Speaker 1: Through July third, you could win your share of twenty five hundred dollars. Listen for the keyword entered at Cafe and dot comcerting at eight am and playing your ultimate US adventure.
Speaker 2: Take Lens Rock Club this morning because I'm excited. Fifteen days from today, what about days today we'll be playing at the new Mystic Lake ampithe can't wait?
Speaker 3: Man, cool, you cann't be great now? That is sweet track Chushing board Don man, I love don I know you do. I played golf with him and he was so nice. He's nice to everybody. He's such a nice Guy's not that.
Speaker 4: I think he was, but he I couldn't have just blown away to how kind of a human he is.
Speaker 2: This is a damn poet too. Man, it's coming and coming to you. You're just dealing with a few regrets with remember now, I know it's weird.
Speaker 4: Going to listen to.
Speaker 5: Where we had new sport Fever Club that was properly placed.
Speaker 2: Yeah see Cypers news clear did you see.
Speaker 1: We got this case news and Chris Hockey presented by the Saint Paul sing.
Speaker 2: Yeah Man, Saint paulam proved to thirty two and twenty seven. Their third straight victory against Indianapolis History. You were there, you followed this report.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was there last night. It's an awesome venue. The wife, Louie, and I were all there.
Speaker 6: It's so cool.
Speaker 4: My wife is like, this place is awesome. We walked around it a couple of times. They had great spots, great food options. It was super super cool. Everybody was excited to be there. It's an awesome place to watch baseball.
Speaker 6: And I think they had like two dollars beers. Yeah, yeah, great spot. I don't know who won. We left at seven o five.
Speaker 4: I haven't spent eighteen dollars on beer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he had about twenty five. I think I think he's still there.
Speaker 4: His draft foot was heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't drink and drive, but he misses it.
Speaker 7: What amen?
Speaker 2: Brothers?
Speaker 7: The hell?
Speaker 6: What's wrong with us today?
Speaker 4: He calls them the good old days.
Speaker 6: Here we're telling me poor drop Foot. He is such a nice family too. They were all there.
Speaker 4: It was it's just.
Speaker 6: Drop foot for me to go up and downstairs.
Speaker 2: It is funny to watch.
Speaker 4: His wife was there.
Speaker 6: What does she do?
Speaker 4: I think she's a preschool teacher.
Speaker 2: She questions her decisions.
Speaker 8: She's lovely as well, oh Chad, yeah, Jad, our top story.
Speaker 2: Today is your daughter graduating.
Speaker 4: That was last Oh man, it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, yeah I did. They tried to do it outside on the football field and then some very big clouds and lightning came in, so we had to move into the gym quickly. Luckily they had it set up in the gym ready to go just in case.
Speaker 4: Uh so it was.
Speaker 5: It went pretty smooth, got done at eight thirty, like they said, even with the with the rain delay, and yeah, you know, I was okay for a little while until we got back to the gym and then I could, you know, see Gian's face at the back of their heads like we put on the football field, and she was crying the whole time, and it just killed me. So of course I started crying. I was doing my best to keep it in, but it was probably pretty obvious to everyone around. And yeah, no, it was, it was, it was, it was special, It was it was awesome. One of one of our best friends got to get up and do a speech, so so that was really heartfelt and meaningful and fun and man, yeah, it's you can't help it.
Speaker 6: The emotions just they just overwhelmed you. Yeah, It is so proud of that little girl.
Speaker 2: Hard to believe, isn't it. Yeah, all those mornings and all the you know, bringing them home from the hospital on not knowing how to do anything, and then now they're graduating from high school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the little videos of the photo montages that Nikki posted that I didn't need to see those beforehand.
Speaker 6: That kind of put me on edge.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, you see her walking and her crying with all her friends.
Speaker 6: It's just, oh, yanks.
Speaker 2: Your heart right out. It does. Yeah, it's a wonderful gradulation.
Speaker 5: So all the twenty twenty six graduates everywhere, not just on the congratulations to you all and.
Speaker 2: All the parents, well done, you got them through. That's fantastic. And all the teachers, thank you for another year of doing what you do. And I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 4: Crazy, how are we to the class at twenty six? I graduated twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: I graduated before everybody was born except for when were you born? Seventy seven? Yeah, so no you yeah, yeah, I graduated in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 6: Yeah I was seven years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, ninety.
Speaker 6: Oh, I can't believe I graduated twenty five years ago. I'd just done that.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you graduated either.
Speaker 6: I barely won.
Speaker 5: I won.
Speaker 4: I showed up for one day of summer school, and the ladies like, you're the one who showed up.
Speaker 6: You're fine, you can go home.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's because you were at New Horizon.
Speaker 4: Genius.
Speaker 6: You're a funny Say.
Speaker 2: Thanks, I'm not. I don't have anybody over there going.
Speaker 8: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: Who's what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: What? What? There's a Christmas movie where a guy sounds like that?
Speaker 6: What am I thinking of?
Speaker 2: The Santa Claus, the Grinch?
Speaker 4: No jingle all the way.
Speaker 6: I can't think of it.
Speaker 4: But somebody sounds like The Exorcist.
Speaker 6: Yes, great Christmas movie?
Speaker 4: All or Express, Yes, yeah, yeah, that's a good film. Animation test me, yeah that.
Speaker 2: Good poll man?
Speaker 6: Did they like?
Speaker 2: I don't know the animation.
Speaker 6: The animation sucks.
Speaker 2: Mm fetti wop.
Speaker 6: Oh hell yeah?
Speaker 4: Years perked up. That's it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He is showing support for a Florida principle who may be out of her job after lyrics to a song trap Queen All appeared in the school's yearbook. The Saint John's County School District put trout Creek Academy principal Katie O'Connell on leave of the line everybody, Hayden, we just call them fans.
Speaker 6: Though, that's a great line.
Speaker 2: Fetty WAPs publicist. Does he sent flowers to O'Connell since Harry about the incident. She denies putting it in the yearbook, but she was torking, God, we're on the stage.
Speaker 6: We're too set.
Speaker 4: There's literally nothing wrong with that one.
Speaker 2: I would agree.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of lyrics that I could see they're getting upset in that time, but that's not one of them.
Speaker 4: Is he still in the joint? Now?
Speaker 2: How dare you?
Speaker 4: He was?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: And I mean when he was lawyer.
Speaker 10: They proved the right because clearly everybody is still hating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're hating over there now.
Speaker 2: No, he was in jail, don't you talk like that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Max? So he was in jail. Yeah, he was tax obation. You can't prove that, Yes, I can. I can google it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just believe everything in your computer.
Speaker 4: What he's saying is you can't prove.
Speaker 2: That's true anything.
Speaker 4: Yes, the state of California proved it. Six years in federal prison for his involvement in a major bicoastal drug trafficking. We don't have to bring a sexual audience.
Speaker 2: Only thing you could prove that you need to brush your teeth.
Speaker 6: I did well.
Speaker 2: The thing you could.
Speaker 6: Prove if they make giant hats.
Speaker 2: Only thing you could prove it not everybody gunn die alone. I hope that I thought I was for a while.
Speaker 6: You return, keep going, please.
Speaker 10: I think you actually should have been in the court with Betty.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't have did anything. He would have gotten lost. Acquit him, quit him, acquit him.
Speaker 2: I can't acquit you.
Speaker 4: You watched too much Just whoa what you said that they were?
Speaker 6: You watched too much judge videos?
Speaker 4: Are those?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Come on, judge booty he's winking? So you got that virus at your computer?
Speaker 2: I keep calling taxi cabs taking places, hoping to get the right one.
Speaker 6: You want to take some dragon?
Speaker 2: You got that right? Mm hmm, straight up?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: The popular Canal Park in Duluth.
Speaker 6: Oh, what happened that was the star?
Speaker 2: What happened to you at the canal part?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, great time is gonna be broadcasting there pretty soon? Hell yeah, I just did the spot for it to day, And I remember when.
Speaker 4: It is it's I think it's two weeks from June. Grandma's weekend, right so or something?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What Grandma June?
Speaker 2: Uh? The oh Mama June.
Speaker 6: Yeah would yeah.
Speaker 2: When she's some reality TV.
Speaker 4: Start sure, bo boom, that's right, bo boom.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Starts of Viewing reports, Yes.
Speaker 6: He would, of course he would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's famous for the third time today. Isn't honey Boo Boo a child?
Speaker 6: No? I said her. No, her mom talked about the mom and honey Boob's got to be like thirty.
Speaker 2: Yes, she can't be anymore.
Speaker 4: Twenty today.
Speaker 6: She's twenty now. The mom, well, you need help?
Speaker 4: You want to say?
Speaker 2: That's a lot?
Speaker 6: He was, Yes, he was.
Speaker 2: You got the reference.
Speaker 11: I stopped myself, threw that in part quickly quick, My god, you have necka slam on.
Speaker 12: The groceries are in the front seat, your phones in the back seat.
Speaker 2: Ye you you ain't getting your stuff.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 2: The Missle Search Media reports the US Army Corps of Engineers opened a three million dollar shoreline project near the Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center. Have you guys seen the ship? I was there last year when they were doing it. It's gonna be awesome. The work is meant to protect about two hundred feet of shoreline by the canal's north pier from erosion. The project also added wider paved paths, new grass areas, and displays of maritime history. Orange fencing will stay around the new side and trees for the next two months. But it looks like it's finally open. I saw when they were building it. I'm excited to see this stuff.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm fascinated by Lake Superior. I could stand there all day and watch those big boats come in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I pretty sweet. Yep.
Speaker 2: But so this is cool. Let's go to uh, let's go to Dilute in two weeks. Everybody, Yeah there, all right, let's do it. It wasn't a direct order.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, you don't have to go.
Speaker 2: I'd like to.
Speaker 6: This isn't Russia.
Speaker 2: Got you got them, Thank you. New study highlights how the brain works to master certain skills that suggest real multitasking as possible. Scientists at Georgetown say there's a way to remodel your brain architecture and you use other parts of your brain to enable multitasking. Scientists use driving as an example, which they say requires full attention at first, but then after it's a it's been mastered. People can talk and listen to music without needing full attention to driving. I always find that fascinating, Like you drive one hundred miles and don't remember a moment. Yeah you didn't kill anybody, you think as far as you remember, Yeah right yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Findings have implications for critical real world scenarios, like when a radiologist can accurately classify masses on an X ray has been nine or malignant fairly automatically. I don't see the convention there, but anyway.
Speaker 5: Well, anyone has to do is come back and watch you work hard.
Speaker 2: I see somebody. I always tell people, man, you know, they gave me pills to calm me down, But my ADHD is the reason I have a career, you know what I mean? Yeah, when I only have one thing to do, I am bored, and you know what happens. I'm board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me start Hamler what Teris was talking about.
Speaker 10: You know that's interesting though, because I swear that studies always said, for I feel like my whole life, I always read studies that said that, uh, multitasking isn't real, Like you can't do it like I always Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: That's something you know what's weird about I was founded that theory, and you know, what do I know about anything? But to be so weird because like last night, I was watching Tales from the Tour Bus again because I watched like, great show, so good. It's a cartoon about old country music and old by my judge from but it's fantastic half hour episodes. Buy it on Apple TV and watch it. Every episode is great. The one about Johnny Paycheck though, Yeah, Johnny Pacheck was a genius who was a hillbilly moron, right, but he was also a genius. And to see him singing and playing bass at the same time, how is that not multitasking? Singing and playing bass at the same time. Like you can tell he's not looking at his fingers watching the bass guitar strings. He's doing it automatically while he's singing the line and entertaining people. That's multitasking, isn't it? By definition?
Speaker 6: Who's the guy hawk that does the music YouTube? Is it?
Speaker 1: Rick rip cull O, Gosh, one of the greatest to ever do the anchor game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, take a deep breath.
Speaker 4: I was great okay, but what happened to him.
Speaker 1: Started bringing the news rich and then uh the Florida Keys and is that hasn't been heard since.
Speaker 4: Uh, but the ritt fiato guy. Whatever that guy's got, he does. He has a similar bit where he talks to Geddy Lee about.
Speaker 2: That dude, did you watch that?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's unbelievable how good of a bass player he is. But he said, he basically just starts doing this rift to warm up and then he starts talking. And that's how he taught himself how to sing and play bass because he's also doing fifteen different things. He's the definition of multitask.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 4: He also is the rhythm well not rhythm guy, but yeah, isn't he the rhythm There's.
Speaker 2: Only one guitar player? So when when dude starts talking, So yeah, he's got to be He's got to fill up a lot of space. Do you know that he used to play the keyboards with his foot while he's playing bass with his singing at the same time.
Speaker 6: Incredible.
Speaker 2: He had had pedals on the floor and the pedals, you know, it wasn't like a regular keyboard, but like if you wanted to a g a keyboard sign of them. He would step on this pedal while playing bass and singing at the same time. Incredible. Yeah, yeah, it's and I'm amazing. I'mbelieving people's brains are cool hours. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: But you play, you play guitar and sing, I do uh hawk, that's multitasking, is that not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's hard though. I pissed myself a lot. I guess that's three things on once.
Speaker 6: Why are you pissing yourself?
Speaker 2: He was so nervous.
Speaker 4: I have to have multiple copies of his set list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you wouldn't.
Speaker 6: You just piss right ahole over it? Oh my god, I did.
Speaker 2: I got weird thick of the songs. All right, this is the power trip that you can tell. It's sevent twenty two. We'll come back in election talk sports because there's a lot going on. We have a lot more vikings out of you to get you. Marnie, if she's still with us, is coming in to play the initials game?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think yeah, yeah, I think she do seven thirty one for a days because you know she is to have her beauty sleep.
Speaker 4: Wow, and I would just have that was a late game for the Twins because oh yeah, oh yah.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot going on. Mark Ferris is here. Bye, thanks for our friends at Saint Cloud State University. Congratulations and all reality. Buddy, Congratulations. Hey, it's Chris Hockey The Power Trip Morning Show. It's a big old country out there and you want to see it. Did you know that Jefferson Lines has been your number?
Speaker 4: It is official.
Speaker 1: The Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday bashes on at Treasure Island November fifth and sixth. Friday's show is open to everyone, with the Initials game and a trip.
Speaker 4: To Vegas up for grabs.
Speaker 1: Thursday's comedy show featuring Kelsey Cook, Chad Daniels, Say Hominson and Tommy Ryman is now full, but you can join the wait list now at Cafe and dot com slash two five.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks buddy, Here we are. It's the Powers of Morning Show and uh Initials a little under an hour from now. Huge bass guitar going on the of the room over there.
Speaker 6: Enormous this so loves the song.
Speaker 2: Tommy, Tommy does Yeah, Tommy Olsen, he loves He's Rises number one fan.
Speaker 6: Hot ass. Randy loves Rise to.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, guys. I thought about recutting these songs, but it would be like rewriting the Bible. I mean, yeah, yeah, that's the remix. There in the studio, somebody named Mark Rose and we didn't know who he was, showed up as we were recording the song just yelled the beat fever and I was like, he's got it.
Speaker 6: That's the sports it is.
Speaker 2: He's got it.
Speaker 6: Well leave that in, leave that in now.
Speaker 2: Please escort him out of here and tell him to leave the ladies alone.
Speaker 4: Marnie's in the law. Oh did they fire?
Speaker 2: I can't get in?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Maxell's going together.
Speaker 2: You just asked, did they fark her?
Speaker 6: Fire her? You're a hockey?
Speaker 2: Got me there?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Well play.
Speaker 2: Would you like to do sports?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'd love to.
Speaker 2: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by we'll say Saint let's say University. I'm bringing you Mark Parish as well.
Speaker 4: The Vegas Knights Mark Parrish had a two to zero lead after two periods, but the Hurricanes scored three straight the third, but with about a minute and a half something left, the Vegas Knights Mark Stone scored tie and send it dot, but there was a power playing ot when the Hurricanes got the win. That's their eighth straight playoff overtime win and they are now the series is now one one with it going back to Las Vegas tomorrow at seven pm, which you can hear on this station.
Speaker 6: Games three four are in First Vegas.
Speaker 5: First of all, go Huskies. Yeah, what an enormous win for Carolina. You go down two at home in the playoffs against Las Vegas, and I don't think the series would have lasted too long, but they came back, held on, got that power play and finish it off in OHT. But they really showed kind of what they were made of their character by coming back from Vegas.
Speaker 4: Vegas with a.
Speaker 5: Two goal lead in the third period has been an absolute guaranteed win the entire playoffs. Carolina finds a way to come back and then it gets a little bit of adversity. Obviously going into overtime, game could have gone either way, but many they take advantage of that power play and it's a whole new series. Now it's just a best of five. Uh and uh yeah, we'll see how it goes for him now. But that was like you guys are talking about with San Antonio having to win Game two. That was a must win for Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean zach O, Yeah, I mean that they can't go down to nothing after and go to Vegas and expect to turn this thing around. And again, Carter Hart played about as good as he could have played. Vegas played really, really well for the most part, almost had them, but the Hurricanes just would not go away. Got a fortunate bounce in that first goal, but they certainly earned that. And then to have that back and forth and Vegas scores that that six on five goal, four US overtime, and now we have a whole new hockey game. But yeah, I mean, it's it's it's if this is what hockey's all about. Man Paris, I don't know how much. I mean, were't able to watch too much last night, but it's worth revisiting an NHL network or whatever. It's a This is a heavyweight series, very fun and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we get seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was the series we were all hoping and expecting. Honestly, punch for punch with both of these teams are two spectacular hockey teams. Either one of them are Stanley Cup champion caliber.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, it's crazy, isn't it? Like as much as I hate to admit it, both the basketball and the NHL championships are like, people are excited having fun watching these series, love it.
Speaker 9: Why do you hate to admit that?
Speaker 2: Football? Yeah, harm on.
Speaker 1: Which is funny because I mean I love football, don't get me wrong. But as far as the championships go, among all the major sports, football is arguably the worst.
Speaker 2: Because it's it's a it's one game.
Speaker 4: It's on a Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 1: You're probably at a party with where most people are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't, I don't care.
Speaker 4: I mean the NFC and AFC championships can be elite. Absolutely, that's cold. You're eating a lot of food and two games. Football is better than a Twins game. Wearing a Twins Twins game, I know, I'm I'm a fraud.
Speaker 9: I mean, last night was not super fun.
Speaker 6: No, how long was the weather delay?
Speaker 9: An hour and six or an hour and seven?
Speaker 4: Not that it must.
Speaker 2: Have rained everywhere, but right, I can't believe it. We didn't get any.
Speaker 6: Not a drop, not a drop. It was dry there.
Speaker 1: I was in downtown Minneapolis last night and uh, the rain delay started for the Twins, and it was completely dry where I was, so it was very did rain eventually.
Speaker 13: Like the rain delays, brother started before the rain because it was at the half inning. Well, it was about to start, and they didn't want us get everybody on the field and then have to race to the tarp and have people slipping and sliding, you know, zact.
Speaker 9: They were being proactive.
Speaker 13: I mean it maybe rained started sprinkling within five minutes and then actually raining.
Speaker 9: Don't do it. If you play that button, I'm going to come through that glass.
Speaker 4: Whoa man?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Geez, ma'am, hold I got it here, hang on one of us. The Links beat the Valkyrie seven eighty four. Olivia Miles, the best rookie in the league, had twenty eight points in the win. She also had eight three pointers, which is a rookie record in the WNBA.
Speaker 9: How about it?
Speaker 2: Incredible she had.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at her box score right now, also box score.
Speaker 2: Oh, can I as your question for rebounds?
Speaker 9: And then probably not? Probably not?
Speaker 4: No, no, she advise, lawyer whatever would tell you to stop talking.
Speaker 6: Go for it.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you a real question. Yeah, but I can't look at you anymore. Is this It is a dumb question. Probably is this unexpected? Because like it wasn't like she came out of Iowa. Every person in America knew her name, you know what I mean, right.
Speaker 4: When they traded down right.
Speaker 6: From the Chicago trade.
Speaker 13: But that from the Angel Reese trade, we did not maybe, I mean we had that number two pick the links it and drafted Olivia Miles. I do remember on draft night though a lot of people saying, like Olivia Miles, like how about Lauren Betts, like names, like names people had heard of. So Olivia Miles out of TCU. Yes, a lot of people had not heard of. However, as we're we are seeing apparently the Link scouting department knows what it's doing.
Speaker 4: They had the goggles on.
Speaker 9: To the respects all cleared up. She's been fun, phenomenal.
Speaker 6: She's got flair man, she's out. She's so good.
Speaker 2: It is crazy. You just expect that somebody that good would be like, you know, here she comes, she got change to the wn B A and then suddenly we've got her and she's dominating.
Speaker 13: Crazy dominating for a rookie, that is incredible. She was a plus fourteen last night in a three point game.
Speaker 9: That is hard to do yet and the Links are number one in the league.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: There's plus minus.
Speaker 13: Plus minus is anytime you're on the court. If your team scores, you get plus those points. If the other team scores you gets mine, you get minus. Come on pair, No, okay, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so I talked about it.
Speaker 2: Hockey.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 13: It is not a perfect step, but every player has a plus minus. That means Olivia Miles, who played, who played twenty eight minutes, last minutes last night? The Links outscored the Valkyries by fourteen points while she was on the court.
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 9: We only won the game by three. So generally.
Speaker 13: The plus minuses are kind of reflective of the score. They're usually the scores close, so are the plus minuses.
Speaker 4: Perry Yes, Red Wings captain and star center Dylan Larkin has requested a trade. He had thirty four goals this past season, which I'm pretty sure is more than every center of the Wild had played for him combined.
Speaker 6: I've never heard of him until yesterday.
Speaker 5: Your thoughts, yes, please, is this a I mean, this would be this would be an amazing pickup by Billy Garrett. I know, Sauce, you and I were talking about Austin Matthews from Toronto. Both obviously Olympic gold medals for the US team here this year. Both great centerman. Dylan Larkin is an amazing leader. He's been a captain since he was like nineteen years old in Detroit. He brings a ton of passion, a ton of speed, He's good on face offs. He is one of the few absolute legit number one centerments and if we could get him in here, that's the biggest key we're missing right now, is a number one sentiment. All the other boxes are checked by Billy Garrant. That would be an amazing pickup and he would not be as expensive as Austin Matthews.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, his comments at the end of the year were very much like he's going to stay in De Trode, wants to win a Stanley Cup there. And then obviously a whole different message now coming out requesting a trade. Would that indicate to you that he maybe he's had some conversations with some people and has an idea of where he wants to go already.
Speaker 5: There's well, he's got a no trade correct, correct, Yeah, okay, yeah, that would make it make me believe. So obviously, when when you when you've got a no trade, you've got a lot to say or if not all to say on where you're going to go. So you would think he's got a place once circled big time in mind or another one or maybe one or two coo, and I would think that, I mean, Minnesota right now is a place where a guy like him, Matthews a number one center's may like, you know what they need, they need me and if you can make that one move and you've got a much better chance winning a Stanley Cup here in Minnesota than you do at Detroit. They're still rebuilding. They feel like I feel like they've been rebuilding since Zetterberg retired however many years ago. Uh yeah, this is a this is a hotspot now for free agents. Billy Garrean has done a great job building this program, this organization into a spot where where we can look at and they know it's just we're one guy away from making an absolute legit run in the toughest division in the NHL.
Speaker 4: The Detroit Free Press article basically says he is Matthew Stafford sitting rome where he doesn't want to be with a losing organization for his whole career.
Speaker 5: Nobody does, nobody does, loves Detroit very uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: And your website, uh saw Chris Hockey dot com browsers, Uh correct, all correct? Also Kelsey, Yeah, wild seventy chance trading right now that.
Speaker 6: Let's go dot com the best man.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 6: Serious.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're saying there is a seventy five percent chance wild.
Speaker 4: People are trading at right now.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's where he'll go. Yeah, kel she's a great website. Kel dot com.
Speaker 9: Well, can you trade anything?
Speaker 4: You can trade anything anything anything, World which I said two days ago, starts yesterday. It doesn't. It starts next week. That's how Jack di am for the World Cup. For you, it certed yesterday. For me, it's started years ago. Yeah, they got a doo be right, Pat, let's see here that.
Speaker 2: Time from breakdown, we got to come back and.
Speaker 6: Talk to some great song.
Speaker 2: I really need you to tell me something. Are those gentlemen over there from Coverns?
Speaker 4: Are you from Coburn's No they're not, but Coburn's Whales.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I got something. I was just looking through my junk mail, and the gentleman from Coburn's brought us some treats and he's been downstairs for about an now.
Speaker 5: That I got him, I got Kevin, Kevin, I take care of the mast. I brought the I brought the donuts up junk mail.
Speaker 6: Kevin works at the one by us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the peon is Kevin downstairs wal.
Speaker 4: You know he he passed him right off to me and headed out.
Speaker 6: He must try to go to he passed away.
Speaker 2: He handed me the donuts and just fell over that. You know, he died doing what he loves, giving us donuts.
Speaker 4: He went off to donuts.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, Kevin. I went to my junk mail. I got to give you my cell phone. I love Coburn's. I used to do the commercial you know who burns That was me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, great spot, he's probably listening.
Speaker 4: Just give him your cell phone right now.
Speaker 2: Oh go ahead, it's four my numbers four from hoping out on Dreams. I'm gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 4: Leave Kevin.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. The dreamail went into my in the strange bed in my drunk file with you. That's the best donut I've had in a very long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is the best.
Speaker 2: I spilled it with Mark Parrish and I credit as soon as I gave it to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 6: That is the best one to end the long time.
Speaker 2: Marns Well.
Speaker 13: I tried to grab one, but I saw no napkins, no plates, and so.
Speaker 6: Manny's God, will somebody please chew this and give it to me? Grass?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I big hawkhead, perish baby bird the rest of his doughnut back, and.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to.
Speaker 6: Real quick.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Slayer day, I'll tell you about that. Two tickets for sixty six dollars and sixty six cents tomorrow to catch Thrash Metal Legends Slayer September fourth at Mystic Lake Amphitheater, Blood Security tickets. Today they have the as they celebrate the fortieth anniversary of Rain and Blood with the album plate in its entirety full Infoy Cafe dot com slash calendar.
Speaker 2: It's a play on words mars rain and blood, as in a rain over you or raining blood.
Speaker 13: Okay, sounds like it's probably loud.
Speaker 6: Do you have any in the system of haunk? I sure do.
Speaker 2: You can't hear it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Marnie, what's your tube.
Speaker 9: Who are you now allowed to play your music again?
Speaker 2: Huh uh?
Speaker 6: That song by nobody?
Speaker 2: He doesn't get pinged by YouTube. They don't care.
Speaker 13: Have you been playing some rocket club and play something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just we'll find rebellious.
Speaker 4: I'm fighting the battle. That's fine. I'm pissed.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm willing to burn this whole damn YouTube thing down if I have to. But we should be able to play the damn music from the guy who's actually playing.
Speaker 4: Who's singing?
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna you're damned again.
Speaker 4: I'm so damned right now.
Speaker 2: You'll be damned. Oh yeah, anyway, good, this is what I mean. Good donuts, Thank you. It is time for some bakings news. And let me tell you guys, right now there are good things a foot time. Yes. R Drip presented by Ranco Truck pro Story.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Some more audio and marns. I don't know if you've got a chance to listen this morning. Make sure I was drinking late last night.
Speaker 6: Thanks for noticing my truck this morning.
Speaker 2: I love your truck. Truck, big truck. You drive, big big truck you drive, You drive big F three fifty Yeah, sure you sure do.
Speaker 3: With Diesel then Diesel Yeah, and shackle shack o.
Speaker 2: It's as Iris, Mark Parrish, yes, Marty Gallerner. Yeah, I know you guys probably weren't listening early. Uh so I played adios. I've already played before. But uh, yesterday ko at ot as I was talking about the quarterback room. You know, there are people had other questions, well, but the thing most people wanted to hear the most about was how are they getting along? Because we had heard a lot of about some of the comments that JJ had said and they kind of rubbed people the wrong way. And Kao was asked about that, and here's what he said.
Speaker 7: Kao actually matters is what I care about. You know, did we take the right footwork on a play? You know, did we have our eyes on the right spot. Did we make a protection call against one of flows blitz looks? Did we do our jobs to manufacture the starting point and potential path to success for the offense?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 7: And there's enough that goes into that that I don't have a ton of space left over for who says what and how they say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't blame him, I mean, you know I do. Uh, I'm one who seed the floor to saw the momentarily talk a little bit more about what dot com Tom said history and his thoughts on whether or not JJ will be traded or not. We can that lit a fire for everybody. People were writing about the the Tom Pelcero comments on the Patrick Morren Show all day yesterday. But before I do that, a couple more things I ko on JJ Max and his reaction to Kyler being in Minnesota biking.
Speaker 7: He's handled it really well. You know, he's been great in the media rooms. I'm spending a little bit more time with those guys and and and just the dialogue between the group. Obviously, the great questions you get from those guys is we're going through the installation process and you know, we have really guys that are all at different stages of not only their career, but they're understanding and application of of our offense. So there's many there's many times where Kyler may have a question that you know, mirrored a question that JJ had during his uh, you know, year on the grass last year and playing, and there's dialogue that comes. There's been tweaks to the offense that we've made off of some of those conversations in dialogue. But he's been he's been great in the meeting room, he's been great on the grass and as always he's you know, uh, you know, as a former, as a as a captain and a guy that helps lead our team, he's been he's been phenomenal there as well.
Speaker 2: This is why I see the forty because you think something happened right there at the end of that. In fact, you just went like this, You went.
Speaker 10: I thought you were doing any sure in here?
Speaker 2: I WASNA. I'm tell me why you went ooh there?
Speaker 4: I think I think that's a weird thing to say. A former captain is a weird thing to say. Now, he may have just made a mistake. He did correct himself, but I mean it might be in the back of his mind. People who know more about it than I do. We may be overreacting and as a lot of people have said, we're looking for any way to talk football. If this stuff had been in if he if this this exact same thing with Kyler and JJ had been during training camp and there's forty at not forty, but there's every other team is involved in practicing, and there's games going on. I don't think this would have blown up like it did. It happened to be when all we want to do is talk football with kind of the dog days of baseball and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Right, So I think it's a little overblown.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling you, I think they didn't realize how they knew Kyler Murray was good. But I think they've realized how good Kyler Murray can be in this offense, and they are slowly landing this. Like Tom said yesterday on this being a competition, wow, oh thanks Beewie.
Speaker 6: That's my opinion.
Speaker 4: And I think what Tom Pellisero said yesterday is he doesn't just bring up that they might look to trade him if he's just he doesn't make things up, right, He's either been told or he's been given a pretty good hint on it. I think what they want to do is they want Jade or Kyler to be the number one and Carson Wentz to be the backup. And I don't think they're going to keep JJ McCarthy around, especially like Tom said yesterday, if they could get something for him this year rather than next.
Speaker 2: Year, because that's the key right there, Marty. He's got two years, right, so you want to do it now. If you're going to do it because there's a maximum amount of return on the deal.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that's smart to move him.
Speaker 4: Now, and it's smart to move him now with teams that may not be within striking distance or don't have him. We've seen that Browns and all these other teams load up on first round picks to be able to move their way around the draft board. Next year, they're going to try and find a team like Pittsburgh, maybe the Chargers, and he can go back Cleveland, he can go back with Harbaugh all that. Right, So Cleveland's loaded with draft picks. I think they're in the arch Manning bit. But yeah, I think that they're going to move him, would be my guess.
Speaker 2: Hey Mark, yes, sir in hockey, Yeah, there could be a kid coming in at eighteen nineteen years old, right, yep. You ever see a prospect who everybody says as a slam don't come in and you just you talk to him and you're like, this kids, great skills, but just maybe mentally isn't quite ready there because he's still such a kid. Yeah, did that happen a lot?
Speaker 4: Immaturity?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, just some maturity comes alonger, do you hear it a lot where we'll say all the tools, no toolbox, and sometimes sometimes they get that they put that toolbox together, and sometimes they can't. You know, just in hockey is a little bit different because it is the draft war on projection. Right you're drafting a kid at eight team where they're not coming out of college and expecting to play pro right away. You might not expect your kid in your lineup for a few years, right, so you're going to go on projection, maybe go with a little bit more skill. But there's certainly they love hearing about guys that are you know, we'll hear them say they're ready for the pros, they're ready for the NHL because of the way they prepare, because of their work in the off season. They're hard work off the ice, and their leadership and how smart in their hockey sense really comes through previous to whether it's in college or whether it's it's in the major junior leagues. But yeah, I mean there's swings and misses all the time, and there's home runs that you don't expect.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because specifically in football, you don't get a second chance if you're you know, if it's twenty two years old. Yeah, you've had a chance. They're done with you. I guess I shouldn't say that because look who just won the Super Bowl last year?
Speaker 4: Morning, right.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes you do get a second chance, but it don't happen very often.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 2: They're tough to come by. They could write you off.
Speaker 9: You talk about Sam Darnold.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, I don't know a lot of questions to still be answered.
Speaker 2: Damn right, yeah, well said.
Speaker 4: I think the other thing is is they don't want this distraction in training camp because, as Tom said yesterday, eventually you're gonna have to have the guy get all the one. As you know, Perry, you played pro sports. Eventually the starters have to be the guys, and the guys if it was a battle in training camp, you got to take a back seat.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: I just don't I'm not saying he's a huge distraction and a liability. I just think they don't want to have to answer that every week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the part that can be distracting as much. Maybe not the relationship between the quarterbacks or how one quarterback's acting or anything like that. It could just be they don't want to deal with the controversy. Everybody talking about the controversy eventually will affect the guys. It will affect you know, their their their participation, whether it's in practice or during a game or what it might not be. But most of the time, the teams is just like, no, this is our squad. We're just gonna run with this. Let's get the season going so we can get rid of all those distractions.
Speaker 2: Coach says. It will be a competition.
Speaker 7: It's a competition. These guys are working every day. They know that. But the greater good of the Minnesota Vikings and our team ceiling is the is the most important thing that's clear to both of those guys.
Speaker 2: Amen, Yes, who's the best quarterback?
Speaker 6: That's correct.
Speaker 5: You know somebody's got to come up. Somebody's gonna step up, and the other one's gonna have to deal with it.
Speaker 6: Eventually. They just aren't gonna split reps anymore.
Speaker 4: No, that's the thing.
Speaker 6: And we're about a month and a half.
Speaker 4: Just like goalies, well, said Martins, Well.
Speaker 9: It is that's fair to say. It's a competition. It might be a real quick competition. It might already be over.
Speaker 13: But when you bring in Kyler Murray, and you haven't seen JJ McCarthy much because he.
Speaker 2: Has been injured and what you have seen.
Speaker 4: Right, But.
Speaker 13: It is a competition, and it is totally fair and accurate to say that and let that work out.
Speaker 9: And you might only need a couple of weeks. They might only need a.
Speaker 13: Couple of practices to say, we thought it was going to be Kyler Murray number one, j J McCarthy number two. That's what we thought, and we are clearly seeing that competition is over.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 9: Let's let's move on.
Speaker 13: When you know you have the answer, let's move on, and let's make whatever move is the right one. But let's let's figure that out, and let's probably move on because look at we just spent a segment talking about this, and it might not even be a talker. It might be a clear separation and the rest of the team and coaches might be so sick of that being topic number one all the time. Yep, that might be another reason to move on, and they might.
Speaker 9: Want to crack one right now.
Speaker 13: How about a strawberry lemonade and vodcast?
Speaker 2: Those were on top of my house last night, Martin, literally on top. I was trying to be cool. Well, that'd be it'd be crazy if I had to have of surf cit house.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: The best the hot days s side is because you got no bubbles.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt about that. He's right, though, he's right, is he?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I'm sure yea hockey yeah Thursday.
Speaker 2: Now, well listen, man, you know things gotta get taken care of.
Speaker 6: Bang the drum.
Speaker 2: You don't be walking around here with crazy eyes. No, I don't mean the character from that.
Speaker 6: She was.
Speaker 2: Why do you keep bring her in here?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: She would though, I would.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like our man's dnsis coming right up.
Speaker 4: The Twin Cities knows how to come together for our neighbors, for our