Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason that Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morono Casino Dodgers on Deck on this beautiful Saturday night, April eleventh, twenty twenty six, as you're back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers ten and three on the season play host to the Texas Rangers. As last night, the Dodgers got a great performance from Maximunsei at the plate. Emmitt Sheian on the mound Tonight, Game two of this three game series. First pitch from Uniclo Field, the Dodger Stadium is coming up at six ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Moranggo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about twenty minutes. David Vassego's one on one with Alex Frielan that's coming up in forty five minutes. Of course, we'll get your Dodgers magical moment. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner, We'll visit with Kirsen Watson from Sports in at LA and it's just a few minutes. We'll head over to the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth with Tim Nevertt and Rick monday Well. Last night in the series opener, Tyler glass Now was good enough for the win, but it took a ninth inning blast for Monsey to get that win. Tyler Glass Now got to start, the big right hander, navigating through six innings of work, gave up four runs on five hits, struck out seven along the way. Glass Now got some early run support in the second, Max Munsey solo home run Dodgers up one to nothing and the third, though that lead was gone when former Dodger Corey Seeger clubbed a three run home run to the left and the Rangers took a three to one lead in the fourth Through the just got one of those runs back on Max Munsey's second home run of the day, Dodgers down three to two. That home run by the way number two hundred and twelve as a Dodger for Monsey, passing Steve Garvey for third for all time on the Dodgers' home run list. Fast forward to the sixth inning, Dodgers down four to three. They got some traffic on the bases for Andy Pajes try.
Speaker 2: To see it, towing the rubber on the first base side, presses the glove against his right hip as he looks in listens for the sign. Now checks. The runners come set three to two, swung on ground ball right field down the lineup base. Yet there comes months here around third to tie the game. They Oscar Hernandezo's gonna get waved around?
Speaker 7: Is the ball rattled in the right field cutter and the Dodgers have the lead five.
Speaker 1: To four On a double by Andy Pies.
Speaker 4: Andy pot has two run double down the right field line. Dodgers up five to four. Stay hot. Andy po has two inings later in the eighth a two run home run Dodgers a seven to four lead. Paz three for four a home run four. Ribby's now about a four forty.
Speaker 5: Nine on this season.
Speaker 4: With a three run lead, alex Vessia ten or Scott each Peach scoreless ending of relief. The ninth though, belonged to Edwin Diaz to close it out and he couldn't. A two run home run and an RBI single three run scored by the Texas Rangers, and they tied the game at seven. So the bottom of the ninth we went Dodgers to the little late any magic.
Speaker 5: Two outs for Max Monsey.
Speaker 2: At part of this season intended bats against left handed pitching. Months he hitting four hundred. Here's the old two the swings hits, a high drive to right failed, it's going.
Speaker 6: Back, it is gone.
Speaker 8: A walk up Twitter, Max Monsey with two outs, him up pottle of the ninth, Maxwell swinging the silver Hammer his second career three home run game.
Speaker 2: Amma, Dodgers victorious tonight eight to seven.
Speaker 6: Ho ho, my goodness, what a shot by Months.
Speaker 2: Four, one hundred and one feet into the pavilion in right field.
Speaker 4: Walk off home run for Max Monty. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less his third home run of the game, Dodgers with the walkoff win eight to seven, the Dodgers completing their six comfort behind win of the season, their first walk off win of this season. Edwin Diaz after the blown save, picks up the winning relief. Dodgers now ten and three on this season, the first team in baseball to reach double digit wins this year, and tonight they look to keep the winning going.
Speaker 5: With Emmitt Sheen on the.
Speaker 4: Mound, first pitch a six ten and with more we head over to the galloping Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Thanks Tim very much.
Speaker 2: Beautiful night for a ballgame here at Dodgers Stadium. Blue skies above the ballparks and white puffy clouds way off in the distance by the San Gabriel Mountains as we get sent for Game two of this three game series between the Dodgers and the Texas Rangers, and all the fans still buzzing today about the performances of not only Andy pie Has but especially Max Munsey. Monsely last night did something no other Major leaguer has ever done, and that is have five runs scored four hits in a game plus three home runs and the last home run be the game winning Wash.
Speaker 9: Had a good week in one night a conversation with someone early this afternoon as I was head of the ballpark. A good week indeed in one particular time, I think, especially if you put it into a perspective. I made a comment last night when Mounsey came, I said, he's getting closer and closer. Didn't realize he was this close because on the road trip he was just four hits in twenty three at bats. Well, he turned that around in a hurry. And this Dodger bull club the first major league team with ten victories. They've done it in all categories. Last night miss fire as far as Edwin Diaz, who gave up the go ahead runs in the top of the ninth inning, But the Dodgers rebounded and they're trying to get another victory and make it a level tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what happens, says Show Otani back at the top of the order. Forty four straight games on base for Otani dating back to last season. He now has the record for a Japanese born player, and he's climbing the Dodger list. He's moved into the top five there. But one thing about his season so far, granted it is early, this is an appropriate time to say it's early. He doesn't have an extra base hit at Dodger Stadium yet this year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a fasten your seatbelts because he'll have him. The other part, too, is we continue to talk to him about the fact the bottom third of the lineup is just continuing to get on base. Andy Potter has how many other teams have at number seven hitter, they have done what Andy pot has has been able to do so far this season. Another home run last night knocked in four of the Dodgers' eight runs. So it was the Munsie and Pohez show primarily last night. But the bottom part of the lineup gets on base, and when the top of the lineup it is beginning to. But when it really starts to run on all cylinders, watch out because a lot of other bullpens are going to get very heavily taxed.
Speaker 2: Interesting thing to think about. The Rangers have used the ABS system the fewest times in Major League Baseball thirteen times. They had an opportunity on a very close pitch with Pahz at the plate last night they didn't do it. The next pitch, he hits it down the right field line for a two run double and the score flips and the Dodgers take the lead and end up winning the game.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: How many times we talk about in spring training about the management of the challenges on calls? Who's going to be challenging? Is it going to be the catcher, Is it going to be the pitcher? How many times on hitters? I actually saw a video today where a hitter had asked for a challenge and the umpire didn't even notice it.
Speaker 2: It's different that for sure. We're seeing new things all the time. So the Dodgers ten and three of the first major league team to get the ten wins in the twenty twenty sixth season. They've got more home runs than any other team too, twenty five already on the season. That's five more than the next closest team, the Atlanta Braves. Dodgers trying to win the series. It'll be Jack Ler pitching for Texas against right hander Emmett Shian.
Speaker 4: Tim thank you guys as we count you down to first pitch on this Saturday, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running here on Moraco Casino Dodgers on Deck coming up. You're gonna hear from Alex Friedland. We're gonna hear the pregame thoughts of the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Veasse of course throughout the hour. Got your Otani rewind An Kirston Watson from Sports and at LA coming up, as well as Charlie Sider. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rangers on this Saturday.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at six'. Ten thanks for being with. Us Some Tim kates is the back to Back world Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network this Is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunt game on your home FOR La Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 4: Leading up To dodgers and The Texas rangers on This saturday at. Night image And Jack lighter the bitching. Matchup first pitch set for six.
Speaker 11: Ten this is The otani Ree why one, ball no strike Pitch otani in the right field up base Hit freelan's gonna round, second he's on his way to, third and The dodgers with one out half runners at the, corners and Show.
Speaker 2: Hey o'tani has reached base for the forty fourth consecutive. Game he has Tied hall Of Famer zach Weed man on The Dodger all time.
Speaker 4: List Show hey otanis tim never mentioned now forty four games ON ba streak and continuing maybe tonight we'll find. Out he also broke Each euro's record for the longest on base streak by A japanese born, player which was at forty three. Games he's also reached safely in each of his seven bubblehead nights At Dodgers, Stadium.
Speaker 5: Eachi ro he has.
Speaker 4: Passed Show Hey otani now tied for fifth all time on.
Speaker 5: The dodgers franchise history.
Speaker 1: List this Is kirston's corner With Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Man kirson now joins us live here At Dodgers stadium before The dodgers in The Texas Rangers game two of This three games that brought to you By cars For. Kids the easiest way to get ready your old. Car donate, today your car could be picked up. Tomorrow donate, Now carsfrokids Dot. Org that's cars with A. K last, Night, KRISTEN i don't know about. YOU i got tired just Watching Max munsey hit three home, runs including.
Speaker 5: The walk off last. Night what a.
Speaker 10: Night it was.
Speaker 12: INSANE i also thought, like how fitting you we have a bibblehead game? Yesterday It's Shoho. Tani's it's part of his greatest game ever in Which Shohyo tani had three home runs ten. Strikeouts that happened to be the three home run bibblehead and how fitting you, know you assume it's going to be The bobblehead guy.
Speaker 1: Show, hey But Max.
Speaker 13: Munsey was, like don't worry about, it, SHOW i got.
Speaker 5: YOU i liked his response to you on the field after the. Game i'm only ten, Strikeouts, yeah what he?
Speaker 10: Did it's.
Speaker 13: FINE i got. You don't you. WORRY i will take this one.
Speaker 12: Today but you know, what when you, saw first of, all every home run That Max mundy, hit it was a no, doubter like the contact was. Immediate it was you could just, see especially on the, road that things were getting so. Close he had the foul ball that was In toronto that essentially would have been a home. Run maybe if it was like five FEET i guess more to the. Left you, know he went to the right outside of the right foul, hole so it was five feet to the left would have been a home. Run so when you have a guy like him who's just he's BEEN i don't want to say, grinding because he's felt really good at the, plate just not getting the. Results so for him to have a day like yesterday and it was off right and off, left that was a huge. Sign and he just said he attributes a lot of the work he did in the off, season obviously having a healthy elbow now and that injury that was in twenty twenty. One obviously it's now five years, later but he finally feels like he is just back to the guy he was before that, injury and that seems to make all the.
Speaker 4: Difference image she and gets to start. Tonight he's one to zero after his first two. Stars but those first two starts haven't been, Great.
Speaker 11: No they.
Speaker 12: Haven't and it really when you look at the, numbers what's truly been the issue for him has been the walk because and really that first, inning or you could say the first two innings of work in which whether it's been the pitch coownt getting up the results being just not on his side giving up runs early in the. Game but he is someone who he came into this season and the issue he has shared that is leading to some of the velocity being down and the results has been more of a directional. Piece So Dave roberts shared that what's happening is When Emma chin is coming down the, mound he's opening up a little bit too. Much he's too east west instead of going just down the mound towards the batter and because of, that it's allowing for things to just be a little bit out of whack. Mechanically he did say though in his Last star or after his last start IN, dc that he felt like as the game went on he was able to be in a little bit more, rhythm get more. Insane he felt like his direction was a little bit, better but it's still a work in. Progress so the hope is that he can come into this one and get things going.
Speaker 13: Early that is a huge key for.
Speaker 12: Him Dave roberts is even, saying and you have a starting, pitcher if they can put up a zero to start the, game that can be a difference maker into what they can do navigating for the. Lineup he's obviously here some tough hitters we saw last night with The, rangers so you can get a good start and that can kind of be a big key for him in this.
Speaker 4: One last night there's six come from behind. Wind like to see the offense get going a little earlier than they have been in these.
Speaker 5: Games you know what it's.
Speaker 13: Happening, though it is. Happening so we're getting closer and.
Speaker 4: Closer we want to come out all, Right, Curres so we'll check you with you after the game still to. Come here On Rongo Casino dodgers On, deck will dive deeper into this pitching. Matchup David veasse goes one on one With Alex. Friedland but up next we get you an injury report and we check in with the manager, Himself Dave. Roberts it's The dodgers and The rangers on This saturday. Night first pitch is six. Ten I'm Tim kas's the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network this Is Marongo Casino dodgers On deck on your home for The Blue All Season.
Speaker 4: Law Marongo Casino dodgers On deck hit Teen. News as we lead up to first pitch on The Saturday Night dodgers and The Texas Rangers Marago Casino resort And spa A Grand slam four good times Image she And Jack lyder the pitching. Matchup first pitch coming up at six.
Speaker 1: Ten this IS The la Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 4: PRESENTED By, Ucla healthy official medical partner Of The Los. Angeles Dodgers mookie bets on the injured list with the. Oblique Injury tommy edmund starting the season off ON the il after offseason. Ankle Surgery blake snell updated on him coming Up With.
Speaker 5: David vasa he.
Speaker 4: Had shoulder fatigue during, the spring keeping him on the eel to starts.
Speaker 5: The season.
Speaker 4: Good News brock stewart training in the, Right Direction keiky hernandez on the SIXTY day il, Landing Net, Gavin Stone, Evan phillips bruce dar graderol all slowly working their way back from.
Speaker 5: Arm injuries let's.
Speaker 4: Head back downstairs and checking With the. Dodger skipper anything else.
Speaker 10: Question?
Speaker 14: For?
Speaker 10: Dave dave can you Just?
Speaker 5: Describe dave can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the Dugouts With, Dave ROBERTS.
Speaker 15: It's i think what we're looking for is just another. STEP forward i felt his last outing was was better, and uh, you know had a little extra time in between, the start and feel that the work in between em it feels really good. About it the pitching coaches feel good about it with the mechanic piece, of it and so his entire pitch seems in a. Good SPOT so i think as far as, you know the, first inning go out there and, you know you got some good hitters at, the TOP and i think just trying to, you know get through that first inning being, somewhat efficient and that first inning is always tough for a. Starting pitcher it's just kind of across the game and so but just to get that first zero up would be a.
Speaker 10: Big.
Speaker 15: BOOST chris i.
Speaker 1: Want you to be watching his velocity as it.
Speaker 15: Was through, another time you, KNOW obviously I mean i checked velocity essentially. Every, Pitch.
Speaker 10: Yeah I'll be i'll be.
Speaker 15: Watching It we'll i'll be. Watching it but but, it's like is it too much of. A concern, probably not just trying to, FOR me i think right now where, he's uh the hitters will tell us, the most, you know not the.
Speaker 4: Radar gun, all right there's A Manager dave roberts downstairs talking with the media just a few. Minutes ago when we continue Here On, Morocco casino Dodgers on deck Live From Dodgers dandy well check In with david Vat say so leads you up to First pitch Dodgers and rangers On this saturday. And night first Pitch Of uniclo field coming up at six y Ten Of tim kates is the back to back World Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Audio network.
Speaker 3: As we, were saying Yes Is Marongo casino Dodgers on deck on the official Home Of La.
Speaker 1: Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the dodgers And The texas rangers On this saturday Night image She And. Jack lighter the Pitching Matchup dodgers baseball brought to You By, el pato Born in la and made for your. Game Day al poto Brings authentic mexican, style, tomato sauces sauces and hot sauces right to. Your Table El poto gourmet and.
Speaker 1: A Can.
Speaker 3: Joining Tims on Dodgers, ON deck i accept everybody for who.
Speaker 1: They are This is Dodger Insider. David basse, All Right.
Speaker 4: David blake snell started the year on the, injured list but we got an update on the big.
Speaker 1: Left.
Speaker 6: Hander YEAH as i reported, Last Week blake snell threw his FIRST live bp. Earlier today he's gonna throw another one, next Week either Wednesday. Or thursday but today was. A success He Faced alex Call And. Tommy edmand it was, fifteen pitches but that's usually what pitchers do two weeks into, spring training and that's basically the six week Process that snell is. Currently inaring Here's what snell had to say to us after he finished Throwing to Edmund. And call have you been able to bounce back from your bullpen stations? Pain free and how does it feel after doing something like this?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 16: Now, YEAH no i. Feel, Great yeah i've done a lot of different THINGS than i did last YEAR when i was in, this POSITION so i feel. Way better, And yeah i'm just very excited About hafha right Now where, i'm at getting back to some normalcy again feels. Really good, AND yeah i just can't wait.
Speaker 6: To pitch how close are you two going out and pitching and rehab assignments and really getting that part of this.
Speaker 16: Process going you know the answer, TO that. I don't you gotta go talk to the. Head face all, Right, there.
Speaker 6: Yeah well we did speak to the. Head Face dave roberts spoke to us and Said that snell's gotta work himself up to at least forty pitches OF. Live bp and, right now, YOU know i Just Tossed rick monday the game ball from THE live Vp That blake snell handed me after he was done exerting. Himself earlier, This afternoon sam it.
Speaker 4: Is brought to By the Ford And Maverick water Trains Of north america's truck Of, the Year the Ford and maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at THE best msrp of. Its category it's time To see ford in a. New light go To Your southern california four. Dealers today last Night Was otani, bobblehead night but also a big Night For.
Speaker 6: Max munsey huge Night For, max mounsey and in the process He made. Dodger history he already has the franchise record for the most postseason home Runs in Brooklyn And la dodger history with thirteen postseason, home runs and last night his first home Run Tight steve garvey for the third MOST In la, dodger history his second One, past garvey and then his third one for, good measure added an extra one to get Closer To, ron say who is second on. That list Here's what munsey told us about what all that means. To him it means. A lot garvey is an.
Speaker 17: Unbelievable player you look at what, he did, you know in his time HERE in la and that's kind of.
Speaker 6: The standard.
Speaker 17: You know you look at how consistent he was forever many years he, was here was a, ten plus, you know Ten Straight All, star Games The. Gold gloves, you know he's kind of Just a, dodger icon and so, you know it means a lot to be able to, pass him and, you KNOW hopefully i can keep.
Speaker 6: Moving Forward max mounsey with two hundred and thirteen home runs in. His Career ron say hit two hundred and. Twenty eight he's next on the list and very Possible that munsey can get close to him by the end of.
Speaker 4: The Season evon she and on the mound tonight his. Third starts what's she and are we going?
Speaker 10: To?
Speaker 5: See yeah.
Speaker 6: Great question the fastball velosity has been a question Since mid march and spring training in his last start Against the Nationals, IN, washington dc the fastball velosity wasn't there the first three or, four innings and then it started to tick up the. Last two and he's kind of getting annoyed by the questions about his. Fastball velocity so we'll See what emmit she and we get to start. The game but it seems like he's easing, into games and we've seen that with other young pitchers before instead of just coming out and letting. It loose so we'll see whether or not the fastball velosity is there. Early on he's got a lot of tough left handers to, face tonight including Two former.
Speaker 4: Dodgers And corey Seeger And. Jock peterson we will. Find out david appreciate. It well check back in with you in just a. Little Bit dodgers baseball is brought to You By Santa. Anita park celebrate ninety years of horse Racing And santa Anita every Friday through sunday with millions of payouts every. Race day find out more about the great race Place At santa anita. Dot com slash events coming up Here on Dodgers. On deck david'll be back as he checks In With. Alex freeland we'll also Get Your dodgers magical moment in Here From. Charlie steiner lead you Up to Dodgers and rangers On, this saturday first pitch of. Six Cent I'm tim kates is the back To Back World Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Audio network.
Speaker 3: This Is Morongo Casino dodgers hunting game on your Home For La.
Speaker 1: Dodgers baseball lead.
Speaker 5: You Up to dodgers And.
Speaker 4: The rangers and then She And jack lighter of the pitching matchup first pitch coming up at.
Speaker 10: Six ten.
Speaker 3: Who wants The hot it's time for The Hawfe Magical Moment Bitch Magical dodget phone Present By Hawfey.
Speaker 1: Hot dogs we.
Speaker 4: Go Back to, june eighteenth, Twenty fifteen dodgers And. The rangers the game was scoreless of the ninth When the dodgers got runners on thanks to back to. Back walks after a, double Play the dodgers were down to their. Last out jimmy rollins up to bat with Pinch Hunter keiky hernetez.
Speaker 5: On Third herna is dancing. Off third Add up falk and the game.
Speaker 13: Is over.
Speaker 7: Keith k hernandez dancing Like A radio city rock Ketch. Upset Peela the dodgers win on a fox old charity. Happily accepted there is no complaint From the.
Speaker 5: Dodgers' side it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't pretty they will take.
Speaker 5: It well they'll take it.
Speaker 4: No Doubt keicky hernandez scores on a two, out back bringing in the only run of.
Speaker 5: The game Is the dodgers went it one.
Speaker 4: To Nothing this hoffee magical moment brought to By off Hey, Hot Dogs offee sokou's local treasure for nearly one. Hundred years Offy, Hot dogs local and. So great will we continue Here On morongo Casinos. On deck we will check In With rick Monday And charlie steiner as we lead you up to First pitch dodgers And. The Rangers I'm tim kates is the back To back World Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Audio network.
Speaker 1: This Is Marongo casino Dodgers on deck on your home For The Blue all. Season log.
Speaker 5: It's the dodgers And The texas.
Speaker 4: Rangers image She And jack lyer the Pitching matchup game two of this three. Game set as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of.
Speaker 1: The game time now For the.
Speaker 4: Verizon, Startup, now verizon you can lock in your low price for three years so you can. Save big Visit The rising. Store today take, It away Charlie.
Speaker 18: All right tim game two of the three game series With The rangers dodgers, last night with their come from behind win the. Walk off by month see now ten and three best record. In baseball they're two and a half in Front Of, sandy diego three in Front. Of arizona texas is in first place In The American, league west.
Speaker 5: And they're the only team in the division over five.
Speaker 18: Hundred now having said, all that years and years and years of Tradition to, dodgers, stadium pitching, in defense and just, enough, hitting well this year everything has Been. Torn asundomo you Got the dodgers leading, the league the majors, in fact with, ten wins highest batting average in the majors two to ninety seven ops of eight, seventy five the most home runs in. The game they've got, twenty five five More, than atlanta eighty, two rbiys one hundred and thirty, four hits all the Best In Major, league baseball and with eighty three runs scored in an on base percentage of three, sixty nine they Lead The national league in. That category they're, just hitting really hitting on all cyling, it well and they're.
Speaker 3: Doing it a.
Speaker 9: Timely fashion that's the other, part too is you know sometimes you get a lot of hits and maybe not a whole lot. Of, production yes they hit home runs, last night and none More Than max munsey for the third time in his career three home runs in a single. Ball game And he pa has left the. Yard again he has been absolutely incredible what. He's done team leading, in hits RBIs on top. Of it but, Timely hitting and we talked About this. Dodger offense, they're selective not, just patient but, they're selective and they seem to have a very good idea and they seem to also share and compare notes after their bats when they get back into.
Speaker 18: The dugout, last night MONTHSLY in pa has combined to go seven, for eight four, home runs, seven RBIs seven, runs scored and twenty. Stolen bases that's just monthsly.
Speaker 3: In.
Speaker 9: Pies yeah how many teams can say that their number SEVEN hitters pa has was last night and is. Again tonight is doing what he. IS doing i mean he's hitting at four to thirteen to start with last night and that went up a little bit on top. Of it so there's all kinds of things that are. Going on what does get overlooked at times is the timely pitching that. They're getting also kind of a misfire last Night In edwin diaz who gave up the three runs on four hits in the ninth Inning before mounsey with two outs in the bottom half of the night a walk off. Home run but you look all in all with, for example last Night with vessia And, with scott they closed the door and we're seeing that happen more and more often coming out of.
Speaker 18: The bullpen this time yesterday we were talking About the dodgers seven eight and. Nine, hitters well last night they went seven for ten with a, home RUN five rbs and two.
Speaker 5: Runs scored that's.
Speaker 9: The bottom of, the, lineup yeah and it sets the stage for the top of, the lineup which isn't too, bad either especially when you Look at otani the most consecutive games reaching base now at forty Four And dave roberts talking about the fact is That what otani has, also done he's not just a simplifying things, IS look i want to get. Base hits he's also, taking walks but the top of the lineup is really reaping the benefits of the bottom third of, the lineup putting the ball, into play getting on base and therefore equally.
Speaker 18: Scoring runs well To Night emma sheen his third start of, the year first two kind of Rugged Against al Lighter's, son jack who is one to on a two. Forty five he are a pretty good, pitching matchup at least.
Speaker 9: On, PAPER yeah I mean i think even more on. PAPER night i look for a big night for m machen because he's had well two of, the starts and well his record is one. To zero there has been a drop off in velocity if we're going back to. Last year on top, of it he's also in the two games that he started at three to sixteen, batting average he's walked too. Many batters that sends us opportunities for. OTHER teams i expect him to come out tonight not that concerned about, the VELOCITY but i think also the, breaking stuff how good that's going.
Speaker 18: To be kim starting his shortstop, again tonight, batting ninth and he has put the bat on the ball solidly since it pretty, call, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah and no question.
Speaker 9: About that in the sacrifice fly last night before he gave Way with espinol came on as. A infinchiator one Thing that dodgers did not do last night that they need to do a better. Job of that's avoiding the ground bowl. Double play they wrapped into three double plays. Last night that's probably going to be able to change and. Change soon but you look At this dodger, ball club as, you mentioned first team with ten victories, this season they have been. Lights out you know they're going to have a couple of spots here and there that they, will sputter but that's not the case. Right, now well they got the best record. In baseball it's that's enough to. Be said as we get ready for game two of the three games.
Speaker 18: Set tomorrow Jacob de Grom And roki sasaki In The sunday Afternoon, of affairs sim, all right thank.
Speaker 4: You Guys dodgers baseball is brought To by City. A, hope, preparation precision and unrelenting commitment to being the best at what. They do that's what makes a CHAMPION At. Cityo hope that commitment has one focus. Hering Camp thank Champions of hope make an appointment Today at Cityohope. Dot org still they come Here on Dodgers. On deck we'll get your previous. Bitching matchup Tim and rickle have the keys of. The game, up next We go High and Tight With alex.
Speaker 5: Freelin lead you Have.
Speaker 4: To Dodgers and rangers On This saturday Live From dodgers Dandy On, tim kates the back to back World Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Audio network as we, were saying This.
Speaker 3: Is Marongo casino Dodgers on deck on the official Home Of La.
Speaker 1: Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 4: It's a dodgers And The texas rangers On this saturday Night image She And. Jack lighter the Pitching Matchup dodgers baseball is brought to You By Shaky's, pizza parlor the official pizza partner Of The dodgers. Audio broadcast When it's, game nine It's group Night at Shakys.
Speaker 3: Dot com and now what will likely be vast fielding insults From a, dodger player it's an engagement.
Speaker 1: Of endearment this is high, and tight.
Speaker 6: All right this this is his first time on the show. This season he's starting again at. Second base he's been in there virtually every night For. The dodgers that's the one And Only, alex FREELAND and i appreciate you clearing the throat getting ready for.
Speaker 10: This interview thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: On, man yeah how's it been to get? This opportunity everybody needs. AN opportunity i just needed an opportunity. With You the dodgers have given you an opportunity.
Speaker 10: To play i'm grateful. FOR it I mean.
Speaker 14: I really wasn't expecting it but to break with, The Team but they've given me an Opportunity and i'm trying to make the most. Of it SO all i can be is Grateful.
Speaker 6: For do you feel like you belonged more than you did when you first got? Called?
Speaker 11: Up.
Speaker 14: YEAH definitely i mean just having that little taste of it from last year like gave me or put my mind, at ease like it's NOTHING that i.
Speaker 10: Haven't done, So yeah i'm definitely.
Speaker 6: More comfortable let's talk about last. Night's game as a, baseball fan that was a really entertaining game, to watch Especially When max he's hitting three.
Speaker 10: Home, runs, yeah no that was a really. Good game shout out months he was he was on one.
Speaker 6: Last night can you feel that type? Of game it felt Like the rangers are not being intimidated. By you they're not. Conceding anything that makes the game a little bit. More.
Speaker 14: FUN yeah I mean i don't think any team's over there just conceding. TO us, i mean everybody's trying to beat us and. Play hard so those are the GAMES that i enjoy. The most when it's, higher energy, Good BASEBALL like i really. Enjoy that so last night's game was fun to play and fun.
Speaker 6: To Watch when rojas is in there at shortstop, with you what are some of the nuances and communication he shares.
Speaker 14: With you just, like positioning and we just communicate throughout, the game like like what we want to do if balls hitting this in. This scenario so it's just communicating about.
Speaker 10: The game does he have.
Speaker 6: A better scouting report on some players or little tips on how to get a read off?
Speaker 14: One, HITTER yeah i WOULD say i would, say that so Just because maggie's played with a lot of these guys and, against them so he's always got something on whether it's small, or big he's always.
Speaker 10: Got something so does he make you see the?
Speaker 6: Game differently does it open your eyes when you're playing, second base Even when kim like tonight is starting, At, shortstop.
Speaker 14: YEAH no I mean i always really enjoy playing up the middle with both of. The Guys But miggy rose just like that, veteran player so like he's seen. Almost everything so, IT'S like i really enjoy playing up the Middle.
Speaker 6: With Meggie alex freeland is. Our guest i'm not going to Pretend that i'm some, baseball EXPERT but i have noticed when you're hitting from the, left side your hands are elevated and they're a little bit farther away from your BODY than i saw. Last year is that an, Accurate, observation yeah it's.
Speaker 10: Pretty accurate it's just to free up, my hands give me space. To rotate does it.
Speaker 6: Help you eliminate even just like maybe a second to try to get your bat into the strike zoner to keep it in the strike?
Speaker 14: ZONE longer i would say, So yeah but just like the main purpose of it to have my hands away from my body is to.
Speaker 10: Create space how.
Speaker 6: Did you, Find, That, robert, oh wow he actually. Does, something yeah, He does but it was.
Speaker 10: When we were playing In The.
Speaker 14: Freeway series it was like, the, LIKE yeah I didn't i didn't make that adjustment Until The freeway SERIES and i had like, one game so like a few at bats, with IT and i, was like, all Right like busher's run, with it and here.
Speaker 10: We are i'm.
Speaker 6: Not joking when you guys came Back To dodger stadium During The freeway series and watching you take, batting practice that's the first time that it really stood out.
Speaker 10: To.
Speaker 14: Me, Yeah NO like, i said we made that adjustment like the second second game Of The. Freeway series so it feels Good and i'm gonna run.
Speaker 6: WITH it i know you take pride in being a, switch hitter but you're being run out there mostly. Against righty's have you found some sort of rhythm doing that from side of?
Speaker 14: THE plate, i, mean yeah most of my focus is on the on the left side, right NOW but i mean there, are times like when we Were, IN toronto i did get a few at bats, right handed so not trying to just push the right handed something to the side and still get my work in even though like the majority of, The time i'm not gonna hit right handed versus, the lefties Which which i'm, Fine with like that is that.
Speaker 10: Is okay whatever they need me, To do.
Speaker 6: I'll do having fun very baseball stadiums are you're it feels like coming to the ballpark for you is. Your refuge you can get away from everything and and have a. Good, time.
Speaker 14: Yeah definitely this Is where this IS where i would. Call home this is where my. Mind's at he's.
Speaker 6: Love it hope you find a place to Stay in. La, SOON shoot i.
Speaker 14: Do too if you know anybody that's renting out, their home let.
Speaker 6: Me, know okay hey sometimes They might thanks a lot for. The time great to see. You SMILE and i love how you keep the swamp mullet away from the stadium.
Speaker 10: This year yeah you. Like, that Yeah maybe i'll grow it out just.
Speaker 6: For you there He goes My Buddy. Alex freeland he might not have, a Home but i'm going to feed him tomorrow night after the. Day game he said It the capital. Grill go we'll send it back to you in.
Speaker 5: The, studio tim, all right thanks a lot Of Dv.
Speaker 4: Alex freeland off to a good start For, the dodgers getting an opportunity to play and taking the most of. That Opportunity dodgers baseball is Presented By uniclo Field The.
Speaker 5: Dodger stadium visit uniclo.
Speaker 4: Dot COM Slash Us Teacher Appreciation night Out of.
Speaker 5: Dodgers, stadium yes full.
Speaker 4: Crowd expected is they get the sweatshirt, to say make their way in To, uniclod Field The. Dodger stadium we're leaning out to the first pitch On This saturday dodgers And. The rangers first pitch coming up at. Six', ten, up next though we'll dive deeper into. This pitchy matchup a couple of young guys, Going at it dodgers looking to make it too straight after the walk off Home Run for max munsey last night's and they.
Speaker 5: Get it done we'll dive deeper to.
Speaker 3: The.
Speaker 4: Pitching Matchup Next i'm tim katz's back to Back World Champion.
Speaker 5: Dodgers audio Network.
Speaker 3: This Is Morongo casino dodgers hunts on Your Home For la dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Hits the Dodgers and the Rangers on this saturday night's First Pitch from Unico Fio the dodgers dadium is coming up.
Speaker 3: At six ten and Now before the dodgers hit the dining we look at, the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to You By. Your toyota dealers we. Make It, easy jack lighter nothing. Easy about him young twenty five year old right hander one tozer with a TWO. Forty five era he was the second overall Pick of the rangers in twenty twenty One, out of vanderbilt his third season out of. The big leagues making his third. Start, this year, fastball upper, nineties, change. Up slider curveball he's got. A. Good pitch micks First, timeout six, indians two, runs five hits eight strikeouts in a Win. Over the orioles, last time, out five, innings one, run four hits nine strikeouts in a no Decision Against. The cincinnati reds this is his First Time, at dodger stadium first Time. Facing The dodgers emmett shean Goes for the dodgers one to zero With, an eight erora the twenty six year old right handed finally healthy fourth season in. The big leagues he missed all at twenty twenty four in the first half of twenty twenty Five Recovering from.
Speaker 5: Tommy john surgery he has good to.
Speaker 4: Go this year he owns an eleven and four record in thirty career games twenty five starts with the career four OH. Four e rra making his third, start This season first timeout three in, the third, innings four runs five hits in a no Decision against the, diamondbacks last timeout five and, two third, innings four runs a couple of hits in a Win Over. The Washington nationals immitt Shean Facing the texas rangers once In his career, july twenty third. Twenty twenty three he went three and, two third innings giving up eight runs on eight hits five walks while striking out four. In a Loss So it's Emmett Shean and jack lighter The pitching matchup game two of this Three game set Dodgers In. The texas rangers as we're fifteen minutes away. From first pitch keys to the. Game Are Next I'm. Tim kate tim this is the back to Back World Champion. Dodgers audio Network.
Speaker 1: This Is marongo casino dodgers on Tack on your Home for the blue. Whole season Long.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers And the texas Rangers On. This saturday night dodgers winners last night on the walkoff Home Run. For max munci maybe some more magic Tonight as The dodgers emm Shean Goes. Against jack lighter as we get ready for the start of The Game With Sapporo.
Speaker 5: Start great Moments start. With sapporo beer whatever.
Speaker 4: Your taste preference toporo has you covered with a variety of crisp, and refreshing loggers including light and. Non alcoholic beer soporo, good with sushi. Great with baseball it's head back over to the two guys on, The call Tonight.
Speaker 5: Tim nevertt rickmunday tim.
Speaker 2: Thanks again as we get you set for the first, Pitch here tonight Dodgers And The texas. Rangers Interleague play emmett shean Going. For the dodgers he's, one and Oher but as, era is up it is at eight even and one thing that's down his four. Seam fastball velocity it's down almost two miles per hour, from Last year and emmett is saying the reason for that is, not an injury but.
Speaker 9: Just, simply mechanics well the mechanics need to get WORKED out because i think also as an offshoot, of the mechanics the breaking ball has not been, exceptionally good either and for she and he's given up a three sixteen batting average against the walks a little bit too high in relationship to the. Number of Strikeouts and, the dodgers meanwhile have To Figure out jack lighter making his third start record of. One to zero lighters worked. Only eleven innings he has struck out, already seventeen batters but Lefties and the dodgers have six, of Them, tonight including freeland. The SWITCH hitter lefties ivi at three. Point fifty seven right handers have, been relatively Quiet just for. Buck, Forty three.
Speaker 2: Now Lighter Leads major league baseball and swings. And, misses induced also he's added a cutter to his. Repertoire this season he figures that's going to. HELP him out i thought we'll see what Happens on a city. Connect Uniform night the Dodgers Wearing their city Connects Tonight, At Dodgers stadium blake snell by the way through live batting practice for. The first time fifteen. Pitches One inning tommy edmund was in there Taking swings and edmund getting a little, closer to returning but taking steps this afternoon. To do that Rangers and the dodgers lineups and first pitch just. Around the, Corner all, right.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys don't forget.
Speaker 4: After The game david bassey's got you cover with all, the postgame festivities including, all the, Reaction The highlights jose mota will check in and Then Of course dodger. Talk as well first pitch is coming Up Next from Uniclo Field. At Dodgers Stadium i'm tim kats and This Has, Been marongo causino dodgers on Deck on The Back To back World Champ And.
Speaker 5: Dodgers audio network
Speaker 10: Mm hmm