Speaker 1: And it is friends A share the show, suit, Dad, That's right. I mean, do you share the show?
Speaker 2: You tell somebody about the news junkie radio show, podcast or live stream, you tell somebody about this radio station, You tell somebody about the keywords we play every hour. You can win a thousand dollars today, baby, just for sharing the show and hanging out with us. All right, kind of exhausting, But how's everybody doing on a Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Ready to one on a thousand bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah we can, we can't. Also, thousand dollars would get you out of here, It would get me out of here. I am just that close. Yeah, no, for for forever. I am that close to just saying sign our suckers, see you later. I'm out of here. It's a thousand dollars away. You could buy me out today if you wanted to, So just keep that in mind. On to share the show Tuesday. We have a lot ahead of us, and let's start as we always do. Let's put a ears of the ground or fingers in the pulse. Let's see what's happening to this great, big wide world of ours, and let's play a little game to start us off called annoying or not annoying. Annoying, annoying, that's right.
Speaker 4: It's right.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody. This episode of annoying or not annoying occurs on an airplane.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I already know my answer.
Speaker 2: Previous episodes of annoying are not annoying on an airplane have included people getting married, Molanna, little girls, it was way off key, trying to sing Molana, trust lady, figuring the person in the.
Speaker 3: Back is not real, and screaming babies.
Speaker 2: Now this guy, all right, this is before the Indiana Miami game. And this guy stands up on a plane and he says, my name is John, and I like to have fun anywhere I go, which is quite to start. John. Let's listen in ladies and gentlemen. My name is Jean, and I liked have fun everywhere go. I'm going to the National Championship game and this will be the greatest flight of my life. If I can't get a who's your roley? Cry out of you guys, at least some of you, right, And it sounds like this, who I wish they did nothing. I wish he was like one, two three. Everybody's like, sit down, fat Miami's the best. I would have been like Buddy, I had never watched the college game and cared about the outcome. I hope your team dies on the field. Okay, leave me alone. All I want to do is fly, all right, I'm not good at that to begin with.
Speaker 3: Why do we have to make scenes now on the plane?
Speaker 2: I don't know? But can you do this on other forms of transportation? And not?
Speaker 3: I will?
Speaker 2: It's almost a bus is almost like more acceptable.
Speaker 3: My next bright line. I will do my best to disrupt everyone's bright line.
Speaker 2: If you stand up on a bright line train and you go, ladies and gentlemen, people are gonna be like, they're gonna grab their purses. They're gonna pull themselves back a little bit. Yeah, they're gonna be like, whoa, whoa, whoa, what exactly is happening here? The intro of I like to have fun wherever I go just.
Speaker 3: Sounds like something I don't want to be friends with.
Speaker 2: Constantly, my name is Bucket, I liked, Uh, well, let's get it started. John. John is his name John? And I like to have fun anywhere I go? And then he tries to do his little rally cry thing, let me zip it back home, be the greatest flight of my life. If I can't get it, who's your rally? Cry out? And you guys, at least some of you, some of me, kay? It sounds like this.
Speaker 5: Who yes, right, if you're hitting for Miami, find me after the game and I'll buy you.
Speaker 2: A beer to drug your sorrow. No, right about that? Put on three, I need you to say it loud. Don't do it. He's say it proud.
Speaker 6: I may or may not be a little drunk, all right, but on three, you heard it, say.
Speaker 2: It loud, proud?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Two three, Thank you, And ladies and gentlemen, it's time the weigh in. Is it annoying or not annoying?
Speaker 3: I'm getting the votes in as we speak. Sean millions of people are voting now and while we're here. Ah, yep, it's been confirmed. This was, ladies and gentlemen, super annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't like the precedent we're setting here that anybody could just stand up, like what what if this guy can do this? What's stopping somebody from santam Like. My name is James, I'm from the Church of the Latter day Saints.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about my Lord Jesus ribe if.
Speaker 2: I would tell James to shut his mouth and and you know, good for you do your old religion thing. But I'm on a plane.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. I think had he shortened his whole speech and Brown blah blah blah blah just started the chant, then it would have been a little less annoying.
Speaker 2: It's like, on the count of three, we're gonna do who who? Who'sier one? Now? Everybody get ready? But are we doing it on three or is it go after three? All right, we're gonna one. It's like, dude, just just get to whatever you're doing. Why are we all main characters in the movie. It's not the.
Speaker 4: Most annoying plain thing I've ever seen, but it's it's up there. I do think if there's any place to pull this off, it would be a plane departing Indiana for Miami right.
Speaker 2: Before the game.
Speaker 3: There's also people just doing some business travels and some family connection.
Speaker 2: Going for whatever. They're just on a plane flying somewhere. They're trapped trapped in there. Oh boy, well, let us know what you think annoying or not annoying. We'll take your dispatches and emails on that as well as everything else we hit on during the show today. Congratulations to John, Congratulations him, because the Indiana Hoosiers did defeat Miami twenty seven to twenty one.
Speaker 6: They did Congratulations.
Speaker 2: They did it out there on the fields, they did their thing, and boy did they go nuts. All these fans. There were people. This was people watching in Bloomington, Indiana at Assembly Hall. These were the people watching the game remotely reacting. Day this is a watch party, for godsake, ollow, who are we hero, someblady? It's the news lady. Yeah, yeah, this is like the news broadcast from and they're screaming and they're celebrating, and boy, oh boys, sane.
Speaker 3: For a watch party. I thought for sure that was just the crowd at the stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this must be like the official school stadium. You know, they're all watching this packed in here and they just go bananas celebrating their twenty seven to twenty one when they have an undefeated season, the first national title for Indiana. I don't really care about football or sports, and I'm sure a lot of you don't either, but congratulations. Either way, A lot of people were reacting to this. Here was some rando. I think at like the airport or something.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you wake up in the morning and they're the champs, you'll actually believe it, right, I will believe it then. Right now it still feels a little iffy, but I think in.
Speaker 2: The morning it'll definitely be sure.
Speaker 5: Did you ever think IU football would ever say they're national champions? I went to Indiana. I graduated in ninety six. I watched one half of football in my four years there. My first game freshman year, one for one half. No, never in a millionaire said I think this. Congratulate being in Miami, you see the Hoosier Nation and travel from from Pasadena.
Speaker 2: To Atlanta to hear what has that been?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: It's incredible. Rocket.
Speaker 5: I mean I flew here from Denver. Half the plane seemed like it was Hoosier fans.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, seemed like it was Hoosier fan. Did you do a Hoosier chair? Huh?
Speaker 3: I kind of forgot it already.
Speaker 2: Uh, Hoosia, you're one one shots and I'm not doing it. I'll forget that their mascot is the Hoosiers by the end of the show, like, I will forget about this. Uh. They were out there, they were climbing the trees as as people do when they were celebrating out in the cold in Indiana their victory. They were taking it all in. This is the the streets partying erupting here. Let's see jumping up and down. Yeah, I have no idea what anybody's saying. What I can tell you, though I could tell you from experience. You can get swept away by this, because I always talk about the year when I was downtown West Palm Beach and the Marlins won.
Speaker 3: The World Series Hollywood, Florida.
Speaker 2: And everybody kind of went out onto the streets and I cared about the Marlins. Then is about as much as I do now, which is to say one out of ten.
Speaker 4: I've told you I've been swept away in this because sometimes I just think it's fun to crack open a beer and spray it everywhere.
Speaker 2: So all of a sudden, I'm just like on this Miami Molly, I have no idea what's going on. But you can get swept up in the big s, the big party. That's what happened to a lot of these people. Congratulations to them all. There was some bad behavior out there though. There was two players that got into a fight. You know right there at the end of it. I think it was one of the Miami Hurricanes players came over and hit the Indiana.
Speaker 5: Players's Mark Fletcher, who swung at an Indian.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's got to be held back by coaches and stuff. It's like, buddy, come on, it's over. Okay, it's over. You got to pick up your stuff. You pick up your football and your cleats and stop crying. For God's sake, the Miami fans do what everybody else does. They kick on their camera like an absolutely normal person. What what normal person in the middle of a breakdown doesn't kick on their camera and make a little video where you're crying and the other team is celebrating, fireworks are going over. You're gonna be okay, You're gonna be okay. Congratulations. That's it. There you go. Oh my last little tidbit.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I'll get into the Trump audio reaction in a second. We'll see if you got like, if you got cheers, or if you got booze or whatever. I'll bring it. I guess kim zero booze. There it sounded like you gotta pop. But I'll bring up the audio so we can examine. But in the stadium. The I guess there was like some four K camera that was part of the broadcast. And I don't know much about this, so maybe Seelane, maybe you could try to find out more about this. But there was some four K camera that they were broadcasting that was just this like wide shot of the field, and in front of it was this couple and they kept like checking their phones and reading text messages the whole time, and they had no idea that their text messages were being like broadcast to everybody. Oh, all the people watching the game on this four K shot were watching this couple, and I think eventually somebody's like texting them about it, telling them, hey, stop checking your phone, because they were looking at their phone during the brock. They were looking like their.
Speaker 3: Banking that I'm talking about people filming them.
Speaker 2: And then somebody said, somebody sends somebody sends I don't know why they had it right there is, right where their seats were. Somebody sends them a shot of them at the stadium on their phones, and they're looking on their phones at the shot of them at the stadium on their phone. There's one of them smooching. Just what can you find out why they had this shot? Why why did they have this It looked.
Speaker 4: Like it was something that was kind of defaulted to during commercial breaks. So really it says, dude, the main broadcast the National Championship on Oh my gosh, I clicked it by mistakes.
Speaker 2: Son of them bit.
Speaker 4: Come on on the ESPN four K channel. So it's a different way of watching the game than I think most people did. ESPN four K channel. There's a couple sitting right in front of the camera that they are just showing instead of commercials, and they are kissing and flirting NonStop, and they have no.
Speaker 2: Idea the whole world can see them.
Speaker 4: There should have been somebody behind the scenes in the control room. I know it's not maybe the main broadcast, it's the four K one, it's a little more premium, but that camera should have been lifted.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. They're they're looking at photos that people are setting them of them kissing, and they have no idea that they're being broadcast the whole time. Like they're scrolling through the photos on the phone, them kissing, them talking with each other, and like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then there's took almost half the game, but they figured it out. There's an actual picture that they finally looked around and saw and looked dead into the camera.
Speaker 2: I would have done that the whole time. I'd be like, you want ESPN to change this shot, Let's turn around and stare at the camera for the rest of the games. Just be like it's still going.
Speaker 3: Eventually I will show one boom or something like that.
Speaker 2: Pope.
Speaker 4: You know what it would have been the ultimate share of the show Tuesday is if we showed up today to find out that that couple was like, oh, you want to put us on camera the whole time, Let's show you what our favorite podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would have I would have cried. I would have cried live on the show. But alas they didn't do it. They were too busy sucking face with one another. And that's the way it went.
Speaker 4: A couple of comments. Hopefully not another cold play situation.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, they if they did turn around, especially but if they did turn around, it shows me that probably probably that they weren't cheating. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was curious because I've watched very few National Championship games, but I've watched a couple and I don't remember this being a thing last year year before. Maybe I was just not paying enough attention. When did people start calling it the natty? Like shortening it, like shortening it like natty light.
Speaker 2: That's all I know is natty light when I hear natty.
Speaker 4: But I saw a lot of people on social media, including Amy Koffel, posting call it to natty, calling it to natty.
Speaker 3: Okay, word trademark because we find ourselves in those Well they could use it.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, maybe maybe Amy Coffee wouldn't be able to use it. This is not her personal personal social media. Yeah, I don't know. I saw the one of the players celebrating after his victory with his mom, who was in a wheelchair. She has a MSS, I believe, and she came out into the center of the field and he was celebrating with her. And then here's the Trump announcement. I guess, let's listen, Trump going on the jumpbo least. It's so hard to tell when they do this. When I was watching live, it sounded it sounded more like you gotta pop, like I heard a reaction, and it didn't seem like a colossal boo. Maybe there's better audio than that. But the one I heard nat We're going to take a quick break. We're going to take a quick break when we come back. We have so much to get to today. It's a very busy share the show Tuesday. I want to make some deals. I want to see if we can wheel and deal today on the show, and we're going to try to do that throughout the broadcast. Also some interesting announcements that are scheduled during the show. We got more drama in Minnesota with people out there trying to hunt these ice people. What's going on with that. There's a lot for you, and it's coming up next in the news junkie. Let's make a deal here, all right, Okay, Because when I see a lot of stuff going on in America, I don't know if I can be the great uniter. I don't think I have maybe that skill, but I at least have some reasonable ideas, and I think maybe that can bring people together. And when I see things going on that are just like super unpopular, bad strategy and just a bad look altogether, Like, for instance, the idea that in Minnesota, a lot of the people that are angry about all this ice stuff, they took to interrupting a church on Sunday, Like they went into a church and they interrupted the church in the middle of it. Families are like cowering. Keep in mind, I think it's worth saying, folks, there have been multiple churches that have been shot up in the last five years. So when weirdos come in and start screaming things, it's a little bit of an odd circumstance to be in. And you have disgraced Dodo former media personality Don Lemon, who is with some of these people at this particular church in Minnesota, and they went into the church and they started like harassing them during the sermon.
Speaker 3: Why church in particular? Is there a reason?
Speaker 2: Uh? One of the I think the pastor has like some sort of connections to Ice and they didn't like that, Like the pastor works with like the ice facility locally or whatever, and they didn't like that. And so I brought this up even to the folks on chat during the break. You can hang out over there on YouTube during all the breaks and get a little more content if you want, YouTube dot Com slash the news junkie. But I said, you know, is anybody in support of this, And there are very few people that would say they support somebody going into a church and interrupting a service, heckling them, you know, facing down the pastor and all of these things. And I don't care what your excuse is. I don't care if you say, like the pastor supports ice, that's none of your goddamn business. That's none of your business. You are not an enforcer for all people who don't agree with you. That's not how this works. That is authoritarian, that is that's the bad thing that you're doing, right, Like, it doesn't matter if you disagree with them, Leave them alone, Leave these people alone. But maybe we can make a deal here, Maybe we can make a bit of a deal. Because I saw this story and it seemed like, wow, this is a really bad idea. Why do these protesters seem so eager to go into all the annoying places brunch when people are just mining their own business, and just all these other locations where it's like, what the hell are you doing? Like, protests are meant for big, open public areas. Protests are meant to show your disagreement with the government federal, state, or local, and show them that there are other people who agree with you, to show out enforce to show you disagree with whatever is happening in your world. That's what a protest should be about, not about scaring little kids inside of a church. That's that's bad. I'll take the wild stance of saying that that's bad before I try to make a deal. Here, here's some of what happened. I guess let's.
Speaker 7: Say they're saying, Renee good.
Speaker 2: Are this guy right here? This one particular person. I've seen a bunch about him. He repeatedly does this stuff. He harasses people, pulls out his camera, gets in people's faces. I think he's gone into some churches before and done this kind of stuff. He seems like a pretty bad actor. Uh, and he's part of this larger group that went into this particular church in Minnesota. He said, why are you not standing up with the people in the Somali community?
Speaker 4: Interrupting worship?
Speaker 3: That's what these chaos makers are doing.
Speaker 2: Chaos makers.
Speaker 4: All of this type of behavior is plaguing the Democrat led city of Minneapolis at this point.
Speaker 2: All right, so this is Fox News talking about what happened to this church in Minnesota. Here's my proposition. We make a deal. Okay, we make a deal. These protesters will stop going into these non public places to express their disagreement with whomever they disagree with. They will stop going into churches and leave the churches alone. These people who are out there on the fringes and who are doing this stuff interrupting church will stop immediately harassing everybody that disagrees with them and going into churches and stuff. And as part of this agreement, everybody on the other side that hates this that I agree with and I'm like, yeah, this is an obnoxious this is a terrible thing. Everybody on the other side will say, Hey, if there are women trying to walk into a clinic to get an abortion, you will also leave them alone and you will let them that person do whatever they're doing to mind your own business in that scenario, that should be what like average Americans lock in on. That should be a deal that we all could make with each other where you say, stay out of the churches, leave these people and these families alone with your stupid radicalized politics, and hey, in exchange, will stay out of this other thing that we do that's literally every bit as annoying, okay, that I've seen with my own eyes before, And I think it's a fair comparison to barging into somebody else's life in space where you absolutely positively do not belong. Right. I think that if we could make some agreements as a society to do things like this, to say, hey, it's time to back off a little bit, it's time to chill the f out.
Speaker 3: We got a long year ahead of us.
Speaker 2: We've got three years still ahead of us. This is we're at the one year mark today. We got to make some deals. We have to learn how to work with each other. We have to learn how to be able to occupy the same spaces and exist in the same families, and we should make some deals. Hey, there should be some places that are off limits. A place where you're going for any kind of medical procedure, A place where you're going to share information with a medical professional that is nobody else's business except for yours, and as long as it's legal, nobody else should be involved in it. A place where you're going to worship in a church where you should be able to worship free of any lunatic running in screaming whatever they're dumb. Politics are at the top of their lungs.
Speaker 4: A place where you're going to eat in a restaurant on a Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: The brunch one that really pushes myles trying to eat some breakfast burritos here, I think step off.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you had made your grievances out loud during the brunch protests. I can't say we've heard of one the last couple of years. So this is a good start. As far as church protests and the abortion clinic protests, is it not.
Speaker 2: I think that there are always protests going on. There's just constant protests, but the locations don't usually annoy like this and like, well, I mean people are chasing around ice officers or fake ice officers all over the place. But there are there haven't been too many instances like this where you're like, dude, what are you doing? Back out of the church, for God's sake, leave these people alone. There's people, there's families leaving and the father's like like kind of hugging his kids walking out of there, and Don Lemon's at the door going this is what protests are for. It's meant to strike fear in people like you, absolute dumb ass. No, that's not what protests are for. That's not what protesting is about Protesting should be against laws or your government. Protesting should be done in public spaces. Protesting should be free of harassment of individuals that disagree with you just because you want to invade their space. And this should go both ways. We should be able to make a deal on this. Come to the table today and see if you can agree. Let me know. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com or send an email tips at the news junkie dot com, Tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. I'd love to see what you think. But that's really bad, bad strategy, bad everything across the board, and not a great idea, to say the least, in my opinion. Give us your thoughts with your dispatches, et cetera, et cetera. I did see there was a fight, and this is not very surprising in the hockey world. Even the kids fight sometimes, as we saw the other day with that like stage little kid fight that they were investigating, which honestly seemed kind of fun. I was enjoyingment.
Speaker 3: I wasn't against it.
Speaker 2: I was not against that one. And then, and this is hockey, so everybody, like you know, you're not getting into somebody's space and doing something and it's not expected. It's hockey. Fighting is part of the thing. At least, that's kind of a you're watching the happy game, you know, you do, you do. It becomes a part of the experience. And in this particular game, I guess the fight broke out. And I don't know how often this happens, but at one point both of the goalies were fighting each other. Here they are, it's the Florida Panthers goalie and the San Jose Sharks that burst. You take both the goalies.
Speaker 3: They're battling it out. The first time.
Speaker 2: They have all the padding on because of the goalies like out there trying to skate on the ice punching each other. How often does it happen that the goalies meet for a fight. They're so far away from each other.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're winded by the time you get to the fight in.
Speaker 4: The middle you're skating over there, like hold on, wait place, stop when a fight starts, Because you'd think if both goalies were fighting, somebody get their hands on the damn puck and start scoring. Man, Yeah, that would be the last goalie fight ever. If they got into in the in the on on ice fisticuffs and then somebody started just scoring.
Speaker 6: Trill.
Speaker 2: We're fixing everything today. This is another thing you get. Do you know anymore fights in hockey. All you have to do is say the puck is live during the fight, and the fight breaks out, and then one person locks their eyes on that empty goal is the goalies are fighting in the middle of the rink or whatever it is, and then boom, the game changes immediately. They're not out there slugging each other. That's a good question. I don't fight.
Speaker 4: I think they call it a rink when it's a hockey game. I mean it is rink.
Speaker 2: It's on the ice they hit, the ice they take. The hockey field is a hockey field, the hockey ice, the hockey ice field.
Speaker 3: Er pitch for field hockey, arena, rink or stadium for ice hockey, often named after sponsors.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course, yeah. I mean you gotta get the money, surement, the system there.
Speaker 3: What rink was this one on?
Speaker 2: This was? It was well, it was the Panthers were playing the Panthers were playing the Sharks in the NHL game. Hockey fans, let us know if that's more common than I'm thinking. Like, does this actually happen more often than I think? But I don't think the.
Speaker 4: Goalies fight too much now because usually the fights start from some sort of clash or they hit each other or something happens. I don't think the two goalies typically come into contact with each other, so it's it is kind of a truck for them to start fighting.
Speaker 2: I think it's novel, I do, but let us know. Tips of the neews junkie dot com say one of those dispatches on the website quick break when we come back, somebody made a huge mistake, and you could make this mistake too. I don't want you to lose hundreds and hundreds of dollars. So let's try to prevent this from happening. When you're ordering what went down? Wait, t you hear this? Plus your feedback is rolling in and that's coming up next in the news Junkie. Let's make a deal on stuff like this, and it should be simple to do. We say, hey, stop harassing people who disagree with you politically, Stop harassing or random people in the streets and like deputizing yourself. Stop busting into a church while little kids are there during a service and shouting out all your nonsense. No one cares. Shut up and leave these people alone. Stop harassing people at brunch, and in return, stop harassing people at other places where they're making medical decisions that are between them and God and no one else. Then maybe the doctor and not your business at these abortion clinics where they harass women all the time who do the same things. We can make a deal on this stuff. They can make it a federal crime to harass people like this. And then people go, well, they're not going to stop doing it, Shohn, Yes they will. People will stop doing anything if you start arresting them, they'll stop doing all the this stuff.
Speaker 3: What about my damn right?
Speaker 2: You don't have any rights? If I tell if they make it a federal crime to not be able to you cannot harass people in these spaces, then you don't have any rights. You don't have any right to do that. You shouldn't have a right to do that. Just like I've talked about these things so many times because people get lost in the sauce. I am a huge proponent of free speech in the old school style where people are even allowed to disagree with you and stuff. But if you think that means like somebody would be able to sit up on my front lawn every day and be like, Sean's dead mother is a horse, Sean's dead mother, and like I wouldn't want to not only punch that guy in the face, but absolutely stomp him to the curb and get him arrested. Yes, of course, of course that's the case. Of course, that's how people feel. And if you feel the way that I'm talking, it's a totally normal and rational thing. And rationality needs to take charge once again. Enough of these little whiny babies. Push them out, make more things illegal that are obnoxious and rupped all of society, and arrest people for doing them. When people are breaking the law, put them behind bars, they will stop doing it. It works every time, more so than sex panther. That's incredibly successful. I tell you this. Okay, here's what I teased before the break. So I want to talk about this and maybe you Sabrina and Seiland have run into something like this before. But this woman went to a hotel in California. Montecito, California.
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 2: Where's that is? Montecito, California, like Wine Country or by Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Felix I just googled Montecito. There was something else that it was coming up in.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with Monte Sitar.
Speaker 3: Beautiful and you can find it very close to Santa Barbara.
Speaker 2: Santa Barbara, so that's southern California. I think, yeah, I believe. And this woman goes to this hotel in Santa Barbara area and she is with her husband and they say, you know what can we get you and her friend goes, I want this. They were on like a mini moon, which is you know, like a little little honeymoon thing that they were doing, and they her friend says, I'll take this margarita, and she goes, you know what, I'll take the regular margarita. And they say that's what you want. You want the regular margarita. She says, yep, sure thing, that's what I want. And they bring out this margarita for her. She tasted it. She goes, it's good, and they said, you're enjoying your margarita. Yes, it's good. I'm enjoying it. Thank you. And she goes on with her time with her with a partner and is enjoying herself. And when the bill comes back, you know, they bring over the receipt for her to sign, and she says, I look at it, and it says three hundred and five dollars. God, and she looks at the line items. One of the line items on her receipt is the margarita she ordered because the bar had something called a regular margarita for two hundred and eighty dollars.
Speaker 3: And they didn't double check.
Speaker 2: How convenient they have it on their menu. It's made with Don Julio nineteen forty two. You know, maybe that's like a good tequila. I guess Don Julio nineteen forty two. Your tequila heads will know, okay, but you.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't call it a regular margarita. That's not regular price.
Speaker 2: It seems a little tricky. It seems a little tricky to call it the regular.
Speaker 4: Margarite named it the regular margarita, so that if you say you want a regular margarita, uh huh. This was this was sort of like that urban myth back in the day. And maybe it wasn't an urban myth. Maybe there were people that really got got by this. But it used to be when you moved into a new house and you were setting up all your utilities, they would ask you like what service, what phone service do you want?
Speaker 2: And you would say, just give me any phone service.
Speaker 4: And there was like there's a company in town called any Phone Service that is four hundred bucks a month.
Speaker 2: Or something stupid like that.
Speaker 4: They used to tell you, like they used to warn you about that, and I, you know, everybody knew somebody who knew somebody who got got by that scam.
Speaker 2: And I had never heard of it actually happening, but it was a key word that you just said, though. Celan was warn don't you think that if a bar has a two hundred and eighty dollars option, which is obviously much more than people would assume, you might want to say, hey, just to confirm our regular margarita. It's a little pricey. Here's what it is, a specialty one. Yeah, but the people that weren't the were warning you about.
Speaker 4: It, weren't any phone service that wants to get your four hundred dollars. The people that were warning you were like other people who had heard this was a thing. In this case, the bar wants to get your two hundred dollars. They want you to order order that regular margarita.
Speaker 2: It seems wrong, It seems dishonest and wrong. She can't somebody else. Somebody else responded to this in the comments and said, I went to a place where they offered wine, and I said, uh, can you give me a suggestion? What kind of wine should we get? We're gonna get a bottle of wine. And the waiter goes the poly thing they'll ring him wine, and they go, that sounds great, We'll we'll take that. How much is it, by the way, and he goes thirty seven to fifty for that for that particular bottle. Oh great, okay, cool, yeah, yeah great. They bring out the bottle and when they asked for the bill, it was three thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars for this whatever bottle of wine. And the waiters like I told you it was thirty seven to fifty.
Speaker 3: Fifty.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm crazy. They seem dis honest to me, Like name it, call it the regular margarita. If it's a regularly priced margarita.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't other establishments get in trouble for something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, as I'm wondering here, could you do that? Because seems like you're not being a fully upfront about your pricing when you do that, which I don't think is legal, but I could be wrong. And let's put that on the list for MO. Let's bring that up and ask them and maybe you guys can tell us if you had any run ins with something like this. I know there are people before it will be like, oh, you know, I'll take a glass of that whiskey there, right, Can I get a shot of that whiskey? I like the bottle And then they bring over the whiskey and they pour it into a shot glass and you take the shot and they go, oh that was And then it's you know, some Pappy van Winkle or something, and they tell you you owe us two hundred and twenty dollars. Well, there should have been a warning somewhere like, hey, this is not a average priced thing. This is going to be more expensive. And in the food and drink business, when somebody orders something, they can't exactly give it back. It's not like you go to a place and they go, here's the weed whacker that we think you should get, and when you go to check out, you go to purchase it and it's four thousand dollars. You said, this is more expensive than I wanted to spend on a weed whacker. Today we just bring the weed back and put it down in the aisle. You can't put the whiskey back in the jar, as far as I know, well, you can't put the margarita back, and then you can. They frown upon it.
Speaker 3: They don't tell anybody it's back on how secret.
Speaker 2: Not sellable anymore.
Speaker 3: But when it comes to food in BEV and the restaurant industry, you also don't want bad reviews or viral story about how you dupe somebody because you want it to be funny and name your three hundred dollars margerita regular. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that eventually that is going to turn off more people than it brings in. I think people are not gonna like that. I think it doesn't seem fair. But you let us know what you think about this. That's the point of this show. We tell you things happening out there in the world, all things in the world of viral news, and then you weigh in. So let us know if you think that's fair or not. Send a dispatch at thenews junkie dot com. But a two hundred and eighty dollars margarita sounds crazy.
Speaker 4: I think the other thing would have to be, like, if the bar is really dead set on ripping you off like that by calling the regular Margarita two hundred, you know, calling the two hundred and eighty dollars Margarita regular, then everybody would have to be in on it. That means every bartender that works there would have to be the same amount of dick to not go, hey, you know, it's two hundred bucks. Like, wouldn't you feel bad as a server not bringing that up?
Speaker 2: I would, yeah, And I would not only would I feel bad, see lane, as a server, I would expect pushback from the customer when I delivered the receipt.
Speaker 3: And where does that reflect?
Speaker 2: I would take that? Would yeah? I would think your tip would be zilch unless it is gone.
Speaker 4: Unless they combat this behavior by going listen, everybody who serves a regular Margerita gets twenty.
Speaker 2: Dollars right, yeah, no more please. The whole thing is seeming like a scam though. Now the more and more you build onto this old fashome, let us know your thoughts. Send us a dispatch over at thenews junkie dot com. It's very easy to do. You can weigh in with a dispatch or an email, even tips t ips at thenewsjunkie dot com. All Right, lots of people have thoughts. We'll get in as I've promised to some of your feedback so far. There are people who are leaving work today. I'll tell you what that's all about. There's an announcement coming up, and that's just some of what we've got in the next segment alone. Don't miss out on anything on to share the show Tuesday, because that is coming up next on The News Junkie. When I see an idea like this, I go, I don't know, damn, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just totally wrong. Of all the fields that I might have an opinion on, the world of dating is not a great one for me. I haven't been single in twelve years, and I haven't been single for more than a week or two days. I haven't been single for more than a week or two in about twenty years.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I have not spent a lot of time in the dating arena on certainly not on dating apps. And it seems like a horror story. I'm just gonna be real with you, single people. It seems bad. It seems like there's good and bad. The good is like, oh, there's so many ways to connect with people that meet new people now, but also it can be a nightmare meeting some of those people.
Speaker 3: Especially when you're just being introduced to that one. In our age. It was way too much when I was single a couple of years ago, a little chat here and there, and then I don't know nothing.
Speaker 2: And then in your position, you don't know if the person knows you, You don't know if they are.
Speaker 3: Out a weird one for sure. I'd rather you just be honest because this is a public facing show versus finding out what you're doing. Spat's name is.
Speaker 2: Right, you know?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well you wait, your double dong Dave? How could I? How could I not have seen this?
Speaker 3: How do we gone to the third date?
Speaker 2: It's all very weird and it seems uncomfortable, but there is I would I would get there just to see the double dong? Why it's the same hot hot take dating. Okay, can't be real Number one, So singles, tell me if you've heard anything about this. My guess is this is media outlets for the eight billion time just kind of making up stuff that that they saw on Twitter, you know, saw on some platform that nobody.
Speaker 4: Has done one very niche thing that's happening in one corner of the world that probably doesn't represent the rest of the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so often that that Sea Lane is the case. And the story from USA Today says twenty twenty six is coming in hot with a new dating trend. It's called hot take dating, and it's already starting to take over the world in the scene. According to Tinder's Year in Swipe report, it's a doozy. You know, the typical advice of avoiding touchy topics like politics or religion with somebody you just met, especially on a first date. Well, hot take dating throws out that conventional wisdom and encouraging daters to get as upfront and honest as possible about their viewpoints, especially their most controversial ones. Tell them what you think about the Jews right off the jump, baby, just first date, you're like, oh, can we get into the Jaooh oh god. That seems like such a bad idea. But is it a good idea? Because why not sort it out? Like, let's say you're some left wing woman, which you know is a lot of them. You're some left wing single woman, and you sit down and some guy goes a couple things about me, like football, I'm a big fan of the Raiders, and also I stormed the Capitol on January sixth.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what that picture was.
Speaker 2: You might be like, oh okay, I like hot take dating. That made this a lot easier than it would have been. I could appreciate that.
Speaker 3: But there's also something to sucking the magic out of a first date where you don't have to get into the complicated stuff. Maybe there's a prompt. There's one of the apps it is Hinge if not the other one, Bumble, where they prompt you, like they give you the first question if you.
Speaker 2: Were the star of a TV show, Which TV show would it be or something like that.
Speaker 3: But if you were to pay one nine nine extra, then you get into the hot take questions. But that's after the first day flirting.
Speaker 2: So they do have that, like they do. They literally have a thing where they'll give you an ice breaker question and it could be about politics.
Speaker 9: No, no, I am suggesting a new Oh okay, okay, well I guess yeah, yeah yeah, because I mean I think that is going to cause the most division.
Speaker 2: But now we live in a world full of these really soft people, and I bring up the soft people and the political people, because they're at the heart of our problem so many times, and the soft people and the political people seem to be one of the same. So many times. They just can't stand for somebody to disagree with them, Like they can't stand the idea that they would go out on a date and they'd go, well, how do you feel about this? And you bring up some sort of topic and they'd be like, oh my god, you can disagree with me. Oh my goodness. Imagine like you must agree one hundred percent with somebody otherwise you're going to go nuclear. That's weird. USA today continues. It's not a totally flawed strategy. Dating and relationship experts say, oh, I trust them so much, but if not done tactfully, hot take dating could land you on hot water. It also could accidentally repel people who otherwise would have been a good match but got the wrong impression about how set you are in your beliefs. I've seen people do this kind of stuff, like in a mild way for a long time. For instance, I've seen people who'd be like, hey, I'm four twenty friendly, I get that, or I'm a drinker. Because if you're a drinker, if you're a pothead, you probably want somebody who aligns with you or doesn't care, you know, like they don't they don't have to do the same thing as long as they don't care. If you do it, you're probably gonna want alignment on that. But that that's like how it used to be kind of thing. Now it's like whoa, how do you feel about elon musk? But also electric vehicles? But also US kidnapping Maduro from Venezuela, but also Canada Tariff says, like what, I don't want to talk about any of these things. I thought we were going to have a couple of drinks and get naked and roll around for a little while, at least three or four minutes. That's what I thought we were going to get into. But that's not what they're doing. Then you can tell me about all your Smith's mortions. Yeah, I'm coming up. According to the Tinder you're in Swipe, thirty seven percent of singles say they find shared values essential for day, with forty one percent almost half of these single people saying they're unwilling to date somebody with opposing political views. Folks, we're going to breed into what we're going to breed into political parties further than we already were. We're just going to be like this guy I'm going to set you up with. He's got a great job, he's really really nice, he is so kind, he opens doors, he gives to charity, works at soup kitchen on his time off. And then you're like, who cares? Is he a Republican?
Speaker 5: Ew?
Speaker 2: Gross? Oh the idea that that's where it's.
Speaker 4: Not that crazy though, I it's not that crazy because some of the people who are like really hardcore about that, they're not gonna they're not going to want.
Speaker 2: To be with somebody like that has opposing views. Yeah, but the idea that that's forty one percent almost half of people.
Speaker 4: I think of the person who like you agree with but is so like a certain way about it that it's annoys you, Like, like I have pretty I have aligning views with you, but you still kind of annoy me in the way you approach it. You think that person is going to entertain dating somebody who has different stances on political Uh, you know, like.
Speaker 2: What but isn't it isn't the divider there celane that like I wouldn't want to date somebody who annoys me. Well, yeah, say but but but I'm not just by default annoyed if they disagree with oh truth, Bob, So I guess forget. Forget. It's great.
Speaker 3: I think you can have opposing views, but if it's going if it takes over your entire life, that's not someone I want to be with.
Speaker 2: Yes, but but you're if you're disagreeing with the person on the fact that, like, if you say that this person, it's not because they they don't agree with me on these topics. It's because I find them annoying. I think that's more justified. And maybe you'll find it hard to separate those. But I don't like I think what Seland's saying resonates with me. In as much as sometimes I can agree with somebody, i'd be like, hey, yeah, yeah, yeah, and then they'll say someone'll be like what dude, Yeah, It'll be really obnoxious what they're saying, And then I'll see a part of the personality that is away from these political leanings that I find to be annoying, and that that I think is fine to focus in on. But like I'm saying, that person imagine if you're finding somebody. Imagine Courtney couldn't disagree with me, which of course you can't, but imagine that.
Speaker 9: You know there was a world where do the magic button sound? If she said something and I was like, what you said? Bitch, I don't agree with that at all. You shut your mouth, or this relationship is over.
Speaker 2: If in twelve years we haven't disagreed on something, I'm not with a person and that I'm interested in. For me, I want a little bit of difference of opinion. I want. I don't want to date myself, for God's sake. How masturbatory is that? It's weird? Weird, weird. Courty and I disagree on all sorts of things. We agree on many more things. We agree on most things, most core beliefs in life. But the idea that you're like, I don't want to date somebody who I might disagree with, so I need to get it all out right at the front. That's what USA today says is happening. But again I don't know if I believe this. The trend is also emerged because of social media, which encourages people to have a hot take about pretty much everything in order to gain attention. And followers. The attitude is bled over into other dating apps too. People are now so accustomed to sharing opinions online. It's almost like in order to get traction, you have to have a hot take, you know, on and on they go. But sometimes it goes awry. Well, of course it does, because how hot can these takes be? Yeah, I don't think I don't think most people. Well, maybe I'm wrong. I was gonna say I don't think most people to approach it this way. But if forty one percent of people agree with that, maybe I'm out of touch on the dating interactions, which is very possible. But let us know what you think. If you're in that world. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, a couple of things. Here's an interesting email. Dusty emails the show and he sends along the link. I'll take a look at this link in a second. He says, today I contacted Verizon. He's talked about the Verizon outage, and he says, I got my next bill of one hundred and fifty five dollars waved just by talking to support over.
Speaker 3: At Verizon doing that automatically.
Speaker 2: No, they're giving them a twenty dollars credit, twenty dollars credit to their accounts, and people wanted more. And this person, Dusty says, I called them and I said, I'm not taking this, I want my next bill waved and he said he got his next one hundred and fifty five dollars bill completely waved, just by talking to support. Everybody can do it, he says, just a helpful to mention on the radio to get it to everybody out there. And somebody says, don't settle for twenty dollars. This is an Android Authority dot com. I don't know if they're legit or not, but don't settle for twenty dollars. Verizon carde Verizon outage crowd. You remember two dollars? Do you remember a little store called Sports Authority if they were the end all wait all there on the sports So if you call and complain, it'd be nice, don't you know, don't be too rude or whatever. There's people saying that they will completely wipe out whatever it is that you owe for your monthly bill up to two hundred dollars.
Speaker 10: And the.
Speaker 2: Customer sport people have been allowed to do this. They've been like granted authority to do this, So if you're a Verizon user worth it, I guess, right, well, you know, why not why not take a shot at doing that. Let's see what else we got here for emails coming in tips at the news Junkie dot com. On the football front, where there was the couple on that four K shot that Celan was digging up more information about, Darren says. On direct TV, it's something called the four K default view when commercials are running on other channels. It's the default channel for recording major sports events. And the weird thing was for the people who were on this shot, the camera was right over their shoulders. They were like kissing each other and texting and bringing up their their apps and stuff on their phone, and they had no idea that there was an entire audience of people watching them because on direct TV and some of the other outlets, I guess they put this up during commercials and it was a view of their seat and a bunch of folks were just watching them back and forth, I guess, And it was.
Speaker 4: Only for people who were watching specifically the four K offering that I guess you probably pay extra for. And so I don't know if that's why they don't put commercials on it or what the deal is.
Speaker 3: But I'd rather have a commercial, say in the back of people's sets.
Speaker 2: For a bit, it was this is kind of weird, but I never watched anything like that necessarily, I don't have direct TV.
Speaker 4: When my roommate had the MLB package back in the day, and he bought just the MLB package so he could watch, like you can buy it just for your team, because there's so many baseball games, and he just wanted to watch the Cubs, and so he would watch the games. And they also did not show advertising on some of those games the way that you would watch them, and instead it would just be silent, and it was always awkward, like I'd be doing something in the in the house, in the kitchen, whatever, and all of a sudden, it's super quiet, and I'm like, the hell is going on? I turn around, was like, Oh, it's the it's the commercial break. We'll be back, and I'm like, I almost kind of wish you would just show a wide shot of the of the diamond and have the crowd noise just so there's some ambience, right, or that's I think why YouTube TV started doing those little like they had like little jingles playing like bring.
Speaker 2: It's a little more exciting, I guess yeah. Steven emails Tips of the News Junkie dot Com. Last one for now Junkies. Oh Mg, it is comically painful listening to you guys talk sports, and I love every moment of it. An idea for the most epic April Fool's Day show Junkie Sports Radio. Just roll with whatever you can think of. Bring on guests like Fritz and Josh, or have Fritz on the street, but all sports related. The most epic show ever. Keep up the good work, Wiggles and Pop, says Stevens.
Speaker 3: You like actual sports interviews. I love those in with professional players, and even the email will prompt it as if we are crazy sports.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to really get into the analytics and stats. We're going to stats crunch or whatever they call it. We're probably not going to do that in the case you're trying to tone now. When we come back, we're looking for a big announcement today. There's a big announcement that's coming down the pipeline. We'll get into what that is. People are leaving work today. I'll tell you why that's going on. We'll get geared up for the next episode. Then I have another deal I want to make with you. It's let's make a deal here on this show today. I've got another deal. I think I can bridge the gap. We'll see how con t reversial this is. That as well is on the way and it's coming up next on the News Junkie. There's an announcement that is being hinted today. We'll get to that in just a bit here. I want to make another deal. Let's make a deal. That's what I'm working on in the show today. I'm trying to fix things. I'm trying to bring everybody together. I have to tell you, just to be real with you, I've been so disappointed with the news cycle so far in twenty twenty six. First, I started off the year with two weeks of being sick and barely having a voice, so I couldn't get to what was my big goal for the year, which is to start increasing the output of videos on all these social media channels and doing short videos and some longer, more in depth videos, and doing a lot of stuff that can add content and build up the audience and drive in new people to the show, but everything has been Ice. It's all Ice, and I'll be honest with.
Speaker 3: You, yeah, I will take care of within the week.
Speaker 2: Ice is like the overarching story. Like there's a website that I follow. I don't know if you guys have seen this. It's I use it as one of my stupid show prep things. But there's a website where each day somebody has this Google sheet and they put the main character, like you know today's main character. They say, each day online there's somebody who becomes the main character and they get all the focus and attention. And sometimes it's like a really stupid thing. Like for instance, one day it was this guy named bean Dad who was who was on a podcast with the Jeopardy host. I remember being dad, and Bean Dad was like, I just saw my child struggling to open up a can of beans. And my child was like, I'm hungry. Helped me open this, Dad, and he was like, no, we're gonna learn a lesson here. You're gonna learn how to open that can of beans, and that's when you're gonna eat. And then people decided at that point to grab their pearls and clutch hard and say your your child is hungry, help them, let them have the beans, and let them and bean Dad became a thing for a day. He was the main character of the day, as dumb as that sounds, right. So this year starts off with Mom Donnie on the first being sworn in and stuff. Maduro you know, being grabbed out of Venezuela and he's held in prison in the United States the anniversary of January sixth, and then every day the main character has been Ice, Ice, Ice, Ice, Ice, Ice, and Rob Reiner didn't get a no, Rob render didn't even make it make it on the list here. It's been Ice every day for the last two weeks. At the end of last year, he might have.
Speaker 3: Been yeah, oh maybe it was Christmas.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't even feel like we talked about January sixth that much on the anniversary of it, aside from this manledging that it was.
Speaker 2: The next day after January sixth, January seventh was when Ice, the ice officer killed Renee Goods. So it's been NonStop since then. It's been nice every day. I don't want to make videos about this. I want to bring people together, I want to share viral news. I don't want to do this let's make a deal. ICE will stop going through these neighborhoods and getting lower level offenders, people who perhaps just over state a visa or just cross the border in this country illegally. ICE will stop with the heavy handed deporting of a lot of these people that aren't your more aggressive criminals. If finally, everybody else who opposes this will be willing to get serious about the security along the border. If finally we can stop the root cause of this, then we'll make a deal to stop going nuts into porting everybody with sombrero, everybody hanging out at the burrito shop. Maybe we can make a deal where we go, hey, finally we can make something happen here where we secure the border and this doesn't continue on forever and ever. Amen. That would be something that I think most people would be on board with. But the problem is when you have an entire party in the United States of America who has basically just turned their back on a major problem affecting all these border states, and more and more and more illegal immigrants have popped into the United States of America. They've been encouraged a lot of them by some of these people, like, you know, we're not going to do anything but pop on over. They flood in, their family floods in, and then afterwards it takes somebody doing something to get them out of here. If we could stop the problem and have legal immigration in this country takeover and make sure it's orderly, we know what's going on, and you know everything is above board and we're secure, then maybe we could stop with all this over the top enforcement of things. This would be a deal I would like to make. Let me know if you're on board, send a dispatch at the news Junkie dot com or email the show tips tips at the news Junkie dot com. Please stop letting Ice be the main character of the day. I want more. I want more, Please, I want this announcement too. Because if you're a theme park fan, I know sometimes people will want to make fun of you for being a theme park fan, including Sea Lane and Sabrina. They'll go after you. They'll call you Disney adults, They'll call you all sorts of names. They'll they'll think you're a nerd for wanting to go enjoy some sort of you know, theme park. You were person until you were the other person.
Speaker 10: I was not.
Speaker 2: I I don't think I was you were. Okay, give me give me some one example of how I Wanney adults weird. Yeah, Disney adult, that's weird, Selane. Disney adults are weird. People who make their entire personality about being a Disney adult. And they're like, you know, he's usually acoustic.
Speaker 3: What does that make you?
Speaker 2: That doesn't make you a Disney adult. Disney adult is a personality type. It's a person that their whole existence and being is simply about this thing. And even people who go to theme parks regularly are like, ew, look at this person. Jesus, you got three pairs of Mickey Mouse ears on at the same time. They don't like them either. All right, now we make a deal on this too. About to fix everything today, God, one thing at a time. Universal is teasing an announcement. Let's see if they've done it. Let's see Universal Studios. Do I still google Twitter or do I put X Universal Studios X. I think it's Universal Orlando Resort.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: They were talking about having a big announcement today. Oh, they did it. They just dropped the announcement. Here it is. They have said, finally, what is replacing the rip Ride rocket that is being in the middle of being removed from Universal Studios Orlando right now. Everybody kind of knew this was coming up, but they've announced that it's the Fast and Furious Hollywood Drift roller coaster, which is coming in twenty twenty seven of the Ununiversal Orlando resort.
Speaker 3: They Fast and Furious already, No, no, but that's the next.
Speaker 2: Thing that they're replacing Ripride Rocket with the same roller coaster that they just launched in Los Angeles at Universal, which is like fast and furious cars on a roller coaster. I'm kind of cool looking, but your point being, they already have a Fast and Furious riding, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: They're replacing that with Hollywood Rip Ride Rockets. The experience.
Speaker 2: That, just for those of you who don't know, the other Fast and Furious ride that they have is universally hated.
Speaker 3: People do not like that doesn't make any sense anymore stupid.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, the family, everybody's family.
Speaker 3: Here and the hologram of Ludacros from It's so many years ago.
Speaker 2: People hate that, and now people are wanting that to be replaced, And that sounds like it makes sense if you have Fast and Furious the roller coaster, maybe you replace the other thing. And what I'd like to see personally is a revamp. I'd like something done where they do a back to the future ride. I'd like to see a back to the future like modern interpretation of that. Okay, I think that Riddle me.
Speaker 4: Now, the place where Fast and the Furious is the current incarnation, not the roller coaster. That's what used to be terminator to T two three D.
Speaker 2: That used to be like the Beetlejuice thing over there, And okay, no, no, no. T two three D was across from the broadcast center and that is now what's the Matt Damon one Borne identity or whatever. That's like a a Matt Damon Bourne whatever show. So I don't.
Speaker 3: Imagine it was actually Matt Damon being born every single ride.
Speaker 2: That'd be great. I watched. I think it was Celane.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think of the other Matt Damon thing like Goodwill Hunting the ride.
Speaker 2: I think it was. I think it was disaster. Disaster is first disaster. It was earthquake. Twister was where Jimmy Fallon is. I think because we all we all went on that right before it closed out. The three of us went on that ride together. Yes, very hum before, very very high. We were actually yeah, I think so it was. I remember some of it, but get yeah, and I remember at that point time whole like two year obsession with Bill Paxton started. Yeah, and you guys memorized the video that they used to play on the line.
Speaker 3: It was an hour wait, so we said a lot of Bill.
Speaker 2: The Edibles kicked in just at the right time, right, yeah. Yeah, So now there's no way they gonna have too fast and the Furious stare them, and they might. I think that they should. This would be good too, came to them like having ceases and assistance. Yes, and furiouses. Pharaoh Kings says, bring back Jaws.
Speaker 3: I loved Jaws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be down by that. I think Jaws could be wrong. I'm not so great on the theme park history, so I think Jaws was where Harry Potter is.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think you have it pretty You have the old map versus the new map down pretty well.
Speaker 3: Replace the Shark with Baltimore and he just pops out of the water fire and the tour guide is like, whoa, we've loved.
Speaker 2: Big upgrade communication, big upgrade, though.
Speaker 10: I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan I think this could be cool. But let us know what you think if you are a theme park fan, if you are even a Disney adult, or if you want to agree or disagree with my second let's make a deal.
Speaker 4: I got more for you if we're going to get chime ins from theme park fans. Add in because I'm curious. You mentioned that the Harry Potter where it is now in that park used to be the Jaws area. Are there any odes to Jaws, like secret nods or Easter eggs?
Speaker 3: I think they saw that rope that they had them.
Speaker 2: They have the shark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have the Shark over that's that's not like a hidden thing like when you go on The Mummy. There's a certain scene in which the lights kick on and you see all this. You see all this golt. Okay, you see all the gold.
Speaker 2: Be happy with yourself, and that.
Speaker 4: This lady that just died on No, I'm talking about this statue of King Kong that's hidden among all the gold, because that building used to be where the King Kong ride was, and there's a reference to Back to the Future in the Simpsons ride for the same reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you. I'm such a poser on this, and I'm willing to admit it, just going to try to be honest with everybody as much as I can. I when I was on the cruise, and I told you guys, when I came back, like there was ten to twelve foot waves for like forty eight hours, and I was losing it.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 2: I was kind of lose. I was coming apart at the scenes a little bit. I trying to boot flights, took some what they call drugs, and I sat on the very comfortable bet on this Princess cruise line and I put on because Courtney was sleeping. This did not bother her nearly as much. I put on Back to the Future. I had never watched Back to the Future the full movie and just paid attention to it and just gotten the full experience. And I watched Back to the Future one, and then I watched Back to the Future two. And Back to the Future two is all right, but Back to the Future one is literally a great movie. I've perfectly done, perfectly written, holds up brilliantly.
Speaker 4: When I was younger, I liked Back to the Future two more because I liked all the future stuff I want.
Speaker 2: I liked the little pizza hut in the in the.
Speaker 4: Food rehydrator, and I liked all the little gadgets they had wheel yeah, yeah, the screen where you would have all your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Some of that stuff came true. Actually, some of the predictions did. It was so anyways, let us know what you think. Is this a good idea? What should they do with the other Fast and the Furious? Right, if you're a theme park person, that's another thing we could toss out there. We want to hear from you. Send a dispatch or an email and we'll get to those momentarily. Thanks for the Gifted Subs. Sean Patrick's day The Gifted Secret Shows subs appreciate you. Somebody gobble that up on the news junky dot com right now, though, what's coming up next on the well, what's coming.
Speaker 3: Up on the next episode, what's coming up on the next epode? Old phrase bendelight Beckham new working phrase, make it weird like Beckham's son. Bad news for poison fans looking for a good time. Apparently Brett Michaels wants a lot for just an a time. Plus Nicki Nintendo Lemon Sonic, it's fighting time. Grab your popcorn or swords. I'll find so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 2: And that is coming up next on the news, Chunkie, I hope you will take a moment to tell somebody about this fine radio station, podcast or live stream, no matter how you're joined the show today. Love you for it. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do the next step episode.
Speaker 11: Because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you gonna talk about?
Speaker 2: The politene They'll bring him wine. That sounds great. Nothing, It's time for the next episode with Sabrina. Hey, hold, that is right.
Speaker 3: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage guide on that Mortgage guydn dot com and the Homeowns radio show refinancing, buying your first ring home, maybe looking to start a business. That mortgage Guy Don has your back on all those things and everything in between. Start the process today by going to his website, That Mortgage Guy Don dot com.
Speaker 2: Do miss the foolc.
Speaker 3: Mortgage dot com. It was forty four years ago, time do be a flying nineteen eighty two. This guy right here, thank you, And it was on this day you bit the head off goddamn bat. Jeez, some fan through it on stage.
Speaker 2: I've never going to live that one down.
Speaker 3: He is no longer a lot. No, that main is nightmare or his purgatory is just always eating this bat.
Speaker 2: It's just bats flying over again.
Speaker 3: And of all places of rock and roll and eating a live bat by accident, did you know it was in Des Moines, Isolad no I da Ossie had to be hospitalized for rabies. He also claimed that he thought it was rubber, So double trick your bats, folks. Now let's move on to twenty twenty five and what would be another forty year anniversary with.
Speaker 8: This group.
Speaker 3: Always and Poison's fortieth anniversary tour is off.
Speaker 8: No I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna get us all tickets for it every roll. I think that's guns and roses. Well, uh, what's Poisonous is not paying Brett Michaels enough. According to reports, it was supposed to celebrate its fortieth anniversary the band Poison, but it's not happening, and supposedly all because Brett Michaels wants to be paid six hundred more than them. Okay, take a good time. Brett thinks he's a little more equal than the other guys. According to Ricky Rockett on the drums, yow, he wanted to the Lion's share of the money to the point where it makes it not possible to even do it. It's like six dollars to every one of our dollars. He can't just work that way, So I guess it's all canceled.
Speaker 2: Who else is even in the band? Ricky Rocket, I wouldn't have ge C. C. Deville is actually an amazing guitarist. Wow, Bobby, he's a really good guitarist on the bass. I don't know Bobby Doll. I could go without Bobby Doll.
Speaker 3: Ricky Rocket, who's giving all the juice in his own drums?
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe he's good. But as far as drummers with those bands, Motley Crue Tommy Lee just kind of stole it when in the Battle of those Bands with the drummers.
Speaker 3: But he also has a drum that goes like three sixty, which is cool. And a lot of people saw Wiener, Yeah, a lot of people did, which was cool. Says Finding a replacement for Brett and doing the tour without him isn't out of the question, but it's not something they want to do. That's when you end up at a theme park doing twenty minute sets twice a day.
Speaker 2: Could band six more?
Speaker 4: Did they give any like hard numbers on this because for every one dollar I make, he makes six dollars.
Speaker 2: Am I still being paid?
Speaker 3: Well that's a great question. But I guess considering the budget they were going to have for the fortieth, it was too much to put it all together.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are these other guys do? Did anybody else write Every Rose has Its Thorn? Or was it just Brett Michaels.
Speaker 3: I mean one of the original members C. C.
Speaker 2: Deville was the original guitarist's best second. Remember, I don't know if you write everything. The thing about these bands is if one person wrote all the songs, is the reason why the whole thing exists. That person should get six.
Speaker 3: Times cold write lyrics. But it was a guitar riff written by somebody else, you know, put the rock and the roll together.
Speaker 4: Well, if that's the case, Sean, if that was the case, which it's not. If that was the case, he's already getting more money just from airplay, streaming all that stuff. But on the Every Rose has its Thorn? Wikipedia page credits songwriters Brett Michael C. C. Deville, Bobby Doll and Ricky Rockett. Oh that's all of them, that's all four members.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then if it's all four that were part of the creation of these things, then and it's different, it would be a different thing. I don't think you should get six times what they get.
Speaker 3: Maybe five, Yeah, four and a half. I feel like there's no negotiating and Ricky Rockets now just talking to the press and no word from Brett Michaels. We do have some word from Don Lemon, who's now responding to Nicki minaj and something that was not on my Bengo card for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Right to Fight.
Speaker 3: Spoke earlier on the show about Don Lemon in the now trending situation sharing the footage from the Minneapolis protests that interrupted a church service led by David Easterwood. He serves as both the pastor and acting director of ISI's Saint Paul Field office. Lemon framed it as straight journalism. Nick Minaje saw it as not straight at all and went about calling him a homophobic slur. The post of Don Lemon had circulated it also overnight. Nicki minaj fired back and said, I quote Don see sucking lemon is disgusting all KapS. How dare you I want that thug in jail. You would never do that to any other religion. Lock him up and paired it with an image of Chucky the Doll. Now Don didn't respond with his own tweet storm, but instead this video that I censored and cut for time because there's a lot of dramatic pauses.
Speaker 12: Let's see what you said about responding to Nicki Minaj's unhinged, homophobic tweet about me. And usually don't respond to this stuff, but let me just say this, Nicki Minaj, stop talking about for which you know nothing about. This is out of your out of your depth, by the way, and you are a homophobic bigot. You don't care about African Americans, and you're not an African American from what I know. You are reportedly an undocumented citizen, so you should be deported under Donald Trump's rules.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is that your family members, you have one.
Speaker 12: Family member who's reportedly a sex offender, the other family member your husband or whatever sex amender is her husband, and one of them is reportedly a pedophile, and you have nerve to talk about me and what you think that I do, Nicki Minaj, nick get a life.
Speaker 2: Stop being a pick me.
Speaker 12: You should have put a pickney doll on that damn t a tunkey doll because you are nothing but a pick me.
Speaker 2: Clock that.
Speaker 3: Clock that.
Speaker 2: Talk, that talk that mean and what opportunity do I say, clock that after.
Speaker 13: Laying it down?
Speaker 3: Or if you maybe you're like running really fast and you want someone to give you your time.
Speaker 2: It's a weird move to be like, look, deporting all these people from Ice is super bad. And also Nicki Minaj should be deported from the United States of America. I think unceremoniously audio muchacho her out of here.
Speaker 3: She said, throw don lemon and jail. But they'll share a cell or something pop style.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: And finally, why should year a cell when you could just have this lady's clothes and other items? Oh yeah, yes, that is correct, points to Sean. Cindy lauper Is announced she will be selling items from her closet so her fans and a bid to raise money for charity. Details of the closet cleanout first announcer over the weekend reveal that the eighties pop icon is going to be selling sharing auctioning stage outfits and streetwear at a pop up event and New York Heady taking place at Write This Down one nine to two Orchid Street.
Speaker 4: Is there an actual, like iconic Cindy Lapper items that people would want?
Speaker 3: I think there's like a is there a jacket with frills on it from that music video or just like she wore it a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, there's there's like colorful stuff that she used to wear that probably would stand out.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of stuff unworned pieces as well, And the charity is going to be girls just want to have fun. Fundamental Rights see what you did there? Co founded by the Time After Time singer back in twenty twenty two. So if you're in New York and want some of Cindy's crap, be sure to show up today at that address. I already forgot. On the boob tube, we have got Coast to Coast Tuesday with the Rockets and the Spurs, Nuggets and the Lakers. I hope everyone just has fun. Series premiere Star Search on Netflix, ww Unreal on Netflix, and you can catch Will Smith getting jiggy with fallon All Your Dreams of Me on Instagram at Sabrina and most importantly, they with me America.
Speaker 2: Smopyed every day. Thank you, Sabrina. Did you guys actually watch the National Championship game last night? You watched a much of it?
Speaker 3: No, no, I've been watching his and hers.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you one of the holy moments where I was like, well, I was wrong about that. I was, I go, oh, here we go. They're about to do the national anthem. Oh, it's the guy from from the latest season of American Idol. People are still watching American Idol. And then the guy starts singing the national anthem. Whoever that dude is, Holy cow, that guy drilled it in the bar. As soon as he got to the end of the national anthem in the bar, I was like, dude, dude drilled it. Whoever? That dude is the guy from the last season of American Idol who sang at the halftime for the National Championship game. Kudos to you, my friend. You have a beautiful voice. And I tried to downgrade you because I thought no one cares about American Idol anymore, which they don't really. Most people don't really tune into that as well. Jamal Roberts bro Jamal Roberts absolutely banger voice. I'm just really really good, so shouts out friend. All right, when we come back, people are leaving work. Why why, We'll tell you what's going on there. I got some more deals to make on let's make a deal kind of day here, and also a very very surprising story about some new technolog that I think everybody needs to know about certainly before you buy another phone. So don't miss this. That and all the rest is coming up next on the news Junkie, Let's make a deal. I'm making deals left and right today. Baby. I think maybe we could do something to bring back some rationality and sense in the United States of America, where it seems to be lacking. I want to make a deal. I want to make a deal. And one of them is related to this continued insanity that we see where people are like finding ice officers under rocks and shadows everywhere. You censored this thing I sent over right Sea Lane. Yeah, I think I had lots of bad words. No, there was only one, but oh really, that's impressive. There was one bad word that they censored. They also self censored the word predator a lot, because you know, we have to do that these days to feed the algorithm.
Speaker 3: They don't have like a fun word like they.
Speaker 4: Have predator or something like that. They should have stupid. It boils me all the time. But anyway, uh, the particular words that they had, who doesn't say that was all the time boils me. It boils my blood. It's continuous bottling, you know, it literally bottles up their mind. But no, they somebody said bull ass in it and they censored bull. They didn't say to the word.
Speaker 2: They said, oh god, what what radio station do these people work at?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 2: Right, So this has all been cleaned up and brought to you. You might have seen this going viral on all sorts of platforms on the internets all over the social medias that you know and you love and you hate and all the rest. That one, that one, that one, And it's these people who once again and thought they found some Ice officers, just like they saw the guy with the rented car and they thought he was an Ice officer, just how they saw the dude in the Camo jacket and they thought he was an Ice officer, And just like they thought one of their own protesters was an Ice officer, just like they thought the two coating bros at the store because there had been some online report of ice interactions in this this restaurant where they were eating. They thought they were ice. They're seeing ice in all the shadows, and I want to make a deal on this. But first here is what's going on. This was people at this cafe harassing these folks who they thought were ICE officers, but they weren't.
Speaker 3: Let's listen, hey, Ice, We're not We know you are, so Ice Border Patrol.
Speaker 2: See. I love this. It's like, we know you are.
Speaker 8: Like.
Speaker 2: So they asked them, we know you're with ICE, Like, we're not with ICE, and we know you are. You were Border but you're you're lying about this with Ice cool. We know you are cool? So I order patrol. Were Internet Crimes gives Children? Oh yeah, we said, we're with Internet Crimes against children? Which is this like some YouTuber thing or is this like a legit organization?
Speaker 4: And I don't know whether they're they have any government sanction, but they are apparently a group that hunts online predators.
Speaker 2: Or with IKAK. He says, we're Internet against children and he said, we huntlne we hunt online predators. That's what I said. We we're with internet crimes against children. Internet crimes gives children. Oh yeah, cool windows. You said you're hunting online predators, and all of you have tinted windows. That's a new symptom that you're if you're a bad guys. If you're a bad guy, you have tinted windows. And so that's clearly that's an indicator that you're up to something. That's what they're saying, respect whatever you do. I like that too. The guy goes, we don't respect whatever you do. Like, could you entertain for a second that maybe you're wrong, Like maybe you're are wrong and they're really going after child predators. Whatever it is you do, we don't. We don't respect it at all. Like, hold on, we stop people from sexually abusing little children. Don't care. Don't respect it. We don't respect it. We don't lock it at all. We don't respect whatever you do. We don't. We don't believe you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not it.
Speaker 2: Bromart at noon on a Wednesday Friday. Yeah, okay, cool, see it too. Bye bye. These people are deranged man stupid people. He said, they're getting all their license plates. That's a new one. That's a new full face on the internet. That's embarrassing, full face on the internet, he says, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: So what happens after they get into their car they move on to the next place.
Speaker 2: What the first thing that they do is they take pictures of the license plates of these cars and they go on these websites and report them as ICE vehicles, which is becoming a problem because they're doing this with the water rental vehicles, and then families are renting the vehicles afterwards, and people are chasing around the families and their vehicles ICE and saying, you're ICE officers, what are you doing right now? I mean, it's just jobs. It's maybe some of them don't I don't know. It's it's all very dumb to me. And let's make a deal on this is here's the best way to channel things. And maybe you disagree. I don't care, but this was the deal that I'd be willing to make. If you disagree with what's happening in this country, if you disagree with the president, if you disagree with ICE, if you disagree with what's happen in your state, if you disagree with what's happening with your local government, find like minded people. And try to win elections. Okay, this is how the system works. If you think X, Y, and Z are wrong with this country and you want to fix them immediately, the correct way to respond to that. You can protest or whatever, as long as you're like in some public place, not being terrible and breaking the law. But if you want to change that, go find like minded people, have a popular platform, win elections, and elect people who will change things in the United States of America to be more like you want to see this country. That's how this is supposed to work. That's the deal that we're supposed to have. Not that you lose and then you just go nuclear because you're on some moral crusade. Go find people who you agree with. The midterm elections are this year. Go find all of the people that you agree with, lift up their campaigns, say this is a better vision for America. We want these people elected immediately. You will have a power shift and we'll probably see that. We'll probably see that in November of this year with a midterm election. Put your energy towards that, putting your energy towards chasing around randos, including people who may or may not be chasing after child Predators is such a complete and total larp. It's a waste of time. It's a larp. You're pretending out there like you're doing some giant moral crusade. I don't know what's gone wrong with a lot of people here, but the ideas should be that you find people who will right the country and who agree with you, and get them more votes. Right, get them more votes. That's how democracy works. That's the deal on the table, and we'll see if you're take it. I might have been wrong here because it says here.
Speaker 4: ICAC most commonly refers to Internet Crimes against Children Task Force, a national network of state and local law enforce horsement agencies, which makes it sound like they are I don't know what authority they have, but they are at least affiliated with government law enforcement, not.
Speaker 2: Not just some YouTubers. At least right, I mean, that's what this says.
Speaker 4: The National network of state and law a local law enforcement agencies fighting online child exploitation and abuse. And then there's also a list of other things ICAC can stand for, which has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Right, So, whatever it is, it's part of a fever dream where you see the bad guys, the evil people all over the place, and it's just more divisive, negative stuff that is driving people up a wall. It's it's causing i think, widespread mental illness in big sectors of this country, and it's taking away from your experience that is literally a once in a lifetime one on planet Earth. Have fun, enjoy yourself, fight for what you think is right, but do it in a way where you you're gonna win the next election and people in charge will change things to be the way that you want them to. Or there is a possibility that most people don't agree with you, all right, And that's how democracies work. If you get out voted, if the other people win, things go in a different direction. You don't get to just always have it your way, no matter what. You gotta make it a popular movement at least. All right, we'll see what you think about all this. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. I don't know if those people were like real deal actually going after pedophile people, but it didn't seem like they were ice. Once again, it seemed like it was just some random person that was being chased down. There are people protesting today, I guess not going to work or leaving work. I don't know if everybody will make it through the show today. Maybe they'll pick up on this protest. There are people leaving work today or no, I'm pretty activated in my community. There are people who are leaving work today. Let's see what's happening.
Speaker 6: Tens of thousands of Americans are expected to walk off of their jobs and out of schools to protest President Trump's first year back in office and his policy.
Speaker 3: That's what patients Dry and Bass joins us from downtown.
Speaker 2: This is a one year anniversary.
Speaker 3: This protests are.
Speaker 2: Planned for today and Ryan.
Speaker 12: Today's walkouts are expected across all fifty states.
Speaker 2: What are demonstrators hoping for here? I haven't seen any of this actually happening. Ask you. You guys got CNN there on at HQ in the studio, is there, like are there protests going on that they've been showing or no full commercial? So just commercial right now? Okay, because they're saying like nationwide walkouts protests the first year, but I haven't seen anybody actually do it literally.
Speaker 8: Just walk out, walk out of work, walk out of school, don't shop all in protests.
Speaker 2: Chrisident Trump's first year back in office.
Speaker 14: It is a coordinated nationwide call to action, with five walkouts playing across the Tampa Bay area, including here behind me at Tampa's downtown City Hall.
Speaker 2: Another deal I can make today is if you were saying walk out of school, if you're a student, no, get your ass back in s. Well, we can talk. When you learn how to read and write, then we can talk about other things. Then we can talk about interactions with like political stuff.
Speaker 3: The greatest group seniors in high school. If you tell them there's a walk up, they don't complete the sentence. They're like, yeah, I'm just going to walk out, skips class.
Speaker 2: I've done the same things. I've done the same thing. When they're like, we're doing everybody just walking out for this, and you go, all right, here we go, and everybody would be taking part in some grand movement that we none of us really understood at all. I want kids to learn how to read. I want them to learn how to write. I want them to learn about history, actual history. Before they get into all that, let's keep it away from the schools. Let's keep it to the adults. If they're going to do it, but are you doing it? Maybe let us know a sentence a dispatch today at thenewsjunkie dot com. A couple of emails. Some of you are strange. This person, Andy says I would date a Nazi supporter if she was totally hot. The hot take dating, he said, it wouldn't turn him off. This is somebody who's had that hook up.
Speaker 8: This is.
Speaker 2: A kester, says junkies. I'm a pretty big hockey fan. The playing service is called rink or ice in the arena can also be called a barn. Oh, I've never heard that before the ice Hockey World. Okay, yeah, at the barn, he says. Goalie fights are really rare because they don't even interact, so I'm not even sure how the beef can get started, he said.
Speaker 3: The internet next.
Speaker 2: The only one he could think of was nineteen ninety seven NHL season where there were games between the Red Wings and the Avalanche where there was some goalie fights. It was one of the most famous fights in NHL history. He says, very cool. A lot of people you emailing about or who are emailing about that particular topic, thank you for the extra information, especially on sports related to stuff, and I appreciate it. Let's see what else we have, I've got more dispatches. Have we done any dispatches? Let's do one. Here's hey there talking about the Universal Studios announcement. It says, I'm disappointed, disappointed about the Fast and Furious roller coaster.
Speaker 15: Okay, I'm disappointed, I'm annoyed. I think many people suspected that Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket at Universal Studios would be replaced by Fast and the Furious Hollywood Drift. But I was really keeping my fingers crossed that it would be something amazing like Back to the Future roller coaster.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if you, yeah, like some a.
Speaker 15: Ride that went eighty eight miles per hour.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if that's possible. That amazing.
Speaker 15: I can't stand when they do this cookie cutter and they duplicate attractions at different theme parks. It's like it gives you less of a reason to want to go to other destinations.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I'm hoping one day at Epic Universe they'll open a portal to the past where they revive some of the great attractions from the past, like Jaws, Back to the Future, the O G King Kong.
Speaker 3: I think that would be loved, so incredible and so.
Speaker 2: Popular that would be cool. I know defunk Land has been talking about doing that forever virtually.
Speaker 3: I've just the Fast and the Furious still has this kind of pull me too.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you're not wrong. Have you ever met a Fast and the Furious fan?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: Tall, white, kind of hair, tight shirt.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I've never met any of them. I don't know who's into these movies. It's just like Avatar. I've never met a person's like I'm the biggest Avatar. I love the blue people like I've never These are fandoms that I don't crash into. I don't I don't see them out there, but I do agree with you. Hey there, I think that would be cool. Although I think a Fast and the Furious roller coaster could be fun. I just wonder what they're gonna do with the other thing. I hope they hope they change it up a little bit. Maybe one more can do it.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 2: Let's see, here's somebody saying Dingo is saying dating is crazy?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 11: What up news junkie Dingo? Here is one chime in real quick about the dating stuff.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 11: I tell you what, I've been married for a bunch of years now, and I live in a house divided. Oh, and honestly, we figure out a way to make it work, and I just have to keep a low profile.
Speaker 2: When I meant, the in law's house probably a better idea, Probably a decent move, if you can do it. I saw something the other day that maybe so sad. It was this young woman filming herself and she was like goating her mom and she's like, did you see this video? Do you see this video? Do you agree with me now? Do you agree with me now? And they were talking about who knows, I saw it, It doesn't matter whatever the thing of the day is. The political people think right, they were talking about whatever the thing of the day was, and the mom's like, can we not talk about this? Can I don't want to talk about these things with you because you'll threaten to not let me see my grandkids anymore. And I'm like, damn, that's so brutal that we have like divisions happening where people cannot agree to disagree, where people are like like a mother would keep grandkids away from a grandmother because of these like divisions, Like that sucks that. I maybe that's just me, but I I don't like that I tise this earlier, So let's work it in here, and let's do it before we get any dispatches from the Samsung people. I don't even know if this is Samsung. Yeah it is, Yeah, well no, no, it's it's the real Me phone. I've never heard of a real me phone, but a new piece of technology, the real Me. Let's look up the price on this real Me P four.
Speaker 3: Power five G and all spell like you think it's Bill.
Speaker 2: Real Me is all together, real Me ri e a LM. And then it's the P four power five G phone. And this thing has a sealane. You might know what this means. A ten thousand MIAH battery, ten thousand and one ten thousand and one mh battery, which this has translated into real life usage. It gives you this phone, this new phone will give you nine hundred and thirty two hours of standby power, thirty two point five hours of YouTube streaming, and one hundred and eighty five hours of listening to music on a on a full battery charge, which is that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a regular usage. If you're not one of the YouTubers that watch us for over a day, we say you could for a week long not have to charge your phone.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That would that's kind of a game changer if you could have a charge for like a week long. Sounds heavy heavy? Are you guys with me on this, aren't you? Does it? Does that pique your interest? Interests way more than a phone that folds? Yeah, I mean I don't.
Speaker 4: Care about a phone that folds at all. I don't see where I see the folding phone and go I have to have that. But I also don't find myself in a place where I can't charge my phone very often.
Speaker 3: I do still, I have like four external batteries.
Speaker 2: All right, you bring it with you. I mean, I just would love to have the peace of mind of being like this is charged. It's good for four days. That would be crazy.
Speaker 4: And then there's this new thing that they're doing where they're like, hey, actually it's better for the battery if you never charge it beyond eighty percent, it'll last much longer.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what not like that? No, No, no, I want to just plug it in all the time and then then I'll have peace of mind. What do you think, folks? Would you get one of these? The real med P four Power five G. Do we have a price on that or is it India? It's going to be launched in India. Okay, I mean that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Let us know, Send us a dispatch. There's your Let's make a deal to the tech companies. I don't care about folding stuff in half. Give me a battery that lasts a week. That's what I want. Go in that direction. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch or an email. Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Back in a second, we're getting teed up for jury duty. Robocops are hitting the streets. We'll talk about that in jury duty. And a big change, A big change for the state of Florida. What's happening. Wait till you hear this. That's coming up next in the News Junkie. A big change for Florida in just a moment here. But I want to tell you another Let's make a deal I have. I'd like to make a deal with Hollywood. I'd absolutely like to make a deal with Hollywood. And the deal I'd like to make is if you make more movies like this, I'll go see more movies. Okay, if you make more movies that are like just interesting, general targeted movies that seem like a fun premise. I will go pay and see these movies in the theater. Let's make a deal on this sort of content, because next week a movie is going to be released January thirtieth, it's like ten days from now, there's a movie coming out called Send Help that Courtney was showing me and I was like, this sounds awesome. And it's like there's a plane crash and the only survivors are this woman and her boss that she hates. Oh, and like they detest each other, right, but then they're on this island and they have to figure out how to survive just by themselves. And it's a horror comedy Rachel McAdams, and it's got Rachel McAdams, who's awesome. It's got the guy and it is Dylan O'Brien, which he's a lot of stuff. The guy who makes the movie is Sam Raimi, who Sam Raimi has made a lot of good stuff. If you've seen The Gift, The Gift is.
Speaker 3: Awesome twenty eight or some other horror franchise Evil Dead.
Speaker 2: He did, Yes, So the Spider Man trilogy between two thousand and two and two thousand and seven, A simple plan, which the first one was was good, the gift. Loved the gift so good. Drag Me to Hell he did.
Speaker 10: And.
Speaker 2: A bunch of other stuff that he's he's done a the years, and he's made this movie and it's called Send Help. And I'm like, these movies are great. They're not. They're not these like big bloated, massive Hollywood productions with blue swimming people and flying animals and creatures. It's just like a well written hopefully hopefully I haven't seen you what a well written, interesting premise. And I know you guys will compare it to a million different things, But to me, at least, there's some level of uniqueness to it. And I like that and I will to see you the same thing.
Speaker 3: The dark comedies lately, I like, it's still in action, scary, you know, pop out, you think about it or dream about it, but then there's some funny moments. Right at this point in society, there's not just that one true genre. You can also mix it up and have it fall under the umbrella.
Speaker 2: Why are there more of those horror comedies like those are fun together?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there are some people that are like, this is the way Hollywood works. It must be funny or scary.
Speaker 2: Not both. But Scream was kind of both.
Speaker 3: Did know, like a parody or satire even though they had the blood, blood and.
Speaker 2: Gore kind of that was that seems more like not another teen movie to me, or those ones that were like a little like more directly parodies. Scary movie was.
Speaker 4: Directly a parody of a bunch of those different kinds.
Speaker 3: Of But like Megan's Body with that had a lot of funny to it and a lot of ridiculous, but there are some scary parts.
Speaker 8: That's what I love.
Speaker 2: I mean, I look, I like all sorts of different stuff. But one of the things that I think maybe is overdone or is underdone rather is that genre. I think that genre is fun, and I think these kind of unique movies are what will hit with a larger theater going on audience. Now, I don't think this is going to be like Avatar levels successful at the box office, but I think it will make money and I think you'll be surprised how many people want to see movies like this. For instance, when Weapons came out last year, Oh boy, did people in the industry know that Weapons was going to be a big movie, so much so that Jordan Peel, who now just buys movies and then releases them and I don't know what he's actually doing anymore, but Jordan Peele was like, oh, I gotta get Weapons. I got this. This is going to be like my return to favor with the movie going public movie. I gotta get Weapons. And he tried to win it, but somebody else out bit him on that movie. And that was one of the biggest stunners of last year at the box office. That movie made a boatload of money and was huge. And I think, look this up. I don't want to get this wrong. I think Jordan Peele ended up buying the movie him see if he wants attached to that because.
Speaker 3: The one with the Wayne's brother Yes, and.
Speaker 2: And by the way, that movie I heard was terrible, but I heard the Wayne's brother guy is phenomenal in it.
Speaker 3: I heard the thing like, it looks so good, like if you were just looking at it. But everything else kind of a drag.
Speaker 2: But that's what they did. And they did the same thing. He bought a monkey Man, which is a good movie. Monkey Man was a fun movie and interesting. He bought that because it was incredibly controversial in India. I think where yeah, where it was originating from. It was incredibly controversial in India and they didn't want to release it on the streaming platforms there, and so he purchased the rights to it. But that's what he does now. I think more people want stuff like this, Send help. What's the one where it's the woman's wedding night and she has to stay alive or something?
Speaker 3: You're talking about?
Speaker 2: Yes, somebody the dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah I am black, but I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: They're like hunting her around. It's like around this old mansion and like that one was again not the most expensive movie to make, but people dug it as a good ready or not? There you go, okay, ready or not? Like I think there's more appetite for these movies, Hollywood, Let's do this. Let's make a deal. Okay, let's see what we got here. We do have a lot of people chiming in on the show. I have been quite bad about playing Dispatches today, and here's our friend insecure Walras telling us a story about somebody who loves fast and furious movies. Okay, that works.
Speaker 16: Sean you ask who likes The Fast and the Furious, Well, let me tell you a story. I was once a big fan of the show Roswell. It was on the WB in the very late nineties and or early two thousands, one of the two. It eventually moved with the upn But anyways, I was a big fan, and I found out there was an IRC chat room on the fanfum page called rashdown dot com for the TV show Roswell. I wound up befriending a girl who was in that i r C chat room. We started talking, dating and eventually got engaged. She loved The Fast and the Furious. She, like many of the people I knew back then, wrote fan fiction. A lot of people wrote weird fan fiction. I know a lot of lesbians that like to write weird slash fan fiction, where like the members of InSync all loved each other and turned into hamsters and all kinds of weird.
Speaker 2: Did you say turned into hamsters. Well, that wasn't a twist.
Speaker 4: That was sing and dance after they became hansters, because like that is based on fan fiction.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is from what Twilight I think. Yes, there's been a couple of breakthroughs like that, and Twilight.
Speaker 3: I believe was based on my chemical romance lead singer. Uh yes, I mean I believe being I.
Speaker 2: Know that you're right about the fifty Shades of Gray thing, because I remember when that came out, people like, whoa if you can do this with fan fiction. There's so much of this content out there. There's like hundreds of Harry Potter books that are done by fan fit people that are literally top notch stuff, but really really well written, high quality stuff.
Speaker 3: Hollywood's like, no, we're just going to reboot that one movie four times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, number number six of this franchise, number seven, back to them. This girl I dated was not like that.
Speaker 16: She preferred to write normal fan fiction, but it was very very much about the Fast and the Furious.
Speaker 2: She had one story. It was like a novel. She was like eighty five chapters into this thing.
Speaker 3: Eighty five got too much.
Speaker 2: And she loved that.
Speaker 16: She loved Vin Diesel with very few clothes on. I tell you right now, that wasn't me. They love me at all. Long story short, After about six seven years we broke up six but she loved Fast and the Furious. I can tell you of at least one person that does.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you and secure Walris pop quiz hotshots pop quiz. What is the Florida state bird? What is the Florida state bird?
Speaker 3: Not flamingo?
Speaker 2: Nope, it's not the flamingo. It is not something like it's something so common. Not the tit mouse.
Speaker 3: No, no, I should it is no snow It is a northern does make sense?
Speaker 2: Is your clue? Northern blank mockingbird? Yes, it's a northern mockingbird. That's actually right, I've got a right for real, it's a It's a northern mocking bird. It's been the state bird in Florida since nineteen twenty seven, and a state representative by the name of Jim Mooney says, this is stupid. We should have a flamingo as our state bird in the state of Florida. Isn't a southern bird at least, right?
Speaker 3: But dude, we've only seen what I've only seen one flamingo in the wild, have you, guys?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I have.
Speaker 3: I mean, I almost cause an accident on a freeway because I'm like, that's a.
Speaker 2: That should be a requirement. Are flamingos out there in the wild in Florida? That should be like a definite work require speak of one, but there's at least one out there.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: Let's you know, I think the state bird should be attached to what bird you would see when in that state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flamingo would be much more representative of Florida when I think, like flash some Florida items in front of me, Lotto, flatto, beaches, you know, all these things associate with Florida. It's not about where I am or anything, like what do I think of? What I think Florida? I think beach is big time because we're a peninsula. And I think of theme parks, you know, because Orlando's dominant. Obviously I think of I think you think of things that you think about oranges, right, but I don't think of a northern mocking bird for God's day?
Speaker 8: No, but.
Speaker 3: Really change it up. Alligator with wings or maybe just alligator.
Speaker 2: Has to be something real, it has Why do we it it's birds because it's the state bird.
Speaker 3: Well it's change it out there, reptile.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think. Should it be the northern mocking bird? I don't mean to run down this option, but it's stupid. Or should it be the flamingo that's how you alter the audience's respond Should it be this stupid thing or this the flamingos seems better? But let us know what you think. Jury Duty is coming up next on the news Junkie. I saw from the Michelin Guide people that they released the seven best sandwiches in all of North America. I don't know why they chose seven, but like, that's what they picked. They picked the seven best sandwiches in America, and two of them were cheese stags, which what's the cheeseteak battle in Philly? It's Gino's is one of them? In and Pats Okay, neither one of those. It's Dallas Sandro's. Dallas Sandro's in Philadelphia. They said it was one of the seven best sandwiches in North America. And then the Compechiano Torta at La eighty nine in Mexico City.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't they spread out the type of.
Speaker 2: Sandwich they really like? Cheesecakes the cheeseteak cheeseteak excuse me, served at Fred's Meat and Bread in Atlanta, which is bread? Yeah, I like that. The Italiano in Lardon in Chicago, which I'm not familiar with either, the Lamb Pieda in a restaurant called Yellow at Washington, d C. The Mavalletta Butcher in New Orleans. Yeah, pita doesn't seem mega SANDWICHI but yeah. And then the Pombazzo de car at a place in Denver. And I cannot believe that the media noce at Auto'shidive did not make the list because in my estimation, I know we got some some fans over there.
Speaker 3: I can name, say seventeen if the best sandwiches just here in Central.
Speaker 2: Florida, A lot of stuff. We got a lot of stuff. There was like an explosion in restaurants within the last ten years where they just did like simple stuff and they make great sandwiches, and I love that.
Speaker 3: I think the bread is the biggest part of all of that.
Speaker 2: What's the key thing what makes it great bread?
Speaker 3: It has to be a good bite, even if it's getting toasted. I don't want to just have it all bread or it's gonna break my teeth.
Speaker 2: It's got to be like a lot of times, the best ones will partner with a local bakery and they'll get like something real special that comes in every day fresh my mouth water. God, man, there's a lot of good options out there. What should have been on the list. Let us know what you think as we get into this, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 12: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 2: You're now in jury duty with the News Junkie Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only Mo Duwitts of the Duit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, Callmo, or go toescalmo dot com. After an accident, There's lots of attorneys out there. Make a smart decision for you and your family. Make sure that you are taking care of yourself, your family and your future by calling eight hundred Calmo or go toescalmo dot com. Pretty scary situation in Indiana. They say a shooter is at large after a judge and his wife and we're shot at their home in Indiana. Let's see the details because News we got a pretty good story on this, says please are searching for a shooter after a judge and his wife were wounded at their Indiana home. It happened two seventeen pm Eastern time. On Sunday, they found the judge, Steve Meyer, year veteran of typical New Superior Court Io, and his wife injured, they said. When they were approached for comment, the police said this remains an active and ongoing investigation. The shootings have raised widespread concern for the judge and his wife, and more widely about the safety of American judges. US Supreme Court justices have spoken out against the threats of violence that besieged the court in twenty twenty two, including there was a guy who got real close to trying to kill Chief Justice John Roberts. I mean, there's a lot of crazy people out there. They said. The judge was treated for an arm injury and his wife for a hip injury. Both are in stable condition. But they don't know exactly what was going on here and why these people may have been targeted. But it was a judge that was shot, and we'll see if there's any information that comes in in an addition to that over from the Indian art authorities. Uh, what else we got here? Oh, Timothy Bussfield, who've been following This guy is not a household name, but I I guess he's from the cleaning Lady. This is it a series?
Speaker 4: The Cleaning Lady was the one that he's in trouble for and the one that he was a director, producer or something one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe both the very familiar face. It was back in like the nineties in random roles.
Speaker 2: He was in the West Wing a bit. Yeah. Well, he was going to be in this new Amazon MGM film called You Deserve each Other, and they have announced that they're completely editing him out of it.
Speaker 3: They're just him out his third gig that he was. I mean, these are all new episodes or new movies that are supposed to come out. Yeah, so he's doing really well until all of this, Keeme, I guess so yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you might have mentioned this where NBC pulled an episode of Law and Order SVU. He was going to be on that and that was supposed to debut in two days and they've they've removed that as well. And now he's fighting back. And like you mentioned before, Sean, You Deserve each Other. This thing they're editing him out of was a book that they've made into a movie.
Speaker 8: Was it.
Speaker 2: He's big into that field. I think Timothy Bussfield. They said he's sharing shocking new audio from the twins who were accusing him of a molestation, and he said it badly undermines their allegations. Audio shared by busfield attorney's first reported by TMZ, showed the child actors deny Busfield ever touched their genitals. When first questioned by cops in November twenty twenty four, The twin boys only referred to as VLNSL and court Dos were asked by an officer, so you know what's right and wrong? Right? You know, nobody could touch your private areas. One boy said yeah, but he doesn't touch those parts. The second boy said no, he's never touched me, never, And this is what he's putting forward as evidence that he didn't do anything. I will ask another question was why were the kids being questioned by cops at the time about this. Why were the cops asking them whether or not you were touching their genitals? Why was that conversation going on, Because maybe there was something else that was said here. The family is saying the kids were talking to a therapist later on and they said that he did indeed touch them. I don't know what's what, but this guy's career is imploding and it looks a little bad for him and his wife at the moment. So it's weird that in this situation, and it's very uncommon normally when we're just hearing about this happening to regular non actor people. But they said that the twins are being just identified by letters. Yeah, the twins are in.
Speaker 4: The Wikipedia page for the IMDb page for this production, like oh.
Speaker 2: Obvious, who VLNSL are, So they're hiding their identity. But if their initials, it's not even like victim one and victim two. How old are they now? Let's see, because they said this when he when they were talking to police and said that that was November of twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four, and there were other victims that one settled and the other one was already over the age. I guess such a limitations.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh really, okay, yeah, I don't see the exact nature the little kids, though, sufficed to say, like the little kids who they are very young looking. So somebody's saying I know him as the jerk from Field of Dreams. I don't know. I don't recognize like oh, point Dexter from Revenge of the Nerds. Yeah, we have talked about that. When I first broke that's right, yeah, yeah, But he continues to get pressure. He's defending himself saying, look, even the kids said I didn't touch them. So we'll see what else happens on that story as things continue to develop, when if we return the Power Hour, the final hour of the show is going to arrive, and I want to tell you something that's happening with Netflix that's wild and something that they're calling the most romantic thing I've ever seen. But is it. We shall all judge together, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. All right, we have a bunch to get into in the final hour of the show. Not sure where to go next. I guess very quickly I can hit on this because it's an update to something we've been talking about. Uh Don Lemon, who's probably quite happy that he's getting a lot of chatter today considering his overall irrelevance in the media landscape as of late. He's getting a lot of mentions because he busted in this church with these people and in the middle of a church sermon, they started yelling at all the church parishioners, all the people in the pews of families and stuff about whatever it was. Some of them were yelling about ice because the pastor has, like, you know, some gig with ice that he's been doing for a long time, I guess, and they took issue with that. Other ones were like, why aren't you around the Somalian community, which seems like an interesting time with that, considering the Samalian community is absolutely wrapped up in these fraud cases in the state of Minnesota. But he was part of this group that ran into this church and did this, And now I guess somebody asked the president about it. So if you're Don Lemon, you're probably happy about that. You're getting some more clicks and whatnot. Here's what President Trump said about this whole thing show.
Speaker 14: This is what the pictures are trying to protect, because all I wants to do is get them out of our country, bring them to prisons, in jails and mental institutions from where they came.
Speaker 2: That's all they want to do, the patriots, and they have.
Speaker 14: To be abused by guys like Don Lemon, who's a loser, light weight.
Speaker 2: I saw him the way he walked in that church. He was terrible. I had such respect for that pastor. He was so calm, he was so nice. He was just accusted. What they did in that church was horrible yesterday. So he's talking about this old incident in the church's he appears to have like a stack of almost like a wanted posters or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says Minnesota, worst of the worst. The only one I could see is this dude, and it says he's wanted for rape, robbery, sexual assault, obstruction of police. He's got like a stack of those to represent the people who he's saying they're trying to apprehend in the state. But I don't see any I can't see any other ones. And then he says don Lemon, the way he went into that church was I don't even remember what he said, but like he's a lightweight, I think was his comment. And a loser.
Speaker 3: Is he the only camera there?
Speaker 2: I think he was. I could be wrong about this. I think he was live streaming, and I don't know that he was the only person there. There seem to be a lot of people, as you could imagine that had you know, their cameras up and they're doing that thing like what are those phil abouts up and you sleep or not like that that sort of stuff. But maybe he was the only one that he does live stream, not to a a massive audience of people, generally speaking, considering he used to be one of the lead anchors on CNN. But let us know what you think. Your response to this send a dispatch over at thenews junkie dot com. I'm going to refrain from too much con comment on this one, but I wanted to discuss it because I have seen it out there and there's a new Star Trek series that is getting review bombed online which is on Paramount Plus. I don't have that. I don't have Paramount Plus and I have never I've never been into Star Trek. I don't know what the hell is going on.
Speaker 3: One of the movies it was fun though, and.
Speaker 2: I like when it's Starfleet Academy. Now they say it's like even further into the future, and I don't. I don't know what's going on, but I know it's getting review bombed. And some of the clips I have seen are pretty cringe and funny, and they're like, this is a thousand years into the future and there's still fat people and they were still wearing glasses. There were sharing a pair of eyeglasses with each other.
Speaker 3: It was like that, that.
Speaker 2: Probably wouldn't be a thing. But I don't know the rest of it. This is against it from Slash Film, and it says it's a day that ends and why, which means some petty little hate machines are busy spreading, spending their precious time on this earth review bombing another movie or television series for being too woke. This time it's the new Paramount Plus series Star Trek Starfleet Academy. That's what let's talk about it. I don't know, and this whole thing is very much like you know, Slash Film generally comes at it from this angle, and they're in support of the show. They said the rotten tomatoes, let's let's get up that because that'll at least give us an idea of the broader audience and what's happening Starfleet Academy Season one. The reviewers there, you got to divide, as you often do. Reviewers are at eighty seven percent on the Tomato meter and the audience is at forty three percent on the Tomato Meter.
Speaker 3: The audience do they get to comment or is just the rating?
Speaker 2: The audience also can leave a comment too. They can leave a review with a comment so you can see more about what their problem is. In a lot of cases, audience popcorn meter all audience.
Speaker 3: Why is it not point not excepting their cookies.
Speaker 2: It's because there's eight thousand pop ups right now that they're trying to hit me with all at once, which is just pleasurable Internet browsing as per usual. But forty three percent is the audience score on this. I saw some people saying, and I again, I'm not going to be able to hard take this one for you. I saw some people saying there was all sorts of things in the Star Trek world that they were violating, like different rules and things that you can't buy. Yeah, that's a good way to say, like cannon in the Star Trek world, and that's what their problem with it was, And like so many other things like She Hulk and some of these other projects, the a female reboot of Ghostbusters. It's a shield in it of itself because if there is criticism and you go, you guys are breaking cannon and it's actually not really a good show and it sucks, then they'll say, oh, you just don't like it because it's female focused, or it's like a progressive take on this but Star Trek people, if you have watched and you have a thought, let us know what you think during the show today with the dispatch at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but try to explain it to us quickly because we are not Star Trek people, so we are not going to get.
Speaker 2: A lot of the time.
Speaker 3: I beam me up Scotti Leonards and.
Speaker 2: That's about all. I don't know what was the what's the guy with the the little or the glasses he's got like the little reading rainbow reading rainbow guy. Yeah, he was blind and that was the only thing to let him see, but he.
Speaker 3: Shot lasers out of those eyes and he was able to take.
Speaker 2: Down I know that was Cyclops from uh X men all right, kind of looks similar though they both had that thing, that the glasses thing going on top store. What do you think this is? According to the Wall Street Journal, by the way, what do you think what percentage of American households make over two hundred thousand dollars? What do you think the percentages of American households they're thinking about like the American dream and you know how how well everybody's doing, et cetera, et cetera. What percentage of American households. That means if there's you know, a couple of mom and a dad or whatever, they're combined in the household bringing in over two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a household, they're bringing in over two hundred thousand dollars. What percentage of US households do you think that is?
Speaker 3: Twenty three?
Speaker 2: Twenty three? What do you think? Zelian? Uh, thirty, You guys are both way high. It's I was surprised that it was eleven point nine percent of US households eleven point nine According to the Wall Street Journal. Today, they're saying eleven point nine percent of American households now make over two hundred thousand dollars per year. That could be dual income or not. It doesn't have to be, but it would be twelve percent of Americans are making over two hundred thousand dollars a year in their household. Somebody says, so, basically, eighty eight point one percent of us are just here for the struggle. Well, I don't know if sub two hundred thous a year in your household is here for the struggle. But somebody says, serious question, does two hundred thousand feel like rich where you live. It's a fair question, and a lot of places two hundred thousand dollars doesn't feel like rich in Los Angeles, California, San Francisco, California, in maybe even Miami. I don't know if it would feel rich to have two hundred thousand dollars per year in New York City, New York City, no way.
Speaker 3: You're just making it.
Speaker 2: You're living, You're just getting by with a nice place, a decent place. I guess I would say, you know, that can depending on how much money you spend on stuff. Some of these I see apartments in Miami that I'm not super impressed with, and then somebody will say, well, this is six thousand dollars a month apartment. Jesus six thousand dollars. I'm moving back in with my parents every single month. So these they're saying two hundred thousand dollars households is about twelve percent of the United States public, which I thought was higher than I would have anticipated. You can or you can't. It doesn't, it doesn't have to be. It's just talking about general households in this particular case. So we'll see what you think about that as well. And now let's go to some of your feedback, because I have not gotten to enough of it. I apologize for that. Let's see what we got here. Josh says, I'm late sending this email to tips at the Neewsjunkie dot com. I headed that part, but I really enjoyed the old best of over the Break. It's weird. I have flashbacks of where I was listening to those segments from like ten years ago. I love the Jack Hannah interviews so much. Rip Jack Hannah. Your old radio clips with Jacko is hilarious. So those are like clips of me on Wild ninety five to five. I think when I was on a top forty station. I really enjoy all the stories about your dad. They cracked me up. He seemed like an interesting dude. Loved the show, says Josh. Josh, thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Somebody saying about the about the drinks, well, this was the margarita that somebody said, i'll take the margarita. I'll take the regular margarita. And when they brought the bill, the regular margaritas were two hundred and something dollars a piece, and they didn't clarify that. This person says, look up caveat em poor. He says, m tour. I think it's mpoor, isn't it?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 3: And that just that I already know that it's an expensive drink.
Speaker 2: No, this is that's that's not what it is. Let the buyer beware, right, Yeah, I think so, he says, caveat E mpto R. Is that how Maybe that's how it's spelled. Basically, he says, Basically, if you aren't one hundred percent sure about the price, it's on you.
Speaker 3: The buyer loan is responsible for checking the quality and uh suitability of goods before a purchase is made. That's that does not go for food. You're trusting that the restaurant and the chef is going to make sure that the quality is good.
Speaker 2: Well, what is this? Is it a law? Is it a I think it's just a principle. I don't think it's a law.
Speaker 4: But this is saying that the buyer is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods, not the price.
Speaker 3: Yeah, suitability and price go hand in hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's buyer beware, is what Celan was saying. I think, And it's a short form of caveat m tour. It is empto r quia ignore non d quild Jewish alien emit let a purchaser beware, for he ought not to be ignorant of the nature of the property which he is buying from another party. Jesus, okay, I just want to burger.
Speaker 3: I don't want to learn a lot.
Speaker 2: Thank you Andy and Atlanta, thank you, he says. If you're not one hundred percent sure about the price, it's on you still a dick move. This person says that they want to be anonymous. ICAC, that's the group that said they hunt to these young predators. Are the predator people online. ICAC in Florida's a task force made up of FDL Sheriff's Office detectives and local police detectives. Each state attorney district has a task force. They do ride in unmarked cars with tinted windows, and usually go online and set up meets like Chris Hansen did on to Catch a Predator. They catch the guys who want to catch the kids and nets anonymous set all right, thank you appreciate that. And one more. Brenda emails and she says that movie Send Help looks really good. That you were talking about I saw the trailer weeks ago and I thought it was out, but I can't wait to see it. Evil Dead and Drag Me to Hell are awesome movies. Also, I'm wondering how do people have time to drive around and film people who they think work for ice like, get a damn job. Love y'all keep up the great work. My three best friends, Thank you, Brenda, appreciate that. With that, we're going to take a quick break. I'll get to this person. They said it was the most romantic thing they've ever seen. But I want to let you decide. I want to see what you think about this was it? Indeed, we got everything else to wrap up the show and to share the show Tuesday, so stick with us. That's coming up next on the news Junkie. Big apologies to.
Speaker 4: I thought you were right too, man, and I don't even think that's the first time we've gotten that wrong.
Speaker 2: To the jack Hanna family, Jack Hannah's not ripped. He has not died. He just the story was. I think that he like stepped down from the zoom.
Speaker 4: He retired from public life in twenty twenty one. He had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and then they said his family said that his Alzheimer's progressed to the point where he no longer recognized most of his family members.
Speaker 2: And that was two and a half years ago.
Speaker 3: Damn, we killed them.
Speaker 2: He's still with them with us. Yeah, that's my bad. I apologize that that was my mistake. He is not dead. I would be curious, you know.
Speaker 4: We brought that up because somebody had in an email said that they liked listening to some of the old best stuff we did during the holidays, one of them being we interviewed Jack Hannah. You played a game with him where you offered to donate to a charity of his choice if he could name the animals that you were playing clips of.
Speaker 2: Had He had a fun time too. He loved it, And I'm like.
Speaker 4: If he I wonder, you know, because Alzheimer's kind of works in weird ways. He doesn't recognize a lot of his family members. He still recognizes the animals.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Music is a very big thing with Alzheimer's dementro patients.
Speaker 2: They go back crazy too.
Speaker 3: They could do and recite things from when they were in their twenties and thirties but not recognized their own children.
Speaker 2: It's so scary, is the right word. But you know, to watch that happened to somebody and think about, like all of the implications if that strikes you in your loved ones or something. It's tough.
Speaker 3: It is tough one, but there is a small window. That's very funny. I will say with my no no. And she was witting at the full blown dementia where she was asking me the same question forty times in a row, but every time I answered, until I finally gave her the answer she wanted. It was the funniest response, where's your boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend. I'm kind of focusing on work. Tough s. Then she played a tiny violin and then she said ah. And then it was very entertaining because there's no filter. And I'm sure if you look back on it, maybe that's not the way you want to be remembered. Banana, that was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Well, that's I love. I love the same thing about autistic people. I find that to be phenomenal in so many ways. I find it, you know.
Speaker 3: The truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like no filter, just unabashed, real responses. I think I love it.
Speaker 4: The episode of Love on the spectrum where they were doing like a speed dating thing, and they had a card to fill out, you know, to whether or not they liked the person, and the one girl started filling out the card while the person was still sitting there and checked that she didn't want to hang out with this guy anymore.
Speaker 3: There's so many great parts that kids that were just making out in front of their parents.
Speaker 2: I never thought about this, but all autistic dates are hot takes dating the right. They just sit down there and they unvarnished truth.
Speaker 10: Yea.
Speaker 2: They're like, look here, I don't like you. I don't quite like you.
Speaker 4: But the hot takes aren't about for them, like politics and stuff. The hootics are like do you like trains, because you better like trains.
Speaker 3: I like trains, You don't like trains.
Speaker 2: You're done, you get out of here. I love it, man, It's one of the most amazing things about people who are that far into the spectrum like that, and that's why people love those shows. I mean, it's made a couple of them really famous, and I think it has helped to illuminate in a good way, actually, the plight of autistic people and families who have somebody who is autistic, you know, in their inner circle as well, which is one of the reasons why I get a little sensitive when every thirty something TikToker is saying when I'm actually self diagnosed as autism, and it's like, oh God, shut up, please, right, I got this story. They said that this guy is the most romantic husband that has ever been that remains to be. Do we beat him up? Is he is he making us look bad? Me? Might be? This is what he did, and hang on, let me get back to his post here. Okay, he made a post online for people to hire his wife, all right, and I'm gonna unmute this, have you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, it's so cute.
Speaker 2: It has three hundred and sixteen thousand likes, millions of views. And he made a little song. It's called the most romantic thing I've ever seen. That's what some people are saying about it. And here's the song he made for somebody to hire his wife. Let's play those here. Why Tony got pictures of it.
Speaker 8: It's a lot smarter than me. She's doing the legal work in Chicago, all remote at legal writing.
Speaker 2: She's the goat.
Speaker 10: Okay, to her experience, she appeals with hedguler, animal cruelty and s I swear to God if you hire her should be a great addition into your crew.
Speaker 8: Somebody hire my wire.
Speaker 2: She s works government in private. It's not bound. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: It's good, curse, weird, dumped, but still already extremely romantic.
Speaker 2: She's the fing light of my life. He said, After all this, do you good?
Speaker 10: End?
Speaker 3: The song?
Speaker 2: Catchy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It does? It is yeah yeah, and many many views. I don't know if it's gotten her a job, but let's see if there's any updates. That says my lawyer wife is looking for work. I'm helping the only way I'm qualified to do so.
Speaker 3: DM me for more information and does not earn for the household.
Speaker 2: He said, this is a weirdly informative song for you, empty heaven, empty underscore heaven on TikTok. Maybe it worked. It is pretty sweet and it is a good little song. I have to give it to him and then you guys, miss yeah, miss a bunch. I'm gonna stop before the ad. My wife is an attorney.
Speaker 8: She's a lot smarter than me. She's looking in Chicago or remote at leak writing. Let me tell you her experience she's.
Speaker 2: So good. I swear to God, if you hire her should be a great addition to your crew. I'll stop him. I'll go ahead and stop him right there. I think you get the point. What do you guys think? Sweet move? It says to catch you to one viral well over one million views, one point five million counting a resume. But make it a love song until she get a job.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like he's about to get some TikTok and Instagram paychecks.
Speaker 2: She gets the job, he's getting some some love online. This is the most romantic thing I've ever seen. If you you are not going this hard for your wife, than what are you even married for? Do you know what this shows? His wife has a strong and positive relationship at home. So you know his wife will be focused on the work and not the drama at home. Just putting that out there for anybody thinking about bringing her on. But will it be successful? I don't know. We shall find out. All right, let's work in. I don't know if we have time for more dispatches, because I did have a couple of other things I wanted to get in. Well, let's let's just work in a one or two here Oh, here's somebody who sent a photo dispatch and they said, vamos cock to cacter vomos cacter cactu R. Vomos cactu R sends in a photo and they said, I'm a Philadelphia listener. I'm literally right down the street from Dallas andandro Steaks and Hogies. Where, uh the whats good? The Michelin Guide said they have one of the seven best sandwiches in the world.
Speaker 3: Is final fantasy.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of that before today. In this moment, it was North.
Speaker 4: America they did, because those all those sandwiches were the USA and one in Mexico.
Speaker 2: It says Philly listener. Here, I live a couple of houses down from Dallasandro's, so thank you for sending that. Florida, a lot of people were chiming in on the Florida State bird and the attempts to change it to the flamingo, like here's drink and no things.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, I'm not positive you guys can definitely double check, but I don't think Caribbean flamingos are endemic to Florida. No, it'll be a bad bird choice if they don't actually live here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, scrub. Some people were saying pelican. It should be the Pelican, and we do have a lot of those, but they're also annoying. Pelicans are They'll get up in your grail, they'll bother you specifically or eat if you're eating at the beach or anywhere near pelicans, they are nosy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a couple of people commenting that the flamingos really are really native to Florida. I think the Caribbean ones. They brought some here, but and there. They were thriving for a little bit, but not so much anymore.
Speaker 2: Another person wanted to give their response on the woke Star Trek thing that's happening out there. There's some stories about that. Here's Jay Beaverton.
Speaker 13: They was up New Junkies, Hey, talk about the New Trek show. I'll leave all the canna stuff on the table. That's too much to get into at the moment. But the real wrinkle, the new wrinkle here is that Steven Miller on X made a post about New Trek being bad it's woke, and he reached out to William Shatner and said, hey, Bill, you need to take over, and then he included Paramount Plus and the and the post on X. Apparently Shattner agreed with him, which, of course, Steven Miller getting involved gets the political sides up and like, oh, the left is.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, you're nuts.
Speaker 13: You never understood what Trek was and you got the right mirror saying, oh it's get rid of woke.
Speaker 2: Track all right, hang on, let me see you, says William Shatner agreed with Stephen Miller, like like added the both of them on.
Speaker 4: X, you know, just mention them in a post saying like, hey, you need to get you guys need to reconcile with William Shatner and put him in charge of the creative stuff to make the Star Trek thing better. I think Shatner hit him back and said, yeah, like, why have we not cured the thing you mentioned about why are they wearing glasses a thousand years in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he says, I am so on the same page with you at Steven m Now, Stephen Miller is the one who is a White House Deputy chief of staff who probably should not be weighing in on Star Trek episodes. But William Shatter says, I'm s so on the same page with you. The fact that they have not cured hyperopia by the thirty second century is an abysmal oversight for the writers, meaning that they have glasses. I guess. Yeah. Also, Paramount Plus needs to up the budget because I'm sure that a well oiled organization like Starfleet and the Distant Future could afford more than one pair of glasses because the women were like sharing glasses back and forth for some reason.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, in the future, eye disease is different.
Speaker 2: Do they pass the glasses around while piloting the ship? Shame shame on the line producers. This is what you meant, right, I'm ready to assume command of the series. Call me, he says.
Speaker 4: I think he was, uh, because I don't think that those two agree politically. I think he was kind of poking fun at the work part, you know, saying like, oh, yeah, no, we should definitely focus on the glasses part, right, that's what you meant.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know William Shatner's politics, so I don't know where he would be at.
Speaker 3: Still just having a hard time realizing how small the Earth is in the universe.
Speaker 2: He was blown away and and Bezos big dogged him in the most rude of ways that could never be forgetting the.
Speaker 3: Hot chicks who are spraying champagne in their mouth. So see it, Billy somebody.
Speaker 2: He said, Sean, you should put on the Trump speech? Is Trump speaking? What's going on? Is there a big, big bombshell it outs right now?
Speaker 3: I don't know about bombshell announcement, He's I don't know now. It's on the chiron he called the Minnesota protesters paid agitators. Okay, e Renee Good, I forget the quote on the chiron as well, but it was like, felt really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's kind of been a little back and forth on her. He's like, she seemed like she could she could have been a good person, but she was involved in some bad stuff that day or something. I don't know. He's kind of been in between on the whole Renee Good thing that everybody fired up over. Ice here. All right, what we're gonna do. We're gonna do this instead of tuning into whatever that is. We're going to take a quick break and that sounds better to me, and when we come back, we'll do the final dispatches. Stories that didn't make the cut. And today I learned to wrap everything up for a share the show Tuesday, so all of that is coming up next on the News. Junkie the other day did something that I don't generally do. When I'm going for a walk or run, I usually put on something very obscure that most of you have never heard of or don't listen to. It's usually about like deep internet lore stuff that I listen to. These are the kind of things that I'm into outside of the show. I could name the people that I listened to from from this world and it just wouldn't register with like ninety nine percent of you. I don't tend to listen to like popular podcasts. I just I don't not none the thing against podcasts. I've been in podcasting for a ja billion years since nobody was really you know, familiar with the medium, and and we're a podcast as well as much as you could call it a podcast. This show has been very successful, the biggest podcast for the iHeartRadio Company in the state of Florida, really in the southeastern United States actually if you extrapolated a bit further than that. But I don't listen to podcasts like on the regular, and I did tune in to one, and it was because It was Joe Rogan's show where he had Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.
Speaker 3: And another new movie. The Rip watched it last night.
Speaker 2: They they were talking. I love to hear people who just like know a ton about something, in this case the movie industry. They were talking about the movie industry, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon in a way that was like really interesting to me. And they were talking about Yeah, they were talking about what it was like to work with Netflix and how Netflix tells them and and folks, you can get mad at this all you want. You can get mad at Netflix all you want, but it's totally true, oh, Netflix says. Netflix says, Look, our research shows the majority of the Netflix audience is on another screen. They're on a phone half the time. So when you're making a movie, we want you to start with an explosion in the first fifteen minutes, and we want you to reiterate and restate the plot two or three times so that the people disconnect because they're staring at Instagram or whatever, so that they go, oh, I wasn't paying attention. Okay, now I know what's going on.
Speaker 3: And here's the deal that makes sense on multiple platforms and levels. And industries. And despite it might hurt your feelings for a second there, remember that most humans are robots. Find yourself at a theme park and you divert the line, and the twelve people behind you will foll you. So that makes sense to repeat the plot over and over again to have an explosion that catches their attention.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting. Also, they're both pretty smart guys to sit there and listen to them talk at length about their field. Both of them, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are both incredibly bright at what they do and successful, yes, and very very successful as well. And they're talking about a new sort of thing they're trying to do with how talent gets paid in these movies, and that means everybody who works on the movie can get bonuses in this new structure that they've been working on, and that was really interesting to hear. And they're just two very smart guys totally locked into the world of movies. And in fact, Ben Affleck is one of the few people who I've heard speak about AI with a pretty firm grasp I think personally on where it's going and what it can do and how it's going to change things and Ben Affleck's like, there's a lot of people who think, in the next ten years or something, you're just going to put in something and there'll be a whole community community. You'll put in something, you'll put in a prompt, and a whole movie will be made from whole cloth. And he said, no, it'll be much more about small jobs on the movie that get replaced by AI. A lot of AI writing is still lackluster. He's right about that, and to have AI do everything, we're just not this way way down the road still. So it was interesting. I love hearing people with that level of knowledge and that depth intellectually talk about that stuff. And both those guys are pretty bright guys actually, certainly when it comes to the Hollywood world in acting and Netflix wants movies to account for viewers on their phones, whether you like it or not, that's what they're saying. I think we're out of time, unfortunately, so let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 16: I learned The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 2: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: It's done.
Speaker 2: What we call today, it is today learned for a Tuesday January twentieth, twenty twenty six. Today I learned this birthday girl, Elly Parton. That's right, Miss Dolly Parton is not only it's her birthday this week, she's eighty years old, I believe. Not only one of the largest employers in Tennessee, where she lives, but after the twenty sixteen wildfires, she raised over nine million dollars through her My People Fund. She ended up giving nine hundred families one thousand dollars a month for six months to rebuild their homes. And she was also honored by the FBI for her leadership during the time. Dollywood, the theme park one of the big employers over there in her area of Tennessee. We're even the FBI honored her. Yeah, it seems like they wouldn't be involved in that. I I'll honor, but she's a pretty likable lady. Even the FBI is on board. Today learn there was a Swedish milkmaid who was briefly detained by police in the eighteen thirties because she was so attractive she caused disruptive crowds. Imagine being that hot, Okay, being like, look, I'm so attractive that here's they have like a statue of this lady. I guess Pilt Karen Earth's daughter. Is her name Lobar and this this woman different times, different different beauty standards. I guess she was sorry that they used to have crowds gather to watch her deliver milk. And she really shut down cities back then. And finally today learned this guy right here, b No, he did a show with us. He's dead, He's really dead. Coolio, the rapper. Coolio had a cameo in the Batman and Robin movie. It was an easter egg that was supposed to set up a fifth movie in the series, and Coolio said, I wanted to be in a larger role in the next movie, but they didn't do it because Joel Schumacher. They fired that guy and he didn't get along with me anyhow. He didn't make a lot of friends on the set of the Batman and Robin movie. Oh what am I doing? Leave on the subject. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Listening to the show. Get the podcast at the news Junkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody, everybody, t