Speaker 1: The world only goes round by misunderstanding, craging everybody and welcome. It is the one and only Petros and Money Show on AM five seventy LA Sports. We are your home of great sports talk. We are your home of the Dodgers. There is Dodger programming tonight. It will be in the form of the Great David Vasa. David Vassay will be live at Camelback Ranch while the Dodgers are taking on the Reds Tonight. Dave does that. Tomorrow we will have a Clipper game and we'll be on at three o'clock and it'll go till six point thirty tonight though it is a full show and we are going all the way. And as they said in Apocalypse Now, no, whoa, No, that's not what they said. What they said in Apocalypse Now was don't get off the boat unless you're going all the way. And we're going all the way. If somebody loves you, it's no good unless they love you all the way. And our co host today on your so CAW Toyota Dealer celebrity guest host Microphone Dark individual who lives mostly in darkness. When he comes out into the day, into the southern California air. He squints his eyes, shields his face. You know him as the host of Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, a very very popular morning show, very early morning show on the West Coast from three to six every morning on the powerful Fox Sports radio network. You hear him every day here on a five seventy LA Sports. I join him and his partners once a week on Wednesday mornings at five am. He is also the host of the Challenge on NBC along with Mario Soliz and Olivia Rogan. What's that Garvey? Excuse me, Olivia Garvey. I knew she was somebody's daughter. I guess it would be a little awkward if you had Fred's daughter out there with Mario. She's a lovely lady. You never told me what happened that one time. We're hearing Mario got I mean, this is a nice long intro before Peter Murphy starts. It's a nice long intro that we could talk. They gotten a fight over in the wardrobe, right they started fighting about Chloe or something. I mean, it's been a year. I just you know, I just show up and this is what you said last time, and that's a bs answer, you were staying right there.
Speaker 2: Whatever they tell me to do. I get along great with Mario. Olivia is awesome.
Speaker 1: But when they started a big air at each other about.
Speaker 2: It, I just kind of sit that one out. That's uh, I'm good. You guys have at it. I'll sit this one out.
Speaker 1: But you didn't want to tell me about it.
Speaker 2: I will, I will, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you about it right now.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know if now it's the place.
Speaker 1: I want to know what Olivia Rogan said rogue. It is the one and only Jonas Knocks from Fox Sports Radio at the Jonas Knox on Twitter. We're always happy to have him here on the Petro said Money Show. It is always an honor. Sometimes Brogan and Rodney use him. I don't like that. I gotta be honest. Did they use you before we used you? Yes? I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: I don't like a little cross, I don't like crossover. But you're so good that I would, oh, oh here, Peter Murphy, turn it up.
Speaker 3: The lies.
Speaker 1: I'm a little slutty a little bit. Yeah, so, but you're so good, then I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Because I'm not. I'm not that great. I'm like a six. No, No, I'm like a six that you would see at the end of the night and be like, all right, that'll do. So like when you know Don mcclan can't do it or vascinating, it.
Speaker 1: Is not the case. We're always happy to have you, but Steve Hartman, but you're Ryan. It doesn't help that you go on Rogan and Rodney. You know, every once in a while, we're like, can we get Jonas today? You know, Matt's doing this, or Matt's doing that, Matt's Matt's at the Hague. Whenever something like that's going, always say did we get Jonas? And like, no, he's on Rogan and Rodnie that day, because those dudes don't ever work, and it's like du you know.
Speaker 4: Occasionally, you know, you know Fred, your Fred wants to take me home and uh, you know, I'm looking around for you and then I see you getting into a car with Don McLain and I'm like, all right, I gotta make choice.
Speaker 2: All yeah, I gotta make choices.
Speaker 1: Does yesterday I got in the car with George Reister is very exotic night for me. Brother.
Speaker 4: I did want to say, I think today's show is a testament to what forgiveness can do to people. What do you mean, because you know it wasn't that long ago. I was driving around. I think it was a Friday, kind of minding my own business.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I was pulling up to the Jans Marketplace in Thousand Oaks, California.
Speaker 1: Fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was going in to visit my brother and sister who work at my other brother's restaurant, the Sunset Terrace. And we get a thousand Oaks, yeah, and thousand Oaks and I'm getting ready to go in and uh, just getting curb stopped by you and Matt money Smith about some pizzas that i'd gotten the crew. Oh yeah, and you'd sworn me off and said I was never going to be on the show. And the fact that you found it in your heart to forgive me all these months later, I think says a lot about you as a human being. And I just wanted to give you a round of applause for that. I think I just didn incredible, incredible turn of events to show.
Speaker 2: They grudges aren't going to get cheating more in life. You forgive me.
Speaker 1: Money, well, oh thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Spencer Pratt's peaking.
Speaker 1: I forgot Spencer Pratts down the hall talking about Karen Bassu. Yeah, Karena. Well I forgot. Well, I didn't forget the pizza thing, okay, and I didn't forget the conversation. I did forget that I wrapped it or sent it to break with he's never allowed to take up. Well, you know how it is when you do this job. You gotta have something to say, like on the way out, of course, and we'll be back. That bastard's never invited here ever. Again, I don't I don't remember saying that. You did I say it? Uh? Yeah, but it was fair. Well that's just what happened, you know what. Let's let Colin ye do you have your Shnoby music? I don't want you to talk with him?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Drop his phone?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Only?
Speaker 2: Just you just drop your phone?
Speaker 1: Did you? Did I scare him? I'm sorry it slipped. Colin Yee is known as like, well, you know the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you don't.
Speaker 1: Do you need me to do you need me to tell you familiar the Old Testament story? Kill Shanoby for a second. I want to talk about the Old Testament while Shehovy's playing.
Speaker 2: That sounded good.
Speaker 1: H In the Old Testament, Colin and Colin can. Colin's a religious scholar and uh. In the Old Testament, Abraham is rolling around and he's got his brother. His brother's name is Lot, and Lot lives in a bad town, a dirty town, a godless town known as Sodom and Gomorrah. What are they doing there? You guessed it? Sodomy blowing each other up right and left everybody.
Speaker 2: You think you've been run through by it.
Speaker 1: It's like one of those It's like the brothel and Game of Thrones, you know where they go in and walk around like people are in every corner, just.
Speaker 2: Spin.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bad, bad situation and Sodom and Gomorrah. Bad situation. And God, I think, tell me if I'm wrong. God of the Old Testament told Abraham, who's God's boy, really close with God. He told Abraham, Hey, that place there, I'm gonna blow it up too much. Sodomy going down, blowing each other up, ignoring each other all day, and I can't have it. And Abraham's like, no, dude, my brother Lot he's there, and he's a good dude, like he didn't do that kind of stuff. Puzzo's clean, and God's like, okay, all right, dude, you go over there to Sodom and Gomora. You find me eight guys, was it? Including lot?
Speaker 2: Including a lot?
Speaker 1: Eight guys, seven other dudes that are honorable, that aren't just out there running around with her puzzo out like it's Nikki Beach right, and I will spare Sodom and Gomorrah. So Abraham's like, cool, I will go there and I will find eight. Aunt. Certainly there has to be eight honor people. And he went to Sodom and Gomora and couldn't do it. I don't know how many you found, but he couldn't. He couldn't find eight. It's like American me and got yeah coming out today and God and God blew up Sodom and Gamara blew it up. And he told him now, he said, after I blow it up. He gave him my heads up, like I'm gonna blow it up, get out, and he said, once I blow it up, don't you look back like Oasis, don't look back in anger, don't look back at the fire, don't do it. So they didn't. They were all walking except for who the weak willed woman Lot's wife. What was her name, Paris Hilton? What was her name? I think it just said Watt's wife. No, she had a name, let's just call her something. She looked back and she turned into a pillar of salt, like a big assault shaker. That's in the Bible. Why did I reference Sodom and Gamar in the first place I got involved in telling the story.
Speaker 4: Uh, something about forgiveness. Oh yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I feel like the radio world is a little bit like Sodom and Goomor. You can't find a lot of honorable people. So if there is one out there, you have to be able to forgive, You have to be able to forget, you have to be able to move on. But I don't think I was ever actually angry when offended me. Here's the story Jonas bought. And what also bothered me was that Matt Smith, my radio partner, knew the brand, just like a Chicago brand of pizza around. Yeah. So Matt knew it because he's from that area. And he's like, oh, yeah, I bet that.
Speaker 2: Is he from Hammond, Home of the Bears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ham in Indiana, very very prevalent. Now who knew, but he was like, you know, oh yeah, I know that place by me. And then ron he was like, actually I got some and we were like, well, Jonas bought you special pizza for Christmas. It's like yeah, And I was like, well, wow, that's interesting. You know, I go on that guy show once a week. I get up early, go on that show, and I didn't get any pizza. And Ronnie, it was what Ronny that upset me because not only is Matt over here acting like he knows about Malana, Oh yeah, I know all about that, but Ronnie. Ronnie was like. I was like, well, why did you get it, Ronnie? Why would why would Jonah send you pizza? And Ronnie was like him and I have a relationship outside of work. I was just so like, oh my god, on you right, I just I mean, it was bad. I felt like I was getting hit from every level. You know, Matt's talking about I know that place, I'm very well aware, and Ronnie's over here saying like he's very close friends with you, and.
Speaker 5: You know, it's really nice to have friends outside of the radio station. Is in a Jonas's wonderful right right the world and Jonas and I texted each other after that and had a good yuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah look at this, Yeah Jonas good, he called your ass out, punk ass, Petros. Yes, you did say that Jonas was not welcome again because he didn't get you job of the hut, your big job of the hot ass and he pizza.
Speaker 2: Geez, that's unnecessary.
Speaker 1: Well this is what you've this is what you've called, all right, So this is what you've cultivated, this is what you've grown in your sodom and gamara garda.
Speaker 4: Now, in fairness, okay, it's not as if I haven't gone out of my way, out of my way to deliver goods to Petros and money.
Speaker 2: Great sports talk.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you know how hard it is to find Hawaiian chocolates? To tell you something, all right? And you know inflation? Yeah, you know Hawaii. No, you've been you've really sacrificed. I mean, they've spent so much money trying to rebuild whatever a Loja Stadium is going to be. That the place that's really getting the shaft are the airport stores and where they sell and the ABC stores and where they sell those Hawaiian chocolates. So I did bring Hawaiian chocolates to the Petro some money summer tour at Tarantula Hill, and those things were at least four hundred dollars at least at least four hundred.
Speaker 1: That's a freaking lie.
Speaker 5: Now, what did Petros give you a San Pedro Liquor store shirt in return?
Speaker 1: No, there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 5: He gives that to us every year for Christmas.
Speaker 1: That's not true. That's great. It's not bringing San Pedro shirts here ten years ago. Would you rather it be Circus Liquor? Come on?
Speaker 5: Remember one year was the San Pedro beanie that said San Pedro on it gets cold.
Speaker 1: Down there a.
Speaker 4: Correction and retractions.
Speaker 1: All right, Lott's wife was not named, has no name. But how about this colin. Somebody's trying to one of these old Testament types just opened up his his his Torah scroll, and it's trying to hit us back.
Speaker 2: He was saying, hen righteous people. That was no.
Speaker 1: He says, Petros, you dumbass. I mean, Petros, you dumb ass. Sodom and Gomorra wasn't destroyed for sex crimes, Ezekiel, sixteen forty nine and fifty. Now, this was the sin of your sister Sodom. She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned. They did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did destestable things before me. That's the sex. I mean there was sex going on there. Therefore I did away with them, as you have seen, so they ran a brothel. No, dude, no, Ronnie, I'm not asking you to interpret Old Testament scripture. I'm asking Colin to interpret Old Testament scripture. I believe, I believe that my interpretation of the story of Sodom and Gomorra, with some very small missteps, is overall accurate. Am I correct in saying that, yes, very is.
Speaker 4: Somebody church every week was married in a Catholic church. I feel a little embarrassed that I didn't know that story as well as you told it.
Speaker 2: I'm a little embarrassed.
Speaker 4: But now, in my defense, I do go to Spanish Mass, so I mean they could be reciding lines from Narcos.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I just have no clue.
Speaker 4: So I was not familiar with just the in depth knowledge you had on the sodomy that ran rampant in the Old Testament.
Speaker 1: This says, damn p you got double cupped by Ronnie and Jonas. That's harsh. What did what they did to you is worse than OJ the first of all, And I've getten a few Rani tweets. Not everybody's happy with the way Ronnie has purported himself. But I will say this that that what you did to me is worse than OJ. Okay is a story from here, and I will tell that story and then we will go to break. Would you like to hear the story? All right? You know who Kevin figures is of course? All right?
Speaker 2: Years you grew up next to padd O'Brien, Well that's the story.
Speaker 1: Anyone years ago when padd O'Brien worked here, we were all in the studio together and padd O'Brien just he couldn't be stopped. He just he couldn't stop himself, you know, I mean, but he would he would lie. He just say or not lie, but just say crazy things like you like that sweater puff. Daddy got it for me. Now it's yours. And they did it to be like no, you didn't like you see the tag on it, you know, like this is Pasadena Norse from Rack got shit it? You know, it was just it was. It was entertaining, but it was also extremely tiresome, if you know what I'm saying. But anyway, Padd O'Brien was here and.
Speaker 2: Being serious, not joking when he would do these things.
Speaker 1: Generally, yeah, but you never really could tell. And he was in the here and he was bragging about some kind of of outreach that he did for AA or something like that, and he was like, I was down in South Central last night.
Speaker 6: I was down there and the worst place, just the dirtiest place. It just people down there, they don't even They're so low they can't even they don't even know which way is up. I mean, he's really going hard, Like they can't even afford they can't even afford a clue because people have no hope.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're just hopeless.
Speaker 6: And I was able to go down there and reach out and tell my story and inspire others.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, that's cool. Power. You know you went to USC. He spent a lot of time down in South Central. How deep were you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: When he goes I was around seventy seventy ninth Vermont and Kevin Figures, who we all know, grew up on seventy eighth and Vermont because it's in our damn Kevin, and this is not on air, right. Kevin figures is standing there and goes, that's where I live. And Pat, you know, Pat, and we're all laughing at back, goes, actually he was like one hundred and twenty and just completely just fumbled it. And then we get on the air. You know, the show starts at three o'clock. And I told the story. How could I not? We couldn't even keep a straight face, like we're falling on the floor, we're dying. And Pat wrote me, I only read the first sentence, but Pat wrote me like a five page email admonishing me for talking about it on the air. And the first line of that email is what you did to me is worse than OJA.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did not know that's the origin of that.
Speaker 1: That's the worst than oj That's the seventy eighth and Fromont. That's dude. And he was like, that's what he said. He was like, he's so deep, so deep in the ghetto, these people there. You ever hear that this song the ghetto? Oh man? I mean it was just like he just what it's time.
Speaker 4: I remember Pat O'Brien. What I was early on at Fox Sports Radio. This is I mean year, probably sixteen years ago maybe, and I was helping out on the Loose Cannons and it was when him and Steve Hartman were doing the show. Victor Brick might have even been there and Sherman Oaks doing the show at that time. And I'm not an intern. Okay, I've got an intern. I was never an intern there. I got hired, Yes, it was just part time intern. Get me a Cabari literally handed me a cup of ice and said can you go fill this up for me? And I looked at him right in his eyes and I said no, I can't. And he was shocked. He goes, oh, you're not an intern. I was like, no, what do you like? Just the audacity of him to be like, here, go fill this.
Speaker 2: Up for him.
Speaker 1: Remember when him and Hartman we're going to fight that guy on the corner. Don't you remember that some guy got him all riled up on Twitter? And Pat got on the air and went crazy like you kept down here to the corner. Whatever it was for venturable, Yeah, no doubt of insurance. Pulvina standing right here smoking a b bro like, come on down to the corner. Two hits, I hit you, you hit the ground. Hartman will take you to the hospital. Tell Steve.
Speaker 4: It was like, the thing is I I love Steve. I've always got along with Steve. Steve Hartman is awesome. I've always got along with Steve. It's always a fun conversation. But yeah, manat was wild times. There was just he operated at a different level as far as importance that apparently everybody else did that he was around at all times.
Speaker 2: At least that was my read. But I was not aware that that's.
Speaker 1: Very important guy.
Speaker 4: I was not aware that that's where the OJ story came from. I was not aware that that's where that happened at So.
Speaker 1: What you did to me.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: So we discussed the pizza thing that Ronnie and Jonas have a special friendship outside of work.
Speaker 2: You got four hundred dollars Hawaiian chocolates.
Speaker 1: That he adjust those for inflation.
Speaker 2: It's correct, Yeah, based on the market.
Speaker 1: Is there attacks in hawaiim.
Speaker 4: Based on Martin. Hey, we can't build this cheeseburger in Paradise. We'll get it back somehow.
Speaker 1: I'm heartbroken about it.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 1: My Lahina Cheeseburger and Paradise is opened by those two fat chicks. It was my favorite place in the world.
Speaker 2: I mean there's one in Waiki Keys.
Speaker 1: I know, I've been there. It's not the same.
Speaker 2: It's not the same.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, well, appreciate you being here. I'm glad we were able to iron that out. Don McClain will join us live from the Big Ten Tournament where he just called the morning session on M FI seventy LA Sports. Our bff coming on next.
Speaker 2: This is Petrosen Money on to Math Demand.
Speaker 1: Cracking. Everybody, welcome back. It's Petroson Money on M five seventy LA Sports. It's a crunchy groove on Thursday. And who doesn't want to groove crunchier than us? Nobody. We do have some burger talk later in the show, and David Vasse will join us from Camelback Ranch. The Dodgers will be playing in an evening game, but here from Chicago right now, our bff, the one and only Don McClain working for the Big Ten Network calling the Big Ten Basketball Tournament. Here. He is the leading scorer in the history of the Pac twelve, the best of the best. His statues stands strong and beautiful Lemon Park over his hometown of Seami Valley, California. The next hass he kisses will be their. Yet he still works Perpost one the Big Ten Network c AA and right here on lap it's one of our few compensated weekly guests. In fact, our only compensated weekly guest. Jonas No, I'm sure you're being compensated for being here a guest hoster.
Speaker 4: I'm the five seventy side piece apparently, So like Marilyn Monroe to the Kennedy Boys, is Don McClain HOI Don?
Speaker 1: How are you too?
Speaker 3: Good? Guys? Just getting ready quick? Turn around tomorrow again? Two good games today though, and yeah, the Big boys come in tomorrow, so getting ready for that.
Speaker 1: Are you having fun at the tournament? Is it enjoyable? Is it hectic? Are the Big ten guys being cool? Are you having fun in Chicago? Or or is it a slog? How do you feel? Don?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's good and working with Labyrin's great. I can get a chance to do any games with a mission year in the regular season. Last year I did, but we picked up right where we left off, Although I should have alerted him that I was going to make a joke about being the all time leading scorer because he had no idea, so that Joe went right over his head during the game, but hopefully no one else caught that. But no, it's good. It's uh, it's uh, it's it's fun. And when you get good games, it's really fun. We had two good games today.
Speaker 1: How sad is it for for USC? I mean the way they started the year winning the Maui Invitational, that's I mean, most of the time you win that, Uh, nobody usually collapses in the way that us he did, not making the tournament? How bad is that for Eric Musselman? How concerning for USC basketball, which seems to have some momentum as far as signing players, and they have a good arena and you're there a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the thing, pee And look, Eric Besselman's track record tells you he's a good coach, So it's not like he's some new coach trying to figure it out and the jury is still out. Like he can coach. But I will say what's starting to crystallize a little bit here, at least for me, is that if you're going to play the portal game and you're going to bring in eight nine new players a year, it's going to be tough, and especially when you bring in guys with some questionable reputations like Baker Mazara, and you know he was a big problem for them, and so they let him go right before the end of the regular season. But this is what happens when you play that game. It's you don't know because the portal is so fast. All the coaches will tell you it's like speed dating, and so you don't really get to know these kids. You don't bring them on campus, they don't have a weekend long visit, and so you're just taking them based on the fact that they're older and they have good numbers in their career, and you figure that's going to be enough. And sometimes it is for certain players. But sometimes when you're bringing in that many, there might be a couple that kind of undermine your season. And I think if you continue to do that to be a problem at some point. Because se was solidly an NCAA tournament team for a long time during the season and then they lost eight in a row to finish the year.
Speaker 4: Don now that you've been had a chance to do Big ten basketball and be out there at the tournament for a couple of years. Now, what's been the big difference for you and the big separation between that and all those years of the Pac twie.
Speaker 3: It's just bigger Jonas and you can seal it. It's just all the teams come in and they have fans. You know, it used to be in the old Pac twelve, like Arizona would travel. Believe it or not, Utah traveled pretty well to Vegas for the tournament, but that was pretty much it UCLA kind of but here. I mean, this place is full for every every game with every team seemingly even if they're not having a great year. But it's just I didn't rich a great question because I had the conversation yesterday with somebody at the Big Ted, Like, I never really looked at the pack to one, there's anything other than a high major, and it was considered by everyone to be a high major. But it wasn't anywhere close to what this is. What the Big Ten is, It's really not or really wasn't. I should say, what about all.
Speaker 1: Those late nights? I was penned, Pullman Don what does that mean? Nothing? Yeah, basically is the Big Ten gonna get like ten teams in.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get nine in. Indiana was on the bubble coming in and lost to Northwestern last night, so that probably knocked them out. But yeah, they're solidly nine in right now. I mean that's kind of the consensus. Ohio State won today. They were a ten seed coming into today, so they kind of solidified it. But they were really the only one that was somewhat in question. And since they won today, I think you'll you'll easily get nine teams in on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I wanted this is not Big ten.
Speaker 4: It's MAC related, but it's pertinent because for some reason this has turned into a storyline to where there's some thought that maybe Miami of Ohio shouldn't get into the tournament. They lost to U mass they're now thirty one and one on the season per regular season perfect, but they lose in their first game with the MAC Tourney. Where do you stand on that? That just that feels like we're trying to manipulate storylines to have something to talk about, and how varu It just it doesn't it doesn't feel like it's even a realistic possibility they wouldn't get in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was saying because I thought they were going to run the table and be undefeated, that there's no way that you can leave an undefeated team out of the NCAA tournament. And unfortunately they just don't have they don't have anything to compare it to because they haven't played like a Big ten team, and so everybody wants to pile on that they've piled up this record, But I my stance was, I don't care. Does my does my thought change because they lost today? I think a little bit, And whether that's fair or not, I think, you know, if you haven't played anybody, but you're undefeated, okay, But they can't get tripped up by a UMass team, that kind of gives all the naysayers what they needed to keep you out. So I don't know what's going to happen Sunday. I think it's going to be fascinating because as much as this thing is analytics driven now the selection Sunday, and they have all this stuff in front of them, it's still humans making the selections and it's objective, and so it's going to be interesting to see who falls on the metrics driven decision or the I don't know, the human sense of whether they should be in or not. I would guess that they're going to get in just because it's been such a big story. I think that will help them get in. But we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, UMass has Marcus Cambian. That Puerto Rican guy Tom McLean is our guest. We're always happy to have him.
Speaker 3: Wait, he petitioned the courtlibility.
Speaker 1: Camby's back and Caliperry left Arkansas it coach. Real quick, Let's talk a little bit about Michigan down before, because we all know what daemrrow. We know there's so many Euros throughout the Big Ten and these guys, but not only is Michigan the by far the best in the Big Ten, which is a great conference, maybe the best, but how much better are they than everybody else in college basketball? Is this gonna be one of those weird years like Yukon a couple of years back.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, just because they lost to Duke a couple of weeks ago, and I think you know that proved that they can be beat Obviously, Wisconsin beat them earlier in the year on their home floor. But I don't think it's going to be that easy. I still think, and I said it today during one of my games, that I still think they're the best team in the country. A lot of people think Duke is now just because they beat Michigan, But I think once you get into the tournament, the game changes, it slows down, matchups become more of a thing, and I just think when Michigan can go big and play smaller, you can handle anything that's thrown your way. And I think that'll materialize. But I don't think what I don't think what you're saying is going to happen with like what Yukon did, just rolled through the whole thing. I do think they have the best chance to win it all, but I don't think it's going to be like their steamroll and everybody on the way to it.
Speaker 4: How do you explain the turnaround with the Clippers transitioning to the NBA in what whether they were six and twenty one to start out the year, they've traded away two of their three best players, and then here they are first time over five hundred.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: That's a great question, and it doesn't seem like it can't be just that Chris Paul got let go from the team it can't be. I know it's a coincidence, but there's no way. So there had to be some sort of meeting, come together and look, guys, we are far underachieving here right now and we need to get it together. And that happens. It's a long season in the NBA and you're not playing well. Sometimes you just need like a player's only meeting or something like that to get you back gone. But it is hard to explain, especially after they got rid of Harden. But you know, what's it all worth? I mean, you know, they're clearly once they got rid of Zubots and Harden, they're clearly looking to the future. So it's great that they're above five hundred, But what does it really mean.
Speaker 1: I don't know, not much. I guess what about the Lakers playing all great without Lebron? I mean, it seems like these guys, I mean, the way the season started. I'm not trying to hate on Lebron, but the way the season started with Reeves and Luca running around and the way they look in the last few games, is there a correlation there?
Speaker 3: Don I don't know. I've been watched enough to be honest. What I do know is similar to my sentiment with the Clippers is until they get better defensively. Yeah, they're a good team. Yeah they're going to make the playoffs, But are we really talking about a team that contend. No, until that defense gets better, Until that defense gets better, more consistent.
Speaker 1: Don, you're the best. Have fun in Chicago to night, and protect your neck out there in the Windy City. We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I got it, I got neck and back protected.
Speaker 1: Got it my neck, my back, my neck and my back. Oh, Don, aren't you excited that that little dork manager for McNee state that holds the speaker is going to come back to the tournament this year as well? Was he really? Yeah? A mere?
Speaker 4: Aura Kahn?
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember that guy, that nerdy guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. Hopefully hopefully McNeice runs into a Big ten team.
Speaker 1: You stop out his poor speaker. All right, we love you, Don, There he goes Don McCline. Everybody. I guess that guy probably one year's shelf life for con a mere. I mean, people don't seem to be receiving it as well as they did last year.
Speaker 4: Well it's uh, but that the tournament does make stars out of people.
Speaker 2: I mean, so Basically, he's got the dead, the Doun, the nun. Yeah, he's the.
Speaker 1: Uh sister Mary was that her name?
Speaker 2: He's the dorky Kevin Pittsnoggle.
Speaker 1: Sister Jean and you got the Pittsnogle. He was a star in the Love Wally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: More on Miami of Ohio later. I was a good interview with Don. I feel like we're a real sports show, getting the latest in the Big ten tournament, figuring out what's going on.
Speaker 4: Hell, yes, right, Jonah Verry Chicago centric first forty minutes of the show. By the way, with the lou moun naughties pizzas, Don's in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Why did you get a pizza? Well, I'll tell you what we ruled friends Jonas today. Oh really it's a little weird. I mean a lot of Chicago talk, but that's a heavy eight oh five, a musky, heavy box Canyon smell.
Speaker 4: Jonas and MacLean, you're walking their horns on the twenty three right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whites U nite, We'll be back with some reaction. More great sports talk to come. Great Sports Talk Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is Petros Money on demand. Hey, Hey, it is a crunchy groove Thursday. On the Petros and Money Show on AM five seventy. Jonas Knox, the Prince of Darkness is here. And I only say that because he's up working when many of us are not. Three to six am every day right here on AM five seventy and nationally on Fox Sports Radio with two pros and a cup of Joel. What a great show that is.
Speaker 2: WISH on Wednesdays, that final hour.
Speaker 1: Final hour on Wednesday. I come and make my contribution. But right now it is time for some reaction on the secret text do so line. I know you enjoy these, Jonas.
Speaker 4: The secret text us a fine brought to you by your so cal Toyota dealers.
Speaker 1: We make it easy, man. Today is white Guy Thursday, Ain't it Matt being white in Chicago? White Jonas on with your white ass white guy bro love between Ronnie and Jonas. Eight oh five White guy convo just now Miami of Ohio, Super white conversation. What's next? We talking? Max Crosby. I freaking love this. It's our day. It's white boy day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a white people is?
Speaker 1: Jonas trembling in the corner with all this Bible talk, since he's a member of the Prince of Darkness family. Just because Jonas dies beard like Ryan Bay and his hair and has a white complexion, because he doesn't go outside much, does not mean that he's evil.
Speaker 2: No, it got a good grays coming in.
Speaker 1: You're not in a Hollywood baby eating party or anything like that. No, No, but there are a lot of people that are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, look at these, I got grays coming in Petros. There's no beard die here never. I don't know about you. Would you ever dye your beard?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, seems like that would maybe cause some problems, some skin irritation.
Speaker 2: If you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gay, so just it's a lot of people who are. Do you know that? Yeah, I'm not gay, So just it's a lot of people who are.
Speaker 2: Set the iron cheek.
Speaker 1: That's Dwight Howard. Did you see his wife holding up the bag of cocaine. He's on cocaine. This is his problem, this white powder. He's on cocaine. Don't you know cocaine? Can you ask Jonas why there are so many Asian massage places around thousand Oaks? What is going on out there? Does Robert Kraft have a house by the Sherwood or North Ranch. Yeah, and where are they sourcing the talent. It's definitely a white guy thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of those.
Speaker 1: Can you speak to it, I'm not really sure.
Speaker 4: I've actually never had a massage. I've never gone and had a massage.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting that you say that, Yeah, because for so long when I was a football player, I had a really bad injury and because of that, I had to have somebody massaging, touching, poking, shooting up, doing something to my right foot every day for about twenty twenty months. And after that, I've never wanted to be touched again. Like I've always really cringed it, like doctors anything. And I never used to be like that before. But after that, I never took had a sports massage or anything like that. And a couple months back, I hurt my shoulder and I started getting like a like a sports massage is at my sister's yoga studio. Missus comes in and does it, and I'm I'm I surprisingly, I've dealt with it pretty well. That's just I'm not upset with it, like it's good, like I need it, Like she's not touching my crippled dead guy foot so you know, it's no big deal. But it was like I was a little nervous about it, and I don't know, you know, I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Well, And also, how do you know you're gonna say no? Is the other problem?
Speaker 1: This is a professional thing.
Speaker 4: Come on, you know, all of a sudden, you know, somebody walks in, you know, and it's a Chloe Kim stunt double. Like I mean, I mean, there's some guys who won't be able to resist that, and I just I don't want to. I don't choose to go down that road. I've had massages from physical therapists, you know, for I got a I got a bum hip, got a real bum hip. You're gonna have to get a probably because they dislocated my kneecap years ago at a family reunion drunk playing basketball. I heard about that. Yeah, change my gait. So then it started riding in them. I already, God, it's really bad.
Speaker 1: Put like Midgate looking over like, yeah, yeah, it's really bad. Gates really changed.
Speaker 4: So like they've already said, yeah, there's arthritic stuff going on with your hip. You're probably gonna need to get it replaced. So they had to work out the pureformists one time, and I was unaware of what the pureiformis.
Speaker 2: Are in there.
Speaker 1: That was a bit uncomfortable. Well, they're pushing the blood up towards your your memory.
Speaker 4: That was a bit uncomfortable. That it's not what i'm and it's indoors. You can't blame it on the wind, you know, good Lord Jonas, you know man. So I'm not taking my chances at one of those Asian massage parlors in Thousand Oaks, and there's a lot of them, small radius.
Speaker 1: I had a request. But if you're going to the one where they don't grab your puzza, you'd be pretty bed at.
Speaker 2: I don't know that those exist.
Speaker 1: Okay, it gets you. You know. It's like they say in football, if you hold them on every play, they're not going to throw them, all right. I have a request. I don't know if you've ever heard this song before. Have you ever heard of Gil Scott Heron? No, God, Gil Scott Heron's like a famous spoken word black guy, like jazzy and very militant, and we're talking you ever heard the song? The Revolution will not be televised. I don't know, okay, well that is Gil Scott Heron. It's spoken word. But this is the great in honor of Whitey Day. Yeah, this is. And I want you to listen to a few of the lyrics and I will explain them to you. You know, people were very upset back in the sixties when they shot those guys up to the moon, buzz Aldrin and all that, and a lot of the people were like, hey, we got a bad situation here at this tenement in Brooklyn or whatever, and you're sending people to the moon. You know, we're hungry down here. You know, this is like mean streets New York, like, you know, and the like.
Speaker 2: It was a sound stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah well ba wait we can talk about that later. But Gil Scott Heron's interpretation was very biting. With the song Whitey on the Moon. Have for poem here. It's called Whitey on the Moon. Now wait stop it. And my favorite part about it is a rat done bit. My sister nell, her legs and arms have begun to swell and white He's on the moon. It was inspired.
Speaker 7: It was inspired by some whities on the moon. So I want to give credit where credit is due to the whites.
Speaker 1: That's us. Here we go bongos. It's like the World Baseball Classic, Jean Puerto Rico coming up. A rat dune bit.
Speaker 7: My sister nell with Whitey on the moon, began to swell and white he's on the moon. I can't pay no doctor bills, but white he's on the moon. Ten years from now, I'll be paying still while white he's on the moon. You know, the man jumps up my red last night because white he is on the moon. No hot water, no toilets, no lights, but white he's on the moon. I wonder why he's up in me because white he's on the moon. Well, I was already giving him fifty a week, and now white.
Speaker 3: He's on the moon.
Speaker 7: Tax is taking my whole damn check. The junkies make me a nervous wreck. The price of food is going up. And as if all that crap wasn't enough. A rat doune bit. My sister now with Whitey on the moon, her face and arms began to swell and white he is on the moon. Was all that money I made last year for Whitey on the moon?
Speaker 1: How come I ain't got no money here? White is on the moon.
Speaker 7: You know, I just about had my bill on Whitey on the Moon. I think I'll send these doctor Bill's a male special.
Speaker 2: To Whitey own the Moon.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm talking about Now there's a bedtime story.
Speaker 1: We are Whitey on the Moon. It's white Guy Day here on the Petroson Money Show. That's for you, Joe.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Hey, you listen, man, you know, I mean it really bothers me used to being white. We have a whole Black History Month, we have all this stuff, we have Wakanda, we have all these people talking about this and that. We have Latinos. But nobody's gonna talk about Gil Scott Heron and Whitey on the Moon. Nobody wants to remember what Troop was like, nobody has any sense of history.
Speaker 4: And by the way, how can white people get like the fake event they've been selling us that's ours, Like, why do we get that one?
Speaker 2: Why can't we have another event?
Speaker 1: It was all white guys that were up there. I mean, if they sent a black guy over to the sound stage, it might have been a different story. In this Cubrick went over to shoot the black guy. I have been different.
Speaker 2: Stood out more against the moon drop created.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, it's Garrett Morris BB King available. But my thing is like, I don't see how your sister being bitten by a rat has anything to do with the space program. Yeah, I just that's a pretty hard I mean, I understand the emotional connection that heron made, but in honesty, like what does NASA have to do with a rat beating eating your sister Nell's face?
Speaker 4: And also not much. You shouldn't feed rats. If a human goes near a rat, they run away. Well that's kind of the problem.
Speaker 1: Nel was probably laying there in a bad, you know, bad situation, maybe government housing, and a rat done bit my sister Nell. Her face and arms have begun to sway.
Speaker 4: You know what I would have said riverside, like I wass thinking about like I moved the drill.
Speaker 1: Stewart arms kind of look like the staypuff arms.
Speaker 4: Like like the kid on Christmas Story arms are you're wearing one of them jackets?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, thank you for playing that. We'll be back with your word number. Song of the day. It's Petterson Money on Amphi seventy elis