many perverts had them have their teeth removed?
Speaker 1: How dare you? There's a huge camel breeding culture in the Middle East and this camel breeding event, if you win, the trophy comes with multi million dollar prize. So this is no joke, Jonas, all right, like a gold turban, no cat and the turbine. Hey, look you find something to wear when the wind's blown out there on the city. You know you you look like a bedouin pretty fast too, the wind comes whipping off the dunes.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: There is a forty how about this? In Saudi Arabia there is a forty day long King Abdul Aziz Camelfest that is the largest in the world. The amount of prize money that is doled out during the forty day King Abdulaziz Camelfest in Saudi Arabia sixty million dollars in prize money. Oh man at state. This is four key features that camels are judged on, Jonas. The coat you don't want to have, shiny hair, yeah, long eyelashes. Yeah. So when they close their eyes. It's like swap swap. Oh yeah, plump lips and of course a plump and defined hump or or humps, not unlike we would judge another human being sexually and physically. Does she have beautiful hair? Her hair looks good. How about her eyeland, Oh, beautiful long eyelashes and uh and what about her lips? Oh? Plump? And her humps are they defined? Yes, they're plumping, defied.
Speaker 3: I mean that's why I wonder. You know, how many weirdos you know, get the back row. Uh, so they can sit there and pound their pound their pound. Looking at a U in Saudi Arabia sudden, you know, man like? Is that a citar in your hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you hold you're holding a ruler under your robes, little little bumping blisters back here.
Speaker 1: In the last decade, lip injections, nose job, head fillers have all been seen at these camel events. In twenty eighteen, forty camels were disqualified from the King of Dull disease with nose stretching, and sometimes they even use rubber bands on the camel's neck to restrict blood flow.
Speaker 2: Like I'll say so yeah, some would say that's you know, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that, the rubber bands and the surgeries and the injectables and all that have all been labeled as animal cruelty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now the judges at the camel events, the breeding events, the beauty patches for camels are using X ray machines at MRIs to see the camels are all natural, which you could not imagine seeing a human beauty patchet. All right, girls, let's all right. Did you walk through the TSA lives? We can see you got faint? Nicki, minaj ass, Hey Roy, where's my wand.
Speaker 3: So here's my because there's an opportunity here for them to double up on this to where have you heard of the Enhanced Games? So the Enhanced Games are these Olympic events where they're just gonna let everybody go ass But are they actually doing Oh.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been in talks.
Speaker 3: They're talking to sponsors and whatnot to try and force. But it's been in discussion about couple of stuff. So I'm looking at this going. You know, there are bodybuilder competitions where you've got to do it all natural, and then they do allow you to take a certain amount of stuff.
Speaker 2: So maybe there's a market for the.
Speaker 1: Out but it's animal abuse to shoot them up and get their lips upon me and to stretch their nose.
Speaker 2: Well, let's be honest, what do they do? Like, what do camels do?
Speaker 1: Really? Like?
Speaker 2: They what do they spin on people?
Speaker 1: And then they're actually very big part of the desert life, I think. I mean, I've never been a Bedouin. I hope to never be one.
Speaker 3: And they're kind of weird, like if you've got humps like that, do something with it. It's just it's a weird.
Speaker 5: It's you.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of this. You you did this about the weymo when you you've got in a verbal altercation with the weamou with your your radio partners at the super Bowl, and your whole thing is get a personality machine.
Speaker 3: And guess what, I was right, because it turns out it's some guy in a in a many Pacquiow shirt in the Philippines just controlling these things that.
Speaker 1: Only happens if he gets stuff.
Speaker 4: Like so what he's just on call, standing like he's running a Filipino food truck and they're like, hey, buddy, like what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: It? It's just awful in Oman at the thing we were talking about originally the beauty pageant in Oman twenty.
Speaker 2: Competitors who a pretty incredible the.
Speaker 1: Twenty competitor camels who were shot up with the silicon who offended have been disqualified and their humps and lips were pumped with silicon wax and they're they're well, actually their humps were just pumped with silicon wax. Their lips and noses were bow tossed.
Speaker 3: Now, I would say this a more egregious form of cheating on a random sporting event is like when they have those fishing competitions and the guys are putting back ten years in jam.
Speaker 2: Putting little waist inside there's another dead fish in fishing.
Speaker 1: Inside the dead.
Speaker 2: Fish, they take it tur Duncan and he caught it. So at least this I don't like. I don't understand is this considered cheating?
Speaker 1: Because you why is it considered cheating? We puffed these camels full up full of plastic, that's not out they look Just breed your camels, breed your campbels and make them look good through breeding.
Speaker 2: Come on, I mean, Bob Bafford, is he in front of the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, he seems fine.
Speaker 3: And there's been some stuff about him and maybe horses are you know.
Speaker 1: Drugging up the horses is different than shooting up the camels.
Speaker 3: In Okay, if there was camel races at Santa Anita, would you go, yes, I am in.
Speaker 1: They called the prayer while you're you know where you're going?
Speaker 3: Can we show up with iron cheek shirts and like those little horn shoes.
Speaker 2: The best.
Speaker 1: Chanting. I don't know if running around with the iron chet and talking about but anyway, you know, it is interesting because you we saw it with steroids, and you know there's always the the people, the dope anti doping people chasing down and there's always you try to stay a step ahead of their technology and step ahead of yours. I mean, camel breeders, it's your move. I mean they got they got freaking X ray, they got they got MRI. They're dis qualifying dozens of camels at a time. How you guys better figure something?
Speaker 3: Have you ever see that Netflix documentary Icarus? It was about the Russian doping scandal. They were so advanced and so far ahead of anybody. Nobody had a clue. They got to get a couple of Russians in there.
Speaker 1: You to do is watch.
Speaker 3: Rocky four get a couple of drama was working out. Oh man, I love this is great.
Speaker 1: Look at that machine's lighting up when he squats. What are they doing? Oh my gosh. Thanks for listening, everybody. It's Petterasing Money on M seventy l A Sports, your home of Dodger Baseball, Southern California, US most listen to sports talk show. This is Petro Money on demand. Welcome back, everybody. It is Petro Send Money on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers. We got Dodgers on Saturday versus the Socks. First pitch at one oh five. Jonas Knox is here. Tim Kates is running around adjusting things in between games at the Big Ten Network. I mean, excuse me, Compass media covering the Big Ten just adjusted us what he did? Yeah, just came in here just to show his face real quick, like a cameo. Not since Billy Zain's cameo and Zoolander have I been so impressed with somebody coming by so quickly. But that's neither here nor there. Speaking of coming by, because our old friend Ryan Van Tile from Bert's Burgers is in the house. We support Bertz Berger's here on the Petrosen Money Show for a few reasons. Ryan Van Tile a longtime Petrosen Money supporter and listener. He's also a teacher of my children as far as music, has a music school, but the music school has taken a back seat to his burger endeavors, which are exploding jonas two brick and mortar buildings, one in Huntington Beach, the other in Newport, and the catering business at bertsberger'soc dot com is exploding now. He was here earlier feeding some of the FM swells, and now he's here Ryan van Til from Bertzburgers. He brought us some burgers. This has been You've been at this for what a little over a year? Two years.
Speaker 6: It was almost exactly a year ago when we were here at Kfi Kafi and I heart to care the whole building. That was kind of our official launch. And since that's been a pretty good ride.
Speaker 1: What has happened since then? Ryan, tell us, tell us about your burger, your giant burger castle in the sky. He's got shakes over here. We've got all kinds of burger.
Speaker 6: We got our barbecue, bacon, cheezburger, we got our Cali style. We got our mixyglocks, and I brought you guys some peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Shakes, MAXI guawks sliders.
Speaker 6: Yes with the housemaid guawk and fried jalapenos and wahaka cheese.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about right there.
Speaker 1: Well, why don't you get on my own job? All right?
Speaker 2: So let me so, how does this start?
Speaker 3: When does this go from I'm really good at this to all right, I gotta I gotta run my own thing.
Speaker 6: I sold my music school. Like Petro said a couple of years ago, I still teach, but I was looking for a new project to take on.
Speaker 1: He still teaches some real dead beats.
Speaker 3: Cali's a treasure, okay, on you still have the breathing I spelled treasure monster.
Speaker 6: And occasionally some fun.
Speaker 1: I looked at my mother, my wife or mother yesterday or maybe this morning, I said, she's a monster. What can I say? Go ahead?
Speaker 5: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So yeah, we launched our We decided that it would be a good shot to try and look up for I was looking for people like, okay, is anyone's catering sliders? Like you hire, you have an event, you hire a taco guy. Everyone hires a taco guy. It's quick, it's delicious, And I said, I wonder if anyone's doing that for sliders. Turned out no one was, or at least no one that was promoting it. And I said, well, my sliders are good. I go to these parties, I bring a tray, everyone eats them.
Speaker 1: I got sliders and they're great.
Speaker 3: They're because, like I wonder, it has to start from, like who who kind of encouraged you though, to kind of push you in that direction?
Speaker 2: Because it's a.
Speaker 1: Bold you know, you know how it was, Guy Fieri.
Speaker 3: You know this, but you know this from working in your dad's restaurant all those years and you guys having that restaurant. My brother owns a restaurant as well too. It's a pain in the ass man to get anything like this off the ground, and it's a bold step. And most people don't have the success you clearly have. So who was the one who said, no, you gotta go for it, like this is your dream, this is your passion.
Speaker 1: You got to make it happen.
Speaker 6: You're totally right, Two things happen. So number one, you know, the first thing I want to know is, Okay, my friends, tell me they're good, but they're my friends. What's going to happen when a stranger eats the burger? Are they gonna say is the worst thing ever had? So one of my best friends is a legit chef, a professional chef. He's worked all over the world for twenty plus years. We practiced and worked on recipes ingredients for a whole year before we launched our first event.
Speaker 5: We're not ready.
Speaker 6: We were not ready. So we launched our first event for my dad's seventieth birthday party, said I'm gonna try this with a bunch of my dad's friends doing a big party. Carried the whole thing was a huge hit. And then from there we did this Gary and Shannon show and it was just kind of like, go make a mess and see what happens. We did Gary and Shannon, We did Patrison Money last year, and then all of a sudden people started booking us, and then we got an opportunity to open the restaurant and that's when things really took off and people kept saying they were good, which was exciting. So it was really really that main thing that happened mat.
Speaker 1: How big of an event can you cater? Because we know you catered all the chafed people of Chafe. A while back, we covered that caterer event. You're always doing something different, but it was how big? How big do you go? How small do you go?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Small?
Speaker 6: We do backyard parties almost every weekend, so we do plenty of like birthday parties, graduation parties, things like that. In terms of big events, I mean, I'd say to date, the biggest one would have to be the Petrosen Money twenty twenty five Summer Tour cat Van Real Headcins presented by Toyota.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no longer Chevy sponsor, but Toyota not a not a presenting sponsor last year. Could be for twenty twenty six. How much do I get out of it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Mund Freddy got at Takoma though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what's important. Is that really the biggest event you ever heard?
Speaker 6: It was like two over two thousand people? That was that was huge?
Speaker 1: Really, I don't even notice how many people there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was it was massive. Yeah, we were and we sold out.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 6: That was that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it and it continues the Bert's Burgers Empire. Do you do you ever feel like you're gonna get rid of Burt after a while because you kind of inherited that name like Barnes and Noble.
Speaker 5: You know. No.
Speaker 6: In fact, I'm gonna have to call my my my breeder and say I need a second Bert birthday second, because it's named after my dog. That's on your head, Yeah, Bert, So I'm gonna need a second Bert.
Speaker 1: You cann't. You just inherited the name from no guy named Burt.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I named it after my dog Burt Well and Bert's steak face, but really after my dog.
Speaker 1: Burt, Bert the engineer, Bert the engineer, staate, but you didn't name your dog if don't don't.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no no, No. Dog was named after Burt Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right after Burt Reynolds. And then we were coming up with names, and the first idea for the thing was like all these pet themed names. So I have another dog named Hank. We had a Hank Burger, and the first one we may was called the burts Burger, And one day I thought, yeah, it's just kind of a good name for a burger place, Burt's Burger's.
Speaker 1: Now do you think maybe you could put up like a poster a Burt Reynolds, like an old seventies like a Gator posterack and one. I mean I don't think Bert's. I mean it's just small enough endeavor to where Burt Reynolds estate is not going to come after Ryan?
Speaker 3: Do you think almost like it didn't Burt Reynolds because he was at Florida State. Didn't he come out and throw the God what do they do it? What's the celebration of jentle He threw down the flaming spirits? Okay, so like maybe like the image could be him throwing a flaming spear into a bertz Berger. Like I'm about to just start with a smoky of the banded place. Let's get a laborate here. Okay, Cannonball Run. You want to go Cannonball Run.
Speaker 1: That's a good movie.
Speaker 6: Maybe the sheriff is eating a Bertz Burger instead of the sloppy Joe.
Speaker 1: You can really go a lot of directions with that, Ryan, But we congratulate you. It's all the success. It is Bert's Burgers oc dot com. What's the address in Huntington. It's right there down near Main Street.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on Main Street two two to one Main Street, and then Newport Beaches at the Balbu Peninsula facing the Ferry and the Fund Zone and the Ferris with and all that good stuff on East Bay Avenue City.
Speaker 5: Who are you?
Speaker 7: What are the burger places you're battling with down there? Oh well, we're trying to take down in and out every day. Yeah, we go like you know, they're not I mean, you're a fly on their ass. No, that's you know, they have no idea we exist, right, Well, what about what about?
Speaker 1: Like, is there five guys looking around?
Speaker 6: Five guys is gone? We got them out of town. We kicked them out, all right. Yeah, he took down five five of you besters. We moved into we moved into Newport. We took down another burger franchise that I'm not going to name. We're taking them all down, your assassins.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to you and God bless you a great guy, Ryan Van Tiles, formerly of Rhino Music. But now that got taken down, That did get taken but now berts Burgers, which will not be stopped, will not be defeated. Newport Huntington Beach on Main Street, and of course bertzbergersoc dot com. Thank you, Ryan, Thank you, we'll be right back with more petros and money. We'll do the dead and alive guy. We will do the quick hits. I got a fun fact for Jonas DoD It's gonna be great.