Speaker 1: All right, it is the mojo in the morning show here. Good to have you with us. Kevin, you actually found something out interesting. You found out that you were and I know in your family it's you and Melinda. Yeah, should I smuck a luckage? But you found out that mom almost had another baby? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: My mom had a miscarriage and it was something I never knew before. I don't know if she buried it away or if it was something that just happened before I was born and it just never came up. But it recently came up where she told me that she had a miscarriage and she was meant to have a child before she had me. And it just made me start thinking of how my entire life would have been different. First Off, who knows if I would have been born. I mean maybe they stopped after one, maybe the timing would have been different, maybe they would have waited longer, whatever the case may be. Or if they did have me, what would my life be like with an older or an older sister, And how much would that have affected me? I wouldn't be the person I am. And it just got me thinking, like damn, Like, first off, whyden' this ever come up in conversation and then just start, you know, not trying to think too much about what my life would be, but understanding that it could, you know, be very different than what it is now.
Speaker 1: How did it come out in conversation?
Speaker 3: I think we were looking through yearbooks my mom. She my mom has every not yearbooks, but like what do you call those things like extra albums? Photo albums? Like my mom has a ton of photo albums. She was the person that always took pictures. She takes pictures to this day, and she sends me a lot of these pictures. So we're looking through photo albums, she sends me stuff for looking through. I'm like, okay, what's this time? What's this time? We're kind of just reminiscing, and I think I forgot what picture of what the picture was that brought it up. We were just talking about the time, like, man, when was this? And then that's when it That's when she told me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, Yeah, I think that that would be something that your mom would not want to bring up because she just doesn't want to keep yeah, keep remembering it. But my mom also had me carriage too, and my sister one time told me that that my mom was going to have a baby before us. And it's interesting because, like you just said, you may not have happened although your mom did have three children. My mom, I wonder if she would have stopped, you know what I mean, Like I wonder if she would have stopped after the you know, but they ended up having another baby, which was me.
Speaker 4: Afterwards, How do you think you would it would have changed you personally if you did have a older sibling, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Think, you know, like my I don't know if you know this, but my dad went to jail when I was like in the third grade, like the eighth grade, so there wasn't a lot of I guess leadership so to speak. Like my mom and my grandmother were amazing leaders. But like, I don't know, I feel like I I had to step up in many aspects of my life. I'm not sure if I would have had to do that or who would I've had to look up to, you know what I mean? I would have had, so to speak, like it's snowing outside, maybe I would have had some footprints to walk game that would have made the road a bit easier.
Speaker 1: Interesting, would you have been as big a big mouth as you are right now, it would have been bigger. You never know, middle children, they usually are are more reserved than you are.
Speaker 3: I couldn't imagine.
Speaker 1: You're bold and brash and you're an oldest on that one.
Speaker 3: But I'll be interested to know how people found out they had a sibling though, Well how about people that found out that they had a yeah, sibling and their siblings still you know, is in the world too, Like I wonder, like that would be wild, Like I think when I hear those stories when some.
Speaker 1: People, do you know, do people still do twenty three and me? Or did you guys get wise to that and not give anybody your DNA?
Speaker 3: Is that still around you?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if they sold all the DNA, didn't they? I know that that was the thing. We were all dumb with our with our DNA. But I wonder for you when you look at up because I remember John Ivy, who's one of our big executives here and one of the smartest guys I've ever met in radio. I remember he found out that he had a sister. And while the thing was they lived in the same.
Speaker 1: Town, like John, John had moved from I think it was Nashville, or Lexington maybe I can't remember, some one of the southern cities or whatever. And he moved to LA was running things in LA, and he moved back to go to his old hometown or whatever and found out that she was still there. So that was pretty a while, Nicole, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Hi? Hi, I am the mom that had the miscarriage. And I'm not saying that. I'm saying boy had it.
Speaker 6: But I would not.
Speaker 4: Have my daughter, who.
Speaker 6: Is the same most awesome little girl if I had hadn't had that miscarriage.
Speaker 7: And I also have a child of a Heaven interceded for me and my children.
Speaker 2: Is very comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nicole, do you mind me asking you a question about the miscarriage or no?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure? How far along were you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I was really early. I was probably about eight weeks. Okay.
Speaker 1: My sister mayor Joe had a miscarriage almost at the time of birth.
Speaker 2: Oh my.
Speaker 1: And and that was uh And that was honestly one of the hardest things. And she actually the you know, her babies, you know, in a in a cemetery, and so it was such as it's so traumatic to think that, and it's wild because this woman has had so much trauma happening in her lives over the years. But that is one of those things where I thought it would cripple her, and it actually, you know, it's one of those things that made her stronger. She's a great mom, but that's that's such a tough thing to deal with. Samantha, Hello, good morning, good morning. What's going on?
Speaker 7: A little lighter note, My mom had sent her DNA and when she was five she was adopted out.
Speaker 4: So fifty years.
Speaker 7: Later she found two of her siblings plus her birth mother, and she got to reunite with her before she passed away.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Wow.
Speaker 7: She found her and exactly two months later she passed away.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's actually was waiting for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is wild.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look in fifty years and then she finally found there.
Speaker 1: What a story, man, that's an amazing story. Uh, Kirsten, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Hey? So mine's a little sad too. But when I was younger, I knew my father wasn't my real dad. So I knew, you know, the man raised me, it wasn't my dad. So later on in life, when I was twenty seven, I actually was pregnant with my third child. I had a still birth at nine months pregnant, and it really it changed my world. Right, So, I was going through this huge thing and I just wanted to figure out, like maybe maybe there was something in my genetics that was wrong, you know, and I wanted to know more about my family. So I did ancestry DNA. I told my mom and a couple of weeks or a couple months later and I'll get the results back, and my mom called me right away. Hey, so and so, you know the guy I told you wasn't your dad, you know, was your dad your whole life. He's not your dad, and this is actually your dad. Also, he passed away when he was you were fifteen, and you went to school high school with your brother and I'm like, so I go to find it out, and lo and behold, my cousin was best friends with my two brothers, and they used to hang out all the time, and it was just I knew of them. I just never met them, you know. I always hung out with my cousin when he wasn't with them.
Speaker 1: So finding my brothers when you called you, she was trying to call you before it came out from the ancestry.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yeah, she had my I gave her my password and everything, and she she knew. So I have a feeling she probably knew ahead of time. A chance, but you know, she was really, I don't know how to say it, sad about it, you know, anxiety. She went through a lot of stuff when she was younger too, and I finally had to tell her like, Mom, you know, it's it's a long time ago, you know, don't worry about it. It is what it is. I'm glad, you know nothing happened. It would have been nice to know, you know.
Speaker 1: But what if your brother did.
Speaker 4: I I thought it was crazy, which is one of my best friends was best he's still best friends with them, and I'm like, what, like, even I've met my brothers now we've kind of pashed it all out, kind of told him everything, and they were like, yeah, that was a close call.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, oh, yeah, wow, I actually.
Speaker 4: Have I actually have six brothers. And then I found out they have I have twelve ants and uncles. Oh my god, I have twelve uncles and one ant. Holy ca So I mean so I guess thirteen total.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving, it was very difficult at that table that you have I can't imagine that that you went to school with your your brothers. Nikki, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 6: Good morning. So I'll try to make this as quick as I can. But I was around twelve years old and going through my dad's wallet, like the pictures of us when we were like little or whatever, and came across like a picture underneath the picture and it was.
Speaker 4: Some girl and I asked my dad, I said, who is this.
Speaker 6: And he just kind of looked down and looked like, uh, that's just sipped her. And I'm like what He's like, Yeah, I had it before I met your mom.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: Long story short, Like I said, I grow up, I have my first child, cut my own family. I go back, you know Olin Mills. I had my son's first pictures done there. Once it came out to go pick up my Olin Mills pictures of my son, and they hold me a packet of some little girls pictures and I was like, oh, no, this isn't mine, and they're like they repeated my last name and I was like, yeah, that's my last name, but these aren't mine. I have a little boy. And she was like, oh you're not. I'm not going to say her name in case she was because it's awkward. But she's like, that's not and I was like, oh my god, that's my sister. I'm like, hold on a minute, and I'm like, can I please get her informationally? Like no, I can get fix trouble anyway. I like begged it, begged and begged, and she ended up like studying the information down in front of me and then like walked away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, thank you grabbed the number. I reached out to my set sister. She said she knew about me, my brother, my sister, my dad.
Speaker 4: She I grew up in like a park. She grew up in Taylor, so literally like neighbors. You guys were cruising Eureka next to each other.
Speaker 6: That is exactly, Oh my god, at the same place.
Speaker 1: That is so crazy.
Speaker 4: After we're going to her and I just left it open for her to reach back out because.
Speaker 6: I felt like she was the one who was abandoned, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to be pushy and she never back.
Speaker 6: Out, but that's fine, but whatever. Yeah, So, yeah, I have a sister, and I talked to my cousins about it that were her age and they're like, yeah, we went to school with her. I'm like, nobody told me, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That's wild though, that your dad carried the picture all around and took just looking at that picture for you to realize what was going on. John, what's up?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Mojo, Hi, first time, long time.
Speaker 4: Big jay.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: So, fourteen wonderful years ago, we were told that we were going to have a miscarriage and we had to come back for.
Speaker 4: The evac and when we went back, we found.
Speaker 2: Out that there was another baby there, my daughter, Nala, we believe you know. Sometimes she's sweet and sour, so when you're speaking to her, you're like looking at her like man, am I talking to your sister, am I talking to you. But we had we had twins and we didn't know it, but we lost one.
Speaker 1: So what that is wild? So one survived and that's Nala, who's with us right now. And what do you what happens in that case?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have to wait then until the birth of Nalah for anything?
Speaker 2: Or what they said that they said that she absorbed her. That basically that's wild. They became one.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: It happened.
Speaker 2: It happened so early one early on in the pregnancy that they just they said, she just absorbed her.
Speaker 1: That's so really like sweet and sour.
Speaker 3: You joke about that, but yeah, that's kind of technically true.
Speaker 2: I believe man.
Speaker 1: That is an amazing story. Thank you for the call, Buddy, appreciate it. Thanks for sharing that with you.
Speaker 4: All right, join in the morning show to your appreciations on our free iHeartRadio app and never miss the show.