Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, Tama Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in Tubo Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Tuesday May twelfth, twenty twenty six. You're Los Angeles Dodgers, twenty four and seventeen on this season. After a loss last night to the Giants, the Dodgers have now dropped three in a row for their lives six the offense, it's on the struggle bus right now is the Dodgers are looking up at the padres in the standings. Good news though, new day, new game tonight, hopefully the start of a winning streak. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount. First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to ten between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, including hearing for the manager. Dave Roberts get his pregame thoughts on what's this Dodgers team's going through right now? Offensively, we'll preview this pitching matchup. David vas Say will join us throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Yes, Charlie Steiner will check in on what is a big night out of Dodgers Stadium on ice Cube Low Rider Bobblehead Night. He'll be thrown out the first pitch out at Dodgers Stadium. In just a few minutes, we will head out to the Galloping for broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Last night, the Dodgers got out to a lead, only to see that lead gone late in the game. Dodgers found themselves in a hole one to nothing after a Dev's home run in the second, but in the fourth the Dodgers able to get after Trevor McDonald runners on for Maxi.
Speaker 7: In the meantime, Monthly with the base is loaded on one to zero line right base heading the right tier, Freeman will score Tucker will be held at third a single RBI for Monthly, and the Dodgers tied the score at walk.
Speaker 6: Now this is where you want to just keep that Congo line going. Four consecutive hits.
Speaker 3: May you want to keep that Congo line going. As they tied the game at one. Unfortunately Andy Pie has grided into a double play, but that scored Kyle Tucker and the Dodgers took a two to one lead. Well, the Dodgers found themselves down three to two going to the sixth inning away. Max Munsey tied things up again.
Speaker 6: Season debut as a starter last Monday against San Diego. So yeah, he's been This is the third time he's been called up to the big leagues this year.
Speaker 2: The once two pitch squatted high in the year to left field. This ball is back and it is gone. Max months times the game with a solo home run leading off the sixth.
Speaker 3: It is eleventh of the year and once again we got a new ballgame that is a top tier player of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. That home run for Max Munsei brought Dodgers Stadium back to live time the game at three. Well, with the score all even. In the seventh, the Giants loaded the bases against Alex Vessi on consecutive one out singles. Devers walk with two strikes to Chase Vesia went out later a Dominis single with two strikes against will Klind, they extended the Giants lead to six to three. Willyet Domas finished the game with three RBIs. Dodgers reliever of Wyatt Mills issued four walks hit a batter in the ninth was The Giants tacked on more, including three more runs, as they go on and blow out the Dodgers last night by a final of nine to three. What was a tie game at three got away from the Dodgers, who had opportunities. They stranded eight runners on base and they were just two for ten with runners in scoring position. Meanwhile, the Giants, who are on last place in the division, have now won consecutive games for the first time in over a month. They also snapped a seven game rose trick, and during a streak in which they scored a total of nine runs. Last night, they scored nine runs in the one game as the Dodgers get tagged with the lost. Alex vesifalls to one and one. The Dodgers fall to twenty four and seventeen, and the Dodgers also fall out of first place the half game back of idle San Diego, who are in Milwaukee as we speak. As for the Dodgers, back at it tonight, Game two of this series against the San Francisco Giants. Right guy, right place, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound to get the Dodgers back on the winning track. First pitch at seven to ten and with more we had out to the galloping for broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Guys, Thanks d C.
Speaker 2: Great to be back with you from a Unico field at Dodgers Stateum, getting ready for the second of four between the Dodgers and Giants. And well, the Dodgers are now on a three game slide. They've dropped to second place in the National League West, and things are starting to get away from him here in the month of May, they tied to season high with nine runs allowed yesterday a third straight blowout loss and lost by at least five runs. So what say you about this rut that they're in?
Speaker 6: Well, it goes really a carryover a couple of different categories. First of all, but one of the rare times we've seen the bullpen of recent days struggle. You know, they gave up the six runs and the fact that the unfortunately the offense is still struggling and that contributes to losing eight of the last twelve games. So Dave Roberts has asked obviously, you know the elephant in the room, the big guy that draws a lot of attention deservedly, so that being showed Hey Otani, and specifically Dave Roberts was asked about Otani and then his struggles at the present time because he's four for his last thirty eight and now we're beginning to hear, well, what about the fatigue level of being a pitcher and as a designated hitter and working on both of those skills to the ultimate factor that he does because no one has higher expectations of show Hey a ton and then show Hey has of himself. So that's entering into the fray right now, and Dave Roberts, they're kind of looking into the fact is fatigue mixing in and messing with the mechanics of the swing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean at this point you got to have all options on the table to try and pull him out of it. Dave Roberts is saying that Otani will not be in the lineup Thursday, but the series finale against San Francisco, and he's leaning towards the not having him hit on Wednesday, which is his start day in Game three of this series. And Mo we talked about it briefly last night. The fact of the matter is Otani is not the worst of the problems offensively right now. He is, it's the most magnified because he's the best player on Earth. But you go down this all star lineup, there are a handful of guys who have to get it going. Freddie Freeman has been steady and at least he's been hitting the ball hard and he's cut down strikeout percentage, So you can't really pick too much of a bone with Freddy. Mookie Betts was on the jur list. He just came back. Kyle Tucker times now, Will Smith time is now, taoscar Hernandez time is now. Because none of those guys have a sub one era like Otani does on the mount, it can't all be on show.
Speaker 6: Hey Shoulder, absolutely, I agree one hundred percent. But the lights are turned on the brightest when Otani is there. He's just a special type of a player and he draws the attention deservedly. So again, but to the Dodgers, multifaceted things that they'll get ironed out. Everybody's saying, you know, the sky is following. This guy is falling well in a rough spot right now. But if we look at the last ten games, you know, they've had seventy four at bats with runners in scoring position. As a team, they're hitting just two thirty and that's only gone up in the last couple of games. And still last night they were just two for ten and they allowed seventeen different at bats by the Giants last night with opportunities to knock in a run and score in position. A lot of different things have to change. Has been a strong point is the defense. The defense has been spot on, yep, and it's not been giving up runs willy nilly, back and forth. But the Dodgers need to do and they will a better job from an offensive standpoint.
Speaker 2: Look, the fact of the matter remains, there's a series win still in front of them, with three games to go in against San Francisco, and you can't do that unless you get this one tonight. Yoshinobu Yama Modo on the Mounta opposite Adrian Hauser. We'll be back a little bit later, Tim with a key from Mom.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we cut you down the first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game. Day me a long. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order your Shaky's Pizza Shake it and Mojo's. You can do it right now, order it for dinner at Shaky's dot com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck. Coming up before first pitch, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts David Vaz. Day is gonna go one on one with Ice Cube. Coming up in about thirty five minutes. You'll hear from Cube, who has thrown out the first pitch tonight on his bobblehead night out of Dodger stady looking forward to that deeper to this pitching matchup your magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. But up next we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports New La. As we're leaning you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Tuesday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Giants squaring off on this Tuesday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Adrian Houser. The pitching match up, first pitch set for seven ten. This is the Otani rewy Well Show. Hey Otani and a little bit of an offensive funk right now. Oh for five last night, including a couple of strikeouts. He was zero for four the day before show, Hey Otani just one extra base hit a double against the Houston Ashtros a week ago in a twelve to win.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 3: Kirston now joins us from the Ravine brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. You can donate it today in that car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now at carsfokids dot org. That's cars with a K. If only hitting a baseball were as easy as donating a car to cars for kids, because right now the Dodgers offense, it's been anything but easy for them.
Speaker 8: Kirston, Yeah, it really hasn't anything but easy, and they're not taking that lightly. You know, they obviously know how talented this group is. We're talking to Max Monty last night and he was sharing that there are conversations that are happening amongst each other in the clubhouse of just whether it's team approach, personal approach, team at FATS kind of what they're looking to do now. Yesterday there were positive that they can take out of that game. They ultimately did have ten hits, getting into the double digits. They were getting guys on. They just were unable to execute with runners in scoring positions. So now it's how do they find a way to get the big hit in the right moment. This team obviously believes, with how talented they are, with who they are at, that moment can truly come at any point. It's just needing for that moment to come. Obviously, when you look at this matchup with Adrian Hauser, the Dodgers have gotten to him. It's been a wild and they faced him, but when they have seen him, they have gotten to him. So the hope is that tonight they can break out, but it does. You know, it's just gonna take one person at a time. Guys are getting back on track. Obviously, Monsey's in an excellent spot. Andy paus is in a really good spot.
Speaker 3: Tao.
Speaker 8: I know he's been struggling, but last night two hits, and yes they moved him in the order, but it seems to be working right now. So if they can just continue to build on this momentum and build in the right direction, then we should be seeing this offense come fully open up, bring some runs in and get a win streak going.
Speaker 1: That would be nice.
Speaker 3: Well, it all starts with the guy at the top of the line of number seventeen. Show Hey, o Tani, who is really struggling.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's going through it right now, there's no secret. I mean, look, we know that he is not someone who we typically ever see on the field unless he's in the backfield doing catch play, if he's out in the bullpen, things like that.
Speaker 3: But when he is trying to.
Speaker 8: Get back on track, he starts taking VP on the field. So it's not often we see it, but sometimes it's like we see it and the next day he goes on a tear. We have now seen him take that in practice twice within this week. So we saw it in Houston, we saw it yesterday and unfortunately he did go over five yesterday. He's still grounding out to write, so he's trying to find something a certain feel. He's trying to go to the center of the field. And I was talking to Aaron Bates this afternoon just about show hey and what is he looking for? What is he missing and how does he go about navigating through this. Obviously he's someone who has a lot of demands in his day because he is pitching and he is hitting, and so he said that obviously takes a toll when it comes to trying to focus on your hitting because there's so much you have to do, so there's limited time to try to get back on track. But when he is, it's conversations with the hitting coaches of you know, what are they seeing that he's missing. He has shared that he believes it's more of a posture dynamic with his upper half. The coaches, as well as Dave Roberts, has said potentially it's a mental fatigue getting back to these two way abilities. So when he is trying to get back to where he wants his swing to be, he's relying on some video of certain times. So that was like May twenty twenty three, September twenty twenty four, which of course we know was fifty to fifty month and when he really went on that tear and even that game in Miami. He looks back at Aaron Bates said that he's someone who likes to go to video of the NLCS when he had three home runs ten strikeouts, but specifically with those home runs, and it is dependent on who's pitching, and of course there are certain other elements take into consideration, but right now.
Speaker 1: He is looking back at that footage.
Speaker 8: He's trying to get cues or see what was working in that moment and how does he get back to that. So he works incredibly hard, he is trying. They are going to give him a bit of a mental reset here soon, and that is going to be potentially tomorrow. No hitting, he is starting tomorrow, but he's definitely going to be down on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Well, let's hope tonight is the night that he can get it back on track and this Dodgers' offense can get back on track here, so we appreciate it still to come here. On Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vatseo will join us throughout the hour. Of course, he goes high and tight. Coming up in just a little bit. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts leading up to Dodgers and Giants on this Tuesday night first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on decontin us as we lead you ump to first pitch, Dodgers and the Giants, Morongo Casino Resorted Spa. It's a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Adrian Houser the pitching matchup, don't forget coming up in about twenty five minutes. You're gonna hear from ice Cube on his Bobblehead nights and on the night he is throwing out the first pitch which is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glass Now on the IL lower back spasms, Edwin Diaz on the IL recovering from elbow surgery, Brock Stewart on the IL left bone spur in his foot, Bank Asparius on the IL with right shoulder inflammation, Tommy Evan on the sixty dail more on that coming up in a few minutes with David Vesa Bru's Dar Graderal in Triple A, Okama City on a rehab Assimon Keiky Hernandez in Triple A on the sixty DAYIL. But he is progressing, looking maybe about a few weeks away from coming off the injury list. So that is certainly some positive injury news. Let's head back out to the ravine and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 4: Anything questions for Dave, Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm kind of lean towards the optimistic camp anyway, So I feel good about today, you know, I felt good about yesterday and we talked about that a little bit as far as kind of taking advantage of opportunities. So yeah, I think that, you know, we should be able to build some innings and hopefully we can just take those at bats that we need to in big spots. But you know, just kind of making my way around the clubhouse today. Guys feel good, and I know, you know, Yoshinobu has been good, but you know, the last few outings, I think that he's expecting more from himself. So I think that today is one of those nights that he's going to kind of come out with a little bit more, you know, even more motivation than he typically has.
Speaker 10: The conversations that you're having with some of these guys and you just shed light on what you're sharing with them, because even next month you last night were saying how the veterans and the guys that are coming together right now, they don't take this, whether it's these three d losing streak or struggling right now, they don't take it lightly. And they are having those conversations. But I think conversations that you're kind of happy.
Speaker 4: With guys right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that's kind of similar. I think there's always certainly with hitting, it's uh, you know, it's it's hard. You know, you don't want to hear that panic word when guys aren't hitting. But I do think that there's a standard on expectations and I don't think that status quo and you know, h hum is the way to go either. So I think that for me, just feeling like our guys understand that that we do need to get better, we are not performing up to our expectations, and then you sort of kind of wait and see how things play out. And that's kind of the feeling that I'm getting with the guys. So that's a good thing. The work's been consistent, and yeah, and the expectation for its a turn, you know, is important too.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, Yeah, he too, waiting for this Dodgers offense to turn things around. We contain you here on Morongo because you know, on deck we will check in with David Veselad jumped to Dodgers and Giants. First pitch of Uniclo Field a Dodgers daim at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers at the Giants on this Tuesday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount. First pitch coming up in seven ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to my Alpato born in La made for your game. Dal Apoto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to your table. El Pato Gourmet in Akin.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Well DV.
Speaker 3: I thought last night was gonna be the night show. Hey o tany burst through offensively since he took batting practice and all on the field. But it didn't happen. But how much do the Dodgers offense need show, hey to at least get on base to make this offense go.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, look, Tim, I'm not trying to put this all on show, Heo Tani. But the reality is, no matter what offense it is, no matter what team it is, if their leadoff hitter is not getting hits and not getting on base by walking, It's not going to jump start an offense.
Speaker 4: You're going to start the game one out, nobody.
Speaker 5: On, and you're gonna have more at bats than any other player in the lineup in that particular game if guys are moving the line and turning that lineup over, so you're gonna have guys and runner with in scoring position. So all that being said, yes they need him, not because he's show Hao Tani, but because he's the leadoff hitter, and for all those reasons they need him to get on and also the fact that he is the best player on the planet and he has one home run in his last one hundred and eleven played appearance. That's a far departure from the guy that was fifty to fifty two years ago and a fifty five home run hitter last year. We all know the great ones aren't held down for too long, but this is longer than Otwani's ever been held down before. And another layer to all this tim is Kyle Tucker's not really hitting and certainly not hitting for power. Will Smith not hitting for power, not coming up big against left handed pitching, like he has his entire career. Ta Oskar Hernandez seems to be the guy there pointing out and moving down in the lineup to eighth. That's unfair to ta Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 4: He's a role player.
Speaker 5: These other guys have got to get it going, and if they don't, it doesn't matter what Taoscar Hernandez or Max Munsey or Andy paj Has does.
Speaker 3: Absolutely dam is brought to by the Fort Maverick Motor Trends in North American Truck of the Year. The Fort Maverick everything you need in the most innovated truck with the forty two miles per gallon, it's the best MSRP if its category. Time to see forded in new light, go to your Southern California four dealers today. It's May twelfth as we sit here, David, why is it taking Tommy Edman so long to recover from off season ankle surgery?
Speaker 5: Your guess is as good as mine, Tim, Some guys bounced back quicker than others. Because Freddie Freeman had off season ankle surgery last off season coming into the twenty five season, and he never missed a game.
Speaker 4: He was there on opening day he was there.
Speaker 5: In spring training, and Tommy Edmund had the surgery in December and is taking batting practice. He is running in lines in the outfield, but we haven't seen him run the bases, and we really haven't seen him do much outfield work either, So they've moved him to the sixty day IL, which buys.
Speaker 4: Them probably an extra month.
Speaker 5: I would assume it's a pain tolerance thing because Freddy Freeman was able to find.
Speaker 4: A way to make it to opening Day last year.
Speaker 5: So hopefully the swelling in that ankle subsides, and hopefully he's able to bounce back to get back in this lineup because they miss him too. They need his right handed bat as well well.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers have struggled against the Giants this year up in San Francisco on through the first game of this four game, said David. But one guy who I imagine like seeing the old SF on the other opposing team's uniform is Max Munsey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Max Munsey.
Speaker 5: If you remember what Dave Roberts said yesterday before the game to us, he agreed that Andy PAHs and Max Munsey have been his two best players defensively and offensively. Max Munsey leads the team with eleven home runs. The Dodgers have barely played forty games, and now, after last night's game tying home run in the sixth inning, he hit his twenty seventh career home run against the Giants. Only Paul Goldschmid and Nolan Aronado have hit more home runs against the Giants than Max Munsey among players that are still active.
Speaker 4: So he certainly is, as Vin.
Speaker 5: Scully used to say, public enemy number one San Francisco, No.
Speaker 4: Doubt about that.
Speaker 3: All right, DV great stuffle, check back with you, just a little bit still to come here. I'm Morago Casino Dodgers on deck, will dive deeper of this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment up next and we'll hear from Charlie Steiner. Don't you go anywhere if we lead you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Tuesday night. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Giants on this Tuesday nights ice Cube goes high and tight with David Masse in less than fifteen minutes. Looking forward to that, Yoshinobu, you have a moto. Adrian Hous at the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 6: Hot Dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants the hot It's time for the Hawking Magical Moment Pitch Magical present by Hawk Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: I'll we go back to twenty twenty one, the NLDS Game five, the deciding game five in San San Francisco between the Dodgers and the Giants. Ninth INNY. Max Scherzer on in relief.
Speaker 4: Atfield deep and straight away, oh and two.
Speaker 7: Schurezer to Florence.
Speaker 4: Just outside eight, win a round strike three.
Speaker 3: Gay morellas the first base umpire.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers are going to the National League Championship Series.
Speaker 4: These two teams won one.
Speaker 11: Hundred and nine games coming into this one.
Speaker 7: One game separated them in the standings, one game separates them in the National League Division Series.
Speaker 4: And one run separates them.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers win two to one in a remarkable game in a remarkable season.
Speaker 4: Mike Goodness, it was unbelievable. What a way to finish. Schurezer out of the pen for the.
Speaker 3: Same Dodgers win it two to one. Game five goes to the good guys. A runner on board, Max Schuzer fan Wilmer Flores on that check swing for the final out played Umpire Doug Eddians check with first base umpire Gabe Morales, who said, ah, he went and that was it. Dodgers get the win and moved on to the nlcs's Hovey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs Local so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner. Don't forget ice Cube and David Vase coming up in about ten minutes. So we lead you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Tuesday night. I'm Tim kateson the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 3: Long, Dodgers and Giants. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitches seven ten a time now for the Brizon startup. Is we are thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low prize for three years so you can save big visitor. So cal Verizon Store today we say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, The Dodgers trying to right their ship after losing to the Giants last night nine to three. The Dodgers, at twenty four and seventeen, are now in second place in the Western Division, a half a game behind the Padres there in Milwaukee. Tonight, Dodgers have lost three straight going back to April the eighteenth. Last twenty two games, the Dodgers are nine and thirteen and they're averaging two runs or less in those thirteen lossits. The Dodgers are one and three against the Giants. That's not supposed to happen, but it has. And against the Giants and losing three of four, they've scored a total of seven runs. And oh, by the way, the Giants are in fourth place at seventeen and twenty four.
Speaker 6: What gives mo, Well, not a whole lot when it comes to offense. And last night one of rare times really so far, the bullpen was not totally effective and I know, a lot of people are saying, well, this guy is falling, this guy is falling. Well, it's been cloudy. But if we go back to last year, at this point, I realized last year is over and done with. Okay, fine, last year. The Dodgers are only three games better than they currently are as you were stating twenty four and seventeen. But they have a lot of room for improvement. And Dave Roberts a few minutes ago talking to members of the media, he was asked about the lack of hitting, and he goes, we do need to get better. Every at bet, every pitch has got to be more important, and that's what Dave Roberts is kind of talking about. So, yes, this is a ball club that has not had a whole lot of opportunities to knock in runs, although they've had more opportunities with runners in scoring position Charlie over the last ten games in the opposing teams have had and really over the last eight games by far, they've had more opportunities. They have just not been able to cash in.
Speaker 7: And now to the Otani Riddle. Zero for five last night as a leadoff hitter this year, he is six for seventy three with the bases empty. He starts at game eighty two. In his last ten games, he's gone four to thirty eighth one toh five batting average. He's homered once in the last twenty three games, one hundred and six played appearances since his last home run. And we're watching together last night. He does not appear to be in balance at all. Is fishing it.
Speaker 6: Seems, yeah. And Dave was asked about that, and they've expanded upon it in two And here's kind of the deals that Roberts was saying, and this is a quote. Now we're looking at the heavy workload Otani has both as a hitter and as a pitcher. And Dave went on to say, and here's the exact quote. Fatigue appears to be mixing in with the mechanics. And we have seen this in the past. We show Hey, Odana you ne were talking before yesterday, as a matter of fact, about the first time that we saw show Heyo Tani then in an angel's uniform, and that was during the Freeway series, and he was swinging the bat very similar to what we have seen the last number of days. And we were both very surprised and it was only about a week later that we've picked up the paper and realize, hey, this guy is different now because he's swinging the bat much much better. So yeah, fatigue level that is going to enter into questions that people have when he is not hitting and all eyes are on him. I mean every move that he makes, someone is taking a photo of him or looking at him or having just really high expectations. So yes, it just manufactures more of a magnifying look every time he saw the field.
Speaker 7: For better or worse. Otani is a world famous baseball player. We have watched and chronicled everything he has done from beginning until seven to ten tonight, and so when things.
Speaker 4: Go good, it's you throw a parade.
Speaker 7: But the way things have gone of late, it's really almost unnerving because you just don't expect it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the other part too, is he has done so much and accomplished so much on the baseball field. Do we expect it all the time to where it's not just secondary and say, Okay, he did it again. But you do have to ask yourself, wait a minute, if he goes over five, has at a bigger story than someone else that goes over five. Right now, yes, because the attention that he has deservedly so, because the spotlight is on him again every move that he makes.
Speaker 7: Ya, I'm a motive. Making his eighth start of the year. Adrian Hauser goes for the Giants game two of this four game series Lineup's the first pitch coming up.
Speaker 3: To all right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball present about unic Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclud dot com, slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get your previous pinching matchup. But up next, don't go anywhere. We're going high and tight with ice Cube. That's next, Dodgers Giants. I'm Tim Kates. Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Tuesday and night. Yoshinobi up. The photo on the Mount Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's Game nine, it's Group nine at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 5: We are here with the man that the players obviously believe in that say that he was the man that inspired them to beat the Yankees in twenty twenty four, and he was part of the parade last year, and of course a man of music entertainment. The one and only Great ice Cube thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 4: I gotta calm the butterflies in my stomach. Cube.
Speaker 5: I don't get this nervous when I'm talking to Mookie Beds or Otani, but you man, I gotta calm myself down.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 12: You know I'm a big fan of the Dodgers, you know, so you know, having an honor like this tonight is next level for me too.
Speaker 5: Have you been practicing the first pitch back in your house?
Speaker 12: In the backyard, I threw the ball around a little, me and my son Sharif. But you know, when we get out there, you know, I just want to.
Speaker 4: Throw a strike.
Speaker 5: What's it like for you to have accomplished almost everything in the world of entertainment and then be such a big sports fan, and the Dodgers, inspired by your performance here at Dodgers Stadium in the twenty four World Series, beat the Yankees, and then they bring you back and the lowrider that now has become a babblehead and you're throwing out the first pitch. What does it mean to you to be such a big part of this city, to have such a big hand in that clubhouse.
Speaker 12: I mean just as a fan, you know, put ice cube aside, just as a Dodger fan, lifelong Dodger fan. You know, this is next level. You know, this is probably you know, fan heaven. You know when it comes to just watching the team over the years, watching them, you know, fight the Yankees, beat the Yankees, lose against the Yankees, beat the Yankees, and you know, it's been a it's been a pleasure just to be around. So to get a chance to be a part of it, you know, the first year and and really you know, going through it and and having the team say something like that, you know.
Speaker 4: The team, they was good. They didn't need me to win the World Series.
Speaker 12: But if I gave them any kind of inspiration, you know that to me is is taking it you know, uh over beyond the moon. You know, it's really been just a pleasure. You know, this is a dream come true for me too. Never in a million years that I think I'd be a part of it, you know, I just enjoy watching it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I wanted to bring up to you as well. Being a guy that went to the high school in the nineties in the valley, the only way you could hear your music was on Kday And here you are now at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: You're throwing out the first pitch.
Speaker 5: Could you have ever thought that you would be here, excepted when when I was growing up, parents were telling us not to listen to your music and Kday was the only place playing your music.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean we was an underground group. We was happy with that. We felt like, if we was gonna be underground, that's cool. But as the years went by, more people started to accept the music, be a part of the music, and celebrate the music. And you know, to be here and have an organization like the Dodgers embrace you. You know, it's something that I could never you know, looking back from the nineties or the eighties, I could never dream of. And so you know, being in in my career, this is my forty first year in music and entertainment, to get accepted by a great organization like the Dodgers, to be a part of it, throw out the first pitch, get a Bible head two years in a row. Like I said, you know, this is fan heaven. You know, I love I love being a fan of the Dodgers, and you know, being a part of it is to me something I never dreamed of.
Speaker 4: But I'm happy that that I'm here.
Speaker 5: Well, you are synonymous with the city of Los Angeles, Cube, You know how much the city of La loves you back.
Speaker 4: You are ours.
Speaker 5: You might go on tour somewhere in Boston, but we know you got that Laker purple and gold down. We know you got that Dodger blue hat on, and you know how much everything that you've done means to this city. And you know, just like Magic Johnson, just like Kobe Bryant, like Otani Mookie bats Are, you know, the city holds them so close to their hearts. I feel like we feel the same way about you.
Speaker 12: I mean, I love Los Angeles. You know, born and raised here, grew up South Central Los Angeles. You know, been all over LA, you know, from you know Compton, South Central, Watts, you know the Valley, you know, Pasadena, Downtown East LA. You know, We've been everywhere Inland Empire, and so I always represent you know, I've always represented.
Speaker 4: LA wherever I go.
Speaker 12: I got that LA hat on and showing the world that I'm proud of the city, and so to be accepted and and to be embraced by the city is a dream come true for for l a kid.
Speaker 5: You ever go to that in and out on Ventura and DeSoto right there?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've been.
Speaker 12: I've been to a few of them, you know that one, the other one on down on ventur by Tap. You know, I can't stay out of those. In announcing fat Burgers, you know, I love him.
Speaker 5: Same with me, skinny fat guy right here at Cube, you know, I keep Freddie in check. Hey, you know that got too. Thanks a lot for the time. It's a great honor to have you on the show. And it's gonna be awesome to see you celebrated again at Dodgers Stadium throwing out the first pitch and good news. I talked to Dave Roberts. He's not gonna try to put his booty on you tonight.
Speaker 12: Oh good, you know, hey, but if you win another series, you know we could definitely we can dance all night if you win another one, for sure, love.
Speaker 4: It, for sure. It's a good day in Dodgers Stadium. Thanks a lot, cute, yeah yany.
Speaker 3: All right there he is. Today was a good day. Anytime ice Cube is on Dodgers on deck, he'll be throwing out the first pitcher momentarily and of course it's ice Cube low Rider Bobblehead night in celebration back to back World Series championships for the Dodgers Leeves. That's the first pitch. Oh yeah, it is a good day Dodgers and Giants. Well we come back, will dive deeper to this pitchy match up. Don't go anywhere on tim cases the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio nut one.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Giants on this Tuesday night. Great to hear from hees Q. First pitch from Uniclo Field. The Dodger Stadium's coming up at seventeen and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining. We look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 3: Brought you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Nothing's been easy for Adrian Houser, the thirty three year old right hender going for the Giants zhe to four with a six to nineteen ERA, been the Big League since twenty fifteen, primarily a sinker ball pitcher, making his eight start this year in his first year with San Francisco last time out, six innings, two runs, three hits, three strikeouts and a loss to the Padres. Tonight start against the Dodgers is fourth in his career, all from coming at Dodger Stadium, and his three prior starts oh in three with the twelve thirty four ERA seventeen hits allowed, eight walks. He last faced the Dodgers as a member of the Mets back in twenty twenty four. Yoshinobu Yabobodo on the mound for the Dodgers three and two, three oh nine ERA. Twenty seven year old right hender making his eighth start last time out, six innings, three runs, five hits, eight strikeouts in a win in Houston over the Astros. Last week, he has faced the Giants six times in his career, owing to at the three nineteen era with forty one strikeouts. He faced the Giants once already this year, back on April twenty first, when seven innings lowed three runs on six hits while striking out seven in taking the loss. Dodgers Giants were fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, Tim keateses the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Tuesday night. Yoshinobill yum a moto on the mountains. We get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos. Start a great moment. Start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference. Soporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good, was sushi great with baseball. It's head out to the booth one final time. Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: All right to see we are getting closer and closer to yosh you know, Wu Yamamoto's first pitch of the ball game. He's gonna make his eighth start of the year, coming off of victory in Houston. It was his first win since April the seventh. He'll go against the veteran righty and Adrian Houser, a longtime brewer who is really scuffling this first season in San Francisco. He's owing to four with an ERA of six point one to nine. But mo, I don't want to get overboard with those numbers because we've seen the Dodgers go up against starters with numbers worse than that and they struggled offensively. So what's the key in this one?
Speaker 6: I think from an offensive standpoint, make him get the ball up in the rank zone. A lot of ground balls. Also with Yamamotos four ground ball double plays, he's been enticing the other ball club. But for Howser, he's at his best with that sinker and he throws it almost fifty percent of the time. Get the ball elevated a little bit more, keep the ball off the ground, and hopefully the Dodgers can get to this right hander. And the Dodgers are like nothing better Steven did have a laugher and a'll walk home early and then come back here tomorrow win another ball game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they want a laugher on their side, as they have lost three in a row by five plus runs. They've matched a Dodger Stadium record for most losses by at least that margin, and so now they want to turn the tables of their giants in even this series. Tim, we'll talk to you in just a few moments.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, guys, as we get ready for first bached off. Forget David Bass has got your cover with all the postgame festivities in Dodger Talk as well. Enjoined everybody Dodgers and Giants. Next, I'm Tim kase A, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio nowher