Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the great American, welcome this Wednesday after in the tries date a little bit of rainy. We need a little bit of Wednesday and Thursday. Things are going to be clear on Friday for Halloween. But until then all hell's breaking loose. Of course, I monitor all the shows so you don't have to. MSNBC is blaming the Republicans, mainly Congressman Warren Davidson, of everything happening bad in the world. You watch the other shows, and basically it's the idea that the Congress has voted to fund food stamps that went down the tubes. Then the Congress voted to fund the military. Democrats didn't like that. And Republicans have offered a one year continuance of the Biden budget and the Democrats don't want that. So what the hell do they want? As Charlie Kirk often said, when the talking ends, that's when violence begins. Janan, you and I now is Congressman Warren Davidson. I think of the eighth Congressional District and Congressman Davidson welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. So what does the congressman do when nothing's going on? You're out of session, not much happening, and Mike Johnson's called your backs and not called you back. So what do you do if anything, Well.
Speaker 2: It's always an honor to join you and your listeners, Willie and look, it's pretty similar to normal, except you've got less structure to your time. I mean, I'm working on bills with colleagues, working in particular on an outbound investment bill this morning, back and forth with several colleagues and staff.
Speaker 3: I was out in DC last week.
Speaker 2: Met with White House on that and a couple other bills, met with Senators on some of these things. And so you're still doing some of the same kinds of collaboration. In a way, it's you get bigger blocks of time to focus on other bills. So you're trying to make lemonade out of limits I mean, and the limits are handed out by Democrats.
Speaker 3: We've called the votes. The House of Representatives.
Speaker 2: Has voted to fund the government, yes, which is why we're not in session. We're waiting on the Senate and we can't really proceed until they decide how they're going to proceed. And they've offered everything in the world to Democrats. But look, to be fair, Democrats have said, here's our list of demands. It's one and a half trillion dollars worth of stuff they know they're not getting. No, you know, we didn't accidentally defund Usaid. We didn't accidentally turn off their ability to take credit for funding with state dollars but get reimbursed from the federal dollars for funding illegals with Medicaid money. We didn't accidentally. We didn't accidentally do these things. And frankly, they didn't accidentally set expiration dates for the COVID funding on Obamacare. You know, it was a bill that passed with one hundred percent Democrat votes, just like Obamacare did in the first way. And they're just trying to continue the subsidies because Obamacare failed. It isn't affordable, and it doesn't work. It works in fact the way that we've said that it was designed to, which is a poisoned pill to destroy American healthcare and deliver what they want, which is single payer communist healthcare.
Speaker 1: All let's talk about. First of all, I want to have out his issue number two. It Issue number one is snap what's our food stamps? In twenty nineteen, which wasn't exactly. The dark age is twenty nineteen. US government's spend fifty six billion dollars on food stamps in twenty nineteen. Now the number is one hundred and two billion. It is more than doubled in the last five years. Now, I did a little research from the US Budget Office about who gets food stamps.
Speaker 3: How about this one?
Speaker 1: Food stamps by ethnicity. Afghans forty five percent, Somali's forty three percent, iraqis thirty five percent, Dominican Caribbean Islanders twenty eight percent, the Native Americans is twenty five percent, Puerto Ricans twenty seven percent, Cubans twenty five percent, Cambodians twenty three percent. Can you smell when I'm cooking? Essentially, may I've raised my hand in the.
Speaker 3: Back of the room.
Speaker 1: The cost of food stamps have more than doubled, and it's the ethnicity of those receiving it. Many here illegally be waiting for a hearing has increased greatly. So when you show up somewhere and you can say I claim refugee status, I want a hearing, the officer will say, well, are you available in the year twenty five two? Yes, I am available. In the meantime, here's your list, your menu of government benefits. We are funding the world. Plus there's a twenty percent factor of waste, fraud and abuse. So if we go back to twenty nineteen levels along with the rate of inflation, we should spend about sixty billion dollars. Instead we spend double that.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean these are things that Democrats designed, and frankly, the unfortunate part is a lot of this is embedded in status quot funding. So this is why Republicans are compromising with status quot funding, because the real policy is we want to go way different than that.
Speaker 3: Now, the big thing that we did.
Speaker 2: Back in the summer was we said, look, if you're able bodied, working age adult, you don't have dependent kids at home, well then you got to go to work eventually, you know, you got to get a job, go to school, volunteer, do something that used to be bipartisan. And frankly, when I pull it in the eighth district, it is bipartisan. But nationally Democrats say, oh, you know, we can't expect that that's totally unreasonable. But knowing full well that exactly what they would do for a friend and family member. I don't know the ethnic breakdown on everybody, but the troubling numbers. I think it's about fifty three percent of the food stafe dollars are going to non citizens, correct, which is crazy, correct, it's crazy correct. So our compassion is bankrupt in our country. And it's to the Democrats that designed this. It's a feature, not a bug. I mean, they designed the invasion of our country and they're mad that we're trying to turn it off. So that's a lot of what this fight is about. And I think, look, in the meantime, there are Americans who need food stamps. They do need the assistance, and it's designed to be there as a safety net because you know, God forbid, anyone could run into a time of trouble or need and then your friends and family are there, of course directly, but you've got a government program that says, yeah, your whole community is there. We don't want you to stay that way. But it's meant to be a hand up, not a snare to trap you in a system of dependence. And so we need to make it work better. But in the meantime, it isn't going to work at all if we don't get the.
Speaker 3: Votes, so you bring it up.
Speaker 1: Fifty three percent of food stamps go to non citizens, and a good chunk of those. I know for my years working in the Public Defender's office here in Hamilton County that these things are also currency. So if you're issued your EBT card, you issued your so called food stamps, you sell them for fifty cents on the dollar to make money, to make cash. And if it's a ten to twenty percent factor, the cost of foodstamp should be less than half of what it is today. But the media, what doesn't the media cover this the way you and I just did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's rare.
Speaker 2: I mean you'd see like John Stossel or somebody like that would occasionally get the truth out on one of these programming things. But those kind of spots are rare at this point. Main when they did food stamp reform back years ago. Of course, it's been undone since then because the Democrats got in control of their state and undid it. But they put a photo id on food stamps, and they started cracking down on the places that we're doing just what you say. They'll have a conne store or something out there and there'll be you know, a little bit of groceries on the store, but the store isn't designed to sell groceries. It's designed to process EVT cards and fifty cents on the dollar sometimes is optimistic.
Speaker 3: Whatever the I don't know what the black market.
Speaker 2: Rate today is, but I'll bet you Keith favor our auditor is because those are the kinds of things that our auditor goes after in our attorney general in our state. Look, I think our state does a better job than most, but the fraud's real. There's a real black market out there. People are selling them for money. Yeah, and the big big thing is all this inflates grocery prices. So yeah, it's fair to say grocery prices are higher. So if you're going to help somebody, it probably takes more to help them, you know, this year than it did in twenty nineteen. But if you look, you know, specific programs like that where you might have to make some changes. But if you look holistically, if the federal government spent the same money that we spent before COVID, we'd have a balanced budget. We wouldn't even have deficits. And people go, well, you know, we can't do that because inflation. You're like, well, let's go back to what causes inflation. When you do this massive government spending, it's injecting extra money into the economy. And the food stamps is exactly a way. If the market price had to cover the forty one million people what they can afford to pay for groceries, how would groceries not be lower?
Speaker 3: They would be lower.
Speaker 1: Well, an important factor is this that, whether it's food stamps or Obamacare, whatever it might be, when the federal government gets involved, I can guarantee you that the subsidies increase the demand, they raise the prices, causing more inflation. There is a less deductibility and more waste, fraud, abuse, and increase spending that area. It is guaranteed that's going to result. So food stamps will be resolved. So I'd like to ask you this question, since if we took the budget from twenty twenty increased it by inflation, we'd have a balanced budget today. But we're spending about i don't know about forty percent more forty five percent more in the federal government than we spend in twenty twenty with less results. And so instead of reforming the system, even you Republicans keep saying, well, let's keep the same system. We'll kick the can down the road for another year. Well we'll give you the same Biden budget, and the Democrats do won't even vote for that. And so make clear this point. If we spent justin for inflation, the same amount of money we spent in the twenty nineteen twenty twenty cycle, we'd have a balanced budget today, not having to borrow two trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: Is that correct, That's accurate, and that's the kind of agenda that we want to get on. And that's where Russ voted at omb put out the president's budget. And look in the meantime without us taking action, you look at what russ vote is pairing back and what he's saying, Look, we need to furlow these people, and these people need to be at work today. It's going to line up with what the president's budget is. This is the priority, this isn't the priority. And so in a way they've got an open hand. But in the long run, yeah, the people that are at work today will eventually get paid, but but they should get paid today. And that's a bill that we put on the floor in the Senate. Republicans put on the floor in the Senate just to try to break the logjam in the Senate to get to sixty votes, and of course then it would have to come back to the House because it'd be changed, but we would pass it easily. And this is if you're essential enough to be at work this week. Surely the payroll clerk is essential enough to be at work and you can get paid on time. But Democrats voted that down, and you know they don't want to fund the whole government, and then they don't want to park the fund. The paired down quote posential part and the fact that people run into suffering, whether it's because they don't get their paycheck on time, or the food stamps aren't mailed, or contracts aren't being let all these kinds of things that we need for the federal government to do. Catherine Clark, who's the Democrat Whip, one of the senior leaders for Democrats in the House, she says this suffering is part of their leverage, so they know that these are going to be consequences, and they're counting on this in their mind. It's going to make people want to pressure Republicans to fold and concede to this one and a half trillion dollars wish list that isn't going to happen. So they're going to fold. The matter is how long, and so we've offered some alternatives where we could just try to do it purely with Republicans, but this is part of what they want too. They wanted to break the filibuster rule but for Joe Mansion and Kristen Cinemon they would have broken it in the Senate now, and Republicans feel like that's a decent safeguard to make sure that there is some sort of bipartisan consensus in governing the country. Democrats are ready to abandon it, and they want to take They want Republicans to take the blame for breaking it, but they want it broken.
Speaker 1: Well, the Democrats want chaos. Now next year they'll run on a campaign slogan of chaos and democratic behavior calls to chaos, and I think many Americans don't understand that fact. A little bit of statistics indicate that one hundred and sixty million Americans rely upon employee are sponsored insurance you have medical care. And according to that number, on hundred and six million Americans like here here at the Death Star. iHeartMedia. Most of our employees are on employer sponsored plans, and those on employer sponsored plans say seventy five percent of Americans say their coverage they receive through their employer is acceptable. It's not the best, not the worst, but it's acceptable. Twenty two million Americans are on Obamacare, and those individuals get subsidies in the government directly and indirectly. I want to talk about Marjorie Taylor Green, MTG. She makes about two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars a year. The great bulk of that income comes through her job as a US congressman in Georgia, about twenty five thousand. She has three children. She gets Obamacare subsidies. Can you tell me why someone making about a quarter million dollars a year has the federal government paying part of their premium?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me that? Well, here's the thing. They don't ever publish it.
Speaker 2: Everyone says Republicans should or Congress should have the same healthcare as everyone else. Well, if we did that, we'd have employer sponsored care, and that's used to be how Congress work. We had the same health care plan that federal employees do you know you're employer. Federal government employees, not just Congress had essentially the same benefits plan. But back when they were pushing Obamacare through, they said, oh well, then Congress should have Obamacare. So we are on the DC Health Exchange. And I will tell you, look, I had better health care at the small business in manufacturing, and it was a pain in the butt. The health care system is broken, but Obamacare is breaking it worse because it was designed to do that. And yes, Congress is suffering under Obamacare. It isn't the greatest. We got a high deductible plan six thousand dollars on top of premiums that are on average about four or five hundred dollars a month more than what we would be paying for the same kind of plan as a federal employee. Make it make sense.
Speaker 1: Well, according to the study, I see that if you're a family of four. Hardly anybody's a family of four anymore. But if you're a family of four, you have to spend approximately twenty seven thousand dollars a year with deductibilities before you get any coverage at all. Twenty seven thousand is five or six thousand dollars per person. A family of four indicates about twenty twenty five twenty six thousand before anything kicks in. How's that a good plan?
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not a good plan. It's not a good plan. And look, I was talking with a financial advisor back years ago and it was probably I don't know, four or five years after Obamacare passed, and he goes, why don't you have why don't you have health insurance companies as an ETF? And I go, I really don't know. I haven't really looked at this closely. And he goes, he goes, well, you need to add that, because here's how they're going and if you look at their share price, it's been almost vertical, just like health insurance costs.
Speaker 3: So the health.
Speaker 2: Insurance companies are making amend and that's who these subsidies are going to in their COVID subsidies. So the plus up the Democrats. They couldn't make them permanent. They didn't have the votes to do it on a party line basis when they did it back in twenty twenty one, So they made them so they expire, and because they couldn't even get it across the finish line, so now they want Republicans to deliver what they failed to do in their own right.
Speaker 3: But this was for a pandemic.
Speaker 2: Press release wise, but on the back end, it was just basically the extortion money to pis say to the health insurance companies, hey, if we give you this straight pipe of extra cash, will you hold the.
Speaker 3: Premiums down a little bit?
Speaker 2: And that's essentially the play now, and the insurance companies are cooperating with it. They're starting to mail out notices to say, oh, you know, if you don't pay the protection money, your premiums are going to double.
Speaker 1: So this is money directly from the taxpayer into the pockets of Obamacare insurance companies. We all know the big three or four names, and they get a direct pipeline of money from the Congress every year in order to encourage the insurance companies to hold down the premium increases that Tony Bender pays for as a taxpayer.
Speaker 2: That's the plan that you're starting to catch on to what Obamacare is about and what these.
Speaker 3: Subsidies are for.
Speaker 2: And it's just absolutely crazy, and so Republicans aren't going to go along with it. And in part to make sure that Republicans don't go along with it. Speaker Johnsonson, just stay out of town. Don't be compromising with these guys, because we usually have you know, maybe what President Trump is called pannikins that will run to the mics and be ready to compromise with Democrats at a whim and say no, no, we're not for this. Don't change your principles here. There are things that we do agree on and we can work together, but we're not gonna work. There's never been a Republican vote for Obamacare. I mean, McCain famously failed to get rid of it right, but he didn't vote for it. And now they want, for the first time ever, Republicans to run out and say, oh, we can't wait to do more obamacareh the crazy position.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: The great majority of us receive healthcare through our employers, and most of us like it. Government controlled healthcare means less choice, high deductibilities, less comp petition, and lower quality, which is the heart and soul of the democratic approach to legislation. Write those four things down. So many other issues, so little time. By Warren Davidson, Congressman. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and we'll see what happens. But don't cave, don't give in, don't listen to Marjorie Taylor Green. Let's have assystem based upon laws of supply and demand. Got lower premiums, better quality, Get rid of Obamacare.
Speaker 3: It stinks.
Speaker 1: Congressman, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And you're a great American.
Speaker 2: Thank you always an honor. GeV bless you and all your listeners.
Speaker 1: God bless America. News coming up, you're home of the Bengals. News Radio seven hundred WW