Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith.
Speaker 2: The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming.
Speaker 1: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: I Don't crack. He's the under pressure Puss.
Speaker 1: Puss Puss, unbelievable.
Speaker 5: That's not the original.
Speaker 4: Prug Man.
Speaker 1: Every damn night.
Speaker 4: Can't do it selling Buenos DearS.
Speaker 1: Insane in the calf stream and.
Speaker 6: Now he's racing through the subdivision as more officers race into this neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Look at that's classic Whitlock.
Speaker 5: We are an oddity of some magnitude.
Speaker 2: Don me you expect you some money in five seventy l E Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Gallping Ford Broadcast booth vacant tonight but tomorrow five forty pm. First pitch against the Colorado Rockies. Tonight's off day means off day Dodger talk with Tim Kates coming up and about two hours seven to eight pm.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's been just going through. He has his pitchfork, he's got his uh overalls. It looks like American Gothic over here, because Kate's is going down on the farm.
Speaker 2: Oh tonight, who's tilling? Who's tilling down on a farm?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you all about zayir help and Jackson Ferris and christians A Zetta and James, Tim's the third and Kendall. I'm gonna tell you where Ching swang Co is playing right now since he has left expended extended spring training. So Ching swang Co, you have to listen. Seven forty five Kellen lindsay the shortstop. Where's he at right now?
Speaker 5: This is how you pull rank on other Dodger fans by pulling out king quote Hello, yeah, huh who.
Speaker 6: Other than that, we're gonna take a lot of phone calls about Otani dhing on the day he pitches what we saw last night? Could this be the new trend moving forward.
Speaker 4: With just rushing out there hitting jack somebody d h.
Speaker 6: Maybe you're rotating Max Munsey one time, rushing another time, will Smith another time give Otani an opportunity to pitch in the regular season. We're going to get into it a second. Are you going to give out the number eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy But why wait on hold, that's two hours from right.
Speaker 5: Now, Flexler tomorrow on the schedule talk two o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible at teases. That was such a good teach by Tim to say, hey, we're gonna get into it starting at seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do a.
Speaker 2: Really good sell. I'm like, you want to be here at seven? Well, you know what all of that, We're going to get into it.
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 5: People have a lot of opinions about what Otani should be doing, it should not be doing, and you'll have your chance to have a take and don't suck sound off like you gotta pay.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was going in the kitchen earlier and I got stopped twice. The Duke of Sports and somebody else in can finally, Hey, this so tawny thing.
Speaker 5: The Duke of Sports has has to start David out today, which when he's got his chain out and it's he's Duke forward, he must have talked, Yeah, he wants to talk. When it's tucked, he's doing a task for John Cobet, and he's not doing he's not as as available for conversation. But when that chain is out, when that beautiful star of David shown on his chest, then everybody knows is the doors wide open?
Speaker 6: Is that like a movie where you put the chalcol line on the mailbox, like.
Speaker 5: You know, or you put the tie on the door and you know that you're getting it on with a fat chick from the Chicano Studies.
Speaker 2: Plat that fat.
Speaker 5: Matt, She's gonna be fat. She's gonna go on to spread formation for sure. All right, Matt, it is time for thee.
Speaker 1: Of the day.
Speaker 5: Last night was chaos, Matt, absolutely so. A lot of people did not see this coming down in San Diego, but it's a terrible situation in the gas lamp. Last night San Diego Padres versus the Seattle Mariners. Now it was a great game if you heard about it, that big rally. They scored five runs in the ninth and broke the space needle. And they've won seven straight and there are only two games behind the Dodgers down in San Diego, and they're gonna sell the team, so they'll have more money available and the each Yeah, the new owner will throw a bunch of money at it, like Mark Walter, and they can try to step to the Dodgers, and they are a great rival modern time for the rival for the Dodgers. We think about the Giants, but you know, we can also think about San Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Giants.
Speaker 5: They got a college coach. They've gotta hire Stanko. It's last years two for thirty two. Still gotta play them. He's gonna jump off a bridge. We got three bridges right here, Dunbarton Bay Bridge, Golden Gate. Last night they had a puffer vest giveaway in San Diego. They gave away a puffer vest. But the whites were excited about that. Yeah, well here's the deal. The puffer not just the whites, it turns out, Matt, although there are plenty of whites now in San Diego. The puffer vest created major problems last night. Social media was a wash with videos of clotted lines. The lines were long, they wrapped around the ballpark, they curled through the gas lamp, curled through the gas lamp for a puffer vest, Yes, a Padres theme puffer vest now Matt, you might ask, since you've been in a Charger World all day, formerly of San Diego, how did this all come about? Well, how did this all come about?
Speaker 4: It started.
Speaker 5: When the Dad's new manager, Craig Stammin, was photoft during spring training in Peoria, Arizona, wearing a puffer vest and the fans, you know, they don't have back to back world series or anything to celebrate. The fans wanted to say. They got the chattering about it. They say, hey, we want to cultivate that stamm and look our new manager. We like the cut of this guy's jib, as you would say, Stammon. So you got to give the Padre organization credit. In just a couple of months in spring training, they did a quick turnaround and got forty thousand puffer vests to give away from spring training. From spring training to April to April, they have a puffer vest give away night. They they caught on the train and rode the puffer vest like just like Back to the Future three, they rode the locomotive into the station. Fortunately, this created so much excitement, Matt that it became a situation of deep desperation lines devolving into chaos. Multiple gates, pushing and shoving, like not one gate where it got hot, like the hot gates at THERMOPYLI. All gates were volatile, and it was all over. You guessed that Matt the sizes. Oh, one puffer vest that might fit Marty McFly is not gonna fit Doc Brown. One puffer vest that fits Biff is not gonna fit Marty McFly's mom, who incidentally is trying to lay with him during Back to the Future one. I don't want to know Biness.
Speaker 2: She did not know.
Speaker 4: She knew something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you credit the writers for leaving that in there.
Speaker 4: She felt something.
Speaker 5: It was all over. The sizes Matt mediums vanished faster than New Coke.
Speaker 4: Without that, you want that puffer to be tight largess went next.
Speaker 5: Many fans refused to move on until, like a vagrant, they would not move on until a new box arrived with their size, and it caused fury and resentment. It caused anger, and it caused shame. Lots of videos of Padre fans getting super bent out of shape on there. I mean really angry people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm watching a white guy in a puff.
Speaker 4: A lot of angry whites.
Speaker 5: You offer a white a puffer vest and he can keep his chest warm on a cool morning, right while he's walking his.
Speaker 4: Golden Retriever or something.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna throw a lot of angry people. The Padres did write a message just about an hour or so ago addressing the issue. Would you like me to read it for you?
Speaker 4: Would I? It starts out, hello, my friend, Hello, my frienk, Hey, my friend, hit my frienk.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: It says thank you for your loyalty as a Podre season ticket member and joining for us at tonight's game against the Mariners. We sincerely apologize for the extended Wight Times fans experience during tonight's puffer vest fan giveaway. We hope you were able to receive tonight's giveaway itam. However, if you waited in line and did not receive a puffer vest, please complete the survey link below by Wednesday, April twenty second. We intend to make this right by issuing members a one time rain check due to the circumstances. Thank you for your continued support of the Podres.
Speaker 4: My frank, Hey, my friend.
Speaker 2: This poor girl. Man, I'm watching this game. I got really ugly, Matt Like you fools, just keep this chick is trying to keyster one and get a second one.
Speaker 5: There were no arrests, and we know about the desperation of the grabbing hands. Yeah, but who would know a springtime puffer vest giveaway. I mean, the Dodgers were able to get out of Hello Kiddy Night relatively clean. Like, I didn't hear about any arrests, not that I heard about any arrest down there in Don Diego de la Vega. Now, this is the second straight controversy of the week for the San Diego Padres. The Scott Kaplan radio crew got in trouble because one of their guys was over there complaining about the mariachi band on social media, say all their names, why don't you why It's just amazing to me that literally there is not one English word in San Diego Padres, and yet you can sit down there and be like, why are we in America. He's like, well, yeah, but you're also in Day, You're also in the three miles, You're also in the uh, You're also in the vicinity of the San Diego Padres in Mono. Like, there's not even an English word and it it's like the name of the town is San Diego. Where's the Americans?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: For the San Diego Padres, I'm not sure. Get down to Cheula Vista. They got one of those Taco Bell Live Moss restaurants. Inside the Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's Taco Bell.
Speaker 4: Where am I dirty soda?
Speaker 6: I'm on eBay right now. If you want one of those puffer vests in a small, large, or extra large ranging in price right now.
Speaker 4: Well, the mediums went down. The medium's gotta be.
Speaker 6: The hottest, seventy dollars up to eighty dollars depending on which size you Wantee, how about selling them?
Speaker 4: Marty McFly loves it.
Speaker 5: Well, you don't think they're gonna start selling puffer vests at the Padres store all right, right next to the Santa Ria kit where you can kill a chicken so the Padres can win the series.
Speaker 4: Why aren't we in America? I don't know, really, I mean, I don't know. Right there, I'm just right there. We'll be right back with the three Things Thursday.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about some hoops on the patch of somebody show on AMPI seventy LA Sports. We are your home of the Dodgers Dodger Talk tonight with Tim Kats at seven o'clock while David Vasse travels like the Donner Party into the Rocky Mountains?
Speaker 4: Will he be eaten in the si eras? That's true?
Speaker 1: This is petrosend money on to mad demand demand.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody, thank you for listening.
Speaker 5: Petro send money back with the Dodgers Tomorrow at two o'clock we will start because the Dodgers have Dodgers on deck. At four thirty. The Accura Grand Prix returns this weekend. Experienced the Long Beach Vibe we know about that, featuring six races, concerts, a huge expo, and more. Children twelve and under are admitted for free. Details at GPLB dot com. And right now, before we get to anything further, remember we're on till seven until Dodger Talk starts. It's time for three Things, Thirdday, Three thingsters.
Speaker 2: Our first thing we begin with a quote and an impression of the person that said the quote, because it's one of the few accents I believe I do well, even though I don't. I'm terrible.
Speaker 5: You do so many well. But it's come on, man, I am gonna be like John Candy and in stripes. Yeah, you know I have a little bit of a weight problem. No no, no, no, okay, it's one of the few accents barely just don't make me sing.
Speaker 7: I am grateful to n b p A for advocating on my behalf and to n b A for fair decision so important me to be present for birth of my daughter in December.
Speaker 2: I appreciate Mark, Genie, rob JJ and the entire Lake or Oregon no love for long, for fully, no love for lung fully supporting and allowing me to travel to be there. Season has been so special to me because of what my teammates and I have been able to accomplish, and I am honored to have opportunity to be considered for league's end of season award. Congratulations, Luka Doncic. You filed an appeal, the appeal was accepted, and thanks to a bad Hammy, you will be considered and not just considered. He'll finish top five in MVP voting. He will be first team All NBA. Of course, a lot of those things come with bonuses and abilities to earn more in salary than you otherwise wouldn't be able to Kate Cunningham, same thing. Dude got his lung punctured and was at the sixty three game mark when he left. He as well also gonna be First Team All NBA, and both of them will likely finished Top five and MVP voting. As much as Land's LaMelo Ball is is just a wild card on the court, Anthony Edwards is Off the court. Stuff that comes out of Anthony Edwards's mouth is so good and wildly entertaining that it's hard to get upset when he says something really stupid, much like it's hard to get upset at LaMelo Ball when he does something so incredibly stupid on the court, because it's so wildly entertaining. It's like, guy, whatever, I'm fine with that. Anthony Edwards also appealed the inclusion for the season ending awards. He played sixty games this season instead of the requisite sixty five. His case was denied. It's not you know, it's not because he was denied in Luca and Kid were approved. I really don't care about his head coach saying I don't know why we have a rule if we have an appeal process that's overturned in two thirds of the cases that were held before, feels more like a suggestion than a real don't care about any of that. Obviously this year it's something we talked about. They just put the damn rule in, and two years into having the rule, they're already like, hey, we don't like that rule. Get rid of it because we want to give these guys their flowers. I do this part for three things Pee because of the quote from his business manager. And when I think of the title business manager, I think about the person that's, you know, in control of thirty five million bucks a salary a year. Right, That's what I'm assuming it is well buttoned up person.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: This is the quote from Justin Holland. Now, with a name like Justin Holland, I envision a British lad or a British I should say, chap, not a lad, a British chap in a suit jacket that buttons all the way up past his sternam. But I'm assuming that's not what Justin looks like Anthony, and I appreciate the PA appealing his case for me. Personally, I'm a bit confused at the clemency for caid good alliteration there, who missed time for something that happened on a court and not ant who missed time for an infection. But ultimately you already know aunt ain't tripping over it all caps at all.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's great. I don't know why the businessman, I don't know why. If I already knew that, then I don't know why there needs to be a statement.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, business manager, you that takes care of my finances and investments. Yes, you issue a statement for me about me not getting approved for the season end awards and Luca and Caid getting it. Sure, I'd be happy to put something together for you. Let me see what I can whip up. Ultimately, you already know aunt ain't tripping over it at all without saying thank you, justin we appreciate that second thing. Also on a website, this website belonging to the Evil four letter, was this headline, as we prepare for the only team in town to continue to be part of the play to actually participate in the playoffs, so we had one participant in the play in More on that in a moment. But with the Lakers, we mentioned it yesterday. I couldn't find the number. I found it. The Lakers currently are more likely to be swept by the Houston Rockets, per the odds than they are to win the series. That is, that is how the odds are playing out right now. More likely that the Rockets sweep the Lakers, which is very hard to do unless it is so lopsided, typical one to eight series kind of thing. And even then they tend to have a gentleman sweep in there. Somehow more likely that they are swept than they win. The odds are Lakers plus five point fifty, and you bet a Hunter, you win five point fifty. If you want to bet the Rockets, you got to bet eight hundred dollars. You have to risk eight hundred dollars to win one hundred. That is how lopsided it is with no Lukid Doncic and no Austin Reeves. But this is an actual headline. We had James Worthy on yesterday. He gave us some great insight. Said, I think it's going to be a big RUI series.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He pointed that out.
Speaker 4: He said he's got to get La Rabia involved involved.
Speaker 2: He said he liked the smarts of Marcus Smart, you know, and.
Speaker 4: The Savage because Smart gets eight and involved.
Speaker 2: Right, always make sure he gets eight. Okay, that's great basketball insight. On the Evil four Letter. This is one of the talking heads on the show Get Up, which is one of their like four early morning shows. This one, I believe hosted by I don't know. I didn't even see who else.
Speaker 4: It was the guy that used to do Mike and Mike.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Mike Greenberg. There you go, hosted by Mike Greenberg with a rotating cast of characters. Wayne In on the hot topics of the day. Lebron, JJ Reddick are the keys to the Lakers defeating the Rockets?
Speaker 4: Try that one on pe Lebron and the coach. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Of all the things that I can point to that I think will impact this series, it is how coach is going to coach without his two best players, because you would assume you're gonna have to coach your balls off when you're down your two of your three best players, if not your two best players. And how the third of those three best players place.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have those shows on in the morning if you know you're watching something at night like that, and then it stays on. Rodger Game was on Espen last night. So this morning in my office I saw those shows and then I'm always usually they're on mute and I'm always baffled at the question, you know, how big does k D need to be to win? Like how long are you guys? And then you look up ten minutes later and they're still talking about the same thing, and it just feels exasperating. And even though you're not even involved and it's in the background, it feels exasperating. And this morning, Kenny Smith's head was like floating in a giant fireplace with like crystal on it and stuff, and it was like a seed through he looked like the freaking Wizard of Oz, Like I mean, I anyway, that's my take on that. But yeah, Matt Lebron and JJ big big components to this huge series. Yeah, coming up on Saturday.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad you mentioned that too, by the way, because now I you know how I get I lose focus the the other thing. I because I watched it as well last night right on ESPN, and I was flipping back and forth between that and the Clipper game. But hey, f you ESPN FU because that was NBC's idea. NBC did a great job with the season opener for the Dodgers with Jason Bennetti, who's an awesome play by play guy, and they were like, you know it'll be cool is if we have a legend from the Diamondbacks world series hero Luis Gonzalez and World series hero Oral Hirsizer of the Dodgers in the booth together with these two teams playing, this is going to be a cool dynamic.
Speaker 1: And it was.
Speaker 2: And Clayton Kershaw we talked about was great down at the dugout and it ended up being a really good broadcast. Bennetti's one of the great play by play voices out there. And what does ESPN do? Oh, look at this idea we have. We're gonna dust off old Joe Buck, make him the play by play guy. Get a little sizzle there, and hey, try this on for size. How about Ron Darling and Earl Hirschheiser in the booth?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: Get one Dodger legend and one met legend up here to do the color. It have to be so blatant, just Blake, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was pretty blatant when they stole the Fox Box. It was pretty blatant when they used to have like a countdown and like what was coming up next on the National Sports Report, and then it popped up with Cornheiser and willb.
Speaker 2: Not cool enough. It's just it's what everybody said. Hey, that's a great idea by NBC. How cool was that having Luise and Herscheizer talk about old times and the passion they have for their clubs, and it really made it a much more enjoyable broadcast than two people that aren't invested at all. So f you ESPN, and good luck to that guy that has the take that it's going to come down to JJ and Lebron in two weeks. May you be able to go back on that show and say, see, I told you, I told you that it was going to come down to Lebron and the coach JJ Reddick as to whether or not they could beat the Rockets. Third and final thing. So I don't need to I know that we're different, right that it's a national broadcast and it's on Amazon Prime, and you can buy a power bank and a bag of you know, honey barbecue Ritz crisps while you're watching it from your TV, and that's great.
Speaker 4: Way to gosh, that sounds gross.
Speaker 2: Congratulations the power bank they actually work pretty well now you know, they're kind of flammable.
Speaker 1: But but the.
Speaker 2: Discussion about the wall, and about the fans and about the atmosphere. The Clippers don't win, like it's a great arena, but I don't need to constantly be reminded about the energy and how great it is. And you know, these people haven't sat and there's not a bad seat in this house, and the sightlines are great. When the team stinks, when they can't win a game after jumping up by fifteen points and their superstar is the least likely, I shouldn't say least likely, least approachable, most unlikely personality wise face of a franchise in the history of professional sports. And the guy goes out there in the fourth quarter and goes one for two. Kawhi Leonard fifty million dollars. Everybody talks about Kathai and the claw.
Speaker 4: I only said that once.
Speaker 2: Man Ha Tuka and how he's in the conversation. Is the best two way player in the game, and he's got the best mide ring shot in the game. One for two. He took two shots, he made one of them. They were up by twelve at one point in the quarter. They end up getting outscored by eleven. When it's all said and done, and they lose a game in which they were up by twelve in the final frame. And the counterpart to Kawhi was who the other superstar in this game? Steph Curry? Kawhi one for two, Steph Curry seven for nine, seven for mother f N nine made five three point attempts out of his six attempts. Is what Steph did compared to Kawhi not even taking shots, getting his pocket pick by Draymond Green over and over again. And I would imagine my biggest takeaway here, the NBA is freaking out because we all point to, Oh, the fix is going to be in here in the lottery. You know, he would say, Oh, they're going to make sure the Lakers get that first pick. They're going to make sure the Celtics get that first pick up. You know, the Knicks, they're in the lottery. They're gonna end up with number one. If there ever was an opportunity for the NBA to overturn an outcome or to ensure that there is no way one of these things is going to happen in a four ball combination, it's that Oklahoma City because they lost, the Clippers are now in the lottery. If they win and they go into the playoffs is the eight seed. They are no longer in the lottery. But remember the Clippers owe the Oklahoma City Thunder their unprotected first round pick, and if that combination comes upright, and it does regularly, these teams that are in the twelve, thirteen, fourteen will have the number one pick. It's happened probably every third year or so, they'll jump up into the top four. And I can imagine they cannot fathom the idea in this draft with the superstar talent at the top, whether if it's Cam Boozer or Devansta or a Cuff or whoever it is Wilson from North Carolina, take your pick of these superstars. It's already bad enough that Oklahoma City, that a market like Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is the best team in the league, has the back to back MVP of the league, has one of the more intriguing lineups in the league with a bunch of likable players. If you were to add one of these superstars, because Larry Frank and Steve Balmer put together the worst trade in the history of the NBA, and still owe them one more unprotected first round pick that will now be part of the lottery. This is the year that they, under any circumstances, cannot afford Oklahoma City to get more cheap, incredible young talent like they did with Chet Holmgren and Jalen Williams and all of these other players courtesy of the Paul George trait. So I would assume they are freaking out right now that that four ball number combination could come up in favor of the Oklahoma City Thunder because the Clippers, behind Cowhi's one for two fourth quarter, could not hold on to a twelve point final frame lead and advance to play the Suns, who are going to roll over like dogs against whichever team was going to play them. As for the Clippers, pee ninety two million dollars is what they owe Kawhi and Garland next year. Benedict Matherin's going to be a restricted free agent. Seems like you give up a talent like Zoo to Indianapolis, you're going to want to resign him his numbers twenty seven and a half million bucks. That's basically your entire salary cap those three guys. So good luck to them moving forward for once again not being able to maintain home court advantage a lead in the fourth quarter in advance in the postseason.
Speaker 5: And the postseason has been very cruel, very cruel. But the regular season, you know, fifteen straight years over five hundred that's the longest streak in the NBA, so impressive. So maybe that's what that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't see the lady calling the game, but I in my mind's eye, she was the bald head lady. I'm not sure if that's true or not.
Speaker 2: I think it was Kandas Parker.
Speaker 4: Oh does she have hair? Yes, very long. Here.
Speaker 2: I bet you know she and Kevin Harlan dynamic duo.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back with Pat cow and our friend who's got a great cause to discuss that involves UCLA quarterbacks. So all you UCLA quarterback types, I hope you're listening. Corey Pause, Mark Harmon, Beeban.
Speaker 1: True Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: On demand, Petrose Money Am five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Acra Grand Prix is here this weekend the Long Beach Vibes, six races, concerts, a big expo and more. Children twelve and under admitted for freek get all the details. It is a great event right here in our backyard this weekend. All the details at GPLB dot com.
Speaker 5: People around here on the Petrosen Money Show fancy themselves as idea men.
Speaker 4: You know, hey, I got an idea. Let's do this.
Speaker 2: I like an idea.
Speaker 4: Let's go on this trip, let's buy this, let's open a sports bar.
Speaker 5: But this guy may most all of our ideas, other than building a paper mache windmill, have gone by the wayside.
Speaker 4: But this man, longtime.
Speaker 5: Friend of the show and friend of the family, and is an idea man whose ideas come through and bring real movers and shakers together. We're talking about our friend Pat Cowen, former UCLA quarterback twenty years now, two thousand and six, thirteen to nine win over USC, knocking USC out of the BCS title game. Patt is helping organize a great weekend with former UCLA quarterbacks lunch tomorrow and dinner Saturday, and it's a big thing for the UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital. And he gets all these X quarterbacks, of which he is in the fraternity. And who doesn't remember two thousand and six. I don't know if dtr is showing up this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are. He should.
Speaker 5: But on your Southern California tell you Tonter celebrity online. It is the one and only Pat Cowen at a Saint John Bosco before they used to play every game on the road out of state.
Speaker 4: What's cracking, Pat?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a very kind introduction. I'm just hanging out here, guys. How are you doing well?
Speaker 4: We're doing great.
Speaker 5: But tell us about the idea that you had and putting this together. How many years it's been going on and getting guys like Troy Aikman and Gary Beban and all these great names from the past and not so distance passed into the same room together and into the weekend together.
Speaker 3: Well, the idea came, gosh, maybe seven or eight years ago. Now I want to say six to seven to be cool like the kids, but I'll say seven and eight years ago, and we were all having the lunch together and at the end of it, Gary Beeban says, the next time we get together, it needs to be for something more meaningful. So the idea kind of sparked at that moment to have a purpose of us coming back together and hopefully doing that for a greater cause than just playing ball. So we chose the Tels Children's Hospital and have been proud to partner with them ever since.
Speaker 2: Pat, who tells the best stories out of all the former quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Well it's really funny hearing some of the stories too, because some of the guys like they're like, man, that that stinky guy took my reps.
Speaker 4: You know, like they're like, we.
Speaker 3: Gotta let it go. But competition still well, you know, a bunch of UC like quarterbacks, they're gonna want to play and be on the field, so it makes sense.
Speaker 4: But you know, those days are over.
Speaker 3: So just coming back and hearing all the guys' stories and and they're all legend in my eyes, even the guys at play after I did. And it's kind of fun to share an evening together. And I don't know, it's it's a really cool, fun event. So I appreciate it allowing me to share about it.
Speaker 4: How do people get involved? Pat?
Speaker 5: I mean, what if I want to be at I want to see it at the table like Latimer, I want to hear the stories.
Speaker 3: You know, we uh tables are being sold through the Mattel's Children's Hospital staff at U c L A. Maybe we could put up a link or something a giving sight afterwards, but uh, contacting easily Children's Hospital. There's a way to buy seats and tables for our events. And this time we're going to be highlighting Cade and Tom Ramsey and they're going to be sharing some of their great stories in time in Westwood.
Speaker 2: What I would assume, as it's the twentieth anniversary, is that the number one Pat Collens story. What is the story you tell most often when the group gets together.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, everybody wants to talk about that game and playing quarterback, but everyone forgets that I was also the starting fie field goal holder in that And I think the next thing I want to do is bring back all the field goal holders to UCLA and see if we could do something, because that's that's the real glory on the team. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Field goal holder see no care?
Speaker 5: I mean, how many of those any credit? Chris Sailor is going to give the uh going to give the dissertation?
Speaker 2: I know where to find them.
Speaker 5: Does any that's not a quarterback, like somebody so impactful like Ryan Nice or somebody, does anybody who's not a quarterback? Get invited to this slide in where the cracks.
Speaker 3: Pat Well, from my perspective, the number one non UCLA quarterback football players Joe Cowan and Joe Cowen will be there for sure, but there'll be a couple other guys that are good buddies, and we're thankful for their support and their attendance. But you know, the entire bruined football family and community, we get together and stay together and are excited about supporting coach Chesney and the team moving forward. Bob will be in attendance at the event, and actually Nico's coming as well, so it will be funny to have him there and he could kind of meet his future community when he eventually one day becomes an alum.
Speaker 4: They can buy you guys dinner.
Speaker 2: Easily ten times over.
Speaker 3: Man if I had one hundred bucks in college, but that's another story. Yeah, I'm glad is going to be there and thankful that they are.
Speaker 2: Last one for me. Pat, you mentioned what a great cause that at all benefits for people that are asking, well, well, how does it ben like, how does it benefit? What is it? And how are you able to put it all together to try to help out that great organization.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In partnership with the UCLA Matel's Children's Hospital, we've been working with their staff and putting this event together and connecting with their community as well supporters of the children's hospital. All the proceeds from our event this Saturday, which will include I think twenty seven UCLA quarterbacks, all the proceeds go to the Mattel's Children's Hospital. We want to support their the pediatric care that they have, the research work that they're doing, and support them in any way possible because what they're doing is truly magical. And being a parent myself now, my heart goes out to all the families who are getting care of there right now, and if we can come together to help support them, that's really what this is.
Speaker 5: Wonderful man Pat Cowen doing great work and a great family man in Long Beach, California. Shout out to Joe Collen and his mustache.
Speaker 4: Pat. We put up the link.
Speaker 5: We do have the link on our Twitter at Patrols and Money and the phone number, so it's all there at Petros and Money on acts. Last thing for you, Pat, you mentioned Bob Chesney and we had him on and man feels like a home run higher, What have you been privy to around campus and what kind of job do you think he's doing well.
Speaker 3: I think he's doing a great job so far. You know, the best thing about being a new coach is you're still undefeated, so everybody loves them and being around the staff, they've been super supportive of our event as well. So shout out to Coach Chesney's entire staff meeting those guys, they've been following him all over the country and for people to pick up their families and their lives to continually go and support somebody, it's because they're doing something right. And I'm really excited for the entire UCLA community to be having Coach Chesney lee the way because I think there's gonna be some really exciting days coming forward for us. So he has our full support and I appreciate his as well.
Speaker 2: Help out the UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital. If you don't have Twitter, the ingish google UCLA Quarterback Club twenty twenty six that'll take you to the link as well, or giving dot Ucla dot edu slash UCLA Quarterback Club two two six. Great cause, great group of people and what no doubt will be a fantastic night. Thank you, Pat, Thanks Pat, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Guys. All right, have a good one, Pat Callen.
Speaker 5: They're only more famous guy that went to Bosco before him, before it became a big giant football powerhouse. No mare Garciapara, friend, all We'll be back with Morpetros and Money on AM five seventy LA Sports Fun Fact, Quick HiT's Dead and Alive, Dodger Talk with Tim Kats.
Speaker 4: You don't have to make any plans tonight. You can be lonely and desolate forever