Speaker 1: My apology is to the Wegmans in Tyson's Corner?
Speaker 2: Is this what the woman was referencing referenced it earlier?
Speaker 1: Yes, the Tyson's in or I'm sorry, the Wegmans in Tyson's Corner, the one at Capitol one Hall, where the Capitol one building is. So, I don't know if you guys have ever seen it. Have you ever been to a place where they have, like the cart escalator?
Speaker 3: Yeah, where you put a shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. Maybe people don't go there. You put the cart in.
Speaker 4: It's not just there. Well yeah, no, I know there are targets.
Speaker 3: I've seen it at a target.
Speaker 2: Here's Teeter in Old Town has it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, now everybody's bragging.
Speaker 5: But the girsher down the road, the Whole Foods in Rockville has it. I haven't been there, all right, but it's chances are you've come across the.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I didn't know. I didn't know if everybody has seen that. It seemed very fancy to me, And I mean I've been there before. The target I've seen has that also. But you put the card in, Elliott people have seen it. You put the cart in and it goes down and you ride kind of you always go quicker than that one so that you get to the bottom and you could retrieve your stuff. Saturday afternoon, early afternoon, Wegmans was packed from people who were out buying for Thanksgiving, and we were no different. So Jackie and I went and I'm pushing my cart to leave. I always park down on P two, so I have to go down two flights. But I went down the first flight and it is packed. There's a line of people waiting to go, and then I'm in line and there's people behind me. So I put the cart. I go to put the cart into the thing, and Jackie goes and on the bottom, on the bottom of the cart, we had a twelve pack of Coke zero and a twelve pack of those sam Adams Winter White ales that I want to try. Jackie says, do we need to get the stuff off the bottom? And I was like, nah, They're built for this. And I push it into the thing and it settles. Twelve pack comes off the front, gets wedged on the wheel, and beer is sprayed everywhere everywhere like it is and it's by the way, it's not stopping, No, it's it doesn't it's not like I don't even know what that would be like where it's like, oh, there must be something going on, and it stops, and every couple of feet it runs over a new can and so the entire way down it's spraying beer. It's horrible. Now Jackie went down the human escalator maybe to kind.
Speaker 3: Of get it.
Speaker 1: At the say again, no, no she ran. No, you couldn't walk next to it. That's like a splash zone.
Speaker 3: It was bad.
Speaker 1: Now, people coming up on the other side they got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got spray. Oh yeah. Oh.
Speaker 1: And then at the at the at the bottom, I stayed at the top because I'm looking around like I need help, not me the well there was no and so somebody from Wegman's came up and they were like, are you okay? And I was like, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You see, you took responsibility for it.
Speaker 1: My wife is standing at the bottom or with some guy with some guy who's complaining to Jackie, your husband got my stuff all wet. Oh no, I can't tell you. It looked like a fountain was going off.
Speaker 3: It was so bad. It was horrible. If that I'm telling you, if that woman would.
Speaker 1: Call back, she would tell you it was, or you could ask the five thousand people who I heard this behind me?
Speaker 3: Ell of now.
Speaker 1: They shut the thing down and I apologize. I was like, I am so sorry. I had no idea it was going to come out the bottom. And I think the people at Wegman's lied to me because they were like, it's no, it's okay, it's not a big deal. This happens all the time, to which I wanted to say, I'm here all the time, I've never seen it happen.
Speaker 3: But they were they were very very nice.
Speaker 1: They were very nice, and they said, okay, listen, I will, I will. We're gonna shut it down. They got stanchions and they set that up. And there's I've never paid attention to it, as you as your cart goes into the card escalator. Yeah, there's a there's like an electric sign above it, and it just said like fault, you know, issue emergency. The thing is flashing and lighting up. It was and and you can't escape that smell. So they're twelve beers just got crushed going down that thing.
Speaker 4: I swear they said they were only twelve ounces.
Speaker 1: But you know what, you know what shocked me the most, the guy came over and you could see one of the cans was a I mean it was flattened, but you could see it with Sam Adams.
Speaker 3: And the guy said, is that the new Sam Adams Winter?
Speaker 4: What to try that?
Speaker 1: And I said, yeah, he goes, We'll get you another twelve pack. Nice because I had already paid for it. I had already paid for it, so I was like, do I have to stand here? And he said, yeah, we'll get it. We'll be right back, and the guy came over. Honestly, they were the nicest people in terms of and I'm sure the second I went down to go meet up with that woman at the bottom of the escalator, I'm sure every one of them.
Speaker 3: Was like, what a jack uche it was?
Speaker 1: So they had to mop. I didn't even know that there was and I felt bad. There was some woman who works there. She had to climb into the cart escalator to start picking up the empties.
Speaker 3: That's it was.
Speaker 1: The customer service so embarrassing, so embarrassing. So if you work at the Wegmans, at at Tyson's at the Capitol one Hall building, I am sorry. It was not intentional and Jackie was like, do we need to move him, and I was like, no, it's their job, not the cans, like the carts.
Speaker 3: It's their job to get you down there.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's a sign up now.
Speaker 3: For what like us use elevator?
Speaker 4: Clear, it's still the car, the rules for it.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe, by the way, if that thing is still shut down, like I caused a real problem.
Speaker 4: Seriously, they are used all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least it's not a busy time at the grocery store, Diane.
Speaker 1: It could not have been crowded or or crowded, crowded or sorry, it could not have been more crowded. The line to leave was long. Coming in wasn't as long, but it sure was wet. I wish you could see people coming up the escalator like this. Oh so I am sorry, am I grabbing line one real quick?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Elliet in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey it's good my uncle.
Speaker 4: That company they're called Vermaports.
Speaker 1: Vermaports, that's the name of the card escalator. Yeah, oh I just call it the card escalator. Actually just call it wet, but yes, Vermaport. All right, very good, thank you, thank you. Never heard that, never have either, Krista. Can you do me a favor? Will you will you grab my phone off my desk real quick? I took a picture of it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask, did you not have your phone on you to fight?
Speaker 3: See it? But it's embarrassed. I couldn't film it.
Speaker 1: Why I couldn't get my I'm in the middle of watching people get their stuff damage, and I'm gonna whip out my phone like I'm on TikTok.
Speaker 4: With the Wegman's callar have access to the security footage? Oh, that'd be good.
Speaker 3: Wait is there a camera there everywhere?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Oh? The Giants fired their defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Oh that's wet.
Speaker 3: Can you see where the wet is? It was so embarrassing, Diane.
Speaker 1: And look if you if you zoom, damn it if you zoom in. Come on, there's another one down there that's so bad.
Speaker 3: Oh it's horrible. So I apologize.
Speaker 1: If there is video, I'd love to see it because I can't believe how much spray came off of that thing.
Speaker 4: You've always said wegmans helping hands, helping hands people parking lot, and they did, and they did, they helped me.
Speaker 1: Look at how wet that is. Jesus, So that was my apology. Now, can I give a thank you? Kelly Browns? The Rolls Royce of Turkey.
Speaker 3: Look what I made last night?
Speaker 4: They sent a turkey.
Speaker 3: It was so good. It's fantastic, it really is.
Speaker 4: And you cooked the whole turkey.
Speaker 1: Well, what was I going to do?
Speaker 3: Half cooked? You can't have to cook a turkey. You can't have pros.
Speaker 1: So they had sent us a turkey, right, and they were like, the the I don't.
Speaker 3: They had one, so they sent it.
Speaker 1: So I got it into the house and I told Jackie, we're gonna make it this weekend. By the way, when you buy the Rolls Royce of Turkeys, there's like a whole instruction thing in there.
Speaker 2: You said that. We were looking on their website. They're very detailed, and they are and rightfully, so ask me how long did it take to cook? It was about a ten pound turkey.
Speaker 1: Ask me how long did it take to cook a ten pound turkey?
Speaker 5: Now, I know we learned on air that it is less time than a turkey from a grocery store, correct, So I do have that knowledge going in right, based on the way these.
Speaker 4: Are farmed and then drive plots and all that stuff. A ten pound turkey. I'm going to say two.
Speaker 1: Hours, our twenty oh, our twenty quick.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It comes with the thermometer too.
Speaker 3: Now I have a thermometer, but it comes with one. It's great.
Speaker 1: They walk you through how to do it. And by the way, it's not like it's not like like we make turkeys every year for Thanksgiving and sometimes you butter based them, or like we we shampoo that thing with a bigeload of butter and then all kinds of stuff. They tell you not to do that. Honestly, it's a hand water. You can put some vegetables in there, like I put root vegetables in there and through it's Jackie anyway, the the the some root vegetables in there, and then you just cook it. It's awesome. It's awesome. I will tell you this. When you flip it over. At one point, when you have to flip it over, you do see where you know, like sometimes if you pluck a hair and you don't get it all the way out, sometimes you'll get like a little anybity little.
Speaker 3: Piece of the hair that comes through. You got to dig at it a little bit.
Speaker 1: This bad boy had one little piece of feather that was still in there, but I dug it out of them. But anyway, the Kelly Bronze people, they want to they want to bring one in in December and make it quote their way, which I am all about. I am all about it.
Speaker 4: Although it does sound like you try to thank you, Judd.
Speaker 1: I followed their rules one hundred because I didn't want to screw it up.
Speaker 4: Was it odd making it turkey? Not for Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Speaker 1: It's odd making it a couple of days before Thanksgiving, for sure, but it's not like.
Speaker 4: You're saving it for Thursday. You've brought it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I brought it in.
Speaker 3: It's great, it's great.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to try it.
Speaker 1: I did White Meat Guard, I did the whole goddamn turkey. So we got to reach out to Judd and he'll come in and he'll do one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'd love to cook one for you guys in December and feed you all. I'm feeding them too, thank you.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 5: It got lost in Friday Show, Oh because of the dead guy.
Speaker 4: We did tease that Kelly Brons had some one. People forgot about it. I'm glad you didn't forget and prepared it. Diane. Yeah, it's just nervous about those emails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you can crack her open.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to vote to have Diane release the files.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 5: Do you want me to you do whatever you want. I'm tempted just to try it right now? Or should I make sure it's heated at tinybody?
Speaker 1: You don't have to heat it. You've never had cold turkey?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But is that? Should my first Kelly bronze be cold?
Speaker 3: My first one was hot? I know. No, just try it, that's fine. Oh you have a thick cut, thank you?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, did the way they wanted you to carve it?
Speaker 1: I carved that like you normally would carve a turkey. Oh you didn't go I did follow their carving to get it off the bone, okay, but then once my breast is off, I carved that like you would any other turkey. Oh my god, just grab someone, eat it.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to touch other pieces here.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It's cooked, so good, Diane, so good, So they'll come in.
Speaker 2: Oh, well that's a thick slice too.
Speaker 3: No, now you slice a turkey, what do you do like paper thin? What are you eating?
Speaker 1: Parmerjudo perjudo who isn't that good?
Speaker 4: That is flavorful.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I didn't go they do say season to your liking.
Speaker 1: I didn't go heavy on the seasoning because I wanted to see what the rolls Royce was all about.
Speaker 3: It's great, it's really good.
Speaker 4: Like in barbecue competitions.
Speaker 1: I don't saw so I like to just have it right. She's sleeping, by the way, Mmm.
Speaker 3: It's so good, isn't it good?
Speaker 1: No, I'm telling you well done. And wait till Judd comes in and you get it hot. Beautiful, beautiful turkey, beautiful turkey. I remember they're in Virginia.
Speaker 3: It's not tofu Juliana.
Speaker 2: Oh is that what she eats?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But again, over the weekend, I guess I didn't see it, but I guess on TV she had mentioned that she was coming to my house for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is fine, that's great. I have no problem with that.
Speaker 1: She's come every year for the last couple of years, but she always like she one year she wanted to bring vegan pumpkin pie. Although you know what's big this year. You know what is big vegan side dishes.
Speaker 2: Just because so many more people are adopting.
Speaker 3: Not vegan herb bread pudding. That doesn't sound good.
Speaker 1: Maple roasted squash and chickpeas with mint, pistachio pesto. That actually sounds good. What's the other word for chickpeavons? And Diane, what's the difference between a chickpea and a garbonzo bean?
Speaker 2: There's none?
Speaker 1: Also, tell me this doesn't sound good, Juliana, if you're listening, I have a vegan dish you can bring.
Speaker 3: God forbid you bring something?
Speaker 4: She said that she forgot last year.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I'm going to somebody's house for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: I have my purse and I have my keys. Am I forgetting anything?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to bring something?
Speaker 4: She said.
Speaker 5: She found what the girl said, look at vegan door had at seven o'clock on Thanksgiving Eve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was horrible, horrible, to the point where people were like, do we have to invite her again? Citrus braised fennel with white beans. That sounds awesome. That sounds awesome, And this is all vegan. Yeah, that I would eat. The picture looks pretty good.
Speaker 4: All of this looks good.
Speaker 3: No, the fenel one looks good, Juliana.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're trying to get her idea she can't cook.
Speaker 1: How do you know that she's been to my house for numerous years and have never walked in with a cooked platter. Also, you know what else she's never done, got in the kitchen and cook something.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe she doesn't want to disturb the vibe of the Menito's in there.
Speaker 1: Could have done the bashed potatoes. God nos, chief didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And people.
Speaker 5: Really run the risk of a lifetime of ridicule. It's like a haircut if they if they screw up, don't or use the bathroom at your house.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up, Paul?
Speaker 1: See so Juliana get on that? Uh what is it? The fennel and white beans? Citrus brais, citrus brais, fennel with white beans. And you know what's seeing a big bike this year for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Tofu like to no, well, I mean Tofurky was always a bit Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tofu is through the roof for Thanksgiving this year and I don't know why.
Speaker 4: But this one you can't get behind.
Speaker 3: Tofu's giving is what they call it.
Speaker 4: Oh, people are doing like fully Tofu menus.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, where that is the protein in everything, so they'll use it in like like even if you did like like a vegetable on the side.
Speaker 3: They'll put tofu in there, but like.
Speaker 1: Soaking in the taste of whatever some of them were Obviously they're just doing like like tofu is the main meal, Like they'll like braise it off and stuff. So yeah, tofu literally in everything.
Speaker 4: Like what I'm seeing this dessert pop up. First, I didn't expect that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they'll do like a toaf pumper pumpkin pie.
Speaker 1: It looks gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that might be one of those things that if they didn't tell you it's you'd never know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I bet I would. I bet I would, because it doesn't taste like pumpkin pie. The only thing that I think I like tofu in is miso soup. Yeah, then it looks like a tonsil turd, but.
Speaker 5: That's also how it's prepared or sir, this is a tofu vegan salted maple ginger pie. It looks delicious.
Speaker 1: That could you know why? Because you know what the you know what, the photographer used a real pie.
Speaker 5: But it does say here for the filling, you want to make sure the excess liquids poured off the tofu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to wet tofu diead first all right, Juliana, get on it.
Speaker 3: Make something