Speaker 1: The quest for the three-peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We're getting ready to run it back.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show, call 866-987-2570. And be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Basset.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vasse with you on this warm Labor Day weekend after the Dodgers bats warmed up a little more too tonight as they scored five runs to beat the Nationals 5-3 in game one of this three-game series. Phone lines are open at 866-987-2570. Interesting how the phone lines don't really light up the way they do after a couple of nights ago. I guess the Dodgers have satisfied you again. I mean, I've been saying that the Dodgers are certainly one of the.
Speaker 3: Better teams in all of baseball.
Speaker 2: They just obviously are not going to be able to win rise to the occasion every single time they play a team like the Tigers or the Royals or even the Nationals. The Dodgers, with their 84th win of the year, have a 10-game lead in the NL West and are tied with the Braves for the number two seed in the National League postseason picture. So that's where it stands right now. And really tonight was about, in my mind, four guys. Blake Snell, who, again, was dominant, six scoreless innings, seven strikeouts, and only two walks. And Snell, since coming off the IEL, has pitched 29 innings, has allowed just three earned runs, has thrown two scoreless outings, and has 38 strikeouts and 12 walks. I've been telling you, even before Snell became a Dodger, he's this guy. His only challenge is to stay healthy for a full year. I think we all have to accept that maybe Blake Snell at this stage of his career is a 20 to 25 star guy. And there's nothing wrong with that, especially when you're on a team like the Dodgers, when all that really, I shouldn't say all that really matters, but October is way more emphasized here for obvious reasons.
Speaker 3: And Here's Snell. He didn't rush it.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers did not allow him to rush it after having that nanoscope procedure. And how about that? Scooble and Snell having that nanoscope procedure. Scooble's only took 30 minutes. Snell's took two hours. But the same surgeon performed the nanoscope procedure, and that's the guy that came up with it, Dr.
Speaker 3: Neil Eletrosh.
Speaker 2: I mean, we got to give that guy some props because a lot of guys would not be back pitching after all that. So that aside... I didn't need to see 29 innings and only three earned runs. Some people act like they're surprised over this. How can you be surprised? And that's been my biggest issue all along with the way broadcasters, media, and fans treat Blake Snell. Put some respect on this guy's name. He's won two Cy Young Awards. He's thrown a no hitter just three years ago. He carried the Dodgers along with Yamamoto to the world series pitching wise. I mean, this guy doesn't shy away from the big stage. And now all of a sudden I'm getting texts from guys like Brad Paisley saying that Snell should be the game one starter. Oh, how the tide has turned. And then my guy, Oral Hershiser says, giving Blake Snell the ultimate compliment, calling him a pitching savant. I knew that about him. I tried to explain that to people before. But obviously, when it comes from Oral Hershiser, that's the ultimate validation when you get that type of compliment in the middle of a game. And look, I've experienced it. I've experienced it. When Snell was on the Padres, we'd be watching some of the Dodgers taking live BPs. And he would tell me every hitter's strength and weakness. We'd look at the opposing dugout. He'd tell me every Dodger's strength and weakness, how he would attack them. And before his last start, he was showing me guys that, you know, how he would attack. There's a great photo that I posted on my Instagram story, you know, with him with the binder.
Speaker 3: He has that binder. He does his homework.
Speaker 2: Hunter Fiducia told us before his last start in Detroit, it's a real eye-opener when you go into the game-planning room with Snell before a start, and he's just rattling off quickly what he's thinking with each hitter. He's calling the pitches with his pitch comms. So at some point, the baseball world is going to have to give this guy his respect, and And I don't believe it needs to come after the way he's pitched. I don't believe it should have come last October. I mean, everybody was at his feet fawning at him after the way he pitched in Philadelphia and in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: That should have came before.
Speaker 2: And I feel like now everybody again is now on the Snellzilla bandwagon, which is fine.
Speaker 3: He takes names.
Speaker 2: And I do believe he needs to pitch with a chip on his shoulder to be successful. I've known some players that do that and he certainly is one of them. 866-987-2570 is the phone number. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Snellzilla on Sportsnet LA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel good. The fastball location is getting better. I got to move it around more. So I'm looking forward to do that. Land curveballs a little more in the zone. I just can't be walking guys that I know I can get out. Just got to get ahead, quit trying to be so perfect and just attack, get ahead. Yeah, I'll fund myself with being able to go deeper in the game. Going six is cool. That's a good starting point. I really want to go 7, 8, and I want to get to 9. For me to do that, I've got to locate the fastball more, throw more strikes, and get early contact for outs. Overall, though, a lot of weak contact. Happy about that, but I can still execute a lot better.
Speaker 5: In general this is your only your fifth start since coming off the aisle do you feel though that just where the stuff is at where your body is at like things are in a really good position um.
Speaker 4: Yeah i just i think it'd be way better like yeah i think it's going good um because i've just pitched in this league so much and i understand hitters and I'm starting to adjust quicker, which I'm getting excited about. I go out there with a plan to be able to adjust and get quick outs off of that or get ahead to get strikeouts. It's starting to get quicker, which I'm extremely happy about with that, being able to go out there and be like, no, I'm going to throw this instead. So I'm happy about that, but, yeah, I just... I think I could be way better.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 4: I think I can locate the fastball in, out, up, down. I think I could do that better. Right now I'm just missing. I'm around the zone, but just missing. I think I could be even better. So I just got another week ahead of me of really good practice and focus and great catch and getting my body in great positions to be able to repeat. Yeah, I like where I'll be.
Speaker 3: All right. There's Blake Snell on Sportsnet L.A.
Speaker 2: After pitching six scoreless innings, but still not happy with himself. And I saw him in the Dodger dugout after he came out. Dave Roberts gave him a big hug and he was about to walk away. But Snell wanted to, you know, really explain to him what was going on on the mound. during that start tonight and really explain his thought process. And he really does respect Dave Roberts' authority. You know, I know on the caliber of athlete here, it's not close. But I remember when Shaquille O'Neal had a coach he could respect and Phil Jackson, he respected his authority. And that's the way Blake Snell is. looks at Andrew Friedman and Dave Roberts. He respects their authority. If they tell him to do something or they don't feel like he's giving enough of something, that will hit home with him. And you saw that in the dugout. I've seen that with Andrew Friedman. When he respects those type of positions... He gives that type of authority a lot of ears, and he really lets it sink in. 866-987-2570 is the phone number. Dodgers behind Snellzilla. Beat the Nats 5-3. Let's go out to Whittier. Roman, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Roman?
Speaker 6: Hey, Mr.
Speaker 7: Vassie.
Speaker 8: I'm just calling to tell you big thumbs up on your part. I don't know if you remember the day before yesterday there was a caller who and he wanted to down talk Teoscar Hernandez, and you put a stop to it right away.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you.
Speaker 8: Talked to Teoscar before the game, but he brought in that winning run, and the Dodgers won.
Speaker 5: So big thumbs up on your part by putting a stop to it, and go Dodgers.
Speaker 3: All right, Roman, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Teoscar Hernandez really has been seeing the ball well since that series in Detroit. not just the Saturday game. He was on base three times Friday. So this has been coming along now for the last 10 days, 10 games.
Speaker 3: And it was great to see him.
Speaker 2: Carry over the heroics from last night to something early in the game tonight, driving in two runs in the third inning. So that was big for his confidence as well. So I love seeing that. And Props to Kyle Tucker for hitting a home run tonight at Dodger Stadium for the first time since June 15th. Let's go out to Orange. Gary, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Gary?
Speaker 1: Good, David.
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. You know I love a Snellzilla night, a Snellzilla win.
Speaker 6: Hey, I was going to call you last night. I don't want you to think I'm jumping on the bandwagon about Blake Snell, but I was going to call you last night because I'm looking back at the Detroit game where he pitched and And I was so impressed with what he did in that game. I think he pitched five innings or something, right? Struck out 10. You know this backspin. But I was impressed. I was kind of on the fence about him either way. But that game, he hung in there and he did a hell of a job, even though I don't think he really was recognized for it. So I was going to call you last night to tell you this. I just didn't want you to think I was jumping on the bandwagon tonight.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's okay. Jump on the bandwagon. But you got to stay on with guys like Snell. Especially you got to stay on with a guy like Teoscar Hernandez. He doesn't get enough credit for having such a big hand in the Dodgers winning the last two Octobers without Teo.
Speaker 3: I mean it.
Speaker 2: You can't spell October without Teoscar. Without Tao, you can't. And I just think there's a resume behind my confidence of these players, certain players. And that's the reason why I'm so convicted when I back those guys up.
Speaker 6: I agree with you. I mean, I think after I was just so impressed with the job that he did because he was so tenacious. He struck out 10, I think, in that game, didn't he? But he had a lot of runners on base. I think they had about, I think they were like two for 10, the Tigers, runners in scoring position. But he did a heck of a job. And anyway, I wanted to tell you that I was so impressed with his performance that it doesn't surprise me that he's doing what he's doing now.
Speaker 3: All right, Gary, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Duly noted. You're on the record now. Don't get a lot of compliments for Snell. You know, it's interesting. All the starts that he's made since coming back, all I hear about is Otani. All I hear about is the bullpen. All I hear about is the offense. But when Snell pitches well, there's not too many Garys out there that give him his props. He's done his job, and him and Yamamoto are going to be a formidable one-two punch for to start October. And look, I love Tarek Scooble. I believe he's really good. I believe we haven't seen the best of Scooble with the Dodgers, but there's no denying that Snell's been more dominant than Scooble since both those guys started to pitch for the Dodgers. Again, Scooble being traded, obviously Snell being activated off the IL. That is a, that's a fact, Jack, let's go out to Las Vegas. Sergio, you're on Dodger talk.
Speaker 3: How are you doing?
Speaker 9: Hey, David, nice to talk to you. No, I have to jump on the bandwagon here and give tail and Mookie and, and Tucker today, you know, I know he's been struggling throughout the year, but you know, hopefully he'll turn around. Maybe the, the bright lights of the post-season will get him going, but tail seeing tail go, you know, tail had such a great spring training. And I know during the season, he hasn't been the tail that, that we've loved. But I think maybe he's going to finish up strong, and then you just touched on the starting rotation, starting with Snell.
Speaker 1: I mean, Snell and then Glass.
Speaker 9: Glass now has been great, and then Scubo, hopefully he's been pitching great. We just need the run support. If they get the run support going, I think hopefully the 3P will happen, Dave.
Speaker 2: All right, Sergio, sounds like a good plan. Thanks a lot for the phone call. Appreciate it. I got to give Caber Ruiz, a former Dodger and now at the Nationals, got to give him some props because before the game he was telling me, hey, don't give up on Tucker. When October comes around, you're going to see Tucker. And I said, all right, I'm coming back tomorrow. We're going to talk about what you saw tonight. So I'm interested what he has to say after probably taking, you know, not a victory lap because he hit a homer off his team and they lost.
Speaker 3: But Caber Ruiz, the young.
Speaker 2: Catcher, certainly is is among others that believe Kyle Tucker cannot continue to go the way he'd been going. And October is a different season. 866-987-2570 is the phone number. Let's hear from Kyle Tucker. He spoke to the media on Sportsnet LA.
Speaker 10: How good did that swing feel?
Speaker 6: It was nice.
Speaker 10: Just able to contribute right there and put a good swing on the ball and have it go out. Overall as a team, just kind of grinded through the game and just put up some run support for Blake and bullpen to the rest as well. Does getting to 99 at the top of the zone like that tell you about where your swing is at this point? That's nice. Being able to stay inside and throw a ball like 99 up and in. Puts me in a good spot to have success, so just try and replicate that again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you'll be able to find anything repeatable with the swing at all, especially the last couple days?
Speaker 10: I know there was some frustration yesterday, too, but be able to find something you can carry to the next day at any point? Yeah, just try and put up competitive at-bats. Just try and take my walks and try and move guys over and take my knocks whenever they come. Just try and keep the line moving. If we do that as a group overall, it'll put us in a good spot to put up runs.
Speaker 2: This season, the overall picture is what it is for you, but what are.
Speaker 11: You looking to do in September to get ready.
Speaker 4: For the first season?
Speaker 10: Just keep going forward. We've still got 20 or 30 games left of the season, so just trying to feel good going into the playoffs. We've still got plenty of games left to finish out the season, so just try and build some momentum just overall as a team and just try and carry that into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Kyle Tucker on Sportsnet LA. Like we talked about when Pahez went down, I believed the Dodgers needed three guys to step up in the absence of Pahez. And that was Mookie Betts, Teoscar Hernandez, and Kyle Tucker. Well, Teoscar Hernandez and Mookie Betts have started to look like themselves the last couple of weeks. If they get Tucker going here down the stretch, that's the right time to get a guy swinging the bat really well. Freddie Freeman has talked about that. For a long time, you want to be swinging your best going into October. And if Kyle Tucker can start swinging his best right now going into October, that would be a huge boost. And Pahez will be back by the end of the regular season, probably. And Will Smith is back. So all of a sudden now, This lineup's a little bit deeper. If those three guys continue to do what we saw tonight, all three guys drove in a run. Tucker with the home run. Mookie, two for four tonight, drove in the first run tonight and scored on Teoscar Hernandez's two-run double. So a good night for those three guys. A great night for Blake Snell as the Dodgers defeat the Nationals 5-3 on 570 LA Sports.
Speaker 7: Dodger fans, this is Blake Snow. You're listening to the home of the back-to-back world champion Dodgers on AM 570 LA Sports.
Speaker 5: The 0-1.
Speaker 3: Tucker with a fly ball to right.
Speaker 1: Heading on back is Cruz and it is gone.
Speaker 3: A home run.
Speaker 1: Kyle Tucker's 12th home run of the year and the Dodgers now lead 5-0.
Speaker 2: Kyle Tucker with his third home run of the year at Dodger Stadium. His first home run since June 15th. He hit that ball well over 100 miles an hour. It was a no doubter to right field as the Dodgers defeat the Nationals tonight. by a final score of 5-3. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast for your chance to win a $ 50 Daniels Jewelers gift card. Visit am570lasports. com, use the keyword home run, and to your name you could win Daniels Jewelers' Own the Dream. In just a moment, you'll hear from Dave Roberts give us the latest update on Shohei Otani.
Speaker 3: But first.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose Mota, everybody's jumping on the Snellzilla bandwagon. Even my guy, Oral Hershiser, was impressed tonight. What did you think about the way he pitched tonight?
Speaker 12: I thought his stuff was really good. You know, his comments, which is so refreshing to hear every time he pitches. He never talked about his stuff not being good. He talked about command, which is the one thing that he knows he needs to have a little bit better. But you ask any pitcher on that staff right now, Dave, and any Bigley staff, if they will take the stuff he had tonight in any given night, spring training, regular season, October auto care, that was very good stuff well utilized against a team that, as you mentioned, can go out there and put up a lot of runs. This team is second in the big leagues in run score behind the Cubs. And they fight for you. We saw it at the very end. But, man, Snell is just superb in just mastering what he calls just the artistic part of pitching, which is go out there and show different angles. go out there and show different quadrants, miss when you need to miss near enough, but then have those chases. What are those chases coming from? They're coming from the stuff in 97, 98, what he needs to, but also having that bender going downwards that can really make your eyes go in one direction before you know it. You're already catching up with a fastball up. That was just a superb art of pitching right there by that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was really keying in on how he would attack James Wood, who was in his second game back off the IL with an oblique strain. And in his first at bat, when he struck him out looking, he was really trying to establish not just his fastball, but again, the upper part of the strike zone up and in on Wood. And then he started to go away from him the second time around. What'd you think about the way he attacked James Wood?
Speaker 12: If you look at the results, curveballs, both of them looking on try counts.
Speaker 3: Tall guy, right?
Speaker 12: And that's what I'm talking about. This guy just understands what it is to set up a guy, even on the stature and size. Guy's up in the zone. The guy's tall, okay? He wants to extend the arms. That's one thing. With James Ward, you've got to be very careful because he likes to extend, but not to extend to pull the ball, to go center field and the opposite field like a right at batter. And what Snell does, he gives you enough pitches to close enough, different velocities, different quadrants, and the ability to go out there and spin it and give you something different to look at to set you up. So, you know, James was thinking, okay, if I get on the fastball and I'm early, it's not where I want to be. I want to be able to just pop the fastball middle of the way and hit it the other way far, right? But with snow pitching, not anything about, okay, now he's got the bender. He's got the rainbow coming at me, you know, all colorful, you know, 12 to 6, the real troubles. And then the slider was not even present today because they didn't need it. So Based on three pitches and mainly two pitches, that's what he does against the guys like Wood to say, I don't know what's coming, but if anything, let me just be a little bit late on the fastball, which is what happened later in the game.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota is joining us, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast after the Dodgers defeat the Nationals tonight 5-3. All right, Jose, we got the three guys that the Dodgers need to produce going on the same night. Mookie Betts, Teoscar Hernandez, and Kyle Tucker. How high should we get our expectations that this is going to be routine the rest of the year?
Speaker 12: It can be routine the rest of the year if those guys just do what they're doing right now, which is just staying with the process and believing that through five-plus months of the season. going back to spring training six plus months, this is where you want to get to a point where you're comfortable enough. Swing the bat. It's not about overworking anymore. You don't need a lot of extra repeat. You don't need extra repeat right now. You need repetitive swings that are consistent with what you're trying to do. The league has shown you how they're getting you out. You have shown yourself how you're getting yourself out too, which is a big part of growing and maturing as a player. and mature as the season progresses. A guy like Mookie Betts, we see the pitch selection is getting better. The lazy fly balls are disappearing. He's getting a little flatter through the zone and finishing the swings. To Oscar Hernandez, two things, and talking to him the last 10 days or so, be on time, which is sometimes hard to do when your legs are not there with you, and finish with two hands. Go back and look since Kenley Jansen's ball that he almost hit out of the ballpark. His finishes are getting better because he's not letting go of the bat. And, Dave, sometimes, like, when you tell yourself, like, I like to ask her, finish with two hands. You're actually covering, like, three different spots, which is be there. Your hand's going to be flat. Your swing's going to be better. And when you make contact, finish off the swing. So it kind of looks like reverse psychology and thinking step, watch the ball, all those things. When you tell yourself two hands together, finish off the swing, it just makes everything so much easier and simple thoughts. And on Kyle Tucker, here's one thing. He has a lot of check swings in hitter's counts. At this point, Dave, there's nothing he can lose. There's no more he can lose than to say, you know what? Forget about it. I'm just going to go out there and just hack. Just swing the bat hard. Come off your feet. I don't care, whatever it takes, because at this point. you'd be in challenge. You see a lot of fastballs. So why not just let it happen? You know, when you hit foul balls, hit them far out that right field pole and just let the opponent know that you're true and be determined. And we see more determination. And with a big team at bat today, with a nice line at first base, turn into results later on because, you know, the rewards were there for them.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose. The Dodgers took care of business tonight. I felt like they may have been able to score a few more runs, but we'll take five tonight. and the Nationals didn't go away. They're still dangerous all the way to the final third out. They scored three in the ninth inning, but the Dodgers hold on for a 5-3 win. So I'm looking for at least five more tomorrow. Get Cade Cavalli out of that game early and get to that shaky bullpen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, if you don't get five, get three, but make sure you hold those guys down because you've got to go out there and play defense as they did today to hold back a team like the Nationals. And by the way, winning without Otani in the lineup, let me tell you, this is really big at this time of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it takes a lot of pressure off having to force him back in there, no doubt. We're going to hear from Dave Roberts in a moment. Thanks for checking in, Jose. Siempre.
Speaker 12: Bye.
Speaker 2: There he goes, Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. The Dodgers beat the Nationals tonight 5-3, and tonight's game brought to you by Modelo, the mark of a fighter. Let's go out to Newport Beach. Mike, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Mike? Good. Thanks, Dave.
Speaker 5: And thanks for all you do and the insight that you give all to us. You give it to us straight up. You know, it seems like the Dodgers have struggled against left-handed pitching. So you made a comment about playing Teoscar and Rojas more, and it was good to see them in the lineup tonight, even though they might not have produced too much. But I think that's one of the reasons why the Dodgers went out and got Scooble so they wouldn't have to face him in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a factor.
Speaker 2: If you had to face Mizorowski and Scooble, that would not have been ideal. If you had to face Chris Sale and Scooble against the Braves, that would not have been ideal either. And if he would have gone to the Yankees with Garrett Cole and Max Freed and Cam Schlittler, that would not have been ideal. Or even Tampa Bay, that would not have been ideal. So yes, and that's why So many sour grapes around baseball that the Tigers like the players the Dodgers had and didn't take what other teams believe to be a better package. So there's other teams understand that as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, thanks, Dave. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: All right, Mike.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the phone call. I did mention earlier that the Dodgers now are 2-0. with Shohei Otani not in the starting lineup, back-to-back nights for the first time this season. Dave Roberts joined us before the game today, our weekly manager's meeting presented by Downey Hyundai, and we talked about where this may be going with Otani.
Speaker 3: Is it going to.
Speaker 2: The IL level, or is just a couple of days off going to do the trick for him physically? You might be getting tired of answering Otani questions, but he's a big piece of your lineup, and where is this going?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I absolutely get the questions. I think right now, I think the easy answer is it's day-to-day. I do know that once we hit the three days of inactivity, there are days that you can't get back as far as backdating. So we'll have to make a decision on that fourth day. But right now, yeah, yesterday down, today down. So we'll see how tomorrow goes.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see how tomorrow goes. And that should be Sunday is that fourth day. So we'll find out on Sunday whether or not Otani is going on the I.L. or if the Dodgers are going to play this day to day for, you know, the rest of this homestand. But it kind of feels like, you know, you look at the Dodgers schedule, not just the Nationals, but then you got the Reds after that. You're telling me you can't put up series wins against these teams without Otani? I feel like the Dodgers are known so much for the big picture. Why not go with the big picture here with Otani? And the way Dave Roberts described it to me, the way Andrew Friedman has described it to me, is Otani has been very agreeable. He's not trying to, you know, put his will out there ahead of the team.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: when, when people say things that don't know, because nobody talks to Otani, he hasn't spoken to the media in almost three weeks. So nobody really knows, but I talked to Andrew Friedman yesterday. I talked to Dave Roberts today with our managers meeting presented by Downey Hyundai. Both of them said that Otani has agreed, whatever is best for the team, he.
Speaker 3: Will go along with.
Speaker 2: And I think that's part of the Japanese culture, respecting authority, but also the fact that I'm sure Otani says, yeah, thank you for taking this out of my hands because I'm not feeling my best, and I don't want to go out there and hurt the team and hurt myself. So you got the Reds after the Nationals. You got the Marlins and the Reds again. You could backdate this to the last game or the first game against– I guess you could backdate it to the second day, I'm sorry, Wednesday against the Cardinals. So you could possibly have Otani back in Cincinnati where the Dodgers could possibly clinch the NLS division and him being in the lineup would be sweet to have that. But I don't see any drawbacks to having Otani go on the IEL because it's not like the Dodgers are fighting for a playoff spot. I know it would be advantageous for them to have one of the top two seats in the National League, but they're in the playoffs. And if you're going anywhere this year, you're going to need Otani to be a force offensively, especially in the first couple of rounds. So I tend to lean that if the Dodgers, if you had to say, make a, give us an opinion, what do you believe? Otani going on the IL or not? I think he's going on the IL.
Speaker 3: I really do. Especially after what we've seen the first two nights. They're 2-0.
Speaker 2: The offense is humming right now. The last two, well, I shouldn't say that. It was humming in the ninth inning last night, and Tommy Edmond, who's the leadoff hitter, really started that rally. And then tonight, the offense did enough to win. So like we talk about, it's always about the big picture with the Dodgers. If we're going with history, if we're talking about big picture with the most important player, I'm saying that they're going to put him on the IL unless there is a drastic improvement when he shows up at the ballpark tomorrow or even Sunday afternoon. Don't forget, Sunday is a night game, 7-10 start time, a rare 7-10 start time. I can't remember the last time there was ever a 7-10 start time on a Sunday game at Dodger Stadium, but that's what they have. And maybe that buys Otani a little bit of time where, When he shows up around 3 o'clock, he'll be able to give the Dodgers a better, clearer picture on whether or not he's had a significant improvement with the way his right side has been feeling. So all of that's in play, but if you had to ask me, I'd say IEL right now. All right, that'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. Tyler Glass now will be on the mound for the Dodgers. He's 4-0 with an ERA of 279 going up against Cade Cavalli, who's 12-5 with an ERA of 312. Our coverage begins at 5 o'clock tomorrow. First pitch at 610. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here. at Uniqlo Field at Dodger Stadium. And thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you know where to find it, the iHeartRadio app. And our pregame conversation with Dave Roberts, presented by Downey Hyundai, can be found there as well. Once again, the final score tonight, the Dodgers defeat the Nationals 5-3. Have a great rest of your Labor Day weekend. We'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: See you.