Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning. We are doing second date update right now. If you go on a date and you feel like you're getting ghosted, I will call your date and just try to figure some things out. Let's go ahead and get started. Let's bring Brian on the call. Good morning, Brian, morning. Hey dude, let's talk about your date. Tell me about Chloe. Well, Chloe was great.
Speaker 2: I mean, we met for coffee and Walnut Creek. We had a good conversation, it was flowing, the bogs were there. It was just a really good first date and I just felt like it nailed it, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what has happened since the date?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I thought, like, like I said, that there was a good enough connection to ask her out again. But you know, when I did after the date, she just never responded. She totally ghosted me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would love to get you a second date, obviously, but let's try to get you some answers. Did anything weird happen? I've started asking recently just because people leave stuff out.
Speaker 2: We were there, it was a coffee date and we were just talking back and.
Speaker 1: Forth with coffee.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like anything weird.
Speaker 1: Happened about to make that phone call. We're going to call his date Chloe and try to figure out why she ghosted after there. It was a coffee date. What could possibly go wrong? Brian? Go ahead and meet your phone. Let's give her a call. Go ahead and listen in all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, is this Chloe?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Who's calling Chloe?
Speaker 1: It's Marcus calling from Star one on one three. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you good?
Speaker 1: Do you listen in the morning to the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do, I do listen.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. We're doing second date update right now. Does that mean anything to you?
Speaker 3: Yes? It does? Okay, Yeah, so you're calling about Brian.
Speaker 1: I am, and he probably on the phone at the same time.
Speaker 3: Brian I was assuming so.
Speaker 1: Bridy there. Yeah, all right, yeah, let's do this, you guys. This should be easy. Hey, Chloe, did you did you go start our guy here after your date?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, but I have a good reason, Like, okay, dating is so weird because you never know if someone is just weird in some way, Like I thought, he was perfectly nice, he was cute, he has a good job, whatever, and he admitted that he practices handshakes every day, not just one, but several types of handshakes.
Speaker 1: Like hand like actual handshakes yeh.
Speaker 3: Like he has a networking handshake or wedding handshake, a job interview handshake, and then what he calls his high value first impression handshake. I mean, don't you think that sounds weird? I thought he was joking.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a ted talk or something. Was it what I learned?
Speaker 3: Brian?
Speaker 1: Are you serious with this?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I don't feel like that's the super weird thing. We all meet people every day. We all have handshakes when we meet people, especially new people in person impressions or everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, but this is a little obsessive. You know. He made me try the handshake again during dinner, like halfway through the date. I was like, try what he said, I want to try our handshake again. And he demonstrated the proper grip and said that the web of your thumb should touch each other first and that communicate confidence. And he told me to squeeze about ten percent. Firmer, I mean, does this sound for real? It's so weird?
Speaker 1: Brian? What is this about?
Speaker 2: Well? I felt like her handshake could use a little work, you know, I mean it was fine, but I was just trying to coach her. You know, that's honestly ultimately what I want to do. You know, I want to get into coaching. Do talk, so you know, I've been practicing doing handshakes like you said, I do practice every day, you know, different types of handshakes depending on the top.
Speaker 3: On your date, on your date. I wasn't applying for a management position. I was just trying to like drink my latte. You know, Like if you're all about first impressions, that's fine. You don't teach your date how to shake hands. It's not very romantic either. Do you get that well?
Speaker 2: I mean I wasn't trying to be romantic. I mean, I mean I didn't think you did a bad first impression.
Speaker 1: I just felt like you.
Speaker 2: Would enjoy learning about how to improve it.
Speaker 1: Ran you're on a date, Like how, Brian, are we on a date or is this one on one coaching? Like? How are you not trying to get romantic on a date?
Speaker 2: No? I mean like I was just trying to get along and tell her something that could benefit her life, like, you know, especially on just a first date. Like I'm not saying she made a bad first impression. If I'm meeting someone, I love feedback that allowed me to grow and improve and.
Speaker 1: To that you're literally for that.
Speaker 3: I did not need advanced handshake theory training in a date. This is weird. You need to understand that different settings are for different things. Like this is not the way you're going to get dates, right.
Speaker 2: See. I feel like most people really don't understand how important body language is and how much a weak handshake can tell.
Speaker 3: It's not really appropriate to teach your female date about handshakes and give that kind of feedback.
Speaker 1: It's weird, right you guys, Hey, you guys, Hey, hang on, hang on you too, hang on hey Chloe. Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and go ahead and let him go.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, thank you. You see what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm so sorry. Thank you for listening. Every morning. I'll take care of you. Don't need to date whatever that was. Hang on for me, bro wow okay uh. Second date update