Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith and.
Speaker 2: Me cover cover cover cover cover cover.
Speaker 1: You see your Father, Then you see.
Speaker 2: Me Jo Some Money.
Speaker 3: AM five seventy ely Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You're home of the Back to Back World Series Champion Dodgers. One hour from now, David Vasse will be along for off season Dodger Talk as he prepares to make his way out to Camelback Ranch that is less than two weeks away. He will be out there with all of the great Back to Back World Series Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 2: But tonight, YEO.
Speaker 3: Here in studio We will be on tomorrow until six thirty, not seven, because the Clippers and Cavaliers will be due in battle tipping off at seven point thirty pm. And as you mentioned earlier, it is a week of food. We want to give you guys food throughout this week or gift cards to get food for your big game party that includes BJ's Restaurant and brew House. Still have to give away that one hundred dollars Bja's gift card between now and the end of the show. It also has to do with Vesti tomorrow, those delicious Focaccia sandwiches and a host of other spots that we appreciate that it fed us throughout the course of the year and we want to share that opportunity with you the people.
Speaker 2: The Great Greek Grill, Vestie and BJ's Food a Palooza, Petros and Money and seventy LA Sports Super Bowl Week twenty twenty six prove all right, we have the final hour fun Fact.
Speaker 3: It's fun in effect, it's the Yeah We're three.
Speaker 2: Fun fun fact brought to you by our friends at Concordia University Masters in Coaching Program in Irvine Coaches Transformer Sports Program, Your career find the next level at Concordia University. Go to CUI dot edu slash coaching. Uh, these are our kind of idea men. Today's fun fact. Eighteen ninety seven, Edinburgh based Pattinson, Elder and Company trained five hundred African gray parrots to advertise their patentson Scotch whiskey. Wow. How did they do that? They taught the parrots to say, oh, by Patterson's whiskey, Ah, send for some Patterson's whiskey.
Speaker 3: They then distributed the parrots to local pubs and offees to promote their brand.
Speaker 2: Five hundred. That wasn't annoying?
Speaker 3: Would you like to take a guess at how that worked?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Well, the cost of the parrots in promotion bankrupted the company. The brothers Pattison were sent to jail for fraud. But another fun fact the reason they came up with the idea to use the parrots in distilling. A parrot is a stainless steel or glass device that sits on the outlet of a still to hold a hydrometer for continuous monitoring of the alcohol percentage. I knew that, all right, Why maybe you did, but you know, come on, do it for you?
Speaker 2: But I also do it for all my life is about. You know. I have a big poster of that Mickterers thing. It is time for the quick hits. Come to the MS quick hits. I'll make it quick, y'all. Pe all right, pee well.
Speaker 3: The biggest news of today is the Beard is no longer near James Harden's gone. He is once again on the move, of course, started in Oklahoma City, signing trade to Houston, Traded to Brooklyn. A Kevin Durant tow on the three point line from perhaps winning a championship and sticking around there for a while, demands a trade to go to Philly. And from Philly he comes here to the Clippers, and now he's super sad with the Clippers, and he is headed to Cleveland to pair up with Donovan Mitchell in an effort to get out of the first round for the Cavs and convince Donovan Mitchell to stick around long term. Harden, thirty seven, making over forty million bucks a year, wants a two year extension worth eighty million bucks. The Clippers said we're not into that, so he said, I'm not into you. He gets sent to Cleveland for Darius Garland, a former All Star much younger twenty six year old point guard who has been dealing with a foot injury all season long.
Speaker 2: Good news for the Clippers, they did add Kawhi Leonard to the twenty twenty sixth NBA All Star Game. After the selection of the initial twenty four All Stars. Leonard was added to bring the number of US All Stars to sixteen, the minimum required.
Speaker 3: It's his seventh career All Star appearance, the most recent twenty twenty four, his fourth with the Clippers, and I think it probably gets a little awkward because everybody speculated he wasn't included because of the scandal reported scandal, alleged scandal about some under the table payments from the Pablo Torre and the Steve Balmer and all that sort of stuff. So now they're going to end up having to ask all of those questions.
Speaker 2: Trey Tung, Tray Tung, there's more, Matt with the Utah Jazz.
Speaker 3: Oh, how about this one. This is the guy that remember Rich Paul, who you heard from a little bit earlier saying stupid s on his stupid podcast, wanted the Lakers to trade for Jaren Jackson of the Memphis Grizzlies and send Austin Reeves out. Instead, the Jazz capitalize and take the former first round draft pick and all NBA performer. They get three. Memphis gets three first rounders from Utah. Remember they got five from Minnesota for the Rudy Gobert trade, so they get three players as well, including former UCLA Brewin and a man with a very large head, Kyle Anderson. Memphis now has twelve first round picks over the next seven season.
Speaker 2: Kyle Anderson's got a big head, sticking your head off, joys case.
Speaker 3: The only team that has more are the Oklahoma City under In Brooklyn Nets. Memphis acquired four first round picks and a swap in the summer that sent Desmond Baine to the Orlando Magic. So picks eventually turn into players, and I guess you know Memphis is going to be able to field two teams with all those picks they got.
Speaker 2: I don't think they are allowed to look at Dncic named Western Conference Player of the Month in January after averaging thirty four points per game in action. Right now are the Lakers taking on the Nets. Nobody cares, Super Bowl sixty Sunday and Santa Clara. Let's get out to Alcatraz, where Jack collins Worth, Tony Dungee, and Rodney Harrison are standing by. Welcome to the Rock, Maria. Am I right. I'm here with coach and Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 3: Tony Dungee and one of the greatest safeties and Hall of Famer in the history of the NFL, Rodney Harrison. And man, guys, we're just having the greatest time here swapping prison stories about machine Gun Kelly and alc a Pone and talking about escape from Alcatraz with Clint Eastwood.
Speaker 2: Like, we just feel so connected to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Guys. Am I right, I'm not even thinking about the game.
Speaker 2: Let's interview some of the people out here in Alcatraz. All right, now, let's go an hour and a half south to Santa Clara.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks, Jack, incredibly enlightening. I'm sitting here on the field at Levi's Stadium.
Speaker 2: Tell us more about that Native American sit in a soulless whole of a stadium. The Pats owner Robert Kraft, like his former head coach Bill Belichick, was not selected into this year's Pro Football Hall of Fame Class Craft.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess Bill Pollion is going to be extra upset because he voted for Robert Kraft. I know I voted for Bob, but I'm pretty sure I voted for Bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Take it to that old man. Matt beat his ancient.
Speaker 3: Skin piece of trash human.
Speaker 2: He was the first time Hall of Fame finalist this year. He did not receive enough votes from the fifty person selection committee, as Steve Hartman explained to us, and already forgot. But the class of twenty twenty six will be announced. I guess they changed the columnar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can only vote for three instead of just voting for whoever you think is a Hall of Famer, which is by last year. As great as it was to see Antonio Gates go in, it was kind of a it feels like this class is lacking a little punch.
Speaker 2: A little light, a little bit. Thursday night is Matt's favorite moment in the whole NFL season. The NFL Honors in San Francisco, Pat Mahomes Senior. Matt was tipping back on Grandpa's cough syrip again back in jail in Texas and after violating the term of his probation for DWI back in twenty twenty four, he accepted a five year probation sentence then, and part of the probation was no more drinking. Well, they said in Tyler, Texas that he was allegedly drinking alcohol again. I don't know how they knew.
Speaker 3: They that binocular strain in his living room.
Speaker 2: I just saw it. That's a violation of his probation. So he's been arrested. He poured some piece knops. It must be more than just a sip of the devil's urine, right, Matt, It must be.
Speaker 3: You would assume, Yeah, you would assume maybe a little little public action, a little a little bit of that. Too bad, you know, too bad? Obviously. Patrick Mahomes Senior, an accomplished athlete of his time and space with the Texas Rangers as a standout pitcher, and his son arguably the greatest football player in the NFL right now. But yeah, it likes.
Speaker 2: The booze, you know. Well, I gotta say it's a good thing you didn't fight John Rocker, because Rocker looks like he would just destroy that skinny drum.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree, I didn't have felt anything. I've been drunk.
Speaker 2: He punched his head clean off, uh, Matt. Winter Olympics news. But not before we get involved with Dodgers pitchers and catchers reporting to cable back ranch, Who's back tamble back February thirteenth, first spring training game here on a seventy Saturday, February twenty first, and the winter.
Speaker 3: We have before we get to the Winter Olympics, pee another international contest?
Speaker 2: Are we kates?
Speaker 3: Are we are we carrying the when are we carrying the World Baseball Classic? Or are we just going to be playing Dodger spring.
Speaker 2: Ring the World Baseball You know that we're not.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just you know, you never know. Maybe the maybe b Long our big boss is like, you know what, let's let's get some of that Team Japan action going here, Let's get some of that Team Mexico.
Speaker 2: When would we have heard this?
Speaker 3: I'm just wondering if it's open for bid, you know, and I'm willing to put a team on out the trash anywhere.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl any word, tim Now we're not playing.
Speaker 3: That's a clown question, bro, Well, paint my face and call me Boso.
Speaker 2: That's a clown question.
Speaker 4: Brough.
Speaker 2: Hey, Matt, you want to ask again about it? All right, Jez, that's a clown question. Rough. Maybe you know schedule. College Football Playoff Executive director Rich Clark was just really a big e for ESPN with a wig and a suit on. It says that the Playoff will not host a game on New Year's Eve for twenty twenty six to avoid playing the NFL Thursday Night game same time. They don't want to mess with the NFL and have their rating hurt. The quarterfinals will instead be held on Wednesday, December thirtieth, twenty twenty six, for the Fiesta Bowl, and a triple header on January first, two days later with the Cotton Bowl, Peach Bowl, and Rose Bowl.
Speaker 3: So oh, nothing like a little bit of Wednesday football. Actually love it.
Speaker 2: Well with Kirk Kurbstreet and his dog can't go wrong. Cannot tell us about the opening ceremony from Italy Matt Friday Man with his baseball team Bonasera.
Speaker 3: It is Friday and it is gonna be Lindsay Vaughn unfortunately not part of the production. Three time Olympic medalist she ruptured her ACL in a recent World Cup crash, but she did say she is going to try to compete in the Olympics. The Olympic champion said, no I can with no ACL that she can't walk away from this chance and what will definitely be her final games. I'm going to do it and a story, so I'm not letting myself go down that path.
Speaker 2: I'm not crying.
Speaker 1: I'm my head is high, I'm standing tall and I'm gonna do my best and whatever the result is, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: But you can never say I didn't try. She does stand tall. She is like almost six feet.
Speaker 2: Morna, come Petro, somebody on AMPI seventy l a sport Petros Papadakis that money snare. This is Petro send Money on demand.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Petro sand Money Show M five to seventy ELI Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. Remember still set to give away that BJ's restaurant in brew House gift card. We've mentioned it since it happened. If you missed it and are interested in the Clippers. James Harden is now at Cleveland Cavalier, Darius Garland and a second round pick are now Clippers.
Speaker 2: Jutting Us now a usc and Seahawks legend a great linebacker where he was an All American and National champion, Fight on Fight, All Fight, All three time pro Bowler, member of the Seahawks Top fifty players of all time. Now he co hosts the All Day podcast covering the Seahawks, Board Believe and Fan Duel Sports. The one and only Lofa Tatupu on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hot. We're happy to have him on. Nobody went harder than Lofa Tatupu in his time. Lofa, what's cracking? Welcome to the show. How are you?
Speaker 4: Oh? That might have been my favorite intro about time and fight off everybody.
Speaker 2: Fight fight on to you loaf. We could talk about that in a little while if you want. But uh, first and foremost, Uh, you know, Seattle's back in the super Bowl. It's a different look. It's a different regime pretty much same GM, but different group of guys, uh than than the group that that you were part of that had so much success. Uh. What do you make of this team? And how much fun are they to cover so closely like you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, that's been incredible and I think it starts, you know, at the top. But you know, GM and coach, you know, that relationship's got to work out for everything else to go forward and uh, you know John, you know, through the years of drafting with t right, they found a ton of you know, future Hall of Famers and probos, all pros. And then it's you know, picking up the same way with Mike McDonald and just thoroughly impressed with McDonald. Uh. You know, he comes in, you last coach, you get hired because they were waiting for him right two years ago, and youngest head coach you know, has to scramble to put his staff together. And all he does is come out the gates hot, going ten and seven, one game away from making the playoffs, and and he was, well I met him, you know in the offseason. He was pretty hot about that, right. You know, it's ten and seven, which is incredible for any coach any year because it's so hard to get a win in this league, never mind ten of them in the year, and he was he was not happy with it. And then you look look up a year later and look where he is. It's no surprise because of his work ethic and the guys he's brought in.
Speaker 3: You mentioned the success last year, LOFA and you know you changed the quarterback position. I mean, that's a pretty big deal. They get rid of Gino, they bring in Sam Darnold. Kind of when that decision was made, what were your initial thoughts and and did you envision it working as as well as it has.
Speaker 4: Well, there's so many variables and factors that go into it, even change at the offensive coordinator position, but specifically in terms of the year that Gino was here. You know, I still believe in Gino. I know he had a he had a rough year in Vegas. But it's it's the time that we're talking about two former Jets quarterbacks, right. I think that's probably the only common denominator or thread, is that two guys that all the face of their franchises respectful respectively that you know, they they started with the Jets, and so I want to take them to that, you know. Uh. But then it's it's great the story that you see with with Sam and like it's just through the ups and downs, he never gave up, he never gave in, He kept he continued to fight on, as they say, and it's special to see, you know, what he's doing now and the confidence restored because he has every physical attribute you could want. Six four two forty can you know, can run make every single throw he can layer it as he did in that last game over two defenders. That was insane throw. So just uh, you know, happy to see him back with that swagger, right like the kid that led us to a Rose Bowl win as a as a freshman or red shirt freshman, took us down on two drives like when you had to have it. I mean, he's done that a couple of times this year and it's special to see and I know that he is is grateful to be back, you know, in the position he's in because he's worked, He's worked his ass off for it.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess we'll stick with the fight on theme the end. I'm sitting here at the Chargers facility doing this right now, So down here a lot of shennon oosu fans and no kind of what he meant in his early part of his career to the Chargers and how good he was and how much better it looked like he was getting. Give us an idea defensively, what is it that's made this one of the best units.
Speaker 2: In the NFL.
Speaker 3: How much of it is the head coach Mike McDonald, the scheme that he's running and who are some of the highlights, you know, beyond Shenna that are making this thing work the way it works.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, big China fan, And I'm sorry to all the Chargers fans. I just don't know why they didn't use him more down there, because I mean, you look at it like per Reush he was one of the most dominant guys. And I said it on the Pie All Day podcast when he came up, I go, this is one free agent sign that no one's really going to discuss or I think that's a big splash. But watch what happens, because he's an energy force out there, like he's built for it. He's physical, he's violent, fast, athletic, and he's just tough, right and sometimes maybe too tough because he was playing through injury the last two years, and it's good to see him healthy. And I think that's probably because of how much depth we have at every position, and it's it's hard to say that there's one guy you got to be careful of. You got Leonard Williams, you know, Trojan right there inside next to Chenna. You've got DeMarcus Lowrence, who's found the fountain youth. Or maybe he was just playing too many snaps you know on defense in ballast, right, that'll wear you down. Not to mention he's thirty four in his twelveth year, I believe, but he looks like he could play another five years. That's how amazing he's been playing. Jared Reed just a veteran presence, and you know he does the dirty work right. And then you got Byron Murphy, who I believe got snub for the Pro Bowl eight and a half sacks as the second year you know, detackleed that was our first pick from the year ago. But they're sat across the board too deep. Ernest jon for those in LA you probably know the name Ernest Jones. That's a bad man. And he holds down in the middle with Drake Thomas and and then the the secondary can't can't quite say regional boom, but they're laying some hits out there. And what this defense is doing is statistically impressive and special.
Speaker 2: Now you don't have to be a usc guy or a Northwesterner to root for the Seahawks in this game, because, I mean, the Patriots are only really liked by New England people. But it's a little dangerous loaf. Everybody's saying that Seattle's supposed to roll over them and they're the far superior team. How dangerous does that kind of talk? How much does it make you worry?
Speaker 4: It doesn't really the yeah, there is always they are a formidable opponent and you never, you know, underestimate anybody, right, you never looked past them. It's it's a super Bowl, and this is what the one game you play to get to like your whole life, assumingly and like as well as the job that you know Mike McDonald's done. You got to look across and as Mike Bravell in his first year with a young second year year quarterback, just everyone's talking about the strict the schedule wasn't very impressive. You can't choose who you play, right like, you can't pick your opponents. But but you can beat them, and it doesn't matter how credit or ugly.
Speaker 2: A win is a win.
Speaker 4: And so I can't believe how how quick he's he's turned it around over there, and you know he's got the experience as a player too to kind of coach them through what they may be going through as a player. And you know, I look forward to a fight. I don't. I don't they know why they're going to lay down or rollover. We are that talented in all three phases, offense, defense, special teams. But you know you got to stay in the moment of every player look.
Speaker 3: For what do you think you mentioned a fight, that's what it's going to look like. But offensively with Clint Kubiak, what do you think it looks like?
Speaker 2: I think so many.
Speaker 3: You know, when when Charbonnay was out there with with Kenneth Walker, it felt like, oh, yeah, it's a team that runs the ball, plays incredible defense, Arnold and Jig Smith and Jigma make big plays. But it always seemed like it went back to that run. And then in the NFC Championship game, I mean, Sam's the truck. He's not a trailer in that he carried this team offensively. Is that what you think we see or do you think this is a grind it out, take care of the football, run the ball style offense.
Speaker 4: I think it's most definitely grinded out right, dude, you don't have to hold of player back, especially wrong with the talent that Sam Ron. Talent that Sam has. It's yeah, you see take and choose your socks and you know what you know, we're not going to say, you know, total green light or red light. We're not going to say that and put restrictions on him. But you know, there we down a distance the situations that Kobe actors like telling him, hey, this is where if you see it, you take it right, whether it's positionally midfield right or or they start creeping up to probably defend the run a little tougher. But I don't see either offense putting the ball at harm's way out the gates. You know, it's, uh, there's too much at risk, especially with the way the Hawks play defense, and uh they're suffocating. Man, they it's incredible, especially when you got we got pin deck. It's like almost always an automatic three. If Sam gets the ball at midfield.
Speaker 2: The great loaf of totupou our guests always a trojan, a lifetime trojan, lofa. You can't be happy. I don't want to put words in your mouth. But but the Notre Dame rivalry not being played at least for a couple of years, it's gotta it's gotta. It's gotta salt you up a little bit. I certainly know it does myself.
Speaker 4: I mean, change is inevitable. But yes, I'm not happy about it. It's like that's the thing you love about, you know, rivalries and then just the tradition of history. Right, it's uh. But but it was funny to see them not get into the playoffs because they didn't have a comfort So there's that.
Speaker 2: Got to take a shot on the way out. Take it the low room.
Speaker 4: That's all right, you got you gotta join a conference if you go off the same rules.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying they have their own TV deal. They're laughing at all of us. Anyway. The great Loafa Tatupu an all around great guy and do not meet him in the A or the B gap because it's just not a great scene for anybody. And he picked the ball off down the field and make moves and do it all. Lofa, you're the greatest man. And a wonderful interview. Thank you and good luck in the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: You take care there he goes love with Tatupu.
Speaker 3: Check out All Day with Lofa Totupu and Brett Davern. That is your Believe In Seahawks' podcast through the Belief Network.
Speaker 2: May the Birds scream loudly through the night in the Bay Area. May they hear the cries from his beak, Echo off the tender look and San Bruno in South San Francisco, Willow Glenn and San Jose, and we'll be back with more petrosid Money on AM five seventy LA Sports. This is Petros and Money on demand this Sunday afternoon. Catch the action of the big game right here on AM five seventy LA Sports, presented in part by BJ's Restaurant and brew House. Grab the thirteen dollars pazookie meal deal at BJ's entre plus a Pazzooki, here's a steal whoa. We will see you at BJ's and right now, since you've waited the whole day, a little something, as Matt would say, for the late people. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy six nine eighty seven two five seventy one hundred dollars BJ's gift card to caller number two because we had two great guests today, Chris O'Leary. Chris Chris O'Leary, the new Chargers defensive coordinator, sending Matt down to El Segundo and Lofa Tatupu, our old friend who puts it down on the Northwest because of his time with the Seahawks, but a great trojan transfer from Maine. A lot of people don't remember that.
Speaker 3: Before You're dead, guy Pee, of course, the big story. We've said it repeatedly for the last ninety minutes since it happened. James Harden no longer a Clipper. He is in Cleveland, well not yet, but Cleveland will play the Clippers tomorrow. We'll have that game at seven point thirty, and James Harden will be in a CALVS uniform pending a physical and the trade being approved and all that sort of stuff. Pretty wild. Doesn't even have to leave Los Angeles. He'll be here to take on the Clips tomorrow night as a cavalier. Darius Garland who's been dealing with a foot injury all season, and a second round pick belonged to the Clippers.
Speaker 2: And Matt you've got the dead guy.
Speaker 3: Birthday of the day, I do, And I remember somewhere around maybe fourth or fifth grade, feeling the weight of the world on my young man, my wei lad shoulders, when a nurse came to our classroom to teach us the Heimlich maneuver, and that it could be the difference between life or death for any of us or our classmates or our schoolmates in the cafeteria or at recess on the playground when adults might not be around the help. That we were strong enough to perform this life saving maneuver, and we had to understand how to do it, and we had to be prepared to stare down death and save someone's life. Big responsibility, Matt, Yeah, seemed like it was a little much for a fourth or a fifth grader, But of course an indelible moment that still sticks with me today. So happy would have been one hundred and twenty sixth to Henry Judah Heimlich. He's more than just a guy who came up with a way to launch a giant piece of stake out of somebody's throat. Was born in Wilmington, Delaware, raised in the big town Cornell drum major of the Cornell Big Red Marching Band, stayed there to get his MD from the Vial Cornell Medical College in nineteen forty three. Greatest generation p and withoud means served in the US Navy set up in China during WW two. When he was moved to the southern edge of the Gobi Desert. In addition to his military duties, the old hippocratic oath thing Man took care of any medical issues for civilians in the small town, and while there he developed an innovative treatment for victims of trachoma, a previously incurable bacterial infection of the eyelids that caused blindness. He mixed together some antibiotics into a base of shaving cream.
Speaker 2: He's too bad he wasn't there for Bob Costas, That's right.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately he was not because it was effective. In nineteen sixty two, he invented the chest andage fluttervalve. It is called the Heimlich valve you see it in all those Nam movies, which allows air and blood to drain from the chest cavity in order to allow a collapsed lung to re expand saved the lies of hundreds or thousands of American soldiers in Nam. But June first, nineteen seventy four p He publishes his views about a first aid maneuver that would bear his name in an article titled Pop Goes the Cafe Coronary in the magazine Wildly Popular Magazine of nineteen seventy four Emergency Medicine.
Speaker 2: Ten days later, the tea geyser of emergency.
Speaker 3: Arthur Snyder, the science columnists for the Chicago Daily News, wrote about doctor Heimliz's findings and a story that was reprinted nationwide, And just eight days after that, the Seattle Post Intelligencer reported that a retired restaurant owner Isaac Piaha read that Snyder article used the procedure to rescue a choke victim, Irene Bugachius in Bellevue, Washington, a story that was then reprinted with nationwide meaning just three weeks after that article, he wrote for Emergency Medicine, this was the biggest medical news story in the nation. The Journal of American Medical Association's next printing referred to the procedure as the Heimlich maneuver. It took until nineteen eighty five. The American Heart Association and the American Red Cross were like, I don't know, man, we kind of like these slapping people on the back things. But they would move to the Heimlich to remedy the problem. But in two thousand and five, Red Cross downgraded the Heimlich maneuver. They returned to pre eighty six guidelines slap the back five times and then go to the Heimlich Oh like.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, okay, because you can't heimlock an infant. You just have to slap the back.
Speaker 3: And they also say for unconscious victims chest thrusts, they want you to just put all that weight on their chest.
Speaker 2: And try to.
Speaker 3: Launch that meat from their inerts. Heimlich was married four kids, died at ninety six. Not from choking, that would be something wow, but a heart but a heart attack.
Speaker 2: It would be It would be really ironic if he was choking and somebody gave him the heimlick and it broke his sternom and killed Yes, well that's good, Matt, appreciate the heimlick. Beating out Dave Davies from the Kinks, the lesser known brother of the Kinks.
Speaker 3: I tucked about him earlier, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Also beating out Daddy Yankee, who I don't believe was mentioned, is the prolific Korean actor Hong Siak chion oh fifty five. Today. He's very big because he was kind of a middle aged actor, and he came out as gay in two thousand in Korea gay gay, which was a cause of considerable controversy. He was on a variety It's a lot of people who are He's one of them. There was a variety show and he was asked about it and he said, yeah, I'm gay. I'm gay, And it was and it was edited out, but the word spread anyway through the whispering Koreans. But he got a lot of jobs after that, hence our titles. He does a lot of stuff. He tried politics but lost. Adopted his sister's two children after she got a divorce.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, she's just like, hey, I'm getting divorced and I ain't gonna raise these kids.
Speaker 2: I would take the children. You go sew your oats. I'be gay. He owns a bunch of restaurants, more than several restaurants that are very popular in Korea. But Matt onto the titles for Hong Siak Chong, thank you for showing the horns are also available.
Speaker 3: Did you hit the horns that so you're thinking yourself?
Speaker 2: No, I was myself available, all right? Ready, ready, The accidental Gangster and the mistaken courtison. That's horns.
Speaker 3: Now you might I didn't want to be a gangster, no, but you know, it's just an accident and this.
Speaker 2: Courteson is quite mistaken. You didn't know what's going on. Uh this I asked my question all the time about you know, all kinds of things. We all asked ourselves this question. This is a title. Why can't we stop them? Not stop them? Not we must stop them? Why can't we stop? Can't we? That's Horns Life Special Investigation Team.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go crickets. M Hm, Dolly and cocky Prince Dolly and khaki prince. Mmm, I'm gonna go crickets. Yeah, that's that's I mean, most princes are kacky, right, they're a holes.
Speaker 2: The prince there, prince not Prince William.
Speaker 3: Vampire not Prince Harry, No, he sucks vampire prosecutor too.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's Horns.
Speaker 3: The first one was so good we had to scramble to get a script for the second.
Speaker 2: Everybody say, kim che Lawrence The Immutable Law of Loving Bad Boys Stephen's season seven. That's Crickets tough crowd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you know, you get the the girl next door paired with the bad boys just seems.
Speaker 2: Immutable Law of Loving Bad Boys. Season that's clearly okay, I'm mad. There was six seasons before season seven. Still not he wasn't in the sixth before. Oh he wasn't. What it said? One, please take care of my refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, enough, he's in it.
Speaker 2: Is this a gay show? Well, he's a gay guys a gay romance. Look, Nathan Lane is gay, also celebrating a birthday. That's I mean, if it's season six, every single Nathan Lane vehicle a gay show. No, okay, same for this guy. It sounds like a reality show. It doesn't sound like, you know, a sitcom. It's not a reality drama television series about drama, and it's about the immutable. But finally, okay, finally, jeez, please take care of my refrigerator. That's deserving of the horns. Good luck to Haym spotlighted hayesng Caminell, Koreans, and the WBC head. Also to Ned Colletti. It's Italian team. We're not expected to win, but we might surprise some people. Send a guy over to the bolt and he starts breaking down your tape, really nitpicking. Hey, I don't like what you're doing here. You're drifting over to the left.
Speaker 3: Just take care of my refrigerator, would you? The dog will figure it out, but I need you to keep an eye on my fridge.
Speaker 2: Have a great night, everybody. David Vasse is coming up next with Dodger Talk. We'll be back on tomorrow three