Speaker 1: Try back on the Big one, seven hundred WLW. It's twelve o eight. Dan Carroll in for the great American Bill Cunningham. Bill Cunningham and enjoying a few days off this week. So I am glad to be here for him, and I am glad to be here with you as we rock and roll till three o'clock this afternoon. A big, big, big weekend this weekend all around the country with the what do we call that, the No King's Protest, And you know, I was I was looking at that, and I was singing to myself, I'm looking at all these different videos from the No King's Protest and the demonstrations, and you got these people who are out there and had all kinds of people who were out there asking questions about the people who are protesting or the people who were participating, and they simply, they simply can't answer our question. And the questions were, what is going on that makes you be out here today?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: We hate Trump? Okay, hey Trump? Why? Well, he's he's doing things, he's acting like a king, and I'm not exactly sure how that happens. So and the the videos and the audio, and I was thinking about getting some of those cuts and playing them today. But I mean they're all pretty much the same. You get the they get these blank looks on their faces and they start stumbling around and they and it just seems like, I mean, are they being paid to be there. I've heard where George Soros has funded a lot of this stuff, and uh, and and they're out there and they're singing it some of the worst songs I've ever heard. I actually thought about, uh bringing a couple of those clips in and playing a couple of those today. But you look at you. If you're interested in that stuff, you can you can go out and find it for yourself. We are expecting to have Butler County Sheriff Richard K. Jones on as a guest today. We are David, we make any progress on that of getting getting hold of the sheriff. Okay, so we we are endeavoring to reach out to this show. He actually he put on his his Twitter feed is x feed that he was going to be on the show today, And I mean, you know, we set this up during the course of the day yesterday and so hopefully Sheriff Richard Jones will be here anytime now. But interesting story that is developing a Butler County and according to Foxwell, according to the news here to the top of the hour, and Fox nineteen is saying that the sheriff is going to rake in millions, millions by housing illegal aliens. That's a pretty good deal. And the sheriff just bumped up the rate. So starting next month, ICE is going to pay one hundred and five dollars a day for every ICE prisoner that is housed in the Butler County jail. Right now, the rate is sixty eight dollars. That's a pretty nice increase. And just eight months this year, the sheriff says his office has built the government, the US federal government, nearly nine million dollars, so that's not bad. By the year's end, he says, that figure is projected to hit twelve million dollars, six million more than originally projected. It'll swell to twenty two million total next year. About fourteen hundred illegal aliens have been deported from the Butler County jail out of about seventeen hundred that have come through in just eight months. Most Americans agree to fix our borders. I'm going to do my part, and he says, come here legally or get out. It's simple. That's Butler County Sheriff for Dge Jones. And that's a story that's posted on Fox nineteen right now. So we were hoping to talk about that, and I mean, you think about that. Here's a guy who has been in the forefront of dealing with illegal aliens and god knows, they've had their hands full with the illegal aliens for whatever reason in parts of Butler County. That's been going on for years. And this guy has taken a no nonsense approach to dealing with these individuals and dealing with the whole issue of illegal aliens coming here to the United States and causing problems and all the you know everything else that comes with it. And now he's turned it around into w a. He turned it into a money making opportunity and paying one hundred dollars a day to hold someone at the Butler County jail. Does that seem like a lot of money? Does that seem for one individual?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: One hundred and five one hundred and five dollars a day? It doesn't seem like it doesn't seem like well in right now, I mean the rate of sixty eight dollars a day? Can you go? Can you spend a night in a hotel for sixty eight bucks anywhere? I've I don't know what kind of hotel you're staying in, but I don't think you can do that. So one hundred and five dollars a day to hold illegals in the Butler County jail, and look at it solves a lot of problems. How many times have we seen Tom Homan, uh, the different individuals who go out on the streets and got to arrest these illegals who are out calls and problems. And Tom Homan has said, if we could just get some cooperation from local police chiefs, local sheriffs like Richard Jones, local city councils and mayors, different governors and different states, we'll just get some cooperation from them, things would be a lot easier. But no, you've got to have the sanctuary city policies and the sanctuary state policies, and you gotta I don't know who who's the constituency for that. Who When when you have a politician that wants to make a big deal about having a sanctuary city or a sanctuary state or whatever, the jurisdiction is, who does that impress I've never been able to figure that out. You've got people here who are here illegally, really don't have a right to be here if someone is here legally, or someone is here to do some work because someone I've always thought that the immigration policies that we've had at the border need to be addressed in a meaningful way, and I don't know that we have done that over the years, and I think we're paying the price for it now. And thank god the Trump administration has been serious about dealing with this issue. Dan Bongino was just don Fox News this morning talking about the number of arrests. I think what is the number, It was like thirty eight or forty eight thousand. It is a huge number of people that these ICE agents have gone out and arrested. It's dangerous work, and it's made even more dangerous my people who want to go out and standing their way. So here's the sheriff turning things around in Butler County and is having a windfall in Butler County because he's got he's got the illegals that are being housed in his prison. Let's see what else did he have to say. I'm looking at this this piece from Fox nineteen. Now, in any case, we're still trying to get ahold of the sheriff. I'm he must have got busy all of a sudden. Coming up on the show, We're gonna talk to Corey Bowman at the bottom of the hour. Over the weekend, Corey Bowman, who is running for mayor in Cincinnati, made some news when he talked about his church. The church he has was they discovered a bullet hole in the church, and I'm thinking to myself, well, this is kind of a big deal. Someone's taken potshots, and we just saw that this dude who shot up the or shot at the what it was, the City Chicken Place, has finally been arrested. So the whole idea that someone drives by your building and takes a pot shot at your building, it's not something that's really totally out of the blue. It happens apparently with some regularity Instincinnati. So Corey Bowman put out a statement over the weekend that they discovered a bullet hole in their church and I'm looking at a picture of it right now on the WCPO website. They said the building was unoccupied during the incident. It's been classified as property damage. But the one thing I haven't seen is I've not seen a statement from a f tab purvol the crying this incident or they're saying that, you know, this is not the way that we should have public policy discourse in the city of Cincinnati. Haven't seen any statement condemning these actions of someone actually took a shot at the church that is run by his political opponent. So we'll have him on to talk about that. And then the whole notion of dee I. I've got a guy on his name is Tim Manilla, and that's it's coming up in a one o'clock hour. Tim Manilla is with the Goldwater Institute and they have been looking at DEI initiatives that have been going on, and the whole, the whole arc of dee I seems like it's coming to an end, the whole and it coincides with the whole notion of all the all the transgenderism nonsense that we've seen over the last several years, and there have been there were several stories that were posted last week about how this trend in transgenderism is coming to an end, that the Apparently the whole fad of this may have run its course, and we are starting to see, I mean, the numbers of individuals, especially a college agent, who are identifying themselves as transgender or non binary or whatever, some sex other than what they were born as, not as they were assigned at birth, but as they were born, that those numbers are literally falling off a cliff. Why because you know, the sizzle has come off of that steak. People have stopped, by and large, buying into this notion that this is something to get behind, that this is a real thing. Are there individuals who suffer with these notions that somehow they were born into the wrong body? Absolutely, there's no doubt about it. There certainly are individuals who genuinely suffer from these ideas that God made them the wrong way. But is there also a level of a level of activism that is involved in this that has convinced people who otherwise would not entertain these notions that they were born into the wrong body. And if you've been involved in this, if you have a family member, a son or a daughter, or you know someone in your family that has been caught up in this, there is no doubt in my mind that you have heard the phrase from either that young person or someone associated with them, maybe someone from the school, a counselor so called medical professional. You've heard the phrase would you rather have a dead daughter or a live son? Or a dead son or a live daughter? And I have said since the very beginning of this topic that that puts parents who care about their kids in an impossible situation when they hear that, what sort of decision, if you care about your kid, are you supposed to make? And so it has been a lengthy process, but a lot of that has been debunked now. And the idea that we have all these different schools and there are school systems out that are still out there that are promoting this notion of transgenderism and queer theory this and rainbow of that and all this other stuff. They are still putting these notions out there. And I think to myself, a school ishouldn't schools be interested in truth? And one of the things, no matter if you're a teacher, an educator, if you're on a school board somewhere, shouldn't your school shouldn't you want to have a school that is interested in teaching kids things that are truthful and the notion that you can it takes some drugs, you can have some surgery, you can put some makeup on, you can change away your face looks that somehow that is going to transition you from a boy to a girl or a girl to a boy. I mean, shouldn't we really be at the point, especially when we're talking about kids who are in grade school, and a lot of this stuff starts in kindergarteners. As soon as they get into a government run school, they start getting bombarded with this stuff. So yeah, so it's no wonder that so many of them, who get influenced by what they see online that they see at school have come out and said, oh, yeah, this is this is me, this is what you know. I am growing up, I have angst, I have all these things going on in my head. I must be in the wrong body. And to feed into that notion and to bolster that whole idea that you need to you know, you need to lean into that, and you need to to take the drugs and do the surgeries and all that stuff. It's all going away because because there's simply no truth behind it. At least that's what I think. So it's a good thing. So in any case, uh that this whole notion about DEI, you've got a you've got a administration in the White House now in Washington that does not play into that. Meritocracy is the word, the the notion that we are going to people because they are best qualified for the job. The color of your skin, your genitalia, all those sorts of things that shouldn't really make much of a difference at all. Those sort of things are being put aside now and we're talking about the best sorts of things that you can do because you're qualified to do it. So we'll talk to the Goldwater Institute about that. And what they're saying is that, yeah, yeah, there's been a lot of businesses, there's been a lot of colleges and universities that have come out and done away with these programs because the administration has said one thing, Look, you want to can if you're if you're a university that is getting money from the federal government, and you want to continue with these DEI programs that they find discriminatory. On their face, they're saying, look, you're in violation of these non discrimination policies that we're supposed to have and so when that happens, they're saying, you know what, you want to continue on with this, that's fine, but you're not going to get any more money from us. And so when you make that statement and you start cutting off the money, well then that that really starts to make a difference. So it's going to be an interesting commisation, a conversation with Timothy Manella from the Goldwater Institute. So I am looking forward to that. It is PubL. Twenty four. We're going to get to a break news coming up at the bottom of the hour, and then Corey Bowman, the Republican candidate for mayor of City of Cincinnati, is going to join us. He's got an event that's coming up later today too, So we'll plug that a little bit along the way, and at some point we actually open the phone lines and take a few of your phone calls. At five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, or one eight hundred the Big one. It's Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW. A right back on the Big one, seven hundred WLW twelve thirty seven, Dan Carroll, Ford, Bill Cunningham and man we are just striking out on guest today. He's supposed to have Sheriff Jones on at twelve oh five. He finally called in at the end of the segment. We're going to have reschedule him for two to five this afternoon. So he got busy with something and couldn't make it at twelve oh five. And Corey Bowman is supposed to be on right now and we are trying to reach out to him right now, so we will see what happens with the mayoral candidate, the Republican who could become the mayor of Cincinnati, but Corey Bowman. According to and I Love the headline in the Channel nine website, the mayoral candidate Quarterboman claims to have discovered a bull hole in the church where he serves as pastor. Claims as if he may not be telling the truth. So the church put out a statement on Saturday saying that they discovered in a bullet hole that penetrated an exterior window on the Clark Street side of the church. He's filed a play report with the Cincinnati Police and thankfully no one was inside the building apparently at the time. And and he did say that that they they look at the they look at the outside of the exterior of the church all the time, so there's something going on out there and we will see. And then this follows a lot of negative comments that were posted on social media and the like, and so it's I mean, is there something going on with that. Hopefully we'll get a chance to talk to Corey Bowman about that, you know, and I wanted to ask him about what, you know, what his take is on the police chief who is still twisting in the wind. It's just what is happening at city Hall right now, in my opinion, is just an absolute mess. And you you make the you make the police chief come back from a conference in Denver and make sure it gets out in the headlines. Everyone knows if you're going to fire the chief, fire the chief, but just don't leave her twisting in the wind. And as of right this moment, we still don't know what the future of the police chief in the city of Cincinnatis. And Corey Bowman is here now, and Pastor Bowman, welcome to seven hundred WLW. It's great to have you on.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's great to be on. Thank you so much to you and your listeners for having me.
Speaker 1: Well let me, since I was just talking about the police chief, Teresa Thigi, give me your opinion on the way the kind of treatment that she is getting from city Hall right now. You know, the headlines came out last Friday that she was at a conference with other police chiefs and in Denver they call her up and say, hey, you've got to come back. And when that normally, when that happens, it's not good. And look, if you're going to make a move on the police chief, just do it. But to leave her twisting and the win the way she's twisting in the win, it's not fair to her. It's not fair to the people of Cincinnati. It's certainly not fair to the men and women who wear the uniform every day and they don't know who's in charge of their police force. What say you, I.
Speaker 5: Think you're exactly right. You know, no matter what we see in.
Speaker 4: The city, this is a police chief that has devoted over thirty years of time to the city through the police department, Her and her family have all contributed to the city. And you know, let's not forget that this administration does have a history of not really letting go of people properly or not treating people properly when it comes.
Speaker 5: To these positions.
Speaker 4: I'm reminded of Michael Washington that got released from the fire department and now he's in what's looking like a settlement with the city that's going to cost the taxpayers money because it wasn't done properly. And so I think on the surface, you're seeing a lot of uncertainty, which doesn't leave the voters, doesn't leave the citizens of Cincinnati, and a lot of confidence the administration knows what they're doing. And then behind the scenes, you know the police officers. They just want to do their job. Police officers aren't trying to play politics when they're trying to keep our cities safe.
Speaker 5: And I don't think that this is a good look.
Speaker 4: For the city, and I think that just needs to be done differently.
Speaker 1: I was talking about the little bit of news that you made over the weekend when you announced that you discovered a bullet hole in your church downtown, and I love the headline on Channel nine their website there it says Corey Bowman claims claims to have discovered a bullet hole in the church where he serves as pastor, indicating that they're really not one hundred percent sure if you're telling the truth or not. So what do you make of the reporting on Channel nine? And maybe Corey Bowman is not exactly sure what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, one thing I've learned since we announced our candidacy in February is that no matter what interviews you give, people are gonna report.
Speaker 5: Whatever they want to report. I will say this.
Speaker 4: We were doing our weekly inspection at our church, and as we did our inspection at the building and cleaning getting ready for our Sunday services, we found a new bullethole, what appeared to be a new bolthole, And so we've seen, you know, a lot of activity when it comes to attention on our church, our church members. You know, I want people to remember that I'm a pastor of a congregation as well that on Sundays we're not having political rallies. We're housing a house of worship for people that trust that we know what we're doing, that we're going to keep them safe. So I had made a report with ADPD. They dealt with the situation very well, and then I just knew, based on the nature of the campaign, that this was going to be a public report, police report I was already getting text from cops asking if everything was okay. So I made as a pastor, I made a public statement just telling people what was going on and assuring our church members that we were going to have the proper security and we were going to do everything within our means to keep our parishioners safe. And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: So you say you found a new bullet hole, so this is and then look, we know that that there are bullets flying around Cincinnati all the time, so the fact that your your church gets hit with a bullet shouldn't be that surprising to anyone but you. But you are running for mayor. There have been a lot of a lot of a lot of negativity going on in social media directed at you and your candidacy, and can you connect the two? Can you? Can?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: Can you say it's a direct result. Maybe not, Maybe you can't make that direct connection. But I would suspect that at least the mayor might come out and say, hey, if there's a connection here, we can't have that kind of stuff. To your knowledge, has the mayor made any sort of statement to that regard yet?
Speaker 4: To my knowledge, no, you know, but I recognize this type of political climate that we're in, you know, and what we're in a lot of people want to make connections that way. For me personally, whether it's connection to somebody of a threat or whether it's just a crime that's happening regularly on the street that my church is on, I think those are issues that just need to be resolved, no matter what you know. Overall over the summer, we've seen two to three instances of shots being fired on Clark Street right past my church. I've had neighbors that their car doors were shot into, and they would tell me that they would see bullets bounce off the stone foundation of our church.
Speaker 5: So this isn't a new thing.
Speaker 4: But for me, this was a weekly inspection that we typically do and that's why I knew that it was a fresh bullet hole, and I just wanted to go through the proper authorities to make sure that they were aware of the situation.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he did the right thing. In any case, there was an arrest that happened over the weekend and on Sunday, this guy, Shaquille Ferguson, turned himself in and with thanks to his attorney, Clyde Bennett, and this is the guy who was suspected in the shooting on Fountain Square Shaquille Ferguson. So he has turned himself in, and what a surprise. It turns out that he's got a criminal history, that he was convicted of aggravated assault but served no time for that. So a guy who number one probably shouldn't have been on the streets, and number two shouldn't have had a possession of a firearm because he was on probation. So this is Corey Bowman. This is the thing that we see repeated time after time after time when it comes to the criminal element in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: You're exactly right. You know, when we see the headlines of crime that happened over the course this year, the majority of them have been by repeat offenders or by people that had been released on a very low bond weeks or months before. And something that's got to change in our city. You know, the majority of people in our city are law buying citizens. They want safe streets and clean streets.
Speaker 5: But what's being done is done by.
Speaker 4: A very small percentage of criminals that basically have, in my mind, have been a result of the justice system and lacks prosecutors, judges, and people that haven't held them accountable. And that's what needs to change from city Hall. This is nothing short of just enforcing the law properly and allowing the judicial system to back it up.
Speaker 1: The citizen launch dog is he likes to call himself. Todd Zinzer has put out a lot of information lately looking into what's going on with Iris Rolling and her role with the city, how much money they have paid out to her, and when you look at that and the way that the city has paid her over the last three or four or five years in the neighborhood of three hundred thousand dollars probably going to go as high as if her contract gets carried out, it's going to be over half a million dollars that the City Assistance Cincinnati is going to pay her. And he's been concentrating a lot on the invoices that she turns in for the City of Cincinnati, and a lot of those invoices a month after month after month are simply carbon copies of the invoice that she turned in previously, including he says, misspellings. So it seems apparent that all she's doing is just making a copy of an invoice, sending it in and getting paid for it with really no accountability for the time, no accountability for if anything is getting done, no accountability for the people that are working for her or working with her. Under an administration run by Corey Bowman, is that sort of thing going to continue in the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: What I tell people is that what we're witnessing is trickled down in competence from the top down. You know, last time I checked, not voting for any of these other individuals. We're voting for the mayor Cincinnati. We're voting for city council members. And if we put people in leadership that allow things to happen, whether it be with the budget contractors, city manager's office, whatever that might be, that we're displeased with, you know, and I'm thankful for a citizen watchdog and you know, other people that are trying to keep the city accountable because that's what needs to happen. There needs to be accountability, there needs to be transparency. But if people are upset with what's going on at city Hall, we have a ballot a November where you can put people in leadership that are going to make sure this doesn't happen. And as mayor, you know, vote isn't a blank check to do whatever you want.
Speaker 5: People voting for me for mayor.
Speaker 4: Are going to say, hey, they want transparency, they want honesty and accountability. They want to make sure the budget is being spent properly, they want to make sure the streets.
Speaker 5: Are safe and clean.
Speaker 4: And we're going to work hand in hand with the with the new council, and with any position at city Hall to make sure that it's being done with the best intentions.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I watched most of the debate that you had on Local twelve with Mayor A. F. Tab Purval, and he seemed to be having a little bit of fun at your expense because he talked about the money that was coming from the sale of the railroad and where that money is being spent, and he said, hey, it's very transparent. It's all out there what we're doing with the money. And he seemed to be taking a little bit of a poke at you because you apparently haven't been able to access that information. When you when you look at that and the money that is coming from the sale of the railroad and what it's being used for, are you of the opinion that that money is being used properly or how do you see it?
Speaker 4: I think one of the biggest things you got to look at is how it's being held by the trust and then how it will be spent. You know, we're still in the beginning stages of this money being deposited into the city's accounts. You know, for me, you know, there's a lot of people are very unhappy with the results of that railroad purchase, and rightfully so. But the reality of it is that it's already been done. So moving forward, what's going to be the best way to ensure that there's accountability, transparency, and not corruption happening in the spending of this money. When you look at the city budget, you know, they can categorize whatever they want as existing infrastructure. They can categorize whatever they want as far as expenditures within that budget.
Speaker 5: But then when you go down.
Speaker 4: Deeper, you see that it's being funneled into nonprofits, organizations and contractors that there's no accountability on their end. There's a lot of undisclosed board members that are connected with a lot of these boards, a lot of these nonprofits, and that's something that has to be looked into. Because it's not just about, Hey, nobody's going to get any more money, We're going to fire everybody.
Speaker 5: That's not it.
Speaker 4: It's just making sure that every dime is being spent properly for the betterment of the city.
Speaker 1: Well, we are told all these guardrails are put in so the mouthfeasance and corruption and money being spending properly, that all those sorts of things couldn't happen. Are you telling me you're not satisfied with all that stuff?
Speaker 5: Well, I would have the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Are you satisfied, because last time I checked, You know, if we're looking at let's say, fifty million dollars, according to the mayor's statements, a million dollars can actually pave one mile of Center Lane Road, and so fifty million dollars, in my mind, means fifty miles of paved road. Are we seeing that in the city. Are we seeing the potholes filled? Are we seeing the infrastructure being managed properly? I don't think we are, And I don't think that you can just say time and time again, oh it's being spent properly. People have to see it, and they're not seeing it. You go down Sunset, you go down Harrison, you go down any aspect of the fifty two neighborhoods of our city, and the streets aren't being maintenanced properly. And let's actually not forget that the railroad was not supposed to be a substitute for exis, seeing infrastructure budget.
Speaker 5: It was supposed to.
Speaker 4: Be an additive on top of it. And that's not what's happening either. We're seeing a lot of shell games taking place with recategorization of things in the budget, and that needs to stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems to me that that is what the basics of city services ought to be, keeping the streets in safe. They're keeping the streets in shape, i should say, and making sure that when it comes time to clear those streets and have those streets open. And I'm thinking about, you know, last winter, we had several episodes where we couldn't clear the streets after a major snowfall, and I'm thinking that if we are going to change that, and they claim that we didn't have enough vehicles, or we didn't have enough vehicles or up and running, it seems to me that the time to get those new vehicles in here, in here or make sure that everything was ship shape and ready to go for wintertime. It seems to me like that should have already happened, and I don't see any any indication at all that any of that has taken place yet.
Speaker 2: No, you're exactly right.
Speaker 4: You know, when people are asking me, what will the first hundred days of office look like? What will the first year of office look like? Well, last time I checked, we're going to be, you know, sworn in in January. And what happens in January and February. It's the dawn of time, it's snow, So we need to make sure that we're ready for snow. We need to make sure from a city services perspective that we're ready, and if that's not, we have to contact STAY in Federal Dot to make sure that we're getting to help needed. Because for me personally, I have a business in the West End and there was a week where.
Speaker 5: Customers couldn't come into.
Speaker 4: My shop because of snow file removal, and so those things have to be proactive in our planning.
Speaker 6: And then when you have the winter.
Speaker 4: Months, that leads to spring potholes because you have damage to the streets because of all the winter and the wear and tear of the weather.
Speaker 5: We got ready for that, and.
Speaker 4: Then summer and fall months you got another summer and fall month of higher crime rates. And so we have to look at it being proactive from start to finish of the year. Are we going to be ready for the snowplow removal? Are we going to be ready for the spring potholes? And are we going to be ready for the summer in fall crime? And under our administration, we're going to be proactive and making sure that we're utilizing every resource and every relationship to ensure that Cincinnati is ready.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens this winter. Corey Bowman, we got a run, but before we do, you've got an event that's coming up tonight. Tell me about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have two of our final events happening tonight and tomorrow. One is at Hyde Park. We got the Pub and Rookwood. That's happening. Everybody's open to ten I believe it starts at six pm. And then on Tuesday we have one n Wyoming as well, and anybody can go to our website, contact.
Speaker 5: Us and get more information on those.
Speaker 4: One of the biggest things that we have to push though, is that early voting is open now. The election happens November fourth. People got to get out and vote, and if anybody wants to help the campaign, they can go Coreybowman dot com, contact us, email us and let us know if you're ready to get out and door knock.
Speaker 5: For us or put a sign in your yard. Because we got two weeks left.
Speaker 1: All right, Corey Bowman, we got to run. Stay safe out there, brother, and I hope no more bullet holes up here in your church. But keep up the great work and all the best to you. Will be talking again before too long.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. Thank you to you and your listeners.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Corey Bowman, the Republican running for mayor of City of Cincinnati, and if he wins, that's going to be a huge deal. Twelve fifty five. It's seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW. It's one o nine on this Monday afternoon, Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham, great American taking a few days off. I get to be here tomorrow as well, So I am glad to be here, glad you are here as well, and glad to welcome in My next guest. His name is Tim Manella. He is with the Goldwater Institute, and Tim Manilla's got a great history there and I want to find out more about the Goldwater Institute. And he is actually we used to work at the University of Kentucky and he lives in Kentucky. And Tim Manilla, it's great to have you on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: How are you today, Hi, Dan, It's great to be here.
Speaker 1: Tell me a little bit about the Goldwater Institute for those who may not know that much about it.
Speaker 2: Goldwater fights for liberty in all fifty states. Were originally based out of Arizona, but we've got associates all over the country like me, and we're about restoring constitutional principles to American life and that's what I work on, with a focus on higher.
Speaker 1: Ed, especially outstanding. The subject that we're here to talk about today is DEI Diversity, equity and inclusion. And if I'm looking at the headlines right now Fox News is talking about, was twenty twenty four, the year DEI fell apart. There's dozens and dozens of major companies that have gotten rid of their DEI I guess offices or DEI initiatives. Companies like PEPSI JP, Morgan, Blackrock, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, all kinds of different companies. IBM got rid of their DEI policies. So the headlines are that DEI is starting to I guess slowly get into the rear view mirror. But according to at least some at the Goldwater Institute, that may not actually be the case. Why is that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, despite some successes, and you've lifted some of them there, and despite the Trump administration taking some excellent as to restrict discriminatory DEI policies in various ways. Despite all that, this site is far from over. And I would say that, especially at the universities, what we've seen is that very often, even when the universities have clear directives from their board of trustees or even their state legislatures that you will no longer practice these discriminatory tenants of DEI, they are hiding it. They're hiding the ball by changing the name of what they're doing and continuing to engage in discrimination and indoctrination in various ways. And we recently released a podcast at Goldwater.
Speaker 5: Called Dismantling DEI, and this.
Speaker 2: Does I think an excellent job of showing how this, this is something we need to keep our eye on the ball here in various ways. The guests on that podcast do an excellent job of talking about how we need to continue to call out these practices that frankly go against our constitution and we need to especially think about this in terms of education because it's truly a threat to education.
Speaker 1: In a lot of ways. Yeah, I think the vik Ramaswami was one of the first to sort of put up a red flag about this. He put out a book several years ago, and I had him on after the book came out, and he was talking about the DEI, especially in the corporate world. He was talking about the policies and the things that he witnessed when he was when he was in the business world, and how it really affected the way the company ran and the effected the bottom line and the expenses that were that were associated with it, and how the people who were best suited really were being left by the wayside, and the damage that that sort of thing can do. But when you when you look at DEI policies on the face of it, it really is and there's a lot of excuse making. As I look at DEI policies. There's a lot of excuse making that gets done for these policies when they really are discriminatory on their face in really the worst sort of ways. And you're simply saying, we're not going to hire someone because it's a straight white male, And when that's your starting point, how can you look at that and say that that is not flat out discrimination on its face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Dan, And that's what I would emphasize as well, that no American should be discriminated against based on race, based on sex, or other categories of identity. And at the heart of DEI that is what is happening, is that people are given either preferences or they're being ungraded based on immutable characteristics.
Speaker 5: Really, and that is.
Speaker 2: Something that is completely contrary to our Constitution, as enshrined in the fourteenth Amendment, to that magnificent document. And so yes, absolutely that we need to realize and act on and enforce the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection.
Speaker 5: Under the law.
Speaker 1: You know, I go back to the Nixon days when and it was it was Richard Nixon who signed into law the whole idea of equal opportunity for when it comes to employment, and when it was actually a military initiative that when individuals were going to be promoted to higher officer ranks, colonel general, things like that, that they they were going to make the policy was not to overlook candidates who were black, and because they looked at themselves and they said, you know what, we might have a deficiency here. So the whole idea of equal opportunity for everyone was something that started under the next administration. It was a simple policy just to say a candidate cannot be excluded because they're not a white male, that we're going to start looking for people who can be promoted and no matter if a man, woman, they're black, they're Asian, whatever. So that policy and just I think it started there and it got us to where it got so bastardized into what we saw manifesting itself over the last five to ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree, And what I'd add to that is that I think people need to appreciate how DEI is part of the those discriminatory policies that you're talking about, But an additional part of it that goes along with that is the indoctrination component, where under the banner of DEI people are being taught in training sessions, in college curricula, in these required educational sessions to renew your license if you're in a field that has a license from a state. They're they're being forced to take these indoctrination sessions.
Speaker 3: That say that our society is systemically biased, or systemically racist, or systemically sexist against certain groups.
Speaker 2: And that goes to justify the discriminatory policies that are enacted in various ways. And so I think people need to realize that DEI is those discriminatory policies, but it also is this ideological crusade meant to force people to adopt this notion of the United States as a systemically bigoted place. And that's another part that the Goal Oar Institute is opposing that while our country has problems, it is not systemically racist in the ways that DEI advocates are claiming.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and and I and I was subject to this myself at a former employer that I had, I had to attend these sessions where you go in and you're going to listen to someone lecture, and they're going to look at all the white guys in the room and tell and and they're going to start. Their starting point is that with without any discussion whatsoever. Their starting point is that you're racist, you just don't know it, and I'm here to tell you why. And I mean when and when you when you look at that and your subject to that, I don't know how you're supposed to have an honest discussion about that when that is the starting point, that you've already been found guilty, and that this individual is getting paid a hell of a lot more money than you're getting paid to tell you why there's something wrong with you. And there there was a whole industry that was created on this, and there's a lot of people that made an awful lot of money going around telling people this kind of stuff. And I've seen some of them posting that, especially after the Trump administration came into being, that their gigs have been canceled. The companies don't want them anymore. This college course is not happening anymore, and they're losing out a lot of money and they're not happy about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what I say, Dan, is that one of the issues that we've identified is that there are still a massive number of requirements, for instance, in college curricula that say that in order to graduate from our institution, you have to take courses that instruct you and in these concepts that we've just been talking about that America is founded on racism, that it is a systemically bigoted place, and you're being forced, whether you're accounting major, whether you're a biology major, what have you, you're being forced to take courses that instruct you in this ideology in order to progress to the institution. And that's what we want to reform here, is that there's no reason why this sort of ideology should be mandatory in order to complete your education at a public college. And that's what we want to see changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hasn't the Trump administration looked at this and said that if these colleges are going to persist in doing this and promoting these DEI policies, that that is going to affect the federal dollars that they get. They they've done that right.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, the Trump administration has put forward some very law executive orders restricting the discriminatory aspects of DEI, and that's great, but they have explicitly said that we are not going to touch the curriculum of public colleges and universities, which is appropriate because the proper place to regulate that is at the state level. And so that's what I emphasize to your audience is that if in your state, you should be looking at what is required in your public colleges and universities, and that is that is an area where we need to take a lot more action because still millions of students are being forced to take courses in this stuff as a condition of graduation.
Speaker 1: So the and I think the University of Michigan was one of the first major universities that that made it known they were getting rid of and they had a whole DEI office. They had a dee I. I don't know what their title was, but they had one person that was in charge of the whole thing, making a huge salary, and then multiple people that worked in their office. And you know, you look at what these people and you think about what what do you do all day when you when you work in a in a in a DEI office at a major university. And so you've got all these different universities and a lot of these companies that they just looked at I guess they looked at the bottom line and just said it's not worth spending all this money that that we're spending on for so little tangible results. So they so they got rid of that, But what you're telling me is that they've moved it into the curriculum. It still exists and it's just under a different sort of name right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, Dan, the the University of Michigan example was a really instructive example where they they did spend millions on DEI offices and DEI bureaucrats, and their own survey of students found that it had the opposite effect that after those DEI plans went into place, students were less likely to interact with people of different political views, different religious backgrounds.
Speaker 1: It in fact to the opposite.
Speaker 2: It did not lead to more inclusion.
Speaker 5: It led to the opposite.
Speaker 2: But then in addition to that, what I'd say, what you said there is exactly right that a lot of states in Michigan has said that they're going to get rid of that bureaucracy, those various non academic positions to push DEI in various ways on campus. They said they're getting rid of that, and other places said they're getting.
Speaker 5: Rid of that.
Speaker 2: But this stuff is still happening in the academic set. Students are still being forced to take courses on DEI as part of their major or as part of the general education program.
Speaker 5: So in many.
Speaker 2: Ways, you're correct that this stuff has not disappeared. It has simply changed form.
Speaker 5: And because we value.
Speaker 2: Academic freedom, that's a place where you can sort of get away with this indoctrination under the banner of academic freedom.
Speaker 1: You know, I've always thought that if companies and universities and places that promote these DEI practices, I've always thought that, you know what if if you just go out and you if you have a position that's open, that you just look for the best person you can get, that the whole diversity quotient sort of will sort of take care of itself because you're going to have different people that are interested in the position. If if you're an employer, that you're going to have different people who are interested in the position. You're going to have people who are qualified to do it, and they're not necessarily going to be the same the same sex, the same color, same religion, all that sort of stuff that that that diversity part of the equation is just it's it's going to happen on its own. Is there any evidence to support that that notion?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I would just say that I think in many cases you would be correct that that if if you if we go back to this common sense notion of people should be judged on their merit and their character instead of these identity characteristics, I think we would see that in many fields. It's like you're saying, it would it would look like America. But I think beyond that, it's it is. I think to me, it is the principle of what we're fighting for here. And the principle is equal opportunity and equal protection under the law.
Speaker 5: And the bottom line is no.
Speaker 2: One should be discriminated against based on these identity characteristics. And that is the critical principle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Tim Manella, we've only scratched a surface on this. We go on for hours on this, but it's been great having you on the Goldwater Institute. And if people want to find that podcast we're talking about, where can they find that?
Speaker 2: Oh, they can find that at Dismantling DEI, where wherever you get your podcasts such as Apple Podcasts, where it was recently a number one government podcast in the podcast sphere, so we're very excited about that.
Speaker 1: Outstanding Tim. Tim Manilla, great talking to you today, sir, appreciate the time, and I certainly hope that we get a chance to talk on down the road. Really good having you on today.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Tim Manilla of the Goldwater Institute, and a good discussion there about de EI one twenty six, Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW Lansford good.
Speaker 7: Hitting Oakland third baseman and Meyer's bringing it and the pictures hitting the air foul off first, Benzinger backing and calling, and the nineteen ninety World Championship. The logs to the Cincinnati Rats. As you might expect, they pile out of the dugout. They are jumping up and high vibing all smiles as Blue Panilla and his coaching staff break out of the dugout, gloves and caps all over the enfield. The Cincinnati Retch have done the absolute improbable by defeating the club considered to be the best in Major League Baseball, and they've.
Speaker 6: Done it in a four game series.
Speaker 7: Suite. Oh hello, quiet and I'm Scot, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God Sega. I never heard that call.
Speaker 8: October twentieth, nineteen ninety on miss Day.
Speaker 1: You know why I didn't hear it?
Speaker 8: Drunk again or something or what?
Speaker 1: I was there? Oh, okay, I was. I was. I was actually in the seven hundred WLW newsroom at the time, and I was there in Oakland covering the game for seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: There you go, probably drunken in the background.
Speaker 1: Grew out there with Davy the arm Brewster boy. And who else did I fly out there with? Willie? No? Not Willie wild Man? What's it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Not no, not wild Man, Nah, Furman the fur Ball. And we got we got, we got a surprise. You got that far. We got to the airport. We had to rent a car, and then for some reason, Furman decided he wanted to drive. The guy's a terrible driver, and in Los Angeles, in Los Angeles, up in prison. We drove. We drove for about five minutes. He's I mean, the guy's got sweat rolling down his rolling down his forehead. Have no it has no idea, I said, Furman. I said, I said, stop the car. I said, I'm driving. I used to live in Los Angeles. I know how to drive, and so so I wound up doing the driving around around the Bay area when we were out there in uh in Oakland, California.
Speaker 8: Dan Carrol the stood reporters and proud service of your local Tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers Tamestar, well you could feel in Cincinnati, cal Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating at five one, three, three, eight, five, seventy seven sixty five. But let's see Bengals update. It's brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals get ready this week for those who win. Seven New York Jets come on now that come to town. More on Bengals Line tonight at six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW Monday Nights and doubleheader.
Speaker 1: The Bengals cannot lose to the Jets.
Speaker 8: Tampa Bay and Detroit at six tonight and in Seattle hosting Houston at ten, all on Fox Sports thirteen six one.
Speaker 1: Why do we need to have two games on a Monday night? Why can't we just have one?
Speaker 8: Ask me, I call the ESPN. I don't know it's supposed to be. I got enough problems around here.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be a national thing. Monday night football.
Speaker 8: It's the National Football League Monday. Get enough of it, Monday night football.
Speaker 1: Because now you try to watch one game and you and you got to miss the other game.
Speaker 8: Call him, I know you won't. You'll be able to watch one and watch.
Speaker 1: The other one. Well, don't they?
Speaker 8: Tampa Bay and Detroit? Does one start after the other six o'clock? What times the first game start six o'clock? And then Houston at Seattle at ten?
Speaker 1: Oh? That that game doesn't start till ten? Yeah, for crying out loud. Who doesn't watch it? Who can stay up till ten o'clock at night? Not me much. Cunningham won't be watching it.
Speaker 8: College football, though, Cincinnati Bearcats six and one and co leaders in the Big Twelve, moved up three spots to number twenty one this Wendy AP twenty one.
Speaker 1: Coaches Poll twenty one.
Speaker 8: The Bearcats will host Baylor the Bears this Saturday at four.
Speaker 1: That'll be big.
Speaker 8: Let's see. Florida fired their head coach Billy Napier over the weekend.
Speaker 1: How much did he get paid?
Speaker 8: Twenty one million dollars, half of which has to be paid in thirty days and he gets the twenty million or whatever it is, even if he gets another job. That is America, right, there's all that that right there, it's America.
Speaker 1: I read, I read, I read what Brian Kelly's payout is at LSU and you know what it is.
Speaker 8: Well, the U Kurt Signetti uh in Indiana. Yeah, just got that total ninety three mil. He's owed all of it if he leaves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian Kelly's payout fifty three million, fifty three million for.
Speaker 8: Ls He might be next m LSFC Cincinnati in.
Speaker 1: The come to get fired after a while.
Speaker 8: Well, you never know. Let me go not coming back here and guarantee you that m ls FC Cincinnati will host the Columbus Crew and hell Is Reel and the best of three MLS first Round playoff series on Game one TQL Stadium on Monday, October twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: Do they go back and forth? Do they play all the games here or do they play like here and there.
Speaker 8: They played Monday October twenty seventh here, then they play in Columbus and then Game three will be here. Let's see Game seven winner go home tonight between the Mariners and Blue Jayson Toronto Game seven of the Alcs and the winner there, of course gets the gets the Dodgers in the World Series that'll start on Friday. Let's see what else is going on here, Oh Mason girls tennis team when their ninth consecutive state championship over the weekend.
Speaker 1: How about that and the.
Speaker 8: College dodgeball power rankings. We give it to you all here, College dodgeball power ranking. Power Ranking. Had no idea this was going on. I had no idea either. Miami RedHawks Ono. I think Miami RedHawks are second in the nation. Cincinnati bearcatser sixth, NKU is sixteenth.
Speaker 1: That'll be huge.
Speaker 8: We've got powerhouse volleyball around here.
Speaker 1: Boys. When when do when do we get to see a game? I don't know you get to watch? They can have all three of those teams show up at uh SO At with the arena downtown and have a giant dodgeball.
Speaker 8: Matt Also back to baseball, Ret louder remember him, Yes, two starts so far in the Arizona Fall League.
Speaker 1: I'm on now two twenty.
Speaker 8: Five e r A, no walks, five strikeouts, so that's a start after two starts, mister Louder, so didn't he have.
Speaker 1: Something wrong with his elbow or something.
Speaker 8: That had four arms, four arm, elbow arms something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what was going on. I was supposed to be pretty good.
Speaker 8: He had more injuries than that. Doc Hollywood could probably figure out. Also, Dan Carroll, it's at getting to be that time of year again. The wait, no Christmas times right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Well, wait a minute, wait a minute, the wish We haven't we haven't had trick or treat yet, right, we haven't had Thanksgiving yet. Yep, and you're jumping right ahead to Christmas. Amen to that baby Sandy Claus all the way with Ted mckaye. What about Claus?
Speaker 8: The Wish Tree Program celebrating forty one years this year. Uh So, if you want to help out need each children and adults, get a tree, and all you got to do is call the Wish Tree Program wish Line at five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five for the Wish Tree Program and help out your fellow man this Christmas season.
Speaker 1: That's a great thing, yes it is, But what about we haven't had we haven't had a great pumpkin. Charlie Brown so we haven't had Thanksgiving. Yeah, well, I mean and now you just sip there, give it right over that stuff going right to Christmas. That's right.
Speaker 8: It's the birth of you know who, and that's more important than getting in your candy and the're and stuff in your stuff in your gut.
Speaker 1: Saga. I'm reading that former WWE champion Bobby horn Huh, best known to fans as sir Mo from the Tag Team Men on a Mission Okay, passed away Sunday at the age of fifty eight. Oh boy, sir Mo from the w I don't I cannot tribute.
Speaker 8: Probably a tribute tomorrow morning on the Kid christ Show on w E.
Speaker 1: Probably, but but I'm not familiar. I'm not familiar with sir Mo of w w E fame.
Speaker 8: That that name, that that name is. That name escapes me too.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't what bigger into.
Speaker 1: Sarah says he was a tag team champion, all right, Well.
Speaker 8: Not good fifty eight not good either. Rest of soul, God, God, bless amen. But seg we got all, we all got all hell breaking loose.
Speaker 1: We got the sheriff coming up after the news the top of the hour, America Sheriff Richard K. Jones. Yeah, well you're talking well here from he's raking in millions of dollars. Old nice prisoners up.
Speaker 8: There here here, he's going to take over Venezuela's.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens, but in any case, we got to get out of the stuog's reports.
Speaker 8: Seg Dan Carol in honor of the sheriff, the sheriff coming up. We leave you with the immortal words of the stooge report.
Speaker 9: Lichtenberg throws a pitch to the rights and the tackle will be made under Kyrie Anderson to end the game. He lost a few yards on the play. The clock hit zero and the UC Bearcats have a six game winning streak. They have earned Powl eligibility as they come to Oklahoma and stop the Oklahoma State Cowboys. The final score tonight the bear Cats forty nine, Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: Seventeen forty nine seventeen Bearcats now twenty one in the nation on seven hundred WL seven hundred WLW two O nine. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. We rocked on Rock and Roll till three today, same tomorrow, So I'm looking forward to that. Also looking forward to talking to the Sheriff of Butler County, Richard K. Jones and Sheriff Jones, Welcome to the show and great to have you on today. How you doing.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's a crazy world we live in, but right here it's not bad. And your little piece of the turf and mine as we speak.
Speaker 1: As we speak it is. Did you enjoy any and no Kings demonstrations over the weekend?
Speaker 6: Actually I did, you did? It'll surprise. I drove past a couple, not on purpose. It was a beautiful day and that's the last place I would want to be wasting my time. Uh. And when I when I went past them, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Give them.
Speaker 6: The thumbs up. I just simply put my arm out and went thumb down, not finger up, but thumb down. And uh, listen. I never seen so many people dressed up in costumes like little bears, little turtles and uh, big blow up walking uh uh I guess outfits for Halloween. And I never seen somebody senior citizens all in one place. Uh. And they were different. I never seen nothing like it. It was humorous. I'm glad I got stuck in a light so I could see them, and they looked so sad. Uh, but made my day, made me happy that they were wasting what little time you had. When you get older, you're at the tail end of the spectrum as far as yours go. You're not at the front end. And I was actually enjoying my day having fun. So there you go. I got to see two of them, and I was pretty pumped up.
Speaker 1: Well that's our r. It's a beautiful thing. It's a great thing about America. You can protest peacefully all you want, and it appears everything was peaceful. So let those folks, I say, Let those folks let their freak flag fly all day long. And as long as you're not hurting anyone, I'm good with it. Sheriff, you're making the news today because of the ice prisoner situation that you have there in Butler County. The rate for having an ice prisoner in your jail is one hundred fives going up to one hundred and five dollars a day, and that's raking in a nice chunk of change for Butler County. Tell me about that.
Speaker 6: Well, listen, basically, we've done deportation from this year for twenty years, through five presidents, two Democrats, and I think three Republicans. Guess what, They're all gone except for Trump and the old sheriff is still here. We bring in in the last twenty years, we've bought in two hundred million dollars, not two hundred thousand, two hundred million. Now, if you count this year, we're going to bring in twelve. We said we bring in eight. So shame on me for bringing in more than I said we would bring in. Next year, we're going to bring in instead of twelve that we told the commissioners and our budget hearing, we're going to bring in twenty two. And that's just in this year. Next year, and if you go the third year total, we're going to bring in close we're going to bring in close to one a quarter. I want to make sure you hear this right. A quarter of a billion dollars, not million. A quarter of a billion dollars. Now, what does that money go to. It goes to the commissioners. They determine what that money gets you. And listen, our county is debt free. They pay cash for buildings when they build them, which isn't often. They don't have any debt, and their cofers are pretty good shape. And the old share helps with that. But I want you to realize that by the time this is done just this year, next year, and in twenty twenty seven, we would have bought in a quarter of a billion dollars in twenty twenty three years billion. Is that that's not bad? Would you agree?
Speaker 1: That's not bad. That's a nice chunk of change, especially for a county like Butler count Really in any county in Ohio I think would be glad to have that revenue stream. So with all these prisoners that you're housing there at the Butler County Jail, are they coming from all over Ohio? Or are they coming from outside of Ohio? Where are they all coming from?
Speaker 6: They come from everywhere. They come from all over the world. There's like one hundred or two hundred and thirty different countries. I could be off a little bit on that. There's so many countries I know not where they come to the United States and for some reason they want to come to Ohio. And in the past the past eight months, You've got to give Trump a couple months when he got in and had to get his cabinet people. His two point charged past eight months, we've had seventeen hundred illegals in our jail close to that fourteen hundred have been deported. That's a lot of deportation. And where they come from, they're already here. The southern border is sealed. I've been to the southern border, the Mexico border for three times. I'm all the national committees for in the national sheriffs. It's the northern border, the Canadian border here that touches a little bit of Ohio, and they're running the drugs in through a three thousand mile line that's hard to secure, but they're working on it. They're working on the Canadians don't help us, Mexico doesn't help us. All these countries they've emptied people out of their prisons and their site wards. I don't blame them, and they helped get them here like Castro did at one time when in Cuba. Remember when he emptied the prisons out yea, and in sant asylum short trip, hundred mile trip. Hey, the United States, I love to have you, and we just stupidly we took these people. That's not happening anymore. Ice is tightening the belt. They're getting people out and they have said the commercials no, I'm on TV the Homeland Security. She has said, if you're here illegally, you need to leave, they'll give you a ticket, just fly you back to the country where you come from and give you a thousand bucks. A lot of them have took them up on that. But if not, if you get captured in these stings, what's going to happen is you'll never allowed back to the United States ever. Go back, get in line, and come in the correct way the United States, whether you voted for Trump or you did not. The American people boat parties Democrat and Republic seventy eight percent want the borders sealed, and they want people to port it back to their country. Pretty simple, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely. I've heard Tom Homan say many times that if these different places around the country are you know, these places that want to be sanctuary cities and sanctuary states and sanctuary jurisdictions, if they would simply just stop doing that, it would make the job of these federal officers a lot easier. If these people are already locked up, they can go in, they can do a transfer. There's not a lot of commotion going on. It's very easy. No one gets hurt is when they come to pick up prisoners from the Butler County jail. Is that how it goes, the very peaceful, very calm. They come in, they pick them up, and they and they go on their way and there's not a bunch of commotion going on now.
Speaker 6: Basically, if you're jumping from an ICE car and discounty, you'll go to jail. But my citizens, the citizens, if you jump in front of their car, they'll probably run over. You go to the hospital first. It's different here. It's not like Portland or Cincinnati. We do things a little different here. And when we go out with ICE, if you throw a brick at them or us, your lam will get shot first. You'll probably go to the hospital. A brick is deadly forced. In case you don't know that, a brick hits you upside your head, you can die. If you spit on the police here. Uh, you'll go to the hospital first, then you'll.
Speaker 5: Go to jail.
Speaker 6: If you shoot at us, we will shoot.
Speaker 1: Back at you.
Speaker 6: It's different here and ICE doing their job. And what you see on TV is in those places where those communities are okay with that and their police. I promise you are not okay with it. But things are changing rapidly. The president's only been there since January and he's just got his people in place, and he's moved very fast, and he's not done. They've got twenty to thirty million people that are here illegally, plus the ones that are here, terrorisd that are here that we don't even know where they're at. They've got hundreds and hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of people that have committed crimes that are here, and the people that snuck across the border. You can't just sneak across the board and think it's okay. I guess there's people that think it's okay. But if you're sitting at your house watching TV. Let's say you're watching the Bengals football game Thursday night, and you're sitting there eating a little popcorn, drinking a soft drink or a beer, and all of a sudden, somebody opens your door, comes in, sits down, get you your refrigerator. You did not invite them in your house. So that's the equivalent of coming across the border and just sneaking across and thinking we can give you all the welfare you can stand, you can get all the free stuff you can you don't have to pay any taxes. You can go get your driver's license, don't even have to speak English. You can have an interpreter with it. That's how bad it's gotten. But not in Butler County, my friend. Now, I also want you to realize, we have an operation going on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week, and we just put it out today. It was Operation Deportation, and we arrested. ICE went out with Homeland Security, federal agents from different agencies and the Sheriff's office and ICE arrested. I'm close to thirty illegals.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 6: Thirty in in Butler County. And we've arrested probably in Butler County just in the past couple months, probably one hundred and fifty just in Butler County. We're not done yet. There's going to be another one going on soon. And if you're here, you need to go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Pretty simple, outstanding, outstanding. You've also been watching what's been happening here in Cincinnati, and you posted on your X feed a couple of days ago you wrote that the Cincinnati criminal justice system sucks. You wrote, I, as the sheriff could fix a city in short time. How would Richard K. Jones approach what is happening here as it relates to crime in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Hey, the police chief is only allowed to do what she's allowed to do. It's not her fault. Nice lady, I know her well. They won't let her do her job. She's going to be a scapegoat in the end. And it's the people that run the city that are the goats.
Speaker 5: They won't let her do the job.
Speaker 6: Comes from a great family, a background, and police officers a family history. And then but when you take those jobs and you work for goofs and people that aren't very nice, they'll tell you one thing and they'll sacrifice you. It's a luction coming up. Pretty simple. I would go to the police department. I would meet with the police officers. I'd meet with the FOP and they would like me because they would be allowed to do their job. I'd have to have a contract from the city, a six month contract, and with that six month contract, people would get arrested the jail. People would go to jail. I'd have to work with the judges who don't want to put them in jail. They do a no pash bond. I'd work with the prosecutor's office and we would do like the broken windows if you ever heard of that, the windows. You go in, you clean up the streets, you paint the houses, you get the garbage cleaned up. You make people feel good. People that live in poor communities, they need the police. I don't agree with Al Sharpton at all, but I do agree that they don't need to defund the police in poor neighborhoods. They have no choice. So six months I clean it up. The police would love me and the place would be cleaned up, and then they would want to get rid of me. And I understand that I would come in and fix it.
Speaker 1: But how do you convince these judges to keep the bad guys in jail. We just had this guy who turned himself in Sunday. He's out there. He's wielding a gun at a business on Fountain Square, shooting into the business. His lawyers claim in self defense. But he was just convicted of aggravated assault. Serve no time for it. So number one, he shouldn't have been out of He shouldn't have been out of jail, and number two, he shouldn't have had a weapon. But if you get these judges who just to let them go, and these guys it's a turnstile at the Hamilton County Justice Center and at the Hamilton County Courthouse. And so how do you deal with that? Do you say you'd work with the judges, Hey, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta go, You gotta you gotta go. You gotta go work with them. And if not, I meet with the federals, the federal guys, the prosecutors, federal prosecutors, and I look at crimes that I can run them through the federal system whole way to work them out. Uh. Six months. The police would love it. They they they'd be able to do their job. The police chief that you have is a great person. She's a good person, and she comes from a family of police officers. Great, great, honest person. She's being scapegoaded and blamed for everything that they want her to do. But she has bosses, city manager, city council. But they'd have to give me a contract. Uh, and they just have to go on vacation for a while.
Speaker 5: And come back.
Speaker 6: I picked, and then then I would leave and go back to Butler time six months, six months and I six months.
Speaker 1: Jones the six months, the six month plan. I like that. I like maybe if we if we get a new mayor, new administration in here, we'll do the Sheriff Joones six month plan. That would be fantastic. They would miss you, though, in Butler County for six months six.
Speaker 6: Months, but I could do both.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 6: The businesses downtown would love it. Uh, the restaurants that are concerned, the business owners, they would love it. People would feel comfortable coming downtown. They don't now, and they're not going to again. They're going to sacrifice. They've already tried to sacrifice the police chief and uh uh but and uh, good person, great.
Speaker 1: Family, no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: Oh they are.
Speaker 6: But give me a six month contract and then they can blame it all on when it's fixed, and then I can turn a note over to them like a Swiss watch. It'll be cleaned up. People be in jail, they'll be in prison, and they'll leave. The crooks and the punks, they'll leave.
Speaker 1: They won't want to be there.
Speaker 6: Best police department in the United States, one of the best, all of them. Good policemen, good, good leadership. It's the poor leadership of their city council that the people have voted, and they voted for these judges. But I come in there and I fix it. I'm pretty confident with myself and I have somewhat of an ego.
Speaker 1: Would you agree just slightly? Just slightly, But Sheriff Jones, it's great. It is always great having you on, my friend. Keep up the great work, and keep up the great alliance with the Feds and Ice and all the rest of it. And always great to have you on. Thank you so much for the time, and stay safe out there, brother, and we'll talk to you again before too long.
Speaker 6: Hey, just remember six month program, Sheriff Jones.
Speaker 1: The six month program for Sheriff Jones. Sheriff, you're the best. We'll talk to you again soon. I appreciate it. On seven hundred WLW Lansford.
Speaker 7: Good hitting Oakland third baseman and Myers bringing it and the pitcher is hitting the air foul off first, Benzinger backing and calling, and the nineteen ninety World Championship belongs to the Cincinnati Reds. As you might expect, they pile out of the dugout. They are jumping up and high viving all smiles as Blue Paniella and his coaching staff breakout of the dugout gloves and caps all over the endfield. The Cincinnati Reds have done the absolute improbable by defeating the club considered to be the best in Major League Baseball, and they've done it in a four game series.
Speaker 10: Sweet Hello, quiet, I'm scows, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God seg. There's an entire generation of Reds fans who have never known victory, a World Series victory.
Speaker 8: That game four, Dan, will they ever know one again? October twentieth, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety, this is twenty twenty five.
Speaker 8: Won the game two to one. Randall kirk Myers, New Richmond, Ohio z owned Todd Benzinger catching the ball, and uh Cincinnata reigned supreme in the baseball world.
Speaker 1: That was a long time ago? Was that thirty five years? It's been a while thirty five years. Oakland, California as well.
Speaker 8: I was going to say something, but I say right now, Dandy Stuart reporters a proud service every local teme Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, Temestar, Well you could feel in Cincinnati, Callyoming Air won eight eight eight nine nine six h v A C. But thank you Roxy. The Bengals are back at work, getting ready to those oh and seven New York Jets. Come on now, j e Ts rolling into town at pay Corse Stadium Sunday. Bengles right now at early six point favorite of the Cincinnatams.
Speaker 1: And games of the Jets won oh and seven oh and seven. That means zero. They haven't won a single game, so they're dangerous.
Speaker 8: Hopefully they're on eight by Sunday when they leave Cincinnati. Mor tonight on Bengals line starting at eight six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Monday night football. You got a doubleheader. First game starts at six Tampa Bay and Detroit. Then it's off to the Great Northwest. That's that way Houston at Seattle at ten, both games on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: And I think he just pointed to the south. No, it's that way. I think you're pointing south.
Speaker 8: No, northwest. That way is Indianapolis, that way?
Speaker 1: That way? That way is not.
Speaker 8: West, Yes, it is from here.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't tell. We don't have any windows. Theater of the mind, Dan of the mind.
Speaker 8: I think south is that I pointed towards my back, which is Northwest. MLS Soccer FC Cincinnati hosts the Columbus Crew and the best of three MLS hell is Real?
Speaker 1: Are they calling it that? Are they calling it? Hell is Real? Playoff Edition?
Speaker 8: First Round Playoffs? I'm calling it?
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 8: Heck with anybody else? FC Cincinnati and midfielder Evander Big Will you only get one? Vander has been named to the MLS Team of the Match Day. He earns his twelfth starting Team of the Match Day honors this season.
Speaker 1: So is that the equivalent to MESSI then one name? Yeah? So you got a like seg Like, well, you've got everyone knows your your sege.
Speaker 8: So does Evander. You can play soccer better than me, the most individual honors in club history. Scoring a goal and an assist in the three nil win over CF Montreal that helps Cincinnati into the playoffs, and that game one of that series will be at TQL Stadium Monday, October the twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: But they didn't get the Supporters Shield this year.
Speaker 8: Now Philadelphia got it, but I think they fell four points short. Four points Where it goes that's all right, Yeah, baseball tonight winner go home into Toronto. That way ALCS go at Game seven tonight Seattle in Toronto. George Kirby v. Shane Bieber, the former Guardian. Let's see. Uh the North winner goes on to the World Series against those Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: I think that is who's going to beat them?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: How about Tommy over the weekend? What three home game? Two of them? Two of them I think went was the greatest game by a Major League baseball player.
Speaker 8: Yes, I think two of them landed in San Diego and he had what ten strikeouts.
Speaker 1: And they took him out in the sixth inning. Thank you all, it's all he needs use.
Speaker 8: He scored five six runs for game right. High school news at Indian Hill, junior Devlin Daniel, a standout on the football field at baseball Diamond, announced his verbal commitment to play baseball at Mississippi State. All over the Cowboy on the Diamond, Daniel had a career four ninety four average, seventy one RBIs, fifteen doubles, eight home runs, thirty eight walks in two full seasons. At a sophomore, he had five point fifty seven alone so. And on the football field, he rushed for two and sixty yards last year, thirty four touchdowns, leading the Braves to the regional on my finals. And he goes to quarterback this year eight hundred passing yards, twelve touchdowns, six hundred and seventy seven rushing yards and thirteen touchdowns and Indian Hill's nine to zero.
Speaker 1: Is he gonna play baseball or football or both? He do whatever he wants, do whatever he wants.
Speaker 8: He could be the Olympic to Catalon champion wherever that dude can play.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. There's some good numbers right there.
Speaker 8: Congrats to a Mason girls tennis team over the weekend they won their ninth consecutive state championship. And uh and as you said, Dan, you told me about this. The college dodgeball power rankings are out. I didn't tell you for the week you had it. You got it on your Facebook page. Miami RedHawks number two in the nation. Come you see Bearcats number six and n k U sixteenth.
Speaker 1: We need to we need to halley. We need to have a three way dodgeball match. They say volleyball or dog dodgeball. I'm sorry, dodgeball.
Speaker 8: Ttween who how about how about like a crosstown shootout.
Speaker 1: There the seven hundred wl W all Stars versus Miami University.
Speaker 8: N k U and U s Well, I guarantee you one thing. How many are in a dodgeball game?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, they better have many ambulances ready and a lot of helicopters.
Speaker 1: Could be you.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not knowing, Jack Crumley, You kidding, I'm not playing the number two team in the nation, crazy, Sarah el No, No, go ahead, I'll be the equipment manager.
Speaker 1: You get audio there winging the ball. Those folks.
Speaker 8: College dodgeball must be big. That's got the rankings.
Speaker 1: They try. I'm going to try and go to a game. So I don't know. I mean they call it a game or a match.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I have no idea college got dodgeball power rankings? Miami Cincinnati and nk Miami Cincinnati and n KU.
Speaker 1: Baby, I want to I want to see it. What about xavierot the Zavier dodgeballton.
Speaker 8: Not in the not in the top twenty five.
Speaker 1: What about Ohio State?
Speaker 8: I think they were like in the top ten, the top ten, all right, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Got to get gotta get some games going, and let's see what else. Let's see it. Richard Jones says he can he can take care of things. He he broke some news today when I was talking to him. He said, he's got he's got the six month plan, he said. He said he can come to Cincinnati, okay, and in six months get the crime situation squared away. He said, city the city administration's got to give him a contract. They'll come in, they'll get the streets cleaned up, They'll get the crime cleaned up. They'll work with the judges and get the judges squared away. Work with the police department, get the police department going, get those gay. He said. The police department's great. And he said, he said the city Hall is doing the police chief dirty because because of the way they're treating her. Correct but he would come in, get things squared away. You can take care of the crime in Cincinnati in six months time.
Speaker 8: Well, they're waiting for I don't know in He called it the six month plan. Invasion from the north.
Speaker 1: I said, what about. I said, they'd miss you in Butler County. So I can do both exactly. He can be the sheriff and Butler County and be the new Sherman and General Sherman. Sherman's run to the to the to the to the to the ocean. Maybe they out to send him over there to Paris and figure out why they can't catch these dudes who stole the stolen Georgian.
Speaker 8: That's like a bad movie. I mean, he'd come on, I mean, I've never been to the Louver. Anybody didn't go to.
Speaker 1: The Louver with you.
Speaker 7: You've been.
Speaker 1: You've been to France though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but we were in Albertville, French. How far away is that long way? A long way?
Speaker 1: You couldn't take a side trip to the Louver when you were when you were in France.
Speaker 8: We were. We had eight feet of snow around us, not leaving going anywhere. We were in the Alps. You crazy. You're there for the Olympics, Yeah, ninety two, But I mean, you know, broad side, rent a car, take a broad daylight at the Louver. Come on, I'm all over the place at that joint outside.
Speaker 1: How can they not catch it? How can you how can you steal? How can you possibly steal anything from the looth?
Speaker 8: Those guys did. Then they dropped something. Right, then they drop some kind of necklace or something.
Speaker 1: Apparently they dropped something. They opened a window using an angle grinder. Now like nobody can hear that stole a bunch of jewelry and nobody and nobody saw it. Well they think they were like just taking it out. I don't know, unbelievable. Andy Macker, he said, they're doing everything they can. The French president said, of doing everything they can.
Speaker 8: I bet they suspects. Then they got away on motorbikes, right.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? I mean, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: I they say, you know what, send send Sheriff Jones over there. He'll wrap that case up at a day.
Speaker 1: According to the Parisian newspaper, police found two angle grinders, a blowtorch, gasoline gloves, a walkie talkie, a blanket and a crown at the scene of the robbery. The yellow vest used by the perpetrators to disguise themselves as workmen. Whole what absolute geniuses. We're gonna put some yellow vests on, pretend we're doing some work, and we're gonna go in and steal a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 8: You don't think anybody like Nike security didn't like Hey, what what are these guys doing over there?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, somebody they they let me see they took they took a tiara and a necklace worn by Queen Marie Amelia and some other queen. And then and then in Florida. In Florida, you've got the hunting stand.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about the outside the Palm Beach Airports?
Speaker 8: Good job, secrets, sir, it's.
Speaker 1: Got a direct line of sight to Air Force one.
Speaker 8: How about that act?
Speaker 1: How does that happen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: How's that happen? At That guy is hiding into weed sit on the golf course, That's what I'm saying. I don't think he was looking for his golf ball.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he was. You know, I don't know that. That dude's a nut, that's for sure. But they but they say they've got Yeah, they're they're investigating.
Speaker 8: Sure, I'm sure they'll they'll they'll check that out. And I guarantee you they'll have those guys within a week.
Speaker 1: They'll maybe maybe maybe you ought to send Sheriff Stone Jones down to Palm Beach.
Speaker 8: Why not find out what the heck is going on? He's gonna he's gonna take him everywhere. He'll be America's envoy, he said.
Speaker 1: He said, in Butler County, they've made a they've made over two hundred million dollars already by housing these federal prisoners, these ice prisoners, the illegal aliens. He's the man now. And now the rate is going up. He used to be sixty eight bucks a night. Now it's gonna be one hundred and five dollars a night.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: And that that money's coming from the federal government.
Speaker 8: They can't go to travago and you know, like I say, get a lower rate. So I think so one hundred bucks of the night is the government still paying him because of the shutdown.
Speaker 1: They're paying He's getting paid. He's not going to do it for free. Okay.
Speaker 8: I'm just checking.
Speaker 1: And the money goes to the Butler County Commissioners. Amen to that, brother, he said, I want to make sure you're hearing this right. We're gonna we're gonna be he said, I estimated eight million this year, so we're bringing in twelve million this year.
Speaker 8: He's the man. You know what, don't challenge it. Don't challenge the sheriff, absolutely not, especially in pickleball.
Speaker 1: Good play do you play him in pickleball, yes, and some what about dodgeball?
Speaker 8: Somehow you lose to the sheriff. He's that good of a player. He probably covers covers a lot of ground.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 8: Well he says it's either you win or you get six months.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 8: Now, he's a good player. He's a good player.
Speaker 1: Seg you're the best. Damn. Let's go ahead and get out of the Stooge report. Seeing I think Eddie and Rocky are coming up at where's Rocky today? By way should be here? I think he only comes in with Willie. He's big timing. He's comes in once in a while when he's waiting. All right, get us out of the Stooge report.
Speaker 8: Dan and Otter of the Bengals looking for those oh and seven gents.
Speaker 1: Take them down.
Speaker 8: Baby, We leave you, and Tony Pike is back. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 6: The sheriff should not talk to Bill Cunningham on WLW.
Speaker 2: He should do his job more.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, he wasn't talking to cunning Hand today was talking to me and long lived Tony Pike. Amen now back at fifteen thirty Yeah, down and dirty and all the way with Ted McKay on seven hundred WLW