Speaker 1: Listen up. The radies just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demography, super duper.
Speaker 1: That's nice, right to go, Nito Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the tenth day of June twenty twenty six, and good morning to you. Hello everybody, My name is Chris Hockey. Welcome to the pouch of morning show. Here's what's going on today. Parker Fox coming on by what's going on in his world? He threw out the first pitch. All kinds of cool things right. More on that in the moment. But ladies and gentlemen, let's get this thing starts from comedy from Bill Burr.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 3: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 1: Life could pass you by.
Speaker 4: It happens, you know, you just keep living and living and living.
Speaker 1: You know what it is.
Speaker 4: You basically you got I think you got like twenty five thirty years to absorb as much as you can and then that's it. That's all you know, because right around then you get married and it's over.
Speaker 1: Right, you have a couple of kids. You sucked in the bubble.
Speaker 4: You don't have time to pay attention to what's going on on the world with these kids, Eh, don't be a stereo killer.
Speaker 1: Don't touch that. You're just stuck in that. You have three four kids.
Speaker 4: That is a twenty five year sentence trying to get them all through college.
Speaker 1: Society just keeps going.
Speaker 4: You get the last one through college, you step back out of the bubble.
Speaker 1: Just you don't know what happened. You're not even paying attention. You go back to your old record collection.
Speaker 4: Babteity about out a boo.
Speaker 1: Someone sicks a mic in your face. You gotta get in trouble. I agree way.
Speaker 3: Preshios operate a bubbles.
Speaker 1: I'm me the tires.
Speaker 3: Oh oh in the tax this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're sold tess.
Speaker 3: Heart and you sold my heart Monday.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna let him my way because I launching see here day you say, I don't walk over the Power Tip Morning Show, Wednesday, June tenth, twenty twenty six. I'm Corey. That's Chris, that's Paul, that zach I guys, Hi Carlos, Good morning man, I'm good. How are you great? Great dog's daddy?
Speaker 3: I'm real good man.
Speaker 1: Just rain buzz killing your golf for the week.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I know I was gonna go play on Friday.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna go see that Stephen Spielberg movie. I can't wait, the Alien movie Disclosure Days. My kiddos at daycare, my wife works, So I'm gonna go see a movie. You want want to go? Hogs some thanks for the invite. You would ever want to go, but you don't care. You could go ten forty five screen you'd want to go. I can't. I got passwords on Friday. Oh you've heard good things. It's not really it's on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're all very familiar with is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't a big fan. Huh No, interesting? Really you said he'd rather be pooked on. Oh she talked to your dad? Dare you sorry? Start over? You talked to Dwight?
Speaker 3: Nope? Now for real, though, I somebody? Yeah, yeah that's what. But but again it's one person's been sure. Yeah, but it's amazing how easily swayed I am. But yeah, no, I'm sure to be good. I'm sure to be good.
Speaker 1: H Yeah. Now it's down to eighty four percent?
Speaker 3: Stop yeah dropping?
Speaker 1: How many radio it is? Uh? I mean one hundred and thirty eight reviews that's pretty good. Yeah, I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 3: Never have one of the days when you leave here and you're like yeah, and then you get home and you go through your day and you're like yeah, and you finally sleep and you wake up and you're like, man, I'm real lucky I didn't send that email.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yesterday was one of those days. Tuesday, Yeah, it was Tuesday. Yeah, that's our day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got an email that, rightfully so should set you off.
Speaker 3: And and it got funnier than that. I it got funnier than that, and and there was just no one here to even ask a question too, or even to get an answer from. And then I realized it's not just that nobody was here, there's nobody that exists anymore within this building to even ask that question to. And then I thought, existentially, does anybody really know what time it is?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Is there anyone left to care? And and that was very frustrating and so poor Saucy. I apologize you you caught the uh, you caught the buzz into that blade, which is all right, Yeah, I apologized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hulk slammed over it.
Speaker 3: And I know that I shouldn't have because Pa was on the air. Yeah, but I just couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't believe you. It was a ridiculous.
Speaker 3: The person we were talking about was sitting down the hallway at a desk with headphones on, looking like he was having the best day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just stop. Maybe maybe he was. I let the man live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know he was living.
Speaker 1: I had to stop my client from going over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was living. He was doing great. I can't wait to tell you the rest of that story, because you guys will be like, wow, yeah, well that's really something. At one point in an email chain, oh boy, Corey, I just typed, My goodness, I could believe it. Sure, but you know it's just crazy. But you know what I'm seeing. The reason I bring that up is first of all, to apologize to Saucy for having to be the victim of that, but also because I think I think anybody I don't almost everyone I know who works at a big company is going through the exact same thing we're going through. Have you noticed that in.
Speaker 1: Terms of what what part of the corporate experience?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that a lot of companies, especially big ones, are shrinking their their work staff. But I've talked to so many people who there used to be somebody at the end of the hallway who could at least point you in the right direction or or assuage your fears, or answer your questions, or tell you you're wrong, or tell you you're right, pat you on the back, or kicking ace. You know. Yeah, and we all have drop foot. But he's doing that for about seven thousand people these days, right, And I don't think he has anybody to ask that question too anymore. It's just weird, right, But I found that it seems to be like that in all of corporate America. I would guess if you're out there on your way to your job right now, which you know, I'm I get to do this. I'm very grateful to have this job. But I would guess you are having some of the same situations, and I feel I feel bad for you. It's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 1: You want to We joke sometimes, we joke sometimes on the show that good thing there's no HR otherwise half the staff would have been fired. But the truth is is, I don't even know if we have an HR rep. We don't in the building.
Speaker 3: I don't think any as long as HM, as long as.
Speaker 1: This is the equivalent of my goodness. He's trying to decide whether or not to reply all one more time. Thank god he didn't right away.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I craft a not so carefully word an email. But I think this is the point of the entire I ran, I didn't know who to send it to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then you're just screaming into the wind.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I went outside, which is what you're complaining about, is right? Is I'm screaming into the wind.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I screamed into the wind that was Sauceag's head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That blocks most of the winds. Yeah, I did. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I I then I uh uh, I went outside and drove fast until I couldn't because of the construction, which made it even better. Yeah, I bet, I bet in The ninety one degrees was great too. Uh but uh, but the day ended very very well. I had dinner with my friends, and I played a gig with some other of my friends last night and it was fun. So that's good. This morning I did, I did do that. I did, and then it stopped raining. And but it was perfectly time because I had to come in to do the show. But because I was thinking about doing the show for my car, and then I thought to myself, would anybody even send an email and saying why is Hockey doing his email? Is rad or show from the car?
Speaker 1: And that's the No, Nope, don't think I would notice.
Speaker 3: All I could say is, hey, we're trying something different down here.
Speaker 1: That would be a great bit, is if if if we split all of us up like muppets take Manhattan, we just spread out over the country. Yeah, how long it would take them to realize we're not in the same room. I don't It might be days. It might Abbot would figure it out on day one, Yet the rest of the ground, it might be days. Yeah, it might be days. Yeah, you were in Tulsa for how long you're still in Indianapolis?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Jeez?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, did your spots miss?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, wait a minute, did your spots miss? They did? Did anybody notice?
Speaker 1: No? Speaking of that, did any of while I was gone?
Speaker 3: Every single Yeah, one of them?
Speaker 1: Part of my thing.
Speaker 3: That's that's if I in my brand email, my rant email, it got deleted. That was topic number one. I sat here every day you were gone and watched spot after spot after spot.
Speaker 1: I missed it.
Speaker 3: I kept waiting for somebody to say, hey, how come.
Speaker 1: They're not in? Why would they notice clients of your man? That pisses me off. Remember I said that, Remember a couple of years ago when they changed the process and we all said, how come they didn't ask us? This is a terrible plan. Yeah, and we go this is gonna backfire. And every time I've left, I've been uncomfortable because I'm like, I'm going to be gone, and I know those are going to miss and most of the time they do. Yeah, the old way with our guy Miles, we never missed Myles. Why would email Myles? I would say, hey, what do you need? He'd say A B, C and D. I'd go, boom, here they are you all set? And you go, you're all set? And I'd get the hell out of here, and I wouldn't think of this job for a second and I could disconnect. Now it's got I bet all these are going to miss.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and they did. I'm not in any way ripping you good clients of yours? Yeah yeah, I mean they're all good clients of yours, but long time ones you means just roll by like it didn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yep, I waved at him.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean I only sent an email like a whole week and change ahead of time. Why would that matter? I think Tuesday it is for me, Tuesday for me talking to.
Speaker 3: I'm like the kid who's acting out hoping he gets punished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's kind of your thing. Lord, if you get called down to the principal's office, you're okay. At least we have a principle. Fantastic.
Speaker 3: You know, we talked about doing our own podcast and be like, man, they're gonna be pissed if we do that. I don't think they'd noticed.
Speaker 1: I don't think they would notice either. Should we just start our own Patreon and see how long it takes me to realize we're making money in the side. It might be years, it might be years, but at this point they'd probably go, well again, who's there? Yeah? Who would stop us?
Speaker 3: Mel Gibson?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mel Gibson, that's him. He's oh here, Yeah, he's in Australia though we found out about your spots.
Speaker 3: Here he is, and he's on the treadmill with Tommy. I hope he's on.
Speaker 1: The do they miss just Thursday and Friday or Monday as well, all three days?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Just curious?
Speaker 3: Somebody noticed that there was a radio station this weekend.
Speaker 1: Right, all three days? Oh great, all three days? So cool?
Speaker 3: Lordy, lordy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what they like to do. They like to put their feet up and stare at the window. Have you seen that picture?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, where do you see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You'll love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Bonus here. Yeah, we should. We should have a liner with the end of that The Power Show.
Speaker 6: You don't care, please play that when Tommy is making his bet next week for the golf.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the treadmill.
Speaker 3: You guys gonna be like, quit hit that button. I'd be like, I haven't touched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't touched it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, there you go. Well anyway, so that's good morning, guys, Good morning, Hi, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: And otherwise everything's great.
Speaker 3: Literally, thanks a pretty damn good man. You know, I ain't count no chickens or anything, but we got twenty five years about to go in the books. I mean, who would have guessed that, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean who would have guessed that?
Speaker 1: Do people actually count chickens? Like on a on a chicken farm, Like does Glenn Taylor know exactly how many chickens he owns at any given moment? H Yeah, you can't count your chickens before you roast them. But I mean, do you approximate based on square footage? Like how much we have this amount of land and we can fit this amount of chickens per square foot? So it's got to be somewhere in this range because I can't imagine they're going one by one and counting them all.
Speaker 6: No, I mean they're packed in like a like chicken at a music festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wonder how they say, sure it's all digital now it's all on the grid. What's on the grid? How many chickens you have the chicken grid? Yeah, I'm sure there's a chicken grid. Chicken sounds good? Can we get chick fil AzaC?
Speaker 3: I'll buy?
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, sure, I mean the answer five minutes. I let you know.
Speaker 3: Hey, Corey, yes, sir, hearing my machine dated six twelve eighteen, which is all eight years ago, almost ten years ago. Now, coming right up. I have something labeled Corey Calls after losing World Series of Poker, and it's a bit that I think.
Speaker 1: I made was going to say, I was going to say, there's no way I would have called no way.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. I haven't heard this. I think it's a piece of comedy excellence.
Speaker 1: Sure, I bet it's Marconi worthy.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's say I don't remember as.
Speaker 3: Cursing even in the twenty eighteen because.
Speaker 1: But were you remember doing this at all? Not? Really, not at all, not at.
Speaker 3: All, six twelve eighteen. I mean, this is before COVID, this is before everything, Powart, Trick Mink Show, who's this Hey.
Speaker 1: It's Corey Cope and the Power Show cording Joe.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm excited to hear from you, buddy, and you should be excited by him.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: The rumor is that you got knocked out of the World Series of Poker tournament very quickly, blazing fast. Wow, how many minutes did you last?
Speaker 1: Eight? Eight? Well?
Speaker 3: How much money have you lost?
Speaker 1: Everything?
Speaker 3: You lost all your money in eight minutes. Is it possible that you're the worst poker player in the entire world?
Speaker 1: Very possible?
Speaker 3: Okay, Like adding every country in the world, even third world countries, what percentage of the world population is better?
Speaker 1: Than you eighty percent of the population.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're out of money and you've lost every game you've played. Can you tell me, is there like one reason you're so bad at poker?
Speaker 1: Four or five, six or one thousand reasons?
Speaker 3: So what's it like to lose all your money like on your first day of a week long trip.
Speaker 1: It's an absolute game change.
Speaker 3: I bet listen, if you could go back in time and talk to yourself before you left, would you say to yourself, don't move on? Well, I guess you're gonna have to go back to sex for money in order to find a way to get home. How long are you going to be.
Speaker 1: Doing this between now and the end of the month.
Speaker 3: And how much are you going to charge?
Speaker 1: How are they going to get a hold of you by calling?
Speaker 3: What are you gonna say to your customers?
Speaker 1: Get in there?
Speaker 3: That's kind of gross. What do you get for one hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: You get everything?
Speaker 3: Well, there you go. When you're gonna when you're gonna start this new career so that you can actually afford to get home after all your losings?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we'll let you go take care of Corey and enjoy your your time in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 3: That might have been my best comedy.
Speaker 1: That also that officially is the most any of my spots have run all week. Brilliant, brilliant. Yeah, THEIA coach Ryland who ordered casino?
Speaker 3: You don't know whose spots.
Speaker 1: Are either, sorry Hovo indeed God that Yeah? Yeah you were happy then? Who me?
Speaker 3: Yes you beetlejuice, I'm happier now.
Speaker 1: Like to slack you across the face with a gutter.
Speaker 5: Yeahn dot com. You know who doesn't have to worry about leaves and stuff in their gutters? Lawyer Lambert at gutterhelmet MN dot com.
Speaker 1: Cool h more of the Power Trip Morning to you after Fish Parker Fox at seven right here on the fan, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: On the air, gentlemen, do you remember when that that thing of that I just read to you guys that's spring of emails was just walking down the hallway right along, right and along and saying, heybody, do you have anybody in.
Speaker 1: It would take five seconds, Yes, it took it took six.
Speaker 3: Nine to ten hours, took not a ten hours, and people in one two.
Speaker 1: At least three.
Speaker 3: Different states across the United States of America to help with the answer that one question. Jesz, I know, and I say, states, but I'm being kind. I'm not sure you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. Well, we got there. Yeah, yeah, we did. The system works, guys, sure does very efficiently. Everything's great.
Speaker 3: It is, man, it's cool.
Speaker 1: I love I love it.
Speaker 3: I do love this job.
Speaker 1: But it's fun.
Speaker 3: I do wish we could play music though. And I was thinking about it this morning because it's Wednesday, and I was thinking on the way and I'm like, hey, it's Wednesday, and I thought, Mad, I'd love to be able to do duel the decades.
Speaker 1: That was so much fun.
Speaker 3: That was super cool, super cool. It was so cool, as the kids say, Jacae, the fights or anything when you're in Vegas hit and runs.
Speaker 1: No, I found to think of anything.
Speaker 3: I found myself reading the AP and news stories out of Nevada every day, looking to see if anybody from Minnesota had been injured while you were out there. Nothing, but I did see a lot of hit and runs and a lot of fight. Really, yeah, was it packed or was it not? Power?
Speaker 1: It was pretty packed? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was it back to normal backed?
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's probably jad because where I was it was completely packed, right, overflowing with poker players at Paris and Horseshoe. Yeah. And when I walked the strip, it was in the mornings where there's almost no one. How was it?
Speaker 3: How was it downtown?
Speaker 1: Never went downtown? I went down.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, we're going to change that, buddy, We're going to change that for you. Yeah, man, we don't change that. No.
Speaker 1: The old WUS ops right in the middle of the strip, so you can kind of stay centrally located. Sweet. One of my favorite things that happens. And it's hard to explain on what you're in the moment, but just imagine again, a ballroom with as many people as you can possibly imagine, right, just packed, Yeah, just a sea of poker tables. Yeah. And for the most part, these are players that play all the time. So we've seen it all, we've done it all. Not much shocks us anymore. Not much surprises us when it comes to cards anymore. One of my favorite things is once in a while, you'll have somebody who over celebrates in like day one of a tournament, right out of a four or five day tournament, and somebody celebrates like yes, like screams. Right, it's the first exactly, and they'll pop out of their chair and they'll scream and they fist pump, and then you have three thousand players sarcastically go, oh, well done, buddy, well done. You win the tournaments and everybody saw you serious, oh yeah, oh my god, just because you shouldn't be celebrating like that on day one, and you will get a just a standing ovation of sarcasm if you show any emotion like okay, buddy, well done, you're still alive. Just just that it's the best. It happened probably two or three times in the days that I was playing, where somebody just gets a little too excited and pops out of their chair and they're strutting around. You know what.
Speaker 3: The problem? The problem is, honestly, the problem is by I mean almost by definition and poker, somebody else's happiness is your downfall always. So that's the worst.
Speaker 1: You can't see, you know what?
Speaker 3: You know what what from my particular expertise in gambling, which is playing slot machines, two things all of us pros hate. Turn the sound down?
Speaker 1: Are you deaf?
Speaker 3: Please? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Don't you have it all the way?
Speaker 3: I hate It's like when you sit at the stoplight, and you have to hear the guy behind you and his thump thump, thump thump. Nobody wants to hear your radio, sirp. That's one two, no one, no one. Proper etic. If you've hit a jackpot is like standing at the pisser, face forward. Don't act like it's your Act like it's not your first touchdown.
Speaker 1: Right, like the guy that stands up with the pro poker and screams it's like we've all won big hands.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing. Everybody in that room with you has probably is real close to losing their house, right, So yeah, they're not happy for you to yourself and they might not have anything to lose by getting up and stabbing you, So just be cool man. Plus, there are there are people keeping an eye on you who might follow you outside.
Speaker 1: Be careful. Well said, you might get beat up.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's that to get involved in my expertise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his two things that he just brought up are two things I absolutely do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seen me. That's half the reason he walked away. So almost always when I'm playing cards, I have air pods in. Sometimes I'm actually listening to a podcast music, but almost always It's just to put up a fake wall so I can just focus so people don't talk to me, right, because I'm just trying to pay attention. And I told Sauss yesterday. But the final two hours I was playing on Saturday night, my half of the table were all quiet. We were all taking it seriously. We were all locked in the other half was three or four guys that had the most boring conversation I've ever heard of my life. And it wouldn't stop. And at one point, this old guy from Wisconsin who told the whole table that he was a sports fan and if we weren't sure, they have the Packers, they have the Bucks, they have the Brewers. He was naming teams like he was giving us new information. I'm like, I just bust me out of this tournament, please, But this old guy from Wisconsin went on and on about sports, and then he told us that he only dabbles in roulette when he's not playing poker. And at one time he was at a casino and he noticed a pattern, so he bet a certain number and it hit, and everybody around him was confused on what he did, and he said, well, I noticed the pattern, and you know Chris, You've known me for almost twenty five years. Do you know how hard it was for me to sit there quietly and listen to him tell eight other strangers that he noticed a Roulette pattern. I bit my tongue for forty five minutes. And when I busted that tournament, when I was walking back to my hotel room to book my flight out of Vegas, I actually felt relief that I didn't have to listen to that guy for one more second in my life. It was the worst thing I'd ever heard. Do you know how?
Speaker 3: I do know because I remember when you couldn't call bs on a gang banger in New Orleans. In New Orleans who was telling everybody he was on a Wheedy's box.
Speaker 1: He was trying to sell us drugs. And then he told us he was on a Wheedy's box, and I'm like, no, you weren't. We were drunk and they were gang bangers. They definitely had guns. And I said to his face that he was lying about being on a what sport? What were you on a Witty's box? Forty And he death stared me like you don't believe it, No, I don't believe you. So yeah, I've grown up a little bit. I've changed. That was I was what twenty six at that point, and now I'm forty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I listened to this old man tell me that he noticed a pattern, and all the freaking idiots around him like that's awesome, man, that's great. I'm like, there is no po oh my god, this guy. And of course I had like seventy thousand chips and I think he had four hundred k. Yeah right, he's just got stacks. Like how does this guy have a giant pile of chips? He doesn't know English? Yeah, yeah, he doesn't know math. Yeah, but he's killing it, killing it. Yeah. Yeah, man, it's the best though.
Speaker 3: That's why the color gambling, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are correct, at the end.
Speaker 3: Of the day, who gets the best card?
Speaker 1: He noticed a pattern? He sure did, Yeah he did. Man.
Speaker 3: It's like he's like the Uno and the Matrix or whatever Neo whatever, No, in the matrixship.
Speaker 1: The guy that invented the card game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't invent after.
Speaker 1: Front Page Sports is next Parker Fox. In an hour, we locked up a wild member. Maybe not the one you wanted, but hey, one of them.
Speaker 3: That's sill, pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Though, that's still pretty cool any one of us.
Speaker 3: The kid that we locked up, No, no, he's.
Speaker 1: Not okay cool, all right. I don't know where he's from. I think he's from Michigan something like that. Anyway, we'll talk about that in a second Front page Sports after this. On the Fan from the.
Speaker 3: Guys, I don't know if you had an opportunity to listen to any of the audio for mister Day's mini camp.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 3: I loaded some stuff in because I thought there were a couple of trusting things. Yeah, yeah, right, And of course the top story in every sports network had to do with our Minnesota Vikings because of the quarterback controversy or the quarterback competition. But here's what Kyler Murray said about not getting all the reps, having just split the reps with JJ Mack.
Speaker 7: Now having the split rats, it's me already being behind, not getting the amount of reps that you know, you would typically want to guy to get. Learning an offense, that's probably the toughest part, you know, just again going back to the past, being in control of everything, understanding what we were already doing because I was comfortable within the system.
Speaker 1: Now coming to the new system, learning on.
Speaker 7: The fly, trying to play fast, efficient and then let let it loose while learning is pretty you know, that's the that's the toughest part.
Speaker 1: M H.
Speaker 3: And then JJ's asked the same question. Essentially, he says, this, those reps being distributed or something out of my control, and the only thing I focus in on is that next rep and keep it as simple as that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm just still completely distracted by I know, we kind of compared Kyler Murray's voice to Patrick Mahomes, but it's somebody else, that's not it, I agree with. I'm searching for you. It sounds like it's not Mahomes, it's somebody else, and I can't place it. And I don't even listen to what he says anymore. I'm just trying to figure that out who he reminds me of. So he said something about splitting reps, and then I checked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he raised as he raised a concern about, you know, trying to be the best quarterback you can be in this offense and starting quarterback, and they brought you know, but he's splitting reps, so by definition, he's not going to be as far.
Speaker 1: Along as he could be. If he was not split, but that's temporary. Yeah right, yeah, pretty soon he's going to be anointed the guy, and then he'll get all the reps. Yeah, by training camp? Yeah, probably, you think.
Speaker 5: So he Kaos speaks tomorrow, right, then they will probably They most likely always cancel like the last week, which is next week of is it still OTAs, So then we won't see any of them again until the end of July when training camp starts and we're that much closer to preseason football. Do you think In like Koc's opening press conference, he says Kyler Murray is the starter at camp. Yeah, I mean probably right, like.
Speaker 1: Because because I guess his point if I had listened to the actual sound bite, not just try to figure out who his voice remounted me of. At some point you got to give him the half vast majority, not not fifty to fifty. It's got to be like ninety five five or something. It's got to be an insane number.
Speaker 3: And somebody better get him because your starting quarterbacks should be getting all those reps, right, you wanted to be as good as possible?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, can you play the Kyler thing again? Let's let's give it another crack. Let's see if we can figure this out close mind somebody else but now having a split rets, it's.
Speaker 7: Me already being behind, not getting the amount of reps that you know, you would typically want to got to get learning at offense. That's probably the toughest part, you know, just again going back to the as being in control of everything, understand on what we were already doing because I was comfortable within the system. Now coming in the new system, learning on the fly, trying to play fast, efficient, and then let let it loose while learning is pretty you.
Speaker 1: Know, that's the that's the toughest part. I don't know. I don't know who knows. I think it's I'm I think I'm thinking of an actor or something. I don't think it's a sports person.
Speaker 3: Listen to the way he he says the word fly. That's the word right there. The way he says that is the thing that's making me think he sounds like somebody else.
Speaker 1: Now having a split rats.
Speaker 7: It's me already being behind, not getting the amount of reps that you know you would typically want a guy to get learning an offense. That's probably the toughest part, you know, just again, going back to the past, being in control of everything, understand on what we were already doing, because I was comfortable within the system.
Speaker 1: Now coming in the new system, learning on the fly, trying to play fast and on the fly.
Speaker 3: Learn on the fly, learn on the fly.
Speaker 1: Fly m is it? Mark Hammel? No, Mark Hammel to hell of the guests, thank you out of nowhere? Thank you? Uh tweet at is at power trip kfan If you have a wrong answers, Yeah, if you have an idea, who we're thinking of? Or what Sure Sports or by Holidays station star Bite, you get one. When it comes to Monster at Holiday, Mix and Matiney flavors of Monster that you want, so you could do this the zero Ultra if you want the white is still the Goat, still tough to be but mix and Matiny flavors you want. Bye, you get one free holiday and Monster Thanks Holiday holiday is the best it is it sure is love me or love Holiday? I love all of the holiday. Yeah, well you love hockey more than anybody else on the planet loves hockey. Yeah well I see you me at his worst. Yeah you do. But be wild and Michael McCarron agree to a six year, twenty million dollar deal. He is thirty one years old. Was acquired Nashville on March thirty. Is six six that's a huge bit. Two goals and a couple of assists over eleven games in the postseason. First round picked by Montreal in twenty thirteen. I didn't know he was a first rounder back in the day. I did either twenty fifth overall, but Michael McCarran six year deal.
Speaker 6: Zachary, Yeah, I'm I'm a little surprised because I thought at the end of the season that we probably weren't going to have him back.
Speaker 1: But obviously he likes playing here.
Speaker 6: He said as such that he wanted to stick around and pursue a Stanley Cup with the Wild And as we all know, he could have gotten way way more if he would have hit the market.
Speaker 1: But Billy Garon doing a great job.
Speaker 6: Keeping him here and then also keeping him for a reasonable amount, especially that that aav over a long period will.
Speaker 1: Certainly be nice.
Speaker 6: And I know there's some criticism here and there, but I think overall it is a great move, especially with the cap rising.
Speaker 1: It's it's good man.
Speaker 6: He's good, he's big, he had size, he wins face offs. They need that role player and he plays it very very well, was very valuable at the end of the season this year, and we'll have him for another what six years?
Speaker 1: So, the Carolina Hurricanes were slight favorites last night in Vegas for Game four of the Stanley Cup Final, and they get it done five to three. They come out of the gates pretty hot, like very hot, and then they end up holding on and winning five to three. That series is now tied to two. Jordan Stall scored twice Game five in Carolina on Thursday. Here's why we should have known that the Carolina Hurricanes were gonna win last night. So maybe this and maybe this is why they were slight favorites. I want unless you read this. If you read this, don't guess it's my constant disclaimer. Give me the date the last time Carolina loss back to back games. What do you think February they were on the Olympic break. Maybe, so give me an exact yes, well, like February second four, two.
Speaker 3: Christmas Day after Christmas Boxing Day, twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Thanksgiving jan thirteen. They have not lost back to that game since the twelfth and thirteenth of January. That's sweet. So that's how good they are. They're just tough to beat consecutively. They just don't lose very often. Yeah, good for them. So it's been months since they've lost back to back games and that's still the case. Yeah, good for them. So series tied to two. Proud of them. I think they're going to do it, but we'll see. But again, almost almost, except for maybe last night a little bit, almost all four games have felt like a coin flip. Oh yeah, so I definitely could argue Vegas it could will do this. I do think Carolina is slightly better, but I don't know hockey well enough to know that or say that does how much you.
Speaker 6: Know about hockey, it's right there, just talk to I mean, it is a coin flip each night. I mean these leads, multiple multi goal leads, just a race in a second or two. But except hopefully it goes seven, man, we got game six guaranteed. I would love to see it go seven.
Speaker 5: Maybe you said the stat Corey, and I'm sure you did, but uh, last night, at the end of the second period, they flashed on the screen. Vegas has outscored the Hurricanes nine to one in the second period. I just said that, did you really? No okayd scare me for a minute, but that's incredible.
Speaker 1: So, like Zacho said, they were up three to one and all of a sudden, it's three to three again. So they are very good in the second period.
Speaker 6: And the heart that the hurricane, that game hard of rock and roll, Jordan's watall falling over and somehow still getting that game winner.
Speaker 1: So much, it's so good, it's so good. I love it. This is literally what makes sweet Carolina. Yeah, the Links won one seventy six over the Dallas Wings. Miles twenty four, McBride twenty two, Howard twenty one. The Links are ten and two and obviously, if you're paying attention, still known a Fisa Collier. So one of the best female basketball players on the planet is not even playing and the Links are ten and two. Yeah, imagine imagine when they had Almos said McPhee, uh, the Visa Collier, Like this is nuts? Crazy? Are we the favorites? We got to be the DraftKings favorites. Let me look that up quickly. We have to be at this point. Olivia Miles is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: She had what twenty well one of us twenty four twenty four last night and the gal taken before I think had four easy funds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the liberty is still ahead of us liberty liberty. Well, I'm not on DraftKings. On DraftKings, the links are plus two to ten and the liberty of plus three ten futures NBA winner. Yeah, my draftings too. It's completely that go back to the future range. Yeah. You might be on the milking at it right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it might be on the prediction market, predictors, predictors great bit.
Speaker 1: No, it was terrible.
Speaker 6: I like the New York Mets are plus six cuentards. Still remember when we talked about their odds to make the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: No, I barely remember driving home.
Speaker 1: Most Yeah, and he was full of ridge. He was pissed. Do you have his rage shirt on?
Speaker 3: I know I did the day before though, No, it was the day before rage.
Speaker 1: Miss. Yeah, rage, miss happy Rage, Miss Thank you? Is it my turn? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean we're doing fan five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing Fan five. Man, take a deep breath. How long have you been gone? Uh? Well I missed Thursday, Friday and Monday, and so did all of my commercials. Yeah. Did nobody say anything?
Speaker 3: Nobody an email, nobody said hey, my God, I've a record on that's something important.
Speaker 1: The Bengals have restructured Joe Burrows contract. They're going to gain ten million dollars in cap space for the upcoming season. This was pretty much needed to save some money because of the Dexter Lawrence trade. So the team had just seven point one million in effective cap space. You know what they did by boom fixed and boom and boom they can sign whoever they want. So the CAP's a myth? Oh we're really over the cap? Oh well, then hey on a second, right fast, send time to the league. Hey, hey, Joe, Joe, you know how you know we signed you to like a two hundred and fifty million dollars deal. Yeah, you're still going to get it. Okay, We're going to give you some now, though, we're going to give you more now, and then we're going to just spread it the number out so it won't impact you in any way. You okay with it?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Where do I sign? Just right here? Okay? But then what do you guys do? Well, then we just beat out boot boop fixed and then then we can sign whoever we want. Right, But is that going to put us over the cap?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, we're going to stay under the cap by hitting all these buttons, like I read, hold on, let me see if this is correct. You can do whatever you want in the NFL. Okay, one of those.
Speaker 5: Here's another example that the the CAP's a myth. You your favorite squad? The forty nine ers have a high price quarterback, a high price tight end. They have price running back, high price running back they have. They have a wide receiver that doesn't want to be on the team that they overpaid for, and they have Bosa right high end players loaded. They have seventy one million dollars in cap space. How do they have seventy one million dollars in cap space? More to your point, it's made up?
Speaker 1: Well, how about this? Williams makes like fifty million. This is the best, This is the best. I was gonna save this for next seven. But who cares because there's piggy bash what we're talking about. So Adam Schefter continues to say he truly thinks it's more likely than not that Aaron Donald comes out of retirements to join Miles Garrett on the Rams. Right yeap. Aaron Donald last played in twenty twenty three. Guaranteed first ballot Hall of Famer blah blah blah blah blah. But he's thirty five, and they're like, Wow, wouln't it be awesome if we put two of the best players in this generation on the same defensive line and just let him wreak absolute havoc. The Rams are projected to be nineteen million under the cap. Donald would want more than that, So it's what do we do? Adam Schefter said. Other teams that he has talked to have said, quote, they'll find the money, they'll make it happen. Right, that's a direct quote from Adam Schefter. They'll find the money, they'll make it happen. I want to know how they make that happen. Paulugh, Wow, holy Molly worked fixed me. So oh man, Well, I would love Aaron Donald to come back, but he's got a nineteen million or less. Well he wants forty. Oh well give him three, give him forty. Well, how did you do that? Well, we told Matt Stafford that would give him a yacht today, right, and then uh three, rental property is starting tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: They're like the big brother. That's some possible to play monopoly agans because he just throws the board when he gets mad.
Speaker 1: Beats us well, like, this is another example of what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: What was the whole bit about getting McCarthy in here, you'd have a young quarterback on a cheap deal. They are paying Kyler Murray one point something million a year.
Speaker 1: They only have thirteen million in cap space. How do the forty nine ers have seventy one million dollars in cap because they spread out rock Perty's deal over the next sixty three years. It's so made up. I heard that I got a lot of teams are in cap trouble next year. No they're not. Don't beat by boo boop fixed? Yes, sorry, the Chiefs can't play next year. They're over the cap. Not a thing now, they're one point two billion under, right, so stupid, it's the best. Oh god, we're in cap. Hell, no, we're not seventy one billion dollars. Just run it through Claude, he'll fix it for you. The AI. Oh we gotta use cold pilot here, right, Well again, who's gonna tell on us who's down the hall to say col pilot?
Speaker 5: Only Trent Williams makes twenty five million years down the hall.
Speaker 1: He doesn't fixed. So stupid. What really matters is next.
Speaker 6: Mystic Lake Amphitheater has some great shows coming to town, including Bob Dylan. He'll be there July sixth. He will be there in August twenty first Santana Dude, the Doobie Brothers will be there August twenty seventh. Get the complete details on all of our upcoming shows in the concert page at cafe dot com.
Speaker 1: Keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go, it's down to rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I tell you guys something none of you care about? Perfect?
Speaker 3: Can't wait, Hogs, I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 5: So you occasionally, Hogs Daddy have the coffee down the hall, right sure?
Speaker 1: And I have it every day.
Speaker 5: And I just realized, because as you say, Cory, you're one hundred percent correct, I don't have any attention to detail. It's one of your worst quality. It's one of my worst qualities, if not my worst quality. It's got me in some some weird situations in my life. Well, I just realized the coffee that I've been drinking for a year is decaying. Did you not notice?
Speaker 1: I didn't know the taste different, tastes different. I mean, it definitely does. Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Why are you still drinking it?
Speaker 1: I'm not anymore. You've been drinking decay and didn't notice. I did not notice because it's all in the pods. How is that possible?
Speaker 3: And it's a light blend, and that I that you weren't getting a kick from that.
Speaker 1: Why I think it's I think it's more of the placebo effect. I just figure because I'm having three cups of it that I'm more energized. I walked down there this morning to get a cup of coffee, and I'm like, what the hell this is decaf. I've been drinking it for a year and not I did not know.
Speaker 3: You're like the high school kid who was pretending to be drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: Now I've got some full diesel right here, but I didn't know it was DCA.
Speaker 1: But you can't now you definitely taste the difference.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well this one's yeah, this is a stronger blend. It's the hoggedy blend. But this is like drinking pure lead.
Speaker 1: I think even if you've had coffee a handful of times in your life, you'd be able to taste the difference. I can't believe. I death's unbelievable. I want a year. I want a year.
Speaker 5: No, I've been ever since they brought in the Caribou bits, which is outstanding coffee.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad somebody saved us and bailed us out of that. Man? Was that? Remember how harrowing him? An experience? A bird? It's a plane? No, it's oh man, we needed somebody to save us from our coffee situation.
Speaker 6: It sounds like, uh, sus likes our coffee situation. Oh I do now with the I can't believe it doesn't have caffeine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but before some of the coffee we had here, and the reason we did that bit is it was prison coffee. Now it's at least brand name and good. But I didn't realize because I'm an idiot.
Speaker 1: Can you go get one of those pods? Can we see how clearly it's labeled DCAF? Yeah, hold on, I can't. Then you can hold it up to the camera. I can't wait to see how prominently displayed the word DCAF is. How did he miss that? And, like you said, Chris, how did he not feel it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know, man, But like you said, it is that is the uh you know what do you call the if I see it? That's exactly right. I mean that's a definition of what it is. He thought he was getting caffeine, so he felt well and good that you'd like to taste of it.
Speaker 1: That. I don't want to be a total hypocrite because I've said the same thing about energy drinks. I don't think I have felt an energy drink in almost twenty years, right, I just know I feel good when I drink it, Like I know, mentally, I'm like, all right, I need this. I don't. I don't get the shakes, I don't feel a boost. I don't feel it at all. I just like the taste of it. How prominently displayed is Yeah, it's I.
Speaker 3: Mean it's it's it's right there. Yeah, it's right there.
Speaker 1: Easy, bring it back a little bring it back a little bit right stop there, right there, Cariboo Bland. I don't know. Isn't that color decaf color? Typically I'm not a coffee guy, So you have a decaf color and it says decaf on the actual pod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well it says it right, It says it right there, and it says.
Speaker 1: Your cameras medium rose decaf coffee. Yeah, I don't know how you read that once and didn't see the word DCAF. I have no idea I didn't it was calf. I'll tell you what, man, you just saw caribou blend and didn't read the fine print, the four words underneath it that say medium rose DCAF coffee. I did not.
Speaker 5: No, We've had that for about a year, so I've been drinking DCAF coffee for a year.
Speaker 1: Didn't.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing, Like, if I were to, you know, I drink a lot of five hour, a lot of five I love them. If I if they gave me DCAF five hour energy, which I'm sure doesn't exist. No, I think my body would notice.
Speaker 1: That's what I was just asking myself in my own head. If monster could make the exact same taste as this zero ultra but take out any kind of caffeine, what I notice? I don't know. Knowing as half of that, I don't know if I would. But DCAFF and irregular coffee tastes different. Yeah, I did not notice it. Unbelievable. Yeah, I'm not smart, And I gotta think whoever orders the the pods for us, go, what's up with Minneapolis? They drink an abnormal amount of decaf. Most people hate decaffeinated coffee, but man, they're pounding it in Minneapolis. This bald, ugly guy loves it. Like just as many pods as d of decaf are going out the door as the regular stuff. Who's drinking decaf in Minneapolis. Wow, it's just one guy. Okay, he loves it. He drinks three or four cups a day. What an idiot?
Speaker 3: You all hopped up on decas hopped up on decal.
Speaker 1: Kelly is saying, yeah, she is. You know, she doesn't. What really matters has brought to you by Oval Lasik and lens Go get Lasik and change your life with doctor David Whiting and doctor Mark lomanof At Oval Lasik and Lenz.
Speaker 3: Let's go up. But up. Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna bring meets us Paul emern In for Lacy, and we're not gonna give it to him. She's gonna walk out of here going son of a bat.
Speaker 5: I can see clearly now, I can read the fine print of the damn coffee.
Speaker 1: Pods Medium roast dcaff coffee. Didn't know that? How great is it? It's one of the all time snl bits. When they switched Chris Farley's coffee with decaffeinated folders, crystals or whatever, and what why use on bit? He just throws tables and punches. Guy, it's one of the greatest bits ever. Now again, if you didn't live through that era, that was a huge thing, right, the idea of switching coffee on people and not noticing, and that was the whole point, I guess. So maybe maybe maybe the year, it's not so crazy that you didn't notice, because thirty years ago that was a thing. We switched your coffee when you weren't looking with decaffee. You didn't even notice. I didn't even notice. So maybe they did it. Yeah, maybe Chris Farley had it right.
Speaker 5: Maybe the new me will now now that I've had two cups of this, now, maybe it's the new me.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we should do a taste test. You should get one of each and see if you can tell the difference. Maybe it's way closer than we're giving it credit for.
Speaker 3: Maybe it is. Yeah, maybe yeah, And maybe it'll be good on the radio now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe this, like I said, it's the new memes. I've had two cups now, working on my third.
Speaker 3: I can tell you got more energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, yeah, yeah, you lied to me. One lady's crying basically begging him to stop angry. He's got What a great bit. God, I love that bit. Don't melt Spurs at next tonight, uh seven point thirty. The Knicks are slight favorites on DraftKings at minus one and a half. New York's up two games to one, Spurs one game three, snapping New York's thirteen game win streak. I mean, come on, we can go with all the cliches in the world, how pivotal this is. If New York wins this, it's going to be unbelievably difficult for San Antonio to come back and win three straight. And obviously I would argue the opposite is true. If san Antonio steals Game four and now we're even I think the Knicks would be in full panic mode going back to San Antonio for Game five. So this is super cliche, but I'm going to say it anyway, because that's why cliches exist. I think whoever wins to Night wins the series. I think you're correct. Yeah, yeah, because if the Spurs win, they take the home court advantage back and again I truly think the panic sets in that the Knicks are blowing this. Yes, I think they win tonight. I think I think New York wins. We'll see. The Spurs have had double digit leads in all three games. Do you watch some grease? I do have grease already with the Spurs' that's wrong with more grease? No, I'm done betting betting. Well you you you know we backed I backed out of the parish versus the field bet. You backed out of the World Series of Poker bet and so far you would be winning. We've had a couple of close calls. How's our guying? Our guy finished fourteenth yesterday and he was the chip leader with leg one hundred to go. Oh Man inded herbot tournament he had a chance, so he did. Finished fourteen monty. I think with bounties, I think he won like fifteen k maybe cool something like that, but it was two hundred and forty for first, and he was thirteen people away from Buddy something like that. Minnesota's had a couple of close calls, and we have a really close call because the event that I busted. Rich Alsop is sixth in chips with eight to go one of the all time goats in Minnesota. He's like a top five player all time.
Speaker 3: Were you bust him?
Speaker 1: That's like a squirrel, No, man, but I think he's guaranteed almost two hundred K for even if he busts out in eighth, so he's already rolling in the cash. So congrats to Rich. Rich is a good dude. Yeah, good for him. Unbelievable player, great dude. Opie lives up to his name. Rich, I get it. Wow, well play. But my buddy Tye finished fourth for like one hundred and fifteen K. Randy Jacks finished second. Boss heads up. My buddy Jason Hoffman the other day finished second for a bracelet, so he's sweet. Jack. We've had a couple of a couple of really close calls, a couple of second places, but sauce if you and I had made a bracelet bet, so far we have no Minnesota bracelets through what about two weeks of the World Series. With four weeks to go, we got a golf better week from today, hogs Daddy you in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Carlos, Yeah, of course, zach O, Yeah, I guess they have to know, yeah, and I have to.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: John Denver wrote the song take Me Home, Country Roads, great tune to the place I belong West Virginia Mountain Mama. When he wrote that song, he and his co writer neither one of them had ever been to West Virginia.
Speaker 1: So, man, that John Denver's full of bleep. He really was had a liar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just I guess they like the sound of it. West Virginia.
Speaker 1: Uh hm, great song.
Speaker 3: Michigan didn't work.
Speaker 1: Pennsylvania would have.
Speaker 3: Worked Pennsylvania, but there's no Blue Ridge Mountains there.
Speaker 1: Chattanooga.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great song, chat the chatahoochie song and ask a stupid question babe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby.
Speaker 6: But now it is the Internet, you could like look up West Virginia. You can find out about them Blue Ridge Mountains and Mountain Mamas.
Speaker 1: And stuff like Back then, like that was all just general knowledge, all that stuff, you mean the states. Yeah, they're surprised that he knew that it exists. Like, what's the blood I don't even know. I have access to the internet. I don't know what blue Ridge mountains are.
Speaker 3: There were things, I know. I'm not being funny, I'm telling you you know this, but I'm just pointed out. Encyclopedias were our intern.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, there were these things called books that were killed with information that you could go to this secondary building called the library and look up information and then learn all about the world. Yeah. I didn't do that, most of us didn't. Library suck my grandma. Most of them are haunted encyclopedias.
Speaker 3: And she also loved.
Speaker 1: Adam No same number of letters from brilliant. I went to this. Uh. I went to this library in New York City once. And this library in New York City I think was the last time I was in New York. It's like, got it, this's gotta be like eighty four. Yeah. And this chick was like going through like the uh, what was that card index called? You know, like where they have the Dewey decimal system. Is that what it's called the card index bibliography? No, like you know where you pull out Yeah, and so she's she's doing that, and she wasn't responding to a word. I was saying, pull your hands up. He's not here until next Wednesday. Oh never mind, that was just Ghostbusters.
Speaker 3: My mama.
Speaker 1: Is not here. Oh that's right, he's not on the show anymore. The next Wednesday, I would assume I'll text him. Yeah, do you think he would have known? I was referencing Ghostbusters'.
Speaker 3: Just a Spot every day for two years.
Speaker 1: After we fired it. Oh yeah, I mean you can tell. Yeah. Oh I felt like such a d word, but I had to do it. This is this is I texted Abbot at the airport, flying out going. I'm pretty sure Rosen just said the wrong name for his own client twice in a spot. Can you double check?
Speaker 3: My gosh?
Speaker 1: And I don't know if Abbot ever looked at it, but I'm like, I'm not trying to pile on im, like I don't even think it's the right word. But again, to our point, nobody noticed, but I think I noticed. I'm pretty sure it's the wrong word. I can't well, havelok, look it up during the break and see if I was right. I'm pretty sure he says the wrong name West Virginia. Let's look that up. I want to see if I'm right, because you know, yeah, it's like I was listening to on air pods right at the airport, waiting for my flight, and I'm like, did I just hear that? Just like hearing him get ripped, I literally started the text, habit, I'm not trying to be a dick dot dot but you just be like your email signature. Truly, I was truly trying to help. It just sounded like I was piling on. But I'm like, I'm pretty sure this needs to be fixed. Let's look it up, should we? Yeah? Of course, does your phone just auto fill whenever you type in? I'm not trying to be more of the power to Morning show after this on the fan from the one duh?
Speaker 3: You guys remember a wide receiver named Cedric from Texas? What was his last name?
Speaker 1: Cedric the entertainer. Oh, we had a cornerback named Cedric Griffin anything.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's time. But yeah, that's close enough. It's the hits, the job done.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, if I remember right, Cedric was a decent player, second rounder I think yeah he was. Yeah, you guys all remember Cedric, right? Sure? From Texas? Yeah? I think I got one of my first gigs here when I got here was to get liners and from that draft class. And I asked Cedric if he knew yeah, and he said, yeah, I'll do it, dude. Cedric was very nice about it. Outside of the Timberwolves and Vikings and stuff. Sauce, who's my all time favorite team. Do you remember the Timberwolves, No, outside of them, outside of Minnesota. Do you remember my favorite team when I was thirteen? Oh yeah, the Phoenix Phoenix Sons. The Phoenix Sons were awesome, right, They had like Kevin Johnson and Dan Marley and Tom Chambers and Cedric Sabalos. Yeah, you guys remember Cedric did He did the blindfold Dunk. Oh yeah, Cedric did.
Speaker 5: I always loved the comedy stylings of Cedric the entertainer.
Speaker 3: You know, he did the blind for Dunk, and a lot of our bosses do the I can't hear radio boy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do more of what really matters. I'll do scores and stats around the world, the sports, and then crys will change your life with something else. But first, Zach's gonna try to change our lives. No, no, so earlier after I see on earlier we mentioned that we all believe Kyler Murray sounds like somebody else, not Patrick Mahomes, It's somebody else that we just can't place. And we were asking people on Twitter and the stream at Cafe dot com slash watch, like, who are we thinking of that he sounds like somebody else? We just couldn't place it in Zach, you say that you've had a handful of responses that are the same, and you think this might be the front runner. I got a couple of couple of actually options here, So okay, let's see if we can agree with this or not. When do you become a collector when you have more than two or more than one or more than three? Is it more than three?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know that is that was Reeves? Hey on, play that again? That wasn't Keanu Reeves? That was it again? When do you become a collector when you have more than two or more than one or more than three? Is it more than three? What is.
Speaker 6: Any good audio without any like stupid music behind? But that's Keanu Reeves and some GQ thing a while ago. What doesn't sound It doesn't at all?
Speaker 1: But that was all right? So whether the most common thing? And there's this one.
Speaker 6: Accomplished with the football team, so we're really trying to that's get as many.
Speaker 1: That's the Packer old Packer head coach Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 6: A lot of people said Mike McCarthy, and then others said, Johnny, Utah, give me two.
Speaker 1: I don't think it sounds anything like Keanu Reeves. No, I don't either, especially that Keanu Reeves.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Crowdsourcing didn't work, damn it. They tried. At least they're listening. Oh brilliant. Yeah, if people cared, we'd get a talking to today.
Speaker 3: What are they gonna say we're wrong?
Speaker 1: Well played Hawk for Cedric Benson who played for the Bear. Oh yeah, and Texas I think too. Was he not a Texas run in Texas guy? He was great on well I think it was one of the NCAA football games. Cedric was out.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, just plowing through or you just run him around one of the corners and yeah, he was so great.
Speaker 1: That's a cool name. This. Who did Robert Pattinson playing Harry Potter again?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's it, screw sure, here's what's great about mas. He just got here and he picks right up with it. Yeah, just throw him the ball and he scores. Now. Our guy from uh from Minnesota on Reno nine one one I believe is Sie Drick.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: It's pronounced the same, but it's cdrick or sorry, spelled the same, but it's pronounced I believe. I don't think so I think it's doesn't matter. It matters, Yeah, it doesn't matter. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: Get that right. Esquire magazine has rolled out it's annual list of the best bars in the country. In twenty twenty six. The public from pulled together fourteen bars, many of which are from cities known further night life like New Orleans and Chicago and Los Angles, but it also includes a watering hole in our state of Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Just one made the list.
Speaker 3: Just one. Halftime Wreck in Saint Paul made the list and got high praise from editor Ryan dig Nestanio.
Speaker 1: Yeah they halftime Wreck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they halftime Wreck years ago when they that burger battle that I would host. Yeah, they won it a couple of times for how good their cheeseburger is. Yeah, halftime Wreck is real good.
Speaker 3: Say the best, Buddy Mary, I've ever tasted.
Speaker 1: No kidding, that's what it says.
Speaker 3: Halftime Wreck.
Speaker 1: Oh I've been to this place. Yeah, I just googled it and I'm watching some video. They got a fancy little website. I've definitely been to this place. Yeah, forget about that. It must have been for one of the hockey trivia bits or something. But I've definitely, I've definitely I've definitely been in there before. That looks super familiar. I think it's their Patty Shack Burger is outstand that's the home run. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the looks of it from the outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that glass man with the Hams beer right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a cool place. Ooh, their chicken wings look amazing.
Speaker 3: You're hungry, aren't you?
Speaker 1: I am? Yeah, hungry girl. I forgot my thing this morning, like you, I put my shoes on and I was like, well, time to go. You put shoes on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I put my shoes on and then didn't grab my d decaf, my protein shake.
Speaker 1: Thing that I drink now right.
Speaker 5: I got here and my waffles were gone. What Yeah, so now we're getting Chick fil A.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I've had the cheese curds at halftime wreck. Yeah, that looks very familiar. And those look amazing. I look at that meat lover's hash.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you guys, you guys won't get this in all.
Speaker 1: It's weighing hype barker. It's Dynay McBride. That's the voice that you think had play the Kyler Murray sound. But again, Let's see if Danny mcride's the right answer. And then I have a teammate who I haven't talked to in years, literally text me this morning. Kyler Murray sounds exactly like Danny. Danny McBride in so ironic that you guys bring it up. Interesting. Okay, let's see if that's good morning, come in hot. I love it to take right off the bat.
Speaker 7: Ohne, here comes that now having a split reps, it's already being behind, not getting an amount of come on, I gotta get.
Speaker 1: Learning an offense righteous Chemstone.
Speaker 7: That's probably the toughest part, you know, just again going back to the past, being in control of everything, understanding what we were already doing because I was comfortable within the system. Now coming in the new system, learning on the fly, trying to play fast fishing, and then let let it loose.
Speaker 1: It's cool. That's the best guess so far. It's really close.
Speaker 3: It be hard to find audio. Dan doesn't have curs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, true, because he knows I love righteous Chemstones vice principles. He spounded down and watch them all last year and he's like, dude, this Kyler Murray sounds exactly like that.
Speaker 5: What about the.
Speaker 3: Bradley Cooper episode of Righteous Gemstones, Oh dude, the first episode of this last season where it's basically it's the uh, how how they became involved in beingcoming preachers, the entire family, and it's his great great grandpa and it was Civil War times, and it's and the rest of the characters not in the film are in the episode at all. It's just Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: And it's a fantastic episode, so good he realizes and it sets his entire family of motion for there where he can use religion to take advantage of people. That's a great episode of television.
Speaker 1: That shows a plus probably one of my favorite.
Speaker 8: I mean, McBride is hilarious anytime you listen to him on my pods and you know whatever, you're gona listen to him on the first show all the time before.
Speaker 2: That's right, you came on years ago and pretending to be a hate you enjoy yourself. Do you like that kind of atmosphere with a big premiere, red carpet, the paparazzi, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I can't stand it. You'd think that you would get used to that stuff. The more you do it there.
Speaker 7: Now, having split reds, it's me already being behind, not getting the amount of repsit. You know, you would typically want.
Speaker 1: To go across the learning at the red car middle.
Speaker 3: It's pretty close.
Speaker 1: It's not bad. Yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 8: And I asked AI about it, and they said there's a lot of comparisons, whether it's like mainstream media or memes that compare those to his voice.
Speaker 3: So I would never have thought to ask Ai about it. Yeah, but again that's because I'm fifty five. That's a great idea. I should have asked right at the beginning. Who does he sound like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait a minute, you know, if you didn't use copilot, we're gonna have to ask you to leave. Yeah, it was cold pilot. That's why I said Ai.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, yeah, it's the only one you used, is copil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a co pilot.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: Geez, that was close. Man, we lost him. I used MODD.
Speaker 3: She called me and said, please have asked exactly quick to me over.
Speaker 1: I don't know. The FIFA World Cup starts tomorrow. Oh boy, let's go way.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the country.
Speaker 1: On day What do you think this was as of yesterday? I don't know if it's changed your a lot or not. What do you think the odds are that USA wins the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Year yesterday, believe it or not?
Speaker 1: Impossible? Oh, it ain't happening. It's probably ten thousand to one. Yeah, that's probably not a bad guess. Five thousand to one, Yeah, it's pretty closer to that. Ten thousands, probably not there. Fifty thousand to one, oh, maxoll gaius are slightly over.
Speaker 8: One thousand, twenty five hundred one seven, way over five hundred to one, twenty five one one.
Speaker 1: It is. They are thirty two to one to win the whole thing, They're nine to one to reach the semi finals, and even money just to reach the final sixteen. So it's fifty to fifty basically that they get into the final sixteen. Paul, your hands up. I have a question and I would like a soft kind answer.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, you should call a different radio.
Speaker 5: Is Are they at those odds like the Yankees and some of these big market teams are because they know they'll get action, like Americans are gonna bet like you always see, like some of these teams have higher odds, and you think because they're name brand right.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that matters a little bit, But it wouldn't. It wouldn't take a team that was normally one thousand to one and make them thirty two to one. No, it wouldn't be that big of a difference. I'm sure it's a slight difference. Yeah. Do you think it's not astronomically different? Are you thinking people will bet against the US because of that? Or or will bet like people will always bet.
Speaker 5: They always you get cooke lines on like the Yankees or some of these big market teams because they have a lot of fans who will bet them and they know they can get action.
Speaker 1: I do think a lot of people will bet on the US just for the extra sweat, just in case you get the dream run. You want to financially be a part of it, in it emotionally and financially. Yeah, but I hope. I don't think people are putting significant money in the USA. You're probably burning money. For example, France and Spain are your co favorites on DraftKings? What are the odds that they win the World Cup?
Speaker 3: Six on?
Speaker 1: France and Spain are your favorites? So Mexico versus South Africa kicks it off tomorrow in Mexico City at two o'clock, then the USA and Paraguay eight o'clock on Friday. Sauce, poker Face, Yeah, go ahead, get to it, poker Face Sauce ready, all right, Max, we know you're going to back Sauce. That's your boy. Alway, thanks, Zach Parker, hawk can Sauce name the continent that Paraguay is on? Yeah, you gotta meet Sauce all right. So that's a confident Parker. A confident Maxo.
Speaker 3: I believe so too. I feel like he can. Yes, I think he can.
Speaker 1: Pretty confident Chris Zachary. Yeah, that's a mostly confident yes. So four yes? Is it Europe? Oh my god, No you didn't.
Speaker 3: You're kidding, right, come on, your kidding around Spain?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, Spain, South America? It is South America? Okay, yeah? Yeah, all right? Hey, like almost dead center in the middle of South America. You know, you know it's bad. Come Max? Have you been there? You've been to Brazil?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Is Brazil? Does Brazil border because Brazil is gigantic. It takes up like half of South America. I'm not sure if it borders it, but no, I haven't I've been to Peru, Colombia and Brazil and in South America, but I haven't been to Paraguay yet. But I've heard nothing but good. Thing is that right?
Speaker 3: Never been to Spain's awesome, but been to Oklahoma that counts. That is a great song. Yeah, I think that's a band called the Three Dog Night.
Speaker 1: How did people learn about Spain or Oklahoma back in the day, It.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a terrible question cyclopedia.
Speaker 1: I get what you mean, Zach, though I see where you're doing it from. Encyclopedia salesmen were a thing. They literally had.
Speaker 3: Lots of sex.
Speaker 1: They would literally come to your doors and sell you encyclopedias and it was hundreds of dollars. How much is one run you back in the day, a couple hundred bucks for the whole. It was, as Hawk said, it was the internet before the internet.
Speaker 3: So you want to just read them, shoot all these books out, slide to the bone. God, that was That was like the extra It's like it was like a bonus package.
Speaker 5: You definitely watched a video of somebody selling the cyclopaedia.
Speaker 1: Maybe yet that part might have.
Speaker 3: Changed my view on encyclopedia salesman.
Speaker 1: Fast forward, because that only had like.
Speaker 3: Five tapes and I watched them all about one hundred times.
Speaker 1: They were the pizza men of their day. Yeah, yeah, you gotta who cares how they met get to their the meat scrolling? Yeah, watching the lore was that the scene Chris where they're like, hey, if you can't afford all twenty six books, at least, let me give you the d That's exactly right. It's like the most obvious encyclopedia. And of course Hawk's datu joke. Of course you did all right. The news in a second, Parker Fox is here. This is the power to morning show on the Fan from the one