Speaker 1: Its need.
Speaker 2: By Billy cunning Him the Great America. Welcome this glory. It's Wednesday afternoon in the Tri State. Nasty weather coming. Better stay tuned see what's going to happen on that front. My hand from snow later on tonight and or tomorrow. But until then, of course, Uh, I'm watching all the analysis this morning on Fox Sports, and I'm told that if the Steelers of the four games left, if they go one, one and two, if they win one game and then lose one game, then have two ties. If that happens and the Bengals, Bengals sweep the next four games, the Bengals are in the playoffs. That's the only hope we have is have the Bengals in the playoffs if the Steelers tie two of the next four games. Joining you and on Allen this and so many other topics is Liz Bonus, the medical health reporter of WKRC Channel twelve. We twelve stands for news. Liz Bonus, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. How do you like my analysis and the bengals chances in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Hey, I believe in miracles to.
Speaker 2: You, Yes, I do believe in miracles. If that happens. That would be a miracle, but they have less than a one percent chance. It's zero point zero two, so it's possible. But what's the other night I'm watching you? Of course I watch you as much as I can, and you're doing this topic very close to Tony Bender's prostate, and that is that there's something going on in prostate health with AI. And this is for men, not women or women who identify as men I guess that have prostates and as a consequence that the treatment for prostate enlargement and prostate cancer is changing fundamentally. Explain that to the American people. Everyone that's got a prostate, you better listen.
Speaker 3: You know, there are some thought that fifty percent of us have prostates. We should be talking more about them. But you guys are really shy about talking about this stuff that impacts everything from sexual function to a whole lot more. So we're not going to be shy. We're going to talk to you a little bit about what's going on. Two different things you mentioned there. One is benign prostate hyperplasia, which is it gets too big and it makes you peel all night. The other is prostate cancer and the biggest breakthrough that we've seen is that artificial intelligence now can customize your care especially with pretty much many types of imaging, but in prostate cancer. It's now being used in the Tristate. Our friends at the Urology Group some of the first in the region to take a care scan that you do before you have a treatment plan in radiation, and normally what happens is that that takes a couple of weeks and then your body will sort of come in and it'll adjust, meaning you know, your bladder's a little full or your bowels a little full, and that can stir off some of those results like you're getting zapped and they want to zap you precisely. Well, Now with AI, what they'll do is they have you lay down on the radiation machine and the imaging itself. AI will adapt essentially your cat scan to what your bladder and bowel looks like that day, which means when they zap you, they're getting the stuff you need them to get and not the outside stuff around it. Because if you talk to guys, they are terrified not of getting you know, their PSA and the process can't do it. They're terrified that like we're going to lose sexual function, we're gonna be ping on ourselves, which is a legitimate concern. You're much more worried about the side effects. Well, now AI in medicine is helping to take care of that, because when you precisely only hit the target, you leave those other organs alone. What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: I love it because I go to neurology group, beginning with doctor Allan Cordell. Now I'm with Patrick Hertz, and as a consequence, he has me on flow max. I think Tony's on flow max because as men get older, and thank god, whether it's your dad, your grandfather, what you want men to get older. And as you get older, the prosta is like a tree, it keeps getting more rings around it with pressures, you know, the flow of urine getting up two or three times the night's no good. And so but the fear men have a fear of having things stuck in them. I don't care if it's urology or if it's the bow, you know, having a colonoscopy.
Speaker 4: Those things men don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't thank women want to do it either, but men really don't want to do it. And so I can't tell how many. A couple friends of mine have bowel cancer, which is terrible. A few of the friends of mine have had prostay cancer, which is more treatable, But men don't want to go to the doctor for these purposes. As a woman type person, can you tell me?
Speaker 3: You know, I think some of it is the invincible thing, don't you. Yes, I mean, I just think it makes us vulnerable. And guys, we were just raised. The guy is not vulnerable when we talk about this stuff all the time. So you know, we'll kind of an advantage. We'll learn about the new treatments and whatnot. But you should know that even if it's not prostate cancer, there's a second thing neurologies group is doing on the I have to get up and pee all night and it's called prostate artery embolization. Oh and I got to watch It's really cool. I got to watch them like inject these beads. I know you said you don't like stuff stuck in you, but this is actually this is actually a liquid full of teeny when beats and if they can find the right blood vessels that go around the prostate area, the inject these little beads into them, and they essentially eventually cut off the blood supply which is feeding the prostate getting bigger and bigger and bigger, and pretty soon it just shrivels up. I know that doesn't sound right, but you do want it to just rill and it shrivels up enough that you will stop having that kind of pressure the enlarged prostates, it shrinks and you stop peeing all night. How's that?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: One of our advertisers I should not mention his name, so I will not without his permission, had that exactly done about six months ago, and he said it changed his life for the better. He was getting up four or five six times a night, couldn't sleep. All of a sudden, he had that exact procedure done Eurology Group. And guess what, he's now afraid he can sleep all night, which is important.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Secondly, let's talk about ozempic. So many men and women are on these exotic drugs ozempik to lose weight. It was perceived to be a drug for some other purpose, just like viagra was perceived for some other purpose. All of a sudden, it helps certain other areas of life to stand up tall and proud and so with Flomax that helped me a lot. But now we're going to talk about ozempik. Explain in general, ozempik off someone's overweight, what happens. Then ozempik for sex, which is Tony Bender's interest. Explain this to me.
Speaker 3: Well, I won't say that we are using ozembic for sex. I will tell you that there are side effects. Now we call ozembic penis and ozembic baton, and that might influence sex. So let's start with what ozempic or wagov or zep bound semaglue tide is what they're called by generics. These are drugs that you inject into the abdomen, and they're working on a pill. By the way, it's going to be available very soon, if it isn't already. Where it delays the gastric emptying, so you eat your lunch and rather than it's just kind of going through you and digesting at a normal pace, it sits in the lower end testine for a while, and because of that, you feel less hungry and you eat less and lose weight. And that's a different concept than the pill helps me lose weight. You lose weight because you eat less, and you eat less because you're not hungry, so you can eat around these things. Trust me, not everybody loses weight. But you're right. They were developed originally to bring your blood sugars down. We've now found they help bring weight down, help bring blood pressure down, might help your kidneys, might use your risk for certain cancers. There's all kinds of things. But keep in mind that when stuff is sitting in the gut, there's these little bacteria that we have. We call them the gut microbiomes and whatnot, and there's, yeah, there's some thought that when you mess with those, you mess with a lot of stuff, like everything from brain signaling to your ability and desire to even have sex. How do you like that.
Speaker 2: In your belly keep you from wanting to enjoy sex? I think a little worms a little bit.
Speaker 4: You know. That's not a pleasant look.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, And that's sort of what they are. There's a very we're you know, we're fearfully and wonderfully made. There's a delicate balance in our gut, and when you mess with the balance, there's some thought that you mess with the bacteria in your body. And for women it's a real thing. They call it odempic vagina and it will actually mess with the bacteria which then gives you like yeast infections and all the kind of things that don't really lend to intimacy. Right, So it's a thing, and they say, if you are on this, you should tell your doctor if you're noticing things like more yeast infections. But also you can address some of that. Now, there's a couple of different kinds of over the counter supplements, like they call them pro anthosyanins, which are like they promote there's stuff that's read in cherries and it's like a good bacteria that can help you know, sort of the bowel remove some of that stuff. Okay, yes, that you don't want.
Speaker 2: So women might have a choice of losing weight or having sex. I think most women would say I'd rather lose weight than have sex.
Speaker 4: Am I right or wrong about that?
Speaker 3: You know? One of my girlfriends said, when you lose weight, you have more sex. So I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go let's talk about let's talk let's talk about ozepig long term. Some have said to me, look at Fenn Fenn, which supposedly was gonna be a great thing. Then about ten years later we found out that have destroyed heart valves or there was medical How do we know ozempic are these other exotic drugs are not having an effect we won't know about for ten years.
Speaker 3: Well, they've actually been in development for that long, believe it or not. I've been watching this research for a long time. So for more than a decade we have watched that. But I think we are seeing some side effects we've never seen before. The ozempic vagina and ozempic penis is a whole new set of a whole new level of things we never talked about. But if you think about it, just delaying gas or emptying isn't going to have the same effect as like a fen fen that shut down your lung. Now we don't know for sure what happens when you do leave stuff in the gut, like could we later see higher risks of other things? Yeah, that you know, we I mean, And there's everything is benefit versus risk. But if you talk to a lot of people who are taking it, if you're you know, nearing three hundred pounds and your doctor says your heart's not going to carry this for much longer, losing the weight gives you a benefit that maybe at the time greater than the risk. Always got a weigh that. But by the way, Ozmpic penis is not a real thing to see.
Speaker 4: You know, Explain that to Tony Bender. Explain that please.
Speaker 3: They started calling it that because these guys would lose the belly the penis looked larger, okay, and so they were like, I'm not penis, Like, no.
Speaker 4: That's a good not a good thing, not a good thing.
Speaker 2: You lose your belly, pleasure get uncle Charlie, gets a little more, a little more protrusion, shall we say. So it's a double whammia in a good way. You lose your belly and your thing gets a little bit bigger.
Speaker 3: It appears that way. It's not necessarily true. I mean, you lose your belly, a lot of things get easier, like you can see your feet, you know. But what you know, it's really interesting what you just call it, mister Charlie or something. I was working on a story when the eed drugs first came out in the newsroom and I was trying to, you know, figure out how to make it appropriate for the family audience at four or five PM. And I'm like, hey, does anyone have another word for penis? And let me tell you thea I have, like sixteen people pop up, mister Weekley, you know whatever. There's all kinds of fish, Charlie. What is the names?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's up with the names? And you guys with all that stuff? You know, like you know, girls don't name their naty part for some reason. You guys all have a name.
Speaker 4: You may call it mss kitty, but I call it mister Charlie.
Speaker 2: So, so getting back to getting getting back to zempic right now.
Speaker 4: You have to inject it, correct, You have to inject it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm watching the CEO of of Lily the other day on CNBC. He talked about a pill form which many people would find more acceptable. Was that coming down the road?
Speaker 3: It really is. And actually what's really interesting is some of the research to do that was done here in the Tri State. There's a couple of different as you know, we have some rather large research organizations here that do great work, and some of those have been testing the semaglu type pill. And it's supposed to work in the same way. You have to obviously adjust dosing because the reason you inject is so that it goes right into the area that you want shift to adjust dosing. But the pill is showing positive results, and the number one thing that keeps people from selecting the injection are going on is they don't like shots. I have a feeling. I mean, right now about twelve percent of people are on, so one in eight they think is on the ozebic injectable. So think about the number of people that are going to go on the pill when you can actually pop that. There's some people saying they're selling it now. It's rolling out in limited doses, but probably by the end of twenty six we're going to see it on a more regular thing, and I think it'll regularly be prescribed. I'm like you, though, man, I think you out of a million people on it before you see what's going on. So I would still approach with caution, and I would still tell you you lose weight because you eat less. It's not like a magic fat burning pill. You got stuff sitting in the gut delayed that so you don't feel it's hungry. And that's great if it helps you eat less. But you know what all these people are doing now is they're taking the drugs they want. Charlie to look better and they don't exercise, don't change their diet. Well, what happens then when you go off that?
Speaker 2: I see this statistic, Yeah, I talk about that lits when you go off that. I've seen statistics that it has negative consequences for someone's muscular structure, et cetera.
Speaker 4: So at some point you go off of it, and then what happens.
Speaker 3: It may be as high as ninety five percent of the people regain the weight plus ten percent they like that. Yeah, And part of that is people that exercise may have as much as doubles the success rate keeping weight off compared to people that don't. And it's not because like you really burn so much, so many more calories exercising. If you think about what exercise does, it builds muscle, and when a muscle is fit, it uses up more energy throughout the day. So when you're sitting around doing nothing, you're still burning more calories. Okay, but also you know, I don't know about you, but I dragged my butt up and get on the look or get on the treadmill at four in the morning every day because it helps my mental health. I mean, like I want to hurt people coming in if I don't do that, and I think there is a therapy to that that is the cheapest therapy you will ever find, and in the meantime, then your body's getting a benefit. Well why do you overeat? You overeat generally because you're like pissed off or stressed out or frustrated, or it tastes good. And if you don't have another coping mechanism, which is what exercise can help you with, you don't ever really have a way to sort of work against that. So you stop taking the drug, you feel hungry again, and you start picking out. So there's one hundred reasons to incorporate, you know, regular exercise and some diet changes amount.
Speaker 2: And I'm told these drugs are extremely expensive, but they're coming down if it goes to a pill form, wouldn't that I can see five.
Speaker 4: Or ten years all of us on these things.
Speaker 2: I can see all all of us on one pill with all of these things in it, right within five or ten years.
Speaker 3: Well, so they thought that about like statins, like maybe we should put them in the world for your heart, you know, but there will always be people that will have side effects, so who knows. But one thing I do think is that. You know, we talked about the AI. The DNA testing is going to start when you're like an infant now, or maybe when you get to be an adult, and they'll be able to tell you, well, you're predisposed for obesity or you're predisposed for heart disease, and they probably will start putting us on some of these preventative you know, for preventive purposes. And I think you're going to see a prescription used for a whole different purpose. But yeah, if you're looking at like medical stocks for investment, these would be good ones. Probably absolutely.
Speaker 2: If twelve percent of I'm not on it yet, you're skinny and good shape, don't have to be on it. I can see at some point someone's saying, I could lose thirty forty fifty pounds with little or no side effects. I'll take Ozembic has this side effect of helping Miss Kitty and also Charlie, and it's a consequence. Everybody's happy. And I can see in one pill having everything in one pill. Low cholesterol, maybe high blood pressure, it might be for weight purposes, it might be for liver or whatever it is. It'll be within five or ten years of one pill for everything. Is that where we're headed.
Speaker 4: M Maybe not.
Speaker 3: I think there'll be one pill for weight loss. No, this is specific purposes. But you know what's really interesting about this is I've read some really interesting research that when you take away hunger, you lose your zest for certain things, like you mention, like the sexual intimacy. There's some people who say, like, I just kind of didn't really want to do anything if I didn't want to eat. You forget how much like hunger plays a role in going to dinner and being excited about seeing someone. And I wonder, Yeah, drink drink and wine, which leads to more intimacy. Yeah, there's some thought that this is going to influence or this can influence your life in ways that you never really thought about. And if you're if food has been like your passion and now it's not, you're going to notice things like that. And I'm not saying that's all bad, but it's fascinating to watch all the things that happen when you start altering the guts like you talk about, Charlie, but the gun alfors the brain, and the brain is a powerful organ, let me tell you. And when you start messing with that, and you lose your passion for food and life and dust and wanting to do stuff. I don't know if we're all going to want to be on that or not be like yeah, you know, it's where like people who said they tried marijuana, it just made them not want to do anything right.
Speaker 4: You know, you want to eat a bunch of pizza and eat popcorn. And I don't know what the ELL's going.
Speaker 2: And we don't know the long term effects of marijuana for teenagers. We have no idea in thirty years what we're going to deal with. But list Bonus, we got to run. You're the best at what you do, and you're a wonderful guest. More importantly, you're like a encyclopedia of health. And I think Channel twelve should double your salary and cut your ears in half.
Speaker 4: Do you agree?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I'm going to play this little snippet for my boss.
Speaker 2: You tell them right now, tell them to give me a call. I'll set them straight. Liz Bonus, All.
Speaker 3: Right, good deal, Thank you you and yours.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Thank you very much, Liz bon God bless you.
Speaker 3: Thanks with more.
Speaker 2: Let's continue Wow, I never thought about Charlie and Miss Kitty now in any other way. Let's continue with more news coming up. And that was Liz Bonus, the best of what she does on news radio seven hundred WLW